- What a bunch of cunts.
[quote]The Rob that most of us came to know back during New Moon who was casual, laid back & generally willing to stop and interact if you were that close to him is long gone of course, and now a zipping jaunt past the crowd is all you can expect when he is on Summits watch. If you manage to find him out and about, results usually are better, but as long as Summit is pulling his chain, he puts on this miserable fan-unfriendly demeanour.
[quote]Kristen Stewart returns to be Bella, and nothing has changed with her. The generally miserable and anti-social anti-hero did her typical scurry thru the dozen or so people waiting. Like Rob, her attitude actually has become worse since the days of New Moon. Her demeanour went from "terrible" to "not bad" during New Moon, but then she left for a few months to do a Joan Jet movie, and returned as the most miserable person on the planet
A person who worked with her on The Runaways said she was a miserable, repressed closet case. I'm sure she'd be much happier as a out lesbian.
[quote]Obviously, not being a fan of the movies, I am eagerly anticipating the day this franchise is done here. We have NEVER had a movie (let alone a group of them) here that has been so miserable, anti-fan, anti-interactive and all around hostile.
- Pap confrims what we all suspected, butch KStew is the man in the relationship and fey RPattz is the ladyboy.
- And I don't think that relationship is sexual, R2.
- I hope Rob pulls his head out of his ass by the end of all this BS. Stuck in this relationship for nearly 4 years. Can you imagine any more time wasted on that lesbian bitch?
- R2, hot.
- [quote]And I don't think that relationship is sexual, [R2].
I think they probably fuck on occasion or when high, but they also have other opposite/same sex partners, especially Kristen (with same sex partners that is).
- R6, you're totally right. I think Kristen is definitely at least openly bi (and probably Rob, too). But I do think they have sex. Why else would she live/stay in his house, especially when he's not there?
- Well of course she's the one wearing the pants, robsten is her bread and butter, the only thing he gain from this relationship is a decoy from what's really happening in is life, her on the other hand well she got all of those fans, who started to like her when they started dating, publicity and the appearance to be straight.
- Because it's a bearding arrangement, R7. And the only way we know she stays or are lead to believe she stays there is because her friends post public pictures of Pattinson's house-they obviously know those will be distributed and analyzed by shippers as "proof."
Sorry, I'm cynical. I don't think EVERYTHING is PR, but some things do seem very purposeful.
And I'm pretty sure Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal and Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes lived/live together. I don't think they are fucking either.
I don't think Stewart ever looks attracted to Pattinson or sees him as anything other than her co-star/drug buddy/beard. She looks physically repelled by him most of the time. They have no chemistry together. Interestingly, that pap said when they got 'together' they became MORE miserable. Even with the constant attention put upon these poor delicate flowers, that's not normal. That sounds like an arrangement. Brangelina are and were more hounded and they don't look depressed to be together.
New theory, I know-Kristen (I believe) is your garden variety lesbian stuck in a bearding arrangement that has benefited her on numerous levels. It's kept her as a 'straight' girl in a popular showmance and promoted this stupid franchise of a movie in ways no amount of paid publicity ever would have. Pattinson same deal, mostly. Only the thing is starting to look ridiculous because both seem more miserable the more it goes on than they ever did when they were 'single.'
It's all so lame.
- "I don't think Stewart ever looks attracted to Pattinson or sees him as anything other than her co-star/drug buddy/beard. She looks physically repelled by him most of the time. They have no chemistry together. Interestingly, that pap said when they got 'together' they became MORE miserable. Even with the constant attention put upon these poor delicate flowers, that's not normal. That sounds like an arrangement. Brangelina are and were more hounded and they don't look depressed to be together."
Robert does seem attracted to her a lot of the time, but what guy doesn't like pussy? Whether he's gay or not, I don't think he's open about it so he'd still be attracted to that regardless. But the fact still remains that they RARELY show PDA in private, if at all. And recently, more ~onlooker accounts have said that she was ignoring him or they were with their respective groups of friends more than they were together.
- Kristen Stewart has such a butch presence that I can't even begin to fathom the thought that she actually fucks Robert Pattinson.
- [quote]It's interesting how he describes Pattinson as normal and affable when Kristen is not around, but miserable and anti-social when together.
The evidence is in the photos. Unless they are smiling for the cameras on the red carpet, they look irritated and tired of each other and the game they have to play.
- R11 well she's obviously playing Rob from right under his nose so if she can pull that off, she must be a better actress than we thought.
- I don't care about Pattinson and think he's an awful actor, but I remember when Twilight hype was forming, it was almost entirely about him. They went on some mall tour and he was his own attraction and he got mobbed every where. There were stories all over the place. I think Kristen was sent out with the lesser cast (including her BF/girlfriend Nikki Reed).
Edward Cullen was definitely the bigger star. Kristen Stewart's profile rose when this whole showmance began.
[quote]Robert does seem attracted to her a lot of the time, but what guy doesn't like pussy? Whether he's gay or not, I don't think he's open about it so he'd still be attracted to that regardless.
Most of the time he looks apathetic or downright miserable. He only seems happy and smiley with her during premieres- which I don't count as a sign of anything other they than have to look a certain way in that atmosphere. I've also seen him look happy with Camilla Belle, Anna Kendrick, Reese Witherspoon, Emilie De Raven and of course Tom Sturridge. I don't think it's attraction per se. I think he actually comes off fairly asexual most of the time. But he does have the ability to look smiley and warm with people. Kristen mostly looks happy when she's around females and some times she looks pretty turned on. Maybe she doesn't realize this? Or may be she does....
[quote]And recently, more ~onlooker accounts have said that she was ignoring him or they were with their respective groups of friends more than they were together.
It sounds like they are bored with each other, even as friends. After 4 years, that would be perfectly understandable.
- I'm sure Robert Pattinson is pretty aware Kristen is a dyke. I don't think she's playing him. I think they both know the roles they are supposed to be playing.
- R14 especially if they're backed into a corner and forced to play this role, which I think is the case. I do believe that they are in some kind of friends with benefits arrangement but I think they're mostly waiting it out until they can finally break free from each other. If the rumors about Kristen cheating on Mike with Rob are true, what other choice did they have but to be forced into this relationship. It does seem like they were genuine about each other in the NM phase but if shit went south so quickly, I can only imagine they're together by force. And not necessarily because they have to "sell" this (even though that is a huge part of it), but because they've dug a hole so deep, they can't really get out of it, especially with BD2 still looming.
And Kristen's resentment toward Rob, I think, is due to her having to be in a relationship/fake one with him because she can't be outright about her like for girls. I don't think she's one to hide that part of herself or be ashamed about it so her having to hide it for whatever reason probably pisses her right off.
- [quote]Kristen Stewart has such a butch presence that I can't even begin to fathom the thought that she actually fucks Robert Pattinson.
I agree. If she were bi, she should be able to look attracted to men, especially her boyfriend. Apparently she can't even fake it. Nope, it's like picturing Rosie O'Donnell being attracted to men. Doesn't compute.
- I don't think Rob would keep her around if she wasn't playing him, given her and her friends constantly post pictures of his house. I don't think he knows she's gay, though he must know she's at least bi. I don't think they would be ~staying together if she wasn't at least fooling him on some level that she had feelings for him. If it was all just for show, why not invite paps like she did with the London apartment? It definitely seems like she's tricked him into believing she enjoys his company, even though she treats him horribly.
- She's definitely gay but that doesn't mean she's open about it/embraces it. I definitely think she portrays a woman who is attracted to men because she's either in denial that she is totally gay or tries to push that part of herself way down so she doesn't have to confront it.
- [quote]I do believe that they are in some kind of friends with benefits arrangement but I think they're mostly waiting it out until they can finally break free from each other. If the rumors about Kristen cheating on Mike with Rob are true, what other choice did they have but to be forced into this relationship. It does seem like they were genuine about each other in the NM phase but if shit went south so quickly, I can only imagine they're together by force.
I think Kristen may have had a self actualization/Come to Jesus moment during The Runaways and admitted to herself she was a full on lesbian. Spending all that time with Joan Jett and embracing that probably helped. Again, a crew member said Stewart seemed difficult and unhappy because they thought she was a lesbian but trying to repress it. She was butch before, but that really increased after that movie-even after the horrible mullet grew out. So if Rob and Kristen had some kind of random hook up during NM and she dropped Michael or Michael dropped her-well the logical conclusion would be to give the fans what they were all clamoring for-ROBSTEN. However, what may have been a few sexual encounters back in 2009 doesn't seem to have carried over into 2012. They do not look like a couple currently fucking. They look like two people required to stick together out of obligation. And I don't think Kristen is attracted to men anymore.
What might have been some experimentation has been turned into a juggernaut (both by them and Summit, the fans, everybody has their role) and it's way too big to stop now. They CAN'T break up, even if they are tired of each other, both into same sex partners, whatever-it just can't happen with one more movie left to go. As we've seen, Robsten IS the Twilight PR model. That's all they've got to sell. If that disappeared, if they stopped hanging out/being a couple NOW, it would be a huge scandal and risk of bad PR, money loss, the whole ball of wax.
And that's going by if they ever hooked up, which I'm not sure ever happened.
- I don't see either of them as in denial or deeply closeted. Either they're dating and neither of them are totally gay (doesn't mean either of them are straight). Or they're not dating and are letting people think they are. They're young actors, that's not a super-hetero environment. They've both made a lot of comments that come across like hinting at not being straight, the sort of comments you would try to avoid if you really wanted to maintain appearing straight.
- I'm not saying it's the case, but I would not be surprised if they have some kind of contractual obligation to appear together as a couple.
- They've clearly boned. And ironically enough, that was when she was at her most butch.
- (R18) That's just ridiculous, he may be a nice guy, but he's not fucking blind. IMO he just don't care like she does, he seems pretty laid-back, and the kind of guy who avoid conflict.
In a PR angle it also make that he doesn't go out when she not working, he can't be single when she's around, although that didn't stop him last Christmas.
- R24 what part of him is "blind" if he believes her? He doesn't troll the internet so he has no idea what she does. She has these parties when he's out of town and she may not tell him about them. Him and his friends don't have social networking sites and that's for a reason; not to get hacked. He can be totally oblivious to what's going on because all the "proof" we see of her famewhoring is on the internet, which we know he has stopped frequenting. It's really not that far-fetched to believe she has pulled the wool over his eyes. She's been crafty about it.
- Yeah, sorry, I don't think so, R23.
- (R23)That not really a proof, and according to catherine hardwicke he was sharing his room with a friend.
- (R25) First most of his friends are on twitter so your excuses is wrong, second Pattinson said himself that he google himself a lot and even he if didn't most celebrity are aware of what's being said about them, because their people tell them, third when I said he was not blind I was talking about the fact that his "girlfriend" ping like mad and even he must be aware of that, hell that why we ended up thinking he was gay, because why else he would go out with her.
- R28 his friends have Twitters for promoting their music. They don't post pictures at house parties/tell people what they're doing on their down time. Kristen's friends are normal adults that tweet and post pictures of parties at his house. That's totally different. And yes, he may google himself (even though he said he stopped doing so recently) but I doubt he reads Kristen's interviews where she drops gems of their relationships, nor does he search her friends' Twitters or instagram or Facebook accounts and that's where all of the exploitation happens.
And you're assuming that she's openly gay around him. He may be aware of the fact that she's BI but he might be too daft to realize that she's just playing along with their relationship. She could have him fooled, just like the media, which don't for a second assume she's gay. She has plenty of people fooled, it's not so far-fetched to think he's oblivious, too.
- R25, several of his musician friends have Twitter and Facebook accounts, although I agree that they don't post as much personal info and cryptic comments as her friends do.
Also, Rob admitted a few years ago that he googles himself and reads his IMDB board, and I doubt that that's changed in the following years. For all we know he keeps tabs on our threads here.
- Do you have any gay teenagers contacting you?
Not really. It’s really just increasingly more and more straight guys than gay guys — unless my gaydar is just not really working. It’s just started happening recently.
They’re all kind of a little bit embarrassed about it, but, they’ll all go up and still get their book signed or whatever. I’m so used to, like, writing to girls I always keep writing, like, “Love, romance and kiss, kiss, kiss” that I have to, like, cross it out [and apologize], “Oh, sorry about that.”
- I don't think your argument is very realistic.
- For some reason Pattinson fans think of him as some kind of innocent, babe in the woods type preyed upon/tricked by the scheming, malicious Stewart.
I think Pattinson is probably a more likable person than Stewart (in the grand scheme of things. I'm a fan of neither) and it does seem like he's more relaxed and friendly when not around her and a naturally more engaging person. And I think he developed this angry-faux deep-artiste persona largely because of Kristen-which looks largely ridiculous and childish. That said-I think he's perfectly aware of what's going on and a willing participant (although he doesn't look thrilled about it). I think Stewart has the more savvy PR team and seems more willing to play the coy game and stir up the fans with the whole sharing clothing, dropping hints in magazines about her 'English boyfriend' and all of that type of stuff.
And it's absolutely ridiculous to think he doesn't own a computer, doesn't go on the Internet or Twitter or isn't aware that Stewart's friends are posting pictures of his house. If any of that were true-well than the Robbie the Retard label would be absolutely true!
I think Kristen knows she's gay deep down and is miserable about it. Pattinson almost definitely knows this. I don't see how he doesn't. He'd have to be an idiot.
R23, you could set up that shot so easily by having your PR person get a photographer to snap some pics on the same balcony and BAM tabloid story. THEY'RE HAVING SEX. Hollywood is smoke and mirrors.
I don't think they are presently having sex, if they ever did.
- (R29) But even if he didn't read her interview, every little gem she drop is used in most of the article that talk about them, and like I said above they have people in charge of keeping tab of what's been said about them.
And the only people she's fooled are the robsten.
But after reading all your post I get it, your one of his fans who like to believe is smitten with the big bad Kstew and he just a poor fly under her evil web, he is not that stupid, I think he know very well what he's doing even if he makes him miserable.
- Yeah, Rob/R31. I don't think those are straight guys.
- [quote]What might have been some experimentation has turned into a juggernaut . . . and it's way too big to stop now.
Right, R20. Not even the Summit people could have predicted the huge personal investment the fans would put into The Relationship of The Century.
Holy ground, indeed.
- [quote]He developed this angry-faux deep artiste persona largely because of Kristen.
And that faux persona looks silly on him. He doesn't wear it well. It simply doesn't fit.
- Well he's not really butch or manly enough to pull it off, R37. It just makes him look like a child having a tantrum.
- [quote]Stay Away Or I’ll Spill Your Secrets
[Hollywood Dame] This B list actress, famous thanks to her franchise films, is craving another hookup with her co-star. During premieres, she and the film’s leading man have crazy sex that makes fellow hotel patrons complain to the front desk about the noise. Unable to wait for the next red carpet event that will throw them together, she tried to call for an early hookup. His girlfriend answered the phone and caused the B lister to panic and hang up. When the girlfriend called her back, she blamed the hang up phone call on her assistant. His lady didn’t buy it and warned B list and her assistant that if it happened again her STD secret would slip to the tabloids.
This could be Robbie-Boy and Ashley Greene. That is if you believe the previous blind item from a different source that says they've hooked up over the years, and were so loud sexing each other up last fall in Europe that room service had to be called.
- While I think Rob is the lesser of two evils, I am certainly not a fan of his. Do I think he soaks up the attention and plays the PR game for his own benefit? Absolutely. Those paddle boarding pictures, the Pour Vous outing, those "date night" concerts that bring press to him, Kristen AND his friends... those are all proof he loves to play the game. But that's a totally different game from having pictures of your house posted all over the internet by what you considered a girlfriend, or friend, or whatever. One thing Rob has consistently stuck to has been maintaining his privacy in his place of stay. He even said in an interview that he rotates three houses and hotels so that people don't find out where he lives. He likes to keep his home and his truly private life private. I don't think he's aware that Kristen's friends post pictures of his bedroom view or the shrubs in his backyard. That's not something he would want, regardless of whether or not he endures paps to get the attention. You don't have to be a fan to see that. You just need a brain.
- And if you buy that Kristen is just your typical heterosexual girlfriend, jealous that Robbie is getting on with another girl.
Kristen is in to chicks so I'd doubt she'd care.
- R41 It could be a threat to the Robsten charade, though, and I can understand why THAT would enrage her.
- Well this is the second BI that points to Ashley Green and Robert Pattinson having loud, crazy sex. Very strange. Either it's true (doubtful) or somebody really wants us to believe it's true.
I love that most of the comments at Blind Gossip think the Pattinson/Stewart 'relationship' is a big bearding arrangement as well.
- Well, R40, since Rob bought a house in a high-visible celebrity area (Malibu?) I'd guess he must have known that sooner or later pictures would come out. So I'm not convinced that he's all that private. Hell, celebrities by their very nature are public people.
- [quote]Somebody really wants us to believe it's true
That's it. And that somebody desperately needs the world to believe that Robert is a hot, sexy straight guy.
- R44 lol, what? Rob didn't buy a house in Malibu. Kristen did, under her mother's name.
- And that Malibu house is totally secluded.
- And his Los Feliz how is pretty secluded, too. Notice how there aren't any pap pictures of it, or even of him around it. And it's totally hidden, with all its shrubbery and shit.
- That's pretty damned funny. Looks like I don't know the difference between Malibu and Los Feliz (and I live about an hour away from them).
Either that or I could care less where Robert lives.
Whatever the case, it's a fact that celebrities are public people by the very nature of their job. So having their homes exposed in photos is part of the gig.
- R49 but his house isn't being exposed by paps or fans or stalkers or whatever. It's not like there are people camping out outside. There are pictures inside of his house that are being leaked by his friend/girlfriend's friends, most definitely to her knowledge. I don't understand how anyone can think he'd be okay with that, whether he's always private or not. The fact that he had to make some kind of deal with the paps since they seem to leave him alone around that neighborhood should clue you in that he doesn't want his home to be violated in that way. It's highly unlikely that he knows this is happening and that he's okay with, much less that it's happening due to someone he probably thinks he can trust. You don't have to be a fan to see that that's totally fucking wrong. I think he's a dick and has screwed himself out of ever having a legitimate career but I don't want him to be betrayed by his close friends and have the entire world knowing what the inside of his house looks like.
