- She has a puny career, much like your dick, Ryan.
- she really doesnt make too many movies, does she?
- Shes doing ok i think. Still gets work. Won a tony short time ago.
- Wouldn't suck Fincher's dick.
- She's in The Avengers this summer and was just in We Bought a Zoo. She seems to be doing fine.
- She spends her free time polishing her Tony Award
- She always has work.
Ever hear of imdb.com, OP?
and wikipedia.com, OP?
- Yes, bitch at R7, but what I'm getting at is the fact that she has not been in any major films or been nominated for an Oscar in quite some time.
She is no longer a star on the rise, but one on the decline. She may still be getting work, but no one's talking about her anymore, are they?
- She was never nominated for an Oscar.
We Bought a Zoo was a disappointment both critically and commercially, but she does have the Avengers.
She's an average actress who has coasted on her sex appeal. Once that goes, she's toast.
- She was never nominated for an Oscar. Notably snubbed in her big breakout year.
I agree her It Girl status diminished badly, but she does have great name recognition at least.
- She's doing fine. The fanboys are still obsessed with her, even after finally seeing her nekkid. She's the only woman in a major blockbuster that's about to be released, and she's dating some new non-Hollywood hottie. No need to shed tears for Hooty McBoob.
- Have no fear, OP. JGL will rescue Ms. Johansson's career:
Joseph Gordon-Levitt Readies Directorial Debut
By Kyle Buchanan
ScarJo + JoGo-Lev? Deadline reports that actor and multimedia mogul Joseph Gordon-Levitt will soon start shooting his directorial debut, a romantic comedy in which he'll act alongside Scarlett Johansson. "I wrote myself a helluva role, one that people wouldn’t necessarily thought of me for," said Gordon-Levitt, who'll be playing "a modern-day Don Juan" attempting to become less of a "selfish dick." As an actor, Gordon-Levitt will be among our most ubiquitous this year — he's got five films dated in 2012, provided he can still schedule his small role in Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained — so when better to dedicate some time to going behind the camera? (And who wants to lay odds on the frequently musical Gordon-Levitt singing a song or two with part-time chanteuse Johansson?)
- Poor role choices in film. She doesn't seem to have too great of a management team based on the roles she chooses.
She notoriously took a VERY lowball offer to get the Black Widow role. Something like $500K (while Gwyneth and RDJ made millions in their Iron Man 2 roleS). Was willing to take pennies just to get in a blockbuster series.
Doesn't help that she also goes out of her way to play down her amazing body. She dresses horribly and does ugly things to her hair.
She was never more sexy & stunning than when she wore that low cut red dress to the Golden Globes years back and Isaac Mizrahi felt her up. Since then she dresses and styles like a 40 year-old who wants to look 50.
- "The Avengers" is gonna be fucking HUGE!
Scar Jo is not dead yet, bitches.
- Did 'The Black Dahlia' damage her career?
- Oh no R12, just as I was starting to like JGL after his brilliant turn in 50/50.
Nothing like polymath hipster overexposure to douche you up. Ask Franco and the very precariously balancing it Gosling.
- [quote]Poor role choices in film. She doesn't seem to have too great of a management team based on the roles she chooses.
Her agent is Reese Witherspoon's husband, Jim Toth. Maybe he's a shitty agent because he also reps McBongo and he makes nothing but crap.
- At age 27, an actor is supposed to be nominated for an Oscar as a run of the mill matter?
Being nominated for an Oscar is not a requirement for a viable actor and for an actor to get work and remain a 'working actor'.
As an aside, Scarlett J. won a Tony award last year for a play performance in NYC.
I get so sick of Datalounge posters stating so and so is 'over' and WEHT about actors who are continually working, are very viable, and are having no trouble getting work.
A Datalounge poster posted last week 'WEHT Antonio Banderas'. Just ridiculous and ignorant.
- I remember when Issac Mizrahi jiggled her boob on the Red Carpet...
- Her house in the H-Hills went into foreclosure in November '11.
- R17 he's not her agent. She is repped by CAA but not by him. He supposedly had to get permission from the partners when he wanted to start dating her cause dating amongst the client pool isn't cool for agents there.
- She's a no-talent cunt. She will never happen.
- R20, her house did not go into foreclosure. She sold it for $5 million and took a $2 million dolloar loss because she had purchased it for $7 million.
