- He played gay 4 pay hooker on HUNG and had a recurring role on Queer As Folk.
So very gay friendly.
- No offense, but I can't support this project and you all know why.
- Because he is Canadian?
- He's a cutie, I'd watch him in anything.
- He was on the first season of "Dante's Cove." Then the show made plans to turn his character is gay, and the actor decided he wanted to pursue other projects. Therefore, the part was recast.
- He has played gay characters before Dante's and after, so it might have been the writing he didn't like.
- But is he as sexy as Justin Hartley?
- I'm too partial to Justin Hartley's Green Arrow. I only just caught up with Smallville's finale, so he's still fresh in my head. Oh, he's so beautiful.
When Col. Tigh was torturing him I was in heaven!
Anyway, I wish this new guy luck, but for now, the show isn't for me.
- So far the buzz on the show has been good.
What is also flying under the radar is this show is being launched by a gay actor. Stephen Amell isn't out, but he also isn't in at all. He even makes jokes all the time about how vague he has been about his sexuality.
[quote] There seems to be some debate about my sexual orientation, so I'd like to clear that up right now
[quote] In all seriousness, I'll happily declare my sexual orientation in public just as soon as there aren't dickheads in the world who think whatever I say in some way determines my worth as a human being.
It is very awesome to see an incredibly sexy glass-closeted actor anchoring this series. We definitely should support it.
- That hurts. Seth Rogen changed his entire lifestyle to land the role in the original. That the role is being outsourced to a Brit just adds insult to injury.
- R11: ummm...FYI: Seth Rogen played the Green HORNET, not the Green ARROW. For the record, I thought the casting of Seth Rogen in the role was goofy. He's not cute at ALL and the Green Hornet should be sexy as HELL (at least Van Williams was a HOTTIE...)
Kato (not Kaelin)
- r10. How very Teen Wolf promo gaybaiting tactic.
- Yeah as he explains in this AfterElton interview R5 that was because he had no faith in Dante's Cove, not that he had an issue being a gay character.
- So the Green Arrow is gay? Are you sure they're going to use the contemporary comic incarnation? I don't think my friends would go to see a gay super hero movie.
Also, are all these green superheros interelated by some outside green force?
- He was in Closing The Ring, with Academy Award winners Shirley MacLaine, Christopher Plummer and Brenda Bean Flicker, directed by Academy Award Winner Lord Sir Richard Attenborough, and he got his tits out in that too.
I'd like to open his ring.
- The character is straight, and it is based, somewhat loosely on the comic book Green Arrow. The apparent vibe of the show is toning down the superhero-ness, give it more of a Nolan-Batman vibe.
It is the lead actor's sexuality I was talking about. Those comments I quoted were taken directly from his official facebook page. I just thought it was very cool to see a lead heart-throb actor of a new show willing to make comments like that. Times are changing.
Here is a link of the preview. The show apparently also will have John Barrowman in a recurring role btw.
- Sorry but these CW comic book shows are wretched. No charm what-so-ever. Pointlessly violent and dark. No humor, and they go out of their way not to be gay-inclusive. No thanks.
- I'd say hiring a gay guy to be the hero is pretty damn gay-inclusive but I get what you mean.
- "That hurts. Seth Rogen changed his entire lifestyle to land the role in the original. That the role is being outsourced to a Brit just adds insult to injury."
There must be a second Green Arrow in production since Amell is from Toronto, Canada.
- People on imdb are saying he has a girlfriend. Some are even saying he's married. So.. which is it? is he marred? does he have a girlfriend, or is he gay? I honestly don't know.. I'm confused.
- He's handsome and has a great body...I'm glad it's someone different for a change. Ryan Reynolds can go go fuck off with his ugly face.
- I've never seen anything that says the guy is married, not sure where that rumor could come from.
Heterosexual people aren't purposely vague about their sexuality and don't make statements that they will talk about their sexuality when people won't judge them for it. I don't see whats the confusion, he has basically gone as far as you can to say you are gay without actually saying it.
- I agree, R23.. but people on imdb are saying he's with a girl in a lot of pics on his facebbok, they assumed she's his girlfriend. I haven't seen these pics, but it sounds suspicious that he has all these pics with only one woman. Sounds like a girlfriend to me. Someone also said he was married, but I doubt that's true, otherwise we'd heard about it. There might also be another option.. maybe he's bisexual, and the girl in the pics really is his girlfriend.. idk.
- People on imdb not believing an actor is gay...stop the presses! Tons of straight people will chose not to believe someone is gay in spite of all evidence. I mean Zachary Quinto and Matt Bomer still shocked a lot of people, there are dumbasses who actually think Colton Haynes is straight.
To me his own words are pretty clear, he might be bisexual but he certainly isn't heterosexual.
- If he is GAY, I'm sorry he shouldn't have taken the GREEN ARROW role in the first place. I hate it when actors do that. Why do you have to take the straightest characters' roles for, I want to bash my head. Its not right, you ruin the fantasy of so many fans/viewers and in the end you kill the show. It just becomes a bloody joke when a gay man is pretending to be the straightest playboy ever.
So please actors don't do this. Im looking a you Neil Patrick Harris, Matt Bomer. Some may call me a bigot but whatever, for the show's sake if this is the case, the show isnt going to go far. I dont care for his sexuality thats his business, but when you take the straightest character's role I love It becomes my bloody business.I know he talked about having a girlfriend sometime in 2010, hopefully she isnt just a beard
- Why does it have to be married "or" a girlfriend? Some of us have both!
- Body shmody - I used to be entirely below the chin, but they all have great nods now. His is spectacular all right, but it's the face and eyes that make him a very real replacement for about 75% of today's hottest male leads. Can he act? At all?
- They captured lightening in a bottle on Hung with him. His character was so appealing. He was sexy, vulnerable, appealing and played the dim witted underdog very well.
- Stephen and his costar Colin Donnell are very flirty.
- Exactly R26, and they need to cast real murderers to play serial killers. I hate it when they have the most depraved roles ever and it goes to some actor who isn't actually crazy. Ruins the fantasy and the show!
[quote]In all seriousness, I'll happily declare my sexual orientation in public just as soon as there aren't dickheads in the world who think whatever I say in some way determines my worth...
Too bad the real meaning of the quote slipped by you. You are doing exactly what he is talking about him, judging him based on that.
Maybe you should actually wait and see his performance? If you buy his Oliver Queen as straight then why do you care what Stephen Amell does in his private life?
And considering that both Matt Bomer's and NPH shows are very successful your point is pretty baseless. Luckily it seems most audience members aren't as mindlessly bigoted as you are.
- This man is hot, hot, hot!
I will watch the show just to see him.
Hopefully, it's better than White Collar.
- I guarantee this man is not gay...I'm speaking from personal experiences... even still a man or woman's sexual orientation doesn't defy them, when its all in good fun...but guys, if he in fact is open to experiment...you're damn lucky because is is one sexy bitch!
- There's no channel 11/CW in NY...
- I am pretty sure he is married but if he wanted to make all of these issues public...he would!
- Anyone see photos of his feets?
- So are you claiming to be a women who has hooked up with him R33? If so more details are a must!
I completely can believe he isn't gay, honestly I assume bisexual. He is very good friends with Jonathan Bennett who is bisexual.
He has made comments like
[quote]Hey Straight Guys: I'd avoid a definitive proclamation on your sexual orientation until after you look Rob Lowe directly in the eyes.
[quote] I don't need affirmation that it's my business, I actually enjoy being publicly ambivalent because it allows me to stand up for everyone.
They seem rather bisexual things to say, hopefully he isn't just a gay baiting straight guy.
- [quote]I am pretty sure he is married but if he wanted to make all of these issues public...he would!
Where does this married thing come from? He has never mentioned on twitter or in any interview that I have seen he is married and if you follow him based on pictures of events he goes to or people he posts pics of on twitter there is no indication of a wife.
- I've trolled through his FB pages. I think he's the real deal. Genuine, funny and self-deprecating.
I totally want to bone him.
- Sounds good, R39. Hopefully he's family too. I'm definitely looking forward to Arrow. Seems like a good show and they did right casting this hunk in the role!
- Why wasn't the guy with the yellow skin offered the role?
- When does this air?
- I think you reposted my response to whether or not you're married...well I would hate for you...such a good guy, to be blasted with all this personal interrogation while you're in your moment to shine... you've come a long way from singing Johnny Cash way up north in lil ol Toronto...congrats...its no surprise you're the next IT guy...you're georgeus, funny and definitely a hard worker...don't forget about us regular folk lol! Peace
- It's going to be the lead-in for Supernatural starting Wednesday October 10th. I'll give it a look.
- Because of the appeal of Amell, I'm now on board with this show too. I don't know the first thing about Green Arrow so I'm hoping the show isn't awful. Amell was very funny and flirty (including with John Barrowman) when he was at Comic-Con.
- Most of the other new shows this fall has been underwhelming.
So I'm looking forward to this starting this Wednesday. Fingers crossed that this will be good.
- Finally starts tonight. The DVR is set.
Some of the other fall shows I was hoping to like have been disappointing (Revolution and 666 Park Avenue are the ones that comes to mind) so I'd like for Arrow one to be engaging.
Stephen Amell being shirtless a lot will keep me watching for a couple of episodes, but if the story sucks, even his hot bod won't be able to keep me interested long term.
- So he's going to have bumpy scars on his chest? Are they going to keep up the makeup every time he takes off his shirt? It looks gross.
- I don't know a lot about the story, r48, but from what I read there will be a lot of flashbacks in the show - and not just in the first episode.
The interview with Stephen Amell (this might have been in EW magazine, but I can't remember now) said something about how the character is stranded on some deserted island for many years and it's while he's there that he learns or acquires his superhero abilities...or whatever.
Anyway, Amell said that because of how long the character is stuck on that island, he thinks Arrow is the only superhero that can sustain 10 seasons of origin flashbacks...or something like that.
My point is, he may have those unsightly scars in current time, but he probably wouldn't be so marked up during all the flashbacks where I assume he will also be shirt-free. But I'm sort of just talking out of my ass here.
- They should have kept the continuity and had Jeremy Renner play him here. What, is Renner too good to do TV now?
- r50 Get your comics companies straight.
Jeremy Renner played Hawkeye, the Marvel equivalent of DC's Green Arrow.
- Anybody watch it yet that can offer up some opinions? I've got it recorded, but probably won't get to see it until this weekend.
Hopefully people have positive things to say.
- It was full of action, he was barefoot for a bit so you got to see his feets, very dark, soap opera-ish and fun. And Liza's purse and 40 yards of chiffon and poodles fell out of his mouth every time he spoke.
- People want to see Green Arrow?
- I'm someone who tried Smallville and except for one season (one of the last ...), couldn't really get into it.
I thoroughly enjoyed this show last night. Yeah, the acting can be a bit sketchy at moments, but I really like the way they took the Green Arrow mythology and reworked it - making nods (future stories?) to some things, completely twisting others. Attractive cast, nice twists, lots of action.
I'm on board for while, and I was doubtful when I first heard about the show.
- Did you see Colin Donnell's feets, too?
- Was John Barrowman on the premier at all? I like this interview where he talks about how hot Stephen Amell's body is and how he wants it in his contract that he is nude in any scene they have together. I'm sure those boys had a lot of mutual flirting when working together.
All I know is Amell's nipples on that promotional poster are fantastic. I hope that's not just thanks to photoshop.
- Some good news for the show. The premier episode was the highest rated program of any type on the CW in the past 3 years.
- So it was good? I might go see it this weekend but my friend wants to watch 7 Cycle Paths. And after the disaster that is Green Lantern it would be hard to convince him to watch another green superhero.
- umm.. R59, you know it's a tv show right? just asking, because it doesn't sound like it..
