- When will the Twilight movies be over and done with so these to can finally begin disappearing into obscurity where they belong?
- The last Twilight movie comes out this October, I believe.
- November 16th is the release date, I believe.
- Continuing on from the other thread:
The smart thing Robert & Kristen did was to never totally admit or deny they were a couple. By doing that, when the film series ends, they don't have to publicly break up. They can just go their separate ways and many of the Twitards will still assume they were once together.
- stop making these stupid movies already!!!
- R5, They did stop making these stupid movies already. The last one just needs to be released.
Anyway, my couple months of research tells me these are the cast dynamics: Nikki Reed used to be really close with Kristen Stewart and Kristen's boyfriend Michael Angarano and then was somewhat close to Rob and Kristen, Twilight lore says she and Rob dated but Nikki says they did not, Nikki says she's now close to Elizabeth Reazer; Ashley and Kellan are close; Kellan hilariously says he doesn't hang out with Rob and Kristen because there "so complex;" Kristen used to be close with Nikki but isn't any more, says she's close friends with Rob, Taylor, and Dakota. Am I missing anything? I find this lot weirdly entertaining and I kind of want one of them to write a tell-all book.
- You're sick, r6.
- Why, R7?
- R8, I guess I sound obsessive in retrospect?
Whatever, it didn't actually take that much time to figure that all out and it was entertaining in the process. I felt the need to summarize.
- Is Kellan living with a group of gay men? He said in an interview a few months ago that he likes to live with gay guys.
- The quote R10 is referring to:
[quote][b]You’ve mentioned your roommates in various interviews, and you once told Jimmy Kimmel an anecdote about an unfortunately worded Craigslist ad for new roommates that accidentally attracted a bunch of gay guys. Would a house full of gay roomies really be such a bad thing?[/b]
Honestly, I’d prefer to live with gay guys. They’re the cleanest, and they just take care of stuff. Because I’m always away, coming home to a clean house means a lot to me. Trust me, I’ve lived with a lot of roommates, and straight guys are just kids who don’t pick up after themselves.
- R6. Work on the basis that none of them like Rob and Kris and if money wasn't involved none of them would be hanging out with any of them.
and so loooooon vampires
- [quote]I felt the need to summarize.
Your summary works for me, R6. All the parts fit.
- [quote]Rob and Kristen helped fuel this whole fauxmance drama to sell product I am sure of that. They perpetuated it and now probably don't know how to stop the juggernaut because fan perception (like LoTR) has taken it above and beyond the bounds of rationality and obssesion.
I think this quote from the last thread deserves to be here. It's a perfect description.
- We won't be surprised one bit if we see Robert Pattinson at this year's Academy Awards.
Yes, he's presented at the Oscars already, but...
His new flick, Bel Ami, is set for release just a few days after Hollywood's biggest night of the year. A rep for the Twilight star didn't comment on his possible plans to attend.
Meanwhile, Kristen Stewart is also said to be at the top of the presenter wish list. While Snow White and the Huntsman doesn't hit theaters until June, she'd ideally be paired with her hunky fairy-tale costar Chris Hemsworth.
- [quote]Rob and Kristen helped fuel this whole fauxmance drama to sell product I am sure of that. They perpetuated it and now probably don't know how to stop the juggernaut because fan perception (like LoTR) has taken it above and beyond the bounds of rationality and obssesion.
And on top of the complete stink from the Twilight movies that they will never be able to remove, and the discernible lack of talent, this showmance has ensured that they will never, ever be seen as anything other than Bella and Edward. Their fans will never accept them as anything else, while the rest of the world has looked aghast at the creepy middle aged women who have followed and stalked them, have set up tent cities, dressed up in wedding gowns, and all around acted like fools. Who could possibly take anybody from this shitshow seriously after 4 years of this?
Bel Ami looks horribly bad. I absolutely cannot wait for the poor reviews! And I think it's highly amusing that all of the PR for the Snow White movies has relied almost 100% on Charlize and NOT the titular character.
- Rob might look hot in period clothes though, even if 'Bel Ami' isn't the greatest film.
Is it true Rob shows his ass in 'Bel Ami'?
- [quote]this showmance has ensured that they will never, ever be seen as anything other than Bella and Edward.
I believe you are right about this. Probably the only way that either of them could pull away from this typecasting would be if they could somehow manage to submerge themselves into characters who are very very different from what they've been playing. But the problem with that is the fact that both of them seem incapable of doing that. What I mean is that they ALWAYS act the same in whatever roles they are given. Oh, there may be some subtle changes, but for the most part, it's always the same.
- What I think perpetuates the Edward and Bella idea is the fact, that outside of the promo, they're rarely papped and even if they are, they're never with the opposite sex. She's with her team, because apparently that's all she has and he's with his mates.
So the only pictures out there, are of the two of them. Never mind, those are always taken during work time, but for the crazy fans, that's enough. They see their Edward and Bella together, never with other people.
- [quote][quote]Is it true Rob shows his ass in 'Bel Ami'?
According to some fans in Belgium who've already seen the film, in one of the first scenes Rob is screwing a prostitute and you can see his full ass from above.
I've linked to some fan reviews on the "Robstenation" site.
- I almost just threw up my breakfast.
- Feminie flower Kristen Stewart on Friday:
- Femine flower Kristen Stewart flying out of LAX on Sunday:
- Femine flower Kristen Stewart arriving in gay Paree on Sunday:
- Greasy and balding. What a lovely combo.
I guess they couldn't get her out of her truck driver garb for the photoshoot.
Man, this girl needs to come out of the closet already!
- [quote]So the only pictures out there, are of the two of them. Never mind, those are always taken during work time, but for the crazy fans, that's enough. They see their Edward and Bella together, never with other people.
That's it exactly. The fans use those work pictures to prove that they are A Couple.
- [quote]The actress, famous for playing heroine Bella Swan in the vampire franchise, was pictured arriving at Roissy Airport in Paris amidst rumours that she will return to the country in May to open the Cannes Film Festival.
- Such envious bitches on this thread per usual. I'm currently in the city of love to shoot my upcoming Balenciaga fragrance ads, bitches. I'm also preparing to promote my three sure-to-be blockbusters of '12: On the Road, Snow White and the Huntsman and Breaking Dawn 2. Yes assholes, this is the year of Kristen...get used to it! Oh, don't forget every night my tight little hoo-ha gets to be entered again and again by Mr. Pattinson's pulsating man meat. Jealous yet?? Bow down, bitches!
- "in one of the first scenes Rob is screwing a prostitute and you can see his full ass from above."
Nice. I admire him for finally doing some nudity.
- Me in Paris today being shot for Vanity Fair by Mario Testino. Not bad, aye bitches?! How are you spending YOUR Monday??
- Will Rob doing a dirty sex movie with nudity ruin his image as the virtuous Edward in the minds of the Twitards?
- Flipping the bird with Karl Largerfeld by my side. Ain't I classy?
- Her rat like features have always reminded me of Avril Lavigne.
You can't polish a turd
- Did Rob show his cock or just his ass? It would be nice if he would show his cock. He is probably uncut like most British guys, and I'd like to see some of the American Twitards freak out about it.
- What's so utterly amusing and totally consistent about Kristen Stewart is that while there probably ARE thousands, if not millions of girls who would kill to swan around in Dior couture and hang around Kunty Karl, Stewart is most definitely not one of them. Just like every other photo shoot, she looks empty, miserable and uncomfortable. Like she's passing a kidney stone.
And Karl DOES NOT look amused by the lovely truck driver.
- Somebody on Deadline (who seemed in the know) posted that Bel Ami is a horribly, horribly bad film. That the first time director, who came from theater and was used to collaborative theater actors, had a difficult time dealing with his stars, especially his leading man, who was not up to the material.
Supposedly even Pattinson's team wanted the film buried.
You can tell just from the trailer it's steaming pile of shit.
The box office for Water for Elephants
- "The full naked butt scene is one of the first scenes in the movies. I think it's with some prostitue, I'm not sure. It's in a dark room and you see the sex from above, his full naked back and butt, there was DEFINITELY thrusting not just the tip LOL.
Then there were some sex scenes with Christina Ricci. Mostly like the ones we saw in the trailer, you know the 'i missed you so much' sex scene. You get to see more thrusting and his super sexy back again. Then those are kinda the last of the graphic sex scenes, but Rob is just overall so incredibly sexy in this movie. The sex scene with Uma Thurman is pretty weird and no nudity in that one."
- Trash in couture dress is still a trash *shrug*
- [quote]That's why i love her most of all !!! Karel who???lol she doesn't care...she just does what she feels and I love it!!!
God. One of her fans actually wrote this, replete with multiple !!!!!!!!!
"She just does what she wants" and gets herself in the spotlight and earns millions at the same time. Very Hollywood.
- Her PR are working overtime at trying to reshape her image. She must keep them busy, what with the way she's always sticking her foot in her mouth, swearing and smoking. Did you see her on Kimmel, cringing when he talked about the "love making" in the movie? She literally shuddered and said she hated those words. Who hates the words "love making"? Don't most people think that's beautiful, especially when describing a honeymoon?
- Do you think the sex scene Rob does in 'Bel Ami' will reveal whether or not he has sex with women in real life?
- R41, the phrase "love making" is horribly cheesy.
R42, no. The better question is why I bothered answering that question.
- Memo to Kristen's PR team: you can put the girl in designer duds all you want, but it's how she dresses in her "off time" that's the probelm...
- Just let her stay home and lez.
- If they're actually trying to pass her of as some sort of fashionista, yes it's a problem.
She's so obviously a low maintenance tomboy. Which I like.
To me they both come across obviously low maintenance and social awkward and not clean cut. She's obviously a tomboy and he's fairly femme. Any attempts to pass them off otherwise... Just don't really work for more than a brief moment. (I don't take issue with any of that.)
- Can't deny Rob looks pretty good on this new Bel Ami poster.
- The movie might have been hot with somebody like Michael Pitt as the lead. He can pull off the dirty, debauched, yet still hot and sexy look. Rob is none of those things. He's neither sexy nor sexual and certainly not the seducer of women.
- [quote] the seducer of women
IMO, the seducer must have toned chest, abs and lot of muscle, he has none but only painted abs in NM, which is a joke!!!
- I always get a kick out of Celebitchy's coverage of Kristen.
- [quote]This is her default action, and IMO it speaks volumes about her default brattiness.
Perfectly stated. Kristen's Middle Finger = Kristen the Brat.
- And here's one of the responses at the link at R50.
Because, you know, she just, like, totally, hates all the, totally, rape-like media attention *forced exhalation* and does absolutely nothing to promote herself, rather than the *forced exhalation* movie she, totally like, had to do or her family would have their abdomens *forced exhalation* gnawed to, like total, sh*t by those rats in the *forced exhalation* metal buckets pressed to their stomachs.
Anyone got any weed?
- I wonder why her people are so afraid to go with an androgynous, boyish look their client so obviously favors over this over the top haute couture, fem style that Kristen can't possibly pull off? Would they be afraid the lesbian subtext would be too blatant to ignore if a fashion mag dressed her in a sophisticated pants suit (I'm thinking of Deitrich here).
She obviously falls somewhere towards the middle end of the butch/tomboy/andro scale and yet her PR team tries to pull off this high fashion girly girl shit and it's just sooooooo not working.
Somebody on that Celebitchy blog called her feral and nwt that's all I can see. Like she was raised by wolves in a trailer park. In fact I can totally see Kristen being right at home in a trailer park with her ratty clothes and some Marlboro reds.
- Here she is. The rebel. The anti-Hollywooder. The, the . . . oh. Whatever.
- Some of the Robstenites think KS posed with that ciggie on purpose so people won't think she's pregnant per rumors that were going around Ted C.'s Awful Truth board. She's not actually puffing away you see! No, I'm not kidding.
those people need help
- Why would she be pregnant anyway?
- [quote]Why would she be pregnant anyway?
When Kristen was photographed leaving London and returning to L.A. back in December after shooting SWATH she was photographed getting into a car and she kinda was laying on her stomach to hide from paps. Many of her little fans thought she was hiding a baby bump. There was also a blind item about one of the Twilight actresses being pregnant, so they put two and two together and came up with their little theory. Obvious she's not pregnant and chances are she never will be without the aid of a turkey baster.
- I think its because of Sienna Miller pregnancy,according to her fans the relationship between miller and sturrigdes must be fake, because of all the pictures of the two of them kissing, so now i guess they want her to be pregnant, so this will be the ultimate proof in the epic love.
She did get pap in a french shop for kids clothes.
- [quote]Kristen Stewart showed off a sulky face and a cigarette at a recent re-shoot of Snow White and the Huntsman. She waved off photographers, while co-star Charlize Theron charmed the crowd, smiling, cooing and cuddling a baby borrowed (from on-set friends) for the occasion. KStew's grumpy attitude made clear she did not want to be on set, cleaning up a few necessary unfinished scenes, reports Daily Mail. Maybe she was missing the absent Robert Pattinson. Or maybe she was just in a really bad mood. Cigarette smoke can do that to a person.
- It really must be exhausting being Kristen Stewart's publicist. Besides having to squelch all of the gay rumors and prop up a stupid showmance, you also have the girl fucking up every time they try to rehab her image by booking a high fashion photo shoot, magazine interview or public appearance with her trashy, nasty, sullen attitude.
She also can't seem to keep her fucking mouth closed and breath through her nose, even when being photographed by Mario Testino.
- So if Rob isn't involved with Kristen, that raises the question, who is he involved with?
- So 15 threads on these two and we're still not done?
They really must be the most fascinating people on the planet.
- What is fascinating about them, R62, is the fact that they are popular in the first place. The adoration that their fans shower upon them is perplexing and weird.
Perplexing + Weird = Fascinating.
- What is also odd is the weird relationship dynamics, showmances and sexual orientations of those involved.
- Kristen really knocked herself out designing these puppies for charity, aye??
R.P. & T.S.
- Speaking of R.P and T.S, how will the supposed fathering of Sienna Miller's baby by Tom Sturridge affect the relationship between Rob & Tom?
- R61 Sarah Roemer. The chick he was spotted in the car with. Twitards biggest threat and envy right now-
[quote]But perhaps what unrelatedly topped off the already excellent night was this: about 35 minutes into the first half, my friend kept looking in my direction, making weird faces. I shrugged at her to ask what her problem was, and she pointed down into the audience and mouthed, “Robert Pattinson”. So I turned my head and low and behold, there he was in all his glory, picking at his teeth. Robert Pattinson isn’t someone who I pay much attention to - I don’t love him or hate him - but just the fact that he was nonchalantly sitting in the audience was entertaining in its own right. So every now and then my friend and I would see what he was doing, which was mostly picking his teeth, or holding hands/rubbing the leg of his apparent new belle - an older-looking, though nonetheless pretty, blonde. During intermission they displayed a bit of PDA, and my friend insisted that I try to snap a photo of them kissing, joking that I should sell it to the tabloids. Now wouldn’t that have been funny? Oh Robert, such a lol. - Dec 12.
- Interesting if true, R67.
- Sounds like it could be true. The tone is casual, and the writer (whoever that is) kind of throws the Pattinson stuff in there as an aside.
What's most important, though, is that he was picking his teeth. Very romantic.
- The Twitards will kill him if they think he was 'cheating' on Kristen.
- The ever-classy Kristen Stewart screaming to the Paris paps she just loves to hate to, "Freeze to Death!" complete with one-finger salute. That Kristen sure hates having her every move chronicled by the tabloid press doesn't she? Oh, wait!
I'm not convinced that Rob is straight or bi and is really screwing Sarah Roemer, but hey she's hotter than Kristen Stewart and is sure to be more intelligent, so more power to him if he is.
- Kristen's disdain for the very people who help make her a multi-millionaire is laughable. God. She seems to have the brain development of a thirteen year old.
- Kristen is gay and Robert is bi. Since that is the case, there's obviously no way they can satisfy each other, so if Rob wants to get it on elsewhere, what the heck.
Just don't let their fans in on the little secret.
- Has Rob responded yet to the fact that apparently Tom Sturridge is going to be the father of Sienna Miller's baby?
- She's working, she's not on a personal vacation so she should actually be grateful and happy that the paparazzi are giving her magazine shoot extra coverage. In fact, her publicist probably called them!
Secondly, I bet this girl will have a nervous breakdown when she's 30 and nobody gives a shit who she is.
And finally, (if) that post about Pattinson and Sarah Roemer is true, I wish they HAD taken a picture and sold it to the tabloids. Could you imagine the implications for Summit, the actors, the whole fucking fanbase. It would be a meltdown of epic proportions.
- Robert Pattinson & Taylor Lautner's bloopers video:
- [quote]The ever-classy Kristen Stewart screaming to the Paris paps she just loves to hate to, "Freeze to Death!" complete with one-finger salute. That Kristen sure hates having her every move chronicled by the tabloid press doesn't she? Oh, wait![/quote]
When actually 40 people already died in Europe, because of this cold... this bitch is digging herself deeper and deeper.
- R67, I am amused by this being at an Eddie Redmayne play. Eddie Redmayne/Robert Pattinson/Tom Stirridge/Andrew Garfield = OT4 :P
- Oh, right, R78, I thought that name sounded familiar.
- This theory from someone at L Chat amused me;
[quote]yeh but i strongly believe and ive seen this happen. That kristen is a tomboy bisexual hipster who dumped nicki reid for whatshisface who is bicurious who likes tom studridge who is bisexual who is sleeping with sienna miller, that is what i believe from my experience with being friends with hipsters for years...............
From my experience... That sounds plausible.
- ick ick ick, why do they call her "babygirl" at the link below...disturbing!
- R81, I went to the link, and this is a sampling of what I found:
[quote]Airports aren't the most romantic places I feel, you're just packaged up to get in and get out as soon as possible. But when the package is the completely divine Miss. Stewart even an airport can be transformed into the love passage to heaven!
What planet are these women from?
- If Tom Sturridge turns out to be the father of Sienna Miller's baby, the Twitards are going to say that Tom is straight afterall and this means so is Robert.
- R83, He could be bi...
- R80's scenario makes sense. Tom and Rob like dabbling here and there. And Kristen is much easier to figure out since she hasn't mastered the ability to hide her sexuality. Guess that stems from the fact that she can't act worth a shit.
- Looks like Kristen's 21-year-old adopted brother Taylor's in trouble with their parents for smoking weed. Isn't it standard operating procedure at Casa del Stewart? Didn't think the folks had a problem with from what I've read in the past.
[quote]Once again, in trouble for blazin it up..... Who woulda guessed. I need to finish school and start my own life on the double.
At least ive got wolves to keep me company.
[quote]Im still the same ninja aint shit changed. I live my life the way i life it. Dont fucking judge if your a bitch..... and tahhh i feel like you know me better compared to these ninjas. Stay up bud. Tell your babies i said hello and ill one day meet them
[quote]Ill never stop smoking weed so fuck that btw
[quote]Fucka healthy choice
- I don't think Kristen Stewart is bisexual. I think she's gay and the only relationships she's had with men have been platonic. I think that's fairly easy to read.
It sounds like those women want to fuck her, R82. And those women are supposed to be straight?
- I agree, R87. I'd bet all of her relationships with men are platonic, including her Big Romance with Robert. That's why she can never bring herself to kiss him on the lips--unless they are working.