- I think the blind item about Robert and Ashley is total bs, but I can totally see Kristen as the clingy possessive type who would not like it if they were hooking up. That blind was probably planted in response to skaterboy.
- A pap recently claimed to have stayed in front of his house for a couple of days and didn't get a glimpse at him, so maybe he is not living there.
(R50)Oh Honey,relax most of the world couldn't give a shit about these two, and to be completely honest one of the biggest reason this little group kind of does is people like you and the other brand of crazies that follow them.
Robert Pattinson has taken up paddle boarding and HollywoodLife.com spoke to an eyewitness, who saw the 25-year-old Twilight actor catching waves on a private beach in Malibu April 6.
“Rob was paddle boarding with an instructor last Friday,” our source says. “It’s the perfect place to learn because it’s really private, well it’s actually a private beach area in Malibu, and there are no rocks.”
Adds the experienced boarder, “At first, I didn’t recognize Rob, but then my friend told me it was Robert Pattinson, the guy from Twilight. He looks good out there. I mean you have a lot balance and patience but once you get the hang of it, it’s like meditating in the ocean. It’s really addictive and so good for your mental well-being.”
So it's a private beach and still the paparazzo managed to take all these delightfull pics of him paddle boarding in the ocean.
- R53 yeah, those paddle boarding pictures were definitely a photo op. A bad one, at that, because everyone knew that shit was planned LOL
- R52 He is living there, though. Do some research before you start talking out of your ass.
And her friends do that so that they can get their and Kristen's 15 minutes while not caring about who they hurt/manipulate. It's not right and you can be snarky all you want but there's no denying that.
- IMO I think they are in an arraingment till BD2 is out on DVD! Till they can suck every little bit of $ they can out of it! Truly I think Kristen is bi..with mainly liking the girls. And Rob well..I thinkin he just likes sex..dirty drunk sex..not sayin that at one point he hasn't woke up next to another guy, but yea! Mark my words 2013 will be the end of Robsten!
- So is Rob a top? Is the Skateboard twink his bottom?
- [quote]I don't want him to betrayed by his close friends
No offense, R50, but you're getting a little too close for comfort. It's borderline creepy to be so worried about a celebrity.
- God, R52, calm down. Who cares specifically where he lives? The point is that you are over reacting. Jesus, he's a celebrity, not your best friend, right?
- Celebrities are normal people, though. People are too quick to forget that.
- Robsten has gotten out of control way faster than anyone could've predicted including the producer and the stars themselves. rob and kristen are in too deep and simply cannot stop now come 2013 when the franchise is over so too will robsten.
- [quote]Celebrities are normal people, though.
R60. You're starting to sound like one of those emotionally invested fans who feels the need to protect Robert.
- R62 lol, because I realize that he's a human being like the rest of us? That doesn't make me a fan, much less a devoted fan. I would feel the same for Kristen and I despise everything about her, if it was her house and her privacy being invaded like this. I would feel the same for ANY celebrity.
- It IS kind of creepy and weird that Kristen's friends are posting pictures of his house. Especially the 'bedroom view'. Yikes.
That said, Pattinson has an agent and a manager to monitor things like that. An intern with a Google alert could find those pictures and send a cease and desist if they really wanted to. I wouldn't feel too bad for poor Robbie.
God these two act like such dicks though! The sulky, whiny, bitchy behavior over a life filled with such luxury, riches and good fortune. I just don't want to hear it. They've screwed themselves with the general public by acting like complete assholes over the past few years. They're about as likable as Gwyneth Paltrow, that other douchebag, whiny 1%er. You don't hear the Harry Potter kids being such sullen little cunts. Nor The Hunger Games actors. Shit, Leo lived through Titanic and managed to behave better.
Do Rob and Kristen ever do anything constructive with their fame and fortune? Other than paddle boarding and smoking weed? Do they give to charity? ANY charity? Sick kids in hospitals, the environment? ANYTHING? I think I read that Stewart said she wanted to open a bunch of half way houses for teens based on her role in Welcome to the Rileys. Well...has she done that?
No, they're just navel gazing, boring little twats with more money than talent or good sense. Their wooden acting and unprofessional bitchniess won't last long once Twilight is done and they can't open a movie (much less act in one).
- I think Kristen's friends post those pictures with her full consent. They would be stupid to go behind her back and risk incurring her wrath and have her drop them. This is all part of the games they like to play, just like sharing clothes, etc. It's all fuckery.
- [quote]I would feel the same way for ANY celebrity.
That's just wrong. They don't need your sympathy for many many reasons. So take a vacation and chill out, will ya?
- You nailed it, R65. It's all nonsense games and fuckery aimed at teen girls and their obese mothers and grandmothers.
- I really hope Rob turns out to be gay and a big lover of cock.
I would love to see the millions of insane Twihards and middle-aged women crying and screaming.
- "That's just wrong. They don't need your sympathy for many many reasons. So take a vacation and chill out, will ya?'
lol are you really saying this? Are you a robot?
- Name calling, are we, R69? The sign of a true Twihard.
- R70 LOL how is calling someone a robot? I don't like Twilight and I'm not a fan of Rob. I'm pointing out how insensitive you're being and how it's kind of unbelievable. To feel no remorse for a man having his life exposed by someone he trusts? Regardless of whether or not he signs up for a job that comes with an invasion of privacy doesn't mean he should get it from his FRIENDS.
- R71, I prefer Rob to Kristen, but the reality is that he is partially responsible for all this trouble. He chose to participate in a showmance, and now he's suffering the consequences.
- R70. How do you know that Rob trusts Kristen?
- R73 he either let her move in or lets her stay at his house. That's pretty trusting...
- Why are you assuming that they live together?
- So because two people live together (I don't believe they do) that means they trust each other?
You'll have to do better than that, R74. I can't count how many couples I know who live together and don't trust each other. And that includes those who are married.
- I do corporate PR with friends on the entertainment and media side. Believe me when I say this... If HE didn't want those pictures posted to Facbook or anywhere they would have been gone in an instant.
Celebrities have people that monitor everything and will do anything to protect THE BRAND. Remember THE BRAND and THE PERSON become one and the same for those that have reached a certain level or want to reach that level or something like it (trashdashians, courtney bigboobs, etc.)
CHILLAX, nobody is violating his privacy but him and his reputation/lifestyle/brand management team.
And no... My friends are not involved with any of them.
- R77 you do realize that he doesn't have a PR rep of ANY kind? And that hers is ridiculously good at what she does?
- Rob clearly takes steps to prevent paps from coming near his house, you think he'd allow pictures of the INSIDE of his house to circulate?
- He may not have a specific PR person but his manager and agent both are responsible for managing his BRAND (especially his manager).
- dear I-m-not-a-huge-fan-of-rob poster I think you should open your eyes just a bit or find some friends. Rly, even if Rob doesn't go on twitter, fb etc. he has friends and his friends are supposed to know kristen and kristen friends because, you know, they spend so much time all together, always hanging out and everything. So, let's say Rob rly doesn't know about those pix of his house cause he rly doesn't have a single person working for him and he never google himslef, don't you think that, at least, one of his friends would know about the pix and tell him ? Cause if you know poeple, even not a lot, you follow them on twitter, fb etc...so I guess his friends and kristen friends follow each other a bit...
Rly, it's just impossible for him not to know about those pix. Don't worry that much for him cause he certainly is quite okay about it.
- While I'm happy that Twilight is fading, it's obvious from this thread that the Twitards are still googling their fetish. Search Engines are the death of gay boards.
- Dear god, R81, don't you have something better to do in study hall? RLY?
- R81 um, his friends are touring right now. His true friends, at least. Are they going to concern themselves with stalking Kristen's friends profiles (and just because they hang out with them doesn't mean they're all friends and exchange social networking profiles)? Why would Rob have anyone look into what her and her friends are doing if he trusts her? He lets these people into his home so obviously he doesn't think they're going to betray him. And no, he goes to great lengths to hide his home from people so he wouldn't be ok with it. And he has two people working for him that make money off of him and his biggest money source right now is Robsten. You think anyone in that industry truly looks out for their clients? I don't think so. They clearly don't let him know what's said about him in the papers or he wouldn't be so willing to play Kristen's bitch all the time. Robsten is what keeping him going right now, and I'm sure his managers and agents are smart enough to see that and realize that without it, he wouldn't be as big and they wouldn't be making as much money.
And I am not Twihard OR a devoted Rob fan. I think they're both shit. But that doesn't make me a bitch that thinks it's okay for his truly private life to be invaded, and by the hands of people close to him. I'll say it again, I'd feel the same way about any celebrity. They may sign up to have paps or stalkers or fans camp outside their house (which I don't think is right) but they DON'T deserve to have pictures of their bedrooms posted on public accounts on social networking sites. Regardless of what a pathetic asshole they are, like Rob.
- [quote]a crew member said Stewart seemed difficult and unhappy because they thought she was a lesbian but trying to repress it.
yes everyone who is difficult and unhappy is a closeted lesbian.
crewmember = horny dyke who desperately wants that snatch!
- R81 just got her first period.
- R85,I'm pretty sure the only ones who want Stewart's nasty, unwashed snatch are the losers over at LChat.
You'd have to be Helen Keller to not realize Kristen is a closeted dyke miserable in this showmance.
- R84. You obviously are a fan of Pattinson since you know so many little details of his life, right down to the exact number of people who work for him.
It takes time and devotion to get that kind of information.
- R88 two people as in Nick and Stephanie, the only two professional people ever seen with him at public events? That are in pictures with him? That's not exclusive knowledge you have to go digging for. Next.
- R85 if there's any doubt in your mind that she's a lesbian... lol.
- God. You even know their names? R89, maybe you should write a book about him.
- R91 they're popular agents and managers. They have public profiles. Some people like to know what they're talking about rather than comment on things they know nothing about and reveal their ignorance Maybe if you did the same there would be validity in your comments.
- Um. I don't want to know the details of his life. But I do enjoy poking fun at the lame machine of which he is a part.
- Well you better believe the aforementioned Nick and Stephanie have interns, assistants and underlings monitoring web traffic for any kind of major violation, anything illegal or libel, or negative having to do with Pattinson's name and brand.
Kristen Stewart's friends are famewhores, but they are obviously acting out of her tacit permission. I don't think they'd like to incur her wrath and be edged out of her circle by doing something she disapproved of. She's definitely holding the cards. And I highly doubt Pattinson is oblivious. Maybe he doesn't care. Who knows.
They're actors. By definition they like the attention fame brings them.
- We get caught up with the whole drama about the "relationship", but it's actually all about money. They both have a huge monetary stake in this, and it is in their best interest to maintain the illusion.
- R87 and r90 sound absolutely pathetic! She's not going to fuck either one of you two losers.
- R87 must have got turned down.
- Oh, honey. There, there. I understand that you think being called gay is an insult, but it's not. Kristen is gay. The sky is blue, the Pope is Catholic. It is what it is.
The only thing sad about the situation is taking a boyish, little baby dyke, putting her in girly dresses and making her act like she's dating a man. Awkward and pathetic. And she can't even pull it off.
I just wonder why this upsets R96 so much?
- And R97 as well, apparently.
- Kristen is so obviously gay. And I know her stans like to claim that people are stereotyping when others say that but her manner of dress, her mannerisms, the way that she speaks and carries herself etc are just affirmations of the fact that she's gay.
Watch her interviews with Dakota. Look at her private, and public, pictures with her girlfriends. Look at the fact that she hangs all over them, in concerts, and not on Rob. That's all telling of a very gay girl.
- Here, have something to analyze. It's a 6 part series called "Quoting RobSten" it's a fairly good selection of amusing bits in interviews. They talk about each other the most in Part 5.
The one I linked is titled "Part 6- On Glitter Lube, Pillow Biting, and Spandex." Pattinson talks about Lautner a bunch in it.
- @83 and @86 : I put all those "rly" to make it sounds dumb because I think it's a bit dumb to think Rob or any celebrities are not aware of the leaked pictures of them or their house or whatever. I'm happy you noticed it :)
Now, it may be possible and maybe Rob has been betrayed...but IMO it's just not possible.
- That pap is still posting on IMDB and just confirm something I always suspected.
(and considering she gave Punkd an exclusive set of her with Michael A. looking playful & joyous)
- RPT, I say this with all sincerity, you have issues. I certainly hope that RP's friends or paid team have flagged you as a potential problem. Girl/Boy, you need help. Your obsession with this celebrity is unhealthy. Speak to a professional and get control over your life. Hopefully one day you will find that someone who will think the world of you and that is far more deserving of your devotion.
- That pap from imdb, y2john, was interesting. Including his comments about what he does in general.
Comments he made about Twilight that stood out to me:
- They've been told by multiple cast members that Summit sternly recommended they stay isolated. In his opinion, Summit is horribly run.
- He loved the cast during New Moon but hated them during Eclipse.
- His favourite is Jackson Rathbone because he's friendly and approachable. He initially liked Kellan Lutz but hates him now.
- Nikki Reed and Elizabeth Reazer moved out of the hotel Summit put everyone up in during Eclipse (presumably) to get away from the crowds.
- Robert Pattinson used to go out a lot but became a hermit during Eclipse.
- Kristen Stewart has always been asocial (duh) but became more so during Eclipse.
- R103 what is he saying?
- Kristen sounds like a bratty little cunt. I've never read anything good about her other than what her co-stars are obligated to say.
- [quote]Kristen sounds like a bratty little cunt. I've never read anything good about her other than what her co-stars are obligated to say.
But, but Charlize Theron loves that girl and the back rubs she gives!
Universal Pictures PR Dept.
- R104, who is RPT?
- [quote]Kristen is so obviously gay. And I know her stans like to claim that people are stereotyping when others say that but her manner of dress, her mannerisms, the way that she speaks and carries herself etc are just affirmations of the fact that she's gay.
She even has gay, or should I say, lesbian voice.
- R99 = paranoid, angry kook. Who told you to bring the crazy into this thread?
- I'm guessing R97/R111 is one of those frauish little trolls who has a minor meltdown when she hears one of her teen idols is a big ol' pussy loving lesbian.
Sorry hon, this isn't JustJared.
- R109, I would assume it stands for Robert Pattinson Troll
- R112 LOLOLOLOLLLL
- [quote]I'm pretty sure the only ones who want Stewart's nasty, unwashed snatch are the losers over at LChat.
So what about this post got all the Kristen fans into such a lather? That she's a dyke, that her pussy stinks or that the only people who fap to this chick are the LChat lesbians?
- R104/R109 -- it does indeed stand for Robert Pattinson Troll. Whomever is making the bulk of these posts is getting a bit creepy. I hope it is someone posting just to get a rise from the board and not some completely out of their mind fangurl.
- Is Kristen grossed out by Robert's uncut British cock?
- Thanks R116. I could not figure that one out. And, yes, that person is borderline creepy. He or she knows too many details about Pattinson's life and seems to think that's a normal thing.
- Well, Twilight is definitely fading. Only TWO measly little MTV Movie Awards nominations? How sad!
- And MTV also banned international voting. No doubt Twitards found a way around it but it's laughable that they realize international Twitards (mostly Brazilian) are the reason Twilight dominates their award shows. Making way for the Twilight downfall and it's delicious.
- There are at least two overinvested fans posting here. The poster who thinks RP is a naive innocent who's unaware of KS's evil machinations and who seems to follow his life and friends pretty closely, and the poster who flips out and starts ranting every time anyone suggests KS is gay. And now they're fighting with each other, which is fun.
- Robert Pattinson troll here and it's actually NOT me who is arguing with the Kristen stan.
- More people throw Rob a bone.
- Sounds like another miscast. A military interrogator? Pattinson? He's so...fey.
- I guess you finished your homework RPT.
- Ah, I don't mind RPT. When it comes to trolls, she's nothing in comparison to some of the crazy Kristen fans who've wandered over here. And if anybody remembers Romantic Fool... well, now THERE was a troll for the record books.
- [quote]There are at least two overinvested fans posting here.
No doubt about it, R121. And it's odd that they would come here to reveal themselves. Then again, as you say, they are kind of fun. Fun and just a little bit scary.
- This is overinvested!
[quote]Are you nuts? He is arguably becoming the most versatile actor out there. He has not only looks but talent, charisma and is a rare breed. Well done Rob! We love you!
A. Rare. Breed.
- Doesn't look like Robert Pattinson is having trouble getting film roles.
- Typically movies dealing with current events have done dismally at the box office. America doesn't want to see movies about 9/11 or the recent war in Iraq. The director is pretty much unknown and Patty boy can't act his way out of a paper bag.
- When you're getting work as an actor, R130, that's all that matters.
- No, R131. Not on Pattinson's level. He's not working for his dinner. Making direct to DVD garbage won't extend his career and this project has a nothing director and an unpopular premise.
Your argument is so ridiculously simplistic as to actually be laughable. Just 'getting a job' doesn't cut it in Hollywood. If you don't make movies people like and see, you're toast.
- R132 he will continue to get work and do well as long as he remains relevant to the under 25 (30?) crowd. The problem is that this group is very fickle and almost ADD like in their likes and dislikes. For the most part... these actors are almost entirely supported by big franchise films or ensemble casts with like actors.
Sorry, I am really not dissing anyone in this group. I just think it is a sign of changing times -- every generation has its own characteristics.
It is when he tries to break out of this mold that he does not do well. The Hollywood Reporter tore him apart in its review of Bel Ami. And, I think he was horribly miscast as Staff Sgt. Eric Maddox. I hope I am proven wrong on the latter, but if the former is any indication I don't think that I will .