And yes, it was good. It obviously isn't perfect.. but it left me intrigued and I want to see more.
- Surprisingly good and surprisingly high production value for a show on CW. A great deal of focus on action. I don't know why, but I can't stand Katie Cassidy (I guess because of the horrid Freddie Krueger Nightmare on Elm Street remake) and she's the female lead in this one. I find the basic story plot a bit tedious and it rips off Revenge (shallow playboy gets stranded on some deadly island and now is a good guy who fights against bad guys - which he crosses off a list from his island diary - with a hoodie and a painted on mask?). But neverless the lead does sell the show to me.
- The original Green Arrow was a poor imitation of Batman, with Speedy instead of Robin and with trick arrows instead of an utility belt. At least this Arrow has some originality.
- His ginger beard is laughable.
- Caught the pilot on Hulu. Enjoyable, and I'll tune in to future episodes to see if they can keep it up - it is very reminiscent of Nolan's Batman and "Revenge", and less super-hero cheese than something like Green Lantern.
Stephen Amell makes good eye-candy (especially the work-out sequence where he does those pull-ups up the ladder/rack... wow), but he also puts out a certain sweetness / goodness which works for the character. Some of his voice-overs are a little stiff and cheesy though. I also thought the Tommy Merlyn character was interesting - not quite sure if he's going to be a thoughtless playboy, a confidant, a bad-ass ally, a rival, or some combination of all the above.
And for all the confusion going on in this thread. There's:
- Green Hornet (originally a radio/TV character from the 30's, also in comics, most recently a movie with Seth Rogen)
- Green Lantern (DC Comics superhero who wears a magic ring, most recently a movie with Ryan Reynolds)
- Hawkeye (Marvel Comics character who's also an archer, most recently played by Jeremy Renner in the Avengers)
- Arrow (this show on the CW, based off DC Comics' Green Arrow)
- It was horrible, so awful, the cheesiest show ever. The only reason to watch is for the eye candy of the main character so I don't know what the incentive is for straight boys to watch. The ending of him looking out to the city vowing to right its wrongs is so laughable.
- It is so unrealistic that a guy with no superpowers can just dodge bullets left and right without ever getting hit and without him ever thinking that it's a possibility that he could be hit. He thinks he's invincible with just a hood. And the green paint and hair dye is ridiculous.
- R66, welcome to comic book characters. I mean, take it up with Batman (who technically has no superpowers) - the guy runs around in a bat mask and a cape and dodges bullets left and right.
I will say, the most ridiculous costume on the show is Oliver's fake hair in the flashbacks... such a bad wig.
- Arrow wouldn't have been my first choice for a Smallville followup, but I'll take it. There were going to do a Dick Grayson show at one point, but it didn't pan out.
- [quote]It is so unrealistic that a guy with no superpowers can just dodge bullets left and right without ever getting hit and without him ever thinking that it's a possibility that he could be hit.
Supposedly, Yezhov, head of the NKVD (Soviet spy agency), having been arrested, was held in a jail cell. A killer standing outside the cell fired a gun through the bars at fairly close range. Yezhov dodged several bullets, moving right and left before he was finally hit.
Of course, this might be part of his legend, being renowned as an evil, sadistic killer and Stalin's henchman.
- [quote]I mean, take it up with Batman (who technically has no superpowers) - the guy runs around in a bat mask and a cape and dodges bullets left and right.
But Batman wears a bulletproof costume. In all the movies, he gets shot straight on and the bullets bounce off him. The Green Arrow just wears a piece of terry cloth as a hood. It's not bulletproof.
- Yes please!
- He looks completely different then. Was it because of the baby fat? He looks so much better now without the chubbiness.
- Only on DL -- ONLY -- would anyone ever call someone "fat" based on R71's photo.
Btw Stephen is straight. Sorry, bitches.
"Did you ever date a student?
Yes, I did.
Did she hit on you or did you hit on her?
I probably hit on her because I was the instructor. You can walk by the bike and you can pay special attention to a student. You know, I was young. I was in my early twenties. One of my ex-girlfriends I definitely met in a spin class, and a girlfriend that I had was an instructor of mine before I started teaching.
What does a girl have to do these days to get your attention?
I just like someone that can have regular conversation. It’s fun to meet people that have no idea what you do. This is actually a litmus test for me—sometimes I’ll meet an actress in the industry and she and I will talk for a minute, and then I always make a point, if we haven’t introduced ourselves, to ask her what she does and see how she reacts to that. If she gets her back up, then the conversation is over.
You can read someone’s energy.
I think so. I also like girls without a ton of makeup. A girl just relaxed in jeans.
A simple T-shirt and jeans does it for you?
Yeah, because I like to know what a woman looks like when she’s just dressing for herself and she’s comfortable. Very few women are in their natural element when they’re dressed for the red carpet or a gala. Their element is how they look on a Sunday afternoon or a Saturday morning, and just out doing their thing."
- Finally watched it on the DVR... I really liked it. Way more than I thought I would.
And here's an interesting write-up on it (see link)... though I should admit I know nothing about the comic, and so didn't get any of the references the review makes mention of.
Sure hope nobody accuses me of 'shiling' because I linked to a site...
- [quote]Btw Stephen is straight. Sorry, bitches.
And, yet, not a single photo with a girlfriend or date on his Facebook pages or publicity photos.
She must be one of those shy, retiring types.
- He is such a queen.
- I liked Oliver, the male friend who I assume will become a baddie and his sister.
I was disappointed that Katie Cassidy was in this one. Seriously, is her famous dad involved with someone from CW? This girl has been bringing down shows since she appeared in Season 3 of Supernatural as the annoying Ruby. Every year she's in a different pilot/series that goes nowhere and she gets rehired for another show.
KC's character becomes a superhero in fishnets based on the comics. It will be like having to deal with Lana Lang from Smallville. Oh well, nothing to be done but FF her scenes.
- Just watched it
The pilot looked great, but pilots often do because they spend a little more money and put in some extra effort to sell their show. Hopefully it will maintain the 'expensive' look.
The story seems pretty interesting, or at least they way they are keeping so much a mystery has me intrigued. Since I'm not familiar with the comic at all, I'll be curious to learn about what happened to Queen on the island.
I like the girl that plays his little sister. I don't care so much for the guy that plays his buddy (and future nemesis?).
And the Katie Cassidy that is getting grief in other posts on here - I don't think I've seen her in anything else (never watched Smallville) but she seemed OK as an actress. She's not very pretty so I'm assuming she doesn't get her roles based on looks. Maybe r77 is right.
The main reason I watched was because I became curious about Stephen Amell starting with his Comic-con appearance this summer. He's very nice looking and so far seems to be a capable enough actor to play mysterious and brooding adequately.
For now there was enough to like that I finally have a CW show programmed on my DVR.
- I just watched it on hulu and enjoyed it. Nothing earth shattering but it was a lot of fun. That wig that had him in during the flashbacks was horrid tho, seriously distracting bad.
I am intrigued enough to want to keep watching, it is a bit of an obvious Nolan Batman/Revenge hybrid but that is A-ok with me.
Curious to see how it will go once they continue the comic book legacy and there are tons of caped crusaders running, how that will change the tone of the show.
[quote]Btw Stephen is straight. Sorry, bitches.
Liking girls does not mean someone is straight, I have no idea what Stephen Amell's sexuality is, he chose not to say himself, but what about that interview precludes him being bisexual?
- Is the police detective forbidden to comb his hair?
- That and the constant stubble are the easy way to make it seem like he's so concerned with crime in his city and catching the new mysterious hooded figure that he can't be bothered with keeping up his appearance, r80.
Pics of John Barrowman as he'll appear when his episodes start airing in November. I'd like to have been a fly on the wall for the behind the scenes flirting between Barrowman and Amell.
- So this show is about pensions and businessmen? So boring. 2 Broke Girls already did this premise to death.
- Caught the second episode and continue to enjoy it. Still not sure where they're going to take Tommmy Merlyn's character (in the comics he's apparently a superpowered arch-rival, but the show seems to be avoiding the "superpower" route for now).
Was it just me, or did Oliver's younger sister (Thea?) lapse into a "Joisey" / Soprano's accent when she was talking to him in front of the graves? It was a little weird, since the family's supposed to be so WASPy.
Not sure that I see much chemistry between Oliver and the Katie Cassidy character (Laurel?) - at the moment, she's a bit too shrill and he's a bit too meek around her.
I'm liking the bodyguard and the relationship he's beginning to develop with Oliver. And I'm interested to see what was on the island.
- Just finished the second episode, it is playing a little too much like the tv show Revenge for my tastes. I'm going to stick with it, but I think "Smallville's" version of Oliver has sort of tainted this version for me.
- Just caught up with the new episode. Yahoo for John Barrowman showing up. Looks like he plays a baddie which could be fun.
I'm glad Oliver finally revealed himself to someone - the bodyguard. And it seemed like maybe Laurel figured out who he is during the prison riot, but maybe not.
Why would the mom have that secret warehouse with the wreckage of the boat hidden there?
- Ben Browder is joining the cast later this season. I haven't seen him on anything recently, but I have always really thought he's hot.
- I'm impressed with the pacing of the show and how quickly they're moving through plot developments that would drag out over an entire season (or two or three) on other shows - Walter discovering the boat and deciding to leave, Oliver being identified and arrested as the Green Arrow, bodyguard discovering his secret, etc.
Still not feeling the relationship between Oliver and Laurel - he's always so guilty and sad around her with his puppy dog eyes, and can never relax and have fun around her because he knows he's lying to her, so it's hard to figure out why he still carries a torch - but after seeing her kick ass at the prison, I can see why they chose the actress. I'm beginning to like her character more, just not as a love interest.
"The island" backstory is actually getting to be pretty interesting too. Hope they can keep up the pace.
- I wonder where they are going with the female technician? She popped up a couple of times now and always acts socially awkward while delivering the results.
I also wonder if the show will ever address how the lead applies the mask make up on his face?
- I love the little snippets of DC Comics lore that pop up in this: mentions of Bludhaven, Felicity Smoak (who, in the comics, was Firestorm's stepmother), obscure characters like China White, etc. Every episode there's been at least one throwaway line or character name that's a DC easter egg.
- Anyone else hear that Stephen Amell is into crossdressing?
Not Eddie Murphy
- Thanks, R86. Browder's ass is reason enough to watch the show.
- More potentially interesting casting announced.
Colton Haynes (who quit MTV's Teen Wolf) has been cast as Roy Harper (aka Speedy).
Colton is one of those actors that has developed a cult-like following here on DL. I don't know if this is good or bad for the show.
- Last week Stephen tweeted that the National Post featured him as one of their 'Worthy 30' against his wishes.
He gave 3 reasons he didn't like that they did it.
1) He asked them not to.
2) He refused the request to do an interview.
3) He isn't single.
Of course I'm most curious about that last item. Anyone know who he might be involved with that takes him off the market?
- I saw that and wondered the same thing R93, he hasn't been pictured with a significant other or ever tweets or anything about her/him. Whatever the deal is he is obviously keeping it very underground. When he was on "Hung" he went to social events with Jonathan Bennett as his plus one.
- Reports from Toronto say he and Colin Donnell are thisclose offset.
Check out the first image when you google image search Amell and Colin....
- Here's the photo I was referring to
- Sorry - here's a good link to the photo I refer to.
Seems it was originally posted by Amell on his twitter and tumblr, but has since been taken down...
- My goodness! That pic is giving me the vapors!
- I thought Colin was supposed to be straight.
- At the start of the season Colin had been posting alot of pics of he and Stephen and posting pictures of himself at Stephen's place. I think he finally eased up when he realized fangirls weren't going to turn Tommy and Oliver or he and Stephen into the next shipping pair.
- I thought the same thing, I think they were trying to bait the slash fangirls when the show started but it just never really took off.
