- Paul Rudd got pretty fat too.
- just you op, just you
- Bobby looks like hell!
Paul can be a little chunky and still be hot imo. I'd still do him without a second thought.
Peter Facinelli isn't fat but he's put on a couple of pounds over the years. His face is far more attractive when he's skinny.
- Those pics are from 2007. Bobby looked great on Modern Family last week.
- First off, it's Bobby Cannavale.
Second, below is a photo of Bobby Cannavale at the Death of a Salesman opening on Thusday:
- Before he died, "Epstein."
The one that really shocked me is singer Matthew Sweet (who should probably change his last name to Diabetes):
- Another one who comes to mind is the once gorgeous Stephen Caffrey. I can't find a current picture, but when I saw him in "Cinema Verite," I was shocked.
- Val Kilmer, Alec Baldwin, James Spader, Shirley Knight, Marsha Mason.
- Anita Ekberg!
- Bobby Canavale looks like a thug and speaks like Sylvester Stallone after his facial muscles were paralyzed from staying in the boxing ring too long.
He has the perfect face for a mug shot.
- "Bobby Carnival takes the cake."
That'll do it to ya.
- ME! Okay I'm not a celebrity but this warm weather sure snuck up on me. How am I going to hide this body now? I hope it rains every day until I lose 20 lbs.
- Who's Bobby Carnival, and why should I care?
- Luke Wilson
- Grace Slick, Marianne Faithfull, Davy Jones (RIP)
- I only remember him as the "funky spunk" dude Samantha didn't want to blow on SATC.
Honey. They don't call it a job for nothin!
- It's so tragic. You're given the gift of being hot and you just throw it away.
Aging is no excuse to put on THAT much weight.
- Linda Ronstadt
- Jack Nicholson got really fat, too.
- Ann Wilson. I know she's in her 60s, but man, did she get huge.
- Barbara Cook
- Kevin Federline
- Molly Ringwald
- Bobby Cannavale must have some food issues. His weight goes up and down, and has for years.
- Bobby Cannavale looked pretty fit on "Modern Family"
Nathan Fillion has packed on the lbs. No way he's fitting in his Cap'n Tightpants.
- Molly girl, let me count your neck rings.
- Pierce Brosnan's wife Keely Shaye Smith owns this thread.
- Off topic, but loved seeing pic of Carol Kane in R5s link. She looks great! Always thought she was very talented. She's well-connected; why doesn't she work more?
(Watch The Mafu Cage for one of her best performances.)
- Val Kilmer owns this thread
- Kristen Johnston got fat at some point, then super slim again.
- Val Kilmer when he was smoking hot.
Nice ass at 3:17
- Too many celebrities to name here who have gotten fat over the years. Ann wilson was overweight starting in the mid 80s. That pic of bobby canavale shocked me though.
- the prize goes to Val Kilmer and Alec Baldwin. Two men considered extremely hot sex symbols. Russell Crowe would be on this list but he's been twittering his workout routines and now is somewhat slim.
- Nathan fillion sadly.
He will be Hermes on the new percy jackson movie, hope that motivate him to work out.
- Alec has lost weight because he was diagnosed as pre-diabetic.
- Kilmer looks pregnant.
- Alec is looking much better--hopefully he won't get emaciated.
- Jack Nicholson is obese these days.
- Zac Efron is getting too wide-busted.
- With Marsha Mason it isn't fat, it's booze bloat.
Why did Val Kilmer throw it all away?
- I agree, R7. But bigoted counselors rarely make it anyways.
- 40 replies and not ONE mention!
- [quote]You're given the gift of being hot and you just throw it away.
It's very hard to maintain the older you get. I think it's 90% genetics.
- "You're given the gift of being hot and you just throw it away."
Most of these people are too "old" to be considered hot here and wouldn't be considered hot even if they lost weight
- "Zac Efron is getting too wide-busted."
What does that mean? Link please.
- Why do people think that celebrities don't have the same issue with aging and weight that the rest of us do? Because they are in front of cameras??? They are people....let's see what you look like OP??