- [quote]he will continue to get work and do well as long as he remains relevant to the under 25 (30?) crowd. The problem is that this group is very fickle and almost ADD like in their likes and dislikes. For the most part... these actors are almost entirely supported by big franchise films or ensemble casts with like actors.
I think the problem is that his popularity has already faded a bit among that crowd and he's going to have to give an Oscar caliber performance to win over the anti-Twilight audience. So far his movies have done middling business-especially in comparison to his fame level. Those Twihards are not coming out to see his movies and he isn't a good enough actor to win over the grown ups to get them to see his arthouse stuff.
Realistically, this movie will probably not make money. Twilight will essentially be over next year and for the next few years it's pretty much going to be about The Hunger Games actors.
Meanwhile-Robbie is still the same blank faced blob in everything.
- Completely agree R134. I think his only hope is to land another YA franchise.
- This new movie sounds utterly dismal, and he's been totally miscast. I think he would be fun to watch in a dark comedy.
- Why is 'Bel Ami' getting such a limited release? Is it because they don't have enough confidence in it to do well?
- R137. Actually it is going to VOD in the US a few days before it has its limited release. My guess is one of the actors has a clause in their contract that does not allow a direct to video release. Similar situation with LOL.
- I don't think this movie is meant to "sell" in terms of the BO. I think it's a project they want to put out there but I don't think it's with the intention of this being Twilight big or anything. The article mentions the director won an award at Cannes. I mean, this isn't a "breakout" role per se but it could be something to garner a male audience/have people take him more seriously. But I don't think it's meant to advance his career in terms of sales or even popularity.
- I think he may be doomed.
- Robert in a movie about "military interrogations in Iraq", PR people must really have locked that closet door by now.
- R141 I wonder who deleted Skater boy's CV.
- I don't he's that bad in that clip.
- He's completely miscast as a military interrogator. He has no screen presence whatsoever and he certainly doesn't project as a tough military guy hunting one of the worst dictators of our time. I mean, really.
I think he's trying to be A SERIOUS ACTOR, but simply doesn't have the talent to back that up. Just like the reviews for Bel Ami and all his other films. He collapses under the serious material he takes on and ends up looking ridiculous and laughable.
I almost feel sorry for him because who ever is advising him isn't taking into account his severe limitations and they keep pushing him into stuff he's totally unsuited for. How many times are we going to read that his performance was blank, or filled with tics, or just unbelievable and miscast?
That Cosmopolis clip was painful. What's with all the bug eyed stuff after each line of dialogue? I can already see that movie would painful to actually sit through. Maybe that's why the trailer was edited so fast and choppy. Just because something tries to be 'arty' doesn't make it good. I've sat through more shitty indie movies than I can possibly think of. This looks like one of them.
- I doesn't suit dramas or action films but maybe a comedy would be better for him. He seems to have a sense of humour unlike his sullen co-star. But both try so hard to come across as serious actors that's why they chose these kind of roles.
- OMG..are they for real? a military interrogator!! Come on!! Wonky legged Rob Pattinson?!! They are going to loose 98% of any of the males that would have gone to see this movie, by putting him in this lead role! true fact!
- [quote]I mean, this isn't a "breakout" role per se but it could be something to garner a male audience/have people take him more seriously. But I don't think it's meant to advance his career in terms of sales or even popularity.
Yeah, I think that's what they've been going after for awhile. Each role is supposed make us believe he's A Serious Actor but he doesn't have the chops to pull if off. And this is the most laughable yet. A hardened military interrogator in his mid 30s from Oklahoma played by a mid 20s fey little British boy with a wimpy voice? Good luck winning straight guys over with that one.
- R147 Yeah, I agree that this isn't the right role to try this with but maybe it'll go over well. Who knows. I feel like he's going to get into his head and mess it up, though. Let his insecurities get the best of him, which I think happens a lot of the time. It emphasizes the fact that he's an amateur.
- Please..did these people not see the trailers for Cosmo.? Hardcore does not = Rob Pattinson! sorry its a FACT!
- He always, ALWAYS looks uncomfortable on screen, like he just wandered in from craft services and wonders what the hell he's doing there. Just like that Cosmpolis clip, he looks really pained. It makes me itchy just watching it. He's very bad.
And he's not ROUGH enough to play a military interrogator. The whole thing is like some April Fool's joke. He's limited and one-note and that's being charitable. Nobody is going to take this seriously.
- [quote]I doesn't suit dramas or action films but maybe a comedy would be better for him. He seems to have a sense of humour unlike his sullen co-star. But both try so hard to come across as serious actors that's why they chose these kind of roles.
I agree and actually think his one hope of not being completely laughed out of Hollywood would be to branch out into comedy and stick to romantic (if not leads, character parts) roles.
- The real Eric Maddox:
- Johnny Lee Milller looks a bit like Maddox.
- Kristen,Rob & Skaterboy leaving Vancouver.
- Skater Boy looks so happy. He reminds me of Taylor Lautner.
- [quote]Kristen,Rob & Skaterboy leaving Vancouver.
Threesome? Or foursome with Dean (Rob's bodyguard)?
- MSN Romance or Fauxmance poll:
[quote]They may not smile at each other much, but K.Stew and R.Patz seem to be as star-crossed as Bella and Edward. Kristen even dumped ex-boyfriend Michael Angarano for her "Twilight" co-star. At first, Kristen and Robert flat-out denied they were an item, but in recent years, they've just gotten dodgier with their answers. All the secrecy only causes more intrigue. But is it all just to help sell movie tickets?
Romance is currently beating fauxmance 74% t 26%
- Skaterboi's vibe is definitely pinging.
Why all the glum faces? It's like they just watched that Cosmopolis clip or something.
- [quote]Why all the glum faces?
Really? I actually think they look pretty relaxed and smiley in these shots.
- The bar is so low when it comes to these sullen little posers, I guess a hint of a smile in one picture constitutes 'happy and relaxed.'
I just have to laugh because the troop of people that accompanies them on business trips and protects them in airports are usually the same group of people (if not a larger entourage) when they go out on those 'hot, romantic dates.'
Does nobody think that odd?
- [quote]The whole thing is like some April Fool's joke.
Tell me about it. I still can't get his nasal, monotone Cosmopolis trailer voice out of my head. Lord, I can't imagine him in a film like that.
He needs to go the rom-com route.
- [quote]Does nobody think that odd?
Well, now that you mention it...
- [quote]Lord, I can't imagine him in a film like that.
What about those delicate lady fingers holding a gun?
- Mission blacklist will start shooting in the Fall and it looks like they are looking for shooting locations in Iraq.
- Once again the tabloids have to remind us that they have a Romance and not a Fauxmance. It's so old by now--there's no intrigue at all. Unless you are a diehard fan who will never give up the dream.
- [quote]What about those delicate lady fingers holding a gun?
Dammit. Now, that's funny. Damned hilarious.
- When Tom was by his side all the time, he didn't need an assistant and now all of a sudden he does, even in his downtime.
- Don't start new threads about it if you want it to go away.
- R168 is aTwi-fan. No sense of humor. No sense of irony. No sense of anything.
- He actually thinks he's a professional actor! Oh, isn't that just precious?
[quote]As Jean-Stéphane is used to work with non professional actors, I thought I had no chance of getting the role," Robert Pattinson told us recently.
- I don't think anybody believes he can pull this off.
- Apparently he thinks he's both non-professional and professional. He believes he's the best of both worlds(!)
- I hope they find a wonderful lovenest in Tikrit.
- 2 other Cosmopolis clips have been posted, and if possible, they're even worse.
I WANT A HAIRCUT.
THE PRESIDENT IS IN TOWN.
WE DON'T CARE. WE NEED A HAIRCUT. WE NEED TO GO CROSS TOWN.
How do you go in and out of a New York accent in a 1 minute clip? AWFUL. The acting is so bad here I can hardly believe it. Maybe it's on purpose?
- This is the same guy that directed A Dangerous Method? If so, then this has potential to be a minor flop. As I recall, Kiera Knightly was to much of a lightweight and didn't get the best reviews. I think her "jaw" got better press for its part in the movie.
- Wow, another new project in the works for Robbie-Boy!
Robert Pattinson joins "The Rover" Robert Pattinson has joined David Michod’s The Rover. Pattinson, best known for his Edward role in the Twilight franchise, will play the character of Reynolds in the film. The film in the near future as one man relentless pursues his men who stole his car through the wild and rough Australian outback. This latest landing for Pattinson comes in the heart of busy times for the versatile actor. Pattinson, it was recently announced, will star in Jean-Stephane Sauvaire’s Mission Blacklist. The actor will also see his leading role in the David Cronenberg directed Cosmopolis debut in competition at the 65th Cannes Film Festival later this month. Guy Pearce will also star in The Rover. David Linde’s Lava Bear is producing the film. Pattinson is repped by WME, 3Arts, and Curtis Brown.
- Weird dialogue. I can't tell if it's boring or interesting. But I'm already tired of the whispering they both do. Seems really strained.
- I like Guy Pearce but the premise sounds pretty thin and lame.
- Sounds a bit like "Mad Max lite"
- I can't wait to hear Sparkle's Australian accent.
- An actor can be fey and pull off a military role, Peter Sarsgaard did in Jarhead.
Robert Pattinson has a different voice he speaks in in movies (at least when he has an American accent) than in interviews. Thomas Dekker does it to a more extreme extent. They both end up sounding like Batman and I find it jarring. Also, I find Dekker's acting suffers a bit for it.
- R167, so you think Rob is gay and having sex with his assistant?
- I guess they decided not to hide skaterboy anymore and just go with the PA story.
- Oh, I see the new Skaterboy pic at R154. Cute smile.
- Absolutely, R184! And I should know!
- Is the Pope Catholic R182?
Having sex......., of course not; he's completely asexual!
- R186, up until now there's been no proof Rob is gay - that's why I'm asking.
- What kind of proof do you mean, R187?
- There's no proof that he's straight either
- Breakdown of "proof" of Robert Pattinson's sexuality:
- One confirmed ex-girlfriend, Nina--points to straight BUT only one girlfriend could be seen as questionable
- Rumored relationships with Kristen Stewart, Tom Sturridge, skaterboy, and whoever else (could mean anything)
- Gets very flustered when "you're in the closet" gets yelled at him, points to him being in the closet, gay or bi
- "I thought you were going to ask me if I'm gay, I wouldn't know how to answer that
- Says his childhood crush was Kate Moss
- Has described what type of woman he likes
- Half the time he gives gender neutral answers to those sorts of questions
- Okay making jokes that make him sound gay--could be seen as confidence in heterosexuality, hinting at not being straight, or slip ups
Feel free to add to that.
- Can we add his delicate white lady fingers to the list?
- Let's add his inability to generate any form of sexual energy with his female co-stars.
- There's never been a candid shot of him kissing a woman.
Always linked to very butch women or women who have lesbian rumors about them.
- No, R191.
R192, I would say lack if sexual energy with anyone, female or male.
- He described his type of woman as "strong" and says he likes Katherine Hepburn but doesn't like Audrey Hepburn because she's "too girly." Maybe he has a thing for women who are at least somewhat butch? Or the androgynous waif look in Kate Moss's case.
No, candid shots kissing a woman--pointing to either a hatred of PDA or not being into women at all
- -There's barely any photos of him touching women at all. The photos of his ex-girlfriend are what I would consider incredibly chaste and non-sexual. I remember one picture looked like he was her mentally slow son.
-Doesn't really act like a straight boyfriend when it comes to Kristen Stewart. Doesn't hold doors for her, will walk 5 feet in front or ahead of her, will run into a cab and leave her fending for herself. Most (although not all straight guys) will usually be SLIGHTLY more chivalrous. He seems oblivious to women in general.
-Zero rumors of him hooking up with women (unlike say, Ryan Gosling, who has a ton of rumors about him).
- Let's not forget his " I really hate vaginas" remark.
He said he lubes up before sex scenes, rather dubious remark.
When asked " if he had a girlfriend"at the Harry Potter premiere, he answered that the situation was complicated.
And so on...
- "He said he lubes up before sex scenes"
What does that mean? I've never heard an actor say that before.
- -Perez Hilton hinted at a hook up with Marcus Molinari, Katy Perry BFF. There's video of the two of them leaving a party together.
-Yes, the I hate vaginas remark was...interesting. He said he didn't enjoy the Details photoshoot involving naked women and had to be "hungover" to get through it.
-Always teasing Lautner with sexual innuendo- is he teasing because he knows Taylor is gay or is it more?
-The Nevis Devine BIs claim Pattinson is at least bisexual.
-The bearding arrangement with Stewart, who in my opinion is one of the most obvious lesbians Hollywood has turned out in a long time.
- Lack of rumors of him hooking up with anyone.
He comes across chaste, non-sexual, and oblivious with Nina, Kristen, and most people.
I argue the "doesn't act like a straight boyfriend" point. IF him and Stewart are dating it wouldn't change that he's the more feminine and passive of the two of them.
- -Video of him hugging his HP co-star, wrapping his legs around him. Usually straight guys don't want to get that close to each other.
- -Can be described as very fem and nelly for a straight guy. But maybe he's just a posh English boy.
- Link please, R201
- You asked for, R203.
- - Handful of people on datalounge claiming to know through mutual friends that he's bi
- The fact that even at the MTV Awards when he and Kristen win for Best Kiss, he can't bring himself to lock lips with her.
- -I think there's been one or two on DL who knew him and claimed he was straight.
-I think one claimed they knew someone who worked on New Moon and said both were bisexual.
-Essentially conflicting reports from 'insiders' so it's a wash.
- R208, not quite.
The evidence leans more towards both of them being gay or bi than it does towards them being straight.
- Well since I believe the evidence points to Kristen being 100% lesbionic it definitely poses the question of who the hell Pattinson has been fucking (if anyone) in the 3+ years this arrangement has been going on?
If he's been secretly hooking up with girls we have very little proof. There was the Sarah Roemer incident and one post on Gawker that alleged RP fucks around on film sets.
-He has no sexual energy, so if he were asexual than there would really be no problem in bearding Stewart.
-If he's straight he must be fucking some very secretive people.
-If he's gay, same thing. Could be anyone in his circle.
- All those so called " insiders" are full of shit. Remember someone said there was going to be a huge PR stunt on Kristen's birthday; nothing happened!
- To elaborate on people-on-the-Internet-claiming-to-know
- a few people claiming he's straight
- Someone from the early parts saying it was fairly well known on the New Moon set both him and Stewart are bi
- Someone else later on also claimed he's bi
- Someone in the celebrities we know are gay thread claims to know through "mutual pals" that both of them are bi
- Someone on L Chat claiming to be an insider described him as a Kinsey 2 (and Stewart as a Kinsey 5)
- the first comment under Nevis Divine on blinditemsexposed is someone suggested the item is about Pattinson because they had heard he's bisexual
From what I've seen Internet chatter leans towards bisexual.
- Except, R212, that there is more evidence towards him liking men than women.
- The only thing that really makes me pause about the bisexual stuff in relation to Pattinson is that he never seems really turned on by ANYBODY and has zero sexual chemistry with either sex, which would be weird for a guy attracted to BOTH sexes.
And I've never bought the Kristen is bi rumors because again, the only time she really seems sexually attracted is with other women. Certainly not with Robbie. That girl is gay gay gay.
- [quote]the first comment under Nevis Divine on blinditemsexposed is someone suggested the item is about Pattinson because they had heard he's bisexual
When that BI was first reported it was common knowledge that Pattinson was bringing Tom around as his date to events and premieres. However, when Twilight PR began in late 2008 it all pretty much centered on Rob having a "crush" on Stewart, but since she had a boyfriend it would stay "unrequited." I think that was the very beginning of when the fans started clamoring that Kristen and Rob should get together and she should ditch the boyfriend.
Hardwicke went on and on about how much chemistry Rob and Kristen had (except they didn't) and how she warned Rob to keep his hands to himself.
- R215, and it seems that Tom remained Rob's date and companion at most events and in public through 2009 and 2010.
Then in late 2010/early 2011, we stopped seeing Tom spending so much time with Rob and he got involved with Sienna Miller.
What caused that to happen I wonder?
- He gives off an asexual vibe, I see it as one of many points not something definitive. He could just be reserved or it could be a general tendencies towards not being outwardly affectionate (which could fit with him being any sexual orientation). He could be asexual. He could be nearly but not quite asexual. Maybe closeted and gay.
- R216, I really think it could be as simple as Tom was dating Rob then and is dating Sienna now.
- R218, it would appear Tom Sturridge is bisexual as well.
I wonder if Sienna Miller knows?
- R219, if he is it would be odd if she didn't know at this point. Considering they've apparently known each other awhile and he would have been fresh out of a relationship with a man. It would have come to her attention somehow. I wonder how she would feel about him being out?
- Yes, I guess Sienna Miller must have noticed how much time Tom was spending with Rob prior to his involvement with her.
There are photos everywhere of Tom & Rob shopping together, walking the dog together, and going all sorts of other places etc.
- Tom and Sienna knew each other years before dating, so yes, she knew.
And Tom doesn't seem to have any trouble being demonstrative towards Sienna, while Rob and Kristen can barely touch each other without puking.
- I would think Sienna's pregnancy would lend more credence to Tom being Bi. JMHO.
There hasn't been a sperm free pregnancy for over 2000 years -- or so,they say.
- You need sperm, you don't need to have sex.
- It is entirely plausible that Rob's relationship with Tom is platonic since they are childhood friends, and there is no sexual chemistry to speak of in any of their pictures together. There are many pictures of the two of them floating around before either one was well known, and there is no suggestion that a romantic relationship existed between, them and they had no reason to hide anything at that time.
- R225, if that's the case, then why did Tom disappear all of a sudden from Rob's side last year once discussion of their relationship and his constant lurking behind Rob become known?
- [quote]there is no suggestion that a romantic relationship existed between them and they had no reason to hide anything at that time.