So I take it some people on the DL been watching the show? I thought it got better as it went on. The less it revolved around Oliver/Laurel and the more it became an ensemble show the stronger it got IMO.
- CW isn't officially on the homoerotic slash fic bandwagon.
They pretty much ignored the whole Wincest craze except mentioning it in an episode dealing with an alternative universe where the two brothers are ... actors in a show called Supernatural and do some research about the show and the fans it has.
Also no encouragement from Chace and 'Chuck Bass' Ed Westwick from Gossip Girl being roommates for, like, forever in the early seasons of the show.
Only MTV's Teen Wolf cast and creator are really heavy on embracing the whole slash fic thing for PR purposes.
- It is a great show, but there is some dialogue where you know he wants to say, "gurl" at the end of the sentence. It seems like it would be so natural.
- When Colin was on Broadway in "Anything Goes", both men and women were the lucky recipients of his big cock.
I guess now only Green Arrow gets that shaft.
- R102, why on earth SHOULD a network support any kind of slashfic written by obsessive fangurls?? It's just fucking BIZARRE, period.
- It's a weird show, since Green Arrow's MO (trick arrows) is so impractical, and because he also has about the weakest rogues' gallery of any DC comic book hero (though fortunately for the tone of this show very few of his villains have superpowers and are more hand-to-hand combatants or archers). I still can't get used to the hange from "Star City" to "Starling City"--I wonder why they made it.
The other change they made was to move him from being a rich orphan (like Batman) to having a billionaire living family--it makes the civilian life side of the show more like "Revenge" or "Gossip Girl."
- Umm R105, slash fangirls are often an obsessive and active group of fans that are good for PR. The "Sterek" fangirls are the best thing that ever happened to Teen Wolf have been huge in terms of its online profile and thus spreading the brand.
They don't have the rights to Batman which they would want to do so Green Arrow was the next best thing ( he has always been a bit of a Batman knockoff). The changes I think they made are smart, the family dynamic opens up a lot more storyline possibilities than him being an orphan and attacking corrupt rich people a la Revenge is "hot" right now.
- Colton Haynes AND Ben Bowder?!? Are they trying to make my crotch explode?!?
Jesus, the man candy...
- [quote]The "Sterek" fangirls are the best thing that ever happened to Teen Wolf have been huge in terms of its online profile and thus spreading the brand.
Please. A TINY fraction of its fan base is into slash.
- [quote]I still can't get used to the hange from "Star City" to "Starling City"--I wonder why they made it.
Maybe that was its original name in the comics? The only other reason I can think of is to further differentiate it with "Smallville," since the Oliver Queen on it was from Star City.
- R109= moron who has no idea how many straight girls are into it.
- R109 straight fangirls shipping male characters with each other is most of the reason that show is still around.
- Green Arrow did not become a major DC super hero until the 1970s. When the Justice League was created Green Arrow was left out, even though he had his own feature at the time. Only later was GA allowed into the Justice League.
- R110, The change from Star City to Starling was because the producers felt Star City felt too outlandish a name (though a guy who decides to don green leather and take on rich fat cats isn't) so to ground it in the reality of the show they changed it to Starling.
- I was at the Century City Center a few weeks ago. There were hundreds of posters and billboards of Steven Amell as Green Arrow everwhere. I couldn't believe how much they were pushing the show. I'm also seeing posters all over town and on buses. In 20 years, I've never seen the industry push a T.V. show more in L.A. I'm glad, as Stephen is one of the truly down to earth good guys. He deserves the success that is coming his way.
- Given that Green Arrow joined the Justice League in issue #4 (April 1961) he is close to an original member and was big before the 70's.
- The show is very poorly written. They should have bought a Canadian writer instead of a Canadian actor.
- It is a live action comic book show not "The Wire". I mean compared to the writing on Smallville this show is doing well for itself.
[quote]I couldn't believe how much they were pushing the show. I'm also seeing posters all over town and on buses
The CW did push this show HARD. It paid off for the though the ratings have been great by their standards. Glad to hear your opinion of Amell, I don't really have the highest opinion of his acting abilities whenever I see interviews with him he does come off as a genuine guy who feels truly lucky and happy to have the job he does.
- And he has a big cock!
- No he doesn't, but those abs are pretty damn sick
- Henry. And. Stephen. Can't. Breathe.
- Amell is hot but the costume designer needs to be replaced.
The clothes he wears make him look short and stocky, his suits are ugly, and they don't flatter his body enough.
- Amell is possibly getting married today?
His most recent tweet says something about how great his year has been and he's off to do something to make it even better. That could mean almost anything, but when you see a story like the attached, it makes me wonder.
- Caught up on the most recent episodes - while Helena was an interesting addition, and definitely a better counter-point than Laurel has been, ultimately I just couldn't buy her character motivations - "they killed my fiancee, so now I'm going to kill dozens of people, including innocents." Just a bit too psycho to be a convincing love interest (not that Green Arrow's justifications are necessarily that much better).
The episode before the most recent one was just a bit too heavy on the relationship drama (Tommy and Laurel, vs. Oliver and Helena), and I heard some grumbles from the straight comic geek crowd that the show was getting "too CW" for their tastes. But the most recent episode thankfully eased off it a bit.
And on the earlier discussion of slash fandom at R102 and R105 - slash fans are of course only a (vocal) minority of any show's total viewerbase, but they often help promote the show to friends and casual viewers and build word of mouth, and are much more likely to buy merchandise and DVD's, attend conventions, and show their support in other ways that help shows' popularity (similarly to how the niche straight male "geek" fandom helps promote blockbuster superhero or fantasy movies).
And slash fans of one show often belong to more than one fandom and bring in fans (and different demographics - especially women) from other shows - they've certainly brought more attention to Teen Wolf from the other major slash fandoms out there (Supernatural, Sherlock, Merlin, etc.)
- No word in the press about Amell's marriage, R123.
And the link doesn't say if he's marrying a man or a woman. Wouldn't it just be too much if he married a man - but then, he could have done that in Canada. There is no marriage equality in Puerto Rico...
- Sorry to break the news, but he just got married to a woman.
He's straight after all.
- What a waste.
- R127 I agree. My crush is over. No fun to crush on straight people, especially married ones.
- I wonder if Amell put a ring on it when he did because he wanted a reason to resist the ever increasing temptations on his show. The former Teen Wolf star Colton Haynes reported to the Arrow set this month.
- Never mind. From that wedding photo at the link, he has a wonky eye. So unattractive, it's a dealbreaker.
- I'm a couple or episodes behind on the show right now, so I'm not sure if either Ben Browder or Colton Haynes have shown up yet.
Amell tweeted that he'll be doing press in New York next Tuesday including a visit to Live with Kelly & Michael. Maybe that will be the first time he talks about getting married on Christmas.
I'm hoping he does Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen too. That seems like a show that he'd be comfortable on.
- But with both their wonky eyes, R131, how would they know where to look, or who's talking to whom?
- No sign of Colton yet... anyone know when he's supposed to make his debut?
- I have a wonky eye too, so we'd be great together! Just have to get rid of that wife...
- I don't think he's that great of an actor and "Arrow" is boring, but I watched just because he was cute. Now that he's married, I've lost interest and won't bother watching anymore. (Hey, if straight fangurls can stop being a fan over a gay actor when they come out, then I can stop being a fan when I find out an actor is straight and married.)
- It's a sham/beard marriage. The WB wants its male stars to be straight - just ask the Supernatural boys....
- Are the marriages still considered shams when they start having and raising children with their beards? That kind of sounds like your standard heterosexual family to me.
- [quote]Are the marriages still considered shams when they start having and raising children with their beards? That kind of sounds like your standard heterosexual family to me.
Are you sure about that?
- They sure didn't talk about much during the Live with Kelly & Michael show this morning. They didn't ask anything about his recent marriage, but he was wearing a wedding ring. It was kind of lame.
What other shows is he doing? He said it was a NYC press day, but that's the only program I've seen him scheduled for.
- Each episode of Arrow begins with a shirtless workout scene. It's in the contract.
- r33, WPIX-11 has been the Metro New York affiliate since the CW Network began in 2006.
- And the pre-arranged photo ops where the newlyweds pretend to be suprised seeing the cameras while out and about begins...
Same old story
- Still no sign of Colton Haynes...
- Amell posted some Twitter comments on the Chris Culliver (49ers cornerback who doesn't want any gays on his team) controversy this week.
[quote]I mean... Chris Culliver's probably gay, right? Good for him!!
[quote]His comments had a distinctive, "Rafael Palmeiro pointing his finger at congress for no reason whatsoever" kinda feel to them.
[quote]Either way... An active player in the NFL should take this opportunity to come out of the closet and publicly shame him. Moron.
He also apparently watched the Super Bowl at a party with Colton Haynes.
- A picture of Amell and Haynes:
- R145 LMAO at Colton trying to look butch, yet he forgot to take off the eyeliner!
- Colton and Amell together - no wife in sight.
You bet this was a CW-arranged beard marriage.
- Aren't any of friends with straight men? I don't know whether Amell is straight or gay, but I don't understand proclaiming him as gay and his marriage a sham just because he has a gay friend.
- Where's his gal pal Colin Donnell?
- Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Green Hornet.
- R149, doing impromptu song and dance numbers with John Barrowman to entertain the crew.
- The likeliest scenario is that Colin is jealous that Colton has taken his bro place in Stephen's heart, so he's cozying up to Barrowman as revenge.
- Are you retarded, R148? He did everything but come out on his own facebook page, people took that as him being gay, or at the very least bi. I'm going with bi, since his facebook page did include some pics with women. But what he's not is straight. So no.. he's not gay because he's hanging out with gay guys, this time we actually have a good reason to label him gay.
- What did Amell say at his Facebook page, r153?
- He was fucking with fans. He was not on the verge of coming out. He merely adopted the position that his relationship and his straightness was his business and no one else's.
- whatever makes you feel better, R155... but no.
- I love it that every time he gets into the hood as Arrow, he suddenly has that smoky eye makeup on to go with his scruff, and his voice drops an octave. So no one recognizes him. Oh, puh-leeze! MARY!
- That's Manu Bennett ... and it's actually spelled Crixus
He also plays "Azog" in the Hobbit movies.
- Arrow gets early renewal.
- Any report on Colton Haynes appearance in the episode tonight? I am a couple of episodes behind so I won't see it for a while.
- R161 Nope. I quit watching this shitty show after Stephen got married. Even though I thought it sucked, I watched it for Stephen, but now that he's married the fantasy is gone. I figure if straight women can lose interest when they find out an actor is gay, then I can lose interest when I find out an actor is straight!
- What about watching it for Collin Donnell. Perhaps he's gay.
- No "perhaps" about it, R163.
And there's out gay John Barrowman as his father...
- One thing is for sure: Stephen dances (if you can call it that) like a white guy...
- Colin Donnell is supposedly straight.
- I was hoping Ben Browder would be in more episodes - even though he looked less hot than the last time I saw him in anything.
- R165 great video of Stephen dancing front and center with his pants undone and his black CK boxerbriefs exposed to the world.
- R167, what did Browder's ass look like?
- I wonder when the DL weight brigade will start to pounce on Stephen as his body will not hold extra weight very well.
Stephen posted a pic of himself with Colton on set from earlier today.
- [quote]what did Browder's ass look like?
Unknown r169. They didn't film his scenes in any way that we could get a good look at his bod. The costume they gave him only helped to cover him up more.
But overall he definitely looked wider and softer than the Farscape and Stargate days. I'm sure his previously luscious ass is now thicker and doughier.
- Are they fucking, R170?
- Stephen is hot. Colin is hot. Colton is hot. The black dude aint bad too look at. I all goes in the spank bank.
- Colin is a straight Arrow!
