- What choice does she have? She has absolutely NO talent.
- I reductive.
- A euro friend just emailed me: "We saw Madonna last night. We were not impressed. No running theme. No build up in the show. And too many cacophonic experiments. Last Madonna concert for us."
- FlopDNA! FlopDNA! FlopDNA!!!!
- omg i went to a madonna concert once and it was the worst experience of my life!
- She shamelessly stole so much from Peggy Lee. Well only in the costuming. Peg had more talent in her fingernail clippings than Madonna in her whole body.
- Regina from the 80s.
- She steals logos, too.
"Madonna is being accused of stealing the ‘M’ symbol for her new Truth or Dare perfume line by RJ Williams, an artist from Sydney, Australia.
Williams claims that that Madonna has breached his copyright of the symbol that he has been using for 8 years and trademarked last year."
“Friends from ALL OVER THE WORLD have been calling me upon seeing the Truth or Dare by Madonna campaign to express their DISGUST and support,” Williams told The Sunday Telegraph.
- It's never a mere "rip-off". I create "homages..."
Madge, I don't wanna hear, I don't wanna know...
- Funny, OP, none of the other posters who have used your invitation to "lists examples of songs and artists she stole from" to jump in and attack has actually managed to "lists" any other such alleged songs - perhaps because there aren't any!
But, you just know they are the type of individual who would praise Gaga (who stole her name from a Queen song) for her wonderfully original "Born this way" and all her other pioneering work!
R3, your "euro friend" sounds like he/she didn't like Madonna much in the first place, so why did they bother going? I've seen Madge in Europe on this tour and the tens of thousands in the crowd absolutely loved it. It was a fucking brilliant show.
Other people who attended the concert your "euro friend" went to (Madge played Helsinki on 12 August) have said of it:
"Oh god, the best day of my short life!" (presumably this person is one of the "young generation" that supposedly have never heard of Madonna),
"Thank you Finland for saving the Light! After the darkness at some countries in Europe it's such a relief for My Queens to be in the Scandinavian Countries! God." (ok, that wasn't so clear to me, but it underscores that your "euro friend" knows really good English for a "euro").
"Small snippet from the soundcheck in Helsinki. No make-up, and she seriously warmed up for us for a whole hour from when the gates opened. Was so awesome!! :D"
"A snippet from Revolver from the MDNA World Tour :D Awesome song and wonderful live, the crowd was going wild!"
"madonna is absolutely the best"
"Hänen majesteettisna pyllyys ;D"
And lots more. (Taken from various comments on YouTube in response to videos from the Helsinki gig.)
- Hm, my line spacing didn't quite work out there!
I just wanted to add, for OP, Malcolm Mclaren is the one who is famous for ripping many others off - so if you don't like "rip-off artists extaordinaire" it's kinda hypocritical to use him as an example of a so-called victim.
But, I guess Madonna must have ripped Mclaren off - she has worked with WIliam Orbit, who worked with Mclaren on "Deep in vogue". Although, even you must admit that the crossover is certainly not as great as Steven Klein working with both Madonna and Gaga on her "Alejandro" video (and, of course, Alejandro sounds nothing like "La Isla Bonita!).
- Meltdown alert!!! Meltdown alert!!!
Alisha, creator of "Baby Talk" which "inspired" "Into The Groove".
- Please, everyone rips off everyone else, especially in mainstream entertainment. If originality was more valued you'd have a lot less starving artists and musician types.
- No one mentioned Gaga, R10
- No R12. GROOVE was "inspired" by Mary Jane Girls CANDYMAN which came out three years prior.
- What is this shit? Regina and Alisha (produced by Shep Pettibone) ripped from HER, they were the early first wave of wannabes. God.
At least choose correct ones like the Hollywood video. Vogue at least was her cleverest rip off with several sources in the music, giving her a signature song.
R15 Never heard anyone mention Candyman, interesting. A Yellow Magic Orchestra song or something has also been brought up in connection with it.
