- Hey everybody! What do you think about this poll result?
Poll: Majority Of Blacks Support Gay Marriage After Obama's Endorsement
The Huffington Post | By Gene Demby
Posted: 05/23/2012 4:22 pm Updated: 05/23/2012 4:58 pm
The expected backlash among blacks to President Obama’s endorsement of same-sex marriage has yet to materialize. And a new Washington Post-ABC survey suggests that black opinion is very quickly moving the other way, with a majority of African Americans now saying they support same-sex marriage.
Fifty-nine percent of blacks now say they support same-sex marriage, an 18-point jump since the president's announcement of his own support two weeks ago. Fifty-three percent of Americans now believe that same-sex marriage should be legalized, which also marks a substantial spike since 2006, when just 39 percent of those polled thought it should be legalized
- No plans. I'm broke, like so many other African-Americans.
- Here's a brief clip of Queen Latifah at Long Beach pride just recently. It's on the NoMoreDownLowTV channel. I'll copy that info on this thread a bit later in case others didn't see it the first time.
QUEEN LATIFAH LONG BEACH PRIDE
I had not seen that. It's great seeing people come around, but it's clear it tied to Obama. It makes me hopeful for the future.
- Well, of course it's tied to Obama. But I have to wonder how legitimate your opposition to something is if your opinion can change so quickly when someone you respect and admire takes that position. It makes me think that there were a lot of black people who needed a well respected person in the black community to support gay marriage in order for them to confidently support it themselves.
It seems like fear and peer-pressure motivated black opposition to gay marriage, but now that Obama supports it they feel like they can too, given that few in the black community will speak out against Obama. I also think that majority of black people just don't think about gay issues, but Obama's support put that conversation on the table and allowed many to realize that they needed to rethink their position. It's very interesting.
- I also think it's no surprise that Raven Symone and Queen La are being more bold. I think Obama plays apart in this too.
- That could be true. I'd love to see more black LGBT people in the media.
- bump. Hello!
- Trying to talk since into the black church about their homophobic ways.
- r10: why would you want to cause yourself all that stress?
- How do you guys feel about the lack of support from the black church? the homophobia of blacks?
- There will always be black folks that are stuck in their ways about the whole gay marriage thing.
- Interesting article. I'm familiar with all of this but I'm sure there are some folks who aren't.
NAACP's Long History on LGBT Equality
- I haven't heard anything about Keith Boykin lately so I did a Google search and found out that he is working on a new book titled, "For Colored Boys." You can pre-order it right now on Amazon. You can also find more information about it on this website. Spread the word!
- R12, are you black?
Does anyone think the black church is any more homophobic than any other religion? I was raised in the black church, and honesty think half the guys there were gay. Back then, the topic never came up.
I really think the whole "blacks hate gays" is something played up by the media.
- [quote]I was raised in the black church, and honesty think half the guys there were gay. Back then, the topic never came up.
I wouldn't say half of the guys were gay in the church I grew up in, but there was definitely a high concentration of gay men and lesbians there. I too think that the media (and people on this board) who never really experienced black churches have a somewhat false perception of how they view gay people. Most black churches dont believe in closing their doors to anyone. One because its not Christ-like, and two because they need membership to pay bills.
I think thug culture is the cause of most homophobia, and a lot of other problems in the black community. Black gays usually go to the church to get away from it.
- I'm not very religious now, but I attended church quite often as a kid/teen and not once was homosexuality mentioned. The church members attended church to be uplifted. They came to hear sermons that touched on their lives and their struggles. The churches I attended were filled with gay men. They were in the choir, fashion show, praise dance groups, ushers....
The black church wouldn't be what it is without black gay folks. The media and members of the gay community perpetuate the idea that black people sit in church bashing gay people every Sunday. The media promotes division because it boosts their ratings. In 2008 the media started this big thing about Latinos not voting for black political candidates while completely ignoring solid evidence that Latinos had backed black candidates many times before 2008. This is just what the media does. If black people were as homophobic as they were accused of being then 60% of blacks would not be in favor of gay marriage right now.
As I mentioned before, gay issues are not something that the average black person thinks about, but when Obama addressed the issue he put the conversation on the table and this allowed a significant percentage of the black community to rethink their position on this issue. Many in the gay community were too busy calling black people homophobic to try to build an alliance with them, which clearly could have happened had people let go of their own prejudices.
- Did you guys know that Tami "Silverback" Roman deleted her Twitter recently?
- Tami needs to just delete herself.
- Will Smith vacationing in Monaco with his (STILL) sexy boyfriend Duane Martin.
- I know. Or somebody else needs to delete her. I just want her to know exactly what he feels like to be bullied.
- r21 Oh my damn. You would think Will would leave Duane in the cut for a while until the rumors die down! And where is Tisha??
Lisa Raye said Duane is a nosy back-stabbing bitch who betrayed her. Duane is turning out to be quite the troublemaker!
- Damn, I love Lisa Raye! Now I'm so curious about what Duane did to her. Did he sleep with her man too? I have to find that interview!
- Hey, r15 I'm actually a contributing author to that book! We're all very excited about it. The pieces are truly amazing, trust me.
Thanks for the support! I truly do hope that some of you will order it and tell your friends!
- Everyone in this threads needs to WW R18.
More people on this board need to see this comment.
I think she and Duane were friends, and when she was going through her split with her husband, Duane remained friends with the guy.
Basically she felt that he should have cut ties. In another interview, she seemed to imply that "friends" knew her man was doing her wrong, but never told her.
- Awesome, R26! I have already pre-ordered my copy and I sent the information about the book to all of the gay men of color that I know. A book like this is most definitely needed. Thank you for helping to make it happen. We should all read it and discuss it here. That would be great!
- Oh I see, R28. That's a tough spot to be in since Duane was friends with both of them. Lisa Raye seems pretty upset about it so she probably considered him to be a very close friend and believed that he would take her side over her ex husband's. But I have to wonder, where does Tisha fit in this whole thing?
- Speaking of Lisa Rayes, anybody watched the season premiere of Single Ladies? There are a lot of attractive dudes on that show and none of them look straight
- Lots of love to R18.
- Hi GBM. I see you are posting again. Were you banned?
- Not gonna watch without Stacey.
- Chris Brown and his girlfriend are rumored to be addicted to ecstasy, which could be why he has been looking like a walking skeleton lately.
TI and Tiny got in that huge ecstasy bust that sent him back to jail. A lot of artists are addicted to it, but apparently Chris is going off the deep end.
- I want Will Smith and Duane Martin both inside of me at the same time.
- Chris Brown is a loser.
- Oh no, r33 I was never banned or anything. I was just getting stalkers and they were creepy to the point where I couldn't post something completely innocuous about a horror movie or something without being bashed for whatever I'd said however long ago. It was bizarre.
I've still been lurking around posting anonymously, I just got really excited when someone mentioned the book and wanted to share my involvement.
- Are black people seriously eating other humans now??
I blame Lil Wayne
- I did see a picture of Chris Brown looking death. Whateva! What ever happened to Raz B anyway?
- Miss Razz B got a book out girl!
"Raz B, the dude with gay issues, is back with a vengeance.
In a new book, among others, he’s calling out Bow Wow, Chris Brown and Ray J as being gay, according to a PRLog press release
“This Boy’s Life”, a tell-all book by the former B2k member is on course to rock the music world. Set to be released through a small publisher Corona Sky Productions.
Raz, born DeMario Thornton, plans to “expose” many of his peers’ personal life. Today, excerpts of the book leaked online.
In chapter 4 Thornton spoke about his time in B2k:
“There were no girls; there were no breaks, and absolutely NO meat. Our diet was so strict that I remember passing out during rehearsals because of our heavily restricted diet.” Thornton goes on to say, “More important than the food was girls. Girls were not allowed to even have our number. Chris(Stokes) would say that girls were a distraction, but in reality, it was just for his own sexual desires.”
Raz B has accused former manager and first cousin Chris Stokes of molesting him and many others affiliated with his management firm. Thornton goes heavily into the molestation:
“Chris was gay- he tried his best to hide his sexual appetite from his family, but we knew. Chris would make us (members of B2k) go into rooms and have oral and sometimes anal sex. He often time would take pictures of us engaging in sex acts. To this day, I think he still has those images.”
“Me and Boog (Jarell Houston, known as J. Boog) resisted the most. Fizz and Omari (Omarion) however seemed a lot easier to take advantage of. I suspect it was because Fizz was so much younger and Omari was just gay.”
Raz also spoke on his peers stating:
“Ray J was cool at first. I was under the impression that he wanted to help me. But just like with Whitney (Houston) he was just looking for someone to use. Ray J said that he was mad about how Chris did us and other artist, but Ray J just wanted airtime.” He went on to say, “Ray J made a diss song about Chris being gay, but that’s the kettle calling the pot black.”
Hip hop artist Bow Wow also was on Raz’s radar:
“Bow Wow was younger than all of us, but the record company figured his affiliation with us (B2k) would be great. I didn’t see it for myself but I was told by Fizz that Bow Wow and he got involved with each other. I didn’t put a lot of stock in it then. It would be a few years until I realize that Fizz wasn’t lying. In 2005 Bow Wow and Omari became ‘inseparable.’ It wasn’t until rumors forced Bow Wow to end the relationships. The gay talk was hurting Bow Wow’s business.”
Perhaps the most interesting leak was about R&B singer Chris Brown. In 2011, Chris Brown and Raz were embroiled in a nasty feud via twitter. Chris Brown accused Raz of being gay and Raz responded by outing him.
“They say you never know who knows who. Chris Brown didn’t think about that when he attacked me online. I have a friend that’s very close to Chris’ camp who told me that Chris was involved with an up and coming songwriter Andre Merritt. So when Chris started going in calling people ‘gay’ and ‘fags’ I just dropped Andre Merritt’s name. I knew it was true when he decided to shut up.”
Raz is currently touring in China but is expected to return Stateside in August. He plans to begin promoting his book at The Wendy Williams show, according to the press release."
- Who is handling this child? Seriously he's going about this whole thing the wrong way. He could be mainstream but he's hoping that ghetto blogs and Wendy Williams is gonna help sell this book? GTFO.
BTW I met Raz when I was cohosting an event in ATL a few years back. He was completely bizarre and those looks are LONG gone. It was kind of sad. He used to be my absolute favorite in B2K. He was just so beautiful (and only a few years younger than me btw, lol) All the queens (yes, it was a gay event) were treating this dude like he was Michael Jackson or something.
- Raz B seems so lost. I believe the stuff about Chris Stokes, and I think he would seem less crazy if he focused on that. It's like every person he came in contact is gay or a pedophile. He needs to seek therapy, not go on a book tour.
- So if Chris Brown is gay does that mean Rhianna is too?
Ever hear any rumors about Jay Z being gay and HIV+?
- If the Chris Stokes stuff is true, and I honestly believe that it is, Raz-B needs to take some time, get some therapy, and go about all this the right way.
Lost is the correct word to use for this one. That kind of abuse can destroy you if you let it.
Trust me, I know.
- [quote]He was completely bizarre and those looks are LONG gone. It was kind of sad. He used to be my absolute favorite in B2K. He was just so beautiful (and only a few years younger than me btw, lol) All the queens (yes, it was a gay event) were treating this dude like he was Michael Jackson or something.
lol GMB those queens were treating him like royalty because they have seen pics of that giant hammer! Raz-B is the fantasy a lot of gay men have of a masculine, attractive and well hung guy struggling with his sexuality.
And he is struggling with it. We all know that guys who start pointing the finger like he is are the ones who are in denial about their own feelings.
I believe a lot, if not most of what he is saying. I remember watching 106 & Park as a teen when the three leftover members sat up there and said they felt like they were raped. You could tell they were not lying. They sacrificed whatever music careers they had by putting this stuff out in the open when they were making hits. RazB still wants something, a kind of vindication for doing that. Poor Razberry, I would console him by sucking on those big lips of his, but that is besides the point!
- I don't even know where to begin. I want to believe him, if this is all fabricated I would think the stories would be a bit more exaggerated. But he comes off like a person who is mentally unstable. Then again, a mentally unstable person can still tell the truth.
- [quote]I don't even know where to begin.
This is what I said when I heard about this. All the downlow, backstabbing and creepy details involved in this. I need a chart to keep up with all the people he is accusing.