- They have the time, and the money (most of them), to work out on regular basis and to pay for personal trainers and chefs, R46.
Most people can't afford fresh, organic groceries, let alone a nutritionist who can design a diet appropriate for one's body type and age.
- [quote]It's very hard to maintain the older you get. I think it's 90% genetics.
Are those the genes that absorb fat from the air?
It's 100% what you stuff in your mouth!
- r47 As most psychologists will tell you, someone's weight is often tied into genetics and unresolved issues in their lives. Celebrites are not excluded from that.
- Carol Kane does look fabulous! She had that kind of pre-Raphaelite beauty when she was young.
- "Are those the genes that absorb fat from the air?"
Genes don't absorb fat from the air, but studies show metabolism does slow down over time.
Why do you people care if celebs gain weight? It doesn't affect your life. Look at a copy of US Weekly and you'll see articles about which stars are too thin, which stars are too fat, and which ones fall into the narrow range of what is considered "acceptable" or "hot" to some people. Like I said, most of these people are too "old" to be hot to most of you anyway and you wouldn't think they were hot even if they dieted themselves down to girl gymnast size. Seriously, why do you really care that Ann Wilson or Linda Ronstadt are fat now? They are singers, not models. A lot of opera singers are fat, no one gives a shit as long as they can sing.
- Where were all these "fat genetics" in the 1960s?
In every crowd scene picture from the era I see thin people.
- [quote]Why do you people care if celebs gain weight? It doesn't affect your life.
The bigger question is why do we care about celebs at all?
They got their "careers" by being thin and attractive and they made their fortunes off of US.
If they choose to eat their way into oblivion it's our right to point and laugh at them.
After all, we paid for all their fancy restaurants and personal chefs.
- OMG, there's going to be a new Percy Jackson movie? I thought the last one bombed because it didn't follow the book at all. I hope this one follows the book. I can't wait to see the retarded cyclops!
Sent from my iPad 3
- Spencer Pratt!!
- [quote]Why do you people care if celebs gain weight? It doesn't affect your life.
Oh yes it does! I'm hysterical with fear I might grow fat and/or age someday, and I need to externalize my dread!!
- Brenda Vaccaro and her walker.
- Christina Aguilera
- "Spencer Pratt!!"
- r53, some of these people became famous through their talent. You think the people paying to see Linda Ronstadt care that she's fat now? She makes money because she has a great voice. Most of the others in this thread hardly "ate their way to oblivion." Some of them are still famous despite gaining weight and others are just over-the-hill and would not have careers even if they got thin again. Val Kilmer is just an asshole and Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers will not change the fact that he is over.
I also wonder if some of the people here are aware that the overweight singer Adele has sold over 8 million albums in the US alone and many more millions in the UK and Europe. She sure ate her way to oblivion, didn't she?
Obsessing over people's looks or weight is a sign of some serious body image issues. Focus on your own weight. Who cares what other people weigh?
- Rob Kardashian
- R60 sure knows how to spoil a party.
- I'll kill any bitch that dares mention my name.
- Channing Tatum is another one whose weight fluctuates greatly.
- r60 = fattie
- A few male celebrities who were hot in their day, but have put on weight and have lost their looks:
Gérard Depardieu (not really hot, but oddly appealing)
- Marlon Brando is the heavyweight title holder for morphing from hot to hot mess...
- Jesus. Thank God *someone* remembered who I was.
- Aging is a bitch. For 30+ years I didn't have to do anything to stay thin and could eat whatever I wanted. No more.
- Look what happened to Luke Skywalker:
- R6 - yes, Matthew Sweet has decided to become David Crosby. Sad, as he was kinda sexy.
- R65 - cunt.
- Bobby Carnival looks like Monica in the fat suit in Friends OP. I am disturbed by him.
He looked v skinny aside the fat gay on Modern Family this week.
- Robert "Fat Bob" Smith
- Penny Marshall
- The most shocking weight gain has to be Christina Aguilera. When she first came out she was a tooth pick. WTF happened?
- Tom Welling
- [quote]"Zac Efron is getting too wide-busted." What does that mean? Link please.
