- They look more like father and son.
- For r1:
- Absolutely not. Styles just stopped dating an older women. He's fucking pussy hound.
Remember the infamous, "Think how much pussy you're going to get?", line he got caught mouthing to the winner on X-Factor?
He's one of those people who I say there's no way in hell is gay. He's straight as an arrow.
- They're both ugly.
- Sorry for the typos.
Oh, dear to me!
- He could be bi, r3.
- r6, there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever of him being bi. He is so straight, it's depressing. I wish he at least swung both ways, but all he cares about is pussy, pussy, pussy.
The tabs catch him everywhere courting another girl. He's also got a nudity fetish. They can't keep his clothes on. It was no wonder that his cock got leaked a few months ago. He sent it back to a fan who made a necklace for him. And yes, it was a girl.
Honestly, I don't know if I'd even want to get with him if given the opportunity. That boy must be full of so many diseases.
- Is this the kid whose cock David Walliams said he wanted to suck?
- Sorry, I've refused to listen to the Beeb since they canned Cuddly Ken.
- no, they aren't dating. he's with a member of his band, louis tomlinson. louis is 'dating' a model but he and harry live together in london and have always said they'd never leave each other.
- LOL, they are all straight. They are also all utterly and totally talentless. It's depressing to think this very, very bottom of the barrel shit is considered music.
- Yes, r8, that's him.
- Hm, I see r3/r7 is the same guy who posted the pics of Russell Tovey and his bf on the "Gay British Actors" thread, so he seems to know his stuff.
- r13, I don't have any close connections to Styles, so... Anyone who's had to listen to the media talk endlessly about Harry, probably knows the same amount that I do.
The boy is somewhat like a "frat guy" type, but totally gay friendly.
I give it a year or so when they announce that he's leaving and going solo. Honestly, I feel bad for the other members in that "band" having to deal with all the attention he gets.
- Yeah they are dating or at least sleeping together which is gag-worthy seeing that Nick is annoying, unattractive and a celebrity hipster leech. Harry never dated Caroline, it was just PR by the band management and her own to get their names out there. Caroline has been a close friend of Nick's for years and she allowed herself to be used as a scapegoat for to protect the real relationship. Harry and Nick have been seen together out on dates, Harry was snapped leaving Nick's place more than once in the wee hours of the morning but the public are throughly convinced that he is a straight pussy-thirsty 18 year old, see R3, so no one has figured out that straight teenagers don't just up and become bff with 27 year old gay guys.
- [quote]Caroline has been a close friend of Nick's for years and she allowed herself to be used as a scapegoat for to protect the real relationship
If this is true she is either very stupid or very brave. The scandal their fling (real or not) generated is astonishing and probably hurt her career. She is not liked at all and even got some death threats over it.
- R16 Yes it was risky but there is no such thing as bad publicity. I know very few people that knew she existed before this relationship began. And for the record all alleged girlfriends' of boybands receive deathtraps. Liam, another memeber of the band, girlfriend has had to cancel appearances with her group over death threats.
- *death threats* funny mistake.
- The look on the woman's face at 40 seconds in is priceless!
- R16 She's disliked by 15 year olds, and how much clout so they have really beyond getting their parents to but them lots and lots of boyband merchandise?
R15 Are you just guessing, or do you know? This seems a very random rumour.
- For what it's worth, the Guardian's celebrity columnist Marina Hyde seemed to think the Flack thing was just for publicity, too.
- R20 You can say that I am in a position to hear about these things. Nick is gay not publicly out but gay to everyone who cares enough to look at him twice. He has a rep for liking them young and was spotted stroking a very young guy's thigh at a celeb event. There was also a rumour he gave head to Joe Jonas some years back in a loo at a model show some years ago, but that's just a rumour. So based on what I know about Grim there is no way he is just being a father figure to young Harry, no way.
- So, do most people in UK showbiz circles think they are an item, r22?
And have you ever heard anything about one of the other One Direction boys?
Last question: what do you think is the reason for Nick not being publicly out? It hasn't hurt Scott Mills, after all.
- R23 I may have misrepresented myself a bit with my previous post. I only know about Nick because I have acquaintanes who have/is working with him. I only know Harry exist because I have been told he is screwing or being screwed by Grim. I know nothing about the rest of One Direction, and to answer your first question I am an outsider to all this and I know, so I am guessing most people know.
- Ok - thanks, r24.
- R22 Anyone with an internet connection could have told what you wrote in your post, (also you seem to be posting from different IP addresses...) I don't mean to have a go!
Do these acquaintances of yours think he's an ok bloke?
- R26 Yeah I am posting from my laptop, so that might explain the different IP addresses. Nick, from what I hear is a nice enough guy but a bit of a famewhore. He positions himself next to every supposedly happening hipster. He allegedly had a girlfriend some years ago and she left him and he was left heartbroken, an hasn't officially dated a woman since, or that is the story he gives. He is gay though I don't think he has had or have any interest in women what so ever. That's as much as I know about this situation, I can tell you though, more and more stories are going to come out about Harry and Caroline hooking up to cover up this affair. To be honest neither people in this relationship is fascinating enough for anyone to take particular notice in what is really going on.
- [quote]He allegedly had a girlfriend some years ago and she left him and he was left heartbroken, an hasn't officially dated a woman since, or that is the story he gives. He is gay though I don't think he has had or have any interest in women what so ever
That's just...ok then. Why bother with a story like that if everyone knows you're gay anyway? Though I suppose he's not the first gay person to have had straight relationships.
- It's funny, Harry looks as if he has just raided George Lamb's wardrobe, and there were rumors Grimmy and Lamb hated each other while on E4.
I think Lamb is a homophone, he's a Chavvy yuppie and big into Jamaican Dancle-hall, and use to play songs with called for the torture and killing of gay men.
If Grimmy is gay, then that's what that was all about. Having said that almost every DJ of BBC6 hated Lamb too.
- Niall Horan and Niall Breslin
- Watching the Brits Louis came off as the gay one, but I guess that says nothing.
There were rumors he was very close to the welsh singer John Adams from 2011's The X Factor Auditions, but I don't know of it was anything other than hetero male friendship.
There was a whole heap of rumors to why the ditched him in boot camp, as he was an early favorite.
- He has that same ridiculous hair style. I still think Louis is the gay one in the group.
- R29: can you please explain to me once again what the relationship between George Lamb and Nick Grimshaw is? Why you think Nicks staying in the closet has anything to do with George?
- Not r29, but George Lamb is suppose is be really homophobic, he use to play and support extremely homophobic artists like Buju Banton and Beenie Man on his radio show all the time, including playing some graphically violent songs. He was big fan of Shabba Ranks, a dance-hall artist that publicly stated all gay men should be executed.
There use to be some talk about it on forums and a huge on-line petition to have him removed which eventually was, but that was more to do with the fact he was one the worst djs ever.
If Nick Grimshaw is gay and George Lamb is homophobic I'm sure that would cause dislike between them.
- Thank you, R34 but what has this to do with Nick?
Did they work together? Why would a homophobic DJ keep Nick Grimshaw in the closet but not Scott Mills? There is apparently a link between George and Nick but I don't know it (I'm not British, so if it's really obvious sorry in advance)
- Well there isn't r35, but I think r29 was saying it's ironic that Harry seems to style himself on Lamb, Lamb started the whole bow-tie and suit revival in the UK, while Nick and Lamb apparently have a dislike for each other.
- I think you misunderstood r29, r35 - he wasn't suggesting that George Lamb had something to do with the fact that Nick Grimshaw wasn't out, he was just saying that Nick being gay explains the animosity between the two.
- I wonder who this guy sitting with Harry in a hotel bar last week is. Never seen him before.
- Here they are leaving together:
- (No, wait, it looks like they're arriving, not leaving.)
- could be an agent? Harry at the end of One Direction will have something to fall back on. He seems or wants to be connected.
- [quote][R26] Yeah I am posting from my laptop, so that might explain the different IP addresses.
That's not how it works, unless you were posting at, I dunno, a Starbucks? Somewhere where you're not using your internet access. If you have one modem in your house, you will be using the same IP, regardless.
At any rate, I'm telling you, Harry ain't gay. I wish he were. I want that smile. If he didn't have it, he wouldn't have a career. I hope he has it insured!
- The only guy who looks slightly hot in this boyband is the paki. This Grimshaw is starting to get that permanently-wasted look and it can only go worse from here.
- r44, I'll finish that for you:
- I said he looks hot. I can't be racist!
- Zayn is gorgeous. I hope he'll come over to our team.
- r43 racist
- He does have a beautiful smile, r42, but he's beautiful when he's not smiling as well.
- To me he has a little dapper Nick Jonas (the youngest of the three Jonas Bros.) thing going in OP's picture.
- Do people mix up Harry and that Frankie Cocozza kid?
- They must really hate the Wanted for sneaking in and taking their place.
- I think it's more the other way around, r52. The Wanted have been badmouthing One Direction a lot lately - I think they're worried that they're going to steal their thunder.
One Direction are just getting started in the US. My prediction is that they're going to blow up this month, and will soon overtake the Wanted.
- i know everyone is going on about harry but just wanna say that on knowing nick - he is a lovely lad!!!! thats all i have to say.
ps .... who cares??????
- Boybands are back? Really?
Seeing OP's pic I would shag shaggy haired Harry.
- [quote]At any rate, I'm telling you, Harry ain't gay. I wish he were. I want that smile. If he didn't have it, he wouldn't have a career. I hope he has it insured!
God what a load of crap!
I have no idea if Harry is straight, gay or bi (in my personal op, I think he's closeted and not the only one either and the Flack thing was absolute publicity bullcaka from 'start' to 'finish') but your shrill insistence stands out on this thread the same way the Jake is Straight troll (who also sounded like a middle-aged, paid PR rep) tried to drown threads out.
- One Direction--ew. Why are they making it in the US when the far talented (and just as manufactured) Girls Aloud never had a prayer here?
- [quote] One Direction--ew. Why are they making it in the US when the far talented (and just as manufactured) Girls Aloud never had a prayer here?
Because their fans are little girls, just like with Justin Bieber. Girls Alouds fans aren't as young and crazy.
- I love this discussion so much. There has been so much speculation about Harry Styles' sexuality. I for one, am sure he likes girls and boys. Him and the presumed gay one in One Direction (Louis) are unnaturally close. I am a one direction fan (eww I know lol), the damage control their handlers do after every time these lads are caught in compromising situations is absolutely ridiculous. harry was linked to about three girls in one weekend after a very compromising video of him and louis drunk was put up. Louis has a beard tho. No matter how hard he tries he's just not convincing enough with her. But the pre teen girls seem to think so.
- R15, Just wondering, was any of this actually true in the end?
- Well Nick Grimshaw has come out now!
- I wholeheartedly agree with any union between Messrs Styles and Grimshaw, be it real or faux (born of necessity).
- Harry and Nick at Reading Festival tonight.
- [quote]Well Nick Grimshaw has come out now!
Yes, he has!
[italic]One page of a fan website is given to trying to decipher whether or not he's gay – "the truth is that no one really knows because he's not directly answered that question," it puzzles, before adding hastily, "we all love 'Grimmy' either way!" – today, at least, he seems happy to acknowledge that he is. [/italic]
[italic]But, quite aside from the fact that he's a gay man [/italic]
Hmmm maybe there is something about that rumor with Harry?
- Nick and Harry hanging out again (the blonde girls are apparently Harrys cousins).
- Urm, I think we are all forgetting that Harry has a boyfriend waiting at home...His name is Louis Tomlinson....
- go back to tumblr, r66
louis and harry have been over for a long while
- Harry spent last christmas with Nick. Then Nick hosted a birthday do for Harry in february when Harry got back from America. They then spent valentine's night together. Whenever Harry returns from USA etc Grimmy is the first person he goes to. They see each other practically every day, and Harry frequently stays over at Nick despite having his own flat (shared with Louis Tomlinson) in North London. Harry's mother invited Nick over for tea in Holmes Chapel when he visited his family in Oldham. When Nick's parents visited him in London, Harry went out to dinner with the 3 of them.
All this would be suggestive of no more than a very close friendship if Harry did not accompany Nick to work so much. That to me feels more like "I really struggle to function without you" or "I just can't get enough of you". He'll drive Nick to Radio 1, then either hang around the studio or the vicinity (on at least one occasion he went out and bought cakes for everyone) then drives Nick home after the show. And Nick's show ends at 12 midnight. This is a so called babe magnet/lady killer spending all his spare time following a 28 year old gay man around...
Whetever they are up to, it is clear they make each other happy (unlike his recent interactions with Louis - something is up between these two, and it isn't good). One Direction's PR and management would like Harry, as the most popular member, to remain single but seemingly available to the hordes of teenage girls who buy their records. That he may be a submissive 18 year old in a relationship with a 28 year old man could alienate a significant portion of their fanbase, and so the public will continue to be drip fed tales of Harry's escapades with blondes, and Nick is such a good sport he'll roll with it.
- Interesting, R68.
- I think a lot of people from what was basically the Harry/Louis thread might transfer here.
R68 Why do you say submissive? Nice summary of the relationship and why it's valid, though.
I love that he bought cakes for everyone, he just sounds so sweet and nice. And not at all the homewrecker the tabs have been trying to portray; or the rampant toyboy, pursuing older women.
He definitely seems happy around him - almost always smiling and laughing.
Unless he's being kissed by men.
- My gay gene is smirking at the use of Nick 'rolling with it'.
- I wonder what's up with the seeming revelation that Grimshaw has never had a proper relationship. It's hardly good PR for a 28-year-old.
- Neither did Mary until she had Jesus but nobody questions her PR.
- Any relation to fellow gay Aiden?
- Has the Louis Tomlinson thread 8 been deleted?! (can't open it?)
- I don't really know One Direction but my money's on Louis and Niall being the gay ones. All this Niall/Demi Lovato coverage seems fishy.
- I can't open it either, r75. Weird.
- So for whatever reason I can't get into part 8 of the Louis Tomlinson ass thread. Nevertheless I thought this was quite interesting. When you watch this one go have a look at Louis. Interesting to say the least.
- I can't get in The Ass of Louis thread either.
R78 I love how even the palm reading says Harry will go solo in a couple of years.
- WTF it says the thread no longer exists...
- Prance Ponies! Prance!
- Was anything controversial posted in thread 8?!
I didn't see the last 20 or saw posts?
- Yes, thread 8 appears to have vanished. Might be maintainence, could be the Webmaster hates us again.
On another note, you have to admit, sometimes the tumblr girls are geniuses...
- R83, Can the site delete threads they don't like & is it likely to come back?
I just want to know what was posted on it yesterday that got it removed?
- R82, idk as of last night but someone called Nick Grimshaw a paedophile few days ago and that he was supplying Harry with drugs.
I dunno, but if that got back to me and it was untrue I'd be unhappy about it. I questioned the poster and got called a paedophile defender.
But sometimes a thread goes down for no apparent reason only to reappear later.
- R85, Thanks. Shame a few posters got the whole thread removed (good for you for defending grimshaw though)
Hopefully someone will start a thread 9.
The Webmaster hates us again? Have other One Direction/The Ass of Louis Tomlinson threads been deleted before?
- I meant us in general r87, at DL. Sometimes threads just go down.
- The Ass of Louis threads are the only thing keeping DL alive... the Webmaster should realize that!
- Do you know who I could see Harry with, seriously?
He comes over as friendly, freespirited, loving and someone that doesn't put anyone else down. He is funny and does his own thing creatively. And he's kind of a bear already.
- Come on, don't derail this thread. This one is about Grimmy and Nick not the band and the others from 1D.
Here's a new advert about Grimmys new breakfast show (which will be one of the biggest radio shows in the UK). And guess who is in it and in his bedroom?
- Rumour du jour:
That Harry and Louis were still in LA (as of yesterday) at a tattoo parlour after the other boys had split (Lou's foot allegedly present, pictured) and Harry driving a (partially pictured) male about, though cropped out.
Louis also tweeted 'ouch' around the same time which made people think he'd also got a tattoo done but in the midst of an 'argument' with that Nathan chick from The Wanted.
There's nothing inherently ohlala about any of this outside of two besties rolling round town poss. getting tattooed but the Larry shippers are delighted, bonus implied sharing of hotel suite mentioned, there's no sign of TB on Harry's and Lou's 'date' (as it being called) and all is well today.
Tomorrow may be a different matter. I am wondering if Nick will turn up to spanner the works again. (!)
- R91, we're a bit homeless until Thread 8 returns or someone starts a new one if it does not.
- One assumes you meant Grimmy and Harry R91.
A little goss about Nick from an English showbiz forum. Someone posted that Nick had hooked up with the poster's mate a few years ago and that Nick is a lovely guy. This gossip was posted originally before Nick came out and then the poster returned to ask if people now believed him as a few had questioned the veracity as they were unsure if Nick was gay.
- I always guessed Nick was family. I'd say it was pretty obvious.
He's obviously discreet with his relationships.
To Harry's credit, when people debate how he seems to trail round after either Louis or Nick, I have seen plenty of pictures of him playing golf with One D or at his local club with other friends/acquaintances and he also seems to just take off on his own too.
So I don't think he's this doomed lapdog some people assume, just extremely upfront with his affections for his friends.
I'd guess a lot of conflicting bunkum is put out so they can all move about without fuss and I'm sure decoys are sometimes employed.
- R95 I find it hard to believe anyone thought Nick was straight but there you go.
Fey straight men are not uncommon in Britain.
- R97 I am a Brit. I just assumed it was common knowledge Grimmy was gay despite his not having made any statement to the press. You could hardly even say he was glass closeted I think it is beginning to reach the stage where it is becoming a non issue particularly among some sections of the community and it doesn't occur to anyone that the press are even vaguely interested.
- R99, I think Grimmy handled it well, the kind of open-ended, 'I fancy so and so (insert guy's name)' or 'I've never had time for a boyfriend' sort of statement seems to be the way to go rather than grandiose Lace Bass 'I'm Gay!' cover stories.
Basically tip people the nod without making a giant fuss and they can join the dots themselves.
- Also pretty sure we're not entirely done with Harry and Grim-related hanging out and papping in the coming days/weeks when he gets home.
The Larry fandom has had a fluffy few days and it never seems to last.
I reckon another rendezvous might be on the cards.
- A young Harry with school(?)friend?
- Off Topic: Did Nick Grimshaw and Will Young ever date?
- Harry Styles features in one of the adverts for Nick's new radio show
- r104 meet r91
- I just want to know what posts got thread 8 removed?!
Did anyone see the last 15-20 posts? (the last one i saw was just about 1D being rubbish dancers?!)
- Talk of quiffs and of Harry Styles balding/looking like Morrissey. Harry's 17Black tattoo. Harry and Louis in Los Angeles (was Louis in the car). A post about the obvious relationship between Nick and Harry. I think I missed the last few posts. I'm curious too.
- R107, Thanks. Nothing out of the ordinary then?
It was the first of the 'Louis' threads that was pretty much dominated by gossip on Harry/grimmy. I wonder if it's disappearance means something?
- [quote]It was the first of the 'Louis' threads that was pretty much dominated by gossip on Harry/grimmy. I wonder if it's disappearance means something?
The webmaster ships Larry?
- R109, Ha ha, maybe..
Caroline Flack 'favourited' a tweet by Harry about 'being unable to sleep as he has so much on his mind..'
She 'unfavourited' a couple of days later.
I'm never sure whether their relationship was real or not (& the Grimmy rumours are all rubbish)
Things like the tweet thing make me think she may still be on the scene? Does anyone else think that or is it just me?
- L Girl might share that opinion, though she was firmly swayed to the Grimshaw side of things recently. Unless, of course, you are L Girl sans signature.
Isn't Harry treading towards the situation r99 and r100 write about? Regardless of him dating anyone, he seems like he's bi/gay in plain sight, which is great.
- I am London girl and you're right I was starting to discount Flack but each time I do, she seems to pop up in this saga again?
I just wondered if i was the only one who thought she may still be relevant here?
Then again, there does seem to be very strong reasons to believe in G/Harry so I'm really not sure.
R99 & R100's views do seem plausible. I just find it hard to believe that their mgmt would allow that for any of them so early in their career?
Would be great if they did though.
- [quote]Yes, thread 8 appears to have vanished. Might be maintainence, could be the Webmaster hates us again.
AGAIN?!?! how many times has this happened? maybe you should take this as a sign, and STOP talking about them? You have driven people away from the other threads. Now all that's left are those worshipping Grimmy, thinking he's perfect. Sad indeed.
- Harry has reportedly flown back to the UK today, alone.
- The UK gossip rags have started reporting on Nick and Harry's Bromance- have been called inseparable.
- [quote]AGAIN?!?! how many times has this happened? maybe you should take this as a sign, and STOP talking about them? You have driven people away from the other threads. Now all that's left are those worshipping Grimmy, thinking he's perfect. Sad indeed.
Do you need a couch to lie on?
I answered the person that asked a while back it was nothing to do with the One Direction threads) so go read this thread instead of flinging insults because you are bone fucking idle, Cordelia.
For the rest, I can buy Harry and Grimmers, Flack not so much (way too overhyped and convinient) but can't help feeling Louis is not out of the picture. The look on he and Harry's faces whenever they are sat/stood around one another makes me think Louis permanently has his hand down Harry's trousers.
And why not.
- He's the ugliest of the bunch so who cares?
- Apparently a tattoo artist revealed today that he had recently tattooed a guy from a very famous British boyband with the initials of his secret girlfriend.
Harry & Caroline ??
- Article on Modest Management taking Rebecca Ferguson to court.
- I've never bought the "Larry is a secret romance" theories. A lot of them started when 1D broke internationally, and new fans started viewing interview clips out of context, photoshooped pics and slowed down gifs without witnessing how the friendship developed during the series.
The whole Larry bromance thing was very cleverly played out for fans. When the x factor was on (sept-dec 2010) the ITV2 website didn't stop going on about Louis and Harry's friendship and kept uploading video clips to show us this fantastic bromance - the same clips people are now using as evidence of a relationship. The ITV forums were inundated with early Larry shippers even then, so they knew how popular the bromance was.
Back to Nick and Harry. Now this is the "friendship" I'm interested in. Louis is presently on holiday with his girlfriend and Harry is back in London, so expect new "Gryles" sightings. Nick hinted at Harry being on his final late show tomorrow which will be interesting, as they often giggle like schoolgirls when they chat to each other on radio.
- I haven't heard the show but tonight from Nick Grimshaw's Radio One slot:
[quote]So I've got a different popstar spooning with me.
Has talked about Harry again.
There's a part 2 of the advert where he gets woken up, supposedly. This may be tomorrow.
Just going by the buzz out there.
- By the way, just so people don't lose sight of the fact there's a straight 1D fandom out there who are every bit as "invested" as Larry shippers, in what boybands represent to them, check this out.
- well Harry now has the letters A and G tattooed on himself, I don't buy that the A is for his mom btw when he was asked about it he stammered and stuttered and only after a moments thinking time did he come up with "that's for my mum"
- Aiden Grimshaw?
- People are so unfair about Harry. They project so many fantasies onto him about being the innocent romantic. He's barely human in the eyes of the fanbase. He's messianic. Even on here, I find the presumptions about his affections repulsive. He's just a lad from Yorkshire finding his feet in the world & you all want to break him in before his time.
- It could be but...timing. Always timing in this damn fandom. And also why has it always to be Harry with a secret girlfriend and secret tattoos?
When you go and get a tattoo, you don't have to say whose initials it is. So it stikes me someone wanted this known about and is purly to keep people guessing. There might not even be a tattoo. It may all be to get fans hopping.
Why can't this be Niall (who is strongly rumoured to have a secret girlfriend back home in Mullinger, they had to tone it down because she got Twitter hate) or Liam (what if Peazer's a showbiz beard?). Or gawd forbid, Louis? Zayn is a pretty strong contender too, he's so under the radar he almost hurts. And the thing with the girl from Little Mix is pure Simon Cowell/X Factor publicity.
- Isn't he like, 12? Prance ponies prance
- [quote]well Harry now has the letters A and G tattooed on himself, I don't buy that the A is for his mom btw when he was asked about it he stammered and stuttered and only after a moments thinking time did he come up with "that's for my mum"
The A is for his mum supposedly and the G looks like the Green Bay Packers icon, whose rug he was wrapped in of late/owns a tee shirt of so is probably a fan?
If this radio interview is British and the tattoo artist is also it was done weeks or months ago, recent but not one of the American ones. There's also no way of knowing if Liam or any of the others gets inked and doesn't make it known, here or abroad.
You can argue this sort of stuff is as much fanservice as some feel Larry is.
Especially when you don't have to publicise anything private.
- R125, Harry seems like a lovely lad.
However, he was involved in a very high profile (not to mention controversial) romance that he and others seemed keen to advertise to the nation on a weekly basis (through the Xtra Factor and press)
It is only natural that people will speculate about his love life.
- I don't understand people that come to a specific thread and start criticising posters as if they are internet police. The thread is very self-contained, it goes nowhere and certainly doesn't affect the fans in general.
You don't have to click on the thread title, right?
[quote]Isn't he like, 12? Prance ponies prance....by: Never heard a note reply 127 09/11/2012 @ 06:34PM
If you haven't a clue why not just stay away? There are plenty of other threads you can go to.
- It seems that Harry is into older guys (or women).
- Anne & Gemma?
- I'm assuming that Harry is most likely the one with the secret tattoos because the tattoo artist would presumably know what the initials CF would stand for?
Harry would therefore not really be able to keep it private from the guy?
I guess it could be Niall though? Sounds plausible.
I just can't shake the idea that Flack never really left the scene (despite the strong evidence that Harry may be involved with Grimmy)
- 126 fair point but Harry is the one who was photographed only today with a G tattooed on his arm so naturally he would be one of the top suspects.
as I said Harry's claim that the "A" is for his mom isn't very convincing. That is not to say it isn't the truth but that I myself am unconvinced that it is.
Link to interview in question:
- Harry seems to hide in plain sight. So if he did have some sort of secret GF I would not be suprised at all. My thing is, why is the whole ladies man image still bring projected on him? He's anything but a ladies man and that is soo obvious.
I don't think Caroline flack has left the scene either. There are so many ways for him to hide what's really going on.
Harry and Louis..
Harry and nick..
Harry and caroline..
Harry and married DJ
Harry and that English model.
And that's just to name a few. I think whatever or whomever he's hiding is being hidden so well because there is so many stories out about him it's hard to keep up, and all this other shit throws everyone off. Also zayn has a very obnoxious tattoo that says 'ZAP' I feel like it means Zayn and perrie.
- R135 "Also zayn has a very obnoxious tattoo that says 'ZAP' I feel like it means Zayn and perrie"
No, Zayn got the ZAP tattoo to impress Louis for whatever reason. There have been interviews where they explain this; one comes to mind where they are giggling and Louis is admiring the tattoo while Zayn just beams.
I have wondered about those two for awhile.
- Wait, I should clarify. The "zap" thing is a special joke or something between them, they explained this in the interview(s). I just think it is quite a large, obnoxious, front-and-center tattoo right there on his forearm... a bit "much" for an inside joke between a boybander and his bandmate, dontcha think?
- I won't take that tattooist account as gospel. He may not have been talking about One Direction - in the UK many people use 1D for headlines and as long as he doesn't name an individual, he can get away with it.
I don't think the Caroline Flack thing was anything more than a couple of sexual encounters made into a big thing for publicity. Possibly also to cover up the real story i.e. Grimmers. They were only seen together once, and then Harry was photographed leaving her flat one morning. And that was it, despite photographers stalking him 24/7 at the time.
- This is Harry's new tattoo. I'm not sure if it's a "G".
- r139, looks more like a rainbow.
