- But this IS OLD AS FUCK NEWS
- I just saw it today in my local paper. I guess they are slow.
- Gee, why am I not surprised ? The Rock Hudson / must get married era is long over. But the bearding marriages linger.
- I didn't realize Cavill is so short. Or is it that she's an Amazon
- I love this line from the DM article:
[quote]Meanwhile Ellen, part of the famous Whitaker equestrian dynasty, is said to have moved to Newcastle with her best friend Jennifer.
- I guarantee you Henry Cavill will be matched up to some young starlet well in time for "Man of Steel"'s press junkets.
- Note to self: next beard shouldn't look like she could beat the crap out of me. Not good for "Man of Steel" image.
- What's a showjumper?
- Cavill is a Jersey guy?
[quote]Ellen, 26, met Jersey-born Henry, 29, at the 2009 Olympia International Horse Show.
- Did his movie about his family disappearing on a yaugt come out yet?
- R9, Henry is from the Jersey Islands - they are between England and France.
He's not from New Jersey, aka home of fattie Chris Christie.
- I'd love to think that this is because he's gay and then I'll meet him someday and he'll fall in love with me.
- R12, we had a thread here last year with lots of photos of Henry getting chummy with Corey Spears.
You might be able to find it if you want to check it out.
- He can marry me.
- I'd like to take him home and remind him how gay he really is.
My little slut....
- The things I would do to this man are very explicit. I'd make him my bitch all night long.
- R11 *whispers It's the Channel Islands. These include Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney and Sark. There are other smaller islands.
- Where does the "Henry Cavill is gay" come from?
Where's the evidence?
- Henry's girl is very tall, she's 5'9".
- Jake wouldn't allow it.
- [quote]The things I would do to this man are very explicit.
Detail them here.
- [quote] An insider tells the publication, “They just weren’t getting on.”
More likely they weren't getting IT on. Ever.
- Not sure what's going on in that picture but I saw him for about five seconds at Comic-Con and he seemed a normal height (which is tall for an actor).
I'd say 6'0" or 6'1".
And pictures don't do him justice.
- Why did you only see him for 5 seconds?
- I was walking through a hotel lobby and saw him as he was getting on an elevator.
- Quelle surprise.
Call me, Henry. You know you want it.
Jake "the dick" Gyllenhaal
- Is there any evidence that Henry and Jake were together?
- R27, I don;t know about 'evidence' but Keram posted here (about a year ago?) that they were caught at the Groucho Club in London. That there may have been photos.
And that Jake had an on-off affair with him until he found out he was boning some other dude.
How romantic. Poor Jake, always "unlucky in love". Ah well, back to bearding...
- Our dear Henry is very very smutty. He loves being aggressive during sex and likes to hinder his mate for as long as possible. And when said mate has had enough, he enjoys being taken from the back and hammered. Henry prefers to 'bot' and have his head down and ass up in the air. He doesn't like to 69. He is also a very skilled cock sucker. Henry makes his partner clean up right after sex and wants them to cover up when coming back to bed for a cuddle.
Henry prefers to have sex in a dim lighted room. He is also bad mannered and irresistible when he is being teased or bullied.
- Oh, WHATever, R29. How could you possibly know that, unless you're Jake Gylenhaal?
The specific nature of the info you just gave is way over the top, and it sounds like it belongs in a nifty archive.
- Hey 30, what makes you think Jake is the only guy Henry slept with? That's ridicules.
And 29, I don't care if it's real or not, tell us more.
- Hey 29, what year is that from?
- Is anyone surprised? Anyone with common sense knew this was just a bearding arrangement considering the facts: zero pics of them together and the fact it was announced right after the Superman announcement. It was simply a waybout to try to dispel the gay rumors.
It's sad he has stooped to bearding. I don't mind when actors want to stay in the closet, but its pathetic when they flat out lie about who they are and do this bearding shit. He should just say it's nobodys business instead of this bearding nonsense.
I also wonder if all the lying is what's aged him so much in the last few years. He looks so haggard now.
- [quote]It was simply a waybout to try to dispel the gay rumors.
But didn't it just make it more obvious that something is up?
- Show jumpers aren't very tall. Henry's a midget.
- R35, Henry is 6'1.
He wouldn't be playing Superman if he was short
- Henry is NOT 6'1. That would make his ex 6'3 or 6'4 at least. He's shorter than most of his co-stars and actors usually aren't very tall.
- [quote]That would make his ex 6'3 or 6'4 at least.
- He is 6'1. People posting here are real idiots. Google his other photos and you can see that he usually towers over the others.
I'm still waiting for the proof of him being gay. You know real photos not just him haning out with gay people. Or is that enough to make someone gay?
- They were a weird "engaged" couple because they were almost never seen together at all. The girl in the original link isn't Ellen. I've only seen one picture of the 2 together.
- He's a dwarf r39. Check out that daily fail link.
- Rumor is that Henry may be once again engaged to someone named Gina.
- Gina Carano, the fighter turned actress?
Seems like a fan's fantasy, but when I go off on a limb like this, cray shite comes true.
- [quote]Rumor is that Henry may be once again engaged to someone named Gina.
- Supposedly it's to someone named Gina Carano (see link). This exchange was alleged to have been posted on her official site:
5 Jan 13, 13:01
Maya: Hi, guys, I've heard Gina is already engaged to Henry Cavill...is it true?
5 Jan 13, 19:14
Maya: a friend of mine told me Gina brought her fiance to Reno to meet her family
There's absolutely no verification that this is in any way accurate.
- I'm several years older than Henry Cavill and I haven't gotten married, either! Nothing wrong with staying single for as long as one can.
- Here's the one photo of both of their face visible to the camera.
- From the link:
[quote]We ended up getting a photograph with him and his UFC fighter girlfriend, Gina Carano
- [quote]Rumor is that Henry may be once again engaged to someone named Gina.
What's new? Just another day and another closet case with a PR arranged sham "relationship".
The best thing we can do is refuse to waste our money on people like this who could be making a difference in the gay community, but instead just want to take our money and contribute nothing.
I'll spend my money supporting celebs who are out and proud.
- That dweeb-looking guy in R48 is supposed to be Henry Cavill?
- And Cavill chooses to spend New Year's . . . in Reno??!!
- Yep, R50, that's Henry Cavill. I've always said he's overrated. He's pretty, sure. But he's not the drop dead gorgeous guy everyone here makes him out to be. I also agree with R49. There's a high possibility that he's gay (I actually think he is, he pings and it's just a hunch I have), and if he is then what he's doing is disgusting. I understand he's under a lot of pressure, and I'm sure all his handlers are advising him to stay in the closet, but there's still something called "no". He could have said no. Fact is that if he's gay then his career is obviously more important to him than being himself, being out and proud. He's even going so far as to beard, and I'm sorry but that's not cool. It's actually an insult to all those out people working hard every day to make it, and with their integrity intact. He's willing to sell out just to get a career, which is fine. It's his choice. Just don't expect the gay community to support him.
- The dweeb is the other guy - the guy in the middle is Henry Cavill.
- R52 =
- Well if it doesn't work out with this Gina girl Taylor Swift is available
- She would be perfect, since she has practice with bearding with Jake.
What I find interesting is how Henry might have met Gina?
The only connection is Luke, who worked with Gina on Fast Six.
All three were in London at the same time.
Luke has a beard in Holly; he might have helped out his bf with Gina.
Still, I don't know enough about Gina. Is she a lesbian or just want to help out a friend?
- So the (allegedly) gay hunk is dating the (allegedly) lesbian MMA fighter? Predictable. I'm sick of Hollywood studios playing with the lives of the gay community. This shit needs to end.
- Are they trying to beard Henry up in time for the release of the Superman film?
- R39 is a fangurl hoping against hope that one hot guy in Hollywood is straight. There will never be evidence to satisfy you unless he declares his gayness, which he won't do.
- R57--you'd think they'd have learned with the Vin Deisel/Michelle Rodriguez fiasco a decade ago which NOBODY bought. Another decade, another closet.
- Oh god...she's the biggest dyke in the universe. His first fiancee was Jillian Michaels, the second biggest dyke.
And Gina's rumored to be up for Wonder Woman in the JLA movie. Big coincidence.
- Why are 2 of the people in the R48 photo blurred out? This was taken in a public place. Who blurred them out?
- So she's his beard and he's her purse. Another Hollywood couple.
- The guy on the right in the pic at R48 (also linked below) is very cute, and one can tell even with the blurred face.
- Wow, if Henry and Gina are together now, this just takes the cake. I think I even read about her talking about her girlfriend one time in an interview. And I've known Henry is gay. PR just isn't even trying with them.
- [quote] Note to self: next beard shouldn't look like she could beat the crap out of me.
LOL! This is surely one of the funniest and most inept bearding attempts yet.
Henry darlingkins: leave bearding to your agent to arrange. That's what you pay them for. And if an agent set up this Sloane-diesel-meets-WeHo fag farce, sweetie, you need a better agent.
- [quote]And I've known Henry is gay.
- Yes, yes, details, please. Oh, if you're going to mention a boyfriend, please describe him, too.
Regarding Gina, posters here are saying she's a lesbian. Are there strong reasons why? I don't follow Gina, but I heard she had a boyfriend or two. One got her into the fighting. So, I don't see why the lesbian rumors are coming from. . .
- R68, didn't someone above say that she once talked about a girlfriend in an interview a few years ago?
And weren't there some photos of her making out with another girl on one of these Cavill threads?
- Well, when women mention "girlfriends" she could mean an actual friend, nothing sexual.
[quote]And weren't there some photos of her making out with another girl on one of these Cavill threads?[/quote]
I bet she was drunk, but I didn't see anything on the Cavill threads.
- R68 She's going out with Henry Cavill. That's a pretty good indication she's a lesbian.
- So you're assuming he's gay, R71?
- R68 = Lainey from that awful Canadian gossip site.
- I did a search for Gina on google photos, and she looks pretty butch.
- R72..fuck off frau.
- R72 Welcome to datalounge!
- R75, you misunderstood. I have said in other posts on this thread that I am becoming more convinced of the possibility that Henry could be gay. I was just asking whether the automatic default assumption is now that Henry is gay.
Back in "The Tudors" period when he was playing a playboy pussyhound opposite Jonathan Rhys Myers, I think people assumed he was straight. He would say in interviews (some linked above) that he liked girls etc.
But now that I have seen the photos of him with Cory Spears and hanging out with other gay guys and the attempt to remove some of them from the Internet as well as his bizarre brief engagement, it's beginning to point towards there being a lot of smoke around Henry.
- Well, Henry must have learned a thing or two in his old age, which is to be seen with women.
Here he is with Gina at the Critic's Choice awards.
I can see the love in their eyes.
- Here, it's noted that he walked her to the potty.
- Henry's face looks ghostly white.
- Wow, R78/R79, she wears that dress well, in a linebacker sort of way.
- R52 Thank you. I am so sick and tired of all of these closet cases and all this bearding shit in Hollywood. It will never end as long as people keep selling out and agreeing to this shit. I can give people SOMEWHAT of a pass when they refuse to confirm their sexuality one way or the other (although it would be better if they had the guts to just admit they're gay), but when they flat-out deny being gay and even resort to bearding is just pathetic.
Like I said before, the best thing we can do is refuse to give our money to these closet cases who want to take from our community but don't want to contribute to it. I'll save my money for out and proud people like Matt Bomer, Neil Patrick Harris, and Zachary Quinto.
And I agree with you R52 - he's pretty but not drop dead gorgeous, especially over the last 3 years.
- I'm certainly disappointed that Henry Cavill appears to be bearding not just once but TWICE within the last year alone. But I guess in 2013 it is still unrealistic to expect an openly-gay Superman.
- [quote]Henry's face looks ghostly white.
Probably nervous and worried if he's looking straight enough.
- I'm certainly disappointed that Henry Cavill appears to be bearding not just once but TWICE within the last year alone. But I guess in 2013 it is still unrealistic to expect an openly-gay Superman.
