- Sad to say, he looks as though he might smell cookies...
- Thanks for your opinion, OP, you stereotype.
- Hot chilli Killer.
I don't know why,but mass murder turn me off
- Does Colorado have the death penalty? I'd like to volunteer to choke him to death with my cock.
- Hot enough to burn in hell. You are as sick as the killer, OP. Get help.
- not hot, and gun nuts are all freaks.
- I would say he is more average than hot but, still, I wouldn't kick him out of bed.
- [quote]he might smell cookies...
Are you STILL trying to make that juvenile, idiotic phrase happen?
- What kind of TWISTED FUCK makes a thread about the asshole who has killed so many, saying he's "hot" ??
Ya sick fuck.
- A complete idiot, makes a thread like this.
- OP is probably Brandon.
- This will probably be blamed on paranoid schizophrenia.
- Yep. He looks like a comic book fan. This is what you bitches get for supporting such terrible taste in movies.
- R13 .... we could only WISH this would be the end of every comic book movie and reboot of every comic book movie. Not. Going. To. Happen.
- He's a 24 year old kid. How could all of this been avoided?
- [quote]This is what you bitches get
FUCK YOU, you piece of shit. What the fuck is wrong with you?
How would you like it if your parents (bf, family, whatever) were killed and someone said "That's what you get for being a fag!!"
- Facebook? Has his been located?
- [quote]He's a 24 year old kid.
That right there is part of the problem - When people look at a MAN of 24 as a kid. A 24 year old is not a kid.
- Wasn't there a 3 year old girl shot and killed? That's a little young for a midnight movie.
- major gay face.
- He's a serial killer, you stupid fag.
This is why they hate us...
- Not remotely hot. Average, at best. Plus, he is a crazed mass murderer. That automatically disqualifies him.
Sick, OP, sick.
- I also wondered why no one was equally as outraged or saddened that a 3 month old infant was at a midnight showing of a loud, violent movie as they were that said baby was shot. What the fuck is parenting anymore?
- He looks like that brain-damaged guy from the don't text and drive PSA.
- The son from Breaking Bad?
- Please don't let him be gay... Please don't let him be gay... Please don't let him be gay... Doh!!!
- I'm not condoning his alleged actions. Just saying.
- Careful--there are 30+ James Holmeses in the Denver area.
- He's no Tim McVeigh.
- [quote]Just saying.
People who still say "just saying" are idiots, so I'm not shocked that OP said it.
- You just said it too, R30.
- He looks like a freaking elf, not hot.
Op is looking for reaction.
- He allegedly had dyed his hair red and was calling himself The Joker.
Sounds like he is mentally ill as well as a serial killer.
- R31, you're fucking stupid. Are you 10 years old?
And no, R30 didn't say it. Wow, your stupidity amazes me, R31
- [quote]Just saying.
Didn't we recently have a thread where we pretty much universally agreed that this phrase is childish and passive-aggressive?
- Girls, Girls--You're all stupid.
- I eat shit.
- [quote]Didn't we recently have a thread where we pretty much universally agreed that this phrase is childish and passive-aggressive?
Yes, but OP *is* childish and passive-aggressive.
- High school yearbook photo - wonky eye and everything. You all can have him.
- The Joker has green hair.
- [quote]He allegedly had dyed his hair red and was calling himself The Joker.
The Joker's hair is green, not red.
- With all the threads that get F&Fed for the silliest reasons why is this thread still here?
- He's 6'3, 24 and was going for a phd in neuroscience. The murders are a deal breaker, but if I'd met him before all of this, I would have had little reason to not go balls deep.
I agree that he's a sick fuck, though. Of course I wouldn't fuck him now. Geez.
- It's easy to understand his financial desperation. To drop out of medical school with student loans in the hundreds of thousands of dollars that cannot be cancelled by bankruptcy....
Well there you have it. His life was over.
- So glad you have your priorities now, op.
- uh oh. That's some Major Gayface. Very pretty, actually. Admit it--if that's your type you would have lusted after him if you knew him. Before he went batshit crazy, that is.
- I just saw his high school picture and I guess he did have what some would call, gayface. He is probably a schizophrenic.
- Aurora is not far from Columbine.
- Yep, OP is that loon Brandon. Weirdo.
- Yeah, it looks like OP's type.
- Let's hope it's not the suicidal guy who came to the DL for help a couple days ago.
- He looks like an evil gnome. He's even got horns.
- Oh, come on, for as long as I've been reading DL, which is over a decade now, every single male criminal who gets in the news who's under 60 and has a BMI less than 29 gets at least one thread in which people discuss whether or not they'd do him.
- I wonder why he did it. And he apparently had all types of explosives and booby traps in his apartment. Strange fellow.
Wonder why he was withdrawing from the Univ. of Colorado. I wonder if the Univ. of Colorado will have any culpability in this matter (did they know something about his mental state that should have been brought to the attention of the police, etc.).
- I think he looks like Moriarty on "Sherlock." Who does admittedly have gayface for days.
- Has the media failed by not finding a Charles Manson like picture of the killer? He looks way too nice and preppy, but, does that mean even nice and preppy looking people can be crazy mass murderers?
- he looks like the typical batshit DLer
- [quote]but, does that mean even nice and preppy looking people can be crazy mass murderers?
You sound stupid.
- He's not attractive at all, this eyes look all wrong, they give his face a creepy appearance.
He has major gay face, I wonder if he posted here.
- James EAGAN Holmes
- Looks like a young Lindsey Graham.
- [quote]He said that police arrested the suspect, James Eagan Holmes, 24, a graduate student studying neuroscience at the University of Colorado, by his white Hyundai parked at the back of the theater near the theater’s exit door within minutes of the first calls to 911.
You just know if the car had been black the lamestream media would not have mentioned its color.
- I guessing this guy was on the autism spectrum.
But I DO NOT excuse him for his terrorist act even if he is ill.
At 24, and grown up enough to be a medical student, he was obsessed with comic books. NOT NORMAL.
I realize our culture promotes an infantile state well into adulthood, and many cannot resist the temptations of a prolonged childhood. But normal adults are not that interested in Batman, Spiderman, or the Avengers. Any adult male that references Batman or Spiderman is always an unmarried weirdo who has social problems. Liking comic book characters is one thing, but always talking about them is another, pathological condition.
He is too organized and focused to be schizophrenic. He had a childish, comic-book tantrum and is sadistic as well. Aspergers types can have a mean side to them, even though they don't understand consequences.
He was likely on anti-depressansts as well.
And he's an a-hole
- r58, and you are an idiot for not being able to detect sarcasm.
- Hot? OP, you have extremely low standards. Extremely, extremely low standards.
- Isn't Hyundai owned by anti-gay Kia???
- R8 and your twenty other posts, you need to calm down and knock it off, you hysterical nutbag. You sound like you're about to mow down a theater of your own.
Take your medication.
- [quote]A San Diego woman who identified herself as James Holmes’s mother told ABC News she had awoken unaware of the shooting and had not yet been contacted by the authorities. She immediately expressed concern that her son may have been involved. “You have the right person,” she said, apparently speaking on gut instinct. “I need to call the police… I need to fly out to Colorado.”
A mother knows.
- r53, I was going to say. The second I saw that picture I knew this thread had to exist.
- R23 I personally wouldn't take a 3 month old baby to the cinema but actually they still sleep fairly erratically and you can get away with taking a very small baby places you couldn't take them once they hit about six months. About all they do at that age is eat, sleep, kick and gurgle. They also sleep through virtually anything when asleep and I'm sure the parents weren't expecting a crazed killer to interrupt the film.
- R63 Where the fuck do you get off saying this killer is on the autism spectrum?
You obviously have no idea what your talking about so quit spouting nonsense, blanket statements like yours are what republicans thrive on to spread their hate, before you go off labeling people take a long hard look in the mirror asshole.
- Unless your baby is used to extremely loud noises, I'm surprised if they would sleep through the film. No matter how I look at it, I have no idea why anyone would take a 6 year old. And I'm surprised that a 6 year old would even be allowed into the Batman film.
- Oh for fuck sake. "Batman Killer"?
Media pulled this shit, too, calling it the "Dark Knight Colorado Shootings."
- I've never been to a movie with a 3month old baby in the theatre that doesn't do exactly the opposite of what the parent thinks they'll do.
And when they start their screaming usually midway through the film, the parent usually ass-umes it's intermittent enough for everyone to ignore and not be disturbed by. They are wrong.
- The movie sucked anyway. They didn't miss anything by having to leave early.
- thank you, R5.
OP, seriously, get some help.
- r48, to be accurate, Columbine is pretty much on the complete other side of the Denver metro area. I live in Denver about 5 miles from the Century 16. I know this type of shit can happen anywhere, but it's definitely not a theater I'd choose. Attracts some pretty sketchy clientele. The running joke here is that if you head to Aurora Town Center to shop, you better take your Glock. Apparently Holmes had one Glock on him (along with an AR-15 assault rifle & a 12-gauge shotgun) and another Glock in his car. Will be interesting to see if he obtained the guns legally.
Very sad stuff. Considering the midnight showing, you know most of the fatalities have to be teens or young adults. Thankfully the 3-month old infant has been released from the hospital already. Agree with earlier poster/s on WTF is an infant doing at a midnight opening of any movie, let alone a loud, violent one?
- [quote]Media pulled this shit, too, calling it the "Dark Knight Colorado Shootings."
What do you prefer? "July 20 Aurora Colorado Incident?"
- [quote]Thankfully the 3-month old infant has been released from the hospital already.
Why is it that when children are shot, it's a bigger deal?? Seriously? As though adults are less worthy of life? Such bullshit.
- r21, mass murderer.
The Riddler's hair was red...
- No, R78, how about "Colorado Theater Shooting" or "Aurora, CO Theater Shooting"? Or do you think that would confuse people with the other Colorado theater shootings going on today?
I think he was asperger's because:
1) autism is FAR more common than schizophrenia, so there's a statistical angle
2) he had a very organized mind, enough to be a Ph.D student
3) childish interest in comic book villians/heroes
4) asexual with no friends
5) from California, land of Asperger's
6)I just have a gut feeling
- Fuck your, 'gut feeling', r82. Do some genuine research, moron.
- He spent all day every day listening to Rush Limbaugh and other right wing pundits. Rush told him to hate liberals. Rush told him that Hollywood Liberals were attacking Romney through Bane in The Dark Knight...
that's what my gut tells me.
- Is this another Republican induced shooting, like Gabby Gifford incident?
I didn't mean it...Sarah Palin
- Well, if he was ugly you could understand a bit more.
- C'mon what the fuck is wrong with all of you - - this is a very serious matter and it has affected countless lives in unimaginable ways - I am a Littleton, CO native and this tragic event has resurfaced the events of Columbine and the painful memories associated with it, as well as the shock and horror that comes with trying to make sense of last night's senseless killings - anyone who has poked fun at this is horrible, and has no foundation of ethics or morals - as was the killer - please do not stoop to his level - we need everyone to hold the victims and families of this tragedy in their hearts and minds and not a bunch of immature hateful posts - save those for you tube videos of kittens you disgusting disgraceful inbred fuckwads - die of cancer you fucks.
- Medication Time for R87....medication time....
- Message to James Holmes (and his fuckwad 'idols'):
DEATH PENALTY YOU FUCKING PRICK
I HOPE YOUR FUCKED IN THE ASS BY SATAN'S DICK YOU FUCK.
OH - and to his adoring fans - FUCK YOU EVEN WORSE - you think this is funny? Come to Denver and tell that to anyone - it's easy to hide behind an annonymous thread reply - but like your lack of morals and compassion - the pain is real - and if you were here - you'd understand as we were beating your sorry fucking asses into the fucking ground for making light of such a terrible senseless tragedy. FUCK YOU.
- Orderlies, one more thing: would you also please bring a straitjacket for r89? Thank you.
- Take your meds denvernative, you may be in a state of loons, but you don't have to join them.
I am horrifed by this TERRORIST act and agree with you about asinine jokes.
This bastard needs to be tried on terrorist charges and treated as such.
- FUCK YOU NURSE RATCHET - YOU SICK PATHETIC INSUFFERABLE TWISTED FUCK - YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY - YOU'RE NO BETTER THAN HIM.
ENJOY KNOWING THAT SEETHING HATRED IS BEING DIRECTED TOWARDS YOU AND ALL OTHER PUSSY ANONYMOUS THREADS.
to reiterate - FUCK YOU - I hope you get hit by a fucking mac truck - survive - and get to live and struggle with the pain the rest of your life - that's equivalent to how we all feel here in Colorado.
