- Another to help you decide.
- Not as handsome as Tristan. But I'd vote handsome. A bit Dennis the Menace-y but handsome.
- He's such a closeted troll.
- Very Grinchy. His main appeal to me is his body. The face is just too....odd.
- He's finally improving as he ages, looks like he has some male hormones, and gets a little meat on his frame.
- Oh so Grinchy - want to say handsome, but whenever I look at a photo, the Grinch overwhelms me
- He's reptilian and catty. Odd combo
- His face is elfish but I like his body. I like lean guys.
- He's a leprechaun, obviously
- Don't you go sass talking my beautiful girlfriend's brother, r3.
- Not bad and he will only get better-looking as he ages. Sorry, fellas!
- Big Mormon Mo who can't come out, religious wise, so tries to pass as straight. And if anyone here writes " I know him , and I can assure you, he is NOT gay" BS , I'll find you , and prove you're lying !
- No, he will not get better looking as he ages. He's as cute now as he will ever be, and his features will only get more pinched-looking as he gets older.
The only saving grace is his body, if you like the hairless twink thing.
- Yeah, we know, R12, all male dancers are gay. (sigh)
He's great looking. Not usually my type. And he can dance and choreograph. So, hot in my book.
- I went to school with him and he's really not gay.
- Stink, stank, stunk!
- Not handsome, exactly, but still very hot. He looks sexy and sinister.
- I saw his relationship with extra special friend that went with him to England as a teenager and I say he's as gay as Neil Patrick Harris.
- Indeed I'd bet good money that NPH has gotten more pussy over the years.
- By "special friend" do you mean Mark Ballas, R18?
I can't figure out if Derek's gay or not. The Cheryl Cole thing's very suspicious. Also hooking up with Shannon Elizabeth. Just yuck. Doesn't seem to have any "regular" girlfriends - but Mark does, serially. At least it seems to me like he does.
I read a study that said only 56% of male dancers are gay - thought it would be higher. Some university study and now I can't remember which one.
Anyway, I think most of the DWTS pros are gay - but I'm not sure about Derek. And I don't think Mark is. The rest? Yeah, pretty much, though Tony's married and had kids but still hangs out with the Chmerkovskiys and I saw a paparazzi thing with Maks and his boyfriend Dennis and Tony was there looking very upset that the camera guy had showed up.
Must be nice to have wifey and kids on the other coast, right Tony?
- [bold][italic]PRECIOUS . . . [/bold][/italic]
- RE: Maks and his boyfriend Dennis
R20, Is Maks gay?
- This is what Perez said:
- He is not gay. Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff became engaged in Las Vegas on New Year's Eve of 2009.
I thought he was gay at first too, and I was happy when I found out he likes women, I still have a chance!
He's talked about this on several interviews.
Maksim Chmerkovskiy always says that he appreciates the love the gay community has for him, but he is not gay.
- He's the most talented choreographer on that show by a mile.
- r24 - Is yours a parody post? Poor guy. Even if he's not gay, it must be tempting for him to say he is just to put off crazy stans who think that they "still have a chance."
- Maks may have the best body of all the men on DWTS.
- Grinch like? Not at all! He looks perfectly normal to me.
Heather, Real Housewife of Orange County
- Maks had a "roommate" named Dennis and they broke up in the last year (or stopped being roommates if you're too defensive to accept that he's gay).
It's one reason he was off his nut during his time with Hope.
The Maks/Karina engagement was about as legit as Ryan Seacrest's relationship with Julianne Hough.
- TY R30. Who knew Dennis?
- Another arrogant little bastard. Theyn't nothin' but trouble.
- R31 someone I know. But come on - he's 32, gorgeous, do you think he'd have a girlfriend now if he wanted one? Do you think he went on Ukrainian "Bachelor" to really find a wife? He's a fucking dancer with a jewelry line and he choreographed a show in Vegas with men all wearing skirts.
No wonder Liberace had all those old hags fooled. Good Lord.
- Dr. Seuss all the way. I have thought this since he first appeared on DWTS.
- I wish he'd marry Tabitha, the hair salon drill sergeant.
- r35 Tabitha is probably his real mother. That would be gross if he'd marry her.
- WTF is Tabitha?
- Mark may "date women serially" but pings pretty loudly and seems more gay than any of the guys on the show even the openly gay Louis.
- They all ping except him, for me. But yeah, he's a dancer and I'd buy it that he's gay - he just goes that extra mile to have one girl after another, who aren't all clearly for publicity (Cheryl Cole, Julianne Hough, etc.) and he lived with a girl who wasn't famous in London before moving to LA to join DWTS. He even cheated on Julianne when they were a couple as a teenager and that's why she left London to go back to Utah (and Mormonism, the moron)
To me, he's got the closest to straight cred of the lot of them, including married-with-kids Tony Dovolani. But I'm still not convinced either way with mark.