- [quote]I'm certainly disappointed that Henry Cavill appears to be bearding not just once but TWICE within the last year alone. But I guess in 2013 it is still unrealistic to expect an openly-gay Superman.
He could have just of easily said that he doesn't talk about his private life without confirming or denying anything, but the fact that he had to resort to bearding shows what a wimp he is. Whatever. He won't be getting any of my money or support.
One day we WILL have an openly gay A-List star. I don't know when, but it will happen eventually and that person will get my total respect for having guts!
- Does Henry make his beard use a strap-on?
- ^ I like to picture him as a sensitive top more than a bossy bottom. I could be wrong, though.
- R88, that scene from The Tudors is what people know Henry best for. He played a pussyhound so well that it's difficult for many people to imagine him as gay.
- And how do we know he is gay?
- "And how do we know he is gay?"
A just question, my liege.
- [quote]And how do we know he is gay?[/quote]
I saw photos of him at a gay club, in a pool with gay men, and parties with gay men.
Plus, he and Luke Evans share clothes, and Gina worked with Luke on Fast Six. All three were in London at the time of filming.
- [quote]I saw photos of him at a gay club, in a pool with gay men, and parties with gay men.
Are you referring to the photos that were posted here last year of Henry with Corey Spears and other gay friends?
- So he went to a gay bar or whatever. I've been to a pharmacy. It doesn't make me Judy Garland. The guy's on the cusp of a major career breakthrough. Maybe it just didn't seem like the right time to get married.
- Henry in a car with Corey Spears:
- OMG, they look so in love and they're almost naked!
- Here's a link to Corey's website that still seems to be up - Henry in the swimming pool at the Mondrian.
- Henry will his arm around Corey
- will = with
- Henry in some type of a club:
- Another Henry photo with a couple of guys:
- The photo of Henry at R100 looks like it may have been taken at East/West Lounge in West Hollywood. It's a gay bar that recently closed.
Can anyone else confirm?
- Whoops. Meant to say that it's the photo at R101 that was probably taken at the East/West Lounge. Not sure about R100.
- Interesting photo of Henry and a couple of friends:
- Another old photo of Henry:
- Work it, girl!
- Girl, please!
- Where is that one from, R107?
- Which film is that from R107?
- R108 Don't know, but his gayness was slipping out back then even during acting! Guess that's why he tries to look emotionless in everything now.
- Anyone who doesn't think Henry is gay just needs to review Page 6 of this thread.
- You mean this very page we are on, R111?
- Anyone know who the butch girl is at R104?
- If you're on a highway and road runner goes oh vey
If you're an Arab better get out the way
Poor little road runner running down the road all day
Little he know, that the coyote cat's at play
Road runner, the coyote masquerades
Road runner, he will give you AIDS
That coyote's really not very nice
When will you learn that he's never gonna worship Christ
Poor little road runner never bother anyone
He would've stop Adam Lanza if he had a gun
- R108, R107 is from Hellraiser Hellworld. The whole thing was on YT for free but now I can't find it anymore.
- Was he playing a gay character, R115?
- No if anything he was playing the sort of horny jock character. It's atrocious even for a cheap horror flick.
Henry's not particularly bad, he's barely in it, but that one moment as he makes the R107 face when he finds a pack of tarot cards *REALLY* jumps out at you lol!
Even though you have to accept it's acting within the movie, it struck me as a *Taylor Lautner Hands* moment hahaha! I bet he hates that the editor let that in.
- *Taylor Lautner Hands!*
Seriously I still like them both though, even if the poor things are trapped.
- But at what point does it become insulting to our intelligence for them to stay in the closet, R118?
- That's a bit deep for me R119. Don't worry won't and haven't gone to any of their movies, nor do I spend money on Cooper, Travolta or Jackman, or Cruise or Gibson for being batshit. I my friends actually laugh at my bizarre movie-going money withholding principles.
But that won't make a change, and regarding Cavill and Lautner, ultimately I just want someone pretty for my spank bank.
The change for openly gay actors will come through the future likes of Chris Colfer and Zachary Quinto, producing and writing their own movies and creating their own roles, setting the ball rolling.
- According to Michael K. via E. Henry and Gina Carano, whoever the fuck that is, are doing the nasty. She looks awfully matronly.
- Gina Carano as Wonder Woman, huh? Too bad Lynda Carter isn't 30 years younger. She would've made an excellent (believable) beard for Henry. Now that's a feminine Amazon! Pairing him with this linebacker isn't doing much for his "str8" image.
- R118...trapped? Oh dear.
I came out in a small catholic mill town. I think these two millionaires living in hollywood could come out if they chose to.
- Why does he choose women who could whip his ass? Definitely screams beards.
There are lots of beautiful lezzies in Hollywood. He should have picked Amber Heard. They would make a stunning looking couple.
- Gina needs to lose about 20 lbs and get a new stylist. That blue dress is horrid.
- [quote]I came out in a small catholic mill town. I think these two millionaires living in hollywood could come out if they chose to.
Are you serious? Talk about a ridiculous analogy. Were you a multi-milion dollar franchise actor who had millions of women fans who want you to be straight?
Were you in a position where you had to choose whether you wanted to reveal to the world that you are gay and decide whether to be the first gay Superman?
- R126...LOL!! Great satire.
- Is it pretty much agreed on this thread then that he is, in fact, gay?
- Wow! First time seeing many of these pics (and the Lautner gif) and ... excuse me as I scrape my jaw from the floor. And who is this Corey Spears dude? Is he out? The way Cavill is looking at him at r95 and the way he seems to have his hand holding the back of Cavill's head in r98's pic is very telling.
- LMFAO! Yeah, I can really picture these two together *roll eyes*. D-listed is officially unreliable if they're falling for this.
BTW, this bitch looks old as hell up close:
- Henry Cavill hasn't had pussy since pussy had him!
- maybe she uses a strap on?
- R129, what I find quite striking is how comfortable Henry used to be in the gay environment. He obviously wasn't hiding in those days. He had no problem regularly posing with other gay men and going to gay bars.
- He was never gay.
- [quote][R129], what I find quite striking is how comfortable Henry used to be in the gay environment. He obviously wasn't hiding in those days. He had no problem regularly posing with other gay men and going to gay bars.
The fact that he no longer goes to gay bars or hangs out with openly gay men says it all. If he had nothing to hide, he would still keep going to gay bars and hanging out with gay men as if it was no big deal.
He's just another closeted wimp.
- [quote]Wow! First time seeing many of these pics (and the Lautner gif) and ... excuse me as I scrape my jaw from the floor.
What is it that you found so shocking, R129?
- [quote]The fact that he no longer goes to gay bars or hangs out with openly gay men says it all. If he had nothing to hide, he would still keep going to gay bars and hanging out with gay men as if it was no big deal.
You are so wrong in so many levels.
- This coupling makes sense since I figure he is into athletic girls.
Wouldnt a closetted guy pair up with a girly-girl type, because isnt the point to dispell all doubts? Why hook up with an amazon type and subject yourself to strapon-pegging jokes if the whole point is to establish your masculinity and straightness?
(Also, is the suggestion that a gay man could, in a push, settle for a masculine girl? That logic makes no sense but then hey, what do I know.)
- And the defensive fangurls have arrived.
Talking to brick walls
- Don't leave, r139.
- R138, maybe because he didn't have a choice, maybe because his publicist arranged it and he just agreed to it? Maybe because they thought it would be a great idea to say "Henry is into women of all shapes and sizes", like it will be refreshing for a star to go for a girl like that and it would put him in a good light? Just look at the fangirls here, they seem to like the idea that he's into athletic girls, so in a way it's working. Or hell.. maybe they're friends, so she wanted to help him out? There's a million reasons as to why they would choose to go for a girl like that.
- Don't leave, R139 - that doesn't help.
- R136. Even though I find Cavill insanely attractive, I've avoided threads like these because I assumed there's an element of fantasy, I guess. Now, imagine me discovering on top of the usual gossip, there's a history of photographic evidence of him (apparently) carousing and having a gay ol' time in public with a bunch of gay guys.
As for hard evidence, the pic at r98 is only a few pegs beneath a sex tape as far as I'm concerned. Straight guys don't do that with each other.
- Is this Corey Spears dude known to be gay?
- Yes, R144. He's openly out.
- "openly out"
I should have just written "out". I'll add this to the redundancies thread.
- R139: Oh you poor princess! Excuse me for attempting to apply some logic to your little fap-fantasy. I have zero interest in the guy sexually, I dont swing that way.
I just want to understand why a man trying to escape gay rumors would date a series of mascular girls. Especially when there are literally thousands of barbie-doll models willing to bask in some of that Superman publicity. And the comic fanbois will definately NOT be making dumbass jokes. This is not smart closetting.
The only reason I can see him with her is if they are actually together. And since I could never ever ever EVER settle for a fem guy, I must assume that this "gay man" isnt settling for a butch girl. Rather he is a straight man with an attraction for a certain type of woman.
- [quote]Henry will his arm around Corey
Uhm, that is not Henry...sorry.
- It sure is, R148.
"you always bring drama here. you are probably a drama queen, or just a queen from datalonge, which´s the same.
btw thanks for not calling us 'fraus' , it must have taken you great efforts not to do that, i appriciate that."
- What's funny about it, R150?
- Ok, E is on now and Guiliana Rancic looks like she's been shot in the face with that Make-Up Shotgun that Homer Simpson invented!
- Ooops. I didn't mean to put that here lol.
- Half-way through this interview Cavill did when he was 20, he says he still likes to work part of the year in a Jersey nightclub to keep things 'fun and normal.'
- : )
- Here's Henry keeping up appearances with Gina, as if he follows American football.
- R147= pathetic loser.
It's called 'mutual bearding' dear. You're truly simple and a complete moron.
- R156 I don't even care about him anymore. I'm tired of all these closet cases who have a platform to make a difference, but instead hide in the closet like pussies all for the sake of fame and fortune.
The best thing we can do is refuse to waste our money on people who want to take from our community but don't want to give back to it. I won't be watching him. He's not even a great actor anyway.
- He's definitely not a good actor, but does he really have a platform? Personally, I think it would take an A-lister to really bring things to the forefront.
If Tom Cruise wasn't on the decline (career-wise and mentally), I think he would be a spokesperson.
- I mean COULD be a spokesman. Would he, though is another thing, but the community should jump on people of his caliber, not of Henry or Luke Evans, who are not really secured in Hollywood.
- Interesting how the Henry Cavill threads lost interest on DL for several weeks. Perhaps Henry is about to jump the shark here?
- R156, the guy next to Henry with his thumb up kind of pings.
- I don't know if they're a real couple nor do I really care. But I was watching a few clips of Gina in Haywire and man, can that girl fight. I couldn't believe she was fighting Channing Tatum man-to-man and as well as Fassbinder. She fights like a man. Of course, it's all choreographed but it sure looked painful.
I partially agree with you. I understand your bitterness towards people "who want to take from our community but don't want to give back to it" but I don't think that to boycott them is the best thing to do. On the contrary, I believe it's important to support them and hope they have a successful career, if they are talented. What we should do is just telling the truth, that they are gay and in the closet. As simple as that.
- Here's another picture of Henry at the Superbowl, looking like he needs another drink.
- Henry doesn't look his best these days, does he?
- It's tough being in the closet.
- Henry is starting to wear his hair like someone who is trying to cover up a receding hairline.
- R161, the webmaster closed a couple of Henry threads a few weeks back which caused the drop off in postings about him.
- I wonder if she uses a strap on with him
- He's not gay.
- Yes, he is gay.
- He's as gay as gay can be.
- Ruh roh! Henry is balding.
- [quote]the webmaster closed a couple of Henry threads a few weeks back
Disgraceful. Threads should not be censored like that.
But perhaps it means Henry's PR team was getting nervous.
I totally agree with you
- I understand the risks these men are putting themselves under by coming out of the closet, but it's getting really tedious with 80% of Hollywood men being something other than straight yet all of them parading around women like they're ladies men. It's tedious and it's annoying because we all know the truth and anyone in the know, knows the overwhelming majority of these men fuck or have fucked other men. Yet we are forced to deal with these fake appearance and heteronormativity.
