- the weather has been dreadful, hope it changes soon
- Yes, perfectly dreadful!
- I'm so sick.
- M is for Maud, who was swept out to sea.
N is for Neville, who died of ennui.
- S is for Scoliosis - the reason he rests his head on your shoulder.
E is for epilepsy - those chills you send down his curvature of the spine
L is for Lime disease - because it's not a hickey.
What does it spell?
- At the tone,
the underwhelming will be
- We're hitting our first flea market of the summer.
I have to leave the dog at home because it's too hot to leave her in the car.
I'll have to block the living room off because she'll shit on the floor to punish me.
- I'm thinking of getting a rescue dog. A greyhound, I think.
- Greyhounds are awesome, r8! Just make sure you find a vet who is capable of dealing with their special needs. One of my best friends had a greyhound that became my special buddy. He liked to play lapdog, which lead to a lot of hilarious moments.
Now I'm drinking coffee, waiting for CBS Sunday morning to start.
Bengali in Platforms
- I tried looking for a catholic message board but only found some useless sites. one was very interesting but it was not accessible the way it designed, I understand that that is the way forums are designed but still I find it an eye sore
- It's cold outside!
- I canceled my Galaxy III, it would cost me 860 euros for a contract of 2 years
If I buy a new one on ebay (risky risky) I woudl pay 450e and then I would pay 260e for a sim only deal bringing it to a grand totall of 710 euros. no big difference in the great scheme of things.
soooo I'm kind of left thinking should I or shouldn't I
- The humidity is 84% this afternoon! Ugh!
Feels like a warm sauna outside.
I'm staying inside with my friend Wilis Carrier!
- My asshole itches. I hope it's not piles.
- Are all muscle men bad at sex? 'My' one certainly was. Thankfully there was no backdoor shenanigans or I think I would have wanted to kill myself when he put it in me.
*deletes number from phone*
It's pissing down outside.
- This isn't underwhelming - but I SERIOUSLY want this dog. OMG He is the cutest little guy.
His name is Pepper.
"PEPPER - Chunky, fluffy Pepper is 4 years and looking for his forever home. He is fostered in Millsboro, Deleware. He is a good boy, but will be working immediately to get a catch up on his summer beach body. Inquire today about this stud muffin!"
I have a pug already, but I think he would like a friend.
His pic (scroll down)
- oh god, r16-that's the cutest ugly-ass pug I've ever seen.
I'm not a big fan of the smash-faces (dogs or cats), but he's adorable.
How old is your pug?
The ones I met do get a bit 'set in their ways' by they time they're around five. They are also spoiled as hell; one of the most spoiled breeds I've ever known.
- I'm really disappointed in the Mac Pro "update" and my stomach hurts from eating pizza.
- I'm not much of a fan of Triscuits, they're so damn salty.
But with a dab of cream cheese on each bite, they're quite yummy.
- I got a Mohu Leaf antenna. It's ok. I can't tell if it really gets better reception than my old rabbit ears. Whatever.
- Now that schools are out, the internet is so slowwwww.
- so, I rented a room in my flat.
totally illegal, and I think the person is illegal too and a muslim to boot.
he got recommended by a friend and I told that friend that if anything happens I hold him responsible. interestign to see what happens
- NEVER let a greyhound off its leash. If they "sight" on something they'll run and you'll never catch them.
- You are hoping for drama r22 but I doubt if there will be any, unless you cause it.
- R17, Pepper is gorgeous! I just love him already. My pug is 11. He's definitely set in his ways and extremely spoiled. Pugs are not like regular dogs, Pugs are kind of like having a 2 year old that never grows up. They need lots of attention, and they also like to be the center of attention.
I think by reading the FB comments Pepper is now taken. But I sent them an email asking about him, to see if I can send in an application.
I like that Pepper is already 4 years old - I don't think my older pug would be able to keep up with a young puppy.
- my bf gets back in town tonight, he's a truck driver, been gone 4 weeks
i've been laid up with stress fractures in my spine since he left so i haven't done anything arround the house.
i'm trying to fit almost a months laundry and cleaning into one day.
my back already hurts and it's barely noon. thank god that he won't get in till 2-3 am
i don't know why i care so much about my house, we're going to his apartment
- Chekhov was too much, except for Ivanov and Uncle Vanya. Ibsen I'm really enjoying, it's more energetic than I was expecting.
It would much prefer to sit around reading than have to go to work. It's such a waste.
It's rude of me to underwhelm you so much in one day.
I apologise in advance.
- Yesterday I saw an ICEE truck. I guess the driver installs or services ICEE machines. They had a ladder on top of the truck. I thought to myself, "What kind of ICEE machine repair could involve a ladder?"
- I'm in a coffee shop and I can see a dead miller moth in the corner.
- Read Three Sisters, ayb. It's one of the greatest plays ever written. Ever. I swear.
Also, did you read The Cherry Orchard. It's another of my favorites.
Bengali in Platforms
- Ibsen's "A Doll's House" and "Ghosts" have been electrifying. I can't wait to read more.
With Chekhov I couldn't help but think of Withnail's quote:
[quote]Always full of women staring out of windows, whining about ducks going to Moscow.
Read all those, Bengali. Didn't get on with them. Loved "Ivanov", liked "The Seagull" and "Uncle Vanya". Perhaps I just wasn't in the mood. Maybe one day I'll re-read them and find I am missing something.
Yours is not to reason why,
Yours is to suck on 'em and buy.
- Someone ran over the "pet" snapping turtle I'd been playing with at my mom's house. I found him on the road and put him under a fallen Scotch pine where he could dig in the soil and feast on insects and worms and stuff. I'd check on him whenever I went up to visit. Before I left her house yesterday, I found him squashed flat in front of her driveway. I suppose the siren song of the road was too much for him to resist. Still, I hate the fool who killed him. Maybe it was an accident? But it's pretty hard to directly flatten an entire snapper without aiming it for it.
I like people less and less as the years go by. I plan to spend what old age is accorded me sitting in a rocking chair on my front porch, waving my shotgun and shouting at passers-by.
Bengali in Platforms
- I hope I get what are called by 'seat guru' the best economy seats on the plane when I travel in November to ...., it will be a 11 hour flight and I'm not exactly slim so we'll see
- I got shitfaced last night and sent Ed Asner a facebook friend request and he just accepted it. I don't think I've ever even seen him in anything. I'm a weirdo.
- After watching the TONY Awards, I think I'll book a cruise on Royal Caribbean. Apparently they do real Broadway shows like Hairspray and Chicago.
I wonder if there is a TKTS booth on board so that I can see those shows for half price. I don't mind waiting on line.
- In line not on line
- So, I've recently discovered (based on my own 'non-medical expertise' prognosis) that I've more-than-likely become intolerant to acidic food. Shame to say. Mustard, vinegar, bread, etc all make my stomach cause a riot. I'm thinking my gradual change to a mostly raw, vegan diet can be blamed for it.
Guess I'll have to scratch the Naked Green Machine off the grocery list. (It contains ascorbic acid, as the majority of supermarket apple juices do.)
All for the best, I suppose. Since it's pasteurized and who knows what else.
- Yesterday I watched a video of a baby eating a lemon. I tried not to laugh, but he kept pulling that sourpuss face and then went back to eating it.
- Helped my sister paint her husband's office/man-cave for Father's Day. Lasted two days. The paint we started off was relatively low from the beginning so by the third wall, we were using the top of the paint lid. Didn't think much of it, figured my sister would be able to make it work for the very small area remaining. Painted 75% of the room the first day and left the room feeling victorious like "Great. Only one more wall to do tomorrow."
Turns out, I was being too hopeful (for once in my life) and we ended up having to paint that same wall over again with the new paint she purchased in addition to the final one.
I forgot to mention how much I loathe painting.
- R28 Hilarious
- Mancave is probably the lamest word to enter the English language. Next to the word bling.
- I watched "The Phantom of Liberty" yesterday. The sniper scene stuck out to me the most.
Oh, and "Zelig."
I'm not really an avid movie-watcher, but when I do look at them, it's in sporadic binges. Like 3-4 back-to-back in one sitting. Then, I'm good for about another month-and-a-half.
- R42 Ha. True.
But, that's what my sister called it when she asked me for assistance.
You can add swag to the list as well.
- I woke up with a weird feeling. namely I want to know how pussy works.
Do you rub a penis on it and it gets stimulated or do you really have to penetrate it for it to work?
would ask the lesbians but god knows they are not helpful here on data lounge.
- The vagina can get excited (warmed up..whatever) even prior to physical contact.
You know, like foreplay before stepping into the bedroom.
(or, the rickety nightclub restroom. Whatever works.)
- R43, that is definitely the best part of "The Phantom of Liberty", or the bit where the doctor tells someone he has lung cancer and offers him a cigarette.
I am watching the Czech V Poland Euro 2012 game, and this man is the stand out for me. Mama likey!
- Does anyone know how you post on Gawker?
I tried like a million times, the only thing i get is spam mail
- Went to Yankee Candle today and talked to the saleswoman about their "man scents". I got the impression that they're a flop.
- How do you know if you've torn a tendon in your jaw?
- Went to the farmers market and got yelled at for throwing my garbage in a garbage can versus the hitherto unknown recycling bins by a guy about to get on his motorcycle.
I ignored him and regret not calling him out for spewing exhaust fumes, noise, and depleting the ozone with his stupid motorcycle.
- I've started watching "Supernatural" on Netflix recently and have decided it's not bad.
- My neighbors are so fucking annoying.
- Pepper was adopted, I then tried for Charlie - he was quickly adopted too. Now I'm going to try for George. They are all so freaking cute.
They seem to all get adopted within like a day or so - by their foster families. Why do they advertise them for adoption if they are just going to be adopted by their foster families anyway?
But what has really surprised me is how many people give up there dog to shelters for dumb reasons "a move" "new baby" etc. Those are not reasons to give up a dog. It's really sad to see these dogs being shuffled around from place.
- turned out that the guy I rented my room to is Iraqi and he insist I put up a dish outside for him and a faucet in the toilet because he doesn't use toilet paper to wipe.
I so wish I could give him his money back and find somebody else
not even with wet paper?
- I'm gonna clean my place tomorrow, after the builders left they didn't clear up the mess and now it seem as if they are not coming back. I'm so not hiring them back again
- I've look pretty much everywhere I can look and I can't find my marriage certificate.
- Tell him you are sorry but in this country, we can't afford bidets.
- Well, I'm a complete failure. I tried sexting for the first time, and because I was nervous and really like this guy I typed 'I want to cuck your sock.'
- Why are band-aids so complicated to open? You'd think we would have solved this by now.
- I have a stomach bug again. This one is milder than the last. It seems to be a law of diminishing returns.
Perhaps my healthier diet/exercise are finally having an affect?
- I love that Aer Lingus is advertising on the DL. I also love that Lingus sounds so naughty. :-D
- I'm a complete failure.
Ice Cream Truck driver reading whal driving
- I think I sprained the tendon that wraps around the bottom of my foot.
- I'd like to learn how to give better blowjobs. I feel like mine are, well, underwhelming.
- Not much in the fridge, only stuff my sister bought when she was here last week. So tonight it's hot dogs garnished with baba ganoush
- Dutch students that witnessed a man committing suicide took pictures and posted them on twitter, they saw the man walk along the rails then lay down on the rails as a train came in an dragged him along.
sad part the son of the man saw the images before he knew it was his father
the students got a overwhelming amount of negative responses and then used as an excuse that they didn't reflect on what happened and went immediately to twitter
- I want smoked salmon and cucumbers for breakfast. I don't want to go to the hardware store. It's going to be 100+ (again) today. I don't want to have to buy another fan. I want to sit in a bathtub full of ice water. I whine too much.
Bengali in Platforms
- It's okay Bengali, the heat will do that. The weather here is underwhelming, around 18 degrees, sunny but windy and not all that for late June, frankly.
I'm boiling lentils to make tarka dall for tonight. Probably going to watch a movie on youtube tonight.
- In a traffic jam in the Queens Midtown Tunnel. I hate that.