But shouldn't they be making an appearance as a couple soon? They've got to keep up appearances for the next Twi flick, right?
- [quote]Was Robert Pattinson having a business dinner with screenwriter and director Sofia Coppola last night in Los Angeles?
- Kristen is sporting that spoiled Valley Girl look here. She's really got to surpress that look for the Lovely Snow White of the forest.
Can't be easy for her.
- And here's a fan review of Bel Ami.
[quote]Like 'How To Be' and 'Remember Me', Bel Ami will be my Twilight-As Twilight was for my kids...I adore you Robert, from your wonderful acting in your more indie movies, to your lovely haunting singing voice and music, but i adore you mosty because of your inner beauty and wonderful personality...I will forever be a fan...
- First review for Bel Ami:
[quote]Having made his name as Harry Potter, Daniel Radcliffe must now spend the years ahead stamping on his childhood image. He could take a lesson from Robert Pattinson, who appears in the astonishing new film Bel Ami, as the most charismatically repellent leading man I can recall. He makes Valmont in Les Liaisons Dangereuses look like a puppy. In another piece of counter-casting, Kristin Scott Thomas plays a lovesick matron, humiliatingly scorned. It is an unsettling premise that a handsome young man can pick off the wives of powerful men. Newspaper proprietors and politicians will keep a much closer eye on their domestic arrangements after seeing this film.
- "Robert Pattinson, who appears in the astonishing new film Bel Ami, as the most charismatically repellent leading man I can recall."
- So permanently stoned Catherine Hardwicke gave an interview to NY Mag where the interviewer makes mention that Pattinson was dating Nikki Reed before hooking up with our favorite grouchy lesbian. Weirdly, no actual quote of this from Hardwicke is actually included in the article.
From NY Mag.
[quote]Hardwicke does still feel a little sad about the hearts Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart broke while becoming the greatest twentysomething couple in Hollywood. When they started the movie, Pattinson was with thirteen star Nikki Reed and Stewart was with Michael Angarano. “He’s a wonderful actor. He was in Dogtown, one of my favorites, so I felt pretty bad because I love him and they were such a great couple," she says.)
- That "review" at R92 must be for the ADHD crowd. It's one paragraph!
- At least Robert is willing to show his ass in a movie, unlike Taylor.
- The entire success of Twilight is due to Taylor's ass! Robert says so.
- Do you think there's any significance to Robert commenting on Taylor's ass, or would that be reading too much into it?
- I think it would be reading too much into it. But feel free to read too much into things. I let myself do so sometimes.
Btw, I recommend that entire blog. The things Robert Pattinson says sometimes...
- R94 Will this bitch ever shut up about them?? She ALWAYS using them to bring attention to herself or her projects, it's pathetic!!!! I still remember after a longgggg time no sighting of the PR couple, all of a sudden, they were spotted watching the Red Riding Hood and took pics with the fans, the PR stunt is sooo obvious. Anyone besides the sheeps still believe what she said and can't see her blatantly attempt would be sooo stupid.
- Robert and Kristen were out in LA somewhere last night.
Kristen with fan.
- Robert with fan.
- They were at an L.A. sushi restaurant, R101/102.
If it's true that Pattinson was legitimately dating/fucking Nikki Reed while Stewart was with Angarano, wouldn't that make our golden couple cheaters? The shippers choose to overlook that tiny fact though, don't they?
- They were calling for Stewart to break up with Angarano while they were still together. And they all hate Nikki Reed because they suspect she was dating/fucking Pattinson before the grouchy lesbian.
Of course I believe that if anybody was fucking around it was probably Stewart and Reed.
- My new thought is Angarano was bearding for the bitch, so there was no cheating.
- Look at that, picture proven Robsten outing just in time for DVD release. This is my shocked face.
From what I heard Rob came to that restaurant an hour later that Kristen, so I doubt Ms.I-can't-go-anywhere-without-being-mobbed-and-camera-raped was waiting alone. Probably another "date night" with 10 other people.
- Rob isn't very good-looking in the best of circumstances, but with his head shaved and his doughy middle, he truly looks like shit. Sexy leading man? More like serial killer in training.
- R103, there's no evidence Robert was with Nikki.
Remember, he says he doesn't like vaginas anyway.
- R107, i have seen Rob in real iife, he is very handsome, Kristen is a very lucky girl.
- He's really not.
- When does 'Bel Ami' get released in the U.S.?
- I think he's actually in love with her. He isn't this good of an actor.
- He looks doofy and she looks repulsed.
- Uh yeah, R112.
- [quote]When does 'Bel Ami' get released in the U.S.?
March 2nd in limited release.
He always has that retarded 'special' look, R112.
And Stewart always looks like she wants to vomit.
- Michael Angarano and Nikki Reed get a ridiculous amount of hate.
Nikki says her and Pattinson never dated. Take that as you will.
R103, I think some of the shippers think Robsten were meant to be and that cheating was involved but over look it and some of the shippers just think Kristen started dating Rob after her and Michael broke up.
I still think Nikki and Kristen had great sexual chemistry and may have been hooking up. Nikki joking about them and Michael being a triangle encourage my thinking this...
I find it amusing that Kristen apparently went from dating Michael and always having Nikki around to dating Rob and always having Tom around. Three way dating is the way to go.
- The Robsten fans also seem to forget that Rob should not be having sex before marriage anyway.
- The nose squishing thing in that gif at r112 kind of reminds me of those couples on that Virgin Diaries show.
- R117, I don't think they take it that far with the thinking of Rob/Kristen = Edward/Bella. But a lot of them do seem to want Robsten married with a kid. Also, Ted has gotten a weird amount of questions from Robsten shippers asking if Robsten are monogamous. It's because he has hinted that they're not but I still find it funny and weird. The shippers seem to really want Robsten to be monogamous and committed (and both straight).
- [quote]the shippers seem to really want Robsten to be monogamous and committed (and both straight).
Probably because they realize (very subconsciously) that they aren't quite straight or really monogamously dating.
- [quote]Of course I believe that if anybody was fucking around it was probably Stewart and Reed.
There you go. They were both glowing and tremendously happy when they were together. Unlike Rob and Kristen who only look sort of "happy" when they are on the set together and getting paid to look that way.
- [quote]“They didn’t hold hands or have any PDA,” the source said. “But I think that’s because they were trying to be respectful with her mom there.”
A so-called source tells us about Rob and Kristen and their date with Kristen's mom. Do people really talk like that? The only word that comes to mind is lame.
- There's never any PDA between them when they are out anyway, so why should it be different when Kristen's mom is there?
- Why would holding hands be "disrespectful?"
Jesus Christ, they act like buddies because that's all they are.
God I can't wait until this fauxmance is over and the inevitable crazy fan reaction to begin.
- [quote]Look at that, picture proven Robsten outing just in time for DVD release. This is my shocked face.
Also, regarding R112's gif. That's the same disgusted pull away Stewart ran during that non kiss at the WFE premiere.
- For some reason, the gif has been removed, but you're right. Kristen is getting to be quite skilled at pulling back or turning her head just before the "real" kiss happens. Of course, the fans always leave that part out.
- Kristen Stewart Dissed by Karl Lagerfeld?
Was Kristen Stewart dissed by fashion icon Karl Lagerfeld? And if so, did it have anything to do with the rude gesture she made behind his back following a photo shoot in Paris?
According to a report from E!, it seems Lagerfeld was recently asked his opinion on M.I.A.'s middle finger thrust during the Super Bowl halftime performance. Some feel his reply may have inadvertently or perhaps even intentionally slammed the Twilight star.
"Nowadays people give the middle finger quite quickly—it's not the best behavior. Everybody does that, what's new about that? It's just become a bad habit," he told reporters.
Karl Lagerfeld is known for dissing celebs. He has mouthed off about singing sensation Adele being too fat to make it in the music world. He once quipped that Heidi Klum was 'too heavy' to be a runway model. So clearly not everything the designer says is true.
Kristen Stewart, however, did in fact raise her middle finger high following a fashion shoot in Paris with the renown Lagerfeld. It's still uncertain whether the gesture was directed at him, but many feel that's exactly what the Breaking Dawn star intended.
Is Karl Lagerfeld now surmising that Kristen is desperately in need of a semester in charm school? Despite her tremendous fame as Twilight's Bella Swan and Robert Pattinson's girlfriend, he might actually be on to something. Society rarely condemns such actions these days. Yes, it's talked about and laughed about for days following such rude behavior, but no one ever seriously calls these people out for committing such a vulgar act.
Perhaps Kristen Stewart and M.I.A. and all the rest of the celebrities who feel they're above certain modes of social decorum should be called out face to face on their obscene gestures and perhaps asked exactly why they feel such rudeness is warranted.
M.I.A. says her flip of the bird sort of just happened. Good one. What is Kristen's excuse?
- Kellan Lutz (another closeted actor?) gave an interview where he says Stewart and Pattinson are "adorable"-do straight men every use that word? and "madly in love."
You would think all this publicity would mean there was a movie or DVD release happening soon. Oh...wait.
- Most actors don't normally involve themselves in promoting the personal relationships of other actor couples or talk to the public about it. Why are Kellan Lutz and others talking to the public about Kristen & Rob's supposed personal life?
- If you go to the link Kellan was awkwardly asked by a fan during a radio interview. (Kellan also said he doesn't really know and hasn't spoken to either of them in awhile. Thus, proving Nikki's correct about them not all keeping contact with each other.)
There is a video of a costar of Kristen's from an entirely different movie being asked about "Robsten." She jokenly said she didn't know what the interviewer was talking about and said, "Kristen's so over boys."
- This so called romance is probably bogus; it just makes no sense that there are no legit pics available of Rob and Kristen indulging in some sort of PDA. The only pics where they look remotely intimate and like a couple are from the BD premiere in London, but they could easily be putting on an act for the cameras. So, I can easily believe that their entire relationship is a fake. Now, I have no gaydar whatsoever so I have no idea whether Rob and kristen are gay, bi, or straight. There is a theory that supposedly Finger-length ratios indicate sexual orientation.
"The digit ratio is the ratio of the lengths of different digits or fingers typically measured from the bottom crease where the finger joins the hand to the tip of the finger. It has been suggested by some scientists that the ratio of two digits in particular, the 2nd (index finger) and 4th (ring finger), is affected by exposure to androgens e.g. testosterone while in the uterus and that this 2D:4D ratio can be considered a crude measure for prenatal androgen exposure, with lower 2D:4D ratios pointing to higher androgen exposure. The 2D:4D ratio is calculated dividing the length of the index finger of the right hand by the length of the ring finger. A longer index finger will result in a ratio higher than 1, while a longer ring finger will result in a ratio of less than 1.
The 2D:4D digit ratio is sexually dimorphic: in males, the second digit tends to be shorter than the fourth, and in females the second digit tends to be the same length or slightly longer than the fourth."
Supposedly the inverse is true when it comes to gay men and women. So maybe the truth is in their hands after all. Anyway, this could be a totally bogus theory but it wouldn't hurt to check out Rob and Kristen's hands.
- Anonymous sources, blah blah blah.
Kellan Lutz was on the Kyle and Jackie O radio show and a listener called in to ask the Twilight star if his costars Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are still going strong and if he thought the two would get married.
Here was Kellan’s response:
“I haven’t talked to them in a little bit, and that’s not really a question I can answer, cause I don’t really know. They seem adorable every time I see them and madly in love. So who knows. I hope the best for them, that’s for sure.”
That’s a pretty good answer! Giving fans a little something without revealing too much.
Rob and Kristen have been hanging in Los Angeles together ever since Stewart got back from a photo shoot in Paris, and Celebuzz can confirm the two are definitely still going strong.
“They are enjoying low key time together before they jump back into work,” says our source adding they are still “very much together.”
The couple dined Monday at Iwata Sushi restaurant in Sherman Oaks where they happily (but separately) posed for a picture with a young fan. Kristen’s mom also joined them at dinner.
Since Stewart’s return from Europe, the couple have spent time with friends hanging at low key hideouts.
Glad they are enjoying some much deserved downtime!
- [quote]Most actors don't normally involve themselves in promoting the personal relationships of other actor couples or talk to the public about it.
Yeah. It's weird that other actors and even supporting crew members talk about how Rob and Kristen are a couple. Real couples don't need other people to tell people out there that they are a real couple. If that makes sense. Very odd.
R131, that digit ratio research is really interesting. But like you say, it could be bogus.
- R133, director Bill Condon did it too. Last fall he said in an interview that he didn't need to give Rob & Kristen much direction in the love scenes because they are so hot together off-screen. As an openly-gay man he should be ashamed of himself for participating in closeting and showmancing.
- This is from another thread on talent agents, but I thought it was quite relevant here:
Agent of Influence replying here:
I won't comment on rumors about specific actors but fake relationships and bearding are very common and are mutually agreed upon business agreements for the furtherence of each participants agendas.
It alarms me how naive the public can be sometimes not just in matters of bearding or publicity driven relationships but mostly becaues everything, and I meand everything you read or hear about celebrities is caluculated composed story telling.
Every interview, every appearance is a carefully scripted enterprise.
From People magazine to celebrity profiles on 60 minutes and everything in the middle.
- [quote][EOnline] As we’ve established, the yummy ‘n’ handsome star Nevis Devine likes both girls and boys (what fool who wants to keep all his options open doesn’t?), mostly avoids little spats with costars and doesn’t mind having some of his male BFFs double as daytime nookie partners, whenever Nevis is so inclined.
[quote]But basically, Nevis is as happy as he is horny in life! With one small exception…
[quote]Recently, Nevis has been giving some eyebrow-raising press interviews. It’s not his usual jovial and aw-shucks stuff—which Nevis has always been most excellent at delivering.
[quote]Also, it’s no secret Mr. D.’s been hitting the sauce a lot, as of late. Partying too much, as well.
[quote]And the latter reasons are why most folks seem to think Nevis has gotten more melancholy lately—publicly, at least.
[quote]But it ain’t the reason.
The real culprit behind Nevis’s more bummed-out moods these days has to do with a good friend becoming pregnant. It started getting Nevis much more sadface than he usually is.
Why? Well, not just because he loves kids and wants his own one day, but more specifically, because there was a private tragedy in his family a few years back involving a child—and few know about it. And Nevis doesn’t like to think about this unfortunate chapter in his life—in fact he makes an absolute point not to. But his pal’s good news has just brought it all crashing back down on him again, and N.D. just doesn’t know what to do besides screw around and get high—and avoid it all.
Sorry you’re feelin’ down, Nevis. But cheer up, we’re sure you’ll have your own family one day soon!
AND IT AIN’T: Adrian Grenier, Patrick Dempsey, Josh Brolin
- Also from that thread:
It should be noted here, that many stars who are for the most part straight, both male and female engage in these pressmances for stricly the benefit of the publicity.
Often there is absolutely nothing between them [even if they fucked once] but the appetite for "news" with all these fucking entertainment channels is insatiable and these things are concocted DAILY for the purpsoses of putting cameras and copy on the actors involved.
Obviously this happens between gay or bi actors and their beards. Sometimes they are very good friends who love each other platonically and are helping each other out. Sometimes they are purely matches made for the purpose of getting attention.
It is a business after all.
- I read through blinditemsexposed's comments on Nevis Divine. I can't think of anyone else that fits it. Any ideas?
How much of it do you think is true?
- From all the BIs I've read and pieced together, it seems like Pattinson is bi and Stewart is a gaybe.
Remember, there was one BI from last year or so from Buzzfoto that was revealed to be about Rob and Kristen.
[quote]We’re not even sure why the magazines keep pushing it, but this couple who are said to be romantically involved, are actually [anything] but. Sure, they’re having fun playing with the press, but it’s mostly because they are told it would be a good marketing strategy for their career. Everyone around them knows however, that they are just good friends, not lovers. One in all the media buzz is actually rumored to swing the other way. Not Chace Crawford.
- Except Chace Crawford DOES swing the other way, he's just not the one they're talking about in this case.
- I thought Ted said Nevis had never played a gay man in a movie and Rob was one in Little Ashes. Also he said that Nevis didn't do TV work and Rob made television movies back in he UK, so I doubt it's Rob.
- Maybe it's Tom Sturridge.
- Ted C is a little sloppy. It's definitely Rob. It just depends if you believe his blind items hold any truth.
- Dear Ted,
Thank you for all the years of entertaining goss! The mucky muck's at E! really need to give you your own show. Anyway, I have two questions regarding Nevis
Divine. Has he ever made a movie where his character had homo erotic feelings towards another man? Also, do his parents know that he is bi-sexual?
Dear Good Taste:
In order you mentioned: I agree!; yes and of course (and they're totally chill with it).
- Why is it definitely Rob when so much of the info is wrong?
- Has Rob commented yet on the news that his BFF Tom Sturridge is apparently the father of Sienna Miller's baby?
- R145, what info is wrong?
Because a couplidol people did a timeline of when Robert Pattinson was said to not be a blind vice when he was said to be a blind vice and Nevis Divine was the only one that fit.
And an accumulation of a whole bunch of little clues mentioned in "Bitch Backs."
- Nevis Divine isn't gay, he's bisexual. I don't have any statistics to quote, but I'm guessing the precentage of the population that has at least one homosexual encounter in their lifetime is a lot higher than 2 or 5%. I don't think that these people featured in Ted's BV's are all 100% gay. Some are, I'm sure, but given his predilection for vague phrases ("getting it on," "hooking up," "doing it," etc) these people may just be experimenting sexually. There may not even be any intercourse involved, because I doubt even Ted knows EXACTLY what he means when he says someone is "doing it" it with someone else.
Ultimately, you can choose to believe what Ted reports, or not. I choose to believe it, just a less extreme version of it.
- [quote]and doesn’t mind having some of his male BFFs double as daytime nookie partners, whenever Nevis is so inclined.
Well, Rob definitely has an intense group of male best friends. I guess they are all experimenting with each other?
This also explains all the group/three way dates. Why would you bring all your pals along if you are in a straight, monogamous relationship, with an equally straight woman?
- So is Rob having sex with members of the Brit Pack of guys?
- If Robert Pattinson is hooking up with guys there should be some evidence somewhere. Pictures or stories or something. This guy is HUGE and I don't understand how something like this could slip under that radar. It seriously makes no sense. Has anyone come across any pics of Pattinson with another guy that would prove he's interested in men?
By the same token, are there any real pics of Pattinson with women? I've read that he's hooked up with random fans etc but there's nothing anywhere. That makes no sense either. Everyone eventually gets caught ie Kutcher so why aren't there any pictures or legit strories and not one of those well i heard it from a friend of a friend.
- R151, on a previous thread there was a link to a guy guy on a nother forum who said Rob hooked up with a guy in West Hollywood a few months ago
- "Has anyone come across any pics of Pattinson with another guy that would prove he's interested in men?"
Well, there are the hundreds of photos of him out and about everywhere with Tom Sturridge. How about those?
- You're never going to find hard core evidence that an actor is gay. First of all, a gay actor is not going to flaunt that stuff, that's why they call it the closet.
Second, any respectable entertainment publication is never going to expose or out an actor if they want to stay in business or ever get access to other A-list talent. Star, US, People all play the PR game to 'in' celebrities.
What's more interesting is there is so very little evidence that Pattinson is straight. The relationship with Stewart is beyond bizarre, and you're right, he's rarely seen with other females. It's all very strange.