To play devil's advocate- well, as two actors trying to make it in Hollywood, being 'out' would definitely not have been encouraged. And who knows. Maybe their families would have been against it, social pressure, who knows. There's all kinds of reasons why gay people live in the closet.
And there was a time when I thought the Pattinson/Sturridge relationship was VERY weird for two straight guys. Always traveling together, living together, going to events, parties, premieres. It was extremely odd. And it seemed like the fangurls and gossip blogs did take notice when it became too obvious and then Tom went away and hooked up with Sienna Miller. So, who knows.
- It's also entirely plausible that they were lovers; I was merely suggesting an alternate possibility because they have no sexual chemistry in any of their pictures.
- Define 'sexual chemistry', R228.
People show affection in different ways. Rob looks a lot happier with Tom than he does with Kristen.
- Sexual chemistry much like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
- "To play devil's advocate- well, as two actors trying to make it in Hollywood, being 'out' would definitely not have been encouraged. And who knows. Maybe their families would have been against it, social pressure, who knows. There's all kinds of reasons why gay people live in the closet."
I'm going to play devil's advocate as well. You actually make a really good point which is why it makes no logical sense for Rob to have introduced Tom as his boyfriend at industry events as was alleged in the nevis devine bv.
I would not be surprised if Rob and Tom's relationship was platonic or romantic. There's enough plausibility for either scenario to have been the case.
- [quote]You actually make a really good point which is why it makes no logical sense for Rob to have introduced Tom as his boyfriend at industry events as was alleged in the nevis devine bv.
There's lots of actors who are commonly known within the industry to be gay but portray a heterosexual image to the general public. So he COULD have been bringing Tom out as his boyfriend within those circles without being out.
- Just like I think that people in the biz are probably aware that Kristen is gay but nobody talks about it.
[quote]I would not be surprised if Rob and Tom's relationship was platonic or romantic. There's enough plausibility for either scenario to have been the case.
Do you also think it's plausible to bring your platonic friend on practically all of your " hot dates". In the beginning when Rob & Kristen were supposed to be madly in love, he was always with them. When you are that in love ( and we were told that they were over and over again) you want to be together and get to know each other. What you don't need is your platonic friend as a fifth wheel.
- Were the paddle boarding pictures staged? I have a vague recollection that they snapped on a private beach.
- [quote]When you are that in love (and we were told that they were over and over again) you want to be together and get to know each other. What you don't need is your platonic friend as a fifth wheel.
You're certainly right about how we keep being told over and over (and over) again about how much they are in love with each other. I can't recall any other celebrity couple whose glorious relationship has to be spelled out by the tabloids because the romantic spark isn't visible, even no doubt to the Twifans, who need the constant reinforcement.
R235, I wouldn't be surprised if those photos were staged. It's curious that the paps just happened to be there in the right location at exactly the right time.
- Those photo's were staged, it was a private beach, see R53.
It definitely was a set up, probably to give off some kind of military vibe to convince everyone he was right for the part in Mission: Blacklist.
It explains the being athletic show and the buzzcut completed the picture.
- This cryptic post from the Gossip no one in Hollywood will say out loud! -Part 2 always made me wonder. Kristen Stewart listed among a well known group of lesbians. Spins her own yarn indeed.
These actresses all belong to the same knitting circle but only a few of them spin their own yarn.
Amber Heard. Spins her own yarn.
Kristen Stewart. Spins her own yarn.
Raven Simone. Spins her own yarn.
Sarah Paulson. Knows nothing of such a thing as spinning her own yarn.
Candice Bergen. Spins the finest French based yarn and nothing more. She only knits in France and Skypes to her pals who are in the knitting circle.
Cameron Diaz. Would like to learn to knit.
Allison Janney. Needs private help in learning of knitting patterns but is too prideful to broadcast that fact to the rest of the circle.
- Correct, R232. High-profile gay couples that don't want the public to actually know they are gay go everywhere together but don't actually introduce themselves as boyfriends.
Famous example: J. Edgar Hoover & Clyde Tolson
- I'm not sure if Rob is gay. European men are somewhat more feminine/comfortable with their sexuality than other men and some of their actions may be seen as "gay". I will buy that he is bi, though. I also don't know if Kristen is openly gay but there's no doubt that she's bi. Boy do I wish her friends were desperate enough to leak that information rather than the interior of Rob's house.
- Kristen may have been bi when she was younger and dating Michael A. I don't think there's any real doubt now that she's a gay girl.
Rob - I would say he's feminine but I'm not sure if he's exactly comfortable with his sexuality (whatever that may be). He seems awkward in general. I would also question the bisexuality thing because he has a very strange lack of female relationships in his past. Again, his lack of sexual energy and chemistry with anyone is very weird.
- When these two 'break up' I picture Stewart bearding up with some other co-star and riding that for as long as possible.
For some reason I see Pattinson just being a loner.
- Robert pervs on pretty much all of his female co-stars though. As does Kristen though, so LOL.
- Pattinson will go back to London and hang out with Tom Sturridge and his other bisexual friends in the arts community.
- Agreed R242. Kristen comes off as deeply closeted.
- Robert certainly doesn't seem to mind kissing and teasing Taylor Lautner. He kissed him at the MTV Awards and said he has a nice ass at an event last fall.
- If either or both of them are bi are gay I see both of them going the glass closet route. No big coming out story from either of them. Nor major cover ups.
Kristen Stewart would probably go the Jodie Foster/Ellen Page/Joan Jett way--just not say anything.
Robert Pattinson I could see being a toned down version of James Franco, in that I could see him making a lot of convoluted, almost contradictory statements.
- He already does that now, R247.
[quote]I'm not sure if Rob is gay. European men are somewhat more feminine/comfortable with their sexuality than other men and some of their actions may be seen as "gay".
Haha, I am European and trust me straight European men are generally not that feminine as Rob; when they are,they are gay!
- Comments from a guy who's seen SWATH. No surprise here.
- "Here’s something I’ve never seen in two decades of covering the Cannes Film Festival—an à la carte menu of celebrity interviews, with steep prices. This week a publicist at Alliance Films notified a number of Canadian journalists coming to Cannes that their outlets could purchase interview slots for two movies that will premiere in Cannes, On the Road and Killing Them Softly, which Alliance will distribute in Canada. Last year we heard complaints from Canadian distributors about the cost of finding space for Canadians in Cannes press junkets. But this is first time we’ve been handed a price list. The “participation fees” range from from €750 ($975) for an On the Road roundtable interview that would include Kristen Stewart to €3,000 ($3,900) for a TV interview with Brad Pitt.
But Carmite Cohen, vice-president of publicity and promotions at Alliance Films Inc, insists “we are not selling interview slots.” In a phone interview today, she explained that Alliance decided not to contribute to the high cost of Cannes publicity for On the Road and Killing Them Softly, preferring to support a domestic opportunity closer to release. (Typically, many high-profile films that premiere in Cannes later come to TIFF). “I’ve never seen such high costs,” Cohen told Maclean’s. “Wow— €3,000 for an interview is high. I want to be able to take care of our journalists here instead of spending $20,000 in Cannes.”
But Alliance has offered to “nominate” Canadian journalists whose outlets are willing to pay European distributors or sales agents. “We don’t want to hold you back,” says Cohen. “We’re giving you the opportunity with absolutely no expectation. We’re not pitching you.” She also stressed that Alliance will not be charging for interviews with talent from their two Canadian films premiering in Cannes—Brandon Cronenberg’s Antiviral and Xavier Dolan’s Laurence Anyways.
Paying for interviews is something most news organizations, including Maclean’s, will not do. Cohen, however, said some Canadian media outlets have expressed interest. Here is the Cannes menu for face time with filmmakers and actors:
On the Road
€750 per interview for roundtable (Available Talent: Walter Salles, Sam Riley, Garrett Hedlund and Kristen Stewart)
€1,000 per interview for one-on-one print interviews (Available Talent: Walter Salles, Sam Riley, Garrett Hedlund and Kristen Stewart)
€1,500 TV interviews (for a package of four individual interviews with Walter Salles, Sam Riley, Garrett Hedlund and Kristen Stewart)
Killing Them Softly
€2,000 – Print Roundtables
€3,000– TV Interviews
€2,500– Print 1on1s
Brad Pitt, Scoot McNairy, Ben Mendelsohn, James Gandolfini, Richard Jenkins, Andrew Dominik (Writer & Director)
Note: No Print 1:1 requests for Pitt. Talent will be paired for interviews"
Basically, OtR is not good enough for people to want to promote.
- She's very KristenStewarty. Yep. No surprise. If you've seen it once, you've seen it all.
- I don't even know why anyone would want to make a film version of On the Road, much less why anyone would want to go see it. And I'd kind of imagine that if Kristen wasn't able to hide her dull and overdone Kristeny self in SWATH, then it will be much worse in On the Road where she can't hide behind a period costume.
- I guess that's why the left the KristenStewarty parts out of the trailer.
- R253 It's funny because they're marketing the movie as a Kristen Stewart movie but people who have seen it have said that she's doesn't even appear in the movie enough to make an impression.
- As it should be. Marylou doesn't take up more than a few pages in the whole novel.
- R256 They did expand her part, though. Clearly to take advantage of her Twifame.
- She's looking at Charlize with admiration and sexual frustration.
- Charlize and Chris look like stars. The rest, blah, fades into the background.
- It's mind boggling how someone working in the business, who knows the numbers and has a lot more information then average person can think, that hiring her would bring Twilight crowds. It was proven time and time again that she can't do that. Her fans are not interested in her if she's not Bella or Rob's girlfriend or it's such a small group, that it doesn't make a difference at BO.
All of her movies are flops and it's not just something haters say, because their jealous. It's clear as day those movies do not make a profit, the data is out there for everyone to read. I don't know if even one of her movies made back the production expenses. How is that a successful BO draw?
- I don't think she's marketable and I think that fact will become more apparent as Twilight fades to a distant memory. The same can be said for all of the Twilight actors though.
- R260 I don't get it either. It's like these people only look at Twilight's numbers she isn't what makes Twilight big. And there's evidence of that, like you said, in her non-Twi movies that flop so embarrassingly they don't even get wide releases. People are already predicting that SWatH won't break the bank in terms of making back its budget and some people don't even want to pony up the dough to help promote it. It went the Cannes circuit last year, shopping for a buyer, and no one took the bait. The fact that her two post-Twi movies have a very bleak future should hopefully get Hollywood people to pull their heads out of their asses and see that she's not a worthy investment.
- re: 262 they don't want to promote On the Road.*
- Snow White has nothing to do with Cannes and probably WILL be a hit, but that won't have anything to do with Stewart in particular, in fact, you could make a case that it will do well IN SPITE of her 'KristenStewarty' acting. Which is why they've down played her role to nothing in the trailers, I imagine. It's Charlize and the Huntsman who have both been promoted heavily.
On the Road will open with some tepid reviews and fade from memory in a week.
- R264 yeah, the comment had a spelling error, I was referring to OTR when I made that Cannes comment.
And people who have seen SWatH have said that they don't think it's going to do as well as people expect it to. I think it will do well but I don't think it will come close to meeting the ridiculous budget that has now become even larger with all the promotion they're doing. There's a lot of internet hype over it but that doesn't always mean people will flock to the theaters to see it. The Twilight hype has died down considerably in terms of the internet and yet BD did ridiculously well. Sometimes the hype is not what it seems on the internet. The ones excited will flock to the midnight showing and the rest will see it days or weeks after it comes out.
- You may be right, R265.
- And all of the mass amount of promotion done for SWatH kind of hints at the fact that the studio doesn't have faith in it, as does the comment about there not being a SW-center sequel (funny that both Hunstman and Queen sequels have been put on the table as possible). This reminds me of John Carter and all the TV spots and promotion that was put into it (yet it flopped). And the promo we've seen for this movie doesn't make it any more desirable to see. They're bringing Kristen in more (as I suppose they have to, lest people start to wonder whether SW is in the movie AT ALL), and nothing of hers has been impressive. The more they show her, the more people lose interest. And the studio can't push her into the background any more than they already have.
- The only spots I've seen show her running and gawking with her mouth open. That's about it. I think I've heard about 1 or two lines of dialogue. The Huntsman and the Queen definitely seem like the stars. Snow White third in line.
- She should do well as long as her people stop trying for indie cred and find her the right framchise with an ensemble of pretty, young things. Only problem with the franchise strategy is that she needs to be careful as she nears her 30s. Hollywood is none short these days on male/female pretty, young things.
I don't know how money plays into things anymore. Is it the movie? DVD sales? TV rights? Or, all of this?
Case in point. Take Wes Andersen. Now please put aside your love/hate feelings for his films, this is strictly a numbers thing. With the exception of The Royal Tennenbaums, not one of his other films made any money. Some were horribly unprofitable yet he continues to be funded and his films get made?
Is it good for the studio to have bragging rights for bagging an "artiste"? Do, the DVD sales and TV rights make up for the lackluster box office?
- I think SWatH has a chance at making it internationally, but I don't know if it will do well domestically. And yeah, people have started to notice the lack of SW and are probably showing as little Kristen as possible while still establishing her as being in the movie. So far, we've only seen her in BTS videos and from what I've heard from people who have read the script, Charlize is barely in the movie. People who are going to see it for her will be disappointed.
- A movie is not considered to be a success if it doesn't make money in theaters. And Wes Anderson is a great director and writer and his movies are good, but it seems like most of his movies were bought out by Fox. It doesn't look like many companies are jumping at the chance to buy his movies, regardless of how good they may be.
- [quote]Only problem with the franchise strategy is that she needs to be careful as she nears her 30s.
I think she'll be well over by 30. Her biggest problem is that she has no range and can only play one type of role (angsty teen) and she's practically aged out of that cohort. I would also say that the indies she does make aren't the prestige/award baity stuff that gets you recognized (like say, Michelle Williams) but just a whole lot of generic garbage nobody sees (like this upcoming 'Cali' thing, which reads like a 90's wannabee indie cliche).
Franchise movies are mostly male driven, comic book stuff. They have a B-list actress thrown in as the girlfriend but nobody cares about those roles. Although it's kind of interesting because the way Snow White is being marketed, Kristen reads more like the throw-away girlfriend character nobody pays attention to than the star (unfortunately she's probably in the movie quite a lot-false advertising there).
The Hunger Games and Twilight-both female driven, are rare. And Bella is a big, wet blanket like Kristen, so perfect casting there. She's too lazy and inert on screen to compete with real action stuff like Jennifer Lawrence pulled off. I can't even imagine what other kind of franchises Kristen could attach herself to.
She has name recognition but no likability or marketability. In fact, her name probably turns off more people than it attracts.
[quote]Charlize is barely in the movie. People who are going to see it for her will be
Word of mouth is definitely going to nosedive if that's the case.
- R271, yet somehow Moonrise Kingdom was green lit. Does the Fox buyout allow for future development? I often wondered if films like these were used to showcase certain actors appearing in bigger budget films released later on -- creating buzz on the great acting, etc. Kind of like a "loss leader" strategy.
- 30 is no doubt going to be an especially harsh turning point for Kristen. Physically, she doesn't have the presence to carry off anything other than girlish-teenagery roles, and she's getting more horse-faced as she ages, so it doesn't look like she will have the classically beautiful looks that might preclude poor acting skills.
So what's left? I could see her playing the occasional crazy or doped up user on something like Law and Order. You know, the kind of side show actor needed to fill in a minor plot line here and there.
- She'll be lucky if she's not completely played out by 25. By 30-people won't even remember her name! That's 8 years from now! Nobody is going to remember or care about any of these people 8 years from now except as the punchline of some joke.
She's like a very less cool, less pretty, even MORE one-note Winona Ryder and we saw how that went down. You can't be the young ingenue forever. You either grow up to big girl parts, or you're done.
- I see her going the same route as Lindsay Lohan and Blake Lively; becoming a model/fashionista to make up for the lack of roles she'll be getting. She's already setting herself up now, with the Balenciaga deal and all of a sudden becoming a fashion enthusiast. She's going to push to be taken seriously but she's going to either become gossip fodder and be exploited by the fashion world or be an Ashley Greene where she'll take any job people are willing to give her, no matter how awful it is.
- The way she's overexposing herself, all of those magazine covers etc, is going to make people really tired of her, really quickly.
- I wonder if she'll come out once the hype around calms down.
- “Girls are scary. Large groups of girls scare the crap out of me.”
Ok Kristen, I believe you.
- Yeah, well, her "Kristen Stewart" face in magazines and her "KristenStewarty" acting will only get her so far. And it won't be very far.
And keep in mind her most batshit fans are all Twilight losers. Once Twilight is dead they'll slowly peal off and move on to other things.
- Amazing forum comment from August 2008:
[quote]I've been reading this thread for the last hour, there is something Creepy about all of this that is strangely alluring. It's a bit like the books really , there is something totally wrong about them, the ideals they portray are enough make you nauseous, and the writing is a bit like Danielle Steel in a bad day but there is something compelling about them that I simply cannot pin point.
[quote]I think This Robert Boy is just perfect for all of this, he's just Stunning, women like stunning, simply gorgeous but there is something about him that is not quite right, I have a feeling that he's one of those actors that if he gains a bit of weight and has 5 years more on his back, he'll turn a bit sleazy. And everyone but him is going to be pinning for is lost beauty.
Recent comments from ex-fans of his make me think of this.
- The AV Club calls Kristen Stewart a "dead eyed talent vacuum."
I predict Robert Pattinson will be this decade's Luke Perry. Hey, remember that guy? Whatever happened to him? Yeah.
- I can't wait 'til Twilight is done and we see her downfall.
She's been nothing but an asshole this whole time, she deserves it. Maybe on her way to obscurity she'll.......learn the meaning of humility?
.........Nah, probably not.
- Not a chance, r283.
- Humility and Kristen Stewart are like water and oil. You can shake them up forever, but they never mix.
Bad metaphor, I know. But it works. The girl is a legend in her own mind, and that's not going to change any time soon.
