- Jess - swoon.
- There is not now nor has there ever been as smartly written a show with teen appeal. I am looking forward to Amy Sherman-Palladino's new show on ABC Family.
- Dean looks like a caveman.
- Colin McCrae
- Who's that, R5?
- He was at Yale.
- Watching it now - 1st season - with Thai food and a Diet Coke. AHHHH.
- I loved GG.
- I also loved the show. Great dialogue, and Lauren Graham was incredibly hot as Lorelai.
- I loved the show, but just kept waiting for the moment when Lorelai and her mom would just work it all out and forgive each other for the past.
I also thought that Christopher got screwed in the end. It was a horrible way for his character to go out.
- Thought it was overrated. The characters had no development because the writers gave them the same identical dialogue. After each witty retort, you have expected them to turn to the camera and wink.
The one thing GG hinted at but missed was putting Lorelei together with Dean.
- I agree with r12. After hearing so many fantastic things about GG - all the "best" lists it has made - I shut it off not even half way though the pilot. My disbelief was not suspended but I might give it another go, not expecting it to be like real life I guess.
- OP, for great writing in a tv show I like to watch box sets of Cheers and Northern Exposure for a laugh / pick-me-up. You can watch all of the Cheers (or other show) episodes for free in HD over at Amazon if you have Amazon Prime, or by signing up for the trial period then cancelling before one month is up.
if you like GG, you might like NE
- [quote]Great dialogue,
-Did you buy milk?
-Do we need milk?
-Would I ask if you bought milk if we didn't need any?
-Would I ask if we need milk if I was aware that we did?
-So you DIDN'T buy milk?
-Did I say I didn't?
-You implied it.
-By not answering me when I asked if you bought milk.
-So not answering 'implies' no?
-What else could it imply?
-It could imply many things.
-Name them. All of them.
-Okay I will...
- GG reminded me of the "Dick Cavett Show". They had to throw in every literary and pop culture reference they could to show how oh-so-hip they were. I liked Lauren Graham and Kelly Bishop but Alexis Bledel was terrible. If you saw her in "Sin City", it's obvious the girl has a reality series in her future.
- Norman Mailer was on a season 5 episode. Amazing.
- In fact, he was in an episode entitled "Norman Mailer, I'm Pregnant."
I loved the early seasons of the show, but hated what it had morphed into by the end.
The Voice of the Night
- The head writer for GG is the same writer for Californication. Both series have that same self concious "witty" banter.
- I think it had some rough patches in the last couple of seasons but overall it did well even then.
Melissa was wonderful in her interactions with Mailer.
- I just fucking hated Lorelei with Luke, and I though that diminished her character so much. Especially when they added that goddamn kid.
And to me, the truly interesting family dynamic was the one between Lorelei and Emily, and there was less and less of that as time went on.
The Voice of the Night
- College was rough?
In olden days, there was a talking Barbie doll who announced, "Gee, math is hard!"
- I liked L and L, more so than her with Christopher. The kid was too Cousin Oliver, but the mom (played by Sherilyn Fenn) was a great role.
- Marty was so much cuter than Logan.
- Did they ever say who the father of Rory was?
- dUH. Christoher was Rory's dad.
- Christopher, R25. It was never a secret.
- Oh, Ok Thanks I didn't know.
- Kelly Bishop was fabulous as Emily Gilmore. Hers was consistently the best performance in the show.
- Agree R29.
- Without Paris, no one would have gave a damn about Rory's Chilton and Yale escapades. Man, how did Alexis Bledel manage to get cast for this role?
- I thought Bishop was great but Emily was Sheila Bryant, which is the only character Bishop can play. See her try different characters in "Unmarried Woman" or "Dirty Dancing" and she is so unimpressive as to be invisible.
Bledel is just hopeless.
- [quote]Man, how did Alexis Bledel manage to get cast for this role?
There was the not-inconsiderable fact that she and Lauren Graham really looked like mother and daughter.
The WB actually forced the show to be neutered a bit in its first season. As originally conceived, Sookie was a lesbian and Luke was a woman.
The Voice of the Night
- Gilmore Girls at its best. Watch this and you don't need more.
- R31, I loved Paris. Had a huge crush on her.
- Sookie was conceived as a lesbian in the pilot, it just never comes up. She had a throwaway line in the second episode, during the cat funeral, about going back home to her girlfriend and the network said NUH UH. And so Sookie was no longer a lesbian.
Alexis had very large breasts and they were more or less strapped down to make them less prominent.
Milo had the costume dept take in his wardrobe to make it form fitting, a trick Alexis eventually picked up.
When he wasn't wearing a cap, Scott Patterson was wearing a hairpiece.
Lauren and Scott indeed did not like each other, for unimportant reasons which become magnified after years and years of close proximity.
Lauren ate very little food.
Kelly Bishop was not very nice! Wow.
The actors, especially Lauren, often had their sides (small printouts of the scenes being shot that day) on set during takes, due to the difficulty of learning 80+ page long scripts (an hour long is usually 55-60 pages). If you look closely, you can often spot these stapled-together half-sheets on the counter at Luke's or on their dinner plates at Friday night dinner. Many actors on TV do this, actually.
I can't think of anything else off the top of my head but I will post again if I do.
- Alexis did not have large boobs. She did have a comparatively large bottom. Liza Weil (Paris) had large boobs.
It was clear that Lauren and Scott didn't like each other.
- GREAT info, r36!
Can you think of any examples of Kelly Bishop's cuntiness?
And what were the original unimportant reasons for Lauren and Scott not liking each other?
- love the inside info!