- Rob may be hiding in plain sight with Tom Sturridge. There are photos of them walking Rob's dog together, driving in Rob's car, shopping for underwear etc.
And Rob didn't seem to mind Andrew Garfield being all over him in those photos at the Golden Globes last year.
- Second, any respectable entertainment publication is never going to expose or out an actor if they want to stay in business or ever get access to other A-list talent. Star, US, People all play the PR game to 'in' celebrities.
Yeah but we have the internet which makes those publications totally obsolete.
What's more interesting is there is so very little evidence that Pattinson is straight. The relationship with Stewart is beyond bizarre, and you're right, he's rarely seen with other females. It's all very strange.
It's fascinatingly weird. I don't for one minute believe in robsten, but it beyond bizzare that there are no pics of this guy with other women or men for that matter. The pics of pattinson with his friend Tom just don't look sexual to me. They both look like nerdy geeks with zero sex appeal in all the candid pics I've seen of them. There's no intimate or romantic vibe between them just like there is no intimate or romantic vibe between him and Stewart.
- Most gossip blogs also just post the company line and post the same pics they get from all the agencies. Hollywoodlife, celebuzz, JustJared, and on and on. All of those are PR controlled.
The only internet gossip blogs who get a little snarky: Dlisted, Perez (used to be) have hinted at the Rob is gay angle, but again, they don't break gossip, so all of it is speculation.
- I actually do think Pattinson and Sturridge have looked comfortable, even intimate at times. I could see something happening there behind closed doors. Think of the amount of time they've spent together. Living together, going to Rob's premieres, on movie sets. Let's just say I wouldn't be shocked if they were "doing it."
I get nothing from Stewart and Pattinson. Every once in a while they turn it on for the cameras, but mostly they just look very awkward together. Like a brother and sister required to act romantic. It just never fits or looks comfortable with them.
- I believe Stewart is a 100% gay though, no question.
- Robert feels more comfortable with men then women.
- The only internet gossip blogs who get a little snarky: Dlisted, Perez (used to be) have hinted at the Rob is gay angle, but again, they don't break gossip, so all of it is speculation.
The thing is if Pattinson was hooking up with random people, men or women, why haven't they spoken up? If I hooked up with him I'd be all over facebook, twitter, and I would totally blog about it ad nauseum. I wouldn't need any publication or gossip site I'd go at it solo, yet none of his supposed random hookups have ever come forward and that's just incredibly lucky considering his level of fame. It's just not freaking possible if he's that promiscuous as has been implied in the blind items that it would not have come out (and this goes both ways with men or women). Men that are much less famous like Aston Kutcher, Liev Schriber, and Mike Tindall all got caught. Why isn't Mr. uber famous movie star getting caught with men or women if he's such a skank as the blind items would suggest? This is what makes this so freaking fascinating for me; there's just nothing out there.
Now the pics of Pattinson with Sienna's babydaddy are totally innocuous. I agree that he by far, looks more comfortable and intimate with Tom than he has ever done in any pics with Stewart, but there's no sexual energy in any of the pics I've seen. They look like two geeky, nerdy slobs. There's nothing remotely sexual in any of those pictures.
And that's what's so freaking odd about this guy. The relationship between Pattinson and Stewart is a total sham that some genius cooked up and the public eats up. (Incidentally, it was mentioned upthread about finger length indictaing sexual preference and Stewart totally has the gay fingers if we're going by that theory, but I couldn't find any pics of Pattinson's hands to indicate either way.) And yet unless he's a eunuch he must be getting it on with someone, and my theory is that he's with someone that the powers that be have deemed unsuitable. So it's a either a man (no need to explain that one), or he's with some woman that he shouldn't be with (fat , ugly old , etc).
The one thing that is totally beyond odd is that there is NOTHING that indicates to me that he is straight, bi, or gay. No real stories of prior relationships or pictures. This guy is almost 26 how is that even remotely possible.
- R161, there are actually several male celebrities whom that can be said about. Sidney Crosby is another one. As discussed on the Crosby threads, he always says he won't be dating girls until his hockey career is over, and he has never been seriously connected to a girlfriend.
- It's actually rare when somebody goes to the press saying they slept with a celeb. Think of how long Tiger Woods or Kutcher went before they were caught.
- Exactly, R163. There are thousands of famous celebrities, whether they are athletes, actors or politicians, and yet very rarely do people come forward talking about having sex with them. People seem to think that this information should be forthcoming in the news every day, but it's not like every ex-girlfriend of Colin Firth, Ryan Phillippe, Barack Obama etc. who knew them before they were famous decides to talk about their sex lives.
Most people decide to keep such things private, and I suppose that makes sense.
- Here's a 10 minute clip reel from Bel Ami.
Let me first say that Pattinson's line readings are not as wooden and stilted as usual, which I can guess you can say is an improvement on his "acting technique." Although he filmed Water for Elephants after this film and he was as lively as a block of wood there, so maybe not.
HOWEVER, he displays no inner life, no real subtext and ZERO on screen magnetism, sexual energy or chemistry with any of his female co-stars, or any woman in the general vicinity of the scene (I'm thinking of the scene were he's supposed to checking out the bargirl). We are supposed believe that this guy can seduce Uma Thurman, Kristin Scott Thomas, and Christina Ricci, but you get none of that in any of their scenes. There's just a total void. Pattinson is just dull, dirty looking, and bland, which is not how the character is supposed to be portrayed. After watching these scenes I came away with nothing. There's no there there.
- [quote]Every interview, every appearance is a carefully scripted enterprise.
No doubt about it.
- Robert let Andrew Garfield climb all over him at the Golden Globes last year.
- From those Bel Ami clips, it does look like Rob's acting is quite a bit better than it was in Water for Elephants. But it's hard to tell since the clips are so short. And his character is still suffering from that kind of lifelessness or vapidness or whatever the word might be--I guess that's just the essence of Robert Pattinson. Not much persuasiveness or fire.
[quote] Why isn't Mr. uber famous movie star getting caught with men or women if he's such a skank as the blind items would suggest? This is what makes this so freaking fascinating for me; there's just nothing out there.
Yes, it is freaking fascinating, but it's not odd that he hasn't been caught. If the people he's been with like him, even care for him, or are in the business themselves, they won't expose him, or probably more importantly, expose themselves.
- R168, as I explained above, we don't hear about the sex lives of 95% of famous people because most people don't discuss those things with the press.
- I guess we can speculate and gossip about R-Patz, but until he comes out (if he's in the closet) or someone outs him it's just that speculation and gossip. It is interesting that he has such a lack of romantic history with men and/or women. There's definitely a story there, and I just have a feeling that it's going to come out soon.
- Well there was the incident a few months ago when a guy called out "You're in the closet!" at one of the Twitard events. The video of it was posted here.
- Right R164. But the guy is such a, well, asexual type. Even in those Bel Ami clips, he comes across as a cold fish when he's supposed to be a hot and sexy animal (I guess) when he's with women. He just doesn't generate any sexual energy one way or the other.
And back to the gay finger theory, I don't know about the length of his fingers, but I do know that he has a set of incredibly Delicate Lady Fingers. For whatever that's worth.
Ms. Lady Finger
- Oh, I forgot about that "You're in the closet!" shout out. Such a funny way of putting it. I mean the guy didn't ask him if he was in the closet or when he would be coming out; he basically told him straight forward that he was in it. Very direct. No questions. Makes you wonder if the guy in the audience knew something.
- Rob & Andrew:
- [quote]I agree, Ted should be fired. Everyone knows he's talking about Rob Pattinson. What he's doing is defamation, saying Rob's high and drunk all the time, not to mention bisexual. For a gay guy he's awfully insensitive. Why all this energy to out someone? He who loves to brag about coining the phrase "Robsten" has shown time and again he's not a fan but an opportunist. Boycotting E! and Ted's board for good. Maybe if everyone did the same and didn't give them hits we can hurt them in the pocketbook and they'll take action. But until then, no one can complain.
Ted's readers aren't happy about his latest blind item.
- Tom, Andrew & Rob:
- BA Reviews..........Ouch
Joint directors Declan Donnellan and Nick Ormerod, here making their feature debut, are best known for their work with Cheek by Jowl, the avant garde theatre company they founded in 1981. If Bel Ami occasionally feels airless and overly art-directed that may partly reflect the period it’s set in, but also the directors’ over indulgence in facial close-ups. It’s almost as though they didn’t trust their actors to express emotions in mid-shot – the last thing you’d expect from theatre directors. This does Robert Pattinson as Bel Ami no favours, since in close up his face tends to lapse into the bovine, but at further remove he gives an alert amusedly insinuating performance. A scene where he plays tap with his soon-to-be lover Clothilde (Christina Ricci, appealingly kittenish) and her little daughter brings out the boyish charm that stands him in good stead with the Parisian ladies. Even so he is outpaced in the acting stakes by his trio of lovers, Ricci, Uma Thurman as his mentor and subsequently his wife, and Kristin Scott Thomas, touchingly vulnerable as his boss’s wife. As Thurman’s Madeleine notes, unwittingly setting Georges on his unscrupulous path to the top, in this seemingly male dominated society the really important people are the wives – and the same goes for the film.
Hugely insulting to cows
- Didn't they live together in the same London house late last year? They were photographed coming in and out of the same house together and separately so they were definitely staying in the same house for at least a few weeks. I honestly don't know what to believe.
He's so scruffy and unkempt and just from looking at him I would never be able to guess that he was into guys. But then again Ted Casablancas says about Nevis (who everyone assumes is Rob:) "He's more into girls than guys, after all." So maybe he's mostly with girls and occasionally dabbles with guys.
- Rob says he isn't with anyone.
- Are there any pictures of Rob, Tom and Sienna together?
- [quote]If you're asking me if I hook up with all my costars? Yes. Every single female member of the cast, in every movie I do. And male. Just anyone with legs.
[quote]I'm completely asexual
- It's amazing how rapidly the Tom & Sienna thing has happened.
Remember how up until a year ago people always talked about how Tom didn't have a girlfriend, and was always going everywhere with Rob? Well suddenly he and Sienna got together, and within a year she's pregnant and engaged to him.
You wonder if Summit saw all the talk online about Rob & Tom being a couple and told Tom he better get together with Sienna.
- R180, I don't think so. There are pictures of Tom and Sienna with Kristen (and Garrett Hedlund) though.
- Sienna Miller and Tom look like a couple in all the pics I've seen. They look very comfortable and into each other. It could be all fake but it does not come across like that. It's a very different vibe with Rob and Kristen. Sometimes I think they could be a couple because they are very comfortable with each other in some interviews and other public events, but the thing that makes me doubt them is the complete lack of pics of them showing natural pda.
- R184, I'm not saying whether or not they're a couple but I definitely know couples that almost never engage in PDA, even young couples. Couples vary.
- This was a candid photo and they do look couply here.
- What I have never understood is the need for this big secret. Why not be honest unless of course, you are selling a lie. No other hetrosexual couple behave as they do.
- They are behind the woman eating strawberries and Rob has his arm around Kristen. This was another candid shot. All of these pics are from the summer of 2010. and I have not found any other candid pics of them since. They were together in the same London house during the latter part of 2011. Who knows what their deal is.
- Reason for the secrecy:
- They're not actually dating (as you said)
- They're dating but it's more of a casual or on-again-off-again thing
- They don't want to get asked more in depth questions about each other
- They're paranoidly private people
- They've been told to keep answers ambiguous for PR-- this one can apply whether or not they are or have dated each other, this whole are-they-aren't-they-thing has drummed up more buzz than anything else would have, these threads wouldn't have lasted without it
- I think the fact that they have never confirmed or denied their relationship keeps it relevant. That's why we're here talking about them and will continue to do so. Who knows if any of it is true. Maybe the blind items are true and maybe not. They may just have the most clever PR of all time. I can't remember any other couple generating this much interest recently.
- If the Nevis Devine blind items are to be believed, then Kristen and Rob do hook up but also have an open relationship and see other people. It could be as simple as that. This relationship (whatever it might be) is very beneficial to both.
- Wow, this threat moves fast! My 2 cents:
[quote]Sienna Miller and Tom look like a couple in all the pics I've seen.
That in and of itself means nothing. In fact, their over the top PDA comes across as completely posed and planned. What team of photographers is following these two down deserted Vienna streets and Parisian museums? Tom is a nobody and Sienna is C list at best. And in fact, since they ARE nonentities, they need to put on a show to get published or blog hits. The PR around these two is very strategic and planned. Draw your own conclusions on whether this whole thing is real and not a PR campaign to get Tom a career and a girlfriend and Sienna some instant publicity.
[quote]I'm not saying whether or not they're a couple but I definitely know couples that almost never engage in PDA, even young couples. Couples vary.
But according to fan accounts, tabloid 'sources' and cast and crew, they are 'madly in love' and can't keep their hands off each other. And yet, not one picture exists where they really, truly look like a romantic couple. This is implausible if not impossible. And every time they do try to show some PDA for the paps (the staged Montreal pics and the Water for Elephants premiere) they can't seem to actually kiss and kind of look disgusted.
[quote]They've been told to keep answers ambiguous for PR-- this one can apply whether or not they are or have dated each other, this whole are-they-aren't-they-thing has drummed up more buzz than anything else would have, these threads wouldn't have lasted without it
Well, this certainly can't be denied. It's been a boon for the actors and the movies.
Kristen Stewart pings louder than a U-boat in enemy territory (that actually came from Urban Dictionary) and Rob at best is quite fem (although not as fem as say, Taylor Lautner). I simply don't believe Kristen Stewart is sexually or romantically attracted to men, but can't come out for obvious reasons.
As a female, I know that it's possible to have a completely nonsexual, platonic friendship with another man. That can include lots of alone time, even living together, hanging out, being comfortable with each other on a friendship level, but that is not, in fact, a romantic relationship. I think that's what's going on here, but the omnipresent Summit PR campaign has turned it into the epic love for our time because they know that Twihards will eat it up and it means more $$$.
That's all I got.
- If it's all fake they must be screwing other people, but nothing ever comes out. I just don't get how that's even possible with the level of fame that they both have.
- Tom and Sienna are reportedly engaged. Will Rob be the best man?
- Do you ever wonder if Rob and Tom come to this series of threads to laugh and laugh and laugh? Does Sienna join in?
- I actually think Lautner and Stewart are too of the actors pinging the loudest these days. Can anyone honestly name me any actors in hollywood today pinging louder.
- [quote]This does Robert Pattinson as Bel Ami no favours, since in close up his face tends to lapse into the bovine.
Oh, that Bel Ami review posted at R177 is not kind to Robert. Bovine. I'm pretty sure that's not a word he wants to be used to describe him.
- They're too busy having threesomes to bother coming here.
- Well I don't know about Stewart being gay or not, but she appears to have had at least one relationship with another man. Has Rob ever been with any other girls? Anyone? And that Nina doesn't count because there's no evidence they were ever a couple.
- He was probably involved with Tom at some point.
- Sorry but there's no real evidence that Tom and Rob were ever a couple other than rumor and speculation. That's what is so freaking weird to me about Rob. There's no real evidence he's ever been with anyone (male or female).
- [quote]If it's all fake they must be screwing other people, but nothing ever comes out. I just don't get how that's even possible with the level of fame that they both have.
We don't know who Taylor Lautner's fucking either and that boy is as gay as a pink tutu.
I also thought this BV from November should get reposted, since it does seem to say that Tom hooked up with Sienna to protect his more famous boyfriend's (Rob) NOT gay reputation.
[quote]We knew something didn't make sense!
When the deliciously sexy (and untraditional) movie star Nevis Devine started hanging out less with his on/off boyfriend, the almost-as-handsome Barrington Bang-Me, we thought it was just the natural ebb of Nevis' libido.
He's more into girls than guys, after all.
But then we discovered the downtime between the guys was far more to do with Barrington's master plot! Oh, what a tangled web these bisexual boys can weave!
Not that long ago, Barrington hooked up with a pretty visible gal. This was right around the time people were started to wonder what the hell's going on with the two guys, anyway.
But, no more! Bare's new babe (who's been around almost as much as Nevis has, hmm...) took care of those rumors.
However—surprise, surprise—things are rotten between Barrington and the beard.
But, what really is a surprise is the fact that we just discovered: Mr. Bang-Me only took up with said honey because he didn't want to endanger Nevis's career, he didn't give a you-know-what about his own reputation.
Is this love?
- Well since you seem to believe that those blind items are gospel truth, then it's also been clearly suggested in them that both Rob and Kristen fuck around. Yet nothing comes out eve, and that is what seems so improbable to me. I honestly believe that Robsten is going to implode soon because they can't keep it under wraps forever.
- From the blindvice: But, no more! Bare's new babe (who's been around almost as much as Nevis has, hmm...) took care of those rumors.
This makes it seem as if Rob is quite the player and fools around more than Sienna. Who is he doing and why don't we ever hear about it?
- You mistake me, R203. Ted C's blind items are convuluted and hard to understand. He could be completely full of shit, he could have taken a tiny kernal of truth and ran with it, or maybe it's all true. I have no idea. It's just food for thought and another theory to speculate on.
Tom and Sienna are a total WTF couple to me, and I would not be surprised if it were all for publicity and/or bearding purposes. If we can speculate that Whitney Houston married Bobby Brown and had his baby to stay in the closet, anything in Hollywood is possible.
Kristen Stewart is gay and I don't believe she's fucking Robert Pattinson or any other man. Just because we don't hear who they are hooking up with (if anybody) doesn't mean it's not happening. Jesus, Rachel Bilson and Katie Holmes have been with gay men for years, who's servicing them in the interim? Who knows?
Robert Pattinson is the most asexual seeming 'heartthrob' in recent history and can't seem to drum up chemistry with any woman on screen. Maybe it's just his lack of talent, but he has no sexual energy. Of course that could mean nothing, and he could still be bi/straight/gay/asexual in real life.
And what about Sarah Roemer? Was he really fucking her on the side? What about that account of the two of them going to see a play together? And this all came about when his 'girlfriend' was living in London, alone, and other than a week here or there (and when their movie premiered) he didn't go to live with her.
- [quote]1. \tPing \t\t
The sound you hear when someone sets off your gaydar.
[bold]Kristen Stewart pings louder than a U-boat in enemy territory.[/bold]
ping gaydar gay kristen stewart obvious lesbian
- R203, fuck around could mean everything from incredibly slutty (unlikely, because if this were the case there would be stories floating around the internet) to occasionally hook up with other people. If said other people are trusted friends or closetted actors word would not get around. I don't find it that surprising we don hear much.
I'm also not amazed at their minimal dating histories. Some people don't date much and/or are discrete about their casual flings/dates/hookups.
- Robert Pattinson could be straight, he could be bi. Fine, whatever.
Stewart is still a baby dyke who looks like she'd die to scissor Dakota Fanning or Nikki Reed. She seems completely miserable in the closet and it's fucked up her head.
- I think Kristen and Nikki had sexual chemistry.
Kristen and Dakota, not really. On film, yes.
Kristen doesn't even seem that deeply closetted. She listed off the pink power ranger and Natalie Portman as her first crushes in an interview. She isn't saying she's straight.
I still think she may be bi.
- [quote]Kristen and Dakota, not really. On film, yes.
