- Not likely to happen. Madonna is OVAH!!
- Revenues are not income.
Revenues less expense are income.
She'll only clear a couple of hundred million.
- Due to EXTREME lack of any serious competition.
- It's Gross Revenue R3, and even after taxes, and other expenses she'll clear over $100 million. How much will your net income be this year?
- Pathetic attempt to distract attention from the fact that's she's culturally irrelevant because she chose to make crappy, easy by-the-numbers pop music instead of maturing.
- Culturally irrelevant and pulling in half a billion dollars? I bet there are many young pop stars who wish they could be so "culturally irrelevant."
- Nostalgia sells.
- The Queen of Flop
- This makes me ill. How much do you think goes to charity? Or the people who worked on this? She's known to be cheap. Which makes her old sex shtick even more disgusting.
- OP = Madonna shiller. Take this shit to Star because the rest of us could give a rat's ass.
- After reading all these facts and figures, I now understand what the fanbots are saying. The album IS good!!!
- Madonna is still relying on her quality old songs to fill the concerts.
She needs to thank songwriters, Shep Pettibone and Jelly Bean Benitez for her longevity. These are the songs people really buy tickets to see her perform.
Any Autotuned bimbo could have had the same fame with such catchy songs as Vogue, Like a Virgin and Holiday. Madonna just got lucky.
- As for charity, some may go to her Jewish cult or a well-publicized "gift" to Malawi. Unless Malawi has already banned her worthless ass.
- Are we supposed to give a shit about some old greedy bitch who makes tons of money yet donates hardly any to charity? This greedy old bitch had the nerve to ask people to donate money to build a $15 million school in Malawi. Please! This bitch has half a billion in her bank account and she can't take $15 million of her own money to build that school??? That's when I knew she was one of the most disgusting greedy assholes on earth.
Oh, and that school still hasn't been built because the old greedy bitch won't fork out the money on her own. Sick.
- Money won't blunt the ravages of age.
- Try sleeping on that money madonna because you will never be relevant again.
- All the money doesn't make her cd better, but can you all at least admit that she is still popular? What other female is bringing in that type of money based on music she did 10-30 years ago?
- It costs 15 million to build a school in Malawi? Really? I thought it'd be like 10 cents a day or something.
- [quote]but can you all at least admit that she is still popular?
She's still popular to eldergays, but she's certainly hasn't gained any new fans in years. The charts are proof of that. She's not popular with Generation Y.
- [quote]but can you all at least admit that she is still popular?
She is still "popular" because she is relentlessly trying to stay in the spotlight. If she retired now, no one would ever miss her. When she lived in England and was absent form the US media market, no one gave her a thought over here.
- Haters will hate.
- R23 Hi Vadge!
- Let's be real about fame in a commodity culture like ours.
Stars *sell* pieces of themselves to people. Endorsed, official pieces.
Young acts, niche acts, true MUSIC acts, only tend to have on offer the music itself. The download, the album, a concert ticket. Their fame-based earnings will be reflected in chart statistics and boxoffice grosses.
Rihanna makes in a year what Madonna makes in a few weeks because Madonna is pushing a fortune through cash registers and it's NOT 99 cent downloads she's selling. It's $9.99 for this, $49.99 that, $349.99 if you're splurging.
- Madonna took what she had as an underdog and managed to create her way into being the biggest female pop star of all time!!!
- LOL ..whatever are we supposed to care ???
- [quote]Madonna took what she had as an underdog
She was a college-educated young woman from a very middle-class family.
- She doesn't pay my bills, so who the fuck cares what this old hag's earning?
- Madonna is not still popular. If she were popular, he music would sell. She's a nostalgia act. This $500 million is a guesswork, and she pays for the tour. She is not making $500 million. Her movie bombed, her singles bombed, her album bombed, and her tour is not selling, regardless of what the CEO (who couldn't even get how many countries her album debuted at #1 in), of Live Nation says. Forbes has told the truth. Madonna is irrelevant.
- [quote]Rihanna makes in a year what Madonna makes in a few weeks because Madonna is pushing a fortune through cash registers and it's NOT 99 cent downloads she's selling. It's $9.99 for this, $49.99 that, $349.99 if you're splurging.
Madonna sold her album for $5.99 and gave it away with tour tickets and her perfume. She cheated. She even gave the single away.
Madonna wishes she could make what Rihanna makes. Madonna's money goes to Live Nation, who already cut her a check back in 2007. They own her brand, which is why she's opening gyms.
They're already cancelling dates for Madonna's tour. Meanwhile, Lady Gaga can't keep up with the demand. They're having to add more dates. Her tickets sold out in minutes. Meanwhile, Madonna's tickets have been sitting around for months. Don't forget that a huge portion of Madonna's tickets are bought up by legal scalpers.
The debate's over and silly. Madonna's a has-been. She's basically Cher. Madonna's fans can try to manipulate facts, but the end result is always going to remain the same. Europe turned its back on Madonna too. That's how much trouble she's in.
- Now do you understand why she keeps reinventing herself? It's better to be a billionaire than a millionaire. You gain more power and Madonna likes power and wealth.
I'm sure her daughter has no idea that girls on the western world don't grow up wearing designer clothes and having designer everything. She probably thinks only kids in the third world grow up designer-less.
- There is no money to be made selling music to teens today. They don't understand the concept of paying for music, they think it is free online to anyone, they are stealing it. So yeah Madonna makes money, she sells to a demographic who are used to paying for music, not stealing it.
- [quote]The debate's over and silly. Madonna's a has-been. She's basically Cher.
Maybe Vadge should do a residency in Las Vegas like Cher since Las Vegas is the place for nostalgia acts.
Oops - I forgot! That wouldn't work because Madonna can't even sell out the little 16,000 seat MGM Grand in Las Vegas, so even they don't care about her there!
- [quote]There is no money to be made selling music to teens today. They don't understand the concept of paying for music, they think it is free online to anyone, they are stealing it. So yeah Madonna makes money, she sells to a demographic who are used to paying for music, not stealing it.
Your excuse doesn't even make sense. If that's the case, why are Rhianna and Katy Perry's albums and singles selling like hotcakes, even though their demographic is teens?
Nice try though.
- Idiot at R34, Cher didn't do a residency at the MGM Grand. She did TWO dates there. Madge could certainly pull that off as well.
- Regardless of
how much money she makes
how many records she doesn't sell
how many awards she wins
how many tour dates sell out
People will continue to post articles and discuss her.
And for some reason, it's the haters that do this the most.
- But would you want to be her child, friend or a relative...you know she probably will leave you nothing in her will. After taking advantage of you all her life. She is not a kind person and the more needy you are, the more likely it is that she won't help you. I'm pretty sure the woman is simply mean.
- Actually do sound like a hater, even though I have enjoyed her music bur christ sake, I NEVER have heard one nice thing about her.
- Why aren't you queens screeching about Mick Jagger or any of the other has-been rockers a generation older than Madge who still keep touring and raking it in? Save your vitriol for those who really deserve it, like the fundy freaks and teabaggers.
- R 28... She barely went to college. I was talking about being an underdog with what little actual singing talent she had.. Being told she couldn't sing very well..
She went ahead anyway and did it... As an underdog and looks what happened...
- It's not fair! I'm almost broke and struggling and this bitch barely sings and make hundreds of millions of dollars
- "If that's the case, why are Rhianna and Katy Perry's albums and singles selling like hotcakes, even though their demographic is teens?"
I believe what he clearly said is that there is not a lot of money to be made selling music to people. He did not say they didn't move units.
When CD's were $16.98 and never on sale save for holidays, and CD singles were $3.49-4.99 and never on sale save for Mariah Mottola releases, AND a few hit songs would move 2-3 million albums and 3-5 million singles ... FUCK was there money to be made.
Michael and Madonna and Barbra and everyone else with a dinosaur deal from the 90's were making more money per unit sold than the units are now selling for.
A music career is just a launching pad for an endorsement career now.
The merh and adverts used to be side income.
- r19: how about Cher?
And as for male singers: Elton John? Paul McCartney? The Rolling Stones? U2?
They all make that kind of money because people love their old hits.
Madonna is still popular because of VOGUE and INTO THE GROOVE, not because of Celebration or Girl Gone Wild.
She IS a nostalgia act now.
- R44 Ironically, from what insiders have revealed from her tour rehearsals, there's hardly any old songs in her upcoming tour setlist. So you can bet there's going to be a lot of pissed casual fans.
- How much is Janet poised to earn in 2012? $100k from nutrisystems?
- Agreed, r45.
But if they are stupid enough to pay dollar to see a tour called 'MDNA tour', then they deserve what they're getting (namely her shitty new songs).
Secondly, Madonna herself is NOT receiving 500 million dollars. The bigger part of that goes to Live Nation, obviously.
Madonna might get something like 80 or 100 million in the end. Unfortunately, this will allow her to shoot another half-dozen movies. Needless to say, she is not 'done' with film-making yet - get ready for more bombs at the box office, financed by this tour.
She's become such a tool, really.
- lol, r46.
Janbot got his ass handed to him with this thread.
- yMadonna has been raked over the coals by critics and even her fans for her film career for nearly 30 years. When is she gonna get the big ass clue that she has zero talent behind or in front of the cameras? I think her only future in the entertainment industry IS a nostalgia act and possibly a reality show. Her best days are behind her music wise that is.
- [quote]How much is Janet poised to earn in 2012? $100k from nutrisystems?
You don't need to work when you've got a billionaire boyfriend.
Vadge on the other hand has to work to pay FOR her boytoys to stay with her old ugly ass, along with spending millions of dollars to make flop movies that leave her in the hole. Don't forget she also has to tithe the cult as well and pay for her Kaballah water and red strings. These things don't come cheap.
- "It's better to be a billionaire than a millionaire. You gain more power and Madonna likes power and wealth."
Yes, but deep down is she really a happy person truly content with her life? Power and wealth don't buy happiness. It's kind of sad that someone would put money and "Power" (whatever THAT means) above everything else.
I honestly can't imagine what her poor children have to deal with. Especially the two whom she never mentions anymore. You don't even see photographs of the poor kids.
As for the touring, I remember her spouting off many times during the RAY OF LIGHT era that she did not want to be fifty and playing arenas. She wanted to be retired from live performing by then.
So what happened?
- [quote]As for the touring, I remember her spouting off many times during the RAY OF LIGHT era that she did not want to be fifty and playing arenas. She wanted to be retired from live performing by then. So what happened?
I remember that! It was in that VH1 documentary she did with Rupert Everett and he asked her if she imagined herself performing pop songs at 50 like Mick Jagger and she shook her head as if it was ridiculous to even suggest that and said 'no'. Yet her she is at 54 pretending she's still in her 20's.
Amazing how things change, huh?
Washed up old hag
- Okrah said you always have the right to change your mind. Madge took the advice.
- It is shocking how such a high profile celebrity like Madonna is so unlikable. It is very difficult to generate any affection for her.
- Jealous, bitches?
- [quote]Jealous, bitches?
Jealous of her bank account? Yes.
Jealous of her? Hell fucking no.
- Well, you know, Mick Jagger once said he couldn't imagine singing "Satisfaction" at 40. A lot of us say things when we're younger because we can't conceive of how fast time will fly.
As for the suggestion that "casual fans" will hate the show that is heavy with new material, I don't think Madonna has casual fans like that anymore. They started drifting away when she pandered to the tail-end baby boomer gays and the Gen X gays with the "Confessions" album. I think Madge was counting on subsequent generations of baby gays jumping on her bandwagon, but that has not, and will not happen.
She's painted herself into a corner, one in which her die-hard fans first and foremost praise her for "looking great!" and earning a lot of money. They ignore the decline in quality of the product she is selling, and her apparent lack of interest, because they prefer to somehow associate with her success as if it reflects on them in some way.
- Per Madonnas 2007 contract with Live Nation she qill receive 90 percent of her tour gross and 70 percent of merchandise sales. If the tour makes 300 million she would receive 270 million! Of course ta es and her managers salary also come into effect. Billboard. Onfirmed that tbe MDNA TOUR is on track to become the higheat grossing tour of the year in both the US and worldwide it will also be the years most attended ( tickets sold) deztroying Gagas tour. Her lazt tour the Sticky and Sweet tlur grossed a re ord breaking 408 million on just 85 shows while Gagas Monsted ball tour groased over 200 million on over 200 shows less than half of Queen Madonna with twi e as many shows. Any madonna fan knows that she only performs a handful of classics on her tours so I don't thi k that she's selling out for being a nostalgiic act she's selling out and making record breaking Money because she's Madonna and popular the world over and people still wanna see her. As for MDNA being a flop its currently the 5th biggest selli g album of the year so far worlwide with 1.2 million sold in just six weeks she has already outsols recent albums by other lengendary artists like Bruce Springsteen van halen ans paul mccartney so if madonnas album is a flop what's THEIR albums xlassified as? By my estimates Madonna herself will end up making between 250 and 300 million this year becore taxes and her managers fee she will once again break her own record for highwst annual earnings for a female musical performer and become the highest paid enterirtainer this year. She will also make more than nritney
- As I was sayin she will make more money than Britney Rihanna Katy and Gaga combined this year! As for the person who posted that Madonna wishes she had as much money as Rihanna that maybe the funniest statement I've heard my entire life! Madonna is verified by forbes and guinness as the richest female recording artist of all time with a net worth between 600 million and 1.1 billion dollars and that's before this years gross. Haters spreading false information need to deal with it or just shut up. Mado.na the biggest selling over 300 million albums sold and highest tour grossing and richest female artist of all time still going strong!
- I bet Guy Ritchie is kicking himself for divorcing her a few years too early.
- The person at r58/r59 who is struggling with the English language forgot that she also has to PAY for the enormous production costs of her tour.
She is NOT going to get 300 million from this tour.
80-90 million after taxes is moer likely.
Oh, and FlopDNA IS a flop, honey. It was the inaugural release for a new label, anticipated as a return to form, and yet it SANK LIKE A STONE, together with its two floptastic singles.
It's easily the lamest album of her career, trumping even American Life.
The general public has passed this album over, and she is not going to sell more than 1.2 million units now. Why? Because the album is DOWN in EVERY album chart AROUND THE GLOBE - there is literally no-one left to purchase it.