But I believe him. The other two members of B2K alluded to this stuff being true. They just dont want to talk about it anymore. They probably think people will think they are gay, and they dont want to be associated with Raz B.
Raz B definelty has some mental issues going on, he's seems bipolar. His brother Ricky Romance got in a fight with The Dream at a Wendy Williams party a few years ago. He has a lot of screws loose too, it runs in his family. He sounds like he was sexually abused a child, he comes from a broken household.
- Well I cant wait to see his ass on Wendy if he's even really going on there. And Wendy better not act all brand new like she has been doing either. She was right in the midst of this mess a couple of years ago.
- Raz B claims that he is not gay, right? It's not very clear. There was some girl all over Youtube claiming that Bow Wow likes to shove egg shaped vibrators up his ass. She's like a celebrity fucker, kind of like Superhead, except that she spilled the beans before writing a book and making some money. So I know Raz is off but I kinda believe him. But it seems like he has no one who cares enough about him to encourage him to get some help.
- Martin Lawrence is suicidal
- Todd Bridges was on television last month talking about the abuse of children in the entertainment industry and openly admitted that he had been abused. He talked about how he had been struggling with his sexuality all these years believing he was gay because of it but has come to understand that the molestation does not mean that he is gay.
Guys who are in prison and are raped or submit for survival grow to enjoy aspects of gay sex. Some are probably gay and some might just enjoy anal stimulation no matter who is delivering it. Because of the prison culture that is a part of AA community this needs to be sorted out so that these Black men can understand their sexuality and truly understand if they are gay and want to be with a man or if they enjoy some of the sexual
activity labeled as gay that they could also experience with a willing female.
- When will DANCE come back?
- Jason Momoa tea please !
- Tami on Wendy this week.
Wendy showed a pic of her long term boyfriend at 5:50, not much reaction out of the audience LOL
- What do yall think of Erykah Badu's new video? Poom poom on display!
- Oh Lord, Roger has responded to the Raz-B accusations on a radio show:
[quote]Marques Houston told radio duo, “It was a big joke to me. If you think about the time frames [of] when this guy starts up its always around my album coming out, my album release and now my movie release is coming out so he is talking more. He is lying but its all lies! It’s all BS. He is an attention whore. He wants that attention because B2K was huge and everybody knows how big B2K was and when something like that is stripped from you, and you can’t get any fame you go to the extreme measures and the dude is psycho.”
The article synopsis makes a good point though. People usually do not take molestation charges lightly.
- Raz-B has also "released" pictures of what he says is Chris Brown and his ex-lover Andre Merritt having sex.
I have seen these pics in many dark corners of the internet for a long time, so he really is just regurgitating them. That does look it could be Andre in the pics. But I dont believe that is Chris Brown. The pics would have to be very old if he was tattoo-less. And if they were that old Chris would not be that muscular.
Raz-B is doing too much. A good stunt queen knows not to go overboard.
- Todd Bridges Splits From Wife Of 14 Years.
- OMG r59
- Lipstick Alley has a thread that discusses Rihanna's sexuality. Some people over there claim she has a gf, P.Diddy's Vice President. Lots of pics and tea over there.
- Did you guys see Iyanla's show on OWN?
- Donald Trump - He's the gift that keeps on giving. His newest statement from the NY Daily News:
"Donald Trump says picking Arsenio Hall as winner on 'Celebrity Apprentice' proves he's no racist
The billionaire blowhard offered that zany explanation after critics blasted his new birther rants as race-baiting
Donald Trump's bizarre racism defense: I’m not a bigot, my show’s latest winner is black.
The billionaire blowhard offered that zany explanation after critics blasted his new birther rants as race-baiting.
In an address at the North Carolina State Republican Convention, Trump said the outcome of this season’s “Celebrity Apprentice” shows he’s no racist.
“Somebody said, ‘Oh, because I brought up the birth certificate, I’m a racist,’ ” Trump said Friday.
“I said, ‘How can I be a racist? I just picked Arsenio Hall.’ ”
Questions over President Obama’s birthplace appeared to be put to rest last year after he released his long-form birth certificate, which showed he was born in Hawaii.
But Trump has seized on last month’s release by Breitbart.com of an Obama biography compiled nearly two decades ago as evidence of a conspiracy to conceal the President’s origins.
The biography identified Obama’s birthplace as Kenya — an assertion the agent who edited it later told Yahoo News was an error.
- That queen on Welcome to Sweetie Pies has a girlfriend! Charles is the biggest queen ever.
- That idiot Charles flunked 2 grades in high school. He is so trifling.
- Charles has a girlfriend?? **face-palm**
He can barely get through an episode without fluttering his eyelashes. He is cute though, how old is he? Id definitely smash him out so he wouldn't think about having anymore fake girlfriends with his messy ass.
- Charles is 23. He graduated high school at 20. Why would anyone want him? His girlfriend's name is Latina. Tim kept laughing about Charles dating a girl. I expected him to out Charles.
- I thought the same thing watching SWEETIES last night. Charles is straight? Puh-leeze!
- Charles is the queen of all queens. That girlfriend mess is not believable.I can't take his girlfriend's name. Dead.
- Opponents of same-sex marriage will not succeed in driving a “wedge” between African-Americans and gay-lesbian community, Newark, N.J. Mayor Cory Booker, one of America’s most prominent young back politicians, said in Seattle on Friday night.
“I know that deep in the core of the black community is a call for justice . . . I think the trend is more and more toward equality,”Booker said in an interview.
Discriminatory laws have “pushed a large section of the population to second class citizenship” just as occurred with blacks in years past, Booker said. He estimated that more than 1,000 laws in America are interpreted in different ways for gays and lesbians.
As a “straight, male African-American,” said Booker, he looks on the issue through the prism of history.
“Number one, as an American, this is an issue of justice and equality,” he said. “African Americans have a legacy of being denied equality. We are obligated in that we remember the justice denied to our community. You cannot have justice denied for any Americans.”
Booker was given marks for being bold when he delivered an early, emphatic endorsement of marriage equality. He has defined same-sex marriage as a civil rights issue, using that as grounds to oppose Republican Gov. Chris Christie’s call for a statewide vote.
African-American voters in California, four years ago, broke in favor of Prop. 8, a measure that rolled back same-sex marriage in the nation’s largest state. Prop. 8 carried narrowly while President Obama was sweeping California.
In a memo exposed during a Maine lawsuit, the National Organization for Marriage — which leads opposition to marriage equality — spoke of same-sex marriage as a “wedge” issue for dividing blacks and gays. The two groups are core constituencies of the Democratic Party.
The memo also spoke of using the issue for “sideswiping Obama.”
It may have underestimated the persuasive powers of the first President who is African-American.
Very recent polling has shown a major shift in favor of marriage equality since Obama’s “evolving” stopped with his May 9 declaration of support for same-sex marriage. The President reiterated that call on Friday as he proclaimed June as LGBT Pride Month.
- [quote]can't take his girlfriend's name. Dead.
lol. Oprah needs to call Aunt Bunny in for a cameo on Charles' behalf
- [quote]As a “straight, male African-American,” said Booker, he looks on the issue through the prism of history.
Oh Lord, looks like Aunt Bunny is going to have to do an intervention with Cory Booker too.
- Post any tea on Patrice Rushen?
- I thought Cory Booker was, maybe not confirmed, but an affirmed bachelor...
- I believe Raz B.
- Me too r76 (with the exception of this Chris Brown thing). I wish he was more mentally stable so more people would believe him
- I am so over Rihanna, she has way too many 'yes' people
- Former NFL player Wade Davis comes out and discusses being gay in the NFL.
- I didnt know Tyra Banks was dating Rob Evans, who is 14 years younger that she is
- Hahaha, the bastard got arrested for assaulting his daughter!
- I am so envious that Tyra snagged the fine Rob Evans!
Did you guys know that Yvette Wilson, Andell from The Parkers and Moesha, has stage 4 cancer, kidney failure, and is struggling to pay her medical bills? Very sad.
- ok will someone post a thread on this video, pls?
- r63 I like Iyanla's show. I know a lot of people on DL dont like her, but she is like the realest person on television. I had no idea Iyanla was an attorney!
- Did people see 'Streetcar Named Desire?'
I heard 'Stick Fly' was garbage, and I'm not too surprised.
Go Audra McDonald!
- [quote]she is like the realest person on television
Like, but isn't.
- r86, you have a problem with Iyanla?
- Do think all the flack Cory Booker is getting is justified??
- Anybody watching Part 2 of BBWives Reunion tonight? I cannot believe how Tami sat there and tried to educate Jennifer on bullying, while still not admitting she was WRONG for blowing the Kesha argument WAY out of proportion.
- Tes, R88.
- That should be Yes. lol
- [quote]That should be Yes. lol
Crab in the barrel...
- Crab in a barrel would a more accurate description of, Booker. If your assignment is to be a surrogate, do your job.
- Sorry but if you deliberately try to sabotage President Obama's reelection campaign for your own gain, not only are you a crab but you deserve all of the backlash that comes your way. Cory Booker is a grown ass man and he knew exactly what he was doing. He better hope Obama does not lose.
- Is it true that actor/model Rudy Houston, who was in videos in the 80s for Janet Jackson and Pebbles, got a sex change, and is now living with a woman? What's he look like now?? I read this on Myra Panache's site, but she's known not to always tell the truth...
- I tend to agree. Cory Booker is way too polished and way too opportunistic for that to be a simple gaffe.
Why do I watch "My Momma Can Throw Down?" Why do I do that to myself.
Yay Audra McDonald!
- It's really sad to see that Cory would resort to that crap.
- "Anybody watching Part 2 of BBWives Reunion tonight? I cannot believe how Tami sat there and tried to educate Jennifer on bullying, while still not admitting she was WRONG for blowing the Kesha argument WAY out of proportion."
HULU has episodes from the first few seasons of the REAL WORLD, and last week, I watched the last episode of the season Tami was on. Amazing to watch because it's SO dated (shot in 1993), but Jon, the country singer in the cast eerily made predictions on what would happen to the other people in the house in later years. He said, and I quote:
"I can picture Tami doing...she'll have her own show with other girls; running around having attitude"
- Cathy Hughes from News One.
- Have you guys been following the CeCe McDonald story.
- He may be a bit fucked up (I wonder if Arsenio deflowered him) but he is one of the best. He needs to come back and show these posers (Trey, Chris and RayJ) what REAL singing is about.
- Star Jones Drops the Ball on Basketball Wives.
- r102 Tevin is definitely overlooked as an R&B legend. The music industry is so unforgiving, people have a #1 today and then they just fall off the radar
- Does anybody have tea on BJ Coleman, the publicist? He pops up everywhere but I havent heard any stories about him.
- I really want to like Single Ladies but the acting is so fucking awful. Especially Lisa Raye McCoy. It's not exactly that she can't act, it's just something about her style of acting that drives me crazy. She is so mannered.
She is also way too old for the damn part.
- Agreed r106.
- It also always sounds like McCoy is reading her lines off a teleprompter. She is horrible.
- Meet The Ladies Of New Reality Show “Hollywood Exes”
- Yeah, Lisa Raye is not a good actress. And it's hard to watch that show because of it.
Wow! This is the first time I've heard of Cece McDonald. Our justice system is blatantly discriminatory ( particular the war on drugs primarily targeting black people) and people act like nothing is wrong. I guess it's safe to say that we aren't allowed to defend ourselves. And a men's prison? Outrageous.
- IRS Goes After R. Kelly For Whopping $4.8 Million In Back Taxes!
- Kanye West Los Angeles Home Burglarized!
- Drake is my new hero, he popped Chris Brown in his face!
- So many celebrities owe back taxes. Why is that?
- r114 and a lot of them are black. Anita Baker, Ron Isley, Tichina Arnold, Yolanda Adams the list goes on and on. Some needs to start a tax service targeted to black entertainers.
- I hope Drake got some good licks in on Chris. That boy needs his ass kicked one good time.
- Wow! Another reason to like Drake I guess.
- Aside from the fact that Drake is hot as hell? LOL
- BREAKING: ‘Moesha’ Star Yvette Wilson Loses Her Fight With Cervical Cancer
- Drake & Chris Brown were not fighting ouver Rhianna.
- Im saddened by the passing of Yvette Wilson, loved her on The Parkers
- I didn't even know that she was ill. Very sad.
- More on the Drake/Chris Brown meltdown.