- The G tattoo, if you look a it sideways on it resembles the Green Bay Packers logo but it's poorly done and probably one of his self-inflicted ones. The filling in of his star is interesting and there is a theory roaming round out there but I ain't bringing it in as it could be wrong. It's interesting though.
I have to wonder why even announce something like the secret gf? Why ruin someone's secret when you don't have to? Harry will be automatic suspect going by his tattooing fetish but there are plenty of other candidates: people from The Wanted and JLS. Fwiw, I linked the article about Niall's supposed "secret gf" below. It's recent.
And would it be so hard to introduce a Harry girlfriend to the public by now? You'd have thought with all the anti-homo effort their people have gone to the idea of either bearding Harry up with a woman or slowly introducing a civilian female into the mix would be reasonable, especially as Niall is still "single" and Zayn is kind of meh with Perrie anyway. He could easily play the single card again. Harry's had ample opps to couple up for a great length of time but hasn't seemed to have bothered. A large chunk of his time appears to be taken up by Nick Grimshaw tbh.
To me Harry seems on a crash course with something else (based on his behaviour and the signals he sends out) but who knows. You have to keep an open mind in this game.
To be honest I can't be arsed guessing anymore. Ideally it'd be nice if people could come out and have done with it without grief or drama but that's life.
I may check back in if there's any major developments or someone says/does something that doesn't seem smokescreenish or designed to confuse.
- One little one, the new tattoo is thought by some to be a partially-finished lambda symbol. Which would explain the simplistic look because it's a pretty poor quality GBPackers replica otherwise. Something else would make more sense I guess.
Have fun! Hope all works out okay.
- R142, I think it would only be difficult introducing a girlfriend for Harry if it were Flack.
Party because of the grief she would get but also, people (rightly so) would assume they didn't split up and Harry would look very dishonest.
Just curious but were you a Larry fan/poster from the Louis threads?
They all seemed to have dissapeared along with thread 8?!
- Wow.. Louis is totally checking out the hot male twins in this video. And people still think this gay boy is straight? He showed more interest in those two guys during the 10 seconds than I've seen him show his own girlfriend the year they've been together (well.. 10 or 11 months, who knows how long they've been together, he doesn't either).
Oh, and the moment I'm talking about starts at around 5:20
- r143 - I saved the first seven or six as PDFs because I suspected they would be purged at anytime. I could share if there is interest. Was the purging because of F&F style Prancing Ponies complaints or something more sinister? Thoughts?
- Yes, R143, the larry shippers disappeared because of repeated bullying from the Grimmy worshippers in here. Maybe they got tired of being laughed at..
- I didn't see the last 20 or so posts but up to that point there were a few posts that about Grimshaw being into drugs/teenagers that could have been a problem?
Could that have got it removed? I've only ever posted here and only in the last few months. Is it normally that threads get deleted without explanation?
I'm just surprised Larry fans haven't started another thread? (although they are quite welcome here IMO, it's all relevant)
- R146, I think the bullying went both ways.
I think a mix of different views makes for a better debate.
- R147, so you don't see anything at all wrong in bullying other people? you don't think that could have been part of the reason? I doubt it was the drug issue. People constantly comment about celebrities being anorexic and doing drugs here on DL. Fact is that the thread got nasty because of certain people, and it drove some posters away. I was personally disgusted by the attitude from some of the posters in here. There's one thing discussing a topic and having a different opinion, it's completely different to actually mock people for their opinion and say that other people are idiots, when you have no proof what so ever that Grimmy is with Harry either. Yes, it is likely. But again.. it's all speculation.You have no more proof than anyone else, so please respect other people's opinion.
Why would they start another thread anyway? When I suggested that to the Grimmy worshippers in here I was called a bunch of insults, and was met with comments like "how DARE you force me off this thread". But it's ok now because it's the Larry shippers we're talking about?
It's so funny that you complained about this exact same behavior from the Larry shippers, but now you're doing it yourself. You guys drove people off this thread. There was no room for the Larry discussion, everything you said was obviously true, and nothing at all of what the Larry shippers said could possible be true. It's all just fantasy of course, like some rude poster in here said.
I have talked to some of the Larry shippers who felt they were bullied off the thread, and it was no fun discussing anything anymore, because they were shut down no matter what they said. I can personally say that I'm not a larry shipper, but I still believe Louis is gay and that his girlfriend is a cover up. When I said that in the previous thread, I got shut down because there's "no evidence", just like there's no evidence of Harry being with Grimmy either.. it's all speculation. yet, of course my opinion was worthless, and their opinion was all that mattered.
We should all be allowed to have different opinions. Just please don't mock other people for their opinions, it's rude, offensive, and just in general bad behavior.
- R149 Then leave, because all the same people are going to be here until further notice.
As shown above, anyone who leans towards Harry/Grimmy has been more than happy to say the Larry guys can be here; but no one wants the drama.
No one has been bullied. A few idiots have made rude comments, but in my opinion, that should be very easy for mature adults to ignore and carry on with their own debates. Having your views challenged is not bullying.
I don't know who you are from the last thread, but you need to let that shit go; how angry you are about it is unhealthy. This is a forum, not your blog, there are going to be trolls who say mean things; if you let it upset you, you shouldn't get so involved in things like this.
Anyway, if you ask me, create a thread for just Louis and Harry and you wouldn't have that much to discuss; photoban there may be, but that means there's nothing new cropping up. Until then, it makes more sense to discuss things which are concrete, rather than purely theory and conspiracy.
Apparently Harry's going to be on Nick's final late night show tonight, anyway! I would have been listening anyway (I've been a fan since my teens of his radio shows and presenting and I think he's very funny), but it'll be nice to hear them interact again; I don't think we've had anything except photos since Call or Delete?
The tattoo ... God knows. It'd be a poorly done Packers symbol (I have no idea what sport that is or who they are; and I doubt Harry's that much more clued in either, if it's American sport); a very obscure G (not related to Nick's tweet, by the way, that's just a "gangsta" way of saying mate; but could be his initial, I suppose); and I'm sorry, but it looks nothing like lambda. It's impossible to tell until we see it more head on. And knowing Harry, it could be absolutely anything.
- You're all management!!!
- My goodness R149, if you think differing opinions on an anonymous board is bullying then God help you should you come across the real stuff. The trick with these boards is to take every last thing with an enormous pinch of salt and have a laugh about it. It's meant to be fun - unless the discussion is about Mitt Romney in which case you might need to keep the vomit bowl beside you.
Ah well, keep calm and carry on. :)
- R149, My post in response to you didn't save but was pretty much the same as Links so I won't rewrite it.
I will add though that I wasn't suggesting anyone should start a new 'Louis' thread because they weren't welcome? (in fact I actually stated the opposite?!)
I simply commented that I was surprised they hadn't started one? (given the fondness for the topic & the fact some Larry fans may not be aware of this thread?)
One last thing. Given most posters are anons, it's not actually possible to say how many Larry fans deserted. They may have remained but simply changed their views? Most people on these threads are pretty open minded?
Just a thought.
- Not that I have given this much thought... but I reckon Harry's tattoo is a Green bay Packers logo in honour of his friend Cal Aurand. He and Harry have become very close, and Harry spent the last few days in Cal's LA home with his wife Jen. He's a freelance documentary videographer and chilled as f**k. He does Ben Winston's job when the boys are in USA/down under. And he's a massive massive Green Bay Packers fan. When Harry was in LA he was papped wearing a Packers T-shirt and Cal photographed him with a Packers towel/rug round his shirtless torso. Getting a Packers tattoo seems like a very Harry-esque thing to do at the end of a trip like this.
Ps: I haven't come across any Grimmy "worshippers" on this forum, so goodness knows what forum R149 has been reading.
- R154 See I did think this (and Cal sent Harry a lovely tweet after his visit, linked), but it's just that it's a bit of a shoddy job? Not very sharp. If it weren't for Harry's pictures in Packers towel and t-shirt, would the link ever have been made?!
- R155 - true, but in this case the link was made thanks to Cal's tweets etc unlike some of his others (Hi, the shamrock). People were able to work out what the A, iced gem and Gemma in hebrew were, as well as the Sweet disposition lyrics. And I think the others are all a bit random (padlock, star etc)
Now I sound like a Harry stalker! Anyway looking forward to Grimmy's last show - fingers crossed Harry is on it. As you said we've seen many pics of them together but haven't heard them interacting for a while. I think the last time they chatted on radio was when Harry did "the going home song" when Grimmy was covering drive-time for Greg James, but that was really short...
- Nick and 1D were on Mills' show in the morning a few weeks ago, if that counts. It did give us this lovely bit of innuendo:
Harry [telling Scott what he'd been up to recently]: A man squirted me in the face yesterday.
Nick: Oh really Harry?
- R156 Even better, there will be webcam; the first time we'll see them interacting on film (oh God, is this really something I'm excited for?). And on the "going home song" they didn't actually talk to each other; Harry spoke to Ian (producer?) and Grimmy commented about Harry just casually popping round his house in a tiz about doing a radio feature (adorbs).
I think people make too much of tattoos. There are the ones which clearly mean something special (related to his family) and there are those which are just related to things he likes. That's what my tattoos are about, anyway. I certainly don't think he's leaving clues for people on his body; contrary to popular stupid belief, Harry will be well aware they are permanent.
People always say Hi is in Louis's handwriting; if you ever see some, it actually looks more like Harry's own.
- R152, umm.. NO. I actually respect other people's opinions. I do not call what they think "fantasy", I do not mock them, and I do not shoot them down because of a different view point. You all made fun of the Larry shippers in the other threads.. it was simply bullying. You can state your view and your opinion without sounding condescending, rude or even offensive. I personally didn't like the direction the other threads went, NOT because people believe in Harry and Grimmy.. people should be allowed to have their opinions.. it was more the way you treated everyone else with a different view point than your own.
R153, or maybe YOU drove them away? Maybe they felt there wasn't any room for their opinions? I have talked to at least three people that were on this thread, but are not coming to this thread anymore.. all state bullying as a cause. Oh.. and guess what, it's not because they changed their opinions at all.. because they still believe in Larry.
Oh, and one more thing.. actually, suggesting a new thread is exactly the same as I did when I was shot down, because people didn't think they were welcome. At least I apologized. I just wanted to keep the thread about LOUIS actually about LOUIS, and not about Harry and Grimmy. At least I apologized for making people not feel welcome, because that wasn't my intention at all. While you just continue with your bullying, mocking other people for their opinions and saying people who don't share your opinion can use another thread. That is not ok... to use your own words "I will not be bullied away from this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
- R157 - I forgot about them on Millsy for the Teen Awards! And R156 - you're right, Harry didn't actually speak to Grimmy; Grimmy just did an imitation of him. I get all these interviews muddled in my head.
I really hope Harry is there tonight. Grimmy didn't confirm anyone - so far we know Example is confirmed, but no-one else. I can't imagine Harry not being there though.
Ps: I agree about the tattoos. The "Hi" looks like MY handwriting ;)
- r157, don't forget:
Harry: "I felt a bit degraded."
- R149/159, it sounds like you might be a little too sensitive to post on datalounge. We're notorious for making fun on things and views. It's nothing personal. Just some debate and shit stirring for fun.
I didn't post much on the other thread and only read some of the pages but nothing sounded insulting. Maybe it's because I'm accustomed to it here. It's possible that those who are sensitive to this type of disagreement might be more comfortable on tumblr or places a 15 year old girl would feel free to comment on their Larry love/shipping.
Harry's tattoo is hideous. Talk about being a poseur.
- [quote]Then leave, because all the same people are going to be here until further notice.
I did leave when this turned into a "Grimmy is sooooo perfect and pretty and aww.. they are sooooo cute together" worshipping thread. I just came back to comment on why the thread was probably closed.. because nobody can deny it got nasty, so I just wanted to give my view on what happened.. because it seems like most of you guys are totally oblivious to what happened, and still defend your own behavior.
[quote]As shown above, anyone who leans towards Harry/Grimmy has been more than happy to say the Larry guys can be here; but no one wants the drama.
Yeah.. because your opinion is the only valid one, Larry shippers are all insane, and Grimmy is a perfect guy and Harry and Grimmy are prefect together. That was basically all the other 8 threads summed up. Just saying other people are welcome is not enough when you just mock them for their opinions anyway. Who would want to discuss something when they are being shot down every single time they want to say something? People don't want to be mocked, people don't want to hear what they think is all "fantasy". Bring on valid arguments.. argument against it, just please do not degrade what other people think about an issue.
[quote]No one has been bullied. A few idiots have made rude comments, but in my opinion, that should be very easy for mature adults to ignore and carry on with their own debates. Having your views challenged is not bullying.
Yes, they have.. people have made some extremely mean comments on this thread. I have been on Datalounge for 6 years. I know how to handle sarcasm.. I have grown a hard skin from being here for so long. But you guys took it way too far, you crossed the line. Mocking people for their opinion, and not letting them in on the discussion is uncalled for. It's wrong. Like I said.. I have talked to Larry shippers who still believe in Larry, but said they left this thread because they couldn't discuss anything anymore because everything they said was being shot down, and people were basically labelled insane. Again, it's not the fact that people have different opinions I'm talking about here, it's how you treat people with different opinions.
[quote]I don't know who you are from the last thread, but you need to let that shit go; how angry you are about it is unhealthy. This is a forum, not your blog, there are going to be trolls who say mean things; if you let it upset you, you shouldn't get so involved in things like this.
I will let it go.. as I have no interest in Grimmy whatsoever. I'd like to discuss Louis, his gayness, and his obvious bearding arrangement, but that isn't allowed in this thread, because it's all about Grimmy and Harry being perfect together and everyone else having a different opinion, like Louis possibly being gay, are labelled insane.
[quote]Anyway, if you ask me, create a thread for just Louis and Harry and you wouldn't have that much to discuss; photoban there may be, but that means there's nothing new cropping up. Until then, it makes more sense to discuss things which are concrete, rather than purely theory and conspiracy.
I would if I could.. but I don't have a subscription. A lot of things have happened in the last few weeks with Louis.. not all "conspiracy" either. I know you like to label everything the Larry shippers say as "conspiracy", but I think there's some truth to it. They may not be together, but some stuff just is suspicious as hell.. but of course, this is all fantasy, right? I am done with this thread. I don't think there's room for anyone besides those worshipping Grimmy. I'm not even a Larry shipper. I think it's very likely that Harry and Grimmy are together. I just wanted to stand up for those who left this thread because of your actions.
- I missed them on Mills! It's while I'm at work and I rarely listen back to his show, even though I love him. Does anyone know where there's some audio (if at all?).
R161 Is that from the same interview? Sounds like it was a cracker!
R160 Completely, they all start to meld into one big, great interview after a while!
Time for the show ...
- R163 Okay.
- But still. You've got to love them...
I really like Nick. But Harry and Louis is just, perfection. And I have the idea that Harry feels the same way. Whether he is in a relationship with Nick or not. But that is just a feeling.
- After what just happened on Grimshaw's show, I'm now convinved Harry's gay.
- I want everyone in this thread to watch this clip & remember to keep your mouths shut and think before you make further assumptions about these children:
I'd say it either means he definately is
He is so straight that their ridiculing the rumours?
Not sure which though. Either way, I love how shy Harry seems.
- He did sound like he kind of denied it?
- What did Harry say?
- L Girl, did he? all he said was "hey words hurt" and in a jokey way and he did a similar mock hurt "hey" later on when someone made a comment about something (can't remember what)
Not something you can read a lot into tbh
- R172, Maybe you're right. If it was a denial, it was a pretty weak one!
- R163, Oh for goodness sake, stop with all the belligerent posts.
If all you want to do is cause trouble, go and do it somewhere else.
- Is that recent grimmy show up yet? Anyone have a link?
- Harry and nick seem to be a thing. No doubt about it.
- I'm with r175. Who's got audio?
Love Brideshead Revisited. Who do the characters represent in the 1D/Grimshaw situation? Previously, it was used to characterize Harry's affection for Louis.
- Do people think Nick was outing Harry on his show tonight? I thought he definitely was, but then I'm seeing varying opinions and now I'm not sure it wasn't just joking around.
- R178 PLEASE tell me Nick did NOT do that!!! Even if he was only joking around, I will seriously be furious. Now is NOT the time for Harry to be coming out, Nick surely knows this. Arrrggghhh! Can someone please post a link to the show when it is available?
- I don't think nick said it. I think it was the other guy. It sounded as though Nick laughed at him though.
Harry is definitely gay or bi. He's definitely not straight. This would be the second time he's been subtely outed on Nicks show. The first time being the call or delete bit.
- Nah, Nick wasn't outing Harry. The whole thing was meant to be a joke. The "I'm coming out is Harry's next single" to "Like a virgin isn't Harry's next single" was hilarious. Even if the boy is gay the comment was intended to be tongue in cheek.
Great chemistry between the two whether it's close friends, fuck buddies or dating.
At least the kid has a sense of humor.
- What's the fascination with Harry anyway? Ia Zayn gay or bi? He's fucking gorgeous.
- [R181] I agree. I'm not entirely convinced they're dating (I'd like to be wrong) but I love the relationship between them whatever it is.
This was especially cute:
- [R179]Yes, he did. Nick was giving song options for the karaoke they were going to do, and he gave "Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out," and then he points at Harry off-camera and looks at him significantly. The rest:
Example: That's Harry's next single. *everyone laughs*
Nick: Madonna, Like A Virgin
Example: That's NOT Harry's next single. *everyone laughs*
- 178, 181 I'm not sure he was intentionally outing him but essentially I think he did.
It was a radio show which was being filmed, the way Nick pointed at Harry then seemed to think better of it like he realised "oh shit there is a camera" then thought better of it.
Example may not have any more of a clue about Harry's sexuality than any of us, I think he was just a straight guy "mocking" another by suggesting they are gay (as some straight men are want to do from time to time) The awkwardness in the room following Example's joke perhaps tells the real story.
- [R182] I've been trying to figure that out too, because Zayn is definitely the most beautiful and has the best voice. But he tends to be quieter. Harry has a bit more personality and for some reason the British press is fascinated with him. Although personally, Louis is my favorite.
I don't know whether Nick and Harry are involved or just good friends. I think it could go either way, but I tend to think they have a relationship, given how much time they spend together and their age difference (why would Nick be interested in being 'just friends' with an 18 yr old, even if he's in a world famous boy band?). Plus, in the radio show last night, they talked about how much time he spends at the studio during Nick's show.
- I just don't know about Harry and Grimmy.
Going on about all the time Harry spent at the studio implies they are a thing.
But then he apparently drove home last night rather than stay and celebrate with them all.
Surely if they were a 'thing' he would definately have stayed around?
Even if they weren't a thing, I would have thought he would have unless he has someone else he had to go back for? (Flack)
- Harry did go out with them last night. I think he just changed first. They went to Groucho club.
- R187 - are you referring to the reports in the British press that Harry was seen driving home after the event? The after-show party began in the live lounge adjacent to where the show was being recorded, so the party began there. Then they all left to go to the nearby Groucho club. Whenever Harry and Grimmy socialise together, they arrive and leave in separate cars (even taxis - one never sees them sharing a taxi, despite evidently arriving and leaving at the same time). So we don't know whether Harry went to the Groucho club with the others, as it's a private members' club i.e. no paparazzi allowed. Harry was just seen/papped driving away from the radio 1 building. He could have gone anywhere, unless the journalists followed him all the way to N12.
On the subject, the one time Harry and Grimmy were seen in a car (Grimmy's) together was when some girls decided to go to the milkshake shop beside the boys' N12 apartment complex, hoping to see Liam there with his visiting friends (as there was such a rumour going round twitter). Liam and friends never showed up, but to their surprise a mercedes drove out of the gated complex and stopped at the milkshake shop; Harry came out and ran into the shop. Grimmy was at the wheel. This was of course captured on camera and posted on twitter shortly after the sighting :)
- He was at Groucho last night. Here's pictures of him leaving with some friends.
- R188, Really! How do you know?
- Thanks for that link, R190 - so R188 was right. Harry is too close to Nick to not attend his farewell party, and remember the papers are under strict instructions from HackfordJones PR to give no hints regarding the "Gryles" situation. No doubt they'll try linking Harry with Pixie.
Regarding Grimmy's show last night - this was the first time we'd seen and heard H and Nick together (we've seen pics, heard them on the radio, but never interacting) and I particularly liked: Grimmy asking Harry if he wanted to sit down, Harry play punching him (we've seen a pic of this before), and just Harry's behaviour around Grimmy's friends, and vice versa. And Henry Holland and Gells' Diesel models story. I really really enjoyed the show, but then I love Grimmy anyway, and have been a loyal R1 listener since the days of Mark and Lard, Moylesy at drive-time etc, so this was a seminal R1 show for me, Harry aside. He did make it a lot more interesting though!
- Ew, not Pixie Geldof! Dear God, anyone, ANYONE but her!
- I clicked on this thread just to say -- Jesus Christ! Who cares?
- People know Harry was out with Nick and friends because there is actual photographic evidence for it, L Girl -unlike your increasingly tiresome Harry/Caroline Flack fantasy.
-  Can you explain about the "strict instructions from Hackford Jones PR"? Who did they rep? Any evidence to back this up?
 Not a Brit here - what's wrong with Pixie Geldof? Besides her first name.
- Exactly, r194. Why would people on a gay gossip forum care whether the biggest teen idol in the world (ok, second biggest, after Bieber) is in a gay relationship with an older man or not? It makes no sense.
- R195, I really dislike the idea of Harry and Flack together (which is probably why I may read too much into things about them)
If you think my views on them are akin to fantasy, I'm quite comforted by that tbh! (& pleased to see pics of H still partying with Grim. I like them a a couple)
R189 & R192, You sound like people in the know...
- I dont get the people bitching about "bullying". People are snarky here, everyone gets ribbed. Who gives a shit.....unless you have no life outside of celebrity discussion forums.
I really wish I could care about Nick Grimshaw. I loved the Louis/Harry speculation, I was here every few days to catch up. But with this guy, all I can think is "eeewwww!". Dont think I'll be back.
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
I don't think Nick is gross or anything but I'd rather Harry be with Louis. To be honest I'd rather read gossip about Harry and Caroline.
- This Nick Grimshaw is 28 years old, right? And Harry is 18. I'm sorry but this relationship it does not seem cute or healty at all, rather perverse. Grimshaw can't find sexual parteners his age or what? Harry is an impressionable and (I think) not fully matured boy and this guy take advantage because he is obsessed with him (Grimshaw himself confessed that many times). A grown man obsessed with a teenager needs a really good check to the doctor, imo.
- Pixie Geldof is totally cute. She's a sexy girl who needs to go home with someone who wants a piece. That's clearly not Harry. Of course I'm way over 10 years older than that girl so I'm sure R201 would call me a perv for my nasty nasty thoughts!
The blah, blah, blah about Harry being oh so young and impressionable is fucking retarded. By his age I was fucking a 38 year old woman. Going older sometimes happens and 10 years older is nada in the scheme of things. Neither of these two look like they are using the other for anything beyond sharing some laughs.
Point is these two interact really well. More likely that Harry would be cockteasing Grimmy, although I'm doubting it. Either the two are fucking or they've established clear boundaries as friends. Obviously they share certain characteristics that has allowed their friendship to thrive. Even though *gasp* there is a decade difference in age. Will no one think about the children?! (Not like I'm currently thinking currently thinking about Pixie Geldof b/c that would be inappropriate).
- If Harry and Louis ever had a thing I fully believe Grimmy is the reason they broke up. His evident dislike of Louis (saying on his show that he's not a fan of this boy, trying to humiliate him by implying he is fat in front of Harry) and the influence he has on Harry are sufficient proofs of this.
- So what exactly IS the CURRENT living situation of Louis & Harry??? I know they were sharing an apartment together, then all of a sudden they were supposedly house/apartment shopping separately. Regardless of whether either have bought real estate of their own, has it ever been actually confirmed that either of them moved out of their apartment?
- R204 They are still living together although it sends the anti-Larry brigade into a frenzy of denial.
- They still share a flat, which the Larry brigade use as evidence that they are dating. Completely ignoring the fact that Harry spends so many nights over at Grimmy's. Harry admitted himself that he used to go to Grimmy's Radio 1 10pm-12 midnight show practically every night, which we knew anyway.
- Who cares if Larry share a flat. That's not really evidence for anything. Members in bands have been known to share flats since the beginning of working in a band. Whether successful or not doesn't matter. Especially boyband members who tend to be products and are expected to spend a lot of time together due to their singing, dancing, promoting, etc.
Zayn is really the hottest one and the one who can sing. Hopefully his career doesn't stall after the group breaks up.
- R199 A very under-dressed Caroline Flack was at Dermot O'Leary's wedding today on her owney-own.
- Can someone start an Ass of Louis Part 9 thread already???
- Thank you to those who responded to my post R204. I just have some thoughts about different things that I am trying to sort out.
So they continue to live together in the flat. Alrighty then. I'd like to touch on the "Larry Denial But Not Really" interview from late May, link provided, starts at about 16:00. It is obvious that the boys (and mgmt)knew they were going to be asked about Larry, and it was clearly decided before-hand that Louis would be the one to handle the answers.
What strikes me about the Larry part of the interview is their behavior. If they are truly just best mates who care about each other in a purely platonic way, why aren't they laughing and joking around about "Larry"? They could have easily done so without offending/alienating the Larry shippers. If these boys are just good friends then there is really no good reason for why they couldn't laugh it off and then gently state to the effect that they are NOT in a romantic or sexual relationship.
Instead, they appeared extremely uncomfortable and rather serious. Harry is clearly agitated and not happy at all. Louis, I am torn... he is trying to be diplomatic in his response, it appears that he is trying to spare Harry's feelings. BUT... is it because they are "together" and he feels bad having to lie about it? Or... WERE they together and are no longer, and Louis feels guilty about having to pour that salt on Harry's wound? Either way, I find it crazy ironic that in the midst of their attempt to convince the world that there is no Larry, they keep touching each other. It's like Louis could not help himself from putting his arm around Harry to comfort him. Shortly after, Harry is touching Louis' chest. And most importantly... did they ever really deny anything??? No! :)
Notice also that the other boys jump in to try and help them out. When the interviewer asks something to the effect of "why do the fans focus on you two so much" Liam chimes in "well, it's probably because they live together". Followed by the collective face-palming of the entire 1D mgmt team.
Funny how only days later, on June 2nd, the Examiner runs an article titled "Louis Tomlinson buys six-bedroom home in north London for $4 million". And this blurb: "Tomlinson is the second member of One Direction to buy his own home. As previously reported, Harry Styles, 18, bought a London apartment for $920,000 (or £575,000) in early 2012. Styles and Tomlinson used to live together in a London luxury apartment, in a building where the other members of One Direction (Liam Payne, Zayn Malik and Niall Horan) still live."
So what happened to this real estate that Louis & Harry bought independent of each other? Did that ever really happen, or was it a diversion tactic? Smokescreen?
Here we are, mid September, and Louis & Harry are STILL living TOGETHER in their ORIGINAL flat (is that correct?)
If Harry & Grimmy are together, well... Grimmy is certainly a very understanding boyfriend. Knowing how fond Harry was/is of Louis, he must really trust Harry to be ok with him continuing to live with Louis. Especially since Harry has plenty of $$$ to move somewhere on his own. If he really wanted to. Just sayin'.
I know this has been brought up before and I agree... for two boys who are "best mates" and who continue to live together I don't understand why they are NEVER seen together outside of their apartment. When is the last time they were pap'd together, aside from 1D-related? Sorry, it's just WEIRD. That's my opinion.
Oh, and yes, I DO think that living arrangements in this particular situation could be important. But again, just my opinion. :)
- Apologies in advance for this essay, but I feel obliged to address the points R210 raised.
