- Anyone watch the premiere tonight?
I'm afraid it may be the final nail in the coffin of our civilization.
- I wish I had cable for this shit
- That little girl and her mother are repulsive. Toddlers & Tiaras can be an entertaining freak show in small doses. My favorite contestant is MacKenzie Myers, famous for telling her mother stuff like "you're driving me nuts." But she hasn't gotten her own show yet. Another little girl Eden is getting her own show on LOGO. I'd be willing to watch that at least once, see what it's like.
- you don't have cable, r2? do you live underground?
- She's like the Beverly Hillbillies for people who like to laugh at circus freaks.
- The end of the world is very soon
- Is that the normal American family???
- Yes, R8, it is. Everyone in America is exactly like this.
- Honey Boo Boo Child's Family Menu
Frozen hash browns with stick of butter (per person)
left over birthday cake
Lard fried beef jerky
Pink snow balls
- MOTHER MAKE IT STOP!
- I saw the commercial ,and they seem so gross. The ultimate Jerry Springer famliy. Its depressing to me ,and I wouldn't be able to eat any food watching that show because I would puke!
- If this Boo Boo freak becomes an actual star, it'll be interesting to see what happens to her as she grows older. Because she's already fairly ugly, and it's only going to get worse. She'll probably be a has-been by 12.
- I know how we're supposed to react to this freak show. But ask yourself this: Who approves, produces, and markets this sh*t? It isn't Kentucky hillbillies. It's people from the same class of mental midgets in corporate media who pollute the newsstands and airwaves with US Weekly and the Real Housewives and Keeping Up With the Kardashians. You'll never see a reality show making fun of them, though.
- I love that her sister is named Chubette. The number of chins the mother has is very, very hard to watch.
Alana should be dropped in the middle of a sitcom - maybe How I Met Your Mother, say - as the comic relief ala Gary Coleman. She would certainly put Doogie Howser in a snit.
- No R8. This is your average family. This is Southern white trash. As a Southerner myself I find them totally cringeworthy. At least I don't share a state with them.
- Shit should be "not your average family". I wish we had an edit button.
- I watched both episodes last night. Not only did it make me ashamed to be a Southerner, it made me ashamed to be human.
- She hearkens back to homely little Mason Reese, who used to hawk Underwood deviled ham in commercials.
- I honestly don't see how that husband fucks that beast. It's one thing to be fat, but not that fat, and add to that a horrible, obnoxious personality, she's a total 0. He must have no self esteem at all.
- Aww, Glitzy!
- I bet it's a big hit and the ratings were off the charts. It's probably been renewed already for another season.
Snookie, season 5
- This stuff has been going on forever. Reality shows are just the new circus freak side shows.
- "Whar's her BISCUIT?" is my new catchphrase in ANY situation.
- "She has at least 2 or 3 chins....They actually did a weigh-in at the end of the show (all of the females in the household, except for the pregnant daughter) b/c the one daughter (the 15-year-old) wants to lose weight, and Mama Boo Boo weighed over 300 pounds (no surprise there), and Alana/Honey weight almost 70 - and she's only six-years-old!...They have one bathroom for the entire household, and they wash their hair in the kitchen sink (!?!)....They actually did not beat each other up during the show; they attended the annual Redneck Mud Festival (or something like that??), and then they went to a "natural beauty" pageant at the end, where, of course, Honey did not win!"
Report from someone who watched the show. Redneck mud festival. Dear god!!
- I'll watch this when I have to go to a family gathering. Much the way I watch Hoarders when I need to clean my house.
- [quote]"Whar's her BISCUIT?" is my new catchphrase in ANY situation.
Not entirely unrelated: reading the Desperate Living thread convinced me that the producers of this drek-fest could easily be Waters fans, just without all the talent 'n all.
- The little hamlet they live in is just a conglomeration of some houses and 3 or 4 commercial buildings along the road in the middle of the woods. The "town" has a population of 718. I've heard that the whole family (who I have nicknamed "the fat family") is already going around their little burg acting as if they are Brangelina and family and the other people around them are getting fed up fast. They should be careful because in that stretch of the woods if they piss people off too much they're apt to get their house burned down. Them thar rednecks dishes out the cawntry justice!
It will not end well either. This family of cretins actually think this is the beginning of a lifetime of stardom for them. They don't have the intelligence to know that as soon as the interest wears off with the public, as it will, that show will be canceled or not picked back up for the new season and they'll be left in their hick hamlet, deep in debt, with no friends because they've pissed everyone off.
- Well if the Kardashians are stars anything is possible.
- I love the fact that they have to use subtitles even though they're speaking English.
- So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly.
Hills, that is.
Swimmin' pools, movie stars.
- Worst mother in the world.
- By far the most entertaining Tiara Toddler IMO, MacKenzie Myers. She's like a drunk 40 yr old in a 5 yr old's body.
- I am a bit scared watching the show since it sounds and looks like something right out of the movie Deliverance. Any hot guys in this?
- [quote]Any hot guys in this?
No, actually. Even at the Redneck Mud Festival, where there were lots of shirtless men, they were hideous. I mean, skin-crawlingly ugly. I assume it's from a combination of meth use and inbreeding, but I'm not sure.
- I am afraid to ponder why they have so much toilet paper, especially with just one bathroom.
- I guess I was aware that there were warehouses where people bid on pallets of expired food, stuff that Big Lots couldn't use, etc. -- but to see a food auction where they were bidding on things like individual bags of potato chips and a clamshell with five cupcakes inside... Oh, well, more money for the pageant dress!
- Lots of fartin', y'all!
- So if the mother is supposedly in her early 30s and her oldest daughter is 17, she had the kid at what, 15 or 16? Eek.
- How did she even reproduce? What's the father like? He must be pathetic, he looked at the ugliest woman on earth and said, she's good enough for me!
- Mom and Boo Boo daughter are both hideous. Looking and acting. What a sad commentary it is that they have a TV show.
The End is Near
- He's just as ugly and toothless. I'm originally from the South ( and I mean THE SOUTH: Mississippi) and I'm able to decipher some of the most difficult southern dialects (even though I don't have one)but I needed those subtitles. Honey and mother boo boo sound like they are speaking gibberish most of the time.
- I bet the mother eats Lipton Onion Soup dip and lays loose with nasty farts all day long.
Does her partner fuck her fat rolls?
- Okay, so the comparatively average sized daughter is the one nicknamed "Chubbs" in the family?
- A dollah make me hollah honey boo boo child!
- Dr Drew drinks go go juice.
- All those people swimming in the lake with the flesh-eating bacteria warning! WTF!!!
- I'm watching it now as I'm making dinner. What a delightful, precocious child. But I note that trains run through their back yard. It would be tragic if such a darling little girl should be run over. Poor thing tied to the tracks, muzzled.
Tragic. And such a loss.
- I kind of liked the mom based on the promo. She loves her life and doesn't care what anyone else thinks. She's having the last laugh because she's living a life she enjoys. Most people don't. They're too worried about what others are think of them. The happiest people don't give a fuc
- Results when you eat fast food
- These kids are horrible no way should they get a show.
Growing up if we acted like that and talked that way we have been disciplined.
Kids having kids they laugh this stuff off think its cute and pimp their kids out to shows, contest,ect.
Funny how every pageant mom is some 300lbs fugly woman who could have never dreamed of ushering a beauty pageant let alone be in one.
They force their kids into this crap to fill some sick void and the kids run around with entitlement issues.
MacKenzie Myers is Disgusting
- I bet the mom has a leg tattoo.
- A grandmother in her early 30's. Classy times.
- The one at R33 really is repulsive. Far worse than Honey.
And we wonder where all the entitled bitches come from... and these are just the ones on TV. Imagine the epidemic out there.
- I bet they are relatives of Britney Spears. Well, the parents are most likely related. Keepin' it in the family, y'all.
- The etiquette teacher's horror said it all.
- Why does that McKenzie child sound like she's been smoking 3 packs a day for 30 years?
- What does Mama's tramp stamp say?