- R39, you do know that Julianne is his SISTER, right? So whatever "relationship" you think they may have had is INCEST.
- He looks like Tabitha the British lesbian Hairdresser
- Mark is NOT Julianne's sister. Derek is Julianne's brother. When Derek and Julianne HOUGH were 12 and 10, they went to live with the Ballases (Mark's parents) and several years after that, Mark and Julianne became boyfriend and girlfriend - NO BIOLOGICAL RELATION. Not even "official" stepbrother and stepsister.
He cheated on her, she got mad, and moved back to the USA and soon regretted it. Trust me on this. It's true.
- Here's a link that says, point blank, that Mark and Julianne were a "couple" - the three of them (including Derek) formed a band in England called 2b1g (2 boys 1 girl - yeah - well they were teens). The link below says that Mark and Julianne were a couple.
I've seen other interviews that say the same.
- Don't know why I said Mark wasn't Julianne's "sister". Freudian slip I guess :)
He's not her brother. The Ballases never adopted Derek and Julianne so he's not even her adoptive brother.
- Derek is excitingly sexy and I find him intensely handsome. I haven't gotten gay vibes from him and that is unusual for any male dancer in my lifetime. He projects a meanness that limits my attraction to his pretty face. If he is gay, he seems like a pretty unhappy gay man.
- I'd pound his hole.
- [quote]PRECIOUS . . .
Based on a post by Sapphire.
- Derek seems mean to you, R45? I think he seems quite sweet. It's Maks who projects "mean" to me. Rageful and narcissistic type of mean.
- Sorry, ladies, but Mark B. is the hottest of them all. It's time to face facts.
- I agree r50.
- That's what I mean. Don't believe Juliana ever got any from Mark. Had to be Derek was the real squeeze.
- Julianne who "dates" Seacrest validates Ballas as straight? I think that confirms he must be gay. I don't doubt that he might have girlfriends but is truly a conflicted gay man.
- Yes, Hough is hot.
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Derek Hough Shirtless&start=198&hl=en&gbv=2&biw=1920&bih=932&addh=36&tbm=isch&tbnid=8L0cWfApGxAG3M:&imgrefurl=http://www.teenidols2000.com/sti/actors/hough_derek/hough_derek.htm&docid=d10UBKxY-pc0lM&imgurl=http://www.teenido
- Two legs of the love triangle
- Here they are agin
- Derek practices his "wide stance" when Mark is on the bench.
- Mark and Derek in high school. No wonder Juliana was so in love....NOT
- The see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil trio. Why isn't Juliana in the middle?
- Friends 4Evah!
- He's has FAS face. Not attractive AT ALL.
- Happy Happy Joy Joy
- What's up with her and Seacrest, man?
- Derek wears the cutest little shoes with his Levi's. He either has small feet, or wants to appear to have small feet. Those little canvas Keds are a little gay, but I don't see them over the other guy's shoulders while having sex.
- It's little sad always seeing Derek enthusiastically with his arm around Ballas' neck and Ballas half heartedly allowing his arms to droop at his sides or half heartedly extended toward Derek.
- Even the closest and longest of relationships are never exactly mutual.
- Derek would be excellent as either top or bottom. But since he isn't a penisyterian, I guess it's moot point.
- If Ballas is straight then I might as well throw my gaydar off a cliff.
- I don't see these guys at home , deciding to go out and 'get some pussy'. Sorry, it's the Mormon thing - will appear straight , no matter what, no matter when. Like Scientology. No matter how much they love the wiener, will never admit it/ come out.
- Derek's not Mormon anymore but his sister is, and that's a very helpful trait for Ryan Seacrest, as I'm sure she doesn't believe in sex before marriage.
Though Derek's not Mormon he's unlikely to come out - the only out pro on DWTS is Louis, and he blames his coming out for his no longer being on the show, and for getting a whole lot of hate mail. He now advises all the others to keep their mouths shut.
- Bruno is out and it doesn't affect his popularity on the show. Also, I have heard Ryan may be hiding in plain sight with Derek. Also, have always wondered what kind of parents would allow their early teen kids to live with the Ballas's for years in London. It seems almost Incestuous.
- I would love for someone to produce evidence of Derek Hough being gay. What I mean is evidence beyond being attractive and a dancer. There doesn't seem to be any, yet some posters talk as if Derek has been proven gay beyond a shadow of a doubt.
- Wow, I don't watch DWTS and had never noticed how much he looks like Tabatha. Now, I think she's reasonably attractive (and very funny) but...poor Derek. How sad for an aging twink to be the spit and image--or spitting image, if you prefer--of a middle-aged, cunty, Australian dyke.
- R72, your evidence is flawed. We have already established that he is grinch looking, ergo not attractive!
- Whatever, r74.
- Gorgeous smile!
- Awesome dancer. No match for the Russians in looks!
- R71 - being out only matters if you're trying to be a sex symbol, and DWTS wants its pros to be just that. For a 55 year old judge, it's not so big a deal, esp. since he's European, lives in London, etc.