R 210 - you only find it confusing if you're hellbent on believing "Larry" is/was a secret relationship being hidden by management. It is pretty obvious that Harry has had a huge crush on Louis since forever - probably abating as he gets closer to Nick, but that's me guessing, as I'm not in his head - but I have never seen any evidence of Louis's love for Harry being anything more than "little-brotherly".
Louis went along with the bromance thing initially, t.A.T.u-style, but when people started interpreting all their tweets and actions as signs of a romance, he started doing less of it and in any case he was becoming serious with his new girlfriend. What sort of secret relationship would make someone tweet stuff like "we live together, deal with it" or "just bought this album cover with my love's face on it"? This sounds like just what the McFly lads used to do (they were worse in fact - Harry and Dougie would pretend-kiss, lie in bed together and strip each other off, knowing it drove many fans wild). And who can forget t.A.T.u doing the same thing years ago?
As has been said, there's nothing strange about their living arrangements. 2 of JLS shared a flat in the same apartment block, and all the Little Mix girls are sharing (Jade with Perrie, Leigh Ann with Jesy) right now. The reports about the boys buying expensive houses (wasn't just Louis and Harry - Zayn had a story too) were most likely a PR plant to keep them in the UK press when they were away, and to give people the impression that the band is really sucessful (they've sold fewer albums than most people would think, considering the hype).
One reason they're never papped together around the complex is because Harry is rarely there. Most Harry off-duty sightings are around Primrose Hill, Kentish town and Hampstead (i.e. where Nick lives) and Louis seems to have morphed into a middle-aged man, choosing to spend almost all his spare time wirh Eleanor, either at home or shopping, her favourite past-time. The apartment block is huge and gated, so unless paparazzi wait outside it 24/7 there won't be pics of the boys coming and going, and how would that be of any interest to anyone? UK paps don't hang around celeb's homes anyway unless there's a huge story breaking about them. And Louis and Harry very rarely socialise together - contrary to what many fans think there is no photo ban on pics of "Larry". This can only be done (here in the UK) via an injunctionm and no such injunction exists.
Finally, regarding Louis and Harry's behaviour when Larry is brought up. I don't see what is confusing about a guy aware that one of his best friends has a huge crush on him which is mostly unrequited. He reacted in the same way both times, speaking carefully with a comforting arm round Harry's shoulders. It's not Larry being a secret romance that made him so measured, it was most likely his close friend beside him whose feelings he didn't want to hurt. However we know how he (Louis) really feels about Larry as he, Eleanor, his mother, sisters, and mother's boyfriend have all blocked Larry tinhatters on twitter. The tinhatters believe this was in fact "management's" doing, which just sums up this sorry saga for me.
Ps: isn't it funny how Larry "believers" proudly promote themselves as gay rights supporters and accuse non-believers of homophobia, but the minute it seems Harry may truly be in a gay relationship but with another man, suddenly it's "not cute, eww, sordid, gross, yukky, borderline paedophilia" etc....
- This thread is absolutely hilarious.
It's possible for straight men and gay guys of different ages to be friends. Harry's like any modern open-minded British kid. He just doesn't care.
Harry's straight. Get over it.
So straight that he can't stop touching the leg of his best friend during this whole interview.
Now say that this best friend is straight as well, and I think you AND this thread are absolutely hilarious.
- Thanks to the internet PDAs between men is more popular than ever.
I feel like an old fart already for remembering the whole youtube clips fad of emo guys kissing each other for shits and giggles.
- R212 I think most of this thread know it's perfectly normal for a straight man and a gay man of different ages to be good friends, that isn't really the issue here. It's more the sheer AMOUNT of time they've been spending together, plus the fact the things they do together are so couple-y. E.g. spending Valentine's day together, having dinner with various members of Nick's family, going to his house for Christmas, etc etc.
I'm personally not convinced they're in a relationship (or that Harry is anything other than straight) but I can absolutely see why people would think they are.
- Grimmy's comment about Harry's karaoke go-to being "I'm Coming Out" by Diana Ross leads to me to believe that they're not in a relationship and Styles is not gay.
I was interested to hear that every Sunday morning, Grimmy's flat has been a turnstile of models.
- R216 - That comment related to when Grimmy, Henry Holland and Gillian Orr shared a house over a year ago. It was an interesting comment though, as Grimmy likes to give the impression that his love life is nonexistent.
And it wasn't Grimmy who made that comment, it was Example. And someone else in the background laughed and shrieked nervously. Grimmy just pointed at Harry, who was off-camera at the time.
- If they are just friends they have hardly been apart recently and who knows a few months ago when they weren't being followed so much as not as many people where questioning if they are together or not.
- I'd be more interested if Harry was dating posh hottie totty Jack Whitehall.
- Harry is gay and him and Grimshaw have a thing, imo. The rumours about him (in gay community) are substantial,the proofs are numerous, you only need to open your eyes and not be fooled by his reputation as ladies man (well maintained by his management). Only woman with whom he had a "relationship" is Caroline Flack, more than 9 months ago (practically he was seen leaving her house in the morning just one time and this was the big "proof" they slept together. Let's not forget Flack is a very close friend of Grimshaw. Louis I really believe is straight (maybe bi-curious?). The rumours about him being gay are nonexistent. He just come home from a long vacation with his girlfriend. I don't think somebody (read management) forced him to spend time with her, I think she is trully his girlfriend.
- If Styles was gay, Grimshaw would not joke about "I'm Coming Out", because coming out would be a real, serious issue to a pin-up pop star.
- As a female who's been involved with both sexes. These two (Louis and Harry) thoroughly confuse me. Grimmy is definitely gay, but I get the feeling that Louis is really fucking confused.
I see it as Harry being the one that is comfortable in his sexuality, whatever it may be. While Louis seems deathly afraid to acknowledge it. Harry is an open book, while Louis seems to be so guarded and defensive. I think Harry wants what he has with grimmy, with Lou. He wants to be open he wants all that shkt but it's complicated and confusing.
I think Harry is definitely gay or bi and Louis is still trying to find his way. Eleanor could be a beard, but who needs a beard around on your time off. Ever since the VMA's they've been attached at the hip. It doesn't make sense.
If Harry is gay, why not give him a beard than instead of Lou? These two are a complete mind fuck.
- It wasn't really Grimmy that made the joke though. He pointed of camera where no one would have known he was talking about Harry and then Example said the part about it being his next single. I don't think he's full blown gay, but I think there's a lot pointing at him not being straight. It seems like everyone tries to play all that off as coincidence, which it could be sometimes, but I feel like when you put everything together, it's just way too much.
- Haha, just as I predicted...
- The next day after the final radio show, Harry was pictured looking at luxury cars. One or two people commented on Twitter that Harry was wearing a Grey t-shirt very similar to the one Grimmy wore to the final show and on the night out. The pics were not that close up that I saw, so I'm not sure. Maybe he only left with her?
- Pixie and Harry are acquaintances, not friends. She has a boyfriend, and she only ever socialises with Harry as a group which always includes Grimmy. She is a very close friend of Grimmy's and holidayed in Ibiza with him in July. Most likely they were all heading to Primrose Hill, but as usual Grimmy and Harry left in separate cars.
The Examiner article below got it right:
- He was also wearing the smart shoes and jeans from the night before and was in Hampstead so it does look like he may have stayed over?
Also, the pics of Pixie and Harry being driven away in his car also show Aimee Phillips and another woman In the car. I doubt there is anything to that story.
On a different note, Robbie Williams was discussing the comparisons between Harry and himself this week. He said;
"Everyone is a ladies' man or a man's man, whatever your persuasion might be. He (Harry) is just having a nice time"
He was probably just being PC but it struck me as an unusual thing to say? (particularly given Harry's rep with women)
- Apparently Louis outright denied Larry on twitter today, referring to it as "the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard."
The tweet is deleted now but someone screen capped it.
- It's not deleted - people forget to press view replies. It's still visible on phones, where there isn't the option to hide replies.
Of course the usual is flying around, that it was management or that Louis's just not ready to come out. I think it's pretty clear the tweet is Louis. And I think it's becoming clear that Eleanor is actually his girlfriend (he DM'd someone about her and it's been screenshotted if anyone can find.)
That tweet sounds like someone exasperated and annoyed. Shipping is fine, but the Larry fandom don't seem to understand the rules - it's not shipping for them anymore, it's a quest to uncover the truth. Whether those involved want that or not; and whether or not the whole thing is true in the first place.
- That was a terrible move - no doubt by Louis. Not tactful at all. Whether Larry is real or not, that was probably the worst way to react to that fan.
It's never good to be seen screaming the equivalent of "I'm not gay!"
- I love that people are still discussing One Direction on here. It's so cute! Not be sarcastic btw.
- Out of ALL the tweets, he sees that one. The girl didn't even tweet to him. I have no idea what to say about their conundrum. It's weird.
Wouldn't it just be easier to address supportive fans, than to pick that tweet to respond to? It doesn't make sense. Meanwhile Harry pays no attention to any of this.
- That's the danger of 'shipping'. It's all fun and harmless at the beginning, but then some hardcore fans get all 'Misery' and obsess about it.
Personally I am a bit put off by all that blatant gaybaiting now. Larry, Sterek (Stiles and Derek from Teen Wolf), the Harries twins, etc. When it's PR it doesn't matter if it is gay or straight themed. It's still fake and its goal is to make me pay attention and more importantly pay good money on celebs' products.
PR kills honesty and WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).
But on the other hand the overwhelming fakeness makes me even more interested in the stuff celebs and their handlers doesn't want me to know about.
- I'm assuming most on this thread are british becuase i have no clue who these names are. I know OD but i really couln't give faces to the names.
Isn't it exhasting trying to guess peoples sexualities? Let them do what they want, if they want to hide their sexuality, let them hide. Maybe they are straight, who knows, who really cares.
- That Larry tweet was freaking HILARIOUS. Oh lord the meltdown of fangirls. Idiots. As was mentioned, fans need to understand that there are boundaries. Chill the fuck out. At some point the parties involved get annoyed if they are constantly bombarded by the fangirls pushing the slash. Whatevers. The whole crying, shaking, upset, 'boo hoo management is so EVUL' is always amusing in these cases.
The Sterek gaybaiting is also ridiculous but at least the girls know it's a show. They are just too stupid to realize that Jeff Davis is fucking with their head and won't be making Sterek an official pairing. Which is the norm since most shows screw up and don't use male/male chemistry to their advantage by giving them an actual gay storyline.
- I hate when people go to threads just to say "Does it matter?" or "Who cares?" Obviously sexuality doesn't, or shouldn't, matter. It's called curiousity. People are always curious about celebs lives. They want to know what kind of music they like, they favorite colors, and who they may be dating. I don't see why discussing their sexuality is any different than discussing all that other stuff. None of it's more important than the other.
- L Girl, Robbie Williams isn't being PC, he's bisexual. There were rumors about him and one of his boyband mates back in 1990. I remember my friend told me about all the gay rumors about Robbie hooking up with Mark Owen or was it Gary Barlow? I don't remember, she was the one into that ship back in the day. That's why I joke that the Larry shippers don't know their history. Take That members also played it up and got shipped back during the prehistory internet era of e groups.
Point is Robbie would make a comment like that since hello, we know he's sucked his fair share of cock (whether he sucked one of his bandmates from Take That, it's another matter).
- Old school, It was Mark, I remember those rumours! My friend's hairdresser also caught him with some guy at Fridge in Brixton, apparently...
Assumed it was all rubbish at the time though.
Seeing more and more tweets from industry peeps re Harry though. Definately think there is something to those rumours.
You can understand Louis' frustration if Harry really is the one with the secret rather than him.
- In news regarding the subplot mystery of whether Harry is Jewish, he wished his Jewish followers a happy Rosh Hashanah for the second year in a row.
- This already posted?
"Harry Styles thinks Liam Payne would make a great boyfriend"
- r235, Sterek shippers are next I can feel it...dylan o'brien (Stiles) is a big fan of One direction and is prob taking notes.. same thing with MTV who is aware of fandoms on tumblr they tagged the ship names like "STEREK" and "Larry"
- Well, I always thought that Lirry was the [italic]real[/italic] pairing...The ass of Liam part one?
- L Girl, was it Mark Owen who got caught with the dude or was it Robbie? I just assumed Robbie was the only cockhound in that group! Of course the others were young and who knows what happened.
Re: Sterek. Oh man I could see those Sterek girls ultimately going the same route as 1D fangirls. They are nutso over Jeff Davis' b.s. about possibly making Sterek a pairing. I personally see more chemistry between the two male actors versus characters. The actors play it up and they are so very adorable in their bromance (real or not). I could totally see the fans going nuts on poor Dylan O'Brien. Aww, Dylan is such a cup cake. Jeez, he and Pixie make me feel like an old pervert.
Old School, who usually doesn't check out the kiddies
- r243,Jeff is obviously trying to sink the Sterek ship with the rumors of Derek getting a female love interest and making him much older than 23. He's just being extra nice to the fandom because of the gay snub from the EW poll which got bad publicity and was even mentioned on tv. Honestly I feel bad for the sterek shippers because Jeff is clearly fucking with them.
- Can't believe you guys aren't commenting on Louis' Twitter meltdown today.
My sense, though it's pure speculation because I have no proof of anything, is that Louis and Harry messed around a little but were never a full-fledged couple. I think Harry's really gay while Louis may be bi or just experimented a few times with guys.
I wonder if Harry started hanging with Grimshaw et al to take the pressure off Louis but it doesn't seem to be working. Louis blows a gasket like every other week now.
- Old School, Nope, not Mark. Just some random.
- R244, you got it right. Jeff is going to sink that ship. He knows he has to tiptoe around the situation/intense slash fans but it's going to go down like the Supernatural fandom and their craziness. Although those SN girls put the 'crazy' in 'batshit crazy', I should know I'm part of that fandom (not the J2 which is an even crazier fandom, but SPN...God help me).
BTW have you checked out the afterelton slash awards? L-U-N-A-C-Y. Some of those little girls think that if Sterek wins the afterelton slash pairing vote that somehow it's going to convince MTV/Jeff. Hello, they have no idea that MTV ain't going to make one of their show's heartthrobs a cocksucker much less two (although we can argue that Dylan may not be a hearthrob in the usual sense). Fandom sometimes doesn't realize that the majority don't give a shit about the ship. Sure the intense minority make noise but that isn't going to change squat.
Getting back. Harry knows how to stick a knife in those poor girls. Mentioning Liam being his bf choice, ha.
- Old School, sorry, just reread your question. It was Robbie caught with a random (apparently)
- r245 - Louis be crazy. Here are some selections for the twitter meltdown.
[quote]I love all our true fans so fucking much! That's a promise ! I assure you all I'm always true to myself ! #embarrassingtweet
[quote]@skyleridk Hows this , Larry is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. I'm happy why can't you accept that.
[quote]Still months on reading ridiculous conspiracy theories.It's upsetting that I have to read them daily.Thank god for the lovely people on here
- R244 - Louis blows a gasket because of people insisting he's gay or bi when he has only ever dated women and is in a serious relationship with a girl. The so-called evidence that he was dating Harry is bullshit - like people in a secret relationships go around kissing each other's dolls and pictures to the cameras. The boys were clearly close friends playing up their bromance for popularity like many before them had done, but with 1D having an unusually young fanbase, and with a lot of the videos being viewed after they have been altered (slowed down, re-captioned, viewed out of context) the bromance suddenly became a 'secret romance' overnight.
I feel sorry for 1D as I think Louis has underestimated how many fans believed this romance nonsense (I'd say a significant percentage of new fans) and it could affect their sales/tour tickets as a lot of fans like them for "Larry" and not much else, and then invest in them almost as an aside...
- Surely a measured and official denial would have worked wonders for quelling the rumors. Now, they have a boybander who looks desperate in not being perceived as gay as well as a bully. And probably the worst from the meltdown:
[quote]@KylieeAlex people like you reflect so badly on our incredible fan base. Go and waste your time somewhere else.
Who singles out fans like that? Isn't the first rule of celebrity not responding personally online? Yikes.
- I was glad louis called out the Larry fans but now with his recent tweets I just feel sorry for all of them. Larry was the part of the reason 1 direction became popular..
- But I think the intensity of Louis' anger suggests he's hiding something. If he were really 100% straight and comfortable with his sexuality, wouldn't he just laugh it off and move on? Whether he's gay, bi or straight he's definitely insecure about himself.
Harry's been a bit more mature about the whole thing and just tried to distance himself from Louis. I get the feeling Harry would rather be out but he's towing the line to satisfy management and Louis.
- Harry's easy going attitude and open-mindness makes me respect him even more... him hanging out with a gay man who is 10 years older and is clearly flamboyant is much more dangerous to his popstar reputation thn little girls shipping "Larry Stylenson"..I bet Louis wouldn't be caught dead being seen with Nick.
- The intensity of his anger only suggests that he's at a breaking point. He stated it clearly, everyday he's dealing with these girls harrassment. His gf's school gets emailed by the fans, his sisters get bothered. It's pretty obvious that the idiots are the fangirls who broke the fourth wall. That shit has always been around (shipping) but most fans weren't stupid enough to bother the real life people with their inane conspiracy theories. Hell, most of us felt weird when one of the girls would confront the guys in real life about it and that didn't happen as often as it's going on with Louis. If these fans had any common sense they wouldn't have pissed off half their dream pairing with their ridiculousness.
- They seem really gay in their videos.
- BTW, I love how the bitches on ONTD are ripping Larry shippers a new one over this. They keep on posting the inane fangirl meltdown posts from tumblr and twitter. Days like this are always good on ontd.
- I agree with R 255. People assume that as he's rich and famous, there's no way Eleanor would ever end the relationship but of course she can, at any time. She's the one who has to read stuff like "the reason Louis takes El to starbucks so much is because they allow dogs" and surely he must be shitscared he'll lose her? I've seen men fall out with family and close friends over girlfriends, and I'm sure we've all read of men who kill themselves when their relationships end etc. People assume Louis is very secure in the relationship, but they've only been together for a year and considering how much time and money he has invested in her, it seems (to me) that he thinks the world of her. I think this is why he lost it today.
I'm glad he called the shippers out but he could have done it more diplomatically, and without swearing. I do feel sorry for Harry - the tweet about Zayn was unneccessary and I felt belittled his close friendship with him. As usual Harry has stayed out of it, tweeting about buying toes from ebay - bless him.
- I don't think it's fair to blame it solely on the fangirls and shippers. A lot of young celebrities have crazy stuff said about them but they don't let it get to them like Louis does. Maybe it's partly youthful immaturity but these meltdowns just feed the "conspiracy theories" even more.
- You only act that way when you're in denial. Simple.
- Paying attention to social media and what the 1D fangirls did makes it clear why he got pissed. Everyone has a breaking point. I'm surprised he didn't go off earlier.
Twitter, tumblr and the immaturity of some fandoms have changed things for the worse for some acts. 1D is young and just a product. They weren't boys who worked for years with one another and took time to become famous. They became a phenomenon like is typical for 15 minute boybands.
Not surprising Louis made the comments he did. It's the one's excusing the batshit crazy fan behavior that I don't understand. Those of us who've been in fandom should look at our fandom objectively and understand that some members fuck everything up with their obsessions and lack of interpersonal skills/boundaries. In addition, the fangirls will look to anything and say that it's a 'sign' that their conspiracy theory is valid. If he never addressed it, that would feed their conspiracy theory. If he got pissy, that feeds their conspiracy. If he walked down the street, that would feed their obsession. Doesn't matter what he does.
BTW got to give props to Louis gf who seem to be handling everything better than Ryan Ross' exes. I remember Ryan's gf's would have online blog/lj breakdowns when fans harrassed them. Or in the case of Ryan and Brendon's ex's when the group was getting famous, the girls messaged that Ryden was gay for one another.
Ryden had more conspiracy theories and true believers than 1D but the fans were a little bit older and many were part of bandom so they mostly towed the line in terms of no overharrassment of the guys (although the pissy pic of Brendon when asked to hold up the Ryden Exists sign looks like he was at his last nerve. And it was taken a few months before the band broke up, aww).
- r260. Agreed. Plus, several ex-schoolmates have let slip that Louis bullied several gay kids particularly hard. Part of me wants to think he's out and healthy to the people around him and not self loathing, but he's probably inbetween or a straight man with major insecurities.
Old school - it totally matters how this was done. This was one of the worst ways for a denial to get out there in the way it is both damaging and provoking in all the wrong ways. Because of the anger, the hatred to a fan, and the insistance that he's happy while melting down on twitter and being exasperated at the mention of him possibly being gay is more interesting than anything.
[quote]@skyleridk Hows this , Larry is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. I'm happy why can't you accept that.
- He could have gone about it without calling out teenaged girls in front of millions of people. I understand why he'd be upset, but he's a 20 year old man calling out young girls when he should know how much hate that would get them sent. I do think fans should stop sending the boys and people close to them things about Larry because obviously it does nothing but cause problems, but I think he went a little too crazy on twitter today. Then with the tweet to Zayn, it seemed like he tried to make it seem like him and Harry aren't even friends at all anymore. Most of just seemed a little over the top and unnecessary.
- The fans are overreacting to the twitter comments. Based on online comments many people understand louis position. Since he denied it before in a light manner, it's not as if he could state it in any manner w/o the overreaction from the overly invested fanbase. This will die down until Harry and nick's next picture together looking like lovebirds and then that will bring the Larry fans new drama.
- First, @ R210, I'd like to make it very clear that I am NOT a "Larry Shipper" :). You bring up some very good points... I can see now that it is very possible that the reporting on their real estate shopping was done to promote a successful image of the group; I found the timing quite odd but it was probably just coincidence and perhaps I read more into it.
I cannot agree, however, with a simple brushing off of Louis' involvement in the "Larry" drama as him just going along with Harry's little crush on him. While I agree that Harry's feelings for Louis were more intense, they were certainly reciprocated.
Louis' tantrum on Twitter today... I just don't even know what to say that hasn't already been said. I noticed that the Huffington Post ran two articles within the past week or two on Larry Stylinson, complete with Larry YouTube videos and all... it was really over-the-top. Maybe the recent dredging up of Larry in the media is what is pushing Louis over the edge.
It is possible that the Zayn tweet was meant to snub Harry, but it is also possible that Louis felt Zayn could relate seeing as Zayn just went through his own Twitter meltdown a few weeks ago.
- He could have done what Zayn did before he deleted his twitter. He tweeted that he was upset with what people were telling him about his relationship being fake and talking about him cheating. He said he was deleting because he didn't want the drama and that was that. Yeah people were still upset, but they were upset that he deleted not at what he said because he had the right to say it. He didn't call anyone individually out and said what he had to say without going crazy. He has the right to protect the people he cares about from hate, but calling people out individually just fuels the fire in my opinion.
- However it's fine that out of the whole band, Louis gets singled out and bullied for his "treatment" of Harry by thousands of fans? And if someone was tweeting him homophobic comments, no one would bat an eyelid at an angry reaction, at someone being singled out for what they've sent, but because the comments are often heterophobic and misogynistic (to his girlfriend, his sisters, his mum) he should just lie down, take it and/or ignore it?
And throughout it all, cuppycake Harry comes out smelling like roses for saying nothing at all.
He's allowed to be straight and he's allowed to voice his dissatisfaction with how people are portraying him or talking to him, whether they think they're being "supportive" or not.
Eleanor won't put up with the hatefullness for long and nor should she. His actual relationship, with a girl he has continually professed to be in love with, is being threatened. If people continue to say they believe in it because there's no denial, what exactly was the next logical step for him to take in order to show his girlfriend he doesn't accept their treatment of her or their relationship?
If you'd told him two years ago he'd be in this situation, he probably would have kept his affection for Harry to himself and away from the cameras or just told them to fuck off. What he deals with isn't normal fan behaviour at a normal level; especially when, in comparison to Harry who gets nothing but love and understanding and compassion from these misguided fans, he gets hate and a bad reputation as a homophobe and a coward.
- He can voice his opinions, deny Larry, and defend his girlfriend all without singling young girls out.
- If you're prepared to directly contact someone seeking their praise, especially on a sensitive subject such as this, you have to be prepared to accept what they have to say back. He's not an automated robot, nor is he a mature adult; he's a young man whose relationship and personality are constantly under attack.
I understand the girl he tweeted the bullshit comment to did not directly tweet him; but she probably has done in the past. If she hasn't then he shouldn't have picked her out of the blue. However, when she says on her twitter that the messages she gets makes her depressed - imagine how it feels to get that and feel that way everyday. She's allowed to scream and shout and insult to the people who offend her, but comparitively Louis can do very little.
And the girls who say that Larry not being real or Louis's words have made them depressed or even started them cutting again - he does not exist to make you happy by being someone he's not. They can't blame him for their emotional states and I think telling someone they're the reason you are unhappy or that you have made moves towards suicide is just as bad, if not worse, than flippantly telling someone to go die. Putting that on someone's shoulders is completely wrong.
- Oh, my god:
- Wow.. this thread. LOL. Actually, Louis' behavior today just reinforced what most Larry fans believed, that Harry and Louis are together and that his girlfriend is fake. If he had nothing to hide he wouldn't be overreacting like he did. If he knows he's straight and he loves his girlfriend.. why not laugh it off, like the guys in Panic at the Disco do? They just laugh it off.. Zayn laugh it off. I'm in another fandom right now, with lots of bromances.. they even play it up and post pictures of their bromance and caption it with the bromance name. Guess what.. they just *gasp* laugh when people think they're together! truth be told, guys who are secure in their own sexualities just laugh it off.. they know they have nothing to hide. Then you can ask yourself WHY Louis had this complete and utter meltdown.. if he really was completely straight and in love with his girlfriend, that should be enough.
And no.. I don't think it's fair to blame this on the Larry shippers. Don't get me wrong, larry shippers can be insane, and yes.. they have sent hate to Louis and Eleanor, and that is obviously not ok.. at all. It only makes it worse, but they don't get that. Anyway, first of all.. I just want to say that it's really unfair to blame the whole Larry fandom for what some idiots do on twitter. Fact is that the tumblr Larry shippers despise the Larry shippers on twitter, exactly because they don't respect the fourth wall. So not all Larry shippers are like that at all. Second, this time Larry shippers were NOT to blame. There was actually little talk about Larry on twitter before Louis' outburst. And he didn't reply to hate like some people here are implying.. no, he looked up a Larry shipper and bashed her. The Larry shipper didn't even tag him, which means he must have searched for Larry on twitter. Then you might ask why the outburst.. why now? I think something has happened.. something made him insecure. And I don't think it was hate this time.. it was something else.
The thing is, what Louis wrote was so unnecessary. He was totally out of line. Even IF he received hate (which I don't think was the case this time), there's ways of dealing with hate, and this is not the right way of dealing with hate. He should ignore it instead of drawing attention to it. If someone did harass his girlfriend, he should have said "please don't send hate to my girlfriend, I love her and please respect this. Larry is not real", or something like that. What he said was so out of line. You have to remember that Larry shippers are mostly teenage girls. Many of these have now received death threats from Elounor shippers. This brings me to another point.. Elounor shippers actually managaed to trend "Harry Styles should go kill himself" worldwide on twitter.. yet not a single peep from Louis or Harry about this.. it's ALWAYS the Larry shippers fault. Elounor shippers get away with everything, even asking other shippers to go kill themselves, hell.. even asking Harry to go kill himself. How come this goes ignored and Larry shippers are always attacked?
Louis was an idiot. he should have kept his mouth shut instead of drawing attention to it. He just made everything worse. Yes, they all receive hate, but this is not the way to deal with it. It just makes it look even more suspicious, because in ALL other fandoms they just laugh it off. If people were harassing Eleanor, why not address that instead of lashing out on ALL Larry fans? It doesn't make sense at all. Liam reacted a completely different way when Danielle received hate.
