- Better at what?
- Zsa Zsa was more elegant, Eva was more fun.
- Eva, dahling
- Patti LuPone or Madonna?
- Eva is class!
- Eva was the nicer one.
- Eva = the wigs, the theme song, "Gigi," Merv.
No contest, really.
Zsa Zsa doesn't have a leg to stand on.
- Eva did the voice of Miss Bianca in THE RESCUERS. She wins for that fact alone!
- Eva was much more classier than her sister Zsa Zsa. Also, she was very nice and gracious. Eva didn't like the way her sister Zsa Zsa handled her deportment. However, Eva would not talk about there rift when interviewed. Once when Eva was being interview, she was asked why she didn't get along with her sister. Eva stood up and said, I don't talk about our issues in public becuase that is between the two of us. then she got up and walked away.
BTW, when Eva died, Zsa Zsa took her sisters clothes and wore them!!! EWWWW!! She was thrilled to get her sister Eva's clothes!
- Eva was the shoosting star of the family.
- Eva made the best hotscakes.
- Zsa Zsa fucked Rubirosa.
- Definitely Eva.
- Gabor wrote about Garbo in her Biography:
Although I did find Greta Garbo very attractive. I first met Garbo at Brian Aherne's house in Santa Monica when George Sanders and I went to a party there.
The other quests, Sylvia Ashley Gable (Clark Gable's wife), David and Hjordis Niven, and Clifton Webb, had already arrived when Garbo breezed into the room. She (Garbo) was alone and I almost fainted.
George Sanders, being George, made things worse by informing Greta, "My wife (Zsa Zsa) has a wild crush on you." I blushed scarlet. Dispassionately, Garbo responded, "She's a very beautiful girl, your wife."
At the end of the evening, George escorted Garbo to her car. When he came back into the house, he (rather maliciously) whispered to me, "Zsa Zsa–you don't have to be so in love with her (Garbo) anymore . I kissed her (Garbo) and she (Garbo) smelled of cheap soap."
The next time I met Garbo I was alone at a party at Brian's house on 62nd Street in New York.
At the time, Rex Harrison was appearing on Broadway in My Fair Lady and he was quest of honour. Garbo spent most of the evening standing behind the bar flirting with me. Rex was all over Garbo and Garbo was all over me. I nearly melted.
Then Rex had to leave and Garbo said, "Let's bring Rex's coat." The coat was beige and the pockets were so full of vitamins that we could hardly carry it. We took it to him, Rex left, and Greta asked me if she could drive me home. I said yes, but I was afraid of her (Garbo).
We got to my hotel (I was living in the Savoy Plaza) and for a moment I felt like inviting Greta in. Then she (Garbo) said, "Darling, would you like to come to my apartment?" I was paralyzed.
Then she (Garbo) kissed me straight on the mouth. And I couldn't help kissing her back because she (Garbo) was so overwhelmingly strong and so beautiful. I've never had lesbian tendencies–but if I had ever had them, the woman of my life would definitely have been GRETA GARBO.
Slimmer figure, infinitely more charming.
- Eva was classier but Zsa Zsa is so over-the-top fame-hungry/bitchy/nasty she makes her sister look sorta boring.
- This is like Sophie's Choice.
- But Garbo as it seemed preferred Zsa Zsa!
- After the Zsa Zsa cop-slappimg affair, Nick At Night ran ads for Green Acres that said "Remember, this is Eva, not Zsa Zsa. Eva will not harm you."
- More like Jolie's choice...
- I liked the way Zsa Zsa slapped that cop around but I also liked Eva in Green Acres--THIS IS SO HARD!
- Take them both in your heart and stop wondering!
In the final analysis, comparisons end up being tricky and unfair.
- Zsa Zsa has CLASS
- Eva of course. Weren't she and Merv Griffin an item although I always thought Merv was gay?
She was funny, haha!
- Eva was much better looking (Zsa Zsa has weird features) and was great in "Green Acres." Add that to her heroic bearding for Merv,and we have a winner!
- Eva was more feminine and she didn't ''act'' her femininity. Zsa Zsa was beautiful too but she had something fake and plastic in her attitude.
- Eva. No question about it!
- They were both fuckable. A man could get hard very easily with those capricious blondies.
- Eva being in Green Acres, and being more beautiful than the chubbier Zsa Zsa, gives her the edge. Zsa Zsa was the bigger movie star but all of her movies sucked. Eva's Green Acres is the only thing of relative quality that either of the sisters were associated with.
- Well, as i found out from their biographies in IMBD, they were both polygamous! It ran in the family as it seems!
- Not true R33-Eva was in "Gigi".
- And Zsa Zsa was in "Moulin Rouge" (the 1952 John Huston film).
- Moulin Rouge is the only film witn Zsa Zsa that i kept in mind.