- Funny how everything seems right with the world when you get a piece of nice action of a Sunday night :)
I'm a whore, darlin'
- I can't stop coughing. I feel like my throat is filled with minute sand particles.
[quote] In line not on line
We wait online in NY. And we drink soda instead of pop. And we used to sit on front stoops, not porches. And we don't "change out" or "paint out" a room, we just change it or paint it.
That's just the way it is.
- Two thirds of my hair turned dark green after I swam for one hour in my pool. This is the first year we paid pool guys to do the pool maintenance.
I bought anti chlorine shampoo. Didn't work. Washed my hair 8 times. Took the jitney into the city to see my stylist who said, "No problem. I have a treatment that will take it out." She put the treatment on my hair and I sat under a bonnet. My hair was washed... No change.
She then put red dye on my hair to counteract the green .... No change.
I had to get most of my hair cut off. I have a somewhat small head and a larger body. Disproportionate. I look like an idiot. Even a baseball cap doesn't help.
- I'm so weary of pretty young men who reinvent themselves to steal my fortune...
- I saw my first gypsy today. She'd been to Kinkos to get her begging sign plastic heat sealed for weather protection, as one does. It stated in ComicSans font: "One of my daughters has Type 3 diabetes and I can't afford to bring her from Romania."
- [quote]We wait online in NY.
Not unless you're connected to the Internet. Otherwise, you wait "on line," not "online."
- I like Spam. I don't understand why people don't like it. It's like hotdogs in a can.
- I think I may have phlebitis. Ow.
- We wait online and on line in NY and we don't give a fuck if you like it or not.
- I have friend and she told me while we were speaking that we have nothing in common only our disease (psychosis) and that we only talk about that all the time and she is tired about it.
thing is she already told me this three or four months ago only to call me like a month later to tell me why I don't call her anymore and that she values our friendship etc etc.
it's like honey make up your mind you want to have a close friendship or just be casual friends I have no problem with that cause I find it also hard that we have nothing in common just the decease
- I like to knit and I like cats so... I knitted a vest for a neighbours cat and put it on... without telling the neighbour.
Thing is I don't know the neighbour only the cat, I play with it and bring it catnip all the time.
From another neighbour I heard the cats owner was complaining because according to her somebody attacked her cat and tried to catch it by throwing something on it and she was verry upset to the point of calling the cops
Oh dear how do i explain this one
- I'm smelling kind of ripe. Anyone want to come over and sniff me?
- I hate fireworks. That is all. Carry on.
Bengali in Platforms
- I think this guy installing new windows has Tourette's. My landlord is the cheapest asshole on the planet, prisons have nicer windows that these.
- I can't believe any asshole can buy a boat and then go out on the water without needing a license. A moron on Long Island took 27 people out on a 34 ft boat to watch fireworks. The boat capsized and 3 small children drowned in the cabin. There is no law against overcrowding a boat. There is no safety course or license required to captain a boat.
Our waterways are increasingly clogged by idiots. The defenders of the moron who killed the three kids are saying he has 25 years experience with boats. He has 25 years of being an idiot on the water. Thank god it was his kid and his friend's kids and not some strangers kids on another boat that he killed.
- I like fireworks that are planned and controlled by experts and are set off away from residences.
I HATE fireworks that people set off in their yards. For 20 years, an asshole neighbor has set off ordinance in his yard. He makes sure he sets it off in the very back of his property so that everything lands in someone else's yard. Dogs go crazy, neighbor's cats get lost. This is every New Year, every Memorial Day, every 4th of July and Labor Day.
I finally called the cops. The police couldn't believe the sound of the fireworks over the phone. They were expecting to hear firecrackers, i think. When they heard the explosives being detonated they were like, "whoa .. Yeah. We're gonna send someone all right."
I know that the neighbors know I am the one who called the cops. I don't give a fuck. I don't want fucking flaming embers landing on my house and I don't want to feel like I am in Afghanistan. A few roman candles are fine. But don't subject me to the sounds of a war zone 20 feet from my front door.
- The worst 4th ofJuly ever was in Carroll Gardens Brooklyn before it got gentrified. It was like being on the front lines of major combat. Rockets were zigzagging and landing on tarpaper rooftops making little fires; every garbage pail for miles was set aflame;, kids deliberately threw magazines if lit firecrackers at anyone out on the streets. We had to wait until 1 am to take the subway home. And it was still pretty dangerous.
You don't want to be in an Italian neighborhood on the 4th. The mafioso run the illegal fireworks trade.
- I don't understand fireworks. Once you've seen them, you've seen them all. It's not something I understand doing twice or more.
- BigMuscle types creep me the fuck out. Who are these people?? That life--or what I perceive it to be--is so alien to me. Live and let live and all but yikes, no thanks.
- My pool is surrounded by butterfly bushes and they are in full bloom. The smell is wonderful. It's so great be able to smell them while swimming.
Last month the privet were in bloom and that is another wonderful smell that scents the air all day long.
- Even more fatigue:
- That sounds nice, R92.
It's very hot out today in my small northeast suburb - well over 100 degrees, according to my window thermometer. I have air conditioning in my house, and there is air conditioning at the gym, which is in walking distance, but it's hot enough to make me think twice about braving the heat for 10 minute walk each way to go to the gym. Dilemma.
- Few things in life are more satisfying than a Netflix marathon of cheesy shark flicks on a Saturday night.
Bengali in Platforms
- I've lost 20lbs in the last 9 months, and it's starting to show in my face, which I don't like. I think I look better with a fuller face, especially as I'm middle aged (42). Ugh.
- Congratulations R97. Keep up the good work. And, don't worry about the fact that your face appears a bit gaunt. One of the weird things about losing weight is that it happens from the top down but, eventually, you will even out. Even if you don't, as you age you will be happier at a lower weight as you get older. I lost a lot of weight, too, but not until I screwed up my hips and knees.
- Fun thread idea/request: "How to spot a nosejob?"
If one of you create it, please post a link in here. Thanks.
- I've developed a serious crush on this guy at my gym, where I've taken on some stalker tendencies.
He's really handsome, polite, friendly, in great shape (muscular, but not body builder muscular), and seems to have it all going on, just a real easy-going confidence in him that attracts me. He'll get undressed for the showers and it's like he owns the place. I don't think I've ever seen someone as confident in their own skin as this guy.
He looks like he's 35-39, but has some grey hair at the temples, and his son just came home from college about a month ago, so he's probably in the 40-45 range (as am I).
No - I don't have a chance... His wife goes to the gym too, and she's a knockout. But I learned his name, and looked up online to see where he lives. I think I know where he works based on the company name on a couple of his shirts. I haven't dug further because I'm a little creeped out by myself (I don't think I've had a crush like this since high school.)
On Friday night, I went out to dinner with friends and he was there with his wife and some friends, and both he and his wife recognized me and said hello... I thought they would probably hear my heart pounding in my chest. Jesus, I feel like Molly Ringwald.
- I just about 'Oh Dear' overloaded on this:
- Placed a reaction to a job opening, got to hear that I made it to the second round.
I have been out of a job for 2 years I just hope it's not a shitty job
- Sublime. Especially the ethereal second half of the song:
- I realize this may not be the best place to ask this question, but does anyone know what effect(s), if any, thick and regular streams of steam might have on a car engine and other parts of a car's internals? I just realized the steam vent from my building's laundry room blows directly under the front of my car (assigned parking spaces) and am concerned that this may pose a problem.
- I would like the baked ennui with the bleh-chamel sauce. And for starters I would like the meaningless tripe served three ways.
And some flat mineral water to drink.
- Just went to The L Chat/L Anon to look around for the first time. I am stunned by how many posts they get over there. There was a thread started in December of 2011 that already has over 6,000 posts! Are there people over there who actually read through these threads that are well over 100 pages long, or do they just drop a post into the sea of posts without actually reading the discussions?
It's insane over there.
- I just took my dog to a follow-up vet visit for a distemper vaccine. I quizzed the vet tech and learned a few things:
1. When they take blood from the dog's neck, they feel for the aorta, since they can't see it through the fur.
2. The vet employees bring their own dogs in to donate blood. They test it for type, and then use it for transfusions as needed.
3. She showed me where my dog's vagine is. I kind of knew the general area, but since my dog is spayed I've never seen it in action.
Today's vaccine was free, since the visit last week was over $300. Now I'm saving up to get her teeth cleaned....its not cheap.
- Don't you just hate it when you buy things and they aren't what you expected? I had that happen to me with 3 things recently:
A leather wallet (not quite big enough); headphones (not quite punchy or loud enough); trackie bottoms (got them in a medium and they were too big, had to take them back and they didn't have the same thing in a small so compromised on something similar but less fabulous).
Total #firstworldproblems, I know...
- The Tourette's guy installed one of the windows sort of backwards inside out and his brother came by today to re-measure. They're going to put a new one in later on this week. But I am not letting the Tourette's guy back in my place again. He made a huge mess and didn't even bother to try to help clean up, detritus and dust and wood shards and nails and mud puddles and gobs of caulking all over everything. I had to sweep everything including my desk and hand scrub all my floors after he left. I hate him. I don't care if he's disabled. He's rude and doesn't know the difference between indoors and outside.
- I feel your pain, 109.
- I have to go back to work and I feel like a man on death row. I think I feel even worse than a man waiting for his death sentence.
- I found out my old boss got what seems like a demotion...I'm happy.
- This picture is CLASSIC:
- Everybody loves Milla Jovovich.
- My uncle just died. He was gay and I loved him.
- Back in 1999, when I was a sophomore in college and had just come out, I met the guy who changed my life. I fell in love with him right away, and of course he was straight, but I was young and cliche and didn't know any better. Every guy I've been with I would compare to him - I just couldn't help it. So my sex life has been ruined for years. We've talked off and on, seen each other, had great times - all plutonic, and bad times, naturally. Never kissed, nothing. But I know he always liked me.
He's since moved to Beijing. He's been there for years, teaching. Yesterday, I got to work, logged on to Facebook, and he started chatting with me out of the blue. We hadn't spoken in a few years. It was a nice, friendly chat. He told me about the brats he teaches, his puppy, how he wants to come home. It was great talking to a friend over 7,000 miles away. I get the impression he's lonely and doesn't like it there anymore. But he still had that upbeat quality I'd come to really admire in him. I can't tell if I'm still in love again, but I did get the butterflies...
This time, talking to him was different. I didn't hurt when he said goodbye. I wore a smile all day. I've been down in the dumps lately, and the fact that he still cares about me made me feel like a kid again.
- My partner of 11 years has not had sex with me in 3 months... I am completely "underwhelmed" by her lack of enthusiasm in the bedroom...and elsewhere. Don't they teach some basic "relationship maintenance" in Butch 101?
bed death is real
- Jayzus. I just read some of my formspring answers to questions from three years ago. Was I really that naive and annoying?
- Wasn't twitter invented for these kind of posts? No one has twitter?
- I finally adopted a dog, He's awesome.
- I've been surfing on DL for seven hours straight. I didn't eat anything for dinner except some Triscuits. I haven't bathed in a few days, and my jock area kinda stinks. I'll wait and go tomorrow after I go to the gym.
- R119 doesn't get it. Just lurk and perhaps you might understand. This is an old DL tradition at this point.
There are 13 working days until my holiday. I am already practically crawling up the walls.
- I'm 54 and need to borrow(cough cough) 500 from my Mom. I told her it was 100 she was all right with that haven't told her about the extra 400. She will probably do it but I live in a small town when I take it out of her account one teller who knows me looks at me like I'm dirt...
- Can she afford it or is she going to be overdrawn?
- Yes can afford it. My sister she likes to give me money because she feels bad she didn't stop or divorce my father when he abused me when I was young...
- [quote] My sister she likes to give me money because she feels bad she didn't stop or divorce my father when he abused me when I was young.
Your sister was married to your father, R125?
- What is with people putting apostrophes in front of "s" when talking about multiples?
The Kennedy's are a political family.
Those doctor's should have known better.
Our new neighbor's seem like nice people.
I see it EVERYWHERE on the Internet. Don't people know what "apostrophe's" are for?
- My sister says my mother... r126
I think I'll go see the Katy perry movie again. The first time I saw it the 3d was lacking it may be because I saw it in a crummy theater...
I don't understand why more gays don't like her. I love Gaga but think Katy is a good replacement for Madonna as a gay icon...
- I'm in the mood for a plane crash movie or documentary or something like that.
Bengali in Platforms
- Is there any chance of a worldwide disaster that will take us all out at pretty much the same time?
- Netflix has one on George Lucas that makes a good case for him being a loon. Just started watching Helter Skelter. Also the one about mothers taking their kids to Hollywood is better good..
I feel like you sometime r130. Today I feel good and I'm going to fight back the inhumanity...
- I got diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome two days ago. It explains my whole life going back to childhood. I'm sort of in a daze.
- Who diagnosed you and why? How did they decide on this diagnosis?
- I don't want to hijack the thread--probably shouldn't have posted.
They diagnosed me by me telling them a whole bunch of facts about myself, and I meet almost all the criteria (you don't have to meet them all to be diagnosed.)
- Sorry to hear R134.
Get a second opinion. What facts made the diagnosis? Isn't aspergers a form of autism? Are you in school?
- I wish there was someone to just cook for me and buy me cigarettes. I'd never go out again.
- No, 135, you don't have to say sorry...it's the best news I've ever heard! I never thought I would understand what was so "off" about me that I couldn't connect to people, that they disliked me, that I was always the weirdest kid in the class...and the disconnect continued long past school. In fact, I'll be turning 41 this year. I cried when the doctor told me he believed that I had Asperger's--with happiness. Suddenly I make sense! It doesn't change the problems I have, but I have a peace of mind I'd given up on ever having.
If people are really interested in the details, maybe a paying member would like to start a thread. If not, that's fine, I don't need to blab about it. And I LOVE the underwhelmed threads--I don't want to ruin this one. There are too many traits to list here.
- There's a Daddy Long Legs traipsing across my living room floor. Why is my cat asleep in the other room instead of here, catching it?
- I just ordered the Japanese pressing of Diana Ross's "Every Day is a New Day" cd because it has bonus tracks. I'll never listen to it. Plus I have hemmerhoids.
- I'm very superficial
I hate everything official
- I think if we stay in all the time, it just makes us want to stay in all the time. It's not really living.
- R141 you're so right. The healthy balance is 50/50. One weekend you do something Friday and stay in Saturday and the next weekend you reverse it and one weekend a month it's just all me-time.
Not that's it's planned or anything. It just turns out that way. Fatigue sets in (for me) when two weekends in a row are the same or similar. Too much going out wears down the finances and the health. Too much staying in makes you feel flat and unsocial. And so on.
The batteries are flat because I'm waiting for it to be my holiday, so I'm trying to conserve as much energy as possible and the best way to do that is to avoid booze. Dope is so much more rewarding, don't you think?
Booze gives with one hand and takes double with the other.
I'm rambling. I'll shut up now. This is not my blog.
- Can a paying member start a thread for R132? Please.
- For the love of humanity, won't someone please bring me a coffee!
And I'll start a thread for r132/Aspiegirl.
Bengali in Platforms
- Here's a link to the Aspiegirl thread:
Bengali in Platforms
- Every time I see the "Freedom Tower" at the World Trade Center site on TV or in pictures I think, "When is a movie going to include a scene of it being blown up? This year? Next year?"
I'm guessing next year.
When I see Viagra/ED commercials, I think, "When will a mainstream TV show include commercials that show a gay couple using the product? This century? Next century?"
I'm guessing Not in my lifetime. (I'm 40)
- I'm having a hummus sandwich. It's quite good but missing something. It has hummus, cucumber and tomato. Maybe some yogurt sauce?
- It's so hot and humid that I'm spraying anti fungal foot powder on my chest before putting on a shirt.
- Any good threads/links/resources for someone who is suicidal? Please help. I would like to hear from people who have been there and got through it, and what they did to get help. Did they talk to like minded people with similar problems? I can't find any.
I am dealing with a lot more problems than just depression. It seems like an impossible situation to get out of that is torturing me every day. I've been dealing with these issues for most of my life. Please help.
- I just got an email from an unrepresented opposing party suggesting that i tie a milestone around my neck and head for water, as Jesus directs in Luke 17:1. What the fuck ever. Happy monday
- [quote]Any good threads/links/resources for someone who is suicidal? Please help. I would like to hear from people who have been there and got through it, and what they did to get help.
I told someone. A real live human being. A doctor. That was a huge step, but an important one.
Depression is a killer. Don't wait, go seek help. A hotline, a therapist, an MD, a trusted friend, an emergency room.
- Tight britches.
- R152 is right, r149. Talk to someone. Call a hotline - there are a few out there. Or just call a friend/family member to talk.
- I made some dvds for a co-worker of Spartacus season 2. He opposes gay marriage and gay adoption but other than that he seems like a good guy...
- Thanks R152 and R154. As Ian Curtis of Joy Division said in the song 'Isolation':
"Mother I tried please believe me,
I'm doing the best that I can.
I'm ashamed of the things I've been put through,
I'm ashamed of the person I am."
Shame and complete humiliation are a huge part of my problems. I feel completely trapped and unable to speak my voice. I can't go into it but I feel unable to even call someone or even cry in private. Is there a more appropriate thread for this?
- Do the suicide hotlines charge you?
- Can you call a sex line and get suicide advice?
- LOL r158! I bet you could, thanks for the laugh.
- Glad to make you laugh. Maybe you should just call a sex line. Getting off will at least make you feel temporarily better by releasing endorphins.
- I already did that today, R160...twice!
- How do I get others to realize how much horrendous pain and sorrow I've experienced? They never believe me, roll their eyes, brush me off(my life story)... they'd be screaming and sobbing if they knew how much pain I've been through.
Yes, I know this post is ripe for DL jokes. Don't care!
- R158!! That was a good one!
I don't mean to pry, r156 and I certainly don't want to stir up any more negative feelings. Is it something one of us can start a thread on for you?
Not everyone reads this thread and someone in the general population might have some better resources or advice to give you.
- Hi, it's my first day on earth. Am I supposed to put the temperature on the AC up to the highest number or down to the lowest number if I want it to blow as cold as possible? I don't know how I've lived this long without learning this. Please, help me; I'm very hot.
- Thank you very much, R163. Would you or anyone else mind starting a thread called Feeling Suicidal or something like that? No, you aren't making me feel worse at all.
In the post could you ask for experiences for those who've felt suicidal and how they got through it? Those who felt completely trapped. Those who felt at the end of their rope. I think my best bet is to hear from others who have been there in desperate situations.
- Mercury went retrograde on Saturday July 14th and will remain so until Wednesday August 8th.
The sun enters Leo on Sunday July 22nd at 6:00 a.m. est (thank goodness, lol).
- R166, what does that mean for people with Sun conjunct Venus in Aquarius in the 8th House, Moon in Gemini in the 11th House and Uranus in Scorpio in the 5th House?
- I think you are suppose to put it on the highest number...if there is no temp gage.
- They are window units. One goes down to 60 and the other 62.
- R165 here are there at least any good non DL links for what I was talking about at R165?
- R170 there's a SuicideWatch sub-Reddit:
- R164, The AC in my room is digital and you set the temp to the desired coolness - in other words, the lower, the cooler. The AC upstairs has a dial numbered one to ten. Ten is the coldest.
- Thanks. I didn't understand if I was supposed to set it to what I wished the temperature was or lower or to what it feels like it is.
- I like bulldogs.
- Here's a youtube fan analysis of Silence of the Lambs. Does anyone recognize this music(latin?) in this video? I'm wondering what the name of it is. Brilliant music, before the modern remix part later in the video.
- I'm bored at work, bored with my groceries, I feel overweight and I just got back from vacation. Nothing exciting going on til September, when I go to California for a week to visit friends. August will be dull.
- You got it, r165. I'll post the link once I get it started.
- Bored with your groceries? Check out the I Need A Hobby Thread.
- I have friends coming to town this weekend. I really dont feel like cleaning up my apartment.
- Here you go, r165.
Hopefully there won't be too many cunty replies but you know r1 will be. It's tradition. And we don't break tradition!
- I have a friend coming to visit at the end of the month and am dreading the same thing.
- Get someone in for an afternoon, R180. It shouldn't be too expensive and it will save you from feeling resentment that you had to do special prep for your guests.
- It means take it easy, r167.
With the giant solar flare that went up Thursday, there will be a lot of electrical/computer issues until about mid-August.
Also, you may find you think you're saying one thing but people totally misunderstand you - especially your friends when you email/text. So call if you can.
It's time to slow down and re-evaluate. The time for aggression is past. Now is the time for introspection.
- Oh no, not more computer problems...
I have been very aggro for the last handful of months, short fuse.
The communication thing happens all the time. My Mercury is in Pisces.
- Everybody has been short-fused lately. There is a hard aspect of Saturn to Chiron which makes everyone feel a lot more sensitive and just bitchy in general.
Also, Mars is making a hard aspect to Pluto right now - today it is exactly square which means everyone is ripe for a throw-down over the dumbest thing.
Just take it easy for the next month. Give everyone the benefit of the doubt, get enough rest and don't be so hard on yourself.
- Interesting comment I found on a youtube video: "One day, my father was driving up a mountain. As he was driving, he saw a hitchhiker and picked him up. As they started talking, my father was amazed to discover that this stranger knew my father's name. The stranger also knew about things that happened in my father's life, even somethings my father had never told anyone about. My dad asked who he was, and he responded, "I'm your guardian angel." In 2006 my dad died. It makes me so happy to think of him and other people I knew in heaven together."
- Astrology talk always makes me feel homicidal.
- R186, I've got a very volatile Leo friend coming to visit for the days before, of and after his birthday on August 1st. Is there anything I shouldtry to avoid doing with him? Last time he visited, he made permanent enemies with two of my female friends and had his phone stolen in a mugging. He regularly gets thrown out of bars, weddings and even funerals. He's a really loving, loyal, empathetic, smart, curious guy but everything gets under his skin and when he drinks, which he does to excess, things always go badly. I've been very ill for the past 15 months and don't have the energy for any disasters he might create. Is there anything I could do to try to keep things from exploding? His Moon is in Pisces.
- Me, too, r188.
R189 - keep his alcohol intake to a minimum. No bars, period. Stroke his ego if you want him to stop drinking. Tell him he's much more romantic when he doesn't have too many.
He likes to be the center of attention and is much more sensitive to criticism than he lets on. Handle him with kid gloves in regards to his drinking during this visit.
The best way to get him to co-operate is either remove the temptation, create a distraction or stroke his ego.
But you knew that. You just wanted someone to tell you.
- There's no way I'll be able to keep him away from booze on his birthday. It just won't happen. I was thinking of maybe taking us to a cabin in yellowstone or out to a hot spring or something, but I can't drive very far because of my illness and he has a horrible history of car wrecks and would be driving mine so that doesn't seem like a great idea either.
- Ryan Gosling has a rip in his t-shirt
this fact actually made the newspaper
- R35, that album is very scary!
- Wrong thread, sorry.
- Huge St. Vincent aka Annie Clark thread:
- I was walking along a wall and I slipped and fell. Now, I have a sore bum hole.
- I'm watching "Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus" on Netflix. This shit is out of control, yo.
Also, I'm drinking iced tea with lime and munching on walnuts. I plan to eat a hamburger (with blue cheese!) tomorrow.
Bengali in Platforms
- Judging by the threads on the front page, this is clearly no longer a site for adults, gay people or anyone with a triple digit IQ.
- Twilight cast members, Glee, pop country stars and Justin Bieber are not appropriate DL topics even in parody.
- r167, I'm no astrologer but I'll attempt to shed some light about your query.
Venus (also Mercury) conjunct the Sun is fairly common BTW in peoples' charts. The 8th house is the house of marriage/partnerships both great and small. An 8th house Sun would indicate that as running themes in your life.
