- Here's a link to the source story HuffPo ripped off.
- [quote]A witness interviewed by federal authorities in the widening Penn State investigation claims he saw Jerry Sandusky and one of the school's prominent boosters sexually abusing boys on a private plane, RadarOnline.com is reporting exclusively.
[quote]The witness was interviewed by the U.S. Postal Inspectors with the FBI present. RadarOnline.com broke the news that a new investigation into a pedophile ring is now being conducted by federal authorities.
I didn't know that they were widening the investigation. Interesting.
- [quote]U.S. Postal Inspectors
- When this thing first exploded, I said, as did many here that there must have been a big ring of perverts and monsters doing this, that he wasn't alone.
I wish for all of them to burn in hell and if possible, sooner.
They must have destroyed hundreds if not thousands of young boys.
- That's terrible.
- This whole thing is giving me flashbacks to a gym teacher who used to shower with boys in my school. I feel sick about it. I never said anything. I still know his sons. I sometimes feel like I should tell them...or someone.
- Everyone in Pennsylvania is a child molester and everyone in Tennessee is a racist.
See how this works?
- R6, not all adults that shower with children are pedophiles - it's important to keep that in mind.
- Wonder if there are any high-ranking Republicans who should be worried.
- When the whole story broke, a PA reporter stated on a radio talk show that he believed there was much more to the story, that Sandusky was involved in bringing underage boys across state lines to big football events for the purpose of providing access to them to big contributors. This story just gets filthier.
- I'm just amazed by how many men are willing to abuse or witness the abuse of children. Mind boggling.
- R3, I think postal inspectors are involved because he might have distributed child porn by mail, across state lines, or something like that. I read something earlier about this.
- Maybe there's a good reason why Richard Mellon Scaife, the former visible sponsor of Republican madness, has suddenly gone quiet.
- R8 = James Dobson
- Here's a list of famous Penn State grads, although most of these wouldn't have access to a private plane. Still, some of them would. Some of them are the very essence of entitled douchebags.
- Yes, when the Sandusky story broke there were DL posters who said it was the tip of the iceberg.
I specifically recall that there were all sorts of 'conspiracy theories' thrown around about very powerful men in PA who were part of a child sex abuse ring. The only random theory I recall is that someone kept bringing up the name of the Milton Hershey school and claiming that somehow bigwigs affiliated with the school decades ago were part of a group of predators. (note 'decades ago' and not the current group of people who have close ties to the school)
I realize it's pointless and malicious gossip at its worst, but I wish that poster would come back, provided s/he had more credible details.
- It would have to be a right wing Christian who knew Sandusky and made Sandusky feel untouchable.
- Don't forget the murder of Western PA's three leading liberal politicians in the late 80s by amyloidosis. There are some very scary forces at work in Pennsyltucky.
- Did he diddle kids on a train? Did he diddle them in the rain? Did he diddle them while in Spain? Did he ever leave a stain?
- There IS something to this PA/powerful child molester connection....
- I'm thinking Tom Ridge, because nobody could seem to touch Sandusky until the last few years.
Plus he's the right age and he looks like he might have been a football player.
- That's an interesting theory, R21. And Tom Ridge's name has been floated as a potential Vice-Presidential pick for 2008 and 2012, but he's been quickly (and inexplicably) dismissed. Tom Ridge is also on the record as being heavily involved in The Second Mile.
- Betcha Paterno was a pedo.
- The CEO of US Steel has to be one of the wealthiest on that list. And there's not much bigger in Pennsylvania than the steel industry! A private plane is a big expense item, right? I wonder if it was the pilot who came forward?
- Read the link at R1 and you won't have to wonder any longer R24.
- R16, that was me (I'm a she btw).
I became very interested in this case last year and did gobs of online searches researching similar cases with links to Sandusky and Milton Hershey. The whole case actually prompted me to go back to grad school - I really want to help kids. I became totally engrossed in this case. Anyway, being side tracked with grad school apps mixed in with a chaotic year, I've not been following this case as diligently as I was in the beginning.
What I wrote back then was factual credible information - mixed with a whole lot of speculation on my behalf. I still strongly believe all of it. There is so much to this story that goes far beyond Penn State and Sandusky. It involved Corbett, the botched Wrigley deal w/ Hershey, the DA who most likely is swimming with the fishes, the board members of Second Mile who also worked for Hershey....I could go on. It's just all so messed up full of numerous cover-ups.
I'll definitely look back into what I wrote previously and look for any updated stories etc. Lie I said, what I did wrote was pure speculation - based on factual information. I'm not claiming to be any kind of credible source. I'm from PA and really interested in this whole case.
- When they announced their findings in that report that shined the spotlight on Paterno's e-mails,concluding that he knew and was part of the cover-up, the FBI guy said that this wasn't the end of it.
When the Verdict was read for Sandusky they said that wasn't the end of it. I was expecting something like this. I have to wonder if other university officials and board members were in on it. It is horrible. What a fucking nightmare for those kids.
- I'm interested too R26. Please indulge us.
I'm of the opinion that most of the people involved weren't molesters, just engaged in covering tracks because of the money. It would not surprise me to find out that people were hired long term for that purpose alone.
However, I don't believe the powers that be would have gone that far for Sandusky alone. I believe there are bigger names involved or at least one really big name.
- [quote]I really want to help kids
Good for you R26. It sounds like you are being called to it. I always worry that these kids are just never put back together completely. The saddest part for me is that you learn [italic]they[/italic] end up feeling guilty. Like they did something to deserve it.