- ^^unhinged looney meltdown^^
- r47, and r61=same tired OLD queens whose diapers are in a bunch because they know they can't start another "FLOPDna" or whatever thread.
To suggest she's not relevant while banking half a billion (who gives a fuck if she herself only nets $200 million--dude, it's HALF A BILLION DOLLARS)
Hons, I hate to break your hip bones, but it's more than "fantards" who are gobbling up her merchandise.
She is a global icon.
Get over it.
- Is r58/r59 mlop? She seems to be missing a few letters on her keyboard along with some marbles.
- I see the FlopDNA troll is back...and in a new thread!
Keep your meltdown going girl...
Seriously, I love the posts from "haters" who actually remember specific quotes from an 8-year-old interview. REALLY?
- The 'flop troll' IS the actual flop here. She's a closeted fan!
- First off per her live nation contract Madonna receives 90 percent of the profits for the tour. Rolling Stone said the tour is expected to gross about 500 million the show costs reportedly 100 million to produce. That's a 400 million profit for which Madonna will make 90% of you do the math! She also receives 70% of all merhansise sold which could be as much as 45 million extra in her pocket. MDNA will easily sell 2 million by years end it is still high on the Unites World Charts and the tour hasn't even begun yet. If MDNA is a floo than what are mccartney springsteens ans van halens album which Madonna already outsold I'm waiting?
- "To suggest she's not relevant while banking half a billion (who gives a fuck if she herself only nets $200 million--dude, it's HALF A BILLION DOLLARS)"
Can you explain how income = relevancy, r63? What I see are exorbitant prices, of COURSE that means high grosses.
- [quote]First off per her live nation contract Madonna receives 90 percent of the profits for the tour.
Do you really believe all the press releases that come from Vadge's camp? These are the same people who flat-out lie and say her tour is sold out when anyone can go on Ticketmaster and find plenty of dates available for almost every date. Stop being so naive.
- It's been an awfully long time since the FlopDNA Troll has chimed in. Don't tell me it's been Prime Time all day!
- The FlopDNA Troll is busy changing his husband Elton's diapers.
- A South American leg and an Australian leg...her legs certainly have to be spread far apart for her to make any money.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
- 'MDNA will easily sell 2 million by years end'
No, it won't.
- I love r72!
- samo = Lourdes
- I believe Lourdes has a better grasp of the English language, though.
samo = Jesus, still on Madonna's payroll.
- r68: Paul McCartney makes a billion dollars off the Beatles' catalogue, the Rolling Stones' tours regularly make that much money, Cher raked in the millions, etc.
And just like all those people, Madonna is now culturally IRRELEVANT.
The reason we're taking her down a notch (or two)?
Madonna craves cultural relevancy. That's why she's doing those tours, releasing records (even though she's lost interest in music), opening gyms, writing children's books, and -- shooting films, even though they are prefabricated flops.
She WANTS and NEEDS attention - unlike Springsteen or McCartney.
And THAT, sweetheart, is the true reason why *her* album is a FLOP, and *theirs* (Springsteen etc.) isn't.
They don't crave it, and she does.
She fell flat on her face, and they didn't.
Deal with it!
- It has sold over 12 million units worldwide. At least there's that!
- 1.2 million units, r78.
And it won't even get to 1.3, since it is DOWN on every chart, EVERYWHERE.
There is no hit single advertising the album to casual pop fans.
It's a flop.
- R79, when adding up the global certifications at the bottom of this link (which doesn't include USA), I get 11.5 million.
I'm assuming that at least another million units worldwide have shipped outside of these certifications.
- r80, from the very link that you provided:
'but also achieved the largest second-week percentage sales drop for a number-one debuting album of the Nielsen SoundScan era'
'and the biggest second-week percentage drop for a number-one debuting album in the Nielsen SoundScan era, surpassing Lady Gaga's Born This Way (2011) with 84.28% sales decrease.'
'In New Zealand, the album debuted at number three and becoming the highest debut peak of that week. However, the album descended at number thirty-seven, staying in the charts for three weeks. To date, this is Madonna's quick, but lowest studio album in that country.'
As for the UK:
'The album slipped to number seven in its second week and number 13 in its third week, making it the first Madonna studio album not to be in the top ten on its third week on the chart since 1984.'
Please be advised that she has sold 1.2 million copies so far, not 12 million (!). That has been well documented.
To get some perspective, please remember that Confessions on a Dance Floor (which came with a genuine hit single) sold 11 million copies, and Hard Candy (which was carried by '4 Minutes') shifted 4 million copies.
There is no way this album will even get to 1.5 million - it is currently at #65 in the US, and has probably sold something like 900 copies this week.
- I'm talking about WORLDWIDE units, R81.
Yes, I know it's doing poorly in the USA. My point is that it's shipped 11.5 million units worldwide, according to the worldwide certifications on the link I provided.
- Wrong, r82.
Worldwide sales are 1.2 million.
US sales: something like 500.000
The album did poorly OUTSIDE the US - which is very unusual for Madonna, usually it is the opposite for her.
The reason? Superbowl isn't watched outside the US, but Superbowl was the only promotion this album received, in the absence of hit singles.
Secondly, one more time:
WORLDWIDE SALES for Hard Candy were 4 million; 11 million for Confessions, and 5 million for American Life.
WHY would you think that MDNA would even ship 12 million copies, considering that it FLEW DOWN THE CHARTS in virtually every nation on earth?
Please let logic rule this debate.
- R81, here, since you have no aptitude for reading comprehension from my post, and must instead write a treatise about her poor American sales...I'll paste what shows for certifications:
Brazil 2× Platinum
Russia 5× Platinum
SINCE Gold equals 500K units shipped, and Platinum equals 1MM units shipped, we can add the global certifications up and get 11.5MM. This can easily be rounded up to 12MM when considering her USA units shipped.
I understand that 12MM units shipped does not equal 12MM units sold, but you didn't even underline that point in your rant at R81. Even so, if a country like Russia is at 5x Platinum, then it's a guarantee that at least 4 million units were sold.
My only point is that at least we can be grateful that she has sold over 12MM, and I think that's a safe bet given the copies sold in all other countries of release, which did not give her a certification.
- r82, it may have shipped 11.5 copies to record stores, but only 1.2 have been sold.
1.2 is the figure we're opearting with, as only 1.2 million people on planet earth have *purchased* this album.
This means that 10.3 million copies are sitting on the shelves, and will be returned to Interscope in due course.
- She has not sold 12 million copies of this album, r84.
Get that through your thick skull.
- Oh, and 'Gold' equals 500,000 in the US *ONLY*
'Gold' in Australia is something like 25,000.
In the UK it is 200,000 I believe.
Now it is clear why you are thinking she's shifter 12 million units. She hasn't!
- Are there always these types of meltdowns on Datalounge when the hag releases a record?
- Again, 'Gold' in Portugal is NOT 500,000 copies.
Neither is it in the UK, Mexico, the Netherlands or Austria - all those countries have SMALLER markets than the US, hence their 'Gold' certificate is awarded to smaller figures.
Please do your research before you let your American-centric thinking overrun this thread.
- LMAO at R84 trying to list little two-bit countries where she went "gold" in when "gold" means different numbers in different countries:
Portugal - 10,000 copies = Gold
Hungary - A lousy 3,000 copies = Gold
Spain - 20,000 copies = Gold
Nice try at trying to make things seem good when they're not.
Delusional Vadge Stans
- Oops. I was wrong. Sorry.
- So, if she is so rich, why can't she just retire and stop boring us with her mediocre music?
- The 90% of tour profits is from Live Nations press release in 2007 Madonna is a VERY shrewd business woman and always gets her way when it comes to making money. And I don't. Think mmadonna craves attention if anything that should be said if Gaga who does EVERY tv show to promote her album while Queen Madge turns them all down. Bottom line is when the year end official highest grossing tours and highest earning celebrities of the year lists by Forbes are out you will once again see Madonna in first place destroying her younger so called competition. Ac ording to the celebrity net worth website Madonna is worth 650 million prior to her take for this year making her already the rchest woman in music history. She is also the biggest selling female artist of all time with worldwide album sales of over 300 million. The highest grossing male or female toyring artist of all time and the artist with the most number 1 singles on the UNITED WORLD CHART. She wasn't kiddi g when she told Dick Clark that she wanted to rule the world. HATERS GONNA HATE
- Nobody is doubting she is the richest evah, you imbecile.
Her album is still shit, it's still a flop, and the general public has no time for her.
It used to be differen, you know?
Madonna's quality control was second to none. Back in the day she wouldn't have dreamed of releasing an album as insipid as FlopDNA.
She's a joke now, and your drivel in poor English is not going to change that.
- Madonna will see more tickets and make more money on her upcoming tour than any artist this year so much for the general public not caring about her. Which is better selling millions of tickets at 300 dollars during a recession or selling millions og albums at 10 dollars? In a couple more years albums are just going to be given out as free downloads tohelp promote an artists tour. Mark my words. Album sales mean nothing anymore.
- [quote]so much for the general public not caring about her.
The general public DON'T care for her anymore. Her only fans left are her hardcored die-hard gay fans that like to pretend it's still the 80's and 90's and who are stupid enough to pay $400 a ticket to see a stupid 2 hour show filled with shitty new songs. She is not gaining any new fans - the charts prove this.
- [quote]In a couple more years albums are just going to be given out as free downloads tohelp promote an artists tour. Mark my words. Album sales mean nothing anymore.
That recipe only works for a case like Madonna/MDNA, where she knows the album is rushed and lame, and she knows her reputation as A-List concert performer is still solid. It doesn't work for emerging artists at all, unless/until they have a reputation for delivering a good show live. It also doesn't work for artists who are far better in studio than live, like Imogen Heap and her precisely, obsessively multitracked vocals.
- If she's not gaining anymore fans than how come on every tour she's SELLING MORE TICKETS than the previous one her last tour she played to a record 3.5 million people with just 85 dates by comparison on Gagas monster tour she playes to 2.5 million people on a whopping 220+ dates. Its the same thing if madonna were releasing albums that were selling more than the previous one and breaking her own record so she's obviously gaining fans if she's playing to more people than she ever had before. There just not buying the new album when you can download it for free.
- Its similar to a film series if each sequel made more money and sold more tickets than the previous one would you say that the series is losing popularity and not gaining anymore fans? By the way I'm 23 hardly an eldergay and I know plenty of women and some straight men of all ages that love Madonna by the way I'm going to the first of her 2 sellout dates at Yankee Stadium to ser her
You know Yankee Stadium where they would never book Gaga for even one date because they know she couldn't sell it out.
- Samo, punctuation can be your friend too.
- Well, MDNA is her best album ever, in my opinion. I never even was a fan before. I only liked about one song off each album in the past. This new album has at least 8 songs that I keep re-listening to.
I know I'm not the only one thinking this.
- r68, what's so fucking hard to grasp?? To make already $500 million on the tour it is CLEAR AS DAY that it is NOT just her "fantards" that are buying the seats.
- Arguing with the FlopDNA troll is like arguing with Mitt Romney about global warming.
THEY JUST DON'T GET IT.
Despite a global recession, Madonna is going to have another record-breaking tour.
I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK THE RECORD ISN'T SELLING!
(and no...this isn't a MELTDOWN!)
Go on and dispute record sales in an internet piracy age. The proof is in the $$$.
I just can't wait to see that asshole from Forbes magazine eat crow and report the most lucrative tour sellout by a single artist.
- I love her...I just love her so much!!!
- r103: meltdown du jour from the "You must be a Republican!" troll.
Her CD flopping is proof that she is culturally irrelevant now - in a zeitgeist sense.
Like Cher, McCartney, U2 and the Stones, her tours still attract many people - because of fondness for old hits.
Like Cher, McCartney, U2 and the Stones, she is NOT gaining legions of new fans. It's an up-and-down of OLD FANS who are attending her tours: this year, Superbowl has brought her back to many of her OLD FANS, who were reminded of her, so she has surplus of old fans buying tickets.
That's about it, but the braindead fanbots on this thread are too myopic to see that. Quelle surprise!
Oh, and they hate the name 'FlopDNA'.
- she is still a miserably unhappy woman
- r101 must be joking.
- So she's going to earn $500 million, yet she can't come up with the $15 million to build schools in Malwai?
Sounds like one fucking greedy cunt.
- R103 You're absolutely right, she's making pissloads of money. Good for her.
R105 You are right - Madonna's CD hasn't sold very well. It's probably a combination of many factors - including the fact that these songs are, sorry, not that spectacular.
And also, very, VERY few artists are selling big numbers these days. None of the people listed in your post are selling much.
In comparison to their older material, yes they are flops. Fleetwood Mac sold hundreds of millions and Stevie can't move the units these days.
But EVERYTHING these days is all about the concerts. That's why some artists, like Prince, are starting to **give away** their new CD's, because in the big scheme of things no one gives a fuck and only the record co. makes money.
The artist makes ALL the money on the SHOWS. Which is why Grandmadonna is charging $300+ for tickets, so she can get that cash.
Girls! Girls! You're both annoying. Now STFU.
- r109: lame attempt at being 'impartial', while trotting out the same argument her fanbots constantly use: it's all about the TOUR !!!
No, sweetheart, it's not all about the tour.
Madonna moved heaven and earth to get her first single ('Give Me All Your Luvin'') into the TOP TEN, even though barely anyone purchased it. *She cares about the charts*
She employed Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. to sound and look zeitgeisty.
She shot a video for her second single - needless, if this really were 'all about the tour'.
Are you new to Madonna? She is the ultimate attention-seeker, and has been for decades. She does NOT want to be just another touring artist, like Cher or McCartney (and yet she is, forced by circumstance).
The album was intended to SELL, but it hasn't, because she took zero time to come up with interesting songs.
A flop movie, a flop album, two floptastic singles, and a zeitgeist that no longer needs her.
The tour is all she has left, and you can bet that she's pissed off about it.
- How is madonna an attention seeker? She's just doing her thing and entertaining people what's wrong with that? Let's not forget that MDNA debuted at no1 in a WHOPPING 37 countries and it still has the biggest openining week numbers in the US and WW so far this year yes the album has been dropping down the charts and it suffered a MASSIVE 88% drop in week 2 in the US but when all is said and done it will still have WW sales of 1.5 to 2 million by years end and make the year end (barely) top 10 biggest selling albums of 2012 list. That's hardly the disaster the madonna hating media are making it out to be you also gotta realize that most artists (especially 30 years in the game) would be quite happy with those numbers especially in this day and age.