'When you lose $2 million on your house and that's not even your biggest public loss of the year, that's a pretty good sign you're on the A-list.
Such are the woes of Scarlett Johansson, who parted with $7 million for a 1931-vintage Spanish hillside villa in Los Angeles' swanky Outpost Estates neighborhood back in 2007, the same year she started dating Ryan Reynolds. After three years, one marriage, turns in Iron Man 2 and Woody Allen's Vicky Cristina Barcelona and renovations to the mansion including windows, doors, appliances and tech upgrades, Johansson inexplicably turned around and listed her 4,300-square-foot, seven-bedroom manse in 2009 for $5.1 million.
Maybe neighbors such as Charlize Theron, Felicity Huffman, William H. Macy and Orlando Bloom gave off too much star power to get a decent sleep without blackout curtains. Maybe the lap pool and spa were just too small. Either way, she likely didn't have time to look the place over before she left; she sold it for just less than $5 million. Six months later, she and Reynolds called it quits.'
- hmmmm i wonder if i should worry whether the bitchy fags at datalounge think i'm pretty, talented or relevant...nope!
- She does not look like she does in that photo R24 in real life.
The photo is touched up beyond belief.
- Scarlett Johansson has FANTASTIC care if you consider her lack of talent and retarded face.
- "JGL will rescue Ms. Johansson's career"
- Scarlett Johansson has FANTASTIC CAREER if you consider her lack of talent and retarded face.
one more time
- It's pathetic how her career is fizzing out already.
- Her face is so plain when she's not made up and in a designer gown. Basically, she's utterly forgettable without some spackle and giant tits.
- Keep on hating she's been working steady for over a decade has new projects fashion and cosmetics endorsements 2 big budget blockbusters in the pipeline and Antony award. So I'm afraid she already has "happened" dears.
- The 3 Woody Allen films gave her some cachet, but that may have evaporated now ... she wasn't in Midnight in Paris ! Even Woody moves on ...
was she hooked up for a while with that no-talent pretty boy Josh Hartnett ? not a good career move.
- She is indeed fading, because everyone has realized what a poor actress she is. When she was young, some good directors used her as a blank slate and the results inflated her reputation. Now she’s too grown up to use that way, but hasn’t developed any talent or charisma. She’s just an attractive woman who can play a love interest, but who can’t carry a film.
- I think her looks are fading.
- She and Josh Hartnett are a perfect pair of good looking blanks who caused a stir for a while but did not have the talent to sustain it, they may still get occasional roles now in less important films, but the caravan has moved on to all the new brilliant talent around - the Fassbenders and Mulligans etc...
- Josh Hartnett is a good guy, even if he isn't the brightest bulb.
He's very pro-gay and he even had the guts to accuse the Bush administration of being behind Paul Wellstone's plane crash in Minnesota in 2002.
He showed his ass in 'The Black Dahlia'.
- Show business really devours its young ... its already a few years on from her Woody film set in Barcelona which was popular then - but now its all about the new talent out this year. Didnt she make an album as well but it may not have caused much interest, can she actually sing?
I'm sure I saw her in some perfume advertisements, but Charlize is hogging all those now !
- She has worked continuously, and was just in We Bought a Zoo.
- She is supposed to be some kind of intellectual rebel in Vicky Cristina Barcelona! I just watched it last night. While there were some funny moments with the Spanish actress, the dialogue had some clunky and very Woody Allenish old sounding dialogue (ex Rebecca Hall saying "making love" -nowadays, people would say "have sex" or "fuck." And there was the whole women are intellectually inferior to men thing that is really stale and appears in all of his movies). Rebecca Hall is wasted in a lot of movies.
- Rebecca Hall is a better actress than Scarlett, that's for sure. I thought Scarlett did better in Scoop than she did in VCB.
- Dating Nate Naylor.
- So she's switched to a new penis, attached to some sloppy-looking, overly-tattooed old guy. Things are looking up for Scary!
- Avengers was massive and after that project she was straight to work on another.
She is attractive and curvy - thats what men like. Now I see the hatred for ScarJo. If there is one thing gay men hate it is an attractive, sexy woman who has a lot of men lusting after her. Jealous much.
- AVENGERS would have been a hit regardless if she was in it or not. Cut the comedy.
She has good PR. People wouldn't be able to point this "Star" out of a police lineup if they had to.