Hollywood, Music Industry, Sports World, Politics. Four of the most fundamental parts of American society, and all four have an incredible amount of closeted behavior with precious few mainstream out openly gay persons at the peak or reaching the peak of their careers. What better way to promote the idea being gay is shameful! I have absolutely ZERO respect for the closet in these cases and those who perpetuate the mentality homosexuality should be kept hidden, like Harry Cavill is. They don't care about the community at all.
- R177, with regard to Henry Cavill, I didn't used to be bothered with him staying in the closet when he was basically just not saying he was gay. What I'm bothered by now is that he has taken it up a level to now actively bearding because the studio expects him to appear heterosexual for the Superman films. I don't expect him to reveal he is gay, but when he participates in a fake engagement and parades a girlfriend around, that turns me off.
- I agree R178 (and I called Henry "Harry" above by accident, mind blip). But with Henry Cavill, and others like him, it's like, first of all, don't drag women into your lies. I know that there are professional beards out there, but have some self-respect and dignity. You can be glass closeted, like Anderson was. You don't have to LIE about it. Being private about being gay is one thing but to lie is to say you're sexuality is a hindrance. To lie is to say you're not proud of your orientation. And that your orientation is little more than an accessory in your life you don't want to deal with.
It's things like that which are send out the WORST image to LGBTQ teens and tweens. That you can't be successful if you're not straight and that you're less of a man if you're gay. Honestly, for as "liberal" as Hollywood is purported, the blatant silence regarding all things gay, the parading girlfriends around when you're gay and the actors proclaiming to be straight when they're not, and lack of support for out LGBTQ actors and LGBTQ movies has done a ton of damage to the reputation of our community when Hollywood has the people and the power to make a difference. I can't watch Henry Cavill's movies knowing he's bearding like this, and has simply said yes to the discriminatory DADT policy in place in Hollywood, instead of having some integrity.
- R179, the difference between now and when Henry was on "The Tudors" was that in those days he would still go to gay bars with guys and wasn't introducing fake girlfriends to the public. He would sometimes say he liked women in interviews when he was asked, but his answers would usually be vague.
But now that he is moving from t.v. into a major film series, he has taken more active steps to introduce fake girlfriends in public and participate in things like the brief 'engagement' at the time the studio announced him as Superman.
- [quote]The photo of Henry at [R100] looks like it may have been taken at East/West Lounge in West Hollywood. It's a gay bar that recently closed.
Can anyone else confirm?
Bingo! Well spotted. You can see "West" written on the menu in one of the pics (I forget which) and the exact striped banquet in the R101 photo appears in a pic in this girl's blog post of the place.
Oh Henry, Henry. I must say, that beard looks like his mother. So I guess this is bearding in an English way! However, judging by the recent pics, he isn't aging particularly well himself. So I'm happy for him that the Supertanker came in now to provide him with at least a bit of a retirement fund.
- Showjumper fiancee? Was he by chance engaged to Tom Selleck`s daughter?
- She wish she was Tom Selleck's daughter. Perhaps, she would have fared better in the looks department.
- [quote]the difference between now and when Henry was on "The Tudors" was that in those days he would still go to gay bars with guys and wasn't introducing fake girlfriends to the public.[/quote]
I totally believe Henry is gay, but what I don't get is how he was able to get to US gay clubs, when he was filming in Ireland.
Sure, filming ended for six months, but I thought he lived in Ireland. Heck, I know it's possible, but it adds a little something, when he makes the hike over the pond for a special trip to US to hang out in gay bars.
- No, I don't think Henry lived in Ireland when he wasn't making The Tudors, R184. Remember that he got parts in other movies and t.v. shows in between seasons of The Tudors and often spent time in the U.S. or back in Jersey, Channel Islands.
Many actors spend several months a year in more than one country.
- R181, just to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, is it possible that Henry is a gay friendly straight guy? Could that be the reason that he was in gay bars like East/West Lounge in West Hollywood in those days?
- I thought he worked as a bartender in LA before and between acting gigs.
- I'll admit that it bugs me that Anderson and Jodie were in the glass closet, but at least they didn't beard. That REALLY bugs me. Now, seeing formerly openly gay guys like Luke and Henry bearding me up, that's even MORE offensive.
- Were Henry and Luke totally open before though, R188?
- Luke definitely was (plenty of interviews demonstrate that). Henry appears to have been personally, if not professionally.
- Henry being openly-gay appears to be completely incompatible with the image of a masculine, heterosexual superhero for a straight guy audience.
- It's funny that posters are picking up on the odd. Henry and his beard split up and didn't walk with each other in the terminal. Yet, they had no problem posing for the camera, if they knew the camera was on them. I guess they thought they were off the clock.
Just read some of the comments.
- Ruh roh, Raggy! Henry is starting to cover up that balding head. Even the linebacker seems mesmerized.
- She has a Zeta-Jones quality to her.
- R193, Henry is a tacky dresser for sure and both have poor taste in shoes.
Gina's feet are too big for her stick-ins, and Henry can't stop loving brown shoes. Yuck.
At first, I was like WTF, but I can see it a little bit.
- They don't look close in the photos at R193. They certainly aren't doing much touching or in close proximity.
- Let's be brutally honest. Henry isn't going to be an A-List star. He's starred in a succession of movies the past few years and none of them were blockbusters, most barely broke even. There is little buzz about him. For years, he kept his private life private. That really is what generates buzz about celebrities. Now in the past few years as he's moved into movies seriously his private life has become public. I think it's too little, too late. Still, I really don't know what the reasons are he has connected with audiences. He might be too good-looking and too well-mannered. Maybe people want an edge.
- [quote]his private life has become public. I think it's too little, too late.
What's too little, too late? The chances for a big career, or for his private life to be successful?
- R198 It's too late to get people interested in him by using his personal life.
- R199, I think it's less about trying to get people 'interested' in him and more about trying to portray him as heterosexual rather than gay.
- R199, that's it.
Henry already got some fans believing Gina's shacking up with him.
It's funny, because people have been predicting for a long time that he would pull this bearding move.
- [quote]Henry already got some fans believing Gina's shacking up with him.
- Well, some fangurls. Most of us realize that Henry is trying to pull one over and it's not working.
Just come out. Have some balls, dammit.
- R203, if he is gay I don't think he can come out for at least a couple of years until the Superman films are done. The audience for those films is predominantly straight guys and they expect Superman to be heterosexual.
- But he's not Superman.
- Come on, R205 - he's PLAYING Superman. It's basically the same thing. Even though the younger generation is more pro-gay today, they still aren't ready for an openly-gay actor to play Superman.
- r206, how do we know? We won't know until somebody has the balls to do it.
[quote]We won't know until somebody has the balls to do it.[/quote]
Let me answer. Henry does not have the balls. Plus, I think it will take more than a career for him to break out with the news. Doesn't it take losing a love or something?
I think that's why Frank Ocean did it, and the reason why Richard Jefferson called off his wedding and then took off to Paris with Luke Walton.
So far, it appears Luke Evans is okay with what Henry is doing, since it appears he set up Henry with Gina.
- [quote]So far, it appears Luke Evans is okay with what Henry is doing
Well, considering that Luke basically went back into the closet himself, it's not that surprising is it?
- Well, the two Henry and Luke will be at the BAFTA together. It'll be interesting to see them together.
- Luke "set up" Gina and Henry? If that's the story then they're either playing us for fools or in on the joke.
- [quote]Henry and Luke will be at the BAFTA together
- Henry and Gina at the BAFTAS. She didnt attend the pre-BAFTA party last night with him.
- They look so in love!
Rock Hudson and Phyllis Gates
- Isn't it nice to know that things haven't changed in 60 years, Rock and Phyllis?
- She's so... big.
- I just don't know what to think about these two.
- Wow. She's clearly a dyke, he's a homosexual, and no one's buying it. Isn't this supposed to be 2013?
- I love the expression on their faces... like they're in on the joke.
Whatever. I still loves me some Henry.
- Spock is played by a gay man. The comic geeks are all for gay characters vthey even play as female characters in video games.
Yeah, but Spock isn't marketed as a heartthrob to the teen girls, nor is he the leading superhero young boys look up to. Had Chris Pine (on the other hand) been an openly gay man, then the same scenario as Cavill’s would possibly apply.
I'm not saying that it's right on behalf of these actors, but there's reasoning as to why the leading men of a comic franchises remain closeted.
- Well, we don't know for sure, R218, but it's certainly raising some red flags.
- Is Henry Cavill Gay?
FEBRUARY 7, 2011
[quote]Henry Cavill is very fond of the boys and I think most in the industry here know that he prefers that team. Nonetheless, he hopes to develop his career much more broadly in the good old USA and he will not, as you say, come out any time soon. The pressures are enormous to hide his homosexuality. Agents, studios and all will see to it that this hunk has a babe by his side when in public and his private life will be closely monitored‚ same way as it has been forever in Hollywood for leading men who are gay; $$$$rules and the studios don't think the public will accept openly gay leading men. Only Henry can put a stop to it and the pressures are great to see that he doesn't if he wants to be a leading man in the movies. Same sad old story.
- [quote]Let's be brutally honest. Henry isn't going to be an A-List star. He's starred in a succession of movies the past few years and none of them were blockbusters, most barely broke even. There is little buzz about him.
Exactly. He can't act worth shit and almost all of his movies have bombed. And there's little buzz about him because he's so dull and boring.
[quote]It's too late to get people interested in him by using his personal life.
Especially when everyone except delusional fangirls know damn well that this butch "girlfriend" is nothing more than a PR arrangement.
I'm so sick of all these closet cases who resort to bearding. I can tolerate if a closet case refuses to come out but also refuses to beard, but I REFUSE to support someone who flat out denies being gay and also resorts to this bearding bullshit because there's no worse way to make being gay look like it's something to be ashamed of than doing this kind of shit. What kind of message is that sending to the younger ones? That they should be ashamed of themselves and pretend to be something they're not to please the straights? Pathetic.
Oh well, I won't be supporting him. Just another sellout.
- R223 I actually remember reading that comment in the comments section on Perez Hilton way back in 2008 underneath an article on him. Looks like that person knew EXACTLY what would end up happening.
- Do those kind of people have any self-respect?
- [quote[Do those kind of people have any self-respect?
Nope, and it's disgusting to watch. Celebs have a platform to make a difference or at least have a voice that can be heard, but instead they stay silent and pretend to be someone they're not all because they're greedy asses care more about money.
This shit will never change if we don't call these asshole out.
- The media will never call them out.
- Do you think we should start a "Man of Steel" boycott movement here on DL? We can make it known that we disapprove of his closeted state and his bearding and will urge others to boycott the Superman film and his other films because of this. Shall we start a boycott thread?
- JPF, unclutch those pearls, Mary.
So Henry doesn't want to come out. BFD. He doesn't owe you anything but a good performance, if you choose to spend your money on his films. He didn't make these rules. If he was out then he wouldn't have been cast as Superman. You know that.
- A DL boycott will go nowhere, we aren't that important. Also there is no real proof he is gay to actually give it legs.
Bitch about closet cases all you want, it does help spread the gossip and general awareness among the internet savvy but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
- LOL, r230 is exactly why you fellows will never be able to pass a pissant anti-discrimination bill in city council.
- I think even Tony Kushner would draw the line at comparing an entertainer who is privately gay and a public figure who uses his platform to condemn homosexuality, r232.
But by all means, feel free to fill up this thread with evidence of your idiocy.
- I doubt it; celebrities are more powerful than politicians when it comes to American culture, Uncle Tom.
- He's adorable! Leave him alone, bitches!
- Oh Lord, this is the kind of jumbled thinking that you get when someone who watches "Bravo" all day attempts "Angels in America."
- I partially agre with r234: I honestly believe that part of the reason people have become more comfortable with same sex marriage is by seeing couples such as Ellen/Portia and NPH/David in the media. Certainly knowing gay people in one's own personal lives has helped more, but these out celebrities have also done a considerable amount, too.