Discussion of it from last summer. It's quite... um.... interesting.
- I watched Castle for the first time in a long time. Nathan Fillion looks like a fucking tank. The young chick in the show obviously has some kind of eating disorder so that probably makes Nathan look even bigger by comparison by still...
- Cannavale was just on Modern Family this week - he didn't look fat at all, just middle=aged. And that had to have been filmed late January - early Feb.
- 'Carnival' looked fucking fantastick in 'motherfucker in the hat' last year. And that's next to the perfectly shaped Elizabeth Rodriguez and Yul Vazquez.
the stage don't lie!
- r78, that thread is hilarious.
- Brendan Fraser
- Matthew Perry
- Sally Struthers owns this thread.
- r76, I think Christina's is the least shocking. Have you seen her mom? Genes can take over at anytime.
- [quote][R78], that thread is hilarious.
No kidding. The OP's quoted article about Efron was a classic:
« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »
July 29, 2011 | 4:44 pm
As evidenced in these photos Zac has deteriorated rapidly in recent times. His chest has ballooned out excessively in a short period. Although he still looks relatively good, it's clearly only a matter of time before his body betrayal wrecks his career. Seems like it was only a couple of years ago when he was widely compared to adult video actor Brent Corrigan, but as time has gone by Brent has managed to retain quite a bit of the beauty that accompanied his debut splash into America's consciousness.
Alert readers should note that in these photos Zac's legs still do look rather good. However, the dainty black shoes do nothing to highlight their alluring shape because of the lack of socks, not to mention the drain on his overall sense of testonteronaity. More than a score of aspiring boys have had their futures in film trashed because they simply had not learned the Hollywood musts, the first of which is that with shorts, wear substantial looking athletic shoes with socks, hopefully above the ankle to proportion the calves properly so they won't bulge out obscenely creating a garish big/little size contrast with the ankles.
We must however compliment Zac on one positive about which we can collectively say, about time! After what seems like years of admonishments it looks as if he's finally taken our advice and stopped applying excessive amounts of makeup and poofy prissy hair style. Alas, he does not appear to have broken the unfortunate habit of heading over to Lowes for cans of their Valspar Epidermis Orange.
Needless to say, we hope that Zac can put himself on the right path before people
- [quote]You think the people paying to see Linda Ronstadt care that she's fat now?
Those people paying to see Ronstadt would never know who she was if she started as a big fat mess.
She became a star because she could sing (as can many people) and she was HOT HOT HOT!
- Hey Linda
PUT THE FORK DOWN!
- Liz Torres. When she played a nurse in All in the Family she looked completely different from when she later appeared on John Larroquette.
- ... and Liz Torres is back to her old size again. (good for her, even if it was surgically induced)
- Zac Efron doesn't look too bad. I think the article's a little harsh even though his boobs may be too saggy in the future.
- r85, r86, r88, r89, r90, r91, would you stop talking about women!
I swear this place is becoming overrun by lesbians.
- And somehow, r93, this means that Datalounge is becoming a bad place to be? Too many women for you? Somehow women posting here brings the website down? The level of womyn-hatred at Datalounge is quite palpable - and offensive. Such hatred comes from and contributes to self-loathing within the queerdyke community.
Stop the misogyny on DL.
It's killing us.
- richard Dean Anerson..so sad..he was so hot.
- Bobby C lost about 120 pounds of cellulite a few months ago.
- Hi, MacGyver.
- Is that his wife in the photo, r97?
I don't understand Christina either. She was in Burlesque a year ago and she was sexy yet tiny.
Now she looks like a pig.
- Stop talking about women r99.
- Nothing new under the sun.
George C. Scott
- [R93]: you idiot fuckpig, how would you know the gender of an anonymous poster?
- So Zac Efron is bad now?
- Oh jeebus, the "……is killing us" troll is back.
- Gerard Depardieu.