- Alexis' boobs looked pretty damn huge to me. But she had a thin frame. Liza's boobs were probably larger but they were more pendulous. They did a good job of covering them up too.
I have read about situations where fans think actors on shows are being given diverging storylines to keep them apart, but this was indeed the case with Lauren and Scott. I know she really, really liked Chris Eigeman and they became friends through the show. She also liked the guy who played Christopher, which wasn't the reason he was brought back, but it certainly was a bonus. Lauren wasn't a saint, but she was no worse behaved than you or I would be with that pressure and attention, in my opinion.
Kelly was very, very rude to one of the guest directors, I recall. But in a pretty flip way. I mean, don't believe the gossip, stunts on set are very, very rare in TV.
In terms of Lauren and Scott, I think it's the case of him being a guy she could be polite to at a cocktail party and then never want to see again, and then forcing him to be her love interest for seven seasons. This is a woman who hangs out with Matthew Perry. Scott is a former ball player. I really don't remember a specific incident. You can certainly notice that every shot of them kissing is long, and boy does Luke have a lot of relatives to keep him busy and in different scenes than Lauren.
Sean Gunn is one of the most naturally funny people I have ever met. I really think it's a shock he isn't a star by now. I am not sure if it reads on camera, I haven't watched the show in forever, but I remember him having a very weird distended belly even though he was quite thin.
None of the actors had the power to approve or reject storylines -- even Lauren -- but Yanic would have had a larger role had he allowed them to make Michel gay.
Matt Czuchry certainly was nice, but talking to him was like talking to Patrick Bateman. Very hollow, polite, phony upbeat.
Any other questions?
- R40, Kirk was one of the most annoying and needless characters ever written. I don't think that was Sean's fault, but from the writing.
- What was Jared Padalecki like, Miss Patty?
And did he often wear flip-flops to the set??
- Jared is one of the rare examples of an actor I think looks better in person than on camera. He is very tall, and I remember he's a "big Bordeaux fan." Not a lot else to report.
- Anything else about Liza Weil?
- Liza was a lot of fun, a good drinker, and nothing like Paris. I wouldn't call her a free spirit, but it doesn't seem fair to say she was more "laid back." Anyone is more laid 1back than Paris. Her boobs were very prominent out of character!
- Hi Miss Patty,
Could you tell us anything about where Gilmore Girls was filmed? I loved the quaint look of Stars Hollow, although I'm sure it just some lot in Hollywood.
- ^ it's...oh, dear.
- Gilmore was filmed on the small town backlot at Warner Bros, which I believe is now used on Heart of Dixie and in lots of movies. The gazebo is the giveaway (as well as the hills of Burbank in the background).
- Anyone besides Liza a good drinker, Miss Patty? Love the info. you have.
- I'm with the thumbs down crowd on this. It was self-conscious and annoying. Had a very fake look and feel to it. No depth. Compare it to Once & Again and you're comparing New York to Cleveland. Even the first two seasons of Felicity was a LOT better than this.
[quote]Kelly Bishop was fabulous as Emily Gilmore. Hers was consistently the best performance in the show.
Consistent, yes. The same note over and over again.
This was a show for fraus to watch with their daughters and young gays from Cleveland to watch with their older sisters.
- They did manage one brilliant moment in one of the final seasons (the points where Lorelei and Rory weren't speaking to each other because Rory had dropped out of college), where, on Rory's 21st birthday, she dreamed Madeleine Albright was Lorelei, and so you have the surreal sight of a former Secretary of State recounting being in labor.
The Voice of the Night
- Alexis really looks better with bangs.
- was Scott P. really such a prick? Good body, though.
- I guess I'm the only one who liked Alexis Bliedel?
- I like her more, R54.
- Fucking racist piece of shit show which went out of its way to exclude Black actors.
- Seriously r56? Looks like they went out of their way to have a black guy as Michel.
- LG's high school pic
- Here's an early appearance by Lauren Graham in Caroline in the City, playing Richard's ditzy gf.
- And another
- What was the deal with Milo Ventimiglia and Alexis Bledel? There are rumors that he abused her. Any info on this? Also read rumors he is a closet case, any truth to that?
- I don't think Milo abused Alexis. There's rumors of him abusing Hayden.
- I first remeber seeing Lauren Graham on Newsradio as the efficiency expert.
You have the URL in the author field.
Lauren was very good in that role, though her presence caused some angst amongst the NewsRado staff.
- I know, too bad we can't fix posts.
I can see why, she was so funny in that role.
- You could just repost the link.
I agree - Lauten was very funny as the efficiency expert. I thought she and Maura interacted very well.
- Really R62? I have never heard about the Hayden abuse rumors. I always thought that relationship between Milo and Hayden looked more like a publicity stunt.
There are rumors that Milo abused Alexis but who knows. Something must have happened because they were dating for 4 years then it ended pretty abruptly and you did not hear anything about that relationship from either of them. They had both gushed about the relationship previously. I also heard rumors that he cheated on Alexis. Who knows.
Anybody have any real dirt about this on here?
- i loved the show when i watched it the first time around. tried it again a couple of years later...and all i wanted was to punch those bitches in the throat so they would SHUT THE FUCK UP already. i'd kill myself if i had to spend the rest of my days with one of them...and i'm lesbian.
- Very good show for most of its run. Then when Amy Sherman Palladino left, it crashed. It was already getting long in the tooth, but it could not survive the loss of ASP. There were already a few stories that didn't fit the characters. I really hated Logan toward the end, but not as badly as I hated Jess. I never understood either character's appeal.
- Are you kidding me R69? Jess was the best part of that show. After he left, the show was never the same. The guys who played Dean and Logan were horrible actors and they both had zero chemistry with Alexis Bledel.