Thanks for the lack of compassion you fucks.
- Boy, I'm glad I'm behind a screen. Those Denver folk' are nuts.
- So there!
- Senseless, but so many people feel a lack of law. Money authorities like banks, stocks, etc. seem so corrupt and no government potent enough to establish law, that people are beginning to strike out.
- Glad your behind a screen to..or there'd be one more to add to the body count
- Being born in Denver does not give you a special tie to this that the rest of DL lacks.
- R97, I'd say "Oh dear," but you scare me.
- Based on Denvenrative's rants I assume everyone out in CO is a nut-job? Or is he an example of the "sane" ones?
- Get your head out of our ass R63. This has nothing to do with comic books.
- Dear Comedians and Hateful Post-ers...
Please have respect for those affected by this matter.
- r97 - Why don't you direct some of that energy towards gun control? You're using this event to puff yourself up into some self-righteous, self-important fake fury. And you're issuing violent, demented threats to strangers to protest the violent, demented acts this guy acted out on some strangers. You're disgusting and stupid.
- ...I'm gonna wait for this one to come out on netflix...
- I still think he's hot :)
Keep it rollin' people - this is better than Springer!
- Oh wow! Not what I expected! A little off topic. You're all nuts.
- I think he's a member of The Aryan Nation.
- Imagine the poor bastards with the same name?
- Perhaps a Katie Holmes fan. Between this and the divorce...
- James Holmes must be one of the most common names in the states.
- I reserve my judgement for the motivations of this guy's horrible crime for later when all the actual facts are released, because I don't want to look silly by posting frantic comments about possible right wing connections or the easy access to violent themed media when the guy had a completely different backstory.
All I can post about is how horrified I am about what happened.
- I think their divorce was a good thing. Perhaps James here was a scientoligist TOO?
Katie deserves a vacay.
- Madge should quickly releaseBeautiful Killer from mdna and use this guy in her video. She'd be Talk about again.
- He's very attractive. But not hot.
- Is he related to John Holmes?
- Holy cow R63 - you have a really narrow definition of what cosntitutes 'normal' -
Come with me to an F&SF con or Comic Con sometime - and I'll show you lots of high-acheivers who love comics, etc - and still don't go about shotting people.
You need to get out more!
- He looks like a cross between Rose Mcgowan and John Epperson,aka Lipsynka;
- This is why they hate us.
- The fact that he wore a groin protector tells us that he was protecting sizemeat. (Paging Mrs Patrick Campbell...)
I'd bend him over something sturdy.
- Even news outlets are pointing out the fact that he's not ugly:
[quote]A picture of Holmes released on Friday reveals nothing unusual: Instead of a bulletproof vest, he is photographed wearing a burnt-orange crewneck T-shirt. He is a handsome young man with dark hair, sloping and uneven eyebrows and long sideburns. There is a slight smile across his face; stubble covers his chin.
- Ya, OP, I think he's hot too. Too bad he's a mass murderer.
- Well of course they're going to humanize him. It's not like he's Muslim.
- His chin is too big
- Beat me to it, r123.
Sad, but true.
Why aren't they reporting on his motivation and alleged mental state?
If this guy is legally insane, the media won't want to mention it, because it will kill the story.
- He's ugly.
- What a sick, purely evil a**hole to point guns in people's faces and shoot them. Then he is calculating enough to booby-trap his apartment to destroy anyone who enters.
He's a fucking loser who was pissed off because the world would not hand him success. Growing up in that self-contained, rich and entitled commmunity Los Parasite-ass he was counting on an easy ride through life.
He picked a working-class area to shoot at his 'inferiors.' Pig. He figured why should these people get laid on a Friday night when he was so smart and accomplished at school.
Goddamit how does this country breed so many assholes?
- [quote] Why aren't they reporting on his motivation and alleged mental state?
Because it's a mystery. They have talked to former classmates, neighbors, etc., and everyone is baffled. Everyone says he was smart and quiet. Nobody foresaw something like this. His parents probably know a lot about his mental state, but they aren't talking. It will also be interesting to find out why he dropped out of the neuroscience program and if the university had noticed anything odd about him, but those aren't public records.
[quote] If this guy is legally insane, the media won't want to mention it
If he had been declared legally insane, he wouldn't have been allowed to buy the guns. Apparently, the only legal record for him is a speeding ticket.
- r77, the guns were legal, purchased over the last few months. Law enforcement has traced them.
r63, he may not be schizophrenic, but he could be psychotic, or even bi-polar I.
BTW, how common is it in America to buy an assault weapon and ammo at a hunt & tackle shop?
Seriously-genuine question. I'm in Canada, and I wondered if it varied by state or was more in the red states.
- Buying a gun is insane, warning number one.
- My bad, r128, I meant to say "declared legally insane", like Loughner.
Ironically, most people likely to do this are psychopaths, who are not considered insane. These people could easily obtain guns, like Anders Brevik.
I hope it does come out. I just find it hard to believe that no one who came in contact with him noticed anything odd. Of course, if he's as smart as he appears, he probably nuked his on-line presence, or deliberately avoided one in the first place. His undergrad days would be interesting.
- [quote] His undergrad days would be interesting.
This story from the LA Times (link) includes comments from students and teachers who knew him in high school and college. But nothing interesting or revealing. They just describe him as smart and quiet, an honors student who never got into trouble.
- My fear is that he may have been involved in bio-weapons, given his education.
- He'll be someone's bitch in prison. Could possibly see him being a pass-around with the Aryan Brotherhood or skinheads if he isn't held in solitary or protective custody
- He has such gayface that only Andrew Rannells could play him.
- Am I the only one who thinks the younger, coat and tie pic looks nothing like the guy in the mugshot? They've confirmed that's the same guy?
- Media, please stop with the "loner," "recluse" meme. Somebody who plays soccer, runs cross country and spends summers swimming in the neighbor's pool is not a "loner" and not a "recluse."
- So they in fact are checking the theater for a bio-weapon release as the supposed tear-gas acted atypically.
Holmes evidently was a student in this field and worries are that he opted to live to watch his destruction.
All of the theater goers need to be monitored for this
via yahoo news 7 hours ago
- I'm sure he is aryan. So the aryans will protect him.
- Teehee, Aryans....such a lovely lot.
- They havent released his mugshot, R136.
- The mother knew there was something wrong with James. Guys like this are actually really too smart for their own good. Because they're so smart, they look down on and resent everyone else. They resent society at large. They're complete outcasts; withdrawn and anti-social. The anger and resentment builds up and then something like this happens.
The dude isn't attractive at all. He has crazy eyes. There are reports now that he posted on a sex site just a few days ago with the same red hair, asking women would they "see him in prison". He's just another disordered individual who fell through the cracks and has committed an unspeakable tragedy.
- He's probably just another scizophrenic off his meds and listening to Rush Limbaugh and Clear Channel. I hope THAT theater and everyone in it, sues Rush, Clear and Bain Capitol.
- Bravo Anderson for his focus on the victims,refusal to use this guy's name.
Jessica Ghawi's brother was very poised and well spoken and the short interviews with her mother and the boyfriend I saw were heartbreaking.
Both guys very cute. Not the point,just thought I'd mention.
- [quote] The mother knew there was something wrong with James.
I think the quote from the mother is probably being taken out of context. When she was first contacted by the media, she said, "You have the right person." I suspect she meant, "Yes, I am the mother of James Holmes of Aurora." But it's being interpreted (misinterpreted?) as if the mother knew that her son was going to do something awful.
[quote] They're complete outcasts; withdrawn and anti-social.
From the little we've been told about him, it doesn't sound like he was a complete outcast. He had a small circle of friends. In high school he was involved in sports and activities. In college and grad school, he received merit scholarships. College classmates have described him as nice and friendly.
[quote] There are reports now that he posted on a sex site just a few days ago with the same red hair, asking women would they "see him in prison"
The posting on AdultFriendFinder is being investigated, but its authenticity hasn't been confirmed. The police have warned people not to believe everything they read on the web.
- He told police he was the Joker--the Joker used poisons.
This whole bio-weapon angle has me scared--he's a psychopath to the hilt.
- MySpace pic:
- His alleged AdultFriendFinder account with red hair:
- He does have crazy eyes.
- He's Aryan? So he's from India?
Because they're the fucking Aryans.
- More pics:
- NOT cute.
Big hands but small to average penis
- Looking at the pictures, I'm thinking drugs. Meth nd coke. Probably binges of ecstasy. And being a mart guy, he probably viewed his drug use as a path to enlightenment. All of this, I'm guessing, led to a belief of moral superiority.
- He has Big Glock Face.
- [R145] Everything I've read was that James was/is very smart, very introverted, a loner, but that he was nice and kind when he actually did open up to others. He was apart of some different groups, but the same sentiment comes from the mouths of everyone when talking about James, that he was mostly recluse, kept to himself even in social situations.
A lot of the people who are giving their accounts on James are from people who went to school with him in high school, through 2010 when he graduated from Riverside. Obviously the past two, three years, he's gone from an introverted and recluse but nice guy to what he is today.
As far as his mother is concerned, you're probably right in retrospect, but it's definitely quite chilling that she knew the situation unfolding, and supposedly suspected her son was involved, even when authorities did not contact her up to that point and the word that James Holmes committed this tragedy had barely began to make the rounds on the news networks and on the web.
- He's fug but that's irrelevant. The fact that some ppl here think mass murderers and other scum of humanity are "hot", is what's sick.
Get help, psychos!
- Looking for women, 2 women, couples (man and woman). Just dipping that toe in the homosex pool. Fucking presbyterians!
- r127, you've echoed a lot of my thoughts today perfectly. Great post.
r129, I was wondering about the easy availability of the assault rifle as well. I've been to 2 of the 3 stores at which he purchased guns. One is a Bass Pro Shops in Stapleton and another is a Gander Mountain in Aurora. I've gone to each for camping equipment & winter apparel. I view them simply as sporting goods stores. Had no idea one could purchase an assault rifle there. Access to guns in this country is frightening.
The pics of him on AdultFriendFinder with red hair are creepy as fuck.
- Fake Francis, your psychobabble needs some work.
He was not particularly smart, he dropped out of school last month, although for unknown reasons did not vacate his residence.
- A complete pig but I'm still thinking he was greatly influenced by Rush Limbaugh. Warner Brothers should check that angle out. Money from Bain Capitol, let them do some paying.
- r157, when I read it, I took as similar to the Islamist terrorists who went on a strip club binge before 9/11.
It seemed like he wanted to have a really wild time before he committed the murders.
The interesting part to me was the "will you visit me in prison" quote. Why would he want to be taken into custody? McVeigh was a martyr in his own mind, and Loughner was just insane and not rational; otherwise most of them kill themselves.
r159, he was above average to be in a neuroscience grad program. We don't know his grades, which are still not an indicator of intelligence particularly if he had a breakdown.
Right now I don't think there's enough information to even speculate on whether is a psychopath or psychotic.
- I figured it out.
The guy wants a phd in Neuroscience. Now who else do we know that has a phd in Neuroscience?
That's right, that ugly girl who played Blossom.
He has a John Hinkley for Blossom.
In fact when the cops asked him, what do you think is going to happen to you know.
He told them to stand back and he started to dance while singing, "Don't know about the future, that's anybody's guess, but ain't no good reason for getting all depressed...
- Ironic that James looks to be wearing a shirt that could double as a jail shirt - right down to the color. He will not be smirking after a few days, weeks, months in the county jail ...not to mention what awaits him the rest of his life.
I've gotta believe he will end up doing what Craigslist Killer Philip Markoff did to himself in jail.
Satan's Little Helper
- I'm wondering why no one noticed him stockpiling ammo and guns and riot gear for two months. I'm wondering where he learned how to operate an assault rifle. Did he go to a shooting range to fire the Glocks?
His background and lifestyle would indicate he was not familiar with weapons and tear gas cannisters, etc.There had to be something out od sync with the science geek image.
Whe I am "window-shopping" on the ineternet, if I so much as click on a Nissan ad, I get bombarded with ads and e-mails about cars. Same with clothing. Advertisers are tracking me, for food, music,entertainment options, etc.
So if this guy purchased enough ammo to stockpile, why didn't the credit card company notice it? I can understand the gun nuts at the websites not noticing or caring, but when you use your credit card to purchase stuff online, they know and you'd think there would be a way to stop him before something happened.
- R164 you should use ghostery and ad blocker.