- love profusion
- When its a white artist, its a "rip-off". When its a black artist, its "sampling". Got it.
- lol R17, so you mean the video? Well the video actually was funded by the perfume commercial it soundtracked which was exactly the same - meaning no surprise at all when it came out as the perfume ad played for weeks before it.
Billie itself is a rip-off of All Saints.
- What does Love Profusion tied to a perfume commercial have to do with it not being a rip off of the Honey to the Bee video? So both the Love Profusion video and the Estée Lauder campaign were "inspired" by the Billie video which was made 5 years prior to the Madonna product.
- ^ Pretty much. I was just saying that the Madge video was linked to the identical perfume ad and was one of her laziest, least hands on releases. I think someone mentioned "Honey to the Bee" back then, it's ringing a bell.
- "Vogue" dancing had been around since the 70's.
Diana Ross' brother did some moves onstage during her 1979 Cesar's Palace concert that was on HBO.
The audience squealed at his fierceness.
- Shit, even THIS USED TO BE MY PLAYGROUND!?
After Elton: Speaking of Madonna, did u ever notice that Madonna’s 1992 “This Used 2 Be My Playground” video is stylistically almost identical 2 ur late 80’s “2 Be Reborn” video?
Boy George: My video was directed by [fashion photographer n music video director] John-Baptiste Mondino, but Madonna’s was the 1 people remember. When it came out, I called it “This Used 2 Be My Video.”
- No surprise there as Mondino was a key Madonna collaborator along with the likes of Meisel and Herb Ritts.
A shame that their last work together Hollywood saw them bow out on a sour note, not as good as the previous iconic videos and also this one in particular was marred by plagiarism allegations which Vogue managed to escape, ripping off an old photographer's work.
- Oh for fucks sake!
All of you just need to die in a fire. A really big one. Or a plane crash. Eiether would do the trick.
Seriously. The Madonna hatred is so 2011.
- "Hollywood" video was a ripoff of Guy Bourdin photos.
Copyright infringement over at least 11 Bourdin works.
His estate sued, Mad-Donna had to pay up.
- It's amazing she did as well as she did. If anything, popular music, in order to be successful has to be original.
Just turn on the radio and you're bound to hear a unique artist perform music that is creative and fresh.
- my god, Madonna's This Used To Be My Playground video is an exact copy of the Boy George video!!! Same director or not, they should have at least tried to create something slightly different but no it's identical. It's mind boggling.
- Let's party like it's 2007 bitches!
- Yes Madonna stole many others, but did she ever rip-off a direct competitor's song, get called on it, and still deny she did it? There's no parallel to Gaga's hubris, as the "new Madonna" just picking one of M's hits and slapping a new title on it. And then refusing to apologize or admit it.
- "The Madonna hatred is so 2011."
No, dear. Madonna ennuis is 2011. Madonna hatred is eternal.
- R30 Madonna ignores all criticisms of her music. She has no defense for her thievery and therefore offers no excuses.
- The song that was lifted that became "Ray of Light."
- W&W R18, dead on! And this is from someone who believes that Madonna is a ripoff! The 'samplers' are all complete hacks with no talent that are propped up!
- R18 and R34 but none of those black artists get the acclaim or popularity of Madonna. She is considered to be the "queen of pop" even though she has stolen and continues to steal the ideas of others. Beyonce comes in at #2 but Madonna is viewed by critics and fans as above her. That's why this bitch deserves so much flak.
- Oh please shut up R30. You sound fixated.
- Madonna gives Curtiss Maldoon writing credit, R33. But she also gives herself credit for changing a few lyrics. But I had no idea that song even existed. I like the way Madonna remade it. Still one of my favorite Madge songs.
- Thanks R37. Did not realize that. It was in the other thread. Well why not purchase the rights and create something new...
That's why I defend "Hung Up" Blatant yes, but so clever and ABBA doesn't grant permission very often if at all...
