- I don't think the writing is that good. The scene with her character and the president was sorta laughable.
Kerry Is beautiful and sexy - I think she deserves a better vehicle than this show.
- They should have named it "Shonda Rhimes Watched Leverage."
- It is atrocious. Shonda tries Sorkin and fails.
- If you like strong, independent black women who bring it every time than you'll love this baby!
- Just couldn't get into it. It was just too contrived. It also seemed like it borrowed the premise of just about every other show on ABC and threw it together.
- Why does all the dialogue have to be spouted at breakneck speed? It was incredibly annoying and contrived and ultimately led me to delete it from my queue. Too bad...Guillermo Diaz is in it.
- I liked it.
- She is shouting all of her lines in an effort to sound "authoritative".
Fan of Kerry, but this stinks.
- Grey's Anatomy in a "law" firm.
- Grey's Anatomy in the West Wing.
Even the once-hot Tony Goldwyn as the President couldn't save it.
And despite the TON of promotion ABC did, the first showing on Friday was so low in the ratings, the network felt the need to rerun on Monday after DWTS.
Even SMASH did better in the overnights.
It's toast. Shonda finally has a failure.
- [quote]It's toast. Shonda finally has a failure.
Shonda already has a failure. It was called Off The Map and starred Mamie "Meryl's Girl" Gummer as an earnest young doctor in the jungle.
- Was Michael Cassidy in it? I love him.
- I love Kerry Washington. She's sexy, funny, and a versatile actress. I love Shonda Rhimes and was so excited to read the Scandal credits to see that she is writer and executive producer. Awesome! I think Kerry needs to work some more on her character - to find out who she is. I got bored after a while on the first episode, and Kerry Washington does not bore me. Her character was so over the top and unrealistic in the opening scene with the gangsters and the money. Kerry's character was too humphrey bogart in the way she was spouting off those lines to the bad guys. It was hard to believe that anyone could talk like that bad guys - much less a woman. They would have killed her for not giving them the amount of cash they were expecting. Anyway, I didn't stick around for the second act but I'll try again next week.
- Oh my lor, the guy interviewing the girl in the bar was talking so fast and you could hear him gasping for breath, so obnoxious!
- Cannot STAND Kerry Washington. So full of herself.
- [quote]And despite the TON of promotion ABC did, the first showing on Friday was so low in the ratings, the network felt the need to rerun on Monday after DWTS.
Scandal premiered on Thursday night in the PP time-slot at 10pm. It reportedly got "solid" or "ok" numbers but by no means a runaway hit.
- [quote]Even SMASH did better in the overnights.
Scandal's encore performance (6.74)came in second behind Hawaii 5-0 (10.19) on Monday night at 10pm and just ahead of Smash (6.02) helping ABC to win the night.
- [quote]It's toast. Shonda finally has a failure.
Shonda has already had a failure. Just ask Meryl's daughter.
- I don't know why the new girl is being such a cry baby over Olivia Pope telling the girl who had the affair with the president to leave town. She is annoying.
- What happened to Patty Smith? To most fans Patty's sound IS Scandal.
- actually r18, that was not a Shonda show that was a Jenna Bans show who was one of Shonda's protegees and a writer on Grey's up until she left for Off the Map. Shonda made sure to repeatedly point that out to anyone who asked her about the show on twitter.
- I liked it, so there bitches.
- Love.........love.....love this show. If you can't keep up with the speed, says more about you than the show1
- I've heard this show is good, and should probably give it a chance, but there's something about Kerry Washington that puts me off. She has no gravitas. Can you imagine if someone like Viola Davis played this character? I'd be there in a heartbeat.
- So if it wasn't clear the VP is the one behind the shadiness putting the intern girl up to blackmailing the president, then when they introduced VP as SHOCKER a female in tonight's episode it was perfectly clear.
I enjoy this show but I hate the way they write all the Republicans from a Democrat perspective, just like they used to do on Brothers and Sisters.
Why not just make the politicians Democrats and save us all the trouble.
- LOVE THIS SHOW!! I love the chemistry bwt Oliva and Fitz...cannot wait for next week's show. The torture scene with Huck was awesome!! That motherfucker is scary!!
This show WILL have a 2nd season - the numbers have been good and steady!
- During the 10 o’clock hour, ABC freshman Scandal finished in a virtual-tie with CBS’ time-period established The Mentalist for #1 in Adults 18-49 (tie in audience share). Versus its freshman drama competition in the slot, ABC’s Scandal soared over NBC’s Awake by 214% in Total Viewers, by 200% in Adults 25-54 and by 150% in Adults 18-49. In addition, Scandal took full control of The Mentalist with Adults 18-34 (+56%) and won its slot for the 4th week running with key Women (W18-49/W25-54). Despite going up against all first-run competition, ABC’s Scandal held even week to week in Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54, while growing 8% in Adults 18-34 to match series highs across all 3 Nielsen measures.
- I love this show! I do not trust the first lady one bit, I think she's been setting Olivia up from the begining. Telling that they haven't yet revealed who Amanda was working with/ what she was lying about.
- Some of the message boards thinks its the who is blackmailing the President. The First Lady knows there is something going on bwt Olivia and Fitz. The stories are so juicy that I can't take it.
There are two more episodes left in the season.
- The VP....sorry for typo.
- I liked it right away and hope it lasts, Kerry is great in it.
- i tried watching it, seriously boring, like anything shonda does anyway
- Lovely show, I hope it lasts, I live the strong chemistry between the president and Liv!
- Tonight's episode is going to be off the chain!! Hot Hot Hot!! They're doing flashbacks to how the relationship started bwt Olivia and the President.
I'm living in Europe so I have to wait until Friday to watch Thursday's episode online. I can't wait!!!
- It has potential but needs work. The idea that she is decisive enough to run this perfect agency and then turns into a puddle around the president doesn't really fly.
- R35, But that's the point! She can fix the problems of her high powered clients, but cannot fix her own issues. That makes Olivia human. Would you watch a show if the lead character had no flaws? The President is her kryptonite.
- Fantastic show last night! Please ABC renew this show!!
- YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! It's been renewed for a 2nd season. So fucking happy!!
LOVE THIS SHOW!
I've been reading good things about this show, and now I may have to start watching.
- You go Shonda! Make that money, girl!
By the way, Tony Goldwyn is STILL hot. I'd fuck around with him.
- Put me down for really liking it. Amazing chemistry between those two! Moves quickly, full of surprises but not too far fetched. Maybe a few too many characters. It needs tweaking but I'm really glad it's being brought back.
- I love this show! Last night's episode was great. Happy to see it's been renewed for another season... The chemistry between K. Washington and T. Goldwyn is off the chain. ..can't wait for the season finale next week!
- Tony always has great chemistry with his female co-stars. He and Gina Gershon steamed up the screen in "Love Matters", and he was great with Lynn Whitfield in "Taking the Heat". He and Demi even had a little somethin' somethin' in "Ghost", despite the fact that he was a creep.
- That was him in Taking the Heat? Damn, I actually think he looks better. And yeah he had great chemistry with Lynn and has it again with Kerry. I missed the last episode am just about to start it on On Demand.
- He was so hot in Taking the Heat, walking around with in his underwear.
In Love Matters, he and Gina Gerson spend a large portion of the movie buck naked and having hot sex all over Griffin Dunne and Annette O'Toole's house.
- Tony is 52 years old and his body is hot! This week's episode he went shirtless and hot damn I was turned on! I'm looking for an image to post from Thursday's episode of his body.
- SCANDAL is tv drama on steroids, and I love it.
- Well, here's Tony's body from years back. It is an old picture, but it pretty much still looks the same nowadays.
- I'm so glad Scandal was renewed, I love Kerry Washington in it and Tony Goldwyn is really sexy, other than seeing him in the Pelican Brief, he's not someone I really paid much attention to but he has this vibe about him on Scandal that is very appealing. I don't think this show's premise has ever been explored on TV before which makes it even better.
- Found it!!! This is the from Thursday's night hot and heavy episode. Tony's body is hot!
- Tony was so hot in an episode of "The L Word" where he played a closeted gay movie star. This entire scene is worth watching for his performance alone (and the bod, of course).
- [quote]Tony Goldwyn @tonygoldwyn
Thanks for all the #ScandalLove Tweetpeople!!!
Retweeted by kerry washington
- Get ready Gladiators!! Season Finale tonight at 10pm!!!
- Did someone say Kerry McNally? Did you get to see his feets?
- Tony Goldwyn was in Denver for the DNC in 08 and I saw him. He purty.
- The season finale was brilliant! The First Lady is Lady Macbeth incarnate...just ruthless. Don't fuck with her! I love the fast pace of this show. It's like a drug.
Fitz and Olivia's relationship is such a heart-breaking romance. Once again Olivia broke The President's heart.
So many unanswered questions. Who the hell is Quinn? Will Cyrus be caught for his deadly deed? Will the First Lady get her blackmail baby?
The ratings for last night's finale was the best of the season...up 26%! The 2nd season is going to be AMAZING! See you in the fall.
- I really like it and am surprised to discover how hot Kerry Washington is. But anyone who watches needs to go in understanding that this is a Shonda Rhimes production so basically a soap opera no matter the setting.
- I would have much rather have seen Jackée Harry in the lead role.
- R57, I haven't watched Shonda's shows in the past. They never appealed to me. I don't mind the soapy aspects of this show, but I really like the dialogue in this show. There's so much going on, that I have to go back and rewatch the episode just to make sure I didn't miss anything.
- [quote]I enjoy this show but I hate the way they write all the Republicans from a [bold]Democrat[/bold] perspective...
The word is Democratic. If you don't want to be perceived as stupid by Democrats and independents, stop revealing that you are almost illiterate.
- WTF is Kerry Washington and where do you people know her from? How random.
- its grown on me, i hated it at first for being to showy and melodramatic but then i slapped my self open handed across my face and realized its entertainment not a documentary.
so chill and relax
I really dig the president played by Tony Goldwyn mmmm really hot for a 50-something white dude.
and the show has really great i will even go as far to say awesome hait.
- Tony Goldwyn had a birthday yesterday. He's a hot 52 year old!!
- I just finished watching the finale on Hulu, it was very good - really great acting on the show from Kerry, Tony Goldwyn, the woman who plays the First Lady, The President's gay right hand man and Olivia's team. I can't wait for next season, it's already one of my favorite shows.
- R64, Welcome to the club...Scandal is a fantastic show.
Here is a link to the full cast of Scandal.
- LOVE this show and am so thrilled it's survived the chopping block on which it was precariously perched. Though Olivia and Huck are my favorite characters, the power-hungry First Lady has really grown on me.
I want to know who Quinn really is!
- Thanks R65!
- R66, The ratings were pretty good for a mid season show. It was only 2nd to the Mentalist on CBS. The finale had a 26% rise in viewers, so this bodes well for next season. It has a great lead in with Grey's Anatomy.
As for Quinn, I think she witnessed something pretty horrific. She has to be connected to someone in the White House or someone politically connected. This season we focused on the Amanda Tanner storyline, I have a feeling the story arc will revolve around Quinn. We WON'T get all the answers in the 1st episode next season...that's for sure!
- The only thing that bugs me about it is the same thing that bugs me about all episodics and that is the fix a problem/disaster in an hour thing.
Having the main problem extend through the season is great and the smaller issues would be great if they were at least a couple of episodes. I like the idea of them having to keep a couple of balls in the air at the same time to some extent.
- Liza Weil (from Gilmore Girls) plays Amanda.
- The woman playing the First Lady has such a girlish, sweet face, but she's so vicious and ferocious with all that hollering and scheming. Olivia doesn't intimidate easily, but the First Lady sort of got to her.
- R71, that was one of the best scenes in the episode. She has taken on Olivia at her own game. The First Lady is HBIC, no doubt about that. She'll do anything to stay in the WH. She's a scary bitch!
- I don't watch much network TV, so I'd never heard of it until this thread, but I watched all the episodes and now I'm hooked and hate to have to wait until next season for the next episode.
BTW, this is OT, but anyone who likes political TV shows should check out Hulu's original series Battleground, a fictional documentary about the race for a Wisconsin US Senate seat. Really hot lead actor and a lesbian scandal with the candidate, lots of skullduggery and a fat schlub to love to hate.
Another political drama on Hulu is Party Animals, a one-season British series about a political campaign with a sex scandal.
No, I'm not a PR hack, I just love TV shows about politics.
- I've posted so many times in this thread, but I don't care. I LOVE this show and I WILL shout it from the mountain tops. I want more people to see this show and understand this show is like CRACK!.
The DVD will be out next month, so those who don't have a HULU subscription can get a taste of Scandal. Also, episodes should be up on ITunes as well.
R73, Welcome aboard, my friend...counting down to the season 2 premiere.
- Great show. Quinn is the Presidents illegitimate daughter from a College affair!!!
Can't wait for season 2!
- r61, Kerry has been in numerous noteworthy projects. She was in both of the Fantastic 4 movies, Ray (the one where Jamie Foxx plays a Ray Charles impersonator), The Last King of Scottland, I Think I Love, My Wife, The Dead Girl (Where she played Brittney Murphey's girlfriend), and She Hate Me (popular among lesbians for a now famous trib scene).
There were also rumors going around for a while that she was dating Bai Ling.
- ::: spit-take :::
Lesbian rumors about KW?! Who knew!
Clearly, I am way out of the loop. And, oddly, this just makes me love the show more.
- Has there been any speculation about Shonda possibly being gay? Clearly she is gay friendly.
- Hmm, I didn't know there were gay rumors about Kerry Washington.
- This is the first I heard the lesbian rumors. The most I come across concerning her love life is her long term relation with David Moscow, and her short-term relationships with Lawrence O'Donnell and Common.
- Kerry fucked Bai Ling?
She's got a taste for shit!
- There are several links to the rumors and even a photo of them kissing, but here's just one of the links from a site the DL hates of course.
At any rate the rumor goes that she hooked up with Bai for a year starting in 2007 after she broke it off with Moscow. They had previously played lovers in that 2003 Spike Lee Movie
- I like the show. Kerry is hot.
- Is Bai Ling the one with the "beef curtains"? And if so what is the story on her "beef curtains"? Why are they a thing on DL?
- Do not fuck up this thread by talking about Bai Ling. We don't give two shits about her.
Stay on topic! Talk about the show SCANDAL!
- Rink prease!
- Sorry, that wasn't my intention. I just thought for the ninny who was acting as if they had no idea what Kerry had ever been in before, if nothing else they might have heard the gay rumor about her from years back.
So, back on point, I missed the episode before the season finale and can't seem to find it on my OnDemand (U-Verse). Am so upset, you all make it sound like a delicious episode.
- R87, Honey! Delicious just doesn't cover it! It was BEYOND delicious! It was all that and a bag of chips(I'm so old school)! You must do everything in your power to watch "The Trail" episode 6. I will give you the link and I will command you to watch this over the holiday weekend.
You will thank me later.
BTW - I don't mind gay rumors/truths - Kerry Is a hot mama...I just didn't want the thread to go astray.
- Thank you!!!! That was just as you described r88. Glad to have some background on the "one minute" thing. Oh and the chief of staff has been a nut case all along, I thought he just randomly turned fundy loon in the finale.
Did he ever figure it out that it was Olivia on the tape? I thought bits of the finale implied so.
- R89, This is a discussion among fans...some people thought Billy knew it was Olivia on the tape. Others thought Billy was talking more in general terms. How would he know that Fitz and Olivia were having affair? Remember Cyrus had no clue about their relationship until he saw them kissing in the Oval office.
Glad you enjoyed the episode ;)
- Good news! Scandal 1st Season will be released on DVD on June 12th. Amazon is taking pre-orders.
- And season two starts on Sept. 27th!
- The sexual chemistry between Washington and Goldwyn is gold.
- New to the show. Boyfriend urged me to watch the season 2 premier, as he loves it. And, now I love it!! I'll have to get the first season DVD.
- that flotus is crazy! she makes this really exciting.
- i loved the show. please continue to air it. all the actors are great!
- [quote]The sexual chemistry between Washington and Goldwyn is gold.
THIS. And Goldwyn is just hot sex on a platter. Always has been, ever since "Ghost".
- What do you think of Quinn Perkins?
- Quinn is still annoying.
- I love the nutty first lady. She is so unpredictable and calculating, I have a weakness for female characters of that variety. Maybe it's my Alex Forrest complex. Anyway, I was never a Quinn fan, but I do need to know what the hell Olivia did to her, this story is just insane in the best possible way.
- Yeah, I thought Quinn was annoying from the get go, sort of a chunkier Meredith Gray. At least she's only a only a supporting character.
- Up until the end of the end of the episode, I actually thought Quinn was possibly getting away with murder and totally playing Olivia and company.
I was very happy to see the show surprise me by dropping Olivia into the equation in a new and exciting way.
- What happened to Henry Ian Cusick? I know they said the character left to leave a normal life but any details on why he left the show?
- More Tony Goldwyn! I want him soooo bad.
- Get in line, R105
- Bump...I live in Europe and will watch tonight's episode later today.
I can't wait for Liv and Fitz to get back together.
- Where are my Gladiators?! Did you see the "treegate" episode Thursday night. Kerry and Tony have chemistry for days!!! What a fucking brilliant episode! Here is the infamous "treegate" scene. Check out how Fitz puts on those damn boots...so fucking hot! This man is EVERYTHING!
- Why do they have to talk at breakneck speed? Even the closed caption can't keep up. We enjoy the show, except for that. We are considering not watching again. Last episode was beyond ridiculous.
- Thursday's episode was brilliant! Great chemistry with all of the actors, especially the guy who was on Mad Men. And, can't wait to see the development with his wife after her discussion with Secret Service (don't want to say what, in case folks didn't watch the episode). Second season is not disappointing.
Anonymous Scandal Fan
- Which guy on Mad Men, R110?
- R111: he played the comic whose wife has an affair with Don (her name was Bobbie ?)..
- R113 - thanks. The character's name was Jimmy Barrett. (I loved when Don decked him)
- Didn't Kerry Washington shit herself in one of the takes and they had to re-shoot it?
- I thought that was Omorosa on Scandal.
- I want to like this show, but the writing is so bad. I like the concept and Kerry Washington, though.
- I like Kerry Washington a lot and I like the show in spite of itself.
I don't know how long it can run at this speed. It's kind of like the Young and the Restless under Maria Arena Bell... shit just keeps happening no matter what so stop thinking and just watch. I'd say you can tolerate it because it's just an episode a week, not one a day.
I still don't know why the autistic computer geek is so fucked up.
The required suspension of belief borders on too much.
Still, I like it.
- I'm finding middle aged Josh Malina oddly sexy. Really, even modestly built up pecs and biceps can have a profound impact on the sure-why-not? factor of almost anybody.
- I like the show and Kerry.
- The vicious First Lady cracks me up with her innocent looking face and devious mind.
I loved the scene when Olivia was in the restaurant and gradually noticed that the place was suddenly empty except for big, burly men guarding the entrances and exits - cool way to let you know who was about to come in.
Kerry and Tony Goldwyn are both smokin' hot.
The redheaded actress who plays the woman who's angry at Olivia and on the verge of betraying her says she ran into a bunch of fans of the show the other day who demanded that she be loyal to Olivia. She says she loves that the fans are so passionate about the show.
- Abby is fed up with Olivia keeping secrets...I think she will always be loyal to Olivia, but her patience is running very thin. I like the Abby and David hook-up.
Fitz and Olivia won't stay away from each other too long, it's just a matter of time before they get back together.
- I think Fitzgerald Grant is a stupid pretentious name even for a made up President.
- R123, LOL, I kinda agree...don't forget he's a III (3rd).
- I'm glad that Abby is hooking up with David because it shows that she isn't just a bitter shrew. She was beginning to verge on caricature.
I agree about Mellie--so devious but always with a smile on her face.
What do you make of the cabal at the end of this week's episode?
- R125, The "Illuminati" ending - all roads leads to Fitz. It seems the group did something dire to protect Fitz during the campaign. Somehow Olivia was brought in to fix the problem.
At least that's my guess...
- Gladiators, we have a full season of Scandal!!!! More Fitz and Olivia is on the way! Thanks ABC!!!
- Great news R127, I love this show.
- How can you not find Huck's character fascinating? He took "Cocaine" to do something he likes to do...stalk families, lol. This show is fast-paced and the characters are really developing. Cyrus is another great character.
- Well, I missed Fitz this past episode, BUT I loved the banter bwt Cyrus and his journalist husband James. I have a feeling James is going to find out how much a "monster" his husband really is...it won't be pretty!
Also, that vicious exchange btw Cyrus and Mellie was on point! I love this show so much! I can't wait til Thursday.
- Did anyone watch last night's episode? There was a man-on-man kiss in the Oval Office! Probably hasn't happened since the Buchanan administration.
- Kerry Washington is too thin and it's distracting
- R132 I beg to differ.
The Duchess of Windsor
- R132, No, she's not! Her bones are not sticking out. Guliana Rancic is stick thin...Kerry is not even close! She looks great for her height since she's petite.
I did like this week's episode...as I said last week I'm still missing Fitz. We have an explosive episode next week. The promo is up on YouTube and someone is going to die or Millie is going to lose the baby. Olivia is stepping out officially with Edison. She brings him to Fitz's birthday party...it's going down next week.
Also, the cast has been talking about episode 8, which is supposed to be AMAZING! It will air in early December - I'm so over the two week breaks bwt episodes. ENOUGH!!
One more thing...Oprah has filmed a "Next Chapter" episode on Scandal. Not sure when it airs, but the cast was tweeting photos from her visit on the set.
- I love this show!!
Every contrived minute of it!!
It's not going to challenge my intellect but boy am I entertained.
However where's the POTUS??
- Quinn and Harrison
- When's Harrison gonna get some nude scenes? Man is HAWT!
- Quinn scenes
- I get a little tired of Kerry Washington always looking so... deeply pained.
And that whole show requires a suspension of belief on par with encounters with Dr. Marlena Evans.
Even so, I am entertained. The twists are interesting.
- [quote]I get a little tired of Kerry Washington always looking so... deeply pained.
She needs more roughage.
- I wish Abby would cut her hair.
- I didn't like last Thursday's episode. It was too out there for me. I need for them to get deeper into the larger "scandal" about the corruption between all those people.
- I love that an election was apparently stolen by the cabal and handed to a seemingly decent Republican candidate over the shady Democrat. No one is truly innocent. If Grant weren't so charming and decent Ralston so conniving and corrupt people would scream it was a ripoff of Bush and Gore. I think that's why writers have made Grant a decent guy and Ralston a snake. Point of having shady people from both parties is to show that most politicians are corrupt. Fitz and Olivia's ex-boyfriend seem like the most (only?) decent ones.
I wish more Republicans were like Fitz. Last season I loved how Cyrus kept going on about how the Tea Party clowns make moderates look bad. Last week same theme was brought back up when he criticized Hollis Doyle. I wonder if Republican politicians say similar things behind the scenes in "real life." I know it's very soap opera, but these things make me wonder. Although I'm an avowed socialist and progressive I'd like to think that some decent Republican politicians exist.
- Who is posting Quinn scenes? I'm so over her! Cyrus or Mellie have the best scenes...at least post those.
- Promo for next week's episode.
- R134/145, that's the promo for the Nov. 29th episode.
"Scandal" is pre-empted this week due to Thanksgiving.
- If Shonda does not keep the love between Fitz and Olivia until this show goes to its grave, I swear I will sue ABC and Shonda. Although I like all the characters, but Fitz and Olivia are the heart of the show and they are like a good drug for me. I always see an Olitz clip from youtube before I go to bed EVERY NIGHT. I'm serious!
- I love Tony Goldwyn in this show. he really makes me believe that there is true love (I lost the truck of true love for awhile). Same here, if they kill his character, I won't see this show anymore. I turned so many people into this show and they all love him. Gosh he is so sexy, manlyman and romantic...GO FITZ AND OLIVIA. and that senator has to go way IMMEDIATELY (I don't even want to mention his name). I don't feel their chemistry and I don't even care.
- Same here - fan of Olivia and Fitz. I dont like here new love interest (senator thing). the other thing I don't like about her is her BOSSY behaviour towards Fitz. I think it is getting boring and I start to hate her. I want to see her showing Fitz love and respecting him. her character starts to sound too spoiled and I don't like it.
- This is a terrible, terrible show. Shonda Rhimes fancies herself Aaron Sorkin, but writes like a ten year old. It's amazing to me she hasn't been driven out of television.
- R15 Okay! You should have seen her on Bill Maher a few weeks ago...it was cringe worthy.
- [R147] The youtube clips are like crack! One hit and you're hooked.
I've overdosed and I don't care. Gimme more!!
[R148] The senator should have been Idris Elba. Heavenly triangle. Dangerous threesome.
.......and why can't people just REElax and understand that Sorkin does what he does well, as does Rhimes?
Some can appreciate both without feeling outraged by the varying pitch.
- Katie Lowes (Quinn) talking about the show.
- Cast talking about the fast talking in Scandal.
- R152 - I see what you're saying, but this is a rather Sorkinesque premise, and the show has Josh Malina in it. Comparisons are going to be made.
- Just waiting for episode 8. That's all I want to see. Liv and Fitz going at it again. HOT HOT HOT!!!
- ^ Episode 8 is gonna be the shit! More Olitz(fitz & olivia)SEX!! I don't care if it's a flashback.
- If Tony Goldwyn's president is shot in the next ep I really will never watch this again. Pregnant First Lady Shot Dead is a much better idea.
- Tony told Fitz and Olivia fans to have patience. Shonda Rhimes isn't stupid. She knows why people watch. Here's a link to Tony's sexy ass on The Talk earlier this week.
- People please, lets be realistic! I adore Kerry, she's a feisty little half pint. I thought her acting and character in "Dead Girl" was excellent, you really get to see her act, without seeing Kerry, if that makes sense. Her accent was amazing.
Scandal actually makes me cringe time after time after time and to be totally honest, the only reason I watch it, is solely because of the humour and wit value, plus Kerry is hot, I'm not watching her for her skills because their definitely void in this series.
Every time she displays her "formidable power" she reminds me of a little child having a tantrum, and why do they have to make her walk like that every time she's on the mobile giving orders? Cringgate. (New word) It looks odd because she's short.
Sexiest walk on the planet, but when it turns into that strut with the weave bouncing all over the place... Not feeling it.
Now imagine that part being played by Angela Basset, you automatically get the sense of a woman of power. Kerry I love ya, but not in this. Like what others are saying, shouting off your words ain't working for ya, and its not believable. In that gangster scene, they so would have shot you.
I see far too much of the every day Kerry in this, she sounds the same in her interviews as she does on set, and that doesn't work for me, sorry. I do love the wit and sarcasm though. I like American humour when their not trying to be funny. Guess I'm a dry humour kind of girl.
Shame, her talents are definitely lost on this show.
- Check out these AMAZING images from episode 8 "Happy Birthday Mr. President". I can't wait for this episode - it airs Dec 6th.
- I enjoy the show, but it has touches of Grey's Anatomy cliches that drive me crazy.
Someone actually started a rant with the words, "You don't get to . . . " UGH.
The other weakness for me is Kerry Washington's acting. As in: She does too much of it.
Washington speaks every fucking line with the same spittle-spray of strident urgency.
- The promo is up for episode 8 "Happy Birthday, Mr. President". Don't watch if you haven't seen episode 7 - MAJOR SPOILER!!!!
- Gladiators, what did you think of last night's episode? The ending was CRAZY! Who do you think is the culprit? My guess is either Hollis or maybe the governor who ran against Fitz in the general election.
- I don't think Mellie's behind it. It was just a case of female intuition. Someone hired Charlie to hurt, but not kill Fitz. This incident will guarantee his re-election.
Lots of Liv/Fitz action next week!
Can't wait for Edison to be kicked to the curb.
- Like the show for the most part, but the pace of the dialogue is so frustrating! They can convey urgency, etc without talking so fast. I have to use cc and even then have to rewind. Slow down!! I'm about ready to stop watching.
- Gladiators!! Tomorrow it is on! Liv and Fitz going at it in the Oval office...HOT FUCKING DAMN!!! Is it Thursday, yet?
- did you see the show earlier ?
oh boy, why on earth did Huck shoot the president ?
- Ok,Who did it?
- What an amazing, crazy fucking episode!! This show is on fire! There must be reason Huck is caught up in this mess. Yes, I know he's an assassin, but why would he kill the President? Who is he working for other than Pope and Associates? There is definitely more to this story, I can't wait for it to play out.
Also, I'm loving the Oval office scene bwt Fitz and Liv. How can two actors have SO MUCH sexual chemistry on screen? It's just too much, but I love it!!
- Is Huck a Machurian candidate?
- I feel sorry for Tony Goldwyn's wife. That's more than just acting.
- R172, And he has 2 grown daughters...I would be so embarrassed. The man has been acting for over 20+ years. He's done love scenes in movies and tv, so the wife has seen it all. BUT this chemistry is on another level, it's way too real! I'm not accusing Tony and Kerry of doing anything off camera, but you can't fake that kind of chemistry.
Oh, by the way, Scandal posted it's HIGHEST ratings to date!! Good news!
- NO!!! I love Huck!
- The Tony/Kerry stuff I don't think is that far off base. She is a known snow queen.
- Kerry Washington is like Barack Obama: they are only black in the eyes of white people, black people know the truth: neither one of them were raised immersed in black culture.
Everything about Kerry Washington is very white -body language, accent, attitude except for her skin color.
- Tony is definitely Kerry's type and he's admitted to having a crush on her. Calling her stunningly beautiful.... Kissing her in interviews too. Kerry is a lot more guarded. She shies away from talking about their chemistry. Even brought up the fact that she's met his wife and daughters. Only time will tell.
- I think Huck decided he needed to protect Olivia based on the fact that Quinn was deep into investigating what really happened to her after the explosion. If Quinn uncovers what happened and talks about it, it rocks the Presidency.
I think Huck was really aiming at Hollis Doyle since it is Hollis that was the architect of the voting fraud that got Fita the Presidency. Hollis was shot along with Fitz and the press Secretary.
I think Huck also hit Fitz on purpose to take him out but not kill him since he shouldn't really have the Presidency anyway. He basically clears the slate and this helps protect Olivia and it turns focus to the shootings and hopefully away from any investigating on that explosion and any suspicions about voting fraud.
I love Huck and will miss him if he is not at OPA.
- R176-Kerry Washington is a Bronx girl. WTF are you talking about?
- [quote]Kerry Washington is like Barack Obama: they are only black in the eyes of white people, black people know the truth: neither one of them were raised immersed in black culture.
That explains her horrible imitation of a sistah from around the way in "Save The Last Dance".
- Tony had great chemistry with another black actress, Lynn Whitfield, in "Taking The Heat". Maybe he likes a little coffee with his cream...
- "I feel a little Sally Hemings/
Thomas Jefferson about all this."
- R183 - what? Because she's black and he's white? That's silly. Hemmings was Jefferson's slave. Olivia was Fitz's employee. Moreover, very little is made about them being of different "races".
- R184 I think R183 was referring to the Heming/Jefferson dialogue on Thursday night's episode.
[quote]Kerry Washington is a Bronx girl.
She's Kerry From The Block!
- R175, So what if she's dated white men - that doesn't mean she's fucking Tony. I'm giving both the benefit of the doubt.
Ok, I must respond to R176...What a load of bullshit! Kerry is a Bronx native. Also, Kerry is an educated woman -she is very aware of her skin color and her culture. She's not black enough cause she didn't grow up in the "hood". That's why black people can NEVER go forward. You have such a narrow view of black people - what they sound like, how they conduct themselves. Your comment is just sad...
R176, Please watch this video and see Kerry slay this white man to pieces on the argument of affirmative action. Kerry is a very smart woman. She understands her black culture and she's NOT afraid to speak on it.