- [quote]FUCK YOU NURSE RATCHET - YOU SICK PATHETIC INSUFFERABLE TWISTED FUCK - YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY - YOU'RE NO BETTER THAN HIM.
Sounds like DenverNative needs a just a little TIMEOUT!
Satan's Little Helper
- r164, I heard on the news out here (Denver) last night that it's illegal for any entity to maintain a database or track records for guns and/or ammunition purchases. More lack of common-sense oversight thanks to the NRA lobby of course. Plus UPS & FedEx drivers could give a shit what they're bringing to your door. In this case, those guys were probably giving their hand trucks a workout. Holmes reportedly purchased 6000 rounds of ammunition online.
I wonder if online ammo purchases are like porno or sex toy orders whereby they're packed discreetly with minimal info on the shipper's label. I'm thinking that stuff would constitute "signature required" shipments. No leaving that on the welcome mat!
- Well, it seems like this is absolutely the right time for a case to be made for the FBI or whomever to be able to track certain purchases thru credit card accounts.
Suppose I'm a terrorist and I by shit online using a credit card. Six thousand rounds of ammo? I can see Visa being curious about that.
6,000 rounds is a lot of ammo even if it's spread over two months.
And WTF would anyone need tear gas cannisters or whatever else he bought? That should have been flagged. I know the NRA screams and raises hell, but neither of my suggestions impinge on a person's right to bear arms.
Altho, frankly I woul absolutely make sure that assault weapons were permanently banned. And those cannister things were nothing but bombs, like hand grenades. They should be outlawed. You should need to be a law enforcement professional to get them and they should only be available to institutions, like Police departments.
If that guy had been any luckier, there'd be more than 70 dead bodies today, not 12, which is still terrible.of course we could pass such laws, then sit and watch the NRA bankroll court challenges and win with guys like Scalia, etc. on the bench. But I'd still do it.
- [quote]BTW, how common is it in America to buy an assault weapon and ammo at a hunt & tackle shop?
Seriously-genuine question. I'm in Canada, and I wondered if it varied by state or was more in the red states.
R129, each state makes its own law. I don't know the answer to your red/blue question.
- It would seem like, even if this guy scrubbed his internet accounts, which he probably did, he had to have been communicating with others who would be able to help reconstruct his activities.
He has a computer. He's techno savvy. He was on the internet. He bought things on the internet. So there must be a way. Even if it was something like logging on to a bomb site to read about how to boobytrap his apartment.
I also wonder if he had a library card and what he took out of the library. Was his propsed Dissertaion or masters thesis a ruse? I mean, it's obvious the subject is connected to his crime.
- In America you can buy enough weapons for an army and guess what? No one can keep track of it. Why don't we just call this country, The United States of The NRA?
- [quote] please do not stoop to his level - we need everyone to hold the victims and families of this tragedy in their hearts and minds and not a bunch of immature hateful posts - save those for you tube videos of kittens you disgusting disgraceful inbred fuckwads - die of cancer you fucks.
Thanks for the elevating guidance.
- [quote] Islamist[sic] terrorists
Oh for fuck sake. Try not to sound like an idiot.
- [quote]Guys like this are actually really too smart for their own good. Because they're so smart, they look down on and resent everyone else. They resent society at large.
You're blaming his intelligence?
We know very little, but mental illness and/or sociopathy is the best bet.
- He looks like Chris Martin.
- R172, if you use trolldar on the post you're quoting (R87), you'll see that nutjob was responsible for about 10 posts spanning a range of wacko attitudes. Another day, another DL troll.
- My opinion now is that he really is very intelligent, in a evil sort of way, and that more of his asshole deeds will come to light later.
He's likely killed before, either alone or with an accomplice.
My belief is that he has released a bio-weapon if not in the theater, somewhere else. He could have done this weeks or months ago. He has the capacity to do this.
There are reports that he had an accomplice in the theater who let him in the exit door.
I believe that he dropped out of school for a reason--he had no intention of finishing college, he just wanted access to the ability to create bio-weapons.
Holmes didn't just 'snap,' he has probably been working on this for years.
He is a monster, a home-grown terrorist and calling him a lone psycho glosses over the fact that he may be involved in organized terrorism.
He could very well be part of a group that wants to destroy America. If so, some of the details of his crimes may be kept hidden form us for national security purposes.
- Jesus R177--Learn the difference between deduction and pure speculation.
- There was a witness on one of the news shows and it sounded very much like the witness said Holmes had an accomplice. Perhaps someone who unwittingly openned the door for him. Maybe he told a guy that he forgot something in his car and would the guy, open the door for him, when he came back? I'm just speculating.
- his eyes look like he's possessed.
i don't get how a normal person can just go berserk. It has happened.
He wasn't Jeffrey Dahmer and killing cats when he was young, right?
I've been in Europe (saw Madonna) and really missed the news. just got back.
From what I read, he was quiet, but smart, well-adjusted, normal, just shy.
And then this???
- Rolling my eyes at the nelly nancy Drews.
- He's not as hot as Northern Illinois University Killer
Who was gay also, but he had a girl friend, till he killed all those people and all the guys from Craigslist he had hooked up with told on him
- r73: Oh for fuck sake. "Batman Killer"?
WE ARE TURNING INTO THE DAILY BUGLE.
FICTION IS BECOMING FACT.
- Fuck you, Richard Loeb was the hottest
He was only gay for pay, because that Jewish Leopold would only murder the kid if Loeb let him have his way with him.
I'd have committed any crime, I'm talking MURDER ONE, to be in a cell with Loeb
- "He's a fucking loser who was pissed off because the world would not hand him success. Growing up in that self-contained, rich and entitled commmunity Los Parasite-ass he was counting on an easy ride through life."
ROFLMAO. No one knows why he did this. You're just projecting your own beliefs onto this case. You want to lash out at people you believe are "entitled" and this is giving you the opportunity to do so. You don't know his motive. No one does.
"He picked a working-class area to shoot at his 'inferiors.' Pig. He figured why should these people get laid on a Friday night when he was so smart and accomplished at school."
Well, he CHOSE to live in that area. And what does getting "laid" have to do with anything? People who are getting laid aren't going to a midnight movie screening.
The armchair psychologists on this thread are hilarious - almost as funny as the armchair psychologists on all the Penn State/Jerry Sandusky threads.
- r184, you linked to a picture of Leopold, not Loeb
- I think that he is ugly; sort of crazy looking. Plus, that chin makes him look deformed.
- [quote]I've been in Europe (saw Madonna) and really missed the news. just got back.
Now Madonna is mixed up in this??? Pretty soon Charlie Sheen will confess to his involvement.
Satan's Little Helper
- No mention of Mental Heath Care in America?
- Total tard face. Also, he's got little horns on his head
- Only faggots would create a thread to extol the "sexiness" of a mass murderer.
I've got my fingers crossed that you get your ass kicked by some homophobe, this week. Extra points to him, if he breaks a bone or 2 while he contemptuously spits in your face.
- [quote]WE ARE TURNING INTO THE DAILY BUGLE.
Nerdiest reference of the week.
- R191, time for a little anger management class for you!
Satan's Little Helper
- R193: Noooo! Time some people were investigated. Anyone whos getting hard over a mass murderer, is clearly a shooter-in-waiting.
Once again, I hope a workmans boot meets your face with sufficient impact to rearrange your psychotic brain, like very fucking soon.
That ass kicking could save the lives of the poor movie-goers you no doubt intend to gun down.
- My aunt had a newspaper clipping of Richard Speck right next to a velvet Elvis. I used to rub the velvet. Turns out Speck would have liked a rub too
- [quote]Once again, I hope a workmans boot meets your face with sufficient impact to rearrange your psychotic brain, like very fucking soon
R194, you sound like a 15-year-old psycho-in-the-making posting from the safety of your parents' basement ...and if you don't shape up pronto, we're going to have to take away that 'puter. That's right, you're grounded, young man, no internet & NO HALO for a month!
Satan's Little Helper
- R191/r194 is psychotic.
- Even putting aside the question of good taste completely, the NIU gunman was not hot AT ALL. Total handsy Vacation Bible School teacher-face.
- Yeah, because jerking off to a man who has just committed a massacre sounds completely stable.
You absolutely must have a painful and violent "encounter" that leaves you contemplating the inhumanity of your posts here. Do write to let us know what it feels like to piss blood.
- R197: Thats right, and turning other peoples grief into a masturbation session isnt.
- Anyone have more information about what the mother said? I only read one quote in an ABC news story. Surely, the reporter asked her, "why are you not surprised?"
I want to know why she wasn't surprised by this.
Also, r191, you sound so angry and full of rage. Why would you think it's OK to chide people for being flippant about a violent act when you yourself are hoping horrible violence befalls others? What is wrong with you?
- Why do you say she wasn't surprised, R201?
- Because horrible violence should befall people who are flippant about the murder of innocent people because it interferes with the jerking off.
The difference being THEY (Holmes victims) were innocent and THESE people (fantasising over Holmes) absolutely deserve it to feel some of the fear Holmes victims must have felt.
I do hope whoever does the kicking YouTubes that shit.
- R201, that never happened. The police asked her if the man they had in custody was her son and she ID'd him. You're making shit up.
- R204, 201 is not making it up that at one point GMA posted on their twitter account that the mother had told ABC News that she wasn't surprised. I saw the post, but there was never anything about it on ABC New's twitter feed. The post has been deleted from GMA's feed.
- She said "you have the right person" when asked if she was Holmes' mother.
Several news outlets have chosen to misinterpret that as referring to her son, and not doubting that he would be responsible for such actions.
- They asked her to comfirm that the guy they had in custody was her son, James Eagan Holmes, and she said yes that's him. She never said anything indicating she thought he was a psycho and was just waiting for this to happen. You're spreading fiction.
- Schizophrenia. It manifests itself in people from the teens to the mid-20s. Lots of schizophrenics seem completely normal -- if a little shy or socially awkward -- until the disease suddenly manifests. My husband's brother was a popular teenager, in a rock band that won lots of Battle of the Bands contests, had good friends and girls. Then he went cuckoo. Came downstairs one night and said to my husband, who was 13 at the time, "You and dad are homosexuals, right? You have sex with each other here in the house."
And it was downhill from there. He was 17. A lot of people manifest in their college years and people think it was the "pressure" of school, or of being on their own for the first time. But they would have snapped at the same age if they'd never gone to college.
Family members of schizophrenics push the meme that schizophrenics are not violent. Well, many of them aren't, but some of them are. They have psychotic breaks and all manner of voices, scriptures, electrical currents and secret police tell them what to do.
- I don't get this discussion board...why give gays a bad name? Makes no sense to me. Oh and OP is a moron.
- [quote]4) asexual with no friends
TMZ showed a screenshot today of James Holmes's Adult Friend Finder profile. Described himself as straight, open to MFF or MMF hookups. His pic had his hair dyed red.
At the top of the screen he had posted "Who will visit me in prison?"
- Ok so if he boobytrapped his whole apartment and had a trip wire at the door with 30 shells in front of it. How did he get out?
- r211, very carefully.
- Holly psycho batman, that motherfucker is batshit crazy!
- Please remember and obey Anderson Cooper's orders we are not allowed to talk about him
- R208, he has absolutely no history of mental illness, was in a terrible life situation that would push many people over the edge in one way or another and most schizophrenics aren't violent towards others but they do have high suicide rates.
- Sorry, R215, but how was his life situation terrible? Withdrawing from a Neuroscience program isn't the end of the world.
- R216, he had to withdraw because his scholarship was revoked and he couldn't afford to continue without it. He had only gone back to school for his PHD because after a year of job searching with his master's in neuroscience the only job he could land was a part time job at a McDonald's. His job situation was incredibly and understandably depressing to him according to reports and so he decided to re-enroll for his PHD. This has all already been explained in this thread.
- I do hope they get him some quality help so he can rejoin society, date and have sex with the people here who find him hot, and find interesting ways to snuff some of the humorless cunts leaving snail tracks all over this thread.
It would be the DL way.
You can smell the sea in so many of these posts.
- [quote]he has absolutely no history of mental illness
He was a loner, which is a red flag for maladjustment.
- [quote] he had to withdraw because his scholarship was revoked and he couldn't afford to continue without it
Is there a link to this? I haven't seen any source that actually said this was the reason he withdrew. A faculty member or two have spoken anonymously to the media and have said that he was struggling academically and probably would have been put on academic probation, but I haven't seen any reports that have officially indicated his reason for withdrawing.
- A fellow doctoral student says he WASN'T a loner:
"People are using the word 'loner' to describe him, and that's not a fair representation," said a fellow doctoral student at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus who knew Holmes and agreed to be interviewed on condition of anonymity.