- and all the times she didn't? Her song "Erotic" illegally sampled the vocals of a Lebanese singer and is banned in Lebanon because of it. Let's see-"Sky Fits Heaven" has lyrics she BOUGHT from a fucking Gap commercial. "Frozen" is banned in Belgium because she ripped off the melody.
- Her song "Rescue Me" is a blatant ripoff of Deee-lite's "Power of Love". So shameful.
- Have you guys seen all the sites showing her various looks that she copied from other entertainers? damn she's unoriginal.
- Here y'all go. Everything you ever wanted to know about Madge's music, likely compiled by some DL queen.
- Fuck me, I just had a look at all the people she's copied off over the years.
I find her scary. She is nothing. She is completely empty. She is 55 years old and she still doesn't know who she is, so she just steals - not only the image, but the personality of others. It all makes sense, now; her bisexual stage, her Letterman interview..wow she is a fucked up woman.
I don't care how rich she is, either, I think she seems like a nightmare.
If she wasn't a pop star I think she would be a narcissistic 'black widow' type.
- This is why Madonna never amounted to anything. If she had made better decisions, maybe she could have been successful in show-business.
- Wow I had no idea Ray of Light was a complete ripoff. It put her back in the spotlight, and i don't recall her ever EVER giving credit to the original artists.
What a total vampire fraud she is. Didn't know how bad.
- Like a Prayer is similar to ABBA's SOS. Same structure.
- That's the thing with Madonna-she has no original persona. She just changes her rip-off themes from album to album. Her behavior is so strange and she's NOT on drugs. That's what makes her really sad. I understand why people who are high all the time do crazy things but she acts and thinks this way without any substances altering her state of mind...scary as fuck this broad is.
- At the same time, she takes obscure songs by obscure artists and turns them into global hits. I mean, as if Deeelite and Regina were ever going anywhere.
- Deee-lite had a HUGE hit with "Groove Is In The House". She ripped off next second single.
- I'm listening to the album Erotica. You know, it's a good album. Very rich sounding.
- R50 then I"m sure you're enjoying the sampling of Fairuz, a Lebanese singer. Vadge thought she could get away with not crediting him. He received an undisclosed settlement from her (AKA SHE LOST THE CASE).
- If he got a settlement, doesn't it mean it didn't go to court?
I didn't know that once place her theft/fraud did go to court was in Belgium, where "Frozen" can't be played, due to copyright violation.
- R52 well "ERotica" is banned in Lebanon because of the incident. She tried ripping off 1 of the country's favorite iconic singers. She settled because obviously she would have lost the case. The chant you hear in the song is a direct vocal from Fairuz who btw is a woman not a man lol Madonna never asked for permission obviously so she had to pay up.
- If Madonna never resorted to ripping anyone off, her career wouldn't have made it. Her own ideas simply aren't good enough.
- Anyone ever see the uncensored version of the video? I'm surprised it's on youtube.
- Fairuz sues Madonna for $2.5 million for plagiarism over the Arab section/sampling in her song "Erotica". The song contains a section of a Christian Great Friday hymn that translates "Today, He is held to a cross" while Madonna repeatedly chants over Fairuz's voice 'All over me'. Upon the song’s release, the Vatican bans Madonna from entering the Vatican and she is banned on its radio stations. The song and its accompanying album are also banned in Lebanon. Sales of the song soar and reach 5 million units and an undisclosed settlement is reached between Fairuz and Madonna.
- I was listening to "Everybody Dance" by Chic yesterday, and I never realized until now how Madonna basically just re-worded the lyrics from that song for her songs "Everybody" and "Vogue". She even copied the Astaire and Rodgers reference from the Chic song for "Vogue". Don't forget she insisted on working with Nile Rogers and Bernard Edwards from Chic for her "Like a Virgin" album, which says a lot.
She has ALWAYS just taken other people's ideas and recycled them as her own.