- If I wanted to completely derail this thread into Kerry's "authenticity" I would have to ask r176 to define his or her presumably very narrow idea of what "black culture" is, but since I don't I won't.
Black people LOVE Kerry Washington. She really does speak to that type of buppie black girl that is very much well represented out in the world but that you don't see much of in tv or movies. Not every black girl is a Precious or a VH1 stereotype.
And whites love her because she's obviously gorgeous, castable, fuckable, TALENTED, and highly intelligent. She has mass appeal that is very rarely found in a black actress. Last time that came around was Halle Berry.
I'm not trying to pit these actresses against one another but I remember when everyone thought the next big black actress star was gonna be Gabby Union or Zoe Saldana. Can't be Gabby because the talent simply isn't there. Won't be Zoe because she makes shitty choices.
Scandal has completely reinvented Kerry's career and its so funny because doing TV was a real risk, but in these days you really can do both.
- I'm so happy the ratings are up. Looking good for a season 3.
- This storyline is useless without Presidential bedbaths.
- Just a heads up, Tony G. will be on Live with Kelly and Michael this morning. A little eye candy for Scandal fans.
- So no one has anything to say about the latest installment of Sally Hemmings/Thomas Jefferson 2012?
- R191, Fuck off! Shonda put that bullshit to rest in the "Happy Birthday, Mr President" episode.
- Gladiators!!! Rejoice!!! It's a new year and Scandal is back with Episode 10 "One for the Dog". A fantastic episode last night...Poor Huck getting the "Zero Dark Thirty" waterboard treatment. My fav character was Sally "President Place Holder" Langston - she is a vicious, underhanded and not to be messed with.
More fantastic news! Scandal posted it's HIGHEST RATINGS since it's debut - 8.4 million viewers and won the young demo over CBS. It's just getting better and better.
- Everyone seems to be watching it. The ratings have exploded.
- I'm so happy that this show is getting its' due, EW is FINALLY recapping the show! Also recapping, is Wall St. Journal and Vulture. Every week the show gets more intense...Shonda is bringing the heat!
Here's next week promo for "A Criminal, a Whore, an Idiot and a Liar"
- R195 With that title, it must feature special guest star Anne Hathaway as herself.
- Does it get less frenetic? I barely made it through the pilot because the rapid-fire dialogue was off putting. After watching part of the second episode, I just feel worn out. I still love Henry Ian Cusick, but I'm not sure this is worth the effort.
- R197, You mean Scandal pace? Shonda wants this show's dialogue spoken fast or at Scandal pace. So, no is the answer to your question. You do get use to it and you can always DVR the episodes.
There's always Big Bang Theory...
- Have they revealed who was behind the attempt on the President's life?
- I've never seen this show but I'm not surprised its ratings are blowing up. Kerry Washington is really beautiful and compelling in her minor role in Django Unchained; she has almost nothing to do in that movie but when you're watching it you keep waiting for her to get a spotlight scene that never comes.
- R199, Yes, it was revealed in this week's episode. Hollis Doyle, the oil tycoon, was behind the assassination attempt on Fitz. Fitz doesn't want to back the US oil pipeline, so Hollis tried to get rid of him. The VP Sally Langston is doing Hollis' bidding and that's what he wanted all along.
- An interesting NY Times article on Scandal.
- [quote]For Dr. Brittney Cooper, co-founder of Crunk Feminist Collective
Please tell me this is a joke.
- Grow up 203
- Another great episode. The storyline stays fresh, and even when you know something's going to happen, when it actually happens it's still shocking. There were a couple of great "Oh shit" moments tonight. Why was this show not nominated for any major awards recently? No "Best Actress in a Drama" at the Golden Globes or anything. A shame.
- Barry Bostwick is only fifteen years older than Tony Goldwyn and both actors look their age. So I had a hard time buying the former as the latter's father.
Does anyone know if Norm Lewis is gay? He's definitely HOT in this series!
- Tony Goldwyn needs to slam fuck me repeatedly. YUM
- I don't know where this show goes. How do you resolve what's going on? I know every show jumps the shark but this one seems to be racing toward it. How do you resolve or build on all this? Good TV while it lasts, though.
- Gladiators!! What an amazing episode last night! Mellie is crazy as hell! This bitch induced early labor to get her husband by her side and AWAY from Olivia! Who the fuck shot Fitz? If it wasn't Hollis, then who? Next week's episode is going to be explosive...Fitz will get some devastating news. Olivia will feel the wrath of Fitz!
More fantastic news...the ratings are going through the roof for ABC. The Scandal reign just won't let up. Every week the ratings keep getting better and better. ABC is giving the show a 3rd season and ABC better promote the hell out of this show.
- Scandal 2x13 Promo "Nobody Likes Babies" for next week's episode on Feb 7th.
- Kerry and Tony promoting Scandal on The View this week.
- I am totally addicted to Scandal. It's so much better than Grey's Anatomy.
Love the characters, love the actors, love the breathtaking plot twists.
It's "must-see" TV for me.
- Kerry won 3 NAACP awards last night. She looked fabulous in her Oscar de la Renta gown. The best part was Tony G. presenting one of the awards. It was a good night to be a Scandal fan...
- Tony and Kerry together back stage...
- Tony giving Kerry her award...that hug says it all! and there was a kiss too!
- Scandal cast and Shonda taking pixs backstage. Scandal won best drama!
- Last but not least...
- It's a good show. It will be amazing if they can keep it up. I'm betting that they are shooting all their load now like a lot of one hours have been doing in the last 6 or 7 years. None of the networks are giving shows time to gel so all the show runners come out hard and fast burning out all the good story ideas in the first season.
- I'm not a fan of her character, but Katie Lowes is beautiful.
- The color on the lower part of that dress is interesting. Not something you'd see every day on the red carpet, but she makes it work.
- R219, Bellamy Young plays Mellie. That's who you linked to. Katie Lowes plays Quinn/Lindsey.
- What I like about Kerry's style is she will make interesting choices and does not play it safe. This is one of my fav's from the "Django Unchained" red carpet in London. She's wearing Giles’ spring/summer 2013 collection.
- So Hollis didn't put the hits on Cytron and Fitz. And it was the same person who paid Jesse for both.
Who the hell else could it be?
Mellie or Cyrus - sure could believe it was them on Cytron, but certainly not on Fitz; that makes no sense.
Langston - can believe it was her on Fitz, but on Cytron? That makes no sense either.
Which leaves..... but wait...... but wait.....
Jesse was a complete pro and yet she missed. Maybe that was the plan all along, a deliberate failed assassination attempt on Fitz.
Which means it could be Cyrus.
Except that doesn't make sense either, because they would have made sure Fitz wasn't so critically wounded. Unless Jesse fucked up by so critically wounding Fitz, but that's even more contrived.
The good news is that Olivia is finally beginning to acknowledge what a complete evil shit she and Cyrus and the gang have been the entire time, an epiphany which the show truly needed.
- Gladiators!! It's Scandal Thursday!! Get ready for tonight's episode. Check out this preview!!!
- A fantastic interview with Tony Goldwyn last night on Tavis Smiley. Check it out! Tony is FUCKING SEXY!!
- Scandal TIME!!!!
- OHHHHHH!! MYYYYYYYY!! GODDDDDDDDD! What just happend on Scandal? WHAT THE FUCK!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!
- OK, so I came in a few minutes late and am having trouble getting this.
So it was Verna, who tried to have Fitz killed, because she felt it was wrong for his unelected presidency to go on and she had nothing to lose - but, of course, if Becky had been successful then Sally would have then become president and, of course, that would also be an unelected v.p. succeeding Fitz, but that didn't seem to bother her?
Is that it? And, somehow they figured out that it was Cyrus who did the Cytron hit? Or is that still not clear?
I really love this show having gotten over - in fact embraced - the challenge that every single one of these people - with the possible exception of David Rosen and Edison - including Olivia and after tonight - even including Fitz and James- is an asshole of epic proportions.
- Holy cow on a crutch! Everybody fucked everybody. No one can be trusted.
And the thing is - is not so far fetched. It's how Washington works.
- Why is Fitz now embracing Mellie, saying "It's you and me now"? Did Verna not tell him Mellie was in on it? What am I missing?
- [R231], He's playing her like a fiddle, that's why.
Btw- just stumbled upon this site, first time poster. You guys are fab!
- I haven't watched the episode yet. That said, why the hell would Verna, "a godless liberal and baby killer who smokes pot" (in the paraphrased words of Sally Langston) want to put a Tea Party loon like Langston in charge by having moderate, sane Republican Fitz murdered?! Huh?! That makes no sense. Maybe it'll make more sense after I watch.
- Maybe they have something on Sally that would force her to resign, or maybe they were going to put a hit on her, too?
- Fucking stupid episode. Shoot him. No don't shoot him. No, wait. Shoot him. No. WAIT. Don't shoot him. Yeah you can order up a hit like take out. On your husband no less.
The only way the whole Mellie reconciliation makes sense is if he is setting her up for later cause he mentioned her name first when asking Verna about who was involved.
So this good guy with no backbone suddenly has the stones to kill someone in cold blood? Yeah, right.
Fucking stupidest thing I've ever seen and that's in an episode where just about everything was ridiculous. There was so much story in this episode that she could have artfully played until the summer hiatus. She blew her wad. Shark jumped.
One way she could redeem this mess is if she plays out how Fitz slowly and cleverly gets revenge on each one of them. Cyrus, Mellie, Hollis, Olivia and even Verna. It would be fun to watch him act like he has some balls and to witness him becoming his own man. Definitely make him a sexier character.
- That's exactly what I think is going to happen R235. Fitz is going to screw them all over.
- Fitz murdering Verna fits in with the "power corrupts" subtext running throughout the show. He found out the one person he adored (Olivia) was just as corrupt as everyone else and most likely remembered how his father said he'd never win the presidency on his own. I read Verna's murder as FItz taking his anger at Olivia and his father out on her. Ruthless? Yes.
I thought Tony did a great job of showing the death of the idealistic charmer and birth of the cynical opportunist. Did you see how his eyes and face changed? Don't all politicians go through this? How many start out wanting to save the world and become corrupted by power and their own ego? Verna's death was a metaphor for this. She died at the hands of a formerly honest, decent man who realized how corrupt and soulless Washington is and didn't want to give up his power. She died because she was trying to do the right thing. It's kind of a reverse trajectory of the honest politician being corrupted by power. Thus, Fitz killing Verna didn't seem like a jumping the shark moment. He'll end up being worse than Sally Langston. Mark my words.
