- Can you imagine diving face-first into that enormous muscle ass?
- Oh yes, R1. Imagine the musk. I think I just may have to invest in the Barney Miller DVDs now.
- Max at the wrap party with his (now deceased) wife Willie Beir. Look at that chest fur!
- Matthew Laborteaux (Albert from LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE) is the little boy in the OP's link. I think he grew up to be gay. I bet Max's hot muscle ass gave him mastorbation fodder all through adolescence and beyond.
- If he's gay, R4, I'm sure he did dream of that big, furry body. Here's a close-up of that muscle butt.
- Max played Jay Mohr's hippie father on "Gary Unmarried." He just turned 69 earlier this month. He is still a hot daddy.
- Insanely hot swim relay - Selleck, Aames, Gail, Gregory Harrison and others.
- He's 69! What an appropriate number for what I'd've like to have done with him back in the day.
- He had a rare lead role as a studly contemporary artist in HEARTBREAKERS with Nick Mancuso.
He's Native American, and he went to Williams College.
- He's in that Mike Rowe vein of beefy, hairy, studly and hot. I'd take those guys over the waxed, shaved and carved out of stone types anyday.
- now this is a good thread. is matthew really gay?
- Knock yourselves out:
- I wonder if he's wearing underwear under those shorts in the video. Probably not. Uuuhhhhnnnhh!!!!!
- Quit/cut back acting for a while after his wife died to take care of their children.
- Tom Sellek was insanely hot in that swimming clip.
- What a beautiful absence of body shame.
Last night my partner and I went to a Retro Disco fundraiser, and I was again struck by how sexy the clothing in the '70s was. Fabrics aside, it was a major turn on to see men's chests, butts and bulges front and center again. And it felt great! Not sexualized, really (OK, maybe a little bit) but more than that it was just...freeing.
What the hell happened to that?
- It was really a sexual time, the 70s. And Max Gail looked fucking hot in those threads. YUM.
- Ugh, Howard Cosell. I forgot how annoying he was.
They didn't even have the courtesy to show me a full body shot of Greg Evigan. How rude!
- He is constantly bending over, ass to the camera in that clip. Who directed that thing?
And is that Caroline McWilliams in the clip?
- I once had a dream that Max and his "Barney Miller" co-star Ron Glass (at right in the linked photo) had been lovers for a brief time in the 70s and both longed for each other in the present day. I made like Emma Woodhouse and manipulated them into rekindling their romance. Even though it was all a figment of my twisted subconscious, I still get really happy when I think of either of them.
- Yes, I think that's Caroline as the wife. Max totally has that late 70s/early 80s gay trucker bareback porn stud look going on in the clip. Even the cinematography has that old gay porn look.
- yes dad!
- Check out Donna Dixon and Scott Baio checking out his meaty ass @ 0:58 in this clip.
- Did the US start to go to hell when Barney Miller (and Max Gail) went off the air?
- Somebody watched D.C. Cab on TV today!
- R25 No, but I'm kinda wishing I did...
- No volume, but Gail from "Barnaby Jones" -
- Mr Max look like he forget to bath. You can tell from photo he has B.O.
Yech. Be clean Mr. Max. Chung Ho like clean men. Everyone in North Korea stink like Asians but Chung Ho take bath so he smell like soap
- Dammit, that's a MAN!
- WHET Matt L.?
- [quote]Gail has a twin sister, actress Mary Gail.
She gotta be a hard-looking woman.
- r21, I was thinking the same thing. I kept waiting for Jack Wrangler to walk up in back of Max and drag him off to the bushes.
- Battle of the Network Stars is so funny. Ladies and gentleman, actors doing sports! It's the battle of the Judys as Judy Norton-Taylor in the middle lane takes on Judy Landers in the near lane...
So funny. It was just an excuse to get the guys in speedos, wasn't it? Loved it.
- He and Adam West played lovers on an episode of some sit-com a few years back.
- "The Drew Carey Show" was where Gail and West were a couple.
- There are a couple of great episodes of Barney Miller where Wojo interacts with gay men.
First we have Marty (small-time criminal) and his "friend" Mr. Driscoll. Mr. Driscoll is having problems with custody issues with his son. Watching Wojo trying to wrap his mind around the idea that a gay man could have a son is quite wonderful. Very 70's.
And then there is Vitelli, the gay cop who is outed by Wojo. Turns out Vitelli has friends in high places and ends up getting promoted instead of getting kicked off the force.
- Thanks for posting this, OP. I had done searches for "The Aliens are Coming" miniseries on Youtube before to no avail. The barechested Max scene I believe is only in the miniseries version and not the edited 2-hour TV movie version. Although I could have sworn he had been washing a car in a pair of cut-offs in that scene. Youthful wishful thinking I guess...
- LOL R32
- Even as a kid, I've always been attracted to middle-aged guys.
I used to watch every ep of Barney Miller, just because I was in love with Wojo. When I was alone, I'd kiss the tv screen lol.