"He has friends. He's quiet and keeps a low profile, but we're all like that. We're PhD students. There's not a lot of time to do other stuff," the student said.
- R219, lol, he wasn't a loner. He had a clique of friends and was part of many sports teams, church and other groups. Have you read any actual news on the subject?
- R220, the info on that I read was in an Above Top Secret thread on the subject if you feel like wading through the racists, Ron Paul-ites, people who think this was a false flag to revoke the 2nd, etc. I'm sure you can find it, they've amassed a good collection of articles on this story despite most of them being political idiots.
- According to this article from the LA Times, he gave no official reason for his decision to withdraw:
[quote] Was it pressure from school? Holmes had been pursuing a doctorate in neuroscience at the University of Colorado Denver's Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora for a year. He had decided to withdraw from the program last month but gave no reason for the decision, officials said.
The article has some other information about Holmes and the PhD program.
[quote] The program usually enrolls only six students per year and typically takes five to seven years to complete. Those who are admitted "are very bright students," Meyers said. He added that Holmes, along with the other five students in his class, received a $26,000 stipend from the National Institutes of Health.
I imagine he used money from that stipend to help pay for the weapons he purchased.
- And they withdraw the scholarship if your grades don't stay at whatever level and he'd dipped below that.
- But the question is: Did his slipping grades cause him to go berserk and make him want to shoot up the movie theater (lots of people get low grades or withdraw from PhD programs, and most of them don't feel the urge to become mass murderers), or was it the other way around? Police say he had been planning this crime for months. A PhD program requires almost 100% of your time and attention. It's possible that as became more and more involved in planning the crime, his attention to his studies slipped, causing his grades to drop. And if he knew he was going to end up dead or in prison once he shot up the theater, there'd be no reason to worry about his grades and the PhD program.
- R226, his scholarship was revoked at the end of the year/semester which was right before he started stockpiling guns and ammo. He decided he'd rather live in prison than go back to working a McDonald's. Not a shocking conclusion to come to, really.
- He looks like the no talent who won American Idol this year.
- [quote] his scholarship was revoked at the end of the year/semester which was right before he started stockpiling guns and ammo
He began purchasing guns and ammo in May, but he must have been planning and researching the crime well before that. Media reports have said that his oral comprehensive exam was in May, and he struggled with that, which led faculty to consider putting him on academic probation. So it's possible that his mind was so focused on the crime he was plotting that he slipped up academically. We don't know.
[quote] He decided he'd rather live in prison than go back to working a McDonald's.
That's just conjecture, and incredibly stupid. Considering his grades and his resume, he undoubtedly would have found something better than McDonald's eventually if he kept looking. He certainly was more intelligent and had a more impressive resume than most college graduates. And if not, he could have gone back to school in a different field. At age 24, it's not like his life was over. Lots of college students struggle to find jobs after they graduate. Most of them don't say, "Boy, I can't find a job. I guess I'll just have to shoot up a movie theater and booby-trap my apartment with explosives so I can spend the rest of my life in prison."
[quote] Not a shocking conclusion to come to, really.
Yes, it is. There are reports already that inmates want to kill him because of what he's done. As a young man who's geeky, nerdy, (somewhat) attractive, and somewhat socially awkward, life in prison for him is certain to be hell.
- In prison he is spitting at the doors, guards, and is in full blown meltdown mode. The kid is wretchedly and terminally mentally ill. It is so much easier to call someone "evil" than to look at a bright young man whose mental health totally decompensated. What is really sick is America's non existent gun control laws. He bought 6000 rounds of ammo online...WTF.
- r230, the Arapahoe County Sheriff is denying the spitting-at-guards report...
- Neighbors and former classmates in California said he was a loner who said little and was easily forgotten — until this week.
- Creepy to think that I went to the same university as him (UC Riverside), at right around the same time (graduated '09). Can't say I remember his face, but I'm sure we crossed anonymous paths.
- R232, he was a member of many sports and other groups and had a regular clique of friends. Only your imagination has called him a loner to fit your idea of what someone who would do this must be like.
- [quote] Neighbors and former classmates in California said he was a loner who said little and was easily forgotten
But he also graduated with high honors and had done impressive internships. And fellow doctoral students in Colorado said he wasn't a loner, just a student who was busy with his studies (see R221).
People are making too much of the "loner" description. Every time someone is arrested for a crime, everyone always says they were a "loner." Just because he wasn't a big partier and wasn't always socializing doesn't mean anything. Lots of smart people are loners. He obviously had serious mental issues, but I don't think being a "loner" has anything to do with it.
- He is another Jared Loughner. With the press calling these guys, evil, crazy, deranged, etc...is there any wonder mentally ill people feel stigmatized? Until we can look at mental illness with the same compassion as we view heart disease for example, people will hide their illness & their families will live in denial. Should James Holmes ever be freed? No, of course not. But until America does something about it' s archaic gun laws & lack of mental health care; expect this story again, and expect the same meaningless outrage again, and again.
- [quote]Only your imagination has called him a loner to fit your idea of what someone who would do this must be like.
You sure seem to be upset that people who knew him called him a loner.
- R217 - I have a difficult time believing that he couldn't find a job with a masters (or a B.S.)in neuroscience, especially as gifted as he was described to be by the chairman of the program at Riverside. Granted they're dead-end jobs, but lab techs and research assistant jobs at universities, biomed labs, pharmeceutical companies, etc., etc. are available and they sure as heck pay a lot better than part time at McDonalds. BTW, it was his parents' next door neighbor who reported he was working at McDonalds. It seems to be his inference that it was the only job he could find:
[quote]“[italic]I think he worked part-time at McDonald’s or something,[/italic]” said next-door neighbor Tom Mai, 62, a retired electrical engineer. “That’s how bad it is.”
How would he know? Maybe that's what the parents told him to explain why their brilliant son was living at home and [italic]maybe[/italic] was working at McDonald's.
Maybe he couldn't get the jobs he believed he deserved as an academic whiz, but they were out of reach with his relative lack of on-the-job experience. Maybe he came across oddly in interviews. Maybe he could only cope with a part time job at McDonald's because he was dealing with incipient mental illness.
The depression and detereriorating academic performance in grad school (which seems to have led to the withdrawal of his stipend, according to some reports) would suggest that he was decompensating. And there [italic]are [/italic] reports of odd and loner-type behavior:
[quote]Holmes kept a low profile after arriving in Colorado last year to seek a Ph.D., moving into Apartment 10 in a building reserved for school colleagues and staff in the Denver suburb of North Aurora.
[quote]He would ignore the hellos of other residents, and walk the hallways without acknowledging their presence. His curtains remained drawn, and Holmes remained a cipher.
“No one knew him,” a neighbor told the Denver Post. “No one.”
Also, R217, he [italic]had[/italic] no history of mental illness. You're right; he was under great stress. But it wasn't academic, financial or job stress. IMO, he was dealing with a previously normal and orderly mind that was in the process of cracking up. I think that R208 is on the right track.
- LICK ME
- Pastor Scott Bloyer believes Colorado shooting suspect James Holmes attended his church in recent weeks.
The Elevation Christian Church pastor told The Christian Post Friday, "We think he might've visited in the last month."
"Both myself and our worship pastor went 'dude, he looks like he's the guy that showed up!'" Bloyer described to CP.
He had his wife check the church database for his Holmes' name but there was no card.
"[That] happens a lot. We have a church that is reaching people that normally don't go to church and we give them the option to remain anonymous and so there was no card."
Recalling the visit, Bloyer said Holmes "just walked in, sat in the back, and walked back out" of the less than 2-year-old church, which currently draws over 200 people.
- [quote] Holmes kept a low profile after arriving in Colorado last year to seek a Ph.D., moving into Apartment 10 in a building reserved for school colleagues and staff in the Denver suburb of North Aurora.
There is nothing odd about this. If you're a Ph.D. student who just moved to a new city, you're likely to keep a low profile and shut out the outside world. Most Ph.D. students are so busy with research and coursework that they don't have time to socialize with neighbors. Whatever socializing they do is likely to be with their fellow Ph.D. students (and apparently he WAS friendly with his fellow students).
- Dang, it's been ages since the Regan McNeil troll last visited.
- [quote] I have a difficult time believing that he couldn't find a job with a masters (or a B.S.)in neuroscience, especially as gifted as he was described to be by the chairman of the program at Riverside.
Exactly. And the LA Times article says this about his background:
[quote] In a resume posted on Monster.com, Holmes listed himself as an "aspiring scientist" and said he was looking for a job as a laboratory technician, the Associated Press reported. The resume described how Holmes worked as a summer intern at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies in La Jolla in 2006 and mapped the neurons of Zebra finches and studied the flight muscles of hummingbirds while he was an undergraduate at UC Riverside.
I don't know much about science, but that sounds like the sort of background that could have landed him something better than a job at McDonalds. I don't believe he honestly thought that his only 2 options were working at McDonalds or life in prison.
- Prison stories are all exaggerated. In most likely if he didn't get death, he'd be one of the most respected inmates.
Murderers are always at the top of the heap. And the more people you kill the higher your rank, because the other inmates know you have nothing to lose.
What's one more murder, more or less. Death penalty inmates are usually segregated anyway.
- OP you are sick.
Look at his victims.
- What's with the attacks on loners and introverts that always emerge with these shootings? Just because someone enjoys their own company doesn't mean they're maladjusted.
The pressure to act like a peppy cheerleader starring in the movie of your own life is nauseating. What happened to quiet dignity amongst people?
- Shyness, social awkwardness, or introversion aren't signs of maladjustment by any means nor do they necessarily cause it (although they can). The directionality is reversed in that people who have a wide variety of mental illnesses or just plain 'ol reactive depressions (most of us have had them) often exhibit signs of separation from others and actively socially isolate themselves because they can't cope with the strain or don't have the skills to deal with it.
- 246-ticking time bomb
- In those red-haired pics, he looks like Sideshow Bob.
- I wish I hadn't clicked on R245's link because when I scrolled down, I had the misfortune of reading the first comment. Douchebag Limbaugh listener.
- Lots of out-of-context mentions on our subpar local TV news that "the shooter had a federal scholarship!", as if to suggest that Obama was giving money to finance a mass murderer.
- He's lucky he's white b/c any other race he'd just be an animal. Since he's white, people are trying to see if he was bullied, upset at the job market, mentally ill, etc. They even call him a "Loner" even though he was clearly involved in church, sports and school.
- [quote] Lots of out-of-context mentions on our subpar local TV news that "the shooter had a federal scholarship!", as if to suggest that Obama was giving money to finance a mass murderer.
The federal grant from the National Institutes of Health funds six students per year in the U of Colorado's neuroscience PhD program. Holmes was one of six students admitted into the program last year. I take that to mean that all of the students accepted into the program receive money from the grant. Holmes wasn't singled out. The grant apparently is awarded to the university, which then doles it out to its PhD students.
- Yeah, I realize all that, but try getting these local news outlets to get it.
- [quote]Teehee, Aryans....such a lovely lot.
I can easily imagine what the general response would have been if he weren't Aryan.
- R245, that was a really touching article. Thanks for posting it.
- Accused movie shooter called a mediocre student intern
July 22, 2012, 3:19 p.m.
During the summer of 2006, James Holmes, then 18 and just graduated from high school, was an intern at a prestigious computer laboratory at the Salk Institute at UC San Diego.
On paper, at least, the position seemed to indicate that Holmes possessed a keen and brilliant intellect. That's how some former acquaintances have described Holmes, whom authorities have arrested in the fatal shootings at a crowded movie theater in Aurora, Colo.
But a graduate student who worked with Holmes at the Salk Institute’s Computational Neurobiology Laboratory had a far different view, recalling him as a “mediocre” student who was enormously stubborn.
“I saw a shy, pretty socially inept person,” said John Jacobson, now a PhD candidate at UC San Diego in philosophy and cognitive sciences. “I didn’t see any behavior that would be indicative of violenCE then or in the future.”
But “he should not have gotten into the summer program,” Jacobson said. “His grades were mediocre. I’ve heard him described as brilliant. This is extremely inaccurate.”
Jacobson said Holmes was accepted as the Salk Institute’s summer intern because at the time the Institute was not marketing its program to the top math and physics high school students. Holmes was accepted because his resume indicated he had done some computer programming, Jacobson told the Los Angeles Times. But his high school transcripts showed Bs and B+s, and no Advanced Placement classes, Jacobson said.
Jacobson said after that summer, administrators changed recruiting policies and now get applications from very high-level math and physics students.