- [quote]Let's not forget that MDNA debuted at no1 in a WHOPPING 37 countries
*sigh* How many times do we have to go over this you idiot? Debuting at number 1 doesn't mean shit when your album plummets down the chart the following weeks. This is her worst-selling album of all time and made the embarassing record of biggest sales drop of all time. Is that something to be proud of? And don't start with the "people don't buy records like they used to" because Lionel Richie's album is still selling like hotcakes and it was released the same day as FlopDNA and Adele is still in the Top 10 even though her album has been out over a year.
- "when all is said and done it will still have WW sales of 1.5 to 2 million by years end"
and you predict this based on what?
The album is dooooooooown, in *every* chart around the globe.
It's not possible for her to even reach 1.4, let alone 1.5 or 2 million (!)
No way, no how.
- Agreed, r112.
The fanbots *wish* no-one bought CDs anymore, when in reality plenty of people still do.
Most frauen have no clue what torrent is, and they don't use iTunes or spotify either. They buy CDs when they like something.
Adele, Lionel Richie, Whitney's Greatest Hits, Maroon 5, Katy Perry, Coldplay, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Iver, Foster the People, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson - they all sell CDs.
Madonna herself managed to shift 4 million copies of Hard Candy, because it came with a popular single.
The reason the general public have deserted her this time is because FlopDNA is SHIT. S-H-I-T.
- [quote]Madonna herself managed to shift 4 million copies of Hard Candy, because it came with a popular single.
And the only reason that single was popular was because of Justin Timberlake. She was hoping to use the "duet with the flavor of the moment" strategy using Nicki Whorenaj and M.I.A. on the first single of FlopDNA, but the song was so terrible that even bringing the flavor of the moment strategy didn't work this time around.
- Her album failed because no one believed she's still a girl.
- For the millionth time MDNA did not have the biggest drop of all time it had the biggest second week drop of an album to debut at no. 1 of the Soundscan era which dates back to 1991 that's hardly "of all time". And you know who had that record before Madonna Ladt Gaga with her Born This Way album! MDNA has sold 1.2 million copies in just it's first 6 weeks out it is currently the fifth biggest selling about of the year so far worldwide. The new official United World Chart lists the album as the 14th biggest selling album in the world the past week as soon as the tour kicks off sales will stabalize or even increase especially in places like Australia and South America whi h saw a HUGE incrwase in sales when she toured there the last time for Hard Candy. Are the albums sales a dissapointment yes? Is the album a flop? Definitely no Does Madonna seem to care? Hell no if she did she would be doing tons of TV shows to promote it even she knows album sales mean nothing anymore and there's no money to be made in it so why bother promoting. Also according to the Guinness Book of World Records and the IDPI she is the biggest selling female artist of all time qith over 300 million albums sold so she really has NOTHING to prove anymore. I'm vonna go on youtube and watch the Queens Rock and Roll hall of fame induction from 2008 you know where that no talent fraud Lady Gaga will never be
- the FLOPDNA troll is more desperate for attention than Madge!
and I hate both of them.
- MDNA HAS outsold sprigsteens newest CD as well as mccartney van halen and lionel ritchie (worldwide with ritchie but not in US) so of any veteran performer still releasing cds madonna is still outselling them why doesn't the media report that? In six weeks MDNA outsolf Springsteens albums ten weeks worth of sales how come there's not a bunch of articles talking about HIS album flopping? Its pretty obvious that most of the media HATES Madonna and are jealous of her continued success because she's a survivor and not a victim. And she's not gonna be found dead ina a bathtub from an overdose bankrupt (whitney) or dead and bankrupt with a needle in her arm (mj). As for 4 mimutes yes it was a duet but EVERYBODY in music duets nowadays so what. It was also her record breaking 37th top 10 single on Billboard and the only one before GMAYL that has a guest artist on it as opposed to pop stars today where at least half of their hits have guest artists. I was just on the IFPI website looking at the 100 biggest selling artists of all time worldwide list and Madonna's at no.4 only the beatles elvis and mj have sold more in music history
SO ONCE AGAIN SHE HAS NOTHING TO PROVE ANYMORE.
- [quote]SO ONCE AGAIN SHE HAS NOTHING TO PROVE ANYMORE.
So why doesn't she just go away and focus on raising all those kids she has?
- Is this samo figure a troll? Surely nobody can authentically be this invested in Madonna.
- Madonna fan meltdowns never get tiring.
By the way, the album is called MDOA.
- Note to some of the dopes on here:
Stating facts is not a meltdown. Providing links to facts are not a meltdown.
Supposed ex-fan who knows every lyric to every song on an album they supposedly "hate" = Meltdown.
Supposed ex-fan replying to EVERY positive post with a negative one =
Try wrapping your brain around that one.
- Hey! I think I put FlopDNA in her place. It's been two hours and no MELTDOWN!!!
Hmmm. She must be busy listening to MDNA on Spotify...
- r123 is having another meltdown.
- [quote][R68], what's so fucking hard to grasp?? To make already $500 million on the tour it is CLEAR AS DAY that it is NOT just her "fantards" that are buying the seats.
She's not making $500 million on her tour. You must have Assburgers.
- [quote]Madonna is going to have another record-breaking tour.
Nope. Just like with her current album, she hasn't broken any records. Her tickets are taking forever to sell, unlike 5 years ago when they sold out in 10 minutes. These tickets have been sitting for months.
- [quote]And you know who had that record before Madonna Ladt Gaga with her Born This Way album!
That's because unless Lady Gaga sold a million copies after her first week, it was going to have a major drop. Nice try, dumbass.
- [quote]Just like with her current album, she hasn't broken any records.
Now, now. She most certainly did break records with her current album...as the biggest second week sales drop in HISTORY!
- [quote]Let's not forget that MDNA debuted at no1 in a WHOPPING 37 countries and it still has the biggest openining week numbers in the US and WW so far this year yes the album has been dropping down the charts and it suffered a MASSIVE 88% drop in week 2 in the US but when all is said and done it will still have WW sales of 1.5 to 2 million by years end and make the year end (barely) top 10 biggest selling albums of 2012 list.
MDNA went to #1 in 20 countries. Her label lied, as did her manager who gave a different number.
Secondly, she cheated. She gave the album away for free, even forcing people to purchase her first single. Don't forget that she payed for worldwide airplay.
MDNA will not sell 2 million. It is out of the Top 40 in the UK, and everywhere else for that matter. It is the biggest flop of her entire career.
She failed. Failed movie, failed singles, failed album, failed perfume, and now a tour that will be nothing to write home about. Sure, it'll get Top 10 Tour of 2012, but then how many pop tours are there? A huge chunk of her seats are being sold by companies who in turn sell them to legal scalpers. She's having trouble selling out in Europe, and is having to cancel dates. Sorry, but the Queen of Flop is over.
- Not to be all Scottish up on in here, but those figures are all Gross, not Net.
She'll be lucky to net 80M from it all.
- greedy bitch!
- For the record, speaking as a huge Madonna fan, MDOA is MUCH more clever than FlopDNA.
- Sorry R133. None of it is clever. According to FlopDNA, it is pointless bitchery.
There is a difference!
Notice none of FlopDNA's posts in Wit&Wisdom.
- "as the tour kicks off sales will stabalize or even increase"
In your dreams!
- I love how the fans (and r133 is one of them) hate the name 'FlopDNA'.
FlopDNA it is!
Too bad Madonna picked a title that could be turned into a joke so easily.
She's a flop there too!
- R110 - bitch, please. I didn't take sides in your petty little queen war because I could give a fuck about Madonna.
In general, artists are making almost ALL of their money in touring, regardless whether their records sell one or one billion copies.
I'm sick of hearing about this washed up old hag.
Now, please go fuck yourself on a rusty iron spiked dildo.
- R134 is having a meltdown.
- I'm trying to figure out why Flopdonna's fans are so excited about her getting the money that they're giving her.
- r137 is continuing the lame argumentation.
You've been called out on your idiocy, but of course that hasn't stopped you from making more idiotic statements.
So you are 'sick of hearing about this washed up old hag' - and yet you enter this thread, lecturing people like the little busybody you are, on the very topic you profess to hate.
What a joke you are.
- As r131 was saying: she won't make more than 80 million from the tour and merchandise, net figure.
- lol armchair critics .opinions are like assholes theres a lot of em. get off yr ass and do something with yr life which that "greedy old bitch" clearly has and surely dont give a fuck what some twats who are sitting back focusing on her life thinks
lol if u dont see the irony in that oh well.human nature can be a very sad sad thing sometimes
- All the made up hype-numbers in the world won't mean a thing until the actual deposits are made. I predict the gal will be running a deficit in the real world. She's too old to be selling herself, and her music is mostly for the elderfay clientle. God knows we of the eldergay world are tight fingered fairies.
- R142 = British Madonna Fan
Evidently there are SOME left.
- What a bunch of idiots you all are. Madonna's new album is great and there were teens sleeping outside the stadium overnight at the packed concert in Italy I attended. The concert was fucking great as well. If there's anything she didn't do right it was not having a promotional campaign for the album. But, I love it!
- Poor thing is going through menopause anyway.
- Whatever the net is, it would motivate me to retire and sit on the French Riviera all day (Think: estate in "DirtyRotten Scoundrels.").
- Does she ever come across as passionate about her music? I've never seen that.
- You hit the nail on the head, r146, that's exactly what the problem for DL Madonna-haters is: she's a woman and not just a woman but an older woman. And not just an older woman but an older woman who is doing just what she wants and not shutting up and hiding in the corner. You twits really can't deal with it, can you.
- Wow, R149. Such vitriol.
Are you going through menopause, too?
- Have you heard of Diamanda Galas, R149, or would that offend your K-Mart emotions?
She's not a girl gone wild. Just a girl gone corporate.
- Ugly greedy selfish souls, pop stars like Jagger and Mad. If she were repulsive Mick with a dick she be seeding more kids from awful skanks.
- So she's rich. Who the fuck cares?
Her fangurls are some of the most pathetic people on earth. The poor souls worship her and she couldn't give a rat's ass about them, except as a means to an end.
Madonna's pretty pathetic herself these days: hauling out her titty, flashing her 53 year old buttocks, "breaking down" onstage. You'd think that at her age her insatiable need for attention would abate somewhat, but it hasn't. When she's 80 she'll pulling out her tits and ass and crotch for all the world to see. What a sad, sad human being she is.
- R150, you again prove my point, although you wouldn't be able to understand why.
Yes, r151, I have heard of Diamanda Galas. I've even heard of Maria Callas. Why? Are you under the mistaken impression that you have some kind of cutting edge, arty farty taste in music that makes you really cool and, like, deep? I guess Diamanda Galas has gone through the menopause too, which would make her crap, according to r150. Maria Callas dealt with becoming an older woman by simply dropping dead at the age of 53 (same age as Madge!), which all the haters here would seem to think is the only "solution" for Madonna.
Poor Madge. On the one hand she gets trashed for not being like Rihanna, on the other for not being like Diamanda Galas!
You people just can't cope with the fact that other people love Madonna. What's your problem with that? What's the source of your hate? Frustration in your own lives? The fact your own existences are small and pathetic and you can only make yourselves feel "big" by bashing what you think is an easy target (a 53-year-old woman in pop music)?
Yeah, I know the answers: flop flop, grandma not girl, corporate, menopause, blah, etc. So pathetic.
- Oh, full of accusations about nothing R154.
- "You people just can't cope with the fact that other people love Madonna. What's your problem with that? What's the source of your hate? Frustration in your own lives? The fact your own existences are small and pathetic and you can only make yourselves feel "big" by bashing what you think is an easy target (a 53-year-old woman in pop music)?"
You can't cope with the fact that other people hate Madonna. What's YOUR problem with that? Do you think she's beyond criticism and dislike? It seems to me she's done a lot in her life to warrant all the disgust and animosity that some people have towards her. Your obvious worship of her is unhealthy, to say the least.
I think it's the Madonna fangurl's existences that are "small and pathetic." Their adoration of her gives their lives some modicum of meaning. Sad to think that the blind worship of an unapproachable celebrity would give meaning to someone's life, but it appears that Madonna's fans need their Madge to convince themselves they have a life.
- Goodness, R154, I was a huge Madonna fan in the 80s. Yes. I am that old.
But now I find her to be shallow and grotesque. A mere shadow of her former self. And it's never pretty to see someone over 50 desperately trying to cling to her youth.
- r145 is hilarious!
Her album is WEAK, sweetheart. That's why it sank like a rock in every chart around the world.
'Give Me All Your Luvin'? Most uninspired lead single of her entire career.
'Girl Gone Wild'? Tired techno from the 90s.
'I'm a Sinner', 'Superstar', 'Love Spent'? lame, forgettable music.
Madonna has stopped caring about her music, and so has the public. Deal with it!
- Sure, r156, I can cope with the fact that some hate (glad you acknowledge it's hate) Madonna. Go ahead and hate! But, can you haters at least acknowledge that there are very many of us who genuinely love Madge and her music, and not because we're brainwashed "fangurls" or whatever but because we genuinely like it? Enjoying Madonna's music and pointing this out to those who claim it's crap is "worshipping"? Seems like you're the one with the extreme, twisted emotions who believes that everyone else has to feel the same way you do.
So, I accept that you hate and you at least try to acknowledge the fact that there are millions around the world who love Madonna and her music and her shows. Deal with it!
R158, you're hilarious! I think "I'm a Sinner" is absolutely fucking fantastic, think "Love Spent" is great, really like the other tracks you mention, plus I think "Turn up the Radio" and "Bday Song" are fucking awesome. According to you, however, I'm not meant to like them, I'm meant to find them "weak". But, I don't. Am I wrong to like these songs?
Oh, and MDNA has scored higher on any chart than Diamanda Galas ever did.
- r159, I think it's great that you enjoy her lame album! Please listen to it as often as you can.
The thing is: the general public has NOT enjoyed her album, and that is why it FLOPPED.