We can look at other examples of the theme: the corrupting of formerly idealistic, honest people. For example, Reston became disillusioned after he was cheated out of the presidency and engineered the murder of his wife's lover and her downfall to garner political capital. Verna has already been mentioned. Olivia is an example. Don't be surprised if we see similar themes carried out with Mellie and Cyrus. Maybe David will go down a similar path. Washington is a dirty place, and it seems that Shonda is committed to showing just how far people will go to attain and retain power. This is just my take.
- People are going ape shit over what Fitz did in last night's episode. Fitz is officially on the dark side...you better get use to it! All of these characters are flawed in some way (some more than others). The show is crazy, but that's what I like about it. I will be watching, that's for sure!!
- R237, Fitz also killed Verna to protect the love of his life. Verna was ready to tell everything to David Rosen. Fitz couldn't let that happen, he's protecting himself and his position, but most of all he's protecting Olivia.
Remember, next week's episode jumps 10 months ahead....we'll see the how everyone is dealing with the fallout from Defiance.
- I find the show disingenuous because everyone has dirty hands but Olivia in particular tries to act like she has a moral compass when she is a ruthless and conniving bee to the nth degree. She should own her cuntiness and stop acting so conflicted, it comes across as fake.
Oh and I hate that young woman on her staff that was kidnapped and whatnot, she is so annoying.
Overall the acting is good, especially the First Lady. She really pulls of the fresh faced ruthless ambition with ease.
- Kerry Washington needs to work on her facial expressions. She has one look on her face (wide eyed as if she's about to cry) for every situation. I find her acting to be one of the weak links on the show.
The promo for next week shows Fitz pulling Olivia into a closet or something; followed by her looking upset walking down the hall. Some people are speculating that he might rape her. However I doubt that Shonda is that stupid. The show would be over--people would flip the eff out.
- R240, No one is all good on Scandal - that includes Olivia. As this season has progressed Olivia's white hat began to get more and more dirty. In the next story arc Olivia is going to try to seek some redemption from the election rigging fiasco.
R241, There IS NO RAPE on episode 14-let's get that straight! It looks like there will be a HOT SEX SCENE between Olivia and Fitz that takes place in a closet at the White House. Also, it will be in the PRESENT DAY and NOT a flashback. So far, we haven't seen these two go at it in present day - I'm looking forward to this scene. Again, it could all be just a tease like TREEGATE and nothing happens.
- R241 Let's hope Shonda has learned about how far down you fall, and how much it hurts when you land, when you climb the heights of ridiculousness the way she did with the Izzy/Denny -- Dizzy? I stopped watching -- storyline.
- [quote]Oh and I hate that young woman on her staff that was kidnapped and whatnot, she is so annoying
Me too! Cannot stand that drip. Wish they'd kill her off.
- [quote]No one is all good on Scandal
I don't think we've seen any bad behavior from David Rosen.
- R235 this episode was originally written as the season finale, because they hadn't been picked up for a full season yet. Like R239 said, the next episode jumps 10 months ahead.
Why would you prefer them to drag it out until summer with stupid filler plotlines like every other crappy network drama? I'd rather they keep up the pace and go out fast and hard than slump along for years to dwindling ratings with no plot save for every character dating everyone else.
- R245, Your right! David is probably the only character on Scandal that is morally upstanding, he can hold his white hat up high. In next week's episode, David is central to the storyline where he's framed for murder. Guess who he needs to turn to for help? OPA!!! Should be interesting between Olivia and David.
- This show is fucked up in the most awesome way... just saw Thursday's episode. I can't wait til it jumps the shark because by that time it will be totally batshit crazy. It's batshit crazy now. I love it. Talk about pulling rabbits out of hats.
- "I can't become a fugitive. I have asthma. I need five-star hotels and room service."
I love Jarus, but if poor James only knew...
- R249, You mean Cyrus.
James knows how crazy Cyrus is, BUT he doesn't know he's a murder. Or how close James came to dying by the hands of his husband. I mean Cyrus almost had James killed in BROAD DAYLIGHT. How batshit crazy is that? However, I love this couple! I think they are amazing! Jeff Perry who plays Cyrus deserves an Emmy for the naked bedroom monologue.
- That nude scene was oddly hot.
- Really like the show. BUT cannot stand Kerry Washington's OVERacting. It drives me absolutely nuts! She over does it in every scene. Wish I could stop watching, but it's like a train wreck...hard to look away
- This show reminds me of Twin Peaks in a way, in that people are really talking about it and it's got crazy town momentum. It's all got to implode because it's such a breakneck speed and eventually its got to jump the shark just trying to top the week before. But dammit, it's a hell of a sensation. Enjoy it while it lasts...
- Tony and Kerry had a TV Guide photo shoot yesterday. This is most likely for a cover photo. ABC is promoting the HELL out of this show, why? Because the ratings/demos are going through the roof every week.
The numbers don't lie!!
Also, Kerry via Twitter said they shot a Scandal promo last week for the Oscar telecast. She didn't say it out right, but she gave a clue in her tweet.
- The current issue of Entertainment Weekly (Star Trek cover) has an interesting Mark Harris article about SCANDAL and how it pushes boundaries further than other network dramas.
- r246 there is an interview with Shonda online where she says that there are five episodes jammed into this last one and that she went for that approach in service of the breakneck speed that established from the beginning.
It's too bad you assume that using that material as separate episodes would be boring and useless and just dragged out. If you watch a show like Breaking Bad or any other well written show you'd understand that sometimes playing out plot and character can make for riveting television and by doing that you unearth even more plot and more character to be mined in the future. Breakneck speed is great but it is not really good television or smart plotting if it ultimately derails the train.
- The networks should be taking notes from this show. It has a HUGE following, and whether people want to believe it or not, a huge reason for its success is because of its large African American fan base. People like seeing other people who look like them onscreen. Put more minorities (ALL minorities) onscreen and people will watch. People wonder why Tyler Perry's movies are so successful even though they suck for the most part--black people support their own.
- No, R250, I meant what I typed: James + Cyrus = Jayrus.
- This show is a trip. I can't believe Fitz killed Verna.
- R257, The show was getting 10,000 tweets PER minute for last Thursday's show. The fan base is huge and they are all over social media. The cast is live tweeting with their fans WHILE the show is airing. How many shows on air are doing that? This is one of the main reasons why this show is posting huge demo numbers.
- Scandal fans!! Happy Thursday! We have a HOT, HOT episode tonight! I'm at work and I'm going crazy! Also, it's hard since I'm six hours ahead in Europe. I'll be watching live 4am Friday morning...so excited!!
- Yaaaay!!! It's Thursday.
- This crazy show never fails to disappoint week over week.
And by any chance was that the first beyond implied blow job on network television?
- Her mouth is seriously distracting. And not in a good way. Also, her acting ability is limited to two facial expressions, as was previously noted in another post. I like the show but it does have it's problems.
- R264 A "seriously distracting" mouth, eh? That takes pickiness to a level I did not know I yet to perceive. A "seriously distracting" mouth. I'm going to be quoting you for some time.
- R264, You got a problem with FULL LIPS, racist much?
Well, this episode was steamy with a capital S. I like how the show is pushing the censor boundaries. I would've thought I was watching a cable show. I feel bad for David Rosen, his life is in the shitter! The Scott Foley character is a creepy. Olivia better wake up and get her gut check in order. Mellie giving blow jobs? I never thought I see the day...you know she's desperate!
- Why is Scott Foley's character spying on Olivia?
- When Fitz was "raping" Olivia in that church electronics room, was anyone else expecting to find out the entire event was being broadcast to the rest of the church?
Also, how does the president get away from the Secret Service long enough to do what he did?
- R267, That is the million dollar question. He's an intelligence officer, most likely given orders by someone in the WH to spy on OPA. He has cameras in her home and office. He could have bugged her phone when he bumped into her at the coffee shop.
- Are you joking R268? Olivia pretty much ripped his clothes off after she slapped him. There was NO RAPE! Just hot angry sex...if can't tell the difference then you have a problem.
Also, your worried about SS (Tom and Hal) keeping eyes on Fitz? He gives them orders if he needs them to scram AND it was a private event at the WH.
- R270 Do you understand the function of quotation marks?
- Yes, I do. It wasn't necessary for you to go there, that's all. Just sick of certain people on Scandal blogs/Tumblr bringing up the topic.
- R256 I do watch Breaking Bad. And Mad Men, The Wire, Homeland, etc. I'm familiar with good TV writing. Scandal is not on that level, and I don't think Shonda Rhimes is capable of, or even hopes to achieve that. Shows with writing like Breaking Bad could never live on network TV, where ratings, mass appeal, and instant gratification are more important than subtle plot development.
- Is Shonda basing this show in actual events that occurred in the Bush White House,specifically Condi and GWB? Republican president' elected 'under questionable circumstances,Condi's very close relationship with the president-I believe she even referred to him as ' my husband ' at one time-it all seems to point in that direction. Plus the gay/closeted press secretary -perhaps based on Ari Fleischer? Hmmmm....,
- Why do fans call themselves Gladiators?
- R275 It's what Olivia calls her associates. It kind of got borrowed to describe Scandal's viewers as well.
- No, R274. The show is based on Judy Smith who worked in 1st Bush White House. She was his deputy press secretary. She then opened her own firm, worked on the Lewinsky case and many other high profile cases.
- If Olivia is not suspicious of this guy after running into him at a coffee shop then it just so happens that his number was on that dead girls phone which leads her to him again, she does not deserve the company she takes such pride in. I am hoping the smile she gave at the end of that phone call had another meaning other than that she was glad she made a date with him.
Anyone think Fitz has anything to do with the spying?
- R278, Fitz has spied on Olivia before, but I don't think it's Fitz this time around. It could be Mellie or someone who had dealings with OPA. It's just a strange storyline...
I completely agree with you that Olivia is completely off her game. Her office/home should be swept for bugs and cameras regularly. She should've been suspicious during that meeting in Jake's office. Olivia needs to get it together and get over Defiance and Fitz. Hopefully Huck will get involved and go HAM on Jake.
- Fitz is probably going to come to Olivia's rescue from that spy guy. I don't think Fitz and Olivia are capable of getting over each other, it's not going to happen. I loved that scene where Fitz was following the pissed off Olivia down the White House hallway - perfect song for it too.
- R280, That song was Stevie Wonder's "I Don't Know Why".
- YES, YES, YES!!!!! Kerry is presenting at the Oscar's. I fucking called it in the DL Oscar thread!!!! I'm so happy for her!!
- R281, I know, it's actually one of my favorites by Stevie Wonder - it fit so well during that scene.
- I tried watching Scandal when it premiered and couldn't get into it. Skimming this thread, it seems to have improved? At what point did it get better, and do I need to go back to Season 1, or is there some turning point where it makes sense to jump in?
- R284, I suggest to start this season and follow the Defiance storyline...I think once they began to get away from the case of the week and focused on the White House, then the show found its' legs.