At least it is a subject that is more out in the open these days. Which (hopefully) will mean kids will have the knowledge to better protect themselves and if they are abused they will get help as soon as they can.
- I'd be interested in reading what you have also r26. Can you put it together and post it?
- I agree with r26. I think there is a lot more to this story - and a lot more quilty people - than we currently know about. Hopefully it will all be brought to justice. This entire case is so sickening and appalling. A few weeks ago on Dateline there was an interview with a now-grown man who was molested by Sandusky years ago when he was just 10 or 11 years old. My heart just broke watching him, because he is so damaged by the abuse.
I hope Sandusky gets shanked in prison.
- A friend of mine from the area who played football there in the early 90s is in total denial about all of this. I suspect his views and lack of views on the subject are pretty typical of others in the area. They really just want it buried and to go away and he's of the mind that as soon as Paterno found out he fired Sandusky. It wasn't worth getting into an argument over the issue with him.
- Sissyfag pearlclutchers going hysterical again. What's wrong with playing with boys?
- Please, everyone, don't feed the troll at r33.
Just a right-wing shit-stirrer.
- Sandusky operated openly and blatantly on the Penn State campus with no fear. I knew this story is bigger. I wouldn't be surprised if Paterno was a pedo and others of influence also. The abuse is big enough that no one had the courage to challange what was happening wide open in public eyes. The pervert felt emboldened and safe. Why?
- Yes, R26, if you have the time, please see if you could find your notes from the Sandusky thread of last November! I would be fascinated to hear more about what your research brought to light. Please share any information you think might be credible.
For whatever reason I never forgot your theories, and they were the first things I thought of when I read the HuffPost piece. I realize everyone is innocent until proven guilty, so who knows what the reality is of the situation at this point. But something feels potentially big about this latest story in the Sandusky saga.
Please share more details whenever you get a chance, and kudos to you for pursuing the career path that you are on.
- For heaven's sake.
Doesn't anyone just pop a Valium and read Us Weekly anymore?
This is what flying has become?
- Obviously, they should have sat the boys next to a woman passenger.
- r38 - I was trying to think of how to word it...but you win. W&W
- Coach can I suck Tyrone off while you fuck me please
- Ridge was on the Hershey exec board, as well as a director of the Home Depot. As Homeland Security Director, he had power over anyone and everyone, which might have protected Sandusky through most of the 2000's. He was Governor in 1998. He was the same age and grew up not that far from Sandusky. Did they know each other when Ridge wasin law school at PSU?
- I think that's understandable to a degree R32. If your friend was close to Paterno and some of the other guilty parties, it's got to be difficult to process all this. Hell, it's difficult for me to process, and I have no ties to anyone involved.
- And am I correct that most, or even all of these men who molested these boys would identify as heterosexual?
Ironic that the hatemongers always want to paint gays as child molesting pervs.
- They should match the strain of HIV of the boys to the HIV strain of the pedobears
- R36, and all, I wil definitely go through what I had and repost just give me a few days, things are a little crazy here at the moment.
Interestingly - though completely a different story, I suppose with no ties to child molestation .... I don't know if you all recall in November when The Milton Hershey school refused admittance to an HIV positive student - very odd. Why would they be so concerned about an HIV boy being on campus?
As months pass and more shit hits the fan, 6 days ago they had "a change of heart" and granted him admission as well as an apology.
- R26, I'm curious what tie-in you see to the DA who disappeared (name escapes me at the moment.) He was supposedly a tough minded prosecutor who uncharacteristically closed the original investigation. Then mysteriously he disappears a few years later, just before retiring, when his personal life was supposedly in a good place. They never found his body, but did find his computer's ruined hard drive in a river. It just seems so likely to have a tie in with this whole Sandusky mess.
- This makes my blood boil, and I hope everyone involved, even those who covered it up, spends the rest of their lives in jail. I'm an opponent of the death penalty, but I wouldn't be unhappy if these people were executed.
But I'm amazed, maybe naively, that there are pedophile "rings," especially in Podunk Pennsylvania. I would have thought pedophile rings were tinhat fantasies. Isn't pedophilia a pretty rare predilection? What are the odds of finding a large group of pedophiles in the same location?
- R43 who cares about what they "identify" with; they're sick-ass people. And if they're male diddling male kids they're gay.
- [quote]It just seems so likely to have a tie in with this whole Sandusky mess.
Sandusky is such a small fish in all of this mess. I'm more lead to believe that Ray Gricar (the missing DA) had knowledge regarding ties to Milton Hershey. His laptop and later his hard drive was found in the Susquehanna River, 20 minutes away from The Milton Hershey Campus. There were numerous child molestation accusations going on with the Hershey School as well.
Then you have the Milton Hershey School being a huge contributor to Corbett's campaign's. Then you have Roy Zimmerman, former Attorney General, who also was chairman of the Hershey Trust, who also served on the board of Second Mile. Here is an interesting take on Zimmerman and more details of the financial aspects:
- The pedo has stunted sexuality, whether through repression or trauma they are still a pedo no matter what they 'diddle', boys or girls.
The pedophile is not heterosexual or homosexual, the pedophile is a pedophile. Period.
- Phyllis Dillis turned 106 today
- Does Santorum fit into any of this, r26?
- Their choice of victims is determinant, R51. Period.
