- Many of us here in socal feel out-of-sorts as well.
Many are reporting flu/asthma type symptoms but don't actually have a virus--it's a little weirder than that--such as flashing lights in eyes, extreme dizziness without nausea, and disorientation.
- R1, very true, then come the giantism.
- It's all in your mind, R1.
- That's scary because I was just diagnosed with respiratory airway disease. My lungs are inflamed, and there's "no reason". Asthma like symptoms, dry, weezing cough. Shit.
- DL won't take notice until hot young porn stars begin dying of radiation sickness.
- I've developed tremmers in my hands from this radiation.
- Well, now we just wait and see who gets the cancer...
- Breaking news : a phalanx of gigantic ants has been sighted moving down from the Hollywood Hills.
- ... hot young porn stars are in danger?!?
- Oh god I think Fukushima gave me Morgellons Syndrome!
- Just wait for the 50 foot tall Starbucks barristas. Then you WILL run!
- Oh R1, that's just fibromyalgia--and as anyone on DL will tell you, fibromyalgia is a bullshit disease! You're just being lazy.
- I know this is DL, but why aren't more people concerned with what is STILL happening in Japan? It's like no one cares about the ramications that we know are coming if this doesn't stop.
- Linky Stinky, OP.
- [quote]I've developed tremmers in my hands from this radiation.
Problems with spelling your reaction. The last symptom.
- [quote]I know this is DL, but why aren't more people concerned with what is STILL happening in Japan? It's like no one cares about the ramications that we know are coming if this doesn't stop.
What do you suggest? Seriously, not trying to be a cunt, but what can we do about it? The radiation is going to keep pumping out of that thing forever from the look of it.
- I can't be near you
The light just radiates
I can't be near you
The light just radiates
- this is actually quite scary. I have not heard a word on the news about it.
- And OP's link sucks. It's not a real story..
- Stay away from dairy products. Because radiation falls to the ground and cows eat a lot of grass the radiation is passed on in dairy products. Use water filters. Wash off fruits and vegetables. Wet dust surfaces so the dust doesn't fly up in the air and you inhale in.
- Actually this story is in many places on the web if you'd bother to Google...
- It makes absolute sense that California (and the entire west) is full of radiaton. Take a look at a world map and you can see that it didn't have anywhere to go but right over to its neighbor, the Pacific Ocean.
- What happened in Europe after Chernobyl?
- It's your cell phone that causes that
- Ever seen the fallout map from the above ground testing we did in Nevada back in the 50's and 60's?
This is nothing by comparison.
- We aren't called the "Ring of Fire" for nothing.
- You light up my life.
- Great. 5.3 earthquake hits Fukushima. Radiation measured at 10 Sieverts per hour. Not good.
- More, 'On Topic' - re: materials being carried towards the west coast.
- The US media will just cover shooting stories, blanket coverage of the latest shooting, every shooting - but nothing on real news that will have a major effect on the lives of millions, and the planet.
- One of what will become many. Gradually, radiation levels will increase. I wonder how much that angle has been looked at rather than individual isolated incidents.
- What's on California's iPod?
- R22, linking to infowars is a way of DISCREDITING information, not confirming it. That's a tin-hat crack-pot nut-job site.
- Typhoon approaching.
- “We’re going out there to catch fish with the intention of selling them, so I’m really pleased.”
- [bold]Chronic Radiation Is Beneficial to Human Beings[/bold]
It prevents cancer.
- Fuck you, R37.
- No worries, I'll alert the DL when my cock glows in the dark.
- Is this the same deadly "approaching" typhoon from last week or another one?
How will this impact the sushi restaurants I frequent?
- [quote]Many of us here in socal feel out-of-sorts as well. Many are reporting flu/asthma type symptoms but don't actually have a virus--it's a little weirder than that--such as flashing lights in eyes, extreme dizziness without nausea, and disorientation.
Uh-oh... are you also tender to the touch?
It's radiation-induced fibromyalgia!!