And if you ask me.. I still think Louis is gay and Eleanor is a cover up for his sexuality. No, I don't believe in Larry.. I think it's very likely that Harry is with Grimmy. But I do think that Louis is gay. My view on that hasn't changed, not even after this outburst. I still believe he's gay, because well.. I have eyes. And I still believe his relationship with his girlfriend is fake, because well.. I have eyes. That does not mean I support sending either of them hate OR tweeting them about Larry or about the gay issue.
- Links.. what you don't seem to get is that the Larry shippers are now killing themselves NOT because Louis denied Larry, but because they receive death threats from Elounor shippers. This gave ammunition to the people worshipping the ground that Eleanor walks on.
And btw.. I'm still baffled that you can think this gay boy is straight and his girlfriend is real. I tried having a straight face reading this thread, but wow.. reminds me why I stayed away from it in the first place.. and why I will continue to stay away. I just wanted go state my opinion on this whole twitter fiasco.. because the only voice heard in here is "Harry is great, Grimmy is great, they are perfect together, Louis is an asshole, but he's a straight asshole and obviously together with Eleanor."
Whatever. I know I'm right. So lets just see in a few years when he comes out with his tell all book. I can't wait to say to all of you "I told you so". But if you think that gay boy is straight and that his fake ass relationship with Eleanor is real.. then ok. Believe whatever you want. I don't even care, because I know I'm right.
Oh, and btw Links.. not all larry shippers are misogynic or women haters. I respect Eleanor. I have never sent her hate, but I refuse to be bullied into changing my opinion... it's not my fault some people believe everything they read. It's also hilarious that yet again Larry shippers receive all the hate. It's always their fault. Yet not one mention about Elounor shippers trending "harry should die" on twitter, or Elounor shippers on tumblr saying "Eleanor and Louis belong together.. a love is between a man and a woman" and other bullshit like that. Truth is many (not all.. but many) Elounor shippers are extremely homophobic. Yet nobody comments on this. It's always the larry shippers fault. They harass Eleanor and don't respect her (some send her hate.. but far from all). Yet this always gets attention, never the homophobic stuff from the Elounor shippers, and Louis is never called out on his homophobic tweets either.
You all play the victim game when it's obvious that you have no fucking idea what you're talking about. It's all black and white for you guys. Links for example mentioning Larry shippers being misogynic and aww, Eleanor is being a victim and we should feel soooooo bad for her, but not a single word about the homophobia in the fandom.
Whatever. I don't even care anymore. The entire fandom is fucked up. I do not like Louis, but I'm still convinced he's gay and I still think his girlfriend is fake. And yes, Harry as always is a saint, he's perfect. He's smart enough to shut up.
- What age is Louis? 21? Who among you would want that attention on your sexual orientation?
- R272, Make an appointment with a doctor love.
You're clearly crazy.
- r274: Co-signed.
- R274, R275, I third that.
Links, just wondering what your take was on Grimmy's last show (with Harry)?
- Oh L Girl the last show was a bit of bliss for me! I thought it was really interesting to see them interact on film for the first time (discounting the ads for Grimmy's show if that came before, I can't remember).
So I suppose the most controversial thing was the "outing" - well for one, no one was outed. The suggestion was made, first by Grimmy with his pen-point to Harry, which I think is more important, because did he know the camera was on him? If not, it was a pretty amateur mistake - he's used to having guests on with webcam (I suppose not as often as not, but still) and he knows the positioning and would be careful just in case it was the one showing at that moment. On the other hand, it was a very quick and also silent move, meant to be subtle and not heard by the listeners.
Example's contribution after that is pretty null and void - it was a loud and blatant joke, not homophobic I might add there's no reason to believe Example has a problem with people being gay. Either way, I don't think he'd out him - he's known the 1D boys generally for quite a while and doesn't have anything against them that we know of. The only thing you could call it - being tinhatty - is a double-bluff.
I just wish we'd seen Harry's face during this. His joking "hey, words hurt Grimmy" was pretty vague and didn't give much away.
So what actually hinted to a relationship? Well, the obvious "I'm here all the time, like every night" comment was very revealing. Friendly support maybe, but why is Harry spending two hours from ten until midnight in a studio where he can't talk or be seen on air and where his interaction with Nick must be fairly limited? It also koshes any any comments of "they don't spend THAT much time together, just a few nights out" because Harry's obviously with him fairly constantly. And I like to think going home with him afterwards.
Also - neither of them spend so much time with their respective (best) mates. So yes, fine, you could say it's two good friends hanging out - but they don't spend so much time with people they've known longer.
I thought physically they were quite cute, but not overly affectionate or touchy. Key moments for anyone interested were the "on air spoon" - which looked a bit like Harry half sitting on Grimmy but it's unclear. The play fighting after Grimmy's joke about Harry being in the wanted (for fannish types the wrist grab is a treat). Grimmy gives Harry a gentle face-punch during the kareoke section.
Which in itself was interesting - Harry seemed painfully shy of singing in front of Nick and his friends (not unusual - he's used to playing huge and very impersonal arenas and not for anyone whose opinion he cares about or who he wants to impress, and we know he does get stage fright I think). Nice that Nick didn't make him feel bad for this and kind of tried to make him feel more comfortable, as I think did Example, with their terrible singing and joking around.
Overall I think it's clear Nick's not using him or making fun of him - he obviously likes having him around and most importantly loves that Harry likes him (to whatever extent). They might not have "heart eyes", but I thought Nick looked at him kind of adoringly at times and Harry seemed very playful and sweet around him. And obviously always is from what Nick said about when he's in the studio (again, all the time).
Loved Henry Holland's Diesel casting story! Harry's very obviously not bothered by Nick's sexuality - or his promiscuity (although if the tweets we've seen are true, and from Nick's comments on Harry's virginity during the show, Harry's not got low numbers - did Nick seem smug, or is that just wishful thinking?).
Speaking of which, you mentioned more tweets L Girl - any links? And did you watch/listen to the show yourself?
- R 272 - all I can say is: dear oh dear. Agree with the universal suggestion of a medical review.. No wonder Louis flipped.
Great summary of Nick's wednesday show, Links. Took me right back! I had work the following day but stayed awake playing back my best bits until 2am that morning.
What did you think of the person who shrieked "oh my god" between Nick pointing at Harry and Example's "next single" joke?
- All of these entitles pukes look like their wigs are on backwards. Not attractive young men at all. They have the attitudinal air that they're so damn hot...Sorry, no way.
- Attitudinal air. El Oh El.
- [quote]Old school - it totally matters how this was done. This was one of the worst ways for a denial to get out there in the way it is both damaging and provoking in all the wrong ways. Because of the anger, the hatred to a fan, and the insistance that he's happy while melting down on twitter and being exasperated at the mention of him possibly being gay is more interesting than anything.
I have got to say that Twitter just goes too far anyway. The whole thing is madness in my eyes. But if One Direction's people had done the sensible thing of creating a General Update account rather than exposing the boys to the level of crazy that goes on, not just from some Larry fanatics but from all corners, then maybe this wouldn't happen. I sometimes wonder if Louis has a life outside of chasing people down on Twitter. He himself has gotten involved with arguments that did not concern him and his message to Rebecca Ferguson basically made me realise he lacks restraint and manners, though he cries for it from others. I say 'he', though it's hard to tell who is tweeting from these accounts.
To me Louis, and his whole family, are hugely over exposed on Twitter and have been for some time. It was never sensible. They all should have had private accounts.
In complete contrast though is Harry's seeming endless ability to steer clear of any retaliatory bullshit that flies about. He seems so much better than all of this.
- Of all the 1D boys, I think Harry gets twitter the most. I half expected him to tweet "I just had a Fro Yo. It was... frozen." midway through Louis' outburst. More than anything I love that he has an interesting life outside 1D. Today he's at the Burberry Prorsum show at LFW, and yesterday he was at his one year old god-daughter's birthday party. Thursday he was at Primal Scream's show for Ray Ban, and he attended weddings on both friday and saturday. And of course there was Nick's show/after-show party wednesday night. He's not mooching at home defending the universe and scrolling through abuse on twitter - or if he is he doesn't let on.
I think the next big story (or rehash of an old story, in this case) involving Harry will be that he's dating Cara Delevingne. I know it'll be a PR exercise as they've been pals since last year, but Cara would benefit from the publicity and Harry's PR people would love it. I adore them both anyway so I'd be more than happy to support their "relationship". I may be wrong though, but there is at least one article being penned on the subject as we speak - look out for it tomorrow :)
- Does anyone think the play fighting punches cheek touching during Grimmy's last show seemed a bit flirty especially the first ones after the wanted introduction.
- Agree with the consensus, R272 needs an intervention.
The only fans who approve the craziness are the more disturbed 12 year olds. The mature 12 year olds aren't offended by Louis' tweets.
Online the belief for many is that some Larry shippers go too far. Harassing Louis' sisters and mother included, so it's not just the girlfriend. Part of the twitter issue had to do with his mom being bashed. It's silly.
What's the worse that could happen? Are the fans going to drop Louis. No. Although I'm sure he wouldn't mind if the disturbed ones stopped being his fan.
Stuff like the following only makes the fans look bad. Most of us are sympathetic to Louis. The only exception being those who's investment has led them to thinking that they can break the 4th wall and act like obnoxious twits without suffering the consequences (getting called out).
"The 20-year-old embarked on the explosive Twitter rant against trolls last night when a deluded fan abused his mother, and another tweeted her saying she should have ‘aborted’ the pop star.
‘Can I ask why this is ok? To think someone would speak to my Mum like that sickens me. Grow the f*** up!’, he tweeted to his near six million followers.
Along with the comment he posted a screen-grab of what appears to be from his mobile phone with an abusive message from a fan directed at his mum.'
- We didn't even have to wait that long, R282. The mention has already been made; I did wonder if Cara was walking and if that would reignite the rumours. Harry attended LFW last year, though, and I think he has a genuine interest in style. The DM ran another article (I'll link in a follow-up post, for ease); implying Harry was looking at both Dita Von Teese (sat next to him) and the legs of the models; in their demonstrative pictures of this, his eyes were actually on neither.
R279 The oh my God actually came from whoever was filming the video on their laptop! You can tell from the volume of the voice and the clarity in comparison to those on the webcam. Also, the oh my God was present when watching live (which I managed to do - and then replayed the YouTube faves constantly until 2AM just as you did, snap!).
I found Grimmy's comments on Harry's virginity absolutely hilarious:
"Like a Virgin ... not Harry's next single" at which point Example cracked up, "released in the past. You can't even get that back on, like buy it back on EBay."
Just loved his smirky face when he said "released in the past"; in my head, he has been subject to Harry's non-virginal ways. In reality, probably just a joke.
Actually, rewatching (and I'll link the vid here so it makes sense and the articles referencing Harry, Cara and Harry's wandering eyes afterwards); at about 1.15, Harry asks "is that the never gonnna dance again one?" (on Careless Whisper) and Grimmy gives him a little proud (?!) nod. I am aware I'm going tinhatwards but the two of them make it very hard not to.
- Harry Styles of The Wandering Eye.
- Harry Styles only went to Burberry to scope out Cara.
- Thanks Links, great appraisal as always.
I did listen to the show and a few things stood out for me.
Re the 'outing', Grimmy seemed a bit awkward when mentioning the song, Example just seemed jokey and Harry seemed to respond with 'mock hurt'? I don't know whether they were mocking the rumours as they are NOT true, hinting that they ARE true or simply referencing them as they don't really care?
The comment about how much time H spends at the studio was interesting. Assuming it's true, it might suggest he has no significant other? (relevant as i still think it's possible he is secretly with Flack although I know I'm the only one) How candid he was on the subject was also surprising and could be interpreted as a sign they are just friends? However, there have been obvious attempts to hide the level of socialising they do together which contradicts that theory?
I agree with your point about how much time they spend together. G appears to spend most of his time with female friends, gay guys and Harry with Harry seemingly his most frequent companion. I know gay and straight guys can be close but I still think this situation is unusual?
I also thought H came across as very young, shy and a bit out of his depth (banterwise) with Grimmy's friends. Prompting the question whether he is part of that set simply as a 'friend' ?
All in all, it left me no clearer as to whether they are just friends or something more?
Regarding the tweets I mentioned, i won't link them as I wonder whether the tweets linked in thread 8 may have contributed to its demise but I'll outline them:
A london based gay guy that writes for a UK blog tweeted " Harry & Grimmy eh..."
Another London based gay guy who writes music reviews for the BBC responded " what, more, when, again!!"
Another London based gay guy who writes for a couple of uk gossip blogs (holy moly being one) tweeted the pic of Harry at James Corden's wedding and wrote " the gay triumvirate of Harry styles, Tom Daley & Russel Tovel in the same room at the same time"
Obviously, none of these serve as any sort of confirmation but there are an awful lot of industry people hinting or gossiping about the same thing now?
- [quote]If Styles was gay, Grimshaw would not joke about "I'm Coming Out", because coming out would be a real, serious issue to a pin-up pop star.
I just figured that it was with Harry's complete consent, as these shows are planned in advance to the letter. To get people desensitised to it by doing it in a bantery way?
[quote]I may be wrong though, but there is at least one article being penned on the subject as we speak - look out for it tomorrow :)
Already been done. All this week a rag or two was pushing that story, regarding New York. And then it was Pixie Geldof.
I think Harry will be an enigma until he decides to say what's what, if he chooses to. Until then it seems anyone can have a piece of Harry pie. He satisfies the gays and the straights with all his partying, soujourns to Nick's and the obvious press plants, probably by his own people.
I loved the tweet awhile back between Ed Sheeran and some male student about Harry wanting to get his number. A Larry shipper flipped out and accused him of having 'no right' to out Harry, even though she called herself 'Stylinson' and butted into a private conversation! Godamn Twitter! Even though we all know she was pissed because...OTP oh no.
I still think...maybe these boys lead a life the public don't see so they could be anything.
Louis, for all his public meltdowns (swiftly followed by reconciliatory charity tweets and fan overtures) may even be (shock!) a real live out gay male behind the scenes. The one thing I do not believe is that the girlfriend is real. I like her. But I don't buy that. Way to overcooked and contrived. That's off. And that's going on lots and lots of digging on my part. BUT, that's just opinion, I wouldn't dream of tweeting these people.
Though I like the idea of Harry with Louis I think it's now toxic. Harry may suddenly get a girlfriend or even continue to play the gay card but personally I think he and Louis are too different. If they had anything it seemed to me a very heated lustful fling that hasn't seagued seamlessly into the present. I would like to see Harry with Nick or some other person who is fun and is not afraid to be seen out with him.
He's very young so there's still plenty of time.
- There was an entire episode (pretwitter) of The West Wing about this.
Bad idea to engage the crazies.
- R282, I just wondered about something you said in a post a while back about the press and Gryles?
You said that Hackford Jones had instructed the press not to hint at Gryles when reporting on them?
I just wondered if you knew this for a fact or were assuming?
Also, if they have done this, would the papers agree to it and would they ignore other gossip by request?
I just wonder as Harry attended Dermot's wedding on Friday but no press mentioned it? They must have been aware of it?!
- [quote]The mature 12 year olds aren't offended by Louis' tweets.
Of course Louis has every right to put his foot down against harassing fans - but the way he phrased it was incredibly, incredibly ill-judged.
After all, if I'm not mistaken, the term "Larry" is not just used by the hardcore shippers (who are called "tinhatters", I think), but by many other fans as well, simply to describe the affectionate friendship between the two - not necessarily with implications of an actual romantic/sexual relationship.
Saying "Larry is the biggest bullshit I've ever heard" makes it seem like he's not only denying that he and Harry are romantically involved, but like he's denigrating the whole friendship (even if that wasn't his intention - and I don't think it was).
And since the friendships between the boys form a large part of their appeal, the tweet was, from a PR perspective, suicidal. I am utterly convinced that their PR people have already ripped him a new asshole over this.
- Btw, thank you to the person that posted the Zayn and Harry link.
Zayn is one I could always see with Harry, even more than Louis, because Zayn is just cool. They are pretty fruity with each other but in a less in your face way. But he also seems to really like Louis (who was calling out for Zayn's attention on Twitter, as if he's his confidante).
I wonder if Zayn ever feels tested? Not just loyalties, but other stuff...
Nod wink cough
- [quote]Saying "Larry is the biggest bullshit I've ever heard" makes it seem like he's not only denying that he and Harry are romantically involved, but like he's denigrating the whole friendship (even if that wasn't his intention - and I don't think it was).
Well 'Larry' is basically the 'fans eye view' of what he and Harry are about. I should expect that to Louis, he and Harry, whatever they are or aren't, are simply 'Louis and Harry'. Not engineered by teenage girls.
Because 'Larry' has been romanticised by teenage girls into an overtly doomed love story it doesn't necessarily take into account, things that never were, breakups, time outs, other err, bedfriends, etc.
He is probably less berating he and Harry as an entity than the completely off the charts Larry phenomenon that doesn't reflect he and Harry's reality, even if they are together.
It may also be nothing to him, nothing to him any more, or he simply wants to get people off his back and defend his privacy. Who knows. Could be anything.
I just think the guy spends far too much time on Twitter trying to swat people away. He should practice his vocal range instead.
- Hell, he's young enough he may just be crushing on Grimshaw. Straight boys do.
- [quote]Harry attended LFW last year, though
Didn't Nick too if I remember rightly? But a different show?
Sure I saw that in the wretched DM.
- I told you from the start Larry was bullshit. They were too similar to be lovers. Harry & Zayn on the other hand...
- [quote]Hell, he's young enough he may just be crushing on Grimshaw. Straight boys do.
Indeed, with a veritable palette of female beauties of all ages/shapes/sizes at his immediate disposal, I think it's splendid that straight boy Harry Styles chooses to "crush on" a 28 year old single gay DJ whose parents he lunches with, whom he drives to work: "I'm always here" and (allegedly) peels parsnips with the family at Christmas.
As you say it's surely just a flash in the pan. Couldn't possibly be anything else.
I think I'll keep an open mind meself
- Before I vamoose again, little thing on the grapevine so take with immense grain but apparently Cara is dating a girl, according to one rumour.
I can't back that up but I do remember someone tweeting her recently with did she like 'meat or fish' and she replied 'bit of both'.
I hope she never trims her eyebrows. They're awesome.
- Since the beginning..Harry was always the most popular one in the band. Louis was the useless one with no talent.. the only reason they like him in the first place is because of his friendship with Harry.
- Links - re the "oh my god". Of course! Even though I listened to it live it didn't occur to me that there'd be extraneous noise in subsequent recordings. I know I shouldn't be all tinhatty, but it did feel like it was Nick and friends on one side, and Harry Styles, Nick's *___* on the other. E.g. when Harry said "you guys are awful" etc.
R299 - I was going to mention just that in my R282 post but changed my mind! I reckon like Harry she's still figuring stuff out, but she is allegedly in a same sex lovin' stage at the moment... that's the word on the street. Emphasis on the allegedly!
LGirl - Regarding my Hackford Jones PR mention, well, someone I "know" (not in real life - I got to know this person after they contacted me online through a forum I post on to ask if they could use a post I'd written for an article). Anyway this person wrote a somewhat searching online article on H and N, not far off from the discussions on this thread. I don't want to say too much as I'm posting anonymously here and hopefully you can join the dots, but this tale ends with this person pulling said article and writing another article much like the one we see online all the time (Harry: babe magnet. Nick: wingman).
I'm interested in your Caroline theory. I don't see it at all as I don't believe Harry had anything more than a passing schoolboy crush for her, and he really seems to have moved on now. Compared with the intensity of his male friendships, girls/women only seem to play a peripheral role in his life. Apart from Lou Teasdale, but then she's also a work colleague and I think his closeness to her partially developed from from how isolated from the other boys he often is while on the road.
Regarding Dermot's wedding - Harry most certainly was there, and I think the lack of mentions is down to lazy journalism, similar to the lazy reports that Justin Bieber was at Nick's last show. Harry probably made a back door entrance to avoid taking attention off the couple, so he was not photographed entering or leaving, and all the tabloid stories were spun around the pap pics of people coming and going. Caroline was there, so that would have been the perfect opportunity for the usual non-story, but our tabloid hacks seemingly cannot put a story together if there are no helpful tweets or pap pics. Whatever happened to good old investigative tabloid journalism? (the phone-tapping scandal, that's what)
R300 - Harsh but... preach!!
- Harsh but accurate, R300. Louis has no vocal range whatsoever and it's a mystery to me how he ever got through his X Factor audition. The only thing that ever made him interesting was his friendship with Harry and he seems to have lost that.
Harry I can see having a viable solo career in the future, Louis will be back in Doncaster wondering what happened.
- R301, Thanks for replying.
I was (I think) the person who originally bought the idea of Grimmy & Harry to DL months ago and was pretty much convinced (as much as one can be without actually 'knowing' ) That they were a 'thing'
I have only become less sure about them in recent months because of the reappearance of Flack.
When they were 'together' they were reportedly 'in love' (although Flack has since stated 95% of the reports were false) However, there are few things that makes me believe they were involved (Flack's sister dropping him off, H admitting they were together to a journo before hastily retracting it, her leaving his flat etc..)
IF they were serious, I don't believe they would have ever split (for real) and therefore see it as a possibility that they could still be together?
A few things support this theory imo; the necklace, her moving the week H returned, Flack telling a barman "they were still on" a couple of months ago)
That said, I see equally strong evidence (for want of a better word) that H is gay/bi and involved with Nick. If it weren't for Flack, I would be pretty convinced they were together in some way.
What I am pretty sure of is that Harry's womanising image peddled by the press is a cover. A cover for a relationship with Flack, Grimmy or simply gay/bi leanings Harry may have.
(I should add that I think the idea of H with Flack is pretty unpleasant so it is quite possible I might read too much into info about them)
- Louis and his family are far too over-exposed on Twitter, R281. His 8 year old twin sisters have an account (they got "Eleanor Flawless Calder" trending today) and his mother over-shares and engages in silly arguments with teenagers that don't make anyone look good. She seems to like the attention though.
The tweets from Louis yesterday suggest he deliberately goes searching for "Larry" even when said tweets make no mention of him by name. That's a level of obsession that's really quite odd for a wealthy, successful 20 year old popstar; hasn't he got better things to do?
- [quote]If they had anything it seemed to me a very heated lustful fling that hasn't seagued seamlessly into the present.
Which is why the "Larry is the biggest load (load, omg) of bullshit ever" tweet sounds more like the shout from a discontent ex-lover than a real denial of anything.
r290 - that episode was inspired by Sorkin's real life postings on TwoP...which were far less inflammatory when compared to Louis's crusades. Another great crazy fan put down was Tina Fey's acceptance speech for her Golden Globe (at the link).
- R301, Sorry, meant to ask in my previous post, was the rewritten N & H article you referred to posted on an 'official' online news outlet, one that I might be familiar with? Or, written by someone with a personal blog?
- Hi again, L Girl. The thing with Flack though was that so many of those stories were made up. After H was photographed leaving her flat, paparazzi started camping outside the boys' complex and Caroline's then Muswell Hill flat to get the inevitable photo of them together but this never happened, which supports my theory that it was a very short-lived fling. Also we were/are constantly drip-fed stories about Harry pining for Caroline, secretly texting Caroline, planning to move in with Caroline, planning to get back with Caroline... if there were no stories like this (which as far as I'm concerned are just press plants) I'd be more inclined to believe there's something there, and that the relationship is something their PR company/management would prefer to hide.
I never heard about a necklace - is there a proven link with Caroline? Also, she now lives in east London and Harry is never seen there - all off-duty sightings of him seem to be in the two mile radius around Nick's home. Which makes me wonder where he really lives.
Caroline has form for this - a few years ago she allowed a rumour circulate that she had a fling with Prince Harry. As if! She's been desperate for a TV gig for ages and the publicity she got from this was incredible. If "Haroline" hadn't happened she may have gone the way of Konnie Huq.
Regarding the online article - no, it wasn't a blog - it was one of those online newspapers/magazines - not sure what they are called! Like Huffington Post?
- [quote]If "Haroline" hadn't happened she may have gone the way of Konnie Huq.
Hey, watch it!
- R307, I do agree with much of what you say which is why I am in two minds about F& Harry.
However, there were other photo's of them together? One of my companies magazines printed a photo of Flack entering Harry's complex at night (grainy and from a distance) and then much clearer, close up pics of her leaving the next day? And there was the pic of Flack dropping him off an the pic of her sister dropping him off?
Re the necklace, all I know is that it was the exact same model (a female necklace) that she was pictured wearing in a photo shoot around the time the rumours started. H wore it from that point on up until very recently?
Also, according to those living in East London, Harry is always being spotted in Dalston and Shoreditch. There was even an article in Grazia this week about 'Harry hunters' that search for him in these areas. They also claim H has bought a flat in Dalston?
So i agree, whilst all the stories did seem like plants, there are some reasons to think it was genuine. I also read at the time they 'broke up' that their mgnt did introduce them and potentially used it for publicity not realising they would actually get serious?
- Harry cut Louis loose a while ago R302. They don't spend time together unless they have to.
- [R289] Interesting! I hadn't heard of Ed tweeting that. Do you have a link or know when about that happened?\t
- I think he is still with Caroline Flack, the rest is just a cover up to stop the fans going mad at her.
Also Nick Grimshaw is on holiday in Ibiza at the moment without Harry, why would he go away without him if they really were together.
- R 308 - haha!
L Girl - Something definitely happened between them, but it ended before the new year - in fact long before it was reported. Everything you're posting supoorts this, and I don't think anyone's disputing that, but that was then - Harry isn't with her now. Pretty certain I would have picked something off the grapevine all this time if there was any truth to your Caroline theory.
Caroline once wearing what looked like Harry's necklace for a photoshoot doesn't really suggest anything. I was more intrigued by the ring which appeared on Harry's right middle finger after his week-long date with Grimmy. Harry has worn the same necklaces since pre-Caroline (he has recently added a 3rd one).
And Harry would be spotted in East london every now and again as firstly, that's where Lou and Sam Teasdale live/work (BleachLondon in Dalston) and secondly, Nick is a member of Shoreditch house and often takes Harry there. On the subject, I remember seeing a random tweet from a journalist who said H and N were "all kissy etc" in Shoreditch house. The tweet's still there I believe - just use the twitter search engine.
Harry does not speak to the press about Caroline, so all these stories that pop uo every now and again about them aren't coming from him - don't you wonder where they're coming from? Who stands to gain from stories like this? The people making them up, that's who...
- Maybe because Grimmy only has this 1 week off until he starts new radio show and Harry had to attend weddings and the fashion show. Maybe he has other commitments later in the week or will he go out to Ibiza we'll have to see what happens. They did seem to spend every day together before harry went to America and straight back together when he returned
- R313, Thanks, appreciate your opinion. What you say does make sense.
I still think H & F are a possibility but I hope I'm wrong and you're right.
If you don't mind me asking, do you have access to some sort of source? I just wondered how you know when they spit up? (don't worry if you can't say)
- * Split
- Gay men acting like teen girls while posting from mom's basement.
Exhibit A: This thread.
- R 312 - using that logic, Harry was on holiday in LA recently without Caroline. Why would he go away without her if they really are together?
As R 314 explained, Grimmy had a few days free - just 4 days in fact; he's back tomorrow (he went on thursday) so it wasn't as if he was away for ages. Just a long weekend, really. Harry had 2 weddings, his goddaughter's 1st birthday party (no way was he going to let Lou and Tom Atkin down) and today's Burberry show. When they are both in London they see each other practically every day, and considering they don't work together that takes some effort...