And same for Hogan's Heroes, that Hogan was a damn fine piece of man-meat.
- Another 80's hottie. 40 seconds into the intro. Rarely watched the show, but ALWAYS watched the credits !!
- Back in the early 1990's, Max Gail played a gay art dealer in the Wild West in the tv movie "Sodbusters". He had the hots for the hot black blacksmith.
- Well, based on his first wife it certainly appears he likes the dark meat.
- Not wanting to sidetrack the conversation, but speaking of the Barney Miller TV show, is Ron Glass gay? He always plays refined characters, somewhat effete, and the man has never been married.
I always found him very attractive.
- I used to beat-off at age 12 thinking about his meaty, manly ass and muscles. I bet he used to fuck Hal Linden with his beercan cock.
- Fans of Max will like the 1:00 mark of this clip.
- Ron Glass is gay as a goose.
- Ron Glass played the "metrosexual" on Barney Miller before the word even existed.
- That's all the better, R42
- Now THAT'S something I'd like to see, R44. Linden was a fox too.
- Does anyone know what episode of "Barney Miller" has Max barechested?
- Eewwww! Gross. All those tight clothes. You can see outlines.
Body shaving, YT flexing, baggy pants wearing, puritan babygay.
- Hal Linden was a very hot man. But Max in those tight polyester pants of Wojo's--WO HO!
- R51, there's one episode where Wojo is at home. We see him wearing a robe but it's open and we get a good view of his hairy chest.
The episode dealt with one of Wojo's girlfriends. I'm not sure it's the girlfriend who is a former hooker.
- R40, he did a movie sometime in the early 70's where he was nude. You not only saw Mr. Johnson, you saw the the well Baby Jessica fell down in.
There are clips of it, I used to have it before my hard drive died.
Love 80s hairy daddies
- Martin Kove clip for R40
Still love 80s hairy daddies, even in the 70s.
- R56, that clip was...something.
- Whoa. What a waste of Martin Kove's hot nude young body!
- These two hunks, max gail and Martin Kove were and still are my male ideals, GOD I used to jerk off to them so many times when young.
- And what an ass on Kove! YUM
- I guess it's time for my bulge to make an appearance in this thread.
- No Fred, it is not time for you.
- R62, are you Stepfanie Kramer?
- It was clear that Freddie Dryer hated underwear (much like Jon Hamm). Whenever Fred wore jeans, you could clearly tell which side he decided to tuck on for the day.
- Lol, check out the loving closeup of Matt Houston's bulge with "Chariots of Fire" playing in the background (at 3:30). There must have been a lot of gay tv directors back in the day.
- I blame you guys for rewatching Barney Miller. Loved Jack Soo.
- Happy to oblige, R66
- LOL what the fuck was that Martin Kove clip?
- It is hilarious isn't it, R68? It's from the Warhol/Morrissey film "Women in Revolt". It starred transgender actresses/Warhol staples Candy Darling, Jackie Curtis and Holly Woodlawn (who's in the clip with Martin).
- Gawd! The actress in the OP's clip is AWFUL!
- Really hot hunks
- This is a great thread. I can remember watching Barney Miller and focusing on Wojo. There are a couple of episodes where its pretty evident he didn't wear underware under those tight double knits. One scene in particular is burned in my memory where you could see the outline of his cock head and all. Ahhh, those were the days
- Hot daddies
- WHICH EPISODE WAS THAT, R73?????
- OP, we owe you, best thread in months, just thinking about Max has put me en heat, I need a Max,now!!!!
- Thanks, me too
- You're welcome, R76! I need Wojo too!
- R75, If I remember correctly it was the episode where Wojo's girlfriend makes the pot laced brownies. Wojo, Harris, Yemana and Fish all eat them.
- Ron Glass and Tony Geary were lovers back in the day.
- Thanks, R79! Here are some excerpts from that episode. Gawd was he HOT!
- Yikes, that gave me a Hardon
- Fuck me!
- [quote]Ron Glass and Tony Geary were lovers back in the day.
Ewwwwww. Tony was so gross-looking.
- Do we think he has a hairy bunghole?
- [quote]I used to beat-off at age 12 thinking about his meaty, manly ass and muscles.
I did the same thing!
[quote]I bet he used to fuck Hal Linden with his beercan cock.
OMG—a whole new angle to my Max Gail fantasy.
- Max was cute with his hair cropped short, but when he grew it out long (while still thin on top) it was an epic fail and he looked ridiculous. I saw him in a movie the other day - "Where Are the Children?, with Jill Clayburgh - and he was quite awful in it and looked preposterous throughout.
- Arrest me, I'm guilty!
- [quote]I saw him in a movie the other day - "Where Are the Children?, with Jill Clayburgh - and he was quite awful in it and looked preposterous throughout.
OMG he's in that? I used to LOVE that movie!
- His name should be Max Tail, 'cause he's got a great one!
- [quote]Do we think he has a hairy bunghole?