- [quote] I watched Castle for the first time in a long time. Nathan Fillion looks like a fucking tank. The young chick in the show obviously has some kind of eating disorder so that probably makes Nathan look even bigger by comparison by still…
Here's the thing: Nathan is by no means cut and muscled…but honestly, I think something in the set or the lighting is making him look shitty on Castle, because I've seen recent footage of him on news shows and other things where he ***does not*** look as big as he does on the show.
- Linda Ronstadt.
Poor, pathetic thing. Bless her heart.
- R58: Kathleen Turner has acute rheumatoid arthritis and has had to be on heavy duty steroid treatment for the last 20+ years. The pain and mobility problems got so bad at one point in the 1990s that she was in a wheelchair and drinking heavily to just be able to get though the day. She's sober now, but that kind of chronic illness and the treatment side effects have obviously taken their toll...
- Um, Hello?!?
- Joan Blondell
Michael E. Knight
- Bobby Canivale must be stress eating to cope with haveing to look at Sutton Foster's cellulite coated thighs. (He was thin last year)
the Sutton Foster's cellulite troll
- Saw a recent video of Debelah Morgan and she got huge!
- R109, Carrie, you've lost weight! I almost didn't recognize you.
- "Um, Hello?!?"
Carrie, dear, you're so self involved, I'm surprised you didn't see your name mentioned at R84.
- Karen Carpenter. She was really ballooning before she went into retirement. Richard says she's just about back down to her ideal weight now, though, finally. She's been on some kind of die-t that has helped. Good for her.
- I thought the "Um, Hello?!?" posting was meant to indicate Carrie was no longer fat & did not deserve to be listed in this thread.
- Bronson Pinchot. He was cute and thin on Perfect Strangers but is enormous on his new home decorating show.
- R111, Bobby was thin last week. On Modern Family.
Once again the OP posted a pic with no context; it is several years old.
- Shepard Smith
- R93, this is Datalounge - not Just Us Boys. So fuck off.
- Cary Elwes
- Wow, R97. That's sad. Since he quit Stargate he's just gotten bigger and bigger.
- Cary Elwes---one of the gays?
- I've never understood why some people get so overweight. Is it overeating? Drinking?
- I don't think so, R123. I think he's been married to a woman for many years and had kids. Probably the domestic life that has fattened him up. That happens to a lot of hot straight guys.
- r107, r108, r109, r112, r113, r114, r115, r116 would you stop talking about women!
I swear this place is becoming overrun by lesbians.
- [quote]So Zac Efron is bad now?
According to the article in r78 he's getting too wide-busted.
- Zac Efron would be one of the last people I'd consider fat. He has put on muscle so that he doesn't look like a total twink anymore, but he's pretty fit and toned. Don't know how anyone can call him fat.
- R111 he hasn't seen that cellulite-stravagnaza since early December.
- Bobby and Sutton broke up?!? I'm so happy for him.
- [quote]Don't know how anyone can call him fat.
Not fat exactly, but that article referenced in r78 said he's gotten the sags in the boobs.
- That doesn't mean it is correct, R131
- Did you look at the pics r132? In the first one he looks great, but the 2nd one with his shirt off definitely shows the pecs hanging down.
- it's strange that Cary Elwes never appears to have bothered to just slim down a bit, because he's not *fat* so much as chubby. if he lost 15 lbs he could be hot again but since the early 90's he's apparently been content to just look average and nondescript. nice to hear that he's had a lasting marriage and seems to be leading a balanced, happy life though.
- Looks like Cary Elwes is happy to do B-movies like "Saw IV" and not much else.
- Is that really Carrie Fisher at r113? How much fucking surgery has she had?
Also Nathan Fillion ATE this thread.
- Thanks R106. I've seen Nathan on talk shows etc, and he does look much better on them than he does on Castle. He's still super cute and I would fuck him in a heartbeat.
- RE 134 Those pics look like son, and father. He was beautiful in " Another Country" with Rupert . They both were. Now Rupert's screwed up his face, for good. Think they ever see eah other, and go ' Jesus, what did he do to himself ?'
- Zac Efron is getting too wide-busted.
What is wide-busted?
- That LeAnn Rimes-Cibrian chick is getting a little porky. I hope she reads this anonymous message and it spurs her to drop a good 15 or 20 lbs.