- The Advocate and AfterElton both posted today about Louis' meltdown. He is not helping himself at all. While the stories were careful not to insinuate anything, they certainly had the effect of raising questions. People will assume where there's smoke there's fire, whether or not it's true.
- Haha..this is a great site...if only I had blue eyes this would be a perfect song.
I'm sure Mr Grimshaw has the good taste to not get involved with a cad like Mr Styles..
- A cad? What does that mean?
- The below linked gifs make me sad that Harry fawned/s over defensive drama queen Louis (who to be fair, didn't used to be at all) instead of the lovely lovely Zayn, with whom he seems to have a really quite tactile and interesting relationship. There are actually a lot of deep looks exchanged. But I'm glad it never took off fully because the Zarry fans are so unassuming and lowkey it never causes drama like "Larry" did/does. I like that Zayn and Harry fly under the radar with whatever it is they have.
They would/have made a good pairing. Zayn seems a lot more mature than Louis with his odd outbursts and propensity to go looking for trouble. He seems to act as a go-between and a calm head but idk, I sense an "interest" in Harry from Zayn, and I hope someday that's taken up because these two rule.
- [quote]The tweets from Louis yesterday suggest he deliberately goes searching for "Larry" even when said tweets make no mention of him by name. That's a level of obsession that's really quite odd for a wealthy, successful 20 year old popstar; hasn't he got better things to do?
Someone from that camp goes searching for Larry. And it's such a tiny (if vocal) minority of the entire fandom. Not suited with #Eleanor Flawless and #Lou and El Marry trends his minions start up daily he instead goes off goosing the odd Larry shipper, Rebecca Ferguson and this silly pointless battle with The Wanted, etc.
It is as if he or his Twitter persona goes looking for horns to lock with over things others would just brush off.
Even the Wanted's "mascot dog", Benson, hilariously told Louis he's 'turned into a massive bellend' (using simply a picture of a bell - Brits will recognise the meaning). I do feel sorry for Louis, but he's also the only one that comes off as having this obnoxious, angry streak but you can bet he'll show up smiling and tanned, looking like butter wouldn't melt, when next we see him.
I can't wait for this thing to end. I basically stick around in the hope Harry will jump Grimmy live on air or Zayn announces he and Harry have always been 'the real' secret couple (then this would all have made sense) or they're spotted on an intimate date. Well I can hope for nothing!
- Should mention in interests of fairness that I am always careful not to assume Louis Tomlinson is a complete villain. Yes he's become...odd and insecure imo...but if someone as sweet as Harry and the others can get on with him for the most part he can't be all bad.
I think this is probably a rough phase for him. If it is him tweeting he should take a real break from Twitter, let them war over him, who cares. All publicity, yada yada, right?
If it's not him he needs to put his foot down if someone is tweeting this bs from his account as it's really muddied his rep and so may not be entirely his doing. I do get the sense he's a bit of a management puppet, more than the others.
- Wow, the hatred you people have for Louis is incredible. I can't believe you spend so much time hating this boy. Better to enjoy the obvious affair Harry and Grimmy have or if you are a shipper, ship Harry with Zayn to the moon and back, if you like. Why do you fell the need to destroy Louis, to humiliate him so? You are really pathetic. You sound like a bunch of middle-aged postmenopausal bitches, pardon my expression.
- And you sound like a disgruntled Larry shipper, r325.
Right to the wire
- 326, or maybe you are 12 years old girls disappointed that Louis is not in luuuurve with sweet Harry like you hoped. Be happy Harry love a real man (Grimmy) and support them; but your hatred is really pathetic, like I said.
PS I am not a Larry shipper, I just don't understand your hate.
- [quote]The thing with Flack though was that so many of those stories were made up.
Whilst I don't have a firm opinion on whether they did/do have a genuine thing (suspect not) it did garner Flack enormous publicity and hater fangirls soon fade away. She didn't refute it in any major way until about 3-4 weeks AGO, when she told the widely read Daily Mail '95% of what was written (about her and Harry) was fake". That's a HELL of a lot of bullshit she just suddenly felt the need to rule out that she seemed happy to keep quiet on before. And of course now she is a person in her own right, a celeb, seen everywhere, and doesn't need her name to be co-signed by Harry (though the UK press still do at times).
[quote]After H was photographed leaving her flat, paparazzi started camping outside the boys' complex and Caroline's then Muswell Hill flat to get the inevitable photo of them together but this never happened...
Can someone confirm or deny this but I have heard from a few places that after Harry was pictured supposedly coming out of Flack's apt. Nick sidled out not long after?
[quote]Also we were/are constantly drip-fed stories about Harry pining for Caroline, secretly texting Caroline, planning to move in with Caroline, planning to get back with Caroline...
Drip-fed to a nauseating extent during that period. Like, everyday. It was embarrassing but I'm old skool. So who was updating these sources, every/every other day? And the likelihood of someone in the press knowing every time someone 'secretly' texted someone else was, as ever, just riduculous and nigh on impossible - but people will believe what they are told I guess.
[quote]I never heard about a necklace - is there a proven link with Caroline?
I sometimes wonder if this link was Nick. Because she did this favour for friends. That is if it was all platonic and an arrangement. Like Harry wearing it as a thank you. Idk, jewellry's a strange area.
[quote]Caroline has form for this - a few years ago she allowed a rumour circulate that she had a fling with Prince Harry.
Dear lord, she must feel like she's dodged a bullet now.
- R327, oh pardon me,
I naturally assumed I was allowed an opinion (not sure about 'hate') on Louis Tomlinson, a public celebrity, who seems to be able to have an opinion on who he pleases, and directly tweets them, though I have never contacted him once and never will.
Naturally I also assumed people were allowed to be critical of celebrity behaviour without the need to be labelled a 12 year old girl from someone with a bounce-around-the-floor argument that sounds as if it's written by...a 12 year old.
And I think it would be cool if Harry is with Grimmy, thank you for suggesting what several of us have been saying on a thread titled 'Nick Grimshaw' and not 'Louis Tomlinson's Ass'. I have no argument with you there. Or just someone (note gender neutral pronoun) that doesn't have to deny him in a magazine every other week. How nice would that be.
- "Why do you fell the need to destroy Louis, to humiliate him so?"
LOL. Somehow, between his vast success, looks, and enormous bank account, I think he'll find a way to go on.
But I'll light a candle for him.
- Btw, it appears that the original starter of this latest drama, a Twitter user, aptly named 1DHater (now suspended) began the ranting. The person tweeted Tomlinson's mother and called his gf a 'skank' (so probably British), but not necessarily an automatic Larry candidate. Just a hater by the look of it, though I came in on the aftermath.
Then Louis had his meltdown with everyone in spitting distance. A lot of the Larry shippers are all 'what did we do now' and 'we didn't start this' but somehow it has rebounded on them more than anything else? I don't know, there may be more to it but that's as much as I can find out atm.
Stupid, I know. All totally pointless. His mother is coming in for a bit of questioning for leaving the tweet up and yet again, drawing attention to it all, rather than just letting it go.
"You are really pathetic. You sound like a bunch of middle-aged postmenopausal bitches"
So it's not acceptable to express 'hatefull' opinions on a celeb you've never met but it is acceptable to express 'hatefull' opinions regarding people on this thread?!
Please practise what you preach.
- R328, The necklace mentioned is worn by Harry (he has worn it constantly since they started dating).
It is a ladies necklace and the exact same one that Flack wore around the time they got together in a photoshoot.
Apparently H only wears Jewellry which has significant meaning to him.
To me, this is very strong evidence that he may still be with her? (If it were thankyou to her for 'covering' as somone suggested, he would surely have gifted HER Jewellry? Not the other way around?)
Anyway, this is just my view and I appreciate no one else agrees with this!
- L Girl, yes but I don't think wearing anything feminine would bother Harry. He was wearing a bra at about 3.
Given the digging people have done, I'm not ruling it out being something to do with Nick. But that's just me.
Poor Harry must be at a loose end today, watching Jeremy Kyle. I must admit it's a guilty pleasure of mine. Though nothing beats the days of the Jerry Springer shoe and chair throwers with their food fights/bare-chested hillbilly brawling.
- R334, How do you think it's connected to Grimmy?
I agree, I don't think Harry would have an issue wearing a feminine necklace.
I just think it's too much of a coincidence that it's the exact same one as Flack's and I have never seen a pic of him not wearing it.
Just seems very significant to me but that's just my opinion.
- Why are you talking so much about Louis here? He is irrelevant to Harry and Grimmy. Please leave him out of the question or start a thread about him.
- Such an embarrassing thread. I can't believe you are writing paragraphs and paragraphs on these people. You're like some crazy 9/11 conspiracy theorists, except with Nick fucking Grimshaw.
I don't for a second think Harry is gay. Bi, maybe. Whatever. Who cares? Popstars' sexualities are covered up all the time. But there's no way a gay teenager would ever shout "IMAGINE HOW MUCH PUSSY YOU'RE GOING TO GET", as Harry did in Matt Cardle's ear.
- R337, I think most of us on here have enough self awareness to know how riduculous this thread is but it's a guilty pleasure.
As all gossip is!
- R 328 - Won't at all be surprised if the story of Nick sneaking out after Caroline was true; sounds very plausible. And I'd link the necklace to Nick over Caroline too. L Girl: None of Harry's necklaces are female btw - all 3 are unisex.
Anyway enough of "Haroline" - it's like one of those boring storylines in the soaps that just won't go away! Back to the subject of this thread :) Nick is back in Blighty, and lovely to hear that his friend Kelly Osbourne kept Harry company at the Serpentine party last night in his absence.
R 334 - I don't think Harry is at a loose end today. Nick returned from Ibiza this morning and is probably chilling at home, watching trashy telly. Jeremy Kyle, perhaps?
- I remember resting Nick was there as well as Caroline but can't member who wrote it or where it was written. It did make me wonder at the time why Nick was there too
- Laughing at all the Harry-the-stud articles around today! All centered around him giving "amazing" Cara a kiss, partying with Kelly O and later celebrating with Pixie (yesterday was Pixie's birthday and Harry went for dinner and karaoke with her, Alexa and others). Grimmy missed out on so much between friday and last night - but I suppose he had unexpected time off berore he starts Breakfast and just felt compelled to book a short holiday. And it meant Harry wasn't hanging onto his side all night...
R 338 - Aye! This thread is most certainly my guilty pleasure. Much kinder to the hips than eating pralines and cream ice-cream directly from the 500ml tub...
- A few people saw Harry at the airport today with no luggage. Said it looked like he was picking someone up. Yesterday was Nick's last day of holiday and he should be returning today. Catch my drift? ;)
- Nick arrived earlier today though - his flight left at 9am and it is a relatively short flight. The Harry sightings were 2-3 hours ago. Wonder who he's picking up? And which airport? (Nick arrived at Gatwick)
Ps: neither Caroline nor Louis have recently left our shores, in case anyone suggests them
- I won't keep going on about Flack as I know I'm the only one who thinks they could still be together but I really don't understand why people are linking the necklace with Grim as Flack was the one pictured wearing it!? (not grimmy?)
Harry was picking up a girl that works for Sony apparently? (called Claudia possibly?)
- My two cents:
Seconding the above comments about Harry not being with Louis. Possible fling/psuedo-relationship at the beginning.
Including Zayn, no one else in the band has any homosexual tendancies.
Harry is not with Grimmy. He's more like a really good friend, psuedo-mentor figure.
Not trying to be creepy but I actually want to send a letter to Harry. I'm just not sure where to because I doubt he'd actually get it via One Direction fan mail. Thoughts?
- Meh, not really substantively. Fuck it. Time for shots
- yolo, what are you planning to put in your letter? Not to encourage this from more than one person, but I think his home address is out there as fans are always pictured outside of his family house. Of course they probably throw all of the mail out. His neighbors, though, if they got some mail that looked relatively important...well, you catch my drift. Or maybe you don't. Address it to attn: Anne Cox/Harry Styles/whatever and purposely send it to a neighboring street number who's resident will personally deliver the mail to Harry (or his mom lol).
Now as payment, you have to post your letter here for us to read too.
- Nick is not dating Harry Styles.He may linger on a hope because Harry has that indistinct way about him and he's brilliantly beautiful /i can see is a fascination there in the fact that Harry has got that Superstar germ that appears once in a billion.Nick may want to manage Harry's career in the future.I really think Harry has some Bob Dylan's cool and Mick Jagger sex appeal rolled in one.
Now Harry is fascinated with Nick way of living,underground circuit &most impotant they are both Kind,fun ,genuinely nice people.I see reflected mirrors of eachother.They see aspects of themselves that they long to- Harry the pop Star and Nick is the credible &respected guy all pretentious music artists go to.They are perfect friends.They can learn from each other,help grow and thrive.That's all there is.
- Yeah you see r350, you only problem is Harry Styles is utterly talentless. To mention Harry and Bob Dylan in the same sentence only highlights the stupidity and moronic think of a One Direction fan.
And as for Nick Grimshaw being credible, he is a kids TV presenter and a DJ on CHAV FM, he has no idea bout real music. He hypes up user friendly silly chart indie crap.
- I agree that Harry is probably still with Caroline.
When they were papped together at a party after the Brits, 1D's management made the pap delete the photo. If there is photoban on anyone, it's likely them.
Harry partied with her at Nicks, they went to the same party the following weekend, a wedding last friday, a party on sunday etc ect..
Harry spends alot of time with the Teasdales who are best friends with caroline so likely they meet up then too? (the week he spent with Nick was the same week the teasdales and Caroline were away)
He is always spotted in East London where she lives and moved to as soon as he returned from touring. He has also now apparently moved there.
Given that he was papped with Caroline's family at the end of Jan (a week before they broke up) it seems highly unlikely they really did split up.
And neither of them have been seriously been linked with anyone else since then.
They originally got together with the help of their managment. They publicised it to begin with and then, when both the relationship and the abuse Caroline got became serious, they leaked a fake split so they could carry on confidentially.
No one knows where either live now. It wouldn't be hide for them to carry it on and they clearly still see each other all the time.
Only last week, Caroline 'favorited' a tweet Harry wrote about having a lot on his mind (she then deleted it a few days later when people on twitter realised what she had done)
They even played 'Sweet disposition' when she visited R1 today (isn't that the song Harry is always quoting about fighting for a forbidden love?)
At the end of the day,out of Harry and Grimmy, Harry and Louis and Harry and Caroline, the latter are the only ones with a verifiable history.
- R 352 - The huge flaw in your theory (which is all it is) is that 1D's management and PR don't and did not have a problem with the Harry and Caroline story. All that stuff about photographers being asked to delete a pic, management trying to hide their relationship etc was all part of the publicity around the relationship which was fed to the tabloids. A couple of broadsheet journalists correctly sussed out the whole thing being one big publicity stunt (a bit like Niall and Demi would be if she plays ball) and now we know from Caroline that most of the stories were made up.
The rest of your post tells us what we know already, which is that Caroline and Harry have remained friends. But no, they are not secretly dating, as much as many of the old "Haroline" fans wish they were.
Ps: "No-one knows where either lives" - really??
- R353, I'm not saying that their management have/had a problem, I'm saying that Caroline and Harry probably had a problem with it (particularly caroline)
Also, their management may not have had a problem with the story then (when they needed it) but might now (given the negative resposnse to it?)
And the incident with the deleted photo was observed by the celeb writer for the Daily Star (so not a story fed to him from mgmt unless you are suggesting he is 'in on it' too??)
People might have a rough idea where they live but I doubt they know their addresses like they did before? Harry is said to be living in Primrose Hill, Highgate, Barnet, Hoxton, Dalston and Stoke Newington??
And yes, your right, this is a theory but I'm assumming that your views that they are not togther are nothing more than theories also.
- [quote]Yeah you see [R350], you only problem is Harry Styles is utterly talentless. To mention Harry and Bob Dylan in the same sentence only highlights the stupidity and moronic think of a One Direction fan.
And here we go with this bullshit. Before you call someone on their stupidity, you might want to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.
Harry is not utterly talentless and even if he were, R350 didn't say his talent was on the level of Bob Dylan or Mick Jagger. He's referring to his charisma and sex appeal which he has, whether you like or not.
- R 354 - I really don't have a firm theory. Harry may be single, he may be with someone, he may be gay, he may be bi, he may be straight. I don't know. I don't know him.
However one thing I do know is 50% of a PR company's work is keeping certain stories away from the public. The rest of their work is feeding desirable stories to the public. There have been no obvious attempts to keep Harry/Caroline stories from the public, but clear efforts to keep the story alive. In the nicest way possible, please don't use the Daily Star as evidence for anything - I assume you're not from the UK as otherwise you'd know that the majority of stories it publishes are made up. No one here takes it seriously.
I have no real preference for who Harry dates. I only became interested in this subject when I read a tweet from a journalist I follow which suggested that the public would be in for a shock if they knew the truth about H's leanings. This was several months ago, when all the talk was about Caroline and cougars. I was irritated by the comment at the time (I don't know why) but increasingly I saw mentions in press blogs and on a closed media forum I visit which made similar suggestions. I started investigating the matter myself for no other reason than sheer curiosity.
If the tabloid press and Harry's 1D bandmates are to be believed, Harry is a manwhore who has a different girl in his bed each week. If the gossip on the street is to be believed, it is all a cover for Harry's emerging same sex leanings. And we know what the "Larry" fans think his preference is - "Louissexual" i.e. hopelessly in love with Louis Tomlinson. I'm inclined to believe all 3 theories - they are in fact not in conflict with one another, and support the seemingly in the know regular on popbitch who hinted at one of 1D (was clearly H) being somewhat insatiable to the extent that they happily bat for either team, as long as their itch was scratched.
It's the Caroline angle I just don't buy, as it's the one I've read no evidence for beyond the obviously made up tabloid stories we've seen in recent months. Caroline is a media luvvie and she has everything to gain by an ongoing association with Harry as it means she gets talked about, which is why she talks about him in every interview she does. On the other hand Harry has no need for the association and unsurprisingly makes no reference to her or their fling in interviews etc. One of Harry's friends spoke to the press a few months ago though, and the way he described the Haroline thing was (I felt) the closest we got to Harry's real view on the matter.
- R356,I am from the uk and therefore aware that the Daily Star is total trash but the particular columist I mentioned(James Igham) seems quite reputable and he witnessed the demand that the photo be deleted which gave the story credence in my opinion.
You sound like you are privy to infomation that some of us are not and I take on board what you say for that reason but there are a few things that still don't make sense?
why was Harry photographed with Caroline's sister a week before they apparently split up?(particularly if all they had was a couple of one night stands)
With regards to hiding tabloid stories, how would we know that this isn't being happening? If they had done their job effectively, we would not know about the story in the first place and therefore not know it was being hidden?
Also, I agree with you that all 3 theories mentioned in your post could coexist and in a way, that gives weight to all of them. However the level of womanising Harry is supposed to do seems implausible and the Sweet disposition tattoo, tweeted lyrics etc do suggest a hidden love? (as does caroline making a deep tweet of his a favourite in her twitter)
Couple of questions, Who was the journalist that made the comment and if you don't want to reveal that, can you say who they write for?
Also, what is a closed media forum? what sort of people have access to this and what was being said on there?
- Please the only people that go on X-Factor are the utterly talentless, and the reason they do that is because they have no real talent to make it without a low brow gimmick show that is perhaps the worst thing ever to happen to music.
- "Harry has that indistinct way about him and he's brilliantly beautiful /i can see is a fascination there in the fact that Harry has got that Superstar germ that appears once in a billion."
That's so fucking HILARIOUSLY over the top honey. Harry has front man charisma. AT best charisma on the level of Gerard Way, Justin Timberlake, Brendon Urie and Ryan Ross. Harry doesn't even have the musical ability of Brendon and JT, nor the songwriting ability of Ryan Ross and Gerard Way. Hell, he's more on the level of charisma of Pete Wentz (once again without the songwriting ability of Pete or Patrick's musical ability). Harry's like every other pop tart outside of the long term ones like Madge and Brit Brit. He's as manufactored as Britters but unlike her crazy ass unexplainable IT factor that keeps people's interest, Harry's star will die in a few years. Comparing him to genuine stars (Dylan, Jagger) is reduculous.
- R357 - I don't know much more than I post on this forum, really. And I post here anonymously so I can't really say much more about myself as that'll defeat the purpose! There's nothing to say anyway. By a closed forum I meant one where you have to register and log in with your real (i.e. work-related) email address. It is closed in the sense that it can't be accessed unless one is logged in.
There's no such thing as a reputable Daily Star journalist - if they were reputable they won't write for the Star. All I'm saying is that I just haven't come across anything aside from obvious tabloid plants that hints at Caroline and Harry being something that went on past last winter. None of the stuff you're posting points at an ongoing secret relationship.
Finally, Harry being given a lift by Caroline's twin sister earlier this year equating to them being in a secret relationship in september 2012 is the kind of bizarre logic the "Larry" fans use. Harry and Caroline's fling ended amicably - it was never serious anyway which made it easier - and this is most likely why they are still friendly towards each other. And of course they have common friends - the Teasdales, Grimmy. You haven't commented on Harry very recently accompanying Grimmy into work almost every night and then spending the night at his, Harry and Grimmy going for dinner with Grimmy's parents and Harry spending christmas and valentine's night with him - surely that's more compelling "evidence" than a lift from someone's sister months ago?
Anyway this is honestly giving me a headache - and I'm sure others too who are here to post/read about Harry and Grimmy :) Hopefully there'll be no need for me to post on the "Haroline" subject again. But thanks for the chat!
- Explain why Harry's first album sold more than all of those acts. He's one popular bitch, no denying it. He's ugly cool, hideous chic, and has a huge dong that everyone under the sun seems to be interested in. That's the recipe for staying power.
- R360, Well I enjoyed your chat with the 'Haroline' poster!
I am more interested in G&H but don't think you can discuss that without considering Flack?
Anyway, could you confirm who the journo was that made the comment re H's leanings? (or like the other person said, who they write for?)
Also, do you mind me asking if you work in PR?
I appreciate you don't want to give too much away about yourself (I work in the media and won't say which publisher I work for either)
You do sound like you have a media connection though?
- Nsync sold more than One Direction R361. Call us when Styles survives it as long as Justin Timberlake.
- Harry Styles is just 18 years old.Don't forget that.He could write the Oddysey for what's worth.He's not talentlesss only a ignorant person would say that.For now he's got it..and he must take it from here.
- Harry Styles is a member of a boyband. Every few years we have a boyband explosion because there are new young girls in the landscape who have disposable income to spend on these kids.
There have been successful boybands who made one or two records. If we want to discuss sales we could mention BSB which were more successful than any of the young men mentioned so far. That would mean we'd compare Harry to Nick Carter.
Also Timberlake wrote for Nsync. Styles isn't the only person who's accomplished writing a song.
- God, this thread has become depressing already ... I know there's not been much H/G news, but do we really have to harp on the old Caroline/Harry track and/or the "Is Harry really talented?!" discussion?
Harry's a good singer (personally I think him and Zayn are the better two in the band, albeit with very different styles and tones suited for different musical styles). We do not know if he's a good lyricist; we don't know what his instrumental skills are (who cares?! like we've ever seen Madonna cracking out the guitar every time she's on stage); and we don't even know if he would WANT to go solo. He's clearly stated he's more comfortable in a band; and from what we've seen/heard (depending on truth) he's got a case of nerves and a bit of shyness.
Harry and Caroline ... to be honest, I think everything that's been said sums it up.
Why is he spending his evenings in a radio station with Grimmy, which no one knew about (note; he can do things without people finding out), when he could have been curled up on a sofa with Cazza?
Them having the same necklace means nothing. They both liked it and bought it without the other knowing? Harry saw her wearing it, asked if he could borrow and ended up keeping it? Jewellery is very dodgy; it can look like it means a lot when it means next to nothing. This is the same for the whole "is Harry wearing Nick's ring" thing.
Call or Delete - this is assuming Sam Teasdale (as said, good friend of Caroline's) and Grimmy both know the relationship is still on - and I would be surprised if they didn't. Why didn't Sam just laugh and allude to Harry's girlfriend/make it very clear he was taken? You'd have to call the whole thing a set-up for her not to have mentioned Caroline at all - or for not stating something about Harry's relationship status in general.
Yes Harry spent a lot of time with Nick while Caroline was on holiday with the Teasdales (were they on holiday - how do we know?), but he was spending a lot of time with him before that week as well. And even in candids, Caroline was not in the vicinity.
I will say I'm biased. I hated Caroline on kids TV; I hate her on the X Factor now. Harry or no Harry, I don't like her television persona, though I have nothing against her as a person. And generally I don't quite understand them as a couple.
Harry gets on very well with women, it seems. He gets on well with Nick's female friends and is clearly quite the charmer. His flirting to me, however, always seems very sexless; where in the media, he'll be portrayed as a sex-mad minx who attempted to bed the media, to me it seemed almost like autopilot mode for him. It's sweet and cheeky and charming, but there's nothing lying underneath. I don't know if that's just me, though. I don't mean he doesn't genuinely mean what he says, or is being fake, just that flirting is a natural way of speaking to him and not necessarily always a sexual or romantic tone.
God, I hope Nick and Harry do something soon that we can ooh and aah over, before this thread becomes darker than Louis Walsh's latest dye-job.
Have a picture of Harry looking well-fucked (Grimmy off travelling, sad face).
- I was just watching the iTunes Festival coverage on Channel 4 and Annie Mac was teasing Grimmy about how much he loves 1D, apparently turning into a hysterical fangirl whenever they perform. It was cute.
I think the boys are actually at the festival tomorrow, so that means the potential for more on-screen G/H interaction since he'll probably be interviewing them.
- Hey who doesn't want to Bang Harry Styles ?.I know i would &i respect Nick Grimshaw for trying.More power to him if he does but i doubt that.Harry has some abandoment issues that's why he likes the company of older people he likes to feel wanted and appreciated..also some mommy issues because all the cougars & his mother is stunning.I think they are just friends but he likes that Nick is infatuated with him.What i get from him is that he may like to be dominated in some way.He is not gay not even bi .I find him a very sexy &rafined individual .If it was for them to be lovers they would be alot more careful and shielded by being seen together. They just don't care .
- @r368 I remember bringing up abondonment issues to someone once and they laughed in my face. His father was pretty much absent from his lives growing up. He never had a father figure only his mom. I could definitely see where his attraction to older people stem from.
There's a lot more to him than meets the eye.
- I was walking near my school today and this really cute girl I barely know stopped me and was like “heyy, I got shit tons of whipped cream, would you like some?” and a person should never, ever turn down whipped cream (or cute girls) so of course I took her up on the offer. When she was handing over the can to me she noticed that I had “I can’t change” written on my outer wrist and she grabbed my hand and looked on my inner wrist. I of course had “Bravery” written there and when she saw it, she wrapped her arms around me and started kissing my face. Then she pressed her wrist that had “Bravery” written on it against mine. We both started crying and hugging even tighter. After a few seconds she got really close to my ear and whispered “I’m gay and you are the first person I’ve told because I know you’ll still love me.” That is when I lost my shit.
Bravery is more than a word. Larry is more than a bromance. We are talking about love, inspiration and perseverance. People finally finding the courage to open up about who they are simply because they see just how happy two boys can be and then seeing the lengths people will go through to support them. So yeah… Thank you. I love you all so much.
- When did the drugs wear off, R370?
- Also this story is all over Tumblr, taken from an ask, so I doubt you're the original author.
To anyone who hadn't guessed, it's total BS.
- Harry's parents divorced when he was 7, R369. His mum remarried. Harry seems to get along just fine with his dad and his stepdad.