Yes, it did race down the charts, at record-breaking speed, AROUND THE GLOBE.
Not even her fans downloaded 'Girl Gone Wild' - neither the single, nor the remixes. You know you're in deep shit when BBC Radio 1 - a stalwart Madonna supporter for decades - refuses to play your new material.
This was her inaugural release for a new label, meant to show everybody she could still do it - and it turned out to be a commercial and artistic disaster.
- Madonna has made the same mistake that so many aging celebrities before her have made--instead of reinventing herself, she is trying to recapture her former self.
This approach simply doesn't work for the general population.
- [quote]This approach simply doesn't work for the general population.
I agree. She only made half a billion dollars this year, what a loser. Her time is ovah.
- Good - now she can go away and slouch her withered hanks toward Bethlehem to be born.
- It's only a matter of time before she goes all spread-eagle in Playboy just to prove how "desirable" she is.
The Sad Decline Continues...
- Glum cunt
- This shows selling your soul to the devil WORKS..
- Well, R162, it's such a relief to see that we agree on this point.
- Damn, R163. Now, that IS funny.
- I agree, I submitted a wit and wisdom for R163!!
- tsk tsk,,haters,haters,haters,,just mind ur own bussines guys and do something productive in order to improve ur way of living rather than bashing someone whos actually and completly unaware of your existence!!ur bash wont affect her fame and fortune,,and thats reality!!im not really a fan of her,,but i guess she deserves what she got right now bec,,she work for it..u guys should do the same way too,,theres a lot of ways to be productive!!
- "ur bash wont affect her fame and fortune"
That's true, r170. She herself is affecting her fame and fortune - by making every mistake in the book.
We're only laughing at her. No one on this board believes they're able to 'change' her.
Why are we laughing at her? Because she continues to charge top dollar for material that is pure shit - laughing at her is the least we can do.
She's being supremely arrogant to her 'fans', and us (former) fans are paying her back in kind.
- do people not read anymore? Madonna new school (that she paid for out of pocket) is open. As well, jealousy is what is ugly. So very sad the world has so much hate in it. Bullies get nowhere in life (well...welfare and free cheese), but none the less....
Madonna is one of the best and will always be a legend.
The world is full of Justin beibers (closeted gay), that will never, ever have the term "legend in music" attached to their name.
You go Madonna! I bet 1/2 of the 300+ pound people in this forum could only wish to look like you (almost 54) and they 25. So so very sad.
Hate kills. Religion teaches hate. Do the math assholes.
- Has "flashing the gash" curtailed ticket sales to the "most anticpated concert extravaganza of the year"?
Madge's Beef Jerky Lips
- r172: fan meltdown # 3497 ever since FlopDNA has *bombed* in every chart around the world.
You're right about one thing, fanbot:
Madonna once had a respectable music career. She truly was one of the greats.
But... her material, and her work ethic, have gone to seed. The wailing of the fans won't change the truth.
Her new album is lame, the tour set list is a joke, and Madonna just isn't trying anymore.
- "Bullies get nowhere in life ..."
Have you heard of Mitt Romney? Rush Limbaugh? Joan Rivers?
- Even though the reviews for her shows this year have been consistently negative, she's still gonna rake in all that money? lol wow. I guess people don't mind an old woman who doesn't sing most songs live (and when she does she sounds like crap), shows up 2 hours late to her own concert and starts preaching at you while you're distracted with circus tricks from her dancers...
- I'm trying to imagine what $100 million worth of filler looks like. A blue whale in knee boots?
- Erudite, too, r168!
(Love ya, r163!)
- Sorry, but I haven't read any bad reviews of her tour. In actuality, having seen it a few times throughout the world, I have heard nothing but good reviews. Guess haters will always be haters, and will always try to bring everything down around them.
- no, don't read what the idiotic "music critics" aka Vadge vagina suckers, say, read the comments section. In the most recent one in the LA times for example, some of the fans were quite unhappy.
- Wow! How much does Madonna actually get to keep after all expenses, etc.?
- Wow, and she isn't even all that good at what she does! And her nastiness is legendary. Granted, she does seem to have a work ethic and a good business sense. Look what it got her, peddling that crap of hers. Imagine what someone like LiLo could accomplish is she would just sober up, shut up and WORK.
- The entity known as the Vadge Vampire preys on the weak sector within the gay community who are oblivious to her fraudulent and underhanded ways in order to make her living.
- She used to be excellent at her game, and actually made good music.
I can't believe she will release a fourth single off her uninspired album. The previous three have been spectacular flops, and this new single ('Superstar') will flop just as hard.
A blind man can see that.
- Congratulations! It's the most lucrative "oldies" act of all time!
- "Here's a breakdown of what she's poised to pocket in 2012..."
"Industry insiders say $75 million in tour merchandise sales is not unlikely."
"$60 million is expected in sales for her new perfume..."
"Insiders report that Madonna made $10 million from her recent deal with Smirnoff."
"The Queen of Pop is hoping to rake in $10 million in TV and DVD
- $500M - (expected +poised +not unlikely + hoping) = less than ten percent
- less than 10 % of $500 million is still ridiculous lol. Her stans are FOOLS for giving this cunt so much money. When will fags learn?
- wow and she has the nerve to show up 2 hours late to her shows? With people giving this money? this broad ain't got no shame.
- but it all means nothing if you don't have a man to come home to....
- Remeber when her worth was measured in hit singles and albums sales?
- hahaha LG but of course that's not important now. Only what she does well in counts :P and apparently only her concerts are making her money. Only people who pre-ordered album before they knew her shitty it would sound are the ones who bought it lmao
- I guess the masses haven't grown tired of her contrived act yet.
- Well she badmouthes Republicans and calls conservatives out on their shit so she ain't all bad.
- I'm going to summon the Janbot. At least Madonna will never have to degrade herself by appearing in a weight loss program advertisement on tv!
- but she'll degrade herself by flashing her 50+ tits and ass during concerts.
- OK, what more can be said that hasn't been said, umm: Erma Bombeck: "Learn the difference between success and fame, Mother Theresa is success, Madonna is fame" or "all that money and no class" or "all that money and not a thing to show for it" except a school in Malawi (??). I think the best way the rich can help is to give to environmental causes thereby benefiting everyone including the rich themselves and planet Earth. Why not give to an effort to bring back extinct bird species through cloning like the Great Auk, Carolina Parakeet or the Passenger Pigeon just to name three. I have been told that cloning, at least in that regard, is in its infancy right now. I suspect though that Madonna may want to clone herself.
"If the Holy Fathah wants to see me he'll have to come to one of my shows".
- lol R197 that's some Kaballah ish right there!
- R197 and that is the problem. The delusional Vadge stans and media members view her as someone who knows better than us how to live properly and think of her as a pop culture teacher when in reality she's nothing more than a talentless, greedy famewhore.
- I wonder what happened to that charity Madonna set up? Oh that's right it FAILED and I don't think she even spent any of her money while "working " on it.
- Madonna can't afford real pearls!
Madonna can't afford real pearls!
Madonna can't afford real pearls!
- I guess your suppose to shut up and die once your over 40.. There's alot of comments about her on here..and most of you are saying "Who cares about that old bitch.." Hmmmmmm??
- Madonna herself won't get 500 million, her empire will gross that. She is according to Forbes expected to make about $200 million herself this year, which will be the highest annual earnings of a musical performer in history
The main reason why she'll make so much is because her 2007 contract with Live Nation entails that she'll receive 90% of the PROFITS from her tours, MDNA tour will end ip grossing 300 mil by years end, tour cost about 100 million to create and to pay personnell, that's a 200 million profit, Madonna gets 90% of that plus other money from back catalogue sales, MDNA album sales, tour merchandise, perfume and fadhion line sales at Macy's, endorsements etc. Her 90% touring profit rate is by far the highest in the business, say what you will about her but when it comes to business deals and making money she's untouchable.
- Vadge has always been great at getting money...it's just her methods and her stealing and horrible stank attitude and lack of talent that put people off. No one accused her of being a bad businesswoman
- I don't hate Madonna because she's a successful woman. I hate her because she's a cunt. She's hardly a feminist. Talented men made her what she is. The bitch can hardly sing, hardly dance. She was just great at fame whoring. The spell she cast on the public is irrefutably Satanic. There's no other explanation for someone to have built an empire on so little of real value.
- I'm convinced Madonna had to make a deal with the devil in order to get the enormous success she has. It is mind-boggling how she became music royalty without possessing any raw talent.
- [quote]- $60 million is expected in sales for her new perfume, Truth or Dare, according to Women's Wear Daily.
And I am Marie of Romania.
- Oh no doubt Vadge sold her soul to Satan long ago. The things she has to done to people-stealing/copying/using/manipulating/lying/leaving in the dust...in order to build her career are simply despicable. It's a real shame that most of society views her as a positive female role model. She couldn't be anything further from that.
- She'll make a ton of money from her tour. Her clothing line and perfume are sales duds. That's why her PR isn't trotting out the sales numbers the way they do when one of her projects is a success.
- The Queen of Floppy TITS, is more like it!
- I used to be a fan but you couldn't pay me now to attend one of her shows.
Good for her if she really is making that much because it's her last hurrah.
- R209 actually her Macy's clothing line for young girls has been such a success that it has expanded into cosmetics and health and beauty products. She also has her own brand of sneakers and a collection of workout DVD's on the horizon(she's not in them she lends her name to them as it's her personal trainers workout) and her Truth or Dare perfume has been a such a success that there are plans for a men's fragrance next year(the gays will be all over that). As for her not having real talent I'm sorry you don't become the biggest selling female attist of all time and one of the most successful stars EVER without having some talent. She may not have the strongest voice in the world, but her ability as a songwriter and priducer to put together a catchy song (with the right collaborators) is talent enough. Her current tour will be the years highest grossing and will join her previous tour among the top 10 tours of all time, this is when her real talent comes out, her captivating stage presence, and her classically trained dance routines, which make her more of a performance artist than a pop star. In some ways she's been even more successful than Michael Jackson when you look at het touring numbers on top of her album sales, because she's a woman whose still alive and has a controversial image she doesn't always get the respect she deserves that will change when she dies of course. Just last week Rihanna did an interview where she called Madonna "the Queen of Music" and said that she really wants to duet with her, Madonna still has that power.
- That's true, r212. She remains that influential.
However, she has lost her talent for "[putting] together a catchy song". Her singles are lame now, her last two albums were chasing trends instead of trying something new, her singing voice has become bitchy and unattractive - and consequently, the public is staying away from her new material. It has nothing to do with her age, either.
Her unquestionable influence is based on past triumphs, and on her unique star quality.
People continue to admire her despite her weak music, not because of it.
- R 213 you have a pont to an extent, but Hard Candy still sold 4 million worldwide and had her biggest selling single in the US with the huge hit 4 minutes(over 3 million sold) all at the age of 50. While I wasn't a fan of Hard Candy, I actually think MDNA is a really good album, the problem was it debuted at #1 in over 40 countries(including the US) but fell quickly do to lack of promotion and lack of radio play due to ageism, despite that MDNA was still certified gold, platinum or multi-platinum in every major music market which is unheard of for an artist in their 50's. The reason Madonna didn't promote the album is obvious there is NO money to be made from album sales nowadays especially for a huge touring/ merchandising artist like M you make your money elsewhere, so what's the point of doing huge promotion for an album when nobody buys albums anymore? The critic reviews for the album is also quite positive just look up its MetaCritic score on Wikipedia, so the misconception that it's a bad album after receiving so many positive reviews is false.
- r214 - you need to abandon the 'ageism' meme.
Age had nothing to do with her album racing down the charts. The music on it was LAME, LAME, LAME.
If she had released truly exciting music, she would have stayed on top. You do know that the public went CRAZY for her during Superbowl, on the Ellen show, etc.
There is a lot of good-will left for her, and people want her to do well.
But she blew it, and arroganly dumped truly uninspired music on the public.
Also, you are one of the few people who think MDNA is 'better than Hard Candy'. To my ears, it's the other way around. Hard Candy had the wrong producers, but it contained real songs, some of them enjoyable, others not so much.
MDNA only had rushed non-ideas of non-songs on it, plus weak collaborators. Neither they nor Madonna had ANY fresh ideas. None.
It's truly a terrible album.
- Secondly, r214, the reason many critics 'lauded' that album is the same reason the public went crazy for her during Superbowl:
THEY WANT HER TO DO WELL.
The reviews are not a true reflection on the quality of the album.
I know, this is hard for you to comprehend. Try it, though.
The album IS bad, and that IS why nobody bought her record (except her hardcore fans).
Also, her not doing any promotion is further proof that she cared nothing about her music this time around.
Yes, you CAN make money off record sales, if you are Madonna.
Yor interpretation of Madonna's non-promotion is very charitable indeed.
Face it, she knew the album was going to be a flop. So she didn't even bother.
- R216 wrong on a lot of levels. Madonna's contract stipulates that she receives one dollar for every album sold, so MDNA has sold 1.7 million copies(among the top 10 selling albums of the year worldwide so much for nobody buying it) she gets a dinky 1.7 million, if she would of promoted the shit out of it and it sold 3 mil, she would still only receive 3 millipn off of album sales, so in her mind it's not worth it, especially if you consider she hates doing interviews and performing on second rate TV shows (save that for Gaga). Madonna herself made 2 million alone this year off of one Yankee Stadium cooncert! And MDNA has been certified Gold in the US, which is a huge achievement for anyone in this low album sales climate, let alone an artist in their 50's. Springsteen, Striesand, Dylan, and McCartney all couldn't do it with their recent albums but Madonna does abd she's the one who people say has flopped?
- r209, actually Macy's is making HUGE $$ from the Material Girl line.
What I don't get is the sales #s for the perfume.
Where can you even buy it?
- R218 her perfume is sold exclusively at Macy's, and a second female fragrance and a men's fragrance are due out soon. Bye the way I saw Madonna in concert in Philly and she was AMAZING well woth the $300 ticket prices, her stage presence and sheer talent on stage are one of a kind. She makes the audience feel what she's feeling, it's hard to describe. Talking about MDNA underperforming, I'm surprised how nobody mentions how Mariah Carey's so called comeback single Triumphant flopped so bad that it didn't even chart on the Hot 100! Carey unlike Madonna is not a big touring act at all so has to rely on album sales to pay the bills, no wonder she joined American Idol.BY COMPARISON GIVE ME ALL YOUR LOVE the first single off MDNA went to #10 on the Hot100 and became her record extending 38th top 10 single(more than anybody in history), it also became her 27th certified single in history (more than any solo artist).