- I wonder if Sandusky will get shanked soon, in order to make sure he never talks (after all, he's in for life, he'd have nothing to lose if he sang like a canary)....?
Only time will tell
- Not true R54. Many (most?) pedos will take either boy or girl victims.
- Not true, R56.
- I have a feeling he does R53 - just a feeling.
- Pedophile rings are demonstrated by cases like that of Marc Dutroux in Belgium. Or the Catholic Church scandals in America. Or Father Bruce Ritter's runaway reclamation project in NYC.
Pedos just do what they do. They pass around and procure for each other. It's sub rosa, like high line prostitution, but it is organized and monied.
The men, when confronted, are either defiant, like TLPG monsters and that crazy Boston priest, or 'not guilty' like Sandusky, denying all.
In Belgium, 100,000 people came out on a march against the high-level officials' cover-up of the ring supplied by the procurer and sadist Marc Dutroux. The government fell.
Beware any organization that reclaims teenage boys from hardship.
- [quote]Beware any organization that reclaims teenage boys from hardship.
Why bring up [italic]teenage[/italic] boys in a thread about pedophiles, r59?
- Your slip is showing, R60.
- Two things:
R60, are you out of your mind?
For some reason, I typed TLPG and it came out TLPG.
- Ah, R60, touched a nerve?
Got a little thing for little things?
- N A M B L A
- R26, have you considered writing a book about the subject? Save your research, you could end up writing a non-fiction best seller that would open the public's eyes to this horrific reality of child sex rings.
I haven't followed the case and this is the first thread I've opened on the subject. It's almost too awful to think about or read about. I don't know all the characters involved or the details, therefore a well written book would be welcomed.
Thanks for your posts and sharing your research and thoughts with us, r26.
- Why does the fact that pedos are in a "podunk" area surprise you? If you want to see MORE pedos in a podunk area, check out central Florida, specifically, the Lakeland area and Polk County. When I was living in the area, they arrested 40+ guys in a child porn ring. The linked article references one of the busts, in 2009.
- And here's more.
- Sorry -- I put the Polk County link in the wring place.
- Look, r61-63, it's not my fault that you're too stupid to know what pedophilia means. But go ahead being proud of your ignorance.
- Looks like you've gone to great hair-splitting lengths to feel OK, R60. So why isn't it working?
- Damn, R26. Have you thought of getting in touch with Sarah Ganim, the young reporter who won a Pulitzer for breaking the Sandusky investigation? Bet she'd be interested in some of your legwork.
Also, not to get too tin-hatty, but be careful. If big guys really are implicated, this whole story could get really, really ugly.
- This is for many of you, an introduction to networked, Satanism-based pedophelia. Replace your programmed concept of a Satanist - Marilyn Manson's tour manager in a purple velvet robe - with fat, spoiled old jocks who compulsively enjoy annihilating the lives of children through rape and murder (yes, many anonymous children have been murdered).
The Franklin Credit Union scandal blew the doors off this network all the way to the white house. Bush Sr and co. had sex with orphan children, then murdered at least some of them. Call it illuminati, call it masons, call it what you want. Don't shoot the messenger...
Look at all the killing they're responsible for world wide. For nothing. 911 was faked. They worship dark powers, and torturing children is their faaavorite. And now 'regular people' will see this. Revelations.
We're in the Underworld, so say the oracles. Be prepared to learn what this world USED to be about. As they are exposed, they will be annihilated. Nobody's getting away with anything.
- Some of what you say may have some truth to it, crazy r72, but Bush senior?
- Wait everyone - thanks for all the compliments but they are misdirected. The google docs link is a link I posted of a professors paper - it is not mine. Just some of the research I had looked at and saved. His name should be on the paper when you look at the link - it is on the google link.
- Wow, thanks R72. You just sit right there while I ring for the nurse. It's time for your meds.
- Well, I guess I did say "go ahead being proud of your ignorance", but I didn't think you'd take the suggestion quite so literally, r70.
- That paper is written by:
Dr. Charles E Hill Ed.D Professor Emeritus, The College of New Jersey
- I always wondered about the DeSisto School in Stockbridge.
- Yes, that's what you said, but we know what you meant, R60/76.
Sorry, but you put it out there.
- Wow, R26/45 - they refused to admit an HIV positive student? Wow, that's the kind of stuff that happened to Ryan White in bumfucked Indiana 25 years ago. They advertised living in the dark ages? Wow.
[quote]The school originally said that its residential setting and the risk of sexual activity made the teen too much of a "threat."
What are they admitting about their school here?
- Of what, R54? What difference does it make if it's boys or girls? Why the need to differentiate? Jerry Sandusky and his ilk never identify as gay, they lead publicly heterosexual lives in conservative geographic areas, attend churches, immerse themselves in sports culture and vote Republican. It's ridiculous to try to conflate these dangerous, duplicitous predators with two same-sex adults in a committed relationship or even a single person who is promiscuous with other same-sex adults. They have as much in common with each other as any heterosexual male has in common with a violent serial rapist.
So why the need to insist Sandusky is gay? Hmmm?
- [quote]Jerry Sandusky and his ilk never identify as gay, they lead publicly heterosexual lives in conservative geographic areas, attend churches, immerse themselves in sports culture and vote Republican.
Just like Larry Craig or Ted Haggard. Doesn't make them any less gay.
[quote]They have as much in common with each other as any heterosexual male has in common with a violent serial rapist.
Yes. And still, that serial rapist (provided he only rapes women) would be straight, and nobody would think to deny it.