- Apologies, I didn't mean to bring the thread down (or encourage 'Haroline' supporters to join!)
I just think Flack is a very real possibility that I personally would not ignore.
Anyway, on a different note, Harry has been spotted in hampstead/highgate a lot recently? (& less so, east London)
I know they are next door to PRH but I wonder If he has bought there? (it was one of the places he was rumoured to be looking in)
- He was photographed buying pizza in Kentish town yesterday
- Sorry L Girl that wasn't directed at you specifically - and she is important I agree - I just really don't like Caroline Flack. I don't get this hipster status she seems to have garnered when to me she appears to be a bit more like a WAG type.
Personally I've heard he lives in Stoke Newington - and that when he was looking in PRH he was actually just helping Lou Teasdale househunt. But that's just rumour and could be incorrect.
Kentish Town, eh?! Who does he know up that way! I wouldn't have said that was particularly close to anyone we know he's friends with - taking into account that you'd think pizza buying would be a close to home thing.
- is this a stalkers page?You people are mental...and 370 ?WTF are you on a mushroom trip.trolL Harry Styles may date Cara Delavigne now so stopp those pizza binoculars.Freaks,zombies and vampires all over the poor kid's atmosphere.CREEPY
- No it's not a stalkers page. If someone in the public eye goes in to a pizza shop there are bound to be one or more people who will recognise him and then pics and reports soon get posted on Twitter etc.
- Links, I don't like Flack either (& she was definitely channelling 'WAG' at Dermot's wedding)
I heard the Lou Teasdale rumour too but only via 1D fans on twitter? I've always assumed it to be fiction propagated by the Larry contingent in denial over their 'babies' leaving their 'love nest' (I also doubt she could afford PRH but who knows?)
I think the pizza place was in the Highgate end of Kentish Town?
One last thing. I occasionally scan digital spy and saw a discussion re H spending lots of time with G at the studio. Someone added a comment:
" They both spend a lot more time together than people know.."
Wonder if that's true..
- Just read that Grimmy is on the cover of fabulous mag free in The Sun this Saturday and he will comment on his bromance with Harry
- [quote]But there's no way a gay teenager would ever shout "IMAGINE HOW MUCH PUSSY YOU'RE GOING TO GET", as Harry did in Matt Cardle's ear.
1. People say all kinds of crazy shit, especially teenagers. It doens't have to be logical.
2. Please link to where any gay has never made a comment to a straight man about pussy.
3. If we're going to get all batshit then pussy can be universal, girlpussy, boipussy. Many teens talk about 'pussy' as gender neutral concept.
He was saying it in relation to Cardle's else's sexuality, not necessarily his own.
- [quote]in relation to Cardle's else's(!!??) sexuality
Sorry, dunno how that stupid thing happened.
- L Girl, the house hunting with Lou Teasdale was in at least one newspaper (Daily Mail). Both Harry and Liam were photographed with her on different days.
- [quote]Harry was picking up a girl that works for Sony apparently? (called Claudia possibly?)
Someone else said he was picking up his dad.
As ever, confusion reigns.
- If Nick is in some magazine related to a tabloid he needs to be careful what he tells them because by the time they've chewed it up and spat it out it'll read like pants anyway.
I shouldn't bank on it being truth or half-truth. Hopefully he'll just play coy. I'm sure he knows what's what.
Props to the poster who said there are no reputable journos writing for these rags because ain't THAT the truth. Tabloids like the Star tell so many lies they forget the lie they told last week, or earlier the same week.
The headline often reads differently to the body of the story e.g. headline: 'Harry Styles is dating Pixie Geldof' text = Harry was out partying with Pixie Geldof, though a source said they were not on a date.
Basically voiding the entire point of the headline, but by then people have read the headline, which makes more impact, skimmed the text and allowed the paper to manipulate their thinking. I see so many comments that buy into this idea of Harry Styles manwhor and bodice-ripper it's really a testament to how utterly gullible the general public are and the hold over them that punchy 'exciting' tabloids have.
Sometimes I would love for like, Derren Brown, to rip the tabs a new arsehole on one of his shows, and prove just how much they manipulate peoples thinking around to whatever angle they push or are told to.
- Harry's lovely mum doing her bit for TeamGrimmy.
Of all the One D mum's she's always been my fav. He looks a lot like his mum.
- R383, I read that article. I meant the view that it was for Lou Teasdale came from Larry fans not the fact that the house hunting happened.
That article, or maybe another one (I can't remember) was specific that H was the one house hunting & had £1.5m to spend.
Also, I just don't think lou Teasdale would take a couple of teenage boys with her for opinions if she were the purchaser?
(And she and her partner look more like the Dalston types to me)
I maybe wrong, I just reckon Harry and Liam are more likely to have a PRH budget than a hairstylist (albeit one employed by cowell)
There were also rumours he had bought in Hoxton months ago though so could have all been a PR stunt?
- Hey Links @ R366 - you mean proper fucked?
- I know, Harry, I know.
- R388 You can take whatever you like from my wording. It could go either way really. But I chose well-fucked on purpose.
I love Harry's mum - I think she wants to be Nick's mum too.
- Fantastic shot of a soaking wet Zayn in the new music video - I think he's channeling Elvis?
- Harry's tactile affection around men seems very genuine to me. More than anything else, any other sexuality or behaviour he displays. He's one of the most tactile and open people I've seen in entertainment for a long time and this appears to go right back to his schooldays. It's just nice to see someone who is that openly loving towards the same sex.
While I'd love to think he is 'with' Nick I have to keep an open mind to all other possibilities, Flack, a secret girl or boyfriend (civilian) and even the perenially smug-looking Louis with 'his' obsession for actively seeking issues to nitpick over. Stranger smokescreens have happened in this business.
- Harry is so delightful in the new video. Something about his expression. He has such an open face, an open heart. May it never leave him.
- I'm a bit disappointed by the new single tbh, but the video is cute.
- Harry's mother is gorgeous. She's like a brunette Diana Dors.
- I think Harry could very easily quit the band and become movie star, if he wanted. He could have a Cary Grant quality - he's has already established a particularly distinct persona, the stuff of which stars are made - if only they were still making those kind of movies.
I'd say the same for Zayn, but his class of star is older than Harry's - going back to the silents. Valentino, Navarro, those are of Zayn's ilk. He would have excelled as a silent actor but alas, they are not making those movies anymore either.
I don't want the glamor of these boys to go to waste, especially on the kind of music pop which, while a lot of fun, is not exactly enhancing their incredible potential as stars. Their management seems help bent on keeping them in a kind of hyper-active 12 year old mentality. I don't want that for Harry and Zayn. I want them to be transfigured and I want them to understand the joyous power of provocation.
- I don't know people but to me Harry seams the least gay guy in the whole band.He's very boyish and quite solemn.I would bet my money on Zayn if i was to choose one .Well Harry is that tipe of person people would do stupid things for/ he's somrhing else in itself.i would say ethereal .It is very easy to fall for him.
love love the new song very naughty and catchy
- This must be a record for Harry - he's been linked to 3 women just this week alone! The latest name is Natalie Imbruglia - he apparently spent the evening of James Corden's wedding reception flirting with her. Cue Grimmy asking him about his favourite cover that ID perform during the itunes interview last night and Louis joining in (Harry claimed it was "Use Somebody, Louis suggests it's "Torn"). Was pretty obvious there was an inside joke there...
- Oh, my god:
- So Harry is going for woman more than double his age now then?
- So are we assuming the natalie imbruglia story is true then?
Harry did seem genuinely embarrassed when being teased about it last night?!
(if it is, at least it means he can't be secretly dating Caroline!)
- I wondered about the joke about Natalie's song Torn but Harry said his favourite was Use Somebody. Could this mean anything. Another in joke perhaps?
As most songs are about relationships love etc it's difficult to know.
- Did you know that Natalie Imbruglia was one of Britney Spears' main influences at the start of her pop career - she mentions her in this video! I wonder if 1D will follow Britney's lead and start getting hardcore by the time they hit 21? Will they have their Slave 4 U moment?
- R402, Na, think he was just trying to deflect from Torn and the teasing.
- R404, Err.. Isn't this thread supposed to be about harry and Nick?!
I'm all for extending the content where relevant but Britney spears.. really?
- Britney was also a teen idol. I see no harm in drawing comparisons.
- R406, It's just not relevant to Harry's love life?
- r407 - you only want Harry for one thing - so get out get out get out of this thread.
- R408, Er... I don't want harry at all thanks?
Just don't want to talk about Bloody Britney Spears!!!
- Fine. Let's talk about Harry AND Britney Spears. Don't you think they were both sweet teenagers?
- R410, No. I think Britney was one of those awful irritating stage school brats with next to no talent who's career was soley as a result of an effecive marketing campaign.
Much like 1D really (minus the stage school part)
Harry does seem like a sweet boy though.
- Yes, and Britney was a sweet girl. Precisely why I brought it up.
- R412, Not sweet by my definition.
Back to Harry and Grimmy - do you think the Natalie rumour is true or made up?!
- who knows if Natalie rumours are true but true or false no doubt in my mind they have been fed to the papers by Harry's people (like most other stories involving his womanising) Perhaps that was the in joke...that they all knew there was a story going to be in today's news about it and were winding him up. Doesn't make it true, just that they find the endless womanising stories as amusing as many of us...
- Very true, R414. Since Monday stories about Harry and four different women (Cara Delevingne , Pixie Geldof, Alexa Chung, and now Natalie Imbruglia) have been in heavy tabloid circulation. There doesn't seem to be much in any of the stories: the much-touted kiss between Harry and Cara at the Burberry show was positively awkward rather than intimate.
- As well as the boys and Grimmy, Annie Mac also made a point of bringing it up.
Given this was only hours before the story was released (and the teasing was also mentioned in the original mirror piece) do you think the teasing was staged to give the story added credibility?
Or am I being a bit too conspiracy theoristy!?
- Cynical perhaps, R416, but there's nothing wrong with that! These boys are a global phenomenon bringing in millions of dollars in record sales, merchandise, and endorsement deals. I think it would be naive to believe that their image isn't controlled to a great extent in order to market them to the widest possible audience.
- There was also this tweet from Nick yesterday (which I didn't get at the time):
- R418, That's what I mean.
it all seems a bit coordinated?
The story breaking hours after the teasing (friday's as odd day to break that sort of story?)
No denial from either camp?
They clearly weren't bothered about hiding the story.
The one thing that gives it authenticity in my eyes though was Harry's seemed geneuinely seemingly genuine embarrasement?
It certainly painted Nick as one of the boys ribbing Harry as apposed to his 'partner' or is that what we were supposed to think?
IDK. It kinda worked on me.
- I think the Natalie connectionwas mentioned too many times yesterday to be genuine,but who knows. I have also read about H and N being seen kissing etc in clubs on more than one occasion and people are surprised no pics have appeared,but again who knows this could be made up
- Everyone knows that an easy way to get yourself in the UK tabloids right now (i.e. to get anyone to care enough to write a story about you or take an interest in a career you're trying to resurrect) is to be linked with Harry Styles. The longer the duration of the "link" the better. And all publicity is good publicity - how did Katie Price a.k.a Jordan become a millionaire?
From 1D's point, they are on the verge of a new album campaign, so let the Cougar tales begin. Can't be doing with all these Larry Stylinson and Grimmy stories circulating...
- Just watched the itunes interview again and noticed at the start as N says hello to 1 direction, he seems to look H up and down and smirks and H smiles and giggles
- ^^ Yup, noticed that.
I feel this gif sums up that interview...
- Harry had a hole in his microphone and he was showing it to him(laughing about it)That was all about look closely they are talking about it.Annie is asking him about the mic also.You guys hear just what you want to hear.Diggers
- R 424 - who here mentioned hearing anything? Wierd...
- Oops - weird, not wierd!
- It was their facial expressions
- Pics of her with her bf just this Wednesday. Don't think it's true. I think nick here's about all the rumors of him with women and thinks it's funny and likes to tease him about it. Reminds me of how he tweeted about reading the death threats Pixie Geldof was getting, when everyone thought she was with Harry, and laughing about it.
- It seriously is strange why Harry is linked to so many women.
- Where can you read about them kissing in clubs.
- Link to itunes-interview, please.
And looking at Natalie Imbruglias BF it's quite clear she's no cradlesnatcher anymore.
- I've heard about Harry being seen kissing men in clubs, although not specifically Grimmy - would love a source or something to read about that.
Re: Natalie Imbruglia:
- As has been stated, she has a boyfriend.
- Where is the evidence that they did in fact flirt, other than what has been hyped up by the joking in the iTunes interview and newspaper stories? Has anyone actually AT the wedding quoted this as something that happened?
- Harry for a moment seemed genuinely confused, and then cottoned on. If he did flirt with her - I think he flirts with all women, generally, but it's not necessarily sexual. He's obviously comfortable with women and talking to them in a way which is interested and flattering; he was brought up by women, and many of his close friends seem to be women/girls as well. It's not that common for men to be that way - straight or gay, I would say - and I think it's a bit of a novelty for some people, that he can charm women so easily. Hence the joking.
- The beginning of that interview was quite flirty (Harry/Nick, that is); but generally, you can't draw TOO much from it. Without everything else we know/everything we've read into their relationship (from more concrete facts), it's easy to project those feelings onto their interactions. Discounting what we know, what happened in the interview might have been overlooked.
- The same goes for Louis's so called "bitch faces". If Larry wasn't a thing, if people didn't have their fandom view of Louis as the jealous ex-lover, would you really have read so much into how he acted? Because to me, for most of the interview, he was very pleasant and joking. Not too hyper, either.
I think the benefit of Harry being linked with all these women - irrespective of what his sexuality might be - is that while an attainable male popstar is very attractive, an unattainable one is even more so. Not unattainable as in they have a girlfriend - that implies something long-term that a fan couldn't break through - but someone who sleeps around a bit, likes women and will be with them for short stretches of time ... it's aspirational for many young girls/women. Just as much as being single, this shows girls that they have a chance.
Shagging male radio DJs does not, but.
Last night didn't really add or subtract any beliefs I have about Harry/Nick.
If anyone CAN show me why the Natalie Imbruglia stuff might be more credible than past links, then please do, I'd love to see some sources about it, because I've caught on quite late.
Same re: Harry and Nick kissing in clubs - don't leave us hanging!
(this thread seems to be moving quite fast lately, I'm sure I'm forgetting to respond to some stuff ...)
- Someone who went to the gig last night claims to have seen lots of interaction between H & Grimmy (she says she saw Grimmy watching from one of the balconies with Annie M)
Apparently she saw H singing to G during certain songs and Joking with him during the breaks.
(This info originated from tumblr though)
Re the kissing in clubs. I believe the tweet I saw about the two being all over each other, simply because it was so long ago (before they were papped together, way back in mid jan)
- I read about them kissing much more recently but can't find where now sorry
- R403, and then they would shave their heads and make home orgy video. Would love to see that!
- This is interesting.. sounds like Zayn's voice to me. If it's real then it basically proves that Harry is straight. Well, he might be bi, but certainly not gay.
- As I said in post R356:
If the tabloid press and Harry's 1D bandmates are to be believed, Harry is a manwhore who has a different girl in his bed each week. If the gossip on the street is to be believed, it is all a cover for Harry's emerging same sex leanings. And we know what the "Larry" fans think his preference is - "Louissexual" i.e. hopelessly in love with Louis Tomlinson. I'm inclined to believe all 3 theories - they are in fact not in conflict with one another, and support the seemingly in the know regular on popbitch who hinted at one of 1D (was clearly H) being somewhat insatiable to the extent that they happily bat for either team, as long as their itch was scratched.
- the next recording should be the first person who goes up to Zayn and introduces themselves as Christabelle Riley
- did something happen to the louis thread? or are we here now?
- I think the last Louis thread was tanked because of Harry's underaged nudes.
r436 - interesting. Second time Zayn has been compromised. That one blog who knew everything seems to really have known everything. Too bad they stopped posting.
- I like the way Zayn always seems to be ordering his prospective sex partners around - turns me on tbh.
- We may never find out if that recording is real (it does sound very much like Zayn though) but the stories of Harry/Zayn foursomes just don't go away - the first time we heard about this unholy alliance was during the X Factor tour. There was a video clip going round recently which was allegedly one of the reasons Zayn deleted his twitter - I've forgotten what it was about, but the take home message was that whilst on tour, Zayn invites fans to his hotel room for sex. Which I imagine is par for the course if you're young, rich and single.
Will be interesting to see how they wangle out of this one though, with all the claims that the girls were underage. If the tabloids don't take up the story I suppose they'll be able to get away with ignoring or denying it.
(Didn't Perrie say that the first time Zayn chatted her up, it was with a view to sex later on that night? Charming!)
- When I watched X-factor they year they were on, I thought Liam was the gay one, before the band was put together. Harry def not, one of Hurts told Caz how he met one the band, sounded like had to be Harry, in the loos and Harry talked to him about scoring with all the fit birds.
The guy mentioned how precocious and cocky he (Harry?) was.
- I do think Liam and Louis are the possible gay ones of the group.
- Yes, R442. I don't know what to think anymore.. On the one hand there's excessive rumors about him hooking up with girls. Maybe they're true, maybe not.. idk. On the other hand you have rumors about him and Louis and him and Grimmy. Idk.. maybe Harry is bi. He's certainly not gay though, as in having sex only with men.. at the most he's bi. I can even picture him being in an open relationship, whether it's with Grimmy, Louis or someone else.. the guy just seems to need his freedom, and to enjoy it too.
- I don't think Liam is gay. I still think Louis could be, he gets a little to defensive about it.
- damn zayn needs to be more careful. This is twice now. I don't get why fans leak this stuff though.
- R445 - Indeed, all part of living while (he's) young I suppose! Reminds me of the stories all those years ago about Bowie and Jagger, rehashed in the Daily Fail article below...
- The boys were at a signing today, and a girl said Louis was kinda rude/bitchy, he just wanted to talk to Harry. I wasn't sure if I believed it or not.. but then a video came out and Louis had the biggest bitch face ever. LOL. What they said was true. The only one he cared about was Harry. They got to sit next to each other for once too.
- That's what happens in every signing, R449. Louis always ignores fans, chats to whoever is sitting beside him and has his bitch!mode on blast.
- i saw some videos and he was acting no different than the other guys.
- I've never heard Zayn so aggressive before. Does he want them in the hotel room for a card game, or something?
- Zayn is such a little whore. Best voice, best looking one and in control. No wonder he's my favorite.
Young groupies are not new. Joey Fatone used to bang everybody and their mother (literally, I'm sure some tweenie Nsync fan's moms got some Joey dick). Can't blame the player for playing the game.
- So someone gave louis a balloon that said something about larry and and shipping bullshit. It's awkward. What do you make of his reaction?
- I think Zayn has a R&B voice not the best in my oppinion,to mushy ,also i don't see him as the best looking.But he would make an amazing actor.He comes off a bit dull and boring and quite a poser.I appreciate him no doubt about IT.he is a lovely guy and lately he seems more engaged and genuine.i like that
Harry on the other hand is just a rolling stone he really resembles Mick Jagger ,he is a cool and sexy guy ; his voice is very rock &roll it could find a place anywhere.I think Harry Styles is a diamond in the rough.I just can't get enough. he's got an abstract way of thinking which helps in this industry.
HE IS HOT AND IN DEMAND
- Louis and Niall are the only ones who I really find interesting. Zayn is painfully dull, though I think he did well in their latest video, much cuter personality there. At least he is finally making an effort. Liam... oh dear, he's a sweetie, but just doesn't have natural charisma or personality. Good voice though. Harry... I liked him at first but now he's just kinda "out there". He always looks like he is hearing voices in his head, kwim? Harry just comes across to me as very fake lately... this story, that story... who is Harry, really? Louis, my favorite, I could stare at him forever... but wtf was he wearing in the new video??? Gawdawfu! He's still gorgeous though. What would you rate his legs on scale 0-10? And Niall just keeps getting better & better in every way, he's my 2nd fave.
- Harry is not "out there "the media is interested in his lifestyle a lot more than the other members.He is the most haunted by paparazzy .I bet the other guys go out as much as him ,have friends ,interact and eat in restaurants it's only natural.It's not his fault he is popular & people are interested.I don't think he gets a thrill out of it at this moment.I am sorry for him in a way sometimes because he's got no privacy at all..the wolves are on the loose
Harry Styles , Nick Grimshaw
- R457 I think you misunderstood me. By "out there" I did not mean that he is out & about in public. In the US at least, "out there" means acting strange, weird, or someone not acting like themselves for any number of reasons. I hope that makes sense, that's the best way I can describe what I meant by "out there".
- R455, I was being facetious. I've already mentioned that 1D is a shitty boyband. Their voices range from the bland to the boring to the mediocre. Zayn having the best voice out of that manufactored boyband is a clear joke since none of them are particularly good or have an interesting voice. I understand you're a little fangirl in loves with mr. poseur 'rock and roller Mick Jagger protege' but beforreal And sure Harry and Zayn are cute little kitties. One is more white bread and the other has more spice. Boybands are manufactored to fit the different taste of the tweeners. Every fan will have her favorite, lol.
Clearly, none of 1D have the vocal chops of BSB. Heck, they don't even have the vocal chops or talent of NSync. Lastly R455, at least most of us who were grown ass fans of Nsync recognized that JC had the most range/best voice while Justin's baby girl goat voice was distinctive, therefore, a gem in it's own.
Honestly, 1D would never have made it up against BSB nor NSYNC. Both those boybands had vocals while dancing which ain't easy. I understand the fangirl love and pathetic illusions but come on, let's be honest about the 'talents' or lack of, of 1D.
Getting back. Paps get courted by the artists/stars so it's likely that Harry and his people are doing the courting to get him attention. Eh, the label typically plays these little PR games with their manufactored product so it's no biggie.
- Harry is the only thing that interests me about 1D. I haven't even bothered watching their new video, and the new song is nothing to get excited about. I don't own any of their records and have never seen them in concert/at a signing etc. I'm not really a fan of their music, but then I'm older than their target audience of 11-16 year olds.
But I find Harry Styles very intriguing. Any interest I have in the other boys is only in relation to them being his bandmates. Now he's hanging out so much with Nick, someone I've liked/admired for years, he has become even more interesting to me ;) It's not his fault that the media can't get enough of him! He comes across to me as by far the nicest of the 5, for want of a better word - always happy to take photographs with fans, doesn't respond to twitter needling, doesn't go on about not being disturbed on his days off (the other 3 minus Liam are guilty of this) and seems the most mature despite being the youngest (no irritating antics during interviews). He's been my favourite since judges' house, and it's no surprise he's the most popular with the press, the public and fellow celebs.
Louis is my least favourite - he's just an ex-chav (sorry!) who now brushes up well. Poor voice, little charisma, rude to fans, irritating during interviews, thinks he's funny but isn't, and I can't stand his speaking voice. And he has small man syndrome.
2nd favourite is Niall, then Zayn. Liam seems lovely but really dull. Voice-wise Harry's raspy Richard Marx-esque tone is the only one I like, with Zayn a distant 2nd. Liam's voice is reliable but uninteresting, Niall's is below average and Louis' is a nasal non-event.
I can't wait for the inevitable announcement that Harry is leaving them to go solo. With his taste in music you just know he won't release an album of anodyne pop, and he has enough support in the industry for it to be (at the very least) mildly successful.
- R460 Why do you admire Nick?
- Same as [R460] i really like Nick Grimshaw and it wouldn't be a surprise if in 10 years time he's gonna take over BBC radio 1 in entirety.
I am so glad Harry associates himself with some smart,prolific and talented people .That says a lot about him.A lot.
I don't think Harry is bisexual he just has plenty of things in common with Nick and the other way around.
Nick Grimshaw is a champion.
- R461 - I think Grimmy is fab at what he does. I started listening to him when he took on weekend breakfast years ago (Radio 1 is the default station chez moi - it's just on all the time) but I'd "known" him from C4's Freshly Squeezed. I wasn't happy with his move to the late night slot as it clashed with bedtime, but I still caught his show when I could and grew to love him in that "new music" slot. Through him I discovered new and interesting artists, and I realised we had very similar tastes in music.
What I really admire though is his broadcasting style. With someone like Chris Moyles I always felt like I was listening in on the popular guy at school holding court, cowering in the corner lest he noticed and picked on me. With Grimmy, I feel like he's in the room with me, on the same side - like I could easily be a guest on his show, enjoying the same music, laughing at the same jokes. He made a 2 hour show feel like 40 minutes, that's how effortless his style is. Ben Cooper made an inspired call promoting him to breakfast, and for the first time in years, I will enjoy listening to the radio on my drive to work. Kick off 6.30am tomorrow - I have everything tightly crossed for him!
- All the money and fame in the world don't make Louis any less of a chav R460! When the mask slips it's not hard to see how unpleasant he really is. Probably because he knows he has no career after 1D.
Harry gets the attention because he's interesting and because he doesn't go out of his way to make enemies. Liam seems like a nice guy but he's just dull.
- I am going to completely stick my neck on the line here. Not only do I think Harry is bisexual I think if only men existed on the planet he'd be in his element.
He has tons of chemistry with males. And all of the so-called cougaring and chemistry with women is less evident and more written about by sleezy rags like The Mirror based on fleeting unproveable instances or associations like, a peck on the cheek.
The Natalia Imbruglia thing, is just a plant imo. I think Harry was embarrassed because the whole sex-by-association embarrasses him. And there could be more same-sex innuendo to it than anyone knows. Imo. All this guy has to do is stand next to a woman and zap! they've "hooked up". There is something up when one young guy gets linked to several different women a week on virtually no solid evidence, yet his constant soujourns with Nick Grimshaw get overlooked as 'pal' fodder for the rags to giggle at. Oh look, there's Harry out with his 'pal' buying a banana - Maybe he'll use it on Natalie Imbruglia?
It's so fucked up.
And screams of Hackford 'eye of the storm' Jones feeding the likes of The Mirror. Then again, they have free reign to make their own bullshit up anyway. Ditto The Sun, Star and Daily Mail.
I cannot believe a.) the evidence from my own eyes, esp. around Louis and the other boys b.) what appears very much to be attempts to out himself partially on radio and in interviews c.) Nick Grimshaw d.) all these journalist and gay community tweets and underground buzz (see L Girl), amount to absolutely nothing.
I think Harry is gay. But if he ever comes out it will be as bisexual because that's the safest bet for his audience. At some point I do think Louis was involved but he seems to have pissed on his own chips these days and that's that.....
- The only thing that nags me(that doesn't affect sexuality) is Harry's actual connection with Nick. Yes I think their friendship seems genuine, yes it goes back some way and clearly before people even 'knew' about them.
And example being right at the height of the Flack rumours - and possibly before the first Louis thread appeared here - someone on a UK gossip forum I frequent surprised everyone (who were rving about the CF - HS age gap) that said HS was actually the 'boyfriend of a grim northern DJ'. This was MONTHS before anything and right at the time only Caroline Flack was news.
And yes there are unexplainable things like Harry rushing off to spend Valentine's day with Nick and leaving Louis at home (and what boyfriend would be comfortable with that?), things that place Nick above Louis in the apparent pecking order. BUT, at what point did Grimshaw, as much as I like him, know he was to be a replacement for Chris Moyles?
Moylesy's a tough tough act to follow and the suits at Radio One had to know that Grimshaw as logical successor would lose a chunk of die-hard Moyles listeners (aka straight men). Grimshaw is much much more about music over comedy (though he can combine the two) he still has a bent for homofication of his subject matter on his own show. That works on his own show. He'd have to reign that in for a daytime audience. Because that, sadly, would put off a lot of straight male Radio 1 listeners, so what better way to absorb the loss than by bringing Harry Styles in in a Big Friend Way and attracting a new wave of indie kids and One Direction fans, interested in the association and also new hipster style listeners.