There are many pictures where Kristen was obviously lusting after Dakota. As well as the The Runaways commentary where Kristen went apeshit when Dakota had to kiss a man on screen. "Get away from her!!" Kristen was very obviously very very into Dakota, you could hear the attraction in her voice. Oh, Dakota was so "tiny," during the scene were Kristen was cuddling her. She came to work on days she didn't have scenes to see Dakota. It's like she came out during that commentary.
If she describes or thinks she's bi, she seems to lean towards women. I think she's as obviously gay as Lautner.
- The Runaway commentary always sounded protective, not jealous, to me.
I think they both obviously ping. But might not be gay. I don't have that much faith in gaydar (mine or anyone else's).
- That sounds a little naive, R211. Come on, the commentary was totally sexual and gaydar THIS loud and blatant almost always=GAY. Gaydar does indeed work.
I'm not one that always believe an actor or actress is gay just because there are rumors, but in this case, yes, both are 100% gaylings. (I'm talking Lautner and Stewart here).
It was obvious since Panic Room, just like it was obvious that Jodie Foster was gay when she was just a kid.
The ballet scene was AMAZING!!!!
- "We don't know who Taylor Lautner's fucking either and that boy is as gay as a pink tutu."
It's possible Taylor isn't having sex with anyone yet. He's only 19 and his parents are religious Christians.
- Does anyone care who Taylor may or may not be having sex with? He's as boring as a rock, but for some unfathomable reason Robert and Kristen's "relationship" is fascinating.
- Taylor is 20, certainly old enough to be fucking SOMEBODY.
But yes, he's boring, R214.
- Taylor turns 20 this month, yes, but that doesn't mean he's having sex with anyone. Not all celebrities sleep around.
And remember, Taylor has an overbearing father and was raised in a fundamentalist Christian household. I think he wants to wait a few years before having gay sex. I don't think he's ready for his parents to find out yet.
- Yes, old enough to likely be fucking someone. But a 20 year old from a religious background not fucking anyone or having a minimal sex history wouldn't be unusual. Whatever, I agree with both of you, he's boring.
I find the other two weirdly fascinating though.
- Anyone read anything about Kristen attending the Bel Ami premiere with Rob?
- Although I can't stand Ted in writing or on camera most of the time, you have to admit that his Nevis Divine items fit Pattinson & Co. more than anyone else out there. The timing is almost always spot on. Hell, even Robsten fans sometimes get sucked in and admit that the items fit Rob's life.
- Perhaps Rob is staying celibate until marriage and that explains why there is no evidence of him ever being with anyone.
- Here you go, R218. But the source is Hollywood Life, so who knows?
[quote]Robert Pattinson is on his way to Berlin for the Feb. 17 premiere of his new film, Bel Ami without Kristen Stewart. After what we can only imagine as a wonderful and PDA filled Valentine’s Day, the 25-year old Twilight hunk jetted off to show off his sexy ways to the loving fans of Berlin.
- God. Once again, the PDA is imagined. Even on Valentine's Day. Who's paying these lame online tabloids to keep the pretense alive?
- He really does look like a retarded school boy.
- Looks like that dinner date with Sofia Coppola went nowhere. Robbie won't be in her next film.
Meanwhile, rumors of a teamup between Pattinson and director Sofia Coppola have been put to rest - with the talk stemming from a recent dinner meeting between the pair on February 3rd at The Musson & Frank Grill.
Denying anything official between the two was actor Stephen Dorff, who told HollywoodLife, “I’ve actually got a bit of gossip for you, I don’t think he’s in it. But she did meet with him. She’s my good friend.”
- Rob and Kristen's Romantic Date Night
- I'm sorry, my bullshit meter just exploded from overuse.
- Pics and Vids of Rob Leaving LAX February 15, 2012. Heading for Berlin
After the latest update on Nevis Divine (thank you for that update...he's my fave BV!), it left me wondering if Nevis & Percy DuBois have a specific tragedy in common?
Nevis and Percy have a lot in common, actually, and perhaps this, as well.[quote]
Percy DuBois is allegedly Alex Pettyfer, who was upset that Dianna Agron aborted their child. Ted is clearly insinuating that Rob was/is still upset over an abortion. There was a rumor back in late '08 / early '09 that Kristen had an abortion. Who knows?
- Were Kristen and Rob supposedly "together" in 08/09 though?
- I don't believe all these rumors of secret abortions.
- Maybe it has something to do with Nina (his ex); she's pregnant.
- Nina is pregnant too? Is she at least married to the guy who's the father? Or is it another out of wedlock baby?
- [qoute]Nina is pregnant too? Is she at least married to the guy who's the father? Or is it another out of wedlock baby?
Maybe Tom the daddy too. He seems to be able to "hit the mark" just fine.
- I was convinced at one point that Rob was Nevis because so many of the clues pointed to him, but it's just so obvious and I don't really trust Ted Casablancas. I think it's very possible that he's making it look like it's Rob to get attention; and I know some people though the original vice about Nevis was supposed to be about someone else and them Ted took advantage of Rob's fame and tried to make it look like it was him. At this point I don't know what to believe anymore. Ted makes Nevis sound like a total man whore who is constantly screwing around, and if that were the case someone would have talked by now. I'm starting to question how much this stuff is actually embellished and made up. I think it would be kind of insane at this point if Rob and kristen were actually together. It's really bizarre that not one of his many supposed hookups ever talks and that with his uber level of fame he gets away with doing it with both boys and girls.
- The only thing that would shock me at this point is if Rob and Kristen are actually are a real couple.
- R234, on a previous thread there was a link to a gay hookup forum where a guy talked about hooking up with Rob in West Hollywood last year
- I read that Rob and Tom have known each other and have been bffs since they were 12 and were in the same school together. Maybe they're just really close platonic friends, and Tom hangs around him to get his left over groupies.
Is there anyone aside form Ted who has claimed (assuming Nevis is Rob) that Rob introduced Tom as his boyfriend at some industry function?
- Was the gay hook up story legitimately believable or was it anonymous?
- Someone please post a link to the guy that says he hooked up with Rob. I can't find it.
- Whoa! Nina is one manly looking chick! Good god.
[quote]It's really bizarre that not one of his many supposed hookups ever talks and that with his uber level of fame he gets away with doing it with both boys and girls.
Not really. It's actually incredibly rare that a starfucker goes to the press. It happens, but not often. Otherwise there would be a sex scandal about a politician or celebrity every single day.
- It's like this fuggo doesn't care anymore, does he? About the way he looks or his career. He could not look more disgusting or ridiculous.
Poor Christina Ricci and Holliday Grainger, who looks nice and CLEAN.
- Rob looks horrible with that buzz cut. His fans were soooooo hoping Kristen would join him at the premiere in Berlin. But she's a no show. Once again.
And that Romantic Sushi Date story just won't go away, I guess. God. They were with her mother, so how romantic could that have been? When there's nothing else to cling to, I guess you have to squeeze the life out of what you have to spin the fantasy.
Rob and Kristen are platonic friends. Good friends, from the looks of things. But that's it, that's all.
- Another bad review for Bel Ami, including Pattinson's performance, which is riddled with tics, including the ol' flaring nostrils bit.
[quote]The truth is, sadly, that the promising opening detailed above is the high point of the film from the point of view of Pattinson's performance. He is not terrible by any means, and we were really trying to like him in the role for a long time, but eventually his twitchiness, which seems like a factor of inexperience and nervousness, unites with script and characterisation problems to alienate us from his role in a way that has nothing to do with the character's nastiness. It is as though Pattinson hasn't yet gained the confidence on camera to do less, and so in his many closeups there is always one too many things going on -- the nostril flare coupled with the eye twitch along with the twist of the mouth becomes an overwhelming cavalcade of tics when your face is thirty feet high. It's one of the reasons why we can never forget in this film that Pattinson is Acting; he feels like he is wearing the character like a suit of clothes or a layer of makeup, rather than inhabiting him.
- What about the nudity? How much does Rob show?
- [quote] and we were really trying to like him in the role for a long time, but eventually his twitchiness, which seems like a factor of inexperience and nervousness, unites with script and characterisation problems to alienate us from his role in a way that has nothing to do with the character's nastiness.
Twitchiness. It looks like Kristen gave him advice for this role. Or, since Robert thinks Kristen is a Great Actress, he's copying her acting technique. Poor guy.
- He seems to either overact to ridiculous effect, or just veer toward wooden inertness. Neither is good acting.
That reviewer was actually being quite kind. Boy can't act for shit.
- I think Rob is okay in certain roles, particularly those that are not heterosexual romantic leads.
He works well in his scenes in "Remember Me" with his younger sister, and he also has some good moments as Salvador Dali in "Little Ashes".
- It looks like his more, um, ardent fans, are not happy with that review.
[quote]to point out every expression , every Move of Rob is just lame...no actor is ridiculed like Rob...when Johnny makes his stupid Face or a Channing looks like he has no Idea where he is and what to do, or even Leo in Titanic and Gosling who has no range , just his cool collected smirk ( from CSL to IoM and even Drive) he isn' criticized like that..so you know what ..u said what you thought you have to say now please get a real Job, because its becoming like an addiction for you guys to rip Pattinson ...for a young actor he did a great Job as far as I can see from the trailer..and do keep in mind that this Movie was done over 2 years ago..so your description isn't valid anymore..
- Poor Robert Pattinson: The weight of proving himself, in a movie that doesn’t have the words “Twilight” and “Saga” in the title, is shaping up to be heavier than a vampire’s curse. In last year’s Water for Elephants, he had a charming naivete, a seemingly natural shyness that was wholly inoffensive, if not exactly memorable. And as social schemer Georges Duroy in Bel Ami, playing here at the Berlinale out of competition on the festival’s next-to-last day, he works harder to redeem himself than any actor should have to: He applies a scowl from Column A with an eyebrow furrow from Column B to express displeasure; Smirk No. 4 denotes a moment of extreme hubris. The effect is like watching an athlete trying not to break a sweat – you might want to root for him, but there’s a part of you that just wants him to let it all out already.
What is it about the guy? Under the direction of first-time filmmakers Declan Donnellan and Nick Ormerod, who have directed mostly for the London stage, Pattinson isn’t half-bad. He doesn’t overreach, which perhaps saves him from embarrassment. But he expends so much energy in his desire to be subtle that he’s the exact opposite of subtle — yet he doesn’t just go all the way and take the performance over the top. Duroy is a fellow of modest means, rattling around Paris bedding the women of influential men to increase his own wealth and power. (The movie was adapted, by Rachel Bennette, from Guy de Maupaussant’s second novel, and it’s a foamy — if somewhat snoozy — bit of picturesque entertainment.)
The problem may be that the women around Pattinson run circles around him. They’re the ones you remember, from Uma Thurman’s politically astute Madeleine Forestier, to Kristin Scott Thomas’s mouselike, aging skinny-minny Virginie Walters, to Christina Ricci’s Belle Époch sexpot Clotilde de Marelle. Pattinson, despite the fact that his character is trying to dominate these women, looks a little afraid of them: Perhaps paradoxically, he has more erotic wattage when he’s playing wan Victorian valentine Edward Cullen, his character in the Twilight movies. Here, in his stiff collars and glossy top-hats, he looks like a very lean bird dressed up for dinner, only he’s the one on the plate.
I’m wondering how an actor like Pattinson, a guy who’s had so much teenage longing projected onto him he’s practically a walking piece of fan fiction, can ever unravel the tight knots of his own self-consciousness. Or if he can. Watching him in Bel Ami, I found myself hoping he’d rally, looking for subtle glimmers of awareness that might suggest he knows he’s supposed to make us believe he’s a cad, not just act like one. He’s trying so hard — why can’t he use those lizardlike eyes, that cat-that-ate-the-canary smile, in the service of making us forget who he is? Maybe it’s because he can’t forget who he is. And that’s the stiffest, tightest collar any young actor can wear.
- I actually really liked what he wore to the news conference and the premiere, but I'm not crazy about his buzz cut; it's just not very flattering. I love costume dramas but will wait until Bel Ami is on Netflix to see it.
- I'll check out Bel Ami because I want to see what his naked ass looks like.
- He looks so much like Joran van der Sloot in those pics from Berlin Film Festival.......so creepy.
- Has he ever talked about his cock? Eg. confirmed that he is uncut?
- The only similarity between Rob and Joran van der Sloot is the haircut; they look nothing alike.
- Sorry, he does look like a creepy serial killer. He's not good looking enough to get away with wearing weird, ugly shit and the hair cut does his wonky face no favors. He also needs to look into dressing like an adult and not a child riding the shortbus. Somebody get his shit together, already. He just looks unprofessional, dirty and stupid.
And those reviews are interesting, if only because they are trying to figure out WHY he's such a mannered, self conscious actor. But he's always been that way. Talent-either you've got it or you don't. Waiting for this guy to turn in a good performance is a futile expectation. He's made enough movies since he was a teenager that he shouldn't be this nervous or inexperienced in front of the camera, as that one review said he seemed. He's simply NOT an actor. None of the Twilight cast is. They all got lucky but that's about it.
- The reviews are scathing. Again, it's the same critisims- no charisma, confidence or technique.
[quote]"I had no conception of the depths of your emptiness!" a character shrieks in "Bel Ami," and her words take on an unintended resonance as addressed to Robert Pattinson in the lead role. Displaying little in the way of wily self-assurance, charisma or gravitas, the "Twilight Saga" heartthrob doesn't exactly invigorate this flailing English-language adaptation of Guy de Maupassant's much-filmed novel about a handsome scoundrel seducing his way up the social ladder in 19th-century Paris.
[quote]But it's one thing to embody a moral void, quite another to look merely vacant, and in scene after scene, Pattinson registers a visible strain in negotiating the character's shifts from slick, droll charm to animal-like desperation and thwarted rage. The sort of self-styled gentleman who should theoretically be able to stroll into a room and mesmerize everyone in it by sheer force of personality, this Duroy instead seems to be constantly referring to mental notes from "Ladykilling for Dummies" as he mystifyingly wends his way into the sympathies of three well-married women.
- [quote]When Georges shows his true colors, one of his key stepping stones, Madeleine (Uma Thurman), says, “I had no conception of the depths of your emptiness.” As so often happens in Bennette’s adaptation, she’s stating the obvious. The assessment is aimed at the venal character but applies equally to the charisma-free performance, in which there’s nobody home.
[quote]That’s a big problem when we are expected to buy the beguiling magnetism of this dullard, who is short on conversation skills, social graces and virility but leaves every woman he meets spellbound.
[quote]Pattinson is without gravitas, and while the women are generally more watchable, he has little chemistry with any of them.
- When is this kid going to realize that he cannot act! How many bad reviews does it take to finally sink in?
He will forever be know as "Edward Cullen" the moody, sullen, weakly vampire.
There have been a few comments from actors he has worked with in post Twilight movies that have referred to him as being "childlike". I tend to agree. But as long as he has the twilight fans who think this kid walks on water, I'm afraid he's gonna be around for a while.
Directors will keep putting him in their movies only because he can draw in the twilight fans who blindly throw their money away on this horrible actor.
He is the ultimate "cash cow".
- He is absolutely not a cash cow. Checking his box office record, at the very height of his Twilight fame he has not managed to bring a movie to even $80 million domestic American box office. Not even close to it. His fans, baring the very hardcore ones, only care about Twilight and Edward Cullen (Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart have the same problem. We'll see if Snow White can change that for her but so far nobody has even heard her speak a word of dialog). There are not enough lunatics in the world to overcome his extreme mediocrity and his poor choice in scripts.
All hype, no substance. It's going to catch up to him soon once people realize he actually doesn't bring in the massive Twilight audience.
Oh and yes I agree there doesn't seem to be much going on upstairs. Childlike is kind. The lights are on but nobody is home. He looks and dresses and seems to act like a kid-which could be the reason he seems so asexual and has no sexual chemistry with his female co-stars. That seems to be a problem again in Bel Ami. One review called his sex scene with Uma Thurman "awkward." When aren't his sex scenes awkward?
I almost feel sorry for him because he's in WAY over his head. He just does not have the instinct or talent for acting and is a complete void on screen. He's like watching a paint dry. There's no there there. Acting is more than just reciting lines. It's about bring a heart and soul to a character, creating an inner life. Pattinson does not know how to do that and he seems like such a dolt, he probably doesn't even know where to begin.
He seems relatively sweet and harmless, but an actor? No, just no.
- Check out some the comments from The Hollywood Reporter review. The fans are so incensed at the poor reviews they've taken to attacking the writer, the critical profession as a whole, accused the reviewer of being biased or jealous of Pattinson's good looks and money, and angry that the reviewers dare to even mention Twilight in the article (because that's so two years ago and Pattinson is beyond Twilight now, dontcha know.) They don't think Pattinson is getting a 'fair' break.
They also don't think criticizing his acting in Bel Ami is relevant anymore because the film was made over 2 years ago and he's 'grown' since then. Logic is not these people's strong suit.
They are now waiting for Cosmopolis to really show the world Rob's wonderful acting talent. Of course they say this after every film, waiting for that one role that will convince everybody (and themselves) that Pattinson can actually act. And after each failure the goal post is moved. They are hanging on to the hope that David Cronenberg will make an actor out of him. If that one goes bust, I don't know what they'll do.
- First Remember Me was his big break, then WFE, BA and now Cosmo. I guarantee David Cronenberg will spend the next few months telling us how good an actor he is. Is that normal? I have never heard of any other actor being praised for his acting skills in the way RP is? Really have they watched the shit he puts his name to? He seems to have been seduced to the HW lifestyle where everyone tells you, you can be anything you want, have everything you want and your terrific. He got Kristen Stewart - lifes a fuckin bitch.
- Will Cronenberg get Rob to do a lot of nudity?
- Twilight film star Robert Pattinson has reportedly splashed out about £4million on a luxury mansion in Los Angeles.
The 25-year-old British actor, who plays vampire Edward Cullen in the movies, is believed to have bought a three-bedroom Spanish colonial-style property in the trendy Los Feliz area of the city.
Publicly available records show the home was bought by the Longford Trust, which is administered by Pattinson’s long-time manager and friend Nick Frenkel.
It is understood that the actor, currently in Berlin for the premiere of his latest film, the period drama Bel Ami, moved into the house only recently despite making the purchase last September.
A source said: ‘It is a gorgeous property with sprawling grounds which include a solar-heated swimming pool.
There are three big bedrooms and three bathrooms, and the whole place is walled, gated and has a state-of-the-art security system.’
Pattinson and his Twilight co-star and real-life partner Kristen Stewart, 21, are believed to share the 4,000 sq ft home.
Ironically, the neighbouring house is owned and occupied by the Order of Columban Fathers, a missionary group of Catholic priests.
A local estate agent joked: ‘I doubt they will be too concerned to have a vampire living in their midst.’
Pattinson’s house was originally built in 1921.
The grounds contain a private amphitheatre and there is an extensive wine cellar.
Previous owners include ER star Noah Wyle and Australian film director Robert Luketic (Legally Blonde).
Neighbours include singer Gwen Stefani and husband Gavin Rossdale.
The Los Feliz area is considered ‘super-trendy’.
Madonna owned a house there, and Will.i.am of The Black Eyed Peas and Flea of Red Hot Chili Peppers live in the LA suburb.
- "Pattinson and his Twilight co-star and real-life partner Kristen Stewart, 21, are believed to share the 4,000 sq ft home. "
I doubt it.
- Here we go again with the house buying and sharing the "love nest" with mcScowley.