But there are still people condemning us and there are still gay people getting killed as a result (by others' hands or their own) and when a celebrity pulls shit like this, I'm sorry, they are just as responsible as a politician who legislates against us.
- Heee. Keep talking, Gramps.
- No they aren't R237. They are cowards who want to make money sure. But they aren't actively and directly working against our rights.
If you can't see the difference there...wow.
- r239, are you not familiar with the term "Uncle Tom"? Celebrities like Henry Cavill and Luke Evans are gay versions of that and they deserve to be called out.
- In their own special way, they truly are actively and directly working against your rights.
- R241, just stop. I'm embarrassed for both of us.
- ... so passive.
- [quote]I actually remember reading that comment in the comments section on Perez Hilton way back in 2008 underneath an article on him. Looks like that person knew EXACTLY what would end up happening.
The comment I posted from the link at R223 was very accurate in its foreshadowing, wasn't it, R225?
- Why do people here think Gina is a lesbian? Because she doesn't look like a think Hollywood actress or is it her former profession? Love the stereotypes.
- I don't see what Gina's sexuality has got to do with Henry. He's gay, and she's his beard. Whether or not she's bi, lesbian, straight, whatever.. it really doesn't matter.
Oh, and Henry looks completely dead behind the eyes in the pic at R216. He doesn't look happy at all.
- Little Henry, happy at last.
- R247, it says Forbidden Link - did anyone else get that when they clicked on it?
- Let's try this instead, R248.
- They don't look very happy there.
- She looks like a raging lesbian.
- [quote]I don't see what Gina's sexuality has got to do with Henry. He's gay, and she's his beard. Whether or not she's bi, lesbian, straight, whatever.. it really doesn't matter.
Of course it matters. Because if Gina is a lesbian it makes the likelihood of Henry being gay even higher. Remember, while we have our suspicions that Henry is gay, we don't know 100%. This would make it a near certainty.
- I know it's stupid to interpret his situation from a single photograph, but that photo @ R249 really makes me feel for Henry - if he is indeed gay. Maybe he has a fella he wishes he could take out to these things. Hollywood is such an awful place for gay people.
Granted I don't know what his situation is, maybe he's bi or straight and actually dating her. You know there must be a lot of whispers and raised eyebrows when they're out and about. It'd be stressful even if it is a legit relationship.
- The photo at R249 looks as if Henry is very unhappy and as if they are being forced to hold hands and he is dragging her along. They don't look very close or natural or symbiotic. She is stopped and looking down at her dress, he is looking off into the distance and mechanically dragging her along without making eye contact.
- I'm a straight woman who wishes it weren't the case but he pings to high heaven to me...not that in reality it matters but as a movie star fantasy it would help if he were straight...goddamn gays have all the fun.
- Lesbians, please weigh in: does Gina ping to you ?
- Yeah... real fun, R255. Real fun.
People like you are responsible for this.
- From imdb:
I have it on very good authority that this IS a PR relationship. Nobody has cheated on anyone considering him and Ellen were fake also! On his own nobody was interested in him he wasn't getting enough column inches, so what was a studio to do? yes, pair him up with WB's choice for Wonder Woman because that is what the public are interested, women like her because she is average and flabby, men like her because they have a fetish for masculine women, so it is a win/win situation. They want them both well liked so that Justice league will happen with the two of them in it, after all we know how much a movie with a couple in will do, very well.
FluffyTufty: is that auhority Datalounge?
No way! That place is nuts, and Henry isn't gay.
So how do you know it's PR? Do you have contact with him, his family, friends, his managment?
If he isn't gay why would he be faking the relationship with Ellen?
- Wow, the DL has such a notorious reputation. I'm somewhat embarrassed I post here.
- Interesting, r259. It makes me proud that I post here!
- R259.. then go back to TWOP or ONTD or whatever frau haven you came from and leave us alone.
- At Heathrow. What are tyour thoughts of his butt in jeans?
- By the looks of that hole, she must've gotten hungry on the plane.
- Henry looked so dashing last night.
Henry's publicist, if you are reading this, for God's sake get Gina a better stylist. Seriously, WTF do you expect people to think when they see this. She looks like she's ready to beat him up.
I would suggest a smart pantsuit in soft colors with lots of jewelry. If she has to wear a gown, for God's sake, something with an empire waist.
- So dashing... so f'in dashing...
I need to see him in Regency costume before I die. And Victorian. And Edwardian. And 1940s.
- Wow. You can tell Henry has lost a lot of hair in R265's photo. Does he have a weave in there too? Maybe he can borrow some from Gina's back and knuckles.
- What's with the former fighter wrestler as a beard? First Stacy Keibler, now this girl. At least Stacy is more believable.
- I wonder how long this will go on?
- At R262, do you think he's just wearing loose jeans or that his butt is flatter than it used to be? Just a few months ago it looked its full bubble shape.
- R269, most actors lose some muscle after they stop heavy workouts for action roles. Henry's butt will most likely lose some of its muscle mass now that he is in between films.
- R270, I though his butt shape was more fat than muscle though.
- Lesbians, please weigh in: does Gina ping to you ?
- Does she ping? yes
- she pings just a tiny bit
- how about this one?
- He should've married his ex-fiancee Jillian Michaels. She was more believable as "straight".
- To play Devil's Advocate for a moment, could it be argued that if Henry wanted to find a beard and cover up the fact that he is gay, wouldn't he have gone for a more traditionally feminine girlfriend instead? Does the fact that he is not afraid to have masculine girlfriends show that maybe he is heterosexual afterall?
- I know nothing about this guy, but if he dated Jillian Michaels, case closed, that's some obvious bearding.
I usually take DLers gaydar with a pinch of salt, especially if the guy is good looking and British (they all seem gay), but her pussy is a no-dick fly zone.
- Henry Cavill greets fans @ Chateau Marmont in West Hollywood!
- He's handsome and patient with the fans. I don't like the beige sweater, though
- It looks like he has a shy side to him, R281. And amongst all the fangirls, do I detect a couple of gay guys there getting their stuff signed as well?
- Henry's delicate flower.
- So what was the deal between Jillian Michaels and Henry?
- He's so sweet in that video.
I won't deny it'd be something like a dream if a handsome, masculine star like Henry were to come out publicly after having successfully played Superman... it won't happen of course, and he might not even be gay, but it's a nice idea. There will be an out leading man someday.
- I am so confused on Henry dating Gina Carano.
wtf?? Isn't Gina a lezzie?
- [quote]I know it's stupid to interpret his situation from a single photograph, but that photo @ [R249] really makes me feel for Henry - if he is indeed gay.
I don't feel sorry for him one bit. He's a grown man who made the decision to agree to this charade all for the sake of fame, so if he's miserable then too fucking bad.
It's 2013 and I'm done empathizing with these wimps. It's one thing to be closeted as a teenager or even in your early 20's, but after 25, you need to grow a pair and quit worrying what others think. So tired of all these wimps.
- [quote]Wow. You can tell Henry has lost a lot of hair in [R265]'s photo. Does he have a weave in there too? Maybe he can borrow some from Gina's back and knuckles.
LMFAO! Yes, his hairline is receding rapidly. He'll be looking like Jude Law in a few years.
- R288, you are right that Henry Cavill is not a young guy like Taylor Lautner. Henry turns 30 this Spring.
Grow up, Henry. Time to come out of the closet.
- Will someone post that special picture of Gina kissing a chick?
- Here are some nipple tweaks.
- Gina with a stud.
- Here's Gina going in...
- I wonder if Henry and Gina know that those photos are out there?
- I know Henry knows his photos are or "were" out there. Once he got MOS, the photos disappeared from their original source.
(Little does he know or he may know that they are still there, because once it hits the net, it lives forever)
In this article, he kind of hints about his lifestyle, a bit, because at the time he was out in the clubs.
Basically, the interviewer asked him what pleases women about his character on The Tudors. He said nudity with a slight smile, and then he adds and don't forget the boys.
- Here's Henry working it.
- Younger Henry.
- Yep, if I saw R300 photo pr even R299, I would think he was gay.
Ugh, I hate when he wears his hair straight. On that pic, he looks a bit like Eddie Munster.
- Seriously, Lainey readers, do you think she is a paid propagandist?
I have long read her blog and enjoy her writing style enough. Always been amazed though how off her gaydar is. She seems to be clueless about how many A-list men are closeted. To her, it's like Travolta and that's it.
But in the past year or so I've seen a lot of this (see attached link)
Gina & Henry Oscar Week
I mean posts that are timed and carefully messaged to make it clear that a particular actor is straight, and these are all actors with major gay rumors. She does it with Gyllenhaal, Renner, and now Cavill.
If I were a celebrity publicist for a closeted A-list male client, the best use of my PR time and money (after trolling gossip threads with "_____ is straight! I know his sister's mailman!" comments) would be to pay a trusted, prominent gossip blogger to speak the word like it's coming from the bible. And Lainey would be my top choice.
Is all gossip tainted now?
Sorry to jump into this thread on this - I'm not a member or I'd start another thread - Is All Internet Gossip Tainted with Publicist Money and Manipulation?
- Who the fuck is styling her? The poor girl. Seriously, her hands are BIGGER than his. The last thing you want to do is draw attention to them with a clutch.
She needs to be draped in fabric, not wrapped up in skin-tight black gowns made for size 0 models.
Maybe something with a bolero jacket, or even a cape.
- Henry is really pouting in the younger photo at R299. He could be a gay porn twink.
- Portrait of the Gay as a Young Twink
- Nope, R299 photo listed on R304 is THE portrait of a gay porn twink/young twink.
Henry and Gina are on the clock, working it as a couple and fooling none.
Here's the Jared link:
- Fuck, they should've cast the fiancee as Superman. She's so butch!
She's not the fiance; she's just the filler in the space of a beard.
- Does his beard has something in her pants?
- Hmm... don't know.
Making the rounds with the beard.
- not sure if this is a serious relationship but I just hope he do not rush into anything. He is still young and yes, she needs to do something with her clothing style. I just don't get it why she has to be showing legs all the time and dresses so tight!! and her hair all the time on one side!
- Wrong, wrong, wrong!
She needs to ACCENTUATE the bust, not smother them to death. If she wants to wear something tight-fighting, it needs to have a pattern. And where the fuck is her jewelry? Can someone email this to her publicist?
The royal blue, at least, works well.
- Henry doesn't look that happy.
- R298, here is what Henry said in response to the question being asked. Not sure exactly what it means.
[quote]How do you explain the numerous compilations with the craziest titles devoted to him on YouTube?
[quote]"Nudity, of course," he responds with a small half smile, before smiling even more, evoking an aspect about him that I had certainly not noticed before. "And don't forget the boys…
- I linked that article. What straight man says, "don't forget the boys?"
Let's no forget the Youtube video of Henry blushing, when the director of Man of Steel said that there were many men in the audience who would want to sleep with Henry.
- R315, when Henry was talking about 'the boys', he may have been referring to the male friends of Henry VIII (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) on the show that were popular in the first season.
And wouldn't a lot of straight celebrities be flattered when told that men find them attractive too? A lot of them are cool with it today when asked.
- No, read the article.
He was not talking about the male cast members. Henry was clearly countering the reporter, when s/he was neglecting the "boys".
- R317, why would Henry risk outing himself? It doesn't make sense.
- I don't think he knows he was; he was just in a peculiar mood, as the reporter had noted.
- Here's what he said:
[quote]How do you explain the numerous compilations with the craziest titles devoted to him on YouTube?
"Nudity, of course," he responds with a small half smile, before smiling even more, evoking an aspect about him that I had certainly not noticed before. "And don't forget the boys…[/quote]
- The box in quotations was the question asked of Henry of his character in the Tudors.
How do you explain the numerous compilations with the craziest titles devoted to him (Charles) on Youtube?
Nudity, of course," he responds with a small half smile, before smiling even more, evoking an aspect about him that I had certainly not noticed before. "And don't forget the boys" (liking his character's nudity; the reporter only mentioned the women)
- r318, when one is new at the game, there's likely to be slip-ups.