As it's got closer to the change over Harry has been more upfront (see, papped) in Nick's circle. The romantic in me says there's reason for this but then the cynic says that coupled with the latest cougaring tales (obvious PR plants) and Nick's new show, the focus is less on a 'free' Harry than a smooth tranisiton for Radio One, using Harry. Who will slump back into being everyone's unfavourite woman-using whore once this is done (and which appears to be already starting).
But then all this pushing of the envelope between Harry and Nick on his show may also have been Harry's 'reward' for helping out too. To free himself in small stages. Maybe I'm lookig at it wrong. But there seems to be method to it?
I'd be interested to hear Links' views on this and anyone else.
- Btw, the 'recording of Zayn' is interesting but could also be fake/d.
You can't even hear a response from anyone in the background and the tone is generally jokey. Though to be unbiased it could be what it is, boys getting it on with girls. It's highly risky though, knowing phone convos can be recorded and leaked. He is either extremely stupid or it's been timed to coincide with oher things. These are American girls, so some time ago, why not release when it happened?
It's just another 'angle' to the conundrum that is this group and I don't think it makes anyone's sexuality any clearer. I'm more interested in rumours and stuff from British sources because they are, by default, closer to any insider action.
- The grim northern dj story was from about mid December and I'd even seen a pic of them at a fancy dress bonfire party before that so they have been good friends at the very least for a long time
- Louis reaction to the "I ship Larry" or whatever balloon some fan handed him. Oh dear.
Harry just laughs. Louis does his best barely concealed deathglare.
- I hope no rumour (mentionned here) is true because that much pressure and living under so much scrutinity could kill this kid.Can you imagine even for a second living in his shoes ?.mentally K.O A good comparison in a way it would be gladiators throw to the beasts in the roman arenas.Non Stop.I just hope he will break free because he's a Great guy he deserves only the best.
- Interesting reaction from Louis/Harry onstage at iTunes t'other night.
I have no idea what it's in relation to, for either picture. Obviously the Larry ship is in full sail once more, the recording of 'Zayn' is being debunked and then this turns up.
- I also sensed some discomfort between Louis and Nick Grimshaw at the interview though this could just be because (I think) Louis finds interviews quite hard anyway. Unless he is the natural centre of attention with a specific story to tell he seems to fall back on the others a little more and this is indicative of shyness. He definietly did not say 'Hi' when introduced even though everyone else did.
When asked to describe one another at iTunes Zayn said Harry was 'sexy' and Louis said Harry was 'kind', which was quite a nice thing to say.
I did delight in that Louis and Nick's gigantic quiffs seemed to be in competition with each other. Both are just ludicrous!
And I also love Harry's mum. She's a complete fox and also seems very loving and grounded.
- I couldn't agree more, R464! Perfectly summed up :)
R466 - I think we're on the same page on this. However Nick's closeness to Harry began well before february when Ben Cooper took over as controller of radio 1. Their friendship evolved very quickly - Harry had already met Nick's parents before the christmas invite - and I think people were so distracted by Harry the cougar hunter and Louis that they failed to join the dots.
A small example: during 1D's first American tour (late feb - April) Harry used to spend a lot of his time on an app called Draw Something. Coincidentally Nick started mentioning being on Draw Something with his "friend" in America around the same time. The boys did a webchat and one of them mentioned how much time Harry spent on this app. It doesn't prove anything, and neither does Harry hanging out with Nick's partner-in-crime Aimee Phillips whenever he was in NY (never reported) but I think the talk of Harry being a lonely "cupcake" pining for Louis during their last tours minimised the fact that he had a significant other in his life.
Then he returns to London and hangs out with Nick all the time, and looked a bit lost when Nick went on hols to Ibiza in July. Listening to Nick's show it was pretty obvious he was incredibly fond of Harry, and again this predates Cooper's arrival and overhaul plans. No-one thought Moyles was leaving before his contract ran out in 2014, but Cooper got round this by offering him whatever free slot he wanted (Nick's old slot, Fearne's maternity cover... anything). If he refuses, then that's his choice as no-one's contract in R1 ties them to a particular slot. I honestly think Nick's promotion was a genuine surprise to him. I (and I'm sure many others) expected Greg James to move to breakfast with Huw or Grimmy taking over drive.
What I think the link is here is Ben Cooper's actual decision to give Grimmy the breakfast slot. When he decided Moyles had to go, he must have listened to all the potential DJs, maybe stalked their twitters and at the same time assessed what's popular at the minute, and realised Greg James may lose listeners but won't neccessarily bring new and younger ones, ditto Huw and Fearne. Grimmy was being mentiomed in the tabloids in relation to Harry, and that's what you want from your number 1 show host - good press coverage. When was the last time anyone saw Greg James in the Sun or Mail online?
When Nick was away laat week, Harry went to Pixie Geldof's birthday dinner/karaoke. If the Nick thing was for Radio 1 publicity he won't need to become increasingly friendly with Nick's friends, which again predates the R1 promotion (cf: Aimee Phillips in NY). Harry's mum Anne won't tweet Nick so much as she's not Radio 1's target audience. It just feels like everyone close to them knows that at this point in time they are each other's significant other, whetever that means..
PS: This is just a sunday morning pre-breakfast ramble. My thoughts may be more coherent once I have food in me!
- PPS: New Grimmy interview in today's Sun. For the first time ever (I think) he sounds defensive about Harry. I wonder if we're now going to see less of them together?
Anyway interview in the link below:
- R473, thanks a lot for that. I was trying to iron out whether this was a publicity grab, though I do this with reluctance as I'd like to think Harry and Nick have a genuine friendship and maybe more whatever it is. It seems from what you've said that Harry and Nick predate any impending replacement for Moyles and strategising for a new audience. I'm glad about that! I would not like to think they were fake. ("No punchies!")
I cannot, much as I try (and it's definitely not shipper syndrome because I think the entire straight/gay One Direction fandom is 75% mad as spoons) write Louis out of the equation with Harry. I dunno whether I think it's a longstanding/off-on relationship, a "friends with benefits" scenario or if all the innuendo and affection is simply two young guys of a similar persuasion JUST making fun of that situation and egging one another on, without the physical aspect many fans have always assumed.
In some form, Louis, considered himself Harry's 'boyfriend' (whatever he figured that meant) according to 'his' Facebook page of around August 2011 during their Leeds festival romp.
I try not to be too harsh on Louis because it must be incredibly tough for him pretending to be this image of a nice straight boy dating a nice girl and this camp flamboyant young guy who used to be incredibly open and cute about his sexuality, unafraid to be seen/linked with Harry and even revelling in it. That changed when they went to the USA this year in May and that's when Louis and his whole personality started to become harder, defensive and more guarded, esp. as Eleanor came into focus more. I do think he gets huffy more to protect her and her reputation, because these things he never cared about before.
So that conflicts. Nick could be a very supportive and caring friend but there just seems more substance to it than anything else. As someone said earlier, that Harry spends much of his free time late into the night (self-confessed) waiting around for Nick rather suggests Nick is important in a social way that even Louis doesn't factor into. Or seemingly.
- I think you've got it r475, even though you are unsure. Even the detail of Louis's facebook page (then under the name Invisie Invisiman - or something like that, which is totally a celeb thing) sounds like the correct placement of things.
- Well, r476, those are just my thoughts and I could be way off base, but it makes sense to me taking into account a bisexual/gay subtext.
In the meantime, I bid you a happy Sunday with a pic of a total doll, the lovely Niall.
- R456, I would agree with majority of your post.
I'm never sure whether H is involved with Flack or Grimmy but I do feel (relatively) sure that H isn't straight (although not convinced he is exclusively gay either)
There has just been too much in the way of 'evidence':
Anon posters on gossip sites, tweets from the gay scene, tweets from media peeps, tweets from London professionals with 'valid sources' comments on online articles, tweet from the girl with links to H's family. the Canadian boy etc..
All of this has been going on since last year (before G&H or L&H were highly publicised) The gossip is sufficiently different to suggest it isn't one rumour being repeated over and over (H is gay, H is bi, H had a 3some, H is with grimmy, the Canadian boy etc..)
The video of H clearly referring to a 'Him' when talking about what he looks for in a 'girl' was odd?
As was an interview in March where H was asked when he last kissed a girl. He answered "yesterday" Liam then chipped in "but when did you last enjoy it?" A joke I guess, but a very odd one to make??
Then there is the relationship with Grimmy which is unusual which ever way you look at it.
Grimmy's evasiveness in the Sun interview adds credibility to the rumours IMO?
ALL these rumours surround the member of the band that is the most heterosexual seeming of the lot? That says something in itself, surely? (although he does also have the largest profile so this may also contribute to this)
R466, re your second post, I would agree largely with R473 although I think the BBC have capitalised on the relationship recently (and understandably)
I don't think it invalidates their friendship/relationship though (& I've noticed many attempts by Grimmy to conceal the level of time they spend together)
- Correction, was agreeing with R465 not R456.
- Good point L Girl, Grimmy does try quite hard to play down the amount of time he spends with Harry (even in that Sun interview he says they don't spend their downtime together, which is not true as they've been photographed together many times just hanging out).
Perhaps the attempt to downplay is a result of their relationship (whatever that is) attracting increasing comment?
- Hi again R475 - I agree one can't completely take Louis out of the equation. But I think once Louis decided to get serious with Eleanor he made a clear point of putting her above Harry in his priority ladder. Harry in turn did the same with Grimmy, but this was less obvious as he is seen more with 1D/Louis.
Unlike the Larry tinhatters I don't see anything untoward about the Louis/Eleanor relationship. It's pointless comparing it to his relationship with Hannah, Liam/Danielle etc as every relationship is different and Eleanor allegedly overlapped with Hannah, whcih easily explains him sounding non-committal in the early days and being vague with dates etc.
The facebook thing I can't take seriously. Louis played up the bromance when it was in his interest to do this. He benefitted (by association) from Harry's popularity, but as soon as the mainly American fans (who were seeing stuff out of context) started tinhatting and asserting on tumblr/twitter that it was DEFINITELY a romance hidden by MANAGEMENT and that Eleanor was a paid beard, he began to downplay their friendship, and has continued to do so. They're probably still close friends, just not as close as they were time last year.
I think it's tough trying to convince people that having a high pitched voice, being a bit camp and having an obviously played-up bromance with a close friend does not mean you're gay. The McFly boys did worse (seriously, Larry is nothing compared to Pudd) but no-one took them seriously. As was the case before 1D went to the states. I think the whole thing just got lost in translation, not helped by all the edited/photoshopped stuff. I still think Harry had a man-crush on Louis, and it may have been mutual at a point, but all the stuff about them being in a secret relationship with Eleanor recruited to hide it is nonsense and teenage wishful thinking. In my opinion, of course!
- L Girl : I agree the BBC have capitalized on the friendship. I meant that I didn't think Nick and Harry's closeness related to publicity for the breakfast show, although indirectly it may be that Nick needed Harry around him more as the time approached for emotional support.
I thought the Liam comment was just a reference to the Katy Perry lyric (I kissed a girl and liked it) as he said "when was the last time you liked it?" (the question was "when was the last time you kissed a girl?") I suspect Harry was telling the truth - he'd been at Lily Halpern's apartment the night before and knowing Harry and his flirty ways, I believe they shared a cheeky kiss (and no more) as she sounded rather giddy on twitter talking about him around the time, all this before she was linked with him.
The alleged "him" sounded more like "them" to me, which Harry always says. I agree with the rest of your post though - Grimmy's evasiveness reminds me of his "ban" on mentioning Harry on his show. "Harry" became "my friend" but it just made him talk about him even more.
- I'm sorry but I think a lot of people here are projecting onto Harry. You assume he lives in absolutes. That he pictures a perfect relationship with a man. Tell me any body at 19 or 20 who fantasises about settling down with anybody. What you fantasise about at that age is multiple experiences in love - with BOTH sexes.
- "Rumour has it a certain very popular boyband member who is alleged to favour the cougar women is close to being outed."
Just nicked this from an English gossip forum. It was posted a couple of days ago. They are more reticent about naming people directly but it's obvious who they are referring to. Large pinch of salt required as usual.
- According to the sun mag article they met at teen awards which took place early October last year and by bonfire night they appeared to be going out socially to a fancy dress party. Anyone know if they met through work in that month? I wonder how they became friends that went out partying together in that space of time?
- R482, I don't know. I know he normally says 'em' but it definately sound like a 'him' to me (& I would normally be very sceptical about anything pointed out by a Larry fan!)
The Liam thing makes sense now though. I didn't remember the exact words said but you're right. It probably was a reference to Perry.
In the sun interview, I expected Nick to either be very open about Harry or make some subtle reference confirming he is straight.
I was surprised he did neither.
- R484, Which forum?
R485, Usually, grimshaw says they met a bit through interviewing when H was on the x factor in 2010 but then swapped number when they were sat together at the GQ awards at the end of September 2011.
- "Don't know if this has been said but I heard an absolute blinder today.
A certain presenter of an Xtra tv show is getting a lot of flack for her relationship with her young BF.
However apparently said young BF is actually the BF of a grim northern radio DJ."
This was posted on same English forum as mentioned before but in a different thread on 15th December 2011. I know this was mentioned here earlier but now you have an exact date.
- DS R487. I don't generally post here and only occasionally read this thread but if I see the odd snippet I post it here and people can make of it what they will. I actually think Harry and Grimmy are just great friends but it is always a bit of craic to speculate otherwise.
- R489, Thanks, do you know which thread it was?
- The 100% blind items thread in the showbiz section. The other one was a thread speculating about closeted celebs. I tend to go there for scd news and end up reading all the other shite.
- Reply490 try using Google to search using the cryptic words for H's bf
- You People are tragic,obsessing about the love life of a teenager. get a hobby
- R493 Which of my hobbies would you like to hear about? I have many which varied and interesting to me. I read here sometimes for a bit of a giggle. What do you do for light entertainment? I'm here today because I have a heavy cold and feel crap. This cheers me up when I can't be arsed doing anything more energetic or requiring concentration.
- LMAO.. you think Louis is straight and really with Eleanor when EVERY TIME he is with her he looks so fucking miserable. Yep, you're right. It's totally natural for all guys to look miserable with their girlfriends, right? LOL. I can't believe you call us tinhatters just because we can see the truth, and don't believe all the BS the media tells us. I'm not even a Larry shipper, but there's no way in hell I will EVER believe that gay boy is straight. Too much about his relationship don't match up.. like him sending "I love you" to his girlfriend when he was asleep on a plane. Or him looking miserable every time he's with her, or the perfectly planned release of the instagram photos.. like the one with Eleanor and Louis' family when his family was away on holiday. Every photo I've seen with Eleanor he has a fake smile. And don't give me the BS about not every relationship is the same.. so fucking what? He still has the same fake smile with Eleanor as he does with fans. Then there's all the carefully staged publicity stunts, fake affection etc. It's a fake, fake, fake relationship. I don't buy it at all.. fake kissing at the Olympics taken by an OBVIOUS paparazzi, but they just "missed" the lips, right? LOL. Or what about the obvious cover ups aka reenactments? he went to the grocery store with Harry, then did with Eleanor. He went skiing with Harry then voila with Eleanor too. And then there was the photo Eleanor tweeted with the "I love Louis" t-shirt just happening to be laying on top. In all the photos I've seen of them that are NOT taken by the paps, he looks miserable. Every single time. Oh, and speaking of paps.. weird how we get 80+ photos of them at a fucking airport, but 1 grainy photo of Liam and Danienne when they're on vacation.. well.. unlike recently when they were in Venice, because management realized the mistake in not having paps stalk them too.. it looked fishy as hell, so they paid a pap so Louis relationship with Eleanor would look more real. We had like 5 photos of Liam and Danielle after a year of being together.. we had a million HQ photos of Eleanor and Louis after 1 year of being together (Oh, I'm sorry.. is it one year? I don't know, and neither does Louis.. he doesn't know where they met either).
But whatever.. I know that whatever I say you will just think I'm tinhatting anyway. I don't even care. It's not my fault you can't see a fake relationship when it's so fucking obvious. I can't wait until Louis spill the beans in a few years. Lets see who's right. I'm certain I'm right. That boy is gay.. he gets boners while staring at his male best friend. He has no interest in his girlfriend what so ever. They look so awkward together all the time.. his body language speaks volumes. But of course, you think he's sooooo in love with his girlfriend. My mind boggles. But oh well.. believe what you want. If you think Louis is straight and in love with his girlfriend then fine. I know I'm right so I don't give a fuck.
But I will say this.. you guys are completely clueless and missing a gaydar if you think Louis is straight. I'm also rolling my eyes at you for saying Louis is an asshole when you don't know him at all. I would be angry too at the fans for being such idiots. Yes, I believe Eleanor is a paid, fake girlfriend, but fans are idiots tweeting him about it. I would lose it too if I had idiot fans like that. Louis freaking out on twitter doesn't mean squat. It doesn't mean that his girlfriend is real, like some of you people seem to think. It just means he's protecting her, because they ARE friends after all. He's also acting, which is his job. Lashing out on Larry fans just means his relationship with Eleanor seem more real.
But whatever. I'm done. You've already made up your opinion. Nothing I say or do can convince you otherwise, and there's no way in hell you can convince me that his girlfriend is real. So we'll just have to agree to disagree.
The reason I left this thread in the first place was because it's so extremely one sided. You all hate on Louis, calling him an asshole etc.
- R495, you are our resident Larry shipper?
May I ask, some while ago you (I think) posted about someone telling you Zayn and Harry had a dabble. You didn't want to say because someone had told you in confidnce.
Would you be comfortable in expanding on that now as so much time has gone by and you don't need to name names or be specific. There is so so much conflicting rumour, gossip and general bullshit out there it would barely make a dint anyway.
I am just curious as one blogger thinks Zayn is bi (I do too).
- R495 - delivered in the usual deranged style of the Larry tinhatter. I have helpfully linked your tumblr blog below as your claim that you are not a Larry shipper is a Lorry-load of bullshit.
Ps: You keep saying you're done, so God knows why you keep coming back!
- For L Girl and our other DigiSpy lovers. I noted you and Old School were discussing Robbie Williams (affectionately known on DS as Fat Bloke From Stoke, lol!) and spotted this today:
[quote] Robbie Williams is Bi as my ex partner was a Roadie on his last but one tour and he was going with men then. Even though hes had a baby, he's a history of being with men.
One of the very best threads there was the one about the alleged love triangle between cheeky Geordie TV presenters, the inseparable Ant and Dec and Williams, a few years ago. Highly hilarious and I think it got pulled because everyone ended up tinhatting (what? noooo! lol.) It was funny as hell though and quite intriguing. Someone else said that RW liked male rentboys back in the day dressed in masks (I think that came from a blindie though).
Edit: someone chimed in recently to say Ant and Dec have been holidaying in private together in Devon. And didn't want anyone to know. Bless.
- Keep your teen girl squabbles on Tumblr, R497 (and R495). We don't care.
Being passive-aggressively helpful
- R498 - I think "fat dancer" was his rather harsh nickname. Those DS threesome stories just didn't go away, even though Dec had 2 fairly serious relationships (Claire who did Dancing on Ice and the lass from Sky) and Ant had a longterm relationship with his now-wife Lisa. I never believed them, though I believed the earlier rumours of Robbie and Jonathan Wilkes as they seemed too close for comfort at a point. But both are now happily married, as far as we know.
On the subject of fake relationships, the one Robbie had with Rachel Hunter was as suspect as they come; at the time the gay/bi rumours were everywhere and he was trying to break internationally. I think in the short-term it did him more harm than good as everyone saw through it.
R499 - teen girl squabbles? Lol. It's been a long time since I was a teen. And no, you're being provocative, not helpful.
- R499, I get what your saying but I'm with R497 on this.
I have no problem with Larry believers and hope that they stay on this thread as it makes for a better debate. I think their views are totally plausible even though they are not my views.
However, this girl misquote everyone, contradicts herself, is rude about the people she talks about, labels anyone that disagrees with her a 'bully' and is arrogant. On top of all that, she is dishonest (which I can't stand)
- I don't think Harry is gay, but he is a huge flirt, I think he likes making people (men & women) want him.
- Cheers L Girl - very well summed up. I try to be restrained when I post, but her rants wind me up something rotten.
- L Girl, you are quite right; it's been one of those days. Not knowing the backstory, it simply came across to me as a schoolyard spat. I still don't think that comments like "you guys are completely clueless" and "usual deranged style of the Larry tinhatter" really help the debate either way though!
Like you, I like to see a variety of viewpoints on here, whether they agree with mine or not.
- R498 I wasn't reading to closely and did wonder who the fat bloke from Stoke was. Hilarious. I do love DS sometimes because no-one really gives a shit and it's all in good fun mostly. I do find people take things a tad too seriously on here both the shippers and the trolls. It would be nice if Grimmy could just get himself a bloke and be open about it. He's a good sort a deserves that.
- people actually think harry is gay after that phonecall of zayn trying to get girls for them for sex? Like I don't get it, if anyone of them is gay it's Louis.
- [quote][R498] I wasn't reading to closely and did wonder who the fat bloke from Stoke was. Hilarious. I do love DS sometimes because no-one really gives a shit and it's all in good fun mostly. I do find people take things a tad too seriously on here both the shippers and the trolls. It would be nice if Grimmy could just get himself a bloke and be open about it. He's a good sort a deserves that.
The one thing I'm hoping is that all this attention doesn't drive Grimmy and Harry down the eventual path of denial and backtracking. As the 'Gryles' ship sets sail. Fangirls have already fallen for their 'thing', including some of the Larry fans, who seems to have taken to Nick quite well. I think this rouses a deal of interest. The fact that it's two men, the age difference, the hipster factor, etc. That Nick and Harry are both quirky, free spirited types.
To some extent I felt their papped outings of late were done with reason in mind. They seem so quietly solid in their friendship/relationship it'd be shame for it to turn into a media frenzy.
- From the Fab interview:
[quote]Nevertheless, his friendship with the 18-year-old Romeo, has raised eyebrows. At 10 years his junior, Hazza is not an obvious companion. So what’s the deal with these two?....Nick’s not keen to explain. “We met at the Teen Awards last year and we’re doing it again this year. We’ve got the same sense of humour…” he says before tailing off. “He’s smart and we’re both northern, I dunno…”
Louis could take a few notes here. Instead of belittling what they have he starts to explain their compatibilities. There's definitely a caginess about some of his answers if you read the whole segment. And this is good:
[quote]His disarming smile gets bigger and the subject of Harry seems closed.
This is classic Grimshaw drawing the shutters. Why so coy, Grimmy?
But I think he handled this really well.
- R505 - I think Digitalspy is worse than here! Have you visited any of the appreciation threads on there? They are very scary places! And any thread on race or sexuality ends up being pulled with one or two people suspended. I just browse there every now and again, usually during X factor and SCD. And Downton - the Downton non-spoiler thread there is great!
R507 - Re Nick and Harry, I have a feeling we're going to see less and less of them together and more denial, downplaying and backtracking :( The press are now tiptoeing around the subject and with a new 1D album imminent (Harry needs to be seen as available to their teen fanbase; Gay/bi rumours won't help that) and Nick's new job (Harry bromance - good PR, Harry romance - not so good PR, maybe) they may both agree between them to be less visible for a period. Alternatively Harry may be linked with someone for longer than a week (Cara, Caroline again, an older woman in need of a career boost)
- R503, Likewise.
- R509 I don't do appreciation threads nor Big Brother ones which are really nasty. I go to the Strictly sub forum and the showbiz sub forum.
- R509, I totally hear what you're saying but sometimes I think Harry just doesn't care about demographic. But he is contracted no doubt into 2013 and likely beyond so like all of them he too will have to play by 'rules' he may not always find easy. I think Nick represents a sort of freedom from that stifle.
I did find Niall's (Nick interview) comment quite interesting. He said something about 'this is the last time we'll be doing this' or something, maybe in reference to iTunes but I dunno. They talked about 'endgame', in reference to One Direction's follow up album but 'endgame' is also a term used by the Larry shippers. Probably only coincidence and more likely with ref to the worry that album number two needed to live up to the first one. I wondered if they were perhaps hinting that this would be it for the group, that after this album and tour the job was done.
- He's a diva but he still has his moments.
Would you kick that out of bed?
- That audio recording of Zayn ordering the girls to hurry to the hotel room actually bothers me. He always seemed like the type that respected women having been raised in a family of girls. This talk about Harry having to wait for "booty" is despicable. Is it peer pressure that makes these boys get so desperate for sexual pleasure that they will resort to aggression and intimidation in order to have it at any cost? What the fuck, Zayn and Harry.
It's patriarchy, plain and simple. women as objects etc.
You do know his surname is Malik, right?
- [/quote]Is it peer pressure that makes these boys get so desperate for sexual pleasure that they will resort to aggression and intimidation in order to have it at any cost?
The girls were giving it back as good as they got it. The girls could've said no. These girls aren't victims or being coerced. They wanted to fuck as much as the boys did.
- this is cute, it's nice to see them looking happy. The shippers need to just let them be and stop shoving it in their faces. Maybe they would go back to the way they used to be, Louis just seems uncomfortable most of the time now.
- 514, he's a man whore basically. He's a teenager, he wants sex I don't really blame him he is getting girls thrown at him all the time.
- r516 - but what about his girlfriend Perry?
And those girls are just as bad. They want to be objectified and half a chance, they want to be rough handled in bed. Is it self loathing that makes the boys not want to seduce their sex partners properly?
- I think r514 was more referring to his tone towards them - like they were vagina delivery women running late with his order.
- [quote]That audio recording of Zayn ordering the girls to hurry to the hotel room actually bothers me. He always seemed like the type that respected women having been raised in a family of girls. This talk about Harry having to wait for "booty" is despicable. Is it peer pressure that makes these boys get so desperate for sexual pleasure that they will resort to aggression and intimidation in order to have it at any cost? What the fuck, Zayn and Harry.
How do you know it even is Zayn? 'Zayn' could be voiced by anyone and why is he louder and clearer over a cellphone than the girl on her rattly cell?
- On the nose, r520. I always pinpointed Zayn and Harry's appeal to be a sense of regarding THEMSELVES as the objects, like self worshipping cats.
There was a kind of desperation in Zayn's voice which unnerved me. I really did not think him and Harry would want to dominate or coerce anybody. I genuinely thought they didn't give a fuck if people wanted to have sex with them or not. I admired them so much for maintaining a kind of at home with themselves appeal.
This recording just changed everything!!!
- Wouldn't it be more sensible to wait and see if it does turn out to be Zayn procuring 'underage girls' rather than just assuming?
- His poor girlfriend :/
If he wants to go out being wild and free, hooking up with girls left and right, why have a girlfriend?
- its def zayn. It sounds like him, and they used their makeup artists name. I doubt they were underage though since they were driving.
- Should correct myself the term used during the interview was 'game over' not 'endgame'. Sorry about that.
Found this on tumblr. Observation last week pertaining to Nick and an X Gacktor contestant called Nicolo Festa. Harry Styles in special cameo appearance. Naturally.