I agree that when Sherman-Palladino left, that show became awful.
- Didn't DL have an interesting behind the scenes thread at one point? I think it was shut down at one of the new show runners' request
- Lauren Graham and Scott Patterson didn't get along at all.
I think there was an 'incident' between them that caused production to be shut down.
- Sorry R70, but I just couldn't stand Jess. Most people I know hated his character. I'm not saying Dean was great, and I already wrote that Logan was bad. I guess I never liked any of Rory's boyfriends.
Oh well, at least we agree about ASP!
- Miss Patty, Lauren is gay, right?
- Seasons 6 and 7 weren't the best, but they were good.
Why Liza Weil (Paris) did not become a bigger star?
- Jess is for those stupid fangurlz who believe the bad boy with the heart of gold really exists. You'll see them daily on "Judge Judy." They've gained 100 pounds and are suing "Jess" for the money they've loaned him.
Dean was perfect for Lorelei. That would have been the story to run with, not Dean/Rory part 2.
- The grandparents were my favorite characters
- Dean was boring and not all that bright, R76.
- R78 I agree with you, Dean was as dumb as a brick and his storyline was boring. Also, he could not act his way out of a paper bag. Terrible actor/character.
Jess was the typical bad boy and probably a terrible match for Rory as well, but at least Jess and Rory (or the actors who played them) had chemistry. Rory had no chemistry with Dean or Logan.
- R73, for me Jess was the best. Cute as a button even though he was bad news for Rory! You could at least see some chemistry with those two actors (Alexis and Milo.)
But each to his or her own I suppose. :)
- R72, what type of "incident" occurred between Scott and Lauren to shut down production? What was the problem between them?
- I loved that Sherilyn Fenn played Jess's mother.
- I hate that show with a passion. That Alexis Bledel character hollier than thou shit is annoying and the wannabe cool mum with rich parents yet she dresses shit and has an average house.
- R83 - Rory was not holier than thou. Lorelai was estranged from her parents for 15 years. She only came to them to get money so Rory could go to a private school. She worked her way up from maid to inn manager and then finally owner.
- I stopped watching the last season because they fucked it up so bad, especially the reunion with Christopher which should have been handled a different way.
But the one thing I wanted from the show was for Emily and Lorelai to sit and work out their problems and they never did. Lorelai never owned up to her mistakes in the situation.
- "Lorelai never owned up to her mistakes in the situation."
Neither did Emily, R85
- The burden was on Lorelai, R86. She was the emotional center of the show.
- R87 - The burden was on both of them.
- R84 I don't like such shows in Wich the main characters are made out to be so good, most ppl with rich parents would not work at an inn and she didn't have the mannerism of a person who grew up rich. Rory to me comes over like a passive aggressive bitch. I just really don't like that show, there's only one show I liked less and that's 7th heaven.
- R89 - the mannerisms of someone who had grown up rich? What do you mean by that? She rebelled against the trappings of wealth. She was determined to make it on her own. That's admirable.
- R90 admirable maybe, my point is exactly that though that she is made out to good to be true. There's no need for that, plus I don't think your a bette person if you refuse your family's wealth. It's just very naive and poor attempt to make her likeable tho obv it did work.
- Emily's mistake was that she embarrassed that her 15 year old daughter was pregnant because she was a snob. You could tell that she regretted all of that, Lorelai would never admit that Emily was trying.
- The burden was on Lorelai, [R86]. She was the emotional center of the show.
- Just skip the Cousin Oliver episodes AKA April.
- April wasn't too bad. And it allowed Ms. Fenn to come back to the show.
- Leave Dean alone!! He was supposed to be boring and safe and a sensible choice for Rory.
Jess was a dick and of course, Rory would be attracted to the bad boy.
- April was horrible and always cited as the jump the shark moment in the show. She was ugly as sin too. R95, are you the Gilmore Girls insider who got pissy back in the day when the show was still on the air and we had a DL thread about it and threw a fit whenever someone inevitably bitched about Cousin Oliver April?
- I'm not defending April, nor am I the insider. April wasn't good, but she was not on that much.And as I said, Ms Fenn was wonderful as her mother.
- The actress who played April was on an episode of Parenthood, as a girl friend of the son of Lauren Graham's character. She went from awkward to zaftig- talk about huge boobs!
Sherilynn Fenn played both April's mom and Jess's father's hippie girlfriend in San Fran.
- [quote]Sherilynn Fenn played both April's mom and Jess's father's hippie girlfriend in San Fran.
No shit. I don't understand why some people have to waste time stating the obvious.
- R99 - that's not uncommon for child stars.
- I know real Gilmore Girls insiders have posted on this thread and elsewhere on the DL over the years. Take it as you will. And, maybe if you're nice, some questions can be answered. But warning: answers are usually disappointing.
- Dean was actually very smart in the first season. If you'll recall, it was his knowledge of Ruth Gordon in "Rosemary's Baby" that intrigued Rory. They took those elements away from him to give to Jess, since there wasn't anything else to give him when they decided he'd be a regular.
Lorelei already had her bad boy, twice in Christopher so it would make sense that Rory would make the same mistake.
- Someone did a poll many years ago and it seemed that the Jess/Dean supporters were almost divided entirely along age lines. Younger viewers saw Jess as exciting and older viewers had had their Jesses and wanted the stability of Dean.
- I get the point of other posters that Jess was the bad boy and young women, particularly adolescent girls, find that attractive. But Jess was the lamest bad boy ever.