[quote]So why the need to insist Sandusky is gay? Hmmm?
No one's feels a need to insist that he's gay - people just bring it up as a response to those who seem to feel the need to deny it.
- Interesting that Cal Ripken Jr. was a Second Mile honorary board member. He asked them not to use his name on website, in brochures last November.
Then his mother is kidnapped, driven around for a day, and released.
Is there a connection there?
- There has always been stuff going on in Athletic departments - Jr High, High School, College. It's not just gay stuff - the men can't keep their hands on the girls when they coach them. People just don't want to see it. I was in sports all my life and saw this. I am not excusing what this asshole did, just want us to keep this in perspective.
In my JH and HS there were 6 scandals with coaches and boys and girls I knew of. Lesbian, gay and Straight.
- Sandusky identifies as straight, and the straights can have him.
Having sex with male children doesn't make someone gay. Being gay means being attracted to adults of the same sex. That is the nature of the orientation by definition. Pedophilia, whether male or female, is a different sexual orientation. Deal.
- Oh, rats - I read the headline as "Santorum on a plane, with a friend, molesting boys".
Well, one can hope.
- VERY interesting question, Dustin.
- [quote]No one's feels a need to insist that he's gay - people just bring it up as a response to those who seem to feel the need to deny it.
Really? Nice bubble you live in there.
I've seen and heard so much vitriol online directed at "that faggot Sandusky" and "fags and queers" who "rape little boys" (like we all do this), but here you are claiming its just a simple matter of semantics and besides its just gay people getting defensive when others just happen to bring it up.
You're a total tool.
- [quote]Does Santorum fit into any of this, [R26]?
I had no idea until I Googled just now that Santorum went to PSU for undergrad -- I just assumed it was some Catholic school.
- Hmmmmm indeed....
- Not surprising. Like werewolves pedophiles hunt and live in packs and have each others' backs.
- I don't know about Santorum but I'm sure Romney has closer ties to all of this than have ever been admitted.
- Romney? He has no PA connections. And these men are overwhelming Catholic, not Mormon.
- the Dr. Seuss rhyme is funny!
- Maybe they were just playing "snakes on a plane".
- I want to know what airline permits the sexual abuse on board its airplanes, and how they get crew members who won't call the cops afterwards. I mean, how do you cover that in a stewardess's job interview?
- PRIVATE planes, silly.
Plastic Pieces, Penny Turn up in Penn St Ice Cream
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. August 14, 2012 (AP)
The Berkey Creamery at Penn State is warning patrons that plastic pieces and a penny have been found in containers of ice cream.
Creamery officials say one customer found a penny in a container bought in mid-May. Penn State police thought it an isolated incident until three other customers complained of plastic in their containers.
No injuries have been reported.
Creamery manager Tom Palchak says the plastic pieces aren't components from machines used in production. He says officials are now limiting access to ingredients and increasing surveillance at the production facility.
The Food and Drug Administration is also involved in the investigation.
The creamery produces ice cream, cheese and other dairy products, much of it using milk from the university's herd.
Berkey bills itself as the nation's largest university creamery.
- [quote]Having sex with male children doesn't make someone gay. Being gay means being attracted to adults of the same sex. That is the nature of the orientation by definition. Pedophilia, whether male or female, is a different sexual orientation. Deal.
ITA. Some here and elsewhere don't understand that pedophilia is a separate orientation. Do the people here that think that Sandusky and the likes are gay also think that a man who rapes a 7, 10 or 12 year old girl is the same as a man having sex with a 20, 30 year old woman? If you think it's the same just because they are all females, you are DERANGED!
- R94, Romney has connections to all these child reform camps, of which Second Mile was clearly in the same biz. And I'm sure he does have Pennsylvania connections, not to mention the Mormons there.
- I bet this will all get pushed under the carpet and Sandusky will take the fall. Probably too many high profile people involved
- Has Rene Portland weighed in on these latest developments?
- So this big bucks booster with the private plane - probably also protected Sandusky with the athletic department. Another reason he believed he could do anything he wanted. Penn State didn't want to lose the big bucks booster. It's disgusting all around.
- indeed. i hope the booster is named and charged.
- I think r103 is right on the money.
- The Daily News reports that another victim has come forward, saying he was introduced to Sandusky as a kid at Second MIle in 1979 by a businessman who was already abusing him. That man was charged with multiple abuse incidents in the 1990s, but died before he could come to trial.
I think this is the earliest reported connection between Sandusky, Second Mile, and another pedophile. Who thinks this was an isolated incident? Yeah, right.
- A "booster" does not make this a "Penn State story."
It makes it a "rich men's story."
THAT is the TRUE dirty little secret.
Eyes Wide Shut
- [quote]When this thing first exploded, I said, as did many here that there must have been a big ring of perverts and monsters doing this, that he wasn't alone.
Yes, exactly. There were a few of us who knew there was much more to the Sandusky story and that the public wasn't being told.
The rest of the posters just jumped on us and told us we were crazy conspiracy theorists.
The fact is that the rich and powerful pretty much get whatever the hell they want. And if what they want includes raping children, there are plenty of assholes out there willing to procure kids for them. Sandusky was definitely a procurer, as well as an abuser.
- People know who these Chesters are. How hard is it to find out who chartered a private plane and all the passengers on board? Unaccompanied minors with just a handful of adults with them? Did they lie and say that the children were related to them? Who in their right mind could witness such a thing and allow this to happen to children?