- A long long time ago, I was at The Palladium in the multi-mirrored Michael Todd room upstairs, and her entourage walked in and cordoned off a section with velvet ropes. She stood around inside it for a while with a few of her sycophants.
It was like a black hole had sucked all the positive energy from the room.
- R58 Humorless, mean-spirited Vadge hanging around you is enough to make anyone miserable.
- Join me in FFing this troll. This is the only way we can get Dlounge back to where it used to be.
- Here she is imitating Marlene Dietrich at the screening of her MDNA tour film just recently:
- OH calm down, r61--you have a firm grasp of the obvious!
- That's a very obvious hommage to Dietrich. Is that not OK? Madonna would be the first to admit the inspiration because she has often talked about Dietrich over the years.
- Don't forget when she stole Michael Jackson's crotch grab and Barbara Eden's "I Dream Of Jeanie" hairstyle.
- You sad clutch of Queens. Really. Nothing better for you to do than dis the woman with largest number of CD/Album sales in the HISTORY OF EARTH!
Pathetic slouches, all of you. Must cringe every time Madonna is played while you man the Clinique counter at the mall where the white people used to shop.
- R65 = Sad Vadge stan
- R65.. BRILLIANT!
- please R65 you have NOTHING on Janbot. Vadge is indefensible.
- Biggest copycat in the history of entertainment.
- Madonna copying Janet Jackson:
- What the hell did she do to herself?? Who's she copying in this pic:
- She copied Elizabeth Taylor in Cleopatra at the Super Bowl half time show. Fuck she's a pathetic old whore. Pom-poms??
- I think the only original thing she's ever done is to say that losing her virginity was a career move.
Fucking for the sake of your career isn't original, but admitting it might have been.
- She also stole the wearing lingerie as an outfit on it's own from Vanity 6, who did that first in 1982.
- Bunch of assholes on this site.
- R75 = Ugly Vadge
- A couple things Vadge has done that are original:
1. allegedly beating up a 10 year old, Keith Sorrentino after she didn't want the kid taking her picture repeatedly. His family sued her and the case was settled out of court AKA she got physical with him
2. allegedly choking Rac Clake, son of Dick Clark, after a last minute rehearsal at the 1991 Oscars didn't go as planned.
- Madonna is a cunt, but I don't see her as violent.
- She's a total control freak and I don't see losing it and getting physical with anyone like that.
- Flame away, you lonely dregs of gay society.
- The Sorrentino vs. Madonna case was settled out of court. That means she must have paid them something which means she had to have laid a hand on him. There would be no reason for her to do it otherwise as she is notoriously cheap.
- What a fucking cunt.
- cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt
- Nice work, R84!
- Madonna has done nothing but steal throughout her entire career. LOL. She's so fucking pathetic. Talentless old skank.
- I don't care. Madonna did it better, no matter who she may have borrowed from. I'd rather see Madonna do Vogue than some nasty junkie tranny.
- "Madonna did it better". The original is always better, gurl. The fangurls and fangayz of this broad are a sad bunch.
- r87 She never borrowed, she STOLE! She has no shame.
- Everything she has ever done was unoriginal and stolen.
- I wonder who her next "inspiration" aka stealing victim will be for that next album.
- i like Madonna.
- "Mick Jagger copied Little Richard and Elvis. That's what the great ones do- they take from the best and add their own style to it." -
While I don't think that that Madonns is in the same class as Jagger, still, although there is much to criticize Maddonna for, stealing ain't one of 'em.
- Anyone who links to that nutty Judiciary Report website obviously is also a nut.
- [quote]A euro friend just emailed me: "We saw Madonna last night. We were not impressed. No running theme. No build up in the show. And too many cacophonic experiments. Last Madonna concert for us."
Are you friends with the Queen?
- If you stick around long enough, and pay close enough attention, you will discover that MOST pop culture hits are recycled hits of the past.
It's often enough to repackage a previous success for a new audience. Usually the current audience wasn't around for the previous incarnation of the pop hit, and the survivors of the previous hit's audience have aged out of that demographic and are either on to other things, or still enjoying the version of the hit from which the lastest version was bastardized.
