- Very good question.
I nominate James Dean in East of Eden.
- Frank Langella as Dracula
- Amrican gigolo
- Good choice, R1. His shirt hangs open just right throughout ... and that weird scene in the shower when his investor tells Dean he's making him hot standing to close to him? WTF?
Just look how beautiful he is, even fully clothed...
My other choice would be Vincent Perez, QUEEN MARGOT.
- agree with R5 completely....need look no further than Marlon in Streetcar
- Ewen MacGregor in Moulin Rouge
- Brando in Streetcar with Warren Beatty in Bonnie & Clyde a close second. And how friggin' gorgeous was Faye D in that?
- Tim Curry as Frank-N-Furter
- Paul Newman, Cat on a hot tub roof. Utterly gorgeous
- Nicholas Cage in "Valley Girl."
- Agree w Warren in B&C.
Jean Paul Belmondo in "Breathless"
Paul Newman in "The Long Hot Summer"
Brad Pitt in "Thelma and Louise"
- Olivier Martinez in Unfaithful.
- Peter Frampton in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
- Katherine Turner in Body Heat
- OK so now who would go for him, but...
Travolta in Saturday Night Fever.
- Brad Pitt in "Thelma and Louise" and Mickey Rourke in Nine 1/2 Weeks
- Linda Fiorentino in The Last Seduction.
- James Dean looked like a mentally challenged bulldog.
My vote: William Holden in Sunset Blvd.
- Andrew Scott. Moriarity. Sherlock Holmes. Mmmm.
- I'd say Jude Law in "The Talented Mr. Ripley," but my tastes are admittedly pretty bland.
- Marlon - Streetcar
Paul Newman - Cat
- Gael garcia bernal in The motercycle diaries
- Treat Williams in Smooth Talk.
- Brad Davis & Franco Nero in "Querrelle"
- The thread should have been closed the first time someone brought up Brando in "Streetcar".
Now, it should only exist so more people can vote for him. Come ON, people, there's never been such brutal charisma!
- Heath Ledger in Brokeback Mountain
- The guy Diane Lane cheated on Richard Gere with in 'Unfaithful'. Hot.
- Olivier Martinez is really HOT
- Heath Ledger, who otherwise was not what I think of as a particularly sexy or handsome man, just smolders his way through Brokeback Mountain. The scene where Ennis devours Jack after not seeing each other for several years,yikes!!
I find Kevin Costner mighty damn sexy in Bull Durham, also.
- Kevin Costner in the locker room in B.D.
- Rod Taylor in any of his 60s movies
- Warren Beatty in both "Bonnie and Clyde" and "Splendor In The Grass"
Alan Bates in "Women In Love"
- Warren is also VERY sexy in "Reds," and Jack gives him a run for his money in that film! They are both smokin' hot in it.
- Mickey Rourke, 9 1/2 Weeks
- Paul Newman "Hud"
Hart Bochner "Apartment Zero"
Casper Van Dien "On the Border"
Michael Woods, "Lady Beware"
- God yes,
Marlon in Streetcar
Paul in Cat or Hud
- Gottfried John in Berlin Alexanderplatz
- Tom Cruise in Top Gun
- William Hurt in Children of a Lesser God, Kiss of the Spider Woman, and Jane Eyre (though learning he beats women diminished his appeal for me)
Toby Stephens (son of Maggie Smith) in another version of Jane Eyre. some of the dialogue (*most* of the dialogue) in that version is gag-inducing but Toby Stephens is smoldering and also bears such a close resemblance to his mum as to be essentially a hot male reincarnation of Dame Maggie.
see picture of Toby linked below:
- pic of Toby's mum Maggie Smith:
- Alan Bates in the 1960s
- God picks, R36
- No one has mrntioned this ?
Richard Tyson (with Sherilyn Fenn) in "Two Moon Junction
- Ned Beatty in Deliverance
- Jan Michael Vincent in Buster and Billie. for very obvious reasons.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt in MYSTERIOUS SKIN.
- Russell Crowe in Gladiator.
- Ernest Borgnine in "Marty" & "The Poseidon Adventure"
- Cat on a hot tub roof? I don't THINK SO>
- Montgomery Clift
- Brad Renfro in Bully. The damn movie opens with him having phone sex with a guy, saying in a VERY convincing dom voice: "I want you to suck my big dick"!
- Ryan Gosling in Blue Valentine. Depressing movie, but he just does it for me.
- Bad movie, but unforgettable, and as far as sexy goes, I offer Sal Mineo in Who Killed Teddy Bear.