- And don't they realize how contradictory and hypocritical it is to be giving the impression they are living in sin when that is the total opposite of the ideology of the Catherine Hardwicke 'Twilight' novels?
- R266, Catherine Harwicke was the director (who also directed Thirteen, so I doubt she has that old fashioned an ideology). Stephanie Meyers is the writer of the novels.
- Whoops. Meant to say Stephanie Meyers.
- [quote]He's like watching a paint dry. There's no there there.
Ouch, R259. But I am afraid you are right. The watching paint dry syndrome certainly was the case in Water for Elephants. That's the only film I've seen him in, and once was enough, thank you very much.
- [quote]Uma Thurman seems rather awkward as Madeleine, and while she looks the part, there is little chemistry between her and Pattinson. The pair also have to share an incredibly poorly staged sex scene, that does neither of them any favours.
So once again, Robert is incapable of pulling off a convincing sex scene with a woman.
- What till you watch Taylor Lautner try to pull off a convincing sex scene with a woman!
- Oh look! It's a British dandy!
- Star Kristen Stewart compares her gritty take on Snow White to her Twilight character:
"They both come to find that they're leaders. That's definitely a similarity. Both of them are sort of a little more intuitive and spiritually, for whatever reason, connected, and their gut is always sort of dead right."
She also explains how her warrior costume informed her performance:
"That's the first thing you wanna do is, ‘ahhh!' [Pounds her chest and screams like Tarzan.] And [the dress underneath] is so wearable. I also have puffy sleeves. [bold]Somehow she manages to make puffy sleeves look butch."[/bold]
Oh, just come out already! You make EVERYTHING look butch!
- Aerial shot of Rob and Kristen's new place. You can see Kristen's Mini Cooper and Rob's vintage Chevy in the driveway.
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/HKXFdvdWJQ7/Robert Pattinson s New House/2Zl-aqcADUV
- Pic of two of Kristen's friends in Robsten's house on New Years. You can see Rob's reflection in the window.
- Robsten's pool, also on New Years
- Rob's hands and pants and dog Bear's tail
- [quote]Rob's hands and pants and dog Bear's tail
You can tell that by that picture, super sleuth?
- R274, etc, don't you have a job or kids to raise or something? God. How long did it take you to find those, um, interesting photos?
A Robsten Has Landed Here. Again.
- They stayed in the same London house last year and were seen coming in and out together and separately. I also read weeks ago that they threw a New Year's eve party in a house in Los Feliz, and now this. I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around the idea they might actually be legitimately together and that all the bling items were bs. I have no idea what to think.
- [quote]Aerial shot of Rob and Kristen's new place. You can see Kristen's Mini Cooper and Rob's vintage Chevy in the driveway.
You know what kind of cars they drive? You poor thing,
- [quote]You can see Rob's reflection in the window.
I can? Because I squinted and looked and I really didn't.
- Links to the pics are readily available on Ted C's E! Awful Truth board. They were posted by Kristen's friend last month. I didn't have to stalk anything, I just found them on Teddy's board o' crazy.
- Her friends are posting private photos on Ted's Twilight insanity board?
Well...that's fucking bizarre.
- And all this when Bel Ami has just the worst review. PR.
- Kristen's friends aren't posting the links at Ted's. Robsten fans who post at Ted's are posting links to pics Kristen's friends put up on their instagrams and twitter pages. Some are calling these friends famewhores who are sellling their friendship with Kristen and Rob for attention.
- Why are they living in sin before marriage? That's what I'd like to know. Doesn't that go against the whole Twilight philosophy?
- Link to the Ted board with said comments:
- There's absolutely no way I can wade through the fucking insanity that is Ted's board, but I have no idea how one can identify a person's hands or a tip of a dog's tail or somebody's reflection in a window. These people are fucking nuts.
The new 'love nest' nonsense is just like the other 'love nest' bullshit. But this is how bearding arrangements work, of course.
- [quote]Some are calling these friends famewhores who are sellling their friendship with Kristen and Rob for attention.
But then they are reposting these stupid pictures for all the crazy fans to see! Don't they realize their own hypocrisy?
- How many twinks is Robert having brought into his new mansion?
- Leaked photo of Robert and Kristen at Scout Taylor Compton's birthday party on Saturday.
- The party was, um, "dirty dancing" themed.
- Who's the guy sitting next to Rob?
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart were photographed holding hands at a friend’s party on Feb. 19 but Dr. Lillian Glass says the photo doesn’t scream true love. In fact, she says Kristen looks more into Rob than he does with her. Could this mean trouble in Robsten paradise?
“They are super comfortable with one another, perhaps a bit too comfortable to the point he may be taking her for granted as he looks away from her and doesn’t acknowlege her,” Dr. Glass says. “Also both her hands are cupped indicating she may be a little angry for not getting that attention. Rob doesn’t smile or reach back out to her. While they may still be an item, this may be a slight sign that the passion may be waning, at least on his part. It is unusual since we always saw him all over her in past photos and she appeared to be the aloof one. Now the tables may be turned.”
- That photo could just as well scream true friends as true love.
- Is the guy sitting next to Rob his new boyfriend?
He kind of pings.
- Apparently Tom Sturridge get a 'special thanks' in the Bel Ami credits.
I wish I had Dr. Lillian Glass's job. Sounds wonderful. Yet I have to refute the good doctor. They aren't holding hands in that picture.
- Good God. Her breath must stink what with the cigarette and all. Lovely.
- R298, did Tom Sturridge receive a special thinks for providing Rob with 'relief' during the shoot?
- She always has her hands cupped (or partially cupped) when she's around Rob. Weird. I mean when people hug each other out of love and desire, their palms are usually open since there's so much sensual feeling in them.
And you don't need to be Dr. Lillian to know that.
- Why would Tom Sturridge get a special thanks for Bel Ami? Unless, of course, he and Rob, well, you know.
Because to the best of my knowledge Tom doesn't have any technical skill, and he sure as shit can't act.
- Friends hang on each other and show affection when they are drunk and at parties. And Kristen seems at times somewhat of a clinger with friends, but then at other times she seems repulsed and annoyed by Pattinson.
Of course every 3 months we need another round of "proof" they are a couple but this doesn't really tell you anything one way or another.
It's one brief second in time, who knows what else is going on.
- They look very intimate in that photo, but I think it's impossible to tell from it what their true relationship is all about.
- [quote]Who's the guy sitting next to Rob?
From the LChat board:
cj (scout's friend), who was with them in the pic had some interesting tweets today. he got into it with some fans
"fuck the guy who snapped a picture when we weren't looking"
second one " (this one was then deleted but people retweeted it)
"But if you really knew the whole story......"
Whatever THAT is supposed to mean.
And as the girls at LChat said, it's just a photo of a supposed boyfriend/girlfriend, it's completely benign. They aren't doing drugs or anything inappropriate. Why all the "fuck that" anger over, essentially, nothing?
And Rob appears to be looking directly in the camera. Nobody realized somebody took out their phone and snapped a pic? Couldn't they have demanded it be deleted right then and there?
These people are fucking unreal.
- I fail to see the importance of this photo, it looks like she's reaching for a lighter in his hand and he looks shocked that someone is taking a picture.
- [quote] "But if you really knew the whole story......"
Oh yes I know....they both are gays, and this was a PR stunt that you guys leaking pics to the sheeps. We know everything!!
- My theory is that something huge is going to be revealed about one of them (probably Rob since there were rumors about this recently), and the flurry of stories about their new house and now the leaked pic are being put out there to somehow deflect whatever is coming out.
- Well, I don't know about that R308, but Pattinson's career is certainly on a downward trajectory. Bad reviews, bad scripts, bad roles, mediocre acting talent. Minute 14?
And $6.3M for THAT house? Shabby grounds, unremarkable pool, what looks like no view. And he probably won't be able to unload it for more than $6M even in an aggressive market. He overpaid. Whoever is advising him on his investments is an idiot.
Anyhoo, this situation is just so strange to me. You have a seemingly straight, boyfriend/girlfriend who the media tells us is in love but never act like it, who also appear to be the GAYEST seeming Hollywood actors working today, with a following of a bunch of fundie, homeophobic fat middle aged housewives who live vicariously through them. Bizarre.
And yet it seems like the only people who do think they are straight are the most oblivious straight people in the world, you know, the kind who even thought even Ricky Martin and Matt Bomer were just normal, heterosexual men. My gaydar EXPLODES with these two, especially Kristen.
And regarding the picture and this CJ person going apeshit on Twitter. Well, it looks like they are in a private house (Solo cups? Bars/restaurants don't serve drinks in red plastic cups. That's for house parties). So what guest took the picture and uploaded it? Did they know this person? And I'm not buying that they didn't know they were getting their picture taken. Pattinson is looking right at the camera. And why the Twitter freak out? What's the big fucking deal? And what is the whole story? Stupid.
This people are just too fucking weird for my taste. I think Kristen is gay, Pattinson veers toward the asexual side of things. That's my gut feeling.
- C.J. is openly gay and is known for selling drugs to Kristen's Hollywood crowd. He and Kristen's lesbian bff Jessica made a couple of road trip to Baton Rouge when Robsten was there shooting Breaking Dawn in late 2010. He, Scout and Jessica love to drop cryptic clues about hanging out with K on their Twitter feeds, and then feign shock when fans respond. Famewhores to the max.
- [quote]He, Scout and Jessica love to drop cryptic clues about hanging out with K on their Twitter feeds, and then feign shock when fans respond. Famewhores to the max.
Just like Stewart and Pattinson drop cryptic hints that they are dating and then feign shock when people express interest. It's a bullshit game.
They are all famewhores.
The poster upthread who thought CJ pinged? Gold star for you, you were right!
- Famewhores hanging out with famewhores, immature ppl stick together!! His friends always show up in every PR stunts with paps being called, obvious to get themselves some publicity to advance their career.
And her friends always tweeting, throwing a bone to the sheeps, playing them and enjoying all the attention. They are so cruel. It is a wonder what money and fame can do to people.
Ditto on everything you said. When they said it was at private birthday party in a restaurant I said "bullshit". What restaurant employee is serving alcohol at 3am, in dixie cups no less!
Yes, Pattinson is looking right at the camera, he knows fully well he's being photographed.
They all like to play games with the fans. I guess they get some kind of rush out of it. Having all that time and money on your hands makes you into an idiot I guess.
Yep his career will go nowhere. Nobody wanted him before twilight. He just got a lucky break with that.
- A restaurant employee who would start snapping pictures of celebrities as they are being served would be fired on the spot.
- R306, my thoughts exactly.
[quote]... who also appear to be the GAYEST seeming Hollywood actors working today, with a following of a bunch of fundie, homeophobic fat middle aged housewives who live vicariously through them.
That part amuses me far more than it should. That isn't their whole fan base, but it does appear to be a large and very enthusiastic segment of their fan base. They also both are unkempt stoners that don't appear to be especially traditionalist. They are so far from that Bella/Edward image. I find it funny.
- Not to mention the fact that the latest Twilight film was directed by a gay man! Bill Condon.
- Meyers a vampire that sparkles and bites pillows. And shirtless wolf pack and Jacob and Edward bonding in a tent... Unintentional gay subtext (I assume it was unintentional on Meyers part). I think the cast picked up on it though...
Next to all the everyone-is-straight and wait-until-marriage it entertains me.
- New Pics of Kristen in LA - February 23, 2012:
Balenciaga Oscar after-party oufit, perhaps?
- [quote]this situation is just so strange to me. You have a seemingly straight, boyfriend/girlfriend who the media tells us is in love but never act like it, who also appear to be the GAYEST seeming Hollywood actors working today, with a following of a bunch of fundie, homeophobic fat middle aged housewives who live vicariously through them. Bizarre.
You've summed it up perfectly, R309. The real Kristen and Robert are far removed from their core fan base, yet these women can't separate them from their Twilight roles. And even a photo like that in which both of them look like grungy stoners, will no doubt be turned into some romantic sparkle moment.
- Perhaps Robert is a virgin?
- Looking miserable as usual.
- Pattinson looks like such a mess. He has for awhile but it's worse and more consistent lately.
"Both chain smoking in the corner" is exactly how I picture both of them at most social functions.
- Same old thing. Tweets about PDA, but nothing captured in photos. Kristen "hiding" and Robert looking sour (and, um, smelly) walking in front.
- Their relationship means more to me than their acting.
- She could not look more gay if she tried.
- [quote]Pattinson looks like such a mess. He has for awhile but it's worse and more consistent lately.
- Oh I see she glammed up her trucker wear with a heel, not sneakers. Fancy.
The gay is still overpowering, which must be why they look so miserable. Because going to a pre Oscar night? Looking to be SEEN. So the faux outrage at the paparazzi is just ridiculous.
And Pattinson looks like he's going to pull a Whitney Houston soon.
- The look on pattinson's face is priceless (not in a good way).
Run Bob run, oh wait, you left something in the bushes there, oh its only a stray dog lookin for scraps! Move along.
- [quote]Same old thing. Tweets about PDA, but nothing captured in photos. Kristen "hiding" and Robert looking sour (and, um, smelly) walking in front.
Those tweets seem to be made up of mostly gossip bloggers.
That celebuzz article about the PDA between Pattinson and Stewart, Taylor Lautner hanging around and then the potential hook up of America's favorite beard, Taylor Swift, and America's favorite fundie, Tim Tebow, is like the perfect storm of Hollywood showmancing. A DL wet dream.
- If Rob is looking worse these days, perhaps it's because he's upset that his lover Tom Sturridge is having a baby with Sienna Miller.
- They both seem like a couple of miserable closet cases to me. No happy couple act this put out, miserable and drugged up around each other all the time.
This kind of clinches it for me.
Watch Pattinson enter some kind of rehab program once the last Twilight movie is released. God knows he needs it.
- Still no reviews up at RT for Bel Ami. That's usually a bad sign.
- When does 'Bel Ami' come out in North America?
- It's supposed to come out on March 2nd. The only reviews I've seen so far are in the British press. Very few kind words for Robert's performance. Apparantly, the multiple close-ups of his face are not a good thing, unless of course you are a Twihard.
- Are people impressed that he shows his ass?
- RT doesn't even list it coming out on March 2nd anymore. There is no release date according to that website.
- [quote]The only reviews I've seen so far are in the British press.
Indiewire, Variety and the Hollywood Reporter all declared open war on the film and Pattinson's horrible performance.
- The resemblance is uncanny.
- Wow. Ouch. I see what you mean, R337.
[quote]We get Georges’ number in early glimpses of Pattinson glowering at the shabby walls of his cramped apartment or enviously watching the Paris swells. He’s at his most expressive when clobbering a cockroach to death. But there’s no inner life in the miscast actor’s one-dimensional characterization. He lacks the fundamental guile for the role, played in one of the best-known previous versions (1947’s The Private Affairs of Bel Ami) by the inimitably supercilious George Sanders.
- So odd that the March 2 date is gone at RT. Are they going to go back and edit or something? Or maybe they are going to let it go directly to DVD. Oh, I can't stand the pressure!
Robert P. Biting His Nails
- I'll take a look at it when it comes out on DVD.
Hopefully we can get a good look at Robert's ass.
- [quote]Razzie Awards Nominees Include Adam Sandler and 'Twilight''s Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner
- Is this her first Razzie nom? About time!
- Did Rob not get a Razzie?
Guess that means he's considered a better actor than Kristen & Taylor.
- They all get nominated every year. Surprising Rob was spared this time.
- My acting is improving!
- I thought you bitches would enjoy this.
P.S. I was nominated for a Razzie for my illustrious performances in Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Remember Me. I'm also up for Worst Couple and Ensemble this year so don't count me out yet!
- That clip is hilarious. Especially the build up with the music. But, God, that's truly an awful "performance" there. What was he thinking? Oh wait. He was thinking "The critics will love me in this role. I'm the new and angry James Dean of the 21st century." Yeah. Right.
- [quote]Decked out in a black-grey ensemble and sporting a new cropped haircut under his black cap, he has barely sat down, with a pack of Camels by his side, before he’s folded up in mirth, talking about the KitKatClub, a notorious Berlin sex joint, and his desire to patronise it with his family. Is he joking? I hope not. “I was telling my dad about it last night, and he sounded really into it. ‘I’m coming over — let’s go to the orgy club.’ ”
[quote]The actor smiles patiently — he can’t escape, even if he’d like nothing more. He does better at the afterparty, hiding away from prying eyes with his parents and two sisters in an inner sanctum. If he didn’t, he’d be facing similar encounters all night. Pattinson was last spotted venturing into the Berlin night with his family, on their way, he said, to the KitKatClub.
PapaPattz and the fam are kinky!
- [quote]It was funny to watch Kristen Stewart play on her phone and ignore Rob all night, while he downed drinks.
- Reading about him pontificate on ACTING while seeing what he actually shits out on screen is truly hilarious.
- This is from December, 2009 but I only saw it this weekend after it was linked at another site:
My friend's bud worked on a film with Kris's ex. Kris's Ex is actually bisexual as is Kris. Kris only dates Bisexual men. aaaannnyyway, I was telling him how much I wanna do rob (who is also bisexual) and he told me he worked with his girlfriend's ex. I guess Kris dumped her Ex for Rob. Rob was being pushy and giving her the whole "him or me" and she picked rob. Kris's ex HAAAAAAAAAAATES rob. loathes him and has always been really jealous of him. lol Kris and Rob became unhealthily obsessed with eachother from the start and pissed off her ex to high heavens. Kris is far more attracted to Rob than she was her ex. She barely had sex with her ex and it was more of a convenience relationship. Rob, she was into and they were always ****n. (who can blame the girl?)
Kris and Rob are on a tight leash from the higher ups.Being told not to tell anyone they're together and stuff like that. When they arrived at the airport together the week Rob spent Thanksgiving with Kris's fam, They were being told to stand miles away from eachother and it really upset Kris. She threw a fit in the car.
- That sounds like more fantasy from fans, R353.
Sorry, not buying it.
- (354) couldn't agree more
- Oh, I was the one that linked that, R353, I didn't think anyone payed much attention to.
The Kristen Stewart prefers dating bisexual men rumor amused me. I've heard bi guys say they prefer dating bi women multiple times but rarely the reverse (I did once have a friend say she could see me dating bi guys but not straight guys...).
- Do straight guys find Kristen Stewart attractive?
- R357, not at large but she has a group of straight guy fans on imdb, they had a thread discussing the matter awhile back. Mostly women find her attractive.
- That tweet at R351 sounds about right. It's not hard to picture that scenario at all. Maybe that's the hot so-called PDA all of the insiders get to see and report about.
- I can buy that both of them are bisexual although I'd still bet money that Kristen is 100% gay. But the last part of the post at R353 doesn't work for me. I can't picture Kristen throwing a fit because they were told to stand miles apart. Nah.
- "I can buy that both of them are bisexual"
I wonder what Stephanie Meyers thinks about the fact that half the Twilight cast is either gay or bisexual?
- That was funny read. Studio didn't want to reveal their relationship? Bitch please, they whore that thing out like there's no tomorrow. It's their only marketing strategy.
The thing about airports though. Everyone knows that airport pics of R and K, were basically the main point of the promo tours. It was always made to look like it's just the two of them taking romantic, full of PDA flight (which always was witnessed by some lucky Twihard and reported on twitter). When in reality Taylor was always with them. But Studio didn't want it to look like just co-workers taking a flight, so he always had to take the VIP exits/entrance route.
