- He allowed OK to mention his partner and kids in this article.
- Good for him. Anderson should take note.
- AND Diahann Carrol!!!
- Ah, good news.
- I do not understand what the obsession some of you have with him. He is just too "pretty" and obviously is not much of an actor.
- For all the person in middle America knows he could be talking about his cousins.
- I don't think I'd posted on the Bomer "is he or isn't he threads". Really, my only interest in him is, as R5 wrote, because he's "pretty". If he had more masculine looks, I'd not care at all about him.
- I find him quite attractive, he is also the lead of a highly popular show. It's a big deal for him to be openly gay while carrying a popular show whose demo is straight guys.
- Kudos to him. Congratulations to him, to his family, to everyone.
- So are the fangurls on IMDB exploding now?
- R6 doesn't get it.
- He would be perfect to play Monty Clift! I think Bomer is as "pretty" as Clift was in his prime. (Though Clift was a bit more masculine than Bomer.)
Congrats to Matt! Gotta respect that Bomer and Quinto were brave enough to come out of the closet when they could have easily got a beard and play the "straight actor" role.
- Most of the fangirls knew he was gay, so I don't think they'll be any exploding.
- Good for him.
Come on, Anderson. What are you waiting for?
- Yeah the online fan community for him knew Matt Bomer was gay, even more than for Quinto.
- OK, now what?
- If Andy waits too much longer, it will be just him and Ryan mouthing 'va-gi-na' at one another.
- Of course we only care when good looking guys come out.
- Good for him.
Unfortunately, the fangirls seem to have locked his Wikipedia page down.
The Voice of the Night
- Now, suddenly, 85% of Datalounge will either be apathetic towards him or regard him with outright scorn.
It is much better on DL to be closeted.
I'm just glad that he decided to do it at the height of his career and not wait until he was an old washed up fogey like so many of the other closet breakers.
- ....and as soon as I commented on it, someone updated Wikipedia.
Are he and Simon married?
The Voice of the Night
- BEHOLD the fearsome power of The Datalounge. Who's next?
- Hooray for Matt Bomer. Where's the idiot who said Matt Bomer had everything and we out and prouds have nothing! In your face, turd!
- [quote] And I'd really especially like to thank my beautiful family: Simon, Kit, Walker, Henry. Thank you for teaching me what unconditional love is. You will always be my proudest accomplishment
For all anyone in middle America knows, Simon, Kit, Walker, Henry could be his brothers.
Until Matt Bomer announces to the world 'I'm Gay' is still not out.
- He needs some more high profile work, now, he's ten times the man Anderson Cooper is!
- read much, R25?
- R27 I'm talking about middle America that doesn't follow gay blogs and gossip 24/7.
Matt's speech went over their heads, and even if they read that quote they wouldn't connect the dots. He could be talking about cousins, brothers, uncles, even friends.
Until he says 'I'm Gay' he is not out.
- It's already starting to trickle over from the gay blogs into the mainstream press. If you do a Google News search, Huffington Post's article about his coming out is the first result. I'm assuming it hasn't gone wider because TMZ and E! are in 24/7 Whitney mode.
I also assume, given that he's married (?) to his publicist, if this wasn't official, the stories would have been yanked in record time.
It's the same sort of low-key think that Zach Quinto did.
The Voice of the Night
- R25, please see R1.
- Call me cynical, but he chooses to make this speech the same night Whitney Houston dies? Knowing that his 'speech' will be buried under all the 24/7 Whitney news?
And now he can say he did come out (sort of) but people missed it due to the Whitney 24/7 news cycle?
That Simon Halls is one brilliant dude.
- R30 but he doesn't say he is gay. The quote doesn't come out of his mouth.
- I hope you're joking, R31. He's out. Every journalist who every writes about him again is going to mention his family.
- I really feel sorry for you who can't graciously acknowledge and appreciate that Matt Bomer is a terrific looking man, even if he's not to your personal sexual taste. I suspect it's the low self esteem crowd who can't handle great looking men.
- According to its website, the event he was attending started at 5:30 PST, and I think Whitney was pronounced dead around 4. I don't think news of her death broke for a few hours, because I'm sure it was after 8 (EST) when I heard about it.
I'm all for being cynical, but not that cynical.
Besides, the important thing was that he did it.
The Voice of the Night
- Meanwhile, congratulations to Mr. Bomer. The parsing and criticizing going on here is inevitable and ridiculous.
- [quote][R30] but he doesn't say he is gay. The quote doesn't come out of his mouth.
If we can find a picture of him taking it up the ass, will you accept that, or will we need to do a DNA test before you'll go along with it?
The Voice of the Night
- [quote] He's out.
Anymore links other than OK Magazine?
Why not the cover of People. That would gather much more attention.
Is there anything substantial in print?
Until the words come out of his mouth 'I'm Gay', I don't think he is out at all.
- [quote] If we can find a picture of him taking it up the ass, will you accept that
No just him on the cover of a magazine saying he is gay. Or a televised interview.
Just like Ellen DeGeneres, Rosie O'Donnell, Lance Bass, Neil Patrick Harris, Zach Quinto.
He is using the back door. But then again I guess he is used to back door action.
- So far only the Huffington Post and gay news sites and blogs are covering this.
No US, no People, no ET, no Access Hollywood, no Extra. None of the really mainstream entertainment shows or magazines. No AP no UPI.
Until then, he is not really out until he says those magic words. I'm Gay.
- I think OK is tremendous. It's no Hello, but cheers, darling.
- [quote]He is using the back door. But then again I guess he is used to back door action.
Ricky Martin came out on Twitter, didn't he?
The Voice of the Night
- [quote]No just him on the cover of a magazine saying he is gay. Or a televised interview.
Umm, Zach Quinto did the exact same thing. It was referenced as a small part of an interview and not some people cover about "coming out". A much more classy way to handle it.
- Good lord, some of you are being beyond ridiculous.
- Does "The Insider" count?
The Voice of the Night
- But at least Zach Quinto said those magic words, I'm Gay. Same with Ricky Martin. Matt has not said anything to that affect, and let journalists fill in the blanks.
And again, only gay blogs are reporting this. None of the mainstream press is picking up on this. So this is only being reported on in the LGBT community, which we already know.
- [quote] Does "The Insider" count?
I'd more impressed with People and US weekly
- Simon Halls is an eldergay, is that what I'm seeing? Is this an intergenerational affair?
- R46? See R45
- R46, I mean this from the bottom of my heart: FUCK YOU. You're a fucking asshole. Just shut the fuck up you retarded troll.
- The days of the big cover story are over. Isn't this what we've been waiting for? When gay actors are treated just like everyone else. Free to talk about their families without having to make a big publicity event about it?
I find a casual mention of his partner and kids to be far more powerful than any magic words. Straight actors don't announce their sexuality. They just live their lives.
- I forget this thread is filled with the Matt Bomer cheer leading club.
They have been in competition with the Anderson Cooper cheer leading club for years.
Where both dudes can do no wrong.
- I love how the pedant on this thread refuses to acknowledge that when a man thanks his family of two children and another man that he is saying he's gay. Given they have children together this moment was probably inevitable.
The pedant acts as though, in coming out, Matt Bomer had taken something away from him. What a pathetic loser.
- [quote]I'd more impressed with People and US weekly
Well, I'm sorry that I can't provide Sir with a source he'd like, but The Insider is an entertainment program and not a gay blog, and that article hasn't been retracted.
The Voice of the Night
- R51 gets it.
- There is double standard here. Think it is because all you guys are blinded by Matt Bomer's beauty.
When Jodie Foster a few years back acknowledged her partner in a speech 'my beautiful Cydney who sticks with me through all the rotten and the bliss' All you queens attacked her for still being in the closet and having it both ways.
But when Matt Bomer says 'And I'd really especially like to thank my beautiful family: Simon, Kit, Walker, Henry. Thank you for teaching me what unconditional love is. You will always be my proudest accomplishment.'
You applaud him for his bravery, and coming out ever so slowly.
So who is being the hypocrite? When a woman does it, she is labeled for her hypocrisy.
But when a gorgeous guy does it he is applauded?
But again this thread is filled with Matt Bomer cheerleading fans, so he can do no wrong in your eyes.
- R52, I'm not a member of a Matt Bomer fan club. I just think you are wrong. Do you often accuse those who disagree with you of being some kind of interested party with an agenda? You must be mighty impressed with yourself.
- [quote]All you queens attacked her for still being in the closet and having it both ways.
No, we didn't. There were one of two assholes like the one in this thread, but that is hardly "ALL" of us.
- [quote]I love how the pedant on this thread refuses to acknowledge that when a man thanks his family of two children and another man that he is saying he's gay.
Plus [italic]OK!,[/italic] though it's no [italic]New Yorker,[/italic] has fact-checkers. Doubt they'd want Simon Halls on their ass.
- [quote]When Jodie Foster a few years back acknowledged her partner in a speech 'my beautiful Cydney who sticks with me through all the rotten and the bliss' All you queens attacked her for still being in the closet and having it both ways.
All of us? You are quite mad.
- R56? There's this thing called "time"? Maybe you've heard of it? It moves on.
- Surely the point that you have to be very explicit and clear for the mainstream media to process this is a fair one. They are so conditioned and willing to closet, that they will carry on doing so, unless the information is completely explicit and beyond any ambiguity.
- Hope you all realize (thanks to trolldar) that all of the trolling on this thread is by one idiot troll (r56 et al).
- I wish I could find the thread here on DL. You queens really attacked Jodie Foster. And were quite vicious when she thanked 'Cydney' in her speech.
- But that doesn't excuse the fact when Jodie Foster thanks her family and lover, you guys tear her down.
But Matt Bomer does it, he is praised.
So who really is the hypocrite?
- The mainstream media know the game which apparently can't be said of you, R62. They have know all along that Matt is gay and has a partner and children. But the rules are you don't out an actor if you ever want to "eat lunch in this town again." The speech and the OK article are signals that they no longer have to keep the secret. And they won't.
- We'll need about fifty more of these before we issue an etiquette guide.
And, yes, someone will figure out a way to make you pay more for a gay coming out day than a marriage ceremony.
- [quote]Until Matt Bomer announces to the world 'I'm Gay' is still not out.
You're a fucking idiot.
It's like the Obama birth certificate issue. Anyone with a brain knew he was born in the U.S..
But pressure mounted, so they produced the standard document.
Then pressure mounted again, so they produced the full long-form birth certificate.
And now birthers continue to doubt.
Matt Bomer could come out, have a recommitment ceremony with his partner, appear on the cover of People and donate all of his income to the Point Foundation, and you'd be complaining that he didn't come out *fast enough*.
You are an utter moron.
- R65, you're utterly delusional.
- Jodie waited until her career as an actress was over and nobody cared. The same is true of Lance Bass and Rickey Martin. Matt has done this at a critical point in his career, like Zachary. These two--and to a lesser degree Neil Patrick Harris who had been outed--have moved the process to a new level. It's appropriate to hold them in higher esteem than the others.
- Wow, the troll is really worked up. Can't stand seeing a leading man who is out of the closet, so you're trying to shove him back in?
- ITA [R70]. It's another reason why her speech didn't get a lot of attention. Matt is getting a lot of attention from this considering all the other stories out there--Whitney, the Grammy's--and the day is not over yet.
By the way, the story is also on Yahoo.
- R68, Trolldar R40, whom you quoted. You'll find all the idiots on this thread are pretty much the same person. God forbid that Matt Bomer should run his own life.
- Jodie didn't refer to Cyndy as her family or talk about love.
- It's because of our Datalounge Thread. That's why he did it.
- This is how you come out
- WTF. There is no "right" way to come out. If Matt had done it the way Sean Maher did, you'd be screaming about what a publicity whore he is.
- Including the word 'gay' in his sentence would be good.
- "So are the fangurls on IMDB exploding now?"
Actually, no. There's a somewhat restrained, non-vitriolic thread supportive of Matt. It bring up some of the same points that have been mentioned here which are countered in the same post. It's refreshing to see that compared to other juvenile nonsense that is posted on IMDB boards. There is, however, another thread on his IMDB board where someone wrote, "Someone is feeling FABULOUS!"
- Let's not forget Don Lemon.
- [quote]No US, no People, no ET, no Access Hollywood, no Extra. None of the really mainstream entertainment shows or magazines. No AP no UPI.
Wrong, trollerina. Access Hollywood just picked up the story. Happy now?
- And here's the Hollywood Reporter's story on it. In case you're an idiot -- which is about 99% assured, in this case -- the Hollywood Reporter and Variety are considered the two bibles of Hollywood showbiz.
- The new era in Hollywood seems to be embracing the coming out meme. Good, it's about time.
Look, up until fairly recent history you had lots of closeted actors. Hell, they'd been playing straight all their lives so they could act any part at all.
- If the legit rags are running with it, then they're doing it with Halls & Bomer's permission.
Congratulations La Bomer!
- Exactly, all the big boys carrying the story definitely waited to get permission from Bomer's team.
He obviously does want to be considered out now.
- Maybe that's what killed Whitney.
- Interestingly enough, his mom's name is Sissi.
Congratulations, Matt Bomer-Halls!
- Matt Bomer is a comparative kid. All the lesbians in the US knew Jodie Foster was gay back in the 1970s, so that was forty years of bullshit.
- [quote]All the lesbians in the US knew Jodie Foster was gay back in the 1970s, so that was forty years of bullshit.
Jodie didn't turn 18 until the '80s. All of those lesbians, if they were indeed lusting after her, were PEDO FREAKS.