I'd bet my entire bank account on it
- from Super Password
- Back in the day, I'd've liked for him to grab hold of me, throw me down on the floor and pin me with his big muscular legs as he kissed me until I could barely breath. Then he'd take his clothes off, rip mine off of me and then...
- I like all these posts about Max Gail as I thought I was the only one who wanted to screw him--I had little idea he was so "appreciated" and I wonder if he's seen all these posts. Well, in hopes he does read them here's one more: my fantasy is to take a sturdy fraternity paddle and have at that ass of his until he moans owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww--this would work best with him in a cowboy outfit with the wide open shirt (significant of the wide open guy) or maybe a cop uniform in keeping with the Barney Miller idea. Then after his ample cheeks had been ravaged sufficiently with the lickin stick he'd get greased up and plowed--those asscheeks would provide alot of cushion to the pushin and I'd do my best to squash them flat.....
- r93/94/95/97 is the insane JanBot Troll of the Jackson threads. Wow.
- R99, and your point is...?
I think I'll Trolldar you and see what you're all about. Oh, and stay mad.
And, love it, R98!
- Some people have no taste.
- I'd love to "taste" Max.
- I was a set extra on Barney Miller back in the 70s. The pay wasn’t much, but it was great exposure. I also took classes at the Lois Nettleton acting school. On Barney, I usually played a juvenile delinquent being brought in by one of the cops. I even got to say a line once on the episode where Wojo dates the ex-hooker. The cast was relatively friendly, if a little too into themselves. Sometimes I’d walk across the soundstage and pretend I was the various characters on the show. I knew that if I stayed positive and made myself available, I’d achieve my dream of becoming one of the Ernie Flatt dancers on Carol Burnett’s show, or maybe even a guest spot on the Love Boat!! One night I was alone on the soundstage after everyone had left, contemplating my future as an actor. I pulled out my flask of vodka and began to drink from it, getting a bit tipsy. I was thinking that I was all alone when suddenly I thought I heard a noise from behind one of the set walls. A rat, perhaps? “Who’s THERE?” I asked, several times. Thinking it was a rat, I went back to my faux soliloquy when suddenly I heard pounding footsteps behind me. Before I could turn around, I was tackled and thrown to the floor. As I struggled in the dark, I tried to see who it was when I felt a furry object fall onto my face. It was a toupee – that is when I realized it was MAX!! “L-l-let go of me, you b-b-b-bastard!” I yelled. But he was too strong for me and his massive hands began to rip my t-shirt into shreds. I pushed his face away when he tried to kiss me, and he slapped me hard across my cheek – several times! I went limp from shock and simply gave up as his meaty, naked body covered mine, and he squeezed me in bear hug as his tongue roughly probed me ear. “Yeah, you make me hot – been noticing you on my set. Tonight you’re auditioning for ME – YOU GOT IT?”. He sounded insane. All this time he had been STALKING me!!! I remember the strong scent of mansweat and Old Spice. My Fruit of the Looms were like cheap pieces of paper in his hands as he ripped them from my firm, but quivering loins. “S-s-s-stop! Please! I don’t want to DO THIS!!” I protested. “SHUT UP, you big queen!” he snarled, punching me in my ribs as he used his knees to roughly force my thighs apart. He violently lifted my legs up over his shoulders. I pushed against his massive hairy chest, but that only seemed to arouse him and make him laugh. Then without warning, I felt his brutal thrust into my mangarden – he-he-he RAPED me!!! Right on the soundstage of Barney Miller!! On and on it went for about five minutes. Drool began to drip from the sides of his mouth into my EYES!! He relentlessly humped me – I thought it would NEVER end. He was so large and heavy, I lost my breath several times, almost passing out. I felt his body quiver, and he moaned loudly as he released his seed INTO ME!! He fell on top of me in a sweaty, hairy heap of manflesh. He lay on top of me for what seemed hours. I only wanted to shower to wash off his scent from my body. Finally, he got up, pulled his pants back on, put his toupee on his head, snickered at my violated body and left.
The next day I went to NBC. ANIMAL!!
- R103, people being raped by Max Gail do not say things like "he humped me." You obviously are a sick fantasist. Stop or we will call the police
- I wonder what Max's natural body scent is like.
- [quote] I also took classes at the Lois Nettleton acting school.
I didn't know Lois had an acting school...
- bump for sexy Max
- Max Gail, when he played Wojo, should have had his butt paddled, spanked, fucked and generally flattened. I loved that friendly, dumb act combined with an ass that desperately screamed "spank me". Now Max Gail looks like somebody's worst nightmare of their old Aunt Mabel gone awry.
- I wonder what his body scent was like back then. I would've gulped his bathwater.
- I had such a huge crush on him back then.
- Me too, R112. I loved the dumb himbo schtick.
- The sensitive side of Max -
- Very nice, R114.
And I would definitely still hit it.
- bump for guy in the Celebrities doing porn thread
- Bump for sexy Max
- What a hot, masculine man! I saw him often on the Universal lot. He was aggressively flirtacious. Very nice. Never did him and still regret it.
- Oh, Daddy!