- [quote]So she's switched to a new penis, attached to some sloppy-looking, overly-tattooed old guy. Things are looking up for Scary!
Sounds like she has a type.
- So you guys missed the hottie brother at R34?
He used to look very nerdy, now nicely grown up!
- [quote]I think her looks are fading.
Everyone's looks are fading, starting at age 22.
- R47 - not true. Many people, both men and women, look better in their 30s than in their 20s.
- Yeah, I agree. Men AND women don't star getting hot until they're in their 30s. When you're in your 20s (and I'm in my 20s) you just look bland, undeveloped. Most Hollywood actors/actresses want to look like they're "forever 34-36" - i.e. Tom Cruise, Sandy Bullock, Julia, etc. No one tries to look like they're 22 (except M. Louise Ciccone). Madge could pass for a hot 37 year old lobbyist in DC. I don't know why she keeps trying to pretend she's 19.
- She has coasted too much on her looks rather than developing her acting skills and taking challenging film roles. She has gotten herself into a rut playing sexy roles and when you are type-cast in sexy roles there is always a new hotter, sexier It girl waiting in the wings. Actresses type-cast as sexy have a shelf-life. It's the actresses who prove their talent (Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet, etc) and/or develop a likeable on-screen persona that attracts life-long fans (Sandra Bullock-and this seems to happen very rarely because I can't think of another actress)that manage to have long careers.
- Its just hilarious how predictable the fags are. Let me guess, you hate her because she got to fuck Ryan Reynolds?
Maybe you Marys should fire off an email to the straight boys and tell them to stop fapping to her pics because shes so fugly. Jealous little cunts!
- R49 - Sandra peaked in her mid 30s, Julia peaked in her early 20s, Dana Delany's been on a plateau for the past 20-25 years.
- R49, who the fuck wants to look like a lobbyist‽ Hi, I resemble Satan!
Scarlett's problem is that she can't act for shit and she looks like she has FAS.
- Scarlett can act. Her best role is still Lost in Translation, but she was also very good in the Woody Allen pics Scoop and Match Point, A Love Song for Bobby Long, and The Island. She does need some better roles, though.
- R54, Lost In Translation was absolute tripe and she was blank as fart. She hasn't given an even semi-decent performance since Manny & Lo.
- I believe that she also got good reviews for one of her earliest films: GHOST WORLD. She ought to have received higher billing for THE AVENGERS.
- R56 - I agree about Ghost World, though it was more a supporting role.
- R57 = idiot newbie
- What's your problem? R58.
- R59, you don't know anything. Read before you post. You make idiotic statements based on not knowing the history here. It's obnoxious.
- R60 - What's idiotic about saying that SJ's role In Ghost World was a supporting one? Thora Birch had the main role as Enid. Scarlett's Becky was excellent, but supporting.
- I was not impressed with her in Ghost World ( a movie I love), so I was surprised that she was the one with the career that took off.
She is getting paid a HUGE amount to return for Avengers 2. Second only to RDjr, who is making a shit-ton of money being Iron Man.
- R61, you're idiotic to like Tiny Furniture
- R63 - I haven't said anything about tiny furniture.
- Then I hallucinated it.
- she is currently the highest paid actress in Hollywood. So I guess your saying that she's over doesn't mean that she is.
- Scarlett receiving her star. Looks gorgeous.
- Her acting is shit.
I walked into the Avengers movie, then walked right out, because she was on screen and boring the hell out of me.
- Also her voice is annoying, sounds like too many cigs and alcohol.
- She has a dead presence on screen.
- I know she did a great album a few years back with Pete Yorn. Below is a link to my favorite song from the album. I think it's a great collaboration. I’d enjoy another album from these two!
Pete & Scarlett Forever!
- Any lesbian stories?
- R72 - I wish.
- Scarlett can act, as someone mentioned check out Ghost World. So the potential is there unfortunately Hollywood isn't turning out a whole lot of movies with meaty roles for actresses of any age. It's either going to be big blockbuster or rom com and you don't need to keep your acting chops too sharp for either.
- Ghost World is ok but over-praised, and the fact that Scarlett was in it doesn't impress me at all. Plus she played the basically unlikable bitch anyway.
- She was wasted in We bought a Zoo.
- Why the 50's porn name?