- Well I'm glad the mainstream press is printing that Matt is gay. So I'm happy sites like Hollywood Reporter and Access Hollywood are picking it up.
Guess he is out and proud and good for him and his family!
- Thank you for not saying "Ironically," R88.
- I hope he continues to get "leading man" roles. He's handsome enough for them. He certainly plays a cute character on White Collar. And the show has an openly lesbian character.
- I loved the way they worked gay marriage becoming legal in NY into the White Collar last week with Diana and her girlfriend, they must have done that at the last minute since they were filming these episodes last summer.
- I knew Jodie was gay the minute I saw her in Carney, which came out in 1980. And yes, there was a lot of talk back then about her. Still, we're talking 30 years vs what, a couple of years.
- Yeah, it was actually pretty well done, and opens some doors for interesting character development down the road.
Interesting that a straight person is playing gay, and a gay person is playing straight.
- [quote]I knew Jodie was gay the minute I saw her in Carney, which came out in 1980.
Hell, I knew she was gay when she was in [italic]Candleshoe[/italic] and [italic]Freaky Friday.[/italic]
- This shocking news totally blows me away.
- I don't find him attractive at all.
- It's hard to come out when you were trying your hardest to hide behind a blade of grass. As a testament to his talent, Matt was lousy at pretending to be straight.
- "I'd more impressed with People and US weekly"
- PEOPLE Magazine:
- And now E! has picked it up.
The Voice of the Night
- FANTASTIC! I'm glad the mainstream media is picking this up!
Great for Matt Bomer and his family!
- Even the fraus at iVillage are in the 5th Stage of Grief.
- WONDERFUL! Troll takes everything back! Hope you guys can forgive me.
- And of course, once Hollywood's favorite ass-kisser makes the announcement...
- I find all these articles about his "coming out" a little odd. He didn't come out. He listed off the names of a bunch of family members. Yes, one is his partner, but that's not really coming out. There were no articles about Jodi Foster coming out when she thanked Cydney in a speech. I'm not sure why this is being treated differently.
- It's been treated differently because obviously Matt and Simon wanted it. Jodie's always struck me as half-assed.
- How do you know what he wanted, R109? He didn't refer to Simon by his last name and didn't refer to him as his partner. One site simply took it upon themselves to declare that he'd "come out" by mentioning the name Simon in a speech and a bunch of other outlets picked up the story.
- And none of them have retracted it, meaning that neither his agent, his manager, or his publicist/partner/husband have denied the story.
What do we need to have him do? A reverse Cindy Crawford/Richard Gere?
The Voice of the Night
- No, he hasn't tried to deny it. It would be stupid to do so. I'm just saying he might not have intended for this to have been his public coming out.
- Matt's publicist released the following statement:
"Hon, can you bring me a bottle of Perrier while you're up? Thanks!"
- [quote]I find all these articles about his "coming out" a little odd. He didn't come out. He listed off the names of a bunch of family members. Yes, one is his partner, but that's not really coming out.
You're not going to let this one go, are you?
Not everyone is going to call a press conference and sing an a cappella version of "I Am What I Am".
Or, to make you perfectly happy, parade his partner and kids, dressed in pink, as they all sing "We Are Family" with two of the kids performing a modified Fosse routine and the third flagging like a tired old speed queen at the Invasion of the Pines.
Now, stop being such a ninny.
- Jodie probably counseled him, that's why she pissed off.
- R114, that was an episode of Sonny & Cher when they were still trying to see if Chaz could be made into a darling performer.
Even at the age of eight, I knew those busted teeth would do her no favors. She was also beginning to look like the fat Osmond brother.
- Funny how all of the Matt Bomer Must Come Out threads ran to hundreds of posts.
And 116 so far today, about half from freaks who are dissatisfied with the way he's come out.
No wonder Mommy thinks many of my friends are "vicious queens."
- Here's is probably the difference between Jodie and Matt. Jodie thanked Cydney in her speech, it was gossiped about online, but when the mainstream media called to confirm, her publicists, said, no, don't go with the story.
Matt thanks Simon in his speech, it is gossiped about online, the mainstream media calls to confirm and he and Simon say, yeah, go ahead with the story.
Matt is out, and good for him. More barriers are breaking down.
- Queerty's take on this is surprisingly thoughtful (especially considering what a thorn in his side the site has been).
The basic gist of what happened is this: Following the awards speech, Bomer and Halls gave permission for the press to write that they are a gay couple. (The award was of course Halls' work, this is what publicists do; perhaps a little odd that because although I know Bomer is involved with charities for gay marriage and gay families he wasn't a particularly visible AIDS advocate, esp in Palm Springs of all places. But anyhoo, this was planned for weeks in advance).
Of course, the press is screwing the pooch with it: People's original story headline was "MATT BOMER: I'M GAY" when nothing of that sort happened (they've changed it). It would have better/more genuine if Halls had pushed the direction of the story to something like "MATT BOMER TALKS HUSBAND FOR FIRST TIME" and perhaps have given a little interview or press release where he talks about the family. However, because there was so little meat in the actual coming out speech, the press just sort of took what they had and ran with it.
All in all, while it doesn't quite have the thrilling aplomb of Zachary Quinto's "As a gay man..." it is a pretty sweet to see Bomer take on the mantle of Out Gay Celebrity.
- Meanwhile, the crapsite that is AfterElton still has their head stuck up their butts about it:
- I'm sorry, until he comes over to my house and sucks MY dick, it's not official
- [quote]Meanwhile, the crapsite that is AfterElton still has their head stuck up their butts about it:
I truly don't understand AfterElton's current mentality. Especially about this.
The Voice of the Night
- And here it is in The Advocate.
The Voice of the Night
- I figured this was orchestrated as his official coming out. I don't mean this in a cynical way, I'm just saying it seemed like his camp wanted this speech out there.
- I'm sorry but until he's in a sling being fisted in Times Square he has not come out. Then again it might go over middle America's head. They might just think he's getting an exam from his proctologist.
- ROFL at R125
- If I were Simon, I'd have my tongue up Matt's hole every night.
- [quote]If I were Simon, I'd have my tongue up Matt's hole every night.
And first thing for breakfast.
After, you know, a shower.
- Did he actually say " I'm Gay " Where is Gay word?
- I knew Jodie Foster was gay the minute those Coppertone ads came out.
- finally a masculine hotΩ openly gay dude
- How open is their partnership? How many times has Matt slipped up and indulged?
- After reading this entire thread I have only one thing to say- you people are crazy! What's a person have to do to satisfy you people?
- This is all speculation.
- No, straight men can't look that good.
Houston native Matt Bomer, the ridiculously good looking star of White Collar and the soon-to-be-released male stripper fantasy-film Like Mike, has dashed the hopes of women everywhere by publicly coming out.
It's not that we thought we might meet and fall in love, it's that we thought straight men could dress like that. Nope.
It wasn't a big secret, it seems — Bomer has a long-time partner, Simon Halls, with whom he has has three kids — but it was a shock to the system for the general public Saturday when at the Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards, where he accepted an award for his HIV/AIDS activism, Bomer thanked his partner and "beautiful family."
OK fine, I didn't know. That's what matters here.
I didn't know that it was too much to hope that a guy who likes girls could be so elegantly groomed. Excuse me while I weep into this fine kerchief (fine, it's a used banh mi napkin) over the simultaneous revelations that I will never have Matt Bomer nor a family as cute as his.
Bomer who is from Spring has already been hailed as The Next Ryan Gosling.
"Thank you for teaching me what unconditional love is. You will always be my proudest accomplishment," Bomer told his fam. You can't Hallmark that.
Happy effing Valentine's Day.
- It's due the DL type mentality that people opt to stay closeted!
The self righteous sense of entitlement to other peoples private lives, and self expression is desperate.
It would be a humourous observation if it wasn't so insidious.
- The one thing that makes me think this wasn't an orchestrated coming out is that it wasn't a televised event. Someone in the cheap seats recorded it and uploaded to youtube. Unless they had someone do that on purpose.
I imagine once Towlroad declared it was his coming out and when Matt and Simon stated getting calls they said it was fine to print. It would have looked too silly to do a no comment at that point. That being said I'm sure they knew it was inevitable at some point.
- Bomer and his partner have three kids?! How the hell did he even hold out this long from coming out?
- R138, where have you been? We've known about them for ages. We've posted photos of him out with his kids.
He wasn't IN the closet.
- are the kids multible births? Did they adopt or have surrogates?
- [quote]He wasn't IN the closet.
R139. Yes, he was. He hadn't publicly stated that he was gay, so yes, technically he was still in the closet because he let others speculate his sexual orientation without confirming or denying.
I mean, good for him for coming out and making the statement now. But until you actually say it so that the speculation ends especially by heteros, then you're not really "out." Being out is making a statement so that society is clear about what your actions convey.
- So I guess it was Matt who posted the video of himself birthing twins last year, no?
- R141, you're wrong.
Like David Hyde Pierce... his life was an open book. But that doesn't mean he had to read it to you.
Everyone who mattered knew. Anyone who wanted to know, could see.
He never lied. He never bearded. He never pretended to be other than who and what he was.
You're being an ass.
- Better late than never.
- I agree with [R143]. I also think there is plenty of evidence that it was planned. First, nobody in this day and age, especially someone as smart as Simon, is going to think that it would stay in Palm Springs. Then there's the OK! story that came out a few days beforehand, surely no coincidence.
Plus there's the pictures of them together at GLSEN and Trevor Project events, and the Time Out premiere, after two years of only the barest of glimpses of them together (like the Golden Globe screen caps).
Matt wouldn't have mentioned Simon and the kids by name if he wasn't coming out, he could have just said "family" and left people to wonder what family he was referring to.
- I don't get the After Elton stuff - are they NOT going to report that Simon is his partner after all this, or are they just going to hold that Bomer still isn't openly gay?
- Three kids? He's kept his figure pretty well.
- Matt had to come out sometime soon. matt has claimed his husbands kids as his own, the oldest will be 7 this year, he has got to be asking questions. It was the right time for him to do this. Simon is a PR rep for USA network, this has been in the works for years.
Btw Simon is only about 13 years older than Matt, lots of husbands in het relationships have around that age gap.
- R137, that video was posted by the official twitter for the event. The person running it did Matt fans a favour by posting this version, but the official video of the whole event will also be released.
This is the official twitter for the event:
- [quote]Where is Gay word?
Oh, is rich Russian lady at perfume counter...
- Cheryl really took this well. Only one post so far.
- [quote]Matt had to come out sometime soon. matt has claimed his husbands kids as his own, the oldest will be 7 this year, he has got to be asking questions. It was the right time for him to do this. Simon is a PR rep for USA network, this has been in the works for years.
Is English your first language?
- r152=superior tiresome troll
- So now that he is out, will this mean we don't have to scroll by tiresome threads about this bland, too-pretty actor anymore?
I don't see what the fuss is about him, so NEXT already.
- [quote][R152]=superior tiresome troll
I think you mean "tiresome superior troll" but I will not quibble.
- R127 I do
- I do agree that the AfterElton coverage is regrettable. In an age where most of the complaints about the site is that they don't cater to their gay fanbase as much as they used to they decided to hold back on a story about a gay celebrity coming out because they didn't think it was "official enough", even though it was official enough for freakin people magazine.
Definitely something AfterElton regrets and it is something they can't take back, sadly does them no favors as they try to move forward (and I say this as someone that supports the site and what they try to stand for).
- This has been in the works for some time.
Picture is from December.
- Side note re US Weekly's "Stars and their Soulmates" Valentine's Day photo essay: Anyone cracking up that quite a few of them are couples that have already split this year?
- I also agree this has been in the works for a while R258, while Matt Bomer has never been closeted much he has been far more comfortable being openly seen and photographed with his partner recently. He obviously was purposely trying to come out, in a very non-ridiculous "I'm gay!" cover story way.
I wish him the best, he has the "heart-throb" looks so I hope he can get another gig as that sort after White Collar ends even though he is out. It would mean a lot to gay kids and other closeted actors to see that happen.
- Sorry, but I'm gay and pretty on top of the entertainment scene and stars and after seeing this guy's name on DL for about the past year I still have no fucking clue who he is and have never seen him mentioned elsewhere.
But, good for him...I guess.
- Actually when Jodie did thank Cydney, it WAS all over mainstream including CNN. I don't know where you guys are thinking but do a google search and there are a lot of articles written about it. When they separated, she was on the cover on AOL and CNN etc. And to the people who said no one cared, bullshit because it certainly got in mainstream media.
Oh and BTW she did call Cydney her partner a few months after in an article. She said PARTNER...
so yeah, to the poster on Pg 1 (or 2) Bomer gets a pat on the back and she doesn't. Its bullshit.
- Agree r161, only gay blogs do I see this guy named. It's going to come and go because most won't give a shit.
- [quote]Call me cynical, but he chooses to make this speech the same night Whitney Houston dies? Knowing that his 'speech' will be buried under all the 24/7 Whitney news?
There's no doubt he arranged with Whitney to kick the bucket at that exact moment so he could sneak in his coming out speech when nobody was paying attention.
- After "White Collar" ends we'll rarely if ever see him in anything again. We'll see...
- I LOVE how media made him come out! He only mentioned his family and never said "I'm gay". Assuming that those media have never liked Matt Bomer cunningly playing guessing games in a glass closet, and his partner is powerful PR so you can't write something bad about Matt or you'll get revenge from Halls' agency.
- Are you and R161 unable to read, r163? Every single fucking article posted in this thread references him as the star of USA's hit show White Collar.
Go back to watching your Twilight DVDs.