Moon (psyche/emotions/thought processes) in Gemini (mutable, air sign, duality, multifaceted interests) in the 11th house sounds like a wild and winning combo for an Aquarius. You sound fun! The 11th house rules your interactions with the world around you.
Your Sun and Venus may very well square (90° apart from one another give or take several degrees) your Moon which at times is bound to cause you to be at odds with yourself, your partner(s), and everone else for that matter.
Your ruler, wild n' crazy Uranus in the 5th house which rules creativity, in Scorpio another fixed sign adds depth and [bold]IN-TEN-SI-TY[/bold] to your already kinetic mind.
Sounds great and it is, except you may have another Square here to contend with against your Sun and Venus and an Opposition (180° separation give or take several degrees) between your 11th house Moon and 5th house Uranus to boot. Talk about feeling stymied by confusion and conflicting views.
The slower moving outer planets such as Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto are mainly associated more with external collective processes that shape events on a large scale. Less favorable aspects regarding the outer planets may seem hopeless to surmount.
One final note. When the Sun is in your opposite sign of Leo, you're basically sitting behind the 8 ball so to speak. It's a time to lay low, avoid piling new things on your plate, and be mindful of your health. The same applies to when the Sun is traveling through the sign that's right before your sun sign (Capricorn).
I'd be cautious until the Sun goes into Virgo on August 22nd especially since you're also going to be dealing with the double whammy of a Mercury "R" period that runs through the 8th of August, at least.
- Thanks, r200.
I don't quite understand the other Square part you mention.
I have Cancer rising; Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto in the 4th in Libra; Uranus in Scorpio in the 5th; Neptune in Sagittarius in the 6th; Sun conjunct Venus in Aquarius in the 8th; Mercury conjunct Mars in Pisces in the 9th; and Moon in Gemini in the 11th. Moon is opp Uranus and Sun and Venus square Uranus.
I feel at odds with reality often. Seem to have more bad luck than most people. And yes have been accused of being too intense although that doesn't seem to be a trait one has any control over.
- Can there be a history of DL test or even IQ test to allow people to post here? I am so sick of the brain dead newbies.
- Can someone who pays start a poll thread asking ow long people have been here?
- I really want to leave Los Angeles.
- I love my cat.
- What?! I can't pause my Netflix membership. I can only cancel it. Is there anything else left they can take away from their subscribers?
- I made a salad but now I don't feel like eating it.
- Why don't you, r205?
I have so much to do and I don't want to do anything but sit here and surf.
- I know, r207. And it looks like it totally deletes your queues. So if you go away for a month or to, you have to start from scratch when you reactivate. Ugh.
Also, I'm eating a plate of tomatoes. And then I'm going to get another one.
Bengali in Platforms
- I'm taking the Bar exam next week and I'm so screwed. How embarrassing it will be when I have to tell people that I'll be re-taking it. Oh well. Whatever. Should've studied more if it meant that much to me.
- I ate the salaf. It was so-so.
- Have you ever wanted to tell someone you love him but hesitated because you were afraid he wouldn't feel the same? Should I just do it and damn the consequences?
- Holy christ I just took the most putrid dump!
- Just got a nice haircut.
- R211, tell everyone you came down with food poisoning and a severe case of diarrhea, so you had to stay home rather than take the bar exam. You plan to reschedule sometime in the future.
Then they won't even know you actually took the exam and failed.
Or you could tell them you got your finger stuck in a bowling ball....
- Tonight I'm going to watch "The Happening" because it looks like a hilarious shitfest. In fact, I know it is. I'm going to eat my home-made vegetable curry, and then I'm going to smoke copious amounts of pot whilst watching the shitty film.
2 weeks I have been sober and I really feel great. What's that? Smoking pot cancels it out?
Get out of town!
- I wanted an authenticated login but the linky be stinky. Do I have to pay to do that now?
- I've just returned from the fishmonger. I'm making paella this evening.
- Looking forward to watching G. Paltrow die an agonizing death HBO at 8 EST (Contagion).
Have brie, baguette, pate, cornichons and wine.
- For r204, a poll thread about how long people have been here.
- lol so today I bought:
1 bed sheet
a bottle of davidoff adventure eau de toilette
and a 2 day holiday in Paris
Just call me consumerbitch™
- I am listening to a very loud homosexual in Starbucks. He's sitting with a group of straight friends, but he's SERIOUSLY twice as loud as they are. Why do young fags do this?
Bengali in Platforms
- So I've got this little part time job, should I report it?
- Maybe the young fag is hard of hearing?
- And now it's the fucking Christians and their church gossip and their bizarro discussions about god working in their lives. I wish I had some flashbangs with me.
Bengali in Platforms
- yet another thread of underwhelmment. Where for art thou end.
- Oh please, every fucking time we have a tragedy, we have to listen to those ignorant, silly Christians. Do they ever stop and realize what they are actually saying?
- That sounds more like a 'ho, AYB.
- Surprise anal in Sweden:
- It is 104 degrees. I want to take a bath in a tub full of ice cream. Or lemonade. Or liquid nitrogen.
Bengali in Platforms
- Ouch, r230!
- I like overweight animals because they make me feel better about myself.
- The thread 'Trapped and feeling suicidal' has been deleted. Can we get it back? There was a ton of helpful advice on it, both for those who are suicidal and for those with more typical problems. One of the few threads where the heartfelt and genuine DL came out in all it's glory to help a troubled person.
1. Anybody know if it can be reinstated?
2. Anybody know how to retrieve recently deleted threads?
- R235, you can't. If the webby deletes it, it's gone.
- Are you sure? I am positive that I've seen a deleted thread restored before. 100% positive. Don't know if he chose to restore it, or if some other poster found a way to restore it through their own methods(probably not).
- R236, do you think there is at least a way for me to view the thread again even if it remains deleted?
- I'm pretty sure that if it's deleted, it's gone for good. Because the site is written in Ajax you can't use Google cache to view dead or missing pages. Threads tat have simply fallen out of the whatever number of pages the system is set up to showcan still be retrieved through google.
- Thanks. What is unique about Ajax? Will I be able to find anything searching about Ajax?
- I'm posting this from deep below the streets of London in my company's server room on my phone thanks to a leaky wireless router. I made an unimportant server die a bit whoops.
- r241, it's a coding language that is rarely used. It's what makes DL load so slowly.
- Thanks R243.
Any advice for where else I could post about this dilemma and maybe get some help? Whether it be in another DL thread, or at another site with helpful advice(technical related site or not, either way a site with helpful and knowledgeable people)? Thanks for any help, that thread really did come through for me and I was heartbroken to see it disappear.
- Saw this about Ajax elsewhere online:
Ajax scrolling pages
This script loads content from the server and inserts it into an empty HTML element(example a troll tag) on your page. New pages can be appended dynamically and the script will scroll down to the content of the new pages.
Can that help me understand the situation or apply anything to it? Any retrieval methods possible?
- I posted the link to the Suicide Watch subreddit for you upthread when you were trying to get a paying poster to start a thread on the topic.
If you go onto Reddit and search for a coding subreddit, maybe someone will have an idea.
- Thanks R246, I will check it out.
- I bought lots of fruit at the supermarket today.
- R246, I signed up and was creating a topic with text. Anyway, I tried to submit my post with 'coding' as the specified subreddit and it told me that that reddit doesn't allow text posts! So I left it blank and said it ddin't post and said I needed to choose a subreddit.
Do all of the subreddits say that? Am I doing it wrong? I don't even know if this is how I officially create a post/thread over there, it said it was about creating a link. And if I put in a different subreddit, it presumably won't go to the coding area.
Sorry just frustrated.
- Why was that thread deleted? There was a lot of good advice on there.
- I don't know, R250. That's why I wanted to see it again.
- Could it still be in someone's cache? It was only deleted yesterday. Just wondering.
- r249, yes, you're doing it wrong. Search the site for coding or website language or something like that. Or start a thread in AskReddit. You can choose when creating your thread whether the title is a link or text.
- I managed to post it at the askreddit section, and I'd like to post it in the coding section, but nothing shows up that allows me to post it like a 'create thread' option. Sometimes the 'link thread' thing is there and sometimes it isn't, but it's the same dilemma with that subsection telling me that it doesn't allow text.
I just want to know how to submit a text thread like others are visibly doing. The site is super confusing.
- r254, explore the entire page. The option is there.
- Was OP of this thread ever W&W'd?
- My ex is fucking a new guy.
I give it 6 months before the ex starts fucking around again. He can't commit to taking a shit let alone a relationship.
- Suicidal poster here. I'm assuming that if we were to make a new thread about being suicidal/depression/emotional problems, it would just get deleted, too. If not, I would want another one to come up to try to say the same things again.
DL has some great posters that can't be found elsewhere and I was hoping they'd be able to post the same advice again. Is there anywhere else we can go where some DLers can get together to post?
Here's another question. Did any of you who saw that thread remember the gist of the remarks or even your own remarks? I ask because I was pretty drunk, but I do know for sure that I was getting some incredible advice that I knew I was going to read over again when I was sober.
Please post what you remember of the thread if you can.
- No offence suicidal poster but you're hijacking this thread and it's a bit much. Start a new one please. Underwhelmed threads are supposed to be light-hearted. I'm sure we all sympathise with your plight but this is NOT the place for it.
- It's a quarter til 4 in the morning on a Thursday and someone is blasting terrible terrible music and has been all night. They're far enough away that I can't even figure put who it is. If I can hear it all the way over here with my tv on and a white noise machine playing a thunderstorm aren't their nearer neighbors annoyed? Why has no one told the asshole to turn down their stereo?
- The ignorance in this Above Top Secret thread about Gay Marriage is revolting:
- Yesterday I was snapping the ends off of green beans. One very little end flew into one of my nostrils. What are the chances that I could ever make that happen again if I wanted to?
- You're going to grow green beans in your head now, r263.
- I just had it out with customer service at Oster. I needed to replace the rubber ring for my blender so I called them up. The girl said that two rings would cost me $2.95. Ok. Then she said the 'postage and handling' - for something that would fit into a #10 envelope, btw - would be $5.95. I almost choked. I said, 'what??? $9 for two pieces of rubber that probably cost a penny a piece to make???' The idiot actually had the nerve to correct me and say that it would only be $8.90. OMG. Like that dime made all the difference.
- Sorry, ayb. I'm going to continue posting in one of the following threads instead:
"Do you ever think "why bother?""
- The Daughters of Charity had the BEST habits.
- Or in this thread:
This is my last post about this in the underwhelmed thread. I just have a question for the webmaster. Was the thread deleted because it was started on the behalf of a non subscriber(myself)? If so, can you just continue to keep it locked(keep people from posting on it any more), but still allow it to show up/be viewed?
Thank you for your consideration. In the future, I won't ask to have a thread created on my behalf and will only post in existing threads.
- It's the buggiest part of summer where I am. Looking at those Daughter of Charity multilayered habits I can't imagine how many bugs could get trapped in them, unable to escape. Scratching around, jumping up and hitting another layer of habit, making click sounds. Lightning bugs turning those headpieces into twinkling green spaceships..
- I did not know that most houses in NZ have no central heating or whole house insulation (roof, floors, outer walls). Even new, expensive houses have to be heated with gas heaters or electric fan heaters.
That is really bizarre.
- Why is that r270?
- I am very sorry but I have one more part that I forgot to add to my last post, then I will stop being the attention whore. I just had to ask this:
Any good sites/forums any of you can suggest for a troubled/suicidal person who wants to vent and get some advice/perspective? I feel like most sites don't have the same intelligence or the ability to cut to the truth like DLers. Most people elsewhere talk in a way that is trite or like 'therapy talk'.
So I am not necessarily talking about a site meant specifically for these issues(but maybe one of those would help), but more just any site with a good, insightful community of knowledgeable/helpful people that can give a lot of advice and perspective.
Many people at DL have been through a lot, so that helps.
- The cruelty and brutality of this crime is absolutely shocking:
- [quote] Why is that R270?