- [quote]I think This Robert Boy is just perfect for all of this, he's just Stunning, women like stunning, simply gorgeous but there is something about him that is not quite right.
I agree, there's something about him indeed. Could be perversion,calculated; I am not sure.
The "nice guy" act, I just don't buy it.
It's just beyond comprehension that all those Twitards keep hanging on to this "Edward" image, psychosis at its best.
- He's got those weird looking folds over his eyes. Makes him look like a reptile sometimes--like in the photo above.
And those modeling photos he posed for when he was younger reek of the perverse. Sure, his fans say he was young and inexperienced when he did them, but those pictures are extremely odd as modeling photos go.
- He's neither sexy nor sensual and probably wouldn't know how to be if he tried. Please look to Ryan Gosling and Michael Fassbender, who both just have IT, and could have chemistry with a brick wall.
- Of course the Twifans can't see Robward's not quite right side because to them he's just Awww, so Awkward and Adorable.
- They really call him Robward? Talk about blurring fictional character and reality....
- A reptile,so true!
That calls for a new nickname, forget RPattz, Robward, Spunk Ransom.
Robbie the Lizard; much better!
- What are you saying, R287? That Rob is morally perverse for doing those modeling photos as a young guy?
- Perverse, yes, maybe. Morally perverse? That's a stretch.
- Well what is it about these modeling photos that reflect on his personality?
Are you saying it is something that reflects on his psychological make-up?
- Robert's early modeling photos make him look even gayer than me.
- Aren't I sultry?
- The always feminine, completely 'straight' Miss Stewart will be attending the Met Ball tomorrow night. What's the over/under on how long it will take her to ditch the Balenciaga dress she'll be contractually required to wear to get back into her usual lesbian trucker clothes?
- As soon as she can hit the after party, I presume. I wonder if Balenciaga is going to stay true to her and dress her in their new love of trailer trash chic.
- DykeStew pretends she didn't call the paps
- Seems like Dakota Fanning and Kristen are keeping up a secret love affair.
"Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart are having dinner across from me at La Esquina. #ShortGirls"
And she was seen at Kristen's apartment in London while she was filming SWatH...
Why are things so tense when cameras and people are around when they're clearly very close "friends"? Pretty clandestine.
- What's with the cap?
Has it been used to snort cocaine?
- Is that SkateBoard Twink I see in some of the photos at R302?
- As dykey as usual r300. And it's not just what she's wearing. It's everything about her.
- Sorry, I meant this one!
- It's probably dried sweat, R305. Which is totally gross.
It's very obvious that Kristen was 'born that way' and it's only a question of if she will continue to repress it and 'date' fem ladyboys like Pattinson for public consumption while surrounding herself with a bunch of like minded dykey girls in private. Or just live in a glass closet like movie Mom Jodie Foster.
She was totally in lust with Dakota when she made The Runaways and it was pretty fucking obvious to anyone with eyes. The come-fuck-me looks she was always shooting Fanning, the sexually laden commentary on the DVD, all of the hand holding and touching. Kristen fairly lit up when Dakota was around. Anybody who can't see Kristen is a big ol' muff diver are the same people who thought Ricky Martin was straight and Rosie O'Donnell had a big het crush on 'her' Tommy.
And what about Dakota? Has she ever had a boyfriend? You never hear anything about her dating ANYBODY which I find interesting.
- That bodyguard is such a complete dipshit. He acts so DRAMATIC like he's guarding the president. Bigger stars walk around without such drama.
- R306 you know what, you're right about Dakota's "dating" life. That's really interesting, actually. And the fact that her and Kristen seem to be sneaking around is really suspect. Makes everything look weird.
- Go on back to that den of iniquity, L Chat, R301. No one with any sense thinks DykeStew and Dakota Fanning are actually fucking. Well, except you and your fellow laughable L Chater dykettes.
- Wow, somebody hit a nerve at R309.
And I don't even like LChat. Their love of Kristen and their hate of proper grammar and spelling confuse me.
- R309 then why be so secretive about a friendship when she's so open about her "relationship" with Rob, which she swore to "keep to herself" and so open with her gang of hipster twats?
- Lchat is full of robsten fanatics who try to pass themselves as lesbians who are convinced Kristen is straight.
- I don't believe for one second Kristen is straight and fucking Rob, but that sure doesn't mean I think she's fucking Dakota Fanning. I don't believe Dakota is gay, and if she is, I think she'd have better taste than to "date" dirty, smelly KStew.
- Point taken, R313. That said, I think if Dakota was willing, dirty, smelly KStew would it hit in a New York minute.
- But we know next to nothing about Dakota, personally, and even less about what her "tastes" are. If she's wiling to hang out with Kristen, whose to say she's not willing to hook up with her?
- I think Dakota was dating a boy at her school. She even said it in an interview not so long ago (said she wasn't in love and that he was the only one she's been dating).
But it's more than sure Kristen will go for it if Dakota was okay ! The girl just can't control herself when Fannng is around
- [quote]I worked on Robert Pattinson’s movie set when he filmed in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and it was very well known on set that Pattinson was with and was seeing Kristen Stewart.
[quote]I’ve only met her once but in my honest opinion I would say yes. She’s very quiet, and shy and I didn’t talk to her much, but she waiting for him in his trailer with his dog. I loved his dog, so cute. He use to walk him in dog park in yorkville. He rented an apartment really close to the park.
[quote]I’m sure. They were very close when she was there and he would touch her back a lot and he would bend down and whisper in her ear a few times and she would smile at him and touch him back. It was sort of disney sweetness between them. I’ve never worked with Kristen Stewart but I wish her the best as well.
more from her at link
- Why would some random Cosmopolis crew member go to a website labeled 'norstendrama' (how would they find such an obscure website?) to relay information on how real and in love Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are? That's even more random than some insider coming here and telling us about their house and their clay floors (good for dancing).
I'm assuming real crew people have better things to do.
- And the people on that site are more than a little fucked in the head. Wow. Kind of like the flip side of the Robsten fanfraus.
- [quote]It was sort of disney sweetness between them.
Ah, yes. How chaste and middle school. Or how very much like Edward and Bella. Sounds like one of those crazy fans who has lost touch with reality. I've never really heard of a grown adult describing a relationship as 'a sort of disney sweetness.' But maybe because I'm a rational person and not a child?
- R318, at the link she explains,
[quote]One of my friends Emily Ramsha who’s an editor at Flare magazine sent me a bunch of different links for research. Some work I’l doing for her magazine on blogs, twitter, and the internet culture.
- I've read enough fan testimonial on how sweet, chaste, romantic, hard working, shy, quiet, blah blah blah to read between the bullshit. She's employing all the buzzwords of a Twilight fan. I can write that shit in my sleep at this point. And spot it just as quickly. I'm just surprised her screen name wasn't something like 'NewMoonForver." She absolutely does not read like a person employed in the industry. She sounds like a 14 year old from Nebraska.
- Oh, now she's saying she was going to post 'proof' but because of all the mean comments she's flouncing.
She also REALLY REALLY doesn't sound like either an industry person or a writer. She sounds like a naive school girl with very basic, low level communication skills. You can just tell she reads very very young.
[quote]To think the link I was given I thought was a PR site about Robert Pattinson. I guess I was wrong. I was going to post my picture of me with them in it, but I won’t because of the rude comments. Well I have a lot of good maternal for my story.
- Right. The 'disney sweetness' is the giveaway (besides the hard to believe fact that a crew member would just happen to be posting on a site loaded with women who want to eat that fantasy up).
Yet another sample of The Fandom needing to create their own romance stories since the real 'disney sweetness' moments don't exist.
- [quote]Emily Ramsha
Hmmm, well if that's her 'friend' I'm assuming she would know her name is actually Emily RamshaW, who is a freelance fashion editor at Flare. Usually people know the names of their friends and spell them correctly. Just a typo like all the 'maternal' she has?
- She sure doesn't sound like a writer. And that "I won't post proof because you are so rude" is one of the lamest excuses on the planet.
- From what I gather tthe more extreme ends:
Robstens - think the two of them were meant to be from the beginning and are rl Edward/Bella
Nonstens - think Rob is a poor innocent flower and hate Kristen (see: Romantic Fool)
Nonberts - small in numbers and think Kristen is a poor innocent flower and hate Rob
Krisbians - either have chaste, straight girl crushes on her or just straight up want to fuck her
Nonberts - don't like either of them (possibly for not being enough like Edward & Bella); think it's all pr and are pissed about it; a lot of former Nonstens that are annoyed at him for associating with her; plus, a few people that were never Twilight fans to begin with
- Where do the scary L Chat dykes fit in, R327. They've not "Krisbians" because they actually fuck women. Or should I say they dream of fucking them while eating Cheetos and fingering themselves to multiple viewings of "The Runaways".
- Wow....that's insane. I can't keep track of all those names, there's too many and they sound the same!
I think that site linked are made up of Nonberts? They seem to hate Pattinson and Stewart pretty virulently - almost to a really insane degree. They seem like fans who feel betrayed somehow and are now anti-fans. They seem just as crazy as the Robsten people only instead of love it's really vicious hate.
And I actually think a lot of those Krisbians might be girls who are gay but don't want to admit it. Kristen's gayness is kind of like a gateway drug into figuring out their sexuality. There's just a little too much drooling over how 'hot' and 'sexy' she is for me to buy that those girls are really 100% straight. And they probably think it's 'safe' to like her because she reads like a lesbian (or as they believe, a 'tomboy') but she's TOTALLY straight, y'all! Those are the ones who get very offended when people actually believe Kristen maybe a lesbian because they take it as an 'insult' and think people are just stereotyping her because of the way she dresses.
And I can't figure out if those Robsten women (most of whom are middle aged) are just hot for Rob and so self-insert themselves into Kristen's role as the 'girlfriend' when they go on and on about how pretty and sexy she is. Do they love her because she's their Bella and she's the closest thing they'll get to Pattinson? Or if they are truly attracted to her and just like Pattinson because he's associated with her? The way they drool over the both of them (even at their most greasy and unkempt) is truly creep and delusional. I wonder what their husbands and kids think about their 'hobby'?
- Wow isn't that calling the kettle black because all of you on this sight are so sane and not fucked in the head *insert heap of sarcasm*
- [quote]Where do the scary L Chat dykes fit in, [R327]. They've not "Krisbians" because they actually fuck women. Or should I say they dream of fucking them while eating Cheetos and fingering themselves to multiple viewings of "The Runaways".
They're just lesbians with bad taste. They love everything Kristen - her acting, her 'adorable' awkwardness, her lesbian 'swagger', her body, EVERYTHING. They're typical superfans, the only distinguishing characteristic over there is that they also think she's a dyke who loves women. I can get that they want to fuck her, I just don't understand how they think she can act.
- Before I get "jumped" on site*
- Lisa (R330) I like to think this is more pointless bitchery and gay gossip (like DL's tagline says) then the vicious hate over at that other site. A site I've never heard of before.
Twilight, its fans, and its very lame actors are just made for pointless bitchery, don't you think?
That said, the saying is "the pot calling the kettle black." And the proper spelling for a website is SITE. Sight is one of the five senses.
- The last one should read NORSTEN (major typo)
L-Chatters just fall under the larger umbrella of her queer girl fan base and are closely related to the Krisbians in being fans of Kristen and not caring as much about Rob. I've heard the term "Gaystew fans" used for gay Kristen Stewart fans that are enthusiastic about Kristen being gay.
I find fandoms fascinating and this one is... Weird and weirdly detached from the rest of fandom. A lot of fandoms interact a bit, Twilight is off in its own world for the most part.
- R331, Some on L-Chat don't think she can act, they just think she's hot and one-of-us. Ebert thinks she can act, she gets some critical praise, super fans aren't the only ones that think she can act. I like her acting but I also don't mind Winona Ryder, Keanu Reeves, or Garrett Hedlund--apparently, I like people that don't emote much.
- Yeah, I find the fandom analysis really interesting as well.
It would make a good book one day.
What I'm going to find the most fascinating is how the different fandoms react as Twilight goes away and ESPECIALLY when Robsten eventually comes to an end. What will the fan reaction be? Will the internet survive the 'break up?'
- "Hatedom" - a generic term for any anti fandom, what you get for the most part on DL.
DL I find just tends to think almost everyone is gay and closeted and is very bitchy about their preceived closetedness (though DL frequently is right about who is gay).
DL also tends to be bitchy about anyone stereotypically gay. Hence a certain recently banned word for feminine males.
- Lisa = one of the most deluded fans on PRSten. The ladies over there started the site after they let a few Robsten lovers overrun their previous meeting place o'crazy, Showbiz Spy. They loved their "Bob" (and still do deep down!) but have turned on him because of his association with "Butch". They claim to hate Kristen, but they sure as hell love to document her every move.
certified psychos Ashley, Rachel, Steph and Deb
- The few times I've lurked on LChat I've been surprised at how many over there actually think Kristen is straight and legitimately dating Pattinson. It seems like there's always a lot of in fighting there between the 'Kristen is Gay' vs 'Kristen is Bi or Straight' factions which is kind of weird for a lesbian board.
I also find they're kind of naive and spoonfed about how Hollywood works and just how manipulative the Twilight PR machine is. They seem to think Kristen and Robert never manipulate their PR or image because they're either too famous to need to or too honest and anti-Hollywood to engage in that kind of fuckery. I find their topics a bore because superfans can never be objective.
DL is a lot more thoughtful and cynical which I appreciate (and not just in this thread).
- And R337 just documented why I love DL so fucking much. It really is a bright spot of cynicism in an otherwise dumbed down world.
- R338, I was wondering how they started.
- [quote]They seem like fans who feel betrayed somehow and are now anti-fans.
That's the impression I got as well. I can see where it comes from, both Kristen and Rob have said some crappy things about Twilight and the fans. I'm not a Twilight fan so it doesn't faze me. Around the time Breaking Dawn came out I became fascinated with the Twilight phenomenon. Pattinson's trolling of the fandom and how divided the fandom are both part of the appeal to me.
I actually overall like Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart as personalities but I've barely payed attention to his acting and get how they could irritate people.
- "Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart as personalities "
Those are their least redeeming qualities. They're actually handicaps.
- I also get the feeling they liked how anti-Hollywood and 'real' they thought both were and are 'betrayed' by all the PR fakery Pattinson and Stewart engage in. Especially if you subscribe to the theory the relationship is a showmance.
As far as DL goes, hating a bunch of untalented, closeted actors is par for the course. The fact that they're in Twilight just adds more bitterness on top.
- I find their personalities (or lack thereof) the most irritating and repellent things about them.
They are walking, talking hipster cliches without one iota of self awareness. They are as annoyingly spoiled and navel gazing as those twats on 'Girls,' only those are fictional characters I'm supposed to laugh at. Kristen and Robert are sadly real.
And they take themselves so god damn SERIOUSLY. Their faux rebellious attitude is as much of a put on as any smiling Disney starlet- only for some reason being 'angry' and 'broody' somehow makes a person 'real' while being happy and peppy is for phoneys. Only morons buy that.
Kristen Stewart is the epitome of both a spoiled, bratty teenager and an entitled child star who has always gotten her way. She was born on third and thinks she's hit a triple. A legend in her own mind, it baffles me that anybody who thinks lipbiting and blinking rapidly is SERIOUS ACTING could possibly be that pretentious. And everything I've read about her, from her interviews to the way she treats crew people and fans, is overwhelmingly negative. She's a cunt with nary one redeeming quality. I have no idea how she has fans or why they like her. But they seem to be mostly comprised of idiots anyway.
Pattinson is a big whiner but my biggest bone of contention with him is his total lack of acting ability. A person with that little talent and that flat, shoveled in face shouldn't be hired for anything more than extra work.
They think they are too good for Twilight? Leonardo DiCaprio is too good for Twilight. Jennifer Lawrence is too good for Twilight. Robert Pattinson's and Kristen Stewart's total blankness is JUST right for a series about empty abstinence porn set to boring emo music.
I can't wait until I don't have to hear about Twilight anymore and people stop hiring them hoping those idiot Twilight fans will turn out to see more stiff, wooden acting in movies NOT about sparkling vampires.
- I don't even know if it's hatred. It's more a fascination with how two people with a little above average looks and questionable talent could have been projected into the celebrity stratosphere by fans who have taken sides and are at war with each other AND whose lives are predicated on every move these two people make.
You have to admit that the whole damned mess begs for examination.
- [quote] And they take themselves so god damn SERIOUSLY
Well, that's just it, R345. That's what is so annoying about both of them. They've put themselves up on this pedestal where they have no right to be since they can't act themselves out of a thin paper bag.
- I'm laughing. Balenciaga must truly hate Kristen.
- Balenciaga is not showing KS the love. The ill fit, the ugly dress, the basketball heels that emphasize her cankles . . . Not a good night for Ms. Stewart.
- Horse face with mouth open. Not a good look is right. With that face on, it wouldn't matter even if the clothes were right.
- This is the second time they've given her something that is not only hideously ugly, but that doesn't even fit properly. No, they definitely aren't showing her the love.
But besides that, the hair is too blah and pedestrian for such an avant garde dress, her posture is slumped as usual, her mouth is open and it even looks like she has a lazy eye. She definitely doesn't look like she belongs there.
- It absolutely boggles my mind how somebody's eyes could that dead and lifeless. And an ACTRESS at that. Isn't her job showing emotion on screen?
- And yet @338 you seem to know more about their sexuality then we do. And wow I feel honored that you have been tracking us for all those months, obsessed much. Although some of your details are wrong very wrong. Found a new home I see, guess they kicked you out of the sandbox for what you did on the other site;)
- [quote]It even looks like she has a lazy eye
That's it. I just couldn't put my finger on it. And there's a bit of sleaze about her there, too. And not in a good way.
- Let's take a break from talking about Kristen for a moment.
Is this the SkateBoard Twink in another photo with Rob & Kristen?