- Most men hit 35-40 and put on an extra 20-30 pounds which I like to call "daddy fat". Luke Wilson is the perfect example. Thats when the asses get really plump and wide.
- I agree with R82, the thread in R78's link is good for a laugh.
- Bobby's Wiki entry.
- Have you bitches forgotten me?
- Yes r144.
- Are we supposed to believe O ever had a stomach like that?
- [quote]Why do you people care if celebs gain weight? It doesn't affect your life.
Ur, this is a gossip board.
And being fat is obviously affecting your life: You've become very defensive.
- It's not acceptable, R141. Actors are supposed to keep themselves in better shape than that.
- R148: I don't even think it is OK for non-actors to put on that much weight.
But if you make your living from how you look, it's really lazy and stupid.
- Axle Rose
- Alfonso Ribeiro was a Broadway dancer, now he is FAT!!!!!!!!
Yes, even with his being fat and straight I would still do him.
- Being hot is not a gift. It is just the way some people were born and part of that is what happens when we age, especially women. The hormones go out of alignment and women gain weight, some more than others. And so what. Who gives a hoot. Why do you care? It's none of your business. You may suffer the same fate as you get older, so don't be so quick to throw stones.
- A lot of straight guys just let themselves go once they're married with kids and settled into domestic life. I'm Facebook friends with a lot of straight guys I went to high school and college with and it's almost shocking how different they look just 10-15 years later. They were super-hot and seemingly overnight they gained a shitton of weight and totally let themselves go. And they're not even older men - all of them are still in their 30's; yet many of them look middle-aged already.
- WHO THE FUCK KEEPS BUMPING THESE OLD THREADS?????
- Peter Gabriel
- Yetti (khloe) Kardashian.. it can get as much lipo as it likes... her arse is as wide as the day is long..
- Sissy Missy
- Shelly Winters!
- Jeff Speakman from this:
- To this:
- Gil Gerard from this
- To this
- Kathleen Turner, Lanie Kazan, Kirstie Alley
- Arnaldo Santana who played the hot, muscular actor in cruising. He gained like 100lbs.Trivia:
Acting career took a nose-dive when the handsome, muscular Santana gained over 100 pounds and became a heavy-set character actor.
- Kathleen Turner was so gorgeous.
- Awww. He looks cute R162. Santa in his beardless off-season.
- Only Chicago Dataloungers will know who I'm talking about but Svengoolie was hospitalized from a heart attack today.
- r167, that's sad ... sadder still if he wound up in a suburban hospital.
- Pierce Broson and his wife.
- Aretha has dropped some weight.
But she still looks like she would drop three pounds every time she farts.
- R23 Molly was never really fat, and she's dropped some weight.
- William Shatner.
- Steven Segal.
- Liz Torres was on Melba Moore's short-lived variety show before she was on "Archie's Place".
This is what she looked like back then. I remember Liz as tall and lanky!
I cannot believe how fat she got, she didn't seem to have the type body structure to become obese. Sure everyone gains even 20-30 pounds as they age, but Liz became obese!
- Another old pic of Liz.
- Definitely Steven Seagal. Coincidentally, I was channel surfing half an hour ago and saw some recent movie of his. He bloated into such a fat, hippopotamic lardass it actually took me a minute or so to recognize him.
- [quote]Aretha has dropped some weight. But she still looks like she would drop three pounds every time she farts.
Gladys, honey, the last time Auntie Ree farted, there was a tornado in all the surrounding states, so it's safer for Ree Ree to hold it in.
- Ann Sothern. I was absolutely shocked when I saw her in an old movie. Man that woman had some really dangerous curves. I'd only seen her on reruns of Susie and her own show.
She was one beautiful lady.
Also Delta Burke who pretty much mirrored Ann Sothern's careers
- Paul Rudd is fat....MOOOOVE over buddy
- Get well soon, Svengoolie!
- Brando is the winner here. Sexiest man of all time to Jabba the hutt.
Oprah and Kirstie are boring because they fluctuated so many times that no one cares about their weight issues.