- R75 - Scarlett did not play an unlikeable bitch in Ghost World.
- Yes she did r78, Enid was the likable one and also the star. Rebecca was a pretty girl who had chosen to be an "outsider", but was just as narcissistic as an in-crowd cheerleader and no different aside from her fashion sense.
- R79 - That doesn't make her an unlikeable bitch. Actually, she did well in the role as "the straight man".
- I liked this scene in GW.
- Who is Scarlett Johansson?
- She is one of the highest paid actresses in the movie business.
She recently won a Tony Award for her acting in a play on Broadway in NYC.
She has many movie roles and makes a lot of money for movie studios.
- She is quite average looking in person.
She is extremely air-brushed in advertisements and non-candid photos.
She is very short-waisted which gives her a odd look.
And when left to her own devices of dressing in her off-work time, she has dreadful non-existent taste and fashion sense. She often looks terrible off-screen.
Her hair is always a wreck in terms of condition and style. A wretched mess, her hair is.
- Even in candids, she's quite attractive. Not the most beautiful woman in the world, but definitively pretty. She likes to party and to eat greasy foods, which shows up in her midsection, but she does have nice T and especially A.
- Oddly, her breasts has shrunk dramatically in size. They are dramatically smaller these days.
It's odd because she has not lost much, if any, weight of note.
- sorry, her breasts have shrunk, not has
- R86 She went on a crash diet a few years ago, and her boobs shrunk. Then she gained weight back, and it went more to her belly than to her boobs. Shit like that happens to women.
- Shes miss thunder thigh
- She comes off very bitchy.
Like a complete bitch.
- Scarlett Johansson marble columns skit on SNL was awesome. Wish I could find a link to it!
- She's very pigeon-toed. Plus, that nose job did wonders for her.
- She was good in "Ghost World", then tried to become a sex symbol.
The girl needed to remain a character actress!
- She was just in The Avengers, and she looked better than ever. She's so hot!
- Her best role might be in A Love Song for Bobby Long.
- R94, she may look hot in the Avengers movie, but she doesn't look overwhelmingly attractive in real life.
- Didn't she fuck Benicio del Toro in an elevator once?
I thought she looked best in Bob Dylan's "When The Deal Goes Down" video.
- Scarlett will be starring as Maggie in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof on Broadway in NYC starting this December.
- She looks good in these photos.
- Scarlett is shooting Under the Skin. She plays an alien disguised as a woman who feeds off of hitchhikers.
- Scarlett's poster for CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF which starts previews in December at the Richard Rodgers Theatre. Brick is played by Benjamin Walker who was in ABRAHAM LINCOLN VAMPIRE KILLER, BLOODY BLOODY ANDREW JACKSON and is married to one of those Gummer girls.
- R101- Scarlett looks almost Old Hollywood glamourous in that poster.
- She's gonna have to work with that bitch Debra Monk.
- Meh. She's always been boring. Pretty, but boring.
There was that tape of Johansson that went around a few years back. She was complaining about the guys she gave blowjobs to in exchange for work.
Has she tried Harvey?
- Receipts, r104?
She's the only female who ever worked for Michael Bay and had an ascending career afterwards.
He's such a douchebag that he'll blackball even after they worked with him and serviced him.
I give her props for that, if nothing else.
- Well, she's about to star on Broadway in CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF and with Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren in HITCHCOCK, one of the most anticipated movies of the year.
So what's happened to her career is that it continues to thrive.
JESUS. FUCKING. CHRIST.
- "She's the only female who ever worked for Michael Bay and had an ascending career afterwards" - Good point, R104
- She's also the face for Dolce and Gabbana Cosmetics, so she's doing fine. Plus she got an insane amount of money for Avengers 2- more than most of the men.
- Hunter Foster had a hand in trashing Scarlett's career. She won a Tony for actress in a featured role in 'A View From the Bridge' which I thought she was very good in. He flipped out and started a blog or something (Facebook page?) deriding her as a dilettante and in fact, deriding all Hollywood actors who come to Broadway for limited runs.
Honey, it keeps those theaters lit. And your own sister went Hollywood.
- Stop the hate! I lived in Scarlett's beloved grandmother Dorothy's building for many years and got to see Scarlett and her siblings grow up. A very lovely and loving family, and I still keep in touch with Dorothy.