- R355 yeah, he was described as a "buddy" when Rob first got to Vancouver. Even the paps don't think he's an assistant, and they see a lot of celebs.
- What have the paps said about him?
- R357 One of them wasn't aware that he was an assistant and said that he said seen him while Rob was shooting Cosmo in Canada. They just called him his buddy that one time. I don't blame him, Skater boy doesn't act like an assistant at all.
- Well, what is Skater Boy doing with Rob & Kristen then?
Are we concluding he and Rob are involved?
- There are a lot of theories about Skater Boy floating around but one thing that's obvious is that he's more than just an assistant (and actually doesn't even act like an assistant from what we can see). He was at the Katy Perry show with Rob, among friends. I personally think he's an assistant that became a close friend but if he's more, I can't really speculate.
- Rob seems to like having twinky guys around.
Skater Boy seems to be the replacement for Tom Sturridge.
- Skater boy hanging around Rob, traveling with him; it's conspicuous.
On the other hand, when you want to keep a low profile; do you bring your skateboard when traveling with a celeb?
It was the first thing I noticed; skateboard in LA, skateboard in DC.
Are they really that stupid?
- You can see all greasy handprints all over Kristen's dress.
I'm getting so tired of her showing up to red carpets and looking fucking miserable and bored. Just stay home. Nobody will miss you.
- [quote]And there's a bit of sleaze about her there, too. And not in a good way.
Kristen could be the poster girl for trailer trash. Perhaps her hippie, free-love daddy and trashy, Austrailian mommy's infulence?
- Wow. The purple skirt on that dress looks awful. Not only is it unflattering, but it looks dirty, too, with all those greasy fingerprints on it. And what's up with the shoes? Looks like some sort of medical binding tape wrapped all around her ankles.
So far, so bad.
- Brilliant commentary.
- That write up is hilarious, and some of the comments that follow are just as funny. Well, angry-funny.
But every time I see her in that dress, it just looks worse and worse. The word disaster comes to mind.
[quote]Tuesday, May 08, 2012
Today's Blind Items - The Confrontation
It has been an interesting few weeks for this celebrity couple. The couple, part of a huge franchise and consisting of a B+/A- movie actor and movie actreess have always managed to give the impression they are a couple, when in reality they are not. It has never been that big of an issue until lately. With the exception of some flings our actor had on set with some of his co-stars, he has managed to keep everything he has done on the side on the down low. The actress has always loved the friendship and relationship the two have had although it has been entirely asexual. She does not really have feelings for anyone, whether it be male or female in a sexual way and has loved being part of a relationship without actually being in a relationship. Make sense? Well, although it works for her, it has not always worked for the actor. He would love to play the field and take advantage of all the women who want to be with him. Not in a Gerard Butler kind of way, but at least have some fun. Most of the time his drinking keeps him from getting too interested as that is by far his first love. Unbeknownst to the actress though, the actor has maintained a steady group of two or three other women who he spends time with which satisfies his needs. If the actress were to find out about them or if the relationships would be made public then she would be forced to answer questions about this long time relationship and move on which is something she is loathe to do. She likes being insulated. The problem is the actor has been seeing someone more frequently who is growing impatient and wants to be seen with our actor in public. She wants a real relationship and not just one consisting of random hotel rooms and hookups at his place when the actress is out of town. It got so bad that in the past two weeks, the woman actually showed up on the set where our actor was filming and he had to pass off the woman as an obssessed fan which our actress did not entirely believe. Also, a former lover of the actor who also happens to be a co-star got drunk with the couple and began revealing details of the relationship she had with the actor and did so loudly. She also saw the "obsessed fan," and said, "That looks exactly like the girl you showed me last year who you said was just your type and you were going to try and meet her." Although our couple headed back home together, apparently neither of them have stayed there together since the fateful time on set.
- Well, that's not even blind! Enty really really likes implying Pattinson and Ashley Greene are getting it on. Don't know if I believe it, but it's certainly interesting.
- Sorry, meant for my entire post to fit in a quote box.
- Who believes that Kristen is asexual or that Robert is sleeping with countless women?
Please, not buying it.
- I could possibly buy Robert fucking around on the side (or wanting to). I don't buy that Kristen is asexual-maybe she's so repressed she's not hooking up with women for fear of being caught or trying to deny her gayness to herself, but that's not really the definition of asexual. I think she's very sexually attracted to women but could possibly be too fucked up/paranoid to act on it.
- The long term friendship that's supposed to look romantic from the outside fits perfectly. And, who knows? Maybe the writer is using the term asexual because it's safer than using the word gay, especially when it comes to someone like Kristen (if that's who it's about).
- I also think it fits Kristen's profile to want to stick this thing out as long as possible. The BI describes her as liking being 'insulated.' It keeps the gay questions at bay, it raises her profile, it gives her a lot of free PR without having to ask for it like a Kardashian. I've always thought Stewart had way more ambition than Pattinson and being in a successful showmance and keeping that formula going is part of that for her. I don't think Pattinson is as invested.
- I think the writer means "asexual" in the sense that she's not sexually active at the moment and that would certainly make sense if she was too scared to act on her desires toward the same sex OR she's hooking up with them but it's so DL no one knows about it.
- The part about what might be Stewart really fits well, but the male in the equation comes off like a hot womanizer. Then again, that image is one that would make fans who fear he's gay or bi happy.
- CDAN has implied on more than one occasion that Rob is straight. Kristen is so easy to read. That girl is gay from space. I've always thought Pattinson was more difficult. I can see a case made for him being gay, bisexual, straight or asexual. Any of those is plausible to me.
- What's the story with CDAN? Are they people with exclusive information or something?
And yeah, I think the case can be made for any of those three for Rob but I'm betting on openly bi, at least.
- Sometimes I think Twilight PR prefers the Pattinson gay rumours because if anyone found out he was dating some girl who was not Kristen Stewpot their lives would surely be in danger from crazed Twifans.
No-one hates a women like another woman. At least if he were with a man it'd mean on some level no other woman could have him. Some of those crazy fans could accept that easier.
- Very good point, R379. I hadn't thought of that, but you might be right.
- If what that blind item is saying is legitimate, I can see Rob using Kristen and "Robsten" as a distraction from his personal and whatever men or women he's truly banging. He's clearly very private (which makes his willingly selling of Robsten all the more obvious) so if he wants to keep his ~wild times to himself, the Robsten farce is the way to go. And if he's sleeping with a lot of women to cover up the fact that he's also banging boys, well then...
- Twilight fans are inherently conservative. They believe Robert is like Edward Cullen. A sensitive, respectable, shy, polite, virginal, gentlemen. Just like boybands, when you are a teen idol you either have to be single and therefore 'available' to female fans, or in this case, dating your co-star so those female fans think "well if I can't have him, at least Bella Swan does" and their Twilight fantasy has come to life. He would not have been allowed to be a public manwhore (as this BI alludes to) because that would ruin the fantasy.
Really, when you think about it, after the first movie hit and they knew they had a franchise on their hands with potentially 4 more movies to film and promote, there was only one way this had to go. Robsten had to happen for this thing to stay as viable as it has and it keeps the fan happy and entertained over the years and long breaks between movies.
- Hmmmm, R381, just hmmmm. I think you may be onto something.
- True, R379. For many of Twilight extremists, they view Robert & Kristen's 'relationship' in almost religious terms. They consider it to be a sacred eternal love that will echo for centuries.
If they ever thought Robert was 'betraying' the woman he is supposed to be in love with beyond the grave into the afterlife, they would probably want to give him the death penalty.
In fact, I think there have already been some reports and articles that have said Robert has been sent hate mail by Twihards who are suspicious he has been unfaithful to Kristen.
- They sent him death threats after he denied dating Stewart in Vanity Fair. If he were hypothetically ever caught in an Ashton Kutcher type cheating scandal he'd probably need witness protection.
They're going to have to be very careful how they break these two up and who gets the 'blame.' The wrong story could stir up some scary stuff.
- Shouldn't the Department of Health Services be taking steps to provide counseling and suicide watch for the millions of Twitards who are going to have breakdowns once this relationship comes to an end?
Someone better send Kathleen Sebelius a suggestion.
- Nick Cassavetes will be directing Kristen in her upcoming movie 'Cali'. You might know him from such critically acclaimed films like THE NOTEBOOK, JOHN Q, ALPHA DOG and MY SISTER'S SISTER.
It also looks like Universal released two more clips from SWATH. Again, Kristen doesn't have any dialogue other than some screaming.
- Here's a review from somebody who has seen SWATH.
I saw the film today at a screening. Here’s what I can tell you. The film is okay. A B at best. The two biggest problems are that most of its best elements, (the cinematography, the score, the art direction), seem borrowed from better or at least other films. The second problem is that the movie is very very dark, so when it undercuts itself with some cheeky humor, it just seems out of place. With that in mind, I definitely enjoyed it, but it is by no means great. Let me put some speculation to rest though… Charlize Theron will not be anywhere near contention in the Oscar race. I love the actress to death and think she was robbed of a nom last year for Young Adult, but she does little more than ham it up in this role. I actually think it is more the director’s fault than anything else. Whenever anybody yells, (really… anyone), it comes off as silly and heavy-handed. Kristen Stewart continues her streak of not quite knowing how to emote. Chris Hemsworth is actually pretty good I have to say.
- [quote]Kristen Stewart continues her streak of not quite knowing how to emote.
That comes as no surprise. And I'm guessing the writer is objective and not a member of the Fandom Wars, so it's an honest opinion.
- Yeah, the review comes from poster at awardsdaily, not a Twilight board by any means. He even mentions later on that Kristen can be good in the right role (Adventureland), so, yeah, definitely pretty objective.
The problem with Kristen Stewart as an actress is that even if you like some of her work, you have to admit she has extremely narrow range and can only play some very specific roles. Everybody knew Snow White was a poor fit for her from the get go and every clip they've released where they pretty much show her doing nothing but making a frowny face just confirms that.
- Kristen Stewart admits she feels “arrogant” about her inability to express herself
“I think that I related to Snowy because … I love her. She feels such strong things and sort of can’t say exactly why she feels those things … and I can completely relate to that and I also can relate to feeling arrogant about it a little bit. Sort of like ‘It’s not about being who you are; it’s sort of not saying what everyone thinks I’m going to say because I’m uncomfortable’ … She’s like very instinctive and sort of awesome in that way. I mean she’s such a child in the beginning and has such a strong sense of self in a way that sort of isn’t normal, like supernaturally almost. She’s got this connection to the Earth and to her people that makes her like so truly empathetic and not sympathetic. She’s not putting herself in a position and going, ‘Oh, how horrible would that be for me.’ She’s truly bleeding for other people. It’s a different feeling. It’s something I want to get to if I can be a better person. She’s a great girl. She’s a good person.”
I don't think she knows what the word 'arrogant' means.
Arrogance: Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one’s own importance or abilities.
So she has an “exaggerated sense of her own ability” to be unable to express herself?
This girl is as dumb as a box of hair.
- Is she mixing up the words arrogant and ignorant?
- Kristen is very stuck-up about her shy personality, that's basically what it is.
- I can't even figure out what word she's trying to use because the whole sentence makes no sense. I've read it three times and still don't get it. She tries to come off as very deep and intellectual but she's just not very smart and ends up using words that are incorrect in the context of whatever she thinks she's saying.
It's total word soup, just a bunch of words strung together with no meaning whatsoever. Reading her interviews is like reading an interview sent through a translator program. Like the interview was really conducted in Swedish, and translated back to English. But it obviously wasn't.
It can't be that hard to come up with some stupid soundbite about what she thinks of the character. It's not like she's being asked to give a dissertation on Keynesian economics.
Her way of speaking is childish, stunted. She's 22, time to start talking like the grown ups.
- "Shouldn't the Department of Health Services be taking steps to provide counseling and suicide watch for the millions of Twitards who are going to have breakdowns once this relationship comes to an end?"
Or, much more usefully for the human race, handing out cyanide capsules and setting up death panels?
- Cronenberge-sque photo shoot and mega-pretentious interview with Robbie-Boy. He claims he has five projects lined up due to him getting street cred working with Cronenberg.
- I saw the video of the interview, she meant arrogant.
- Ha ha ha ha ha ha
- [quote]Rob, last time we talked, you were coming out of the Cosmopolis shooting and you told me: ‘I didn’t understand what we were doing and when I asked David, what it was about, he told me: ‘I don’t know, we don’t care’. But after seeing the movie, I found it extremely clear.
That certainly instills confidence.
[quote]For the first screening, I was alone and I came out of it puzzled. At that time, the music didn’t register in my brain yet. I then saw the movie again with other people and they were really responsive. They couldn’t stop laughing and I thought: “Oh, well it works afer all (laughs)”
I didn't know this film was a comedy.
[quote]At the wrap party, I asked him if he saw some edited scenes and he told me he saw the whole movie! He already edited it. Since I was so curious, I asked him, ‘So, do you know what it is about?’ ‘Not at all, but it’s good, it’s funny.’ He then quoted Fellini to me, asserting that a movie is dead wheit is.n it doesn’t raise questions anymore.
[quote]When David came out of nowhere to ask me to be a part of Cosmopolis, I asked him tons of questions. I wanted to know absolutely what he has seen in me, what he thought about me… But he couldn’t answer me.
And his body is so gross. All skinny fat, no definition, like he's been in a coma for the past 5 years and his muscles have atrophied. It's kind of repulsive.
- I love when silly little teen idols like Pattinson and Efron try to talk about their 'craft' and how deep and wonderful they are.
- Cronenberg can't really direct actors for shit. He'll hire somebody because they 'look' right but he doesn't bring anything out of an actor that they don't already bring to the table. And in the case of Pattinson, isn't much.
He can continue to think he's a very special snowflake but he's walking cardboard on screen and nothing is going to change that.
- PREMIERE: Most of the critics said you sucked without having seen you in any movies. And you were good in Twilight!
ROB: In some scenes maybe… I tried anyway.. I’d like to ask a question to those people who think I just started acting well: What do you think I was doing in twilight? Do they think it’s how I act naturally? No, I had to take decisions as an actor. I find it funny when I read stuff like (He uses a dramatic voice) “Will Cosmopolis finally prove that he can act?” What does that even mean?
Oh god, fuck off now, please.
- He is starting to think of himself the way his beard does, both take themselves way to serious and they think they are some great actors.
- The picture of grace and elegance.
- R404 what the fuck is she doing? And lol Christina and her date are like "whattttt"
- Pattinson sounds like a douchebag in that interview.
- The AV Club really hates Kristen Stewart.
[quote]Kristen Stewart brings her unchanging “Who farted?” expression to this straight-faced, big-budget retelling of the Snow White legend"
- That's funny R407. Is it from a review of the film? And what is the AV Club?
- Jesus. It's not whether Kristen knows what arrogant means, it's whether or not she knows what pretentious means because that's what she is. And Robert is pulling up right behind her in the pretentious department.
Good God. They need to stop giving those vapid, stupid, and self-praising interviews.
- The AV Club is a very funny, very snarky pop culture website with some wicked smart commenters. And they aren't too fond of Stewart's 'acting.'
- They could give James Franco a run for his money for delusional pretentiousness.
- Thanks for the link R410.
- [quote]delusional pretentiousness
They've both got a bad case of this malady. Really really bad.
- It's very difficult to figure out what Robert is getting at in a lot of his interviews. They're kind of confusing and ambiguous.
Remember this one?
"For some reason I thought you were gonna ask 'Are you gay' & I don't know how to answer this."
- Is he actually trying to defend his acting in Twilight? Is he INSANE? The gossip blogs are starting to pick this up and the reception is overwhelmingly negative. He comess off as a delusional asshole. Wow.
- Hollywood must be a fucked up place if this motherfucker thinks he can act now.
- Yes, I think he is trying to defend his Twilight acting. So that would be the ultimate delusion--almost worse than the fantasies his fans have.
- [quote]"I've been doing movies for eight years and I've been criticized often and all of a sudden, this teaser is released and everyone is excited," Pattinson laughs. "'It looks great! His acting is good in it!' It's ridiculous! I'd like to ask a question to those people who think I just started acting well: What do you think I was doing in Twilight? Do they think it's how I act naturally? No, I had to make decisions as an actor. I find it funny when I read stuff like, 'Will Cosmopolis finally prove that he can act?' What does that even mean?"
It means people think you suck at acting, Robert. That's what it means.
- I still prefer Robert to Kristen.
- Talk about a Sophie's Choice.
- He wants to ask a question to people who think he just started acting well?
Who THINK he just started acting? No. It's a fact. There's no question at all. Up until now, his acting has never been a point to debate because it simply doesn't exist.
And I'm pretty sure it's going to stay that way.
- I would love to know what decisions he made as a MASTER THESPIAN that lead to the constipated, "I just smelled a fart face" he's made in every Twilight movie. In fact, every movie he's ever 'acted' in.
- ugh SHUT UP Kristen
“I have a very wide fan base. I have a lot of girls who are in love with me. That’s funny because I thought it was going to be the opposite. I just thought that they were going to hate me because I’m in the optimum position. But, it’s all an illusion.”
- [quote]Kristen on Charlize “‘Even when Charlize plays the wife or girlfriend, she bursts out of it,” says actress Kristen Stewart, who stars as Snow White opposite Theron’s malicious Queen Ravenna in Snow White and the Huntsman. ‘I’ve seen her in different lights, such as when she was staring at me like she wanted to bite my head off. It was like, Wow, you’re fucking hot.
Someone sure sounds smitten!
- RPattz on his way to London to no doubt reunite with his beard, errr, "girlfriend" (who's on her way to the city for SWATH promo -- what are the chances?!!) for his birthday on Sunday.
- How exciting. I can hardly wait for the rapturous write up of the birthday proceedings. Will there be hand holding, loving looks, private glances, secret kisses, blurry photos of ambiguous PDA? The anticipation is killing me!