- Matt made his announcement at an event that had been planned for months. He hardly timed it to the passing of Whitney Houston.
- R165 He has 2 films coming up.
- Hey I'm out too! Remember me?
- R168 lol it wasn't an announcement.
- calm down r167. I was talking a bit more of mainstream. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings over your favorite actor.
- Dailymail, the most frequented website of any newspaper worldwide has picked it up.
- Good for Matt. His partner isn't particularly goodlooking.
Are those three kids Matt's bio kids? Does anybody know?
- Looks like Wikipedia has finally allowed him to be officially called a gay actor and entered into the LGBT category:
- God he is so boring now. At least with the Is he Isn't He, it made him semi interesting, mysterious. Now he is just a boring bland gay with kids and a partner. Yawwn frau! Boring Gay with his crazy eyes!
- That Dailymail link at R173 has a headline that reads
'The rumours are true...I'm gay': Hollywood star Matt Bomer comes out at awards ceremony.
But he didn't say what their headline claims he said. How can they put that line in quotes - even if they are just single quote marks? What a pile of crap.
- Will his not as attractive look-a-like Henry Cavill ever come out?
- R177 It's the Daily Fail - what do you expect? It's the same newspaper that has COUNTLESS grammar and spelling errors in it's articles because they don't bother do proofread anything. They just slop shit down and insert their own stories.
- Isn't Henry Cavill better-looking?
- If Matt and Simon were to split were does Matt stand with legal rights to the kids?
- How do we know Henry Cavill is gay btw? With Bomer it was obvious, but with Cavill it's less certain.
- How incredibly shallow of me, but its always nice when an attractive man comes out of the closet vs. some troll or a woman.
- [quote]Good for Matt. His partner isn't particularly goodlooking.
His partner looks like an attractive older man to me. At least Matt doesn't have the depth of a puddle when it comes to his relationship.
[quote]Are those three kids Matt's bio kids? Does anybody know?
The three children are Simon's via surrogate. He's spoken about the process in interviews before.
[quote]Isn't Henry Cavill better-looking?
No, he's not.
And R176, I say this with feeling: Go fuck yourself.
- [quote]Isn't Henry Cavill better-looking?
No. Cavill's hairline is receding and looks like Wolverine now with that beard and those excessive muscles. Also, he's aging like hell. Matt is 7 years older and looks younger than Henry.
- [quote]Good for Matt. His partner isn't particularly goodlooking.
Trust me on this: as older partners go, he's stunning
- Well I finally got around to reading this thread. I guess my only issue that I'm disappointed that some of you aren't happy with the way he came out. He didn't need the cover of People. He said all he needed to say. He's a class act.
- [quote]If Matt and Simon were to split were does Matt stand with legal rights to the kids?
They live in California. Presumably, Matt adopted them.
The Voice of the Night
- [quote]But he didn't say what their headline claims he said. How can they put that line in quotes - even if they are just single quote marks?
It's been stated here many, many, many times that the person who writes the story does NOT write the headline. Headline writers on every newspaper are stupid, ignorant dolts. They can take a perfectly good story and ruin it with an idiotic headline that barely gives a clue as to the content of the story.
- First Quinto, and now Bomer. Who do you think will be next?
[quote] Isn't Henry Cavill better-looking?
Yes, he obviously is. But your comment is totally unnecessary on this thread.
- Who started the Bomer/Foster comparison? It's silly. Apples and oranges. Though obviously Bomer decided long ago to take a page out of the Jodie "my life is an open book, but i ain't shouting nothing from the rooftops" Foster. I know I've heard him say he admires her and respects her after working together on Flightplan.
The poster who's saying that the reason it's running is that Bomer's camp approved it, is dead wrong. No one is asking for permission. They may be asking him for statements and interviews but not for permission to run a story about comments he made. That's fair game. You're under the illusion that publicists can control something like this. They used to, last century, but they can't now thanks to the internet. If his people had told media to hold back on the story, they would've been told to eff off.
- [quote]Actually when Jodie did thank Cydney, it WAS all over mainstream including CNN. I don't know where you guys are thinking but do a google search and there are a lot of articles written about it. When they separated, she was on the cover on AOL and CNN etc. And to the people who said no one cared, bullshit because it certainly got in mainstream media.
You're right. I had totally forgotten about this. I'm remembering that Natalie Morales and Joan Rivers talked about it on the Today Show and Joan making some joke along the lines of Jodie Foster tripped over Tom Cruise as she came out of the closet.
- R192 of course his people were involved. Why do you think the major websites held off on reporting until later in the day even after the gossipy internet blogs posted it? They were waiting to make sure it wouldn't be objected to by Matt's camp, and for an official statement that never came. You think even that Just Jared lapdog would have done a whole article if he thought there would be backlash? He still has captions of Zach Quinto and Jon Groff pictures as "Quinto and a friend".
- I'm so proud of him.
- I think his partner is quite good looking and actually looks a similar to Matt. Not as polished and pretty-boy as Matt, but still similar looks, though of course he wears glasses and is older than Matt.
- Isn't the real question now, what are these guys' personalities? You don't see many out, gay couples with young kids in Hollywood, particularly with one of them at Matt's stage in his career. They probably want to shield the kids from invasive publicity, but it would be nice to see some kind of family profile.
Did Halls have a partner when he began the family? Is there another dad in the picture? Was he with Matt before any of the kids were born?
- Why would they want to pass along Simon's DNA when Matt's is clearly superior?
Simon must have a heck of a personality/bank account/dick.
- R154, R161, R163, R176 -
You are the worst kind of miserable cunts. You have to take a commendable act and make it about your fucking miserable selves.
I probably haven't watched more than 10 minutes of Matt Bomer in anything, but it is not difficult to comprehend that he's a handsome leading man type who is known to audiences nationwide who watch his t.v. shows. Any act of coming out by anyone deserves respect, including one by someone in the public eye, however big or small their audience.
Have some respect. Or have fun rotting in your own shitty existences.
- "God he is so boring now. At least with the Is he Isn't He, it made him semi interesting, mysterious. Now he is just a boring bland gay with kids and a partner. Yawwn frau! Boring Gay with his crazy eyes!"
Now those of you criticizing R176 for the above should just stop. Other than the ridiculous "cougar/milf" crazes perpetuated by women to feel better about themselves, the bottom line is if straight men prefer a hot young unattached woman over a some woman worn out from children, then why shouldn't a gay man find the likes of Matt Bomer boring?
- IMO an out gay man with a partner and kids in Hollywood, career on the ascendancy, is the opposite of boring. Boredom comes from familiarity, and we sure haven't seen many like this before. "Mysterious" closeted gay men are all too common. They're the boring ones.
- [quote]he's a handsome leading man type who is known to audiences nationwide who watch his t.v. shows.
Yes, R199, and he's also been performing in important gay-positive productions lately, like NOH8 and The Normal Heart.
Perhaps it's all part of his and Simon's grand design to bring him to this point of coming out, but if so, all the better, as it's an indication he is proud to be gay and wants to contribute something to making the world a better place for gay people.
- [quote]He hadn't publicly stated that he was gay, so yes, technically he was still in the closet because he let others speculate his sexual orientation without confirming or denying.
That's the "glass closet" which is closer to be out than to being in the closet.
- Oh yes A gay man with 3 kids is so fuckin hot! Yeah me and all my gays sit around and just go on and on how exciting the domestic life is, and how hot Bomer is because he is so middle class now. Love it. So hot! Maybe we can carpool? Yawn!
- I'm really surprised there are people wondering if this was planned. His partner is a powerful publicist. Matt made a speech. The media was promptly alerted. The story is global within hours. Of course it was planned.
- [quote]Oh yes A gay man with 3 kids is so fuckin hot! Yeah me and all my gays sit around and just go on and on how exciting the domestic life is, and how hot Bomer is because he is so middle class now. Love it. So hot! Maybe we can carpool? Yawn!
Sorry to inform you, but believe it or not, some gay men don't want to spend the rest of their lives sleeping around and having superficial relationships. Some people like the idea of getting married and having a family. I'd rather be married and have true love and a "boring" life than to look like a sad aging queen like Marc Jacobs who's pushing 50 and still chasing after 20 somethings who just want his money.
Now run along and go watch your A-List reruns.
- We get your point, R204, but AJ and Pitt are married with a bunch of kids, and they're still hot fodder for headlines.
Likewise dozens of other celebs, including NPH and DB.
Not that Bomer is on their level of household-name status, but were he married to a woman it wouldn't likely hurt is public image, and it's possible this won't be a major problem, either.
We won't really know until White Collar is over and we see what happens to him in the future.
I wish him a long and successful career and a happy family life.
- [quote]How do we know Henry Cavill is gay btw?
He is (was?) pretty.
- [quote]AJ and Pitt are married
BREAKING NEWS!!! AJ and Pitt finally marry.
- LOL, definitely "was", not "is" R208.
- When did they marry R207?
- Thank you, R202.
- Channing Tatum's movie made a ton of money last weekend, Magic Mike could be a bigger hit than people think and give a boost to Matt's career.
Simon described himself as single in an interview he gave when his surrogate was expecting the twins, and someone here on a Matt thread from late 2007 claimed to know him and said he was currently single. Best guess is they met some time in 2008 when White Collar was cast.
- So Pitt and AJ aren't married yet?
I know Pitt said he'd never marry until gay people could marry, but I thought he said a while back he'd decided not to wait, because the kids deserved to have married parents.
At any rate, they are taken and not on the open market, and that's my point; not whether they've signed the papers, but that they are partnered and have kids, and fans cannot pretend they are single and available, as R4 apparently thinks actors must be, in order to be desirable.
Sorry for getting you into a tizzy with my mis-reporting.
- R191, I'm not totally sure, Matt is def more of a "pretty boy" he's more a Brad Pitt and probably more classically handsome.
- While Cavill is hot but more rugged.
- A friend of mine was a chef at a restaurant where Bomer once waited tables. He said that Bomer used to say if he ever became famous, he'd never come out.
- LOL at people saying until he's i'm gay than he hasn't come out! You can't win with some people so just laugh with them.
- [quote]A friend of mine was a chef at a restaurant where Bomer once waited tables. He said that Bomer used to say if he ever became famous, he'd never come out.
Yeah sure he did.
- Damn, he's fine.
- What's with all the messages comparing Matt Bomer and Henry Cavill? That would be like me hijacking a "Whitney Houston is dead" thread and starting to compare Houston with the late Phyllis Hyman. (BTW: Hyman was more beautiful and talented than Houston.)
- His partner is... not what I expected in the looks department?
- Isn't this similar to how Jodie came out? So why are there so many straight people who refuse to see that as official?
- I'm not sure what you mean by "why are there so many straight people who refuse to see that as official?" What exactly are people supposed to do in order to see celebrity gayness as official, other than not denying it? I don't know any straight people who deny Jody's gayness (and I'm from super-homophobic Missouri), and while I expect some fangurls to weep in sorrow, I doubt that most straight people who even know who he is will deny that he is gay.
So otherwise, what are they supposed to do?
- [quote]A friend of mine was a chef at a restaurant where Bomer once waited tables. He said that Bomer used to say if he ever became famous, he'd never come out.
If this is even true, there's the possibility that he... *gasp* grew up! Not to mention married a man he loves with whom he is raising children, and as such, he doesn't want to disrespect them by ignoring them or pretending they don't exist.
And yeah, having that partner be a PR guru who could shepherd him through the process probably didn't hurt either.
- r217, maybe Simon told him come out or get out.
- Wonderful news....
We'll we don't really have anything to say about him anymore do we?
- All these older gays, who love a gay man with children are elder frau! It's not about going to clubs and fucking around, Matt Bomer comes across as bland and boring, and this just tops it off. Sorry elders! I find Angelina Brad boring and eye rolling as well.
Matt Bomers career, relegated to Glee guest spots and part time tv work after his wack show get's canceled. RIP Matt Bomers career, may you and Whitney sing with the angels. Now go paint pictures with your kids. yawwn! I hear Logo is hiring.
- I was referring to Jodie r224. She came out in similar way to Bomer (publically acknowledging her partner and kids), and still there were people saying it didn't count because she didn't say the words 'i'm gay'.
- Stop trying to make "elder frau" happen, r228.
- r230. Stop quoting MEAN GIRLS, freak! Still holding onto 2005 a?
- Oh, ok r223. I've never heard anyone suggesting that Jodie's coming out "didn't count." That just sounds strange to me.
- for 230
- Jodie even after she thanked her longtime partner still refused to talk about her private life and sexuality when asked since. That's not coming out don't you think? .
- If he didn't fuck a guy in public, it doesn't count!
- Does thinking someone even though, you didn't specify who it was mean you came out? Jim Parsons, thanked his partner before too not, acknowledging who he was, and he's not offically out. Anderson Cooper thanked his partner at the time in his book, yet of course he still refuses to talk about his love life. Didn't Matt Bomer just do the same thing?
- I think publically stating that you have a same-sex partner is coming out, r234. There are plenty of celebrities who refuse to publicity-whore and blather about their private life--frankly, I admire them, including Jodie. She's gay, we know it, she acknowledged it. That's enough for me.
- Uhh, could someone possibly mistake someone named "Simon" for a woman?
- Like my str8 gurlfriends say, Unless I see the cock in mouth and chocolate machine, He str8 2 me!
- But she didn't acknowledge it. She just thanked a woman. She didn't say my partner, nor has she ever talked about if she likes men or women. That's not coming if I cay, I'd like to thank james for his support. James, could be anyone. I'm just waying we know she's gay or Matt, but saying a name is not coming.