- [quote]evoking an aspect about him that I had certainly not noticed before.
Is this the reporter's way of hinting that Henry is gay? By referring to this 'aspect' of Henry?
- Hmmm.. when he refers to men as boys. That could be a big hint, especially since the reporter refer to "women" fans.
If the reporter had said, "girl" fans, then I could see Henry saying, boys.
- What do you mean, R324?
- Just saying that a straight man usually doesn't say, "what about the boys?" when talking about titillating his fans.
- What his butt looking like lately? That's all that matters other than his gorgeous face and beautiful hairy chest.
- [quote]What his butt looking like lately?
I don't think he's shown it since "The Tudors".
- Wouldn't it be nice if Henry and Bradley Cooper fell in love?
- Why those two, R329?
- Yeah, why those two, there is nothing sparking off, if you ask me.
- What Henry has learned to love about himself?
What's he trying to tell us?
I mean he can't be anymore obvious.
- I just want to point out that 9 out of 10 times he is pictured with Gina there is a gap between them. Sometimes it is bigger then the state of Mississippi and sometimes it is a bit smaller. The way you carry yourself speaks more then your actual words, this basically tells a story. They aren't that close, or rather as close as a dating couple should be. Henry also never looks at Gina. Take Channing and Jenna, Channing always is caught looking at Jenna... always; by no fault of his own. Henry and Gina I fully believe are not really dating. They are Bearding/Lipstick(ing) and it is clear by their bodies.
- R332, Henry wants to ride a unicorn. Ride its head.
R333, I heard Gina was snapped hanging all over another dude.
I guess she thought bearding wasn't a full time gig.
- I'm surprised it was with another dude.
Henry and Gina just always seemed like two friends hanging out to me.
I don't even know he tries. It's like a three ring circus, which he can't control the moving parts.
I don't even know why he even tries. It's like a three ring circus, which he can't control the moving parts.
- Starting with the very brief engagement last year, Henry has certainly had a rather odd personal life as of late.
- This has been a very interesting thread to read. And yes, page 6 of this thread is revealing. But I would like to ask those of you who are being too harsh and judgmental against Henry for his 'business decision', to keep in mind that more often than not, it's really not so much of a choice to beard. He either does it, or he stays on tv, model, or be a bartender.
If you want to punish Henry and actors like him in his situation, by "boycotting" his film because he's not living his life the way YOU want him to, think about how not supporting him is only going to keep bearding and staying in the closet all the more expected. Either actors who are suspected of being gay are ignored all together, because of the trouble of bearding them, and they are not hired. Or confirmed straight actors only will be sought out for such roles.
Maybe Henry and others like him do support 'the community' in ways you have no way of knowing. I think this kid has dropped enough clues about who he is and he is contractually obligated to present himself in a certain way in public per the requirements of the film studio. this is a business, and homophobia is still rampant in this pathetic country. Hell, DOMA was just destroyed yesterday... progress takes time. And maybe one day, an actor of Henry's profile, if not himself, will come out, but under their terms and when the time is right for them.
BTW, Henry is on track to be an A-list star, and at IMDB, he's been the #1 celebrity for the past few weeks.
- Well said, R340! And on that note...
Call me Henry! We can get married in LA now! Does next June work for you?
- [quote]He would say in interviews (some linked above) that he liked girls etc.
Obviously "girls" is British slang for "cock," right?
Learn something new every day.
- R340 makes some great points, Sure, in a perfect world we'd all know Superman, Wolverine and Lex Luthor are gay.
Well, we know one of the Lex's is.
If you could have a high paying job but it was dependent on staying in the closet, who's to say they wouldn't do it?
- [quote] Don't know, but his gayness was slipping out back then even during acting!
Slipping? Shit, that gayness was sashaying!
I need to sell swampland and the Brooklyn Bridge to anyone in denial about this one.
- It's one thing to try to be closeted when you're very famous, the shocking part is the fact that people can still get away with it when technology is all around us and a quick search will bring up pictures like the ones posted in this thread.
I mean do you actually have to see a picture of a dick in the guy's mouth(yeah, I know you really want to) before you believe he's gay?
The body language in some of the pics aren't enough for people? I imagine they'll just say "Well, he's British and all of those European guys are touchy-feely with each other!"
- [quote]BTW, Henry is on track to be an A-list star, and at IMDB, he's been the #1 celebrity for the past few weeks.
Then he better get used to having his private life being examined under a microscope. When you sign up for the fame game, this is part of the package.
I hope the fame and money are worth it because being in the closet and pretending to be straight takes it's toll on a person sooner or later.
- Henry is a very sexy homosexual,
Are there any nude photos of Henry, especially presenting hole?
- I'm not so sure he has staying power. He's the new hot thing. He's a pretty face, but the face better stay pretty because the acting is not that great.
He'll have his hardcore fans, but I see him ending up like a Sam Worthington or Gerard Butler.
- How big is Gina's strap-on? Is 'enry a size queen?
- [quote]I'm not so sure he has staying power. He's the new hot thing. He's a pretty face, but the face better stay pretty because the acting is not that great.
Exactly. He's just another Jude Law or Colin Farrell. Irrelevant in 3 years.
- r345 [quote]I mean do you actually have to see a picture of a dick in the guy's mouth(yeah, I know you really want to) before you believe he's gay?
Just because a guy sucks dick, that doesn't mean he's gay.
- Or straight for that matter, R351.
Henry's acting has been consistently outstanding, from his early British work, to The Count of Monte Cristo, to Tristan & Isolde, the Tudors, the Immortals, Man of Steel, and everything in between. In the end, it comes down to a matter of opinion, but he definitely has a long long long (ahem) career ahead of him. Long. Thick. Hard.
Love, love, love Henry. Mmmmmm.
- R352 = Delusional IMDB fangurl
- [R352] He's only straight in your dreams darling. You can love him, but you will never have him.
- [quote]I mean do you actually have to see a picture of a dick in the guy's mouth(yeah, I know you really want to) before you believe he's gay?
- [quote]I mean do you actually have to see a picture of a dick in the guy's mouth(yeah, I know you really want to) before you believe he's gay?
And R355, that's YOUR HOLY ROYAL HIGHNESS FANGURL to you, bitch!
- [quote]I think this kid has dropped enough clues about who he is
In what way, R340?
- R357 read this entire thread for starters, I'm not going to hold your hand. Also, do a search for Cavill here on DL.
Some people choose to keep the blinders on.
- [quote]Don't know, but his gayness was slipping out back then even during acting!
Why, whatever do you mean???
- Henry's reaction to 'wikipedia' is very cute.
- [quote]Just because a guy sucks dick, that doesn't mean he's gay.
I think that's how the log cabinettes try to gain acceptance with the rest of the GOP.
- Here is the interview that GIF in r360 was taken from.
- Oh that clip.
- Thanks R362! I love his voice, it got so high pitch when he sweetly scolded that guy for using wikipedia for his source of information. :)
tsk tsk tsk
- [quote]tsk tsk tsk
More like "ping ping ping."
- Poor,poor Henry...
- Ridiculous casting a gay man as Superman, of course it will come out to haunt him and the movie franchise. Henry is stupid for acting like he isn't gay when all of Hollywood knows he is.
- I have to say that Wikipedia is correct: Theseus was the son of Poseidon, so he was definitely a demigod (sorry Henry). However, I believe that the character was mortal in Immortals (Henry's 2011 movie).
As for calling the casting of a gay man as Superman being "ridiculous," that statement itself is ridiculous. So gay men should only portray gay characters? It's called "acting" for a reason, you douche. The only damage to Henry or to the franchise exists in your own twisted mind, and other small-minded jerks like you. Grow up.
- I think casting an openly gay man as Superman would be one of the greatest coups for gay culture ever. That's why I'm sad that neither Brandon Routh nor Henry Cavill have come out.
- He's so high profile now, so will they just bring him rent boys?
- Oh why,oh WHY doesn't he DO it for me!?
- ^ 'cuz you're a self-loathin' blind whore, darlin'.
He might as chill now that MOS is going out with a whimper instead of acting all fake at the airport, as if he is some big star, with the phone propped on the ear, ignoring the fans.
- I don't think he's gay. I think he is heterosexual.
- I don't think he's gay either; I think he's playing heterosexual.
- The pic at r98 is the least flattering Henry pic ever. Don't do the long hair! There's other long hair pics that aren't so great.
His career progression is strange.. he had already appeared in movies before the move to "network" in Hollywood as a waiter, but was certainly unknown and anonymous. I think including the one with a pre-fame or less well known James Franco. Then he ended up with The Tudors gig which I believe was a part American production.
There's even an early awkward British TV interview on youtube. Even if he looks older than his age, he looks way better than the baby faced twink years and it suits him more. The gayface has gone down considerably, didn't look good on him.
Brandon Routh and Christopher Reeve had gay roles directly after Superman, let's hope Henry is next!
- R359, are you saying that clip is proof of something?
- R373 enough! The man was on the phone while inside the car, and as he got out, he was still having a conversation! It's none of your goddamn business! He could have been speaking with his mother, or his agent about his next job... or a lover! Only a fool, like you, would expect him to hang up from his call and talk to a horde of strangers! He gives so much of himself to fans already, cut him some slack.
You fucking rude idiot!
- Definition of stan - r379.
- R379 = The reason he's pretending to be on the phone.
And needs the bodyguard.
- Maybe Jared Padalecki will lend Henry his bodyguard, r381.
Clif doesn't have enough to do and could use the extra cash, I expect.
And he'd love Henry's fangurls to add to his growing collection of "Clifhangers."
- What R379 said. Whole-heartedly and emphatically seconded.
For those boobs who claim Man of Steel is a failure, you're making idiots of yourselves. It has already surpassed Star Trek Into Darkness and The Great Gatsby on the 2013 rankings chart. Next up are Fast & Furious 6, Oz The Great and Powerful, and Iron Man 3. I see no problems there; MoS is on it's way to become #1 very soon. Bing is your friend, lazy haters. But I've provided the link to make it easy for you to follow the progress.
Henry is here to stay. For a very very long time. Now begone! Before someone drops a house on you, too.
- I don't have a horse in this race, but one hit doesn't ensure career longevity.
- ^Pffft. Shelley, honey, you're no Henry Cavill.
- [quote]I don't have a horse in this race, but one hit doesn't ensure career longevity.
Even more than one hit doesn't guarantee it.
- ^ Shia, that's because your looks (and acting) are way more like Shelley's than Henry's. Next.
- You know, I look at that list of top grossing movies and I'm just reminded of the bad taste of millions of people. I mean not everything has to be some avant-garde film out of the former Soviet Union, but my God, the fact that there's a Fast & Furious *6* or a "Hangover 3" is so disheartening.
- He'll end up with a career like Jude Law's, but will be much wealthier.
- It's funny how Henry's gay friends are saying Henry is not gay. Hypocrites. Is that why they posted all those gay pictures on facebook and then took them down? Too bad their are still some gay ones still on the web.
- I have looked at those pictures and Henry is gay. A straight man doesn't hang out with all gays and in gay bars. He dated Corey for a long time. Let's get real.
- Where's Corey these days?
- I really havent followed Henry Cavill until these threads started popping up here, but goddamn he is beautiful. His eyes are like hypnotizing. I would probably pass out if I met him in person.
- Same here, sans the passing out.
I still won't go see "Superman" because it's not my thing, but I enjoy looking at him. Never saw "The Tudors," but I don't think he would've done it for me then because I prefer late 20s/30s.
- I remember Corey from The Journey of Jared Price lol
his blog is still up, however it has been abandoned for a long time.
There are some pics left of Henry, but nothing too incriminating.
- This is my favorite picture of Corey...because Cavill looks adorable.
- ^You have to be truly delusional to look at that pic and think the man isn't gay.
- Seriously gay!
- r396, is that Brigitte Nielsen cupping Corey's face?
- Even the water is gay in that photo.
- Now more than ever I think Franco fucked Cavill's hole. Henry seems like a total slut!
- I thought there was a wedding going on because I heard bells, then I realized it was the picture.
Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping! Ping!