- Thanks! I was hoping I could skip season 1.
- "I find the show disingenuous because everyone has dirty hands but Olivia in particular tries to act like she has a moral compass when she is a ruthless and conniving bee to the nth degree. She should own her cuntiness and stop acting so conflicted, it comes across as fake."
I used to agree with you. But now I think the show's genius is that everyone on it - with the possible exception of David Rosen, so far - is an evil cunt. And that includes Olivia. Yes, she presents herself as a much more morally upright person than she actually is. But often isn't that exactly how people whom we later find out to have done dastardly things seem to us before they become the subjects of scandal.
Scandal is about scandalous behavior by people who might impress us as much better than they are while it is going on. It's often brilliant, always disarming, and completely jarring. Like a Sopranos set in Washington.
And Olivia is a huge fucking hypocrite. And does some truly evil things.
That doesn't make it disingenuous. It just makes it very novel.
- R284, One more thing...there is one episode you MUST watch from season 1 - "The Trail" episode 6. This is the foundation of the show and it will help understand the main characters Olivia and Fitz's relationship. Also, how Fitz became President and how Olivia was hired for Fitz's campaign. This is ESSENTIAL information for season 2's Defiance storyline.
- Time for someone in this thread to stick up for Kerry Washington.
I love what she does with the role. Period.
- I'm with you R289 - she is remarkable as Olivia Pope, she hits all the right notes and ought to be nominated for an Emmy.
- Downton has my hear, but Scandal touches me in other places.
- Well, I guess I was completely wrong about Fitz spying on Olivia...Fitz has his Navy buddy Jake spying on Olivia AND it looks like Jake is falling for Liv. This triangle could get very interesting. Fitz is going to go ballistic when he finds out the truth.
Love this show...
- Fitz spying on Olivia is all kinds of creepy. Ick!
I cracked up when people kept mentioning Huck's b.o. Poor Huck.
- r288 r289 r290 I love Kerry, and the show, too.
- R293 I'm surprised no one figured out why Huck is avoiding taking showers.
- R295, Quinn figured it out it was PTSD from the torture sessions and tried to talk to Huck, but he wasn't having it. Quinn is starting to see Huck much clearly. I'm shocked Olivia didn't try to talk to Huck about what's going on with him. Again, Olivia usually notices these things, but again her radar is way off.
- I apologize for my grammar mistakes...posted too quickly.
- Thanks R296. That must've been when I was out of the room, the Quinn/Huck scene.
- Quinn/Huck is interesting.
- I don't want to go through the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned Huck's nude photoshoot in some fetish-y gay magazine?
- Scandal 2x16 Promo "Top of the Hour" (HD) ft. Lisa Edelstein
- I love this effing show!!! And her outfits are amazing!!!
- We have to wait THREE WEEKS for a new episode!! Not sure if I'll be able to make it. I'll watch my fav episodes from season 1 and 2 to get me through the next few weeks.
- Did anynone read Mark Harris (he's Tony Kushner's hubbie, right?)'s review of "Scandal" in a recent EW? He f---ing RAVES about it! I've never seen it but might start watching just based on the review. And Kerry Washington is stunning!
- I don't know who he's married to, R304, but I do enjoy his kvelling over Scandal.
- It's become more more ridiculous every week, and, consequently, better and better.
It's like Melrose Place in D.C.
- R303 Yeah, I kind of figured there were not going to be any new shows for a while, since they didn't say "all new next Thursday" during the previews of the next episode.
- Except I hated Melrose Place, and I love Scandal.
- I've never watched any of Shonda's other shows, but I'm hooked on Scandal.
- R309, that's me as well. I've never watched any of Shonda's shows. I saw the advertisement last spring for Scandal. I saw Kerry was in the show and decided to give it a try. I was hooked from the 1st episode.
R307, ABC will show reruns for the next few weeks. R301, has linked the promo for 2x16.
- It's on tonight in the east. First of three weeks in the television desert between sweeps and madness.
- R311 should read "It's on at 9 tonight in the east." (As opposed to the usual 10.)
- Is tonight a repeat or the last new episode for three weeks?
- There are no new episodes until March 21, AFAIK.
- Here is a very cool slideshow. Vulture put together every outfit Olivia Pope has worn this season. Check it out! Kerry needs a Vogue cover!!
- Signed up with Hulu just to watch previous episodes of this show. I am addicted!
- You can see the first year episodes via Netflix streaming.
- Welcome aboard!, R316. New Scandal episode two weeks and counting...can't wait!!
- Kerry Washington is one of those odd actors who will do an AMAZING scene and then overact like she's in community theater.
- When the fuck are they coming with a new episode? I am sick and tired of the repeats!!!!! WTF?! Did someone lose the videocassettes?
- Finally, on March 21, 2013, new Kerry/Olivia.
- Kerry and Tony will be on the cover of this week's TV Guide. I've seen the bootleg copy on the Scandal blogs. They look great!
- There's still TV Guide? Where do I get it?
- Scandal TV Guide issue on stands this Thursday!!! Photos and interview. Also, Tony tweeted today that there will be behind the scenes video of the photo shoot on Entertainment Tonight this evening.
- Thanks, R324. Her mother must be so proud of her.
- Kerry looks REALLY hot in that picture!
- Here are few behind the scenes from the TV Guide photo shoot. Give your honest opinion about these photos...what's your gut telling you?
- Another one...
- Last one...Oh! and there is a video so you can all these images in action.
- He knocked her up, R327. Maybe IRL.
- Back on tonight ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Are you implying that Kerry and Goldwyn are having an affair in real life, r327? I thought Kerry was family.
- I was merely reacting to the picture, R332. The poster asked for interpretations, and that was mine. I think they are the hottest couple on TV, so hot, it occurred to me they may run lines with each other in their off hours.
I did not know Kerry was a lesbian. I have no idea about that, really.
- Without her nosejob she would not have a career. Kerry that is.
- Kerry's no lesbo. She IS into white guys, though, and Tony has been known to have great chemistry with African American females in past roles (see "Taking the Heat" in which he co-starred with Lynn Whitfield), so that's likely a big reason why their chemistry is so off-the-charts.
- R332, Kerry is not family. She has a long track record of dating older white men with exception of her ex- fiance David Moscow. Now, she NEVER talks about her private life...EVER!
- r334 Why do you think so??
- The guy in r336's link looks like the kid in Big all grown up. Him no pretty.
- We need to bump this thread since a troll began a useless, racist Scandal thread.
- Tony is directing Scandal episode 20-filming began this week. The script is supposed to amazing according to the casts' Twitter feed. I can't wait for the episode to air. Tony G. is so sexy!!
- Those TV Guide pics make them look like they're REALLY together as a couple, that's some amazing chemistry and great acting. I hope...
- R341, I hope so too, but if you have seen Tony's wife in real life then I wouldn't blame him for falling for Kerry. I think there is way too much chemistry for them not to have fallen in love.
Also, a major thing happening next month is Tony will be receiving a special award for the work he's done for the Innocence project in NYC. Guess who will be giving the honorary speech to Mr. Goldwyn that night? That's right Ms. Washington herself. Let's wait and see if his wife shows up to this huge event honoring her husband.
Time will tell...
- Is Scott Foley going to be around for awhile?
- R343, let's hope not. He does nothing for me. His character is creepy.
- R339 This is *the* thread, BG.
- This show looks like idiotic trash, a racist soap opera.
- R346 Obviously you failed to watch before posting, moron.
- Wow R342, maybe I'm reading too much into Tony & Kerry's chemistry, but something DOES seem up with them. That honorary speech will be interesting.
- Can't wait until 10. I wish NBC would program Hugh Dancy's show at another time.
- New episode on in 45 minutes...
- And it just gets better. Loved Mellie tonight.
- They need to stop photographing Scott Foley in profile. He's got a huge honker.
- Huck and Lindsay are so cute. I hope the show doesn't fuck them up.
I really don't get what the show is supposed to be accomplishing with Scott Foley.
- R353 Jake (Scott Foley) is, or can be, Olivia's way back to Fitz. She's the one who got the info to Fitz, through Jake, that saved the people in the bunker last week, though neither of them seems to know it.
I'm not as clear about the business with Osborn. Was that Senator Edison Davis on the bench talking to Jake in the last scene?
- R354, I don't think it was Edison, but I don't know who it was. Have we seen him before?
- I will have to watch that part again, R355. I know the actor is someone I've seen recently on some show, but because he was always in profile at best, I wasn't able to make out the face.
- Joe Morton.
- Thanks R357. Though I couldn't think of his name, that's who I thought it was.
- The dialogue between Joe Morton and Jake was very cagey. They alluded to the fact that they know the CIA director's suicide was expertly staged, but they didn't say who did it.
Jake is obviously trying to worm his way into the White House and Liv is his ticket. He's playing with fire by trying to get into her pants, though. Fitz will tear Jake a new one if he finds out the guy he hired to spy has been wooing the "love of his life".
- GLADIATORS!!! WHAT A DAY!! GUESS WHO'S ON THE COVER OF EW?!!!!
- Tony Goldwyn is in amazing shape for a 52 year old guy. And that chest hair! Yum! EW facebook page has some behind the scenes video from the shoot. They certainly are ... um, playful together.
- R360 Yesssssss!!!
I can't wait until Thursday for more Scandal, then Friday for EW in my mailbox.
- Here's the video #1 from EW shoot.
- Video #2
- That was great. Thanks, R363.
- R361, His body is the TRUTH! That man is so cut...have you ever seen the muscles in his back? My word! He does martial arts - that's why he's in amazing shape. I love this scene when he jumps out of the bed to get dressed.
- Tony and Kerry's chemistry is so off the charts. They were definitely a couple in another life.
- Interview with Katie Lowes on Quinn.
- Tony and Kerry have great chemistry. I love them together.
- Scandal Thursday!! Can't wait for tonight's episode. We had a great day yesterday. I'm looking forward to tonight!!
- EW Scandal Cover
- If only it didn't have the words "Justin Bieber" at the top.
- Tonight's episode title should appeal to us DL regulars: "Molly, You in Danger, Girl!"
- So, so good tonight. But no new episodes until April 25.
I wish they'd do 50 eps a year.
- This is going to be a loooonnnnggggg summer when the show goes on break after the season finale...
- Is this Tony's first ever magazine cover?
- R376, They were on TV Guide two weeks ago, so no. I'm not sure if he had magazine covers with his past projects. I think this project has propelled him into another status he hasn't had since Ghost. He's officially a sex symbol, so that must be new to him at the age of 52.
- Tony has done some great love scenes over the years. There's a movie he did in the early '90s called "Love Matters" where he fucked Gina Gershon all over Annette O'Toole and Griffin Dunne's house (copious amounts of nudity in that one), and then there's "Traces of Red" where he got hot and heavy with Lorraine Bracco...