It baffles me how they still never use the private exit option, but always front and center where paparazzi are. Yet both moan and insist how private they are.
- Kristen should be embarrassed to be pictured with stunning Charlize. And we're supposed to buy that Kristen is the "fairest in the land" in SWATH? Bitch, please!
- Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart's PDA-filled Pre-Oscar Party:
- [quote]Kristen should be embarrassed to be pictured with stunning Charlize. And we're supposed to buy that Kristen is the "fairest in the land" in SWATH? Bitch, please!
I'm still wondering why all the clips released of the movie still don't show Stewart speaking even one line. I'm just wondering how bad her acting could possibly be.
- I think People must have a sense of humor.
Their next article:
[quote]Bradley Cooper & Zoe Saldana Party in L.A. – with His Mom!
- These articles breathlessly reporting PDA, gentle affection, steamy chemistry, smooching in a corner, by "onlookers" and "sources" are just so over used and transparant. Look at their last "Caught In The Act" article about Bradley Cooper and latest beard Zoe Saldana and tell me you can't just cut and paste any celebrity "couple" (including and especially Stewart and Pattinson who have been the subject of MANY of these) into the scene with no trouble at all.
How can anybody not see how manufactured this is?
Castmates and rumored off-screen couple Bradley Cooper and Zoe Saldana weren't coy about their relationship status at Sundance! The costars were spotted taking their romance public, smooching at a cocktail party for their film The Words at the Park City, Utah, film festival.
"They were kissing in front of the fire and being very affectionate," an onlooker tells us of the pair, who so far have been silent about their budding romance. Adds a source: "They are definitely very together."
Another onlooker at the party says that the pair were caught in an intense conversation and were giggling, with Saldana touching Cooper's arm as he told a story before they retreated to a couch together. Adds the onlooker: "They were like two seventh graders. The electricity was out of this world."
The night before their PDA-filled party at Montage Deer Valley, the two attended an Acura-hosted premiere dinner together. The private party drew about 50 people, just castmembers and close friends of the actors, and Saldana and Cooper were spotted interacting with everyone at the dinner. Everyone was laughing a lot, a source says, and people were dancing as a deejay spun tunes.
-  i am with u.. that crapy story seems all the same to me..( they kiss and then hold hand and talk next to each outher hear.. and blablablabla)...
the romance between kristen and robert its funny cause when they are togther they look unhappy.. but if u see the last pics of here with her publicist she seems normal...
Playing with the fan base is not good... cause when they found out the truth about that.. things gonna be nasty for both of them...
And just don´t give the " she is young and have time to get better" Dakota Fanning is younger than Kristen and doesn t behave like that..
sorry for the bad english
- Playing with the fan base is something I think they both enjoy doing, especially Robert Pattinson.
- R369 Ditto!! I was so mad at them whenever they were pretending to be pissed off and hiding from paps taking their pics. STOP pretending for god sake, put your acting better use at your dying movie career!!!
- I actually believe that they both get somewhat irritated with it because I think almost anyone would. And they both come across authentically a bit on the shy side. At the same time, I think they enjoy fucking with people's heads, the fandom, media, and studio. They say things to get a rise out of people. But "jokes" are a good smoke screen against having to reveale any actual personal information.
- [quote]Kristen should be embarrassed to be pictured with stunning Charlize. And we're supposed to buy that Kristen is the "fairest in the land" in SWATH? Bitch, please!
"Kristen, can you just...no, not like that. Uh, ok. Charlize, yes, perfect, you look fab. Uh, Kristen, we're looking for fierce, not drab here... Oh, whatever, just stand off to the side, and do...whatever it is you do."
- I'm a true believer that Pattinson & Stewart f*ck with the fans. They know there's bloggers and tumblr and twitter accts out there that worship the ground they walk on....come on. Pattinson is really not serious about his acting career. He's a lazy ass bum who comes from a family with means. He's never held a real job or had to want for anything.
But I think the shits about to backfire on them. It seems that more pro Pattinson blogs are shutting down because they know he makes fun of them and is not serious about acting.
@Trust_N_Believe they always poked fun at Pattinson but were on his side They did not like Stewart at all, or the fighting amongst robstens and nonstens. They are giving up on him because they have seen the light, he doesn't want the exposure or press.
I can't wait for this train wreck to come screeching to a halt!
- R361, I actually wonder. The only thing I know about her is that she's mormon and her taste in music. I don't know if she's a dedicated Mormon or just Mormon in name. Her taste in music indicates she's either not super homophobic or if she is, she's dense; she listen's to a lot of My Chemical Romance and Placebo and some Patrick Wolf... (The lyrical content of those bands is all at times blatantly gay.)
- And now I'm wondering if I ever read fanfiction written by Meyers. Her themes are very stereotypical of fanfic. And a lot of fanfic makes Edward/Bella seem almost healthy in comparison.
Apparently Stephanie Meyer's love of sparkles extends beyond Twilight.
- And here is one of their fans! Truer words have never been spoken.
[quote]I think both of them are down-to-earth young people. I love them together. It was reported once that a friend of Kristen's said when the movies were over, she would move on. That is a stupid remark. She may looked "stoned" to some ignorant people, but she is just a simple young lady and doesn't really like attention. He is a very respectful young man, and treats a lady like a lady. The compliment each other...simple lives lived simple. Good for both of them.
[quote]BTW: I am 58 years old. I love their acting styles and their choices in roles.
- [quote]Another onlooker at the party says that the pair were caught in an intense conversation and were giggling, with Saldana touching Cooper's arm as he told a story before they retreated to a couch together.
"Onlookers." "Retreated to a couch." Who the hell uses words like that? It's as if the same person writes the same articles and just inserts different celebrity names into the blanks. But that's exactly your point R367. Thanks for the laugh.
- As I was reading that R376, I thought, boy that sounds like something my granny would say. And then I saw "58 years old."
Yep, that sounds about right.
I'm also guessing Granny has probably never smoked weed in her life or seen the pictures of Kristen lighting up a bowl.
But poor Granny's head is so stuck up her own ass that she doesn't realize that she's describing the characters of Twilight and not, you know, real life.
- [quote]Sometimes stars have their significant others come visit them on the set at work. Such is the case with this acting couple. She came to his film set for a quick visit before hopping a plane back to her own film set. It was nice day, and the two of them went inside and shut the door.
You already know what happened next: Fifteen minutes of noisy, trailer-rocking sex! Now, this wasn’t some quickie in a private place. This was a trailer, parked on a city street, with the windows wide open, and the two of them moaning so loudly that anyone within thirty feet could hear them! The actor’s bodyguard (who was stationed outside the trailer) was clearly embarrassed, and did his best to make sure that civilians were staying far away from the trailer, but there was nothing he could do about the crew members who were lingering nearby, enjoying the sexy entertainment.
What is really odd to us is that people who know this couple have told us in the past that they are a PR setup and that the two don’t even like each other! So either they were putting on a very realistic performance to convince others that their relationship is legit … or they are now serious eff buddies.
- [quote]Sometimes stars have their significant others come visit them on the set at work. Such is the case with this acting couple. She came to his film set for a quick visit before hopping a plane back to her own film set. It was nice day, and the two of them went inside and shut the door.
You already know what happened next: Fifteen minutes of noisy, trailer-rocking sex! Now, this wasn’t some quickie in a private place. This was a trailer, parked on a city street, with the windows wide open, and the two of them moaning so loudly that anyone within thirty feet could hear them! The actor’s bodyguard (who was stationed outside the trailer) was clearly embarrassed, and did his best to make sure that civilians were staying far away from the trailer, but there was nothing he could do about the crew members who were lingering nearby, enjoying the sexy entertainment.
What is really odd to us is that people who know this couple have told us in the past that they are a PR setup and that the two don’t even like each other! So either they were putting on a very realistic performance to convince others that their relationship is legit … or they are now serious eff buddies.[/quote]
- This is most likely about Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel (although I think the item is made up bullshit).
Jessica was seen visiting Justin on the set of his movie in NYC before going back to her own film in LA.
- omg.. I tried discussing kristen & rob's gayness with a fan.. #neveragain Damn.. these fans are crazy as hell.. deluded too..
- Back in gay Paree again so soon, bitch?
the French paps this bitch told to "freeze to death"!
- Because we know feminine flower Kristen loves nothing more than wearing dresses and fancy shoes and going to fashion shows to look at more fancy dresses and shoes. My god, that girl practically LIVES in haute couture. You can't hardly ever get her to leave the house in jeans and sneakers.
Got to work the straight girl angle any way you can
- [quote]But poor Granny's head is so stuck up her own ass that she doesn't realize that she's describing the characters of Twilight and not, you know, real life.
Oh, that is funny. And true.
- Looks like Ted is closer to the truth on this one. According to his "insiders" that so-called PDA filled night wasn't PDA filled at all because they just hung out and chilled with everyone else.
[quote]But we're fairly suspicious of the PDA-fueled reports. Quite affectionate? No shortage of PDA?!
- The always fashionable Miss Steweart at the Balenciaga F/W Fashion Show - PFW 2012. The fat and ugly lezzies over at LChat are sure to have soaking wet panties after getting a load of their idol in those leather leggings!
- She's simply not very attractive.
- Kristen Stewart is yesterday's news and it's now The Hunger Games and Jennifer Lawrence who will be getting the lion's share of attention. And it's not hard to imagine, after the walking PR nightmare that is Miss Stewart, they are trying to position JLaw as the complete opposite.
Especially with quotes like this:
[quote]"I look at Kristen Stewart now and I think, 'I'd never want to be that famous.’ I can't imagine how I'd feel if all of a sudden my life was pandemonium." Jennifer continued, "In some ways, it's a hard life, but it's a great professional life. I'm doing what I love, and then I get months and months of rest. I have a lot of money for a 21-year-old. I can't stand it when actors complain."
It also can't hurt that Jennifer is a hotter, more talented, Oscar nominated version of Stewart, with a better and more respected potential franchise behind her. Will The Hunger Games create the kind of frenzy that Twilight did? Probably not, because it doesn't include insipid characters and an overcooked love story and a ridiculous showmance attached to it.
But it's not hard to feel that Twilight and it's cast are on the way out and a new crop of stars are ready to fill their place.
Even Ashley Greene is already headed to....TV!
- [quote]The always fashionable Miss Steweart at the Balenciaga F/W Fashion Show - PFW 2012. The fat and ugly lezzies over at LChat are sure to have soaking wet panties after getting a load of their idol in those leather leggings!
That outfit doesn't work, on any level. From the high waisted leather leggings, tucked into the badly mismatched and illfitting printed blouse, to the open toed shoes, ugly shiny coat and that icky, greasy unkempt "hairstyle" combined with Stewart's dead eyes and bad posture, well the whole thing is a fucking fashion disaster.
I love Balenciaga, but is this really all they could do for Kristen or do they just hate her? Although, do I spot Salma wearing...sheer panty hose? Dear fucking lord. Even Charlotte Gainsbourg, who always looks regal, is kind of a mess as well.
- Is it true that Rob hardly ever changes his underwear?
- [quote]combined with Stewart's dead eyes and bad posture, well the whole thing is a fucking fashion disaster.
Tell me about it. God. Her eyes are especially dead-looking in those latest photos. Did she have a hot and heavy night with the pipe just before she threw together that outfit? Not a good look. In fact, as she gets older, she's getting less and less appealing in the looks department.
- Two words: Potato. Face.
- [quote]Is it true that Rob hardly ever changes his underwear?
A few years ago he said in an interview that he doesn't know how to use a washing machine, so he wears pairs of drawers for a few days and then throws them away. He also said he steals most of his underwear from his characters' wardrobes on movie sets. I don't know if that's changed or not.
Rob was in New York yesterday and looked a bit sheepish to be caught leaving a women's clothing boutique. The Robstenites of course think he bought something for Kristen, and is on the way to meet her in Paris. Tom and Sienna are currently in New York, as are several of his Cosmopolis co-stars, so who knows if he's there on business or pleasure.
- [quote]Pattinson was last spotted venturing into the Berlin night with his family, on their way, he said, to the KitKatClub.
The KitKatClub has a very large gay clientele.
- "Tom and Sienna are currently in New York"
Has Rob commented on the news that Tom has put a bun in Sienna's cover?
- I would like to know what fashion people really think about this trash. How can they be ok with someone looking like she didn't bathe in two weeks? It truly baffles me.
- [quote]This critic is obviously Team Jacob. Do you even understand the book, I don't think so. Robert Pattinson is the best actor of this generation. You are too blind to see his talent.
Looks like the Twihards are going to descend on every negative review of Bel Ami with a vengeance.
Insulting the critics isn't going to make Robert a better actor.
- You want crazy? I'll give you crazy.
[quote]I'm 38 years old and I watched "The Haunted Airman" came out in 2006 on TV before Robert Pattinson even hit the Twi-hard tweens and I thought that movie was excellent! I didn't even really know who he was when I first started watching it until I realized he was in the HP film then I put 2 and 2 together. Then here comes "Twilight" now granted I READ ALL THE BOOKS before the movies were even made because the first series came out in 2005 then the movies weren't being made until 2008 and honestly everyone for awhile will always be thinking he can do nothing but sparkly vampire films and that's just not right. I've seen his acting even in his younger films as stated above and in 2007 "The Bad Mother's Handbook" was good also. He can act though he's "never' went to acting school. He is a very humble, pleasant, giving, open-minded to try any part as being an actor. I can guarantee you that if he was playing in the "Hunger Games" as Gale or Peeta and he got 'nominated for an Oscar we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. Because there's not a doubt in my mind if the roles were reversed while he would act in "HG" and then Josh Hutcherson or Liam Hemsworth did Twilight everyone would be saying the same thing about them. What makes the difference "HOW OLD" you have to be to 'earn' the Oscar Shirley Temple won it when she was only 6 years old and there were bad comments made by people back then because they said you can't give a best actress oscar to a 6 year old! REALLY does it matter? Everyone has their opinions who they love or who they hate. I personally don't care for Bill Murrary and would rather much see Clint Eastwood to get it and of course he should of gotten it for doing "Gran Torino" that movie was beyond words I can't even explain. Honestly Pattinson really doesn't care what type of movie it is as long as he can act even if the movie is a FLOP or a HIT he's that versatile. He just wants to act period and is thankful he can do so!
[quote]Ok on Rob - if you have watched 'Remember Me' and didn't like it, it's because you didn't get it = it's all about one line "Dessert first, because yeah never know", if everyone couldn get passed the 911 - which was the point, who new this would happen.. 'Water For Elephants' was good, great maybe not, but far more the Edward, 'Bel Ami' is gonna be a whole new side of Rob and time period peace and total dirt bag to woman, lol, and 'Cosmopolis' will be the one, Oscar actually I hope so, because if the acting comes across like the book and with the glory of Cronenberg directing, it will be great.. And if you have not seen 'Little Ashes' he was a fabulous wack job of a "Dali" quit looking at him as just Edward, thou I can't imagine anyone else being Edward, Robert Pattinson is far more then Edward Cullen
[quote]OMG ,I cannot believe all the Robert Pattinson Bashing going on on this page .,...what the hell ...Rob has admitted he never went to an Acting School and that he has virtually taught himself ....he has never professed to be one of the greast or or God forbid he or anyone else should ever say he is Oscar worthy ..but still all he gets is nothing but hate and bad mouthing on every level....he is a young guy who is trying his best to just get on in the industry as best he can...all he is guilty of is starring in a TEENAGERS film and he has nothing but grief for doing so ....I know he has made lots of Money for Twilight but surely there is no need for all this hate and animosity towards a lovely young man ....who is absolutley fabulous with his fans ...gracious ,..sweet and humble ....and NOT one person he has ever worked with has a bad thing to say about him....only positives about his commitment and dedication and fabulous work ethics....he may not be the most talented in some peoples eyes but his fans ( and I am one of his more mature supporters not a Twi Fan ) ...think he is amazing and talented ....and I will be a loyal and dedicated fan for as long as he carries on acting which I hope he never decides to gives up on!!!
- [quote]TY - Elaine He is not just EC and far more then a teenager hottie - I am 40 plus - I thinks he's gorgeous, humble and making his way into the hollywood and acting world.. He got cast in a total OMG series that has made him an iconic character, but that doesn't mean that is all he is... crap he was early 20's for HP and Twi he's 25 now taking on totally different roles and challenges...
You just know even when the teen girls go away these old seahags are never going to move on with their lives.
- I finally say "Breaking Dawn, Part 1", and can't believe Bill Condon is capable of making such a bad movie! It was mostly people staring blankly at each other, while bad pop songs played; I suppose he was hoping the songs would express the emotions his actors could not.
Gawd, when Kristin Stewart was walking down the aisle, she tried to look all stressed and conflicted. Or so I suppose, because I don't suppose she was trying to look like she was trying to surpress a sneeze. She did, ooh, she did!
- Jesus. Those posts at R399. Just Jesus.
- R401, I saw the scene where Kristen walks down the aisle. It's up at youtube or someplace. Horrible horrible acting. She looks like she's having some sort of tick attack. Someone--the director or someone--should have told her to stop. Then again, apparently everyone involved with that film thought she was a Great Actress. I guess. Or maybe they were laughing at her on the inside.
She Can't Act for Shit
- "can't believe Bill Condon is capable of making such a bad movie!"
More to the point, why is a gay director participating in this crap? Why direct a movie that benefits the Mormon Church, and that is encouraging its gay actors to stay in the closet?
- They're in Paris... Kristen, that shirt is not going to help with those gay rumours.. Just sayin'.
- Uh, does anybody notice the white powder all over his shirt?
- They really are stepping up their PR game this year, we constantly got their pics these few months and weeks, they obviously fear of losing the sheeps to the Hunger Games, and not to mention the sheeps don't like Rob's manwhore role in BA and he made it clear in an interview that he may lose some of them. so desperate!!! I guess they both being jobless, they have all the time they want to play this game.
- r406, that's the white writing on the tshirt underneath showing through.
Balenciaga must surely be reconsidering their choice of Stewart at this point. She looks awful.
- I think it's more that he has a flop of a movie coming out (at least in Europe) and she's got a perfume to promote. Seems like a no brainer. But certainly not something a 'private' couple would do, no?
- R409 I think it's more about him trying to deflect from his bad reviews of acting in BA to this epic luve. He hardly did any promo for this movie, probably the studio didn't allow him becoz of his bad acting.
- [quote]Balenciaga must surely be reconsidering their choice of Stewart at this point. She looks awful.
I'm a big fan of Balenciaga so I'm baffled by their choice of Stewart. Who are they trying to reach? They've previously used Jennifer Connelly and Charlotte Gainsbourg, who are women, not little girls. Twilight fans are cheesy, fat and have no money. The girl lives in ratty T shirts and jeans, she never wears Balenciaga, and even on her promo tour the most she's worn (other than that shitty leather pants outfit) is a B motor cycle jacket. Their bags are iconic but of course carrying a purse would never be an option for bulldyke Kristen. And today she's seen wearing a lesbo shirt by Diesel! Balenciaga fans aren't happy, and her flyover fans can look at pictures, but they can't BUY anything.
What a fucking disaster.
And they both look gross.
- I wish more lesbians were as cute as Kristen (and Amber Heard). Most are fugly.
- If you think that pet rock with a brown wig is as gorgeous as Amber Heard, you need your eyes checked, hon.