- R103 - "Dean was actually very smart in the first season. If you'll recall, it was his knowledge of Ruth Gordon in "Rosemary's Baby" that intrigued Rory"
Interesting. I never saw the season 1 episodes. Dean was dumbed down by seasons 2 and 3.
- It was soooo talky. Yap yap yap yap yap. And most of the "witty" references quipped by the younger cast members was too old for the mom even, unless she's in her late 50s.
But it makes good "background" tv.
- I enjoyed the witty fast talk.
- R105 Dean was the lamest by far. I think Jess was much more popular with tv viewers than Dean ever was. Dean was a stiff plain and simple. Boring character and zero chemistry with Rory,whereas Jess had tons of chemistry with Rory. The show was never as good when the character Jess was written off.
- The only performer I thought had any chemistry with the very wooden Bledel was Chad Michael Murray, who was quickly snatched up by the WB machine.
Jess was a stupid thug that they tried to redeem by making him book smart. It wasn't a great message but then, that was the point of the show.
- R110 do you think Liza Weil (Paris) would have made a better Rory?
It was between Liza and Alexis for the part of Rory.
- Liza Weil looked way too old for the role of Rory (or Paris). By their senior year of high school, it was ridiculous that Weil was supposed to be 17/18. Had she been cast as Rory we'd have been reminded constantly of how old she looked. At least as Paris, we didn't see her all the time and had less time to think about how old she looked.
- Liza didn't look like she could be Lauren Graham's daughter. I think she's a much better actor.
- R109, Jess did not have "tons of chemistry with Rory." What the hell show were you watching? And I wrote that Jess was the lamest bad boy ever. Dean wasn't supposed to be a bad boy. So whether Dean was lame or not doesn't have anything to do with Jess being a lame attempt at a bad boy character.
- R111 Liza Weil as Rory? She was too ugly to be cast as Rory. She is a better actress than Bledel is but she is not attractive enough to be a lead in a tv show, at least not in the capacity that Rory's character was in that show.
- R114, yes Jess did have a lot of chemistry with Rory and he was not the lamest bad boy ever. That is your opinion but it is not the majority opinion. Jess's character was the one who was supposed to get a spin-off show but it never got off the ground. What does that tell you about the popularity of Jess' character?
Now chill out, people are entitled to have different opinions.
- R115 - I wouldn't call Liza ugly. She wasn't as pretty as Alexis, but she wasn't ugly.
- I hate saying this because I like the actress but she was a bit oafish
- Liza had a recurring role on Scandal.
She got a little chunky during the latter seasons of GG, but she was slim at the start.
- Looks like Liza is still very chunky. I still love her though.
- Liza lost a good deal of weight.
- Oh and the mom, not the grandmother, character was insufferable - so self-involved and overbearing.
- I wanted Luke in me very, very deeply.
To each their own, but I laughed out loud as I read through R15's post. Yes I loved Gilmore Girls.
- R15 - good job!
- I agree, R15 was great! But that's why I loved GG. Those silly diatribes were refreshing.
- I couldn't see anyone but Lauren as the lead.
- She may have lost weight R127 but in those clips she is still chunky. Nothing wrong with that, though.
- Liza didn't look at all like a Gilmore and the Bledel/Graham/Bishop link made it work. Bledel was such a dreadful actress that she made it tough to work up any feeling for the character. Her performance in "Sin City" was a disgrace.
Kristin Bell might have made a good Rory, even though she too didn't look like a Gilmore.
- Kelly Bishop deserved an Emmy for her work on GG
- They should of had Jenna Elfman as Lorelei and Liza Weil as Rory, maybe Loni Anderson as Emily.
Would that work?
- Linda Lavin would have been a great Emily Gilmore.
- I love Kelly Bishop but she goes back to that same tired old Sheila Bryant act in everything she does. She's even Sheila on Bunheads.
- MadTV's Gabmore Girls
- It is better to be type-cast, then not cast at all.
- Jenna Elfman, who starred with Lauren and Molly Ringwald in Townies, would not have been good in the role. It was Lauren's.
- [quote]They should of
Oh dear. We have a dumbass at R131.
- Lauren looked the same or younger by the final season as she had the first.
- I thought Lauren looked great every season, including the final season. But younger? No.
- Maybe not younger, but she hardly aged.
- New pics of Alexis. She still looks young.
- ahh gosh thinking about Gilmore Girls makes me yearn for the simple days of college life,
My friends and I would gather in the common room and watch it every Tuesday night when this came on.
- Another recent Alexis pic
- Alexis has a pilot
- Unwatchable. The whole thing seemed pretty unbelieveable and the dialogue was moronic. The tribulations of rich people--snore.
- R145 - They weren't rich.
- R145: I suspect your opinions might bore be if they ever mattered.
- The hefty cafe guy whom Lorelai seemed to have a crush on, well he was hot.
What was his name again?
- Luke... Scott Patterson R148
- I'm watching the series now. On season one.
- What do you think R150?
- R150, I really like it.
I love Lorelai. I love the dialogue. Rory can be annoying.
- The Rory problem is because of Alexis. I think she gets better as the series progresses.
- Season 2 is dull, but Jess just showed up and he is cayoot!
- Luke pushed Jess into the lake. Ha!
Jess is really cute. I prefer this Milo to the current overly muscular Milo. Though Heroes-era was his hottest.
- Jess was a lot more interesting than Dean or the other guy from Chilton.
- Lane's character is pointless.
- This is the second fucking GG thread that got bumped from oblivion. There's no movie, no new shows, just reruns on Soap Network. That should tell you something about the show's audience right there.
- This thread wasn't bumped from oblivion. It has been going at a slow and steady pace since it was first posted.