It also helps that younger generations seem to be losing any appreciation for that which has come before.
- I love watching millenials discussing Madonna's plagiarism of things that happened a hundred years before they were born. Doesn't she deserve a gold star for just participating?
- Madonna was/is nothing more than a Las Vegas act which was presented to a pop and dance music audience. Anyone with half a brain could see that!
R97, what does not being born during Madonna's early have to do with history? Where you born during the time of the Roman Empire, highly doubtful, people learn about things from reading, you sound like such a moron.
I am NOT a millenial. I have lived through Madonna hanging out at Danceteria etc. She was then and has always been a poseur. She has admitted in early interviews that music was the route to real money and success, even though she wanted to be a dancer, she knew music was a better route, thought she knew her talent was less than minimal, she knew she has to be very heavy on the visual aspect of her 'music'. What fucking joke.
She tried to rip off obscure artists, music and otherwise, until hip people realized she was ripping off people like Charles Gatewood and other photgraphers imagery.
EVERYTHING she has done across the board, from music to iconic actresses and photographers can obviously be seen by all. Whether or not people want to acceopt the fact that she hasn't one original bone in her body, that's their perogative if they want to be oblivious!
Her early hits were written by others, I think one guy's last name was Leonard, he stated he cut off twriting for her when she demand her write her "more hit songs", He told her he wasn't a robot and that he couldn't write her "hit songs" on demand.
It's pretty clear to anyone with a functioning brain, that she's a scared control freak and damn untalented one at that. It's amazing it's taken the general public so long to see the obvious fraud that the world knows as Madonna. It's going to be amazing when Lourdes writes her own "Mommy Dearest" book!
- r98, blah, blah, blah. Madonna is THE biggest female pop star in the the history of music. She is the stick by which every other female pop star is measured. Congrats to the Queen of Pop on the 30th anniversary of the release of her debut album.
- WONDERFUL R99!!
Don't look now, R98, but you just got droned!
- I don't give a shit about what a raging bitch Madonna can be in her personal life - I'll never have to live with her. She's made some damn good music over the past 30 years and has had some very entertaining videos and live performances.
- "good music" is subjective. Many of us think her music is annoying.
Anyway, if Vadge stans and also the press would stop implying that everything in music started with Vadge, maybe those of us who aren't her fans would stop bashing her. Anytime a younger starlet does something, everyone compares her to Vadge and they say "Vadge did it first". That's an annoying statement because as this thread proves, Vadge wasn't the first to do anything. She too did things that had already been done, but for some reason receives an unfair amount of credit as the originator of all things pop.
- ummm...R102 ? No one gives a shit what you think.
- [quote]blah, blah, blah. Madonna is THE biggest female pop star in the the history of music. She is the stick by which every other female pop star is measured. Congrats to the Queen of Pop on the 30th anniversary of the release of her debut album.
Who the fucks cares? How does this information help YOU in your life? Does this dour talentless bitch cut you a monthly check?
People with ZERO taste, and no knowledge about REAL music, could care less that she is "the biggest" whatever in the world. Unfortunately, you are too ignorant to get my point. You have bought the Kool Aid....hook, line and sinker!
What does her success have to do with her possessing TALENT? Her success is more about the general public being a bunch of groveling sheep, not discerning fans of actual great timeless pop music! No one will pull out a Madonna LP/CD on 50 years time, but they will pull out The Beatle and Motown!
One of my favorite musical artists, a true orginal, David Bowie, once said in an interview, "Sales are not a barometer of whether or not the music is good." He is 100% correct!
Look at how famous KISS were, and to some extent still are, they are horrid, their music is juvenile and tedious. yet their fans are rabid. That pretty much describes Madonna's fans, rabid and delusional.
No, I haven't been "droned", YOU have been continuously duped by a fraud since this talent free woman hit the music scene!