- I miss the Robbie the Retard troll.
Please come back and caption this!
- She looks pretty hot here, R413
- You are funny, R415.
- No, really, sometimes she looks attractive. But when she opens her mouth to speak and starts with the same old lip biting, hand through the hair gestures that she uses constantly, then she's just boring. Boring. Boring. No other word for it.
- Pinched, plain and boring. You could easily find a prettier, more attractive girl in any local high school. Forget comparing her to other Hollywood actresses, she becomes a nonentity.
And that's not even speaking about her graceless manner or dead eyes.
Completely average in every way, thereby making her perfectly nonthreatening to the hausfraus who eat this shit up.
- R417 I think you only see her face with make up on, even then she only looks average. Without make up on, she looks sooooo horrible that you would think you see a ghost at night.
- She's actually not super pretty or super ugly. She's just...there. Like boring, lumpy oatmeal.
She can look good provided she has a team of stylists, makeup people and some good angles. Usually she just looks kind of like a potato faced.
But she should definitely not be the face of a luxury brand. Or an actress.
- She's very cute, but doesn't carry herself well.
- Aw, this poor guy seems to be some kind of amateur critic with a blog and of course the Twitards descended on him because he didn't like precious Robert's shitty acting. I kind of feel bad for him.
[quote]Pattinson, making a clear attempt to test his acting abilities, flounders as Georges. While his allure may be enough to entice those Twi-Hards into paying big money to watch him in the Twilight films, he simply doesn’t have the presence, experience or capability to lead a film of Bel Ami’s nature.
[quote]I feel like I just wandered into a hornet's nest of Rob bashers. Robert is an excellent actor, and as far as his "wooden expression" (which is not entirely true either, did you see Breaking Dawn?) as Edward Cullen, that was the role he was playing...a vampire. For Christ sakes, aren't you smart enough to figure that one out? He was great in WFE and Remember Me, just how much better do you want? Of course you must know much better that the big studio producer that are willing to risk huge budgets on his talent and charisma. One does not amass the fanbase that he does with no talent and fortunately your opinions are among the minority. Who would you consider a good actor? Hypothetical, question, I really don't care what you think. Maybe is it
just that you really don't know what you are talking about.
Leave it up to the studio heads and go back to your tea & cookies.
The rest of the comments are the same. Men are just jealous, he's untrained and learning on the job, you're opinion doesn't matter, he's a brilliant actor and you just don't understand him. My favorites though are when the fans try to compare him to Paul Newman, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, James Dean. You take your pick. Just the absurdity of it all, I don't even know where to begin.
These people are so fucking mental it's unreal.
- What does Rob's ass look like in the scenes?
- [quote]What does Rob's ass look like in the scenes?
Like his face.
Sorry, that was begging for it!
- So, flat and unattractive?
- seriously is that white powder all down the front of rob's shirt? someone said its white letters from the t shirt beneath but i dont think so....
- Showing up to Paris fashion week in front of a throng of paparazzi isn't exactly subtle. This is about as blatant and obvious a cry for attention as anything Tammy Cruise or Ryan Reynolds and their beards typically orchestrate.
It's certainly not 'low key' or 'private' and all that nonsense.
This 'relationship' is about the only positive PR either of these two ever get. Stewart was roundly criticized for her ill fitting appearance and grim demeanor at the Balenciaga show and the Bel Ami reviews have been down right embarrassing for Pattinson.
And dear god, can Kristen look anymore gay? All she needs is a cane.
- R427, it's still just a t-shirt with a white design showing through a thin shirt on top. It would be a more interesting set of pictures if he were leaving a club with powder down his front, but it's only him leaving a hotel badly dressed.
Stewart's grooming, in the newest pictures, seems to have reached the Britney Spears level. All that's needed is a Frappuccino and bare feet.
- Their body language is so gay there. Beyond the bad hygiene, that's the first thing that absolutely struck me. Not romantic, just lesbo Kristen and her best gay friend.
- For such huge stars I was surprised how little people cared, I live near by where they're staying, no paps and like what 10 fans, mostly girls around 12 and 16 and one [childish epithet posted by a bigoted tool] boy.
(430) is that all the pda the paps could get.
(428) You have no idea how they regret this decision between Wintour and Gainsbourg giving her the mean girl treamment, you're looking at a one year contract.
- If I were Dr. Lillian Glass I'd say those two never fucked each other a day in their lives.
- [quote]For such huge stars I was surprised how little people cared, I live near by where they're staying, no paps and like what 10 fans, mostly girls around 12 and 16 and one [childish epithet posted by a bigoted tool] boy.
That's actually quite interesting and funny, R431, because the bodyguard Kristen is always photographed with is always blocking and weaving like he's escorting President Obama. What a drama queen he seems to be!
One wonders if they just tipped off the photographers themselves.
- She looks like a 40 year old coke addict in those photos. Matted hair. Boney arms. And he looks like a 10 year old kid who's thrilled to be getting attention from his Mama. Odd.
- [quote]One does not amass the fanbase that he does with no talent and fortunately your opinions are among the minority.
The rabid fans never fail to astound. She's telling the critic that he's in the minority? Did she read the reviews of Robert's "performance" in Water for Elephants? God. Even the reviews that were positive of the film as a whole were full of scathing words for Rob's lifeless rendition of the character.
- [quote]And he looks like a 10 year old kid who's thrilled to be getting attention from his Mama.
Because he's an asexual half wit. And she's a bossy lesbian.
- There's video of them leaving the hotel. You can tell the photographers had been tipped off. Very orchestrated. Since Kristen's publicist and manager were also on hand for this dinner, it's not really surprising.
Also not surprising that they are spinning this as a "romantic dinner" even though there were a crew of people in attendance for this little "date."
You can also tell from the pictures of "PDA" that there is not a spark of romantic chemistry between them. Is this the supposed PDA we all read about but never see? Because every time they touch and are required to act like lovers it never comes across as anything more than awkward.
Kristen's arm is around him like he's her best lesbro. Robert has sexual chemistry with no one.
- the thing is : with the robsten fans everytime K&R touch each other it's a proof of love. I swear those crazy people live in a bubble and never touch anybody !
+ papz are not everywhere in Paris, it's not like LA...if there is papz pix it's because someone call them
I still fail to see how thats white showing through a dark shirt like that...? and its not the first time rob has been pictured leaving a club with white powder on him.. also this was them leaving a nightclub was it not?
- They were coming out of the hotel and it does in fact look like the lettering on his shirt. But there was some white residue on his black hat too, so who knows.
They both consistently look like drug addicts anyway.
- French paparazzi work like this, if you're a french celebrity, they have connection with mobile service, cops and airport employee,
first they get the phone number and home address from the mobile company, then they wait for a while to see if said celebrity is going out of the house if they only see a car they check the license with one of they connection in the police to see if it really is the home a the celebrity.
airport employee just give travel details.
Now if you're a foreign celebrity you'll only get photograph during promotion time or high events like the fashion week, or if they stay in hotel like the Crillon or any of those Hotel featured in this area.
French paps are stalker, they're not in your face like the american one so the fact that they were waiting for them is really dubious.
I also would like to add that pretty much everyone knows where Depp and Paradis lives(in one of the least bohemian area of paris actually) yet they don't get papped.
- I never used to think these two were together... and i dislike those robsten fanatics, but even though i dont want to admit it, it really does look like these two are together..
- Thank you for the information, R442.
I don't know who's in more of a tizzy now. The Robstenation cows, or the fat lesbians at LChat.
- Does Kristen know Rob is uncut? What does she think of that?
- Ok, which one of you DL bitches wrote this?
[quote]RobstenNation | February 19, 2012Reply
How dare you question and critisize our Acting God Robert Pattinson? He is better then Brando and Dean. He dates the straightest woman on this planet and the beautifulest of all Miss Kristen Stewart. You are just a jealous hater who knows he'd never leave his Bella who taught him the acting.
- Well, R443, if they really are a romantic couple (romantic being the key word here), then they've got to be one of the dullest couples on the planet. What makes them interesting is the fact that it's hard to figure out what's really going on between them. And that's all that makes them interesting--it's certainly not their looks or their so-called acing, or anything else.
Honestly, I think their middle aged fan base will lose interest pretty quickly if they keep having, um, dates like this most recent one because they look like a couple of middle school students who have been stoking up the joints all night.
Dull and Duller
- Erm, no.
What you have here is a "candid" picture of Stewart patting Robbie boy on the head, on an "intimate" date that also happens to include a publicist, managers, agents, bodyguards and god knows who else, while the paparazzi look on and because they are never seen touching or ever acting like a couple and typically look disgusted by each other, it's seen as some kind of loving sign of affection. They were on a date- except with a whole group of people in tow, and she patted him on the head. Read that back and tell me how any rational adult can't see how absolutely inane this whole situation is.
And let's not get into the fact that the whole "date" was a complete set up from beginning to end.
Let's say they are a real couple and Robbie flew to Paris because he was desperate to see his girlfriend. So they go on a group date with their handlers? Say what?
Or we can say Pattinson flew to Paris during fashion week, when attention is at its highest and makes a high profile appearance with photographers, fans and a very public dinner, because any publicity is good publicity and no matter the bullshit about how 'private' and 'anti-Hollywood' these people are, they are actors and every actor is part of the game. You'd have to be a naive dolt not to realize this. But the good news for Stewart and Pattinson is that there are a whole lot deluded fraus who eat up every word of this shit and every head pat and almost kiss just makes these people more rabid. Kudos to them for a marketing plan well done. It's convinced their fanbase, if nobody else, and in the end that's all that matters.
- Video of the "date" makes it seem as businesslike as a Twilight press event.
She needs him for publicity, and it seems like he was summoned by her team for a photo op because she wasn't making enough of a splash during Fashion Week.
- Oh, these two.
- Well, R448, you do make a convincing argument. And watching the video of The Romantic Date again, I can't say I disagree with you. In fact, it looks like a guy kisses Rob on the side of his head and rubs his neck--a friendly gesture, no doubt, but one that is nonetheless more loving and romantic than any of Kristen's bland pats on the head.
But more perplexing is why on earth they had to have so many handlers and people with them. I can't believe that they couldn't just slip out of the hotel's back door and go out and enjoy themselves in Paris at night.
- [quote]She's telling the critic that he's in the minority?
That critic was definitely not in the minority:
[quote]But having Robert Pattinson as the leader of spark creation is a bit like watching a ‘failed soldier, barely literate’ man trying to make potions when he didn’t have chemistry and physics in his options. The London-born 25-year-old was well cast in the Twilight series because his teeth are fangy and he’s like the colour black – skilled at soaking things up without giving much back in return. Alas! Although Pattinson is a good-looking lad and the perfect choice for a bit of revolving-door trouser dropping, there’s still no sign of any Oscar-worthy genes maturing between his ears. And, when he bares his shoulders, he is less a honey-glazed beefcake, but more a beef tomato salad – only without any of the authentic French dressing this film so badly needs.
[quote]Unfortunately, while the Pattinson glowers, twitches of lip, and arches of eyebrow are deployed to rascally effect, it's hard to see why sophisticated women would fall head over heels for a man of such obvious shallowness and tiresome petulance. Bel Ami won't deter many Twi-hards, but any more behaviour like this and Team Edward will be calling for a new manager.
[quote]The main problem is that Pattinson is too wooden and blank-faced to really convince as a dyed-in-the-wool charmer and it doesn't help that he has zero chemistry with any of his three co-stars; in fact, the only moment he comes alive is in his playful scenes with Clotilde's little sister. In addition, this has a knock-on effect on the script, because you're never sure if George is scheming and therefore fully aware of what he's doing or if he's just a dumb prettyboy being manipulated by everyone around him.
[quote]All of them are supposed to fall for the caddish sexual allure of Duroy, but although Pattinson does a lot of leering, his stilted presence feels like an old-time performance next to the more natural Ricci. At one point, when he glimpses all three women together for the first time, he pulls a face that is supposed to suggest a fox in a chicken coop, but is closer to Jim Dale accidentally locked in the nurses’ quarters in Carry On Again Doctor.
[quote]The performances are incredibly hammy; the worst culprit being Pattinson whose turn is not only weak, but incredibly irritating to boot.
Just some of the reviews
- "he is less a honey-glazed beefcake, but more a beef tomato salad – only without any of the authentic French dressing this film so badly needs."
- How is krisen getting on with Charlize Theron on that Cinderella set?
Anybody in the know?
- I'm not in the know but I do know filming of Snow White & The Huntsman has been finished for a while now.
- Looks like Jodie Foster
- She looks like a very hard 30 year old woman.
- Jesus and she's only 20.
That could also explain why Pattinson won't claim her, because let's be honest the only people who find her attractive are lesbian and those fat chicks who project themselves trough her, that and the fact that dating a girl who breaks pretty much everyone gaydar won't help him get rid of his gay rumor.
- [quote]I'm not in the know but I do know filming of Snow White & The Huntsman has been finished for a while now.
I've heard they decided to cut Stewart out of the film and are instead going to rename it THE EVIL QUEEN AND THE HUNTSMAN. Focus groups kept on confusing her with one of the wild, woodland creatures in the forest rather than the fairy princess. But they may recut her scenes and turn it into a remake of Nell instead, where her flailing and grunting will work better. I heard Jodie is thrilled.
- [quote]Jesus and she's only 20. That could also explain why Pattinson won't claim her, because let's be honest the only people who find her attractive are lesbian and those fat chicks who project themselves trough her, that and the fact that dating a girl who breaks pretty much everyone gaydar won't help him get rid of his gay rumor.
Well, they both look like nasty trailer trash. Too much drugs, booze, cigarettes and a lack of soap or hygiene can only hasten the aging process, which is rapidly creeping on with these two fuggos.
I would normally say talent should over come looks, but in this case....well, you know.
- [quote]The main problem is that Pattinson is too wooden and blank-faced to really convince as a dyed-in-the-wool charmer and it doesn't help that he has zero chemistry with any of his three co-stars
Goodness. And gracious. It looks like the same types of reviews that he got for his role in Water for Elephants are coming out for Bel Ami--only about ten times harsher. But what I mean is that even reviews that are positive for the movie as a whole are ripping into Robert's, shall we say, acting.
- So once again, Ted points out that there's no romantic looking PDA in the recent Paris photos and video.
[quote]no close-ups, no PDA and certainly no pap-happy photo of the twosome actually facing the camera together.
Funny, because he keeps hinting that they are a real couple, but then he can't help but point out the obvious: they just don't look like a real couple.
- Oh good lord. The fans are not happy with Ted these days.
[quote]You all still haven't figured out why they refuse to be photographed together? (rolls eyes) They don't want the tabloids to exploit their relationship!!! HELLO! One pic of them together showing PDA, and the tabs will run away with it. They'd put it on all of their covers and make up any story they want. If R/K were just together for PR, then they would photograph together. They go out of their way not to be photographed together, so what does that tell you? Wake up and face it...they are together...they love each other...they will never sell out their relationship to the tabs/media. Stop waiting for it to happen, it won't.
- Actually do all these PR outings of them in Paris make big news in media?? Because I don't see any of their news in newspaper in my country, only reporting other celebrities' news.
- No, but I remember a video with a tabloid editor and a papparazi telling who's selling covers and who's not, and apparently they don't, outside of their fandom no one care. Which makes all the little games ridiculous, but oh so entertaining for us.
- No, nobody cares. They get as much coverage as any B-list level celebrity "couple" here in the US. Ryan Reynolds/Blake Lively type of coverage. Interest is dwindling, and other than their diehard fans, no one really cares anymore. Frankly I've seen more interest in Snookie's pregnancy. Or The Hunger Games.
They are not Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie. Obviously Paris Fashion Week was a way to generate interest but it doesn't look like most people (other than Twihards) took notice.
So that excuse at Ted's board doesn't really ring true. If they wanted to act like a real couple and hold hands and kiss and all that nonsense and not look like two miserable assholes, they could. The tabloids would give them some light cursory coverage but to put it bluntly- Twilight is not what it once was and the story just doesn't generate the type of heat it did a few years ago.
At this point it seems like they're playing to their small but vocal group of batshit fans and that's about it.
I actually have no idea why I still post in this thread, because honestly the whole thing is just very dull and stale.
I'll check back in when the "break up" happens. That should be fun.
- [quote][HollywoodDame] This ‘Twilight’ star was due to come out of the closet, but has decided to wait at the insistence of his PR team and studio. He wants to claw his way to the top as a more established actor to ensure his career will be able to handle the impact of announcing his sexuality. The studio wants to cash in on his heart throb status as much as they can. We might be waiting for years before our suspicions are confirmed.
- So many options, so little time. Taylor Lautner is most obviously gay but I don't see him coming out. Kellan Lutz is gay as well and has been dropping hints all over the place but his career is so precarious. Pattinson looks like something is going on with him, he's been making appearances drunk and drugged up for awhile now.
Could be any of the three.
- The fangurl meltdown over Bel Ami's dismal reviews really is a sight to behold.
- Oh, that deadline article belongs in the John Carter thread!
- [quote]Funny, because he keeps hinting that they are a real couple, but then he can't help but point out the obvious: they just don't look like a real couple.
Because they aren't a real couple, which is why they don't look like one. Simple.
- Yeah, R471, I see what you mean. The poor guy at the link below wrote a short but not so sweet review of the film, and the fans are attacking him left and right.
In fact they are attacking him as a "no-nothing loser" and speculating about whether or not he has a crush on Pattinson.
Absolutely insane. They simply cannot accept the fact that their Academy Award Material Actor quite simply can't act.
- The On The Road trailer was released today. The Facebook page seems to be crashing but here's an alternate link.
- On The Road looks like a mess by all involved. And I say that as fan of the book.
And yes, Kristen Stewart as Marylou is a joke in every way. Look up the real Marylou and you'll see what I mean.
No wonder this sat on the shelf this long.
- Another trailer where Kristen has not one line of dialogue. Kirsten Dunst out acts her in her one line than all of the blank faced close ups and jerky dancing from La Les Stewart.
- I hope they didn't cut Tom and Garrett fucking.
- That's the only reason I would see it, R478
- Stewart doesn't even get the period right. All the other actors look like they are inhabiting the world of the late 40's. Except Kristen, who looks like your typical 2012 stoner girl. Fail.
- I can't wait till Hunger Games opens and blows these 2 out of the water.
- The Hunger Games does seem to be The Next Big Thing. Meanwhile Pattinson again has proved himself a lousy actor and Stewart is cut out of yet another trailer in which she is supposedly the star.
- It's hard to imagine that Pattinson is going to get too many more potentially good movie role offers. At the rate he's going, he will be Official Box Office Poison pretty quickly. He's either going to have to get himself some emotional depth that he can convincingly project on screen or start doing sit-coms on television or something.
It's a matter of time before even the older women who adore him and want to be Kristen lose interest. In fact, I'm guessing the On The Road trailer is turning some of those very women off of Robsten right now.
After the next and hopefully last installment of Twilight, both Rob and Kristen will dissolve into a vague Hollywood memory--unless, of course, they can muster up some decent acting for the cameras.
- [quote]According to the gossip rag, a source revealed that Rob and Kristen did not speak to each other at all on the way to the airport and during their flight back to Los Angeles when they were leaving Paris. Apparently, they were giving each other the silent treatment because Kristen told Rob that he needs to groom his unibrow in front of a small crowd of people.