- They once acted together onstage as (believe it or not) the two murdering sisters in "Arsenic and Old Lace". Would have loved to have seen those rewrites!
Still, Eva was the better actress (and not just from "Green Acres").
- LOL R20... W&W from me!
- An awkward moment between Zsa Zsa and Eva.
Omg, what nymphos they were!
- R40 Wow. Someone turned the makeup gun all the way past "Whore" that day.
- r41 does not comprehend the nature of stage makeup.
- Eva was more refined than Zsa Zsa. I liked Eva the best.
- That's like Kourtney or Kim.
- Another vote for Eva. She was really pretty terrific in Green Acres.
- Zsa Zsa.
- Noel Coward loved working with Eva. Said she was a fine comedic actress with impeccable timing.
- Magda: Thank you R49, darling!
- Definitely Eva. She was a riot in her negligees feeding the livestock on GA. Saw her in a dinner theatre production of BLITHE SPIRIT in the 80s and she was great fun.
- Love is a game that two can play and both win. ~Eva Gabor
- Zsa Zsa can be a pain but she is also a sweetie pie.
- Clearly George Sanders knew how Magda and Zsa Zsa stacked up; he was married to both of them. Perhaps he just had a thing for Jolie.
- I hope Zsa Zsa will be okay. She must live!
- Zsa Zsaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
- Why all the sisters Gabor were polygamous?
Zsa Zsa, Eva, Magda, they all have been married many times. Pure coincidence?
- Zsa Zsa enjoyed Rubirosa's legendary huge cock during their lengthy affair.
Eva bearded for Merv Griffin . . . nuff said.
- R59 hehe cool!
- Zsa Zsa or Evil??? Hmmm I pick Evil
- I hate dat queen!
- Zsa Zsa and Eva!
- During the 60s and 70s heydey of The Mike Douglas Show, Merv, The Tonight Show, those two came prepared to entertain. They were lively, interesting storytellers.
The Gabors were truly your all-purpose celebrities.
Sisters Gabor rock!
- Eva had great comic timing.
Why Eva was unfortunate with men?
Why she didn't manage to keep one with her until the very end?
- Eva was more natural and beautiful. Zsa Zsa had a bad nose job IMHO.
- Yes, but at least someone managed to tame Zsa Zsa at the end. She is still with her latest husband. That's a plus for wild Zsa Zsa.
- Dahling, I love you, but gif me Eva
- Zsa Zsa, of course. After her stint in the cop slapping trial, she met some girls in jail whom she "hired" to work at her mansion. They sold their stories to the Enquirer and claimed that she made them work 18 hour shifts and paid them slave wages. Their big perk was getting clothes from the '40s from her and when they got them, they were to kneel and say "thank you, Princess Zsa Zsa."
Zsa Zsa and Eva were really close to each other or they were competitive with each other and had many fights?
- Zsa Zsa duh.
- Zsa Zsa was sexy...Eva was sexy too.
They were rivals?
- They were almost like sisters.
R75 lol...you are witty.
Zsa Zsa has balls. She outlived her sisters and that's not just a coincidence. She had bigger greed and passion to live and she is still alive!
- If you gave me 100 votes, I'd vote Eva each time.
Hehe, ok Arnold.
Here is a photo of your favourite Eva from your favourite Green Acres.
Eva was sexy and funny indeed. No question about it.
Eva was great but Zsa Zsa is such a sweetheart.
Look at her, even now she is like a big kid and her husband seems very tender and patient with her. How lovely!
- I remember when Zsa Zsa had all the handicapped patrons at her show moved to the back rows because they were too depressing to look at.
Oh God...how terrible if that is real! Are you sure that it's true?
R81 ok if that is real it's sad but that doesn't mean that Zsa Zsa was necessarily bad. She was just...frivolous and a bit crazy.
Eva was more considerate with people? You happen to know?
- R81...i send something for you.
Whenever you feel annoyed or puzzled look at it and smile a bit if you feel like it
- Zsa Zsa Gabor Contract Canceled After Incident
Published: June 4, 1983
PHILADELPHIA, June 3— Zsa Zsa Gabor's contract to perform at a dinner was terminated Thursday night after a group of handicapped people said that Tuesday night she had asked that they be moved out of front-row seats. Miss Gabor, reached earlier Thursday at her hotel in nearby Downington, denied she had ordered the move.
John Kinneman, producer of the show ''Forty Carats,'' in which Miss Gabor had been appearing at the City Line Dinner Theater, announced the cancellation at a news conference.
His announcement was applauded by about a hundred people, some blind and some in wheelchairs, who had demonstrated outside the theater Thursday night.
Thirteen handicapped people, residents of the Woods School in suburban Langhorne, left the show during the intermission Tuesday night, after they said they had been asked to move to seats farther from the stage. Each had paid $20.05 to attend the performance.