The club was crawling with different B C and D list celebs, groupies, and just regular hoes. The club owner is now in custody for two warrants completely unrelated to the club brawl. How ghetto is that?
NBA player Tony Parker was a bystander in the fight and got glass in his eye. He plans on suing someone. Ouch!
- Can anybody tell me anything about Thyme Lewis? He played Jonah Carver on Days of Our Lives and he is still hot! A hot daddy! I didn't read anything bout wife or kids... can anyone fill me in?
- Oh noes! The NYPD might arrest Drake for reckless endangerment!
- NBA Star To Kids: If Obama Made It Without A Father, You Can Too
- Robin Thicke Puts Break On More Kids With Paula Patton
- [quote]Drake & Chris Brown were not fighting ouver Rhianna.
- The Oprah Kardashian Interview: Five Questions I’d Love for Oprah to Ask
- A nice little gem... that's the song Melanie Fiona sampled for her song right?
We need more music like this instead of that Chris Brown, Rihanna and Drake crap I hear on the radio
- Has anyone watched the first episode of Love & Hip-Hop ATL?
I dont think Ive ever seen such a mess on TV in my life before. Starting with Ms. Joseline Hernandez!
- Bobbi Kristina Snubs Dad Bobby Brown On Wedding Day
- Bobbi Kris has some big shoes to fill following her mom's legendary lines she gave us on reality TV.
- Well, I think it was kind of obvious that Bobby and Bobbi Kris weren't close. I think she saw a lot in that household.
- Club goer in the Chris Brown Drake fight is about to sue all parties involved
[quote]“It was wild enough that some people did not believe they were going to make it out of there,”
- Let’s Get Busy! Arsenio Hall Returns to Late Night Television
- That's too bad.
- Happy Juneteenth, negroes!
- Can someone start a thread on this and find out if it is real?
- Melissa Harris-Perry: ‘Stevie Wonder Is The One Voice That Will Always Stop Me In My Tracks’
- The trailer for Love & Hip Hop Atlanta.
- I had to make a list of my thoughts on Love and Hip Hop Atlanta because there is just so much going on:
1. The whole Mimi/Stevie J/Joseline storyline is too sad to be real
2. Stevie J has a huge dick, which is why Mimi had his children, and why she tolerates him fucking transsexuals on the side
3. Joseline/Jose was not born a woman, no way! Rebecca Glasscock looks more womanly that him
4. Lil Scrappy's baby's mother is very pretty and sweet
5. Id love to have sex with Lil Scrappy, Id let him fuck me as long as he wanted
6. Mama Dee is the best thing to happen to reality TV
7. I nearly fell out of my seat when Keyshia Cole popped up on this hot trainwreck, only to find out it was really a woman named K Michelle, who also thinks screaming is singing
- R143, now that you mention it, Joseline does look a little fem queen not quite realness. Is Mama Dee that big Evilene meets Herman Munster thing?
- Thanks, R139!
R136, initially I thought it was conflict between Drake and Chris only. I just thought that Drake got the best of Chris. But it was much worse than that and many innocent people were hurt. So I think they should sue.
- what a bunch of GHETTO asses
- Chris Brown will eventually violate his probation. Idiot.
- Lil Kim calls Drake a bottom bitch
- Michelle Obama Gets Emotional While Urging Voters To Give President Obama Another Term [VIDEO]
- Ruby Dee And Ossie Davis Highlighted In 'Life's Essentials With Ruby Dee'
- Theater Talks: Amanda Seales with Elon James White
- Evelyn from BBW is talking about tossing salads and girls eating her box my oh my.
Evelyn On if she cares if Chad cheats
I care. I’m not going to say that I don’t care, but I’m not going to stress myself to a point that I’m trying to do everything to stop him. Listen, if you want to go and f-ck then whatever, like I’m 36. I’m not trying to stress about that sh-t. It is what it is and I truly feel like a man is going to do what he wants to do no matter what you do.
On whether she and Chad do anal
On whether she swallows and tosses salads
Yes for both but wait let me make something clear; I have eaten a– but not Chad’s a–. His not into that [laugh]
On whether she and Chad has ever had a threesome
Almost. It didn’t quite happen
On whether the other girl ate her box
On her favorite position
I like being on top. I’m a rider.
On her freak number from 1 to 10
- Evelyn is so nasty. Yuck!!!
- Frenchie from American Idol comes out.
- I'm confused. Why was Evelyn mad that some other girl said something about her sex life if she's so open about it? Did she just need something to be mad about that episode? I wonder how her adult daughter feels about interviews like this? Evelyn should tie two bowling balls to her ankles and jump in a lake.
- [quote]I have eaten a– but not Chad’s a–. His not into that [laugh]
- Evelyn Lozada: I Always Knew I’d Get Married
- I want
- Imagine a thread with the title "White Dataloungers". Damn racist OP
I agree with everything you said. I did not want to like this show, but they have sucked me in after one episode.
Also, who knew Lil Scrappy was so sexy? I'm usually more attracted to the metro sexual, clean cut type, but something about him is intriguing.
In other news.... Singles Ladies really sucks this season. They need to do whatever they can to get Stacey Dash back. It's not the same without her.
- D’Angelo Announced As 2012 BET Awards Performer
- Nicki Minaj Sex Tape Hits The Net
- Lil Scrappy is a very handsome guy under all that thug regalia. And he is built like a fuck machine! Ive had a crush on him since Money in the Bank. Despite being a country bumpkin thug, he still has a boyish quality about him that makes him not so threatening like other rappers.
- Any more news?
- YUCK r163... too many tattoos
- Chris Brown's father wants him to stay away from Rihanna
- I, for one, can't wait for D'Angelo to return. Problems aside, he was and is a Prince-level musical genius and his song "Brown Sugar" even crossed over to alt-music playlists back in 1995, due to it's still innovative mix of retro-and-modern soul.
Compare him to tabloid acts of today like Chris Brown and try not to start weeping for the current stare of R&B.
- I think Stevie J is cute but boy is he slime. And why are so many strippers in the studio these days? Mimi needs some self-esteem.
- I know Joseline ain't trying to be pregnant bitch how can a man get pregnant!!!!
- Someone give Kola Boof a tv show. She should be the new Oprah. She keeps it real.
- I was watching the What's My Line series on YT and came across this episode with Muhammad Ali. Damn, he really was pretty! Very hot!
- Jennifer Hudson Talks Wedding Plans, New Album and TV Role
- Jennifer Hudson talks new album? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
She is so very boring as a singer. Great voice, but her material is so, SO lacking. She needs to do more movies and broadway and stop trying to be the next music diva because it really isn't happening.
- ♥ Lil Scrappy talks Love and Hip Hop! ♥
- Jennifer needs better material. She has a great voice and needs better songs.
- Jennifer used to sing for the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. After hearing her sing, I can totally believe it. They usually get bottom-feeder entertainment. She seems like a very sweet girl, but her singing and acting are not all that.
- [quote]She needs to do more movies and broadway and stop trying to be the next music diva because it really isn't happening.
Jennifer is not trying to be a "diva", r174. She delivers actual R&B (which is becoming so rare) and she doesnt waste her time trying to crossover into hip-hop or pop. She has made a nice lane for herself in music where she doesnt have to try to be something she's not. And her singles always get played to death on Urban Adult Contemporary like MJB, so she stays relevant on radio. These other R&B ladies should do the same.
- I agree, r178.
- Can someone solve this Panache Report BI:
BLIND ITEM JIGSAW: “HOUSE IN VIRGINIA”
The rate of HIV infection in major metro areas Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Atlanta, Newark, NJ., and Raleigh-Durham, N.C., and New York City is five times higher than previously thought. Also, it’s been a rumor floating around Capitol Hill for years. Allegedly, a dirty trickster/fixer was hired (by a rival candidate) to remove a politician by any means necessary. The fixer found out his alleged target was scheduled for a annual medical checkup. Allegedly, big money was exchanged and a fake diagnosis was given to the target, stating that he was HIV positive (when he wasn’t). The target committed suicide because he knew the diagnosis would ruin his career, if it leaked and he was an anti-gay advocate.
Numerous black and white celebrities have HIV in Hollywood. Due to the cocktail, they look healthy but a bit swollen and some of them continue to travel to Germany for a controversial blood cleansing procedure. When or if they die, their death certificate will list a secondary illness affiliated with AIDS.
Rewind: It was rumored that a late male singer (icon) was passed around (sexually) among powerful men at the beginning of his career, this sick practice didn’t stop with him.
This black male celebrity has emotional outbursts on a regular basis, and he also has a chip on his shoulder.
Allegedly, he’s still bitter about being passed around to several high ranking executives that belong to the downlow sect. He was allegedly violated in every way when he was underage. Sadly, this is the price of fame. This is the real reason for his anger. He isn’t HIV positive (as far as we know) but due to his past, he’s paranoid; because HIV can lay dormant for a decade.
We also have a worried black actress. She was part of an ensemble cast on an cable TV show. Like others, she ignored the warnings when several women tried to inform her that a black actor she was dating, is HIV positive. She contributed the concern to jealousy until the actor admitted that he was HIV positive. I don’t know if they had unsafe sex but they stopped dating. Hint: She’s not a good actress and it’s “not” Lisa Ray.
- Panache is always suspect and she relies on conspiracy theories too much.
- Yes, I have heard that Panache makes things up. The outburst guy sounds like Kanye. But I really don't know.
- could the outburst guy be Chris Brown? Could the actress from the ensemble cast be from The Game? Who is the politician who committed suicide?
- That's a good guess, R183. I didn't think of Brown, but it makes perfect sense.
- r172 he is beautiful and he knows it!
- Wendy Williams, Suzanne DePasse Team Up on Multi-Picture Venture
- Rev. Sharpton On Health Reform, Contempt Charges: ‘Good Shall Triumph In End’
- New song from Alicia Keys
- Alicia needs to sit her ass down.
- What r189 sez.
I listen more and more to 'The Best Of' compilations from old-school artists more and more now. Most of today's 'singers' are photogenic poseurs with good weaves and aggressive management teams and publicists.
- r189 = Hate-Retha
r190 = Miss Dionne
- R191 = Flo Anthony...
- Getting into that ex wife show I'm digging R Kelly's wife.
- r190 i felt the same way about beyawnce.
If I wanted her music I'd listen to the people she stole her act from. Donna Summers,Dianna Ross,Chaka , so on and so on.
She really over did it when she stole Sasha Fierce from her sister.
Solange has a wierd wacky look but shes been like that.
- Joseline on Rickey Smiley!
- Watching the BET Awards. The rapper Wale has a nice ass!
- The story about the politician sounds exactly like a plot line in "The Net."
- Her act is more like Tina Turner than Ross or Chaka. I thought Sasha Fierce was a diva stage persona because she's shy and bashful in real life? I think it's good that she at least admits that her persona is an act, some artist try to live it and act like that's really who they are particularly rappers. It can be quite pathetic.
- r194, please don't get me started on Beyawnce...I'm so tired of her being the "go-to" rep for all things African-American female in the world of entertainment. I'm tired of her. And I agree, she has not one original bone in her body...
- Beyawnce not really progressed musically for me...her last couple of albums do not give me life like the first two.
- Anybody catch Tia and Tamera's little brother Tahj on Wendy Williams? Anybody know who his boyfriend is?
- Tahj is so cute and so gay. Who does he think he's fooling?
- I liked the BET Awards last night. It looked like a Black Panther meeting with all the black everyone wore for their performances.
Usher is a brilliant singer.
Nicki Minaj did a good job without looking crazy.
Loved that Monica and Brandy finally got to do a proper tribute to Whitney.
Soulja Boy looked like he needed a long hug.
Chris Brown is exciting, talented and fine. Why cant he grow up and stay out of fights?
- R198-she does evoke Diana Ross (not when she was with The Supremes) to an extent, especially when she performs a ballad. But I also agree that her act is very much Tina Turner when she was with Ike. The image and dancing. I think she has even worn outfits similar to Tina's. That's why they were paired together on the Grammy awards a few years back. Her act is a lot like Tina's with elements of Diana and Donna. I mean that's not necessarily bad. People borrow from who they admire. I think her Sasha fierce character is a mash-up of all of those ladies, but especially Tina.
- HIV does not lay dormant for 10 years. Conventional HIV test would detect the virus as early as six weeks from infection. RNA test would detect the virus as early as three weeks.
Just want to clear up the misinformation.