- was there an episode last night?
- a rerun, R379.
- Thank you. 379
- No Scandal tonight.
- R382 NO "Scandal," or just a repeat?
- A rerun
- I'm surprised that DL doesn't seem as interested in Scandal. Is it because the gay couple on it are over 40 and not so handsome and that the main star is a black woman? The "Mad Men" threads are full after a single episode airing!
- Probably ,R385.
- We haven't had a new episode in two weeks, R385, R386.
I don't know about the rest of gay DL, but Scandal is one of my favorite programs.
- Back on tonight and for the next 4 weeks all new episodes.
Season finale is May 16th.
- I am so FUCKING ready for tonight's episode! It's been such a long wait and I can't take it anymore.
Also, Kerry, Tony and Shonda will be attending the WH Correspondents dinner this weekend. E Online will be streaming the red carpet.
- R388 R389 I CAN HARDLY WAIT.
I wish they'd shoot summer episodes the way the original 90210 used to do during its first couple of seasons. Tell Shonda it's how we got to know James Pickens in the first place.
- Almost there...just a few more minutes. Can't wait!!!
- Oh, Huck! I just want to give him a hug.
- Same here, R392. Does the CIA really go to such great lengths, ruining people that way?
- That was a very good episode.
I wonder if Freepers regard this show as "America Hating" with its depiction of the Saints who work at the CIA as being up to no good.
- But the CIA are usually up to no good...
Huck story is so fucking sad. Did you know the actor who plays Huck is gay and out AND the actress who played his wife is also gay and out? Isn't that cool?!!
Next week Mellie is going to go off the reservation. This is going to get good. Will Fitz give up running for reelection to be with Liv? We'll see...
- I want to hate Mellie so much, R395, but she's right about everything, really.
- It was SO good last night. Fitz and Liv's love and passion for each other is so hot that it's tangiable.
[quote]Did you know the actor who plays Huck is gay and out
Yes, Guillermo Diaz has been out for years. I loved him in the arthouse classic comedy "Party Girl".
- I had no idea he was in Party Girl.
But thanks for reminding me of that film.
I just found my favorite part:
- I've had several friends in the CIA. All married, with kids. Tried not to let people know what they do. But - they weren't Huck. They were analysts.
- Black women must love this show.
The white POTUS is willing to give up his bitchy wife for the angry black woman who is always yelling at people, and she has lots and lots of power and great clothes, too.
- This is the most outrageous show I watch. The president forgetting policy meetings, dropping his schedule and basically falling down on the job so he can run back and forth to see his girlfriend. You're right, R401, this is a Black woman's wet dream.
And Shonda Rhimes owns primetime Thursdays on ABC.
- Who the fuck are these trolls commenting in this thread? R400,R401... BE GONE!!!
- What a fucking amazing episode! I just love how Mellie actually went through with her threat! All praise Mellie! This was such a fucking game changer! Olivia finally giving Fitz the business was well OVERDUE! She hit him upside the head with some truths he needed to hear. Cyrus nearly having a heart attack running through the WH tunnels...it doesn't get better!
Cyrus is going to throw down the gauntlet next week and reveal Olitz's secrets to them both (Verna and Jake). Also, I love the OPA crew...just give David an office already!
- You have to earn me...priceless
- She didn't go all the way, IMO, R404, in that she didn't name Olivia as Fitz's mistress. I thought that would have ratcheted things up a little, but she stopped short.
- R406, Mellie is holding that card. She's not going to play that hand YET! Let's see what's Fitz's response will be, then we'll see if Mellie gives up Olivia.
- R401 reeks of thinly-veiled hatred.
- I'd love to know how many times the phrase "You go, girl!" has been uttered by people watching this show. Pretty much any time Olivia or Mellie speaks, it would be appropriate.
- R409, are you getting a little stuffy underneath your Cloroxy white hood?
- I am constantly giving "You go" to both Olivia and Mellie.
- I love the chemistry of Kerry and Tony. They make a great couple. Tony's body is so hot!
- R412, I've been saying throughout this thread that Tony G. is fucking hot and his body is the TRUTH! Just look at his back, arm and chest muscles. Maybe next week when he and Liv get caught in bed by Cyrus we get to see his six pack. He is 6'2 and is fucking solid. His legs...let me stop! This man CAN'T be 52 years old AND he has a birthday in three weeks!!!!!!!!!
- One more thing...Tony did an AMAZING job directing this week's episode of Scandal! Let's hope next season he directs a few more...
- Did anybody see Tony's stint on "The L Word" several years ago? He played a closeted gay actor, and he was rocking a Caesar hair cut. He KILLED this scene...
- That was an incredible episode, a real game-changer. If Fitz turns his back on Olivia for any reason, I will break my fucking TV. It has to be all in now. He chose her, he has to keep her. Has to. Oh, and yes I agree, r404, that scene with Cyrus running like mad down the tunnel like a petulant baby was laugh-out-loud funny.
- I want Columbus Short in me quite deeply.
- Was it picked up for a third season?
- Not yet, but I'm pretty certain it's a lock.
- R419, ABC upfronts are May 14th, so it should be announced then...it's a lock for a 3rd season.The ratings are gold for ABC on Thursday nights. Scandal has won it's 10pm slot 11 weeks running AND the #1 show on social media.
- There's no way Scandal won't be renewed.
- This show is too much for me. I love it.
- Good news! Gladiators. The Scandal cast will be doing a victory lap next week. The whole cast will be appearing on GMA and The View next Tuesday. We're 2 episodes away from the finale, so ABC is upping the PR for the show.
Kerry will also be on The Late Show next week promoting her movie "Peeples". I found out the film is written and directed by a woman -Tina Gordon Chism.
- The show took a turn to stupid when the President of the United States quit his job to "earn" his mistress.
- Shoo be gone 425 before somebody drops a house on you.
- Sorry guys...Kerry is on Late Show with Letterman tonight. She's doing heavy promo this week and next. Kimmel this week. Ellen and Wendy Williams next week.
MET Gala is tonight and Kerry will be walking the red carpet. I can't wait to see what designer she will wear.
For those speculating about the 3rd season...ABC wouldn't have the cast fly into NYC for ABC upfronts next Tuesday if the show wasn't getting a 3rd season. Plus the heavy PR push is a good indication that the show is being picked up for season 3.
- R425: Fuck off. I can't stand starry-eyed fans who feel threatened whenever someone offers less-than-rapturous appraisal.
I really like this show. It is everything the second season of Revenge should have been, but I do think that was a silly plot point more worthy of soapy-romancy Grey's Anatomy.
I do love the actress who plays the First Lady. She is amazing. And doesn't overact like Kerry does sometimes.
- Scandal is a wild ride. A lot of outrageous stuff goes down, but that's the whole point. If I wanted a real view of Washington, I'd go back and watch the Clinton impeachment hearings. Snooze.
- Is it just me or does the Cyrus character not have any chemistry whatsoever with his husband? I really wish they'd showing sex scenes with them. It's not hot at all. Cyrus has more onscreen heat with Mellie than he does with his own husband.
There was also something off with the chemistry between Fitz and Liv in their sex scene this week. I can't put my finger on it, but maybe it has something to do with the fact that TG directed the ep.
And I for the life of me can't figure out why so many women root for that couple. They're beyond pathetic. I for one would see no victory in finally ending up with a man who basically treated me like a trashy disposable whore and only *sort of* chose me once he realized that I was ready to walk.
- R430, I think you answered your paragraph 2 question in paragraph 3. I didn't like their sex scene either this time, and that's the first time it's been true.
- Cyrus got a blow job last week...what more do want? I mean it's network TV- I'm surprised they alluded to the BJ. I like Cyrus and James together - for me it's a grown up relationship. I'm not looking for QAF characters on Scandal.
- The age disparity and the total immaturity of James makes their relationship a bit creepy to me.
- What R432 says. It's utterly believable to me that such a political powerhouse as Cyrus has a younger, cuter boyfriend. I think Jeff Perry is absolutely wonderful in the role.
- Jeff Perry is also straight and was married to Laurie Metcalf and is now married to Scandal's casting director. That may explain why he doesn't quite bring the heat to his romantic scenes with his onscreen partner if his real life spouse is standing just feet away while he is kissing a guy!
Btw,it appears that most of the core cast are vacationing together in Israel this week-Bellamy Young has been tweeting pictures-but there is no Columbus Short,Kerry,Tony or Jeff....
- Hallmark movie channel ran a Matlock marathon this past weekend. I'd peek in at episodes and TG was in one about medical residents murdering their boss. The episode was from 1987 and he was completely unmemorable. He is so much more attractive now.
Tim Busfield, OTOH, looked bad then and isn't great now. He peaked several years ago.
- I love huck in this show, is he gay? I saw him on Carson Daly show late at night and he mentioned that he played a tranny once and his mom plucked his eyebrows and shaved him naked for the role.
- R437, Yes, Guillermo Diaz is gay. He's out and proud!
- Anybody have an idea who the mole is?
435 Kerry is promoting her movie the Peeples right now so that is one reason she is not on vaycay.
- R437, Guillermo played a tranny in the classic gay flick "Stonewall". He got to romance hottie Frederick Weller. Also, I said that Guillermo Diaz has been out for years @ R397. READ!
- Guillermo in "Stonewall"
- Queen Kerry on Letterman last night. This chick is so smart!!
- Thanks, R442. I just love her. Great dress, too. She should wear purple A LOT.
- Kerry is on this month's Elle June cover. Her 1st national fashion magazine cover!! I hope Vogue is next...Beautiful!!!
- Help me out here, is it me or does her real life wardrobe suck? Every time I see a pic of her out somewhere I hate what what she has on. She needs to steal some Olivia Pope gear.
- The reason Mad Men has tons of people on it is because it's a great show with great writing.
This thread for one show has one main superfan of KW on it who bumps it up constantly with about 2 others, that is it, and it's got shit writing.
- R445, I think she has avant garde taste in clothes. Her taste in clothes is very different from her peers. Her outfits are never boring. Either you like it or you don't. That's my opinion on Kerry's style.
- [quote]Kerry is on this month's Elle June cover. Her 1st national fashion magazine cover!! I hope Vogue is next...Beautiful!!!
That fatty? Are you insane?
- R448, LOL!! If Adele can get a Vogue cover, why not Kerry?
BTW...Happy Scandal Thursday!!
- So whadja think?
- R449, that's not Adele. That's what we told Adele she should look like. And we still stuck in on the March issue, when decent people are at their most winter suicidal.
- And r446 is in this thread because?
- AWWWWAAWWWWW!!! What an episode!!! Billy is back! David - there are no words for you! But I get it...
- Any predictions for next week's season finale?