In a video of a summer-end presentation, Holmes names Jacobson as his “mentor.”
“That is not true. That’s almost slanderous,” Jacobson said. “I was never his mentor.”
Holmes worked briefly for him over eight weeks that Jacobson described as very frustrating, characterized by the young man’s unwillingness to follow Jacobson’s suggestions — contrary to the usually engaging experience Jacobson said he’s had working with high school students.
“My experience with him was quite bad,” Jacobson said.
He said he set Holmes to work writing computer code for an experiment Jacobson had done involving a game of rock-paper-scissors, in which the computer always beats the human, no matter who goes first.
The experiment was in Flash, which Jacobson said is best encoded using what’s called object-oriented programming. Holmes insisted on using what's known as procedural programming, much more time consuming and complicated, Jacobson said.
Holmes was, however, extremely receptive to compliments, which was “how I got him to do the little that he did,” Jacobson said.
For two weeks, Jacobson said, “he was absolutely stubborn. I was at a loss to how to get him to program in an object-oriented way. He just refused. Finally, I said, ‘Do it any way you can.’”
Jacobson said he had minimal contact with Holmes for the next six weeks, daily dropping by in the morning to see if the intern was at least at work, and then returning to his own research.
“I basically fired him,” Jacobson said.
Jacobson said the students the Institute recruits as interns now could finish such a project in less than a week. “He never completed the project. What he gave me was a complete mess,” Jacobson said.
Jacobson said he did try to bring Holmes out of his shell that summer. At one point, he said, he took Holmes to another floor where a high school girl was working.
“He just had no interest,” Jacobson said. “I’m trying to introduce him to the other high school students and he’s incredibly uncommunicative.
“I attributed all this to adolescent shyness, maybe feeling intimidated to people around him.”
- another know-it-all, defensive academic...hmmm...
- I think he was a right wing Republican and they all have personality problems.
- The guy admits he showered Holmes with compliments.....and then was angry Holmes thought he was a fan. Obvious problem with the story.
It could true though. One time this trainee at my old job had a very high opinion of himself and his abilities. So our boss gave him a similar project to what I'd done earlier. So I showed him how to do it but he refused to take notes, saying he'd remember. The night before it was due he still hadn't done it, so I did it for him and emailed it to him, telling him to reprint it with a new date, location, and timestamp so it looked like his. Apparently he didn't know how to do that and turned it in as is. The boss knew I had done it because it was printed from my workstation at a time I was there, and so slammed him for it. So the little punk went around telling people I sabotaged him. That's what you get for trying to be nice to these kind of arrogant people. They can't learn because everything is an ego test.
- I hope you slashed his tires, r260.
- R257 proves he has Asperger's, and this will come out eventually.
He'll probably use it in his defense.
His defense will say that he was refused treatment or neglected for his Asperger's, and that is why he snapped.
He's still an asshole, though.
- [quote]“I saw a shy, pretty socially inept person,”
[quote]“I’m trying to introduce him to the other high school students and he’s incredibly uncommunicative.
He might have been physically present at church as a kid and later did some work as a camp counselor, but he was obviously a loner personality. Just about every article you read mentions that he never interacted with people the way the rest of the people in these groups did.
And yes, being a loner is a sign of maladjustment. Only a minority of them turn out to be murderous, but they are typically disturbed people with paranoid tendencies and control issues who are only marginally function in society.
- So, what if it comes out that he's gay?
- I'd get in line for a piece, R264.
- What if it comes out he's a Mormon, R264? There's no indication he's gay, so right now that's a mighty troll-like question.
- [quote] But a graduate student who worked with Holmes at the Salk Institute’s Computational Neurobiology Laboratory had a far different view, recalling him as a “mediocre” student who was enormously stubborn.
I wouldn't put a lot of trust in what one graduate student thought of him when he was 18. Even if his grades in high school were mediocre, that doesn't really matter because UC-Riverside has said he graduated with highest honors from college. And he wouldn't have been accepted into a highly competitive PhD program if he was considered mediocre.
- So sad that mental illness still has such a stigma attached to it. We need to do more to help family members and the community at large to deal with mental disorders. From the first reports about James Holmes it looked as though he possessed many key asperger symptoms.
- Just a few thoughts.
*I've been in graduate school. I have taken classes with "brilliant" undergraduates. Here is what I have noticed about so many of them.
There is a sense of entitlement about a lot of these people. They believe they are the best and the brightest and they deserve what they should get. In the case of Holmes, it is interesting that he went to Riverside. WARNING: I am not trying to turn this into the tiresome "let's bash such and such schools" thread.
He was a B or Bplus student--not exceptional, if the grad intern is to be believed. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Holmes was a good student, but not outstanding. Could he have gotten into UCLA or Berkeley? No. He went to Riverside, a good school but not as good as the other mentioned schools. As an undergrad he shined, and I have seen that happen. The undergrad gets away from home and focuses on school. He hits his stride.
The self-esteem improves, and the student graduates. He feels entitled to a certain job, and does not get it. In fact, he does not want to work at some low level entry position. Hence, he ends up at McDonald's, a "victim" of a world that will not recognize his ability (which was initially above average at best, and one that became better only through a lot of effort). He then gets into a presitgious program at the doctoral level, and guess what?
He is not as good as they are, or as good as he thought. Overreach.
Of course, the rage issues date back even further. Who knows when the seed was first planted? Something was ticking there for years. Did anyone notice it? Well, if you can believe what he said, the grad student had a clue.
Arrogance. Self-centeredness. Isolation. A lack of empathy for other feelings and opinions.
A time bomb, if you will.
- But that story only makes sense if he truly is a poor kid who grew up not knowing how the world is, and who thinks that going to a PhD program will magically make him one of the financial and intellectual elite. And from all appearances, his family were reasonably well-off and the high school he went to sent people to Ivy League schools, so I'd have to say, he was probably NOT under the illusion that getting into a neuroscience program would mean being handed a living without effort. You're talking about a fever dream of the ghetto, not a regular middle class American.
No, if he were just mad at the world, there would not have been any need for dying the hair and pretending to be The Joker. This fantasy was getting his rocks off.
BTW, he was Presbyterian, not Mormon.
- Life is too short R260
- I mean R261
- He was getting his PhD at the University of Denver. How likely is it that he was not good enough? I've met U of D graduates who could barely read. Granted that's not a PhD program, but still....
- Oh, it was Colorado, not Denver. Well, that makes more sense.
- No, R273. It was the University of Colorado's Denver campus, where CU medical sciences program is located.
- He was rejected at Arizona. I suspect we will find out in a few days he was also rejected at other schools. He got to Colorado-Denver and was in a good program. He just could not make it. Of course, that is not why he went nuts, but it was one more crack in his personality.
Btw, suppose he used university funds to buy some of the ammo?
- R270, I had an intern who was very much as you describe, & as the grad student quoted by R257 describes.
That was before the Virginia Tech & other campus rampages, but I wondered at the time if maybe I shouldn't send some kind of anonymous warning to his university about what I perceived to be possibly dangerous personality issues. He just seemed so tightly wound, & so resentful of what he considered slights by people who had power over him. I would not have been surprised to hear that he exacted revenge on various "strict" professors or popular students, by slashing tires, etc. (the worst thing that occurred to me at that time).
I was relieved when his internship ended & he returned to school, because he was not a good worker -- but I also felt like I was waiting for the other shoe to drop over at the campus.
A few years later, I heard that he'd died of cancer. Since graduation, he'd held a government job where he apparently served without incident, thank goodness. I'm always sorry about young people succumbing to cancer, but my first thought in his case was a bit of relief that now he wouldn't be a danger to others.
- r277 is a cunt!
- R246, I just read a book about this----- "Quiet-The Power of Introverts in a World that can't stop talking" it has a great discussion of how Western society, starting with the Industrial age when we moved from agricultural work to factories/offices/coorporations (and constant push to sell products/yourself) has brought about a negative perception of introversion. Lots of scientific studies also on the strengths in intellect of introverted thinking has, with skills the extroverted brain can't master. There's a real prejudice against "loners" and it's a relatively new one.
- Interesting,R279. I think I'm going to read that.
- [quote]But some friends and neighbors said Mr. Holmes was hesitant to make small talk if seen on the street, slow to smile in conversations with strangers, often seemingly tucked away inside himself. They described him as pleasant and benign.
- R281, "quiet and kept to himself" is the definition of most spree/serial killers.
- You know there's nothing particularly unique about someone who excels then falters. There are scores of promising high school graduates who are honors listed, who go to college and struggle to make B's & C's in college, and this is undergrad. They often end up switching majors or dropping out.
I think Holmes went where he could get funded. Grad school programs don't give out grants and fellowships to mediocre, failing students. The institute making the grants wants their candidates to succeed because it reflects well on them.
The person who said Holmes was difficult to work with and mediocre sounds like he was trying to distance himself from a mass murderer. He also sounds like someone who has issues of his own.
Grad school, especially in the hard sciences is very difficult and there is a lot of stress & pressure. If you are working on a grant or a fellowship the pressure to excel and produce can be extraordinary. A lot of people can't cope with it. They wash out.
I don't know what the motivation was, but I am convinced Holmes sufferes from a debilitating mental illness. What he did was monstrous and terrible and I am not excusing him, only attempting to figure out an explanation.
Saw his father at the airport on the news. The poor old guy looked broken, crushed. I hope the public realizes his parents are also victims. You have to wonder how the parents and siblings and family of the perp cope with this kind of event.
- R79 I completely agree with that!!! Same with cops when a cop gets killed or shot they make a bigger deal out of it.
- Aren't a lot of science/computer students socially inept?
No mention of a girlfriend. A frustrated hetero is more typical of being a killer than being a loner.
- And you're crazy OP,get help-SOON!
- Well, there's now news that he was upset about a failed relationship. There's information that he seemed obssessed with interactive video games, and someone who knew him suggested he was more interested on the fantasy world these games created than he was with real life.
There's a photo of some warcraft game poster on his apartment wall. They're also saying he was about to get evicted since he dropped out of the University and the student housing he lived in was only for university students. So it sounds to me like he went berserk.
- Best typo ever, from the Guardian:
[quote]Colorado massacre: John Holmes to appear in court as police describe 'calculation'
By calculation, I assume John Holmes has come back from the dead to fuck a confession out of the suspect.
- What is MFF or MMF not all of us have information on the homosexual subculture you know
- [quote]What is MFF or MMF not all of us have information on the homosexual subculture you know
Then get off this site.
Neither of which are of the "homosexual subculture".
- MMF and MFF have nothing to do with "homosexual subculture;" that's not what I intended to imply. Straight guys like to hook up with two girls at a time or to have a "sword fight" sharing a girl with another guy. That's all the detail you seem to be able to handle at the moment, R289.
- [quote] So it sounds to me like he went berserk.
It doesn't really add up. Lots of people play interactive video games and lots of people have failed relationships, but they don't become killers. Although he apparently was having trouble in the PhD program, he wasn't kicked out of the program. He had only finished the first year of a program that takes 5 to 7 years. There was still plenty of time for him to try to get back on track. Instead, he chose to withdraw. If neuroscience wasn't working out for him, he was young enough and smart enough that he could have pursued something else. And it seems that his parents were probably wealthy enough that they could have helped support him while he got his life back on track.
Nothing I've seen or read explains why he would spend months carefully planning to shoot up a movie theater and booby-trapping his apartment with explosives. I think he must have had some form of undiagnosed mental illness.
- His fellow inmates are going to find him hot. For about a second before they kill him. One of his victims was a six year old girl. Those bubbas don't play with child killers for long.
- he looks CRAZY!!!!!!
- He looks completely out of it in court right now!
- He looks like he is not really "there".
- looks like he'd shoot them all if he gad a gun!
- His defense will be Asperger's, which will incredibly, build sympathy for him as the haus frau jurors all have an Aspie son.
They'll say that he doesn't understand suffering, so he didn't really mean it. They'll say he has an immature view of violence and will blame the video game manufacturers for targeting Aspies.
Then the defense will point the finger at a society that neglects these poor Aspie souls, which relegates them to a life on the computer. Poor things.
After the defense finishes, the haus frau jurors will be crying in support of this poor, neglected, can't-help-himself Aspie who was so innocent and pure that he didn't understand the consequences of real violence.
He will be considered a martyr in the Aspie 'community' (shut-in computer nerds) and will gain a following. Some opportunistic freak will then put out a comic book with James Holmes as an Aspie Superhero, and all of the victims will soon be forgotten.
life in America
- Innocent by reason of insanity! Yes!
- He looks like he has a severe mental illness or had a massive breakdown. I guess one could think he's faking it, but he seems to be twitching and blinking in a way you can't fake. Watch his eyebrows.
- It preempted the View on ABC in my local market.
- Omg he's even hotter with orange haor. I visit him inprison.
- [quote] He looks like he has a severe mental illness or had a massive breakdown.
He obviously didn't look that way a few months ago when he was in the PhD program or his fellow students, faculty, and neighbors would be saying more than just "He seemed kind of quiet." One of his old friends from either college or high school (don't remember which) had said he saw him back in December, and he seemed normal then. Either something dramatic happened recently, or else he's just heavily sedated, or he's faking it to try to pull off an insanity defense.
- I'm not familiar with the US legal system. Holmes got a public defender (the woman to his left) right? Was she able to agree to defending him or does she have to do the job?
I can't imagine defending someone infamous like Holmes. Not because of what he did but because of the death threats she will most likely get.
- He's adorable. Cutest murderer since Bundy.
- How long ago did he dye his hair? You can't NOT look crazy dolled up like that. Did he have a Sandy in Grease moment?
- He looks to be faking remorse, and doing a very poor job of it.
I'm sure that poor woman lawyer told him to at least act like you're sorry.
- [quote] How long ago did he dye his hair?
I think the dyed hair was recent -- in the past month or two. And apparently it was pink before it was orange. He apparently had pink hair and earrings when he bought an assault rifle:
AURORA - As the photo of James Holmes hit the airwaves, one Denver man immediately recognized him.
He says he witnessed Holmes at an Aurora Gander Mountain a few weeks ago buying or modifying the AR-15 assault rifle, one of the types of guns Holmes is accused of using in the shooting.
Denver resident Austin McKee says Holmes had pink hair on July 1 when he saw him at that Gander Mountain. He says he was having a scope installed on it.
McKee says he was at an Aurora Gander Mountain before a hunting trip. He specifically remembers one of the other customers at the store.
"A young guy about my age walked in with pink hair and earrings," McKee said. "[He] looked a little out of place you could say."
There isn't a lot of pink haired hunters who show up at the store, according to McKee.
"He had bleached it, and it was died pink. It was more like a cotton candy color," he said.
- He looked like he was faking the "in a daze" act. Trying to fake being disoriented.
Nodding off almost as if drugged. I'm not buying it. I don't think the pigfucker is disoriented, or in a daze or unaware or whatever.
In a perverse way, I think he planned on getting caught and he'll try to game the system. Bad enough he shot up the theatre and killed 12 people, but rigging his apartment as a booby trap was the final straw.
He had music on a timer so around midnight thno music was blasting out of his apartment. The door wasn't locked. So if a neighbor had opened the door the building would have been LIT UP. If a neighbor had the police come out and open the door they'd have been killed. THe building would have blown.
If things had gone according to his plan, he would've had a diversionary emergency going at the apartment building while he was shooting up the theatre.
That little fuck is fine. He is insane but guilty. I think they should offer him life without parole for a guilty plea, instead of the Death Penalty. If he pleads guilty. no trial and he goes to jail.
- Pink Hair and Earrings?! Oh god, if he had a caftan Datalounge is fucked!
- He was trying to look like the Joker R311.
- [quote] One of his old friends from either college or high school (don't remember which) had said he saw him back in December, and he seemed normal then. Either something dramatic happened recently, or else he's just heavily sedated, or he's faking it to try to pull off an insanity defense.
He might have been able to compensate or hold himself together for a period of time, masking his symptoms to others. Or maybe he had auditory hallucinations that told him to keep "their secret" from others and carry on as usual as he carried out "their" plot. Maybe he had an elaborate delusional system all in his head that was kept to himself.
Since he was a quiet guy to begin with, continuing to be quiet or becoming more quiet wouldn't seem too odd to people around him. And he is very bright so he could come up with better ways to fake it and develop scripts to stick to. BTW, I haven't seen this video yet.
- I bet a couple of you nuts write Twilight Fanfiction.
He took all of that time to booby trap his apt. He couldn't find the time to do a better job with his hair?
- [quote]With the press calling these guys, evil, crazy, deranged, etc...is there any wonder mentally ill people feel stigmatized? Until we can look at mental illness with the same compassion as we view heart disease for example, people will hide their illness & their families will live in denial.
You are conflating mental illness with sadistic mass murder. I'd call that pretty stigmatizing. Only a tiny number of people who have a psychotic breakdown go on killing rampages, and I have no problem with calling them evil, crazy, deranged, etc.
- Death penalty
- [quote]He was trying to look like the Joker [R311].
Since when does the Joker have pink hair? Or orange hair?
The Joker has GREEN hair. He was not trying to look like the Joker. Probably just on a lot of drugs.
- [quote][R257] proves he has Asperger's, and this will come out eventually. He'll probably use it in his defense. His defense will say that he was refused treatment or neglected for his Asperger's, and that is why he snapped.
Having Asperger's would not do anything for his defense.
- He's so fetch.
- Fuck he's cute. But that faded pink hair is horrid. He does have nice hair otherwise.
- not always
- Oh yea, he's a real joker alrightee.
Bozo the bush.
- R282, Ted Bundy was not quiet and into himself. He was very engaging, outgoing, and charming to those around him. Same with John Wayne Gacy who engaged in community outreach and was well respected in his community and awarded for his humanitarian efforts.
- R321, both of those Jokers have green hair. WTF
Heath Ledger had a faded green dye job, more of a yellowish green. But there is NO incarnation of Joker with pink or orange hair, no matter how many pics you post with off lighting. It's not a defense or an opinion but simple fact.
He did tell the police he was the Joker though.
- That's red hair, not green. You are obviously color blind.
- Romero has orange hair in that picture and several others.
- Some reports say he wasn't even listening. BS he got up as soon as they said and even a little before "all rise".
- r324, adjust your monitor.
- You're an idiot, R325. I don't care what the picture looks like. Romero as Joker never had orange hair. Heath Ledger did not have orange hair in The Dark Knight. What a fucking useless argument about something that is fact. You can google Romero as Joker and find the same pictures without that pink tint lighting and his hair is clearly green.
Why do you and the media need to lie about such trivial things? Is the tragedy not enough, you need to make up things to make it more scandalous or interesting. It's sick.
- Whether or not the douche picked the right hair color for his 'character' is totally irrelevant. No matter what the hair color, 12 people still dead. And he's totally not hot.
- The picture of Ledger was attached to the picture of Romero. I did not mean to suggest that Ledger had orange hair. That would be ridiculous since he only had one appearance as the joker. But if you search images for "Romero Joker" you will see a few with orange hair.
- r329, another angry comic freak...WATCH OUT!
- I heard he told the police he was Lola Lasagne, the villain Ethel Merman played. That would explain the hair.
- Romero never had orange hair. Fact. You won't find any CLEAR picture without that pink filter effect where he has orange hair.
And I'm sure Holmes knew this. He was a fan.
- Lol, R332!!! I do sound angry huh?
Sorry, and sorry for calling people idiots. What a silly thing to get upset about. My apologies guys.
- A pink filter effect would not turn green hair orange while leaving the face white.
- Well, R336. I don't know what to tell you. I've seen every episode of Batman and Romero never had orange hair. You can find images from that same photoshoot where he clearly has green hair.
And Holmes hair was dyed pink anyway. Just faded to orange.
Maybe he should have claimed to be the Riddler! Didn't Jim Carrey have pink hair in Batman Forever?
- OP is Brandon.
- The point was, he dyed his hair a garish, florescent color. The hue was less important than the crossing-over signal it triggered in his brain.
Does he lose mass-murder style points to you pedants?
- Romero's hair was definitely orange.
- [quote] What kind of TWISTED FUCK makes a thread about the asshole who has killed so many, saying he's "hot" ??
Fucking n00bs. It's a Datalounge tradition to start a thread declaring a serial killer hot. It's an inside joke to outrage people like you, you dunce.
- He looks a little bit like Richard E Grant as Withnail.
- Meant this photo in particular
- Sure, R340. Sure.
- Still very, very doable.
- he has aspergers! they react violently!
- and he is straight! double plus for gay men
- His sex add does say that he's down for MMF threesomes.
- I see a lot of myself in James Holmes. Twenty-some years ago, I was the same age, same school (different program and location), when creeping mental illness suddenly went on full gallop. Academics, which had been my savior and refuge, suddenly seemed shallow and unimportant. But I couldn't leave my program and admit my intellect could nit compensate for the obsessions, compulsions, odd, accusatory voices on a neverending loop, crippling depression, and constant suicidal thoughts.
The last night I remember being there, I locked myself in the bedroom, slipped the key under the door where I couldn't get to it. That was all that kept me from my prized chef's knife collection. I watched MTM reruns all night so I wouldn't think.
At dawn I called my therapist. Thank god he rushed me into his office. He told me I had two choices: admit "defeat"in this round, leave the Ph.D program and call my parents and ask to come home; or be admitted to the local psych hospital for 3 months minimum.
It was the hardest call I have ever made. Sometimes I still wonder if I should have gone into the hospital instead of going home. I still struggle with mental illness and resultant underemployment every single day. I still don't understand why my high intellect cannot trump this fucking brain demon.
With my particular brain chemistry I would have only killed myself. I could never have turned my issues into rationale for killing others.
As Chris Rock said, "... but I understand." Thank god for my long-ago therapist.
- He looked heavily sedated and/or drugged in court today. He looked so out of it.
- But still fuckable.
- I jerked off on his news video. So hot!
- [quote]He's adorable. Cutest murderer since Bundy.
[quote]Fuck he's cute.
What the fuck is wrong with you people?!
The douchebag looks like SIDESHOW BOB.
- Everyone dye their hair orange this Halloween and go to th3 movies.
- Look! Just like Sideshow Bob:
- He looks like Goop's husband in r355's link.
- He's got cocksucking lips
- He looks like Ben Affleck.
- For such a genuinely terrifying human being, he really does just look like some dipshit who's getting too old to play in a terrible local pop-punk band
- did Holmes dye his pubes orange too?
- He looked like he had been put on some heavy duty drugs...or perhaps they have not let him get any sleep?
- Yes, he did look either heavily drugged, lacking in sleep, or really crazed.
- Video in court:
- Crazed? I guess I missed the crazed part. I think I should write his attorney and tell her that he got his instructions from Rush Limbaugh.
- Has his mugshot already been posted?
- crazy eyes
- He looks really cute in his mugshot /swoon
- Here he is shirtless!
- The link at R368 is a British paper that says the shooter may have recently broken up a relationship...
- All the Holmes' kids be breaking up this summer. Dang.
- He looks like a portrait of evil in his mug shot. Dead eyes.
- The mugshot is a little creepy because it's a mugshot, but mostly it just freaks me out how "normal" he looks. And I don't just mean that like oh, he's a white boy in his early twenties, does it get any more all-American - usually spree killers in that demographic, and there are a lot of them, do give me the creeps on a superficial level. But that stupid dyed hair and dazed look just reminds me so much of any number of harmless burnouts from art class in high school.
- Those girls on his AdultFriendFinder are girls he's fucked right? And apparently he had a recent breakup. Imagine being one of those girls right now. I'm sure no one will want to admit that.
- Thank God the pic @ R368 shows him to be fat and not hot. THREAD CLOSED.
- With that orange hair he reminds me of the older brother on Pete and Pete.
- He reminds me so much of Kevin Rahm of Judging Amy. Eerie.
To me, it looked like he was acting as he sat in court today. Trying for the confused, out of it character. I'm dubious.
- R205, thanks for backing me up.
R204, way to be an asshole. Several news outlets did, indeed, say that the mother was NOT surprised that her son committed this crime. I tried researching it further but could not find anything beyond the original source, ABC News, and a single sentence. That is why I asked here, on this thread, if anyone knew more about the mother's comments. You're an asshole, r204, for accusing me of "making shit up."
- R377, the lawyer for the parents even had a press conference today to clarify the shit you are misreporting about her "surprise". Look it up you ignorant liar.
- Man talks of gun, makes threats during 'Dark Knight' screening, police say
July 24, 2012 | 4:02 am
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deparment responded to a Norwalk theater showing of "The Dark Knight" after a man alleged made threats about a gun -- just days after the shooting rampage in Colorado.
The suspect, Clark Tabor, was arrested on suspicion of making criminal threats. He was being held Monday evening in County Jail in lieu of $50,000 bail and unrelated warrants.
Tabor is accused of grabbing his cellphone Sunday evening inside the AMC Norwalk 20 and shouting: "Does anyone have a gun?" and "I should go off like in Colorado," the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said in a statement.
Deputies arrested Tabor after a theater security guard saw Tabor with a backpack on his knees in the second row, according to authorities.
- I thought he looked damn skinny in his shirtless picture. What kind of fucking idiot thinks that's fat?
What was that poster that was pictured inside of his apartment?
- Soldiers of Misfortune DVD poster:
- R381, he has love handles in the topless pic. Do you weigh 900 pounds?
- I think he might have been inspired by the game Gotham City Impostors. It's an online shooting game. The premise is regular people who dress up as either Batman or Joker. You have a huge assortment of weapons including assault rifles and tear gas. It's a newer game and apparently he was big into the online games.
- R383 has never seen a naked man. Sad.
- Weid question, but does anyone have any pictures of his feet?
- This is pretty funny
- R385, are fucking retarded?
- He is definitely straight. No gay man would pose like that.
He gonna be walking really funny in prison
- Here is his Match.com profile. It's pretty much like his AdultFriendFinder profile, with Will you visit me in prison? headline. (I believe the AFF was "Who will visit me in prison?").
He lists his religion as Agnostic and says he Definitely wants children. I don't see that happening.
- What's this about him being adopted?
- The stupid fucking judge isn't going to allow cameras int he courtroom on Monday!
- Is he adopted? He looks a lot like a female friend of mine who is adopted and grew up in the same area.
- [quote]A father of one of the dead victims told The Post that cops revealed to him that Holmes was adopted. Police said the San Diego-area couple who raised him are not cooperating in the probe.
- OP, twitter agrees.
- He had saggy skin. He was in bad shape but he was skinny, R383. Are you just retarded or also blind? I'm thinking you are simply stupid.
- Is he allowed visitors?
- [quote] A father of one of the dead victims told The Post that cops revealed to him that Holmes was adopted
Why would the police tell the victims' families that? That just seems odd: "Sorry for your loss. And, by the way, the man who shot your daughter was adopted."
- I wonder when we can start sending him mail? I'd love to send him some sexy "HA HA HA HA HA HA" Joker underwear (and hopefully get a pic of him modeling them).
- Things that make you go "Hmmm..."
- Breaking News: Jennifer Grey goes on killing spree. Says she had the time of her life.
- R401, please share if you do get.
I masturbated to his mugshot this morning.
- It's called smiling R402.
- Your nose widens when you smile, R405? Mine doesn't move.
- You're right, R406. He's been replaced.
- My nose widens when I smell troll posts.
- AURORA, Colo. - The man accused in last Friday's mass shooting at an Aurora movie theater sent a notebook full of details about how he was going to kill people to a University of Colorado psychiatrist before the attack, reported Fox News.
The notebook was mailed to the professor and sat unopened in a mail room for as long as a week before it was found Monday.
- r398 has grafted to his sofa.
- Very interesting. Really hope the notebook becomes public.
I'm thinking e wanted to be stopped. He didn't have the willpower to stop himself and hoped the notebook would be found sooner than it was. Very sad.
- r406 's nose widens when he smell cookies.
- Dear joker,
FUCK ME fuck me fuck me fuck me.
- He just has one of those noses that looks wildly different from every angle.
- [quote]Your nose widens when you smile, [R405]? Mine doesn't move.
Restylane filler and botox isn't something to brag about, gramps.
- some creeps put up Facebook tribute pages to the guy.
Report: Holmes Involved With Prostitutes
The Daily Mail is reporting that James Holmes, the man suspected of killing 12 people at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., last week, was allegedly involved with several prostitutes before the attack. Holmes reportedly frequented websites that review prostitutes and wrote three reviews himself.
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘Dark Knight’ massacre suspect wants to know how the movie ended
James Holmes reportedly asked a jailhouse worker ‘Did you see the movie?’ and nearly got slapped for it.
- HA! I love this guy!
- James Holmes did NOT ask anyone anything.
He is in solitary and the guards are terrified of him. One of the tough guards bringing him his food said something out of line and he simply replied.
What one more murder to me, more or less
They am scared
- [quote] The Daily Mail is reporting that James Holmes, the man suspected of killing 12 people at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., last week, was allegedly involved with several prostitutes before the attack. Holmes reportedly frequented websites that review prostitutes and wrote three reviews himself.
I think that report is full of shit. The Daily Mail is simply repeating a TMZ report. There are several people named James Holmes in the Aurora area. There is someone named James Holmes of Aurora who posted in a bunch of gun sites and prostitution sites, but if you read the posts, you discover that it's a different person who's much older and has lived in Colorado for many years (The shooter didn't move to Colorado until a year ago). TMZ and The Daily Mail are falling for the same trap that ABC News did -- assuming that anything linked to "James Holmes of Aurora" must be the shooter.
- The Daily Mail also put up photos of Hannibal Lecter when reporting Holmes was masked to stop from spitting.
And they suggest that the imposing shadow of an overachieving academic father was to blame. It's Holmes fault that his parents weren't white trash welfare sponges, of course.
- Victim of mind control. Port guy. His life is ruined, his mind probably destroyed.
- Dark Knight gunman James Holmes claims to have no memory of shooting 70 people Friday, and stumbles around the jail, asking "Why am I here?"
You can interpret this story in a few different ways. The Batman killer could be feigning amnesia to set the stage for an insanity defense. Or maybe, he was on drugs during the Aurora shooting, and truly doesn't recall anything.
Some conspiracy theorists maintain the former PhD student was the victim of mind control, and is now emerging from a hypnotic state. Anything could be possible, considering his bizarre behavior.
Unfortunately, the public will never know what drove this lunatic to dress up like the Joker, and slaughter 12 innocent people during a packed Dark Knight Rises screening. Either way, he needs to pay for the awful crime.
Holmes, 24, is currently in his sixth day at the Arapahoe County Detention Center in Centennial, CO. He is under 23-hour lockdown, and leaves his cell once a day.
- Why are prison workers and police leaking so much to the press? Surely there should be a bit more security around all of this. Due process and all that- in the incredibly miniscule chance he's innocent.
I love how it goes from “He asked, ‘Why am I here?’” in the NY Daily News to "stumbles around the jail, asking "Why am I here?" on gather. The Maryest of Mary images. Like Olivia DeHavilland in The Snake Pit.
- Oh, please, anyone who falls for his act is a fool. You don't think he had all of this planned out? You don't think he planned how he would act afterward? Part of the "thrill" for him will be to either get off completely or with minimal repercussions. He has to prove to himself that he is smarter than any lawyer, judge, doctor, psychiatrist, psychologist, analyst, news reporter, etc. It's all about his ego.
- The nose thing is a non-starter. Noses look different from different angles and god knows they can be fixed.
Hallmarks that are used for ID are the shape of the ears and eyes, and their positional relationship to one another.
Definitely the same guy.
- R426, WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT MIND CONTROL?!?! AS SOON AS THIS ATTACK WAS DONE, HE WAS TAKEN OUT OF HIS HYPNOTIC STATE. HE'S NOT GONNA HAVE ANY MENORIES IF WHAT HE DID. IMAGINE WALING UP ONE DAY AMD PEOPLE ARE TELLING YOU THAT YOU KILLED 12 PEOPLE. YOU ARE GOING TO BE CONFUSED, DISORIENTED, SCARED ETC. PLUS IM SURE THERES LASTING MENTAL DAMAGE. THIS GUYS LIFE HAS BEEN DESTROYED, HIS MIND AND BODY TAKEN AWAY FROM HIM AND USED.
PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE THESE THINGS HAPPEN WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY IT DOES HAPPEN.
I JUST WANT TO GIVE HIM A HUG.
- Brandon, they're coming for you next!!! It's in the cereal, don't eat the cereal!
- Ahhh, Brandon. If only you had a mind to control ....knock it off with the ALL CAPS
- R429, the nano-fibers can't be transported thru food. They are delivered to us via chemtrails in the air. This is how we are controlled. These nano-fibers are transporting the components that constitue the Biological Application Programming Interface which is how the host monitors and controls our minds and bodies.
This is what happened with James Holmes.
The people doing this ate attempting to force biblical principles onto us through technology.
- Bubble, lubba, lubba lipton
Bubble with a happy beat
Bubble, lubba, lubba lipton
Bubble till you wanna shout
Bubble, lubba, lubba lipton
Joy's what it's all about
Bubble, lubba, lubba lipton
Bubble with a happy beat
Bubble, lubba, lubba lipton is
A simulated Holland treat
- Are biblical principles any good if the people are dead?
Why pick Colorado and not somewhere a bit more LESS biblical? Like WeHo?
- You should t focus too much on the purpose. It's too dynamic and complex.
I wish I know why Janes had his life taken from him. At least those who were killed can have peace in death.
- Sorry for the typos. I sound like a crazy person.
- This really is a sad story all around.
- Poor guy?!
He shot and killed and injured people. Fuck him. There's no such thing as mind control. Seriously, you conspiracy theory fuckwits -- if you actually did some REAL fucking research, instead of listening to Alex Jones' rantings and ravings, you'd know that mind control is impossible at this point in time.
- "Sorry for the typos. I sound like a crazy person."
Yeah, it's the typos.
- "Most important to note about James Holmes, however, this report says, is that his father, Robert Holmes, was said to have been scheduled to testify within the next few weeks before a US Senate panel on the largest bank fraud scandal in world history that is currently unfolding and threatens to destabilize and destroy the Western banking system. Robert Holmes, whose “blueblood” family links go back to the Mayflower, is known throughout the global banking community as being the creator of one of the most sophisticated computer algorithms ever developed and is credited with developing predictive models for financial services; credit and fraud risk models, first and third party application fraud models and internet/online banking fraud models.
Educated at the University of California, Berkeley and Stanford University, Robert Holmes is currently the senior lead scientist with the American credit score company FICO, which was formally known as Fair, Isaac and Company, and which every American citizen is beholden to should they need to borrow money."
- That "wiki" looks extremely unreliable. Is the info just made up? It reads like it was written by someone who does not speak English very well...
- OMG He is so gorgeous! /swoon
- R440: damn that is a good find!
- One of the college students said the killer lost touch with reality, when he became obsessed with role playing video games......"Latch Key Kids" are now raising "Latch Key Kids"....love and caring must be taught....remember the Russian orphans.
- Loner into fantasy games loses scholarship money, faces having to work for a living, rampage ensues.
It's what happens when you take away a child's ability to lay around all day playing video games.
Get used to it. There are a lot of these marginally functional loners are there.
- [quote]A 60-year-old man was taken into police custody after co-workers found photographs of Colorado Batman massacre suspect James Holmes 'all over his desk' and computer worktop.
Officers from the New York Police Department traveled to the unnamed man's Brooklyn, New York, home and confronted him where he allegedly told them that he was obsessed with Holmes.
The man told them that Holmes reminded him of himself as a younger man and that he had sympathies for the accused Aurora shooter because he didn't like his co-workers either.
Full Story at link
- [quote] Robert Holmes continues to work at FICO.
Can you imagine when the jurors and judge and DA all find this guy guilty and sentence him to hang.
Boy is the dad gonna mess up all their credit.
- [quote] A 60-year-old man was taken into police custody after co-workers found photographs of Colorado Batman massacre suspect James Holmes 'all over his desk' and computer worktop.
Sounds like a DataLounger.
- Yeah that wiki looks like it was put together by a fanfic writer.
" Although she and his father no longer sexually active she did not want to risk having another child. Holmes’ childhood was full of good and sad memories. His father was not an active part of his childhood and he was lonely. He worked really hard to achieve the same success as his father did."
Americans and Daddy issues. What happened to the concept of just getting on with things? 150 years ago kids were sent out to work, parents were more distant and there was a lot less of this "quality time" bullshit.
- Those co-workers sound like assholes.
- So is Holmes a 'mo?
Do you think he's a man or a bitch. I think he's a bitch
- Good God...I wished and wished for a Dad that would work. That's what Dad's were suppose to do.
- Ugh, the 'mo's troll is back. I wish he'd gone to the midnight screening.
Sending grease fires your way, darling.
- Quit trying to steer the topic away from James' hotness - that goes for tinfoils and haters!
- When you think about it, Harley Quinn was probably the first modern fangirl.
- When are they going to shave his orange hair? He looks like a clown or the guy from The Simpsons. He has no rights, just shave it off.
- He's on remand now. Haircuts and stuff are for after conviction.