- r217, Madonna's relevance stands and falls with her chart success AND album sales.
Stop being obtuse.
And Madonna wants to be relevant - not as an act of the past, which is why she doesn't perform a lot of old hits, but as an act of TODAY.
Your entire premise is wrong.
Secondly, 1.7 million people buying her album is a huge flop, by Madonna's standards. Again, you're being willfully obtuse.
Thirdly, link to where she "earns one dollar per album". You're pulling this out of your ass.
Finally, Madonna doesn't "dislike doing interviews". How laughable. Madonna has sought the spotlight her entire career, and she basks in media attention.
You must be new to her.
- r220, actually, in today's standards selling 2 million cds is a hit.
Look at the sales #s of any other pop star (save for Adele). Rhianna's latest, for example, sold fewer than MDNA yet it contained smash radio hits.
- r219, the single was pushed to # 10 by Clearchannel - and dropped like rock once the buying public had had their say.
In the UK, it stalled at # 37.
(The UK had been Madonna's most loyal market for 30 years).
This album has been a disaster for Madonna, and an embarrassment for Interscope.
It's a big flop.
- You can tell Madonna is feeling the heat from Live Nation / Interscope, because they forced her to shoot a new video, for a fourth (!) single off this poorly received album.
They desperately want to make their money back.
There is no other reason why she would shoot a video, 9 months after the album was released, and 8 1/2 months after it began racing down the charts.
Needless to say, that fourth single ('Superstar') has flopped just as hard as the first three singles.
- They tried to flog a FOURTH single off of that unholy mess of an album? Oh,seeing Live Nation trying to extract every pound of flesh they can is going to be so sweet.
- r221: the album hasn't even sold 2 million.
Secondly, neither Adele nor Rhianna have a 120 million dollar contract that needs to be validated.
Considering Madonna gets 90 % of tour revenues, very little is left for Live Nation.
They're pissed, and that's why they forced her to release a third and fourth single, despite the album tanking.
Hard Candy, which included a genuine hit single, didn't even have a fourth single.
Desperation in camp Madonna/Live Nation/Interscope is obvious.
- R223 there is no fourth single and no fourth video has been shot either! In fact her manager said on Twitter a few months ago that there won't be a 4th single. Nice try though, you failed. As for the Clear Channel promotion, many artists receive this radio push, but the fact is the song went to #2 on itunes sales and sold almost 2 million downloads worldwide hardly a flop, in fact it's the first time this millenium that an artist in their 50's scored a top 10 hit on the Hot 100. That is how rare it is.
- Itmust KILL her to learn that Susan Boyle outsells her and that old bag doesn't even tour!
- r226, well stated.
END THREAD> Yes, MDNA wasn't a huge hit, but times are CHANGING folks. It's not about album sales.
it's about exposure. Touring. Merchandising. Television. Youtube.
- R220 Madonna's publicist said it best that Lady Gaga does six times the promo Madonna ever did. Hell Madonna released albums like True Blue and Like a Prayer without even doing a SINGLE tv interview or tv show or awards show performance. That is unheard of in this day and age of media saturation. Madonna told Ellen, in a rare TV interview, that her manager is always trying to get her to do more press and that Madonna always turns everything down. Madonna even turned down the Superbowl at first, but was eventually talked in to doing it. By the way Barbara Striesands duets album sold 50,000 copies worldwide in it's first week and MDNA sold 800,000 copies worldwide in it's first week SIXTEEN times Striesands opening sales yet Madonna is the one with the floo album?
- r226, you're worse than the Janbot.
Madonna has only had ONE hit single in the last five years, namely '4 Minutes'.
Every other single has been a flop: 'Give it 2 Me', 'Miles Away', 'Celebration', 'Revolver', 'Girl Gone Wild', 'Turn Up The Radio'.
'Give Me All Your Luvin'' received maximum promotion via Superbowl, and still dropped like a ROCK in week 3, once Clearchannel was done with the single.
And they didn't even release 'Beat Goes On', which had "intended single" written all over it.
Btw, you yourself just confirmed the lack of interest in MDNA. So why isn't there a fourth single, if people are supposedly all over the album?
The truth is, Madonna has stopped caring about musical creativity. She's interested in films, merchandise, and touring.
She is done with music, and the public is done with her new material in kind.
- r228: then why release an album at all?
The Vadgebots make no sense, as usual.
People aren't flocking to her concerts to hear 'Miles Away' or 'B-day song', are they?
She releases albums with the intention to STAY RELEVANT - which isn't happening, because the public has flushed her album down the toilet.
Madonna's relevance is entirely based on past glories, and that, sweethearts, makes her a NOSTALGIA ACT - which she doesn't want to be.
Thus her pushing out more albums, chasing trends, and artifically generating a top ten single.
The 'chasing trends' thing alone speaks volumes about her neediness, and desire to be an act of TODAY.
- r229: more imbecility from the bots.
Madonna didn't need to do promotion, because she had MTV on her side - which was one big vehicle of promotion.
Her videos alone advertised her albums, and everybody was watching them.
MTV is now gone, and consequently, new acts like Gaga need to do more promotion.
- R227 why would Madonna care if Boyle outsells her? Madonna is the biggest selling female artist of all time, get it OF ALL TIME. The funny thing is even Boyle cited Madonna as an inspiration and did a cover version o.f her hit You'll See and do you think for a second that if Boyle did tour she would be able to come close to the record breaking success of Madonna's tours? Madonna has the 2 top grossing tours by a female artist and since 2001 alone has generated ticket sales of over 1.1 BILLION. Making her the highest grossing solo touring artist (male or female) of all time. And you will sit down now.
- Meltdown alert!!!
- R231 Madonna still makes music because she WANTS too. Why does Paul McCartney or Aretha Franklin still make music? Because they want to. I have no problem with Madonna being a nostalgic act because any artist that has been around for 30 years becomes a nostalgic act whether they like it or not.
- Here are the worldwide album sales of Madonna since 2005. Confessions on a Dancefloor sold 10 million, Hard Candy sold 4million, greatest hits album Celebration sold 3million, and MDNA sold 1.7 million. That's nearly 19 million in sales since 2005 it's really amazing numbers for an artist who first debuted in 1982. Her worldwide record and single sales stand at over $320 million(per the Guinness Book of Records website, where Madonna has won over 20 world records). By comparison Cher who debuted 20 years before Madonna has worldwide record and single sales of $100 million. That's how successful Madonna is.
- Don't anyone tell Alan, whose cringe-inducing writing style is pretty much Tom Bianchi: The Next Generation
- "the album hasn't even sold 2 million."
Worldwide it has.
- Two million worldwide?? *giggle*
Taylor Swift. One Million. One week. United States.
- r238: worlwide it has NOT sold 2 million.
Her global total stands at exactly 1.7 million.
Not even 1.8, but: one million and seven hundred thousand copies.
- R239 we can talk when Swift sells over 320 million albums and is the biggest selling female artist of all time, especially when you consider Swift is pretty local and not a huge seller outside the US. We can talk when Swift sells out stadiums the worl over and has the 2 highest grossing tours by a female of all time the Sticky and Sweet tour which grossed $408 million and the MDNA tour which is on it's way to a $300-325 million gross. Swifts tour did gross an impressive $140 million but nowhere near Madonna's league despite the fact Swift did more shows.
- r235: MDNA has clearly demonstrated that she hasn't liked her music.
Nothing could sound more forced than "Give Me All Your Luvin' "
She HATES making new music, and you couldn't be more wrong.
The one thing Madonna cares about, creatively, is MOVIES. *THAT* is what she enjoys - hence spending 3 years on a film, and 2 months in the recording studio.
Clueless, myopic fanbot you are.
- R240 you're right it has sold 1.7 million but shipments are at the very least 2 million. Those numbers are still pretty impressive, I mean Striesand would kill to sell that many albums as would any other musician over a certain age.
- the meltdown fanbot on this thread truly is a mini-Janbot.
It hasn't yet reached the lofty heights of Janbot's fevered rants... but it is getting there.
Janet is over.
And Madonna is circling the drain.
Needless to say, the bots are becoming more deluded with each new flop single.
- R242 I actually agree with you and think she spent way too much time on that stupid movie. That said I still think the album turned out to be pretty good.
- r243: Streisand/McCartney/Franklin are very different performers than Madonna.
You know it, I know it.
They don't need to shift that many copies.
Madonna's allure has always rested on her juggernaut HIT potential, as the Queen of billboard and radio.
She is losing at her own game, and 1.7 million copies is... a big flop.
- r242, I kind of agree with you in that she phoned in much of the work on MDNA.
But Girl Gone Wild, Gang Bang, I'm a Sinner, even Superstar are pretty good pop songs. So, there *is* some justification for the cd to have sold close to 2 million.
And that's not too shabby for ANYONE in today's cd buying market.
But, again, I agree that she spent more time on "W.E." than MDNA and it shows.
Having stated that, I disagree with you regarding her not caring. She loves touring, performing, making music gives her that. She doesn't want to be a nostalgia act...and she isn't. Most material is from fresh cds.
- r245, you're one of the few people who does.
The album raced down the charts, and the general public showed zero interest in it.
Learn to deal with reality, even if you yourself like her current output.
- It's good to see the Madge Chart Troll again! Lord knows that the last few singles have not been much to write home about - but she seems fired up today!
Before the meds kick in anyway...
- I went to the MDNA tour on Monday night, my first Madge concert ever, and holy shit did it fucking suck.
She can move, I'll give her that, and the damn thing has high production values, but to stage an entire tour around the dark, grim material from the MDNA record was a mistake.
She does very little of her old stuff and reimagined Like A Virgin as some sort of plodding, dull anthem to her aging sexuality.
The joke is on me for sure, because I paid $200 for these tickets thinking going to a Madonna concert was a gay boy rite of passage, but that bitch will never get another DIME out of me.
- R244 I'm not having a meltdown I'm just posting FACTS yes MDNA was a dissapointing seller but it's not an all out flop and it's much better than that Hard Candy crap. And for the record Madonna will never be over when you're the world's top female concert draw you'll always be able to put on amazing shows that make a lot of money.
- R246 you do realize that McCartney was a member of the Beatles you know the biggest selling musical act of all time. What I'm trying to say is Madonna is at that stage in her career where commercial success is no longer that important and she has nothing to prove anymore, she's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame so everything now is icing on the cake.
- "Most material is from fresh cds."
Because she makes it so.
People aren't flocking to her concerts because of the new flop material (see r250, for an example). They want Borderline and Dress You Up, songs that Madonna hates.
She IS a nostalgia act, through her flop material alone.
So much willful cluelessness...
And those songs you mentioned off MDNA are simply terrible. They are not songs... Hard Candy had songs - with a proper bridge, chorus, verse, etc.
On MDNA, every track sounds like a demo, rushed ideas, unfinished material.
And the production is horrible.
That techno breakdown in I'm Addicted is awful... kills the 'song' (not really) right then and there.
Superstar a good song? You have got to be joking!
Girl Gone Wild is tired techno from 1999. It rightfully flopped HARD.
And I'm a Sinner is boring like the rest of the album.
Awful, terrible record, from beginning to end.
- Well, if indeed commercial success is no longer important to her, then why doesn't she seriously challenge herself musically instead of trying to follow the trend of making club music, which has already gone well past it's sell-by date? Idon't see her trying to try anything innovative in that arena. She should embrace her advanced age and record an album of POP standards or even better to reflect the age of her demographic, perhaps an album based on Broadway Show Tunes. You know her fans would eat that UP!!
Honestly, I thought she was a SMART businesswoman...
- r252: it is for you, not for her.
She's clearly aiming for her 40th top ten hit, so she does have a real interest in chart relevance.
Needless to say, this goes over your head.
- r251, sweetheart, no-one is disputing she will remain a legend.
We're talking zeitgeist currency, and she's lost all of it.
Learn to read.
- R249 I'm not a she I'm a he and proud of it, so don't refer to me as a female. And I'm just staing chart facts, yes sales of the album were kinda dissapointing but it's hardly a floo in today's climate. And the tour will be this years highest grossing and most attended beating out that Gaga ugly mess with less shows.
- Agreed, r254.
The fanbots don't know what they're saying anymore.
They're like Mitt Romney, in Madonnaworld.
- r257: the album is a big flop by Madonna's standards.
Deal with it.
And nobody here likes Gaga, so you can drop that shit as well.
- R254 I hate Broadway musicals in fact aside from Madonna and MJ I'm not a fan of pop music in general and Madonna is the ONLY female artist I listen to and follow. My favorite type of music is classic rock. Now if Madonna did an album like that it would be interesting to say the least.
- Oh we all know why she won't do an acoustic album or anything like that. It would require her to SING. And besides, she can't claim a "co-writing" credit on any classic pop standards.
- "Pop Star's Empire Poised To Earn $500 Million"
All without an iota of grace...
Still, she'll always be remembered for perpetrating W.E...
Sort of like the John Wayne Gacy of cinema...
- R261 you've obviously never seen Evita where she sings her heart out, or seen her in concert just playing a guitar and standing there singing, it's usually the best part of her shows. And her 2003 album American Life was very close to an acoustic, folk rock album.
- HA! "Evita" wasn't performed live while they were shooting, dearest! We all know what audio mixers can work magic twiddling those knobs! What I wouldn't GIVE to hear how much work went into that soundtrack!
- There are some queens on the IMDB Beyonce board that say Madonna is all the rage with the kids. hahahaha.
- R264 that could be said for any singer on any album
What I do know is that Andrew Lloyd Webber sat in during one recorded session and raved about how good her voice had become, she was taking voice lessons with one of the worlds top vocal coaches, where it was discovered that Madonna had a full octive range that she had never used before.
- American Life is the second most horrible album of her career, after MDNA.
Her singing voice on it sucks, the lyrics are self-involved and trite, the songs a chore to listen to. That rap on the title track is the worst thing she's ever recorded.