- I've never heard of Corey Spears, so when I googled, I came across the "celebitchy" blog with a story about Cavill and an interview he did which included the cliched "What do you like in a woman?" bullshit. The comments by a lot of the women tell me they're not falling for hetero Henry either.
They think he's gorgeous, but they know. Plus, the interview they're talking about makes him sound like some of our more misogynistic DLers.
- Corey Died.
Aids will get every gay in the end.
- Corey is a pocket gay. Who knew?
- R384 You tell 'em Shelley!
- r404, just wait for the next AIDS
- Be easy on him it's old news besides he's "superman"
(AND SUPER SEXY)
- HENRY YOU CAN MARRY ME "you be my honeysuckle I'll be your honeybee"
P.S. WHERE IS THIS HE'S GAY STUFF COMING FROM LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!
- Wow. R408/R409 needs to be schooled immediately.
- HOW DARE YOU say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- R410: I think it's doing an impression of a fangurl, right down to the semi-literacy.
At least, I hope.
- Delusional fangurls:
[quote]People get in an uproar over some pics of him with Corey Spears. But during the time that he and Corey were friends, Corey had a serious boyfriend. There are pics of Henry with each of them. I think they were just having fun and mugging for the camera. HC might be gay or bi, but I don’t think he was ever intimate like that with Corey.
[quote]Corey himself has said that HC is not gay, but very supportive of the gay community. Corey is a gay rights activist so I really don’t see him as being part of a closet case cover up. Corey and HC are still friends as there is video of Corey at the Immortals premiere and they hugged like old friends.
(Yeah, I guess that's why other pictures have suddenly disappeared)
- Gay activist of all people who have a friend in the business who is in the closet, know why that friend is in the closet, and will protect that friend by request.
Corey's comments about Cavill not being gay is a falsehood to protect his friend.
- Sorry, but if I had a closeted friend, they're on their own when it comes to lying. I wouldn't out them, but I'm not going to lie and say they're straight when I know they aren't. I would simply say, "That's something you'd have to ask them," and if the friend wanted to lie, then fine. But I refuse to take part in that nonsense.
- Is Henry a pitcher or a catcher?
- More importantly, is he uncut?
- He's English, R417, so of course he is.
- R416 He seems really passive and wimpy in interviews despite the muscles, so would guess catcher.
- [quote]Yeah, I guess that's why other pictures have suddenly disappeared
Which pictures have disappeared?
- Who's the person with the black cap at R396, touching Corey's face? Is it a woman?
- [quote]It's funny how Henry's gay friends are saying Henry is not gay. Hypocrites. Is that why they posted all those gay pictures on facebook and then took them down?
Which gay friends took photos of Henry down? I thought it was just Corey Spears. Are there other gay friends who had photos of Henry?
- They're not "gay" pictures. Stop being so melodramatic Mary-Jane.
- R420/R421/R422 You seem kind of obsessed.
- Is the swimming pool picture with Henry & Corey taken at the Mondrian?
Is that normally a gay resort? That's what I've heard, but I've never been there.
- Gay guys are in them, so they're gay pictures.
- Hardly, R424. I've only posted a few times on the last few pages and am just catching up on asking some questions about the many, many posts other people have made.
- Panti hasn't said anything publically about his sexuality either way.
- When did Henry start hiding his gayness? Before or after the Tudors?
- When the bearding is so blatant, can it really be considered hiding?
- What is bearding?
- A beard is a fake girlfriend.
- [quote]When the bearding is so blatant, can it really be considered hiding?
Remember the majority of the public doesn't see it - they see the PR releases from the studio and the photo-ops with the girlfriend and are none the wiser.
The only people who know are those in the gay community who can pick up the signs and the small group of straight women who are not fooled.
Apparently, the beard has left the building and hooked up with another guy.
National Enquirer reports that their relationship is on the rocks, because Gina wants Henry all to herself. She doesn't want to share him with the world.
- Whoever said MOS is a success, puhleez!
Fanboys are trying to tout it as a success, because it debuted with a roar. Now, it's bleeding at the box office, because word of mouth has spread that the $325 million dollar movie is a turkey.
It's been out for a little over two weeks, and it has made 400 million. Attendance as dropped by 68%, and it will not be rising.
The studio will pull the plug on a sequel if MOS doesn't make a billion, because they expect these big budget flicks to make three times their cost.
That would mean MOS would need to make a $975 million dollars.
- Sorry R435 MoS is a hit and there will be more. I wish I could hug and comfort you now, you must do try to get of the 'it's a flop' bandwagon.
Go outside and enjoy life.
- [quote]National Enquirer reports that their relationship is on the rocks, because Gina wants Henry all to herself. She doesn't want to share him with the world.
Oh for fuck sake. Who comes up with this shit and how are they not embarrassed?
- How convenient, R434! Now that the main promotion is over, said beard has done her duty. I am starting to feel sorry for HC, but that's what you get when fame beckons and you have something to hide.
- I wonder who will be the sacrificial lambs to hide his secret. You know what happens: He'll get caught at a gay club/bar or with a guy by some pap/TMZ and the pr people will have to offer up someone else to silence them.
- I would not be surprised if Henry and Gina have "split", but I don't see that rumor being true at the moment.
He will not have a problem finding another 'girlfriend', who wouldn't want to be associated with him now since he's so popular, and gorgeous to boot.
- Funny how other 'bits' of information appear to miraculously 'filter' through here such as the fact that Corey Spears considers Henry to be family and actually refers to him as his 'son'.Also,one of Corey's acquaintances has made it known that if Henry were gay and given that they tend to move around in the same circles,he would've surely known this closet case 'secret' by now but frankly,hasn't heard anything whatsoever that supports this 'theory' to date.This speculation about Henry and his sexual preferences are just that,speculation.
In fact as an openly gay man myself whose circle of friends consist of both gay and straight males,I find it peculiar that we can't seem to hang out or act silly with our counterparts without the narrow minded folks assuming otherwise.The even bigger travesty being that this 'myth' seems to also perpetuate itself among certain sections of our community.No,I don't want to f**k my straight friends and don't have any desire to do so in the future.I mean if you want to know just how much stereotypes are challenged,one of my straight friends who also happens to be my best friend since junior high and will be soon marrying his girlfriend of 10 years,used to compete in drag queen competitions a few years back and no,he is not one of those 'fem' types either.Anyone who knows him personally knows that he is definitely not gay,hell the dude even banged his gf whilst still kitted out in drag once.
What I'm trying to say is that you can't make these assumptions based on photos that Henry had taken with Corey.Hanging out with gay friends and acting silly be it at a gay club,party etc is not an automatic admission of being gay.It takes a whole lot more than that however if there's anything I've realized over the years is that as long as you are an attractive male who is in the business,these rumors will always be there to the point of people seeing and hearing what they want to,often to the point of projecting whatever it is they so badly want to believe onto the person concerned and voila!
P.S Not all drop dead gorgeous guys swing our way.
- Are they paying you for each time you post that bullshit or is it one flat fee?
- They are just trying to do damage control. Remember when Liberace called Scott his son. Enough said.
- [quote]Funny how other 'bits' of information appear to miraculously 'filter' through here such as the fact that Corey Spears considers Henry to be family and actually refers to him as his 'son'.
How incredibly stupid. His SON?
- His next movie is Man from U.N.C.L.E.
He has destroyed his career by taking roles in blockbuster movies for children/adolescents.
He will be able to take the money, but no adult will ever take him seriously.
Maybe it doesn't matter to him.
- The rest of his brothers aren't so bad either.
Are we sure the second one isn't...?
- Come on now. This is getting ridiculous.
- Who is the midget Morgan Fairchild in the blue disco dress? The brothers are trolls compared to him.
- R435 We all know that, but the fanbois/fangurls refuse to admit it.
R434 I pretty much figured there would be a "split" after promotion was over, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Her job is finished and she's no longer needed.
- LMAO at R447/R449! I never saw those pics before.
No, not gay at all...(rolling eyes).
- What doesn't make sense is why terminate the beard at the time when she's needed most? Gina should have been at the world and subsequent premieres of MOS.
Also, Henry attended a wedding (in Venice Beach, I think) in May and Corey was there too.
- [quote]Also, Henry attended a wedding (in Venice Beach, I think) in May and Corey was there too.
R453 Any recent pics of the two of them together?
- Seriously, R452.
I'm telling you if you put a vagina in the vicinity of those guys, watch 'em scatter.
Poor, poor delusional fangurls.
- I love how it is always the fangurls who are delusional and not the regular DL posters.
There are pics of him with women, but those are widely dismissed on here, but a handful of pics, truly about 10 pics in all of him with Corey and some others is enough to convince most of you he is gay.
I don't really care one way or the other, but I think the evidence that he is gay is just as weak as the evidence he is straight. In the end it is all wishful thinking.
As handsome as he is, I actually kind of find him asexual off screen. He must be a decent actor, as he was quite convincing as the randy Charles Branson, but off the screen he doesn't seem sexual at all
- I've always wondered ... was Jake the top and Henry the bottom? Jake looked very convincing as a bottom in "Brokeback Mountain." Just sayin'...
- this is the only place that I have ever read of the Jake/Henry thing. Does anyone know the origin of this rumor?
- If DL posters are to be believed Jake Gyllenhaal has fucked virtually every man in Hollywood and beyond.Though I certainly wouldn't mind his latest conquest or "beard" Alyssa Miller.I love the rhetoric in that some of you loathe straight guys and our alleged attitudes towards the gay population as per the generalization yet when there are straight guys out there who are by no means narrow and have bromance type friendships with other gay guys they are immediately rendered as also being gay.In the land of the faint hearted they have obviously never heard of metrosexuals and Europeans or even the concept of gay friendly for that matter.Nevertheless these Cavill threads are hilariously entertaining with the back and forth speculation that has become an almost daily ritual on these boards.
- The Cavill family is beautiful. I love dad's rainbow tie, btw; I want one. They also seem to be very down-to-earth people, judging from their modest "homey" home back in Jersey (Channel Islands) that I saw in another pic. I don't blame him one bit for wanting to keep his private life private. Beautiful, kind, AND smart. Now that's the total package.
- Other than the PR/red carpet photos with Gina, are there any photos of Henry with women? Was there a single photo of him and that equestrian woman? I'm thinking no.
- Yes, there are pics of him with a date to the movie Stardust and pics of him with a supposed GF who worked in the fashion industry. There were rumors of him with a brunette chick when he was filming MOS in Vancouver.
- Give it a rest, R463. No one's buying it.
- R464 Exactly. Ricky Martin used to have female "dates" too before he came out.
- Just a date, a supposed girlfriend, a rumor, a questionable engagement, Jillian "an out lesbian" Michaels, and Gina. I wonder why his history with women is so...inconsistent? LOL.
- Get over it, he loves cock.
That doesn't mean every gay guy in the world will get him either, fangurls.
- R466 Don't forget the "fiancé" where there was not one picture of them together ever.
- [quote]National Enquirer reports that their relationship is on the rocks, because Gina wants Henry all to herself. She doesn't want to share him with the world.
It will be embarrassing for Henry if Gina becomes involved in a scandal, considering he claims that she is not only his girlfriend but that he lives with her, yes?
- R469 LOL! Yeah, he claims they live together (rolling eyes). I swear, people don't realize that it's more trouble lying than it is to just tell the truth.
- R452, what's so gay about the guys in those photos? They look like they could be straight frat boys goofing around.
- The entire farce of a relationship is embarrassing.
He's a star now and her services are no longer needed. He's only 30, so he doesn't need a beard. Let all of the little girls dream of landing him.
- R472, he's 30, and that is an age at which many straight guys are married with kids or have visible proof of a long-term relationship.
Henry does not have that yet.
- Enough, R471. You don't even need gaydar for those pics.
- Just trying to look at it objectively from more than one point of view, R474.
- Henry is wearing a Superman shirt at R449. When was that taken?
- I would think that he would need to beard now more than ever because he has become a star. There's going to be far more scrutiny, particularly in regards to his personal life.