- OK, well I see it now. I was thinking of Ross with The Supremes ( I was thinking that Miss Ross was not up there shaking her ass with The Supremes). I can see it now. And there was a part of her career that I forgot about where you could see the Chaka influence.
- So Diana is better than Tina because Diana was not shaking her ass on stage?
- No one is even comparing Diana and Tina in this discussion. When Diana was with The Supremes she was demure, subtle and portrayed an image of glamor, elegance, and sophistication. She loosened up during her solo career but glamor, elegance, and sophistication are still very much apart of her image.
Tina portrayed a strong, dominant, alpha, in your face woman who wasn't afraid of her sexuality. She put on a full stage show which included full out dancing and/or "shaking her ass" and sexy outfits. She was anything but demure. Beyonce's stage act is much closer to Tina's than it is to Diana The Supreme. However, I do now see some similarities between Diana's solo act and Beyonce's. You may interpret dancing and/or shaking your ass as negative and that's what led you to conclude that I did. But I don't.
- I meant to add that Beyonce tries to capture the glamor of Ross in her solo years in combination with a lot of Tina Turner with a bit of the others mentioned. I don't think it's good or bad. It just is what it is. And I'm not saying that anyone is better than the other.
- Would anyone like discuss last night's riveting episode of Love & Hip Hop Atlanta?
- Angela Bofill was on the last Unsung. I had never heard of her.
- Did RnB singer Frank Ocean just come out? Or was he always out?
- Did anyone see the Unsung? Her ex husband looks like a strung out bum. Gross.
- r212, I only know him from his fights with Chris Brown. I find it interesting that Chris is always fighting with gay guys
- Do you guys watch The Cycle? Toure is one of the hosts. Something about him annoys me.
- Shit r211, I missed it. I posted about Miss Bofill in one of the threads from last year. I've loved her for years and was sorry to hear about her stroke and hospitalization. Maybe they will show it again this weekend?
- I'm sure they will show it again. She seems like a very nice woman. They mentioned how Arista lost interest in her and Phyllis Hyman once Whitney hit the scene.
- I'm embarrassed to admit that I've been watching Love and Hip Hop regularly, thus far. It is a drama-filled, ghetto fabulous mess, and "In that order." But I watch and I like it so far. I didn't really watch the other one, but I kind of want to now. I get a woman beaterish vibe from Stevie J. He's too comfortable getting up in a woman's face and throwing drinks on them. He tries to intimidate them by buffing up in their faces. If he does that stuff on camera imagine what he does when they aren't around. Initially I thought he was kind of cute but now he gets the side eye.
Is K Michelle really crazy or is her abuse story legitimate? She seems like a sweet, true country girl; I don't know anything about her but several people keep saying that she's crazy. She seems OK to me. I guess you can be both abused and crazy. Another thing I find strange is the fact that Carly (sp?) claims to have been so close with Mimi at one point but didn't know who her bf was. A person she has been with for 15 years. Wouldn't you tell a close friend who your bf was? Weird. If anybody else is watching, let's talk. I know too much about this show.
- I totally believe that R217. Never understood why Clive didn't stick it out with those two; he would have had a stable of gorgeous talented women of color. But he put all of his eggs in one basket. Especially Phyllis; she was a stunner with a magnificent voice. Same for Angela - she had a very distinctive sound that no one else really had. She originally started out singing pop/jazz with Latin infusion. Gradually Arista turned her into an R&B pop princess, and that was not really who she was. YMMV.
- I forgot who K Michelle was going off on last night when she was in Ariane's apartment. Whoever it was she said they had a lop-sided ass. Thats when she started to get a little crazy, its like she needed to just calm down.
I lmao when Stevie J entered the restaurant right after Joseline got the text on her phone. Mimi told Joseline to tell Stevie J to get his ass there and he appeared on cue. Its like you can't get anymore staged than that. They might as well just show all the takes they did of that scene. Mimi and Stevie have to be doing this for the money, they probably get along great IRL. The joke is on us viewers!
I dont find Stevie J attractive. Something about his personality is just aggravating.
- Phyllis Hyman considered Angela a rival. Angela said she never understood why Phyllis was moody but she does now.
- Speaking of Tina. She's 70 in this video with that body and those legs. Hard to believe that 70 can look like that.Simply the best!
- She was talking about Carly's deflated, sunk in, lop-sided, dented in booty, R220. I didn't really notice her ass but K Michelle went there multiple times in that conversation, so there must be something to it. I guess Carly hasn't been able to get a booty tune up in awhile since she's a bit of a struggling artist.
K.Michelle did get a bit too hyped up in that conversation but I guess she feels like Carly was out of bounds. I want to know how old Carly is now. K Michelle basically called her a senior citizen. I just think it's odd how the record exec or publicist or whatever basically implied that K Michelle is a little off and that she ruined her own career not her former bf. People who insist that they aren't crazy usually are. But I don't know.
Yes the restaurant scene was a staged mess. Lil Scrappy insists that everything we see from him and his mom and girlfriend is real, though. I don't know, I'm sure there is a little staging involved in all of it. Stevie J is just foul in every way and he isn't ashamed at all.It was crazy how he was basically telling the side chick to get an abortion. Just no shame. That threesome is not coming off well and yes Mimi is included.
- Wow who is so into Love and Hip Hop enough to write paragraphs about that drivel?
- r224, if you have a topic you are into, you can write paragraphs about it too. Someone might read it and have something to say. It makes these threads more interesting, other than just posting headlines? But you knew that.
Anyway, I actually felt a little sorry for Joseline. Just a little. Stevie J does seem like he is abusive. But you cant expect better treatment when you are just a side piece fucking for fake tracks.
Lil Scrappy is so cute. He and Erica seem like ghetto soulmates so they should just stop fighting it.
K Michelle needs to pick a weave and stick with it. I have no idea who she is half the time on the show because she has different hair in every scene.
Frank Ocean has come out
- Did yall see Valeria Simpson's hair on the BET Awards? Gurl!
- R227, She's still mourning, so I'll hold my mule.
R225, so glad we have this thread, because I'd be too embarrassed to admit that I LOVE this show, in "real" life.
My favorites are:
K-Michelle - You can see she's crazy, but is funny as hell and can sing her ass off. She reminds me of Nene before she became a "Rich Bitch".
Joseline/Joe - I know she an ex-stripper/home wrecker, but I found myself almost in tears as she talked about being on her on since 12, and being used by men. Hope she turns her life around.
Lil Scrappy girl Erica is beautiful, and crearly in love with that fool.
Mimi is too stupid for words, so it's hard to really like her. Does she realize that having 20% of 0 is $0.00, and not something she should be bragging about?
PS~ Stevie J dick pic is at link.
- Sorry for typos in 228.
- Love & Hip Hop is too ghetto for me.
- Ha! I was thinking the same thing, R225. It's amazing how K Michelle can look like a completely different person by changing her weave. Several times I've wondered who this random girl was only to realize minutes later that it's her.
Same here,R228. I wouldn't admit to watching it in real life and that's why I love the AA thread on DL because we talk about anything up in here. Joseline is horrible for what she is doing, but I must admit that I felt sorry for her too. The emotion in her face really told the story. I'm quite sure that she has had some unspeakable things done to her. And that's probably why she's drawn to guys like Stevie J. Yes, she's a home-wrecking, side chick but I felt sorry for her and I feel a bit guilty about it. But I can't help it.
So, R193, that show is pretty good? I didn't even know that R Kelly had a wife. When did that happen?
Great news about Frank Ocean. I hope he gets a lot of support from us. I will definitely support him.
- Stevie J is definently a player. I hate the fact that he's playing the two women's minds on Love & Hip Hip: Atlanta.
- Brandy's single is HOT
- CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT FUCKING GHETTO MESS LOVE & HIP HOP ATLANTA? CAN ALL THESE FUCKING REALITY SHOWS JUST TAKE A FUCKING BREAK? WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!?>!?!?!?!?!?!
EVERY FUCKING TIME I GO ONLINE I SEE THAT FUCKING SHIT! I HATE IT AND PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.
- [quote]CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT FUCKING GHETTO MESS LOVE & HIP HOP ATLANTA?
No we will not, bitch! IN THAT ORDER!
- You need to take that BS to another thread because we don't play that control freak shit in this thread. You don't get to tell people what to talk about, especially when you have absolutely nothing of interest to say. You really need to have a seat and find another message board. I'm sick of these childish, immature people who think the world revolves around them and that they can dictate what people talk about. You don't own this site. If you want to dictate what people talk about create your own site. Nobody is forcing you to read shit.Grow up.
- Hugs to Frank Ocean.
- He seems like such a sweet guy doesn't he? I've been telling everybody I know about him and urging them to buy his album ( or I'll buy it for them). R&B has a lot of gay fans so I think he'll be fine, added to that, he has behind the scenes talent so I think he'll do fine. Although, the music industry is tough so you never really know.
I also think that there are a lot of people who just don't care. If the music is good they'll support it. It was an open secret that Luther (and many of his R&B contemporaries) was gay and he's an icon in the black community, particularly when it comes to black women. I also think more people know him because of this and will listen to his music, he has more fans now. People are very curious about him now. So I think he'll do better than he would have before the announcement.
- r237 BITCH FUCK YOU... DUMBASS CUNT!
- At least Luther Vandross never became a crossover artist.
- Anybody home?
- Who's coming out next? I think that girl Teyana Taylor is, she gives me big lesbian vibes.
- 241: yes he did
- Q-Tip - gay?? Anyone have any info?
- How do you know, r244?
- I wonder how long it will be before Frank Oceans has a YT boyfriend, a la Don Lemons and Lee Daniels. You know it's coming!
- r246: If you followed his career, Luther sold millions of albums. He wasn't really a singles artist. That couldn't have been just black people.
- Any fans of Hollywood Exes? I watched the first two episodes and found myself liking these ladies. The fact that they're getting along is a breath of fresh air. Hopefully the producers will avoid having them turn against each other for ratings.
Nicole Murphy is gorgeous, btw.
- Lil Scrappy: ‘Down Low’ Brothas Spread AIDS, Not Real Men
- Oh lawd, why Scrappy, WHY???!!!
- I refuse to watch link at R250, and keep my new found "like" of Scrappy in tact.
Anyone here went to Essence Fest this year. Great as always. Really enjoyed Pointer Sisters and Charlie Wilson. Diangelo was BAD, really BAD. Only sang two songs I knew, and didn't interact with the crowd at all.
- This is so ghetto- tastic I had to share it.
This is the ghetto side of Podunk.
- Ginuwine from his Pony days.
- Who watched Unsung last night? The episode they did on Con Funk Shun was pretty excellent.
- Those who arent watching Love and Hip Hop ATL, please forgive me, but I MUST post my thoughts on last night's episode. This show is just too much.
Mimi looked like she was going to haul off on Stevie J at any moment, but she didnt. Mimi looks so angry all the time, like she is going to snap on anybody. Stevie's shirt that revealed his chest and arms did give me some life, but he is still a dog.
I cant believe they dug up Benzino from whatever hole he was living in to lecture Steebie on the word monogamous. Stevie killed me with the faces he made in the car.
Erica needs to leave Scrappy and find a better man. She is gorgeous and has a good head on her shoulders. The fact that he hasn't replaced those old ass cabinets in her kitchen from 1979 is reason enough to leave him. And Erica's poor mom hasnt had new hairstyle or clothes since 1997. Those frozen fingerwaves had me on the floor!
I LMAO when Joseline/Jose ducked down into the car when Scrappy tried to break away from the security and run at them during the fight.
Buckey aka Shay Johnson needs sit her ass down. She had enough hair in her wig for three women! Gurl stop. I wanted New York to run into the scene to snatch her wig off and throw her into the pool.
- r256, you MUST watch the video I'm linking to. He's a youtube "personality" named Funky Dineva and he does HYSTERICAL recaps of the ratchet reality mess that is Love&Hip Hop ATL.
- r257, I watch him every week LOL! he killed on that vid me when he told everyone to get mad at him for saying Benzino wanted Stevie's dick too
- r252 how is the crowd at Essence? Lots of fine mens there?
- I want to ask this again.
WHO WATCHED UNSUNG ON MONDAY NIGHT?
- BBW:LA Jackie Christie renews her wedding vows at a gay club.
- Sorry r260... all the blacks are watching Love & Hip-Hop: Atlanta... nothing of substance appeals to Blacks. Figures...