- Jess hates Ayn Rand.
I love Jess.
- Did you get to the part with Sherilyn Fenn playing the wife of Jess's father?
- Not yet, R161. Jess just bought Rory's picnic basket. She's with Dean, but he's boring.
- lol r15
- Dean is so boring.
What do you think of Paris?
- Paris is funny, but in real life I'd have slapped the bitch several times by now if I were Rory.
- Love Paris, but I'd never want to interact with her.
I always thought there might have been something going on with Lorelai and Dean. That would have been a storyline.
- I wouldn't want to deal with Paris, but she's fascinating to watch. Liza Weil is underappeciated.
- I always thought Paris was a latent lesbian.
- Paris DID have a thing for Tristan, who resembled a young Ellen Degeneres.
- Liza Weil (paris) in Binheads (GG 2.0)
- Rory's at Yale now and got a hideous haircut. Jess is gone but stupid Dean is still here? Not sure how I'm going to like season 4
- I liked Rory's shorter hair.
- [quote]Are there any shows like this on air today?
If you're into shows about obnoxious bitches with arrested development who talk too much, I suggest you check out the following:
Two Broke Girls
Parks and Rec
The Good Wife
Keeping Up With the Kardashians
- The actress who played Paris was waaaay to old for the role. She looked middle aged. Thirties at least.
- R174 - Liza Weil looks older, but not 30s.
- Watching the later seasons and I'm struck by how much Logan reminds me of Billy Bush.
- The actor who played Logan was super hot and naked in I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell. He plays that creep Tucker Max.
- R176 I don't see it.
- They should have done more with Wayne Wilcox, the guy who played Marty.
- Marty was boring,
- I never understood the Luke and Lorelai thing , Lorelai and Christopher were way better suited for each other. And I hated the way Lorelai acted like an overgrown teenager all the time. Rory was the adult in that mother daughter relationship. Dean was boring , Jess was too full of himself , Logan was perfect.
I thought Logan was annoying.
- I haven't gotten to Logan yet. Right now there's a Marty. He's pretty much non-existent though.
Jason or Digger or whatever is the worst.
- Do you guys think Kirk has a big penis? Lol
I know his brother James Gunn has a small dick.
- I liked Digger for some reason.
Not a Digger fan but I did really like the episode where they have their first date.
- Digger had the advantage of being neither Luke nor Chris.
- And how do we feel about Max?
- I remember watching Gilmore Girls while I was at college. Why are we talking about it, is it returning on the air??
I stopped watching when Rory went away for college, the show went downhill from there.
Also the non stop unecessary chatter between Rory and her mom bugged the shit out of me.
- The early college years were pretty good. Rory's crisis of confidence and rebellion was interesting.
- Logan is basically Tristan, right?
- Paris belongs on Designing Women.
- Yes, R192
I'd love to see Liza Weil in a comedy like DW or Golden Girls.
Yes, just way less attractive... And considering Tristian wasn't well... that says it all.
- This spoof of GG is spot on.
- Alexis Bledel really got pretty in Season 5.
- R189, agreed, the whole Yale thing was annoying, they would never say "Rory is going back to college tomorrow" it was always "Rory is going back to Yale."
The whole kitschy small town setting got tired after about three seasons, it just started to seem like the same jokes were being repeated over and over.
- They should have done a spin off with Paris moving in with Emily. That would have been awesome.
- R16- is that when she started wearing bangs?
- Yeah, around that time, R199.
This Luke and Lorelai shit is starting to bug me in Season 6. It's obvious they're not getting married. What a waste of 3 seasons.
Should I even bother with season 7, because I'm going o be seriously annoyed if they don't end up together?
Logan is insufferable. Paris has overstayed her welcome. Lane and the band shit is pointless, though I LOVE Mrs. Kim.
Rory has grown up to be a beautiful cunt.
- You should watch season 7. It's better than 6.
- Anna is a major bitch. Wow
Any chance she dies in a fire or gets decapitated or something?
- Is it wrong that I wanted Luke to just use me? I mean, nasty, nasty sex. It's the only reason I watched to show. To just stare at him.
- Anna is a major bitch, but I loved how Sherilyn played her.
I hated Christopher.
There seemed to be nothing sexual about Luke at all. And he always came across as like too lazy to even have sex.
- Do you think Lorelai sucked Luke's dick? Do you think she swallowed?
Do you think Luke and Lorelai ever had anal sex?
What do you think about Rory? Do you think she and Logan did anal?
- Oh, R205, I don't know. He seems like he'd throw a mean fuck. You'd just have to piss him off first.
- Rory and Logan did anal. Lor and Luke did not.
I still don't think so. He looks the type to withhold sex when he's pissed off.
R208 is right. Rory and Logan did anal. Luke and Lor did not.
Luke and Jess however, did.
Jess had to pay his room and board somehow.
- [quote]Jess had to pay his room and board somehow.
I agree that Luke and Jess probably did have anal sex, I really dn't think it was done as any form of payment.
Ig you remember in the Season 6 episode (maybe the 18th episode?) when Luke and Rory go visit Jess at his bookstore. Jess gives Luke a check and says it's for all he did for him.
- My apologies, I'm wasted.
Well, maybe some other poster here was right and Luke did throw a mean fuck and Jess, although had to pay for his room and board with his ass, thought the sex was so hot and enjoyed it so much, he never really paid up so cash was the way to go.
- I thought both Lauren and Alexis looked their best in the last season.
- Another pic
- Alexis looked best season 6. Great new bangs and a stellar wardrobe. Her hair was slightly better in Season 7, but the wardeobe took a nosedive.