Louis said he got a lot of hatred sent his way after coming out on the show during his season with Margaret Cho. He said by coming out, he made himself a "target" for haters, and he says now, he wishes he hadn't done it. Now his advice is be gay but stay quiet about it - don't give yourself a "label" and become a target.
Maybe he's just talking to the other dance pros on the show. I doubt it matters if you're on Broadway or in a traveling dance show like Burn the Floor or something. But on primetime tv in America, on a show where the average viewer is a 55 year old female who wants to have "crushes" on her favorite pro, it's apparently a fatal flaw to be overtly gay - and certainly to out yourself.
Even Jonathan Roberts, with the gayest gay face I ever did see, is "married" to Russian wife Anna, and that satisfies the fraus. You don't have to do much - just shut up and don't admit anything (uh, see Ryan Seacrest, Tom Cruise...)
- Shirtless working out.
Courtesy of Just Us Boys.
- Bending over.
Courtesy of Just Us Boys.
- R61, what is FAS face?
- R81, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
- [quote]You don't have to do much - just shut up and don't admit anything (uh, see Ryan Seacrest, Tom Cruise...)
Huh? Cruise is married, and Seacrest has a longtime girlfriend.
- Who in the hell dug up all those old pictures of Derek and Mark?? Damn, talk about a hardcore fan!
[quote] Mark and Derek in high school.
Yikes. Now I know why Julianne is on those ProActiv commercials. Acne seems to run in that family.
Those are cute pics, though. After seeing Mark and Derek's long history together, I'm starting to think that they're more like brothers than lovers. Derek is so cute in the way he really seems to be so excited when he's around Mark, and that is very little brother-ish.
That Derek workout picture is really hot. For such a tiny and slim guy, he sure has a thick, meaty ass. I'm sure he'd make a very hot bottom for some top.
I do agree though that Mark will never come out because he doesn't want to "disappoint" his parents, so he's going to play the charade for as long as it takes. As for Derek, I agree that his Mormonism will never allow him to come out. Even though he's a former, it's ingrained in him.
Interestingly, though they appear to be very brotherly in those pictures, I think they'd make a very cute couple.
- PS, Derek seems to be a naturally happy person. When he smiles, it's definitely real, and there's like a little light in his eyes.
Conversely, Mark never seems to smile in pictures. And when he does try to come across as Mr. Happy, it looks totally contrived. He doesn't seem to be a naturally happy person.
What an interesting dynamic, that in all those years living together, you have a perky blond guy and a dark, moody guy living together in one household. I wonder why Mark seems so moody?
- Very naive R84. Of course they are lovers, always were. She was the beard for Mark.
had to be.
- So, hot or not?
- Derek Hough, shirtless from behind.
- Nice glistening arms.
- Derek has a fantastic body. The best body on the show. His face is kind of meh because of his eyes. Something reptilian about the eyes. And one eye tends to wander. He's certainly not hideous. I guess he's cute in a trollish way.Tristan is classically handsome but has gained weight and looks rather pudgy around the middle. The new guy Gleb is the total package. Plus, he has a sweet personality. I don't really consider Val handsome but he is sexy. Tony is attractive and his kindness and upbeat attitude only makes him more so. Ballas looks nasty. Like he smells bad. Hate the tats. Uh, uh.
- Gorgeous. Click to enlarge.
- Nice pecs on Hough.
- He looks hot here.
- Nice body.
- A bit of both, butt, that body, that body, that butt.
- Derek bad singing video.
- Derek and Amber video.
- The only weak aspect about Derek is his name. Derek is such a queer name.
- Sweaty Emmy winner Derek Hough.
- He reminds me of Stewie from Family Guy
- I don't know who that is r102, however I find him incredibly hot and he is looking better and better each season. I loved his Gene Kelly leap for the press last night.
- "Nina Dobrev & Derek Hough: New Couple Alert?
Rumors are swirling that Nina Dobrev and Derek Hough are have started up a relationship, Us Weekly reports.
'[Nina] was hanging a lot with Derek‘s sister Julianne,' a source told the magazine of the 24-year-old actress and the 28-year-old dancer. 'Then she fell for him.'
Back in May, Nina and her then-boyfriend Ian Somerhalder called their relationship quits. The two co-star on the television show The Vampire Diaries, which airs on the CW.
The Vampire Diaries returns with an all new season next Thursday (October 3) – be sure to tune in!"
- Amber Riley looks like she lost a lot of weight since she began working with Derek!
Derek is fabulous the way he handles her!
- A brilliant dancer and very talented.
DWTS Dancer Derek Hough Freaks When Fan Tries To Take Pic In Gay Bar.
- Derek Hough Helped Meryl Davis and Charlie White on their Gold Medal-Winning Short Routine
- It's a shame his small penis couldn't keep Ryan's interest when his ass started to seem too relaxed.