- ^ Yeah, R471. Just the imagination of your average basement dweller.
- [quote]Yeah, [R471]. Just the imagination of your average basement dweller.
No, I think basement dwellers are the types of people who already know what a "new" A-list celebrity's childhood home looks like, because that's not creepy... at. all.
- R479 Wins!
- I don't know if Henry Cavill is really gay or not as there seems to be no overwhelming proof that is substantial enough in order to deduce which team or possibly both he may play for.
I do agree with the poster who made mention of those friendly straight men.
Based on personal experience they do exist as i met one long ago who happened to be a graduate student from Northern Ireland in my faculty.Good looking ,uber friendly,looked into your eyes when you spoke to him,was quite the touchy type and wanted to find out more about my interests,background etc.
lets just say i got ahead of myself and inevitably carried away despite him never having pinged.long story cut short,deep down i longed for him to reciprocate what i was feeling until he asked me a few days later to join him,lo & behold his (american) girlfriend and their friends for drinks.still feel like a bit of an idiot for even entertaining the possibility.
- Perhaps, new to you, basement dweller. How far has being a negative twat gotten you in life? Never mind, I'm not really interested.
- Where are the pics of all his girlfriends from his past? Or any articles about them beside the fake horse back rider? Why are all the pics with gay men?
- Yes, the negative twat award, R480. Congrats on being Miss Runner-up!
- [quote]Perhaps, new to you, basement dweller. How far has being a negative twat gotten you in life? Never mind, I'm not really interested.
Yeah, I'm sure you're not interested - probably too busy googling away looking for pictures you can zoom in on to see what he has in his grocery bags... as you tell us:
[quote]I don't blame him one bit for wanting to keep his private life private.
People like you make that kind of hard for him, don't ya think?
- Why the fuck don't my threads get this many posts?
- Who have you broken up with lately, Joe?
- BTW, R482, considering that you were the one who started with the insults when you used "basement dweller," I'd say you're the negative one... unless of course you associate being gay or the idea of him being gay with something that's "negative."
Oh, and "twat" was also a nice touch.
- Dear R471, I sincerely apologize. My post at R478 was direct at R474. Unfortunately, I referenced the wrong post. I was actually on your side! My beef isn't with you at all. Again, I'm truly sorry.
- Wow, here's another picture of him in that gay pool party.
- Ya he was at that pool with Corey.
- But was it a gay pool party, R490? There seems to be a woman there. Or maybe it was for lesbians too.
- Don't know what to make of this information, but. . .
Apparently, he's still friends with Corey, and Henry's brothers follow him on Twitter. Supposedly, he was at MOS premiere, though I didn't see any pictures.
I have a funny theory that Corey made a deal with Henry in that he'll stay quiet, take down the pics with gays, say Henry's straight in exchange to hobnobbing with the stars and staying Henry's friend.
- Your theory's bullshit.
More likely Cavill appreciates Spears efforts to keep his secret and they never stopped being friends even after the fucking stopped.
- My head's spinning from your theory that HC and Corey fucked. He's so ugly.
However, I do remember a photo from the East/West club, that showed Henry and Corey sitting in a booth.
Anyway, behind Henry's back, Corey flipped the bird, as if to say I effed that.
Does anyone have that picture?
- Maybe Corey's ugly to you R495, but maybe he's a really nice and funny guy that Henry found attractive.
I like your theory better R494. Not all friends want to take advantage of a friend's Hollywood success.
- They are both gay. Next.
- Excuse me it's more than one gay that is keep Henry's secret. He has hung out with plenty of them over the years.
- It's known rule in Hollywood if you are not out in the open then we will keep your secret. Tom Cruise anyone?
- How terrible are some of your people?
If a friend of mind wanted to keep their sexuality a secret from the public I would definitely judge them and make fun of them, but I would never betray their trust and openly out them.
Hell, even if I slept with some closeted hollywood star I might gossip about it here but I wouldn't actually try to publicly out them.
I would think most people respect people and wouldn't do that, even if I vehemently disagree with being closeted (which I do).
- LMAO Henry Cavill and Kaley Cuoco are a new couple, PEOPLE has learned.
"They were both single and started dating recently," says a source close to the Man of Steel star and Big Bang Theory actress.
While Cuoco, 27, and Cavill, who split from his girlfriend, Fast & Furious 6 star Gina Carano, in early May, have yet to step out publicly, they're enjoying getting to know each other.
- [quote]While Cuoco, 27, and Cavill, who split from his girlfriend, Fast & Furious 6 star Gina Carano, in early May, have yet to step out publicly, they're enjoying getting to know each other.
LMAO! Wasn't it just in a magazine interview from May where Henry was claiming him and Gina lived together?
I swear, it's easier to just tell the truth than keep up with all these lies.
- It's amazing how ridiculous the studio is getting Henry to act lately.
Have they forgotten that just last month Henry said in an interview that he lives with Gina? Now it turns out that at the same time he said he was living with Gina that they had actually 'broken up'?
More likely they were never together in the first place . . .
- So fake
- Whoever is putting out this garbage needs to be fired.
It's full of holes.
Wow, and I wondered how did they find time to date, between supposedly "moving out" of Gina's place in early May, to going on a world wild premiere's for MOS in June, to officially dating in July?
It's funny, because this all started with a rumor that HC was seen with KC.
One problem, Kailey was in NY and Henry was in LA. the night they were supposedly seen together.
I swear his PR team needs to chill and just let Henry breathe.
- I was amazed when I read last month that Henry was 'living' with Gina.
And it looks even more embarrassing now that it's been revealed that they broke up at the same time they were supposedly moving in together.
- His last 2 relationships were bs and so is this one, if it even is true.
- been reading the threads on DL with people arguing about henry gay/not gay. today's story about kaley c seems so strange.
so here is a guy who is private and doesnt talk about his love life. then the strange and flowerly report by ellen w about the corcumstances of their engagement. when its broken. a month later he is with gina c. makes the rounds at all these award shows on both sides of the pond. april 15 interview conducted by details mag where henry confirms he lives with "amazing" gina. then walks the red carpet behind gina at fast 6 london premiere.
spends month of june circumnavigating the globe for mos, touches down and bammo, he is with kaley c., with even gossipcop.com "confirming" that the report is a 10 out of 10 truth. that never happens at gossipcop.
makes zero sense. something is not right. btw, the family photo is strange too. is it me of does at least another brother also ping (and i dont even have gaydar).
- Which one in the picture pings to you, R509?
By the way, I suspect the family knows Henry is gay, but they probably told the other brothers that they aren't having another one.
I say this, because Henry says he loves unicorns and wants one, and he said that this year, as a grown a@@ man. I am sure he said more revealing thing as an innocent young child. He already admitted to waking up to Ga-Ga, everyday.
- second one from the left R510
something just doesnt look right to me, and i am a female.
- ps. hate that signet ring he always wears on his left pinky. never used to do that before, as if he's campaigning/suiting up for james bond or something.
- r511. Omg, you are right. One of his brothers is missing from the photo. The over 40 and single general that looks the most like Henry. Hmm.
- "april 15 interview conducted by details mag where henry confirms he lives with "amazing" gina. then walks the red carpet behind gina at fast 6 london premiere.spends month of june circumnavigating the globe for mos, touches down and bammo, he is with kaley c., with even gossipcop.com "confirming" that the report is a 10 out of 10 truth. that never happens at gossipcop."
I agree R509. Just over the weekend I was glancing through the Details issue, almost bought it because he was so beautiful in it. And i saw that quote about living with amazing Gina. What the hell happened since then? And I'm not familiar with gossipcop.com website. But I wouldn't put it past such a website to be under 'pressure' to support such a fraud. MoS has just passed the $500 million mark, and Warner Bros apparently ain't fucking around and want this kid bearded up Stat!
Hey R510, please link us to the unicorn comment, I'll love you for it. And he listens to Ga Ga? Gurl please!
See, just more gay breadcrumbs for us to follow.
- the pr strategy of attending a succession of red carpet and award parties with gina as a couple only to see them break up and have henry ride a different horse two weeks after mos makes no sense to me. i can see working the scripted break, stay private, or still-recovering-after-broken-engagement angles, but to supposedly leave cohabitation and move on 4 days after getting back to LA is nuts by even hollywood standards. so we wait to see if photos surface...if anything it makes his look like a callous douchebag to females like me. what a piece of work to have a man you live with dump you to go out woth someone he's "always wanted to date". jesus.
unicorn quote is from ... people magazine R514
- Even Lainey is calling B.S.:
"For argument’s sake, let’s say that Cavill and Carano ended it the day after the London premiere of Fast & Furious 6 and he met Cuoco at Guys’ Choice. PEOPLE says they’re in the “beginning stages of a relationship and they're having a great time”. When would they have had the time? He got home last week.
Can you go from “Hey, how are you, can I call you, let’s hang out in 3 weeks when I get home” to the “beginnings of a relationship” after hanging out for the last 5 days, assuming that he got off the plane from the press tour and went to her place right away?
And still, the fact that both their teams seem so eager to put this out there is telling. They want you to know they’re dating. They want you to know it’s happening very much.
Warner Bros is the studio behind Man Of Steel. Warner Bros television is behind Big Bang Theory. Coincidence or conspiracy?
Superman is as American as pie. Superman, of all the superheroes, is more pie than anyone else. From a public relations point of view, Superman in love with the host of the (meaningless) People’s Choice Awards and the star of America’s favourite dumb comedy is the perfect kind of pie to serve to the MiniVan Majority. It’s a better pie than Superman romancing a girl who can dropkick your ass."
- R516 I'm glad she's calling BS now, but wasn't she one of the many who went right along believing the Gina "relationship" was real?
- R516 I have read her column everyday for years, and she despises the judgemental women of the "MiniVan Majority" who didn't like Gina 'cause she wasn't a feminine cookie-cutter actress (think Ben Affleck + Jennifer Garner campaigning for Oscar like it was a Miss America contest).
I think Lainey had hoped it was real, that a hunky guy like Henry would love a kick-ass girl rather than a made-in-Hollywood product.
Am actually surprised she didn't write that the PR teams must think the women of the MiniVan Majority are so stupid they would cheer this move, rather than see him as a heartless douchbag. But then again, I guess those women hate Gina even more.
The whole thing is nuts. When I started reading this thread, I thought you guys were just trying to claim Henry for your team, but I can't think of any other cogent explanation for what is happening in front of our eyes. LOL
- Oops, R518 was for R517
- I have to give Henry credit. He seems to talk to commoners and takes pictures with them. Unlike these other prick actors. So no matter what team he is on he seems like a cool guy. Let's hope he stays that way.
- [quote]I have to give Henry credit. He seems to talk to commoners and takes pictures with them. Unlike these other prick actors. So no matter what team he is on he seems like a cool guy. Let's hope he stays that way.
I read on another site that those days are over; that as soon as Superman came out, Henry is now ignoring fans and walking past them when out in public. I always did think he seemed fake and knew that as soon as he got the fame he craved all the "down to earth" shit would disappear.
- R521 is full of shit. Stop making stuff up BITCH!!
- If I were Henry Cavill, the only relationship I'd need would be with a mirror.
- Touche R523
- Henry is so beautiful.
This KC stunt seems so fake, though.
- I've already lost interest in this guy. His acting sucks, he has NO personality in interviews, and now he's turning into a spineless PR puppet. I'm not interested in people who have nothing to say and will resort to anything to be famous.
- Totally agree about the subpar acting and dull as dishwater personality. But as far as being a PR puppet, he has little choice at this point. He knew what he was in for the moment he said "yes" to Zack Snyder and the suits at WB. The issue is whether he will actually be able to handle the inherent problems that come with this level of celebrity. Didn't he have a drinking problem?
- Agreed R526 I will just wait for White Collar to come back. Love and respect Matt Bomer.
- [quote]I read on another site that those days are over; that as soon as Superman came out, Henry is now ignoring fans and walking past them when out in public. I always did think he seemed fake and knew that as soon as he got the fame he craved all the "down to earth" shit would disappear.