- preach, R104 Vadge is the biggest copycat, thief and the most overrated female recording act of all time. It's sad that so many people for the past 30 years have had no taste and couldn't see through her gimmicky and rip-off act.
- Is Aiesha or whatever the fuck her name is off her meds and bitching about M. Louise Ciccone stealing her shit again? And that the CIA is hacking her website stealing script ideas? No, sweetie.
- [quote]It's amazing she did as well as she did. If anything, popular music, in order to be successful has to be original. Just turn on the radio and you're bound to hear a unique artist perform music that is creative and fresh.
[quote]If you stick around long enough, and pay close enough attention, you will discover that MOST pop culture hits are recycled hits of the past. It's often enough to repackage a previous success for a new audience. Usually the current audience wasn't around for the previous incarnation of the pop hit, and the survivors of the previous hit's audience have aged out of that demographic and are either on to other things, or still enjoying the version of the hit from which the lastest version was bastardized. It also helps that younger generations seem to be losing any appreciation for that which has come before.
FINALLY someone with a brain in this this thread. And nowadays things move so fast that hits from 6 month ago are recycled in that tired Katy Perry EDM sound that hasn't went away this decade.
Those who expect originality in pop music are ridiculous. Originality is the hardest commodity to come by, by this stage everything has been done before and we're onto just retreads. At the moment stuff from 20 years ago is being recycled, with a lot of samples from 90s house records and 90s nostalgia. Art can't be created in a vacuum.
- Why is it necessary for OP to start this thread? That is the question.
- It's necessary because so many Vadge stans proclaim this woman as the "originator" of all things pop music. She doesn't have an original bone in her body. All her "work" is ripped off from both obscure and other famous entertainers. When Vadge stans go around saying so and so "copied Vadge", it makes the rest of us giggle and shake our heads.
- Good R109, giggle and shake you head---but then GO AWAY because no one cares about your head full of shit.
- R110 "head full of shit" lol is that you Lourdes? or is it Rocco?
- Madonna is nothing but a Marilyn Monroe tribute artist.
- r105 [quote]Vadge is the biggest copycat, thief and the most overrated female recording act of all time.
Madonna is a talentless old street corner skank who sucked CEO cock to get to the top. LOL. She's can't sing, she can't dance, she can't act, she can't direct.
- Madonna has no conscience:
- R7, Regina came out after Madonna's first album...
I remember hearing Baby Love and thinking it WAS Madonna.
- [quote]It's necessary because so many Vadge stans proclaim this woman as the "originator" of all things pop music. She doesn't have an original bone in her body. All her "work" is ripped off from both obscure and other famous entertainers. When Vadge stans go around saying so and so "copied Vadge", it makes the rest of us giggle and shake our heads.
- Madonna is before my time.
- Camille Paglia's famous essay "Madonna - Finally, A Real Feminist." She makes some good points.
- Who's Madonna?
- Bitches, shut the fuck up! I only steal when it can further my career.
- I wonder if Vadge will start stealing from famous senior citizens soon. She's rapidly approaching that age group.
- Madonna copying Jocelyn Wildenstein:
- Joan Rivers, Betty White, Cloris Leachman all better watch their backs!
- Who the FUCK name their daughter Cloris???
- R23 That was the most BLATANT rip off I've ever seen in my life! She didn't even try to hide that she was copying.
- Can someone come over tonight and help me count my piles of money?
- Copycat? Who me??
- I shove my money up my cunt then feed it to my boytoy slave. He loves eating money out of my pussy.
- Can't wait till she retires!!!
- R131 sadly that will never happen. Vadge stans will always buy her shit (see last album).
- she wouldn't have a career if it weren't for ripping off others
- She is the most frequent ripoff recording act ever
- No one young knows who she is......
- Is all post removed by the tedious troll the Janbot?
Good riddance from DL. That thing was a fucking nightmare!
