- Linda Hunt
- Nice example OP. Shoulder length pubes.
- Longer than shoulder length and not pube-like.
- As a kid, I would have killed for Helen Slater's flaxen tresses in "Supergirl". MARY!
- SJP has long, thick luxurious hair back in the day.
- Amy Adams has lovely long, thick, natural-looking red hair.
I'm actually trying to make my hair look the same way, and I'm pretty close. I just need to match the color, most commercial dyes are more garish.
- Portia DeRossi has great hair.
- Sandra Bullock has a nice, thick mane of hair
- These days, I think many of them are enhanced.
Back when, Phoebe Cates always had such healthy glossy looking hair.
- No contest, Jane Fonda. Barbarella had great hair and it still looks great (although a lot shorter) today. I credit Sally Hershberger.
- blake lively
- Jennifer Aniston
- Courtney Cox
- Kelly Preston has great hair
- Sonia Braga
- Sally Field had beautiful, shiny hair in NORMA RAE.
Halle Berry when she wears it short.
- Peri Gilpin during her Frasier years
- Julia Roberts owes her career to her hair
- Valerie Bertinelli. Still looks great, in my opinion.
- Both Kelly Preston and Nancy Travis circa 1990 had stunning hair. Long, luxurious curls.
- Heather Graham was also in that same early '90s curly hair vein, R20.
- That looks like Teri Polo.
- R8 - I thought Sandra looks better with shorter hair. Loved the bob she had in that movie with Stallone and the messy bob in Speed.
R19 Val always had great hair.
Holly Marie Combs on latter seasons of Charmed.
There was a redhead - Khystne Haje - on Head of the Class with amazing hair.
Melody Thomas Scott, Tricia Cast, and Heather Tom from Y & R. Alison Sweeney (ten years ago) from Days.
- My bad, R22, that is Teri Polo. She, too, fit into that big curly hair mode back then. Here is Heather Graham from that era...
- Teri had great waves.
- Brooke Shields....the color and thickness.
- Tawny Kitaen's fiery red mane
- She needs to start doing this with her hair again
- R23, agree with everything except Sandra. I was mortified when I saw that she'd cut her near-waist-length hair so short for Demolition Man.
- I wanted Apollonia's hair in "Purple Rain" during the '80s
- Yeah, Julia Roberts looks better with the long red wavey hair.
- Julianne Moore seriously had a full, lush head of hair during her ATWT tenure. It's since thinned out a bit.
- blake lively
Those are extensions. Most of that girl is fake.
- Like someone else mentioned unthread, most actresses today have enhanced hair. Weaves, extensions, full out wigs. I used to assume Hollywood hair was natural, but now I'm always skeptical.
Most hair on soap operas look fake to me. I'm constantly trying to look for signs of hair pieces.
I always thought alyssa Milano had great hair. I can see why they hired her for the Wen hair commercials.
Did the main woman on Who's the Boss wear a wig?
- Alyssa does have great hair. Always has.
No, Judith Light didn't wear a wig, but her hair was a mess on Who's The Boss? for the first several years, color AND style. It got better later on in the series.
- R26 - love Brooke's hair long and wavy. Similarly, Jennifer Connelly looks great with that style.
R29 - yes, Demolition Man was the movie. I loved that style.
Jane Seymour had a wondrous mane back in the 80s and 90s
- Katie Holmes. It always appears to fall perfectly and effortlessly. Also, it's got shine. I always longed for hair I could just let dry naturally without styling. I look like a mushroom head if I do.
- Heather Langenkamp from Nightmare on Elm Street always has really thick, healthy hair.
- Heather Langenkamp was gorgeous, and her hair was to die fir.
Oh, Theresa Russell in Impluse. Great head of hair. There's a scene where she rips off her wig and let's her real hair down.
- Julianne Moore, seriously.
- Meg Ryan's hair when long, looks luxuriously lush and wavy. Cybil Shepard and Barbara Hershey still have great hair. Barbara Stanwyck had some thick, curly hair that looked magnificent in her 40s films.
- Meg had a nice mane too - 15 years ago.
Anne Hathaway can grow nice hair.
- Linda Carter always had a gorgeous mane of dark hair:
- Mary McDonnell
- Agree about Meg. There's a series of films she did where her hair was just to die for ("Joe Vs. The Volcano", "Prelude to a Kiss" are just two of them).
- Meg in "Prelude..."
- Always loved Rae Dawn Chong's curly ringlets.
- Noelle Beck from Loving (and the end of ATWT) always had beautiful, thick hair.
- All-time best: Rita Hayworth.
Second place: Veronica Lake.
Third Place: Farrah Fawcett.
- kristin kreuk has wonderful tresses
- Andie McDowell
Crystal Gayle (hair to her knees)
Freida Pinto, Aishwarya Rai and most Indian actresses
- Shannen Doherty has always had a long, healthy head of hair.
- R45 - I think Prelude was Meg's best hair.
Shannen had great hair (and I loved her bangs), but not recently.
- She is not an actress but Maria Shriver has a beautiful head of hair.
- R54 - we mentioned Brooke.
- Interesting, relatively few blondes. I haven't paid much attention, but is dark hair generally thicker/healthier? I can see how the bottle blonds might not make the list since the process can damage the hair and looks cheap on a lot of actresses. I guess some deliberately go for that cheap look.
- Another vote for Sandra Bullock, she has amazing hair genes. Most actresses hair thins out with age and processing, hers is still has thick and healthy as it was it the 90s.
- R57 - Artificial blondes will have to endure the dyeing process, which ages hair. Plus, natural blondes tend to have lighter skin, and they generally age faster (there are exceptions - see Kim Bassinger).
- Speaking of Kim Basinger, her hair was glorious during the Batman/The Marrying Man era.
- Julia Roberts of course.
- Dyan Cannon.
- Zira from Planet of the Apes.
- Apparently Ava Gabor used her own hair for all the wigs she sold.
- Eva Gabor. Pronounced "Ava."
- R60 - Thank you!
Dyan had great hair, R62, not so much lately.
- Elisabeth Shue has nice, thick hair
- For that 1980s hair justified - Melena Kanakaredes. Her hair is so good it is bad, and she knows it.
- Connie Newton Needham of Eight is Enough
- Connie with shorter hair
- How come there are more white actresses on this thread than black? Black women spend huge amounts of time and money on hair, let's be fair to the sisters.
I love Gina Torres' hair. Yeah I know, it's a weave.
- Meg Ryan in Prelude to a Kiss was a dead ringer for porn star Ginger Lynn.
- we're talking about heads of hair not crotches.
- Julianna Margulies
- Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation-era hair was fabulous!
- Lauren Graham
- Bernadette Peters
- Lainie Kazan
- Suzanne Pleshette
- beyonce, lindsey lohan...
- Cher has always had gorgeous hair. Why she always wears wigs, I'll never know.
- R78 - I love Lauren, but think she looks better with shorter and curlier hair (like on Townies).
- John Stamos, especially when he was Uncle Jesse.
Now he's just hairy all over and has dingleberries.
He wanted me to eat his ass and I was all like, "You do some landscaping and take a shower THEN give me a call."
- Kristina Wagner back in the 80s with those long blonde curls.
- John Stamos was so hot as long haired Uncle Jesse, except that he has a messed up stomach and could never take his shirt off
- R10, that was enhanced with hairpieces.
R72, wigs and weaves don't count.
I love Debra Messing's hair.
- Sigourney Weaver's hair looks full and healthy, and she knows is:
- OP=Tom Cruise?
- Zelda Rubinstein
- Heather O'Rourke had beautiful, cornsilky hair.
- For the blondes:
- r93 - Really? She has awful, thin, lank hair. It's only the young, beautiful face that offsets it.
- Jane Fonda is looking terrific these days, but I understand her short, choppy style is a WIG.
- Kristin Davis has a great head of thick, raven hair.
- More great SJP '80s hair
- Mary Louise Parker, though her face looks like she has something done to it...
- Seriously, MPL's wonky face, is that from Botox misuse?
- Jennifer Beals, though the way she has it styled it looks like a wig.
- The "Facts of Life" girls had great hair, particularly Felice Schacter and Julie Pierkarski (sp?)
- Demi Guynes Moore Willis Kutcher has enviable locks. Hell, she's shaved her head, chopped her hair short, bleached it, curled it, dyed it, etc, and it always manages to grow back long and luxurious.
- Why Uncle Jesse have that messed up shit on his stomach?
- R96 - Love Kristin's hair.
R101- The FoL girls did have good hair. Well, at least those from the early seasons.
What about Charlene Tilton and Mary Crosby from Dallas?
- Jurnee Smollett, former child actor with long, sandy-colored curly ringlets
- Back in the day, Emmanuelle Beart. These days, Eva Mendes or Salma Hayek.
- Miss Tilton did have gorgeous blonde locks back in the day
- Ditto Mary Crosby
- Mary Crosby again
- Another of Ms. Crosby
- I'd give the edge to Charlene.
- Yeah John Stamos easily wins for having the best hair.
- Jennifer Morrison before she went blonde.
- Jennifer Jason Leigh had thick, full hair in the '80s.
- I forgot about Sandra Bullock. I recently watched a really awful 90's film she did with Rae Dawn Chong and Fisher Stevens. Her hair was long and beautiful.
- Really awful, R115? That movie you're talking about, "When The Party's Over", is a great little flick with wonderful performances by Rae Dawn Chong and Sandra Bullock. It was like a "Big Chill" for the '90s. I do agree, though, that her hair was gorgeous in it. Waist-length and black. Too bad she had to cut it all off for "Demolition Man".
- Jennifer Morrison has a good head of hear, nothing remarkable.
Demi has a great head of hair.
Eva Mendes' is actually thinner than you think, but can get great body, which makes it look more lush than it is.
Eric Roberts has an amazing head of hair.
Denise Richards has enough hair for 2 people. And it's all hers. When it's styled, it looks like a shampoo ad- shiny and bouncy and gorgeous.
- Audra McDonald seems to have nice, thick hair. I think she looks better with curly hair than straight.
- Agree with Denise Richards. Her hair is gorgeous.
Also, Andie MacDowell's curly hair...
- Debra Messing, Bernadette Peters. What can I say? I love the jewfro.
- Melody Thomas Scott aka Nikki from Y&R has always had great hair.
- Eve Plumb had the best hair out of the Brady girls
- Another of Helen Slater. Such a great bleach job in "Supergirl", you'd never even know she's really a brunette. Too bad she had to buzz it off in "The Legend of Billie Jean".
- Elena Anaya
- OMG! A Hair thread!
- Rachel True, beautiful hair, beautiful woman
- Stacey Dash--great hair (not a weave)
- Chilli from TLC (also not a weave)
- Pamela Anderson knows how to work some extensions!
- R122 - Eve had better hair than Maureen.
R123 - The buzzcut worked better on Helen than the style she had in Ruthless People.
- All these little posts, and my famous locks unmentioned.
I assume you all are retarded Congolese dope fiends.
- [quote]Eve had better hair than Maureen.
Indeed she did. Maureen's hair was more limp and dishwater blonde than Eve Plumb's flowly and fluffy golden locks.
- R132 - Maureen's hair was also very thin at the ends. Would have looked better mid back whereas Eve had hers full even below her waist,
- True, R133. In later BB seasons, you can see Maureen's hair is uneven, as the sides come just pass her shoulders while the back almost touches her waist.
- Jane Asher had it going on with her red mane.
So sad when I realized how many actresses wear really good wigs.
- only one vote for Farrah Fawcett and that vote is for her being third place? She built a multi-million dollar empire from her hair. Although I liked Jacquelyn Smith's hair better.
- Sissy Spacek had beautiful hair in Carrie. It was hard to tell except for the bathing the blood off scene.
- R136 - I thought Jacklyn and Cheryl had better hair than Farrah.
- Stylist has an entire expose on the beauty that is Ann-Margret's hair.
- Lauren Ambrose
- Another of Lauren
- Oprah has a great, thick head of hair
- Phylicia Rashad, another actress of color with awesome hair
http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/pv/The Cosby Show-1.JPG
- More great Oprah hair
- Oprah does have good hair. Ditto the Allen sisters.
- I love how Debbie Allen has let her hair grow out in recent years.
- I love the smell of shampoo. Of course, I think I like the smell of Clairol cream conditioner better. You know, when it's on a freshly bleached head? I don't know. I like them both, but...
- Tamlyn Tomita--sleek black tresses
- I always thought Lois Chiles' hair was amazing
- Loved Kerri Green's hair in "Goonies"
- R150 Lois was gorgeous when she was young.
- Oprah wears wigs! What's she doing on this thread.
- Kim Richards in Tuff Turf
- Kim Richards (Paris's aunt) had impressive length!
- She did! Not quite Crystal Gayle length, but still loooong.
- Evangeline Lily from Lost
- Candace Cameron had great hair as a kid.
- Kim Myers, Meryl/Annette O'Toole lookalike has wonderful tresses.
- Veronica Hamel
- Phoebe Cates had beautiful long dark hair.
- Kim Meyers looks so much like Meryl it's uncanny.
- This one isn't even close. Vicki Frederick. The hairstylist from A Chorus Line said that her hair looked as if Walt Disney had dipped his brush into indigo ink and created her hair.
- Not an actress, but Martha Stewart has awesome hair.
- Of today's group, I'd vote for Jennifer Anniston.
- R161 - I thought Phoebe looked better in short hair. Loved the haircut she had in Drop Dead Fred.
- Wow, that Vicki Frederick chick does have great hair. As for Jen Aniston, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I never did with that whole "Rachel" hairdo thing. I actually liked her hair better before "Friends", when it was longer and darker.
- R187 - I disliked the rachel on Jennifer. She looks better with longer hair, as she has worn it recently.
- kristin kreuk
- Kat Dennings and Amber Heard both have great sets of hair.
- Perfect waves/curls.
- I like Kat's hair.
- Jasika Nicole with her natural hair is just flawless.
- Thanks R171 - Kat reminds me a little of a young Kate Winslet.
- Julianne Moore..especially when it's really long.
Connie Britton, too.
Of the soap gals, I loved Alicia Minshew's curly locks on AMC.
Wow, haven't thought about Vicki Fredrick in years. Her hair was amazing when she took it down in A Chorus Line.
- Kim Richards in the 80s
Lindsay Wagner still has very nice hair.
- She was known for having other um assets, but Lydia Cornell had a nice head of hair.
- Demi Moore owns this thread.
- Hands down, Connie Britten. And it's not a weave!
- People seem to forget that Jen Aniston has naturally thick wavy hair. I wish she would stop wearing it straight and stringy, I hate that flat ironed look.
In fact, when she was on the short lived TV series version of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", her hair was massive.
Here's Jen with her real hair and real nose.
- Another view of Jen's natural hair....
- Brooke Shields - 1991
- last page bumpy
- Sean Young in Blade Runner.
- Angie Harmon has long, beautiful hair.
- Khrystyne Haje
- Brooke Shields - still.
- I think Angie Harmon wears extensions.
- Farah Fawcett owns this thread with second place going to
- I didn't think Farrah's hair was that special.
- Patty Duke when she won the Emmy for My Sweet Charlie
- Monica Bellucci
- At the peak of her Charlie's Angel's fame, Farrah experienced hair loss, which explains the radical shift in styles over the next several years. Ever the Texas girl, Farrah had been giving herself home perms and bleaches/highlights for years when it started to fall out/break off.
Ultimately, it grew back. She did have a lovely head of hair. And she looked good with straight hair.
- Kate Middleton
- Kate does have beautiful hair.
- Kristina Kreuk
Portia de Rossi
- Julianna Margulies actually has a nice head of hair, but she insists on wearing wigs for THE GOOD WIFE in the name of practicality.
You would be amazed at the number of TV and film actresses wearing wigs at any given time.
- Apollonia in PURPLE RAIN
- Stefanie Powers had gorgeous hair on Hart to Hart.
- AnnE, when she had long hair. She appears to be growing it out again.
- R202 - like here
- When was that video r203, from 2007? surprised at how much more natural acting and relaxed she was then. wtf happened to her?
- I think that was 2007/8.
- Its in the genes, mes petits.
Pity it was often in a turban as it was notable.
- I rocked 80s hair like no one else.
- Tawny K. is a lioness!
- Sandra Oh.
- Maria Shriver, yes I know she isn't an actress.
- Maria was married to Ahnold. That took a lot of acting.
- Kim Richards in the 1980s.
- Can we include singers? Because I always liked Sinead O'Connor.
- The lead of CBS's schlocky summer series Reckless. Whatever her name is.
- Alex Kingston owns this thread.