Insulation wasn't required in new homes until 1979. As for why no central heating, I don't know.but this person says it simply doesn't exist in NZ.
- It's storming. The dog is going nuts.
- These are some of the most incredible wildlife pics I've ever seen. Mother lion fights a croc so other lions can cross the river. Sorry it's the daily fail but it's worth the look.
- R272, seriously, get a shrink, get a blog, take it somewhere else. You need professional help. This isn't the place for it. Call the psych department of the hospital nearest to you and set up and appointment to see a psychiatrist.
- Reason number one to authenticate. I just read a post in an old thread and I kept thinking that it was exactly what I wanted to say. It took the whole post to realise that it was mine, but unauthenticated.
- I think I may be going off draught lager. £4.20 a pop, just 3 pints of it and I ended up feeling seedy and maudlin when I got home. Not much to recommend it anymore with those two facts ringing in my ears. Who'dathunk just 20 days off drinking could have such a profound effect?
Could I be turning into one of those weed snobs that doesn't drink?
I guess we'll see this weekend since I'm buying a bottle of champers to celebrate my holiday, today. Not the expensive stuff- Tesco Premier Cru. But it's still pretty good and does well in taste tests.
- I've been sick since Thursday. All I do is sleep, watch Netflix, read, eat a bit, read DL, and occasionally vomit. No word yet on whether DL is responsible for the vomiting.
Bengali in Platforms
- Existence well what does it matter
I exist on the best terms I can
The past is now part of my future
The present is well out of hand
- Oh, DO CHEER UP, Ian!
- I thought "may cause vomiting and diarrhea" was part of the DL fine print?
- I can't wait to get out of my hellish relationship. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with my partner, but he has some sort of mental illness.
We're having some struggles with my mom whom I care for most of the time (she has advanced dementia) and when I tell him some of the odd stuff she does that is chuckle worthy, he responds with sneering and some snarky comment that she is stupid, etc.
I was just relating an attempted kidnapping at a place not far from our home, and he said, 'why don't you go put your mom on that street corner so someone will take her." He says stuff like that all the time.
When I called him an ass, he just scoffed, shrugged.
God forbid I say anything about his ancient parents; there'd be hell to pay.
so over his shit
- Almost as soon as someone who has bullied colleagues for several years gets suspended, others rise to the surface of the cesspit. More time spent on this crap than actually doing the core element of my post.
- Punch and delete, r284.
For your own sanity.
- Tonight I did an oldies double bill:
Joan Crawford "Rain" (1932). Surprisingly modern film, and she looked stunning.
Better Davis in "Of Human Bondage" (1934). Quirkier film and my God, those eyes. That flouncing. So perfect.
Joan is compelling and Bette is mesmerising. It's apples and oranges.
I know, MARY!
- *Bette. LOL she wasn't Better- her accent was a bust. But she got away with it, I'm not sure how...
- I want to go to bed early but it's still light out.
- Would someone please post a link of the previous Underwhelmed thread? I did a search but nothing came up. Thanks!
Missing Some Underwhelming Posts
- My scanner is too slowwwwwwwww.
Bengali in Platforms
- You ever been so hurt that you can't lift your head up or talk because it hurts too much? That.
- I'm really depressed today and can't push through it.
- My new apartment is very noisy. I expected buses but this street gets every ambulance and fire truck in the borough. Lots of honking and minor car accidents too. Sirens are an hourly thing.
- I ordered a burrito at a new Mexican place down the street. It was good, but I think they overcharged me because I asked for guacamole, but they forgot to put it in.
- For r290: Officially Underwhelmed For 2012
- I nuked my MySpace account last night. I hadn't used it in years, but it still felt a little strange saying goodbye.
Bengali in Platforms
- That didn't make me laugh...maybe it's my mood?
- I just showered. I need to mail a letter and hot the bank and buy groceries and change the cat litter. But I'm just going to sit here for a while. I'm comfortable sitting here.
- new board
- I bought the groceries but didn't do anything else.
- I washed a few dishes and walked the dogs. One visit to my shrink this week. Otherwise haven't been out of the house for days. I've decided it's best that I just stay home for the time being. I like my home.
I do have a long weekend scheduled out at my place in the country, hoping that will rejuvenate me.
- r303 it sounds like your whole life is a long weekend
- if I had an assault weapon, I'd jump over the wall and shoot my fucking neighbors.
- clever 300.
- I just took out the trash.
- So did I, r307. And now I'm going to lie down with a book and read until I fall asleep.
Bengali in Platforms
- It's really hot outside.
- I had a sinus lift and bone graft to prepare for dental implants.
In addition to excruciating pain, I came down with diarrhea from the antibiotics and vomiting from the pain meds. And I woke up in a pool of blood on my pillow.
I've had abscessed teeth that were less painful than this.
- Awww that's awful, R310. Take some pro-biotics. The anti-biotics have destroyed the flora in your gut. I use Ultimate 10 from the Vitamin ship. Also, have the dr switch you to another pain killer. Codeine makes me puke, but I can take vicodin.
- R300, no one is posting there except to gossip about the DLRB webmaster and kiss Tybee's ass.
- That's dangerous surgery but the surgeon acts like there is nothing to it.
When it comes to any surgery, always prepare for the worst.
- Fuck everyone and everything forever. I'm done.
I really tried.
- I wonder what Andy Cohen's taint looks like.
- My grandmother was doing the crossword earlier. There was a four-letter word, and the first letter was E.
No gran, in the bible, the book before Nehemiah is NOT Eros.
- SO TRUE R312!
- Keep us updated, r310. Hope you're doing well -- and that you're better tolerating your pain meds. Try large doses of ibuprofen (with food in your stomach) if all else fails.
Bengali in Platforms
- Since I got back from France I can't eat English food. I mean I have, but it all tastes bland or doughy or sugary or in some way inferior and awful.
I actually have bigger problems than this, or rather someone close to me does but this isn't the place for it. 2012 has turned out to be a very odd year indeed.
I was supposed to make a bunch of changes but once again I can't. Frustration seems to be the name of the game. I have tied myself to the mast of a reasonably sturdy ship in tempestuous seas and I'm hoping for for the best.
- I'm at sixes and sevens. Maybe I'll read a book.
- Does everyone who is some kind of person to talk to like a therapist or counselor still have a psychology/psychiatry background? Any names of a type of helpful person to talk to without that Freudian baggage, even if they are not professionals? Just looking for some help, thanks.
- R321, look up "Licensed Clinical Social Worker" aka "LCSW."
- You may also want to look for MSWs, r321 (Master of Social Work), many of whom are licensed to practice psychotherapy.
The good news for you is that very, very few (if any) practicing shrinks adhere to the Freudian school. Most today will claim a background in a variation in Gestalt therapy or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). In either case, there is MUCH less emphasis on analysis and MUCH more importance placed upon practicing behavioral changes. You should be fine. Congratulations on taking a step to help yourself out.
Bengali in Platforms
- You could go see an astrologer.
- R310 here. I will have every fucking tooth in my head pulled out and replaced by dentures before I will let anyone do this to me again. The oral surgeon made it sound like a cake walk. Now I'm on a fluroquinilone antibiotic and I can't take anti-inflammatories. I haven't been outside of my house except up go to the dentist and demand I be told I'm not infected up to and including my brain tissue.
I had a facelift and chin lift years ago and I had exactly one day of pain. After that, I took Tylenol and was fine. My face was peeled off my skull and sewn back on and it was 1/20th the pain of this "minor" oral surgery.
It. Still. Hurts.
- You should really not be taking a fluoroquinolone. They cripple people.
I've been bed ridden for a year and a half now with full body tendinosis, muscle pain and spams, nerve pain, vision and memory loss, skin abnormalities, etc. as a result of 3.5 pills of Cipro.
- Thanks R322 and R323. I was being a bit misleading I guess when I mentioned Freud, I wrongly used him as an all encompassing term for psychology and psychiatry.
Licensed Clinical Social Workers use psychotherapy(which is Freudian), as far as I know.
To be honest with you, what passes for emotional help almost all has bad roots, if you ask me(at least what is promoted in academia). This includes Gestalt Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, even when some of these things sound very helpful and promising on the surface. Just look at the main proponents and inventors of these things, it just doesn't hold water with me.
I'm just at a loss about who to see, it seems like it should be so simple on the surface. I think people use terms like psychology/psychiatry as being interchangeable with those who help others talk about/heal from/overcome emotional problems, but it isn't the case when you examine the roots. It's not just helping people emotionally, there is so much more baggage to it that they all have to learn/adhere to at some level, it's a false God.
Sorry, but I don't know if there's another thread for who to talk to about emotional issues/getting help.
- R327 here. Have any of you had any luck writing out a big long, multi page letter about your feelings to show to others(about your issues). That's what I want to do, but it's very upsetting when the stuff comes up, and it happens rarely. And usually when I'm drunk.
I just don't know how to communicate the worst feelings or even to get to them myself most times.
- I'm afraid of dachshunds.
- My dog Enzo is part dachshund and part jack russell. I do not believe he would scare you...
- I'm having an anxiety attack for no discernable reason. I took a Xanax but it isn't working.
- I had a reallygrwat time tonight. Thanks everybody I encountered tonight!
- Last night, when out at a pub I smoked 7 cigarettes. And I liked it, damn it!
My asthma has got better recently so I've got naughtier. It's a bit pathetic, but you only live once.
However, I won't be smoking today. And the idea of becoming a smoker again properly isn't one I want to entertain.
Amazingly, I 'got away with it'- no discernible issues during my gym routine and I just took an extra couple of inhaler puffs before bed last night. I might be able to be one of those annoying people that just smokes when they're drinking a lot.
I know I'm a prat, please don't chastise me.
- Ayb, nicotine is actually good for asthma just nt the smoe. Look into a quality electronic cigarette or start eating more potatoes which are nicotine rich.
- Ayb, forget the cigarettes, if you want to smoke, smoke pole
- Why is it so hot? I hate this weather and can't wait for December.
- R334, it's not the first time I've heard that. Is probably why a lot of people with asthma (childhood) stay smoking, killing and helping in equal measure lol.
Those plastic cigs leave a lot to be desired, but I do like potatoes though :D
- Here, ayb, allow me to help by chastising you: stop smoking. You know better. Stop.
Bengali in Platforms
- You know you've smoked enough when you rummage around the table lookong for the joint with your right hand whilst holding said joint in your left.
- These coats are totally bitchin'. So are Sonny and Cher of course.
- I am eating an apple.
- Insects and clamminess. That's Summer.
- One of my pups just died. She had a bad heart. The vet said she wouldn't live past two or three years but she lasted until she was almost nine. It was my mum who kept her alive. Her poor brother keeps looking for her. R.I.P. my little Morgan. We'll miss you.
- I hate having to eat every single day.
- Note: this is very sarcastic:
- I'm sorry to hear that, Ciaran. It's always hard to lose a pet no matter the circumstances.
- Sorry for your loss, Ciaran.
I am thinking about most of my friendships and have realised people lean on me for advice a lot, or they just bitch about things and I nod and smile. I dole it out, I give my opinion. They seem to listen.
Am I sage or a sucker?
Bad things happen and people talk to me about it and I'm a rock. But I'm only human. I feel vulnerable, and tired and I just want someone who listens to me and looks after me.
I feel a bit sad. Sorry, had to vent somewhere. No one is listening.
- I just Dremeled my toenails.
They look so neat and trim now.
- This is an absolute must read if you are a Kurt Cobain fan or interested in his suspicious death. Numerous pieces of evidence(many comments from friends) showing the state of mind Kurt was in when he died.....as you might've guessed, he wasn't even remotely suicidal:
- I'm watching Chinatown tonight.
Tomorrow, I will fix my sixth batch of gazpacho since the tomato season began. I could eat tomatoes every day for the rest of my life.
Ciaran, I am sad to hear of your loss.
AYB, I am sad to hear of your state of affairs. We're here for you. Think of us as the light that never goes out.
Bengali in Platforms
- I am watching Ballad of The Sad Cafe. I've fallen asleep the last two times I tried to watch it.