You're such a liar. Henry Cavill was on Jay Leno not too long ago, and stated that he owes his career to his fans for supporting him.
- [quote]I have to give Henry credit. He seems to talk to commoners and takes pictures with them.
Because he's only been *really* famous for five minutes.
[quote]Unlike these other prick actors.
Give him time.
[quote]So no matter what team he is on he seems like a cool guy. Let's hope he stays that way.
We know which team he's on and we know the 'cool guy' won't stay that way.
And R522 can kiss this bitch's ass.
- OMG, it's Marcia Brady @R529 screaming about how Davy Jones promised to play at her prom.
- [quote]Just over the weekend I was glancing through the Details issue, almost bought it because he was so beautiful in it. And i saw that quote about living with amazing Gina.
It's disgraceful that Henry went as far as to say he was living with Gina.
This is why I refuse to see his new movie.
- R532 You and I think alike.
I also refuse to see the movie of someone who is more than happy to take from the community but doesn't want to give anything back, not to mention resorts to ridiculous bearding.
[quote]I also refuse to see the movie of someone who is more than happy to take from the community but doesn't want to give anything back
What do you want him to give?
- [quote]What do you want him to give?
A voice for gays.
[quote] A voice for gays.
Gays already have a voice. I never knew they lost it somewhere. Just because he is famous, it won't make a difference as to what he'll say...
- Isn't Ricky Martin enough?
- I think people here probably feel that in the year 2013 it was finally time for there to be an openly-gay Superman.
- Seriously how many gay actors voices do you need? There are plenty already. HC can focus on something else for a change.
- [quote]A voice for gays.
Outside of the accent and tone, no one wants to hear him. He's a bore.
He's for looking at, no talking.
- I think you're missing the point. In the year 2013 it's insulting that an openly gay actor can't play Superman.
- [quote]Seriously how many gay actors voices do you need?
As many as it takes until Hollywood stops encouraging bearding just so that fangurl cunts like you can have your fantasies that will never come true.
- [quote]HC can focus on something else for a change.
Like what, genius, curing cancer?
- It's people like you that gives gays a bad name.
- This confirms it - I always thought Kaley Cuoco pinged.
- Superman was never gay in any way shape or form. Deal with it you cannot hijack Superman for your gay agenda. If HC is gay and wants to hide it that is his business not a bunch of gays.
- [quote]As many as it takes until Hollywood stops encouraging bearding just so that fangurl cunts like you can have your fantasies that will never come true.
You really think Henry speaking out will stop Actors from getting beards? Why don't you ask the already gays to speak out. Lets see if that stops Hollywood from creating beards. Hollywood isn't responsible for your low self-esteem. Henry won't make anything better for you.
- Who are you addressing, R544
I want him to come out just so these lunatic fangurls go the fuck away.
- Kaley Cuoco doesn't ping. She just wants more fame!
- R544/R546 Then get the fuck off a GAY website you stupid fucking cunt!
- So HC should come out so girls won't like him. What are you in 5th grade?
- R545 here sorry didn't finish. I just read the People article about how she and Johnny Galecki secretly dated. Are you kidding me? He couldn't be gayer if he fell off truck full gay.
Have any of you ever met him?
- r548 r550
Grow the fuck up.
- Yes, clearly, I'm the one in fifth grade because nothing says mature like being a delusional idiot who can't accept a guy is gay because you're hot for him and it would ruin the fantasy.
BTW, I'm not gay and I'm a woman. I think people like you are an embarrassment when you come onto a gay site telling gay people that a gay person should hide.
Do you also go on black sites (if you're white) and tell them that they should get over it if a black people can't catch a cab?
- Let's be honest though: both the "straight!" and "gay!" sides of the argument involve wanting to fuck him.
Now this is what happens when a straight woman who think she knows how it feels to be gay comes to a gay website.
- R556 Stop. R554 is one of the few straight women on this site that acts sane. Maybe she can teach the delusional fangurls that come on here a thing or two.
- R556? I didn't say I knew how it felt to be gay, I said it shouldn't be up to someone who isn't to tell gay people they should hide.
Whether you stay in the closet or not is your personal decision.
[quote]Whether you stay in the closet or not is your personal decision.
Then why are you bitching Henry to come out of his closet?
Did Bomer lose his fangirls when he came out and said he was Gay? NO, a big fucking NO. He has more delusional fangirls than Henry.
Henry coming out won't change a fuck!
- Funny how the gays on here hide behind anonymous. So much for them being out in the open.
- 554 dumbest post on this thread. Congrats.
- r559 Speaks the truth.
r558 Why don't you fuck out of this site. It'll do everyone some good.
- R560 Are you really THAT retarded frau cunt? It's an anonymous gossip board!
BTW, I'm not gay and I'm a woman. I think people like you are an embarrassment when you come onto a gay site telling gay people that a gay person should hide.
Who said gay people should hide?
- I don't find it impossible that they could be together. It probably isn't serious. But they were both at Critic's Choice and Guy's Choice awards. They may have been skyping/texting etc while he was promoting MOS.
As far as Gina, the interview may have been done weeks before Details published it. And I have heard Henry on more than one occasion say that he doesn't really have a definite home base. That he goes where the work is etc. He may have intended to stay with Gina when he is in town, but they broke up unexpectedly. It happens. I don't know why you have to keep looking for some sort of nefarious plot.
Re: Kaley, she resembles his ex, and she is also into Show Jumping. Henry has said that he likes the sport, and used to go to Show Jumping tourneys long before he met his Ex Fiance. So it isn't too surprising that he and Kaley may have some interests in common.
The guy can't win. When he was keeping things private, everyone assumed he had something to hide and now that he is being more open, people assume he is covering up a secret. Gay or not, I don't think there is anything he can do, at all, that wouldn't draw criticism when it comes to this.
- The word retard is considered hate speech because it offends people with intellectual and developmental disabilities as well as the people that care for and support them. It alienates and excludes them. It also emphasizes the negative stereotypes surrounding people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Leave. Henry. Alone!
- R559, I didn't say he should, I said I wanted him to.
It is HIS personal decision, yes, but let's not act like encouraging the closet is healthy for a person's psyche, esp. when he has to do it for what are -without a doubt- ridiculous reasons.
We all know why he is doing it and it has nothing to do with something like being in a country where they put you to death for being gay.
When you actually delve into the reasons, you know it's ridiculous.
- Personally, I have far more issue with celebrities like Tom Cruise, John Travolta, George Clooney, and....Oprah (yes, I went there...). These people are icons who've had their success, if they come out and there is some backlash, they won't feel it. Yet they also have tremendous power and influence. They can make a difference.
- R561, coming from someone who is barely literate, I consider that high praise.
- Wasn't Henry somewhat already out? Then once he started coming close to landing these major roles, he started the bearding. Also, I think that being gay fucked Brandon Routh's Superman success.
- R564, do you even read your own idiocy?
[quote]Superman was never gay in any way shape or form. Deal with it you cannot hijack Superman for your gay agenda. If HC is gay and wants to hide it that is his business not a bunch of gays.
[quote]Isn't Ricky Martin enough?
[quote]Seriously how many gay actors voices do you need? There are plenty already. HC can focus on something else for a change.
Yeah, you're a prize.
- Most of the comments posted today (July 2) are quite rude, selfish, and ignorant. Henry Cavill just can't win with you lot. The gays and the straight women here have different issues with him, and are blaming him for not doing exactly what they fucking want him to do.
Listen up, the only people Henry has to listen to are the fuckers who pay him to be Superman. It's not his choice to come out, even if he wanted to. Like someone wrote previously, when he said yes to Zack, game over, all the gay and semi-gay shit about him on the internet and his friend's FB had to be removed, and the revolving door of fake gf's had to enter the scene.
Do you really think Henry enjoys this aspect of his fame? From what little I have read of the guy, he seems really smart, down to earth, and kind of reserved, and coming from a sane and wholesome, loving family. He wanted to be a big star, but in order to be a big star, he has to deal with a LOT of demeaning bullshit, and some of that means LYING to the public, for PR, and pretending he's engaged and having this gf or that gf. Breaking news: he's not the only actor doing this!
I like Henry and I hate seeing all this bullshit ranting and yelling about him in the various threads here at DL. I don't think most of the people who post here really give two shits about him, they just enjoy arguing over a person who doesn't even know they exist.
Instead of sitting at your computer bitching at strangers about a rich and famous actor, why don't you go out and be a voice for the gay community and do something positive instead of demanding this from Henry.
if you want to blame anyone for Henry Cavill's predicament, blame the suits at Warner Brothers. They hired a gay actor and made him pretend to be something he's not in order to sell a movie.
- Gays want Henry outed and if he doesn't come out they will trash him like they are doing on this thread. Henry is Superman and is riding high quit being so jealous.
Whoever this woman is, she needs her medication. Quick - run to the pharmacy and fetch that refill. This straight woman is lost.
[quote]I didn't say he should, I said I wanted him to.
Why the heck should someone come out for you?
- Which pharmacy does she use? walgreens or duane reade? I'd like to help.
- R575 You're right. She's flip-flopping back and forth. Scary.
- Everyone knows that it's only a couple of queens on here that post all the time that run the website. And there old old queens.
- 573.574...get off the gay gossip site you fish smelling cunt.
- R573 My questions have to do with the *PR strategy* to sell the image, not with the man, or even the actor. Never watched him on screen or on TV, so I have no opinion about his acting either.
The moves just seem so inept and ill thought-out. They had 2 years leading up to the release of the movie to get this right, to position him for the target audience and now, what do we have?
i. MiniVan Majority offended because he was with Gina Carano
ii. Gay men offended because he was with Gina Carano
iii. Other women (like me) offended because the sudden hookup with Kaley makes him look like a callous douchebag
iv. Gay men offended because he is with Kaley
So whoever is in charge at Warner Bros deserves to be fired over this. Perhaps we should feel pity for Henry, but then again, he is more than willing to pay the price to get a Superman sequel, one Justice League, Man from UNCLE, and James Bond when Daniel Craig retires.
Truth be told, few would turn this down.
- Oh dear lord. I thought this was a [bold]gay[/bold] website.
- R581 The fucking frau cunts are invading it.
- R573, As a straight woman, I have no issue with him dating Gina or Kaley, nor do I care that he moved from one to the other quickly, possibly.
I also don't care if he is gay/straight/or indifferent.
If he is with Kaley, I actually think that is kind of a cute pairing. She seems fun, not overly high maintenance and she might loosen him up a bit.
If he is gay/bearding, then I hope he finds the courage and support to just be himself. Living a lie, no matter the reasons, has got be extremely exhausting.
What I find really intolerable with some posters on here are the people who are so self righteous about what he should do. People who are convinced that he is bearding, and judge him for doing so.
You don't know his life, you don't know his pressures, his situation, etc. No one should be judged as harshly as some of you are doing.
Anyway, Henry is pretty to look at, and with a good director, might even show some promise as an actor. He seems to be nice enough and he seems smart enough not to fall victim drugs/ booze etc.
But why not just let him be. If he is gay, he will come out when he feels ready. And if he is straight, no worries, you will have new eye candy to drool over soon enough.
- [quote]As a straight woman
Oh for fucks sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Hurry up and lets finish this thread before another [bold]straight woman[/bold] gives us her opinion.
- Put this out...
- of its misery.
- Lets kill this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Kill it. Kill it now.
- Straight woman infested.
- [bold]08/19/2012 - 07/03/2012[/bold]
It lived long enough.
- This thread is dead to me.
- Dead I tell you!
- Henry is not gay!
- 7/3/2013, R591. Despite Cher's most fervent hopes, we cannot turn back time.
- It deserves to die.
- It's still alive!
- It should be [bold]08/19/2012 - 07/03/2012[/bold]
[bold]R.I.P dearly beloved.[/bold]
- As a straight woman, I'm really excited to see where his career goes next.
- Dear dear dear its [bold]08/19/2012 - 07/03/201[/bold]
- The year is 2013, R598, although much like Cavill's sexuality it is up for debate.
- This thread was so young, but cunts from tumblr invaded and killed it.
We just had to end it out of it's misery.