- Jodie referred to her partner as an intimate part of her life. Even if straights don't want to believe it, everyone knew she was referring to a relationship with a woman.
- SHe has never said she likes women, and even since then she still has refused to talk about her orientation. That's not coming out. Clay Aiken came out, Ricky martin, Sean Hayes, Hell even Rock Hudson authorized a book about him being gay. Thanking a same sex person is not the same as coming out, at least straights don't see it as that.
"Well. we don't really have anything to say about him anymore do we?"
- She didn't just say her partner's name though, she said "my beautiful Cydney".
Most people generally don't use a designation like that unless they're talking about a SO.
- [quote]at least straights don't see it as that
Wtf are you talking about? I don't know any straights who think any of these people are straight. Credit them with some braincells at least. You'd have to be thick as two short planks not to know they were gay.
Straights can thank an opposite sex partner without having to then say explicitly "I'm straight" Surely we're grown up enough to do the same.
- If Jodie came out then why since she thanked her ex has she STILL refused to talk about her sexual orientation, huh? That's still someone who is very much in the glass closet.
- Jesus, negative nelly know-it-alls like you are fucking tedious. R228
- Another victim of the gay mafia and an Orwellian society that sticks its nose where it doesn't belong. Frightening and sad.
- R228 was very nutty! Definetly a mental illness is present in her mind.
- R191, I'm not the one who brought up Henry Cavill - someone else did. I was just responding because I disagree with the comment that Bomer is better-looking than Cavill.
- R248=shivering in the closet,miserable.
- If the general public sees Jodie as gay, why won't wikipedia list her as an lgbt person? There are people who refuse to acknowledge that speech or know nothing about it.
- R234 can you link me to the article of when jodie, after thanking cydney and calling her partner in an interview, she was asked and refused to declair her sexually?
Oh wait you cant....right..
- R252, as David Ehrenstien explains in his book "Open Secret - The History of Gay Hollywood", even if a celeb is 'known' to be gay, until they officially confirm it in public and say the words "I am gay", some people in the media will refuse to refer to the celebrity as gay.
Wikipedia is pretty strict about this - they rarely will list a celebrity as gay unless the person has explicitly said so.
- r54 Yes but they list Matt as gay. He has never said more on the subject than Jodie has.
- He appears to be the rare exception to the rule.
I don't think they list Ben Whisshaw as gay yet, do they?
- Oh well if David said that, we must obay his rules
- I'm proud of another famous gay man coming out of the closet, with less concern on how he goes about it.
- [quote]as David Ehrenstien explains in his book "Open Secret - The History of Gay Hollywood", even if a celeb is 'known' to be gay, until they officially confirm it in public and say the words "I am gay"
1) Urinestain's an idiot.
2) Acknowledging one's partner at an awards show is a perfectly acceptable way of coming out. Long before Bomer did it, that's how David Hyde Pierce announced what was already common knowledge to anyone with a brain.
- Oh lord, people are still fighting over this.
[quote] If Jodie came out then why since she thanked her ex has she STILL refused to talk about her sexual orientation, huh? That's still someone who is very much in the glass closet.
You can't fault someone because reporters don't ask. I work at a news station and our entertainment reporter went to the beaver junket back last year. Sometimes at these junkets, there are restrictions on what a reporter can and can't ask. I see them all the time in the prep work. Jodie used to have restrictions - don't ask about personal life in the 90s when Pat Kingsley was her publicist. She no longer does. My station's entertainment guy could've asked, but he didn't. And that was around the time that some article came out where Jodie mentioned that she was enjoying being SINGLE! No one followed up with question including the writer of the article. No, what kind of lady do you like, what are you looking for, is it hard meeting women because you're famous. Nothing.
Both Matt and Jodie seem to be people who generally stay away from the public unless it's work related, so I don't find it shocking that they're not calling a press conference about it. It seem to suit them and if you think that's being in the closet, fine, that's your problem.
- Yay Matt! I'm so happy for him!
- Bomer should have stayed in the closet.
I'm not out.
I'm gay for pay (but I always give the money back).
- LOL! Guess there's no such thing as quietly coming out, is there?
- After Elton still refuses to acknowledge that he's out. Perhaps he still isn't.
- Too bad the kids are ugly. If Simon met Matt earlier, their genes could've been saved.
- He didn't come out in that article
- WTF are you on about, r265?
- That's an adorable pic r224 - what do you gain from writing nasty, untrue shit about someone's children? Time to hold a mirror up to yourself and your actions.
- AfterElton is ridiculous. Absolute crap.
- Dammit!! HE'S A FUCKING PUSSYHOUND!!! HE CAN'T GET ENOUGH PUSSY!! HE EATS PUSSY, HE DRINKS PUSSY, HE WORSHIPS PUSSY!! HE'S STRAIGHT!, STRAIGHT!, STRAIGHT!, STRAIGHT!!!!! STRAIGHT!!!! Simon is his brother!! He has a WIFE!! He got those adorable kids by FUCKING HIS WIFE!! STOP SAYING HE'S GAY!! THAT IS SUCH A LIE!! The only reason he didn't mention her was to protect her privacy!!! He fucked EVERY actress in Hollywood, dammit! HE'S NOT GAY!!!
Mrs. Bomer's BFF
- Are you crazy, [R265]? These are about the cutest kids ever!
- He's come a long way since that day he was too scared to even acknowledge the kid when the camera was aimed at them.
- The only thing that's crazy are the gays who think Matt Bomer is one of them!!! LMFAO!!! And I don't mean the "Sexy And I Know It" music group! Bomer is an INSATIALABLE PUSSYHOUND!!! Sorry gay boys. You have a bad case of WISHFUL THINKING!
Mrs. Bomer's BFF
- R265, does criticizing children's looks make you feel like a big strong man?
- An ugly kid is an ugly kid...get over it. I'm not saying he's doomed to be fugly forever, but as it stands now, the Bomer-Halls offspring are varying degrees of tragic.
Don't pull this shit just because you all want to fuck daddy. I've seen worse written about Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's children on DL.
- Matt's wife's name is Dierdra!! Read it and weep. HE IS NOT GAY!!!! That's why he never said "my partner" or "my husband" BECAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE A FUCKING HUSBAND! He's TOTALLY 100% STRAIGHT AS AN ARROW!! You gay fanboys are PATHETIC!! Obviously you are not a friend of research!! You need to DEAL WITH FUCKING REALITY!! HE'S A PUSSYHOUND!!!!
Mrs. Bomer's BFF
- R269, I completely agree. AfterElton is a fucking joke.
Who knew gay men could be so boring? Then again, it is affiliated with LOGO-TV (more crap).
I don't think they ever write about gay men . . . they seem to write about anything but. And they have the most atrocious web design ever.
- R265/R275, you have issues. Those are cute kids.
And based on how their bio father looks in his late 40s, they have every likelihood of being handsome young men when they grow up, particularly since I assume he chose their mother pr mothers with her appearance at least as one of the criteria.
Which reminds me, does anyone know if the kids all have the same mother or egg donor?
- Those kids are beautiful.
- He is a PUSSYHOUND!!! HE'S NOT GAY!!!
- Yeah, the kids are beautiful. But the best thing about them? They treat Bomer like he's a toy.
- Well, R281, who among us wouldn't treat him as if he's a toy?
- One of the twin looks cute, but the oldest one isn't cute at all.
But Simon must have chosen their mothers by the look, then he'll possibly have a better look than his father. Still, the kid Kit doesn't look pretty to me.
- I think the kids are all cute, and I like the way you can see Simon in Kit. One of the attractions of having children with someone you love is seeing your partner in those children.
Only a nasty self-loathing hater would attack children like this.
- Yeah, you can see Simon in Kit, THAT's why Kit doesn't look cute at all. I think Simon's eyes are creepy which will appear on Kit, then people will see it. The truth hurts you, your kid looks like you and isn't cute at all.
- People should stop treating his speech like his "coming out" statement. He only used the very broad term "family" and then rattled off names. HE IS NOT GAY!!! HENEVER WAS AND NEVER WILL BE!! The gays should just accept REALITY. HE Is STRAIGHT!, STRAIGHT!, STRAIGHT! He has a WIFE and kids. Whoever "Simon" is, he could be a cousin or a brother. That's all. MATT IS ALL ABOUT PUSSY, JESUS, AND THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!!!
Mrs. Bomer's BFF
- Wikipedia can't make it about the person saying "I'm gay", that would be ridiculous. They would have to make it about several credible sources stating that the person is gay. If no one writes about Jody's sexuality, wikipedia can't either. If you have credible written sources (the way wiki defines them) saying she is, you should edit her entry. There obviously are credible sources for Bomer now.
- Simon's kids would've never been invited to the Neverland Ranch.
- Fuck AfterElton. Fuck it right up the ass.
I'm not giving them my pageviews any more.
The Voice of the Night
- Yes VoTN I agree.
As for the unhinged troll(s) commenting about a child's look - seek help. It will be worth it for yourself and society at large.
- R285 Post your pic so we can judge your looks please. It's only fair.
- High School Matt
- The kids are plenty cute. It's their haircuts which are ugly. Apparently downtown queens don't know how to cut children's hair.
- r292 He looked great then but is absolutely more handsome now.
- I don't get why Afterelton refuse to admit he has come out? What are they after? It's pretty much on every showbiz site and the entertainment section of all the major network and publication's sites.
- The high school pics are completely adorable. Age has been kind to him, though; he gets more and more handsome.
I saw yesterday that the story about his coming out had made it into the Equador Times, LOL.
- Haha I like the guy at the Huffington post, who said Bomer has that guilty queer gaze. HAHA! he def wont be watching!
- I don't know the guy. Did he really come out?
- Read the thread, R298. Geeze.
And the people suddenly saying Matt has some kind of "gay face" are saying this now they've been *told* he's gay because they have to make themselves feel superior and knowledgeable - no 'homo' could pull one over on them! They're retards. Ugh.
- Can't wait for Magic Mike to come out. He has a foursome scene with Alex Pettyfer( spelling?) And Elvis' granddaughter and some other girl. And he wears a thong and makes his ass clap!!!
- I started watching WC a year ago and didn't think there was anything queer about him and my gaydar is pretty good.
People are full of shit.
- That's because he eats pussy 10 times a day EVERY DAY!! He can't get enough pussy!!! HE NEVER THANKED SIMON! HE THANKED SIMONE, HIS WIFE!!! EVERYBODY JUST HEARD IT WRONG.
- I think he's hot. I've never watched White Collar, nor did I know who he was until this thread. I'm going to check out the show now.
Oh, and all three kids are adorable.
- How does one make their ass clap?
- Do you think it's possible the twins are his?
- r304 watch a bet uncut hip hop video, babe.
- No, the twins are biologically Simon's, R305. He made an announcement in Variety when they were born.
- [quote] HE NEVER THANKED SIMON! HE THANKED SIMONE, HIS WIFE!!!
Yes, he also thanked Simone's PUSSY. He must have thanked her hot, soaking wet, silky-soft PUSSY at least 10 times. He even joked that it wasn't a cat he was talking about by making a V with two fingers and holding it up to his mouth while darting his tongue in and out of it.
- He's out. Blah, blah, blah. Nobody cared. Still to be seen if there will be career fallout but in general this has been a yawn in most quartets.
And do it should be ...
- Apparently you don't really trawl the internet for Matt Bomer news, R309. Not that you should, but it was actually kind of a veritable shit storm. 3000+ comments on HuffPo alone, with liberal sprinkles of homophobic nastiness.
If anyone needs any proof exactly how brave Matt was in doing this, and how he has genuinely put his career in jeopardy, just google his name for articles printed on him in the last week, and read the comments associated with those articles. Otherwise, STFU.
I'm still optimistic the shit storm will pass, and he'll still be able to have a decent career on TV and in movies, but it's far from certain.
- Matt Bomer hasn't had pussy since pussy had him.
- Did he come out to promote White Collar? The show hasn't been popular anymore recently..
- Anne Rice has said again she really wants Matt to play Reuben in any film adaption of Wolf Gift.
You're braver then I am talking to these mentalists. Yes, all they have to do is google but why bother??
RE his career, which bit of SIMON HALLS partner do they not understand???
NPH would be NOWHERE without Halls.
This is so bizarre. I though DL'ers would be the smart ones in knowing how powerful Halls is in Hollywood...but it seems all the knowledgeable gays have left.
This guy took over from Pat frigging Kingsley who OWNED Hollywood PR in all the 90's.
He's no bit time publicist.
Halls, Huvane-Aniston's publicist-and Buam-Johnny Depp's publicist are all best friends who started their own pr company in the mid 90's. Now they have Slate PR.
You idiots who think Bomer is going to be out of a job are as thick as pig shit.
- Twitter feed is loca...
Even Nigerian news! And damn, I didn't realise how popular he was in South America. The women are SO upset!
As well as Indonesia...
- He is so bland and boring. Blech! He has crazy eyes stare as well. Yawn. So boring, no edge, just apple pie pretty!
- R316 let's see your pic or stfu
- Ooh has the gay cult finally find it's new temporary leader of Gayness? The just like us gay with kids and car pooling. Blech!
NPH is bland, apple pie boring looks....
Bomer does not LOOK like anyone I know! Or I've ever known! How eyes like that can seem boring? Well damn, you either live in Brazil or Sweden, where admittedly judging from the people who I meet from there...are all very naturally good looking with amazing bone structure...eyes..good skin etc..
Still that dark hair with his eyes that are so emotive....don't think I've ever seen that in a famous actor..
- [quote]He's out.
Tell that to AfterElton.