- I agree with Ewan MacGregor in Moulin Rouge.
- Brett Novek in hot man-on-man action in David DeCoteau's The Brotherhood V: Alumni.
- Wallace Shawn in "My Dinner With Andre"
- Anyone who votes for Paul Newman in Cat or Hud must not have seen him in The Long Hot Summer.
- [quote]Anyone who votes for Paul Newman in Cat or Hud must not have seen him in The Long Hot Summer.
or "Sweet Bird of Youth".
- Ray Sharkey in Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly HIlls
- Nicholas Cage in "Moonstruck". It is the only time he has ever been sexy on film.
- Steven Bauer in Thief of Hearts was incredibly hot, but then not ever again in anything else.
- Daniel Craig in Casino Royale
- OMG, R62, you picked Thief of Hearts! I just watched that last month after having not seen it in decades. Steven Bauer was easy on the eyes but that weird, nasally voice ruined it for me. That movie had some great music too.
- James Spader in Sex Lies & Videotape
- The entire cast of Top Gun. Including Tom Skeritt.
- Jude Law in The Talented Mr. Ripley
- Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction, specifically when he mounted his girlfriend.
- Tom Hardy in Wuthering Heights
- George Clooney and Jlo in Out of Sight
Brad and Angie in Mr and Mrs. Smith
Vincent Cassell in that Oceans movie
Penelope Cruz in Jamon Jamon
Javier Bardem, Viggo Mortensen and Daniel Craig in all their movie roles
Robert DeNiro in Heat
- Hart Bochner in Apartment Zero
- r49 = Cynthia Nixon
- Another horrible movie, but even so:
Brad Davis in Querelle
- Joaquin Phoenix in "Quills"
- Jeff Bridges in "The Fabulous Baker Boys".
- "Bernie" in WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S
- Edward Norton in American History X
Ralph Fiennes in Schindlers List
Christophe Waltz in Inglorious Basterds
Yes, I am a demented person who needs help.
- A friend of mine was obsessed with Burt Reynolds in Boogie Nights.
- Ryan Philippe in "Cruel Intentions." Matt Damon in "Good Will Hunting."
- Abe Vigoda in Cannonball Run 2
- Glenn Close in "Albert Nobbs".
- R79 shit how could i forget ryan philippe so god damn sexy in that film.
- Keanu Reeves, My Own Private Idaho.
- Richard Gere, American Gigilo.
- Jeff Bridges in Against All Odds.
- Not exactly a sexy performance, but Timothy Bottoms in The Paper Chase is the most beautiful man to have ever appeared in a major motion picture.
- Was Timothy Bottoms in Elephant?
- Laurence Olivier, Richard III
Alan Bates, Far From the Madding Crowd
Daniel Day Lewis, Last of the Mohicans
- Brad Pitt in Seven
- Sadly not seen by a lot of people but Viggo Mortensen in A Walk on the Moon.
- Antonio Banderas in anything before he met Melanie Griffith.
- Ellen Barkin - Sea of Love
- Really, people?
When they say this board isn't like it used to be, they aren't kidding.
- Brando in "Streetcar". Hot! Hot! Hot!
- Robert Pattinson
and Breaking Dawn part 1
- I'm just gonna say it---Kevin Spacey in L.A. CONFIDENTIAL. I've never found him physically appealing and still don't, but in that film he was sexy as hell.
- Alan Rickman, Truly, Madly, Deeply
- Everyone in LA Confidential was sexy. Great film.
- Dennis Quaid in The Big Easy.
- Denzel in Out of Time. Makes me hot just thinking about it.
- Alec Baldwin in The Juror. Damn he was so fucking hot.
- Now that I think of it, Michael Keaton was pretty sexy in Batman and Batman Returns.
- Ewan McGregor was in a movie with Tilda Swinton about some people who lived on a barge. Can't remember the name but it was something about a man called Adam, or a boy called Adam.
- Guy Pearce in L.A. confidential was hot.
- I can't believe it - over 100 posts and no-one's mentioned Robert Mitchum?
'Pursued', 'Out Of The Past', 'River Of No Return', 'The Night Of The Hunter', 'Cape Fear'...
Honourable mention to the well-hung (according to the 'Biggest Pricks in Hollywood' thread) Gary Cooper. I never thought he was sexy until I saw him in 'Morocco'. Wow! No wonder Marlene traipsed off into the desert (in heels) chasing after him.
Well, you would, wouldn't you?!