- Stop eating seafood. Maybe what you eat was farmed and is radiation free. Maybe not. Why take the chance? Eat something else.
Ultimately we will all be exposed to the fallout from this one way or another. Japan is lying about the severity of this event. And if Building 4 falls, God help us all. You also might want to worry about the plants operating in the U.S. that could melt down just as bad with an earthquake or hurricane strike.
- Let's face it, if any part of the country, outside of NYC, is going to get massive doses of radiation, it might as well be California.
- [quote]And if Building 4 falls, God help us all.
- Fuck that R43. Ball it up into a nice cloud and drop it on Oklahoma or Iowa or something.
- Fuck off R43. California is the only place that ever made me happen to be in it.
- I have, all my life, had a fantasy that one day, the entire state of California would just slide into the ocean and disappear.
- Indigenous Elders and Medicine Peoples Council Statement on Fukushima, October 31, 2013:
[...] Not heeding warnings from both Nature and the People of the Earth keeps us on the path of self destruction. This self destructive path has led to the Fukushima nuclear crisis, Gulf oil spill, tar sands devastation, pipeline failures, impacts of carbon dioxide emissions and the destruction of ground water through hydraulic fracking, just to name a few. [...]
The Fukushima nuclear crisis alone is a threat to the future of humanity. Yet, our concern goes far beyond this single threat. Our concern is with the cumulative and compounding devastation that is being wrought by the actions of human beings around the world. [...]
[...] Spiritual Leaders and those that carry great responsibility for their people from both North and South America came together with the sacred fire for four days at the end of September 2013 to fulfill their sacred responsibilities. During this time it was revealed that the spirit of destruction gained its’ strength by our spiritually disconnected actions. [...]
The People of the Earth understand that the Fukushima nuclear crisis continues to threaten the future of all life. We understand the full implications of this crisis even with the suppression of information and the filtering of truth by the corporate owned media and Nation States. We strongly urge the media, corporations and Nation States to acknowledge and convey the true facts that threaten us, so that the international community may work together to resolve this crisis, based on the foundation of Truth. We urge the international community, government of Japan and TEPCO to unify efforts to stabilize and re-mediate the nuclear threat posed at the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant. To ensure that the Japanese government and TEPCO are supported with qualified personnel and information, we urge the inclusion of today’s nuclear experts from around the world to collaborate, advise and provide technical assistance [...]
We urge all Nations and human beings around the world to work with us, the Original Caretakers of Mother Earth, to restore the Original Instructions and uphold the Creator’s Natural Law as a foundation for all decision making, from this point forward. Our collective future as human beings is in our hands, we must address the Fukushima nuclear crisis and all actions that may violate the Creator’s Natural Law. We have reached the crossroads of life and the end of our existence. We will avert this potentially catastrophic nuclear disaster by coming together with good minds and prayer as a global community of all faiths. [...]
- The starfish.
- Well, it took them 68 years, but they got back at us.
- Madison Hildebrand is in COMPLETE denial.
- R19 = and you won't until the giant debris field starts washing ashore in Malibu.
- Fishermen report boats surrounded by hundreds of dead Eastern Pacific green sea turtles — Official says some found swimming in circles as if dazed or confused
- Pacific Blue Tuna is radioactive and people are being warned not to consume it.
- Can't the scientists fish out a dazed green turtle or a blob of starfish slime and test it for radioactivity? Then we'd know for sure.
- They're either too afraid to - or being willfully ignorant - or the conspiracy crazies are right, and they're being told not to/being silenced. Who knows? I really hate it when the crazy people start making sense.
- What crazy people? Most people can read a Geiger counter.
- Glad SOMEONE'S bringing it up:
- Love how all the concerned celebrity environmentalists haven't said a word. Where's Di Caprio now?
- I love you r59
- Is this why I have had diarreha for 4 days in San Francisco? Thanks Japan.