I agree that Lauren looked her best in Season 7. Her body was better in season 6, but her hair and just overall she looked better in Season 7.
- Well, I'm going to continue to fantasize that Luke will throw a mean fuck, then cook me eggs in the morning.
- R215 - You might be right about Alexis and her season 7 wardrobe.
He wouldn't. He'd scream downstairs for his cook, the only Latino in Stars Hollow to do it.
I told you, he's lazy.
- Luke is NOT lazy. He was always fixing shit. He was always at the end making repairs. He was always making repairs on Lorelai's house. He built her that arch for her wedding. He movies Rory into Yale.
- Rory sure did use the power of the purse (and by purse I mean pussy) to get what she wanted.
- Logan bought Rory a Berkin bag. She definitely used that purse.
He was lazy. And when he "moved" Rory into Yale didn't he pay some kid to move the mattress? And then he was so lazy he wouldn't dispose of the mattress making poor Lorelei do it and she couldn't even drive a stick!
Luke is lazy.
- Luke is overworked. He's not lazy.
- Luke needs a back rub, a blow job, and a beer. And he needs all three to be given by someone who will let him watch his ballgame, not make him fix everything, and shut the hell up.
Luke had a cook, Jess, and Lane working for him. He wasn't overworked, he was lazy!
He'd often make customers get their own coffee and would get Dozey to close for him on multiple occasions. Lazy!
- If Luke was lazy, he wouldn't be making repairs all over town, building sets for the school play. When Kirk drove Taylor's car through Luke's, he did all of the repairs himself. When TJ hurt himself, Luke donated months of his time to helping out on the road.
He was not lazy.
But he does seem a bit asexual. He and Lorelai were hardly ever affectionate. We'd see them wake up in bed together, but that's about it. Luke never really seemed turned on by Lorelai.
- Luke was lazy.
We only heard that he was busy doing all this stuff. And it wasn't like any of this was a daily occurrence. But just like he was "overworked" at the restaurant by having his staff do everything he probably directed everyone one what to do, rather than doing the work himself.
Let's face it, Luke was just a bossy bottom.
- In all seriousness, I think Luke came off as asexual because Scott just wasn't a very good actor. He obviously had issues with Lauren and couldn't get past them.
I always felt like Scott probably felt the show should be called Luke and the Gilmore Girls.
- Scott wasn't a very good actor, but he didn't need to be.
- I thought Scott was one of the best, along with Kelly Bishop (who gets mentioned shockingly little in this thread) and Graham.
- Kelly Bishop was fantastic. Scott was not.
- What's with his limp? I thought maybe it was just for Luke, but he also limps in all of those Saw movies.
- Why is Luke dating this swim instructor? She has an annoying voice and a weirdly shaped head.
- Blame April for the swim instructor.
- April is cute. It's a shame she comes with Anne.
- R235, you mean Anna. And April was a Cousin Oliver and Mary Sue rolled into one. Thankfully, her presence was limited.
Anna was a really well done character.
- Yeah, Anna. That bitch.
- Yes, she is a bitch, but it's a great, nuanced character.
- I always thought it was funny Sherilynn went from playing Jess' dad's ho, but when the spinoff didn't happen, she became Luke's baby mama.
- Sherilyn looked so different with the blond hair.
- She looked terrible with that white, short hair.
I guess I'm not digging Anna because she seems so uptight. But I loved Sherilynn so much on Rude Awakenings.
- Anna was uptight, but I loved Sherilyn's portrait of that uptight character.
- Lorelai should have knocked that bitch Anna out.
Did we EVER see Lorelai in a physical fight?
- I always wish the Gilmore Girls went dark with their finale. Like Rory goes missing and the series ends with her never being found.
- What was the The Comeback reference?
- Luke and Chris were in a physical fight.
I don't think we ever saw Lorelai in one.
- Does anyone know why Alexis Bledel burned down La Mirage? And what's with her frosty relationship with Martha (aka "Mom")?
- This is one of those shows where I'm surprised they didn't try to tap an audience for a spinoff about the younger years of Lorelei.
- Who would play the younger Lorelai?
- The finale was good enough.
- Lauren Graham on Craig K. She hasn't changed.
- Alexis Bledel is in some new movie playing a high schooler! Not even a senior. Ridiculous.
- Alexis could be playing teens till she's 40.
- Alexis Bledel is the white version of Bianca Lawson. Or Stacey Dash.
- Alexis is Latina.
"Bledel was born Kimberly Alexis Bledel in Houston, Texas, the daughter of Nanette (née Dozier), who worked as a gift processor and flight attendant, and Martin Bledel. She has a younger brother, Eric. Her father was born and raised in Argentina. Her paternal grandfather, Enrique Einar Bledel Huus, was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, to parents who were of Danish descent; Enrique was Vice President of Coca-Cola Latin America and the Coca-Cola Inter-American Corporation. Alexis Bledel's paternal grandmother, Jean (Campbell), was originally from New York. Alexis' mother, Nanette, was born in Phoenix, Arizona, and had moved to Guadalajara, Mexico, at the age of eight; Nanette was raised there, and in Mexico City. Of her parents' upbringing in Latin America, Bledel has stated "It's the only culture my mom knows from life, and my father as well, and they made the decision to raise their children within the context they had been raised in". Bledel grew up in a Spanish-speaking household, and did not learn English until she began school; she considers herself Latina."
- r36 Many prime-time actors are suckers. Daytime actors go through much more dialogue without cheat sheets!
- r255 Yes. But latina/hispanic isn't a race. Alexis Bledel is white racially.
- R257 - yeah okay.