- Dennis Quaid- Big Easy, Ewan Macgregor- The Pillow Book
- R103 "Young Adam"
- Clark Gable - Gone with the wind
John Malkovich - Dangerous Liaisons
- I obviously need the same help as you do, r77, because I'm with you on every one of those choices, except that I would add Ray Liotta in Something Wild.
Goddamn, those psychos make me hot!
- Jon Voight in "Midnight Cowboy" was nothing to sneeze at either. Damn, that big blond was sexy, dumb and full of cum.
Mel Gibson in "Tim" with the glorious Piper Laurie.
- Macaulay Culkin in "Home Alone"
- 2nd for Warren Beatty in "Splendor in the Grass" and/or "Bonnie and Clyde."
- Eva Mendes, Training Day
- I'm not a big fan of robert pattinson's acting but he was sexy in twilight.
- I love old movies, so don't laugh, but Gregory Peck in Duel in the Sun.
- Cary Grant, in everything he ever did, but especially Notorious.
- Yes Notorious. I loved it.
- Ryan O'Neal in What's Up Doc?
Dustin Hoffman in The Graduate
John Cassavettes in Rosemary's Baby
- Some oldies:
John Hodiak in Lifeboat
Joel McCrea in The More the Merrier
Randolph Scott in My Favorite Wife
Johnny Weissmuller in Tarzan and His Mate
John Payne whenever he was shirtless
- Keith Andes in Clash by Night
Dana Andrews in The Lady Eve
I love danger.
- Patricia Neal, "Hud", (1963.)
- Marty Feldman - "Young Frankenstein"
- Brando in The Wild One.
- How the HELL, in 7 pages, has nobody mentioned
Elias Koteas in CRAAH (1996, Cronenberg)???
- i meant CRASH obviously
- BRANDO in ''A Streetcar Named Desire'' and in
- MARLON in ''The Men'' was the most beautiful and handsome man that ever appeared in this planet.
- Hands down, Albert Finney, "Tom Jones".
- What about Burt Lancaster in 'The Crimson Pirate'?
Astonishingly handsome and sexy!
- Steve Mcqueen also oozed sexiness in most of his movies. I love this photo from the film
Who wouldn't like to be fucked by him after seeing him in this photo as Robin Hood?
Errol Flynn of this photo is irresistible.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Mysterious Skin
Hart Bochner in Apartment Zero
Warren Beatty in Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone
Christopher Jones in Three in the Attic
Richard Beymer in The Stripper
Johnny Sheffield in the Bomba series
Ryan Phillippe in 54
Robert Pattinson in Twilight & Little Ashes
Robert Forster in Reflections in a Golden Eye
Montgomery Clift in The Heiress & A Place in the Sun
Anthony Perkins in Green Mansions
Paul Newman in Hud & Sweet Bird of Youth
Richard Gere in American Gigolo
Ryan Gosling in Murder By Numbers
Alain Delon in Purple Noon & Yellow Rolls Royce
Ryan Reynolds in The Proposal
Christian Bale in American Psycho
Brad Pitt in Interview With the Vampire
Tom Cruise in All the Right Moves
Harry Hamlin in Making Love
Brad Davis in Querelle
William Hurt in Body Heat
James Dean in Giant
Sal Mineo in Who Killed Teddy Bear?
Don Johnson in Magic Garden of Stanley Sweetheart
Mark Frechette in Zabriskie Point
John Phillip Law in Barbarella & Diabolik
David Hemmings in Blow Up
John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever
Richard Chamberlain in Joy in the Morning
Michael Sarrazin in In Search of Gregory
Jon Voight in Midnight Cowboy
William Katt in First Love
Robert Redford in Little Fauss & Big Halsey
Joe Dallesandro in Flesh
Bjorn Andresen in Death in Venice
Christopher Reeve in Somewhere in Time
Brandon de Wilde in All Fall Down
Phillips Holmes in Her Man & American Tragedy
William Holden in Picnic
Cary Grant in North by Northwest
James Stewart in Rear Window
Troy Donahue in Parrish
Miles O'Keefe in Tarzan, the Ape Man
John Kerr in South Pacific
George Peppard in The Carpetbaggers
John Payne in Captain China
Errol Flynn in The Sea Hawk
Burt Lancaster in His Majesty O'Keefe
Ramon Novarro in The Pagan
George Chakiris in West Side Story
Terence Stamp in Teorema
James Franciscus in Youngblood Hawke
Johnny Weismuller in Tarzan and His Mate
- R132 you are a real sugar. Love ya!