- I'm seriously shocked that Amell is apparently straight. (I'm assuming that due to taking the POV that a guy of his generation is unlikely to actually go the whole hog and get married to prove "straightness" as opposed to just bearding, which obviously many still do.) I saw an interview with him as himself the other day (talking about his show), and he pinged to high heaven.
- R175 I know, I can't believe it either. I swore he was gay because he is always talking about gay stuff on Twitter. For example, I remember last summer he was even talking about how he was excited about going to Pride and during the Super Bowl, he was going off on those players from the 49'ers who had said anti-gay things.
If he really is straight, then he's one hell of an ally.
- I'd never seen that Colton Haynes act before this. He's no Daniel Day Lewis, but he sure seems like a more expressive and less stiff actor than Steven Amell. It seems kind of risky to cast an actor for the sidekick role that the audience might like more than the lead.
Even Steven's brother Robbie seems much more comfortable on screen (on that sort of awful 1600 Penn show) than his older brother.
- I don't watch the show so I don't know for sure but it looks like Stephen's body is less muscular and less defined than it was a year ago when promo pics came out for the first season.
- [quote]Even Steven's brother Robbie seems much more comfortable on screen (on that sort of awful 1600 Penn show) than his older brother.
I've seen a lot of articles referring to Robbie as Stephen's brother, but they're cousins.
Robbie has his own potential CW show: he was cast in the pilot for their remake of "The Tomorrow People"
I'm trying to adapt to Stephen. His stiff delivery doesn't bother me as much as his stumpy build.
- Good that Robbie's finding more work, since 1600 PENN is cancelled.
I agree, R179, Stephen looks so stumpy (esp. when he's not in his Arrow costume) - you'd think they could photograph him better (not to mention dress him better). I do love his smoky eye, however...
- [quote]I've seen a lot of articles referring to Robbie as Stephen's brother, but they're cousins.
Thanks for the correction, r179. I must have gotten the idea they are brothers from reading some of that misinformation.
- "I've seen a lot of articles referring to Robbie as Stephen's brother, but they're cousins."
Delightful! Now I don't have to feel immoral when I fantasize about them sucking each other's huge tits.
- Was there a new episode of Arrow on tonight?
There's nothing on my DVR...
- Yes, you missed it.
It was fantastic!
Another person learned of Ollie's secret.
- Fuck! I wonder why my DVR didn't record it? In fact, I remember getting home late and seeing the record light on... but ... there's nothing there now.
Dammit. I hope I can watch it online...
- The cop played by Janina Gavankar is also a singer! I was skimming Imdb news section for Arrow and came across it by chance. Her song is called, "Waiting for Godot" (a play by the same title reveals it's about two people who endlessly wait for a person named "Godot"). Beautiful song! nice visuals!
- R186 She sounds lovely! Thanks
- R162, I feel the same way you do about Stephen. I thought he was gay as well due to the amount of pro-gay tweets, so when I found out that not only is he not gay but that he's married, I was crushed. Not that I would've had a chance with him if he was gay, but a guy can dream, can't he?
- Is this anything like the current comic?
- R185, there are tons of links to watch or download. Google is your friend.
- Isn't the point of having a secret identity keeping it, you know, SECRET? How many people is Ollie going to tell?
- At this point Oliver might as well reveal his identity to his facebook friends.
- How many men look that good with obvious (but well done) eye makeup?
- When I saw the recap at the beginning of the latest episode I thought at first that I missed an episode or two. What was the deal about Malcolm having an alter ego as well (black arrow)? Was that the attempt to frame the Vigilante for something? And then at the end it's about John and the hired killer having a past (the guy killed John's brother) was that part of a story in a previous episode?
- Cool to see Alex Kingston on TV again.
- Yeah, for a quick second when I read Alex Kingston's name in the credits I was hoping for her to greet John Barrowman's character with 'hello sweety!'.
- R193 Ditto! He looks hot!
- Melody Pond.
- It's just an absolutely horrible show, other than the eye candy. Stephen is a terrible actor. I thought he was very brave, with that announcement on his Facebook page in which virtually outed himself. Then, suddenly, he's just gotten married to a contestant on that stupid model show. I mean, he could give Luke Evans lessons. I still don't understand the point to it. None of his fans cared that he was gay, they all reacted well to his hint about being gay. So what's the point?
- R199 Perhaps he has close friends who are gay so he was showing his support. And if anything his marriage to Cassandra Jean has hurt him slightly (in that now some people are turned off because he's not "available"). He didn't need to prove anything, he got married because he loved her. Sorry you're bent out of shape over it all, but life goes on.
- Dont you just love posts like R200?
He *loves* her so, of course, he married her.
- R201 I see both of the points being made. The only two people who really know the answer to a question of "love" is both involved parties (in this case, Stephen & his wife).
As for my opinion on if I doubt their marriage? I don't, but I can understand why some would.
- There's Colin Donnell, but he's 100% straight.
- And there's Will Smith. He's as straight as they cum ... I mean, come.
- lmao. I see the Colin Donnell is 100% straight troll is back! Missed you R203
- It would be a blast to get John Barrowman drunk and have him spill all that he knows about the gays he works with on that program.
- Colin Donnell's back -- and front are 100% straight,
- Colin Donnell goes straight - to the nearest gay bar...
- R199 I completely agree. The minute you think someone's going to have the guts to quit playing the bearding game, the give in just like all the other closet cases.
And yes, he is a very shitty actor.
- R209 You seem angry.
Anger is a defense mechanism that protects us from threat or fear of rejection, isolation, loss of control, failure, the unknown and/or death.
Get well. Peace & love.
- R209 Yes, I am angry about all the bearding shit that is STILL going on in 2013.
- Why won't anyone believe that Colin Donnell is 100% straight?
- The problem with how Amell played it is he purposely made people think he might be gay...then got married to a woman. It was poor form. If you are straight, just say you are straight. I get why he might want to esoterically say it shouldn't matter...but it does, and you shouldn't allow gay fans to believe you are gay if it isn't true.
I would disagree he is a shitty actor though. I thought the same thing for the first half of the season, but the past handful of eps he seems to have finally found the character. I've been surprisingly impressed with his performance recently.
- I really hate all the flashbacks to the island every week. Is that really necessary? We KNOW he survived, so every scene of him being tortured or threatened with death is absurd.
I do love his smoky eye makeup as the Arrow. And how does he lower his voice so he sounds so macho?
- No one ever thought Colin Donnell was gay.
That's because he's 100% straight!
- R216 why do you keep posting that? You posted R203 R207 R212 and now again with R216
I think people would let it go, but you keep bringing his sexuality back up.
- I'm enjoying the new comic FWIW.
- It shows how he became the bad-ass fighter he became, R215.
He had to get his training and survivor ethics from somewhere.
It hardened him up.
I think they are very interesting. That Australian is a total hottie.
- Also, that's probably a voice-modulator of some sort.
They showed him turning it off when he was talking to his best friend when they were up in the penthouse. So he could recognize who he was.
- R210...you seem like a silly frau with untreated mental illness. Your passive-aggressive post is far more indicative of a person who could use some help. Anger is an appropriate reaction to closet-cases, dear. Just as you presumably get angry when someone refers to you as a cunt. Which I certainly would never do! Peace and love to you always.
- R217...get OFF the GAY gossip board, cunt!
- Amell did a bit for TV Guide where they asked him to ID the abs of the stars of other CW programs without seeing their faces.
Of course he aced it, but he says "I'm not sure how well I want to do in this."
Is that a homophobic thing to say? Either way, it seems like a reversal of the way he was comfortable teasing with his sexuality last year - before Arrow premiered.
- R223 It's amazing to me how pro-gay he was last year and didn't care how gay he sounded (I remember one tweet where he said how excited he was about going to Pride), and now all of the sudden after this marriage, he now is saying things like, "I'm not sure how well I want to do in this." What a 180 he's done.
- The show got really boring fast. I'll tune in when Black Canary appears. She was the only thing that made GA interesting.
- Hot. Hot. Hot.
- Great full-page shirtless shots of Amell in the new issue of EW, on newsstands now.
- [quote]Great full-page shirtless shots of Amell in the new issue of EW, on newsstands now.
Not interested now that he's married.
Fantasy is gone
- Are you really looking forward to the Black Canary? Assuming it is going to be Katie Cassidy I am dreading that. Though maybe she will do a better job playing a superhero than she does just playing Laurel.
Also I've come to like this show a lot. For the first half of the season it was alright but the recent run of episodes I've think have become a good little show.
- Amell posted a supportive statement about marriage equality on his Facebook.
I kind of wish he would have left off the comment about the gays he knows being good decorators.
- I rolled by eyes at that line too R230, it was a nice and simple message that did not need a stupid fratboy stereotype to go with it. Almost seemed added on to emphasize his own straightness.
- R231 I get so sick of the cliched stereotypes about gays being great decorators, having great fashion, being great hairdressers, being great make up artists, etc.
- No Twitter message necessary from Colin Donnell since he's 100% straight and the world knows it.
- Colin was actually tweeting a lot about same-sex marriage the past few days, r233.
- Colin Donnell is gay-friendly and 100% straight.
- We have no idea yet if Laurel is destined to be Black Canary.
I'm guessing her sister Sara will return from the dead as Black Canary, complete with some result of her accident that will be a Canary cry of some kind.
- What is with the Colin Donnel is straight troll R235/R233/R216 ? Seems so random and not actually funny.
- orgot to say, I agree: the show has gone down-hill since that shattering cliffhanger weeks ago in which Arrow confronted his mother with a "You failed this city." Upon its return from that great moment, the show has been dull.
- Anyone else hoping that for the season finale they kill off Ollie's sister and Laurel's dad?
- This thread was closed for a few weeks, but seems to be available again.
Amell is supposed to be on Jay Leno tonight.
- Amell might be on Leno, but he'd never be on Colin Donnell because Colin is VERY straight.
- [quote]Amell is supposed to be on Jay Leno tonight.
Who cares? Nobody's interested now that he's married and we know he's straight.
- He's not straight. He's closeted. Big difference.
- Which one, r243?
Stephen Amell or Colin Donnell?
- Both. Clearly. That show is gay, gay, gay. But of course Amell is campaigning hard to be in Fifty Shade of Gray, so he HAS to be "straight".
- It's a shame Mr. Arnell as an actor can't relate to other actors in a scene.
- One time a few weeks ago the TV was on and I glanced up to see what I was watching, and I thought it was some sort of commercial for a luxury car or a perfume or something like that. It never seemed to end. Then I realized I was actually watching an episode of "Arrow"--it was a long scene with the Queen family at some fancy party.
- He's not closeted. Yawn. If anything he's one of the most vocally pro-gay straight celebrities out there.
- Please, let him be one of our gays!
- Colin Donnell is definitely NOT one of us gays!
- Colin Donnell is the type of guy who is gay but will be the last one to know it.
- Colin Donnell is as straight as they come.
- Me too! (wink)
- In this pic, he actually looks just a little like a gay porn star from machofucker studios... they could be brothers
- Colin Donnell has got some great stage credits on his resume... is he in Arrow just for the cash?
It seems he was definitely employable in NYC.
Do you think he and John Barrowman are entertaining the Arrow cast with song and dance renditions?
He's a good looking man... any shirtless pics available?
- Before the show started, I thought the backstory part of the saga was going to be really interesting and possibly be the best part of the show.
But instead I've realized that I pretty much tune out when they flash to what happened on the island. They are stretching it out too long and making it almost irrelevant to me. They play the tense music when a clue is presented as to something that has made Oliver the way he is now, but it feels like manufactured impact.
That stupid wig he wears doesn't help. Also Amell not being a great actor doesn't help. At least in the modern day story he is surrounded by more interesting actors, but everyone on the island is a dud.
- Saw him interviewed on the late night shows. Wow! Some major purse dropping.
- Wow I completely disagree R256. At first I hated the Island flashbacks but now I think they are a great part of the show and when Amell does some of his best acting.
I was sad they killed off the assassin (Gunn!), in last nights episode. Dude had way more screen presence than a lot of the villains of the week.
- Did anyone see Amell's interview on Jay Leno?
- Anyone see any photos of Steve Amell's feet or Colin Donnell's very straight feet?
- LOVED the quip about dying her hair ... "I keep [italic]YOUR[/italic] secrets!!"
And Colton sure seems to have a crush on that Arrow guy, doesn't he? Nice that his girlfriend seems to be okay with his obsessing about another male...
- R258, the only better villain is the "Vertigo" guy (from "FRINGE"!!!) ... he was absolutely awesome. I wish he weren't essentially 'gone' now. I'd love him to be a recurring character.
- 248...Hi PR person!
- I can't help it. The show is crap, but I love it anyway.
- I only watch it for the Stephen Amell, shirtless workout scenes.
- R265 Amell is OK, but what about "Tommy" and "Roy" and the Aussie on the island? all very hot men, well worth watching on my TV.
- The Aussie on the island was on "Spartacus" and was full frontal nude in at least one scene.
Tonight's episode was good...
- *** SPOILER ***
Wow, did not expect that right there at the end! Now another person knows "The Hood's" identity. The worst possible person.
And only one episode left? Wow... that went fast!
- I can't believe Oliver was bested by that older man. I love John B in anything but I'm having a hard time believing him in this role. He is soft and delicate. Not really all that buff.
- Colton was almost in orgasm when his character officially met Oliver for the first time in this week's episode. I'm sure Colton had plenty of masturbatory fantasies after that day on the set.
- Colton doesn't need to masturbate. He can have anyone at any time.
- Hard to believe, but with all the handsome guys around, Collin Donnell is still 100% straight! And don't forget it!
- Agreed R269. Not believable at all. JB of all people knocked him out? cmon.
- 273, you do GET that this guy is the black arrow guy, right? He's not just some "older man", he's incredibly accomplished at taking out people.
- He's Merlin, not the black arrow.
Is he believable as Merlin? Well, if all the other queens can be believable as Green Arrow, Speedy, etc, then I don't see the problem. It's like a superhero play on a gay cruise.
- He's the guy in the black cape shooting all the other guys with arrows. He was able to catch the arrow that The Green Arrow shot straight at his heart. Come on.
- lmao R275. Love the casting (except for useless Tommy & Laurel). Hopefully Season 2 features Colton more.
- Tommy isn't useless. he's pretty. i'd love to see more of him and Amell hugging it out.
- John Barrowman was on the 5/11/13 episode of Scandal on ABC.
He played a handler/fixer for Mellie, the president's wife.
Do you think that means his character will be killed off in the season finale of Arrow?
BTW - if there pics of Tommy shirtless, please let me know where they can be found.
- DAMMIT! i hated the ending tonight!
- That was an awesome season finale!!!
- I wonder how many takes Barrowman needed for the scene with Amell chained up shirtless in front of him?
- Does a character played by a gay actor die?
- my fake boyfriend died! not fair!
- Will Colin and his hairy back be coming back to the lights of B*R*O*A*D*W*A*Y?
- This was a really good episode, I used to just look at this show as cheesy entertainment that had Amell's abs as eye candy but surprised at how invested I am now. Though I still appreciate the eye candy, sure that was a fun scene to shot for Barrowman.
Also have to give the man props. I always thought he could really only do jovial stuff well but we was damn good bringing the intense crazy, believably scary. Have more respect for him as an actor now.
- The fate of the Barrowman character is unknown, right? I don't get what happened with him. Oliver told Tommy that he didn't kill him, which is probably true since he only looked severly wounded after the fight, but maybe not.
But the last time we saw him was when he was face down on the roof of the building announcing that he planted a redundant machine. After the commercial break they showed Oliver and Diggle arm-in-arm watching parts of the city collapsing from that same rooftop. Olly bolted to rescue Laurel, so I'm assuming Diggle stayed to make sure Dark Hood is either dead or taken into custody? But lots could go wrong with that idea since Diggle was injured too.
So unless I missed something, Barrowman could possibly return to the show. On the other hand, Donnell...
- The departing actor posted this short video tonight to thank the fans of the show...
- Love this show and what an awesome finale! Sorry to see Tommy go though. I liked him.
- The fates of both the father and son are up in the air and will, no doubt, depend on contract negotiations. They could have Tommy survive the impalement.
Does it bother anyone else that when the police department sends in a small swat team to capture the most dangerous criminal in the city and he kills them all, there are no other cops in the neighborhood? No back up. No response to "officer down!" The dead cops just lie there while the characters continue with their drama. This has happened several times on this show. Lazy writing.
- Cheesiest show on tv, with some incredibly bad acting. Anyone who tries to make this about something more than abs and camp is nuts. The fun of this show is in how hammy it is.
- It is hammy, but it's all fun. Reminds me of a male Xena. I actually like Oliver Queen much more than I've ever liked batman. I think the acting is over the top, but in a good way. The chick who plays the tech is great and so is the dude playing Tommy.
And nothing wrong with eye candy of Amell!
- EW Magazine has a short interview about the finale with exec. producer Marc Guggenheim.
When asked if Malcolm is actually dead, his response is "Well it certainly looks that way."
Not exactly a definitive answer. That's consistent with the way the show was edited though because it left viewers speculating as to the fate of Dark Hood.
- On the other hand Colton's tweets indicate the cast believes Tommy is dead.
- The most disappointing aspect of the finale for me was that Laurel, who is presumably going to become the truly kick-ass Black Canary at some point in the future, was shown as the helpless damsel in distress.
- Actually, r292, I like the fact that the show is not as reliant on comic book action as it is on character. Shows usually focus more on character's inner turmoils or family politics. The show isn't Shakespeare, but then again, without its poetry, Shakespeare is actually just plot-driven kitsch.
- Tommy was hot. Couldn't he have had an extended nude workout scene or something before being killed off?
- We could have Tommy in a flashback, to show us when he and Oliver had a bi-curious experience together.
We can dream
- I hope Colton and "The Hood" get together next season and spend a lot of male-bonding time.
- I'm in love with Stephen Amell.
- Yes I would love for Stephen to blow a big load on my face!
- If you've ever wondered what else Mr. Donnell can do... here he is, singing and performing in a recent NYC revival of Cole Porter's "Anything Goes".
He cleans up very nicely.
- Here's one more with Colin... a bit dressed down, looking incredibly sharp singing "It's DeLovely", also from the revival of "Anything Goes".
Go ahead boys and swoon.
- He must have learned that from his daddy.
- Colin's contract has not been renewed, and he's back in NYC. He'll be playing the lead this summer in the Shakespeare in the Park musicalization of LOVE'S LABOURS LOST.
After that, he's said he didn't enjoy his TV experience (despite getting fucked by both Amell and Barrowman) and is looking to return to the stage.
- Either Mr. Paige is a very tiny woman or Barrowman is large man (in height you pigs).
I'd love to read the interview with Colin where he talks about fucking on the set of Arrow!
Colin on stage outdoors this summer in NYC? Sounds like a good reason to get to the city.
- r307 on twitter he seems joined at the hip with gf zelda williams. Is she bearding?
- R301 Why are you in love with a married man?
- Here's the question from the set of Arrow... did Barrowman and Donnell ever duet on Cole Porter's ditty, "You're the Top" for cast and crew?
And if so, who was the top?
- Elaine Paige is famously tiny, r308 (4'11").
- Colin is the type of guy who is gay but will be the last one to know it, if you know what I mean.
- Looks like he's straight after all - he's going to be a father.
- Sorry, Guys, but Colin Donnell is 100% STRAIGHT!
- He just cannot seem to stop mentioning his gf on twitter. R315
So Tommy will not be back for s2? Damn you CW!
- And you're the very guy to prove it r315.
- Idiots at R315/R316/R317 - this thread is about Stephen, not Colin.
And if you read the link at R314, you'd see that Stephen and his wife are having a baby, which means he's straight.
- Who made you hall monitor r318? So in the same tone as your post fuck off.
- Somebody must have knocked up Amell's wife, so they are announcing that she's going to have a baby. Actually, they aren't announcing it. It looks like whoever they assign to "leak" information to JustJared is providing the appropriate PR push.
Maybe he was just being a nice friend when he married her at Christmas so that she could save face to her family.
I wonder who the father is.
- R320 Oh, please. He's a barely known star on a CW show. Only an A-lister or someone on the brink of being on the A-list would go to those lengths to fake something like that. Look, I wanted him to be gay as much as the next person, but it looks like he is indeed straight.
I do agree however that his PR people leak this shit for publicity.
- Amell is showing off a little bit of a bulge a couple of seconds into this Vine clip.
- Whoah. Thanks, R322. Off to fap now...
- Expecting first kid with wife.
- I had a friend who was horny as fuck all the time after he knocked up his wife. For several months, he tried his darndest to knock me up too. Fun times! :-)
- OMG, he's fucking GORGEOUS without those annoyingly detracting Arrow scars!
- Wow, he looks hot! Thanks, r325. Is that a scene from Green Arrow?
- he is hot as hell
too bad he married that troll
- 323...of course! What's the point of bearding if you aren't going to go all the way with it.
- I think so, R326. Here are some more from that scene.
- Here's some nice shots of his ass from his Dante's Cove days.
- And I don't know where this virtual dick-slip shot is from, but...holy fuck! I can almost smell his musky balls and taint!
- Thanks, r329-331. Those are all really hot pics!
- Whatever happened to the guy with the yellow skin?
- r321 that clip is gone...?
- Robbie Amell - Stephen's cute YOUNGER cousin (Robbie likes to stress that a lot)
- NICE ASS!
- Sexy (& humorous) montage
- Stephen vs. Robbie. Yum!
- Can't wait for the season 2 to start.
- Yes, Stephen has a great ass, although the rest of him is pretty hot as well!
- He's a little on the short side for my taste.
- Robbie has gay voice, gay face, gay name, and gay sitting posture.
- season 1 recap show next Wed (10/2), and then new season starts 10/9.
- Stephen Amell and I have a mutual friend. Friend is a gay man and Stephen is always very sweet to him, and is much smarter than your average assembly line CW pretty face. Friend says Stephen does ping a little to him, is very physically affectionate with him despite knowing he's gay, not in a bro way, but lots of hugs and touches. Friend was surprised to hear that Stephen married a woman. Apparently he either kept the courtship under wraps even to his friends for a long time, or the gf came out of nowhere.
He also says that Stephen has an incredible memory - remembers faces and names and corresponding factoids about everyone he meets and is rumored to memorize whole scripts in a day. Friend says Stephen has a big personality and lots of charm, and knows it and works it.
- Plus he has a really big bulge.
- Thanks for sharing that R344.
Amell made his first appearances on "Queer as Folk" and "Dante's Cove" and was(is?) good friends with Jonathan Bennett.
He is obviously at the very least quite comfortable with gay men. I still question whether he is completely straight, the way he had that big fb post being vague about his sexuality was unusual.
- However, Collin Donnell is 100% straight.
- Interesting snippet, r344.
I wouldn't be surprised if Stephen's in the closet.
CW - the Bearding Network.
- There's also the fact that Amell virtually came out on his FB page, at one point, by saying that he wouldn't declare his sexual orientation because of small minded people. Then, suddenly, he's married to a woman. He'd never mentioned her before, there were no pics of her on his FB page (and she was a "Top Model" contestant, so it wasn't like she was private). He had posted pics of himself with a male friend that looked like it might be his boyfriend.
It's clear he was forced to beard up.
- r342 Robbie does not have gayface. He's just pretty.
- Collin Donnell does NOT have gay face either.
- I don't give a flouncing fluck about gayface. I want to know whether Stephen has gayhole or not!
- Yes, he does, r351.
- I've also heard that they're quietly writing off Katie Cassidy's character. She's incredibly rude and universally disliked on that set. Now that Colin Donnell has been killed off and there's no contrived love triangle, and Stephen likes working with the actress who plays Felicity much more, Katie's role has become obsolete.
- I'm so disappointed that Colin's character was killed off last season. I really enjoyed his character's story throughout the season and wanted to know how Tommy would deal with learning his father was Arrow's nemesis and was behind the plans to destroy the Glades with an earthquake.
I'll check the new season of Arrow, but I'm not thrilled with the end of season developments.
- R355 i'm with you on the killing off of Tommy. he had become my favorite character.... but there is still a bunch of hotties to keep me coming back. maybe i can find a new "favorite". the Aussie on the island is damn hot too.
- R354, does that mean there won't be a Black Canary?
- R354 I have no idea. The actress playing the Huntress was weak, but she at least wasn't an on-set problem. Katie definitely is.
- They are introducing a black canary this season who is Laurels sister that was thought dead. If she is a hit I wouldn't be surprised if Laurel is written off somehow. Interesting to hear Katie isn't well liked on set, all I know is what I've seen on the show and I wouldn't be sad for the loss.
I liked Tommy but I get why he was killed off, his character had nowhere and they needed less regulars to make room for new characters.
- [quote]I liked Tommy but I get why he was killed off, his character had nowhere and they needed less regulars to make room for new characters.
There aren't enough [italic]Oh Dears[/italic] to handle all the grammatical problems with that sentence.
- r354, anything more you can tell us about Katie Cassidy?
- [quote]There's also the fact that Amell virtually came out on his FB page, at one point, by saying that he wouldn't declare his sexual orientation because of small minded people. Then, suddenly, he's married to a woman. He'd never mentioned her before, there were no pics of her on his FB page (and she was a "Top Model" contestant, so it wasn't like she was private). He had posted pics of himself with a male friend that looked like it might be his boyfriend.
Except that she'd been posting pictures of the two of them on Instagram for almost two years.
So I guess they planned the whole bearding things years ago and he just spent all of his time with her in preparation for the big scam.
- It still doesn't mean that Cassandra Jean is not a beard, r362, that she in't a beard now and that SA isn't bearding.
He's an actor.
Cassandra posting pictures of the two of them on Instagram is one of the duties of a beard.
- R362= frau.
The closet is a phenomenon that breeders like you can't understand.
Funny, she'd been posting pics for two years and yet no one knew they were dating. Interesting. I guess it's just easier to make stuff up.
- R363= BINGO. But you can't explain these things to fraus. They insisted to the very end that Wentworth Miller was straight, and that he and Luke McFarlane had only been friends.
- R354, I haven't heard anything bad about Katie Cassidy (other than when she was busted for a DUI a few years ago and she told the cops she was someone else--another actress) but I figured she was in her way out when Tommy was being marginalized and when Felicity came aboard. Now she won't even be Black Canary. She has no purpose on the show.
- I am R363. I also happen to be a frau, lol - a fat frau who knows closeted actors beard and some who take it to such extremes that they marry and even have kids.
- Keep in mind we'll be starting a new thread for the show's premiere...
- So tiresome.
Amell isn't gay.
- And, of course, Colin Donnell is 100% straight.
- r369 - big old fucking PR intern
- I actually don't think he's gay, but I think he's totally cool with gay guys, very supportive, and totally friendly.
- [quote][R369] - big old fucking PR intern
Always a pleasure to hear from yet another arriviste cunt who, having nothing but secondhand gossip, insists that no one else could possibly be directly in the know.
Far too many of you gnats buzzing around here.
- Amell's wife is preggers, so I'm guessing he's bi leaning toward straight right now.
Colin Donnell, OTOH, fucked about a dozen chorus boys this summer when he got back to NYC.
- r360 - the post did feature some grammatical errors but in that particular sentence regular was used as a noun. As in a regular - a recurring or supporting character/actor in a television show. So I believe "less regulars" was right although I'm happy to be proven wrong.
- [quote]Stephen Amell is the new Green Arrow!
How much dick did he have to suck to get the role?
- Just my dick, R376
- Here's the thing...an actor who is pro-gay says, "I'm straight, but I support gay rights 100 percent, have gay friends, and couldn't care less if people think I'm gay."
A closet case says "I'm not discussing my sexuality".
- r373, so you're an "in the know", are you?
How do you know that what you "know" is wrong?
The closet is real. Because an actor is married and has kids does not mean is not gay.
Nor does it mean he is bi.
Stephen Amell could well be a closet case.
- * isn't wrong
- Does he have gayface or not? No gayface, not gay.
- [quote]So I believe "less regulars" was right although I'm happy to be proven wrong.
"Regulars" are countable... you have "fewer regulars". Not less.
- "I'm not discussing my sexuality" used to just mean 'gay', now it can also mean 'courting the gays'.
- R383, true. And I hate it.
Now, I can't tell when someone says that if he's really gay or if he's trying to build his fan base.
- he looks straight to me.
- he's look ever straighter in my bed.... straight up hard on.
- r382- Well I'll be darned you are correct. Thanks for teaching this Grammar Mary a new lesson.
- Is that new Robbie Amell show supposed to be any good?
I don't know much about it. It the story or origin somehow connected to Arrow, or are they just tied (sort of) because they are promoting Wednesday being "Amell Guys" night on CW?
I'm planning to check it out tomorrow either way, but I don't have any expectations since I'm not even sure what it's about.
- R388, it is a remake of the old British show, The Tomorrow People.
I used to watch TTP on Nickelodeon back in the early 80s when I was a kid and loved it.
Young people have special powers and use "jaunting belts" (later wrist watches) to teleport all across London.
- Amell Wed. tonight 8 and 9 p.m. (7 and 8 central)
- but what about Colton Haynes???????????
- Donnell and Amell seem kind of chummy
- [R. 392.] The photo looks as if Amell is after Donnell, which is probably right, because Colin Donenell is 100% straight.
- So far so good!
- That picture was from season one of Arrow where Colin would take every opportunity to tweet about Stephen and play up a "bromance" as a way to court fans to the show.
- glad the show is back, but damn! i miss Tommy.
- No, seriously, who is that dude Colton Hayes supposed to be? Who is the character he plays?
- Roy Harper is a fictional superhero in the DC Comics Universe. The character first appeared as Speedy, Green Arrow's teenage sidekick, in More Fun Comics #73 (November 1941) by which he was known for over fifty years. The character's modern-day version was an early member of the Teen Titans who later assumed the identity Arsenal in The New Titans #99 (July 1993), and became a member of the Justice League of America under the guise Red Arrow in Kingdom Come #2 (June 1996) and/or Justice League of America (vol. 2) #7 (May 2007).
- R397, Colton plays Roy Harper who, in the comics was Oliver's first sidekick/ward. He was named Speedy, then changed it to Red Arrow.
- Thanks guys.
What. The. Fuck. Did Katie Cassidy do to her face??
- Colton is nowhere near a good enough actor to portray a convincing heterosexual. He and Thea need to be split up immediately.
Stephen looked great tonight. As long as the facial hair is kept in check, he is one sexy man and this show is all the more entertaining in the process.
The way to build a gay fan-base is to say your straight, but support gay rights 100 percent. Ambiguity is what closet cases do.
- The Cousin Arnell's show, The Tomorrow People, was very, very good. Much better than that overhyped S.H.I.E.L.D. shit on ABC. They possibly messed up by changing the back-story if one character, but, as a reboot, it was done very well and was very entertaining and tightly paced. And CousinArnell is a hottie.
- This season premiere was actually quite good. They figured out what was working near the end of last season and built along those lines. In addition they added in some humor which this show always needed.
Cool to see they have a real trajectory for Amell's character. Take him from a wreckless vigilante and slowly build him into a hero. His journey feels earned.
- Tomorrow people was great! I remember watching it on Nick as a kid.
- R493,The Tomorrow People was much better than Arrow and cousin Robbie can actually act.
I think Arrow is becoming too cluttered with DCU characters. Why bring on Deathstroke, Black Canary and Sin when the show still needs to build up the relationships and characterizations of their core cast.
- Is there a thread for The Tomorrow People?
I tried a search, but couldn't find one.
- where's the new thread? please link it. thanks
- All I want to see is he and Colton Haynes fucking.
- The ratings for the premiere were the same as when the show left off, it didn't pick up any new viewers.
- "Tomorrow People" thread:
- [quote]What. The. Fuck. Did Katie Cassidy do to her face??
I'm seriously starting to wonder if she's ill and on medication that is causing her to look like that. That isn't botched botox - that's facial edema. She's reminding me of Rachel Miner's instabloat right when she first was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in the middle of her first year run on Supernatural.
- I don't mind just as long they keep giving Oliver Queen shirtless hotness.
- Holy hell! Colton was flaming big time during that Roy and Oliver scene at the police station. If the fan girls can't recognize he's gay after that scene, then there is no hope for them. Oh, Haynes is one crappy actor. Good thing for him he's blowing the producer.
- Yeah, Colton is really one note. He's playing the same character really. He has ONE "anger face", and it's over-the-top.
But I still want to see Stephen Amell fuck him. Long and hard.
- How old is Cassidy?
Nah, R412, I don't think so. That stupid bitch done gone and had a facelift. Her face is pulled tight, which makes her chin pointier and more prominent.
- semi serious Q: if Ollie is busy running QE and having islaqnd flashbacks, when does he have time to R&D all those new arrows he had in the 2nd episode?
- He pays "the little people" to do that shit, R417
- If Colton is a bad actor, does that make it even more risky for him to come out?
- Colton does perfectly fine for the type of roles he is going for. This is the CW, not HBO.
The second episode actually pulled in better ratings than the premiere, which is nice to hear as I thought the premiere was really strong.
It's interesting to me how they are setting up Laurel as a bit of a antagonist so opposed to the idea of vigilantism. I can't see this character ever becoming the canary, which I am more than okay with, can't wait to explore the character they are bringing in to do that.
Diggle was great last night. It's impressive what Ramsey has done in what easily could be a very forgettable role.
- Felicity updated all his shit while he was on the island, didn't she?
Btw, horrible dress that she was wearing when they were at the office.
- wow R421 the fan boys on reddit were of a completely different thought on F and her dress. many, many comments on her clothes, and "dat ass".
- 420...the Black Canary should oppose pure vigilantism. She's more of a traditional hero.
- Felicity was such a bitch to her employer, Oliver. If I tread my boss the way she treats hers, I'd be out on the street on my ass in no time.
- I really didn't like her attitude in that scene at all. And I still think that dress was inapropriate.
- They want to make Olicity happen.
- They're trying to make Olicity happen because, as I said at R334 (I think that's where I put my intel anyway), Stephen enjoys working with that actress much more than he enjoys working with Katie Cassidy, who is miserable, and rumored among the cast and crew to be currently having some kind of drug-and/or-alcohol-induced breakdown and has turned into a recluse and a total nightmare for her fellow actors to deal with. Stephen is a very forthright person and isn't putting up with that bullshit in the slightest. They do not get along and don't enjoy working together. They've both complained to the producers.
They're not writing her out just yet, but her role is being significantly downsized this season and her role there is tenuous at best right now. Trust.
- Stephen welcomes his baby daughter Mavi. Congrats Stephen!
PS: Can I have some of your delicious baby gravy?
- I don't understand why gay men are drooling over a guy that's married and has a kid now. It all kind of kills any fantasy.
- They got married in December, publicly reminded everyone they were married in May and she got pregnant in February. Why, no, that doesn't sound carefully orchestrated at all.
- Pretty sure that Daily Mail story (linked at r428) has misidentified that photo with the baby.
They aren't looking at a scene from Arrow on the TV, that is a scene of Robbie in Tomorrow People.
No surprise that Daily Mail would get the facts wrong in an article though.
- R430 You're really reaching. He's always been VERY pro gay and outspoken about gay rights. I think if he was gay, he would've admitted it.
And lets say for arguments sake it is all "orchestrated". If so, that doesn't change the fact that he's now married an has a baby. Again, any fantasy is now kind of pointless.
- R432, I have actually repeatedly posted in this thread that I didn't think he was gay.
Being calculating, opportunistic and attention mongering doesn't necessarily equate being gay. I'm a lesbian so I couldn't care less what he sticks his dick into. But A+ assumptions there.
- What you are saying is no different than than a female saying she no longer thinks an actor is sexy just because he is gay. Think about your blatant hypocrisy.
I'm gay, but him being married with a kid does not change me being able to appreciate his abs and ass.
- Cassidy has always had those problems, though, right?
People have wondered why she left Supernatural as well.
How stupid can you be to throw away this opportunity?
I still think she completely fucked up her face.
Thanks for the info, R247.
- [quote] I think if he was gay, he would've admitted it.
I hate when people say things like that. It feels like a slap in the face to the very real pressure gay actors feel to not be out. There are tons of actors who would like being open but aren't willing to jeopardize their careers. Taking some (presumably) straight guy like Amell and saying he is gay friendly he would totally be out is insulting when you look at someone like Luke Evans struggle who even freely talked about how he could never imagine trying to hide his sexuality but then he got slapped in the face when going for roles in American movies and realized he too had to play the game.
- I hate when people write "admitted". Homosexuality is not something to admit.
- [quote]I hate when people write "admitted". Homosexuality is not something to admit.
Really? What planet are you on? If it's not something you admit, then why are so many people in the closet?
- If you don't understand the different connotation between "admit" and say, "reveal" or "acknowledge", then my point is clearly lost on you.
- I hope you are right. I like Felicity a whole lot better than Laurel. Felicity does not let him get away with any crap which Oliver needs. You know his comic book character was not the nicest person in the world. And I don't get Laurel's attitude about Arrow. Tommy died because she didn't have enough sense to do what everybody told her to do and stay the hell out of the Glades. So Tommy goes to find her and gets killed the earthquake. Why is that Arrow's fault? The way Tommy was killed Arrow could not have done a thing to help. So now she hates Arrow. I don't really care that she and Oliver ever get together, but since Felicity isn't even in the commic, they probably can't get together. I actually like the dress too.
- How des the cop not know who the Green Arrow is? He sees the people he is working with: Felicity and Diggs??
- R427, is the actress hired as Black Canary any good? She's gotta be better than Katie, right? If she works out well, Katie's probably a goner.
- R441, I thought the same thing. I was like, "WTF?"
- WTF! they set Slade on fire! DAMN! first they kill Tommy, my favorite character last season, and now Slade!
- She seemed pretty bad-ass.
They mentioned Ra's al ghul!!! Wow!
Who was the Asian supposed to be?
- R445 he was a messenger from the League of Assassins
- Oh, well, the way they did his reveal when he took off his mask and the ta-da!!!! music made it seem he would have been somebody important.
- Worry not, they signed him as a regular for this season, there is no way he is dead r447.
That chick playing Sin was awesome and intrigued by the Black Canary chick and I think the slow burn on her introduction was smart.
I also agree r441, he openly saw he was working with Felicity and Diggle. I couldn't believe they were so sloppy and I really kept waiting for Lance to tell Arrow he knew it was Oliver. I mean c'mon writers!
- Whose body would you rather have Stephen's or Jay Ryan's
- Ryan's abs
- 449 here oops. Trying again with the ass pics
- Stephen's, R449! Although, I certainly wouldn't roll over if Jay attempted to bugger me during a sleepover.
- I know, I think the writers on this thing are making it up as they go along. They have some interesting characters, with lots of potential, but the holes in the plotlines are big enough to swallow the Glades.
- I've heard from many many media people in LA that Jay Ryan is a vain, petulant, self-absorbed asshole and Kristin Kreuk hates him with a passion.
- [quote]know, I think the writers on this thing are making it up as they go along.
Psst...all television writers do this.
- Who the hell is Jay Ryan ???
- She's the blonde from Star Trek - the half Borg, right?
- R456--Jay Ryan is a Kiwi tv actor, probably their equivalent of Josh Hopkins.
- Well, okay, thanks, R458.
Is he in a tv show? Which one?
- Jay Ryan plays the titular Beast in "Beauty and the Beast," soon to be canceled on the CW.
- Thanks, again.
I hope they do cancel that piece of shit show. I despise Kruek. Wish she would go away forever.
- Kreuk can't act worth a damn, but she's an extraordinary beauty and by all accounts a very nice person. She's very close to the CW publicist for the show. She's not going anywhere. They'll likely find her another series for next year.
- So it looks like Cassidy's stretching has finally settled.
That girl in the boat didn't really look like the girl that is now Dinah, right?
I still have no idea what Glau is doing there. She adds nothing and really doesn't seem believable as an impresario, titan of industry.
- So who the hell is Brother Blood???
- Excellent episode again tonight. I love this show.
- Good episode. Caity Lotz performed admirably as the Black Canary, happy with the casting and cait wait to see more of her and her past with Oliver (tying them together to the Island is smart IMO, gives them more interesting history to explore).
I can't imagine removing her as the Black Canary to later but in Laurel, it would never work well and I think it is a terrible idea. Lotz IS the Black Canary, she works well with Oliver and should stay the Black Canary.
- Arrow beats Agents of Shield, hands down.
- Definitely agree R468, but Arrow is also much further along. SHIELD has had what, 4 episodes? Four episodes into Arrow Season 1 and it was pretty weak.
- He was just on CHELSEA LATELY. Man, what a butt!
- No argument.
- so, ollie shows ssara his "secret" lair, shows her all his gadgets, and then lets her just leave. WTF?
- Still weirded out by all of Ollie's cohorts just interacting with the police guy like that... how can the police guy NOT know that Ollie is The Hood/Vigilante?
- Who is she gonna tell? He has secrets, so does she.
She left town and will make occasional appearances.
Loved the line she said "you should be mindful of your surroundings"
Straight out of Batman!!!
- [quote]Who is she gonna tell? He has secrets, so does she.
well, maybe the League of Assassins?
- They are continuing their string of strong episodes. Thought when Arrow was telling Lance he has to keep Sara's secret I seriously kept expecting him to reply "I keep yours Oliver". With the Sara connection also I feel like he has had a lot of reason to connect Oliver to the Hood.
[quote]Loved the line she said "you should be mindful of your surroundings" Straight out of Batman!!!
Glad I'm not the only nerd that chuckled at that line.
- How many people know Oliver Queen's secret? It seems he is very indiscreet.
- [quote]How many people know Oliver Queen's secret? It seems he is very indiscreet.
how can any one discover his secret identity with that smear of eyeshadow completely changing his visage?
- Amell was adorable on Chelsea. So freaking cute.
- R471's link is described as "forbidden!"
- R480, copy the link, then paste into a new browser window, and you can see it.
- oh oh, Ollie knows Fil wants him!
- Good episode this past week, though it pretty convincingly showed Laurel is completely unnecessary as a character in the show.
Also, David Ramsey's body is ridiculous.
- loved Dig's body. but was sad that Ollie's tryst was so quick we didn't even see him take off or put on a shirt.
- I think you mean beefcake.
- Replace Summer Glau with Colton Haynes and it would've been hot.
- another fun ep tonight. but come on, that trial lasted 1 week? please!
- Tonight's episode was a SHOCKER!!!
- Yay John Barrowman!!
- now if they will just bring Tommy back.... the Lazarus pit should work for him too.
- Here's what I hate: The villain with "Vertigo" is the best villain they've had. The actor is amazing, and he crackles on the screen.
So after the first episode, they put him away and neutered him. The second episode he was utterly wasted in a coma the entire time. And this time? They fucking KILL him.
WTF?!? I want this guy to be a major story arc! They haven't had a better villain!
- R492 its possible that he will be "reanimated" just like Merlyn was.
- I liked Colin O'Donnel too R491, but honestly where does he fit into the show if they brought him back? He doesn't, he is superfluous sadly.
Malcom is a good villain, shows always need charismatic antagonist.
- They are trying to get rid of Laurel and Im lovin it! Also I wanted Ollie to kiss Felicity and ....well wouldnt mind some Roy in the mix ;)
- R495 Ollie told Felicity last week that he couldn't get involved -- but it was obvious he knew how she felt
- Are they really trying to get rid of Katie Cassidy? I wouldn't mind.
- I'm a huge Black Canary fan, so I'm always glad to see her outside of comics--even if her backstory is wildly different from the comics. Hate that she isn't "Dinah" though!
Some non comic reading friends of mine are actually bigger fans than I am of Arrow, and they asked me a funny question: Why does BC wear a long blond wig...over her LONG BLOND HAIR?
I couldn't come up with an answer for that.
- Arrow finally loses the smoky eye and gets a real mask! Now if only they could either lose or explain away the vocoder that changes his voice when he puts on the hood....
- When will Oli and Roy training shirtlessly together?!
- Katie Cassidy is a wretched actor, no?
- Stephen penetrated Colty with his arrow! Poor baby. And Grant Gustin is so young and cute and fuckable. Tom Daley better watch out.
- The last few seconds gave me tingles.
- glee meets arrow. how come DL hasn't exploded yet?
- The CW must pay its actors bottom dollar if Gustin is the best they could find for this series launching role. He's not a good actor and he's certainly not the best looking guy they could have found. Was Chace Crawford not available or something?
- I'm going to dream about Grant tonight. He's going to be nekkid.
- Totally, R504!!!
That was pretty bad-ass of Moira.
I liked Grant in the role. The Flash has never been known for good looks anyway, so it doesn't matter what he looks like. He looks thin and svelte.
I loved this episode.
- Green Arrow and Red Arrow broke up, ouch!
- Rumor has it Amnell is going to be in the superman vs batman movie.
- They might as well have the whole justice league in the movie
- Pretty much is going to be - the success or failure will fuel a JLA movie ala Avengers.
- damn was that a good episode tonight! Flash, Grundy... and Tommy appearance! SWEET
- This show just gets better and better with each episode.
Every week, it gives me *tingles*!!
- is zatanna on this show
- Laurel named her abortion with Arrow 'Zatanna' so it looks like they're going to do a back from the dead story there, R515.
- so good to see "Tommy" again, but he had a beard. did it grow during his dead time?
- So Roy now has superpowers (or at least one)? That'll be interesting.
I've decided who Katie Cassidy looks like. Tori Spelling in a brown wig.
- next week Roy starts his training with the Green Arrow!
- Damn, Manu Bennett is a sexy sexy terrifying beast.
- i know, Manu should have taken Tommy's place as Ollie's best friend, not a super villain.
- Manu puts Stephen & Colton to shame.
- new episode tonight.
- I love that Arrow and Roy are working together now... MORE COLTON!!!
- OH MY GOD!!!!
- i wanted then to hug it out soooo badly!
- Agreed on all points, R524!
- I will never forgive them for killing off Arrow's ̶l̶o̶̶v̶e̶r BFF.
- OMG!!! Arrow came out to Roy!
- I know I've belabored the point before, but, jesus, god, Katie Cassidy now REALLY looks like shit.
When was she replaced by Skeletor?
Yikes. I fear for the poor girl.
- She also does a horrible drunk/drugged.
- I loved the dialogue in the coming out scene.
Not a comic geek. Can someone please explain why Oliver insists on using only arrows? I know he's quite good with a bow, but sometimes a gun just makes a lot of sense.
- R532 because he's not the Green Gun!
- So in the comic it is not this guy who gets trapped on an island.
Green Arrow and Speedy debuted as an obvious clone of Batman but rather than use "bat" gimmicks it was arrows. He had an arrow car, an arrow plane (lol) and such.
His arrows were kind of ridiculous, a boxing glove arrow for example.
- [quote]I will never forgive them for killing off Arrow's ̶l̶o̶̶v̶e̶r BFF.
Yeah, that was fucking sad. When Roy showed Ollie Tommy's picture in the last episode I got tears in my eyes. I didn't understand why they had to kill Tommy off in the first place but maybe he just wanted out.
- [quote]I didn't understand why they had to kill Tommy off in the first place
There's no room for three.
- "He only uses arrows because he's called "Arrow" isn't a very satisfying explanation. Is that all you've got?
- oh, oh! lesbians!
- Any word on Colin Donnell and his bountifully hairy back?
- don't know about his hairy back (HOT!) but i keep hoping that he comes back -- probably as a baddie -- from the Lazarus pit.
- Stephen Amell makes my wee-wee happy.
- Even though I'm not totally down with how far from they've deviated from the comics version of Black Canary, the actress is doing great and I get all fan boy giddy when I see her in action. BC is my favorite superhero.
- Ditto, R542. And when will they kill off Laurel? Katie Cassidy is getting on my last nerve.
- I must have dozed off but who told Oliver about his sister being only half?
And why the hell is Felicity meddling in this? What business is it of hers?
So BC will be a permanent addition to the city? (And the show)?
Yikes, I guess it does mean that they will get rid of Katie Cassidy.
- miss smoak told him, just before he was to endorse his mother for mayor.
- Why did she tell him, though? What was she hoping to accomplish?
Again, what business is it of hers?
That really doesn't settle well with me. I liked her character but now, I'm not sure.
Now that Sarah is back, that leaves no place for Felicity and Ollie.
Which, now, I might be okay with.
- I hope they bring back Nyssa al Ghul.
- I do hope Laurel gets taken out somehow. The actress is horrible, and the character is horrible.
It's nice they threw a bone to the lesbians, but when do we get a gay guy in Starling City?
- We've already got two - Ollie and Roy.
As for Colin Donnell, he's back on Broadway this spring in "Violet" and has told mutual friends his "dream" appearance last fall was his last contractual obligation to the show. He knew when he signed on it was only for the first season. Now that Ollie has Roy, he doesn't need Tommy anymore.
- The show is off the air for 3 weeks.
Whatever happened to February sweeps?
- I hope AGENTS OF SHEILD ramps up the action like ARROW.
- The fucking olympics is what happened.......
- So was Katie's dramatic weight loss due to her storyline? Or did she purposely self induce vomiting?
- Still waiting why he uses only arrows. Seems rather limiting.
- Have you SEEN what he does with the arrows? It's hardly limiting. Besides, he doesn't want to kill any more, remember? The arrows allow for a LOT more flexibility there... providing escapes, bugs/tech, explosions/distractions, and all manner of other capabilities.
Besides, it's his signature. His schtick. Why be a common criminal with guns, when you can be "THE ARROW!"
- I don't think anyone would insist that he stop calling himself The Arrow if he also carried a gun.
- He's the Green Arrow. Thus, the arrows.
He does fight hand to hand. The arrows are enough.
Can't wait for tonight's episode.
- Again--the fact that he calls himself The Arrow (no "Green" in this version) is not the reason he only uses arrows. It is the result of the fact that he only uses arrows.
- R15: yes, The Green Arrow is gay. He will henceforth be referred to as The Chartreuse Quill.
- Love him telling Laurel off like that! WOO!
God, Laurel is the worst character (and actress) ever.
Can she just die in a random accident now?
- R56 are you retarded? What part of "he doesn't want to be a killer" do you not get?
HE IS NOT GOING TO USE GUNS.
Stop being stupid.
- one strong lecture from Ollie and Laurel is on the road to the straight and narrow. power of the Arrow! of course he could "straighten" me out too, if you get my drift.
- I loved it a bit too much when Ollie was reading Laurel the riot act.
But during her speech a bit later where she was whining about drowning, like her problems even came close to those on the boat, I wanted to stab my TV.
- Glad I'm not the only one that wants to punch Laurel in the face.
That character needs to die.
- I like Laurel's character. Part of it is that she's been there from the beginning and is part of the core of the show. But she is also a pretty good and believable character in the Arrow world. I also like the fact that she's not your typical pretty blonde bimbo, who are also represented in the show at the moment pretty well.
I don't know if Katie Cassidy really is the bitch on the set people here are saying she is but for me that would be the only reason to not like Laurel.
For whatever reason many times I get a feeling that when people turn against women like Cassidy it's the women who are doing the hating. Just curious, are you people here wanting to get rid of Cassidy male or female, or some other gender?
- [quote]I like Laurel's character.
You're insane. The character is bad enough, but the actress is horrid. Worst actress in a series, period. She's just awful. Painfully bad.
I know straight men and gay men and they're all unanimous in the belief that Laurel is the worst thing about the show... uniformly hated. She's just awful.
Her character sucks, the actress sucks, her plots & motivations suck...
SHE NEEDS TO DIE.
- Put it another way:
Laurel really doesn't have much of a point right now. She's not a love interest for Ollie, she's not chasing down any criminals, she's no longer a point of conflict for Sarah... As of now she's just Ollie's ex and Sarah's sister, giving her about as much point of interest as Dinah Lance.
- She needs to become even more drunken and embittered and become a villainess. She could be called The Datalounger.
- I am a bit upset at how the show brought back Malcolm Merlin than did nothing with him. He meets Miora and threatens to reveal himself to Thea as her true father, but then that plot point is dropped. Oliver learns the truth of Thea's paternity from Felicity but the show just assumes that Oliver still believes Merlin to be dead. Are we to assume that Moira just kept that meeting with Malcolm to herself and failed to tell anyone that Malcolm is still alive including Oliver or anyone on working her Mayoral campaign? Where is Malcolm and what is he doing while Oliver is busy with his villain of the week? Is he in hiding and how is it that no one has seen him? I am sure that he will reappear in a season ending cliff hanger but it seems like poor writing to resurrect the central villain of the show just to let him disappear off screen without the slightest mention of his actions and whereabouts.
As an aside, it must be nice to be Oliver Queen, he has the best wardrobe and looks awesome in everything they put him in. I so want that leather jacket we was wearing from a couple of weeks ago.
- Actually, I imagine being Oliver Queen is pretty hellish.
Being Stephen Amell is probably pretty sweet though.
- I think the best thing of all would to be Stephen Amell's sex partner.
- If DC was smart it would put The Green Arrow in the latest Superman/Batman movie.
- Hope that THE FLASH will be just as good.
- New episode tonight! God I hope some villain kills Laurel!
(BTW, the fight/rift between Ollie and his mom is just beyond ridiculously over-done... Seriously, they need to end/resolve that plot-line soon, hopefully by making Ollie admit what a fucking hypocrite he's being)
- damn! did you see the red hoodie's rockin' bod?
- Colton has always had a rockin' bod.
- And that bod's been rocked on every casting couch in Hollywood.
- I watched "Hung" episodes where he shows his hot butt.
Much better than all those shirtless pullups.
- A great write-up of the most recent episode:
- graph of Arrow's populatiry
- I sure wish this was a sneak-preview of an up-coming scene:
- [quote] he has the best wardrobe
You can tell this show is shot on the cheap in Vancouver rather than in the US. A millionaire playboy like Oliver Queen should be wearing Varvatos or Armani, but they dress him like an overgrown frat boy in J. Crew and suits that look like they were bought off the rack at Men's Wearhouse, and they don't tailor his clothes properly to show off his physique. O Canada!
- [quote]Not a comic geek. Can someone please explain why Oliver insists on using only arrows? I know he's quite good with a bow, but sometimes a gun just makes a lot of sense.
It goes back to his mentor and the training he received on the island. Arrows require a level of discipline guns can't achieve. There's also an element of stealth because arrows are quiet. Silent and deadly.
Arrow does a lot of flashbacks to the island, but not much time has been devoted to showing Yao Fei's training like the comic did. In one of the early episodes Yao Fei is telling him to breathe before he releases the arrow. It's zen in a way that shooting someone with a gun can't ever be.
- Yes, because nothing says Zen like impaling a guy with an arrow!
- exactly R584 when he shot Colton in the leg it calmed him right down!
- Nice cameo by Harley Quinn!
- I like the actress and i think she is doing her best with a really uneven and inconsistent character use. The last episode I saw Ollie is giving her grief because she was pissed that he came to the family with Sarah when he was not invited. Well, I would have been pissed too! For any number of reasons. He is supposed to be so crazy about her but he creates another triangle so that they can't be together. Of course, even the comic book character Green Arrow is a something of a jerk.
- SPOILERS for those who haven't seen the latest episode.
Goddammit why did they have to kill Moira Queen. I've always liked her in the show.
I hope they bring her back with some miracle treatment but IMDb lists her as credit only in the season's remaining three episodes so that was probably that with her. Fuck.
- It was a good episode but why kill off the best actor on the show...
- They had to kill her off. It's too weird having a superhero who has a mother (unless it's Superman--and Martha Kent was only kept alive in the 80s).
- I read some reasoning from the show's makers why she had to go ("we had exhausted all the options for her and if she had stayed it would've become a soap opera") but I can't say I'm satisfied. But what you gonna do. One Green Arrow-comic reader said in the comments that with Moira's death they are setting up the story for Arrow to become more of what Green Arrow's situation is in the comics.
Is anyone else completely tired of Slade/Deathstroke? I understand that he's the arch enemy but I've been tired of him since last season. He's just like this black hole in the series without a real story arc. There's really nothing interesting about him, except Manu's big cock but he's not gonna whip it out here.
Here is some possible SPOILER from the comics that might be happening in the show:
Ollie will become mayor at some point.
- Deathstroke is the big bad for the season but he'll probably go away next year.
The trouble is that Green Arrow does not have a lot of good supervillains as superheroes go. They've already used Count Vertigo several times, and China White, and the Clock King; and they've brought in Ra's al-Ghul. So along with Deathstroke and Merlyn there's not many left--the Rainbow Archer?
- They seem to be expanding the villain base to include other DC ones such as Deadshot, Brother Blood, Shrapnel, Harley Quinn... I wouldn't be too surprised if they keep doing this.
This show really kicks Agents of SHIT.
- [quote]This show really kicks Agents of SHIT.
That's absolutely true. I'm not saying I'm completely happy with Arrow's occasional Smallville/CW/teen feel but compared to AoS this show just feels much more alive.
- Agents of Shield has finally turned into a good show, it just took them 3/4 of a season to finally do that.
- Also, though Susanna Thompson elevated the show by being on it, I can completely understand why they felt they should get rid of her character.
They had no clue what to do with her past the first season. Her mayor plotline made that obvious.
I think they should have had her move away so she could make occasional guest appearances but of course they wanted the drama of a death.
- [quote]Agents of Shield has finally turned into a good show, it just took them 3/4 of a season to finally do that.
I'm not convinced yet, don't know if I'll ever be. I enjoy the show and I've watched all the episodes but there's just something off about it. It has mediocrity written over it in practically every way. The Hydra twist really brought out my discomfort with the show to the surface.
- I asked this another thread but don't think it was answered. Does the Black Canary character have a sonic scream on the show?
- Unless I misunderstood what was happening on Wednesday's show (which is entirely possible), Oliver has a 6- or 7-year-old child that he knows nothing about, correct? The big news was Moira's death, of course, but this was pretty huge as well.
- No R598. She used a sonic weapon once but no canary cry power.
And yes R599, they did introduce that Oliver has a 6 year old kid out there which is fucking stupid. No one wants some little kid on this show.