- Melancholia was a total Dunst reboot.
- Melancholia (seen seven times and I own the DVD) is a great film, and Dunst really is wonderful. Seeing her repeatedly in the role, one notices a subtle, highly detailed and quietly emotional performance that is miles beyond what her contemporaries seem to be able or want to do. Von Trier deserves a lot credit, he photographs her so she is stunningly beautiful in many scenes, but finally she had to make the leap into a very strange, potentially alienating role, and the results are suitably upsetting when they should be, and finally, very moving.
- She's a good actress. Hope she kicked her heroin habit.
- Such an underrated actress, in part because her life is so unstable. Would love to see her in a biopic of Greta Garbo.
- What's her deal bearding with these guys?
I don't buy her thing with Hedlund for a second.
- Melancholia was wonderful, her best work since interview with the vampire.
- I don't know, but she's definitively hot.
- I definitely suspect that she is gay, or mostly gay. Firstly, my gaydar with women is excellent and she sets it into overdrive. Secondly, the rumors of her relationship with Liat Baruch, her 'personal assistant'. Thirdly, the amount of bearding the girl does for closeted gay men is ridiculous- most of her dating history is made up of bearding. Lastly, the amount of men she has been linked with is ridonk, seems like the work of an over-zealous pr person.
- quote[the amount of men she has been linked with]
- ^^^ 'Oh, dear' what?
Forgot to mention that butch tattooed 'room mate' she lived with for a while, they were even snapped kissing by a photog. This was the same 'room mate' who tackled the stalker who somehow made his way into Dunst's house while she was out. Elizabeth was the 'room mate's' name, I believe, her full name is in the court documents relating to the stalker case.
- Well-known cockhound. Sorry ladies.
She's one of the actress that I'm surprised made it out successfully alive from childhood stardom. A very talented actress, even as a child.
- Kirsten in a bikini
- That bikini pic is glorious.
Dunst a 'well known cockhound'? That's the first I've heard of it. If it's true, then why have the vast majority of her past relationships been bearding scenarios or fizzled into nothing after a few months?
- She should have won the Oscar last year. Her performance in Melancholia was fucking amazing.
- Maybe she should play a lesbian, that might snare her an Oscar. Not to mention her lesbian fans would love it, we have been waiting for her to give us a little bit of gay for far too long!
- [quote]Would love to see her in a biopic of Greta Garbo.
Playing who? Garbo's maid?
- Which actress should she share the screen with, R14?
- I don't believe Garrett Hedlund is gay. Where's the evidence, apart from dating Taylor Swift?
Have loved Kirsten Dunst since Vampire, had a crush on her then. Hope she isn't doing smack. Yuck.
- [r18] He 'dated' stone butch Kristen Stewart as well as 'pillow princess' Taylor. Pretty suspicious... I had a big crush on her in 'Vampire' too when I was a kid, and 'Jumanji'. She was a cute kid and a gorgeous teen. now she's a smokin' woman.
[r17] I would personally love to see her in a romantic role opposite Claire Danes, due to my obsession with both Dunst and Danes in 'Little Women' when I was young. Plus, both are great actresses and hot as well.
- My spidey sense tells me Hedlund is gay. There's just something so artificial about his relationships. I don't buy them for a minute.
- Like Dunst, then. [r20]
- I was thinking Neve Campbell
- Wouldn't say no to that, either [r22]
Maybe a tortured love triangle with Danes, Dunst and Campbell...
- She looked like a hot butch bitch at that costume institute party.
- Von Trier pretty much screwed her out of an Oscar nomination. I wonder what she thinks about that.
- Another possibility is Mandy Moore, but I'd like to see Mandy as the tortured soul and Kiki as the sunny one.
- That would be very interesting, [r26] both playing against type.
- [r11] Kiki's PR person.
- Dunst and Tilda should have at least been nominated for best actress last year. And one of them should have won.
I like the idea of Dunst-Danes. How about Dunst and Winslet? Or Blanchett?
- She was a stone cold fox in The Virgin Suicides. I also loved her Marie Antoinette.
- Winslet or Blanchett opposite Dunst would be hot as hell, both are both incredible actresses who are also stunning. Evan Rachel Wood might also be an interesting co-star, even more so now that she is openly bi.
I really hope that Kiki does play gay while she is still young and hot.