But Gil Gerard was the most shocking for me. Talk about letting yourself go. He wasn't much of an actor. It was his looks and charisma and when he got fat, well, that was the end of his career.
- Did anyone see the Buck Rogers web series that had Gil and Erin Gray playing Buck's parents?
- r174 so was the fat lady on Two and a half men. She was a hooker once
- Remember the episode of Designing Women where Delta Jerk went to her high school 15th reunion (really who has a 15th reunion) and everyone called her a cow.
Then they gave her an award for most changed and allowed Delta to give a half hour speech to accept it.
- Or the one where the starving African boy reveals that obese women are the gorgeous ones in Somalia.
- [quote]Zac Efron is getting too wide-busted.
I associate wide-busted with a bad boob job. The implants jut out to the side, sometimes obscuring half the arm.
- Does anyone have pics of Delta Burke slim? Even on the first season of Designing Women, she was going from voluptuous to zaftig.
- young Delta
- R188 - Thanks! Delta was gorgeous!
- Young Delta reminds me of Mila Kunis.
- Delta was prettier than Mila.
- Delta Burke was gorgeous heavy too. BTW I did read she used to starve herself to stay thin. I think she is naturally inclined to be curvy not skinny.
- Kathleen Turner
- R192 - She was gorgeous the first couple of seasons of Designing Women, but she was more than curvy then.
- Delta actually made her breakthrough on HBO's First and Ten and she wasn't zeitgeist at all on that program but was still beauty pageant constestant trim.
- R195 - The word is zaftig.
- Rob Reiner and Sally Struthers.
- Sadly, I just saw Rickie Lee Jones wobbling down the street.
- Richard Dean Anderson..what a mess! He was so hot up into his mid 50's.
- What do you consider fat. 10 lbs overweight, 20, 30, what is considered fat. I think that if people who are smaller than Marilyn Monroe was when she was alive, she was a size 12, are anorexic or maybe into crystal meth. It's really unhealthy if you're too skinny.
- Why are so many gay men obsessed with weight and age? It's sickening and stereotypical. Who in the fuck cares if a famous person gained weight or aged? Does that make them a worse person? How in the hell does this directly affect you personally? Don't you have better things to discuss?
- Marilyn Monroe was NOT a size 12. This is one of those silly internet-propagated myths that got co-opted by the fat acceptance movement. It was Marilyn's proportions that made her look voluptuous. Her natural curvaceousness was enhanced by the corsetry and undergarments she wore underneath her costumes.
Actually I can't think of any postwar period Hollywood leading lady who was anywhere near a modern size 12-- such a person would have found herself unemployable outside of character roles.
In any event it's difficult to translate clothing sizes from 'vintage' to contemporary. Sizes have changed drastically since Monroe's day. Her dress measurements are probably available somewhere online and you can extrapolate from those that she would not wear a modern size 12 (US) dress.
- Aguilera really was looking like a pig there for a while. She's slimmed down since she's upped her coke intake and she looks pretty good now.
- Gil Gerard talked about going to Overeaters Anonymous like, 20 or more years ago, so it's a lifelong thing with him.
How the hell hasn't Ken Wahl been discussed? Hot as fuck, to fat, fat, fat.
- What? No George Eads...
or is Mr. Eats not worth mentioning anymore?
- Calista Flockhart.
- R-201 here. I think it's great, R-206 that you take care of your health. Congratulations; more people should follow your example.
My comment was aimed at the shallow, self-important face and body fascists. They only care about how a person looks. They don't give a flying fuck about person's health - it's all about appearance. As for a beautiful personality, forget that, too. As Joan Rivers aptly said: "If a man wants inner beauty, he'll take x-rays."
The ultimate irony is that these same fascists, in the end, turn into their own worst nightmare - ugliness. They try to turn back the clock and become hideous caricatures their younger selves. Prime example - Mike Jeffries - CEO of Abercombrie and Fitch.
Sadly, the later years do not bring a depth of wisdom and maturity. They remain as shallow and immature at 65 as they were at age 20.