- The Earthquake Research Institute at the University of Tokyo said earlier this year that there’s a 70 percent chance a 7.0-magnitude or higher quake will strike Tokyo, near Fukushima, by 2016. Should the fourth reactor collapse, Suzuki said, it would be “bye bye Japan,” and “everybody on the west coast of North America should evacuate. Now if that isn’t terrifying, I don’t know what is.”
- Japan scares me. It has a huge global footprint and is a ticking time bomb.
- They're encasing the rods this week. This should have happened a year ago. The crazy Japanese are playing Russian roulette with the health of much of the U.S.
Maybe that is why they appear to be so inept. Maybe they don't care anymore.
It is maddening that this effort isn't given thorough coverage.
I have contempt for faux-green celebrity douchebags like Leonardo Di Fakio - have any of those morons said a WORD about this?
Of course not; their handlers won't let them.
- OP's link is nearly 2 years old.
- It is very scary. Can't wait until it bounces off the West Coast and starts heading back toward Hawaii.
Also, watch for thyroid problems. Several actresses and celebrities have announced they are fighting thyroid cancer and other ailments since Fukushima.
- Tinhat R68, they were talking about airborne contaminants. No "bouncing."
I never fail to be amazed at how lightweight and gullible so many DL readers are.
- Has anyone taken iodine pills,or an aqueous solution of iodine, in order to protect your thyroid?
- Oh, it'll bounce. Not the airborne crap, obviously, which drifted north of Hawaii on the usual air currents and didn't seem to produce big radiation spikes in the air or soil.
I was talking about the debris, which can't be exactly radiation-free, can it?
This model so far has proven to be pretty accurate. Stuff already has been found on Hawaii shores, from fishing equipment to entire floating docks.
- R71, no that debris is unlikely to be radioactive. The problems at Fukushima developed relatively slowly after the tsunami. Also, as has been pointed out several times, the most radioactive elements are far heavier than water, and sink.
The problem comes when its ingested by organisms which then makes its way up the foodchain. But those don't follow the debris either. So your wrong either way.
- Should have been "you're wrong either way" obviously.
- I take nascent iodine, definitely.
- Please elaborate r74
- Radiation is good for you.
- It's just California. Who cares.
- The collapse of the Pacific Ocean ecosystem will trigger a total collapse of the planet's biosphere. Enjoy the few years that remain while you can.
- Hey, what if radiation in the Pacific is the cure for Global Warming?
- Some celebs have stated that they're reluctant to speak out on environmental issues because they don't want to be attacked as being hypocrites for living in McMansions and occasionally flying in private jets. Are the restaurants in CA that serve sushi and cooked fish taking a hit?
- not yet
- "This is an unprecedented task that nobody in the world has achieved."
- I take issue with this whole fright scenario--how is Fukishima so deadly to us when California had its own nuclear meltdown, two in fact, in 1959?
Dr. Helen Caldicott is the primary alarmist in the media however, she is not even aware of what happened at Santa Susanna in Simi Valley. The whole fucking building melted into the ground!!!
She does not reference this event, ever. How can she not know about it? She's a journalist devoted to nuclear safety.
If these types of events are so deadly then everyone in California should be dead, according to the 'experts.' Instead, native-born Californians and long-term residents enjoy better health than many other states overall. How is this possible?
There is one exception to that however; the autism rates spiked first in California during the nineteen eighties. This I believe, is the smoking gun to what low level radiation really does to people.
I want to know about Santa Susanna and how that meltdown can compare and contrast to Fukishima and Chernobyl, for that matter.
Why the cover-up with Santa Susanna?
- This might explain why my balls have gotten larger and now glow in the dark.
On the positive side, I've gotten a job hanging from a ceiling at a disco.
- Okay, so the Santa Susanna facility had two meltdowns, one in 1959 and the other in 1964. An extreme amount of radiation was diffused through the air. The building burned. Simi Valley is about 30 miles northwest of Los Angeles.