- R134 is the Janbot obsessed stalker. Vadge rightfully has a lot of critics on this site
- R135 - Madonna is a dried up, ridiculous cunt who has become a caricature of herself. I couldn't care less if she dropped dead tomorrow.
What was utterly nauseating though was the Janbot blight. It was ruining the site and a very definite "tedious troll" as the webmaster has aptly tagged it. This is one of the few times I have ever posted about that tedious troll so just go fuck yourself. Did it ever occur to you that there are a lot of people on DL that hated the tedious troll??? There were.
- R136 Janbot is a paying member and opens his own threads. He hasn't done anything to be banned either. The deleted posts probably belonged to someone else. So you go fuck yourself and stop getting so bent out of shape over a fucking message board. weirdo
- This thread is VERY truthful. She HAS ripped off many people over the years. Bitch ain't original!
- I liked Janbot.
- Stevie Nicks ie Ghosttown
- Vadge's "Like a Whore" album cover is a copy off of Linda Ronstadt's "What's New" album cover, which was "coincidently" released a year before.
- Yes, Madonna's biting Stevie now. Maybe Stevie will throw a hex on her. She has every right to.
- Funny thing is, despite all the mouth-foam being sprayed around here, Rebel Hear is a fucking great album!
- [quote]Rebel Hear is a fucking great album!
- Makes sense that she's ripping off Stevie Nicks now. Stevie is 1 of the few remaining singers she hasn't ripped off previously.
R143 check those sales numbers! FLOP
- Copied Kim Wilde.
- "Let The Music Play" by Shannon definitely "inspired" Madonna,though I'm not sure it rises beyond that.
- lmao I'll NEVER not be able to laugh at Vadge buying the lyrics from a fucking Gap commercial so she could use it in her "Sky Fits Heaven" shit song on the Ray of Light album. Hysterical and embarrassing, Vadge!
- you mean this, R148
- Get Into the Groove is the same sound as Let the Music Play.
What gets me about Madonna is, it's apparent in every live performance that she not only can't really sing but she's kind of tone deaf - she has no musical ear. I think, being the sociopath she is, she didn't let that stop herself from having a career, whereas most normal human beings might be like, you know, I'm not that good at this so probably shouldn't try and fake it.
Madonna has faked it her whole career. I don't know how she sleeps at night. Oh, that's right - she doesn't.
- The problem is that Madonna went after GaGa, for something she had done herself, with the very same song.It was petty and mean-spirited.
"Express Yourself"(especially the chorus) was ripped off from two songs...a song called "Respect Yourself", a song by the Staple Singers (it was later remade by Bruce Willis!) and a song called "Express Yourself", a hit by Charles Wright and the 103rd street Rhythm Band .
Madonna stole a lot of hooks from other songs, so turning on GaGa was really hypocritical. Madonna should have embraced her as a daughter figure, especially at a time that GaGa was doing a lot of gay rights advocacy. But Madonna resented the younger singer...it was ridiculous.
- The chorus on "Papa Don't Preach" was a direct rip-off of the Sam Harris song "Sugar Don't Bite", which was released two years earlier.
- seriously ?? we are reaching into the Sam Harris catalog?
- R153, and your point is???
- You don't think Madonna knew who Sam Harris was?? All her friends were gay then, and she lived in gay dance clubs. The chorus for "Sugar Don't Bite" is EXACTLY the same as "PaPa Don't Preach".
- "Wanting...waiting...for -"
"What? More lyrics?"
- Here's the thing...no one CARED. We all knew she was 'borrowing', but no one cared. Then she attacked GaGa as "reductive", and the irony of that pissed people off. I loved Madonna, back in the day, but she's really turned into this snooty, mean-spirited person who's embarrassing herself trying to be 22 years old. All of that could be overlooked if she was still fun, funny, and tried to appear to have a sense of humor about herself. But these days she comes across as a cranky old bitch.
- No  it pissed off Gaga fans. Why? Because after that moment Gaga was labeled as a cheap Madonna wannabe by pretty much everyone.