Scarlett is beautiful and talented (see, Tony Award). Some of you just go out of your way to criticize others, and for what? Does it make you feel better about yourselves? Live and let live: save your hatred for those worthy of it--start with Dick Cheney--but don't begrudge a happy, harmless young woman living her dreams.
- r101 she looks gorgeous and young in that picture about 18 which is not her usual look.
Her tattoo on her forearm is awful looking and she has been aging fast imho.
- Why would she get that hideous tattoo? What is it, a panda bear? The logo for that Panda Cinese fast food chain?
- She's in that difficult period for an actress in Hollywood (ages 27-54) where you can no longer play the ingenue and aren't old enough to play the Meryl roles. Men don't start getting the good roles until mid-40s. It's so twisted.
- 27 is young enough to play the ingenue.
- She's too stable to get much attention. Plus she probably doesn't need to grab every role that comes along.
- She got another ugly tattoo.
- She's dating Romain Dauriac, whoever he is.
- It was announced last year she'd be directing an adaption of Truman Capote's "Summer Crossing". But it's not in her IMDB bio, seems to have been dropped.
- Imdb bios aren't always updated.
- Friend of mine has seen her out and about in NYC and says she looks okay (recognizable and pretty even without makeup) but that she has a bizarre walk, almost bowlegged and not attractive at all. He and his colleagues have taken to calling her "Gimpy Johannsen". Behind her back, of course. Calling her that to her face would be rude!
- I hope her career tanks - useless annoying bimbo actress!
- Bitter much, R121?
- [she hooked up for a while with pretty boy Josh Hartnett? not a good career move.]
Hartnett got insanely mad for her no-monogamy statement and wanted her to shred her hyper-sexual image.
- Under the Skin looks interesting.
- Scarlett as a red head in Captain America 2.
- Isn't she gay?
gay mc gee
- She may be bi, but I don't think she's gay.
- I wonder what she's got now, slept with Sean Penn!
- She's lost a good deal of weight.
- At the Tonys
- I remember when she was huge and the hottest thing years ago. Since then something seems to have deflated her career/image. I think maybe she just doesn't have so much interest in it and prefers to date men. Seems straight to me btw.
- R131 - what makes you think she doesn't have any interest in it? Scarlett has been rather active.
- Looks like she got a breast reduction - she looks the same everywhere else on her body. I've had one myself. Huge tits get very tiresome on many levels after a while.
- Maybe in terms of working her image and PR.
- R133 - No, she looks thinner everywhere. Look at her face.
- But seems like her breast were soo huge previously - diet and exercise alone wouldn't shrink them "that much"....
- Filming a movie wearing an ugly wig.
- " shooting under the skin " I can't get past that image.
- At Comic Con
- She likes to jog or did, and that is a boob deflater for the most part, especially when you lose weight.
- She seems to be losing weight from the top down.
- Her face looks thinner.
- With Chris Evens at Comic Con.
- What happened to her?
- Scarlett Johansson works out like a guy. The actress says she heads straight to the weights room when she hits the gym and much prefers to sculpt her body than do cardio exercises.
She told French ELLE: "I go to the gym twice a week, but if I'm preparing for a role, I sometimes go every day. I'm not a fan of cardio, I like lifting weights and doing exercises to work my core muscles. To be honest, I work out like a guy!"
However, the sultry star is far more feminine when it comes to her beauty routine and wouldn't dream of heading out for the night without a full face of make-up.
Scarlett said: "I've always loved eye-shadow. When I was younger, my mother would always get dolled up before she went out, I've inherited the same habit.
"In the evening, I wear bright red lipstick and accentuate my eyes. I like to have an expressive gaze, with lots of layers of mascara."
The 28-year-old beauty also shared her best DIY remedy for great skin - using lemon juice as a natural toner.
She revealed: "I use lemon juice diluted with water instead of toner to make my skin glow and reduce marks. It's perfect for the days before a red carpet appearance."
- Teaser for Under the Sun
- "She is known for having a colorful personal life when it comes to her relationships.
And hopefully Scarlett Johansson's decision to take off her engagement ring yesterday didn't have any bearing on her relationship with beau French journalist Romain Dauriac.
Thankfully the actress was seen back with the ring on Tuesday as she attended the premiere of new movie Don Jon at the Toronto Film Festival."
- Her face looks different, doesn't it?
- Interesting outfit.