There has been no reports of any animal or plant deformities and no higher than normal stillbirths throughout Southern California. So far, this is very different from the reports we are surreptitiously getting from Japan. Why the difference?
Caldicott has never addressed this. Surely some have developed cancers that have never been attributed to the meltdown, but all in all, Californians enjoy better health than most of the rest of the world.
Be careful with evacuation threats.
But get ready to have Asperger children.
- Oh for fuck's sake.
I live at the beach in California. You people freaking out about this are insane.
Fuck off and find a *real* problem to have a melt-down about (pun intended).
- I have been, and always shall be, your friend. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few... or the one. Live long & prosper.
- Any updates on the Fukushima radiation?
- I have been taking nascent iodine for over a year now, and I also no longer eat meat or fish. The fact that this is completely uninvestigated on MSM means it's a dead serious health hazard.
- This shit again? Wear sunscreen instead of stressing your thyroid. You get more radiation from walking down the street.
- Any Godzirra sightings?
I had to laugh. Slammed. Slammed?! A 500% increase in anything is a typical tactic used by the nukeaphobes.
Back in the fifties, I lived in the hellhole that is central CA, just across the border from where they were setting off hundreds of A-bombs, each one with many times the radiation of Fukushima. I feel fine.
- The original link is from zerohedge which is known to be unreliable. Anyone can post nonsense on the web, and then It gets copied to DL as if it were coming from the NY Times or Washington Post; or ABC, NBC, or CBS news. Those sources can get it wrong, but they and their employees do have some standards, some integrity, and a reputation to protect; but zerohedge is garbage.
- ...and I did not include tabloids like Fox "News" in the list of reputable sources at R93, on purpose.
- [quote]The fact that this is completely uninvestigated on MSM means it's a dead serious health hazard.
Other Items Not Being Investigated by the MSM That Pose A Deadly Serious Health Hazard:
Hellhounds from the bowels of the Earth
- How tragic..What could be causing these species die offs?
CBS: This is really disturbing, sea stars dying by the millions on West Coast — Like the Black Death, only faster and deadlier — ‘Mystery plague’ affecting 20+ species — TV: Disappears from Orange County coast over 2 week period — Expert: “Largest epidemic ever in ocean… Something has changed in marine environment to lead to this” (VIDEO)
- R96, so sea stars that are immune to the disease will survive and thrive and adapt. That's how life works.
- It's just California. Who cares.
- @87Streeter 4m4 minutes ago
Radiation Hits California Coast: Traces Of Fukushima Radiation Found In North California : TravelersToday
- Is this covered on network news at all? I have not watched television in ten years, but I am curious if this is covered at all. It is one of the biggest mass self-deceptions I have ever witnessed, pretending this unbelievable and ongoing nuclear disaster has no impact on the United States.
And fuck Barack Obama for doing absolutely nothing to find a solution.
- R98, if you're an American and you eat any fruit or vegetables at all, then you should care too..
- [quote]The levels are far below those that might pose a risk to human health or marine life, said Ken Buesseler, a WHOI marine chemist who is leading the monitoring effort.
[quote]"The levels are only detectable by sophisticated equipment able to discern minute quantities of radioactivity," Buesseler said.
[quote]And so far, no samples taken from beaches have tested positive for Fukushima radiation.
I swear you Chicken LIttles can't read or comprehend simple English.
- [quote]And so far, no samples taken from beaches have tested positive for Fukushima radiation.
Don't think that is true, r102 -- some seaweed washed up in Orange County in 2012 that was cause for concern.
The real cause for concern is only this, though -- that there isn't much anyone can do about any contamination and its effects. It's all a done deal, and given it is radiation, all we can do is wait and see what will really happen.
- Now that the Ebola scare has subsided, are we back to Fukushima?
- I love how R102 believes everything he reads and is told by paid "experts". Bless.
- "Bless" is a transitive verb, you gullible, illiterate, hysterical twat.
- California is also full of illegal aliens and homosexual infested with AIDS. What's your point?