- Every single trailer and commercial for SWATH has absolutely no dialogue from Stewart. Maybe you can get away with that in the teaser trailer, but all of the other stuff too? Nothing but one line? Has this ever happened before? It's so utterly glaring.
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are the cruelest joke Hollywood has ever played on the general public.
- The private glances and secret kisses are the ones that are most ridiculous, R426. I mean how the hell does an insider actually SEE those things? But you are right. The gossip sites will be fairly exploding with that nonsense, and the fans will gobble it up.
- Miss Stewart on her way to reunite with her epic luvah in London. Stupid bitch boarded Charlize Theron's plane by mistake and had to hop the right flight.
- They couldn't take the same plane?
Anyway, there are pictures of Charlize and Kristen at the airport and if you didn't know any better you'd think Kristen was some dumpy, bedraggled assistant, not the star of Snow White.
Charlize looked like a goddess.
- I think Pattinson is trying to do a New York accent in Cosmopolis but it's the most awful thing I've ever heard. I'm from New York and hearing him speak as a 'New Yorker' makes me want to die.
Anyway, here's our new 'serious actor' ACTING in some new clips from the movie. Can't you see he's acting? This isn't the way he is naturally!!!
- Why two jets ? they're both going to London
- [quote]I'm glad she cut her hair. I kept wanting to snip a few inches off so it would lay better around her face. It's also nice to know even goddesses do the pull-up-my-jeans-shuffle.
A sample of the comments at R432. Oh, and there also a bunch of Squeeeeeeeeeee!!! and They're Sooooooo Romantic!!! breathless posts.
- More from a screening of SWATH. Turns out Stewart has very little dialogue throughout the whole movie and her performance falls apart when she does speak. Not surprising. I'm wondering if word of mouth might dampen this one. Everybody likes the trailers but it sounds like the movie itself is a completely different animal.
Alright, in response to everything said, let me clarify. First of all, I thought the comment might be deleted because I know that we weren’t supposed to blog about the movie after the screening. With that said, this is hardly a formal review, just an opinion. I should also clarify that I said a B at best. I heard reactions from the crowd that ranged from “I enjoyed it! That’s all that matters” to “That was absolutely horrible.” I don’t think it was horrible, but a B might be generous. I guess I just wish that it all added up to more than it did. The movie ended, I left the theater, and that was it. It didn’t resonate in any meaningful way. In fact, the one thing I’ll probably remember, was a scene in the middle that was such a blatant rip-off, (or reference?), to Princess Mononoke that I almost started screaming in the theater.
@john – Are you referring to Stewart or Theron? Neither are bad per se, but neither are great. Everything Theron does when her voice isn’t elevated is really good. She has a beautifully expressive face and this works to her advantage when the direction and dialogue fails her. As for Stewart, it’s kind of similar actually. This is true of basically every performance on screen, save Hemsworth who seems to understand that there is a middle ground between whispering and screaming. It might be surprising to hear, but Stewart actually has very little dialogue. Most of her scenes are visual. It is only when she is given too much to say that her character and performance fail her.
@Ryan – It is worth seeing for the visuals, but hardly worth a $13+ ticket with so much other excellent blockbuster fare this summer. Again, the B is probably generous as I certainly enjoyed the film, but it is by no means great. I wouldn’t put it anywhere near the top then films I’ve seen so far this year so maybe I’m a more generous grader than most.
@Jesss – Yeah she doesn’t appear to be having much fun at all in this role so you might be disappointed in that regard. Probably her best performed scene has to do with seeing a beautiful new landscape and this might be the only time she smiles in the whole movie. Coincidence? Probably not.
@Jane – Sure, the film could have a sequel, but it doesn’t necessarily warrant it. There is one aspect to the ending which is nicely open-ended, (this was a pleasant surprise instead of ham-fisted tack-on), but the rest is wrapped up pretty neatly. Put it this way, there isn’t really a creative reason to have a trilogy, but if the film does good box office, there might be a monetary one. As for the chemistry between the actors… there isn’t too much. The relationship aspect is a relatively minor part of the plot and feels only put in there because it is Snow White. I actually think the film would be stronger if they removed it altogether but that was never going to happen. I’m trying to avoid spoilers here but there’s a certain part of the classic Snow White plot that you can’t really do without, but could have and should have been handled slightly differently to avoid the pitfalls I’m describing.
@Lo – Yeah I can sort of see this being the case. She just doesn’t come off as the sprightly, innocent, and peppy Snow White that we all know and love. Maybe I should see Mirror Mirror.
- [quote]Why two jets ? they're both going to London
Would YOU want to be in an enclosed space with the smell of her b.o., greasy hair and stank pussy wafting around for even a short period of time?
C.T. and child
- Those screening reviews at R435 are pretty revealing. It's a film that is borderline fun and the visuals are good, but it doesn't have staying power, and, most importantly, Miss Stewart doesn't give anything much to her role. According to the screeners, it's just kind of meh.
- But I thought you loved me, you said you would jump off a cliff for me.
- Kristen's expressions are her strongest point in this movie? The ones we saw in the trailers? If that's the case, WOW. Because those were awful.
- Is it just me or has Kristen really been pinging recently?
- The movie sounds like a total drag.
And Kristen ALWAYS pings and I think she has gotten less feminine as she's gotten older.
It sounds like Pattinson is really believing a lot of his own hype and press. Maybe that relates to the CDAN BI about how he wants to cut Stewart loose and do his own thing. If he really thinks he's some talented actor with '5 projects lined up' and a lovah on the side, maybe he figures he doesn't want to deal with a fake relationship that only ties him ever more closely to Edward Cullen.
He would be perfect for the remake of "one flew over the cuckoo's nest"?
- R441 she's just been dressing way more "masculine" and looking comfortable while doing so.
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is a classic book and film.
Pattinson is just a shitty teen idol who puts on the illusion that he's deep and intellectual. It's usually those kinds of people who are the epitome of bland.
- [quote]One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is a classic book and film.
I thought it was something ornithological.
- Do you think Skate Board twink has a big cock?
- Kristen looks pretty good in those pictures.
- I hope you don't mean the airport pictures my dear, R447.
The thing is you could easily find 20 prettier girls on any random street in New York. She really is that average and that boring. For some reason she's a movie star but doesn't have any the qualities (talent, looks, charisma) to sustain it.
- I actually think she is pretty, and in those pictures, she's put together better than she usually is.
- She's wearing what she's always wearing. A T-shirt, jeans, sneakers. She has her moments but that wasn't one of them.
I think Pattinson will end up on TV in a few years. I see him having a very unremarkable career like Hayden Christensen, Jake Gyllenhaal or Josh Hartnett. All blank faced pretty boys.
- Will Rob come out though, R450? That is the question.
- R451, I could see Robert Pattinson coming out to try to distance himself from the Edward image or because he likes shocking people or I
accidentally outing himself because his brain-mouth filter is lacking.
- If you look at all the gossip sites, this seems to be the rundown:
CDAN: Kristen is gay or asexual. Pattinson is straight and has hooked up with Nikki Reed and Ashley Greene as well as other unnamed women.
Ted C: His blinds say both Pattinson and Stewart are bisexual and are in an unconventional relationship but also see other people. His regular column....King of the Robsten Shippers. Nothing more needs to be said there. Rumors he's on Summit's payroll.
Lainey: Pattinson and Stewart are "the real deal." Like Ted C, a lot of her gossip sounds like she's being spoonfed by a publicist. Will fangirl Stewart any chance she gets, even when she starts to sound ridiculous (she actually defended her Met Gala dress. The woman has no shame.)
BuzzFoto: Blind item outed Pattinson and Stewart as a friends only arrangement like CDAN with one of the parties being gay.
GossipCop: Another Robsten cheerleader, is apparently affiliated with Summit. Their gossip always touts the party line.
- R453 Is there any truth to that BuzzFoto blind? Are they any reliable?
- Well, Buzzfoto is a photo agency so their blinds supposedly come from paps who would probably know more than most.
What's interesting is that both CDAN and Buzzfoto have gone so far as revealing that those blinds were about Pattinson/Stewart. The others are just guesses/alluding to them.
BuzzFoto – We’re not even sure why the magazines keep pushing it, but this couple who are said to be romantically involved, are actually [anything] but. Sure, they’re having fun playing with the press, but it’s mostly because they are told it would be a good marketing strategy for their career. Everyone around them knows however, that they are just good friends, not lovers. One in all the media buzz is actually rumored to swing the other way. Not Chace Crawford.
- R455 The Vancouver paps claim they're together, that they've been "official" since Eclipse.
- If you're talking about that one guy on IMDB I don't really consider him a source on anything.
- Who cares what this site or that site says or what the 'paps' say? We can reach our own conclusions based on all of the interviews, photos, public statements and other clues of the last 5 years.
And they indicate that this relationship is most likely a showmance, that these two are not involved, and that at least one of them if not both, is gay.
- R457 All of them claim the same thing. But they also say that she was a bitch after TR so they believe she's gay and forcing herself in the closet.
- R458 there's just as much shit out there to say that they're together as there is that they're not and that it's a showmance.
- No there isn't, R460. And even if there was, why would we trust what some tabloid, blog, pap or Twitard site says when we can draw conclusions with our OWN EYES?
- The Vancouver paps don't really seem like a savvy group. What makes them think they are a couple? Because they went to bars together? Stayed at the same hotel? I actually see their relationship closer to what CDAN described (although the part of Pattinson sleeping with random women could obviously be made up). An insular friendship. Do these people looked like they bone? Yeah, no.
If they are a couple, why couldn't the Vancouver paps get even one single shot of them acting even remotely affectionate? Nonsense. It's simply not believable on any level.
- R462 CDAN was proven to be fake.
- R461, it all falls under "other clues."
- It's been obvious for ages that these two are not a couple - that is really not in question anymore except for foolish people like the Twitards.
The only question that is interesting to discuss here is the issue of who they actually are involved with, and when they will come out.
- By the New York Post, R463. Excuse me if I don't exactly believe them.
CDAN could be fake, maybe it's not. Maybe it's a mixture.
I still don't think Pattinson and Stewart are actually sexually or romantically involved. It's not exactly rocket science pretending to involved with your co-star. Especially if you don't even have to touch or kiss for people to think it's believable.
- They barely touch each other, are often apart for long periods of time, almost always travel with an entourage instead of going out alone, Kristen seems more gay than Jodie Foster, and Rob hangs out with Skate Board twink.
Is an advanced college course in Reasoning & Critical Thinking really necessary to figure this out?
- The happy couple were seen leaving a hotel in London. Not together, not evwn in the same frame but, of course, the fans are squealing about an "epic reunion".
- I would say that Stewart being obviously flirty with Charlze during SWATH promo, saying that Charlize is hot all the time and that she want's her could qualify as pinging to some people.
- Is Skate Board twink there, R468?
- Those women are so damn creepy, R468. I can't even make fun of them anymore. This whole situation is gross at this point.
- R470 I agree. And she volunteers up this information, calling her hot and that she "wants her".
Also, Kristen's friend Sydney was with her in Paris and followed her to London and now infamous Suzie is there, too. Just a romantic reunion, yeah.
- The twink isn't there, but Suzie is apparently in London. There's a picture of Robbie in the car, with Kristen's ear in the.background. You can just feel the love.
- ~~~kumbaya~~~my love~~~~kumbaya!!!
Oh sorry!!! ;p
- Pic of love R474 is referring to:
- Now that right there is 2 people in love!!! There is NO DOUBT about it!!
OMG..come on when is this all going to be over with already?!! I'm just waitin around for the sh!@ to hit the fan and see all the little Twigeeks to find out they have been had all this time!!
- R474 is that even her? That doesn't look like her big ass dumbo ear to me.
- It is quite funny isn't it that the pap couldn't have taken a pic. a few seconds before or after and got that persons face?!! I mean come on wtf!! **games**
- Yes, it's her, R478 -- here's the other photos from the set:
- R480 You can't even tell that they're in the same place
- And in none of them, you see them in the same frame.
- Doesn't show me nothing!! I just don't buy that this was the best shot they could get of the 2 of them!
- And yet there are no pictures of them exiting the car together? My eyes are going to roll right out of sockets.
But, really, are we at all shocked Pattinson is there? SWATH is a huge blockbuster and a huge test to see if Stewart can actually open a movie. Is anybody surprised they are going to pull out all of the stops on this?
[quote]And even if there was, why would we trust what some tabloid, blog, pap or Twitard site says when we can draw conclusions with our OWN EYES?
Honey, this is a GOSSIP board so of course we are going to talk about and dissect GOSSIP.
- Did she pick him up at the airport to make sure he made it to the hotel with the paps ready for a photo op? Shady bitch.
- *roll right out of their sockets.
- These two are so irritating. Robbie's birthday is on Sunday and SWATH premiere on Monday. So we'll all be getting tweets of PDA and blurry pictures. So predictable.
For an almost 26 year old, he's incredibly immature.
- The Kristen set are of her leaving the Gordon Ramsay restaurant at the Claridge's Hotel (pic included). So what, she knew the paps would be there and went to pick him up so they would be seen arriving at the hotel together? Shady as fuck.
- The pap agency said they were leaving the hotel, but the only pic of him was in the car. So he must have gone to pick her up.
- That picture looks like he's ready to get out of the car.
I don't know. It hardly matters anyway.
The charade continues....
- The pap agency lied then. The Kristen pictures are obviously of her exiting that restaurant. And Rob looks like he has his duffel bag with him, like he just came from the airport so it's obvious she went to pick him up after leaving that restaurant.
- Oh bother! You're not my Mummy!
Robbie the Retard
- [quote]I love Rob. always with a smile and looking not understand what is happening.
Another one of Rob's brilliant fans speaks the truth!
- Isn't that the very definition of 'Robbie the Retard'? The fact that he looks like a halfwit?
Is that supposed to be 'hot' to them?
- lol I have never seen a group of people think a person's bad qualities are good qualities. If people ever truly looked at Rob and Kristen and their personalities, I don't think they'd like them. At all.
- Go to any neighborhood that houses a large population of hipsters and you'll see a ton of Kristens and Robs. They aren't unique or special or particularly good looking.
- It's sort of amusing that things seem to be in reverse mode now. Back in the day it was Tom and the other Brit pack guys always hovering around Rob and Kristen while Kristen flew in to visit Rob. Now that the Brit pack guys are busy with their kids and work Kristen's version of the pack (Suzie, Sydney, Scout, etc.) is taking over to hover around her and Rob while he flies in to see Kristen. Someone get these moochers jobs!
- Funny that you should say that, R496, because they live in Los Feliz, a super hipster neighborhood.
- These Threads are meant for fun, they are together in real life.
- They are together in pretend life.
- R499 you don't say?
- [quote]Back in the day it was Tom and the other Brit pack guys always hovering around Rob and Kristen while Kristen flew in to visit Rob. Now that the Brit pack guys are busy with their kids and work Kristen's version of the pack (Suzie, Sydney, Scout, etc.) is taking over to hover around her and Rob while he flies in to see Kristen.
And isn't that the oddest thing? There is always an entourage of people tagging along or around them. Have they ever been spotted on vacation just the two of them? On dates alone? Concerts, alone? Have they ever been spotted doing random domestic things like grocery shopping together? I would assume he would have gotten a breathless tweet if any of these things had occurred.
- Oh definantly!!!
- Was that supposed to be a French accent ?
- I don't really!
- Will Rob and Skate Board twink be having a cozy evening for his birthday this Sunday?
- R507 He didn't accompany him to London so I don't think so.
- I'm pretty sure he is there, R508
- R509 Show me the receipts.
- R511 Proof? Or are you just assuming he's there?
- R512, this is not a courtroom where evidence beyond a reasonable doubt is required. We haven't seen the photos yet, but since Skate Board twink has been with Rob everywhere else lately, I'm assuming he is there too. He may just not have been spotted or photographed yet.
Rob is not Barack Obama - he is not going to have photographers with him all day.
- R513 That's ridiculous. That's like saying the loch ness monster is out there even though there's no pictorial evidence. I'm not going to blindly accept something there's no proof of. Try harder next time.
- We've seen skater boy a total of 3 times. That's not a lot. Without photos there's nothing to suggest he's there but one person's wishful thinking. Which is why we make fun of Twihards.
R513 is an idiot.
- R515 This. It's like saying we should believe all the fan accounts of them making out while grinding at after parties even though there's no proof of it.
- R514 & R515 are idiots.
And we've seen Skater Boy way more than twice - he's been at almost every single place with Rob for months now.
- Who the fuck keeps posting on this thread?
Are there really that many gay men that care about "RobSten"? "Skaterboy"? "KristenStewarty acting"?
Please tell me this thread has been overrun by 16 year-old and pre-pubescent girls. If this is mostly gay men then I fear for the future of all of gaydom.
- You are so off about skaterboy. He's a frat boy from UofA - was in a fraternity. He has/had a girlfriend who went to Hawaii with his mother on spring break. after Grad she moved to ny, he moved to LA. I assume they broke up. He was hired by Rob and bragged to all his friends about it. They aren't lovers - he works for him - drives his car for him when Kristen and Rob are out drinking. He's his assistant. What's so hard to understand? He's been in plain sight since WFE. He worked on Cosmo too and BD.
- R519, how do you know all that about Skater Boy? You seem a little over-invested in trying to detail his entire life story. How do you know the intimate details of someone who is a total unknown?
And I'm not saying Skate Boy IS gay. What some of us are pointing out is that he has been spending an enormous amount of time around Rob lately, and he just happens to be a young twink type who follows him around the way Tom Sturridge did.
Incidentally, the comparison above to the Loch Ness Monster is ludicrous. No one has ever proven that the creature exists, whereas Skater Boy is obviously real.
- So he's rob's BITCH. if this is true it makes rob sound even fucking worse. he drives rob's car when kristen and rob are drinking are you fucking kidding me? cause he can't get a cab!? If i was the skater dude i'd be out. you make it sound like Rob treats him like shit.
- Wow, R517/R520 is crazy. As well as R519. Just crazy.