- Don Lemons you mean Don Lemon? From CNN.. A youtube Boyfriend.. Do tell.
- Thanks for the info, r262.
- It's more likely that the barrage of negativity in this thread has run people off. No one comes here for that and they will easily find somewhere else to go to find what they need.
Substance would be the things that were posted in the very beginning of this thread and somewhere in the the last thread. We had people ( or maybe even a person) telling us about the National Black Justice Coalition and urging us to donate, Black gays during the Harlem Renaissance, YouTube links to channels ( previously unknown to me) with pertinent information about our community and our fight, and we even had a coauthor of a book that we should all read, stop by and tell us about his involvement in the project. That's substance.
Chastising people for not watching a show of your liking is not a sign of substance. It simply means that the individual has rather low standards for what they believe substance is. And it's telling that they'd come to a board like this to find it. It's a pleasure when we do find it here, but a board based on pointless bitchery is not the place that most would look. The fun has left this thread. It's no longer a stress reliever, it is now stress-inducing. So people leave.
- I'm sorry r265 but I just personally can't escape this Love & Hip-Hop: Atlanta crap I keep SEEING everywhere... it's all on the black boards and before that was Basket Ball wives... I am really sick of these ghetto-fabulousness I keep seeing on reality shows, and I am not chastising those who do, but it seems like this is such the norm these days and, maybe I am getting old (29 years) but after watching a FEW episodes of the Braxtons, Real Housewives of Atlanta and the other Love & Hip-Hop, I can never watch any of these shows again, far less a full season.
Maybe I am uptight; maybe I have a stick up my ass. Maybe I thought on DL, there would be SOMETHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT...
- r266 I was just talking to a friend yesterday they showed the exwives show on vh1.
It was so nice to see them go to Sonoma and not attack and try to kill anything.
That is why I watch it they go out ,talk about personal stuff, and they actually support each other.There fun and no drama.
I'm just so tired of seeing the hateful Black women shows.
Not watching love or hip hop or anything by Saunie again. Anything that bitch touches is trash.
I watch the Braxton's show too but to much of Tamar. She becomes to high school after a while.
Trina was my favorite I couldn't even recognize
her on the commercial. I watched it 3 times before I notice her. I hope she didn't have surgery.
There victims of attracting / having loser husbands (except for Tamar).
- r260, I watched the Confunkshun show and liked it. Had no idea one of the band members was murdered.
I was glad to have finally caught the UNSUNG for Angela Bofill. What a lovely lady; so sorry she's had a rough go of it the past few years.
- Neither did I, r268.
- Tamar looks like she put on some weight since she has been trying to get pregnant, I think she looks way better when she is not so thin. WE must have given the sisters a huge raise because Toni was acting like she was too good to another season and now her ass is more enthusiastic than ever to be back on TV.
- OK can someone start a threat on this story about Michelle Obama being threatened by a DC cop
- Beanie Sigel Gets Two Years In Prison For Stiffing The Feds On Back Taxes
- Mitt Romney’s NAACP Speech: He Wasn’t Even PRETENDING To Care
- Essence Music Festival Crowd Down 2 Percent
- r274, didnt Newsone have an a conference in Miami the same weekend as the Essence Festival? Did Cathy Hughes piss somebody off at Essence and decide to have her own event the same week to make attendance go down? Weird.
- For the person who asked about Essence, it was great, and not noticeably smaller crowds at the Dome, but the gay events were dead this year. I had a great time, but most of the men, seemed to be there for the girls, which is cool since I'm not single.
To the person complaining about people watching Love and Hip Hop, I can't speak for everyone, but I don't let 40 minutes of watching a tv show (I DVR it), define who I am. What's really interesting is I mentioned the show to a few friends who I assumed would never watch "trash" tv, and they all are watching it. So basically you should chill with the insults.
- LOL, if you got DirectTV you can't watch Love and Hip Hop anyway!
- Farrakhan On Black Violence Epidemic: I’m Going To Lead The Nation Of Islam Into The Streets
- Nicki Minaj Talks Tour, Movie, New Singles
- Paid In Full: Rihanna Tops List Of Highest Paid Celebs Under 30
- So, Target’s Not Anti-Gay? Frank Ocean’s Manager Apologizes For False Claims
- Jazze Pha: Ciara And I Need Each Other
I suspected that was the case.
- DMX Hospitalized After Four Wheeler Accident
- God, Nicki sounds fake as fuck in that interview. And she just got called out by other artists at this festival she just did overseas for being a major asshole. Something about those negroes she's always surrounded by pushing a crew member into the mud to make way for her.
I love the music but if these diva monster rumors are true, and I believe they are, it's gonna be a hard road back down for her.
- I'm gonna rant, so you can read it if you want to move along.
Is there any city anywhere that just isn't completely dominated by gay white men? I've been in NYC for 4 years now, and while I know there is a strong black gay scene here, I've found it excruciatingly hard to find black men who share my interests. I'm into sports and art and social justice and of course all these scenes here are near totally white. It seems like all black gays want to do here is go to the fucking club or whatever party is that night.
It's nice to find the few other black gay guys that are into these things but they always leave the different organizations or whatever because they're so turned off by the lack of diversity. I just wish there was more geared to black LGBTs outside of the club scene. Of course we "can" go to the different organizations but we all know there are a lot of black gays who aren't comfortable in those majority white social environments.
Then it affects my dating life because I'm in these all-white environments with men I'm not particularly interested in dating. I'm not dating white men right now because for the most part I just find them too socially and culturally clueless to ever have meaningful interactions with, and I've had one too many instances where they pretend to want to date me when they really just want me to fuck them. I'm 30. Ain't nobody got time for that.
So I only meet black gays at, surprise, the club, and that never goes anywhere either. Maybe I should just move to Atlanta or something.
- [quote]It seems like all black gays want to do here is go to the fucking club or whatever party is that night.
r286 I think a lot of gay guys under 30 are like that, not just us colored ones.
You would probably benefit from leaving NYC. But it sounds like you dont want to date black or white men.
- Kim & Kanye Cause Hysteria At Store Opening, Get Parking Ticket!
I remember those days as well, and even now that I have a partner, I still find the black gay social scene disappointing. When hanging with friends, we either end up gay bars, or white LGBT events. What I've found more enjoyable has been attending black events geared to the whole community, jazz clubs, concerts festivals, etc. Even though these events are 80% hetero, there are always a few other gay singles and couples, and I find most educated black folk are comfortable around gay guys these days.
- r286, I gave up on dating black men ages ago.
- r290, please tell us more.
- Is the Kanye/Kim K relationship real?
- Lil Scrappy Says Diamond Broke His Heart
- Tameka Raymond Might Be Forced To Take Son Off Life Support
- MSNBC's Toure Attributes Houston's Drug Use To "Fear Of Going Back To Poverty"--Because She's Black
- Roland S. Martin Details What Mitt Romney Did Not Say During His NAACP Address
- [quote]"Fear Of Going Back To Poverty"
WTF? Didn't Whitney grow up in a comfortable middle-class household? What on earth is he going on about?
- It was cool to see that a black woman was named as head of drama programming of NBC TV.
- R294, the child's father needs to make the decision to pull the plug.
- VIDEO: Soledad’s Charity “Pushes” Young Women Over Obstacles
- R291, I shouldn't have posted that, I'm sorry. I was feeling bitter. Still am, LOL. But honestly, I have yet to meet a brother in my city worth the energy. Narcissistic, vicious, shallow, self-involved, always ready to play head games, even outside of the bars. Really, no different from most of the GWMs in my city either.
- I hope you find someone soon, R290.
Toure is an ass, and I'll never understand how he gets some many tv gigs.
- I remember when Toure was a personality on BET. He must be sleeping with the right white men.
- There is something about Toure that I dislike. I'm unsure of what it is but I don't consider myself a fan.
- Toure comes across as an opportunistic HACK. He acts as if he's the official spokesman for all things related to black entertainment.
- Am I the only one who finds this big dummy sorta hot?
- Toure is annoying.
- can someone post this on the main forum. I'm surprised it's not there.
If true this woman is despicable. To have someone imprisoned because they saw you munching the coochie! These damn republicans.
- With Jackson Jr.’s ‘Enormous Disappointment’ Comes Opportunity
- WARNING: the following post is about last night's Love and Hip Hop ATL!
I nearly died when Miss Karlie started doing her river dance routine for Stevie! No wonder she is 40 with nary song to her name.
Where the hell does Benzino keep coming from? I hurled in my mouth a little when he was flirting with Miss Karlie.
VH1 could have found a few more boxes of fake stuff for Mimi to toss on Benzino's driveway.
Ariane and Mimi have at least thought about hooking up.
Erica needs to leave Scrappy. He is not ready for any kind of relationship. Mama Dee needs to sit her ass down with all that loud hollering before she gets an asthma attack her damn self.
K Michelle puzzles me with her ever changing weaves. I like her a lot though.
- Stevie J is sooo creepy.
- Karlie Redd Talks To M. Reck About K. Michelle Beef On Love & Hip Hop Atlanta
- I don't need to sing one word!
Bow down to ME, bitches!
- Did Stevie J Propose To Joseline Hernandez?
- Why not start a Love and Hip?
- Janet Jackson Fuming Over Paris’ Upcoming Acting Role?
- ‘BBW’s Jennifer Williams Drops B*tch Slap Lawsuit
- Its been a already long week for Black Lesbians
and this has been discussed outside of this thread but I was wondering how does everyone feel about Florida Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll's Alleged Lesbian tryst.
- R322, I think the Lt Gov is despicable. Especially her dumbass comment re: black lesbians not being as attractive as she is, thus she cannot be one of us.
- The Lt. Gov is ugly.
- Anybody have tea on Meagan Good's cute new husband DeVon Franklin? Im glad she is happy but Im so wary of pastors these days. He had a special on OWN the other day
- "Me ah COUGAR, Me ah JAGUAR, Me ah every -GAR... cause me pussy good"
Woyyy! I love this bitch.
- Jackson Siblings: Michael’s Lawyers Forged His Will [UPDATE]
- Mariah Carey To Be Named BMI Icon At Awards
- Usher's stepson died :(
- Is Katherine Jackson dead?
- Last I heard she is in Arizona with Rebbie.
- Janet also has a house in Arizona. I dont think she is dead.
- This whole Jackson thing sounds fishy. If she is supposed to be raising the kids, how are they the last to know? Who has been with the kids the past two weeks?
- Revenge of the Black Nerds: Why Childish Gambino Can’t Get No Respect
- I am beginning to think that Paris Jackson is a lose cannon. She seems to be an attention whore that likes stirring up trouble. They better watch her closely.
- Ever thought how it would have turned out if Rapunzel were Black?
- Keenan Ivory Wayans' Ex-Wife Joins Cast Of VH1's 'Hollywood Exes'
- Common Facing Foreclosure On Chicago Apartment
- Obama Visits Aurora Shooting Victims, Families
- Janet, Jermaine Have Heated Dispute Outside Jackson Compound
- Ciara’s “One Woman Army” Might Need More People
- So George Jefferson dies and NO THREAD ON DL? WTF!!!
- Sherman Hemsley Dead At 74
- Judge Strips Katherine Jackson of Guardianship of MJ’s Children [VIDEO]
- Katherine Jackson Speaks: Someone’s Trying To Take My Grandkids From Me
- LEON HENDRIX To Sign Copies Of New Book JIMI HENDRIX: A Brother’s Story In Venice Beach Thursday
- Leon Hendrix: Jimi 'Was Always Told to Shut Up When He Was a Kid'
- What A Mess! The Jackson Family Implodes
- Robin Roberts To Take Medical Leave From ‘GMA’
- Katherine Jackson, attorney, meet face-to-face
- Snoop Dogg Banned From Norway Over Weed Bust
- Gurl... I've so caught up in the Jackson family saga that I have forgotten to check this thread. Yall thought Janet wouldnt check a bitch didnt you? Ive been trying to tell you.
"You spoiled little bitch!"
- Is anyone else watching the Olympics?
Am I the only one who wants to snack on John Orozco's hot little hole all night long and fuck him silly?
I need answers, people!
- This thread is very quiet. No one wants to talk about TV shows, the Jackson family saga, Jesse Jackson Jr., the voter purge, Obama's black student initiative, something that happened in your life or anything?
- I'm not a fan of that Atlanta show but I read somewhere that K Michelle and Ryan Lochte are a couple? Is that where he got his grill from?