- Sara Ganim, the reporter who broke the Sandusky investigation, has a 5 part report on Second Mile in the Patriot-News, her local PA newspaper. It's a story in progress, but she uncovers some interesting facts. Like: many Second Mile board members felt very peripheral, like there was an "inner circle" who made decisions off-line amidst a culture of secrecy. Some nominal "board members" didn't agree to serve, and didn't even know they were listed as such.
Also check out Ganim's twitter (@sganim) exchange on August 13th with Greg Bucceroni, the victim cited in the Daily News article at R108. Ganim reaches out to him asking for a conversation. And definitely read Bucceroni's twitter @gregbucceroni - he's doing some very interesting tweeting.
- thanks 112
- R102, there are Mormons everywhere, literally. They send missionaries all over the world & have been very successful at recruiting new members.
- Snakes on a plane!
- OP, I would have guessed Professor Plum, in the conservatory with a lead pipe.
- I have no doubt there are more people involved in this case. But how do these pedophiles find each other in the upper echelons of power? Yes, rich, powerful friends help each other out, but how does the topic of pedophilia come up in the first place?
- god only knows
- It's the tip of the iceberg, all right. Children are most likely to be molested by members of their own family, so it's possible some of these kids had already been groomed by their own relatives to provide sex to adults without telling before Sandusky got to them.
Shaming and threatening children and coercing them to pretend that nothing happened to them keeps the child abuse circuit going. Speaking up and naming names breaks the circuit. Just sayin'.
- OUT THE BOOSTERS AND MAJOR DONORS!!
- Won't someone think of the FOOTBALL PROGRAM?!?
- Wasn't there some email or IM chatter where Jerry was offering to procure 'his' boys? I heard that early on, described as 'explosive allegations' that were about to emerge. Then the media just stopped.
It's clear Sandusky thought he had approval for what he was doing. THere has to be more to this. That kid who was abused in 1979 makes it clear. That fucker got away with it in plain sight for DECADES. It's almost like someone wanted him to take the fall now for some reason.
- Wiki article on Savitz at link, the guy from the 1979 allegations. Warning: it will make you gag it's so disgusting.
- Savitz have children of his own?
- [quote]But how do these pedophiles find each other in the upper echelons of power? Yes, rich, powerful friends help each other out, but how does the topic of pedophilia come up in the first place?
Probably at private parties, where male and female whores of all types are brought in, including barely legal ones. The child molesters among them probably then get a good idea of who's into children.
That seemed to be what happened in the Franklin child prostitution case in Nebraska. There's a good documentary about this case that's available online.
- The police investigation of Sandusky was dropped after an unfavorable report by a PA DPW counselor named Seasock.
- Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett received $640,000 in campaign contributions from Second Mile board members for his attorney general and governor's races. Of course he also gave at least $3 million in state money to Second Mile.
- And what about the investigating attorney who disappeared/died?
- Seasock was an UNLICENSED counselor
- [quote]Tom Corbett received $640,000 in campaign contributions from Second Mile board members for his attorney general and governor's races. Of course he also gave at least $3 million in state money to Second Mile.
Yes, he also received substantial donations and campaign contributions from the Milton Hershey School. THis of course was going on during the Milton Hershey real estate deal in which they overpaid SIGNIFICANTLY above market value for a plot of land (golf course) - a deal that raised serious eyeballs and should have been properly investigated - but was not.
I'm telling you I seriously believe Milton Hershey, Second Mile and Penn State scandals are all connected.
Follow the money.
- r122 ITA. He did this for decades and he was ALLOWED to do this for decades. This monster and his monstrous friends most likely raped hundreds if not THOUSANDS of kids!!!! I wonder if they also murdered kids?!?
I really hope they are all exposed and brought to justice. I also hope as many of those kids (now adults) come forward.
Years ago I saw a documentary about a similar affair, also in the US but I don't remember the name of the docu. I think it was done by a British TV station, I can't remember and it was NEVER broadcasted. Very influential people were involved there too. Does it ring a bell with anyone? I found the film online at the time.
- CIA had files on Ray Gricar, the missing State College DA.
- [quote]Years ago I saw a documentary about a similar affair, also in the US but I don't remember the name of the docu. I think it was done by a British TV station, I can't remember and it was NEVER broadcasted. Very influential people were involved there too. Does it ring a bell with anyone? I found the film online at the time.
Franklin case, in Nebraska?
- It was probably "Conspiracy of Silence," r131.
- r133 and r134 Yes! That was it. Made my stomach turn. Who knows how many such rings exist.
In the last decades or two many of these monsters either "import" kids from others countries or travel to those countries to rape kids.
Not long ago I watched another docu about western perverts traveling to the far east to rape kids, girls and boys. They are everywhere - Vietnam, The Philippines, Thailand. They said that now US law makes it possible to catch these perverts abroad and trial them in the US. They caught a few.
It was really horrific.
- They should all be castrated.
- [quote]But how do these pedophiles find each other in the upper echelons of power? Yes, rich, powerful friends help each other out, but how does the topic of pedophilia come up in the first place?
What exites rich people most? Challenges, things they can do because they are rich or above the law or not bound to society's rules. These people don't care how true they are when the play 'truth or dare' or 'never have I ever'. Newbies fall way to easy in traps that reveal their hidden sexual desires or what their weakness or price is in order to help pedophiles.