- R521 I guess you are a bit naive about the workings of Hollywood, but those responsibilities are what personal assistants DO. They get paid to do that type of grunt work. It's a shitty 24/7 job, you are at the beck and call of the celebrity, but people sign up for it.
- Why am I crazy, R522? What did I say that indicates insanity? Please tell me.
- I feel dumb even engaging in this, R524, but since I follow this thread I guess I have to pay the price.
We haven't "seen" Skaterboy go "everywhere" with Pattinson lately. We didn't even know of his existence until 2 weeks ago. We've seen him photographed 3 times. That's it. The comparison to whatever was going on during The Tom Sturridge Years doesn't hold water. So far we don't have pictures of Skaterboy in London or any other kind of accounts to say he's there. So right now, he's not there. It's like you have some kind of story line playing in your head that you have translated into reality when so far there's nothing to back it up. Kind of like a Twilight fan.
See, like this:
[quote]And we've seen Skater Boy way more than twice - he's been at almost every single place with Rob for months now.
No, we simply don't know this to be true at all. We know he was an assistant on his movies (that were filmed years ago) and traveled with him to DC and Vancouver and was at a Katy Perry concert. That's 3 times. That's not "every single place." That's all we know. You're filling in a lot of space and time there, hon. Time to dial it back a notch. I know this is a gossip board, but even for a stupid topic like this, you sound ridiculous.
- R525, if you do a search you will see that Skater Boy has been photographed with Rob more times than 3. I'm not sure where you got that number from. And the point is that there have been quite a few appearances, and they are building up. I didn't realize he had to be proven to be with Rob 100 times before it becomes significant.
The point I also made correctly is that it was stupid for someone to use a Loch Ness Monster analogy, yes? One cannot be proven to exist, whereas Skater Boy can.
And the fact that he pings and is a twink is interesting too - I'm not saying that's proof he's Rob's boyfriend. But let's not act like it doesn't mean anything either. Why does Rob like to have twinks around him like Tom Sturridge and Skater Boy - that's the question.
- No, actually I'm correct here. He was photographed in DC, he was seen during re-shoots on Breaking Dawn and he was seen at the Katy Perry thing. That's it. Thanks for playing.
But than again, you're the one who keeps on insisting this guy is in London when there is nothing to back that up either.
It's like Twihard time-only in reverse.
- BUILDING? R515/R516/R525/R527 are correct. Time to wash the cheetos from your fat fingers and get out of Mom's basement, R526.
- It IS obvious that Skater boy is more than just an assistant and that he's a close friend, as well. That's not exactly surprising, since he's the only one with a dick that Rob has around right now. All of his bros left him and all of Kristen's friends are, though they're androgynous, girls. They make be having sexual relations with each other but let's not say he's a boyfriend and is "always around" when he's clearly not.
- Rob and Kristen were spotted at a pub last night with a group of friends. Surprise, surprise. Apparently Kristen was hammered and swearing loudly and her and Rob were laughing a lot together. No PDA to speak of. Funny that.
- God Stewart looks so god damned butch and mousy on this promo tour. Which is pretty bad since she's usually standing next to Charlize. Just underscores how dumb this casting is.
- There was a few posters on Deadline who have seen SWATH. One said he walked out it was so bad, the other said the movie was just okay.
- Charlize and Kristen are pinging hardcore for me this promo tour. It's kind of like Dakota and her during TR but Kristen is not being subtle about her crush on Charlize at all.
- The Kristen Stewart fangirls were so incensed by that review at awardsdaily they had his thread at IMDB deleted and are now calling him a liar who never saw the movie in the first place.
- Just wondering, are there any truly positive reviews that are coming out of this movie? LOL
- Yeah, I think a few of them were mad because he called Kristen "tomboyish." BECAUSE SHE IS.
Speaking of, I've heard the criticism that a lot of people think Stewart is gay because she's tomboyish and therefore we're unfairly stereotyping her. Nothing could be farther from the case. Hilary Swank is a good example of a masculine, tomboyish straight girl who does not ping at all. Kristen on the other hand, is a tomboyish gay girl who pings like crazy.
- R536 Exactly. Though she does fit the stereotypes, the way she dresses and her mannerisms are just confirmations. The way she acts around men and women and the things she says, that's the real evidence. I mean, that interview with Charlize when she admits to wanting to make out with her in boxer briefs... she looks properly flushed and embarrassed at having admitted that (like it's not just a joke) and when Charlize kisses her on the cheek, it looks like she won the lottery.
- [quote]I mean, that interview with Charlize when she admits to wanting to make out with her in boxer briefs
Hmmm, I didn't watch the interview but no straight girl would phrase it that way. Make out with Charlize, yeah sure, make out with Charlize "in boxer briefs." Yeah, no.
- R538 Even more strange, it's a question about lingerie.
- Kristen Stewart was promoting her movie on the Graham Norton Show last night. Jesus, what a miserable bitch!
- And it's funny that this isn't the first time Kristen has insinuated she is attracted to Charlize/"wants" her. She's been very blunt about it. Hiding in plain sight?
- It seems that Kristen has a pattern of crushing on her female co-stars. And, yeah, she sure looks happy with Charlize. Happy and hot. Happy and hot in ways that she never looks when she is with her platonic best friend, Rob.
- Are they trying to make her look as ugly as possible?
Those shoes! That jacket! Girl. No.
- R544 why do they let her dress herself is the bigger question here
- She has no fucking presence whatsoever. Both Chris Hemsworth and the utter fabulous Charlize outshine her.
And I guess they are just going to let her live in that glass closet, huh? To the public she's straight since she's 'dated' men, so she can safely flirt with Dakota and Charlize and it's just 'joking.' Women can get away with this stuff more than a closeted male actor can.
She's not talented enough to go the Ellen Page route. Ellen doesn't try to falsely fem herself up for women's magazine and pretends she likes fashion. She's a butch girl, she doesn't shove herself down the public's throat with endless photo spreads and fake boyfriends. And yet her career is more respected than KStew's.
- I have seen her dressed nicely with her hair done, I think on Conan but when she was on Letterman this week, she had hurt herself...so no heels, no dress.
- R546 Charlize is like an older Kristen, though. She comes off as self-important, ignorant and bitchy as Kristen does. Chris and the lesser Sam are the only people that don't grind other peoples' gears and leave a bad taste in their mouth. And Charlize is going well above and beyond the typical co-star praise that people in Hollywood do. She's straight up kissing Kristen's ass.
- Jada Pinkett is butch but she is wise enough to go to most interviews looking fem and beautiful.
- I think they are just trying to sell this movie anyway they can, R548. The desperation of the publicity might reveal how bad the movie is. I remember the constant barrage of PR surrounding Water for Elephants revealed just what a turd the actual movie was.
- R550 But that's not just PR. PR would be praising her on her character and the way she portrayed it. Charlize goes on and on about what a great person she is. And she said she'd "jump off a building" for Kristen. That's above and beyond typical PR obligations.
- Yes it is, especially in the case of Stewart, she need to be made desirable, her "relationship" with Robert managed that with the twilight fan-base, but she still need to appeal to a wider audience. I do agree that Charlize is trying too hard.
- It seems very genuine on Charlize's part, not like she's trying to sell it.
- [quote]Women can get away with this stuff more than a closeted male actor can.
And up until now, I haven't paid much attention to Charlize Theron's personality off camera. I've liked her in some of her roles and think she's a good actor, but I've never seen her in interviews or on talk shows.
But if this latest round of promotion for SWATH is an indication of her as a person, then she does come across as full of herself and not terribly bright. And, yeah, she is kissing up to Kristen. Why, I don't know.
Maybe Charlize has a crush on Kristen. Maybe the crush is mutual. That would explain Charlize's kissing up to Kristen. I mean she doesn't need Kristen professionally, and what she's said about Kristen goes way beyond standard promotional stuff.
- Charlize is probably aware of the crazy Kristen fans and doesn't want to piss them off by being anything less that over exuberant in her praise. She could also be a bit of an opportunist and wants to get the Twihards loving on her as well. Let's face it, she is an actress who is constantly trying to get work. If she expands her fan base, she can accomplish that more easily.
- Does Charlize troll the internet and keep tabs on Kristen's fans? Don't be ridiculous. It's clear her and Kristen get along. A little too well in all honesty, but they clearly get along.
- They didn't even care enough to give this twat a new cover picture after the first one had been leaked
- Don't forget that Charlize has just adopted a baby. I hate the phrase but she is 'loved up' because of it. No doubt this has a lot to do with her apparent fondness for the miserable one.
- She looks even more dead-eyed and vacant than she normally does, and that's saying something.
Regarding Charlize-it's just movie promotion. They aren't friends, they don't hang out together. Theron could probably give two fucks about Kristen Stewart. It's PR, probably to make Stewart look more likable and desirable. Charlize is the most popular cast member, she's a professional and an actress. She knows the deal. It's not like they could send Kristen out with Sam Calflin or Hemsworth since she doesn't seem to have a great rapport with either. Universal knows most people think Stewart is a wooden, sour puss of an actress-they need to make her marketable.
- Charlize doesn't need the Twihards. And she probably doesn't want them, either.
But I would say that she's quite taken with Kristen. Maybe she can feel Kristen's attraction to her, or maybe Kristen's sexual vibes are appealing to her.
Who knows? But Charlize is over the top when it comes to her reactions to Kristen in interviews and such, so it's got to be more than your average "We had so much fun on the set!" drivel that co-stars are obliged to spew when they're promoting a film.
Whatever it is, though, lately Charlize has been coming across as a silly teen with a crush. Not good for someone in their thirties.
- R560 I actually think it's Charlize, the hot friend, taking pity on the homely friend that has a crush on her (Stewart), and humoring her crush.
- Kristen is not homely...lol, there's probably a mutual crush going on there.
- She was on Graham Norton last night (search YouTube: it's there.) He had to sidestep her for the other guests in order to create the semblence of an entertaining show. Quite the dullest sourest plainest girl who ever became an 'actress' -- I use the term loosely.
- She reminds me of Jodie Foster. She's got that whole junior bulldyke 'not interested in clothes or makeup' and 'bored with pretending to be fem' thing going on. But a totally indulged sour apple. She needs to be slapped hard.
- The Graham Norton interview isn't all that bad. But that's because Chris Rock and the other guy are kind of funny.
What's bad, though, are the Snow White clips they show. Those snippets make the film look really lame.
And take a look at Kristen in this still. Convincing? I think not.
- I am so tired of these endless discussions about Kristen Stewart.
- R566. Then visit another thread.
- I'd like the discussion to focus more on Robert, and on Skater Boy and Rob's side of things. Talking about Kristen all the time is boring.
- Then start your own thread, R568.
- Kristen Stewart is a goodlooking girl, and girls would kill for her slender body. But, she's known to be stuck-up on her shy personality, I guess.
- Yeah the new Snow White clip that actually features dialogue from Stewart...well I can't say she's doing a bad British accent because essentially she's not doing one at all. Hemsworth owns her in the clip. She's just so blah and unremarkable. Bella as Snow White.
- R569, those topics ARE part of this thread.
- [quote] But, she's known to be stuck-up on her shy personality, I guess.
Sorry, R570, but I can't figure out what you're saying. How can a person be stuck up on their own, um, shy personality? Doesn't make sense. I think you need to rewrite your sentence.
Anyway, despite what the fans say, Kristen isn't shy. God. Actors aren't shy. That's one of the reasons they go into the business. Shy people don't want to be in front of an audience. Shy people don't want to talk in front of cameras.
She's not shy. And she's not awkward. And she's not adorable. And her 10 minutes are almost over.
- You're quite welcome to link up some fun gossip on Robert, R568. Who's stopping you?
But don't come here and whine and moan about the current topic of conversation because that kind of complaining makes you boring, too.
Either add some good gossip or go away. You do have a choice you know.
- Some of us were trying to talk about Robert & Skater Boy earlier, and we were scolded.
- Ah, yes, you were the asshole you keeps wanting to insist this Skaterboy person is on London when every other poster told you were insane. What a fucking moron. I can't wait to hear more of this scintillating conversation.
- Oh fuck off, R576 - you totally missed the point and I'm not sure why you carry yourself with such airs.
I didn't insist he was in London - I said there was a strong possibility he was because he's been in so many other places lately. You seem to think that photographic proof of someone being in a city is required to prove that they were there.
Why don't you carry on for another 500 posts about how Kristen is not young, not attractive, not talented, is a loser, is a bad actress etc. That's all you ever talk about.
- But, Skaterboy was telling the truth! Rumorboy had stolen the He/She Gay site from Skaterboy!!
- Jesus, R577. Calm down. Or start yourself a Skater Boy in London Thread. It's easy. I can take you through the steps if you want.
- R568 has nothing of interest to say and no gossip but somehow feels the need to whine about what other posters are talking about. Moving on....
Nah, I don't think Kristen is shy. Or not so shy that she's incapable of holding a conversation like an adult as her fans seem to think. She's done enough interviews to be able to handle them and show some fucking personality. I think this dour, humorless affect IS her personality.
- R579, I'm not the one who needs to calm down. It is R576 who responded with white hot anger over the Skater Boy issue and who is obsessively posting hundreds of times about Kristen.
You agree, yes?
- So in her latest interview she mentions her boyfriend. And she wasn't asked about it. Seriously, famewhore much?
- The boyfriend she would have is one with a 6 inch clit.
- Oh man, she needs to find a different way to promote herself, because with every interview she ends up looking dumber and trashier then before.
And it's hilarious how she brought up the "boyfriend" bit out of the blue, because you know, every private person would do that and then try to tell everyone how she's not going to whore her life out.
- I'm sorry, are we to think she is some rebel with that disgusting, foul mouth and filthy pig sty of a car? She's a slob, plain and simple.
She's disappointed nothing " bad" has happened to her yet? Only a clueless, spoiled, self centered 22 year old brat would make a comment like that. Someone with some life experience would call that "blessed." She truly believes she's special. I would be happy to clue her in - the bad will come. It comes for everyone. Even the rich and spoiled. ( More so, perhaps.)
And I'm beginning to think that Pattinson is an android. No human being with a brain and backbone would allow another person to demean them the way she does to him. Either android or canine.
- Which interview is that, R582?
- She really is a total cunt.
[quote]On regretting that she had to be homeschooled: "Because I didn't go to f**king school – I feel I would have had a bit something extra if I had. Maybe because my life is so f**king perfect, when I see the other side of life, it just seems like, almost like I want... You can learn so much from bad things. I feel boring. I feel like, Why is everything so easy for me? I can't wait for something crazy to f**king happen to me. Just life. I want someone to f**k me over! Do you know what I mean?"
- r587...wow, I think she's cute sometimes, but that quote is extremely stupid. How dumb.
- Yeah, the boyfriend quote was totally planned OF COURSE. The PR surrounding this film has gotten pretty desperate. All the clips they've released are pretty blah. They shot their load with the trailer and everything since just looks boring and grim.
- Wow, Kristen has really sold poor 'ole Robert out. The thing that's weird, though, is what the article says about their "relationship":
"Stewart's life is a no-fly zone. What's there to say anyway? It is whatever it is. The irony being that for all the alchemy she conjures with Pattinson on-screen, there's an underlying disconnect".
Is it just me or are they insinuating that Rob and Kristen can't stand each other in reality?
- So why is Kristen referring to Rob as her boyfriend in her latest interview same as she did last year slipping the famous "My English boyfriend" remark"
When Robert is asked about his girlfriend, he just laughs and says " don't be ridiculous".
It seems that Kristen is somehow more into this than he is, maybe she gets more out of it.
Could it be that he feels obligated to go along with all of this, because she was the one who got him the Edward part. Didn't she convince that Hardwicke woman that Rob was the best choice.
Somehow it seems that she gets more out of this whole" play" they are performing and I wonder why?
- R591 Rob usually deflects because he just doesn't want to talk about it. That doesn't mean he's not her "boyfriend", fake or real.
- She's not obvious at all with that bullshit about the ring. Do her and her friends troll the internet? She always seems to know every single thing that's said about her and often acts according to what they want to see..
- If anybody cares, here's the quote about her "fucking boyfriend."
The whole interview takes place in a bookstore where Stewart tries to sound intelligent and well read and talks about the different literary characters she'd like to play (god help us).
"Oh my God, my fucking boyfriend just did this movie," she says, referring to Robert Pattinson while pulling down a copy of Bel Ami. "The French, they're up in arms that he did it."
She also references the Robsten ring of love she always wears:
"Everyone wants to know." Stewart says slyly. She shakes her head. "Everyone knows already-it's ridiculous."
She must read gossip and message boards about her because only the deeply disturbed Robsten boards talk about that ring. I don't really see it referenced on general gossip sites. Not even here, really.
- [quote]It seems that Kristen is somehow more into this than he is, maybe she gets more out of it. Could it be that he feels obligated to go along with all of this, because she was the one who got him the Edward part. Didn't she convince that Hardwicke woman that Rob was the best choice
That's what that CDAN blind item seemed to be alluding to.
I think Stewart is more interested in building a fame related career and so talking about her 'relationship' gives her that. Pattinson, even though I don't care for him, doesn't seem as invested in being famous.
- R594 Yeah, that's my thinking about the ring. And I really don't believe Rob would get her a horoscope ring (someone did a closer examination of it and it was her sign, Aries). It wouldn't be above her to purposefully lead people in the wrong direction to believe what she wants them to believe.
- [quote]I'm sorry, are we to think she is some rebel
Yes. That's what were supposed to think, I guess. And, of course, she believes she's A Rebel and a True Actor and a Literary Genius. And the list goes on.
And when she talks about 'everyone' knowing about the ring, it's pretty clear she thinks 'everyone' would be those fanatics on the boards that worship her. And, yes, I'd say she reads those boards based on what she said.
It's time for her to pack her bags and go away.
- A new thread has been started. Part 19.
- Is Part 20 up yet? Link please.
- Link to Part 20.