- What? What a very odd couple. I mean how would they even cross paths? I just can't picture them together. But if it's true and they are happy, I'm happy for them.
- I guess it's true R358. Someone should start a thread on this, lol
- Wow! OK. How long have they been dating? I never would have thought of them being together. They live in two different worlds but I guess he's a huge fan of hip hop so maybe he hangs out with hip hop artists and that's how he met her? But again, if they're happy I'm happy.
- Diana Ross To Sign MJ’s Kids’ New Custody Agreement
- Sandra Rose says no to K Michelle and Ryan.
- K Michelle has her baby hair on full display in that pic. That man to the far left looks so familiar. Anyhow, it's hard to believe that they are dating, but it seems that those comments came strictly from his mother. So I'm not sure. I almost want it to be true because it would be so odd and delicious at the same time. He better be able to pay for her hourly weave changes.
- [quote]That man to the far left looks so familiar.
Thats the producer from Making the Band with Diddy. Have no idea what his name is.
[quote]He better be able to pay for her hourly weave changes.
lol. K. Michelle must not have time for anything but getting her hair did. She has a different weave every damn day.
- Snoop Dogg Changes His Name To Snoop Lion
- In a break from more Jackson Family drama...
I have noticed that we often don't discuss the Divine 9 Sororities and Fraternities much on DL. I think it is interesting to note that last week the AKA's inducted Toni Braxton, Holly Robinson-Peet, Suzanne Malveaux and Mellody Hobson.
- The divine 9 fraternities are a DL haven. I have a good friend who's in one and said that going to one of their national conventions in DC was like going to a black gay pride event. I was in a regular frat in college, and from what I know about the divine 9, they haze very heavily. Really strong shit. And a very good friend of mine who's an older man that I respect has a huge, ugly, nasty looking brand of his letters on his arm. I wouldn't want to be a part of anything that wanted to brand me.
- And I don't know why everyone is surprised about Lochte and K. Michelle. Lochte is pure white trash, through and through. If we can call K Michelle a hoodrat (which she is), we can call Lochte white trash. From the ridiculous grill to the hick speak, all the signs are there.
It's so funny that America wants to cultivate this image that white people are all old money and houses on cape cod. Though I'm in NYC now, I'm from OHIO and I can spot these types from a mile away.
He's a handsome white male that they're trying to make into a golden boy, but he is trashy, trashy, trashy.
- Who will have a career after Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta?
- What R368 says, and then some. I don't hate Lochte, but he's extremely vulgar and tacky. And as far as his looks go, he's very two-faced, a la that girl in 'Seinfeld'. Sometimes he looks very hot, others, not so much. Plus, he has one of the flattest asses I've ever seen - he makes Ke$ha look like a video 'ho.
I also got the same vibes from some of the women on the beach volleyball team. Some of them looked like they should be on the cover of Easy Rider.
- The Ryan Lochte comment here are over the top just like the comments about Serena in the other thread. Please, just stop.
- r369, I think Rasheeda has the best chances. She is the only one that seems like she is mature enough to get her shit together. And she might have potential as an actress with that ugly cry she does.
K Michelle is just too ghetto and she acts like she is 19. And speaking of HBCUs, K Michelle is a FAMU Alumni. Just another great representation of what comes out of FAMU!
- [quote]The divine 9 fraternities are a DL haven. I have a good friend who's in one and said that going to one of their national conventions in DC was like going to a black gay pride event.
LOL. Is anyone here actually a part of the Divine 9? I was glad the college I went to did not have big chapters. They are like hives of downlow activity but the guys usually act so antigay when they are out in the daylight.
- R369, career doing what? Gurl please.
- R365, Snoop must be going through it because that sounds ridiculous. But then again he's already named after a Peanuts character.
- Why are we not talking about Ryan Bailey on the USA track team???? He has dimples, y'all!
- Look at this God at the link.
- Ryan is a cutie too. I like a lot of the sprinters, they have the body type I like. Thick thighs, bubble butt....
- Yes I have been thoroughly enjoying the abundance of fine Olympian mens in London.
I nearly fainted as the men stripped for the 100 meter!
This is my love
- OMG Did yall see Steebie get slapped. Mona Scott needs to just stop. Joseline looked like she was going to beat her ass too.
Deb Antney is so gutter. I was waiting for her to get up and slap Kirk upside his head!
- r378 & r380 they are beautiful
That Louis is something else. Dont know if he likes boys or girls. They robbed him of a gold medal yesterday, Id be willing to console him lol
- Was there animosity between Al Bell from Stax and Berry Gordy from Motown? Was there any beef between them?
- Serena’s ‘Crip Walk’ Criticism Exposes America’s Ignorance Of Black Women
Terrell Jermaine Starr
- Who slapped him, R381? Your link isn't working.
- Jay-Z, Beyonce Not Given Enough Credit For ‘Social Responsibility’?
Kirsten West Savali
- TVOne put up the preview for the new show "R&B Divas" starting next week. Looks like it will be good. Keke Wyatt is a damn mess, will she ever get it together?? Seems like Faith is the Shaunie Oneal of the show.
- Spike Lee Explains Why Nola Darling Became A Jehovah’s Witness [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Jerry L. Barrow
- VH1 just announced that they've shelved Chad Ochocinco and Evelyn's reality show, with no plan to show it in the future.
Somewhere, Jennifer is laughing her weave off.
- R390...as she should. She really tried to be a good friend to Eve but Eve wanted to show out for ratings, thinking it's cute. Keeping 100 mil, WTF does that even mean. Chad also was cut from the Patriots today. Eve should feel real stupid right now, but she probably won't...that woman doesn't have any shame. Karma is a bitch.
And, I'm not jumping on the "Chad is wrong for putting his hands on her" bandwagon. He's a famewhore but he doesn't have any past issues with violence. I know that doesn't mean anything. Eve has a tendency to throw things and hit. He could've been trying to block hits from her or trying to restrain her. I'm sure they were both shouting and acting a damn fool when the police came. This is a classic case of he said she said. It's going to get ugly now that they've lost favor with public. Watch hoe fast they turn on each other.
- I thought Ev was turning over a new leaf with all the violence. But Im not surprised at all that this relationship is already a trainwreck. She better call Kim Kardashian to help her return all those wedding gifts.
- R392 What made you think she changed? Did you not see the BBW reunion show? She, Shawnie, Tam and Susie were all billy bad asses blaming Jenn for everything. Eve half assed expressed regrets only after all the backlash. And, those regrets seemed forced like her PR team told her be nice.
And, I meant he was cut from the Dolphins today.
- r393, although that reunion hug with Jenn was very forced by production, I thought her tears were genuine. I just felt like after Ev broke down after seeing Tami bully Keisha in Tahiti that she would stop all the physical violence. I know hell will freeze before she stops being verbally violent.
- R394 I do remember the tears Eve cried. I believe everytime she cried for Jenn those tears were real. How many times did Eve call Jenn her enemy? Jenn said enough, I'm done. Jenn didn't breakdown without her and Eve couldn't stand the fact that Jenn actually moved on from their friendship.
Eve knew her relationship with Chad was not one to build a life on. She had groupy drama with Chad while they were still engaged. She made excuses for the way he treated her saying "Poeple don't get us. We have a weird sense of humor". I think she backed herself into a corner always defending their love against Jenn and everyone. She wanted to be a wife sooo bad and wanted fame sooo bad that she acted a fool on TV to get and threw away a friendship in the process.
- Evelyn is horrible. She and Chad are two idiots.
- According to USA Today and TMZ, Ev has filed for divorce. Their marriage lasted 41 days.
"In your face, Kim K!!!!!"
- Damn! 41 days. Evelyn needs to give us all an apology for taking us through this bullshit marriage.
- omg Tameka Foster is just awful. She is still dragging Usher through the mud after her son died, saying he did care his death.
- *didnt care about his death
- According to USA Today and TMZ, Ev has filed for divorce. Their marriage lasted 41 days.
The bitch only married for his money.
When will men learn you can't turn a hoe into a housewife.
Thats Why all those other ballers never gave her a ring.Shes a known hoe.
Shes horrible on that show if anyone believes thats an act your stupid and deserve to get your money took.
- Anybody watch LLHATL last night? Cant believe there's only one more episode left in the season!
Anyway, I LIVE for Mimi Faust. I know she is dumb for dealing with Steebie, but I love how dramatic she is with EVERY WORD she says. Its like watching a professional soap actress.
I nearly died when Benzino slipped up and called her Joseline. She went completely off with all that neck rolling and hair tossing!
- Tameka is a horrible person to say that.
Usher treated that child like his own.
- R402, I like K. Michelle but after last night I'm starting to really worry about her. I know it's hard when something terrible happens to you and no one believes you, that must really suck. But she was so extra I had to wonder if she's mentally well. I mean if something traumatic happens to you and no one believes you and this person is still taunting you on a regular basis, and it has had a negative impact on your career, it can take a toll on your mental health.
I hope that she's seeing someone who can help her process all of this. Rasheeda questioning her brought a lot of pain and rage to the surface. I hope someone advises her to see someone. I know that Rasheeda is trying to stick by her friend, but I think she was inappropriate last night. I like Joceline a lot more now. She's a complex person. She's wrong for her part in the cheating but learning about her past has revealed a lot about why she acts out the way she does.
- r404, K Michelle definitely needs more therapy, big time. She is even more resentful because her whole career was derailed by that relationship, and she hasnt recovered from that. I think she doesnt like Karlie because she is going to be Karlie in ten years if she doesnt get it together quick.
I wouldnt be surprised if Joseline and Steebie get their own spin off. She is messy but she has really entertained me with all her foolishness.
I didnt know Kirk was so built!
- This girls Joseline voice kills me.She also does True blood reviews there funny as hell.
- Kirk is kinda cute.
R406, Wow! That was entertaining. She's so extra ghetto I have to wonder if that's a character. She made me laugh and she's very entertaining. And Joseline does have the craziest accent.
Anybody planning to see Sparkle?
- I watched more of her videos and it seems like she's real (not pretending). I like how blunt she is, she says things that I would never say and in ways I wouldn't even think of saying them lol. I think I might subscribe. She's very entertaining ( and she's a lesbian or at least bi). And as I thought about it, I have to wonder if Benzino and Mimi had something going on in the past.
- Sherman Hemsley was gay, right?
How is that Jay-Z and Beyonce made $78 million dollars last year?
Why does 2 Chainz have a career in this recession?
NOBODY mentioned the Gabby Douglass hair controversy? That's actually a good thing.
- Why is Rhianna still crying over Chris Brown?
- Have you bitches seen this? It's a new black gay reality show...
Not super original, but the boys are kind of cute.
- Rhianna needs to get over Chris. Her interview with Oprah is on this Sunday.
- I have to LAUGH at Ochocinco because he spends his time plugging all the black women and never marrying one, then this golddigging latina comes along and he married THAT then look at what happens. I have NO SYMPATHY for that asshole Ochocinco, and I know that ho Lozada whatever her name is will get hers one day
- r411, I met Rob Smith a few days ago. He's in this documentary I'm working on.
Seems sweet, easy going, smart...He's into politics. He reminded me of Keith Boykin only sexier
- Anybody see Sparkle? How was it?
- R411, will it air on TV? If so, when? I think I missed that info. Rob is cute. I like clean-cut guys. Brian is a cute little blasian. It looks like it will be interesting. I'll definitely watch and support.
What kind of documentary are you working on, R414?
- Bow Wow busted on Twitter, in bed with a dude.
- Who watched R&B Divas?
Keke has THREE gay brothers. She is likable, but a woman that looney does not need to be raising that many kids. That is just insanity.
Monifa seems really cool.
I hope we get to see gutter Faith, like when she beat Lil Kim down before this over, but I dont think we will lol. These ladies seem pretty classy.
- "Brian is a cute little blasian."
- I never did like Tameka. Ghetto stain that she is. Not too much a fan of Usher's but if the court decided to give him custody of his boys, there must be, in the words of Dick Button, some "there" there.
- Sandra Rose said Usher had connections with the judge in the case
- R&B Divas was entertaining, but they were trying it a bit with the backyard family games. I mean, who gives a shit? That Keke is CRAZY and Syleena acts like freaking Mariah Carey when she's most popular for singing a rapper's hook. It also looks very cheaply shot, which makes it visually unappealing.