- I'm hoping the convention center gets flooded.
- On August 11 I stayed up in anticipation of the annual Perseid meteor shower and only saw one!
ONE frickin meteorite all night!
- Today I cut off all contact with the last members of my family that I still spoke to. It was one of those small things that snowballed. Oh well. I am not sad-sometimes I think I am a sociopath.
- Thanks guys, I was just having a moment that evening. I picked myself up the next day and realised how silly it was. And yesterday I had a nice date with a 22 yr old :)
It was ridiculously perfect. At one point we were outside having a smoke and it started to rain. Up to that point we'd been getting on better and better and it started to rain even more. We were sat out on one of the table/benches in the beer garden and I moved in closer. I took his hand and just looked into his eyes. It started to rain harder and I just massaged and held and squeezed his hands and he said how he was glad and I said I know it's raining but I don't care I'm loving this moment it should be in black and white. And I just gave him a kiss on his hand and we sat there for what seemed like forever.
I know. It sounds made up doesn't it? But it happened. To me.
- They should have been my eyes that you so longingly gazed into, ayb. *sigh*
- Someone is using a leaf blower outside my apartment on a Saturday morning...THAT IS GROUNDS FOR MURDER...is it not?
- Wasn't ayb suppose to put the guys hand on his crotch? That's what always happens to me.
- That came later, R159. Didn't want to spoil the moment with sordidness :)
- [quote]at one point we were outside having a smoke
You lost me at the suggestion of coronary artery disease-related impotence.
- [quote]ONE frickin meteorite all night!
Yes, but it was new alien overlords.
- I just voluteered to work for the Obama campaign. I don't usually voluteer for anything.
- I'm going to hang out with a couple of friends, but I really just want to sit here and drink a beer and space out and go back to bed. I've only been awake for 3 hours.
- Then make something sordid up to tell us, ayb!
You know the rules around here. The more sordid and lurid the better.
- I think I just asked The Arm on a date.
- "It has just dawned on me that for some people love doesn't exist and they just have longer bouts of lust until that fatal morning when ..."
Would someone please weigh in and tell me what their take is on the above quote?
- My brother just called me to let me know he & his wife are having a baby. I am very happy for them, unexpectedly happy about this, I don't know why. I don't even like them much and never see them.
- Now you can buy presents for the baby! Do you live near them? Babies and toddlers are really cute.
- I am extremely heavily sedated and I still cannot fall asleep. Would anyone like to come over and do NYT crosswords with me? I'm lonely and bored.
Bengali in Platforms
- I am heavily sedated and still can't fall asleep. Does anyone want to come over and do NYT crosswords with me? I'm bored.
Bengali in Platforms
- R369, I do not live near them. I'm in L.A. and they're in Jersey. But I hope to move back to NYC sooner or later, when my health gets better. Yes, I want to buy books for the baby and humiliating hats and toys.
Bengali, I will do crossword puzzles with you. I am also sedated with Xanax to take the edge off my hangover and cannot sleep. I napped briefly and dreamed I believed in Creationism and decided I'd had enough of that if that was the course my dreams were going to take all night.
- R368, for you.
- My job has changed completely and I hate it. Didn't realize how important it was until they took it away from me. I'm finding out the hard way change gets harder as you get older. Also i think I may get fired.
I'm so depressed...
- Wow. I was so sedated I didn't even realize that my first post had gone through. Mea culpa. Now I'm listening to Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers while I work. No time for crosswords, I'm afraid.
Bengali in Platforms
- [quote]It has just dawned on me that for some people love doesn't exist and they just have longer bouts of lust until that fatal morning when . . .
they wake up and realize it was just lust -?
Sounds to me like someone is mooning and rationalizing about someone who doesn't return their feelings. Or have realized that it was just lust all along.
Hey, lust is good. Sometimes very, very good.
- So I was taking antibiotics for oral surgery and got uncontrollable diarrhea and said, "Fuck that," and quit the antibios.
Two days later I scratched my groin and felt something weird. I said, "Oh, one of my dark brown skin tags is falling off. It's a little bloody. Ouch, it hurts"
But I persevered, scratching at it with my fingernails and pulling and finally it came out.
I brought it closer to my face to get a better look at it and of course it started walking across my hand. Yeah, it was a tick.
Back on the antibiotics I go...
- I just reported the gas station closest to my house to the Better Business Bureau for incompetence and theft. I hate this fucking city.
- Remember when Carrie Fissure had a pleasant speaking voice?
- I just blew it, damnit. I was making plans to meet this guy for the first time. He suggested we "accidentally" meet on a hiking trail (his fantasy); I suggested meeting at a park instead. We met on a dating site. He's an avid outdoorsman, I'm not as much.
I only suggested that because I'm nervous and don't want to be winded and sweaty for the first time we meet. I told him I was nervous and that we could maybe role play another time. I never heard back. This was a 40 mins ago...
- You say you blew it, R381, I say you dodged a bullet. The scenario you described sounds like something we'll be reading about in the crime section of the local paper when your body is finally discovered...
- R382 is right.
Or it could have been some sort of set up by the po-po for "public indecency".
- I am packing, ha. I'm starting with the books on one f the bottom shelves. I'm moving very slowly, but so happy to be leaving L.A.!
- The Pirate Busters are onto R380's little white supremacist radio station.
- That perfect scenario was indeed one-off. He faded away shortly afterwards with no explanation. Oh well. A week later I had another date and this time the guy wasn't my type. He had borderline pictures and I gambled hoping he might not photograph well. Turns out he does, unfortunately. Plus, he was a bit dull.
Then I got a cold and so I've just gamed a lot since then. It's been an expensive month with bills, so I dunno if I can afford more dates. I'm not keen on them anyway. I'd much rather get into a (non-serious to start off) relationship- but of course it doesn't work like that.
Getting to the second date is such a hurdle. You can't control it. If it's meant to be it will just happen, I know that from experience. On we go...
Very underwhelming :S
- People are such creeps.
- Happy Sunday, bitches.
- I took some precautions, left info with my friend and met the guy. We went up in the moutains to watch the sunset and talk; it was breathtakingly beautiful up there.
Much to my surprise and delight we had sex (I've never had sex on a first date before) twice. I hadn't had sex in a long time and neither had he. The guy was huge! I had a difficult time taking him and it hurt. Thank god he brought lube, or it would never have worked.
I've never been with a well-endowed guy before so this was a whole new experience in sensation and left me a little giddy.
He talked dirty which I liked, but he kept asking me how I liked riding his big cock or did I like it in my pussy, over and over and over. It was distracting to have to answer every time and tell him how I liked his cock in me, etc. Had he not been big, he skills were so-so. He called me a champ..lol
The worst thing about this date? He talked about himself the whole time. I listened and responded and gave feedback. When I wanted to tell him something about me, it would remind him of something and he'd start in with his story. I rarely spoke on this 8 hour date. He asked about me twice--"enough about you, let's talk about me" kind of thing. I began to tune him out and just nod after a few hours. He didn't even notice.
This is definitely not a love match, unless it's between him and himself.
He wants to hook up again, but I'm torn: on one hand, I liked his large cock (it was perfectly shaped with a nice large head) and it was a heady experience riding him, but on the other hand, his excessive "me" talk was a turn-off, and looks-wise he did nothing for me.
If only I could bag him and gag him...
- Being Human, it underwhelms me. But I feel compelled to watch what's available on Netflix streaming (UK and US). The only thing I liked about the UK version was Russell Tovey's werewolf. The only thing I like about the US version so far in Season 1 is Sam Witwer's vampire, and even that not so much.
If you could be a vampire, a werewolf, or a ghost, which would it be?
Bengali in Platforms
- OK, so Josh, the (US) werewolf, is growing on me. We are very alike in our awkwardness. Still, the show is underwhelming. Yet I continue to watch it.
Bengali in Platforms
- torn (how very appropriate given his large member), you should meet him again if you enjoyed it the sex. If he tries to take it anywhere indicating anything serious you can make it the last time. Somehow, given his level of self-absorption I think that highly unlikely. In fact, who could resist laughing at someone so obviously in love with themselves dropping even the merest [italic]suggestion[/italic] of wanting to devote themselves to another?
Keep us posted.
As for me, I just read Gore Vidal's "The Judgement of Paris"- quite challenging in parts but overall a good tale with interesting characters and a lot of engaging philosophical argument. It does rather make me long for something more straightforward next, however.
- I've resided in Ravenswood and gotten off buses at Wilson. I've spied intriguing guys over at Broadway and Aldine over the years too. Maybe Krystal's saying the Broadway Aldi's (no frills grocery store). On a side note, I'd often see Studs Terkel in that vicinity sitting on some bench feeding pigeons while people watching or chatting with other bench potatoes.
Spent plenty of pleasurable times on Eastlake Terrace during the 80s and 90s. Also lived close by there as an infant. I've moseyed on through Logan Square back when it was hardly worth it. I imagine Wicker park and Bucktown gentrification have absorbed it since I moved to FL.
- Do any of you want to drive across the country with my cat?
- Do you want my cat? He's a baby.
- Outdoorsman? Probably some gun lover who hates gay guys and wants to kill one.
- I am so over neon chicklet teeth!
Seriously. I was watching Jeff Lewis and his boyfriend on the Andy show...when they openned their mouths all I could think was, they could use their teeth for flash lights! It's just too much.
- My naturopath thinks I have something called "leaky gut syndrome" because I tested as having moderate allergies to most foods. I don't have any gastro issues at all and the only time I ever have was the two week period during which I took probiotics because I was told they wete supposedly good for me. Also, I know I don't digest cheese or milk properly, but those came up as Low on the allergy scale of Low, Moderate, Avoid. So, I think this is a bunch of bullshit.
I'm watching The Terror of Tiny Town.
- I'm being driven mad by itchy mosquito bites. I've been bitten by mosquitoes every summer for more than 50 years but they are really getting to me now. Do they get itchier as you age? Does your immune system lose the ability to fight off mosquito saliva?
I use Benadryl sticks, chiggerex, tea tree oil, vinegar, etc. I even tried blowing hot air from a hair dryer on the bites because I read online that it is a miracle cure (it did nothing).
- R399, try taking a Zyrtec.
- What's the going rate, r394?
- Applying ice on mosquito bites for about a minute will numb and thereby alleviate the itching r399.
- R401, I'm not sure. What do you think is fair? She's very sweet and she won't eat or drink or use the bathroom in the car, but she does start screaming if you go over 80mph. She may also try to hide inside motel furniture. She's microchipped and very sweet and clumsy.
- [quote] Do you want my cat? He's a baby.
Are you sure it isn't a spider that's really a baby?
- I'm going to the Big E tomorrow. :-D
- I'm watching Piranha 3D. There are lots of tits, himbos, and cheesy carnage. This actually does not underwhelm me.
Bengali in Platforms
- Hooray, the monarchs are here! It makes deadheading my butterfly bushes since the first week of July worthwhile (they bloomed early this year).
Good luck on migration, monarchs. I still have a stray hummingbird or two stopping by my feeders on their way south, though my "regulars" left last month.
- For R407 (below).
As for me, not much doing really. This week at work the 'Digital' team is hell-bent on taking everyone's photo (probably for a new website or something) so of course I look shit, unlike last week.
The Malady Lingers On...
- Coffee and a protein bar. Has my life really come to this?
Bengali in Platforms
- Every heard one of these, Ciaran?
- Who is the woman in this picture? Is this some old actress or model? I recognize the face but can't find a name:
- Lady Gaga now looks just like Amy Winehouse:
- Alma damned *starred* thread watcher thread titles were suddenly wiped out a few minutes ago. Strange. I had accumulated approximately 40 of them going back months. They weren't hurting anyone.
- Who is Alma, R413? Did someone start a thread about her?
- Alma isn't a who r414, it's an inflection of all my.
- H:...provided you are okay with the potential pleasure/pain dichotomy.
M:I am willing to submit to the pleasure/pain dichotomy.
H: Oooh, you know I love the dirty talk!