- A grandmother at 32 years ol
- I admit that she did make me laugh when she said that her pet pig was going to be " a little gay." And then had a fight with her sister about her pig's right to be a little gay.
- Response from YouTube:
" A typical white trash, over weight, uneducated American family.
This is what other countries think all Americans look and act like.
And this is NOT going to help us at all"
- Mike Judge is a modern day Nosferatu.
- So fucking embarrassed: Obviously meant Nostradamus.
- [quote]He must have no self esteem at all.
He lets his wife and kids call him "Sugar Bear". I think that about says it.
- smell Mama's farts
- Western civilization is officially over. That it, we're done.
Make room for the Chinese
- Is sugar bear the girls' father?
- R63, on Datalounge Nosferatu predicts the future and has for at least the last decade I've been coming here. Do you know who will stop the rain?
- Where do they live and if she was 15 when she was fucking Sugar Bear, he was 23 and a pedophile. Gross. Just gross.
- Average American family
- June has gotten even fatter since theToddler& Tiaras episodes like her double chin has doubled and the third and fourth chins began in that amount of time. Is she trying to kill herself? I bet she was pretty before all the weight.
- The mother does seem to have a good attitude about her weight. The thought occurred to me that she's probably happier than many of those rich and botoxed socialite bitches.
- I counted 4 chins.
- R72, no one that fat is happy.
- No one has that many chins just because they're overweight. Even if she were bone thin, she'd still have a prominent gullet.
- How can obese children win pageants?
- Alana isn't obese yet she's just thick. I mean, maybe she's obese on some bmi thing but she doesn't look severely unhealthy just chunky to me. More troubling is the mom hopping her up on red bull and mt dew before every pageant setting her up for substance abuse.
- The mom is...ugh can't even think of it.
- [quote]Even if she were bone thin, she'd still have a prominent gullet.
Maybe that's where she births those babies from. Like a stork.
- Storks puke up their eggs?
- Let's discuss June's rash
- Ah, let's not.
- I lost count trying to figure out the number of chins.
- There. Is. No. Neck.
- Someone desperately needs to kill these fat worthless hillbilly fucks with fire. People like this are why I by and large despise this country...it's fucking embarrassing.
Sometimes eugenics and a little well-thought-out genocide really ARE the answer.
- I'm surprised the dad isn't fat, too. Maybe he's one of those feeders.
- Why does Rich Juzwiak think these people are the best thing ever? Why is he so into trash tv and bad music? Why does he think these things hold cultural value?
- [quote]Why does Rich Juzwiak think these people are the best thing ever? Why is he so into trash tv and bad music? Why does he think these things hold cultural value?
Because it pays the bills, r87. Gawker is a click farm, not Cahiers du Cinema.
- More chins than in the many Chinese buffets she's visited.
- The mom was washing her hair with Soft Soap that was near the kitchen sink.
That child isn't even cute, she is already too chunky.
- What about the show with the 2 headed girl?
- R88, no, he actually thinks these things are quality works of art. He was writing about this crap with adoration for free long before he was gettimg paid to blog.
- [quote]The mom was washing her hair with Soft Soap that was near the kitchen sink.
What does the father do for a living?
- The Gawkerites eviscerated Juzwiak when he once pontificated for 3,000+ words on his whirlwind whoring tour. This odd obsession is one of his lesser offenses according to the Gawker folk... They probably are willing to overlook it.
- R91, they should double date the dwarf Zac and his normal height twin brother from that other freakshow.
- I don't know who this Rich person is, but I get the feeling people like him love these types of show because it's an ego-boost. He can look down on these people.
- Really, r94? He always came off as prudish to me from fourfour and the pot psychology videos.
- He generally is, R97... After he broke up with his longterm BF, though, he became a big whore. Not necessarily a problem, but his talking endlessly about it was...
- I thought she was worshin' her hair with Suave.
- I'm surprised she worshes her harr at all. She is absolutely repulsive, the walking definition of "white trash."
- Sugar Bear likes his dick good and hard while he feeds Mama some sort of fried fast food, then he eats her pussy for about 10 minutes than starts to refeed that HOG, after she squirts they all go slid in the mud....yummy
- Sure June has many chins down under
- I am a bit scared watching the show since it sounds and looks like something right out of the movie Deliverance. Any hot guys in this?
R34, that is a good one! LOL!
I bet they are relatives of Britney Spears. Well, the parents are most likely related. Keepin' it in the family, y'all.
R55, I was thinking the same thing about Britney Spears! LOL!
I grew up in a tiny apartment with my brother and mother. My parents were divorced ,but my dad came over and visited us now and then. We only had one bathroom in the apartment so of course we had to share. It wasn't our choice that we were working class and financially struggling. If it was our choice, we wouldn't have lived in a tiny apartment.There was just no way we could afford a house to live in nor rent.
Also, it is not unusual for people to wash their hair in the Kitchen sink. If one of us were in a hurry to go to school or work, we would wash our hair quickly in the kitchen sink with nothing in nor around the sink of course. After one of us washed our hair, we scrubbed the kitchen sink with bleach thoroughly. Aside from that, there wasn't hair all over the place at all. Over all our apartment was always extremely clean and we grew up not tolerating any filth nor mess. Everything was scrubbed, polished, etc. My grandmother used to say that just because you are poor, dose not mean it is an excuse for being unclean barbecue soap and water is there to be used by everyone!
Like hell were we remotely like these people on this show ,and we knew many other working class people who were not like these people in the slightest degree. On the contrary, these people on this show are just trash that is horrifying and disturbing! I do feel sorry for the children though. Crass behavior of any kind was not tolerated by my parents, and we were always well groomed and used everyday polite etiquette.
BTW, I think TLC is one of the grossest, trashiest TV stations around. I know of some people who said they stopped watching TLC because its just a piece of junk and sinking to low levels.
- Wenz I am n a hurrez I shit in the kitchen sink
- Wow. Compared to this the Reality TV shows on VH1 and Bravo look and feel like a visit at Carnegi Mellon (University).
- TLC has always been trashy, they put on the first Palin reality show. They cater to red-staters.
- Why does America have shows like that?
- Because, for some inexplicable reason, we are drawn to train wrecks and circus freaks.
- R17 same reason the UK has shows featuring hugely fat people and what they consume. Sideshow freaks.
- [quote]What does Mama's tramp stamp say?
She's so fucking fat that's a trampoline stamp. And mama boo boo is a giant talking thumb.
- The etiquette teacher looked like she wanted to drink cyanide after dealing with them.
- [quote] TLC has always been trashy
Not true. There was a time when they had excellent educational shows. Much like when A&E actually stood for Arts and Entertainment.
- Yes, it stands for The Learning Channel.
- [quote]What does Mama's tramp stamp say?
- Mama Boo Boo beeps when she walks backwards.
- I happened upon this sick mess yesterday while channel surfing. All I can think about is the rich fucks at TLC who are exploiting these backwoods, uneducated, dirt poor people for everything its worth. Imagine what is going to become of that child as she grows up. She hasn't a chance in hell. I found it sad, not funny.
- Oh c'mon. They are far from "dirt poor." Did you see the stock piles of groceries? They certainly have plenty of food---there's no denying that. Papa bear has an ATV. Plus, they participate in those stupid child beauty pageants that cost thousands.
Hate to break it to ya, R116, but that kid never had a "chance in hell" of being anything but white trash way before the cameras started rolling.
- Something tells me Mama Boo Boo is an extreme couponer. From the clips I saw of the house they have not sense of style or taste either. One big, drab sectional shoved against the wall with little to no artwork.
- Thank God there's no artwork R118. I can't imagine what that might be. I'm actually a little impressed that their interior decorating is somewhat subdued and plain. Usually white trash has all manner of tchotchkes strewn about, mounted moose heads on the walls, redneck wagon wheel coffee tables, etc.
- I have tchotchkes but they are all things I picked up on trips mainly confined to a few shelves. Is that considered tacky? No mooseheads or wagon wheel tables though.