RE: Bow Wow: anyone with eyes can see that it's not him and he's looking like an idiot for freaking out. When will celebrities see twitter for what it is: a pr tool that needs to be in the hands of pr people.
Tameka always was a snake, from the very beginning. The Usher situation was definitely a bearding one, though he wanted kids. She also seems like a lazy, selfish woman who wanted to have the kids as a way to get money out of him.
And why does someone want to F&F someone for saying "Blasian?". That's what that kid from the reality show is, right? Black and Asian? Am I missing something?
- Has anyone seen this omg I can't stop watching.
- R&B Divas looks like a mess.
- Angela Bassett is playing Coretta Scott King in a Lifetime Bio-pic. Mary J. Blige has been cast as Betty Shabazz:
Angela Bassett and Ruby Dee are heading to Lifetime.
The duo has joined the cast of the female-skewing cable network's TV movie Betty and Coretta, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The telepic, first announced during the network's upfront presentation in May, tells the dual stories of Coretta Scott King and Dr. Betty Shabazz as they carry on as single mothers following the assassinations of their husbands, Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X.
- lol did you guys see Dineva on the LAHH ATL Reunion?
I didnt realize so many people have sided with K Michelle in the whole Rasheeda situation. Im sorry, but K Michelle is a drama queen and she needs some therapy.
- Bobby Brown’s Wife Has A Seizure
- What do we think of this picture?
- Keke Wyatt needs help. Her husband seems dumb.
- R428, I think people just like K Michelle's personality. She has magnificent reading skills. She reads bitches down. She's funny and most people like to laugh. And then you have the whole domestic violence thing. People like her because of her humor and they also see her as a victim. But you're right, she definitely needs therapy. I thought she was going to have a nervous breakdown at that table with Rasheeda. I like her but I don't think she's mentally well right now. I'm not saying she's crazy but she needs to see a therapist and possibly a psychiatrist.
I didn't see the reunion. Is Dineva the "my hair is layed" queen? Love hah!
- I had never seen Love&Hip Hop until today. I got sucked into watching the reunion today. What a trainwreck. Stevie J is a weirdo. He is unstable. Where did they get Benzino from? I am so sick of hearing about Stevie's bus.
- There is no doubt that Joseline Hernandez is the break out star of that show. I hope she enjoys her fifteen minutes. After seeing that scene with her mom, her life makes so much more sense.
I havent even watched the reunion Part II yet, but hear that Shay's wig looks something like a bird's nest.
It is hard to believe that these people are earning huge checks. This show smashed everything on cable.
- Really? The ratings were really high? Did the first Love & Hip Hop have high ratings? I didn't watch that one.
- Mona Scott Young ought to be ashamed.
- Ocho tattoed Evelyn's face on his leg.
- R430, that picture has been around a minute, but it just looks like two drunk dudes having a good time.
R&B Divas may turn out ok, but as someone pointed out, it looks cheap.
Love and Hip Hop has been great, and I hate seeing it end. Shay got played by Scrappy, but it's hard to feel bad for her. She is too old to be falling for games like that. I would like to see her come back next season.
Any news on the Waiting To Exhale Sequel?
- Love and Hip Hop is awful. I watched the marathon yesterday. It's a disturbing show. Stevie is the worst.
- K Michelle's ex has filed a huge lawsuit against her and VH1 for defamation of character. Dont her accusations have to be untrue for it to be defamation? And did she even mention him by name on the show?
Anyway, I agree with Queen Khia. Stevie J likes dick. Joseline fucks him with a strap on and he cant get enough. You can tell by the way she describes having sex with him.
- Why do young black men have to act like fools on television these days?
- Black Republicans:
LL Cool J
- They are voting with their pockets - how much money they can have?
- Jenifer Lewis and Shangela have a new web show. Its pretty cute and very funny. Jenifer is always hilarious.
- I don't think Sheryl Underwood is a repub. She's always on the Steve Harvey morning show speaking out against the repub and encouraging us to help re-elect the Obama.
As for the other back repubs, yeah, it's all about the money. It's a shame that they're basing their vote on the old school principles of the repub party rather than the actual current practice of be the party...that's filled with exclusion and out right bigotry.
- Chris Lighty’s Wife Says, “Let Him Die Proud, At Peace!”
- Jennifer Williams Has Reached Out To Evelyn Lozada
- I am over Evelyn's drama, that marriage was over before it started. And the whole thing seems like a publicity stunt on her part. Evelyn could have at least waited longer than Kim Kardashian did.
And I cant believe Iyanla Vanzant is counseling her. Oprah clearly has no control over OWN anymore!
- R448 Preach it!
Evilyn is acting like they had some great epic love story, gurl bye with all that. She told ABC that she couldn't believe that Chad was being unfaithful to her so soon after the wedding. I guess she forgot when Chad called her the "last slice of pizza that no one wanted" and she gave him permission to cheat on national tv. She only left him because he lost his job like 2 seconds after the incident and then their show was promptly cancelled.
It kills me that she's playing the victim to the hilt. There are real victims of domestic violence all around the world...and, this abuser is being championed as a survivor and hero. What the actual fuck?! It seems like their PR team is trying to work a redemption angle for everyone to rally behind her/him with support. Both of them need to go somewhere and sit down. And in that order! I never thought I would ever utter a Mama Dee catch phrase, lol!
- Evelyn and Chad are two idiots. I can't believe she's on Iyanla's show either.
- I'm so proud of President Obama and the first family.
- I love seeing Obama and his family. A beautiful sight.
- If Evelyn wasn't such a violent person herself I would probably feel for a lot more than I do. She climbed tables, threw drinks and bottles...she was even willing to physical attack someone who had been her best friend for over a decade. With that said domestic violence is never cool. And if he did headbutt her he was wrong. They are two extremely annoying fools, though. But I do think that Evelyn is damaged for a reason. She admitted that her family reacts to things the same way that she does. And that didn't just happen overnight. It's likely that she was abused either physically, emotionally or both as a child.
- Will Evelyn continue the violence on Basketball Wives? That show should be cancelled.
- I agree, r454.
- How are we liking R&B Divas?
Keke Wyatt is a mess, but she is hilarious. Those other ladies better be careful before she gets her own spin-off show with her husband. Its interesting how she lives for the gays, yet her husband is so uncomfortable about it. I love how TVOne is giving some much spotlight to gays and lesbians on this show.
- Keke's husband is an idiot. He seems slow. He also seems too bothered by gays.
- Any gossip on Gospel stars? Anybody see the finale of Sunday Best last week? The winner is a cute twink......
- who was the winner r459??
- This kid
- DMX Blasts Drake For Posthumous Aaliyah Album: Notable/Quotable
- Hey can some angel who's a premium member please open a thread about the goddess Jody Watley? She deserves one. Thank you kindly in advance :)
- Chi-Ali Released From Prison
- Anybody home?
- How do we feel about Nicki Minaj officially becoming an AI judge?
Ill have to hold my judgement until I see her on the panel.
- Malaysia Prago Has No Regrets About Season One of “Basketbal Wives: LA”
- THIS THREAD IS DEAD!!!
THIS MUTHAFUCKIN' THREAD IS DEAD!!!
Disgusted With This Thread Not Being Active
- Jody Watley thread? please?
- r462 Im sick and tired of everybody shading my husband about that Aaliyah album! Missy and Timothy Mosley need to get off their fat asses and get their vocal skills together, as Sheneneh would say. And DMX needs to quietly have a seat so he can think about becoming relevant again. A posthumous album is past due. And Im over her brother Rashad too. That cunt has one more time to diss my husband on twitter!
- No way. Let Aaliyah's material that she released stand on its own. No need for the lower likes of Drake to sully her name by associating himself with her. Talentless hack needs to step off.
- Amen r471,
- Evelyn, Chad Are Officially Divorced!
- That was a sham coupling to begin with. Even if there had never been domestic abuse to break it up, something else would have been the reason and quickly. I feel bad for these 2 subhuman's kids.
- Hmmmmmm, Ebonics in sign language? lol
- Anyone else digging the new track by Nas and Mary J Blige?
- What does anyone on here think of Draya Michele from Basketball Wives LA?
- Yikes! I must've REALLY been high when I forgot to include the link
- Missy and Timbaland on The Breakfast Club
- What does anyone think of Inyanla Vanzant on here?
- [quote]What does anyone think of Inyanla Vanzant on here?
I like Iyanla, she keeps it real with those bitches on OWN.
- Anyone go to CBC-ALC this weekend? I know someone must have gone...
- What about Melissa Harris-Perry? What does everyone think about her show on MSNBC?
- Did you guys see Oprah's interview with Usher?
- I still think Usher likes the mens, from time to time.
- Any Al Jarreau fans out there? Can someone start a thread on him? He is so underrated and unappreciated here in the U.S. He is soo much bigger in Europe and the people love him there.
Why don't African Americans appreciate Jazz more? Since when did Hip Hop and Rap become our torch? I know Billie did drugs but I guess Ella, Sarah, Nancy, Betty, Dianne and Cassandra would fare better if they were scatting about selling drugs on the street, how much money they are making and how many times to prison they have been?
- Hip Hop and Rap became our torch since the 1980's. R&B became boring for us. We didn't want to hear Luther Vandross or Anita Baker instead we wanted to hear Run DMC or the Fat Boys, especially Grandmaster Flash.
- I don't think it became boring I just think it is marketed better. Hip Hop and Rap is all about marketing. Why do you think it is hyped and kept on top 100 charts and in the mainstream? Because every time some rapper talks about the cars they drive and the shoes they wear and where they go to vacation it is an advertisement. There has been billions of dollars made from clothing lines and vodka, bling and all the other shit we see connected to these artists.
So it is not that R&B is boring, is just not as good of an advertisement for all the crap they want us to buy and focus on as symbols of our worth as human beings.
- True, r489.
- Professor Michael Eric Dyson?
- Did anyone here see Mindy Kaling's new sitcom this week? If so, am I the only one slightly put off by the fact she's clearly not interested in dating any men of color on her show? Believe me, I have nothing against interracial dating (I'm a gay black male who's dated every color of the rainbow) and I realize it was just the first episode, but I don't know ... I just get a sense that every guy she will date/show interest in will not be anything other than white (and maybe it's not her fault; the show runner and/or network could be involved with the decision for all I know but whatever).
Maybe I wouldn't care if they had white sitcom actresses dating strictly men of color every week on their shows, but we all know that will never happen, so why a woman of color must only date white men on her show sends a really fucked-up message in my opinion. I guess Kaling's character being a doctor, and apparently a very successful one, she of course desires to score what's quite naturally the ultimate prize for up-and-coming people of color: a white man. (Maybe this is why Kerry Washington's love interest on "Scandal" is also a white man and the POTUS no less.)
Any thoughts on this? Not trying to shoot down Kaling's show before it's barely gotten off the ground but just find this to be a somewhat troubling trend.
- Anybody home?
- r492, you dont see a lot of Indian women dating and marrying men outside their race, unless you are in places like Jamaica and the Caribbean. So its already a bit of a stretch for her to be dating white guys on that show. But who knows, that show is barely off the off ground so she might have black men in her future.
Are we still watching R&B Divas?
Nicci Gilbert needs to sit her ass down. That girl needs therapy as much as Keke Wyatt. I find it interesting that Monifa's partner hasnt volunteered to carry their child, since Monifa wants to relaunch her career. Maybe she cant carry a child anymore. Syleena is very funny, love her.
- Meet Toure, the Kim Kardashian of Social Commentary
Dr. Boyce Watkins
- 492 Mindy wants to play the part of the beautiful desirable female and therefore be pursued by good looking White men the same way all the lovely White girls in the rom coms are. Her fantasy is to be like the White girl instead of the ethnic best friend. Her best friend is the lovely blond White girl that normally would be the star of the show.
- Nikki Gilbert definitely needs to be seated with her hands folded. She's talking to these grown women like they are children. She has a lot of anger inside of her and needs to see a therapist and a psychiatrist. Monifa's gf doesn't seem like the type person who would want to carry a baby, but I could be wrong.
- Roland Martin?
Dr. Cornel West?
- Funky Dineva gives us her thoughts on the Mariah & Nicki Minaj meltdown:
- This thread is muthafuckin' dead.