H:I shall slowly, carefully, gently insert my throbbing, dripping dichotomy into your warm, most receptacle.
- I just ordered a pizza. I'm hungry.
- Pizza is good, so don't feel bad. Also, this:
- Caressing the marble and stone
Love that was special for one
The waste and the fever and heat
How I wish you were here with me now
- I know summer is officially over, but would anyone mind if I had a gin and tonic with dinner? I'm making myself a steak.
- I'm moving into a house next month. The front room which faces the street and has a porch off of it just seems very exposed to me, even with good curtains, and I don't really want to use it as a living room. What should I use it for instead? The room directly off of it has its own door and would be traditionally used as the dining room and has a nice curved window area and a bathroom and off of that room is the kitchen which also has its own door that opens onto the yard. On the second floor there is another bathroom and a large and small bedroom and the third floor is a great finished attic with a fireplace and skylight and two rooms which I will use to work in. The basement is huge but has bad light. Anyway, so I want to use the top floor for my office/studio and the kitchen is obviously the kitchen and I don't really want to have my living room on the 2nd floor, but would it feel really weird if I swapped the living room for the dining room? You'd have to walk through it to bring food into the dining room and it's smaller than the real dining room so would be cramped and stupid for dinner parties...is there a way to make the front room feel less exposed? It's a quiet street but it gets a lot of light and has two large windows and a window in the door. I don't know how to arrange all this space; I've been stuffed into studio and one bedroom apartments for the last 15 years.
- Gotta take my car in because they fucked something up last week. I feel sick.
- Listened to Joy Division on the way home tonight. It totally destressed me after the trials of London.
- I just found out that Smash Burger delivers to my neighbourhood. This is not good news. I don't need a burger addiction.
- I'm watching some Paul Newman detective movie. I think I read the book it's adapted from or maybe all of Ross MacDonald's are vaguely similar.
- If I knew a Jewish person, I would say thank you for yet another Monday alternate-side-of-the-street-parking-is-suspended holiday. Now, off to the Altantic Antic.
Oh, and all those news programs that said traffic was no worse on Friday evening near the Barclay Center? They were full of shit. It was a mess.
- Today I heard the song "the A Team" for the first time. Wow, it's amazing.
I've never heard of Ed Sheeran, is he a big musician in the UK? I know the song topped the charts in the UK quickly. I love his voice. He reminds me of James Blunt.
And they say
She's in the class A team
Stuck in her daydream
Been this way since eighteen
But lately her face seems
Slowly sinking, wasting
Crumbling like pastries
And they scream
The worst things in life come free to us
'Cause we're just under the upper hand
And go mad for a couple grams
But she don't want to go outside, tonight
And in a pipe she flies to the motherland
Or sells love to another man
Its too cold outside
For angels to fly
An angel will die
Covered in white
And hoping for a better life
This time, we'll fade out tonight
Straight down the line
- I'm in the basement fixing servers again. Only magic allows me to post here.
- I miss Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles.
And pastel-colored toilet paper. The "Blue Bathroom" was much more pleasant with a roll of blue toilet paper on the wall dispenser, instead of a bland white one. I don't care if dyes penetrate my anal cavity. I've had worse things up there.
- Will you come over and finish packing for me? I'll take you out to dinner or something.
- I am a horrible person. I was in Madison Square park this afternoon and there was a bunch of religious Jewish guys who were carrying palms and stopping people to speak with them. When one of them approached me, before he could say anything, I said, "Oh, is it Palm Sunday already?"
- What else were you suppose to say?
I wanted to know what should that guy do about his porch/livingroom.
- This scares me and relaxes me at the same time. Strangely mesmerizing:
- Today I made a couple of pies. But I'm not Piecunt because I didn't have any twinks over helping and I wasn't naked when I made them.
Plus I don't have a blog about how funny I am and look at my pies (mind the pubic hair).
- I'm a good piemaker ayb, and I'm still mostly a twink. And, if you want help with your pies, I promise not to get any pubes in them.
- I don't cook naked anymore after horribly burning my foot with a steak. But I do bake pies sometimes.
- I love Wednesdays. They're like a tiny oasis of easy in a sea of OMG WTF.
- I thought it was Tuesday, Ciaran. Fuck am I behind.
- I have been invited to two Hallowe'en parties by two people on my FB list, both are somewhat estranged. Am wondering whether I should go to the one with the best gay prospects or the one with the better venue, or just not bother at all- as originally planned.
I've not been in this position before. Usually it happens or it doesn't. I don't have to make choices. I'm not good at those.
- Does anyone ever get any good news?
- ...so I ate a bunch of chocolate cookies.
- I closed my Facebook account and got a subscription to the DL today. I'd rather be here during election season than on Facebook.
Tomorrow, I'm making pumpkin cake cookies.
- I woke up Sunday morning and heard white throated sparrows singing. That means winter is on its way. I haven't seen any juncos yet. The more juncos, the more severe the winter. Last year I saw only two juncos and winter was mild. The previous two winters I saw tons of juncos and it was very snowy.
The berries on my neighbor's juniper tree ripened last week. I saw a lot of robins and catbirds eating the berries and then on Saturday a flock of juvenile cedar waxwings arrived and stripped the tree almost clean.
Canada geese are back for the winter and fly overhead twice a day. I have one red breasted nuthatch and one white breasted nuthatch at my feeder. And I have some other fall visitors -- towhees. They disappear when winter comes along.
And of course, the Cooper's and sharp shinned hawks are haunting the feeder area.
- This made me laugh!!!
"You're goin' to jail now! You're goin' to jail now!"
- Try to cry out in the heat of the moment
Possessed by a fury that burns from inside
Cry like a child, though these years make me older
With children my time is so wastefully spent
- I patted the head of my ferrel cat Meowhiss while I was feeding him.
He gave me the Sue Simmons:
- When in doubt, watch [italic]An American Werewolf in London.[/italic] As I am now in doubt, it seems a viable decision. And thus I am decided.
Bengali in Platforms
- First day I've needed to wear a hat since March. It's coooooooold out there this morning.
- Does anyone want to follow me on Instagram? I only have 3 followers.
- It's almost 3am and I've been up for 3 days straight with my dog. He's got a collapsing trachea, pneumonia and something else we're trying to get a diagnosis on. I feel so bad. He's 12 and this all came on quite suddenly. He's getting a procedure done where they will go into his lungs to take out some cells so they can identify the virus so it can be treated. No medication has worked thus far and this is the last resort. I hope I won't have to make any difficult decisions and this procedure works and he will be ok. He's my baby.
- Hope things improve R451.
- I'm reading the "Random Golden Girls Lines" thread instead of doing housework.
Every so often, someone posts a fake one, usually with Sophia making references to Blanche's pussy... They're making me laugh as much as the real quotes.
- Every time I do a search for this thread it comes up "No Threads."
Now I will save it to my watched list.
- Same here R454. And mine won't stay in my watched list either.
- Was that hard?
- Obviously we found the thread by Googling it, R456.
- My boss was supposed to have left a slip for me to take to security outside her office. Naturally, it isn't there. Would it have been too much bother for her to have put it in interoffice mail?
- Has anyone ever got laid off Grindr?
- I just peed in my neighbor's pool.
He wasn't home at the time.
- Ryan! Welcome to The Datalounge. It's nice to have an actual olympic gold medal winner here!
- HOWWWWWWWWWWWW - DEE!
- Kurt Love asked if she killed Kurt Cobain, not a very convincing response:
- I've had the AC off at home in Palm Desert for four days straight. It's quite lovely out.
- Great for Halloween:
- Do teachers have orgasms?
- Totally freaked out by this freaking Frankenstorm. We are supposed to be in cape May NJ this weekend and that is IN BETWEEN both European and American models as to where the Hurricane makes landfall.
- My feet are killing me. If you're doing a cross country move with Andy's refuse to have a driver named Greg who is from Maine.
- I brought last night's leftover pasta to work for lunch.
- It's very cold and windy. Winter is coming.
- R451, how is your dog doing?
- I ♥ ayb, but he's whinging on about a bit of cold and windy weather whilst we are facing frankenstorm. (^_~)
- R472. he's in the animal hospital. The procedure resulted in having a "negative culture" for any virus or infection. So that really sucks. I was hoping it was a acute infection of some sort of virus that we could treat, and then once it was treated they they were going to have a stent put in his trachea to widen his airway.
But, that can't be done. He has It's "Chronic Inflammation of the Airway and Lungs" They are putting him on high doses of prednizone. But if he doesn't improve within the next week or two, I have to put him down. I can't have him suffer like this.
He's an older boy, but he's never been sick before.
- Good luck in the Frankenstorm, R473 :)
- Very sorry, R474. I'm giving my dog an extra hug right now.
- Ever meet someone on a date that's such a horrific narcissist it makes you come away actually wanting to be a better person than you were previously?
I did tonight :(
- AYB...you are the best! Having Frankenstorm jitters too. (Live in Bergen County, NJ and raking leaves like crazy so it doesn't blow around the yard!)
I want to know...why are people sitting on the Jersey shore living in LaLa land not concerned one bit about this friggin Hurricane? Tomorrow is mandatory evacuation and the GSP is going to be JAMMED! DUHHH!!!
- THanks R476. Between him being in the hospital and me living in the bulls eye of this Frankenstorm, it's going to be a real shitty week.
- Let's hope for the best, R451. It sounds like you are doing all you can for him.
- "According to the info I recorded on my mapping program, we had sex at exactly the 3475 ft level of Mt Catherine in the high valley on the West side of the Hyak ski area. The boot picture was taken under the power lines approximately 200 ft higher - or 3700 ft.
Further, I ejaculated approximately 1 teaspoon of semen into your vagina - some of which leaked out, and some of which was absorbed into your body - hopefully as an anti-depressant."
Who said romance is dead.
- They changed the Oreo cookie, removing trans fat and they are terrible, just because fat people cannot control themselves I cannot have a fucking Oreo every few months.
- A great thread, now closed:
- I miss the 'East Asian' troll greatly. He had a lot of funny and insightful posts. Come back!
- I've been talking to my friend for over a year, trying to help him come out to his mother. He finally wrote her a lovely letter, which she received yesterday (they live on different sides of the country). Now, she won't speak with him. He has been so nervous about this and I feel so sorry for him.
She texted him saying "nothing really definitive" according to my friend and that she would speak with him soon.
Stupid, selfish woman. She doesn't deserve that sweet guy.
- Why can't Third World imports be properly regulated? It's so frustrating having to dump a new $4,000 couch when its leather, apparently dyed with toxic chemicals, stinks out the house and causes ones skin to prickle. My wallet has been raped.
- OMG. Would-be film star Oma Hamou is tweeting that her bankruptcy case has been dismissed and she can pursue her RICO case. You can't make this stuff up!
- I'm really clingy and I think it's going to lead my boyfriend to break up with me.
- You can work on the clingy-ness, r488. You might want to start a separate thread for advice. Sure, you'll get a ton of bitchy responses, but you'll also get some good advice mixed in. I wish you the best.
Bengali in Platforms
- I'm going to a Halloween party tonight. The person throwing it is a girl I knew at uni. She was always a lazy cow, so I made sure I'm going with a friend so that if it sucks we can go somewhere else.
Why am I going to the party of a person I've seen once in person in the last 13 years? Sheer morbid curiosity at how 'fabulous' her life really is, I guess. Plus, I love dressing up.
Laughably, she's already posted on the FB page hinting people should bring decorations. She has criminal taste in music as well.
Should be a giggle with my friend. I'm going as a gay leather stereotype (complete with hankies in the back pocket) since the theme was scary or slutty.
- Am I the only one that feels like we should all watch "Cries and Whispers" every morning on the way to work? I mean, I haven't done it yet.. but could you imagine the impact?
People in their offices sat staring blankly out into the void, running into the corridor to scream.
"Have you got that report done yet, Jefferson?"
"Jefferson?? I said.."
"It's all LIES! A tissue of lies... don't TOUCH me!"
- And this. These numbers are underrepresented:
- Day one of the big apartment clean up.