- Post a picture so I can evaluate, R120. There is a very fine line.
- [quote]Something tells me Mama Boo Boo is an extreme couponer.
She is. They showed that on "Toddlers and Tiaras."
Or, as Honey Boo Boo put it:
"My mama nickname is... COUPON QUEEN!"
- Mama Boo Boo the Hutt explains how extreme couponing works. Try not to be hypnotized by the bouncing chins.
- a dolla makes me holla!
- Funny, R115.
- Wait how old was the dad when he was fucking the mom?
- I watched R115's link. I will probably be burned for this, but I actually think the mother may have been attractive when she was younger (and thinner). The fat hides her facial structure.
- Found out a little tidbit about this bunch from a friend whose sister works for TLC. The coupon queen mother is a complete fraud. Yes, she coupons as much or more than anyone, but that huge haul of merchandise in her "couponing room" was all brought in by TLC to make it look like she's a couponing magician.
The family has also been told to redneck it up as much as humanly possible (as if they would have to). The picture being put out now of the whole family sitting on the front porch was well crafted by TLC who posed each of the nitwits in the most damning pose possible. They wanted to make them all look like retarded mouth breathing cretins (again, as if they would have to).
- R127 We already addressed the age issue!
- they are all truly disgusting.
mama boo boo needs to lose 200 pounds.
- Of course it's staged, they probably already have enough money to move to a better place. If there's a 2nd season, then it's really going to be obvious they're living in staged squalor. The Beverly Hillbillies parallel will have to become more obvious with them moving into a mansion with a cement pond.
- Why would anyone allow themselves to be portrayed like that? Are people that desperate for fame and money?
- Yeah, I did think it was a little suspicious the way Mama Boo Boo had an immaculate room set up with all the paper towels and TP in neat little rows on shelves. You don't see that kind of organization/order in a typical redneck home. I also think TLC cleaned out the house, painted it and brought in the non-descript furniture. Most fat slob rednecks live like hoarders. Boo Boo's home is too clean, uncluttered and stripped down. It looks like a "set."
- It won't for long with a piglet shitting on the carpet.
- I am sure that pet pig is fake, too. No way the family would keep an animal alive that can taste great after it's glazed with beer and put on the grill.
- Are these beauty pageant things more popular with a certain crowd i.e redneck, Nascar, white trash? I ask because in some of the clips I see the parents come across as very, hate to say it, lower working class redneck types and many of the very fat. Very few appear to be your yuppie, college grad, white collar types.
- A grandmother at 32. Live the dream, my friend.
- Are you serious, R137? Your really didn't know that child beauty pageants are the strict domain of trashy southern rednecks?
- Why would I R139? The first time I became aware of this strange world was the JonBenet case and her parents were well to do. I'm from the South too but I guess I was never exposed to them or to very many trashy southern rednecks.
- It is the idle-rich mixed with rednecks, but it's mostly rednecks. T&T has been on for years so it's not news to most.
- "You have to take pride in how you look. Granted, I ain't the most beautimous out the box, but a little paint on this barn, shine it back to its original condition. Cause it shines up like it's brand new." - Mama June
Beautimous?? and please tell me they don't really talk like that and are playing up the stupidity. June, honey, nothing could shine you up like brand new, nothing. What the hell is this "biscuit" they mentioned?
The pig is the only cute thing on this show.
- Beautimus is a total PR fabrication for PR marketing purposes in the hopes for the word to go 'viral' as in 'spread the word'.
- She's only shooting to match the allure of a freshly painted barn after all, beautimous is appropriate.
- Are they mean to anybody?
- When the mom started saying something about because of lack of space they use the sink I thought she was going to say they pee in it.
Bring on the 2 headed girls show!
- For R146
Back in 1996, conjoined twins Abby & Brittany Hensel were first shown off to the world. They appeared on the cover of Life Magazine which was still around. I feel like some years it is sold and other years is disappears. I know when I have seen it now it is all small, but they are usually commemorative issues and not new ones. Anyway, the conjoined twins were also on Oprah. Since then they have turned up now and again and TLC has given them their own reality show. The twins just graduated from college and are looking for a job in the new show. They drive a car. One steers and one brakes. That is crazy. I actually will watch this one because I'm fascinated by how the two work together. They could always open their own restaurant like Greg Kinnear and Matt Damon. I feel like if I saw the twins the first thing I would do is ask them if they saw that movie. Yeah, I know. I'm an idiot.
- I'd ask them what the does if the one is having sex with her fiancee. Does the third wheel feel it to, does she looks the other way, paint her nails, what?
- You know, much (most?) of reality TV really has become the modern equivalent of the freak shows popular around the turn of the century into the 20s and 30s. I had always thought we had evolved so much since then, but I guess not.
These latest shows have completed overtaken the social experiment-type that were first presented by MTV during those early seasons. There is nothing left to learn, it's all about gawking.
- The child is as ugly as the Giudice brood.
- I am not a big reality show person, but I will definitely tune into the double headed girls show out of curiosity. I feel sorry for them but can't help myself rubbernecking at the train wreck.
- Thanks r147
- And MTV was the first one to whore itself out, I might add.
- Does anyone recall when MTV started in with the tv shows instead of just playing music videos. It seems like I remember JJ Jackson and the original VJ's playing softball with musicians for charity and then some kind of dating show(??)
- Mackenzie was a little bitch in that clip.
- I watched this to see what the fuss was about, but it was just intolerable. They're just acting. The kids seem super bratty and it's just not how I want to spend my time! The "auction" for the junk food blew my mind - they really consider that FOOD? Do they eat chips and snack cakes for meals? Dear Lord!! There are other reality shows I love that are equally fake, but this one just has nothing to offer me.
- Amy Roloff needs to visit and share her cooking tips. Michele Duggar can help with shopping trips at the good will.
- [quote]A dolla make me holla!
Nothing like teaching your young daughter expressions a hooker might use. I see two possible futures for this kid. Unwed teen mom on welfare and as fat as her mother or crack whore working the strip.
- Does the train run through the middle of the house?
- OMG the ratings for this were good. Better than what MadMen got.
Little Alana is a star, and Glitzy the Pig is the new snoopy.
- What the fuck is wrong with America? I just had to listen to some morning DJ talk about how she loves this show.
Sometimes I just want to weep for our future.
- America is white trash
- "Here Comes Holy Boo Boo"
- The poster who said this is just a modern sideshow/freakshow is correct.
Add to that the sudden pride the ignorant, stupid, and uneducated are told to feel by their Jesus lovin politicians, and well, you get this.
- They are happy.
They love each other.
They aren't on welfare.
Let them live their lives. They aren't hurting anybody.
- Beautimous is a real southern word.
It's been around for years.
- "Amy Roloff needs to visit and share her cooking tips. Michele Duggar can help with shopping trips at the good will."
Are you sure they wouldn't try to COOK Amy Roloff?
- Lol @ r167
That old Southern recipe for spit roasted dwarf can't be beat!
- [quote]Does anyone recall when MTV started in with the tv shows instead of just playing music videos. It seems like I remember JJ Jackson and the original VJ's playing softball with musicians for charity and then some kind of dating show(??)
Remote Control with the late Ken Ober was the first show to break format on MTV in 1987. Good show, but I sort of wish it had been the first-and-only.
The PTB at TLC should be ashamed for inflicting this garbage on America. That's especially true of CEO John Hendricks, who founded Discovery/The Learning Channel.
I recall Hendricks was allied with some politicos who wanted to de-fund Public Broadcasting. He maintained that private/corporate interests do this better. Sure, asshole, just watch you edumacate!
- R119, i beg to differ but the decorating "style" which you speak of is normally found in the abodes of what are called "hicks."
White trash, such as Honey Boo Boo and clan, normally don't offer much in home decor other than Camaro posters and/or an American flag thumb tacked to the wall, usually above a couch or sleeping quarters.
- R170 = racist
- R169, I take personal offensemon behalf of all gay people to the word "asshole" being used as a pejorative. I may be a 400 lbs, 65 year old starlette, but I am also very very very easliy offended.