- r495, I went to Syracuse and am mildly acquainted with Boyce Watkins. That entire article is such fucking sour grapes. He's very, very jealous. What he doesn't realize is that Toure doesn't just talk about black issues, he talks about it all. You can't race-pimp like Watkins and expect to be called on to talk about anything but race, race, race all the time.
- I agree r501.
- I'm sorry but I have to say that I don't know a single African American over 30 who finds Luther Vandross and Anita Baker boring. In fact most of them complain about the music of today and yearn for the music of the past to return. Anecdotal? Yes.But I don't think that this sentiment is uncommon.
Hip hop is a youth movement. Young people of all colors enjoy Hip Hop music and are involved in the Hip Hop scene. It's their torch. In fact, the majority of people who purchase Hip Hop music definitely aren't African American. I'd like to see someone tell a middle-aged black woman that Luther and Anita are boring and Hip Hop is her torch.
- Rihanna and Chris Brown are back together. WTF.
- That is so true, r503.
- Rhianna was going to stay with Chris after that fight but her people persuaded her to dump so that she could keep endorsements. Obviously they have one of those dysfunctional love affairs that will have to take it's course. Hopefully they both come out of alive and not in prison somewhere.
- What do you guys think if T.J. Holmes' new show "Don't Sleep"? I ain't gonna lie, I only tune in because he's lovely to look at, but the show is pretty terrible.
- r507, I used to wake up on Sunday morning just to watch his fine ass on CNN. But for some reason I was turned off by him after I found out he dates white women. And guess what, Im not even a female. Very Jill Scott of me!
What is the cutie Larenz Tate up to these days? I know he was on that FX show for awhile. Im surprised he hasnt shown up in a Tyler Perry production.
- Nicci Gilbert is a trip. What do you guys think of Curvado, her plus size clothing line?
- Why is Nicci even on the show?
- Tim on Sweetie Pie's is getting annoying. He needs to grow up and lose weight.
- I love this comedianne's commentary on Nicci LOL! She does a review every week
- [quote]Tim on Sweetie Pie's is getting annoying. He needs to grow up and lose weight.
What did he do? I havent been watching. Im sorry, I have weak spot for big handsome guys. His ass is probably out of this world by this point! Has Charles stopped trying pretend he is straight?
- Tim keeps trying to sabotage Miss Robbie's new restaurant. That's dumb. Charles is such a dumb queen.
- [quote]Rhianna was going to stay with Chris after that fight but her people persuaded her to dump so that she could keep endorsements. Obviously they have one of those dysfunctional love affairs that will have to take it's course. Hopefully they both come out of alive and not in prison somewhere.
African-American Dataloungers isn't for you. Stop projecting.
- Bruk it down, jamaican style.
- ‘Clueless’ Stacey Dash Endorses Mitt Romney For President
- Stacey Dash is trying too hard be relevant.
- R515, Yawn.
- Stacey Dash is an idiot. She called herself Mexican American. Apparently, Paul Ryan called her on the phone. She's desperate for attention. Nobody cares about her.
- That is so true, r520.
- Remember this track? I wish this chick had become a bigger star, instead of being more famous for her relationships with 2 certain big guys in the industry...
- This is the Emotions with "Don't Ask My Neighbors" from 1977. This was when music was music when girl groups were classy and not trashy.
- R512, thanks for posting. I thought I was the only one watching that mess.
Nikki and her fashion line are a mess. She says some intelligent things sometimes, but her delivery really needs work.
I never really knew Monifa or Sellena could sing before this show.
Does anyone else think KeKe is unstable? I love her, but she needs help. I still don't know who's more cute her husband or her brother. They both need more airtime.
- I bought Monifa's first album or at least I think it was her first one. I enjoyed the hell out of it, it some good slow jams. I wondered what happened to her. I'm glad she's trying to make a comeback.
I knew Sealena could sing, but she stepped on the scene as it was changing and she got lost in the masses.
Keke is INsane and I love her too. The hubby and bro need more time.
The music (on the commercial side) is a mess right now. Funny, everyone wonders what happened to good music and people that can really sang. Video didn't just kill the radio, honey. I'm in my 30's and I remember a time when you didn't know what the artist looked like, if they weren't super famous yet. They HAD to have good music and a great voice to get played on the radio or get any kind of attention on TV. Nowdays, an artist only needs to be cute or have a scandal, that's it! Auto tunes will handle the rest. It's a shame that some many talented people are overlooked.
- I saw a preview of DTLA on LOGO, it's looks really good. I hope it draws veiwers so they dont have an excuse to cancel. I do wish it was in another network (Stars or Encore), I hate what LOGO has turned into. Does anyone have any good scoop to share about this series?
- Does anyone watch "Between Women"? It's a show about black lesbians that is shown on youtube.
- R522 YAAASSS...Michel'le was THAT bitch. From Dr. Dre to Suge Knight though lmao
- I wonder if her squeaky speaking voice was legit or put-on...I have a hard time believing it was real lol
- r524, Keke's twin brother was very cute!
Michael grew on me a lot, not just because he has a big ass, but because he genuinely wants Keke to get over her issues and he is not afraid to look completely whipped on TV.
I cant believe Keke is only 30, and that she has FIVE kids. Michael is 24 and already had one child from a previous relationship. That is some crazy shit. She really needs to find a better way to deal with her issues other than being pregnant. I think they could have their own show if they wanted it.
I didnt like how the season abruptly ended. It's they ran out of money for the last two episodes or something. Ghetto!
- Oh brother...
- Black people, we've gotta do something
- Kid Rock Speaks Out Against President Obama Like This & Expects To Hang Around Black People
- How do we feel about this picture of T.I.?
- TI has gotten some meat on those bones, but he's said some pretty dumb shit about gay people, so I don't find him as attractive as I used to.
The Houston family is sick, and they will lose Bobbi before she turns 21.
- Bobbi Kristina needs to stay out of the spotlight and start grieving and healing over her mother's death. I would hate for her to end up like her mother.
- [quote]Bobbi Kristina needs to stay out of the spotlight and start grieving and healing over her mother's death.
Thats the thing though, Bobby Kristina probably has been grieving for Whitney since she was old enough to realize that she had fallen from grace. She saw Whitney at the lowest lows. So she is probably not going to grieve like most people think she would.
Most people have a problem with Pat, I dont. Im not knocking them for making money off this show. Pat has had to deal with two drug addicts, her husband, her in-laws, her in-laws' in-laws, and she is assuming the role of mother to a young woman who takes after her parents. Cut the woman some slack.
- Bobbi Kristina shouldn't be thinking about marriage at her age.
- I think that "engagement" with Bobbi K and her adopted brother is just for her reality show. I don't doubt their being a couple, but that looks too scripted in the previews, especially when it was never officially announced to the press.
I'm just saying...
- Pilar Sanders Forced To Leave Home After Gas, Lights Shut Off Due To Non-Payment?
- Bank Sues Bow Wow For Having To Repossess Vehicle
- Wow, Bow Wow is broke or almost there. Serves that bitch right for being so homophobic when he knows Omarian was fucking him! Anyway, he better call Tyler Perry and ask him if he needs a favor.
- Did you all see the Life After with BernNadette Stanis? She aged well.
- Bow Wow is so pathetic. Poor thing.
Any more Raz B news?!?!
- Bow Wow is a loser.
- Exactly, r547.
- yummmm someone mentioned Omarion. I don't care if he's short lol he's HAWT
- Robin Roberts Is Home From The Hospital!
- I like Omarion too. Especially that booty.
- Does anyone think that Doug and Jackie Christie will ever get a divorce?
- Nas’ Home Foreclosed, Sold In Auction
- Omarian, Bow Wow and Raz-B need to just get it over with and do thug porn. Lord knows they are all teetering on broke. They need to team up with Cocodorm and get those asses lubed so they can pay them bills.
- yay for Robin. Such a lovely woman.
I'd watch Omarion fuck Bow Wow. Raz B is too crazy though I just feel sorry for him.
- Bow Wow, Omarion and Raz-B will never do thug porn. That would hurt their reputations in the rap music industry.
- I think Omarion and Raz-B are related...cousins? But, yeah, the cousins can tag team Bow Wow! I was never a Bow Wow fan and thought at one point he was he was nice & positive until I heard him about his homophobic remarks.
- Katt Williams Arrested On Possible Gun Violation
- Wasn't Katt on crack not too long ago? Something snapped in his brain I think.
next topic: damn I want Nelly to dick me down. he's so hot.
- “Basketball Wives L.A.” Recap: Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Even Closer
- R559, Kat Williams real problem is that he has untreated mental health, a bipolar diagnosis. He does abuse drugs and alcohol most likely as a means to self-medicate. Like most comics his humor comes from a source of deep pain.
- Cee-Lo Addresses Explicit “F**k You” Performance At Presidential Fundraiser
- Anybody home?
- Yall think theyve done it before?
- To answer your question, R565, YES!
- Chris Brown is a mess. He got another neck tattoo.
- Does anybody believe Rihanna is pregnant with Chris Brown's seed? She has been looking really miserable lately.
Nothing would shock me when it comes to her.
Can you imagine how fucked up a child would be raised by those two?
- Shaun T from Insanity Workout is now a male wife!
- I love Scandal. Kerry Washington is great in the role.
- Tim on Sweetie Pie's looks very chunky. Will he ever marry Jenae?
- Do you guys plan to watch the Houston family reality show? It starts tomorrow.
- Yes, Ill be watching.
I dont think it'll ever top Being Bobby Brown though, the greatest reality TV show ever. So many legendary lines in the one season this show was on the air.
- Is anyone going to watch DTLA? I think the first episode airs tomorrow.
- I am 576. Keyshia Cole's new show starts tonight.
- I like Cee-Lo but he is very arrogant. I'm glad he's around though cuz he's original and different.
What do we think of Brandy's new album and songs? I give it mixed reviews but I like her "Wildest Dreams" single out now.
- Ummm....Zoe Saldana as Miss Nina Simone? Chile....
- Why wasn't Christopher Williams a bigger star?
Someone with a soulful voice like his could not even make a blip on the music radar today. And he was fine as hell!
I did not know he has a 20 something son with that hussy Stacey Dash. The son doesnt look like Christoper that much...I imagined that he would look like Chris Brown or Quincy Brown, his actual cousin.
- I didn't know what the hell a Lil Reese was before today but I'm sorry I now know.
- That' disgusting r581. What's wrong with these people?
- Bobby Brown needs to go back to jail.
- Black Gays Make Up Largest Share Of LGBT Community, Survey Shows
Posted: 10/19/2012 9:18 pm EDT Updated: 10/19/2012 9:27 pm EDT
Contrary to stereotypical images, which peg LGBT people as disproportionately white, male, urban and wealthy, a new survey shows that the LGBT community is actually largely African American.
According to the report, released by Gallup earlier this week, 4.6 percent of African Americans responded "yes" when asked if they identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender, along with four percent of Hispanics, 4.3 percent of Asians and 3.2 percent of Caucasians.
- That is interesting info - there are more black gays than white gays.
- I thought that I should repost these YouTube links for people who may not have seen them the first time around. No More Down Low is an excellent YouTube channel that focuses on issues important to the SGL and/or gay black community. Check it out!
- National Black Justice Coalition is a national organization that focuses on issues important to us (SGL/black gays) and fights on our behalf. I donate fairly regularly to this organization. Check it out!
- And this is NBJC's YouTube Channel.
- Yes, R586, it's very interesting information. But it doesn't surprise me.
Mrs. Obama was in La Jolla California today. I grew up there and lived very close to the home she visited. My parents were actually at the fundraiser today and had the chance to speak with her. I wish I could have been there, I've never seen her in person. Have any of you seen her in person?
- Michelle needs to own it and be more than the presidents wife. I believe she can.
- I cannot believe this essay:
- She can R591 and I suspect that she will. She's a very bright and capable woman but unfortunately that makes many people uncomfortable. As a result, she had to become much less outspoken and take sort of a back seat in order to not appear threatening. That's the world we live in. My parents told me that there were people at the fundraiser today telling Michelle that she should run for president one day. I admire her a lot.
- I believe Michelle will surpass her husband.
- Yes r594.
- Has someone started Part VII yet??
- Somebody please start VII right away.
- yay almost another thread...
I don't mind guys being in the closet but I've noticed 2 extremes mostly with gay blacks-either very down low and sometiems homophobic-acting OR super queeny and femme. I want to find casual, masculine guys who are secure with themselves and accept others.
- Sister Sledge?
- New thread started.