I know I need to let this go, but the way they have handled this (or more appropriately, haven't handled it) has really struck a nerve with me.
The Voice of the Night
- R314, you do realize that a publicist doesn't actually get actors work, right?
No it doesn't BUT look at Aniston and Huvane. You're a smart guy or gal...do you not see how blurred the lines are?
If your that stupid to think that all publicists are just publicists, then you know NOTHING about Hollywood or the industry.
Here's a game. Do you even think that Tom Cruises publicist Pat Kingsley did not TELL his agents what films she wanted him to have? OR put favors to some industry people to give Tom a role?
I'm not saying all publicists are this smart but Simon Hall, Stephen Huvane and Robin Baums....ARE.
This is why not ANYONE can be part of their rota.
- I agree r320
I loathe After Elton.
- I'm sure Simon can help him get work. The question is can he get him leading roles now that he's out?
- It's hypocritical how many gay people want gay celebrities to acknowledge their sexuality yet when they do gay people are no longer interested in them and don't want to support them. That's the biggest reason gay people don't come out more often or when they are younger because the support isn't there. If the support was there things among gay people physically, emotionally, and mentally would be so much better and how general society interacts with gay people would be better.
I hope gay people support Matt now that he's out but my expectations are low. Gay people always complain how the good-looking ones don't come out, well, you can't get better looking than Matt Bomer.
- Gay men are worse than the straight fan girls when it comes to their fantasies of what a man should be. I bet it's the same men who turn around and complain about the "fraus" clutching their pearls over gay actors.
- R325=stupid blowhard. We do support those who come out, unless we have reasons not to.
- [quote]Do you even think that Tom Cruises publicist Pat Kingsley did not TELL his agents what films she wanted him to have? OR put favors to some industry people to give Tom a role?
R322 it seems that you lack a basic grasp of what the duties of an agent, a publicist and a manager are.
A MANAGER is a strategist responsible for deciding what kinds of roles an actor should do. A manager would tell the agent what kinds of roles the actor wants and the publicist what kind of image the actor should project.
An AGENT is a salesman responsible for selling the actor to clients (casting directors, producers, studio and tv execs) and negotiating a favorable contract.
A PUBLICIST is a marketer responsible for getting the actor media coverage so the actor can gain exposure, the theory being that greater awareness of an actor the public has, the more appeal he or she will have to casting people.
A publicist would never try to manage an actor's career; that's the manager's job. The publicist works FOR the actor and his management.
- [quote]I'm sure Simon can help him get work. The question is can he get him leading roles now that he's out?
Simon can only help him so much. Remember, he's doesn't work in production. His strength is his connections. "Gay mafia" if you will. For example, Matt got two roles within weeks from Ryan Murphy, the producer of "Glee" and the director of "The Normal Heart". Murphy is the most powerful gay man in television production at the moment, and he is also Simon's client (although I'm not sure why a producer needs a publicist).
Will Matt get leading man roles? No, not from the major studios/networks, unless it's a gay role. I'm still surprised that he got "White Collar." Remember, Hollywood has known that he was gay ever since Warner Brothers refused to cast him in "Superman" even though he was director Brett Ratner's choice (that was big news at the time, because it made Ratner quit the project). Even if you look back at Matt's roles over the past decade, there aren't any leading roles aside from White Collar and Traveller. You can attribute that to his being a struggling actor waiting for his big break, but it's just as likely that no casting director was willing to take a chance on a gay actor.
- I can totally understand Matt's appeal to South America. They LOVE those blue eyes.
- I know publicists can't hire people like an agent, but someone like Simon can certainly work his connections, and he represents a lot of directors.
I think Matt getting White Collar shows that things are changing a little bit, and I can't help wondering if Matt, Simon, and the gay mafia aren't hoping that they can push some more change. Not in a major studio production, but maybe an indie.
The fact Matt would never play the bearding game and probably struggled for being in a glass closet is reason enough to support him, let alone supporting him now that he has come out.
- R331, what does Matt getting White Collar change? His boyfriend was a publicist for USA Networks and good friends with the casting director who pimped Matt. Isn't exploiting connections the name of the game in Hollywood?
- [quote]Will Matt get leading man roles? No, not from the major studios/networks, unless it's a gay role. I'm still surprised that he got "White Collar." Remember, Hollywood has known that he was gay ever since Warner Brothers refused to cast him in "Superman" even though he was director Brett Ratner's choice (that was big news at the time, because it made Ratner quit the project).
Matt Bomer would have made a much better Superman than that wolverine looking Henry Cavill. Good for Matt for not playing the Hollywood game and bearding up and pretending to be straight like Cavill has done.
Matt has my respect.
- LOL! I mean, LOL R333 ! You keep talking about Henry Cavill, not Matt Bomer. What an inferiority complex to Cavill. Ahahaha
- R334 = Cavill
- Bomer wasn't chosen for Superman because he is under 6′
- I remember first seeing Henry Cavill in The Count of Monte Cristo and thinking he was too much of a pretty-boy. He certainly has a different look, now.
As for Matt Bomer's potential as a leading man in movies, we'll have to wait and see. Since the success of "White Collar," his film roles have been limited to supporting turns. It would be nice if a studio had the guts to cast him as the lead in a rom-com or tearjerker.
- R335 LOL I think you are *seriously* ill if you really believe R334 is really Henry Cavill.
Wow, I mean, Matt Bomer fans are SO upset and lose their control everytime they see the letters "Henry Cavill". Like...a taboo word.
- [quote]Bomer wasn't chosen for Superman because he is under 6′
I'm not buying that excuse because on screen you wouldn't even be able to notice a difference considering he's 5'11 1/2".
He didn't get it because he didn't play the Hollywood bullshit and beard. If you think it was a coincidence that Cavill became "engaged" right after it was announced he was the new Superman, especially after the rumors about him, you're naive.
- [quote] as the lead in a rom-com
.....for a gay romcom, yes.
[quote] or tearjerker.
I think this is likely. "The Normal Heart" will be tearjerker, right? Bomer's role is going to die in AIDS...
5'11 1/2" Superman....
5'11 1/2" Superman....?
- I would much rather see Matt Bomer as Superman than Henry Cavill. Cavill is not the greatest actor.
As a straight chick I think some of you get too hung up on whether a gay/lesbian can play straight. It's ACTING. The whole thing is fantasy.
I'm a big Kate Walsh fan and think she has chemistry with just about every one of her male costars, regardless of her preferences in real life.
This post is kind of pointless, but I felt the need to point out that more and more people just don't care. Yeah, there are always going to be those crazy million moms (who are really about 20,000 strong) that will bitch on HuffPo message boards, but these are the same people who would like to take aways women's contraception, so take their opinion for what it's worth - nothing.
- You can see Matt Bomer as Superman in Japanese TV commercial. Dream on.
Yeah. You win. You can run along and go play with yourself now.
Tell me about it. The guy was fey! To be fair, he admitted being bullied and a fat boy at school. Funny because these assholes on DL call Bomer so gay when he not only played football but was popular.
What bit of your THICK brain do you get? You don't think I haven't worked with these groups before or unlike you know how to fucking read or read between the lines?
Your so mental you ignored the fucking fact that I told you that these three were DIFFERENT kinds of publicists when they broke into Hollywood. This is no severer. Your weird lazy ass can find this on google. This is why they merged with PMK.
And I also told you about Stephen Huvane and Aniston. You just go on google and so much crap comes out. He blurred the lines between what a publicist and manager does because they work in a partnership. This is nothing new. Pat kingsley did it but she also played agent.
I don't know why I am explaining myself to a moron who can't read someones answer nor go online to research.
- R344 sounds like a mental to me. So hysteric.. and sadly angry. It's not about R328 It's about your life R344
- [quote]I'm not buying that excuse because on screen you wouldn't even be able to notice a difference considering he's 5'11 1/2".
Oh God, not this again.
Bomer is nowhere near that height. Look at these pictures of him next to 6'5" Joe Manganiello. Joe could easily rest his chin on Matt's head.
Bomer may or may not have been willing to beard, but as a soap actor on "Guiding Light", he was not discrete about his sexuality. I first starting coming to DL in 2001-2002 and the posters on here were talking about him, even though he was an F-list soap star. Warner Bros wasn't going to take the risk of hiring him and having his ex-boyfriends come out of the woodwork after the movie was made - which is exactly what happened to Bomer when "White Collar" premiered, when the make out photos were leaked by, I'm assuming, his vengeful ex.
- Plenty of actors have been indiscrete and taken the risk that ex-boyfriends would gab about them. The difference is if you marry up and have powerful people protecting you, like Tammy, no one is going to believe them.
- Who among us hasn't, in the moment of passion, taken intimate photos with someone who we don't completely trust?
Dustin Lance Black, Academy Award winner
- Now that Matt's co-stars are talking about his coming out, will After Elton finally see the light?
- [quote] intimate photos with someone who we don't completely trust?
My, my, Dustin. I am surprised that an oscar-winning writer does not know that it should be 'intimate photos with someone WHOM we don't completely trust'.
- That's right R350. How standards have declined!
- Wow, really happy to hear Bomer is already out and about and talking about it. I was kind of expecting him to be hunkered down in Casa Halls waiting for the publicity to ebb.
- I haven't read about him talking about it yet, but that should happen soon.
- R353 read the link @ r349. He didn't "talk about it" talk about it, but he got his face out there and introduced a program about overcoming prejudice.
Since USA network sponsored it, I'm assuming Simon was involved too.
- Photo of MBoms on the Glee set!
- Boy does Matt make Darren look goofy.
- Who is the guy in the middle?
- His name's Tim Davis, no idea who he is.
- Apparently, he is some sort of giant.
- Man, Darren C. looks like an old shoe next to Bomer.
- If this was planned weeks in advance (and I believe it was planned) why did he bother removing his wedding ring while doing all the White Collar promos a month ago?
- Both Matt and Simon weren't wearing their rings at that time, R361. No idea why - maybe they were getting them cleaned or resized or something, but people who saw them together around that time said their relationship was as tight as ever. Could be that we'll never know why the ring is sometimes missing, but apparently it's no big deal.
- [quote]Man, Darren C. looks like an old shoe next to Bomer.
I've never thought Darren Criss was even remotely attractive, and have always been surprised that apparently many people do, but if you ever want to show up someone's looks as a bit homely, best way to do that is stick them next to Matt for comparison. I've seen even well accepted hotties struggle in that light.
- Why do people think this was planned? Matt Bomer was addressing a group of mostly gay men and somebody took video and posted it to YouTube. He probably thought he was in a "safe place." Besides, while Tim DeKay and Tiffani Amber Thiessen have come out in support of Matt, he's gone into hiding.
- [quote]Why do people think this was planned? Matt Bomer was addressing a group of mostly gay men and somebody took video and posted it to YouTube.
And the charity that was presenting him the award posted the link to the video on its Twitter.
God, are we still trying to parse this?
The Voice of the Night
- Calm down, VOTN. I didn't know that, but seeing your unhinged targeting of AfterElton has prompted me to accept your explanation as gospel! Aye yi yi.
- Sorry, I didn't mean to jump down your throat.
I've never even seen White Collar, although I think that Matt Bomer is unspeakably attractive. But for whatever reason, this bizarre obsession with trying to say that no, he's not actually out (e.g., AfterElton, but also posters here) has really bothered me.
Perhaps I need some kind of shock collar.
The Voice of the Night
- There were plenty of industry people at that awards show, not just gay men. As far as I know he hasn't accepted any other awards, so yes, this was the perfect opportunity to do something that is very natural, thank your family, and was a way for him to come out without the crappy "Yep I'm Gay" magazine cover, which is so not his style.
Peter Gallagher also got an award, I believe, at the same event, so getting the award was clearly the work of USA/Halls.
Those of us who have followed him since the start of White Collar can see that he has worked up to this moment, with the weird exception of the rings disappearing -- maybe it's because they wanted to avoid any questions so that Matt could come out in the way he wanted.
Personally I think it's very classy to have his co-stars be the ones to follow up and yes, for the idiots, confirm that he came out.
- [quote]Why do people think this was planned?
Anyone who's been watching Bomer's career and the gradual increase in visibility of his relationship over the past months knows this was planned. This was just another step after the increasing number of photos of them together, public appearances etc. etc. If you really want to know, read the previous Bomer threads.
[quote]Matt Bomer was addressing a group of mostly gay men and somebody took video and posted it to YouTube.
There were lots of industry types there as well; it was a very public event. The video was taken by the organisation itself and posted on Facebook. Bomer fans then took it and put it on Youtube (one of the ONTD fangirls, to be specific).
[quote]He probably thought he was in a "safe place." Besides, while Tim DeKay and Tiffani Amber Thiessen have come out in support of Matt, he's gone into hiding.
Matt and Simon are perfectly aware of the extent of interest of his fangirls. Everything he does ends up on the net. He knows there is no "safe place", and surely wasn't looking for one.
He hasn't "gone into hiding". He was at the same event Tim and Tiffani were at (see link), he was just a bit late because he'd been filming "Glee".
It would be so fucking nice if people could do some basic fact checking before mouthing off.
- Went back and read a lot of the news articles today, and I guess it's kind of a disappointing state of out society that so many quickly sensationalized it into an "I'm Gay" moment when he clearly went out of the way not to come out like that.
Best headline: Washington Post: "Matt Bomer thanks partner while accepting award, confirms speculation about private life."
Absolute worst: Daily Mail: "'The rumours are true... I'm gay': Hollywood star Matt Bomer comes out at awards ceremony"
- George Eads was at the event! He looks terrible! You can see him after Matt's interview around the 8 minute mark.