- "I hope Mama doesn't eat Glitzy. She eats every thing else."
- I don't understand why it is called a bisquit. It doesn't look like a bisquit at all.
- Y'all betta redneckonize #honeybooboo
- So all of the girls have different fathers and the momma isn't married to Sugar Bear. Surprise surprise.
- Sugar Bear is sweet
- Does Sugar Bear have any teeth?
- Mama Boo Boo ate his teeth.
- Breakfast of champions, cheese puffs??? What the fuck is going on in America??? Junk and fast foods
- Neck rust!
- [quote]So all of the girls have different fathers and the momma isn't married to Sugar Bear
Is that true? All different fathers? Who would screw her?
- [quote]Who would screw her?
Yeah, how does that even work? I mean the mechanics of it with someone that....large.
- Two words, R183: Turkey baster.
- I'm sorry, but I laughed when she told her mother "You don't know me." I know she's just mimicking, but it was still funny.
- The neck "rust" thing just about had me blowing chunks all over the place. Urf. Oddly enough, I was going to jokingly post the other day, "I wonder what June's chins taste like?" I think now we know.
- Ok its disgusting but funny as hell , lets face it . What is a bisquit ? must of missed that ..
Honey Boo Boo is a riot and I think shes cute , in her own way . I read somewhere that for the big ratings sweep week they are going to show the Mama's forklift toes and the crust in her neck rolls .
- R187 a biscuit is what fat Mama June calls her daughters vag's.
- Now that is disgusting
- Holy shit, R176!!!! LMAO!!!! I can see a tie-in with the two shows Honey Boo Boo's family can invite the Roloffs over and cook Amy, Matt, and the retarded dwarf son.
- [quote] Yeah, how does that even work? I mean the mechanics of it with someone that....large.
You roll her in flour to find the wet spot
- The National Enquirer is reporting that Honey Boo Boo was dancing on a table in a bar ("mom June defended her daughter’s actions by explaining that it was a college bar, not a “sleazy” one") -- and that Chickadee gives birth to a baby with "two right thumbs."
- I thought the "biscuit" was her stomach pooch that she grabs a hold of and shows off during her beauty pageant routines.
- Nope the biscuit is another term for vajayjay.
Mama June says because it looks like a biscuit opened up.
- Two right thumbs?
- What's wrong with Sugar Bear's mouth? Does he not have teeth? If so, how does somebody that (relatively) young lose so many teeth?
I do not understand Southern culture at all.
- [quote] Two right thumbs?
At least she HAS thumbs
- [quote[ What's wrong with Sugar Bear's mouth? Does he not have teeth? If so, how does somebody that (relatively) young lose so many teeth?
Likely genetics, poor dental hygiene and lack of dental insurance.
- LOL, R197 (that was one of the funniest threads ever)
- Two right thumbs is pretty strange but I have heard of two pinkies - they tie it off with string until it falls off - not kidding , it usually has no bone . Maybe they will feed it to Glitzy !
- SB also chews tabacky, which makes his dental train wreck even worse.
- I think he does have teeth, but he chews tobacco which makes his mouth look weird. He was spitting it into a bottle in the most recent episode.
- If he chews tobacco, there's a world of rot in there.
- I didn't notice him chewing tobacco, that would definitely explain the jacked mouth and no teefs. That shit will ruin anyone's mouth. I am so embarrassed that I watched this show, but I couldn't look away from Mama June and her many jiggling chins.
- Is there any lesbians on this thread?
I just don't see how my lady parts look like a bisquit, but I admit I don't check it out often or anyone else's.
Any insight? at any time does it resemble a bisquit?
I really am perplexed.
- Mama June smothers her biscuit with ham smoke flavoring when Sugar Bear is good and drunk and dives down to eat her out
- Is this what an American host family will be like?
- I thought that "Idiocracy" was fiction. Guess not.
- One bathroom with five massive dumps
- Five? I'm counting six, R209.
- I just saw the commercial with the daughter and some piglet on her bed. That piglet was just too cute! I feel sorry for that piglet whose owners are this repulsive famliy.
- I'm a glitz pag Dad! Get so excited when I do our little Chapperellia's make-up, hair, and I even make her stunning outfits and teach her the runway walk! She is seven now, and won her first Queen Supreme title! I fainted!!!!
Chapprellia's favorite food is tater tots with cheese wiz along her Mamaw's cool whip delight.
"is there" really? You need to take a semester of ESL classes before you attempt to communicate in English again. And I really hope you're under 15 years old and from a country which has a language so different than English, like Russia or China, that an error of that kind could even be excusable. If you're American and an adult, you should do the rest of us a favor by taking a nap on a highway.
- I want one of those dwarf pigs. They are adorable.
- "Them thar rednecks dishes out the cawntry justice!"
I think you mean CUNTRY justice.
- [quote]I want one of those dwarf pigs. They are adorable.
There is no such thing as a "dwarf" pig or a "pocket" pig. They do not stay that small and end up abandoned when the stupid owners, like these slobs, figure that out.
Now idiot rednecks everywhere will think this is a good idea. Pigs are very intelligent creatures and what happens to them is very sad. Most of these will end up euthanized when the idiots that spend a fortune on them find out the local ordinance doesn't allow for farm animals or the parent pigs they saw are not full grown adults.
- I tuned in fully prepared to gawk in horror for a few minutes and then come here for some amusing snark.
I ended up thinking, "these people are happy. What business is it of mine that they look and live like this?"
Frankly, they're less repulsive to me that Romney and Ryan. THAT is what's really scary.
- [quote]Frankly, they're less repulsive to me that Romney and Ryan. THAT is what's really scary.
R217, if these people don't repulse you, you have something wrong with your head.
They're disgusting, and they made it everyone's business when they took it to the airwaves.
I'm sorry to say that I do not find them more repulsive than Romney and Ryan, and I hate those two jackoffs.
- R217 those fat fucks will most likely vote Romney/Ryan. They are a republican wet dream.
- Uh R219, No you di-int!
- My Irish grandmother grew up dirt poor and lost every tooth by age 30. At least she had dentures, though.
- R218, I didn't say I didn't find them repulsive-- there was ample qualification. That said, they are totally harmless. If only that could be said for R/R. And I'll include Anne in that.
They're rednecks, sure. But their child understands "gay" isn't an insult and no one was horrified by that. I'm going to give them a pass.
I think your idea of repulsive may need adjustment. These fat, cheezball eating hillbillies aren't looking to outlaw your rights while filling their pockets. Get back to me in 2013 and see if you think Romney/Ryan are less offensive.
- Jesus Christ, every thread does not have to turn political. We're discussing a dumb reality show about rednecks here, that your Romney shit to another thread.
- I'm sorry, R223, what?
My point was that these people are getting so much hate (and press), and you one has to ask, why does anyone care? It's a show you can turn off.
- This is Datalounge. I have seen serial killers described as "hot " on here. The worst thing to call someone here is fat. Or old.
- Goodness gracious. Why is everyone being so mean to this family? June seems to care for her family. She spends time with them. Sugar bear works 7 days a week. They love each other. Who are we to judge this family? They don't have to have money or manners to have love for one another.
- Okay, I just watched the first few episodes on youtube. I find it hard to believe that even rednecks are this gross. I've met some rednecks, since I live in the South, and even they have manners. These people are white trash and I mean trash. They burp and fart anytime they feel like it. I can barely understand what the hell they are saying too. Mama June was talking to the camera at one point and burping. She is gross and so is that pumpkin creature who also looks quite slack jawed. Honey Boo Boo is just being taught all their worst characteristics but she is still young enough to be redeemable but I don't hold out much hope. I feel truly sorry for that poor etiquette teacher. I can only assume the producers are telling them to gross it up.
- r226, don't you have some Precious Moments figurines to dust, Grandma? The family's whole shtick is to play up how they're gross hillbillies, get a clue. They're being well-paid for it.
- I saw a commercial for the show and this is one ugly child.