[quote]Nicolo Festa was a contestant on the X Factor the same year as One Direction. He wasn’t very good and he got eliminated in the first round I think, but he was pretty funny? Idk I don’t remember him that well but he was good friends with Matt Cardle and Aiden Grimshaw while living in the house. Anyway, there was a rumour that he was dating Nick; I’m trying to find out where it originated, but this is all I can find right now. And yeah, the rumour could be false, but I don’t see why anyone would want to make something like that up, they really weren’t that famous. They used to tweet each other quite regularly, and then there’s that picture of Nick in Nicolo’s jumper, so yeah. Also, there was an audio post going around a little while ago where Aimee was talking about Grimmy trying to impress a certain X Factor loser and hurting his foot; that was probably about Nicolo. People seemed to think they were talking about Harry, but Aimee said Nick had to go to London Fashion Week on crutches; I just did a quick google search, and the pictures of him on crutches are all from February 2011, which was before he’d met Harry. Oh, and there’s that video from when Grimmy had Cher Lloyd on his show and he’s asking her which X Factor contestants she still talks to, and when he mentions Nicolo, the producer of the show starts laughing, so idk. Make of that what you will.................................................................................I actually have no idea when they broke up, but they seem pretty friendly still? Grimmy’s last tweet to Nicolo was apparently in December 2011, but for various reasons I really don’t think they were still together back then, they must have broken up a long time before that. Also, judging from his tweets, I think Nicolo went back to Italy to finish his studies. His tweet about Harry is a bit weird though? He hadn’t tweeted Grimmy in ages, up until about a week ago, when he tweeted him twice. And then two days ago he tweets saying that he wants to change his surname to Styles. Idk, it could mean anything, I’m not going to analyse it and turn it into something it probably isn’t.
- People stop speculating about Harry Styles and Nick Grimshaw.We will never going to find out.Nick is gonna be Harry's manager in the future and they will live happily ever after .Artists shouldn't make their duty to come out it's fucking private.Let them be.It's work not life..
I think Nick Grimshaw is very very smart - who knows he can be the new Simon Cowell / he's got this ability to spot new talents and people with IT factor as seen on his radio show.Harry is One.
i don't think there is anything else than mutual appreciation and respect,friendship and a bit of infatuation coming from Nick.
that is All we need to know.
I really hope Harry quits the band and decides to go solo.I would love to see him playing guitar and writing songs.I hold on a hope...Or maybe he and Zayn could form a group like Oasis..hehehe.No
Harry Styles is wickedly interesting and Nick knows it.
To end this i would say what i love about Harry Styles beside his looks and voice.
He never complains and he is very graceful.To me that is the blueprint of an arist.I really root for him
- 527, don't be shy, just call Harry Styles your personal saviour and be done with it. A lot of crazy and obsessed people here, cougars infatuated with a teenager. Nice.
- it looks like Nick was always interested in Harry Styles this twit dates from 26 Dec 10
I'll swap you jared leto's number for harry style's" HML
he just has an unrequited love syndrome or something like that.Greedy much?
- Hm, r529, to me it looks more like he's talking about somebody else wanting to get Harry's number from him, and offering him Jared Leto's in return. Not sure, though.
- i think he's got Jared's number they did an interview way back and they were very flirty and fond of each other... in the interview they stated the met plenty of times before .You should listen it's hilarious.iit's on soundcloud from what i remember
- harry magazine cover
- louis magazine cover
i really like his.
- I also find it bizarre that anyone still doubts that Zayn is a raging heterosexual.
And I havent even listened to the new tape. I'm just working on the unquestionable footage of him trying to sneak a girl past a handler in a hotel corridor. He quit twatter after that footage was released if I recall correctly.
No my fellow DLers, this boy is clearly very indiscreet. If he was hooking up with guys there would be plenty more evidence than just "the way he looks at his bandmate".
- R534, yes I think Zayn is bisexual.
- what a flaming straight boy
- At the risk of triggering a flame war, whats the evidence of Zayns alleged bisexuality??? Blind Items? The staged bromancing of bandmates? As careless as he is, why isnt there some independent evidence confirming this alleged bisexuality?
- Harry Styles is fiery on that cover..Sexy beast!Intense.Poised.Ahhhhhh.
I would fuck the shit out of him .Continuum.
- I don't think Zayn is bisexual. Where did that come from, R537?
- Couple of Grimmy/Harry updates for anyone interested...
Saw a couple of tweets:
A girl tweeted that H was gay and dating G. She tweeted she found this out from 'her agent's friend' who works with G.
Another girl tweeted H was going out with G. She tweeted she was told this by a friend who knew one of the producers that worked with G. When someone asked her what the proof was, she replied "it will be leaked V soon"
Both were based in London and not 1D fans by the look of it. Tweets might not mean anything but interesting all the same.
Also, this morning, Grimmy talked about going to a screening of a film this afternoon for an interview he is doing tomorrow. He said he was going with his producer.
Another media outlet (presumably there for the same reason) just tweeted that Grimmy was there watching with Harry.
Bet they're chuffed...
- R539: From a number of posts on this thread, including R535.
- L Girl, I never really bought into Larry - just a show bromance in my opinion. I am more inclined to accept the Harry - Grimmy relationship. Mainly because of tweets like you have listed by seemingly non fans commenting. Still not convinced though. I do think the mainstream media are starting to pick up on the unusual closeness of a gay man with the supposedly straight Harry. Interested to see how it plays out. As I said before I hope Grimmy lands himself a decent bloke soon if there is nothing more than being mates between him and Harry which is what I suspect.
- Thanks for that, L Girl. I saw the OmgYahoo mention of Harry/Grimmy seeing the Emma Watson film together but didn't realise Grimmy had earlier claimed he was going with his producer. Sadly I'm only able to listen to the Breakfast show from 6.30 till around 8, and not uninterrupted. At least I'm not staying up till 12 midnight like I did when he was in his old slot!
The bits of Grimmy's show I've caught thus far make it so very crystal clear that he's hopelessly in love with Harry. What Harry's feelings are towards Nick, and whether their relationship has been kept platonic depsite Nick's massive crush is what I'd like to know. Having said that, I hope if there's anything going on no-one outs them without their consent as in all honesty, half the fun is the speculation.
- i don't think they are banging but with Nick's determination i guess he's gonna make it happen.He is crazy about Harry and very focused on what he wants.
- r536 - Louis should go full tilt with the fey. He should loose the chavy tan and cut loose with the canned one-liners. He's brilliantly funny when he doesn't come off as so retentive. The interview with him on E was fucking great.
- I keep changing my mind with these two. For months I thought they were together from what I'd read and photos. Then recently thought it was N who was obsessed with his friend. I'm changing my thoughts again to there being something going on as surely H wouldn't spend so much time with just a friend.
- Meanwhile, someone's made a Harry/Nick fanvid. I's pretty cute actually.
- Gryles is the new Larry. I lost my faith completely.
- 545, he was on E?
- Yes. And not the network, r549. At least that was the consensus when the interview was fresh.
- I've been away from these threads for awhile so I'm just astonished by everything I am reading.
If Management is as invasive and controlling as Larry believers claimed why are they allowing Harry to put his rep on the line like this?
He is constantly hanging with an older openly gay man who gives curious answers to queries over their friendship and oh... neither of them is attached. This is what a glass closet looks like.
As for Louis, I'm happy to believe that he is an effete straight man. They do exist. Just as masculine acting gay men exist too, even if they are a minority.
- can u post the tweets
- I think that Harry is bi, and in love with Louis. I think that L+H fucked each other. Grimshaw is obviously in love with Harry.
Then, I have a few options in my head:
1) Louis made it very clear that he doesn't want to be in a relationship with him. So he decided to move on last year (when Louis fell in love with Eleanor), and started dating Grimshaw. But he is still in love with Louis.
2) L+H were in a secret relationship. (But for whatever reason, they broke up during the US tour.)
--> Harry started dating Grimshaw when he came back.
--> Harry and Louis are still circling around each other. Harry was looking for some affection when he came home, and he found that in Grimshaw. Friends-with-benefits.
--> Harry and Louis are still circling around each other, and Grimshaw is just a friend.
3) Forget all of the above. Harry is straight, Louis and Nick are his friends.
The thing is, why would Harry still make it so obvious that he is in love with Louis, if he believed that Louis is straight? That doesn't make sense. And it's not like he is trying to stop it. He was all over him in Germany last weekend. If there was nothing (to wait for), why would he do that? And why on earth would he do that if he is in a relationship with Grimshaw? Isn't he supposed to focus his attention on Grimshaw, then?
Sorry for my grammar, English is not my first language.
- I think Louis is a gay in denial.
- Does anyone knows anything about Harry and Aiden Grimshaw..there was definitely something very intense between them in the x FACTOR days/ tour
i heard some rumors that Harry broke his heart (i don't take it seriously) but in the video is this love he is holding an H necklace. Strange.The fact they are Not keeping in touch.in a interview Aiden said his ex doesn't answer his calls because he was a dick or something.His lyrics are all about indecision and heartbreak.Anyone?????
- Bloem, your post was nice.
r555 - hmmmm.
- Don't have a clue what chav is but if this is chav then fucking gimme some, I love it!!!
- Louis isn't a chav, he probably was when he was younger judging from old pics. He's the member I am most attracted to.
and rumor has it liam and danielle broke up which is pretty surprising.
- @ R558, people upthread were calling him a chav. Bitchesss pleeez... he's perf
@R553 Your post was great and I am in agreement, I feel along the lines of #2 except I think Harry & Grimmy have hooked up, and more than once :) But yes, Louis has never been completely out of the picture.
L Girl (and others), thank you for taking the time to post your morsels of gossip here... much appreciated!
I was also wondering... regarding Harry and they way it seems he is helping to promote Grimmy for his show... does Flack at all benefit (directly or indirectly) from the success or lack thereof of Grimmy's show?
- I read about Liam and Danielle early this morning and I didn't see that coming! They seemed really happy together, but the 1D boys are really young and Liam started dating her when was 17. She has been off twitter for 4 days which is unlike her, so it's probably true. It could well be a PR exercise to make more of them available pre-album 2, but I'd like to think Liam won't cooperate with crap like that.
R559, Flack has nothing to gain from Grimmy's show doing well or badly. She does a TV show on a rival broadcaster so there's no overlap really.
- From BBC Radio 1
From 8am to 6pm on Saturday 6th October each member of One Direction will present their very own Radio 1 show live from a top secret location. They’ll be picking tunes, giving shout-outs and maybe even making the tea.
Here’s the line-up:
• 8am to 10am - Gemma Cairney & Liam Payne
[bold]• 10am to 12pm – Nick Grimshaw & Harry Styles [/bold]
• 12pm to 2pm - Scott Mills & Zayn Malik
• 2pm to 4pm - Huw Stephens & Niall Horan
• 4pm to 6pm Greg James & Louis Tomlinson
- From BBC Radio 1
From 8am to 6pm on Saturday 6th October each member of One Direction will present their very own Radio 1 show live from a top secret location. They’ll be picking tunes, giving shout-outs and maybe even making the tea.
Here’s the line-up:
• 8am to 10am - Gemma Cairney & Liam Payne
[bold]• 10am to 12pm – Nick Grimshaw & Harry Styles [/bold]
• 12pm to 2pm - Scott Mills & Zayn Malik
• 2pm to 4pm - Huw Stephens & Niall Horan
• 4pm to 6pm Greg James & Louis Tomlinson
- Man, Grimmy really hates Louis, isn't it? It was obvious this morning on the radio. And I don't understand, if he is with Harry, why be unsecure about your relationship, why do you act like an immature brat live?
- R563 - That sort of thing is par for the course on Radio 1 Breakfast, and Grimmy has been rude about everyone in 1D at various points this year. That's what being the Breakfast show DJ is all about - they're not paid to arselick unlike their commercial counterparts.
In other news, we know Harry went to see Perks with Grimmy and Ian Chaloner yesterday, but Nick just said Harry couldn't stay till the end. Looks like he went over to Nick's later and got at least a cuddle off him :)
- Nick met up with Harry again later and went out for a meal from what he said about eating taramasalata
- Just remembered Grimmy talking about seeing popstars in videos and imagining kissing their soft lips or something similar. I wonder who was making him think about that?
- R563 I'm in the US so spill please, what did Grimmy say about Louis on his show?
- To be honest Grimmy's show this morning was filled with little hints about him and Harry. I'd almost have thought he was doing it on purpose were it not for the fact he was calling him "my friend" (it was only after Emma Watson tweeted about it that he had to concede it was Harry he'd been referring to).
One bit in particular that caught my attention when when he talked about not being able to sleep last night because he was "playfighting" with someone...
- I don't think grimmy hates louis. He defended him when someone called him the annoying one.
- When was this R569?
- I didn't hear it myself, but saw it on tumblr
Fearne Cotton just called Louis “The Annoying One”
Nick answered with “He’s not annoying, he’s full of energy which is good for the radio.
- His show sounds incredibly annoying. He spends it talking about hanging out with his teen bf? Wow! He gets paid to say that shit?
If I was Management, I would be very worried about him pulling Taylor Swift if theres a bitter falling out. Its not like Grimmy himself is closeted.
- r555 if you are open minded to the fact something may have been/be between them (and I am) Aiden's lyrics make for interesting reading ;)
"you are staring at the rainbow but your eyes are colour blind"
- grimmy name drops everyone. i honestly don't think harry and him are together and they're just friends.
- This thread will probably be full by the end of the day.
Can anyone that is a paid up member of the site start a new thread when it's nearly full?
(I think a lot of us on here are not and therefore unable to)
Thanks very much.
- They have got to be more than friends, seeing a film in the afternoon, later having a meal out and then later in his own words when he was trying to sleep, playfighting and getting him excited again.
Also read the omgyahoo mention about the film and something about the film and it said "Yes, finally we have beared witness to the actual curls and yes, they are as bouncy as you would imagine.
As are Nick and Harry's little feet which didn't stop shuffling around throughout the film."
- Harry and Grimmy were/are at minimum, friends with benefits. Grimmy talked on air in September 2011 that he had gotten to second base with Harry Styles (then 17) and that was before Harry was documented spending 24/7 with him. Harry has been constantly photographed with Grimmy, spending the night at his house, wearing matching outfits, etc. for almost a year. Harry sits on his lap, holds his hand walking down the street, etc
Nick has also on many occasion implied all kinds of sexual things going on between him and Harry, as well as Harry with many others. I think there was a tweet implying that Harry let's himself be used by almost anyone and that he is wild at parties. There are photos of Harry smoking and some say he was caught with drugs. Most feel that Grimmy has outed Harry on air on many occasions but people just say he was joking because they don't want to give up their image of Harry
Nick said that Harry is hardcore and wilder than him is. Nick who by all accounts takes drugs and hooks up in bathrooms with strangers.
Harry also has some kind of COMPLICATED relationship with Louis Tomlinson. Most agree that when Louis and Harry are in the same room they gravitate towards each other like magnets and shut almost everyone else out.
The One Direction interview with Grimmy at the itunes festival last week was interesting. Louis wasn't happy and this was the first time Harry's attention wasn't mostly focused on Louis. Harry seemed to be trying to please Grimmy, although he did look a Louis a few times. Naill lost it and laughed his head off at the tense situation.
Events of the last month suggest that Louis and Harry had a major falling out in August.
Falling out has to be tempered because by all accounts Louis is caught in Harry Style's web and doesn't even try to get out. Even when Louis is mad at Harry, he won't try to hurt him or shut him out. Louis is Harry's caregiver at ALL times. Most think that Louis and Harry still live together and probably always have. There is a song by Example that many think Harry Styles wrote the lyric to about hurting his love.
Harry and Louis made up when they went to LA for the MTV VMA's. Then last week had a huge fight which caused Louis to go crazy on twitter. They made up last Thursday at the itunes festival. Most think that Louis agreed to whatever Harry wanted because Harry smiles like the sun in Louis' presence currently.
We are also getting the first photos of them together in the same place, sitting next to each other, etc...in a very long time.
Louis has been through something these last few weeks. He used to look and act like Peter Pan only 2 months ago. Now, all of our current views of him are that he went through a war and is no longer a child. He has been sitting very still and being very quiet when before, many probably thought he was ADHD at times.
Grimmy's started hosting the Breakfast show on Monday and already people are commenting on how often and intimately he mentions Harry Styles. Far more then they think someone who is only a BFF would mention him. He references him like someone would a spouse. Also, people are saying that he used his relationship with Harry to get the job since it's likely Harry will be a frequent guest as he was on Grimmy's nightime show
People think there is drama between Louis and Grimmy. Louis was supposed to be interviewed on the Breakfast show today but wasn't. Those who tuned in weren't told the reason why. In August, Louis and Grimmy were civil to each other during an interview. I wonder if things have changed or if people are reading more into things then there is.
On Monday when Harry called into the Breakfast show, he was clearly distracted. Nick implied that he was occupied with someone else at the time having anal sex. Nick kept saying that his finger had slipped. Although,he was referencing playing an incorrect song before he played One Direction's new single.
So the current situation seems to be that Harry and Louis are back together as boyfriends, even though Harry is still spending lots of time with Grims
- R578/Green - I'm sorry to say this, but your post is a load of nonsense and potentially libellous. You have thrown around accusations with no evidence whatsoever to back them up - I don't even know where to start!
- R578 Thank you for the complete conjecture, put across as fact. Unless you spend a great deal of time in their presence, I can't quite see how you could know some of those quite intimate details; details which, with all due respect, sound a little fantastical. Very much like an episode of Eastenders or Corrie.
I haven't had a chance to listen to the whole show yet (I start work at half eight), but I'll be interested to hear about the cinema trip.
One last point; Nick Grimshaw did not get the radio gig because of Harry Styles. He's friends with far cooler people who would give him more credibility to name drop - Kate Moss or Jamie Hince to name two. Also, even having Harry Styles as your mate and phoning him/having him as a guest every so often wouldn't save you if you were a shit DJ.
Grimmy has covered day time shifts before; his late night show is popular; he has an irreverent, friendly and humourous styles which, given time, will develop and people will respond to. It was bound to be a rocky start; Moyles has been on that show for eight years and has a hardcore following, even if they're not the target audience. And it's not just their age; it's their taste. Very FHM/Nuts crowd.
I personally think Grimmy's a great change and I've enjoyed the last three shows waking up in the morning. I would very rarely tune in to Moyles, mainly because of the lack of music.
He will have to be careful he doesn't turn it into the Grimmy ft. One Direction show; but they're his record of the week, he has an interview with one of them each day (contrary to the rumours going around, he never confirmed the order they would be interviewed in, he merely asked Harry's opinion and reeled it off; in reality, their management team will be deciding who's free or best to talk to when. Fincham sorts out the actual calling anyway.) and after this I think it will calm down.
He mentions Harry most frequently only as "my friend"; and even then, there will be occasions when he's not actually referring to Harry, who is not his only friend, but fans will want to believe he is. This is the same for the moniker "pop star", which he seems to use frequently to describe most singers he knows.
I absolutely hate Fearne Cotton, she thinks she's so bloody likable, but she's an absolute snob about music (she likes, after all, the coolest band in the WORLD Mumford and Sons ...).
Greg James has now tweeted Louis saying about the radio thing. There seems to be now ill-will, but who knows. I doubt Nick hung up on Greg; it would be very unprofessional and stupid in his first week. And I don't think he's either. He's wanted this job for a long time; he's not going to jeopardise it just to get a dig in at Louis Tomlinson (if indeed that's even his aim, which I highly doubt). His sarcastic comment about "he seems thrilled" (which I must say I have yet to hear) sounds like just that; a sarcastic joke he maybe thought would come across better.
On the other hand maybe he and Louis are at war over Harry's affections, while Harry plays them off against each other, but is secretly always going to be deeply in love with Louis while Grimmy is just a bit of fun on a rainy day. Oh, and apparently is going to become Harry's beard, just like Eleanor is Louis's. That sounds far more plausible.
- The Fangurl in me loves your post Green. Love triangles with plenty of angst - love it.
But the adult in me wonders how much we can possibly know so much about people we dont live with. How could anyone know about break-ups & make-ups based on minutes of footage spread over many months?
I maintain that Grimmy needs to shut his trap about Harry (& the rest of his famous pals). Its tacky as hell.
- r581 - I'm with you. I want more from Green, with the reasons Green believes what Green is typing.
- I think Harry and Nick make a very funny couple, they complement each other nicely. I am happy Harry isn't with Louis, as I always said they don't look good together. However I find Louis and Liam's friendship very hot. It was reported they were inseparable at Itunes festival (I saw the videos, they smiled and looked at each other constantly) and in Germany. People at the hotel in Germany said they were all over each other. I want to see how this will play out especially now that Liam aparently split with his girlfriend. Liam always had a big crush on Louis. Their almost kiss in Australia in April is the hottest thing I've seen. It is a classic. Watch Louis's reaction and Liam's guilty look at 0:35. I cannot wait to see them in concerts and interviews.
- Lilo is a great pairing.
- Regarding Nick mentioning Harry all the time - he really can't help it as he obviously adores him and spends a lot of time with him. If he just liked Harry from afar he could get away with it more, like he did in his earlier T4 days when he had a crush on Zac Efron. On an average show he'd talk about his crush (e.g. Zac) something he did with a close friend he sees all the time (e.g. "alcoholic" Gells) or family, and then a famous-friend anecdote or two (e.g. Alexa, Mark "Rhonda" Ronson). Harry ticks all 3 boxes now and it must be really really hard for Grimmy to reign in the Harry/Harold mentions. I think he will next week after the 1D promotion, but there'll be the Radio 1 takeover, the teen awards and then their album push...
I don't mind the mentions at all as I adore both parties, but I think others will start to find it a bit much. That's what I miss about his late evening show - he could get away with anything (within reason), including Harry hanging out in the station night after night. He's got a much bigger (and more critical) audience now,
Links - I'm glad there's someone else who can't bear Fearne! I disliked her when she did the chart show with Reggie. For someone presenting a show which by its very description is going to be varied and mainstream, her music snobbery was grating. I remember her championing Bon Iver when they were starting out, and she put me off them completely with her "they're the only thing worth listening to in the entire top 40" sneer.
- A lot of people have mentioned the theory that Grimmy has a massive crush on Harry but that it's not necessarily reciprocated?
I don't disagree with the 'Grimmy has a crush part' but find it hard to believe a straight 18 yo would spend nearly all his spare time (or so it seems) with a gay guy clearly infatuated him if there wasn't something on both sides?
R585, I don't suppose you could sign off your posts going forwards? (makes it easier to see who you're talking to!)
- R583, you're getting dangerously close to the exact same territory that Larry shippers have been called out over on plenty of occasions on this thread! If you slowed the gif down it would no doubt look like an epic LiLo romance, right?!
That was not a nearly kiss, though I admit I think Lou and Liam would make a good couple because the dynamic seems less fraught. In a similar way, Harry's dynamic with Nick is much less fraught than when he is under the spotlight with Louis.
Someone said further back that Louis should ditch the straight mofo image and just let his inner rainbow child run free and I agree. I wonder if his sour demeanour of late has had anything to do with his natural fruit being reined back? He is quite the comic when let loose and I always thought he'd do better in acting than music. I hope there's a standup gig for him after One Direction finishes.
There was a lot of Gryles today and the fangurls are loving it. I personally think the deal here is really simple, and that's to get Harry out, step by step, be it with Nick, as a partner, and let people just join the dots in their own time, whilst layering other elements of the fandom with innuendo about cougars/Natalie Imbruglia/Cara, etc (hence keeping everyone happy) and again I hazard a guess that perhaps someone has had a word with their managaement and said enough is enough and they'd like a bit more freedom since we've made you all this lovely money?
One Direction are basically Modest's main/only trump card, in a world of disgruntlement. I'll let others work that out. It may or may not be relevant.
Just speculation on my part but I cannot see One Direction going on beyond this tour. And I can't see them wanting to, because I don't think (at least) some of them would be able to exist in a routine boyband for years. And that's perfectly logical. As we speak a new clone UK One Direction is already in the offing. One of them even dresses exactly like Louis.
So, Nick quote today re: Harry. He said something along the lines of 'I'm not his protector, he knows more than me...blah blah' and I thought that was genius because it was as if he was saying 'that's not why we're friends'. Like, I didn't come into this to babysit someone who's already been round the world and knows the ropes.
L Girl and Links, your comments are always welcome and interesting. L Girl, please could you expand on a previous post where you stated some girl friend of Harry's family made some tweets about him? TIA.
- [quote]and that's to get Harry out, step by step, be it with Nick, as a partner, and let people just join the dots in their own time,
Should have said (but went off on one) 'or on his own'.
I just get a sense that for these last few months Harry in particular is not only branching away from One D on some level but is also steering his own destiny a bit more as regards his personal choices? Could be wrong but I def get the vibe that he could be quite independent of all of this.
Nick offered him a job at Radio One and he just said there and then he'd do it. And though it was all in fun I think he would.
- [quote]Both were based in London and not 1D fans by the look of it. Tweets might not mean anything but interesting all the same.
How recent were these?
- R587, I saw a tweet from a girl (twitter is sooo good for gossip lol!) who seems to know (based on their conversations) a women who appears to be very close friends with H's mum (I don't think the girl know's H of his family though)
She tweeted about the Lucy Horribin story a few hours before it was released (presuming others knew about it) and also tweeted info that wasn't reported (the DJ got the sack for the affair)
This implied (at least to me) that she has 'insider' type gossip.
She then tweeted a couple of months back something along the lines..
"NG is my favourite person ever, accept when he is corrupting boyband members I fancy"
Her friend retweeted this and the girl simply responded back...
"I'll never get over it"
That she was referring to an 'involvement' between the two is all speculation on my part.
However, the fact the girl in question knew the Lucy H gossip before it was 'out there', has links with a friend of the family and wrote the tweets re N&G quite cryptically suggested to me that they might mean something?
Of course they may not mean anything.
- Anyone interested in starting a new thread btw?
- R589, This week.
- A nice bit of Zayn and his wandering Harry hand from Germany this week:
- Grimmy is kind of sexy.
- Thanks L Girl, you're a gem.
- New thread here, ladies and gents.
- L Girl: good idea re signing off. I'm not at all used to forums like this where every post is anon! I'll sign off as NW3 :)
- I've read through this entire thread because I came across it on tumblr. I. All for ships in fandoms, it's fun, it's hillarious and its nice to pretend. But it's entirely another thing to do what your doing. YOUR INSANE. Just because harry wears his emotions on his sleeve doesn't mean he's gay. He gets attached to his friends, and follows them around because he's sweet and that's what he does. How can you sit there and say "I know for sure harry is gay or bi" you honestly have no idea whatsoever. It's like if you went to school and every day of your life someone told you that you were gay. And you weren't but they said it over and over and over. How do you think harry feels having people like you sitting at home and analysing his friendships with people to the very last detail. Harry made it ovbious he likes girls, and if anything he's one of the boys that would just say exactly how he felt and not let management stop him. He's done it before, whereas Louis quite clearly hides things because they tell him too. He's closeto grimmy and yes grimmy is gay but so what? If harry was close to a girl this wouldn't exist, you wouldn't be speculating. It's almost like you want him to be gay because you think that's "cool". Harry doesn't flirt with guys, he doesn't stare at them like Louis does, or anything. I've even seen posts on here saying you think Zayn and Niall are gay. Are you serious? Let them live their lives and stop writing out what YOU want to happen.
Finally I want to say again about grimmy. You say that because they stay at each others houses, share clothes, go to party's together that they must have a "thing" lots of guys do this, it's not uncommon in the slightest and your blowing it so fucking out of preportion. For example harry used a gender neutral word and everyone jumped on it and went "OMG HARRY AND GRIMMY ARE SHAGGING" please, save yourselves the embarrassment and save harry from getting hurt by your constant telling he's gay and just stop.
Get some perspective. You're probably outraged because you want to fuck one or more of them, and if they were gay, the possibility of doing so would be gone.
Just like many of the guys posting on this thread want to fuck them, hence the gay speculation.
- Can I say I agree with the last anon they have a point can we all just accept that nick probably has a crush on harry but its not felt by harry? And stop forcing harry to be gay, don't say you "know" he is when you don't x