AL is where all her problems started, darling.
The Vadgebot really shouldn't be parading Madonna's two biggest flops as proof of her greatness.
- R267 I never said American Life was a great album, in fact it's my least favorite album of hers. And what's with the name calling? Vadgebot really?
- Susan Boyle's cover of "You'll see" is horrendous. Susan has the worst voice ever...the fake vibrato, strange phrasing and total lack of emotion. The way she pronounces words makes it sound like English isn't her first language. Maybe it isn't?
Remember when you were a kid and you'd clench your hands together and shake to get that vibrato sound? I can just imagine that woman doing that in the recording studio because her vibrato is awful.
I will proclaim Madonna a better singer than Susan Boyle.
- At least my kids aren't doing SMACK!!!
Madonna, Mother Of The Year
- What was Live Nation thinking to give Vadge such a contract? If this had been 20 years ago, I could understand...but did they REALLY think she was going to be that great of an investment? People only want to hear her old shitty hits, not her new shitty flops. Except for middle aged women and fags of all ages, Vadge has no fans left. She's just pressed she's not gonna be the movie star she always dreamed of so I expect her to copy more old hollywood looks again really soon.
- R271 Madonna has no fans left? Then how come when she tours she sells more concert tickets than anyone? How come when she's on TV the ratings go through the roof? You don't sell over 2 million concert tickets with sky high prices during one of the world's worst economic crisis with "no fans left"! It's pretty obvious and believe me Live Nation is banking plenty of money off the tour and the merchandise there was just an article last week about how Madonnas tour was saving the concert industry.
- I notice the stan doesn't mention all of the "ticket gievaways" to all of these shows....
She gets a Full House, if not a paying one
- "Itmust KILL her to learn that Susan Boyle outsells her and that old bag doesn't even tour!"
Obviously you're not as obsessed with SuBo as you are with Madonna, or you'd know Boyle's career is on the decline. Her new CD was released this week and Hits Daily Double reports: "Syco/Columbia vocalist Susan Boyle is expected to do 35-40k." Yeah, I'm sure Madonna is envious.
- What ticket giveaways? You mean radio contest giveaways that every artist does? The bottom line is the tour has sold over 2 million tickets with just 88 shows being played, the final gross after the South American dates have been completed is expected to be between $300-$325 million, making it the years highest attended and highest grossing tour as well as her second CONSECUTIVE tour to land in the top 10 grossing tours of all time. Billboard already confirmed this back in August when the US leg kicked off.
- Wasn't there some sort of deal where if you bought a ticket to her concert, you'd get a free MDNA album? lmao. oh Vadge...and Vadgebotstans please...we know it's hard to deal with, but mainstreamers don't care about this old cunt anymore. Sure she'll continue to do well on tour, but her airplay presence will be reduced to oldies and soft rock stations...
- And so, R276? Hard to get play on radio stations if you're older than 30.
This is the way I see it: a new album = a new tour. The real money for Madge likely never came from album sales, but instead from tours. When you gross $600 million from a tour based on a new album, who cares about album sales? Even if she nets $100 million from that, that's a pretty pick chunk of change for a few month's work.
Look at it another way: Madonna is selling out 20,000 seat arenas, Mariah Carey is doing American Idol. Pretty much says it all.
- R250 - I went on Saturday night and thought it was great. The show has good reviews overall, but not everybody has to like everything, you know?
- It's always fun when MadonnaNation invades a thread.
MDNA will always SUCK, though. Forever.
- R274 wow those numbers are bad! And MDNA sold about 360,000 copies and debuted at #1 in the spring when album sales were lower than this Christmas season. Imagine if Madonna had those numbers the media would be brural and rip her a new one. Madonna is ALWAYS held to a different standard than anybody else.
- Imagine how much better she'd sell if she actually had some good tunes.
Can someone post some links that show how successful her Material Girl line and perfume have been? I want dollar figures. I'm not buying the PR hype that they're successful.
- [quote] How much do you think goes to charity? Or the people who worked on this? She's known to be cheap.
She ripped off those gay dancers in Truth or Dare. They're heavily featured, they're basically her costars, but greedy Madonna paid them the bare minimum.
- Madonna is a great capitalist which is why it's hilarious whenever she preaches to her stans how important it is to be caring or giving. This cunt has no qualms about profitting off the talents and hard work of others.
- What was really annoying is when she made that video asking her fans to donate to Raising Malawi. She could rebuild the whole fucking country and still have hundreds of millions left.
- Raising Malawi was just one of her Kabbalah front companies that got investigated by the FBI on more than one occasion.
- Proof that there is no God.
- If anyone believes in karma, Vadge is proof the concept doesn't exist. She should be on welfare now given her horrible lack of morality and awful personality.
- Yall are patheic. Come here to complain. Too much hate and time on peoples hands.
Madonna is a legend. Deal with it. People writing the really nasty crap here is probably Mariah Carey in disguise.
- R288 = Racist asshole who hates successful Black women, hence the gratuitous dig at Mariah
- R288 - first of all, it's spelled ''pathetic." If you're going to attempt to read someone, learn how to do it right. Also, Mariah is a successful songwriter and singer in her own right. She really isn't pressed over Madonna like that. Mariah's glory days are over and her voice is shot to hell nowadays, but her catalog from the 90's stands the test of time, just like Madonna's legacy has stood the test of time.
I like Mariah and Madonna for different reasons, even though I know there are warring factions between their two fanbases.
- R288 an undeserved legend. No talent but what's worse is a horrible personality and sense of entitlement. We can bash that cunt all we want and the fools who keep giving her money.
- Did anyone else love "Spanish Lesson" from the Hard Candy album?
- I did R292. I thought it was the standout track on the album and should have been a single. She has the worst people around her. They have no idea what's good for today's charts.
not an eldergay
- R289 Mariah successful? In the '90's maybe when she was married to a white man who aldo owned her record label Sony. Coincidence? Even at her peak Carey couldn't sell out a world tour if her life depended on it! She was last seen plsying small 3,000 seat theatres. Madonna on the other hand is the highest grossing solo touring artist of all time with grosses of around 1.3 BILLION.
- Madonna is a Satanic Priestess working for the Illuminati, as are most of Jimmy Iovine's Interscope nut jobs. If you don't believe she's evil, go see her concert and stare into the pyramid images and eyes of horus that pop up every two seconds. And that half time show was a Satanic ritual perpetrated on the American masses. It was full of occult imagery. It's so messed up! She's EVIL! no other explanation for her fame.
- What's with all the continual Madonna hatred here?
It gets a bit nauseating and many of you posting in this thread sound really bitter.
- R295 , you have much deeper problems than anyone, including Madonna to post THAT posting at 2:56 in the morning. YOU are insane. Get help.
- R296 it's to balance out the dumbass Vadgestans who worship this woman here. She's not talented, beautiful or, most importantly, a good person. She deserves all the negatively for the shit she's done and pulled throughout her career on the way to the top.
- And yet you're still obsessing over her, R298. Tisk, tisk.
- and who here knows how much she gives to charity??? most more moral people do it anonymously.
- R300 we only know about her scandals, such as that Malawi charity lmfao. Vadge's favorite charity is to herself. She's hardly known as a do-gooder.
- So I read the latest review from the other day and apparently a lot of fans spent time just staring at their phones and thought she was "weird" during her performance. I think this will be her last big tour. Only a fool would go to see her again. Her show is WACK.
- r302, really, why did you feel the need to post that?
Since I can now respond that the reviews (90%) have been overwhelmingly positive.
You've never seen the show.
And I just want to know why you felt the urge to post that?
People are weird.
- 90% really? With all the amount of complaints I've been reading? Where is it 90% positive?
- My gawd people--she is OBVIOUSLY not OVAH--we are TALKING about her making several hundred million dolars. Did I mention that we are TALKING about her?
I am not a huge fan, but give the woman her due respect she has EARNED it.
- Earned? I respect her as a businesswoman but not as a "musician" or "singer". She's always been good at promoting herself through famewhoring but I have no respect for her "music" or "style". I especially have no respect for the way she treats fans and employees.
- As one of, no doubt, many heterosexual males shaking his head reading all about you queens ripping each other's throats out about Madonna, I have to wonder why you bother. And complaining about $200 concert tickets? You kidding me? What a bunch of minimum wage losers you all must be. You can't ALL be refolding jeans at The Gap. At least ONE of you must have at least 50-60 grand in stocks and bonds and lead a successful life by age 28.
And that precipitous drop in MDNA CD sales Madonna had? If you did the research you'd have learned that the previous holder of that record was Lady GaGa. Madonna broke GaGa's record by a mere 2%. So, I'd chalk it up to the economy.
And gentlemen, ease up on the cliches like clueless, tramp, sweetheart, darling because they ARE cliches and they are, like, ya know, no longer totally tubular, Daddio.
- [quote]I think this will be her last big tour.
Her 10-year Live Nation contract would beg to differ.
- I wonder what her future tours will be like, if people think this one sucks so much. I mean how many more gimmicks can she use to take away from her bad singing?
- All of you haters must be bitting your thong right now. She has 10 shows left in South America to end the tour and will actually make more then what this article projected. So those of you who say she's over probably have a dictionary with the wrong meaning. LMFAO. Like it or not, she's still here, she's still #1 and has no plans of slowing down. #Queen Madonna forever. It's not over until she says it's over. Sending love and light to you all.
- Being big in South America is kind of like being big in Japan.
In other words, any caucasian performer.
- How much will the MDNA tour gross?
- she is a 1% !!!!
- Not relevant? In the last 5 years she's broken several world records.
Including Hung Up being the most sold dance single of the decade (9 million), and debuted at #1 in a record 41 countries.
These are facts.
MDNA (forget about the $$) sold close to 3 million tickets. Ask any mega-star what they'd do for those #s.
Hate the fucking bitch, but stop with the lies.
- R311 Madonna is big everywhere, you don't become the 4th biggest selling artist of all time by being local. For the record she's won five Japan Gold Disc Awards for International Artist of the Year. R314 thank you! Although you hate her, you hit the nail on the head about how people reduce to lies out of jealousy and envy to diminish Madonna's record breaking success. While the MDNA is hardly a blockbuster it is still successful ib this environment, it's among the top 10 biggest selling albums of the year worldwide and has gone gold, platinum or multiplatinum in every major music market. It's hardly the flop haters try to make it out to be, don't believe me go to the MDNA album Wikipedia page to see the records the album set around the world after debuting at #1 in over 40 countries. As for the tour the AMAZING numbers speak for themself, love her or hate her there has been no one like her in music with her longevity of 30 consecutive years at the top. Buy haters will hate.
- R312 it's projected to gross between 300-350 million with only 88 shows it's already confirmed to be the highest grossing and most attended concert tour of the year and has a very good shot to join her previous tour among the top 10 highest grossing tours of all time, reviews are mostly positive go to the Wikipedia page or Google OFFICIAL reviews and you'll see, the New York Times raved about the show. Most of the "negative" reviews are by angry little monsters who never even saw the show and are pissed Madonna is destroying Gaga on tour. Between her last 2 tours Madonna has grossed nearly 750 million and they're both the top 2 grossing tours by a female artist of all time, these numbers have far exceeded Live Nations predictions when they signed her in 2007, they were expecting numbers similar to her 2006 Confessions tour which grossed about 200 million.
- Like it or not the queen can't be dethroned. Someone greater and original can make it but all other artists are copycats of each other or from Madonna herself. Hence for 30 years no one managed to reach her level and no one will until she retires. And bitch isn't going to retire soon.
- It feels like Gaga is already over. Her peak was Bad Romance. I say this as someone who bought The Fame on it's first day of release here in Canada, where it came out a couple months before the US. I was a Gaga fan before the Little Monsters existed (not that I ever considered myself apart of that cult).
- Madonna is a trendsetting, legendary pop icon. She's not going anywhere, anytime soon. She's here to stay.
- How is she over when her born this way tour is set to gross slightly more than her previous tour? Her album may have not been universally liked but critics liked it more than her previous ones and it is the best selling album by an American artist of 2011. Last figures were around 7+ million. Hardly over.
- Madonna saved me from aids.
- R320 according to Mediatraffic the BTW album sold 5.6 million worldwide, it may have SHIPPED 7 million, but it scanned 5.6 milluin. Those numbers are good but considering how the media was hyping the shit out of her, she should have been able to sell double that, Adele sold 25 million with 21 with about 1/4 the media hype of Gaga. Another thing since the Fame every album from her has been selling less than the previous, that's not good. The Fame sold 8 mil, the Fame Monster7 mil and BTW 5.6 mil. Her Popart album will continue the downhill trend and end up with respactable sales of 3-4 million. With Madonna the opposite happened, every album sold more than the previous, the Madonna album sold 10 mil, Like a Virgin sold 21 mil, and True Blue sold 25 mil. As the 80's progressed Madonna was becoming even bigger and more iconic, that by 1987 the year of the Who's That Girl Tour, Madonna became the first solo female artist to launch a global stadium tour and sell out. It waa unheard of for a female to do that before Madonna.
- I wasn't comparing gaga to Madonna I was only replying to a post saying she's over. If we want to compare, compare her to other contemporary artists like rihanna and Katy perry. Also, you ignored the part about the tour.
- Madonna is over. Nothing posted here proves otherwise. Hopefully Lady Gaga will soon follow.
- If Madonna is over than every other over 50 performer is over, because commercially Madonna is doing better than all of them.
- Leave her alone. She needs the money to buy gloves to cover those hands. THOSE HANDS. Aiiiieee!!!!!!!
- but at the end of the day are you a woman if you don't have a man to come home to?
- R314 Hung Up was the top selling dance song of the decade, Music from 2000 was the second top selling dance song of the decade!
- She is still the queen idiots! Only in USA does she get dissed...imagine that.
She is so loved and backed by the incredible fans in Europe and South America it's amazing. Her music is incredible. If you listen to the MDNA tracks (or any of her other tunes) on a high quality audio system, you will see what I'm talking about. There is so much going on that you cannot fully appreciate the music if you are listening on some cheap ass speakers etc. Lyrically she is awesome. Work ethic is matched by no one in the business to this day!
- Why did Madonna ever sign with Interscope in 2011?
Just buy the freakin company already and dump their roster of losing acts.