These people protect each other no matter what, because they benefit from each other. So what if some Wall Street banker likes to fuck boys or girls until they bleed, he gives me some great insider info I use all the time and they are usually always right! Or I have close connections to this really nice orphanage, when you guys help me out I will help you find your way to infiltrate the orphanage (its board, staff, etc.).
People's greed for (more) money, power, social status, knowledge, etc. makes them easily dismiss their own conscience. And yeah, a lot of people even though they are not pedophiles themselves hand over their own kids to get molested so the parents can gain something out of it.
- To be fair, child sex abuse is pretty much an across the board phenomenon so far as wealth and social status are concerned. But yes, pedos tend to network, share victims and porn, and trade tips on pedophiling. And of course there are plenty of self-absorbed shitballs on hand to cover for them:
Joe Paterno broke down and cried the day after he was dismissed as Penn State's coach, according to excerptspublished by GQ from the biography Paterno written by Joe Posnanski.
Posnanski, a former writer for Sports Illustrated, spent the 2011 season with Paterno as the Jerry Sandusky scandal unfolded and the longtime Nittany Lions coach lost his job before succumbing to lung cancer in January.
The current issue of GQ includs some pertinent passages from the book, which will be available Tuesday.
Among them was the scene at Paterno's house the day after he was fired by the Penn State board of trustees:
On Thursday, Paterno met with his coaches at his house. He sobbed uncontrollably. This was his bad day. Later, one of his former captains, Brandon Short, stopped by the house. When Brandon asked, "How are you doing, Coach?" Paterno answered, "I'm okay," but the last syllable was shaky, muffled by crying, and then he broke down and said, "I don't know what I'm going to do with myself." Nobody knew how to handle such emotion. Joe had always seemed invulnerable. On Thursday, though, he cried continually.
"My name," he told Jay, "I have spent my whole life trying to make that name mean something. And now it's gone."
In another excerpt, Paterno's son, Scott, reads the grand jury case against Sandusky for the first time:
Scott Paterno was the first in the family to understand that the Pennsylvania grand jury presentment that indicted Jerry Sandusky could end his father's career. This wasn't surprising; Scott tended to be the most realistic - or cynical, depending on who you asked - in the family. He had run for Congress and lost and along the way tasted the allure and nastiness of public life. He had worked as a lawyer and as a lobbyist. He would sometimes tell people, "Hey, don't kid yourself, I'm the asshole of the family." When Scott read the presentment, he called his father and said, "Dad, you have to face the possibility that you will never coach another game."
- Sandusky, on a plane, molesting boys, sounds like the solution to a really perverse game of "Clue"
- r139, so true, r116
- R117 here. Thanks for answering my questions. I guess they are not much different than middle and working class pedophiles, only more money and power is at stake. A working or middle class man might 'infiltrate' a single-mother family or a sports team to get victims, while these rich men use their connections to infiltrate the board of Boystown or Second Mile.
Here's a link to a documentary about a poor/working class pedophile, and the pain and destruction he caused.
I'm beginning to think that any man who willingly puts himself in contact with kids is suspect. Jerry Sandusky didn't have to go into the shower with the boys. A man doesn't have to be actively involved with a children's charity, he could just give them money, or choose to support another cause.
- Not all such men, but many, sadly.
Priests, boy scout leaders, youth pastors, coaches....
- Sadly i agree r142. Especially men who work with 'at-risk' and fatherless boys, who seem to get especially targeted.
- [quote]I'm beginning to think that any man who willingly puts himself in contact with kids is suspect
It's a shame that this has become the prevailing attitude, preventing a lot of decent men from mentoring kids who need it. As a single gay man, I am very aware when I am around kids and make sure to never be alone or behind closed doors with them. I would never hurt a kid and I find it sad that I feel the need to be so hyper aware but I don't want there to be any questions or false accusations. Too many people still make the "gay = child molester" assumption to not be hypervigilant about it.
- Yeah r144. Did you see the movie The Green (2011)? The guy is gay but with everything that's being exposed in the last 2 decades, I suspect any adult man (and even teenager) around kids.
It's sad that it has come to this.
- Okay, I'm going to sound off on this. I went to Penn State, met Joepa, knew a few football players, and, all in all, totally understand the entire "Happy Valley" vibe. In addition, I spent 30 years teaching middle school children and had my share of dealing with child abuse cases. There is nothing in me which will ever understand a pedophile. As a victim of abuse, physical, not sexual, I have no tolerance nor understanding of any child abuser. That being said, I can readily understand how those who are not DIRECTLY involved can hide their eyes. No one wants to believe that such a thing is possible, especially in a rarified atmosphere as exists at Penn State. For what it's worth, a charming naivete permeates the entire region. Was this a much needed wake-up call? Probably, but I will still yearn for an innocence lost.
- Sadly we have to accept the fact that we all are agenda driven beings who look out for our own advantage. You look quite suspicious when you help people (and that includes kids) without it being clear what kind of benefit you get out of it.
That's why I don't believe people when they claim to see only the good in people and a whole town like Penn State going 'oh, we did not know what was going on. He seemed like such a nice guy helping those kids'.
A jerk is a jerk (You get what you see). A guy who helps other people (including kids) without asking for something in return? Oh-oh, something's fishy!
- My Dad was always nice to kids because he endured foster care when growing up. His thing was to pass out candy every day to all the kids on the street when he got home from work. It was basically the same thing as feeding birds, but it wasn't viewed that way after McMartin.