- Kevin Costner --Bull Durham. He is hot as hell interacting with the other baseballers as well as with Susan Sarandon.
Keith Ledger-- Brokeback Mountain. Man, just oozes it, very powerful stuff.
- R Crowe in LA Confidential
Richard Burton in ''The Robe''
The sexiest performance by an actor in a movie is Gene Kelly in "The Pirate". The ballet.
His butt dance in "An American in Paris" is not bad either.
- Catherine Deneuve in Belle de Jour
Brigitte Bardot in And god created woman
Marilyn Monroe in The seven year itch
Marlon Brando in A streetcar named desire
Marcello Mastroianni in ''La notte''
- Sean Connery in "Hunt for the Red October"!
Renato Salvatori in 'Rocco and his Brothers'
- Rupert Graves in "Maurice"
- Marlon Brando in "Streetcar Named Desire" or Olivier Martinez in "Horseman on the Roof" or Vincent Perez in "Talk of Angels" or Marco Leonardi in "Cinema Paradiso."
- Vincent Perez in anything
- Brad Pitt in Thelma & Louise.
- Frank Langella in anything.
- I love Ryan Gosling in Blue Valentine.
- Javier Bardem in Before Night Falls
- Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction
- Daniel Craig in everything
Monty Clift in A Place in the Sun
Val Kilmer in The Doors and Top Gun
Paul Newman in everything
Redford in Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid, The Great Gatsby and The Way We Were
James Dean in Giant
- And oh yeas, Marlon in Streetcar
- Ryan Gosling in Drive
Brandon Routh in Superman Returns
Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Looper
Taylor Kitsch in John Carter
Taylor Lautner in New Moon
Leonardo di Caprio in Total Eclipse
Keanu Reeves in My Own Private Idaho
- Kenny Wormald in Footloose
- Jeff Bridges in Against All Odds.
John Malkovich in Dangerous Liaisons
Keanu Reeves in Point Break.
- [quote]Kenny Wormald in Footloose
Kevin Bacon in Footloose
- Dewey Martin, The Big Sky.
Charlton Heston, Planet of the Apes. Ben Hur.
Aldo Ray, God's Little Acre; The Day They Robbed the Bank of England.
Howard Keel, Kiss Me Kate.
Brando, A Streetcar Named Desire. Sayonara.
Stewart Granger, Scaramouche.
Heath Ledger, Brokeback Mountain.
William Holden, Bridge on the River Kwai. Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing
Jon Voight, Midnight Cowboy.
Lawrence Casey, The Gay Deceivers.
John Hurt, 10 Rillington Place. (I, too am a bit demented! But no apologies from me!)
Ty Hardin, PT 109
- Keanu Reeves in Speed
- John Garfield, The Postman Always Rings Twice. They Made Me A Criminal.
John Derek, Knock On Any Door.
Wendell Corey, The Rainmaker.
Don Murray, Bus Stop.
- Alain Delon in "Purple Noon."
- Antonio Banderas and Catherine Zeta-Jones had incredible chemistry in Mask of Zorro. That dueling scene was hot!
- Kris Kristofferson, Cisco Pike, The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea, Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid.
Ed Harris, Alamo Bay.
Tyrone Power, The Mark of Zorro.
- Julie Andrews in "Mary Poppins."
- Belmondo in Breathless
- Hugh O'Brian, in "Love Has Many Faces".
George Nader, in "Away All Boats!"
- Richard Gere in "Looking for Mr. Goodbar", hands down. Pure sex.
- Kevin Costner in The Bodyguard.
- Kyle MacLachlin in
- Antonio Banderas in a crapfest movie titled Never Talk to Strangers. The movie was horrible, but the sex scene with Antonio's ass cheek being nipped and he was soyoung and hot. One of the best sex scenes in a terrible neo-noir film.
- Diane Lane in Unfaithful.
- Vincent Perez - Queen of the Damned (Stuart Townsend gets an honorable honorable mention but horrible in every other way)
Javier Bardem (and Penelope) - Jamon Jamon
Dennis Quaid - The Big Easy
Kevin Costner - No Way Out
Mel Gibson - The Year of Living Dangerously
- Stuart gets just one honorable mention.
- Cillian Murphy in Breakfast on Pluto.
The most beautiful actress working in movies today.
- Gene Kelly in anything he's ever done.
- Dennis Quaid The Big Easy...very true.
William Hurt, Body Heat. It's also one of my favorite films.