- Is the radiation here yet? Maybe it will bring rain.
- Fukushima is blamed for the drought in California. Supposedly the radioactive water in the Pacific has created a high pressure that won't go away.
- They've killed the Pacific, and have killed us all.
- I agree, I've always thought it was the beginning of the end. I mean between Fukushima and the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, I think we've done ourselves in.
- link please r109
- There used to be Geiger counters, or whatever they use to monitor radiation, all along the Pacific Coast, but the feds shut them all off.
- Fukushima may not kill us all, though it will take them 40 years to get the meltdown fully contained and controlled and if another earthquake happens in that time the plant may collapse to a point where there's no containing or stopping it. The radiation even scrambles electronic devices so it's not even possible to send in robots to manipulate equipment instead of humans.
My fear is that a hurricane will take out the nuclear plant outside of Miami. If we have another Fukushima situation dumping radiation into the Atlantic, it really will be an unstoppable but inevitable slow motion apocalypse.
I live in Massachusetts near the Pilgrim plant, which is one of the most precarious and outdated and vulnerable power plants in the country. If the northeast gets another hurricane Sandy, Pilgrim may meltdown and we'll all be fucked.
- Or not, R114
- So I guess this Fukushima radiation leak will go on forever. I wonder why it's no longer talked about. Probably because we're eventually cooked.
- That's about right, R116 - but, y'know..all hail the Kardashians, etc, AREN'T THEY JUST SO INTERESTING?
- Old houses with lead paint will become more popular. Children eating the paint chips will be addled, but the occupants will be safe.
- Scary to think about, but R116 is probably correct.
No one's talking about it because Japan won't be honest about what's really going on and there's really not a lot that can be done to halt the damage at this point.
Plus, calling mainstream media attention to the dangers surrounding this issue would draw more attention to the nuclear energy plants all over the US that we are all too dependent on. Big Energy Co.s would never let that sort of bad press destroy their income stream despite the dangers to public health and well being.
- And if California slides into the ocean,
Like the mystics and statistics say it will,
I predict this hotel will be standing,
Until I pay my bill.
- the sailors on the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan are dying of cancer. They were the irst responders as a rescue crew. This was reported in the German publication of Der Spiegel. The mainstream media has been censoring ALL of the news on this dangerous event due to a request by the Japanese government because the country would be in bankruptcy if we all sued. btw my thyroid gland has been seriously affected and my endocrinologists are having a hard time normalizing my T4 cells and TSH levels. This has been an ongoing problem for me since Fukushima exploded. Sea animals are dying in droves and radioactive debris is piling up on the beaches on the West Coast also inclusive of Oregon, Washington and British Columbia. I no longer eat fish and dairy products.
- typo-I meant FIRST responders
- Typical Japs.
- I don't eat fish anymore either, especially if I think it is from the Pacific. It is an outrage that it is not being talked about. There should have been a world effort to stop it when it started. But it was all cover-up, all about money. It still is.
- I use nascent iodine and cut out dairy, meat and fish. It's a slow motion disaster. The willed ignorance of the public and the deception of the media over this game changer - the weekend of Fukashima was the weekend we were treated to Charlie Sheen smoking crack live on CNN - was what led me to throw in the towel on the human race, sheeple division. All these fraus and their already fucked up kids have no idea what's in store for them health-wise. That's what happens when you're ignorant.
I used this event to revamp my health. It was the only positive thing I could do.
I'm also disgusted with the Japanese government. They're a sick, lying, sociopathic entity. But then, so is ours.
- Are there any other websites you can give us to get informed, this is the 1st time I've heard of this
- An alternate version for you, R120. Warren and Jackson Browne.
- We were all told at the beginning that they could not get control of the radiation spill, then the media just stopped reporting it. When it happened, I believed it was the beginning of the end. There seems to be nothing that can be done. With the way the Japanese shut everything down, I don't know if anyone is even working on the problem.
- This is terrifying. Why is this never mentioned in the MSM?
- R113 link please