Many people have already noted this, starting in the 80s and continuing until now -- we insist men be nice to children (instead of usually ignoring them,as they did before) but then we get suspicious if they are.
As for me, I still remember an after school Coach who welcomed my sister and me to his after school program. We were new to the neighborhood and welcomes were sparse, but he welcomed us and gave us a magical year of caroms and tetherball and all sorts of other exotic pursuits we had never before enjoyed. As he taught us to play these games, we were not unsupervised as we would now be deemed -- he supervised us, and we were all happy. Looking back, the guy just liked being with kids, in the same way that some us up prefer jobs where there is much interpersonal relating or none at all. He liked tetherball in the same way some of us like deriving equations or finding loopholes in contracts.
We all lived in a world where there was room for people like him, and if there were also men who took advantage of such an open world, in those years, the world wasn't penalized. Concern was the default, not hysteria.
- Get these motherfucking pedophiles off my motherfucking plane!
- There are men like your father and coach, R148, who just want to be a positive influence in kids' lives, something a lot of children desperately need. I am not suspicious of those men. It's the men who would use the candy to lure children to their homes, or the coaches who go on to massage or shower with kids who twist being a positive influence into something sinister and selfish. But it's hard to tell the noble from the sinister, so we are suspicious of all men who work with children.
- it sickens me that the incidence of child molesting just seems to be so much more frequent than I would have liked to believe. It makes me dislike men in general.
- yes, at-risk boys do not need father figures and any man working with kids is a pedo!
- Getting back to the earlier Romney references in this thread, I have no idea what, if any relatinship Romney would ever have to reform school type camps for young children.
But I do know in almost every case that we find of these judgemental, super religious, repressed jackasses like Santorum, Ryan, and Romney, they're hiding something and repressng something whether it is something criminal like pedophilia, or something shameful to them like being gay, or smething they are hypocritical about.
Remember, Spiro Agnew was the "law & order" candidate until he got busted for kickbacks and larceny.
- Sorry r148 but passing out candy to neighborhood kids just seems weird.
I don't get the connection with your dads foster care experience. There are other better ways to give back, e.g. donations to organizations that are really helping foster kids through counseling, educational opportunities, etc. Candy isn't much of a help.
If some neighborhood guy was handing out candy after work to my kids it would be a big red flag.
- Word, r154!
- r117, that is an amazing documentary. I just watched the whole thing.
- [quote]If some neighborhood guy was handing out candy after work to my kids it would be a big red flag.
Now -- not then.
- Even then, it would have been odd behavior. Where do you think the idea of 'strangers with candy' came from?
There wasn't the paranoia about predators we have now, but there most definitely were rumors about how to spot a perv. Some guy handing out candy after work would have made the Avoid list. For good reason.
The fact that he raised his own family to think he was doing it to 'give back' is also very Jerry-esque. Definitely fits a pattern.
- R158 is a member of a victim culture.
Dad wasn't a Stranger With Candy -- he was one of the Dads on the street.
- [quote]The fact that he raised his own family to think he was doing it to 'give back' is also very Jerry-esque. Definitely fits a pattern.
Sorry to say, but this sounds correct. It's not normal. He was getting his needs met, he was not giving back. I worked with a guy who kept a drawer full of candy for all his "favorite gals." He would call them over and ask them to take some candy. Most refused.
- No r159, I'm not a member of victim culture; i think the culture of fear of ridiculous.
Sorry if i'm making you uncomfortable by pointing out behavior that would be a red flag to anyone, especially a parent. Dads on the street i grew up on wouldn't be handing out candy if for no other reason than it's bad for your diet, and your teeth.
I stand by my assertion that if he wanted to help foster kids there are much better ways. Claiming that candy was his way of giving back seems like a big Sandusky-esque smokescreen to divert attention. Just like 'horsing around' at Second Mile.
- [quote]I can readily understand how those who are not DIRECTLY involved can hide their eyes. No one wants to believe that such a thing is possible, especially in a rarified atmosphere as exists at Penn State. For what it's worth, a charming naivete permeates the entire region. Was this a much needed wake-up call? Probably, but I will still yearn for an innocence lost.
I understand what you're driving at, R146 but there is a fatal flaw in your reasoning: the Great Football Patriarch, "JoePa" (who you say you met), was not just naively averting his eyes - he was criminally obstructing justice.
That was what allowed you all to stay in your fool's paradise a little longer.
That "rarified atmosphere" was poisonous.
- penn state people will never get it.
- Taking food from strangers was a BIG taboo when I was growing up back in the Pleistocene era. Not only were we told to be wary of child molesters/kidnappers but there were urban legends about people handing out innocuous-looking treats laced with LSD. We were also heavily discouraged from eating between meals or eating stuff that would rot our teeth. So handing out candy to other people's kids was in itself a mildly taboo thing to be doing, even if you didn't have any ulterior motive.
- it's sad that so many of you think it's terrible that someone gives candy to the kids on their street. He was their neighbor, not some stranger. As previously noted, not everyone who likes being around kids is a pedophile. Would you be saying this if it was some soccer mom giving candy to the kids on the block?
- What kind of parent makes a habit of giving other peoples' kids candy as they pass by the house???
VERY Strange, whatever the decade.
- Sex with a a 10, 11,12 yo, unimaginable. But I could see having sex with a 15, 16, 17 yo. There, I said it.
- Mitt Rmoney was there too?
- Thanks, R1. I've had my stuff re-packaged by the Post.
It feels yucky.