- Alexis Bledel and Jason Ritter are the US leads for the American version of BBC Gavin and Stacy
- Really, R259? Jason was Lauren Graham's love interest in Parenthood.
- I had not seen the pilot before until recently. Emily comes off better in it than she does later on.
- I'm rewatching the series on Netflix and I'm liking Emily more and Lorelie and Rory less the second time around.
- Why the change R263?
- R264 It may just be the case that I'm older myself and see relationships as more fraught and complicated. Emily was deeply wounded by Lorelei's running away but Lorelei never gives her mother a break nor tries to understand from her point of view. And Rory, as someone so aptly put it somewhere else, remains dumb about her own privilege.
- There are NO mother daughter relationships that work on the Gilmore Girls except for Lorelei and Rory.
The writers must have really had a bad relationship with their mothers because the only mother daughter relationship that works is a totally unrealistic relationship.
If you really look at the show the writers could use some psychoanalysis.
- R266 - There aren't that many mother-daughter relationships, Emily-Lorelai (did not work), Loreali-Rory (worked), Edward and his mother (which worked), April and her mother (which worked). Lane and Mrs. Kim was an odd one.
- the eqiv to that show is Supernatural. what jared andjensen have done is amazing tv. i think that jared learned how to do a greatjob from this show. meanwhile jensen was filming smallville doing an amazing job. together thy are awesome. it totally isa shame VOTN cant be banned
- Some bloopers from the first season
- R268 - huh?
- I will say that the show was kind of a female fantasy.
Lorelai is smart, and hip, and fun, and sexy...but her horrible mother just doesn't understand! But she gets along wonderfully with her daughter, in an almost creepy-close, best friend way(that if I actually saw in real life, I would say was dysfunctionally *too* close). There is a non-stop stable of handsome men at the disposal of both female leads, and there is almost no vision of male friendship in the show. In fact, they mainly all dislike each other because they're busy fighting over one or the other girl. I suppose her rich boyfriend had some college guyfriends in the later seasons but those were peripheral characters at best.
I'm not saying that's a bad thing, or woman-bashing. Go ahead and have a female fantasy, since there's plenty of male fantasies...but let's just recognize that that's what it is.
- Great point, R271, from a fan of the show.
- Milo was so hot in it. I liked the first seasons a lot. Great show.
- This is one of the shows I can watch over and over, but the more I do, the more I realize how EXHAUSTING it would be to hang around Lorelai.
Emily is the best character. Sure, she did do some awful things over the course of the series, but sometimes I felt the other characters were being really mean to her.
- I loved the interactions between Lorelei and her mother. The writing was great, and Kelly Bishop is magnificent.
I hated Christopher, mostly because he has a pinched, whiny voice.
Every episode that Daniel Palladino wrote had some atypical, out-of-character cuntiness between two women. It's striking because I'd watch an episode and think it was odd that two women either were in competition, or had snapped at one another, and then at the end of the episode I'd see the credits and yep, Daniel wrote it.
I love ASP. Did she write the episode of Roseanne when Darlene reads her poem at school?
- I never got to see the episode with Mike Henry.
- There are plenty of other reasons to hate Chris R275
- Has anyone watched Bunheads?
- I loved Chris. The actor was cute and fun. But I liked all of Lorelei's men, even Digger.
Gilmore Girls was also my favorite Melissa McCarthy show.
- "Gilmore Girls was also my favorite Melissa McCarthy show."
How many are there?
- R280 meant "role" but she has had a few. I liked Samantha Who, but not her character. Loved Jennifer Esposito on it though
- The guy who played dean is shacked up with his male co star now.
- R282 meant to say the guy who played Dean is the star of many chapters of fan fiction
- Bumping to note the death of Ed Herrmann (Richard Gilmore).
- Both Lorelei and Rory had such horrible taste in men. I found each of Rory's boyfriends annoying, especially that last one.
- R286 - The smarmy Logan, who is now the smarmy Cary on The Good Wife.
- I would've boned Marty.
- when lorelei and rory go on a trip to Harvard, when Lorelei's viewing the valedictorians, is her mot one of harvard valedictorians? why was that not mentioned that rory's grandmother emily was harvard's smartest person for that year?
- R290 - Huh?
- R290 I thought Lorelei was looking at a photo of what would have been her class had she gone to college.
- no she was looking at the past graduates of valedictorians, and she saw her mom's photo, shewas Emily Parker. i think that'swhenshe realized her mom was smarter than she gave her credit.
- btw i think Christopher was a closet gay for rory's bf, he fixed jared padeleckis bow tie and stared lovingly into hiseyes during the debutante DAR coming out ball
- R293 needs a space bar!
- Uh, no R293. R292 is right.
- Hart of Dixie is like GG. Same small town with charming locals.
- Taylor was a homosexual, right?
- [quote]no she was looking at the past graduates of valedictorians, and she saw her mom's photo, shewas Emily Parker. i think that'swhenshe realized her mom was smarter than she gave her credit.
Lorelei was looking at the valedictorian for what would have been her graduating class - not her mother Emily.
Emily went to Smith College and was a history major. She met Richard at a Yale College party. If Emily had gone to Harvard, she would not have rooted for Yale at the "Big Game" each year with Richard.
- The person posting at R293 is clearly an idiot.
- Where did Lorelai go to school for hotel management?
- Hartford Community College, R301.
- Thanks R302
- tristan played prince charming on Cinderella story with hillary duff and romeo on GG with Rory.
- How did Alexis get this role?
- [quote]How did Alexis get this role?
Similarity in appearance and chemistry with Lauren Graham.
