- I am ashamed to say, Jason Priestly.
- Who cares? You looked hot in it. Carpe diem!
- James Dean will always be iconic. Priestly is yesterdays garbage.
- James Dean. Forever young and beautiful.
- James Dean had great hair!
- James Dean: Great face, image, and myth, but an obnoxious and overrated actor. Not a very good actor at all. Sure he had some charisma, but his cheesy angst seems rather affected and embarrassing. It's not so much that it's dated, it's fake for the 1950's, too. I just can't take him very seriously. Same thing with early Marlon Brando(who was a better actor).
James Dean staring out of the window
James Dean again
- Christian's jacket was more Jason Priestley for sure and Paul Rudd was way hotter than Christian and Elton.
James Dean is crying
- An intense moment.
- James in doubts
- Rebel Without A Cause...
- Jimmy, please don't cry!
- Jimmy behind the wheel
- He is with Natalie now
- Troubled Jimmy
- *Jimmy behind the wheel
I resent it because...now it's better.
- Jimmy in a tender moment
- James Dean is a leged because he died young in a car crash. Jason Priestly survived his car crash and neither his health nor his career ever recovered.
- R20 what a sweet thought...lol
Jimmy among friends
- Jimmy and loneliness
- Jimmy almost flirts Natalie or to be more correct Natalie almost flirts Jimmy
- Jimmy dissatisfied with his father
(Welcome to the club Jimmy-lol)
- Jimmy in thoughts
- Jimmy in the mirror
- Jimmy attacks to his father
(Bless your hands Jimmy, attack my father too)
- Something bad is going to happen soon
No no no no no no no!
Friends in trouble
- Friends in a mood
- 'What are we going to do?'
- It didn't have to be this way
- R1, please say you're joking.
- Lol 33!
Funny how things turn up...
- I need to go East of Eden
- Capricious James
He is very playful
- ...like a pleasant surprise
It feels good.
- Everything must change...
- How things change when...?
- Pissed off...
- ...but better days will come again
- Sounds like an obvious joke, but I was disappointed this thread wasn't actually about James Deen.
- I must work it out cause it hurts
- But you don't fool me...
- Striving again with new thoughts
- If i had more time...it doesn't matter anyway, but it did matter for a while. I love that. I keep that and i can roll on...
- Priestly is nothing. Dean had something special, which is why he became an icon. And he WAS a good actor; if he'd lived he'd have gone on to do more good work. But he was so mentally ill; it was all part of his charm I guess, like it was with Marilyn Monroe.
- I have NEVER seen a thread light up with so much yellow in my life! You must be quite a fan...
- No question! James Dean!
- There is a tv playhouse that James Dean did that showed me how great of an actor he truly was. A complete departure from the 3 movies. The show or mini movie was cheesy but he would have gone far. Before the criticism people should see everything he tried to do.
To me Jason was a poor imitation.
- This thread of course leads us into another question: "Elizabeth Taylor or Lindsay Lohan?"
- This obviously was not meant to be a James Dean tribute thread, but some Cakeboy (apparently oblivious to the reference in OP's original post?) has taken that idea and run with it.
- r6 pretty much nailed it. I was obsessed with Dean when I was in my early 20s, but it wore off to the point that now I can't even remember why I was so into him. I suppose the angst appealed to me and I liked to think I could pull it off as well as he could.
I couldn't, of course.
He always looked much, much better to me in photographs than he did in his few movies, though.
- Lol R52, i like a lot of actors and actresses.
Dean is not my favourite but as a personality he seemed enigmatic, troubled, and stubborn...so i wanted to make something out of him. :)
I also find him very attractive, he didn't have a conventional beauty.
R56 aka Murray you hurt me a bit but you are entitled to your own opinion.
- r58, if you are the one who has turned the thread into a James Dean shrine, then my comment was directed to you. But it wasn't meant to be hurtful.
Rather I was trying to point out that I don't think you grasped what the OP was doing, and I tried to word and sign my response in a way that indicates I do.
Could you be any more Clueless? (again that's intended to to along with the OP theme, not meant to be a direct insult)
- R59, no worries about my intelligence.
I read what OP asked, it's just there is not another thread yet that is named exclusively James Dean, so i had to make some room for him.
I deliberately, didn't pay attention to OP's dilemma, 'James Dean or Jason Priestley?' because i found this thought illogical. A comparison between Dean and Priestley is simply impossible, they are so different, the roles they played are completely different as well.
You were clueless about my intentions which were pure and good. Maybe you sleep with the OP?
- Marlon Brando, way hotter then both. Too bad I was not alive to appreciate it back then.
- Yes i agree, Brando was hotter and more beautiful than Jimmy. That goes without question.
Jimmy had his charm though.