- [quote]They're rednecks, sure. But their child understands "gay" isn't an insult and no one was horrified by that. I'm going to give them a pass.
If you get past the accent, Alana actually expresses well for a six-year-old. She'll likely never get a decent education, but I don't think she's a stupid child.
- I was also struck by how happy they all seem. Not like too dumb to know better, but like they seem to genuinely enjoy being together.
I got kind of a pang when I thought, when's the last time my family and I laughed that much together? And the answer was, maybe never.
- Ignorance is bliss -- and I mean that as a compliment.
- R231, your post got me. Just wanted to say that.
- Believe me, R233, I've thought a lot about the Honey Boo Boo family lately (who knew they'd be thought-provoking, when their combined IQs are probably lower than room temperature).
But partner and I have good jobs, two kids, nice house, rode out the Great Recession, blabbity blabbity blah. We all love each other and all of that, but the lightness and the laughter,the fun that the BooBoos have...just not there.
- Like most reality whores, I bet this time next year she'll be acting high and mighty like her neck crust doesn't stink. Like Theresa Giudice/The Countess/Jill Zarin etc. She'll hold out for a ridiculous amount of money like she's a **SUPERSTAH**
...don't you know who I am???
- My friend was just saying that other day that Honey Boo Boo is actually more articulate than Ryan Lochte. He might have the looks and gold medals, but she would probably win if they competed in a debate with one another. (I know, I know. What fucked up world would that happen in?)
- Lochte is dumb and inarticulate, but he is also a very gifted athlete who reached the highest levels of achievement through decades of hard work, discipline and dedication.
What has this Boo Boo woman ever achieved?
- Um, maybe stringing together a sentence. Even if it is about Glitzy the Pig, she sounds smarter than Ryan. And the kid is 7!
- Holy crap that commercial they're playing now is killing me. Who is the Mama? June? Is that her going down the slide?
Jesus Lord God Almighty.
- June is Mama, yes.
- That's what's kind of nice about the show. It's dumb silliness about rednecks...but at heart it's really about a family that loves each other having a good time.
- R20, the hubby baby daddy is extreeeeeeemely passive. He's overwhelmed by this crazy fame-ho and would be suffocated by all the females if he ever tried to leave.
She completes him.
- Can I smell June's farts please
- I really thought somebody with that many chins would be fatter
- Like I've said r245, I don't think her freakishly enlarged gullet is just a matter of her obesity. Even if thin she'd have a double chin, just less pronounced.
- Does June's Vag have triple chins? With little hairs?
- I don't want to watch any more, so can someone tell me why they want to get rid of Glitzy?
- [quote]I don't want to watch any more, so can someone tell me why they want to get rid of Glitzy?
They said that they couldn't devote the time and attention required to properly care for Glitzy, who was sent back to Posh Pigs. Boo Boo cried while her parents sat and watched her. The sisters were glad that Glitzy was gone.
I have little doubt that the producers introduced the idea and found the pig.
- R249 The really ate the pig
- To everyone saying "oh, they have fun" I see a family of animals practically destroying their house with pillow fights and rolling around in mud. Have they had a food fight yet?
- All I will say is that as a black person who has to watch countless "coons on parade" from local news get viral fame as well as an ungodly amount of stereotypes when I do see black people on tv, I'm glad to see white trash finally get some airtime.
I guess it's not all big city high rises and designer clothes....
- R252, I do agree that this will provide an awakening for a good many people.
- Does June have a hairy ass crack?
- The Mama is fake cheerful. When the camera's off things are different.
- How tall is Honey Boo Boo's 300 lb mom?
- She's around 4'3".
- Did anyone see the photos of the daughter's new baby being given a pacifier dipped in Mountain Dew?
The baby is only one month old...the teenaged mom and her sister were sitting next to each other at a pageant. The sister dipped the pacifier into a can of soda, then gave it to the baby.
- Yes, I saw it R258. Another fat kid with bad teeth in the making.
- R258 Mountain Dew is the breast milk of the South you fool
- Can somebody start a thread for Abby & Brittany?
- Meet momma boo boo's former mens.
- "Gonna smell like poo when she poots." --HBBC
- "That's the second thing (losing weight) beside my butthole piercing."
- I can actually tolerate the mama boo boo but I want to smack the shit out of that little ugly kid. She's going to be a miserable human being. Mama seems like she might be fun if she wasn't obsessed with pagents and coupons.
- All this farting is too much.
- Wow the bald baby daddy is kinda hot
- So um anyone see the "Forklift foot" episode? *shudders*
- The farting is probably added by the sound department, and a sign of how fake it is. They might as well call it Gross Hillbillies because that's the show they're putting on. And I have no problem with them getting rich this way, they won the lottery and they don't seem evil, so good for them. But after watching it for 10 minutes, I don't need to see anymore.
- I wasn't surprised at all that Mama June's four girls all have different fathers.
- I can't believe Mama is only in her early 30's. She looks like she's well into her 40's.
- R271, hon, I'm 48 and she still looks older than me. As far as different baby daddies how does she find men to fuck her?
- Mama June is a grandmother at 32. She dreamed the dream, and made it happen.
- I did think it was cute when Mama told Honey Boo Boo that the baby was going to be "bakin" for a little while longer and the confused child looked at the camera guy quizzically asking, "Bacon?". I wonder if they instructed her not to look at the camera.
- June and Sex???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
- Congrats Honey!!!! You pulled higher ratings than Paul Ryan on Wednesday.
- Her forklift foot had bugs around it. WTF that is not right.
- The forklift foot was soooo much worse than I had prepared myself to see. There were actual gnats crawling around the big toe. She should take some of the money being spent on pageants and get that thing checked out. I wonder if Sugar Bear had ever sucked her toes? ***shudders***
- Okay I'm confused. I've had injuries before and scars etc, but nothing that gnats crawl around. WTF is that caused by?
- Can't wait til Wednesday night!
- Any Fellow LISW, here? This family seems pretty well adjusted iimhp. Alana is a extroverted type who seems to love performing. Mom seems to be trying to channel Alana's energy into an appropriate direction.
I find the family rather likable and genuine. It will be interesting to see how the show will affect them.
- Holy crap June going down that water park ride was one of the funniest things I ever saw.
- I know I shouldn't watch the show, but after watching sugar bear put up the pool. I couldn't stop. The redneck games make me happy to be an Ohioan. Next week well I can't wait.
- I lost interest when they reacted to the piglet pooping on the supper table by adding cheese and eating it.
- I loved the proprietor of SHH IT'S A WIG.
- "Why can't my sides be meat?" -HBB
- Honey Boo Boo is rather mature at times and insightful.
- I like this family better than the Kardashians.
- Yeah After watching a couple of episodes bored one day there pretty harmless and seem like cool people.
Kind of like them
- Honey is just adorable.
- I think Honey Boo Boo is actually pretty smart for her age (especially given her upbringing), and I think June is one of the canniest family reality stars since Sharon Osborne made herself famous out of nothing at all. It may have HBB's name in the title, but it's become June's show and I have the sense she'll milk it for what it's worth when it's renewed for Season 2.
- June is a black man's wet dream
- Black men like ass, think Beyonce or Kim Kardashian. Not This!
- R293 99.99% black men have June look-a-likes
- someone needs to market some Go Go Juice.
- I think Jennifer Granholm is drinking Go Go Juice.
- These people gross me out.
- Where's John Mark Kerr when you need him...
- Sooo, Honey Boo Boo (a.k.a. Alana Thompson, a.k.a Joy Child) was on Anderson Cooper’s daytime talk show again (the last time she outed him as gay before he actually came out himself.)
I missed it because my DVR is set to Anderson, but it’s now called Anderson Live, but what I didn’t miss was this wonderful clip below of Honey Boo Boo taking OVER the interview with her mom without saying a word.
It’s Honey Boo Boo style, you better Redneckonize.
- Why do they call it "The Learning Channel"? Seems like every show features some group of low-life freaks who have never seen a day of school in their lives.