- Cyrus=Woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
- Scandal had it's HIGHEST ratings EVER!!! 8.9 million/18-49 demo 3.2.
Just incredible! Beating the competition hands down in the most important demo. Disney President Bob Iger is loving the money this show is bringing to ABC. He was cheering Scandal/Shonda Rhimes on the earnings call this week.
- R457, she's also got the lead-in show, Grey's Anatomy. I don't watch it, but it must do pretty well, also. It's been on for years.
- So what did people think about the major argument between Cyrus and the spouse?
- That tirade went beyond simply being upset. Cyrus sliced and diced James. He was downright evil towards him.
- I love KW BUT she went on Bill Maher's show and wanted people with shitty grades to be given consideration for certain jobs. She seemed bright up until that point and then she lost me.
Oh besides Bai Ling what other women has she had dalliances with?
- Cyrus was awful to James, but he was not incorrect in his assessment of James' "big break." And James knows it. Now what's he going to do about it?
- What an awful dress down of James by Cyrus! They just got their relationship back on track - I'm not sure if they will survive this. If I was James I would take my child, leave and say the biggest FUCK YOU to Cyrus. Cyrus doesn't believe in his husband. He thinks he's not talented. Cyrus has belittled James before -from the schools he's attended to the places he's worked. But this time Cyrus took it to the next level and it was disgusting. I thought Cyrus was going to backhand James during the argument...he came close twice!
- She's had dalliances 461? Do tell.
- What was going through my mind when Cyrus had his meltdown all over James was that all that venom was really for Mellie but James happened to be the one standing there. What he didn't realize was that part of her pulling the pin on that grenade was to derail Cyrus's relationship with James. I'd say Mellie checkmated Cyrus.
But one has to wonder why James is not more savvy. He is supposed to be a journalist and be able to piece things together how the hell could he be so blind? Or is it some kind of statement about the kind of lame reporters we have to put up with in reality?
- So does Fitz have a cow when he sees the tape?
- R465, that was James' big opportunity to get on screen with a prime time interview. He's every bit as ambitious as Cyrus, but in a different venue.
- what do you think 466?
- ABC has released their 2013-14 schedule. Scandal has been renewed. I'm sad they cancelled Happy Endings...I loved that show from the 1st episode.
- Can someone refrsh my memory ? Who was the guy in the car at the end?
He looked familar but I can't place him. He was probably from season 1 and I can't remember how he's involved.
- R470, He was on of the most important characters in Season 1. He is Billy Chambers - chief of staff to the VP Sally Langston. He helped run Sally's campaign and was a rival of Olivia Pope on the campaign trail. Billy had dug up evidence of Fitz's affair with Olivia. Billy bugged Fitz's hotel room and heard Fitz and Oliva having sex. Billy had NO idea it was Olivia, but all he needed was the smoking gun. Billy tried to give proof to Sally, but she wasn't having none of it and had accepted Fitz's offer for the VP slot.
Billy then had Amanda Tanner seduce Fitz while she worked in the WH. Amanda was going to go to the press about the affair. Fitz had Olivia do a number on Amanda - tells her life would be ruined and she would lose everything. Fast forward...Amanda becomes Oliva's client when Olivia gets the real truth from Fitz - they did have an affair. Amanda is then killed by Cyrus who ordered a hit via Charlie. Billy goes crazy in front of the WH press and tells the world about Fitz's affair. Billy then kills Gideon the reporter hunting the truth on Amanda Tanner. OPA finds out Billy was the person who concocted the "Amanda Tanner" plan. Fitz threatens Sally to get Billy in line and deny his claims. Huck decides to call in a favor with Charlie to get rid of Billy. Last time we see Billy he's heading into a hotel elevator with Charlie. We never see Charlie kill Billy, but that was the assumption.
- R471 Thank you so much for the recap. I thought Billy was dead, but I couldn't remember the sequence of events that led us there. You have a terrific Gladiator memory.
- yes, great recap. I missed some of these episodes last season, so I didn't have all the details.
- The other thing about Gideon the reporter and his death...
Gideon was Quinn's boyfriend and Quinn found Gideon right after he died and freaked out at the scene of his murder. The Gladiators prevented any investigation tying Billy Chambers to Gideon's murder because they cleaned up the crime scene to try to protect Quinn.
- It's Scandal Thursday!!! The season finale is tonight. So looking forward to later...it's gonna be CRAZY!!!
- Good season 2 overview before the finale at the link.
- Just a few more hours.
- Wish there were another episode this Thursday. I'm addicted to Scandal on Thursdays.
- Boy, it was a harder day at work than I thought. I didn't even realize that the finale is tonight.
- less than 30 minutes to the final...c'mon Gladiators!!!!
- It was good. The twist was interesting, if indecipherable. Not quite the rockin' pace I expected. Don't know where they go from here. It's almost like the whole show starts over.
- Why is he trying to destroy everything in her life? And what happened to Scott Foley: oh, no.
- After all the pre-finale hype from the cast in assorted press interviews, I expected a whole lot more.
The "shocking" twist was not shocking at all -- plenty of folks (viewers and in the media) predicted Joe Morton's character was Olivia's father a long while ago.
And, honestly, the Fitz/Olivia relationship has grown tiresome and ridiculously repetitive. They've become the least interesting people on the show.
- It's going to be hard to keep this Olitz relationship going without some satisfactory resolution. I hope they know when to get out/end the show before viewers do. I actually thought the big reveal would be that Olivia was pregnant,considering how she looked in that last scene with the POTUS in that oversized blouse she was wearing!
- The Scandal addicts are going insane on Tumblr...lots of unhappy Olitz shippers today. I don't know why these people act like Olitz were going to actually have a happy ending. You won't get that until the show ends. Shonda runs her show by her whims and not the fans. The only thing which surprised me was Rowan being Liv's Dad. Now, did he leak that she was Fitz's mistress? How the fuck is her father watching her sex tape and sending his underling to sleep with is daughter? And also try to scare or kill her. Just sick!!
Fitz's monologue to Mellie in the hospital was brillant! Too bad he fucking wimped out and was on his knees to Mellie at the end of the episode. What the point of dialogue, if his balls were going to be cut off at show's end?
Jeff Perry - You deserve an Emmy! You have hit it out the park all season. Cyrus in the ambulance was hilarious! Pure comedy!!
Nice to David with his white hat on and back in his office...can we get Alyssa back next season? I miss their chemistry!!!
September can't get here quick enough!!!
- They jumped the shark with Cyrus. He's so nasty and poisonous now , I wish they would just kill him off.
- I think Cyrus was trying to save Liv and Fitz by spilling the beans and getting them in line before Rowen could "handle" them. I was glad to see Cy and James get back together so quickly after the health scare. He really is the most forgiving guy on the planet. or maybe he figured out everything Cy said last week was true.
I also think Fitz and Liv are faking the end of their relationship to keep Mellie off guard. No way would he (literally) crawl back to his wife without an end-game plan.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONY GOLDWYN!!! 53 Never looked so good...
- Any tea on Ms. Washington?
- Not really "tea," I suppose, R490, but I knew her fairly well before she started getting parts, and she was one of the nicest, most generous people I'd ever met.
- She's a woman with a good upbringing! I think everyone loves Kerry.
- i wanna watch scandal for kerry but shonda is such a bad showrunner, along with ryan murphy and matthew weiner. :/ they start great then the story fizzle out. oh and they are douchebags
- R493, I agree with Shonda being an asshole. A lot of fans HATED the last 5 minutes of the Scandal season 2 finale. They were giving Shonda lots of shit about it on the social networks. Shonda always states she writes for herself and not for the fans of the show. She doesn't want her shows to highjacked by the fans. Her response to the fans on Twitter was uncool. This is what you get when you watch her shows...be prepared to be disappointed.
- She's absolutely right, R494. You can't write for the fans, for they want everything to happen right away, and you can't have everything you want right away. If you did, there'd be no drama, and everyone could go home.
Not to say the story was structured perfectly in season 2. In terms of romance, everything got screwed up as soon as Fitz found out what had happened in Ohio and froze Olivia out. I know it was what had to happen, but it threw things off balance, the two of them suddenly not wanting the same thing out of the relationship.
I liked the thing we found out in the last five minutes. Maybe you didn't.
- They have to let Olitz get together sooner rather that eight seasons from now. Shonda can't drag this one out like the Grey's Anatomy romance-it would look pathetic for Olivia to be hanging on to this tenuous relationship for eight years! I know people have done it for longer but still...
- Who was the mole?
- R495, The fans had issue with Fitz going back to Mellie on bended knee at the end of the finale. Not Rowan and Olivia in the car. For some fans we know Olivia and Fitz are endgame. Shonda admitted that she changed the ending of the finale at the last minute - having Olivia and Fitz work out how he was going to divorce Mellie. The scene with Liv and Fitz in bed was cut. That's why Liv looked satisfied when she went downstairs for her jog. Then all hell broke loose when she went outside.
Shonda can do what she wants with her show...I'm not that fan on social networks complaining. I just observe and read what's going on.
- Oh my, I LOVE scandal! I love kerry, she is wonderful. This is based on a real person, Judy Smith, A black woman during Pres. Bush (the first Bush)
I have noticed that this show is causing a lot of interesting things in our office. The white men are constantly asking the African american women about the show and how they like it, as if they are fishing for something. I think we are about to see a lot of white men dating and marrying black women. My brother, who has never dated a black woman, brought her to our family dinner. She was a beautiful girl. My dad talked about how pretty she was.......oh well.
- Kerry's on the cover of the August Vanity Fair. Just in time for Emmy nominations!
- R499, my stepsister is married to a (hot) white guy and she calls him "her Fitz".
- I just watched the entire season on Netflix.
The Fitz/Olivia pairing was getting tiresome and OTT, there's no way he would win of he left his wife and the baby. The public would sympathize with the wife and the children but the kids were barely even mentioned. Seems like the POTUS was more concerned about his dick then running the country and being with his children. That pairing has to end and I was relieved to see him fall on his knees to his wife. I started to feel sorry for the wife because of all the constant putdowns by Fitz. They're making the First Lady too unlikeable and one-dimensional. It would be nice to see them rekindle some spark as a couple since I'm tired of the Fitz/Olivia pairing.
- Can we get a new thread for the 3rd season? It premieres Oct 3rd. Also, there will be a recap airing at 9pm EST before the premiere.
- Agree new thread. The premiere rocked but
Fitz is nuts & PW. You want to tell the truth now?
- Pulled in strong numbers premiere night
- I've never been a rubber necker and I don't watch shows like this typically. But I can't take my eyes off this. I thought the premiere was a bit low key after the finale last season. I wanted Olivia to leave the country and her team have to find her. Working against Fitz who's searching as well.
- New thread for a new season.