Make sure you ff to the end to hear Matt say, "I'm Matt Bomer and this is Real Gay TV!" It sure is Matt!
Oh please. Are we going to go through THIS again? How many time do people who have met him have to say his height? Plus have you seen how short Alexandre Skaarsgard looks next to Maganiello? And he's supposed to be 6 3....
Even Tim Dekay who is 6 3, looked short. Get a grip and stop being a bitch.
- And what about this pic? I don't think David Burtka is so short? But he's definitely shorter than Matt.
- For the 5001st time, don't post s3.amazonaws.com links.
They rarely work, and even when they do, they expire after a short amount of time and stop working.
It's less than pointless to post a s3.amazonaws.com link. It wastes everyone's time.
Just. Stop. It.
How many times do we have to mention this?
- Sorry. Heard this for the first time btw.
- Is Bomer really out? Has After Elton cleared him for outing?
- I don't know, r376. I haven't seen any mention of it since.
- You queens are as bad as the dude on his TV show always threatening to send him back to prison.
- There's a tiny blurb in this week's EW.
- The local Long Island newspaper ran a blurb about his coming out last Monday on their entertainment page. And they're not known for their 'edgy' gossip. In fact, for a few years, it was mostly just Michael Lohan's comments on Lindsay's latest fuck-up. I swear, they had a dedicated LL reporter for awhile. Gotta love that hometown pride.
Anyway, given that the only people I know who still read this paper are women in their 50s-60s, I'd say that the news has penetrated the frau demographic.
- The hell with taking off his shirt.
Did anyone see Matt on White Collar taking off his shoes?
- RE: the rings.
Are he and Simon actually married?
The Voice of the Night
- Yes, you see his feets in the last episode of the first season. It is available on Netflix. I watched it last night (I am the poster from the other thread about giving White Collar another chance.)
- [R.383] Does he take his shoes off? Is he in socks or barefoot?
- Nobody knows if they're legally married.
Personally I kind of doubt it, he started wearing the ring in the spring of 2010, so they couldn't have gotten married in California. Someone on one of the Bomer threads said that back in 2009 that Simon was really working on trying to get Prop 8 overturned, and of course Matt has been in the Prop. 8 play.
In California you can have marriage records sealed, don't know if that is the case in other states--but now that he's out it wouldn't matter if news got out that they were officially married. Maybe they are thinking of getting married in NY and that is another reason for coming out now??????? Or they may be waiting to get married in California since that is where they live, and getting married elsewhere wouldn't make the marriage recognized in California at this time???? All of this is pure speculation on my part.
- Not R383, but - bare feet, R384. He's been sure to have a nice pedicure pre-filming.
- I was curious, so I was trying to see how hard it would be to do a vital records search in the four states and DC were they could have gotten married in 2010.
Turns out, it's a lot harder than I thought.
I'm not even sure I could track down my own marriage license. Well, online, anyway.
The Voice of the Night
- Yes Matt is really out. Jeez!
- You wouldn't think they'd make it so hard to look up who is married.
For those of you trying to get a glimpse of Matt's feet, there are pictures of him on the set of Magic Mike with no shoes on.
- I took a look at EW and saw the tiny blurb, which said he "quietly came out". Not so sure you can call it that when everyone had screaming headlines.
- OMG the first White Collar episode (post coming out) opens with Peter asking Neal what his marital status is and if he has a girlfriend!
- Oh please, that is really being nitpicky.
I actually thought tonight's episode was better than the last few have been. It was a return to the old formula, with Neal possibly being bad, and more of that old bromance chemistry between Matt and Dekay--with DeKay throwing out a line about how if something hadn't happened they'd never have met.
- Okmag edited their article about the GQ shot, no mentions of Simon anymore.
- Why, did they just break up?
- A Jodie and Cydney thing, as soon as she came out and thanked her they broke up.
Maybe when a closeted actor comes out there is a shift in things, a sorta new sense of freedom and shit.
- Simon's name is still there for me, R393. Strange.
- If an actor does not scream "I AM GAY!" on national television, he is not out of the closet.
- R393 That article is from feb 9th, dear. Here´s the right one :)
- r398 the article another poster referenced above which was from 9th Feb DID originally mention his partner and kids. The only way they would have edited out this after publication is if they were requested to do so by the PR.
Matt's PR is Simon Halls.
- Matt's PR is not Simon or Slate. His publicist is Jennifer Allen at Viewpoint.
- OK r400 I type corrected but Matt's PR is likely the one who asked for the article to be amended. Which makes me not so sure this was the cleverly orchestrated stealth "coming out" people seem to think it is.
Sorry VoTN I don't want to give you a stroke here!
- I know Matt has another PR agent, but you can't tell me Simon wouldn't have been involved in planning every aspect of Matt's coming out.
- Here's the line OK edited out of their online article (was there a print version?)
"The actor shares three kids with his partner, Simon Halls."
- Undoubtedly he's involved. Jennifer Allen was his co-CEO at PMK/HBH so I'm sure they're still friends and consult each other re: Matt.
- I don't understand how that line is not appearing for many of you when it is there for me, on two different browsers.
- I think Simon is much more an influence in Matt's career than normal, he has a personal investment in Matt.
- Perhaps Matt did this on his own and now his PR is cleaning things up? I'm not sure what to think as Tim Dekay and Tiffany Thiessen his co-stars on White Collar have back Matt on his coming out.
- Actually r404 Cindi Berger was Simon's co-CEO at PMK, nut Jennifer Allen was also a senior publicist there. So undoubtably she was close to Halls.
- [r408] You're right. But yeah, point still stands.
The line in OK! has disappeared for me too.
- Wow, that's strange. Maybe Okay! took it out themselves as they were jumping the gun on Matt coming out, and thought it would be inconsistent with their other story on that???
- Bit late to put the genie back in the bottle, no?
The Voice of the Night
- Yeah, I think Matt is out, I don't know why someone here keeps trying to shove him back in. And in case I wasn't clear, I was trying to say maybe OK! edited out the reference to Simon and the kids in an article that is dated Feb. 9 because it then looks stupid to run an article a few days later saying he came out of the closet.
I don't there is some conspiracy or request from anyone in Matt's camp.
- OK printed the line without permission, they removed it by request, and Matt came out by coincidence the same weekend.
- Isn't Jennifer Allen Wentworth Miller's publicist, too?
- A while ago somenody on here said that Simon's goal was to make Matt into the first openly gay leading man, which I thought was silly at the time but in light of recent events I think that it's entirely possible. Halls has certainly had to sacrifice a lot to get Matt to where he is now: he couldn't appear in public with him, he has to make do with weekend visits only while Matt is shooting in New York for six months of the year, which has to be tough on the kids. And you know there must have been a lot of industry snickring/cattiness going on behind his back. So what was the point IF NOT to arrive at this point where Matt is both openly gay AND a rising star?
- White Collar ratings down :( (see comments)
- Perhaps OK took out the line because it is homophobic. What straight couples are described as "sharing" kids? Couples have kids, raise kids, care for kids. Nobody says they "share" kids.
- Uh, yes they do, R417.
- Yikes [R416]. I know the ratings have been down in general this season for White Collar, and for most of the shows competing against it at 10:00 p.m. Sounds like some people are bored, and some would watch if it wasn't up against other things they like better. I think it's a bad idea to have these 6 week mid-winter seasons, and 10:00 pm is not a good time slot for it.
One thing to keep in mind is that the show also gets shown in a lot of overseas markets, and there's no way to know how it is still doing in those markets.
I just hope Matt doesn't take the blame for it, although all of the comments center on bad writing and actors they don't like.
- Ratings are down because the writing is terrible, not because of him coming out. Even in comment sections about ratings being down people continue to say that they love Matt but the writing is horrible.
I never did like the show when I first saw it a long time ago, so I can only imagine how bad it is now.
- It's very uneven, which doesn't help. This week's episode was a lot better, more like the first season, with more emphasis on the bromance, but yeah, it's been dropping week by week, and not having a show on last week probably hurt too.
- After Bomer came out I decided to watch some Season 1 episodes and I also watched the new episodes On Demand.
Unless Season 2 was fucking fantastic, it seems like the quality is about the same, which is not a complement. It's very shallow. It has the look and rhythm of a luxury car commercial. The episodes all feel the same. I just finished watching Tuesday's episode ten minutes ago and I barely remembered what happened.
For a drama to hook you, to keep you coming back, the characters need to develop as people, in every episode. White Collar is so loaded with exposition that it doesn't have time (or motivation?) to make the characters rounded. (I would be genuinely curious if somebody was willing to actually measure what percentage of the dialogue was spent explaining each episode's plot.) Bomer and company give it their all, but at the end of the day there's very little there there.
- Matt wasn't in to come out. He shifted from not talking about his private life to talking about his private life.
The days of appearing on the cover on People, screaming I'M GAY! is over.
- First Look at “Brothers” Matt Bomer and Darren Criss.
- [quote]The days of appearing on the cover on People, screaming I'M GAY! is over.
- Simon at the Moth event:
- totally agree about the unevenness of the show. The Baseball episode was one of the best this season.
It would be nice if Matt sings on Glee.
- Poor Simon. Are we sure he's only 47?
It must be true love. There are plenty of better looking gay men in Hollywood that Matt could have fucked if he was just interested in advancing his career.
- No we're sure he's 48
- Check this video. Simon looks cute here, I think he´s just not photogenic. Well, he looks cute to me al least :D And yes, he´s 48 born on feb 12, 1964.
- He's spry for his age, I'll give him that.
He's a nice looking guy.
But he does look 50.
I guess if that's what Bomer wants, it's all that matters, right?
- Dear Ted:
Since the media outlets did a total "run tell that" over sweet and lovely Matt Bomer thanking his "family" at a recent ceremony is it safe to ask a few questions about the low-key dude? My main question: What is the story behind the ring? Is he married? Committed? Engaged? What?! I just love him and the thought of him in love and happy makes me smile! Add those adorable little boys to the mix and I'm just speechless.
Dear Love is in the Air:
Swoon. It makes me happy too. Plus, it just makes me happy ogling those gorgeous blue eyes of his. But he is very much taken—the DILFy twosome is seriously committed. Definitely one of the more normal couples in this town.
- R427 Matt will sing on Glee, but unfortunately it will be a duet with Darren Criss.
- Sorry, made a mistake. Simon was born on jan 12, not feb
- [R430] I agree, don't look at pics, just look at vids of him! Amd looking at vids (not only this, but there are a few), I can totally see anyone falling in love with him. He's so animated and expressive and looks like a lot of fun. And he has a beautiful smile.
- Simon looks like Gollum from LOTR.
- Gosh someone comes out and you fagelita's want them to sing on Glee, fucking how gay does this dude have 2 be. Yep singing gay on Glee really will propel his waning career!
- Your homophobic ass should go to another board R437.
But btw, he booked Glee before he ever came out. Your comment is completely idiotic. And his career is currently as good as it has ever been, not sure how it is waning.
- Yawn! Look at me,see str8's I'm just like you, I have a kid, and a partner, and live a beige life. I'm so normal like you... Yawwwnn!
- Thanks [R430] for posting that video. I think Simon is very charming and attractive in it.
- Yes Simon is charming and attractive !!! No botox for him!!!
- Tee hee hee hee...Matt Bomer plays a character named "Cooper Anderson" during his "Glee" run. It's a good thing he came out or it would've been beyond shitty for him to insinuate anything about another closet case.
- Watching more "White Collar" on Netflix. Sorry, I'm gonna have to call it a day. I just don't like the show. Matt is nice to look at, but I don't understand what the hell is going on. It's only tolerable when the characters are talking about something other than the plot-of-the-week.
It also dawned on me that Tim kind of looks like Simon - about a decade older, a couple of inches taller, even similar hairstyles. I wonder if that dawned on them during the casting process.
- That's an interesting observation, R443, but Tim DeKay doesn't look a decade older than Simon. He's hotter and only older by 16 months exactly.
- I meant a decade older than Matt, r444.
- Matt went to the IFC Awards & raided the gifting suite!
Ring finger is also back in his pocket, I wonder if he does it out of habit.
- Top or bottom?
- I think a lot of people don't know what to do with their hands when posing so put one in a pocket; if you're right-handed you're going to put the left on in the pocket. The ring is pretty prominent in the photo in which he's holding up a shoe.
- R447, I won't discuss personal matters like that, but I will say that's the photo I use for my iPhone wallpaper.
- Was Matt flying solo at the Independent Spirit Awards?
- [R446] I think that's a quite common red carpet pose.
- R450 Simon was probably working that event. I hope he and Matt can do the carpet together sometime.
- So true R443 I can totally see why Matt and Tim DeKay have this "bromance".
Tim is a lot hotter than Simon though.
- I really don't expect to see Simon on the red carpet given his belief that people behind the scenes shouldn't be more famous than their clients.
- Creating a Bomer message board ....where us bomer lovers can discuss all things bomer..will post the link as soon as im done ...
- Oh the by the way ...Simon halls is a very good looking person anybody who has seen him in person or seen him in videos will know that they are a beautiful couple..he sadly isnt photogenic...and pictures Age him alot
- The pictures don't age him a lot. He looks 48, he is 48.
That's not being snarky, it is what it is. Like I said, if that's what Bomer wants, then more power to him.
- R456 Ah so true..
Actually I have more hots for Simon than Matt.
The two of them are so good for one another.
- Dekay is fugly. He looks like your cookie cutter 'good guy' teacher next door. Sooo unattractive! And for those who were saying that Bomer's life is dull cause he has kids-weird-erm, Dekay is the epitome of the dull man with wife and kids everything is right or wrong. (But he is an AMAZING actor..v v good, known about him for years)
Zzz....give me James Franco any day. Or a Sean Connery. Or a Liam Neeson.
Anyhow, I hope Bomer stays with WC only until S4 as it's soo cheesy and crap. It's like we GET the bromance but why make Neil a pussy? He like has no spine and tails behind an FBI agent schooled from a normal life.
And they are shocked people are tuning out? These people don't realise that many fans like me in the coveted demo actually like/prefer the action and having Neil/Peter at odds with each other but we don't twitter Eastin like the fan gurls or middle aged women. Oh well.
I wonder if they realise that WC is actually watched by more men then women? But I'll be honest this was just from IMDB and people voting. Either way I see it on twitter. I just hope these guys tweet as Eastin is a monster who thinks everyone loves the show direction.
So much premise. Could be amazing.
- R459 you need a chill pill
Heh, that's what we used to say to each other as kids. 'Take a chill pill' Love it!
In other news, how AMAZING did Matt look at the Indie awards??? God he looks soo much better natural. I wish they'd stop putting make up on him on the red carp...
- I agree, he looked great at the Indie awards.
He's perfect not in a boring way but 'who he is way' and I can't wait until he finally breaks out but I have a feeling that he HATES the whole publicity thing..
- I'm not so sure he hates the whole publicity thing. I think he genuinely doesn't like talking about his personal life, but he looked excited at the On Time premiere, and he always looks like he's having a good time on the red carpet.
- I agree, [R464].
- Well, it's all about MB and we have forgotten who his partner is...
Maybe his partner HATES publicity...as a publicist?
- Matt likes publicity like a crack addict likes crack...quit fucking projecting. At the end of the day he's as starved for attention as the rest of 'em.
- In other enws white collar finale is tonight...make sure you tune in a support our boy..even if you wont watch but it on mute
- I always have to get my White Collar fix, even when it's not so good.
- Matt bomer and ZACARY quinto or giggly and secretive whispering in each others ears..i can now totally picture then having sex...and mad will it be hott
- Love it, thanks [R470].
Dying to know what he said that made Matt laugh and smile like that.
- I think Matt is so well-mannered here but a bit cheeky. I like that about him. Thanks r470
Have to say I am sad White Collar is not a better show. I love the cast. Except for that art insurer love interest. There needs to be much better writing. When you have good chemistry with a cast they should be served better.
- Send the writer @jeffeastin your complaints about the show..he keeps trying to make sarah ..hilarie burtan ...matt bomer romance happen..but she is just unpopular with everyone and doesnt have a likable personality..
they need to find him a better love interest
- Oh and by the way white collar is on int 10minutes so tune in
- I don't think she's a terrible actress I just don't feel she fits. The ensemble is best served when it focuses on them with an intriguing villain. I don't tweet showrunners but if you do, please feel free to use my comments.
- Sites like AmericaBlog, TowleRoad. BlogActive, PerezHilton, and Defamer have become must-reads from Washington. D.C., to Hollywood, where secrets--especially gay-related ones--are getting harder and harder to keep.
"They give us the opportunity to access breaking news and are very efficient for us," says celebrity publicist Simon Halls, who helped Harris craft his coming-out statement. "TowleRoad has a lot of helpful information on a societal level. I think that's the new wave of journalism.
- Interesting about the gay blogs being widely read in DC.
I thought White Collar was decent last night, and I though Matt was really good in the last scene, I really felt his pain.
- I don't care for his love interest either, but I'm afraid that even a good love interest wouldn't make White Collar appealing enough for me to watch. The concept isn't just very well executed. It should have been more like "Prison Break".
Bomer also needs to take off his clothes more often.
- OMG the finale of while collar was freaking amazing !!!!!!!! my faith is restored..only problem is can Jeff eastin top it?? cos anything less that spectacular from this point will be the end of this show..anybody have any idea what rating were for last night episode ?? i hope they improved
anyway here a video of Matt at a Pre oscar part..looking amazing and so respectful and loving to his fans
- Anyone have any idea who the man with him is?
- Eh, it looked like he was gad to be free of it all.
It didn't seem like he was conflicted or even heart-broken.
Just sitting there waiting for the next phase of his life to begin.
Maybe a better actor would have sold the conflict and sadness and despair he would have been feeling.
- Totally disagree [R482]. I thought he looked like "what in the hell have I done now" and upset that he'd given in to his impulses. I genuinely felt bad for him.
- I'm not really a fan of the show, but I actually enjoyed last night's episode more than the typical White Collar episode, because last night's show was about the characters dealing with their own problems instead of the art-thief-of-the-week and the Rube Goldberg plots. If the show was more about developing the characters, I think I would enjoy it.
- Shit Just got serious....i didnt notice it before but in the second video in the link below....Matt is publicly and affectionally hugging his husband infront of his fans
- I really don't think that's Simon, R485, though I wish it were :).
- it looks like simon to me...i mean that hug was very passionate and i could hear the fans say awwww like they knew it was his partner
- That's definitely not Simon :)But you can see him in the first video when they are getting into the car.
- it's not simon it's a bodyguard ...
- "Poor Simon. Are we sure he's only 47?It must be true love"
You're kidding, right? He was one of the big power players in Hollywood hon, and even now he presumably still is. It was a smart business move.
And, NO, Simon isn't the least bit attractive. But he has connections and is a mover and shaker and that's what Bomer wanted.
- "The days of appearing on the cover on People, screaming I'M GAY! is over."
That's a ludicrous assertion. In this homophobic society where few stars have the courage to come out, it's still a very big deal.
So, given the amending of the OK article, is he really out or not? It is a little late at this point to try to "fix" it, but I wouldn't be surprised at anything a Hollywood actor might do in that regard (looking at you Colton Haynes).
- "Personally I kind of doubt it, he started wearing the ring in the spring of 2010"
It's called "pandering to heterosexual presumption". It's the same reason he always talked about his children but never his partner.
I wonder if any of that will change.
- 369...you think that because "industry types" were there that his coming out was intentional? You;re kidding, right? Simon is out and he is an industry type. Industry types know who the closet cases are...they just don't want the public to know.
Given the amending of the OK article, this was clearly an accident. Has he even said anything since this happened? Or are they just hoping it will die down and disappear (which will never happen of course).
As for this comment..."Both Matt and Simon weren't wearing their rings at that time, [R361]. No idea why - maybe they were getting them cleaned or resized or something"...you're either kidding or you're incredibly simple.
- Keep in mind that, at this event, he never said he was thanking his partner/husband. He said he was sending special thanks to his family, then listed their names: Simon, Kit, Walker, Henry. That's not actually "coming out." He probably thought that, given that it was an industry event, he could slip his partner's name in without it being noted. Because media usually plays along with such things.
Until Bomer actually discusses this, I'm not counting him as being open and affirming. It's more along the lines of accidentally outing himself by not realizing that if he said Simon's name in that context, the media would interpret it as his coming out.
- For Pete's sake, it wasn't an industry event! It was an AIDS charity function based in an overwhelmingly gay community 100 miles from Los Angeles. He might as well have been in Provincetown or Key West.
R490 While I don't doubt that Matt's attraction to Simon might have initially been... strategic, I also don't think that, if he was purely ambitious, he would have pursued a publicist. There are plenty of gay agents, studio executives, producers, casting directors and filmmakers who he could have bedded (and he could have had his pick of any of them - maybe not Singer, but everyone else) who would have been able to help him with his career more than Simon could.
- Man, this is so pitiful....and pathetic
- Trolldar the hater posting from R490 to R494.
Dear Hater: Your oh-so-wise cynicism is incredibly old and fucking boring. You like to think you're so smart, but you're not. Seriously, eat shit and die. It'll do us all a favor.
And exactly, R495. Bomer could have had anyone if he wanted someone powerful to advance his career, and he definitely could have picked other than a much older guy with three kids already.
He's with Simon because he loves him - he's on record about liking the confidence etc. that that kind of person exudes. It's sad that some people on this thread can't imagine a world in which everyone doesn't think EXACTLY THE WAY THEY DO. God forbid a hot guy goes for qualities other than looks in a partner.
Oh yeah cause Singer is so top shelf with his prostitute boyfriends and porn stars?? LOL!
Singer isn't that powerful and the problem with going with a director is that he can only put you in his stuff. That's all. So unless you want to be Milla Jovovich, it's pretty limited.
I don't think Bomer gives sh*t what you think and thank god to! Any actor/actress who starts to pander to bunch of people who not only don't like him but don't even invest in his career is a mental looser. There is one thing listening to fans who buy your shows, follow your career and come to get your signature at shows and another to listen to strangers who spend day and night insulting when they refuse to know anything about you.
Anyhow WTH are we rehashing this is he or isn't he in malarky? You do realise who Simon Halls is? Control freak Simon Halls? Simon Halls who was pissed it wasn't done on HIS terms, not that OK outed him doufus's. The whole thing was so strategic that I have to give that man props for doing it his way. Like his colleagues, the notorious Stephen Huvane with Aniston and Robin Baum with Johnny Depp, these guys control the media and can not stand if they are not the one's whose done the deal.
Furthermore, anyone with half a brain cell following the unfolding of the events, know that everything from People to USA Today, took AGES to say anything. And like they were given the all clear, all of them started coming out with the most generic press release ever. Lol.
Like someone mentioned on IMDB, why did NO papers report that Halls is also publicist for USA network? Because it would've looked bad. So they threw in Ryan M and NPH.
Anyway, this is tedious to have a convo about this with people who don't understand PR.
Looks like the power gays-4 of the most powerful handlers-in Hollywood are executive delivering the GLAAD awards (taking place across the country) this year....
Thor Bradwell, George Cheeks, Simon Halls and Steve Warren"
Thor = big time Agent with WME
Cheeks= Vice Pres at Viacom (mtv networks etc)
Halls= We know him!
Warren= big time lawyer from Leonardo Di Caprio to Reese Witherspoon
Heh, I bet these guys slap each other on the back about how powerful they are...
Also, Simon Halls is hilarious. I know he the publicist for McDonalds when they launched in Russia but I didn't realise he was also responsible for communicating the McD's backlash back in the day! Sheez, the man is made of iron.
"A spokesman for McDonalds of Canada was quick to explain Giuliano had never been an employee of that company. "He was hired by Vickers and Benson," said Simon Halls, communications supervisor. "But Mr. Giuliano has spoken in the past about other issues in Toronto and we believe everyone has a right to his own opinion and to make his own choices. We are happy he is addressing the vegetarian issue, in fact.
"We welcome vegetarian customers and we can certainly help them. We are constantly broadening our menu to include salads, fish, chicken and vegetables," said Halls."
- Season finale rates .7 in 18-49, matching season lows :(
- I think it's too early to panic about the ratings. Hopefully it'll do better when it's summer, and hopefully it will be once again paired with Covert Affairs (which does pretty well in the ratings), and gets moved to 9 pm, which I think is a better slot for the show.
- I never watched it but I did think about tunning in.
- The West Coast production of the Proposition 8 play is going to be live-streaming!
- "So, given the amending of the OK article, is he really out or not?"
"Given the amending of the OK article, this was clearly an accident. Has he even said anything since this happened? Or are they just hoping it will die down and disappear (which will never happen of course)."
Later in the day, "White Collar" star Matt Bomer, who just recently revealed he was gay (although most of us in Hollywood already knew this), declined an interview explaining he just came out of the closet. I'm sure if and when he is ready to talk to the press, he will. Kudos to him for bravely putting it out there.
- Do you think Matt and Simon will last in the long run? I just get the feeling that when a 34 year old man who has spent years with a man 13 years older than himself that there's going to come a day where he suddenly has a mid-life crisis and decides he wants someone younger.
More power to Matt though - it must be true love because I know I couldn't do it.
- There are plenty of couples with a big age difference that have made it for the long haul.
My guess is that they'll make it, or at least last until the kids are grown. And if he does have that crisis, they might still make it if they have an open relationship.
- Even if he does fool around, he'll never leave me because of the kids. And if he does, I'll destroy his career.
Trust me, I've thought this all out.
- From OK Magazine:
"White Collar star Matt Bomer scooped up a pair of purple and orange New Balance 1400 running shoes backstage at the Independent Spirit Awards in Santa Monica. Matt described how he doesn't work out a lot since most of the time he and his partner, publicist Simon Halls are running after their 3 kids."
- So they gave OK a quote in return for taking out the pre-announcement mention of Simon and the kids.
- What Matt said: "I get most of my exercise running after our three boys!"
What OK Magazine heard: "I get most of my exercise chasing after the three children that I and my same-sex life partner, publicist Simon Halls, who is a gay man, as am I, are raising together. Gay gay gay gay gay gay gay."
- R509 ROFL
What DL heard: "I get most of my exercise power bottoming for my older partner, Simon Halls."
- LOLLl [R509] and [R511].
- White collar and royal pain's got USA network the most watched cable network of February
and the two shows white collar and royal pains are the msut watched scripted tv shows on cable too
White collar isnt getting canceled anytime soon..because its helping the network so much ...even if rating were too remain in the 2.5mill range ..
the only danger to the show is if matt bomer decided to leave ..and since his blowing up i guess we will have to wait and see ..but i think he likes the steady pay check so white collar will be around for at least another two seasons
- A little clip of Matt and his boys from yesterday.
- Really beautiful family. Can't imagine how hard it must have been for him to pretend they didn't exist.
He doesn't look too pleased to have been ambushed by the paps, but I can't imagine why he took them to the Grove, that place is crawling with them. I would have driven out to Burbank or something.
- When you have three young kids, you're not going to want to take a longer drive than you have to. I think he probably wouldn't have minded the paps if they weren't right up in his face and asking questions.
- [R514] Aww, so cute!
And I'm really exciting for 8 tonight!
- Matt recalling his soap opera days. Plus, Simon and the kids mentioned :)
- Damn, that interview confirmed a lot of the things the DL armchair psychologists have been saying about him (conservative household, Friday Night Lights...)
- I have officially lost my Bomer Boner over his dance skills, and boring bland personality!
- R514 OK, that clip right there confirms that he has come out. The pap says "Congratulations on coming out" and Matt says, "Thanks man". So all you naysayers who say he hasn't come out can fuck off. Focus your bitching on that closet case pussy Anderson.
- wow he has actually come out..so it was planned afterall ....i think he should have waited a little longer though
- How will that bastion of journalistic integrity After Elton handle this new revelation?
- after elton was busy ass kissing matt bomer on twitter
You forgot the playing football and being so short he's a midget. Hmm, but somehow I'm sure they will think of something new to insult the guy....see r520
Geez, talk about picking at straws!!
r520 yes one video and your opinion is sound. WTF? Weird.
- [quote]wow he has actually come out..so it was planned afterall ....i think he should have waited a little longer though
Yeah, I mean how dare he! Coming out whilst still functioning. But don't worry, we'll always have Jake, George, Orlando and Leo to come out when they are 80+.
- See, now he's walking the carpet with the left hand out of the pocket. Progress!
Kind of odd that a marriage rights play was sponsored by Bryan Singer, gay Hollywood's most committed bachelor/slut.
What is with the boring obsession about where he puts his hand? Sheez, he's been doing that pose since 2006.
And where is that asshole who was always bitching about Bomer never having touched a football in his life? It was rather insane despite the evidence giving to him...just like the one about Bomer being a just a bottom despite evidence giving against?
Is there any other actor that DL'ers hate that much that despite evidence given to them, they still insist sh*t about the person?
I've never seen anything like it. Even on threads with people who are actually known to be assholes in the industry like NPH or Quinto.
- Matt Bomer looks the best I have seen him in that redcarpet pic r527.
He handled the paps will real grace not sure I would have, especially if my kids (imaginary in my case) were with me.
- Matt looks frazzled wrangling three kids alone here! Why he ever pictured anywhere with them and that husband of his?
- Bomer is a fantastic bottom, but it's YOUR problem.
- ^^^Never pictured anywhere
- Something tells me that Matt is in it from the long run. He comes from Texas ans seems to be a traditional guy. He will be in his sons' lives forever.
You have the same tone with "matt has a secret wife" sad woman troll. Bringing up loads of nonsenses next to something you want to oppose to...with non-exsisted "evidence
giving against". Then the reply was always, like, "yes, there are evidences! Just google it, I can't post but you can find plenty of them!"
- Publicists work a lot of hours r533.
That's why I think Bomer and Halls were together at least since before the twins, despite what the W magazine article wrote. Why would a very busy single man - who in addition to working 9 to 5 also has to work events in the evenings and on weekends - decide to start raising young children by himself? There had to be a partner in the picture.
- Matt Bomer is so hot in that pic with his kids my ovaries are bursting.
I don't understand why people constantly nitpick him, he seems so fucking nice. He was even nice to those paps when they were being really obnoxious around his kids.
You're not making any sense? What evidence? For what? Huh? I've not posted anything that needs evidence.....
So you think Halls was lying? I guess you know him better...
I know plenty of women and gay men who have kids without a partner in the picture. In fact I thought you read the article? The whole point was....single gay men becoming fathers...DOH!
r531 Have you fucked him? Details please! Lucky you!
He's very polite and respectful. Something I swear by. I thought he was hot but only took an interest in him because he comes across so intelligent and very funny in interviews, as well as a nice guy. Which is so rare in Hollyweird.
- Also, is Matt Bomer getting better looking? Sh*t! Both on the 8 red carpet and at the Spirit awards. And he looked so hot with those kids.
I'm glad he is finally telling them to back off with the make up they give him. He looks better natural.
And that Getty interview where he answers the question the interviewer asked about his coming out, he was very blaze which I love. His actions speak louder then words by his charity work for lgbt people.
- Interview from yesterday at 8 The Play. With watermark but sill worth watchin.
- I wonder if Matt wants one of his biological own.
- I thought Matt looked stunning in the reading last night, about the best I've ever seen him look.
I honestly think people who come out of the closet get even hotter; I think they gain confidence from finally being completely free.
- Also meant to say that the pictures of Matt with his kids was from Friday, so of course SImon would have been at work; Matt probably wanted to go a on a weekday when it wasn't as crowded, and if you're as busy as Simon is, you probably don't want to spend your time with your kids at a movie where you can't interact. i
- I thought his hair was too mussy last night.
- I love his hair when it looks a bit messy, prefer it to the sculpted look he has in White Collar.
- [quote]I wonder if Matt wants one of his biological own.
I wonder the same thing.
- Matt bomer talking about gay marriage ..coming out ..etc ..he said his family is helping him get it through it all and that he just thanked them like anybody would
- matt needs to have biological kids too of his own..or at least donate his sperm to a sperm bank cos thos genes are just too beautiful not to be passed down
- They need to have a baby girl with Matt's sperm :)
But sadly, at least as long as Matt's going to be away half the year filming WC, I can't see this happen.
- God they look beautiful together. Is it wrong that I'm kinda hoping they fooled around?
- 549...yes, hon. Very wrong.
- R515...yes, very hard. All the way to the bank.
People who keep their lovers in the shadows aren't exactly brimming with familial pride and love.
- So, is AfterElton still refusing to call him gay?
The Voice of the Night
- The fan girl'dom in this thread is sick! I like his hair messy- No I DO! pillow fight, fall to ground laughing. Blech
- 546...did she actually ask him about "coming out"? Her audio is so faint, I couldn't hear it.
It'll be interesting to see if he really addresses this in a real way. He still seems to be hedging around it. I still believe that the 'coming out' was an unanticipated accident; that they didn't anticipate his naming off names would lead the media to identify Simon as his partner. We shall see how he handles this, I guess.
It seems doubtful that he and Simon will be together forever. Simon was with another man when he adopted those kids...wasn't it an actor?...and those kids were supposed to be part of that family too. But once the guy was out of the picture, the kids became Simon's alone. Bomer's relationship with Hall benefits his career tremendously. Let's face it. Most relationships in Hollywood are business related. It's true of the straight couples, and it's undoubtedly true of the gay couples too. These are very ambitious people who want wealth and fame, and they seem to couple up in ways that promotes that ultimate end. Bomer will move on at some point.
She asked "Recently you came out what has this experience been like for you ? Why the decision and how has the journey been like for you ?"
- 555...thanks! I'm glad she asked him that and that he didn't flinch. It is a little odd how he minimizes it, particularly given the fact that he must understand it's significance. I am really glad that he's acknowledged it, that's very cool.
I hope "White Collar" continues to do well. It's a good show, though it's becoming a bit monotonous. They've got to shake it up a bit. But I hope it continues to be a hit, and I hope that folks here will support his career now that he's come out.
- "Simon was with another man when he adopted those kids...wasn't it an actor?...and those kids were supposed to be part of that family too. But once the guy was out of the picture, the kids became Simon's alone."
Jesus Christ man do you live in this universe?
- I can't believe people are still questioning whether he came out.
- R558, I guess some people just need something to complain about.
- R554 I think you might be referring to the rumor that Halls was with David Burtka when he had the kids, although that's been disproven. FWIW, when the birth announcements were placed in Variety, Halls was the only parent provided.
R556 I think the answer was in keeping with his strategy of coming out as low-key as possible, maybe at the network's insistence. I have a feeling we won't be seeing Bomer on Howard Stern talking about his sexual positions a la NPH anytime soon.
- Never really followed his career other than the gossip, so I went to his fan site to look at his press clippings. I'm surprised how cheeky some of them were. Read the copy from this Men's Health spread...
- or this from GQ (both from 2010)
Wedding ring in 2007!!!
- My favourite old interview on that site it this one. I bet he took "girls" to nice places
- I thought he never lied about being gay
- I wonder how this escaped our attention...
- R563 In that play he had the role of Ernest Hemingway who was married. That ring probably has to do with his character. We don´t have any info about Matt being with Simon back then. But it´s worth digging a little bit :)
- So was Simon with David at one point? That would certainly be interesting.
- hmmm, sounds like Matt will have no trouble producing offspring "the old fashioned way."
- I think that book cover was discussed on one of the earlier threads; I certainly knew about it.
However the soap opera days interview is a surprise, I've seen some old ones but never one that talking about "dating girls". I'd be surprised if he actually dated any, and never heard about any bearding either.
- Maybe he hasn't come out as gay because he's actually bisexual.
- r572 yeah right..
Here we go again.....
- Well, either he was bearding/lying or he's had girlfriends.
- Oh God...here we go. Somebody track the "bisexual troll" down by his IP address and shoot the fucker! Seriously!
- Jeez, r576 - no need to be so nasty. I never said he was. I'm just surprised to see it in print.
- Here's Simon, I assume, pushing the hubs for an Emmy...
They should have used this image for the one-sheet, it's stunning.
- I"m not a big fan of the official White Collar publicity photos, they're too photoshopped.
- "Of course, I did the whole dating-around thing when I first got to New York City."
He was a slut, right?
- Given the picture of his past boyfriend that's floating around, it seems likely that Simon is not exactly his type in the looks department. But Simon is powerful in the industry and he's useful. It's a relationship like most Hollywood relationships...useful, and a trade-off.
Here's the ex, BTW...Matt likes him some muscle.
- Who is Mike White?
- He's ugly. I like Simon more.
- Mike White is the bitter ex-boyfriend who either leaked or irresponsibly shared the photos of Matt making out with him. I'm gonna go with leaked, because, even though he wasn't really identifiable in the photo, he confirmed that it was him to Queerty and shared the above photo, which is like the mother of all "Fuck you" photos.
Apparently, he's an investment banker. Can't say I'm not impressed.
- I agree with [R583]. He looks like someone who is full of himself.
- Sorry, but this Mike White guy is one ugly motherfucker. I prefer Simon looks wise.
- Given the looks of White, there's no doubt in my mind that he's fucking Joe Manganiello.
- I agree that Mike White isn't that good looking. He's got a nice body, but that's it.
And Matt has said himself that he thinks not looks but other qualities are making people attractive.
- Well he's vice president at citi group alternative investments, so Bomes likes em powerful!
In weird news he's connected to my sister on linkedin (she used to work for the same company)..
- Well, not sure how powerful he was 10 years ago, but he probably was really confident and smart, as Simon is, too. As I said, it's not about looks for Matt.
- Please make sure to link the new thread when this one is done. Thanks :)
As a linked in user it's rare and crazy as well as embarrassing if you have changed your position and you don't note it, especially if it's with the same company. It would look better for White to show that he has scaled the company to Vice P, then to just be Vice P for 10 years.
Secondly, he was an associate before at Deutsch....next step would be Vice P in investment banking...or Senior Associate, then Vice P..unless you get demoted.
- Also what parallel universe do you guys live in? The only city that I lived in where I constantly saw beautiful people was Barcelona.
Even if you guys live in LA or NY, in what world are Halls or White ugly??
The world where poster x wants to fuck/marry Matt Bomer as is consequently jealous of their partner.
- I don't believe anyone here thinks Simon is "good looking." He's not ugly, but he's fairly plain looking and he shows his age. He's certainly not in Matt's league at all. White may not have the prettiest face, but the body is amazing.
It's a Hollywood relationship. Simon and Matt are both getting something out of it. Like all Hollywood relationships. Let's not turn into a bunch of fangirls and pretend that this is 'true love'. It's an arrangement. They all are. It doesn't mean they don't have any feeling for each other, but let's be realistic. When Simon allows Matt to actually adopt the children as a co-parent, then we'll talk.
Ahh... the "Matt is a Hollywood-whore troll"
- r595 I don't know about you but I'm no fan girl especially as coming from a smaller country, you pretty much know EVERYTHING about this industry if you just know where to party. No need to unmask anyone as it isn't my place.
But back to the topic, yes I think without a doubt that was an attraction but you don't do what those two do 'just for the industry'. Halls reminds me of guys I used to go out with, they know what they do to get you 'show power, give you connections etc' but they have HIGH self esteem and if they think that you are not really like INTO them, they will walk. Like that. Halls doesn't need Matt. And neither does Bomer need Halls, although much lesser extent, because he's no Pitt who was so starved for fame he would do ANYTHING to make it.
The more I see or here about these two, the more I think it's real love. They are constantly together. Halls works in NY a lot. And has gone with him obv to Puerto Rico hence a tweet on twitter. I mean come on, he's hardly going to just wave him off. He always goes away with him like he did when it was in Miami with stripper movie.
I don't know. You don't get anyone more cynical then me. But I really buy into these two.
And I still don't think Halls is plain. I think he's sexy. Like 'jolie lead' like the french say.I would actually go for him more then Matt although Bomer is of course better looking. But again, I'm not American. We didn't grow up with cookie cutter looks as being what one wants.
A man rough around the ages is far more sexy.
- I'm all for a compromise . Simon looks interesting . You can interpret that all the way you want
Like I said, you'd be surprised how where you are brought up has an effect on who you think is hot.
Dude, this is why we have more gay rights in Europe and don't have the weird thing called Cheerleaders.
So who is more warped with issues about looks?