- James Dean.
- Brando and Jimmy were both hot. I mean Brando was hotter, yes. But, James is in the top few of the hottie from back then.
Not in any particular order but I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed. The lot of them were more talented, charasmatic and good looking than most of what passed for hot today.
- Jason Priestly. Bigger cock, not dead.
- Jason of course!
- I don't like the number 66 so let me be 67 for this.
- I can't believe some would pick Priestly but we all have our tastes, I guess. It's what makes the world interesting.
- Because people know that the jacket was much more Priestley than Dean, R68. But it was far cooler to say it looked like something Dean would wear, and Cher didn't want to insult Christian, so of course she went with James Dean.
- *Holds hands up and backs away* Ok then.
- No contest. Dean looked weaselly. Priestly looked voluptuous.
- Jimmy's opinion
- How, precisely, was Priestly voluptuous?
- R73 hahahahahahaha!
Jimmy Dean was so handsome!!!!!!!!
- He was beautiful as a kid, wasn't he?
- James Dean, easily, in part because he looked sexually adventuresome, up for things wild and filthy.
- This is my favourite photo of Jimmy
- R76, one photo of Jimmy for you...
- Naughty Jimmy
- He had strong features. You can't forget a face like Dean's.
- I always liked this photo, NSFW.
- 'East of Eden' behind the scenes
- 'East of Eden'
James with Julie Harris
- R81 are you sure that the nude young man is James?
- I wish he had played in more movies. He was so goddamn interesting to watch.
- James with Liz in 'Giant' (behind the scenes).
A rare photo.
- r84, it hasn't been authenticated. Here's a link stating that the photo isn't him.
- R87, ok thanks for replying. It's a nice photo to watch anyway. Hehe.
- A very young Jimmy Dean
- Dean was a phenomenal actor in his day and a good looking guy. Priestly had the looks, but his acting was fairly wooden. Dean is now dead, and so is Priestly's unfortunate career. Dean was before my time but he exuded such energy. Priestly was dull as dishwater. That aside, I would have bent Priestly over in a heartbeat.
- What the fuck is he doing in this photo? Lol
- Alex haha! You horny dog!
Actually there is at least one similarity between James Dean and Jason Priestley. They were both short!
“In retrospect it seems to me that I felt by being around him something was about to happen or was already happening, but I just wasn’t smart enough to get it. He was fascinating to be with and watch. There was the way he moved. He could lift a glass of water to his mouth with an intensity and grace that made it seem he had never before touched a glass, never carried that particular weight through the air. What he said wasn’t especially smart or memorable; it was the way he said it that made it interesting, the delivery and the hand gestures. I never felt like I was a disciple and should take notes because they would be valuable someday. Nor did I realize that I was lucky to be his friend until years later when he became a legend.” -Joe Hyams (from James Dean: Little Boy Lost)
- Jason Priestly??????? Is OP serious?? Is he deaf? Is he dumb? Is he blind?? Or maybe he's just an asshole.
- One more shot of Jimmy
- R96 eek!
- JD hangin’ with the ladies
- He had built a great body for the 'Giant'
- With Elizabeth Taylor
- Jimmy and Liz from behind
- James Dean in 'Giant' with Rock Hudson in the background
- A very rare photo
James Dean, his father Winton Dean and stepmother Ethel Dean, 1950
- Jimmy behind the piano
- Jimmy Dean with his cousins in Fairmount, Indiana.
- Jimmy and cousins
- Handsome and promising...
- Hmmm...how nice!
- I think he was a good actor but he had small feet.
- Looooool R109. Yes he was 'petit'!
- I'm running out of words...
- He was bisexual...
- With his idol Marlon Brando...
- A gaze says a lot....
- Elizabeth has an eye on him...
- I think in this photo he feels a bit uncomfortable
- With sunglasses on
- James Dean was white trash rough trade.
- Monty, don't be catty! You were one of Jimmy's idols Monty. You and Marlon.
I think that when Marlon Brando went to visit Elia Kazan in 'East of Eden', James Dean was intimidated by him. Look at him. He is like a fish out of the water. Oh Jimmy!
- His mind was running...where?
- Young and gone
- He looked older than his 24 years. More like 30.
- Yeah, R125, i agree. He seemed older.
- One of James Dean's favourite books was 'Death in the Afternoon' by Ernest Hemingway. He was very impressed by this book and he liked to talk about it.
His favourite poet was James Whitecomb Riley.
I also know that one of the books he read was 'Matador' by Barnaby Conrad. John Gilmore, one of Dean's friends lend James 'Matador' because Dean liked the subject of the book. It had to do with bullfighting and James loved anything that had to do with matadors. I forgot to mention that 'Death in the Afternoon' was also about bullfighting!