- Evan would be a good choice.
- Kiki with Elizabeth
- Kiki with Lizzy Caplan
- Kiki kissing Liat
- Thanks for the pics, knew that I had seen the one of her kissing her butch roomie Elizabeth before.
And those are just the tip of the iceberg, there are literally thousands of pics of her with Liat, they were joined at the hip until a few years ago... and even in pics of Kiki with her boyfriends, Liat often accompanied them or was snapped following a few paces behind or in the background somewhere, like Where's Wally.
There are funny pics of Kiki, Jake and Liat out together, where Kiki and Liat walk blatantly ahead holding hands as Jake looks bored a few steps behind them. I'll try to dig them up and post them here.
- That set of pics of Kiki and Liat in the car are really very telling... and the one of them kissing is unbelievable, thanks for posting it.
Why the rumours about Kiki haven't yet become mainstream, I'll never know. Guess the constant revolving door of boyfriends is doing the trick...
- with Liat
- I love her with Elizabeth
- more Elizabeth
- Thanks, those Elizabeth pics are good finds. Haven't seen the last few before. Any more?
- The ones with Liat definitely seem more couply.
- I dunno if she's gay, but there was this strange interview on Ellen years ago. Kirsten was relaxed and sexuall with Ellen and Ellen was sort of freaked by it. At one point she she "whew. And wiped her forehead like Ellen was sweating from the heat.
I wondered back then what was going on.
- Any link to the interview [r46]?
- I'm not diving into the Toothy Tile bullshit, but I don't buy that Garrett is gay and Kirsten is bearding for him. More likely, unfortunately, is that they're partners in drugging. Yes, Kirsten's "Melancholia" performance was amazing, but the gal has barely worked the past six or seven years for a reason.
As for Taylor Swift, I don't buy that she's a beard, either. You bitches seem to forget that she openly stated that she dumped the "other Taylor" (Lautner) after two months because of, in her words, a "lack of chemistry" (translation: she wanted to fuck, he wanted to shop for Louboutin peep-toes).
- She was great in Crazy Beautiful, I think dating Jake ruined her career.
- I think it's funny how people make fun of gay men for wishful thinking on secretly gay hot actors, but lesbians take it to a whole other deluded level.
- Kirsten and Garrett have a movie coming out together. Let's see how long they last once it's released. They don't really give off a romantic vibe.
- Looks like Kiki enjoyed it more than Caplan.
- Oh please, [r50]
One of the reasons there are suspicions about Kiki is because of her 'dating' several men who the gay boys here on DL proclaim as gay.
Cuts both ways, my dear.
- "Kirsten Dunst's New Party Pal: Samantha Ronson!"
- Kirsten is now on twitter:
- As an aside, the actor who played her cheating boyfriend in BRING IT ON died a couple of years ago.
- [quote]Why the rumours about Kiki haven't yet become mainstream, I'll never know. Guess the constant revolving door of boyfriends is doing the trick...
Well she has the same (gay) PR guy as Jennifer Aniston and we all know how many guys she's been linked to (that have just turned out to be bulcaka). The guy's a master of manipulation and gay reps are often the ones covering for other gay/bi industry people.
I have always got a bit of a butchy vibe from Kiki, I think she genuinely really likes women and has a better connection with them. She always looks so blissfully young and carefree when she's out with her girls.
- [quote]My spidey sense tells me Hedlund is gay. There's just something so artificial about his relationships. I don't buy them for a minute
All HW have a lot of artificiality about them - even the real ones!
Don't know about her relationships or if she's gay but I like her and she's indeed a very good actress.
- From the 'Crazy Days and Nights' blog:
'I guess there is more to the reunion of Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson then perhaps Lindsay is letting on publicly. Over the weekend, Samantha Ronson and Kirsten Dunst sat around and drank all night on the Chateau Marmont patio. This is while Lindsay was supposedly trying to reach Sam by phone and text all night and being ignored. Lindsay has always hated Kirsten because Lindsay thinks she would have got Interview With A Vampire and Spiderman if not for Kirsten. Now she thinks Kirsten is moving in on Sam and promises to have words with Kirsten when she sees her. So, Kirsten you might want to wear a raincoat to avoid flying drinks and to hold on to your purse with two hands so it does not accidentally end up at Lindsay's house.'
Kiki better beware, we all know what Lindsay is like when she gets possessive over Samantha...
- Samantha Ronson is so nasty looking, I don't know what these women see in her.
- If you see her in person, R60, she's actually quite pretty and very charming. She doesn't photograph well but she's charismatic.
- [quote]Lindsay has always hated Kirsten because Lindsay thinks she would have got Interview With A Vampire
Huh? Lindsey was like 5 years old when that movie was made.
That part sounds dumb.
- The character of Claudia is about 5 or 6 in the book, so maybe she thought that she was in with a shot. If she really did think that if it wasn't for Kirsten she would have got the role she is d-e-l-u-d-e-d.
Evan Rachel Wood and Christina Ricci also auditioned to be Claudia, and Kirsten was the very first girl who read for the role. She made an absolutely perfect Claudia and she looked exactly right. I can't imagine anyone else doing it and thankfully they chose her.
- Lindsay was about 8 when Vampire was made.
- R63 - are you sure? Christina Ricci is about 7 years older than Evan.
- Yes r65 Ricci was considered far too old for the role, that was one of the main reasons that they didn't seriously consider her. I believe it may be in her imdb trivia.
- so tempting!
- Kiki's hypnotic boobs
- The look lovely.
- Kirsten has beautiful breasts. I can't blame Kristen for being hypnotized and going in for a cheeky grope.
- Sometimes Kiki has great, full tits. Other times she looks like a wax bean. I prefer her on the fuller side. Also love her bone structure, and snaggle teeth. And her acting.
- I prefer her on the fuller side too, R71. I think she has adorable dimples.
- [quote]Samantha Ronson is so nasty looking, I don't know what these women see in her.
That's she's actually really nice?
I know that doesn't cut it these days.
- Is Maggie Gyllenhaal's American drug adddict movie star in Paris J'taime meant to be Kirsten?
- R74 - I have not seen that performance. Now I want to.
- Ronson probably looks better in real life than in her photographs.
- What makes you think that, R74? Because she is in a period piece (like Marie Antoinette)?
- here, R75
- so is she on drugs? a lesbian? Does she have any good movies coming up?
- Ronson looks like a smelly twenty-something dude.
- I thank she a lezbun...I told her she couldn't have none of my candy store cause this is my pussy chronicle and pussy dialogue and to stay out mah bidness.
- No, Ronson sounds like smelly 20something dude, or teenager. She looks like a dykey 30 or 40 something on heroin or meth.
- Kirsten on "Melancholia":
- Diunst has genuine talent. She made a very awkward transition to adult star because she's not traditionally beautiful, and unfortunately her most noteworthy adult role was as Mary Jane Watson, who is a model and supposed to be the most ravishing girl in the world. But now she's doing indie films she's found her metier.
- [quote]She's a good actress. Hope she kicked her heroin
My GAWD, is that true?
- Not pretty? She looks great in that interview from r84
- It's either insane or pathetic that people on DL (who ought to be GLBT but often aren't, but at least should be gay-friendly enough not to be heterocentric) can look at the photos that were linked here and accuse people of fabricating that Dunst is gay.
Reminds me of the whole saga of Nicole and Naomi. Didn't matter how many photos of the obvious couple people looked at; some idiots continued to say 'oh, they're just close girls' or 'actors are touchy like that' or the like.
Once you've had a girlfriend, you instantly know the difference between two demonstrative actresses and a lesbian couple. If you haven't, maybe you just don't get it.
- She does look good in the video from R83, though I hate the bright red lipstick on her.
- Talking about On the Road
- She's a great actor, and she's beautiful - until she opens her mouth. Then she's Gollum. Unfortunately acting requires opening your mouth to speak.
- She is articulate R90
- I'm talking about them teefs, R91.
- I thought she was really cute in the press conference when the director said the stupid Hitler things.
- Wasn't she with Tobey Maguire for a while ?
She seems indeed to specialize in bearding.
- R93, that cost her the Academy Award, sadly. Bitch wins Cannes and then doesn't even get an Oscar nom. Ouch!
- Definitly. Von Trier AntiSemitic rant got him kicked out of Cannes, but also condemn all the cast and crew who had worked on that movie.
Not forever, of course, but the movie was as good as banned from the Oscars and other film awards shows.