Someday no one will want to pay anyone to get the first original story.
- R145 is a nonsensical idiot but she does represent the dominant culture.
R147 is just a nonsensical idiot who doesn't represent anyone but the sociopaths of America, who don't believe anyone is nice or good.
- Any new development? Or was it successfully swept under the carpet?
It's stories like this one that makes conspiracy tinhats look accurate.
I can only imagine what stuff is kept from the general public's eye *shudder*.
- r171 No need for swearing. Do you have kids? No, I don't believe everybody's bad. In fact, I believe most people are not but when your kids' wellbeing is at stake, you suspect everybody because making a mistake has huge repercussions.
- r171, ever heard of the term 'better safe than sorry?'. I am usually not siding with helicopter parents, but the potential threat of kids being mentally and physically abused makes me kind of paranoid. But of course I am more than willing to apologize to genuinely nice people.
- Yes R173-R174 I have heard those arguments before, with regard to discriminating blacks and an exaggerated fear of crime. Your argument is no different. Children are not that fragile, sexual abuse is not that prevalent (certainly not nearly as prevalent as bullying, which is what you do to the men you know, pretending your justification is your children when it's actually your own ego which is running things).
In fact, based on your hysteria, I'd say you are most likely a mental abuser yourself.
- r176, oh, I get it. You want pedophiles to have free and easy access to kids and none of them should be disturbed by overly suspicious people like r173 / r174.
Yeah, let us all follow r176 advice and let those kids get molested. Hey, we might get surprised and one of them doesn't get fucked. Maybe he was just too ugly, who cares? Let have r176 his way!
- R177, requiring the smelling salts, confirming my posts, as well as my accusation that she is an abusive person.
- [quote]Would you be saying this if it was some soccer mom giving candy to the kids on the block?
Yep, because it's just weird. Unless it's a kid's party or a holiday or something, responsible adults don't sit home handing out candy to the area kids.
- The guy claiming Sandusky and Ed Savitz were part of some super secret pedophile ring has been exposed as a liar (see link). He was on the Dr. Phil show yesterday and the dumbass "Doctor" was treating him like a victim. Which just shows you how little credibility Dr. Phil has, putting this phony on his show without vetting him at all. Sadly some "news" outlets like the Daily Mail, The Huffington Post, and The New York Daily News all treated this guy like his story was legit when he's not even a good liar. You listen to him talk for ten seconds and it's obvious he is lying.
And if you retards bothered to check the Radar Online links, you would realize that the guy claiming he saw Sandusky molest kids on a plane (Why would anyone believe that? You believe he'd molest kids in front of a whole bunch of people on a plane?) has "baggage" and a "tangled" relationship with the Penn State Booster whose plane this supposedly happened on. Sounds like another liar. Not one of the victims ever said anything about Sandusky "sharing" boys or inviting boys to have group sex with others. On the contrary, and his behavior towards the boys was described as clingy and possessive. He wanted the boys for himself.
Some people will believe anything, I guess. Is Stewart Swerdlow posting on this thread?
- R180=Tom Ridge. Flail on, justice is coming for you, bitch.
- r180 what bizarre logic. Just because some guy could be lying about his own involvement doesn't mean Sandusky and Savitz didn't do it. Typical misinformation/discrediting tactics.
As for 'sharing' boys, read some of the stories at the BishopAccountability.org site about the priests who would share boys who were otherwise thought of as disposable.
It's organized crime, pure and simple. It's likely Savitz and Sandusky were hooked into the same rings. When cardinals, bishops, and nationally ranked football coaches looked the other way, why wouldn't a bunch of nobodies on a plane? And who knows, maybe it was a charter filled with men like sandusky.
- "It's likely Savitz and Sandusky were hooked into the same rings"
No, they weren't except according to a raving nutcase that only a moron would believe. Are you Doctor Phil? The only person claiming Savitz and Sandusky were part of a "ring" is batshit crazy liar Greg Bucceroni.
"Typical misinformation/discrediting tactics"
Stating the truth is a discrediting tactic? ROFLMAO.
"As for 'sharing' boys, read some of the stories at the BishopAccountability.org site about the priests who would share boys who were otherwise thought of as disposable."
The same site that treats this liar's stories as if they were real? Ha ha. Wow, you are the most gullible person alive.
- Wow, you certainly have a curiously passionate interest in protecting convicted pedophiles, whitewashing their crimes, and trying to discredit their accusers, r180/r183.
I wonder what motivations you could possibly have? Hmmm. So if Greg Bucceroni says that 2+2 = 4, you also think that's a lie?
- "Wow, you certainly have a curiously passionate interest in protecting convicted pedophiles, whitewashing their crimes, and trying to discredit their accusers"
Wow, you certainly have a passionate interest in defending a crazy liar! Hi, Dr. Phil. Let's admit it - you don't want to admit you got taken in by this guy's lies, right? Do you also believe the moon landing was faked? You seem dumb and gullible enough to believe that.
- I'm saying even if it turns out the guy is a liar, it doesn't mean the crimes weren't committed.
The logic you're using -- smearing a witness, and discounting his accounts because he's a "crazy liar" -- is exactly what pedophile priests do: "Better not tell anyone. Who would believe you? Everyone knows you're a drug addict and a liar."
Makes me wonder.
- meant to say: even if the guy is a liar about the degree of his involvement it doesn't mean it didn't happen at all.
At this point, it's his word against another's, so why do you automatically believe his critics?
Are you a priest?