Madonna is subsidizing the majority of Interscope artists today. Lady Gaga the rest.
Figure it out.
- Madonnas single hit song "Holiday" financially out grossed every piece of music combined, Lady Gaga has released to date. (Song written by a gay man, by the way...)
If that doesn't EXPOSE the music industry today1
- Lol the haters are out. Face it Madonna is Queen Kylie is the Goddess and Gaga is crap OVHA.
- Kylie is nothing in the U.S. We know that and she knows that. She had one or two hits here, but it's not going to happen. Madonna won't even meet with her - hasn't even met her in her entire life. Madonna does not favorably view artists who try to get in her niche and steal her fanbase. Madonna is very jealous of other females and won't work or socialize with them unless absolutely necessary (i.e. potentially beneficial to her career in the movies).
- Considering the climate of today's music industry, MDNA performed respectably worldwide. Her problem is she can't pick singles anymore and it hurts her album sales. Turn Up the Radio should have been the first single. GMAYL should never have been released.
- You know who's over Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston. Those bitches couldn't hack it. Madonna Is Legendary.
- "I'm Addicted" should have been the first single. IMHO the the best song off MDNA. But it doesn't matter. She is the Queen and always will be. LONG LIVR THE QUEEN
- I haven't read the entire 337 post thread so if this was already asked - sorry.
Didn't it come out recently that Vadge made less than half of what the thread title predicted?
- (338) No, that never came out you rumour mongering buttlicking gaga monster.
I ate Madonna's liver
- I'll fill you in. The better story is R338 never amounted to anything and when he died nobody noticed. Eventually the rotting corpse drew the attention of vultures who reluctantly forced down their meal for fear of starving
- R336 exactly but nobody will admit it! The article said her "empire" will earn $500 million, including $300 million from the tour alone which is true according to Billboard the tour grossed $240 million through mid Nov with 72 dates played, they haven't counted her final 16 dates which include her record breaking South American leg that she's on right now. When that wraps up the final gross will be around $300 milliin.
- ok , not all people like madonna , but
idiots and old tarts dont have the wealth she has , as she WORKED FOR IT ALL,
she isnt a princess or paris hilton..
maybe , the foul comments about her were all from guy ritchie ????
or old has-beens with really , awful, escillating cocaine addicts who just cant cope
with others good fortune and hard work...????
ok britney ., cristina ?????
- Madonna proving she is still the QUEEN OF POP!!
lady gaga & britney are not making $500 million! she is still on top after 30 years in the industry. most artists struggle to get 10. look at Christina Aguilera- after 14 years she has had 7 albums and half of them have flopped.
and her tours have never made anywhere near £305 million like MDNA.
also people who say her album flopped well it still went to number 1 in the uk and on us dance charts! plus had dance chart hits and another uk top 40!
every artist has to have a couple of flops especially in 30 years!
mariah last 2 have been shit and christina's last 3 have been shit along with Britney. but nobody says how their career is over and shit like that.
people are jealous of Madonna and need to grow up and realise she is the QUEEN OF POP not idiots like Lady GaGa.
- whatever you queens think in your basements, truth is truth. Where's the FlopDna troll now?
(Reuters) – Madonna was named the biggest money maker in music in 2012 on Friday, with a world tour helping her take home up to $34.6 million and highlighting the earning power of live performances as the industry increasingly goes digital.
The 54-year-old Material Girl topped Billboard Magazine’s annual list of 40 top money makers for the second time after earning an estimated $32 million – 93.5 percent of her revenue – from her 88-date “MDNA” tour, 2012′s biggest tour.
Madonna, who also led the list in 2008 due to tour income, was the only woman in the top 10 with last year’s winner, Taylor Swift, who fell to 15th place as she did not tour in 2012.
In second place in the music magazine’s list was Bruce Springsteen whose $33.4 million revenue was also primarily driven by touring, playing to sold-out stadiums and arenas.
Springsteen, who also released a No. 1 album, “Wrecking Ball,” last year, earned 92 percent of his revenue from live shows where strong merchandise sales also boosted takings.
Roger Waters, founder of Pink Floyd, came a distant third with earnings of $21 million largely from “The Wall Live” tour and Van Halen was fourth with $20 million after touring in support of their album “A Different Kind of Truth”.
“When it comes to making the biggest score, the most money always comes from high-paying live performances,” Billboard’s editorial analyst Glenn Peoples wrote in explaining the list.
“Ironically, the most popular touring artists are usually well past their peaks on the album sales charts.”
Country music veteran Kenny Chesney, the Dave Matthews Band, country’s Tim McGraw and Jason Aldean, and British band Coldplay came next on the list.
Canadian teen sensation Justin Bieber was 10th, earning almost $16 million of which about $10 million came from his sold-out “Believe” arena tour.
“The entire top 10 averaged 84.2 percent of their income from concerts, and the number would have been higher, if not for Justin Bieber’s mere 60.1 percent share at No. 10 dragging down the average,” said Billboard.
However touring was not vital for every act on the list such as Swift and Britain’s Adele.
Swift earned $12.7 million after selling the most digital tracks in 2012. She sold more than 3 million digital albums and 15.6 million digital tracks driven by her hit “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”.
Adele took the year out after having a baby but still earned nearly $14 million, putting her 11th in the rankings, due to continuing strong physical and digital sales for her album “21″.
Maroon 5, ranked 33rd in the list, took the highest share of streaming revenue which made 3.5 percent of its $7.2 million.
Billboard said streaming music online to paying customers has not caught on with older generations and was small in percentage terms but growing.
“Yet even in the coming years, as streaming services become a more important revenue source, possibly replacing digital downloads and CD sales, one thing is unlikely to change: concerts will have the greatest influence of top earners’ overall earnings,” said Peoples.
The list was compiled by Billboard editors using data for Boxscore archives of U.S. concert gross figures, Nielsen SoundScan data for sales, YouTube, and Nielsen BDS data.
The full list can be seen at billboard.com/moneymakers
(Reporting by Elaine Lies, Editing by Belinda Goldsmith)
- who the fuck did Madonna piss off? Or does LR need to retire?
- to many Gaga fans here . MADONNA IS THE QUEEN !
- MAn u people are so negative and so jealous, who among of u have made 500 mil this yeah, tell me who are judging , just common boring unknown and primitive householders, what special u have made in your life , will people even remember you at all, or better yet is anyone aware of your life at the moment.Stop being so judgmental try to evaluate your life and achieve something , and then criticize world famous multiple talented constantly stretching her potential as an artist and businesswoman ICON!!!!
- To all that dismissed this ... It is now March 26, 2013. And Madonna surpassed even these numbers.. She's officially a Billionaire.. Take that haters...LMFAO!!!!
- @ reply 348, that old tired non-singing, non acting, non dancing hoe is NOT a Billionaire. Keep dreaming! The only thing that washed up cunt was good at was being a 'back therapist' and I doubt that she was even good at that.
- And to all ya bitches trying to compare this no talent skank to Mariah, there is ZERO comparison. Mariah attained her success on the strength of her voice and ability to write hit songs, but it was/is her voice that has made her the ICON that she is. No gimmicks, no media whoring, no stealing from other people and passing others peoples strides and achievements as her own. UNLIKE that stank as bitch Mashankma. She stole everything that ever made her rank ass successful. She USED Willi Ninja for his Vogue expertise by having him send her a video of himself voguing, leading him to believe she was going to hire him, only to use the tape he sent her to try and steal his moves and TRY to have other dancers recreate them. THIS SKANK BITCH HAS BEEN SCANDALOUS FROM DAY ONE. That sorry as song vogue of hers along with the video is GARBAGE. Malcolm McLaren's song 'Deep in Vogue' along with the video are TRUE representations of what Voguing are. I suggest folkz who really want to know the truth research the song and video on youtube. FUCK MADONNA AND EVERYTHING ABOUT HER FAKE FRAUD ASS.
- Lick my cunt, bitches
Madonna Tops Forbes 2013 List Of The Top-Earning Celebrities
- R352 all that proves is Vadge has the DUMBEST fan base on the planet. Why those people continually pay top dollar to a talentless, desperate, manipulative, unkind, aging and mediocre-looking whore is beyond comprehension. The gays who like her are an embarrassment.
- R353 you are an incredibly stupid person with obivous emotional problems.
- [quote][R352] all that proves is Vadge has the DUMBEST fan base on the planet. Why those people continually pay top dollar to a talentless, desperate, manipulative, unkind, aging and mediocre-looking whore is beyond comprehension. The gays who like her are an embarrassment.
And that affects Madonna How? Do you think she cares that her fans are dumb?
Dumb fans = Rich Madonna
- R354 I'm stupid for calling out how stupid Vadge's fan base is? You guys are the ones who can't see through her trickery and low-quality music. You just keep on supporting her for no reason. I'm not sorry if I offended you for bashing your queen.
R355 she thrives off of dumb people and obviously she doesn't care. She's a very selfish, greedy woman.
- Why are Madonna's fans stupid? Because they like a performer who was been hugely successful for 30 years and, as her latest earnings figures show, still pretty much the biggest star around?
You don't actually have to like Madonna and her music yourself but you can at least allow others to without getting so hysterical. Do you think it's really just her "fan base's" supposed "stupidity" that's kept her on top for three decades or maybe, just maybe, the possibility that she does something very good that many people enjoy? And, to be on top for 30 years suggest her appeal goes beyond a fan base to a much broader public covering all sorts of demographics.
Your visceral hatred of someone you only ever see on tv suggests you have problems that go much deeper than being annoyed because you thing Madonna's music is "low quality".
By the way, if you think Madonna's fans are stupid, pray, do tell, what music do you like?
- R635 is a frustrated disappointed gaga ghoul
- R353 talent and looks are a matter of personal opinion
As for her being uncaring, she talked about gay rights and even paid the medical bills for her best friend Martin Burgoyne who was dying of AIDS in 1986
Her and Sean even flew to Mexico for experimental AIDS drugs that could have prolonged his life
Madonna also held one of the first benefits concerts for AIDS research in 1987 at Madison Square Garden
Just because YOU don't like Madonna stop trying to rewrite history for your smear campaign
- R350 please! Mariah was FUCKING and eventually married the head of her record label to get her career going!
If that's not being a whore, than I don't know what is!
Mariah COULD sing and that was all she had as opposed to Madonna who's a more versatile artist and performer
Carey will probably NEVER be on the Forbes list again, because she's been flopping non stop (with the exception of The Emancipation of Mimi) since she divorced Mottola in 1997, coincidence I think not
She's NEVER been able to pull in a huge touring audience which is the EPITOME of being a successful artist and so called "icon"
- Madonna's MDNA album,released in 2012, sold 1.7 million worldwide. It was one of the top 20 selling albums in the world for 2012.
She's still popular worldwide.
- r361 [quote] Mariah was FUCKING and eventually married the head of her record label to get her career going!
So did Celine Dion.
- r342 [quote]madonna WORKED FOR IT ALL
Yeah, on her back with her legs spread.
- Lady Gaga is the most powerful musician in the world. Money isn't everything. Madonna is done. Lady Gaga has dethroned them all. Only Oprah is more powerful than the queen of pop.
LADY GAGA IS QUEEN OF MUSIC!!! SUCK IT, BITCHES!!!
- Madonna's Secret Project is imminent!
We can go all over this daily AGAIN!
- R362 according to the IFPI MDNA sold 1.8 million worldwide and shipped over 2 million
It was the 12th top selling album of 2012 worldwide
It was the 5th biggest selling album of the year until the 4th quarter/Christmas releases knocked it down to #12.
The Forbes article FALSELY stated that it failed to sell a million copies, when in fact it sold almost 2 million worldwide
Unless the writer is only basing it on US sales
- Madonna is irrelevant. She's an arrogant, silly old bore with nothing to add to the music scene.
- R368 yes she's so irrelevant that I have to post about her!
But she's irrelevant!
But I still have to post about her and obsess over her every move
- R368. Madonna helped CREATE the current music scene
- r370 = Moron.
Madonna never created anything. She is the biggest copycat in the history of entertainment.
- R371 oh here we go again with delusions!
I said Madonna is responsible for the current pop music scene, before Madonna if you said "pop singer" people thought of Christopher Cross or Billy Joel
After Madonna they think of a scantily clad, sexy, female singer
She was also one of the first female artists to realize she wad a "brand" and she demanded complete control of her career
She would not allow herself to be some male record company execs money machine
She called the shots and built an anazing empire due to her hard work, determination and drive
All traits that we love in man, but punish women for.
Did Madonna use sex as part of her message? Absolutely, but she used it to prove a point and as part of her performance art
What people fail to realize is that she always plays characters in her videos and concerts, like an actress playing a role in a movie
And let's not forget that she had a 10 year period from 95-05 where Madonna had major success with Evita, Ray of Light ans Music and she was asexual almost, no sexy photo shoots or images, she was one of the LEAST sexual pop stars during those years.
- "She's NEVER been able to pull in a huge touring audience which is the EPITOME of being a successful artist and so called 'icon'"
Really? Even in the '90s when she had all those #1 hits? That surprises me.
- Vadge never started the "scantily clad" trend. Others did it before her. Like EVERYTHING else-Vadge fucking copied the idea but got credit for it from the clueless media and fans.
Longevity does not mean the product is good. Hell, fucking Shitney Spears has been going for 14 years now and all her material sucks. Vadge's fans just have no taste and they like gimmicks to make up for weak "singing".
- "She's NEVER been able to pull in a huge touring audience which is the EPITOME of being a successful artist and so called 'icon'"
Yet, even at the age of 55 and after 30 years in the business, she's still the world's highest grossing entertainer, based primarily on her concert tour sales.
And, indeed, r370 is completely delusional and knows nothing about anything that was happening in the 80s and 90s. Anyone who tries to deny Madonna's huge influence over that era (and even today) really doesn't have a fucking clue what they're talking about and should not be taken seriously.
Aw, bless you r365, you're so sweet. Don't worry though, everything will be fine, try and stop crying.
- r375 - the sentence about never being able to pull in a huge touring audience that I quoted from r361 was about Mariah, not Madonna.
- r375 [quote]Anyone who tries to deny Madonna's huge influence over that era (and even today) really doesn't have a fucking clue what they're talking about and should not be taken seriously.
Any Madonna fan who claims that Madonna created anything has no fucking clue and should not be taken seriously.
Madonna is the biggest copycat of them all.
- Janet Jackson showed her nipple. Madonna had to do it too!
LOL. Madonna had to sample ABBA to get a number one. Bitch is DONE!
How many hit singles off of MDNA? NONE! Biggest shitfest in the history of the charts.
The MDNA tour did well as it was Madonna's farewell tour. The elder gays wanted to see their idolized old whore one last time.
- [quote]Madonna's MDNA album,released in 2012, sold 1.7 million worldwide
Which makes it a certified bomb.
- Lady Gaga already has two songs on the list of the biggest selling singles in the UK. How many does Madonna have after 30 years in the business? SHE DOESN*T HAVE ANY! ROFL!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
- Troll-dar r372, and head backwards. Madbot is as nuts as janbot.
- Typical Madonna fan here.
Madonna's fans are losers. They're ancient queens who walk around wearing red Kabbalah string on their wrists, drink her's cult's water, wear tube tops, and actually quote her. They're a sad pathetic bunch, much like the woman herself, who is the hollowest human being on the planet.
All Madonna has in terms of a career are her tours. She's a Vegas act. She will have to sing "Like A Virgin" for the rest of her life to make money. She's irrelevant in the music industry.
Her film "W.E." made $868,439 at the box office. She spent $29 million on it.
She has nothing else. She can't sell music. Can't make movies. All she can do is make money off her past. She's as relevant as Cher, although Cher has an Oscar.
- [quote]although Cher has an Oscar
Lady Gaga will get one too someday.
- Madonna can just forget about becoming an icon like Marilyn Monroe, Marlene Dietrich, Greta Garbo, Elizabeth Taylor, Barbra Streisand.
She only moved to the UK to get a title from the Queen. When that failed she returned to the US.
- “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty.
Life shapes the face you have at thirty.
But at fifty you get the face you deserve.”
― Coco Chanel
- R383 "Her film "W.E." made $868,439 at the box office. She spent $29 million on it."
She could have spent 290 million on it if she wanted. She can make a hobby out of burning money if she wants. She fucking loaded. #1 on forbes celebrity list, bitches.
Suck dick, break a hip, bitches.
- R386 proves yet again that Madonna bashers don't have a fucking shitty clue what they're talking about.
In which category, r385? Special effects?
- R380 and yet Madonna is the biggest selling female artist in UK chart history with more #1 singles and albums than any woman
Also Gaga has high singles sales due to the digital era, but her album sales are downright EMBARRISING
Madonna has 4 albums among the biggest selling albums of all time, with sales of 20 million or more
Gaga's biggest selling album is the 8illion selling debut (dedicated to Madonna) The Fame
It's been downhill since then
- R383 and Madonna is on the Rock and Roll HOF, her first yeat eligible and Cher isn't
By the way Cher would KILL to have a "flop" like Madonna did with MDNA
THE album sold nearly 2 million worldwide and all three singles went to #1 on the dance charts and one went top 10 and gold on the main Hot 100
Madonna also made $125 million last year, no female musical performer has ever made so much in a single year the previous record holder was Madonna herself who earned $110 million in 2009.
- R388 exactly in addition to being the biggest selling female act of all time and highest grossing solo touring act of all time, Madonna was also confirmed by Forbes a few years back as the richest female recording act of all time
- LOL. Madonna stans hate the facts. Lady Gaga is more powerful than Madonna. Lady Gaga is the second most powerful celebrity in the world. LOL. How's that for a fact??
LOL. Lady Gaga is already Queen of Pop. Rolling Stones magazine knows that Lady Gaga is Queen of Music.
LOL. Madonna is the biggest copycat in the history of entertainment. She started nothing.
LOL. MDNA was the biggest flop in the history of the charts. Biggest drop of all time. ROFL. BITCH IS DONE! How many singles off of MDNA became hits? NONE! HAHAHAHA!!! Madonna is a HAS-BEEN!
LOL. Madonna can't sing. Lady Gaga has an amazing voice. Lady Gaga is sensational singing live.
LOL. Madonna is a delusional old whore who's scared shitless of the Queen of Pop. Lady Gaga doesn't fear the Mischa Barton of music. Lady Gaga is already queen of artpop. She doesn't have to do a duet with that street corner skank who ate cum to get to the top.
LOL. Lady Gaga is the number one artist on the planet. She has dethroned them all. It took 3-5 years.
LOL. MDNA was Madonna's farewell tour. It did well because the elder gays wanted to see their granny idol one last time.
LOL. Lady Gaga rules music. SUCK IT, BITCHES!!!
- [quote]$60 million is expected in sales for her new perfume, Truth or Dare, according to Women's Wear Daily.
According to Forbes Madonna's perfume wasn't even in the top 10 in sales in 2012 but guess whose was? Gaga!
- R367 Oh great! It did hit 1.8 million!
R379 Err,no,it doesn't. Sales have dropped for everyone. MDNA was the 12th best selling album IN THE WORLD for 2012.
- lmao Vadge stans are pathetic. No one gives a fuck if Vadge has the most #1 singles and albums in the fucking UK. The US market is the biggest and most important one. Also, no one cares that Vadge has the most #1 dance hits. That's only important for dance acts who can't get mainstream hits. Vadge's MDNA album FLOPPED. Her last 2 singles didn't even chart in the hot 100.
- R396 and in the US Madonna is the #2 most successful artist of all time behind the Beatles on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart
She has 38 top 10 singles, more than ANY artist in history on the Billboard US singles chart
She was also the top selling singles sales artist of the 2000s on the Billboard Singles sales chart in the US, with NINE number ones just in the 2000s
That's right in the 2000s, Madonna sold more singles than ANYONE in the US
an unheard of acheivement for an artist that started out in the early 80s.
- Rolling Stones magazine. Oh dear.
- r231 = So true.
- Lesson learned, r250
- r398 Lady Gaga is Queen of Pop. There's no question about it.
- R394 that perfume list wasn't based on PURE sales, it was based on a number of things including Forbes editors picks.
Madonna has a WHOLE clothing line and health and Beauty line sold exclusively at Macy's that expands every year due to high sales
Madonna also has her own sneakers coming out as well as her Hard Candy chain of gyms that is set to open (finally) in the US next year
Last week another gym opened in Italy, where Madonna was SWARMED by fans
There is a reason that Madonna made $125 mil last year, while Gaga made $80 mil.
- Lady Gaga is the most powerful musician in the world. It's irrefutable.
- R403, Lady Gaga is boring and her music is pretty crappy.
- R404 Vadge is a greedy, narcissistic, unkind bitch who has sucky music and rips off fans with her horrible concerts.
- You are all harsh
- How much money is enough? For an entertainer with marginal talent, she's done very, very well. Why push it?
What she does is the titillating sex thang. When will she know it's time to stop? At least from the stage?
- So she's rich. Who doesn't know that? And why should anybody give a rat's ass about it?
- Her 15 minutes are up.
- She's going to need that money to keep paying for those young boys who are her "boyfriends". Live-in escorts aren't cheap, hunties.
- Vadge probably wants to be the richest woman on Earth too. Everything is a competition with her because she's just SO insecure.
- [quote]She's going to need that money to keep paying for those young boys who are her "boyfriends". Live-in escorts aren't cheap, hunties.
Don't forget money for the plastic surgeries and fillers.
[quote]Vadge probably wants to be the richest woman on Earth too. Everything is a competition with her because she's just SO insecure.
I've noticed that too. When you're still trying to "compete" and prove something at 55, you obviously are not happy with you're life and are insecure. And sadly for her, she will never be anywhere close to the richest woman on earth. There are 138 female billionaires in the world, and Vadge is not even close to being a billionaire. Even though she hundreds of millions of dollars, it probably still isn't enough for the greedy old cunt and drives her crazy so many others are ahead of her.
- but im on the bread line
- For fuck's sake-she should start spending more on her messed up and bloated face then. We know she can afford it.
- So many haters out there! The cold hard facts is that Madonna has provided for her children and their families for generations to come the best way she can. Like her or not, at least recognize that most people in the world would do anything to accomplish the same thing, but can't!
And remember nothing was given to her, she made her own way on her own terms.
That must be killing all her haters knowing she is laughing her way to the bank, oh wait she has people to do that for her!
- I think all those figures are gross, not net. Like, she's not pocketing $500mil. Rather, that's the total amount of gross sales for each piece of her economy.
- R415 "the best way she can" yes by being a lying, stealing, trifling, fraudulent whore. She literally faked it until she made it as there's not much talent or beauty there. Her personality is and always has been atrocious. Who cares if she made a lot of money? She's a selfish greedy bitch who is still miserable despite all her success.
- R415, who the fuck told you she's providing for her children and their families for generations to come?
I'll be surprised if the nasty old whore doesn't cut them all off in a fit of jealous, spiteful, narcissistic rage. She'll probably leave it all to those "Kaballah" con-artists.
- Madonna Tops Forbes' World's Highest Paid Musicians 2013 List
According to Forbes' latest roundup, Madonna made a whopping $125 million in 2013.
"The bulk of Madge’s millions this year come from the tail end of her MDNA Tour, which grossed $305 million," explains Forbes. Add to that heavy "merchandise sales at concerts as well as her Material Girl clothing line and Truth or Dare fragrance," and you've got a clear winner.
Her runner-up, Lady Gaga, trails behind with a "mere" $80 million. The tour she cut short due to her injury, explains Forbes, still grossed $168 million.
Bon Jovi lands in third place with a close $79 million. "All in all, the group earned more than Kanye West, Skrillex and Carrie Underwood," Forbes noted, in what might make little sense to anyone born after 1990.
- R419 there seems to be an endless supply of stupid gays around the world who have no problem giving this wicked, talentless demon money. I hate those gays and they are an embarrassment.
- [quote]Madonna has a WHOLE clothing line and health and Beauty line sold exclusively at Macy's that expands every year due to high sales
Seriously? I've never heard a thing about it. Granted, I'm not much of a Macy's shopper but if Madge had such a huge clothing, health and beauty line, I think I would have heard of it before now. I had heard that she wanted to open a chain of gyms and there were some difficulties.
- What is wrong with these gays who still support her financially? She's talentless and horrible.
- The queen is reigning! Please stop the hate. Madonna is on top because she's a savvy business woman and has talent. Get in line, take a seat and take note on how this is done, children.
- [R-423] Madonna only cares about receiving your goddamned money and obsequious praise. She's really laughing at you and your fellow fawning queens. She could give a damn. You're nothing but a glorified ATM. Earning millions and being a "savvy businesswoman" does not make her a better person, it just makes her despicable, aging, dried up cunt because she is all about herself.
- exactly R424 on top of having no talent, no beauty or no charisma, this woman is just a mean-spirited, selfish, greedy and miserable being. It's beyond comprehension why the idiot sector within the international gay community keeps putting her up on some goddess pedestal.
- [R-424 and R-425] I do NOT care what Madonna thinks of me. She is a wonderful artist and has demonstrated great compassion towards causes that are meaningful to me. She owes me NOTHING but what I want out of the transaction--her fearless artistic sensibility!
I can't speak to what she does in her private life nor do I care--- to the extent that it is none of my concern. When you point the finger you have four coming back at you.
I happen to relish the opportunity to be entertained by her and that comes with a price that I am happily willing to pay. I appreciate her business acumen and others could learn something from her abilities.
I am a Madonna FANatic and very proud of it. If that makes me an idiot in a stranger's eyes- so be it. We all age and I think the alternative will come soon enough for all of us. She's placed on a pedestal because she's earned it. If you don't like it, you know what you can do.
- R426 yes it does make you an idiot to people who have common sense and good taste.
This woman has not earned to be put on a pedestal-no celebrity has but certainly not a thief like her. That "fearless artistic sensibility" you rave about is really Madonna copying the work of real artists and calling it her own. She's a sham and a fraud. We can call her a con artist-that's the only kind of artist she has ever been.
- r426 to quote a line from guy richie's film 'take your tongue out her arse'.
"She is a wonderful artist and has demonstrated great compassion towards causes that are meaningful to me."
The artist bit is subjective. Apparently Damien Hurst is an artist because he cut a shark in half and stored it in formaldehyde in a tank. If I shat on a plate and said it represented the capitalist greed of society conbined with the hopelessness of today's youth - some idiot would celebrate it and call it art. Does not make it good OR art.
The compassion bit is all part of the savvy businesswoman, that you admit she is, rather than her being an empathetic human being.
Rather than celebrate the bitch because she is making tonnes of money, perhaps you can conider HOW she made her money - exploiting taboo's to keep herself in the limelight once her crotch grabbing wore thin.
Everything she does is entirely calculated by a savvy businesswoman and making a lot of money does not change that. People like you cannot see behind the very thin veil and admit what she is. The issue for the posters is not the money she has made but the contrived and deliberate exploitation of causes for her own ends.
If she donates $1m to an orphanage but gets $5m in merchandise and records sales back because idiots like you think she is a good person and go out to buy more of her products, if you change the word 'donate' to investment, she has just made a 500% return.
THAT is a savvy business woman.
- Preach it R428 . The only thing you missed is her documented history of thievery from others' works.
- r429 - Thank you, I stand corrected ;)
- and yet all the money in the world can't stop her from aging, or her face becoming increasingly distorted.
- It heartens me to see that you recognize her undeniable business success, which happens to be art, defies what any naysayers can throw her way.
She works hard to give millions of adoring fans unbelievable performances and has gift of interpreting artistic trends and bringing it to the masses with her own flare. Her record speaks for itself and she's obviously not in need of your adulation. In fact the vitriol that people like you have for her propels artists of her ilk forward. Your inability to acknowledge her artistic fearlessness is necessary for her success and development.
I am certain given her voluminous artistic offerings you have plenty of reasons to feel disgruntled. Fact is she's the QUEEN of her art form, like it or not. There are very few artist that have the longevity and diversity of Madonna. I am humbled by her success, daring personality and remain devoted to what she represents.
- R432 stolen art! Have a look at Vadge's LONG list of ripping off people:
- All I see is signs, all I see is dollar signs.
Money on my mind, money money on my mind.
Pour it up, pour it up......