The weirdest thing is that her acting actually gets worse over the series. Also, the character is written as so helpless and hapless later - she's just so, so, so very nice and sweet and nice and nice.
If you look at how sharp the dialog and character were in the pilot episode, she was so much more interesting.
- Oh, one side factoid - Lane Kim (Keiko Agena) was 28 during the first season of GG.
I was floored when I found out.
She's no Gabrielle Carteris, but she is damn close.
- Keiko looked a lot younger. She did gain a good deal of weight during the run.
- As time goes by, I empathize more and more with the Stars Hollow High girls who thought Rory stuck up. As if public high school was beneath her.
The problem with Rory is that the older the character becomes, the less interesting she becomes. She ends up a smug Ivy League grad like any other. Why does Stars Hollow love her more than any given Stars Hollow High grad?
Dean was lobotomized - the actor was being considered for a Young MacGyver series that went nowhere. Jess displaced him.
Love Lorelai with Digger and Christopher.
But, c'mon, Jon Hamm wasn't good enough for her. Lorelei had her issues.
Love Kelly Bishop and Edward Herrmann. Richard's Yale manipulation was revelatory. He let Emily be the heavy, but...
Hated Doyle and Paris, and DeLuise. Oy.
Also found the Magda Albright, Borman Mailer, and Amanpour cameos twee.
Loved the ep where crazy editor Paris goes Apocalypse Now crazy, calling her reporters by numbers, not names - said to be inspired by Paladino's time in the Rosanne writer's room.
Best moments: the rapprochement between Lorelei and Christopher...until Mädchen Amick. Those damned Twin Peaks hos!
- Paris as the crazed editor was great. Did not know that it came from the Roseanne writer's room. R309
Not just Amick, but also Sherilyn Fenn as Anna. Amy must have been a Twin Peaks fan.
- There are lots of quirks in GG. The Hep Alien meltdown was a direct homage of "Dig!",the Brian Jonestown Massacre documentary.
- What was that one guy that they were clearly setting up to be a more major character for Rory at the first school? He was mean to her at first, but clearly was developing feelings, but then the actor got hired for another show so the character was sent away to military school or something.
I wonder how things went at military school...
- [quote]What was that one guy that they were clearly setting up to be a more major character for Rory at the first school? He was mean to her at first, but clearly was developing feelings, but then the actor got hired for another show so the character was sent away to military school or something.
Tristan - played by DL fav and large nipple owner Chad Michael Murray, who went on to star on One Tree Hill.
- I hated myself for being attracted to Tristan, he was such a boy band looking kid, but he was pretty.
R309 agree with your thoughts on Rory. She became a simpering, smug elitist. She was much more interesting as a quiet and introspective smart teenager. I guess when you actually make it to Yale, everyone is as academically inclined as you are, and you're no longer anything special.
I loved Digger, he was my favorite of Lorelei's boyfriends. With his weirdly trained dog and his inability to sleep next to someone and his amazing house.
- Chad Michael Murray, 1/4 Japanese, it's said! He was very sexy.
He and "Dean", Jared Padalecki, were in that terrible new "House Of Wax" movie with Paris Hilton. Always expected Lorelai to slup in a dig.
- r115 the entire pointto the show was LL took care of Rory, Paris could make it on her own. thus no show dumbass
- my mom is like emily gilmore, but i'm the sweet son like Dean. funny how jared padalecki, was named dean in GG, but became a Sam on Supernatural with Dean as his brother, jensen, who was acting on smallville with a sam. talk about irony.
- [quote] talk about irony
Would love to discuss irony - where would it be in anything you wrote?
By the way, nothing in Alanis Morissette's song was ironic, either. Bad luck - yes. Coincidence - yes. Ironic - decidedly NOT.
- R318 - That's the irony.
I liked Digger more than Christopher and Luke.
- I liked Digger also, but he's really lost his looks.
What the hell happened?
- i love the dance instructor lady who wears the caftan and smokes the cig on the stick. shes purdy id marry her
- r300 honey did you forget to take your meds ?
- r299. thank you for clearing that up, i stepped away and just caught the end of it.
- R322 not R300 but your come back was weak. Judging from all of your other posts, R300 is right, you're not very bright. I'm sort of hoping you're 12.
- r324. you seem like a left swipe. lol.
- R324 R325 You're both annoying.
- R324 and R325 are annoying but you're the worst R326.
- can't tell which is the biggest piece of shit, r324 or r326.
- That's because you're a moron R328.
But I'll help you out. It's you.
- I thought they got rid of Digger in a weird, abrupt, sort of brutal way.
- lol moron. that would give you a 300 verbal on PSAT.
- Digger and LG were mirror images.
- [quote]i love the dance instructor lady who wears the caftan and smokes the cig on the stick. shes purdy id marry her
r321 - every time someone mentions caftans on DL, I envision Ms. Patty. I mean, c'mon, how could you not?
If they ever remake GG, they'll need to cast Magic Johnson's son in the role.
- What is in Miss Patty's punch?
- who exited the show first. dean or jess? it seems dean knows rory is a cheating lil bitch. and jess seems ripped and veiny which means he works out. dean barely kisses rory which implies hes got a crush and secretly wants jess for himself
- You should write bad fanfiction R335.
Tristan and Logan doubleteaming Rory while Lorelai sleeps
- R336 Something tells me Tristian and Logan, if they weren't trying to get it on with each other, would probably prefer to doubleteam Lorelei while Rory sleeps.
There's no way Rory was any fun in bed.
- hmm r337, you're right.
I think Lorelai might be a little judgemental or sarcastic at first but then would let loose once things got going.
Btw, speaking of Jess: