- Doesn't look black at all.
- I see camel face
- Totally looks like Jay Z
- She looks weary (much older than one month).
- that is NOT a one-month-old baby. More like 2-3 months !
- [RE 3] Yes - like I said, I see camel face
- [RE 4]. You'd be weary too, watching a surrogate give birth to your baby. It
- This baby looks older than a month...
- Hot! I love the little mustache.
- That is a lot of hair and her eyes are quite well focused for a 1 month old. Surro-Gate rears its suspicious head!
- JFC, everything about this birth and the resulting baby is so fucking weird.
- And thank goodness she does. I was expecting her to look more like a Sobakawa.
- What's with rich women paying other women to carry their babies? When exactly did this trend begin, and why? Camille Grammer did the same thing. But unlike Beyonce, Camille admits it.
- That's not their baby. That's an imposter.
- I think its their baby. Whether Beyonce carried it or not is still unclear. I agree that this is the weirdest star pregnancy ever.
- R14 She is E.T.'s baby. Blue Ivy has her finger pointed in the air which means she wants to phone home.
- That baby looks about 2 months old, not one month. Where was Beyonce 2 months ago? Follow the trail, and you will find the surrogate...
- Baby looks a lot older then two months, could be a year old
- Gosh that baby looks at least 1 year! GTFU bitches!
- Wow, they've already started her on hair relaxer. What's next, a weave at 14 months?
- I think she's surprisingly cute given her father's ugly mug. And where did the pin straight hair come from?
- I agree that she looks older, like 2 months old, but 1 year?!? Puhhlease, you think she can walk?
- Do month old babies have such a head of black hair ?
She would have to have been 3 or 4 months pregnant when she did that live show at Glastonbury England last August, where she forgot her dress and sang in her underwear ... it was terrific but I can't imagine a pregnant woman doing it.
- Interesting that Beyonce, like all new mothers, has perfect hair and make up.
- I don't think she carried the baby, but it's probably theirs. Bouncy's too vain to ruin her figure.
- What's with the perfectly straight hair?
- [quote]What's with the perfectly straight hair?
Girl please. That child is wearing a baby lacefront, the first product in the Blue Ivy Baby Collection, available at Target in the coming weeks.
- And of course old Mariah had to tweet a new picture of her kids right after BeYAWNce released pictures of hers.
They're ALL attention seekers
- I guess I'm the first black person posting, but it's pretty normal for black babies to be born looking really light, with lots of straight hair. The hair may start to curl in a few months, and she get a little tanner in a few years. Beyonce and JayZ are not dark, so the baby will not look like Wesley Snipes after one month or 100 years.
- [quote]so the baby will not look like Wesley Snipes after one month or 100 years.
We won't know unless we see a pic of the one who actually gave birth.
- Thanks, R29.
Jeez, the ignorance up in here.
- R15, even weirder than the alleged Katie Holmes pregnancy?
- What little boxes do you all live in? Or is this some kind of attempt at wit? It is not unusual for black children to be born with a full head of straight hair. It is also not unusual at all for children porn to black parents to be born with a light complexion.
How can this board be incredibly liberal and incredibly narrow-minded all at the same time?
- OK, I will admit i had no idea about black babies having a full head of straight hair. If it's true, which still seems weird to me.
- Agreed, R29 and R34. I'm also wondering how many people here insisting the baby is two or three months old have extensive experience with babies.
I'm a (white) gay man without children, but just from the many babies I've know (of several ethnic backgrounds) that belong to friends and family, I've seen a lot of variation among babies in terms of color, hair, size, etc.
I have no idea whether Beyonce gave birth or hired a surrogate or is even biologically related the to the child, but it's just not possible to tell by photographs how old this baby is and what her parentage/DNA is.
The baby is beautiful and Beyonce appears to be very proud and in love with her baby. I wish them every happiness and blow kisses to baby Blue Ivy for a long and happy life.
- The baby is cute, but does remind me a little of the guy who sings chocolate rain.
- "We won't know unless we see a pic of the one who actually gave birth."
Even if Beyonce and Jay-Z had used a surrogate the baby still wouldn't look like the surrogate. That's because they'd take Beyonce's egg and Jay-Z's sperm, fertilize the egg, then place it inside the surrogate. The surrogate serves as an incubator, that is all. She is not biologically related to the baby at all.
- r38, unless Julius is the baby's father!
- Damn i feel sorry for this kid. Ugly as jay z and these having these two greedy cunts as parents that will try to milk it for every dime its worth.
- [quote]It is not unusual for black children to be born with a full head of straight hair
Hell. I was born with a full head of hair and am half Colombian. It happens.
- r 31 - 'scuse me but de woid is "ignunce."
- I found it odd that Beyonce was preenin for the camera and smiling. I've never seen a new mother not stay laser focused on the face of their newborn. The angle is bizarre, as well.
No bonding. It's like she's the aunt or something.
- Do fill us in on your expertise on mother-child bonding, R43.
- black children are usually born with a head full of straight hair. The hair starts to 'turn' at about two months which confirms to me that the baby is about a month old. Also, no one knows when these pics were taken and how old the baby was when taken. I don't believe for one minute that Beh carried this baby but you can take it to the bank with their egos this kid is ALL theirs.
FWIW, this new born hair will mostly fall out and the re-growth hair will be closer to what the baby will have permanently.
- And black chilren are ALWAYS born lighter, and start to darken as the months go by.
- r28 Mariah's babies are gorgeous! But, I'm confused. Isn't the babies daddy black? Those babies look white.
- I told you.. Baby Wigs.
- This all just doesn't seem real to me.
- R20 Yes.
- r47, my parents are Beyonce and JayZ's color and I looked positively Asian until about four months old. And no, my mom was not stepping out. I didnt have nearly as much hair though. I think the amount of hair the baby is born with has to do with the mother's diet during pregnancy. But as r45 said it will all fall out anyway.
- Another honky here...
I had no idea black babies had straight hair either.
- My partner and I are fathers to twin boys, now 7 months old. I only have my own experience to draw from, but I'm surprised the baby's eyes are so clear and focussed for being an alleged newborn. Our guys barely opened their eyes for the first few weeks and even then, they were so puffy from birth (by c-section). Just comparing my own photos, Blue looks to be about 3 weeks old.
I will also admit to wondering why they put a wig on her when I first saw the pix...
- I really enjoyed his performance as Big Daddy in 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof'. I like his singing voice too.
- We've (black and white people) have been living together, at least in this country, for almost 400 years and it amazes me how much we still don't know about the other. I would suggest someone start a thread, but I can see it ending poorly.
But here are some things you probably should know:
1) Many of us are born with full heads of straight dark hair. That hair falls out and for most of us is replaced by the kinkier/curlier version. Believe it or not, due to European and Native American genes being introduced into our genetics, many of us have what we refer to as 'good hair' or straight hair that isn't kinky.
2) black people can get darker in the summer and black people can get sunburned. We can even get skin cancer.
2) black people can have blue or green or gray eyes.
3) Not every black guy has a huge cock. The difference is, black guys tend to be showers more often than growers. While it is usually the opposite for white guys. When the cocks are hard black and white guys are usually around the same, give or take.
4) Many of us come from two parent homes. Our families weren't on welfare. Education and speaking properly was the rule and not the exception.
5) Many of us aren't brainwashed bible freaks.
6) Many of us have never been to jail or have a family member who has been in jail.
7) We all don't listen to hip hop music or Jazz or classic RB. There are a lot of black people who are fans of classic rock, alt rock and the bubblegum stuff.
8) Some of us are democrats. Some are republicans. Some are independents. Some are libertarians.
9) Insert the current, black loud mouth pundit/talking head of the day and understand that he/she doesn't speak for all black people.
10) Most of us know the difference between racism and calling out insane behavior. So don't be so afraid to speak up if you see a black person doing something stupid or something you don't understand. No one is going to beat you up and jump down your throat.
Hope this helps.
Excuse any typos or grammatical errors. The Property Brothers just came on.
- Thank you, R56.
- R56 All that is correct except for the second number 2. Black people along with all non-white people have brown eyes or rarely hazel eyes. Non-white people with other color eyes are admixed with Caucasian genes.
- The baby is beautiful and her looks are very pronounced. Almost like a baby doll. She does look like Bey&Jay. I don't believe she is a newborn at all and I don't believe Bey had her. I do believe surrogate. I do believe this is their baby. What the hell does "she doesn't look black mean"? Some of you are very ignorant and just plum racist. Stop the fuckin hate.
- Thank you R56. "We come in all shades of colors" .
- Wrong 59. Black people can have blue,green or hazel eyes too. I have more than a few family members with this. Look at Michael Ealy the actor he has Blue eyes. Vanessa williams hazel and the list could go on. This is not uncommon among black folk as people like to act. I know a child with blue yes and brown skin. She is gorgeous. So stop. Cause neither one of her parents are bi-racial.
- R59 How is it racist to say the baby doesn't look black? It's an observation based on a COLOR. Would I be racist if I said the sky looks gray today?
- Stop basing it on color. Because doesn't mean the child isn't black. We are trying to explain that people of color come in many different shades. That child looks like she could very well have African-American parents. So you saying she doesn't look black comes across as ignorant and racist.
- Color, schmolor. I'm going to cut that bitch.
Minions! Bring me my switchblade with the built-in e-meter!
- I don't know about Blue Ivy, but Mariah Carey's kids don't look black at all. You'd think with 75% black genes it would come through a little more.
- [quote]That child looks like she could very well have African-American parents.
Not to a person who has never seen a black newborn before.
[quote]So you saying she doesn't look black comes across as ignorant and racist.
It is ignorant, but it is not a racist statement. I think you should stop overacting and calm down. And you sound like one of those tired Bey stans.
- R62 "How is it racist to say the baby doesn't look black? It's an observation based on a COLOR. Would I be racist if I said the sky looks gray today?"
Black babies don't get their coloring right away. Her blackness will show in the next few weeks. Will you be happy then?
- R47, maybe because this is Mariah's mom?
- R58, you are wrong. Many non-white have blue and green eyes. My tribe is very well known for so many people having light eyes.
Yes, we are mixed, but it can be very small amounts, several generations back, and in order for us to have light eyes, there has to be white genes on both sides.
Nevertheless, just as the president is half-white genetically, but is a black man, someone who is black or brown and has a few white ancestors sprinkled in is still black or brown.
And btw, there are very few people in the US who aren't mixed with white.
I look white and have brown eyes. My brother looks mixed Native and has bright green eyes. My sister looks like a high-blood quantum Native American and has hazel eyes.
But despite that we have a few white ancestors, all three of us are Native, with a Cherokee mother and a Chickasaw father. My mother looks white and my father looks like a full-blood, but you can't tell by looking. Like black people, Native Americans come in all colors.
- And Beyonce's mom is a very light-skinned Creole.
http://ubnation.com/industry news/Beyonce's Mother Now Saids She Is Not Pregnant.jpg
- I agree R14. They got a slightly more photogenic one for the shoot. She was caught with the stomach pillow folding too, without a shadow of a doubt.
Anyway, who cares about these two no talents.
- R43 "I found it odd that Beyonce was preenin for the camera and smiling. I've never seen a new mother not stay laser focused on the face of their newborn. The angle is bizarre, as well.
No bonding. It's like she's the aunt or something."
It's because Beyonce gave birth to a pillow. She didn't have that baby so of course she woudn't bond with it.
- It's true. Not all black babies are black.
- Great post R69! W&W for your insight that should be common knowledge.
- I agree r65 Maria's kids look completely white. I wonder if she paid a lab tech to replace her husband's sperm with a white man's sperm, lol.
- R75, you assume that because you have a black man in that picture holding a white baby that HE'S the father? LMAO.
- I don't think any of you know a damned thing about babies or black hair. But don't let that stop you from theorizing.
The baby is cute. J looks happy as hell. Whatever.
- lol, 'dem babies' look just like their father. Look at the faces of those twins.
- I still think the baby looks like a little 30 year old mexican man.
And to the poster who said they take JayZ's sperm and Beyonce's eggs combine them in a test tube and then insert the combination into the uterus of the surrogate....
it can also be done by inserting JayZ's sperm into the uterus of the surrogate and letting the eggs of the surrogate naturally combine with the sperm inside the uterus....
so the resultant baby would look nothing like Beyonce because the eggs are the eggs of the surrogate, not Beyonce's eggs.
- Mariah's babies are adorable, so is Blue Ivy. Hope they don't get screwed up from having filthy rich and famous parents.
- Beyonce has had a nosejob and other work done, don't forget that. That is not their baby.
- Our genetic make-up is of course blended, R58.
Those genes featuring light-colored eyes are a genetic drift from migration trends.
- There was a picture of Ealy as a baby floating around the internet. It was one of those pics that asked the question What famous actor is this?...(i searched and can't find it)
The baby pic was of a completely light skinned boy with absolutely straight hair and blue eyes. Now and all grown up, would ANYONE deny the blackness of Ealy?
Black babies grow into their features.
My son was born with a full head of black hair that hit the top of his shoulders on the back of his neck. It was slightly disconcerting. He was fair with very dainty features. He now looks very much like a young Denzel... not my opinion but seems to be the going comment from most.
Again, black babies grow into their features. Deal.
- r79, you are stupid, you do need to shut your pie hole now.
- Gestational Surrogacy:
Gestational Surrogacy occurs when the intended parents use their own sperm and eggs, which are fertilized in vitro (in a test tube). The embryos are then surgically implanted into the uterus of the surrogate mother, who will then carry the child to term. Following birth, the surrogate mother surrenders the child to the intended parents. In turn, the surrogate and (if applicable) the surrogate’s husband are relieved of any legal parental responsibility regarding the child.
- I remember an article when that child was born, r76, and they had all the DNA testing and they were the genetic parents of that child.
- Does the ET picture for the ad upper right, the little green guy with a crop circle on his forehead?
It's a sign I TELL YA!
- R83, what is Ealy? Ealy?
- R87, yes, true.
But I still think it can also be done the way I described with Jay Z's sperm being inserted into the surrogate's uterus and the surrogate's eggs then combining with Jay Z's sperm in the uterus.
- Those are pics of albinos, R84 and R86, a wholly different thing. Albinism is a congenital disorder. Don't confuse the issue.
- r90, Michael Ealy
- None of these pregnancy conspiracy theories make sense. If you're going to go the surrogacy route, why would you want to use Jay's sperm? He's so hideous even HE had to worry what his spawn would look like. I'm sure for the right amount of money they could have convinced Tyson, Shemar or Tyrese to spit into a cup.
- I doubt that Beyonce finds Jay Z's looks to be hideous.
And I doubt that Jay Z finds his own looks to be hideous.
- R56, if possible, the parents prefer to use their own DNA, unless the husband or wife is sterile, in which case a sperm or egg donor is used instead. But if both can provide the egg/sperm they'll go that route and just use the surrogate as an incubator.
- Beyonce seems to be showing off the baby rather than bonding with her newborn, of course that is not a newborn baby you see in the pictures since the eyes are too focused and I see no signs of wrinkled puffy fresh from the womb skin that you would expect to see in a newborn.
The baby does look mixed to me but the hair is too Caucasian and full for this to be the child of a black man and mostly black woman, I'm not being racist here I'm just giving my opinion based on these photos and comparing them to the mixed and black babies I have seen.
Black babies are not all born dark skinned but the hair is a tell tale sign because all though they can be born with lots of hair it's never that full, thick, long or stick straight, black babies hair will always have a curl to it, how tight the curl is depends on the ancestry, Blue Ivy does not appear to have curls so I have no idea who her parents really are but I bet that it's not JZ and Beyonce, instead I think it's his baby mixed with a white or Latino woman's DNA.
- Have you every listened to the lyrics of Jay Z? He is no Jackson, wishing to be white. I think that is what is confusing many of you. Unfortunately your confusion is not just your fault. The black folks that succeed in hollywood are mostly those who worship at the alter of white skin/blue eyes; just like the old jewish hollywood moguls before them who desired white women.
Jay Z is HOVA, code for Jehovah the black God. He would ONLY use his own seed. That you can count on.
- I thought the baby is supposed to be one-month old in the photos released yesterday which the OP posted.
- R97, I, too, think the baby looks latino.
- Chill out R98, no one said Jay Z is ugly because he's black. He's just butt ugly. There are millions of gorgeous black men that would have a better chance at an attractive bio child.
- Why would anyone believe that Beyonce would use anyone else's eggs? lol NOPE.
These are two ego maniacs. That's their kid, via some second party vagina. The kid is a month old in those pics, not new born.
- Don't any of you Beyonce fans feel a bit slighted that your idol would lie to you like this?
- Yeah, cuz now Jay has a son and a daughter.
Or didn't you know he had a kid from another bitch?
- There are a lot of people on here who know nothing about babies. So I asked my neighbor who is a midwife. Yes, that baby is only a few days old although she seems quite big. Yes, without even looking at the kids parents she would have guessed this was a black baby. Yes, that baby has a lot of hair. Not unusual for a baby with African American parents or even an Indian or Asian baby. In fact my neighbor says she has even delivered white babies with this much hair. Yes, this could very well be their baby even if carried by a surrogate. (Although she has no opinion on beyonces possible fake prgnancy since she is a 50 year white woman who listens to jazz music and barely recognized beyonce in this picture)
The most unusual part, for the midwife, is that they managed to capture a newborn baby with it's eyes open. They sleep a lot. But she figured paying a professional photographer to get the babies first photos means they managed to get the elusive "eyes open" photo so many new parents fail to get. Beyonce looking at the camera is not unusual at all. The midwife thought that was an especially hilarious question.
And lastly when I asked if she though Michael Jackson's kids were his or not she laughed and said "no way!"
- [quote] when I asked if she though Michael Jackson's kids were his or not she laughed and said "no way!"
According to the people on this thread, she's a RACIST then!!!
- A midwife?
Essentially, a housewife who couldn't get into medical school?
- I'm an irish german mix.
When I was born I had a full head of thick black hair and dark olive skin. My parents thought I was indian - switched at birth? It was unusual because my brother who is a year older was born bald with fair skin and light brown/blonde hair. I was so ugly as a baby the only picture my parents have of me was the one where I was still in the hospital, only a few days old. They didn't start taking pictures of me until I was around 2 years old (seriously) when I got cuter.
I grew up to be fair skinned with thick great dark brown hair. I turned out to look just like my grandmother and mom. I also look simmiliar (we look like siblings) to my younger sister who was born with fair skin and no hair.
Blue Ivy's skin tone will change, her hair will change. She will probably be quite cute if she takes after her mom.
But it's not totally out of the norm to be born with a full head of hair and a skin tone that will change with age.
- This Thread is Ridiculous
- Wow, R107. Midwives are advanced practice nurses with graduate degrees, and plenty of women seek them out for routine gyn care as well as pregnancy and birth care.
- Most midwives do not have graduate degrees!
And plenty of midwives are not 'advanced' nor 'practice nurses' - and I think you probably mean 'practical nurses'.
PN's, by the way, have two-year degrees as opposed to registered nurses (RN's) who have four-year degrees.
- [quote]This Thread is Ridiculous
Thank you, r109. I really hope you guys are just trolling. A bunch of white people saying this baby doesn't look black?
- I did indeed mean "advanced practice nurse". You can google the phrase; it is an umbrella term that generally includes nurse practitioners, nurse anesthetists, and other nurses educated at the graduate level.
Perhaps you are located outside of the U.S.? In any case, the vast majority of midwives in this country are CNMs, or certified nurse-midwives. I have never met a CNM who did not have a minimum of a master's degree in nursing (this is, of course, in addition to a BSN and RN license).
- The caption next to the large close up photo posted by the OP says the photo is of the baby at one-month old.
So why are many of you talking as if the baby is a newborn?
Read the caption next to the close-up photo.
- [quote]Jay Z is HOVA, code for Jehovah the black God. He would ONLY use his own seed. That you can count on.
Jay Z is God?
What's this shit about only using his own seed? My father was sterile so I was born through a donor. STFU and stop making an ass of yourself.
[quote]A bunch of white people saying this baby doesn't look black?
I'm so appeased that you saw that all the profile pictures of the trolls posting that theory were white people.
- [quote] STFU and stop making an ass of yourself.
wow. HOVA is about lyrics and ego. And, he already has a son. Nothing wrong with his sperm.
- Oh yes R107 you're right, I will instantly take the advice of a person who doesn't know the difference between a housewife and a midwife and I'll dismiss a woman who has spent the last 25 years delivering babies. She was a qualified RN before she moved into midwifery by the way. She has spent years working not only working in our hospitals but in developing countries. This is a woman who delivered twins in the baking heat in Africa with nothing but a plastic sheet and surgical gloves. She has spoken at conferences and was recently recognized by our community for the charitable work she does with teen moms. But what does she know, right?
So feel free to enlighten us with your half baked theories and dumb ass opinions. I won't be here to read them though, as someone up thread said this is a ridiculous thread, and youre living proof that even in the face of reason and logic fools will continue to argue.
- R117, why are you even bothering to respond to the simple minded fucktard @ R107?
- [quote]Nothing wrong with his sperm.
Just speechless at such a post. You voting for Santorum and his righteous family sperm?
- ABC Nightly News with David Muir just showed all three photos of Beyonce's baby on the nightly news.
- R66-Fuck outta here. Not a Bey stan just stating facts. Has nothing to do with stanning bitch.
- No you get the fuck out r121. I hope Bey is paying your bills bitch! Say something else I dont like.
- Beyonce's creole lineage is quite strong. Compared to her father she strongly resembles her mom. Her sister (who has a child) is also very light skinned with blue/green eyes. Granted the father is of mix ethnicity.
One thing people tend to forget about black people and Africa in general is that it's one of the most genetically diverse continent. Yes mostly everyone is dark skinned but you can find ranges of very light color to the darkest of dark. Straight hair to very kinky which can be blonde, brown red or black. Smooth skin to very hairy. Dark brown eyes to very light colors. All with no caucasian blood in them.
- Most Latino babies are also born with full heads of dark hair.
- I don't care how many pictures they come up with, I still don't believe she was ever pregnant.
- SHES PREETY SO BACK OFF OF HER
- What does black look like faggot @ r1?
- [quote]One thing people tend to forget about black people and Africa....mostly everyone is dark skinned but you can find ranges of very light color to the darkest of dark. Straight hair to very kinky which can be blonde, brown red or black.
Uh no. And your link says nothing to support your assertion. Africa IS genetically diverse but blonde and red hair is exclusively a caucasian trait. Those hair colors when found in afro-americans are a result of mixed ancestry, albinism or pharmaceutical products.
- Ahem, if I may say something. When I was in the hospital 24 years ago having mine I noticed that black babies were actually very light in color, almost pink, and could pass for white. They were also adorable. The Mexican babies were born with a covering of body hair which they said fell out in a few weeks. Talk about some ugly babies. We are talking about thick thatches of dark hair and unibrows. One woman was holding one that I would have been horrified to have come out of my body.
- I don't get what the question on hair is here, ALL babies other than white ones have a lot of hair when they're born.
Have you never left from your mom's basement?
- I see a strong resemblance between Beyonce and her Dad especially in pics with her real nose.
- people are so ignorant, really a relaxer, and she doesn't look black?? The number one question when my son was born was "what is the race of the father?" like seriously! my husband and I are same complexion and both our parents are black. His twin sister is "dark skins" as is my mom. although my son is browning up he has blonde hair around his perimeter. Come on people, Beyoncé's mothers looks to be some form of biracial. Plus African American babies come out looking one way and alters another with time. As for the surrogate, when were any of you in Beyoncé's vagina??? she's always been very private, even with her marriage to Jay-Z.