I've decided to get rid of all the stuff I do not use.
I washed two windows and I'm ready to give up.
It's going to be a long few days.
- R496 have you been living like Quentin Crisp?
- "I just want to be loved. Is that so wrong?"
- Do nipples get more sensitive with age?
- Only Johnette Napolitano can express how I feel today. Ugh.
Bengali in Platforms
- I had no idea David Byrne is not American. I feel so dumb right now.
- "Midnight Cowboy" is a brilliant film. A real 5 star effort. If you haven't seen it, make a point of getting it and watching it.
- If there are any computer geeks out there, do you know if I can get a mouse similar to the wireless mouse from Apple? I'm on a mac at work and I love it, but it has ruined my browsing experience here at home. I've spent the entire evening stroking my mouse and getting absolutely nowhere.
- I'm eating leftover Popeye's Fried Chicken for breakfast. And a diet Coke. Or two.
- My welfare check was late by a week this month. My case worker forgot to file it. I was threatened with immediate eviction. My mother has developed a disease. She doesn't know what it is, but she's sure it is going to kill her sometime next week. I burned the hamburgers last night in the dirty fry pan I didn't have the strength to wash. I ate five of them, plain, on stale white bread with a large glass of tap water. I've discovered a recipe for homemade catsup only I have no money to buy the ingredients even though they are under a dollar.
- It's Thanksgiving(ish), so I'm having a cup of homemade, high-test eggnog for breakfast. And I don't feel the least bit guilty. Hey, it has eggs in it, doesn't it?
- I didn't go to bed last night.
- I didn't know this was allowed on eBay.
- Liza Minnelli appeared on Joy Behar's Say Anything on Tuesday and no one started a thread about it. Imagine that. I caught it on the DVR and it was a pretty damn good show if you FF past the beginning fuckwad political segments. David Steinberg and Susie Essman also were guests and they were also fun. FYI, I wouldn't be surprised if they rerun this show on either Friday or next Friday. Friday is rerun day.
- Rock Kills kid. A sorta somewhat oldie but goodie.
- I just had some string cheese because seriously a man cannot live on ham alone.
- Porn actor Juan Steel appeared on Judge Judy
- Just came across this. OK, which of you bitches is responsible?
- how to knit with pencils
- if i knew it was gonna be this kind of party I'd a put my dick in the mash potatoes
- I love cheesy mash.
- III Communication
- Christmas trees, £20 each.
- I'd like to understand, but it only makes my head hurt.
- Free hair dye, who knew?:
- I can't find my remote control and I want to watch TV.
Applied for a job where I had a really excellent lead, good qualifications, and a nice chance to get it. They suddenly cut off discussions with me and on LinkedIn I now see that the guy who got the job is a real dishonest tool who has been fired from every job he ever had. Oh well, he is cute and straight :(
- I can't stop listening to this song. I can't, I can't, I can't.
Bengali in Platforms
- I got a computer company to change something sexist on their website this morning.
- I want a drink. And that would not be a good idea.
- I'm watching Boy Interrupted.
- Bassou is the hottest man ever, google him for more pics!
- Tinsel, 3 for a pound.
- This is my new, favourite Christmas song.
- Ice. Snow. Tea. Bad Netflix movies. Yay.
Bengali in Platforms
- A daily fix of Ms Oma Hamou is so soothing. Whatever ones troubles they can't compare...
[quote]"Gay Mafia" is not a term used publicly or within polite company. It's not something we're supposed to talk about it. To do so, according to conventional wisdom, is to engage in homophobia or paranoia. It is the moral equivalent of anti-Semitism. However, every aspect of my life and business have been targeted by this group of individuals and am the focus of a hate crime. In today's society, we often hear about GAYS being targeted for hate crimes in my case it is obviously this group of gay males from the Alexander Palace Time Machine history forum are engaged in reverse discrimination against me. My RICO case against the Alexander Palace Time Machine and members of that history forum is about years of abuse by the Gay Mafia of the Alexander Palace Time Machine.
- I want to discuss Bina48.
- So the guy at the gym who I have a crush on was there yesterday afternoon, and his son was with him. Must be home from college.
I normally don't do the incest thread thing, and get grossed out even thinking of my father or brother that way. But watching this father and son undress in the locker room together, I could kind of understand. Although I wouldn't want them fooling around with each other, I just want them both fooling around with me.
- I'm going to get up and dance to a song that was a hit before my mother was born.
- Do you think the Velvet Mafia in Hollywood ever get target a certain individual. If I were part of it, I would have targeted Merv and Mel. For different reasons of course.
Din't Eisner or Ovitz feel targeted?
- I'm going to fire my housekeeper today. She was due at 9:30 this morning, and it's 11:15 and I have heard nothing from her.
Complicating the situation is that she's my best friend's daughter-in-law-to-be. I don't want his granddaughter to starve, but I'm tired of her irresponsibility.
- C'mon, just 66 more to go!
Is it OK to skip working out for a day? Damn, I feel tired. It must be the cold outside.
- It is the cold. All I want to do is sleep.
- I forgot I had some ground beef in my fridge. It was purchased on the 19th and sticker says sell by the 21st. I can't tell if it's turned. Some of it is pink, but most of it is light brown. Is it safe to make into patties and freeze or should I just throw it out? Thanks
- It should be ok, R538. The 'sell by' date is not the same as the 'use by' date. If it doesn't smell and it isn't slimy it should be ok. Why don't you crumble it up and make some meat sauce rather than patties? That way, you can be sure it is cooked through.
- R539, thank you for the input. So as long as meat isn't slimy it's ok as a general rule? It all smells weird to me uncooked. I bought it to make burgers with. I got roasted red peppers and garlic aoli to go with it. I'm not much of a cook, but sometimes I bake and my pies turn out well. If it has slightly turned, would making sure the burgers are well done prevent that from being a problem? Would one be able to tell from the taste after they're cooked if something is wrong?
- I've been really strict about my diet and working out for a month now. Is it OK if I have a beer tonight?
- Ugh, I ordered some contacts on line only to realize that my prescription had expired. Why is a prescription valid 2 years for eyeglasses and 1 year for contacts?!
- Spent most of the day watching 'Dead Like Me.'. On Chiller channel 168 (cablevision NJ). Kind of a weird marathon to show on Xmas Eve. Tomorrow they are showing "The Secret Circle.'. A new Xmas tradition?
- ONE BEER! AND THAT'S IT!
- The Story of O.
- Scallops, motherfuckers! Tons and tons of scallops!
Bengali in Platforms
- [quote] Why is a prescription valid 2 years for eyeglasses and 1 year for contacts?
Try globallens.com in Canada. They don't have the same ridiculous rules.
- You don't have Boxing Day over there, do you?
- R547, thanks for the tip. I checked them out. Their prices are almost double than what Vision Direct charges.
- Is DHL the worst shipping service ever? I spent the whole day waiting for a package that was supposed to be delivered about 3 hours ago (according to their customer service). I am livid right now.
- No, ayb. We have that most American of holidays: The Day After Christmas Clearance Sale Pilgrimage! Huzzah! Hooray! Joy!
Bengali in Platforms
- Eating my generic Aldi chocolates and drinking my generic Aldi Cola. And you know what? Both are perfectly fine.
- I don't remember if I took my pills or not, I hate when that happens.
- I'm so sick of Mumford and Sons. Adele too.
- Baby, it's cold outside.
- I hate when you go to a party, have a pretty good time, get drunk and know it's time to leave but everyone and everything conspires to prevent that.
But I'm definitely giving up smoking for good now. It crept back in, and it can bloody well sod off again.
Time for a month of job hunting and eating salad for lunch.
- Aldi's produce...good prices.
- So it'd New Years Day, will my Senator answer the phone?
- The Doors in magnificent mono.
- I just drank a half bottle of Nyquil
- Out of my window I can see them standing in the moonlight, two silhouettes saying goodnight by the garden gate.
- No cunt posts in this thread anymore...
- Sorry, that was rude of me. But it does seem ill-attended compared to its predecessors...
- oh come ON
- I'm watching the surfing from Half Moon Bay. I wonder if Cackle Cackle is there.
- Is this a pizza night, or do I have to cook?
- I'm sitting in my office reading this thread.
- My cat was bird watching out the front door today. She loves the white throated sparrows who pop in and out of the hedges. So I stopped to watch and I saw -- for the first time ever in real life -- a winter wren. It was so tiny and dark! We always have Carolina wrens and the occasional house wren, but this was the first winter wren. And then it snowed, so I guess he was here to bring winter.
- I love birdwatching.
- I was just channel surfing and I came upon this show. Sometimes I wish I had been alive back then. I love the guy in the background with the huge afro and the orange suit.
- Damn, I had the best frau name, too.
- I love my mom. I just want her to be happy.
- The 1960s and 1970s...best time ever, unless you were in Viet Nam but I'm thinking Viet Nam was probably better then Iraq.
- I tried poaching an egg in the microwave and the whole thing exploded very, very badly. Just spent the last hour cleaning it out.
- This is the final week for the Year of the Dragon. Feb. 10 is Chinese New Year's (and new moon) Day 2013. It'll be the Year of the Snake. Hissssss!
- I ordered scrambled eggs at IHOP, and they came dry and over-cooked with brown all over them. I hate browned eggs. But I choked them down anyway, because I didn't want to make a fuss.
- I think I just gave too much permission to Words With Friends. How embarrassing!
- Dig this poetry slam recitation by Hillary Clinton.
- Barf bags.
Get your barf bags.
Get your barf bags.
- I just had some chili. I love chili. I just drank some root beer. I love root beer. I just did some work I brought home. I do not love that.
- I wonder if my neighbor died while having brain surgery and I don't know if that is a good thing or bad and I don't know then well enough to go ask. He had cancer for 3 years, it's time to give up the fight.
Young people die before their time, old people linger.
- I'm wondering if I shouldn't order a pizza tonight.
- We are expecting snow here in the NE. I will be in the food store with a million other people after work tonight. I also need to stop at the liquor store. Crappy thing is I am having a refrigerator delivered tomorrow so I can't buy too much stuff that needs refrigeration.
Snow Bunny in the NE
- I'm obsessed with "Simple Joys" from PIPPIN lately. Ben Vereen sounds fantastic and I love the 70s orchestrations.
- I adore this thread.
- I hope your frig gets delievered.
- How many DLers are snowed under in the NE? I hope everyone is cozy and not freezing in an unheated home.
- My Mum was actually shocked when I suggested the Pope had resigned because he's up to his neck in shit with the international paedo scandal. I mean, even the drones at work are openly talking/joking about the Pope being a child-fucker.
I said to my Mum she's too delicate for this world, and she agreed.
- I have a painful swollen gland in my neck but I don't feel sick.
- Good news, you probably have lymphoma.
- We know the Pope stepped down because he had to. No motherfucker willingly gives up power once they have it, they either die or are forced out.
- My best friend, who is straight and lost his wife to cancer a year and a half ago after 25 years of marriage, started a relationship with an old (formerly platonic) friend, and she moved here to live with him. It ended this morning after a tumultuous few months with her moving back home, 850 miles away.
I don't think he's sad so much as exhausted from it all. When they clicked, the connection was marvelous; when they didn't, it was really awful.
Makes me glad to be single.
Interesting but unrelated factoid: his son, who is 20, is straight, but his son's best friend is gay. They're a cool family.
- Most straight men don't really like to be alone. A good wife is nice to have.
- It's a terible night. I'm afraid trees will be falling.
- My inexpensive Breadman bread machine died so I invested in a DeLonghi breadmaker. I tried it out by making the recipe for basic white bread given in the manual and it's fantastic. It's spongy and sweet and moist, like gourmet Wonder Bread.
- Air popped popcorn with a little salt and olive oil. Surprisingly not bad.
- We're almost there, kids. Who's going to start the new thread?
- It's taken over 8 months but this underwhelming thread is pert near done.
- My legs hurt again tonight. I thought I was getting better. I agreed to become a moderator of my support group but I really do not have patience for most of the problems there.