- I remember when Zsa Zsa and Britt Eklund had to be separated after a confrontation backstage at 'Circus of the Stars'. It lead to years of back and forth lawsuits.
- Sorry, it was Elke Sommer.
- Hmm...very interesting R85,85 and 87, ty for replying.
- "I never hated a man enough to give him back his diamonds."
In that case let's give one more vote to Eva!
I prefer more gentle at matters of the heart people, always.
Reckless Zsa Zsa, spoiled kid!
- Loooool R89! God Zsa Zsa!
- "I don't remember anybody's name. How do you think the "dahling" thing got started?"
"A man in love is incomplete until he is married. Then he is finished."
"I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house."
"You just cannot drive a Rolls-Royce in Beverly Hills anymore because they have it in for you."
"When you are married to an actor, you feel you are nothing but an understudy to him. He only has eyes for himself. It is really the one situation I know of where, with just two people you have a triangle."
- Remember when Zsa Zsa was on the Facts of Life and called Natalie a whore.
It seems that Zsa Zsa have been very vocal! Lol.
- i have an urge to keep this thread alive, dunno why...:)
- WTF kinds of name is Zsa Zsa? If she was black all you queens gushing about this bitch would be slamming her "ghetto" name. Fucking racist hypocrites!
- R97 be a good boy/girl next time sugar, i beg you, stop spitting! Lol.
- Ok i give one more vote to both of them, although from the previous comments i'm convinced that Eva was more cool and elegant than wild and pampered Zsa Zsa!
- Zsa Zsa.
- Zsa Zsa is the nickname for her real name, Sari.
Eva Gabor, of course!
- "I was the first actress in the family, and I am still the only actress in the family. I shouldn't be saying it, but it slipped out!"
- Eva will not harm you
- Eva. I'm glad though that Zsa Zsa is still alive.
- Zsa Zsa with Hitchcock
- I want this book! I'm fascinated by all things Gabor. Perhaps I'll throw on a caftan, ear rings and a wig from the Eva Gabor wig collection and sit around enjoying it one day.
- Lol R107. That would be so kewl!
- R107 I thought you were dead, Merv.
- Zsa Zsa was so much fun on my talk show as the dishiest guest ever.
But Eva was my girlfriend so I'm a little biased.
Merv Griffin, I'm also a little gay.
- Zsa Zsa could never have provided the gravitas and sensitivity that Eva invested in her Lisa Douglas.
- Zsa Zsa by Alfred Eisenstadt, 1950s
- Gossip columnist Rona Barrett, Zsa Zsa Gabor & Eva Gabor, 1970s
- RARE Original 1941 EVA GABOR Leggy Bikini FILM DEBUT Cheesecake Portrait
- EVA & ZSA ZSA GABOR IN DIAMONDS AT A HOLLYWOOD PARTY B&W PHOTO!
- Eva Gabor making things more intense in 'Green Acres'...
- Those sisters Gabor!!!
- Zsa Zsa Gabor Kissing Sister Eva, Original Candid 1950s Photo
- I seem to remember Zsa Zsa, obviously in career freefall, doing two things that shocked little kid me:
1) some awful movie with Ferlin Husky, and
2) an AAMCO Transmission commercial where she calls Larry Pernell (ex-"Dash Riprock" on the Beverley Hillbillies) "You handsome AAMCO man."
This commercial was in black-and-white as I recall (or maybe we didn't have a color set yet!).
- Zsa Zsa was bisexual? What about Eva?
- I still love R97. It's so nice that so many representatives of the underclass sustain the appalling stereotypes they insert irrelevantly in threads they neither comprehend nor actually force themselves to read.
Or it's a gifted troll.
- Rotten tomayto, rotten tomahto.
- Proof the good die young, dahlinks. Eva was the only one with a real career. Zsa Zsa was just a fame whore.
- Zsa Zsa at a party...
By the way, the woman who is staring at her is Kate Jurado???
- *Katy Jurado
- Both have their merits. In the first few "Green Acres" episodes, the characters weren't developed, Lisa wasn't scatterbrained. My fave ep was the "Molly Turgis" ep. She was a poltergeist who haunted Hooterville because she was ugly. Oliver (hehe) made a folk-song about her, (Molly Turgis, she was ugly as sin) while Lisa treated her with kindness. When Lisa saw her in the mirror (Hello dere!), she told Molly women today don't have to be ugly because they have "cosmeticals". Lisa made her up, she was still ugly, just coated in makeup and mascara, but was pleased and ended her poltergeist activities. Zsa Zsa was great in "The Queen of outer space", stumbling through her dialog in a split-length red dress. (I hate dat Qveen!)
- How's Zsa Zsa?
Zsa Zsa, are you ok?
- Yes R26, Zsa Zsa of course. She had class. All of it low.