This kind of shit is abominable.
- They're cute, they're funny...they're also raising YOUR insurance rates with their rampant promotion of obesity and gluttony.
- new episode in NINE MINUTES!
- It smells like A-S-S and it's Pumpkin!" #HoneyBooBoo
- Sketti butter & catsup!0
- June has anal discharge again tonight, guess I can't eat her out
- Babies don't come outta yer butt, they come outta yer biscuit!
This is the most quotable show since "Seinfeld."
- Toddlers & Tiaras is kiddie porn and these "mothers" need to have their daughters taken from them. Anyone who finds this garbage "entertaining" has a child fetish.
- Honey Boo Boo: Ratings soar, as does criticism
September 13, 2012 - 10:08 am
Decrease Increase Text size
Honey Boo Boo,
MCINTYRE, Ga. (AP) - The reality show "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" has been a ratings winner in recent weeks, capitalizing on redneck stereotypes and the oversized personality of a 6-year-old beauty pageant regular. But some who live nearby are concerned about the way their quiet pocket of central Georgia is being portrayed on the TLC series.
The show centers around Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson, her mother June Shannon and their family. The round-cheeked second-grader, who previously appeared on the TLC show "Toddlers & Tiaras," has a penchant for outrageous catchphrases - "A dolla makes me holla!" and "You better redneckognize!" - that have gone viral and raised some eyebrows.
Yet as the show attracts healthy audiences for a TLC series - from two to three million weekly - it has also drawn strong reactions. Some say it exploits and mocks small-town people and perpetuates offensive stereotypes of life in the South. Others criticize the parenting involved. Still others insist the series shows a loving family that doesn't let outside opinions bother them.
In an interview with The Associated Press this week, Alana said filming the show was fun because she got to do things she doesn't always get to do, like going to a water park. Her mother said the family has enjoyed doing the show and believes the way it's edited portrays their unscripted life fairly and accurately.
"This is who she is," Shannon said as her daughter interrupted her with silly jokes and giggles. "This is her everyday life. She's got her own little personality, especially like when the cameras come on and when she's got attention."
Alana, who turned 7 late last month after filming ended, was friendly and playful, though a bit distracted, during her second national media interview of the day. Like so many kids her age, she likes to be the center of attention, and when she said or did something funny, she'd look around to gauge the reaction of those around her.
She whined to her mother about not wanting to go to school, but finally headed out the door to join her classmates in a tan dress and strappy silver sandals with little heels.
The tiny town of McIntyre is nestled in a rural county that is a major exporter of kaolin, a chalky clay used in a wide range of products, including cosmetics, medicines, catalytic converters for vehicles and heat shields on space shuttles. The town's population is around 650 and nearly 40 percent of the families had an income that put them below the poverty level, according to 2010 Census numbers. Main Street stretches for about three blocks and features a small handful of businesses.
The show has portrayed the area unfairly, choosing to fixate on shots of junk cars, garbage dumps and stray animals, Wilkinson County Chamber of Commerce president Jonathan Jackson said in a statement, adding that he'd like to see more of the region's positive attributes on the air.
"You can't very well ask and expect a television network to possess tact and taste - unless it makes them a dollar," he said.
Among the more than two dozen locals approached by the AP, the most common reaction to the series was that, for better or worse, it has "put McIntyre on the map." Many said they watch and enjoy the show, though most didn't necessarily think it represents the way most people in the area live.
"I don't mind it, it's just that it doesn't give a good image for the county since it is a small county, and it's a really family-oriented county, and we are basically, you know, church goers down here, and a lot of the things they do ... we don't agree with it," said Carolyn Snead, a McIntyre resident who works as a tax preparer. But she thinks Alana is funny and adorable and that if the show helps her succeed, it's worthwhile.
- "I can't wait until Pumpkin pops that baby out of her moon pie!"
-Honey Boo Boo
- [quote],and we are basically, you know, church goers down here,
Why do these types always say this? Who gives a shit if you go to church or not?
- My cunt really hurts tonight, need Sugar Bear to fix it
- Would you wait in line? I sure would. Love that she now has a bodyguard.
- You people are the rude and nasty people. I would rather hang out with them anytime. OVER YOUR UGLY demeaners. As far as mental issues, I have a son with special needs and he has better manners than any of you. I would never allow him to be around you hateful people, but would have no problem with him sharing time with this family who obviously are very loving people and seem to truely care about eachother.
- I think they are underpaid by TLC.
- Someone has to be coaching Alana, what young child says her biscuit burns like a motherfucker?
- 2 minutes!
- Miss Georgia has to think she's in the Twilight Zone.
- Goddammit, I just laughed until I wept at Alana's dessert lunch with the very thin and polite Miss Georgia 2011.
- I can't believe that last scene. I thought I would die! And nobody offered a tissue!
- The last scene of tonight's Honey Boo Boo is the reality TV equivalent of the last scene of Pink Flamingos.
And I'm still crying with laughter.
- have mercy!
- OH MY door nuts!
- "Boo Boo Sneeze" is now the #2 trending topic on Twitter in the whole United States.
She's a fucking STAR. Deal with it.
- Only in America.
- what happened in the last scene? I walked the dog
- ha r325, I love it b/c their popularity drives Kris Jenner crazy.
- OH boy, that last scene should go down in tv history, the annals of tv history.
- I am watching this for the first time tonight. Could someone please, for the love of God, explain why there is a need for closed captioning or subtitles on this show? I SPEAK AND UNDERSTAND ENGLISH, DAMMIT! And this will certainly be the last time I view this mess.
- I can't believe the sisters couldn't pool together and buy her SOMETHING.
- omg, just saw the last scene.
Why didn't someone offer a tissue.. that was horrible.
- R314 go back to frauville and I say this as a chick who reads DL. So what happened in the last episode?
- These people live a few seconds away from a train crossing, where the train roars by every hour.
- My sister was howling at that last scene. It was pretty classic.
For those who didn't watch...Honey Boo Boo is outside on a chair giving her "testimonial" and she sneezed and two big snots came hanging out of each nostril and she covered her nose...the camera proceeded to stay on her as she hardly moved at all for the next 20-25 seconds. No one else could be seen or heard.
You couldn't help but feel sorry for her, but laugh at watching her and knowing that she was wondering what she should do...wipe it, remove her hand,...she finally got up and walked away without saying anything.
- Honey Boo Boo is destined to be a future Datalounger.
- Did they show John Mark Karr, masturbating to her yet?
- rednecks eat their snot
- I'm hooked and set the dvr to tape it regularly.
- Saw some of next week show and is Honey Boo Boo Uncle Gay?
- June is doing a cook book based on lard treats
- Yes I think Honey's uncle is gay.
- I'd rather have a happy fun redneck birthday party, and my daddy alive, than a $60k drunken grown up one, with daddy swinging from the rafters 6 months later... Why did I have to be born to such a FABULOUS mother that's so much better than Honey Boo Boo's mom?
- Uncle Poodle was on an episode of [italic]T&T[/italic] and was revealed to have a missing toe when he went with HBB to get a pedicure.
- The snot scene felt exploitative, and that's really saying something on a show like this.
- I gagged, and it looked like she was so embarassed the started to cry?
- They should ask for $20,000 per episode. They are making TLC a mint.
- [quote]For those who didn't watch...Honey Boo Boo is outside on a chair giving her "testimonial" and she sneezed and two big snots came hanging out of each nostril and she covered her nose...
The polite thing to do is cover your face before you sneeze. That family is a bunch of savages with not even basic, every day etiquette.
- I love honey boo boo. I think its amazing that this family isn't scared of showing the world who they really are. Its a lot of american families that live the way they do and they are happy everyday of their life. I for one am very happy to see a reality show that's not about rich ass people flaunting how much money they have. This family is real. I love this show and y'all all need to get a damn life.
- R347--Is that all they get? They should really be getting a bigger cash payment per episode up front, plus be vested in the series and any merchandise, etc.
This show should set everyone in their family up for life--and maybe even the next generation, as modestly as they live.