- [quote]The shooting suspect in the Colorado theater rampage was seeing a university psychiatrist specializing in schizophrenia in the weeks before the July 20 attack, according to court records released Friday
I wonder how she's feeling at the moment.
- Do you think he has a big cock?
- On his AdultFriendFinder profile, he lists his cock size as Average.
- What is average for straight mass-murderers? Dahmer packed sizemeat.
- Homedude is gonna be back in court tomorrow. Sadly, no cameras will be allowed.
- Why is no one blaming Rush Limbaugh?
Limbaugh obviously nudged this nutcase over the edge...why does no one say anything?
- Explain yourself, R463.
- He was into rough sex:
[quote]he London Sun reported Sunday that Holmes had two rough, steamy encounters with a redheaded hooker from Aurora, and became obsessed with her flame-colored locks. “He liked to touch my hair and he told me the color was good,” call girl Monica Hall, 25, told the newspaper, saying she met Holmes once in 2011 and once again in 2012. “He was mean and during sex he kept gripping my hands and wrists. Next morning I discovered I had bruises.”
- Not hot.
- Why do hookers feel ok about announcing they're hookers whenever the media is involved? Don't they have family or anything?
Also, who hasn't had their wrists grabbed during sex?
- He must have a large cock or these whores would gladly get some extra $$$ by giggling about how small the murderer they fucked was.
He was in court today. No video. Apparently he was dazed but did speak to his lawyers at several points.
- [quote]Accused movie theater shooter James Holmes was charged with 24 counts of first degree murder today, two counts for each of the people he is accused of killing during an alleged shooting spree at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., on July 20.
I don't get it. Did he kill them twice?
- Who ever heard of a hooker lying for a few bob? (If sex doesn't leave marks and bruises, it's not being done right.)
- Why two murder charges for each killing?
- Prosecution is being greedy.
- This must be a white bitch to make this. You know I try to be as non racist as the next girl but fuck!!!!! U White people suck in everyway. You sit there u kill and get out walking the streets again cus of insanity pleas like just shut the fuck up and admit u are a horrible bread of shit and you kill because you are all idiots that does not know how to deal with stress or change. You sit there and act as if your better when the truth is black people are WAYYYY better at EVERYTHING. Cooking WITH FLAVOR!, raising our children, loving, living, and handling situations look at the news mostly all you sick fucks to kill your wife children and self because YOU LOOSE A DAMN JOB. Basically point is I'm tired of you getting away with murder and sucking. Thanks for reading now start on ur hate comments.......... Now CRACKERS!
- Ooh! Touch her!
- His DL photo:
- I find this incredibly funny for some reason.
- He pings to me.
- Do none of you remember that the same week of the shooting, Rush Limbaugh insisted that Hollywood liberals had made the villian in Batman, Bane, Bane because they wanted to persecute Romney over Bain Capatol. Rush knew that was a lie but he went on a screaming frenzy over the whole idea, demonizing liberals (which is what he does daily). Next thing we know, a man is shooting up the premiere of the new Batman film. Isn't it obvious what happened? Why else would Holmes decide to go to the theater and shoot up people at this premiere? He could have picked anywhere to go and shoot a lot of people but he picked Batman.
Use your heads.
- Pr4479, he had. Been planning this for months.
But it's possible there is a connection. This man was clearly under some kind of mind control.
- Why James Holmes Has Fans On the Internet
- He was planning something yes but did he know who, or where he was going to strick...until he heard Rush Limbaugh tell him?
- A science presentation by James Holmes in 2006
- He looks so different in that video, doesn't he? So much better looking now.
- I heard he was all Jodie Foster for Tina Yothers?
- Rollin with my Holmies!
Tina Yothers wishes
- The director of Pimp my Ride, Digity Dave, says James Holmes called him several times before the massacre.
- He sounds like a liar.
- Of course he does, Brandon at R489, etc..
You gross thing.
- The psychiatrist treating accused Aurora theater gunman James Holmes was so concerned about his behavior that she notified other members of the University of Colorado Behavioral Evaluation and Threat Assessment, or BETA, team that he could potentially be a danger to others ...
- Tumblr has EXPLODED with Holmies.
- I'll tumble 4 you, I'll tumble 4 you
- I'm really hoping he's found not guilty. According to his hearing yesterday, he suffers from mental illness. The type of illness wasn't disclosed, but it's obvious his brain has been damaged from whatever mind control he's been under.
If you pray, please keep him in your prayers.
- Americans don't want the gunlaws changed...we can just put up with all these crazy people running around killing people. It will simply happen more and more often and the NRA will still own this country. Too bad the temple was hit, with their peace loving people. Wish a NRA meeting would be hit...I'd like to see that. Now THAT might make me happy.
- 494, see 491.
That info was put under gag order by the courts.
They don't want anyone to know how sick he was so they don't have to worry about not being able to take revenge. It would ruin too many political and LEO careers to treat him appropriately.
He'll be put in a prison where he won't get the treatment he needs. Unless, of course, there is another trial (state charges are often tried after federal ones). Then, they'll force meds down his throat (literally) in order for him to be lucid enough to be tried. Never mind what his mental state was at the time of the shooting.
They'll refuse to consider any diminished capacity defense, then make him barter for his life, like they did to Weston, Loughner, etc.
They even have an attorney for the purpose. She's involved in most of these high profile cases: Unabomber, Loughner, others I'm forgetting.
- How cute is this?
- [quote]Why two murder charges for each killing?
One for the bullet going in, one for it coming out!
- [quote]This will probably be blamed on paranoid schizophrenia.
Which would be a justifiable blame.
The guy was mentally ill.
- [quote]I'm really hoping he's found not guilty. According to his hearing yesterday, he suffers from mental illness. The type of illness wasn't disclosed, but it's obvious his brain has been damaged from whatever mind control he's been under.
Well, he is guilty. Do you mean not guilty by reason of insanity? When's the last time that was actually declared?
The entire case is sad all around. Americans obsession with guns is disgusting.
As you can see, the mentally ill can get their hands on firearms and other weaponry without a problem.
- What is the pic at R498 from?
- [quote]Well, he is guilty. Do you mean not guilty by reason of insanity? When's the last time that was actually declared?
Not guilty by the fact that he wasn't in control of his mind. He was programmed and taken over. He wasn't mentally ill he was mentally controlled. Big difference, and of course it people think it sounds too ridiculous and too sci-fi so it keeps happening and no one looks into it or talks about it because then they just sound unhinged.
- He looks like Aaron Taylor-Johnson in Chatroom.
- He's so much better looking than that Lanza creep. It's a shame all of this attention is wasted on someone so ugly.
This asshole probably thought he was going to become some heartthrob like James Holmes did. The difference is this dude Lanza is weak. Holmes had plenty off quality tail while Lanza was creepy looking and alone. I bet he even looked like a pussy shooting up all those kids. You just know Holmes looked like a badass. And he wasn't a little bitch taking on
- Brandon, quit trolling.
The UK news had a segment on shootings in the US last night, which was quite good except for the part when the reporter repeated the "he was dressed as the Joker" line as the truth. Seriously, who fact checks anything now?
- Sorry, not trolling but I see your point. Just venting. Adam Lanza just irks me, targeting kids. Why go after kids? Infamy? Pedophile? I guess we won't ever know.
- MOVIE THEATERS SHOULD SELL GUNS AT THE CONCESSION STANDS!!! AUDIENCES NEED TO BE ABLE TO PROTECT THEMSELVES.
- So they are kids, I suppose it hurts the victims any more to get shot if they are adults? Actually it's worse when the adults die, as they leave behind kids who can't be cared for.
The parents can simply reproduce again.
So don't make out like one person's death is worse than another. I'm sure the relatives of those who died in Colorado or even WWII feel just as bad for their loss.
- Lots of cool info coming out of the hearing today.
One thing that is becoming more clear, Jimmy James was not acting on his own accord.
- Please be more specific, R510.
- According to video, he only had a cell phone on him. He had no way to prop the emergency exit. Witnesses say he got a phone call then left thru the fire exit to take the call. With no way to prop the door open, he wouldn't have been able to get back in. My guess is that when he got the call he went and opened the door for his accomplice.
One of the cops testified that when he was asked if he had an accomplice, James simply smiled.
- ANYONE WHO THINKS JAMES HOLMES ISN'T THE REAL VICTIM NEED TO LOOK AT THIS SITE. THIS IS HAPPENING.
- He may not have been in his right mind, but he is no victim.
- Not a victim? He was a smart, attractive guy who had his mind hijacked and only given back to him after his life had been destroyed. Imagine the helplessness he must feel. Plus we live in a world where such ideas are written off as sci-fi even though it is very real. So bring it up and people just dismiss it. Poor guy.
- James Holmes, Lanza, Manson, etc. are indicators that regardless of how educated and intellectual we think we are, there is real evil in this world and we cannot quantify it.
If Holmes was taken over by anything he was taken over by evil spirits. But he chose that, he let them in. Probably due to a big ego, and a need for power.
- He will be executed.
- Holmes is nothing like Lanza. That dude was a freak with no social life.
Holmes was good looking, social, and was getting laid. He certainly had more to lose. Very sad.
- Is this the thread for all the completely fucked-up posters? Oh, good. Would you all mind staying in here?
- Geez -- Manson had all the sex he wanted and that didn't stop him.
- I don't know much about Manson, he wasn't cute. But it's possible he was being controlled as well.
- He's so adorable! Just a little fuzzy whizzy boo bear.
- He's gay you know.
- You have to shoot a classroom full of little kids to get attention these days. Holmes is so 10 minutes ago.
- [quote]James Holmes, Lanza, Manson, etc. are indicators that regardless of how educated and intellectual we think we are, there is real evil in this world and we cannot quantify it.
MARY! What crackpot on television did you copy and paste that from?
These people are mentally ill. Yes, we humans stamp them as 'evil' -- it's a cute little explanation for a situation they don't want to comprehend, but there is a real reason why this happens, and claiming 'evil' is like people claiming schizophrenics as being possessed by the devil.
Lanza I actually feel sorry for, just as sorry as I feel for the victims. Why Lanza? Because he was seriously mentally ill. The entire situation could have been avoided. No professional did their job. They knew he was a ticking time bomb, and btw, just because you're mentally ill, that doesn't mean that you sit in a corner and stare, and that you can't put together something like a massacre. People are so fucking stupid. I've heard these so-called experts on television (who are failed therapists and psychiatrists) saying that if you premeditate something, you're not seriously mentally ill, and not not know right from wrong.
The majority of schizophrenics are not harmful. If you listen to the media, the mentally ill are all dangerous. I've listened to the coverage and it's sickening.
BTW, real psychiatrists do not diagnose people they aren't treating on television. Keep that in mind.
- R515, please provide the quotes from Holmes that he had no control over his mind whatsoever?
Are u saying that he is implying he had an accomplice that has not been caught yet?
- r516, Manson is not evil. He was a hit man for a drug dealing conspiracy. Some of them practiced satanic rituals, much like the Mexican death cults/drug cartels do now.
The 'helter skelter' race war shit was concocted by Manson to throw LEOs off the trail. The DA ran with it when it became apparent to them who the people behind Manson were and the real reason for the murders. (It also made a lot of careers.)
I realize that some people reading this think my tin hat is too tight, but all of it can be referenced by "normal", i.e., known, mainstream journalists, LEOs, etc. who looked into the case.
- James Holmes was fucking hot and awesome. I don't know what happened to him, it's weird to imagine the guy he was doing this. But he's responsible and should suffer real consequences for his actions. I don't hope for the death penalty, though.
- His xtube channel:
- Anyone else masturbating to the link at R529?
- He has a nice cock. Wish he showed his feet.
Apparently he was big into filming his hookups with chicks but I doubt we'll ever get to see them ):
- How do you know that's his Xtube channel R529? His pubes are not orange.
- R532, I don't know how these Internet people find these things, but it's his. I did notice its the same username that he had on his AdultFriendFinder account. He went by Jimbo and was born in 1987. The account also has been inactive for 7 months. I'm guessing that people are able to see the IP address of where the videos were uploaded from.
Sadly no assplay. I wish the whores he hooked up with would talk more.
- A James Holmes Admirer Opens Up About Her Crush: ‘He’s Not an Animal’
- Ugly and muderous as he may be, his lips look like he can sure suck a mean cock. Plus, I hate these newer, pretentious Batman movies anyway. I can think of worse movie-premiers to shoot up, tbh.
- I can't stop watching his xtube videos. I need help. Lawd Jeebus!
- He's a cutie. Squee!
- I wonder how this hot piece of psycho is doing in prison? I'd bunk with him!