- R157 not everyone knew-a lot of Vadge stans never knew she ripped off so many people because a lot of them aren't real music fans. Also, Vadge has always been snooty and mean-spirited. You think that's something new? She's pure evil in addition to being talentless which makes for an obnoxious, unlikable combo.
- No one has copied more ideas than Madonna. She's the most unoriginal recording act ever.
- Now she's stealing from Madonna impersonators!
- R158, NO. It pissed off the people who admired the LGBT rights activism that GaGa was involved in. I couldn't care less about her music. But Madonna struck out at GaGa at a time when there was an anti-gay backlash against GaGa. Because Madonna's a piece of shit.
- R161 that Madonna impersonator was not the first to do that Rocco bit. That meme's been going on for years. I've even heard it on DL, people wondering if Madonna propositions Rocco's friends a la Mrs. Robinson, or if Rocco pimps out his friends to her. What would've made it a true rip-off would be if in that video Madonna and Rocco were eating breakfast together.
- Regardless, no way did Vadge come up with her own flop jokes. I'm sure she had "help" with the writing and conception.
- Madonna has been sued so many times for copyright infringement and her reaction was "I guess when you're famous people like to sue you". No, bitch, people sue you because you like to rip off their ideas and get the money/credit for them.
- This site lists quite a few. She's a pretty good darn thief.
- Fuck off, Gaga Ghouls. Gaga is a copy cat, and was exposed. She's two steps behind, and will always be.
- R167 this has nothing to do with Gaga. It has EVERYTHING to do with Madonna who is the biggest thief in the music industry. No one has ripped off as many people as she has over the last 34 years. Everything this woman has ever done was ripped off from other people.
- Oh SUCK IT! R168. No one believes your lies.
- R169 = delusional and crazy Vadgestan who can't accept the TRUTH.
- Lady Gaga is a fart in comparison with Madonna. Gaga copies Madonna, not the opposite, don't make me laugh!
- So I hate, for example, Kim Kardashian and her criminally stupid brood. I do not open up threads about her, nor do I read any articles I see online about her because I really do not like anything about this person and what she stands for.
I would not go into a thread to discuss her. I would not start threads about her. I want nothing to do with this woman.
So if you hate someone, why start threads about her? Why engage in even hateful conversations about her all the time?
Just because you say you hate Madonna does not exclude you from being a fan. All you individuals who spend hours and hours online hating her are, in truth, obsessed with her.
You are keeping her alive. You say you hate her, but you WORSHIP her.
- no, numb nuts at R172
Criticizing someone doesn't equal interest.
I can criticize G W Bush all I want and reply to as many threads on such a subject as I want and that doesn't make me a fan of G W Bush
This thread is about all the stuff 'she who shall remain nameless' has stolen from other artists in order to keep her career going...no interest in the twat.
- r152/r155, Brian Elliot wrote Papa Don't Preach.
- Anyone who links to that AishaMusic site is a moron. The woman who runs it is certifiable. Any crazy person can file a lawsuit, and celebs in particular attract the crazies. r166's link includes "Aisha v. Madonna (civil rights and copyright infringement)," which was a frivolous lawsuit filed by that nutty Aisha. Another frivolous lawsuit listed at r166's link is DeCastro vs Madonna (invasion of privacy and commissioned stalking and harassment of a Miami family). This is how Miami New Times described Mr. Castro in a 1997 article (it also applies to AishaMusic):
"Like any other profession, law is practiced by both zealots and goof-offs, overachievers and slackers, crusty experts and inexperienced novices. But it is safe to say that within the diverse legal circles of South Florida there are no practitioners who come close to the relentless fecundity of pro se litigant Alfredo F. de Castro. Plaintiff par excellence, de Castro lifts the mundane act of filing a lawsuit to the level of performance art."
Click the link and you'll see just how many laswuits Mr. Castro has filed against celebs (including Madonna), which brings me back to the point that anyone can file a lawsuit, even if it's without merit.