- I think Uncle Lee is very hot anybody else?
- [quote]Its a lot of american families that live the way they do and they are happy everyday of their life
Oh, double dear.
- I thought Uncle Poodle was cute, but a total mess. He need a lil' bit of help. I wonder how laid he's gonna get from this 15 minutes of fame?
- [quote]I wonder how laid he's gonna get from this 15 minutes of fame?
- He's gay, R354. What's your point?
'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' hits ratings high
TLC is probably pretty pleased right now.
Following the network’s decision to order additional episodes (and “HOLLAday” specials) of “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo,” Wednesday’s mid-season finale earned the series’ highest ratings yet.
A record 2.8 million people tuned in to watch Alana, the former "Toddlers & Tiaras" star, and her family on the reality show’s one-hour episode, according to TV by the Numbers.
“Honey Boo Boo,” which was the source of controversy even before it premiered, has averaged 2.4 million viewers since its August 8 premiere.
- TLC’s rural reality cringefest Here Comes Honey Boo Boo aired its midseason finale to strong ratings Wednesday night.
HCHBB was seen by 2.8 million viewers, up 27 percent from last week, just shy of the show’s series high 2.9 million. Among household ratings, it was the show’s biggest night ever. The performance comes on the heels of TLC ordering more episodes (including holiday specials) of the polarizing-yet-popular show. The new episodes will air sometime later this year.
Incidentally, Honey Boo Boo‘s adults 18-49 demo rating was a 1.4 — matching last night’s rating for NBC’s Summer Olympics-promoted comedy Animal Practice. Should NBC hire Boo Boo and ditch the monkey?
- It's the only decent reality show.
- [On the air] My name is Frank. That's not important. The important question is: who are you? America has become a cruel and vicious place. We reward the shallowest, the dumbest, the meanest and the loudest. We no longer have any common sense of decency. No sense of shame. There is no right and wrong. The worst qualities in people are looked up to and celebrated. Lying and spreading fear is fine as long as you make money doing it. We've become a nation of slogan-saying, bile-spewing hatemongers. We've lost our kindness. We've lost our soul. What have we become? We take the weakest in our society, we hold them up to be ridiculed, laughed at for our sport and entertainment. Laughed at to the point, where they would literally rather kill themselves than live with us anymore.
- I like June. She's salt of the earth and refreshing devoid of pretense. I'd rather spend an hour or two with her at Waffle House than 30 minutes at a press junket with Kim Kardashian.
I'm irritated over the sneezing. She clearly has untreated allergies. give her some fluticasone and stop making fun of her regular sneezing.
I truly hope they get representation and end up making the same kind of increasing salaries as those losers at Jersey Shore.
- R359 - that doesn't fit this family. Not at all. Anyone who thinks so doesn't get it. They're the anti-Housewives. They're likable. When you look at them, they're more decent than half the reality whores out there. These people represent more of America than we'd like to think, which is probably what makes some people uncomfortable. They're the norm, though. The Real Housewives with their fake lips, fake tits and fake hair are just that - fake. Give me Honey Boo Boo any day. It's too bad more people don't think this way.
- R359 my point was that a percentage of those ratings are from people who do watch the show to mock and make fun of them. Reality tv is popular now because, as Frank says in another speech, it's the new gladiator sport for a dying civilization (us) and instead of christians and captured slaves we laugh at and mock trashy reality stars, talentless dreamers and medical freaks.
- I blame the Commies.
- "I'm so excited I'm about to piss all over myself." - H. Boo Boo
Shhh, it's a poodle.
- R361 Honey I am not a whore, those Boo Boo Honey people are just white trash
- When does new season begin?
- post your pictures and lets see how many chins you all have. the mother just lost a PILE of weight. no need to be mean to little honey booboo's family, its not their fault tv is so hungry for new episodes they are scraping the bottom of the barrel. geez.
- Honey Boo Boo is an absolutely disgusting, gross, in-bred hillbilly freak! Boy is she in for a rude awakening once the media machine stops whoring her out and she actually sees herself in the mirror for what she is...A MONSTER!
- I want to smell June's holes
- "I want to smell June's holes"
I want to lick her neck and taste the flavours.
- I want to taste and smell June's go go juice!
- Yikes. Boo Boo is getting quite large. Don't the pageant circles frown on that?
- She will enter the fat pageant next the little girls of size are beautiful too.
- Honey Boo Boo said of her gay Uncle Poodle "Everyone's a little gay." And she seemed to genuinely love him.
And in an earlier episode with the baby pig, someone said she was going to turn the male pig gay because she kept wanting to dress him up in girls clothes. HBB cheerfully said that you can't turn someone gay, that's the way they are.
What is it about this family and digits. Uncle Poodle has a missing toe, and the new baby has two thumbs on one hand. And let's not even talk about June's forklift feet.
- Except for the Boo boo honey whom I have seen in promos, I've no idea who any of this trash is.
- All you Americans actually like this shit? I wouldn't wipe me ass with this show. I saw some clips on Youtube and was amazed that anyone could find that backwater trash to be appealing.
Disgusted in the UK
- Uh, R376? I would STFU if I were you:
- No R376. If you read this thread you would find the majority are less than enamored of this family.
- "I saw some clips on Youtube and was amazed that anyone could find that backwater trash to be appealing."
Eh, they're better than the Kardashians. Happier too, seemingly.
- America is all white trash
- R380 And what wonderful country are you from?
- How tall is everyone off here comes honey boo boo?
- When does the new season begin?
- "It's been a while since I had road kill in my belly." --HBB
- I believe that tonight Mama June discusses her aversion to "marronnaise," while Honey Boo Boo sits on the kitchen floor, squirting out globs of mayonnaise from a squeeze bottle while wearing filthy socks.
I hate reality TV, and I love this show.
- Best Funeral Ever makes Here Comes Honey Boo Boo look like Masterpiece Theater.
- Tonight we were treated to Chubb picking her nose and eating her booger. Where else could you see that?
- They don't eat butter, R10. Only margarine.
- Best Funeral Ever deserves its own thread.
- "Mama, you look like a really bad Princess Leia."--HBB
- The NAACP should march on TLC headquarters over the horrific Best Funeral Ever. Pure coonery.
- A sleigh casket? TLC has gone too far now.
- This is The Learning Channel, yes?
- Unlike the vicious sows on Bravo's shows, these folks seem happy and full of love for each other. All I'm sayin'.
- Saw a bit last night for the first time and think Uncle Poodle and his family interactions were very sweet.
- Who owns TLC?
- When June had to go pee on the corn maze and then talk about how she had to shake/drip dry, I lost it.
I'm embarrassed to admit it but this show is my secret guilty pleasure. Non stop laughs.
- I hate her. Where's Burke Ramsey when you need him?
- The Best Funeral Ever is the most shoving show ever to air. I still can't get over it. It made Twitter explode last night.
- Honey Boo Boo has been eclipsed by The Best Funeral Ever.
- I could watch Honey Boo Boo all day long. And I have.
- What has our civilization come to? I mean as a southerner as well I am very ashamed of them. Thank god im NOT from Georgia.
- After I heard Uncle Poodle is gay I happened to watch an episode. I am hooked now. It's a fun show. They haven't delved into any serious topic yet.
- I ran out of spaghetti sauce and decided to try SKETTI. It was truly HIDEOUS.
- Not one comment on Mama June's new culinary invention, the Multi-Meal?
"Hands are the best utensils!"
- Poor Uncle Poodle is HIV +.
- Before anyone asks, here is the link.
- I can't watch the show because of all the gross antics of the family. So nasty.
- Uncle Poodle wants his own show. That would be a huge fail.
- Even though Honey Boo Boo is losing her looks, I really enjoyed tonight's show.
- Tonight's Christmas special was good. It was very cute when Honey Boo Boo bought two hairstyling practice heads for her father. It was funny how she packaged them. The package was so much bigger than the heads.
When is the new season going to start?