Ray Milland, The Golden Earings.
- Jessica Rabbit, in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
- Richard Gere in Interal Affairs. He was at his hottest. He played a crooked cop with a huge ego and sexual appetite. There's one scene in which he meets a married couple for the first time in a restaurant to discuss doing security work for them. A minute into the discussion, he starts fingering the wife under the table. Watching her try to control her ecstasy as Gere and her husband make conversation was so hot.
Alain Delon in 'Two Men in Town'
- James Dean - East of Eden
Alain Delon - Plein Soleil (Purple Noon)
Jean Paul Belmondo - That Man From Rio
Richard Gere - American Gigolo
Sophia Loren - Boy on a Dolphin
Elizabeth Taylor & Paul Newman - Cat On A Hot Tin Roof
Warren Beatty - All Fall Down
Claire Bloom - The Chapman Report
Cary Grant & Ingrid Bergman - Notorious
Gina Lollobrigida - The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- Kathleen Turner - Body Heat + William Hurt.
- Jack Nicholson in The Postman Always Rings Twice
- I plan to watch a lot of these. I'm 32 and never been much into classic movies. Figure it's about time I start.
I watched East of Eden last night and James Dean was indeed sexy.
Next on my list is street car.
- Denzel in DEVIL IN A BLUE DRESS
Javier Bardem just, like, crossing the street
Bette Davis in THE VIRGIN QUEEN
So sue me.
Burt Lancaster in THE ROSE TATTOO. Terribly miscast, but nonetheless.
Anna Magnani in THE ROSEVTATTOO, for that matter.
But of course the thread was closed with Brando in STREETCAR.
- Plus Holden & Novak in PICNIC.
And yes yes yes to Grant & Bergman in NOTORIOUS.
OMG and Ryan Gosling in anything. Or nothing! Preferably.
Jane Fonda in KLURE.
And Dennis Dennis Dennis Quaid.
- KLURE = KLUTE, oops
- Imanol Arias in Camila
Linus Roache in Priest
Tony Curtis and James Franciscus in The Outsider
John Gavin in Spartacus
- Jean-Paul Belmondo in Breathless
- [R186} When Ira Hayes would drunkenly sing, "Where Are You?" So very, very sad!
The iconic black singer, Dinah Washington later recorded it on Roulette Records. Don't know if you can get it on YouTube. She does a superior vocal!
- Belmondo, yes! Most beautiful man ever.
Jean-Pierre Leaud was also very beautiful long ago, in a different way.
- Tom Neal, "Detour"
He has an unbilled part in the Eleanor Powell/Robert Young/George Burns & Gracie Allen movie, "Honolulu". It's brief, but oh, the male magnetism!
- [R186] Sorry, Forgot to mention I was referring to "The Outsider".
- Guy Madison in SINCE YOU WENT AWAY.
- I haven't seen the movie you mentioned, R157, but Dewey Martin was sexy---period.
- It's a frontier pic in b/w. Beautiful cinematography and tight direction. Most of all, Dewey Martin in tight leather pants and a very rugged persona!
Every time TCM shows it, I'm there to see it!
- Dewey Martin is still with us at 88. Peggy Lee was married to him for a couple of years during his prime. Hot guy.
How about Charleton Heston and Jennifer Jones in a movie called Ruby Gentry? He had lousy politics IMO, but that fucker was hot in his day.
Christopher Jones in 'Ryan's Daughter'
- Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr in "From Here to Eternity" - wowza, even all these years later.
- My two favorites, Dennis Quaid in "The Big Easy" and Matthew Broderick in "Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle"...yep, I said it..
- I find Hart Bochner always had a sexy sort of edge to him regardless of the movie. Even in Terror Train he had this look like he wanted to devour you. I think it's his eyes. He just smolders onscreen. I've always had a thing for him.
- Nick Nolti in Down and Out In Beverly Hills.
- Michael Parks - Bus Riley's Back in Town.
- Nolte, lummox at R200.
- Andrew garfield-The social network
Ryan philppe-cruel intencions
Ryan gosling-The notebook
- Michael Fassbender in Shame and Fish Tank
- Warren Beatty in "The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone" with Vivian Leigh.
He was at a point of beauty perfection when he did that film.
- You'll laugh at this one, but if you watch the movie your eyes will POP OUT! See Farley Granger in "Hans Christian Andersen" with Danny Kaye. Granger is wearing skin tight pants on the most glorious, hot ass you ever saw! And he is insanely handsome in this film!!! Sexy sexy sexy!