Of course, Von Trier didn't think or care about that, only his will to be controversial (or maybe he really is AntiSemitic ?).
- Whoa - the guy who played her BF in Bring It On was poz when they made the movie and later died of a heroin overdose.
- dunno but she definately set off my gaydar
- I don't know, but she is gorgeous and talented.
- She has the weirdest dating history ever for a supposedly straight girl. So many bearding scenarios w/rumoured gays and ten second 'flings' with co-stars (obv to promote the films).
Not to mention the fact that she vibes as an unhappy closeted lesbian to me, she seems uncomfortable in her own skin and sad.
- Dunst once showed up on a red carpet and you could see blood oozing out between her toes. That's where junkies shoot up so you can't see the track marks. But I guess she was too high/stupid to realize sandals weren't a good choice. So, yes. She was on heroin.
Not every serial bearder is gay. Some of them are drug addicts (e.g., Cameron Diaz). Some sleep around with "too many" men, i.e., it doesn't fit in with their America's Sweetheart image. Julia Roberts was linked to more than a few gay men because she was fucking around "too much"for her image. Also, she did have a drug problem around the time she did "Hook."
And of course, there are the lesbians.
- Kirsten always seemed like a hot mess with the heroin and coke and drinking, but never heard anything about her being a slut like Julia R. In fact she always struck me as being extremely un-sexual, her r-ships always seemed so fake and she has absolutely zero chemistry with any of her co-stars on-screen. Maybe her substance issues are sexuality-related, it has occurred to me more than once.
- I feel like a horrible person for this, but it gets me every time when someone calls her Drunkst.
- Is she still 'Drunkst' these days or has she cleaned up her act?
- I love her in Melancholia but that movie freaks me out.
- All I know for sure is that she's into chicks, what else she might like, I don't know.
- To R104: have you been reading these posts at all? Apparently she's moved on to heroin - not what I would call 'cleaning up her act'.
- Unless you spend every waking hour with someone, it's impossible to tell if he/she has cleaned up his/her act, which especially applies those with a ton of money.
As a fellow human, I like to think she's doing or feeling better than she has been at other times of her life (e.g. the splattered blood era). Most celebrities at least bump the occasional coke, I believe.
- coke bump up
- Any more (possibly suggestive) pics of her with any women?
- Looks good
- How many of her bfs were gay or rumoured to be gay? Most of them, right?
- At the Anchorman 2 premiere.
- Looks like she's been chowing down a lot lately.
- Is she pregnant? Her boobs are kind of big in that picture at R115.
- Is she with anyone?
Could be pregnancy, but I think it's just weight gain.
- She's always had big boobs though ..
- She's bigger overall.
- The green outfit is hideous.
- Who is she dating? Her gym buddy?
"She had just left the Tracy Anderson Studios in Los Angeles after a strenuous workout on Friday.
And Kirsten Dunst was showing the results of her efforts as she left the gym in clinging black vest and pants, which displayed her slim figure to the maximum.
But instead of looking tired, the Melancholia actress seemed to have elevated her energy levels as she actively chatted and gestured with her friend on their way out.
The pair looked like they had worked up a session sweat, judging from the actress's flushed complexion.
With her hair pulled up in a bun, the pretty blonde showed off her lean physique in a black tank with matching Nike capri leggings, Nike sneaker.
Kirsten has been a regular at the gym in recent months and joked that she would be 'thinner' if she wasn't in a loving relationship."
- She has zero shoulder definition in those pictures.
- r18 [quote]I don't believe Garrett Hedlund is gay. Where's the evidence, apart from dating Taylor Swift?
I don't know... let's see... his humongous gayface??
- Garrett Hedlund, actually, looks like he could be Kirsten Dunst's brother.
- [quote]Garrett Hedlund, actually, looks like he could be Kirsten Dunst's brother.
You tend to pick partners that resemble yourself, don't you?
- That is some fine logic there, R125.
- She has such amazing style. I love all the paparazzi photos of her.
- She has cleaned up her act.
- Kiki pings.
- No, she's just unusual
- Did they say who she was dating?
- what is going on in r67 and r68 pics
is that brunette Twilight actress gay?
- Stew liked what she saw.
- Richard Hillman any stories
Contracted HIV in the late 1990s.