- All the kids were enormous in the Christmas special. How much time passed between the original taping and these specials? No more multi-meals, girls!
- LOVE the kid, she's absolutely hysterical. The show sucks, her mother's a slob beyond all slobs, her sisters are funny, Uncle Poodle is boring....
But Honey Boo Boo is a STAR!
- Mama June rumored to be on Dancing with the Stars.
- Has DL's interest in HBB ended?
- Someone is shopping nude pics of Uncle Poodle to gossip news outlets. I think his appearances on the show will be even less or he will be totally gone.
- He's so annoying without adding any entertainment value. I won't miss him.
- This show has a limited shelf life as it is so Poodle should try for the best hookups he can get.
Their Xmas episode was one of the best in the series. Surprisingly sweet.
- I thought so too, R419. Although I didn't care for June telling Alana that she wasn't going to "waste money" for a gift for Poodle. Alana clearly loves him and you could see her face drop when June said that. Then, "Maybe we could buy him a book for his birthday."
- Presenteremo un bill, per una tassa al parlamento, sulla gente grassa.
- I heard the Girl Scouts is upset she is selling cookies on Facebook.
- I just read that r422. It seems she is lending her image and including autographed pictures but she is not a girl scout herself. That's fucked up, let her do it and raise the money. Most (even pseudo) celebs wouldn't be willing to do that and it's not like the money is for her. The are saying she can do it if she takes the logo down or something, I would say, fuck you girl scouts, sell your own shit then. They didn't have to be so public about it.
- If a sex tape of June and Sugar Bear were released on the internet, would you watch it?
- Don't open R425's link. It's someone shitting into someone else's mouth.
F & F time!
- Um, R425, you do know that YOU are R425, right?
- I meant R424. I had just seen a pic of shit going into someone's mouth. It affected my vision.
- when is the new season?
- Anyone watch last night's Watch & Sniff premier?
I laughed so hard at Cup-a-Fart because we used to do that as kids and at the giant mess the girls made with margarine in the kitchen.
Poor, poor Sugar Bear.
- Auntie Poodle is an insatiable bottom!!
- It was zany as all get out, Sugar Bear has the patience of Job. Wrestling, go cart racing, butter slip and slide in the house, a little romance, what more does one need. Very funny show.
- I was actually a little stunned to find out that the season premier had a scratch and sniff theme attached to it because when I discovered the show last year and then began to really like it, I realized how it was one thing to watch this family on TV, but it would be entirely impossible to be around them in person because of how terrible all the smells would be. I remember feeling gratitude that you can only see TV and not smell it. Then, scratch & sniff!
- Country Crock Facials!
- This year has me laughing harder than last year.
- ‘Here Comes Honey Boo Boo’ Breaks Ratings Records When Mama June Kinda Ties The Knot
Weddings are crack for female viewers, so it’s maybe no surprise last night’s Here Comes Honey Boo Boo commitment ceremony between Mama June and Sugar Bear clocked that TLC series’ biggest audience ever– 3.2 million viewers – and finished No. 2 in its 9 PM time slot among all TV programs, broadcast or cable, with women 18-34.
The Boo Boo clan closed out its season ranking No. 1 at 9 PM among ad supported cable networks in virtually all key demos. TLC nabbed its biggest audience in the timeslot, and it biggest female demo numbers, since a Trading Spaces: Home for the Holiday telecast in 2002. For the night, TLC enjoyed its biggest overall audience and best female demos since December of ’10. (Shhh–don’t tell Boo Boo fans Mama June recently told Ryan Seacrest she opted for a commitment ceremony versus a traditional wedding because it’s not legally-binding.)
- "We need to have some order around here when it comes to farting."
The doorknob/fart safety game from earlier this season made me laugh so hard. My siblings and I had a similar game when we were kids.
- R435 - they gave TLC those ratings all for $8,0000 per episode. Wow.
- Sugar Bear crying during the wedding was simply beautiful. True love.
- I saw a picture somewhere with June and all the girls wearing anti-LGBT bullying shirts. Love the whole family. People like them exist all over, and besides obvious health concerns (and sketti being gross, having tried it myself), you can see how supportive and loving they are.
- The daughters are just too obnoxious, I can't believe they go to school the next day after these episodes air where they are shaking their fat guts and farting all over the place. I just don't like how disrespectful they are. Poor Sugar Bear.
- I think they turn up the extreme grossness and rudeness for the cameras.
- Kids are mean, I would think the older girls would get mocked for being such pigs.
- It's funny you should mention that, R442. Pumpkin was accoused of bullying two classmates earlier this year:
"Mama June took a can of whoop ass on her daughter after she found out she was cyberbullying two girls in her class ... TMZ has learned.
13-year-old Pumpkin posted 2 cruel Instagram videos last week, ripping into 2 classmates ... calling them fat, ugly and annoying.
What makes it even worse ... 4,000 followers watched Pumpkin rail on the little girls.
The mother of one of the girls got wind of it and blasted Mama June on Facebook, calling her a hypocrite because June has been so active in anti-bullying campaigns.
When June realized what was happening, she went ballistic, and took swift action. For starters, Pumpkin had her Internet privileges yanked. June also ordered her daughter to apologize to all involved.
June tells TMZ ... "My family takes bullying very seriously. I do not tolerate it. As a mom, I jumped in, reached out to the parent and took action."
Pumpkin got the message -- she went back on Instagram, but this time to post an apology.
- I think the girls think they are too cool now, I hope June has saved them money because a few years down the road they will probably all be unwed mothers living in a dump
- (R16) no they are not southern white trash. they are just white.
- Where was Uncle Poodle during the ceremony preparations?? He should have been best man - wtf? Is Poodle camera shy now?
- he has aids
- R445, June has said she is putting all the money the girls make from the show into savings accounts for each of them.
- [quote}13-year-old Pumpkin posted 2 cruel Instagram videos last week, ripping into 2 classmates ... calling them fat, ugly and annoying.
A fat, annoying little twat calling someone else fat and ugly?
- Discovery Communications wishes TLC had a deeper bench to support Honey Boo Boo.
Get Tlc News and alerts free to your inbox
With ratings at nine of the company’s 13 networks up this year in the double-digit range, TLC’s are “kind of flat to down,” said Andy Warren, chief financial officer at the Silver Spring, Md., cable programmer. “TLC has been a challenge for us. It is certainly more choppy than we would like it to be.” He was speaking at an investor conference organized by Goldman Sachs.
Earlier this month, Discovery named Nancy Daniels general manager of the network that gained popularity for such fare as “Jon & Kate Plus 8″ and “Cake Boss.” She replaced Amy Winter, who stepped down in August and is to remain with the network as is exec veep of brand marketing.
Warren expressed hope that TLC, with a new GM at the helm, might develop a broader array of popular programs, rather than one or two shows that do better than the rest of the network’s lineup in capturing viewer fancy.
“We need more consistent delivery” when it comes to programming, he said. TLC has successful shows like “Breaking Amish” and :”Here Comes Honey Boo Boo,” he said, but lesser programming lights “don’t perform as well.”
Warren said the company did not anticipate having to invest additional dollars into TLC programming, but saw a need to develop “more singles and doubles rather than big home runs.”
- When exactly did the The Learning Channel become the Reality Show Channel?
- I can't believe Breaking Amish does so well, it seems so staged
- Anyone have any insight as to why Lee wasn't in the non-wedding episodes?
- I was watching the wedding episode reruns, R454, and noticed Lee was in them, but didn't have any sort of prominence. I wonder if he's just been quietly dropped as a supporting player?
- What is the premise of Breaking Amish? Sounds fake as hell along with that Amish mafia show, which is totally fake because the Amish are complete pacifists for the most part. The Amish eschew most modern technology and avoid outsiders or "worldly" people.
- how much do they get per episode now?
- They're paid in Dollar Tree coupons and buckets of cheese balls.
- No one watch anymore? Anyone see that real estate agent last night? Loved when Honey Boo Boo asked him if he was a poodle.
- how are ratings now?
- How did the show do in the ratings last season?