Well, they did look incredibly glum (and boring) when they were leaving Paris.
- Usually I find tabloid stories very boring and repetitive but that one is entertaining.
- The twilight fandom is enormous, even if they never get another role they'll still be incredibly popular with their core base, and most importantly incredibly rich. Let's be honest, many of us would give anything to have their level of fame even if just for a handful of years.
- I think most of the Twilight fandom will bail on them post-Twilight. Only a portion of it will stick around. If you check their imdb's Kristen Stewart has a small group of non-Twilight fans. Robert Pattinson and the rest don't really.
I am sure I have my limits. I would have no problem taking the job, taking the money, and then retiring. The only thing that sounds entertaining about fame to me is the ability to troll a fandom and be a fly on a wall while people openly gossip about you.
- [quote]The twilight fandom is enormous, even if they never get another role they'll still be incredibly popular with their core base.
Their core base doesn't go see their non- Twilight movies, which is why everything else they've starred in has been big box office flops. What does it mean to stay incredibly popular within an insular group of crazy fans who don't care about any of their other movies? It means nothing more than riding the Twilight convention circuit until they are all 70 or just retiring all together.
They are all incredibly wealthy, as long as they're smart with their money and make it last over the rest of their lifetimes. Very easy to piss away money in Hollywood. Taxes, agents, managers, publicists, all take their share as well.
R483 is right. Pattinson and Stewart will ride off to Straight-to-DVD land very very soon.
- Kristen fans are very vocal but they don't do shit for her career, the only one who had decent box office success is Pattinson.
And no I wouldn't want their fame, actually I still don't understand how they agreed to do Twilight in the first place.
- [quote]Let's be honest, many of us would give anything to have their level of fame even if just for a handful of years.
I actually think it would be really really embarrassing to be famous for nothing more than Twilight. It's become such a hated pop culture joke. The anti-Twilight backlash is just as large if not larger than the movies themselves. The money would be nice, but the lack of credibility and being a total laughing stock wouldn't sound like too much fun to me.
You can almost see Robert Pattinson dying a little on the inside because you KNOW it's really starting to sink in that he's only going to be known for playing a virginal sparkling vampire for the rest of his life. That actually sounds kind of depressing. And doubly so because he tries to hard to be AN ACTOR and fails miserably every time.
Stewart is still trying to fight it but her career is going to dry up real quick because she's just so awful and impossible to cast and not particularly well liked. And because she's so smug and spoiled, and tries so hard to appear that she doesn't enjoy being famous (when she does), the lack of a success might hit her the hardest.
- Yeah, even if Rob is forever known as the sparkly vampire from Twilight, it's still better to have been famous for that and enjoyed all the perks that go with it for a brief period of time than to have not had it. I can't predict the future, perhaps he won't ever get a decent role ever again, but he'll still have all his Twilight million$ to keep him company in his misery. The vast majority of us will just have freaking misery. I think they're both beyond lucky.
- Once you have enough to survive comfortably off of money doesn't make that much difference in happiness [citation: a bunch of studies]. They are both incredibly lucky, like they won the lottery, I agree with you.
Actually, I'm not sure if this has opened up or closed off opportunities for the two of them. Pattinson wasn't getting work and was about to bail on being an actor--I guess in his case it probably stopped him from veering towards starving artist territory. Stewart was getting work in stuff like Into the Wild and Adventureland--she probably would have continued on as a not well known indie chick (or gone into crew) if she hadn't done Twilight.
- I don't think Pattinson cares that much about being famous. I think Stewart might, but for Pattinson I think he's find being lower-profile and doing smaller projects back in London after Twilight ends. Not all actors want to be famous. They just want to be able to work regularly and do something they enjoy.
- I don't think Pattinson even enjoys acting. He kind of looks like he's in pain or totally adrift on screen. From all his interviews, I've never gotten the idea that acting is his passion. He fell into it and got very, very lucky, but that's it. He also looked much happier as a starving London artist than a multimillionaire Hollywood actor. Money doesn't make everybody happy.
Short term Twilight has elevated their careers no question, but in the end, I think they'll still end up exactly where they began. Pattinson quitting acting completely and Stewart going back to doing small indies nobody sees.
And in 5 years...nobody will care who these people are.
- Pattinson told Matt Lauer a year ago that he doesn't like doing interviews and that if he wasn't required to do publicity for the studio, he wouldn't do it.
I think he's a much more private person than Stewart. I think he'd prefer to just hang out with his stoner buddies. I don't think he likes all the crazy middle-aged women chasing him and trying to bite his neck etc.
- R494, That is the impression I get as well.
Pattinson stumbled into acting and got luck with Harry Potter and Twilight. He brings up contemplating quitting fairly often.
Stewart I think has a niche appeal but doesn't have broad appeal and will end up back doing indies. I think she's obviously trying to take advantage of career opportunities at the moment. She seems ambitious. Also, I think she's made comments about using her Twilight fame to help get other projects attention, I think she may care about fame for that sake. Other than that she seems perfectly content spending her time cooking and talking to her cat.
Stewart was 17 when Twilight hit it big and was a child actor, it is all she knows. Pattinson had a life. That is the major difference. They both actually seem like private people to me (to a bit of a paranoid extent). They both look awkward and terrified in social situations (I find it weirdly endearing but also a little painful to watch at times).
- [quote]They both actually seem like private people to me (to a bit of a paranoid extent). They both look awkward and terrified in social situations (I find it weirdly endearing but also a little painful to watch at times).
I think both take a vicarious thrill out of stirring up the fandom and the stupid coy way they've played out their 'relationship' leads me to believe they aren't as private as they like to say they are. Especially Stewart and all of her slips in interviews about her "English boyfriend" but yet pretends to be offended when people ask about her relationship to Pattinson. When two people go to these lengths to be so 'guarded' you just know they enjoy the speculation they themselves create. It's a game, although I admit, it's a smart one.
[quote]Stewart I think has a niche appeal but doesn't have broad appeal and will end up back doing indies.
The problem with her is not so much appeal as the fact that she's simply not a very good actress. She's still yet to play an adult role. In essence she's 21 and still a kid actor while all her peers are leaps and bounds ahead of her. But I agree she is ambitious, but also incredibly lazy and spoiled. That's why I think her slide into obscurity might hit her the hardest. This is a girl who believes her own hype and thinks she's some great thespian. She's a Hollywood brat and this is all she knows. That usually doesn't end well.
[quote]Pattinson I think he's find being lower-profile and doing smaller projects back in London after Twilight ends. Not all actors want to be famous. They just want to be able to work regularly and do something they enjoy.
London is full of talented actors. If he doesn't figure out how to connect to a script and give a fully formed emotional performance he's not going to get any parts.
- Don't famous movie stars get parts in London, R497? I would assume Pattinson will have an advantage over your average London drama school grad.
- I see enjoying fucking with people's heads and being a private person as two separate things. You can be both. (I can think of a few examples of people I know well, ask them a personal question and you will get an icy glare but they will totally tell you the occasional made up stories about themselves.)
- Well, R498, think about the roles Pattinson has taken so far (at the height of his fame.) Not exactly what I would call quality. If he's not being offered good material now, it's certainly not going to get better down the line.
And of course, the quality of work he's churned out certainly won't engender people wanting to work with him in the future. Why would they? He stinks.
- [quote]I see enjoying fucking with people's heads and being a private person as two separate things. You can be both. (I can think of a few examples of people I know well, ask them a personal question and you will get an icy glare but they will totally tell you the occasional made up stories about themselves.)
That's different than creating a whole ridiculous showmance that's been spread across every tabloid publication in the world. A showmance that because nobody confirms or denies it's existence, has only increased their fame and publicity a hundred times over. It has practically become the entire marketing strategy that Twilight revolves around. Doesn't sound very private to me.
- R500, the roles he's gotten so far have allowed him to work with some of the top actors & actresses out there. Reese Witherspoon, Christoph Waltz, Chris Cooper, Lena Olin, Pierce Brosnan etc. I'd say that's pretty good.
- And his performance and those movies have been ripped to shreds by critics...
- But we're not talking about his performances - we're talking about the fact that he is getting to star in big screen movies with major name actors. That's something 99% of people don't get to do.
- I'm more intrigued with the endless speculation and gossip about their relationship than any of their movies. It's been like four years now, hasn't it? Longer than many Hollywood marriages when one thinks about it, and I still can't really make up my mind about it. I'll give them and their handlers props because they've played it just brilliantly.
- But, R504, he was given chances to prove himself as a box office draw and a serious actor and he failed at both. So once the Twilight hype ends he'll be as in demand as Hayden Christensen or any other hasbeen. If an actor is lucky they have a 'moment'. The moment dries up and that's that. Most actors don't have very long careers.
R483 is a 100% right.
- R501, It was out of control before they started letting it go, it has a life beyond them. At first they would make the occasional joke about each other being attractive and people take it way to seriously. For awhile they were denying it, saying they weren't dating and were just close friends and Robsten still thrived. They need do very little to fuel it.
- Robert Pattinson is MUCH bigger than Hayden Christensen was.
- R505, I just started following the gossip this year but looking back through old stories... I can't make up my mind about what is going on either. Twilight came out in 2008, Kristen was dating Michael Angarano for the first year though.
I'm not convinced it is PR. Though the made-up tabloid stories definitely are. I'm not totally convinced they're dating either. I am pretty convinced they are close, they seem close and they've been becoming more like each other as time goes on with general only happens when you are close to a person.
- Christensen starred in 3 Star Was movies. He was pretty huge at the beginning of the last decade. But he couldn't act so things dried up. That's usually what happens to male heartthrobs with limited talents.
As far as Robsten, I ain't buying what their selling.
- R510/506/503/501, I have been enjoying this exchange with you but it has left me curious about what the fascination is for you. Why bother?
- Christensen was in 2 Star Wars movies, not 3.
But he was nowhere near as obsessed over by women as Robert Pattinson is.
- I think the outings, the airport pictures, movie premieres, etc are PR. I think they are stoner buddies. Kristen is gay and does not look attracted to Pattinson or men in general and a lot of time looks uncomfortable or annoyed with him. Being seen together causes speculation but they are generally friends so bearding isn't a hardship. It's helped both of their careers, in the short term anyway. Being part of a 'power couple' gives them endless publicity they wouldn't get otherwise, yes, even with being in Twilight. Nobody has ever gotten any PDA pics because they aren't together and they can't seem to pull it off, anyway.
Based on other corners of the internet I frequent, only Twihards and silly fangurls seem to believe they are in fact dating. The common consensus I've found is that most think either one or both are gay so it's either one sided or mutual bearding.
Hayden and Rachel Bilson have been bearding for over 5 years so the length of time isn't unusual, plus they have another movie to promote.
- Christensen never had Pattinson's level of fame. I mean there was a recent poll in which over 60% of married women claimed they would leave their husbands for Pattinson.
And, I agree with the poster who wrote about Stewart and Pattinson morphing into each other, my guess is that they are in fact very close to each other. I used to think they were nothing more than a showmance but now I actually think that they are a couple.
- "60% of married women claimed they would leave their husbands for Pattinson."
- My mother thinks they're dating so it must be a mainstream idea to a certain extent, I have no clue how she came upon this information and it is notable that she knows next to nothing about either of them and lacks much in the way of gaydar.
People think one or both of them are gay because they both ping. I think a certain amount of that is stereotyping them, which I would rather avoid doing.
I either think they're stoner buddies that spend a bunch of time together and therefore don't find bearding to be a hardship. Or they're just dating. I think the both bi but dating rumors may be true for a few reasons: I don't totally discard gaydar, they do both ping; I've heard that rumor repeatedly; they've both made comments that make them sound not straight.
- Here's a link to the poll results; Pattinson got 64% and Ryan Gossling came in second place with a whopping 13%.
- I'm convinced that Kristen Stewart is a lesbian which is the reason I found it very difficult to fathom that they were anything more than a showmance couple. There are so many interviews where she pings to high heaven. I'm not sure about Pattinson though, he could be straight, bi, or gay; I'm all over the place when it comes to reading him.
Having said all that, I've come to believe that they are a couple, but I also think there's a lot of PR involved as well, and they totally play the game to their advantage.
- "YOU'RE IN THE CLOSET!"
- I work in the British acting industry, in London. Pattinson is not really high on anyone's radar here. I'm sure he could use his Twilight fame to get cast in some indies or TV spots, but there are many very talented and successful British actors who are far better regarded by casting directors and in the industry in general. He's not going to be given a role over, say, Michael Sheen, Rory Kinnear, David Tennant, David Morrisey, Ben Cumberbatch, etc. Not to mention the generation of younger actors coming up through theatre who are being groomed for wider fame.
- Btw I know all the actors I named are much older than RP. I am not suggesting that he would ever be in direct competition for a specific role against them. Simply that he is not on UK CD's 'hot list.'
- The thing is they don't spend that much time together unless there's something for one them to promote.
Also the fact that stewart breaks everyone gaydar makes the all thing look weird, however if they are in a relationship I think it's pattinson who's in charge, yes on-camera she looks like she can't stand him (but for me it's more a teen act), but when they're off camera he mostly ignore her( I also think that's one of the main reason nonsten don't believe he's dating her, because the way he treat her make him look like an asshole, and god forbid their precious rob is anything but an asshole)that and the fact that stewart is the one who's really working that angle, while pattinson always dropping hint that there are not dating or act like a traumatize victim when you mention that stewart and he are dating.
- Thank you for the information, R520. That's pretty much what I suspected.
- They act and behave like two people who have not fucked each other a day in their lives. That level of awkwardness and EWWW can't be faked. It's one of the hallmarks of a bearded couple and you can point to a whole bunch of faking fakers who exhibit that exact same type of body language.
And of course the fact that not one but TWO of the participants ping to HIGH HEAVEN doesn't really help their case.
And the dressing alike thing? They dress like all hipsters dress. There is nothing original or interesting in their wardrobe. They are certainly not unique on that count (although I'm sure they fancy themselves very arty and deep thinkers).
Kristen Stewart is so gay on every level it actually hurts to watch her try to fem up and pretend she's in a het relationship. She's barely carrying it off. She relates to Pattinson as some dude she'd give a solid guy punch to. I don't see how anybody can buy this showmance. At all.
I think the bi rumors all originate with Ted C's Nevis Devine BVs and I don't really buy those at all. Nor do I buy that Stewart is bi or likes men. She's uber dykey in every way.
- Aside from the Nevis Devine blind vice, has anyone come across any credible information or rumor that Pattinson is bi or gay? I've searched and have come up with nothing and one would assume that after all this time someone would have said something. There are a lot of rumors with other actors that are suspected of being bi or gay but not with Pattinson. And, I give Ted Casablancas' vice items very little credence, I just don't buy anything he says.
- The rumors stem from a bunch of things:
-Pattinson pings and comes off quite [childish epithet posted by a bigoted tool]
-weirdly close friendship with Tom Sturridge. Maybe there is/was nothing going on there but their relationship raised eyebrows and seemed way too close for two straight grown men.
-he tends to play the pronoun game and is quite vague about his dating history
-bearding/showmancing with the world's gayest actress
-there has never been a candid shot of him kissing a woman
-gives off an asexual vibe
-has no chemistry with women
A lot of these points can also be said about Taylor Lautner who almost everybody believes is gay.
Usually there are persistent gay rumors about a select few Hollywood actors and all three Twilight stars come up again and again in blinds and other gay gossip. And I'm of a mind where there is smoke, there's fire.
Perez Hilton (I know) has hinted that Pattinson is gay and before he became a shill he knew what he was talking about. He also urged Stewart to come out of the closet a few years ago. And one DL poster who seemed VERY credible, had a friend who worked on The Runaways and said Kstew was a miserable closet case trying to repress her lesbian tendencies.
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...
- I also have heard rumors that Stewart has been dipping in the lady pond since way back in her Into the Wild days.
And one rumor that seems to contradict the gay stuff vis a vis Pattinson came from a Gawker commenter who claimed that based on crew people she knows Pattinson sleeps around on his movie sets and since it was an article about Stewart and Pattinson I assumed she was talking about him sleeping with women (but I could be wrong). The gist was that he doesn't even pretend to be faithful, if indeed he's actually dating Kristen, but more likely they have a bearding relationship which would make Pattinson's whoring around a nonissue.
- Compare Charlize and Kristen in this. Jesus! Kristen should really be gearing up for the comparisons that are coming. They won't be kind!
- Sorry, the video was taken down.
- Those actors are so yesterday.
Everyone's moved on to "The Hunger Games" which is having it's premier tonight.
Are You Team Peeta or Team Gale?
- Robsten looks positively legitimate when compared to Starfield. These are the most obvious PR shots I've seen since Jake & Taylor.
- R526, here are some other things about Pattinson:
1. He has said he doesn't like vaginas.
2. He has said his closest relationship is with his dog.
3. He said in an interview a few months ago that he wouldn't know what to say if someone asked him if he was gay.
4. He blushed when a guy in the audience screamed out "You're in the closet!".
- "1. He has said he doesn't like vaginas."
He said he was allergic to vaginas and that comment can be explained away like this: if you dont get the joke here it is: "DOCTOR DOCTOR, I think I'm allergic to vaginas!! Why do you think that sir? Because every time I see one I swell up and need to rub." it is a british joke. Pattinson had just done a 12 hour shoot surrounded by naked women.
2. He has said his closest relationship is with his dog.
3. He said in an interview a few months ago that he wouldn't know what to say if someone asked him if he was gay.
4. He blushed when a guy in the audience screamed out "You're in the closet!".
sorry but points 2, 3, and 4 just do not add up to being gay.
- Well, R533, when you add them to the fact that Pattinson doesn't appear to have a girlfriend except for his lesbian co-star, perhaps they do.
- Stone and Garfield look so awkward it hurts. Bearing arrangements always have that uncomfortable, lack of intimacy vibe. Maybe that's why Robsten hardly ever attempt PDA. Because it looks like...that.
But the ONTD fangurls buy it. They even cite twitter sightings as "proof". Sound familiar?
- There are so many blind items about both of them saying they are gay or at least bi.
- R535, it's sad that a gay man in today's day and age has to be forced to go out in public holding hands with a female. Nothing has changed since the days of Rock Hudson.
- 1. That was a joke
2. I don't see how that adds up to him being gay
3. Yep, that made me wonder
4. I looked very flustered, he didn't just blush
Are people actually calling Stone/Garfield "Starfield" or did you just make that up?
- "Well, [R533], when you add them to the fact that Pattinson doesn't appear to have a girlfriend except for his lesbian co-star, perhaps they do."
He doesn't appear to have a boyfriend either and that's the weird thing about this whole thing. There's no real evidence that he's been with either men or women, the only "romantic" relationship he seems to have ever had is with Stewart.
- LOL that people are using what Pattinson says in interviews as evidence for his private life. The man is an admitted bullshitter. He has said he makes up things in interviews all the time, tells jokes that obviously flies over people's heads, and has said he purposely contradicts himself on purpose. Never take anything Pattinson says so literally especially since he admits to BSing cause he gets bored during interviews.
- R539, maybe Pattinson is celibate and a virgin. He was asked about abstinence in one interview, and said he kind of agrees with it.
- R541, you delightful little troll, he was obviously joking.
R539, I don't find that that odd, it just means he is not a serial dater. Either he mostly has fling/hookups or he just doesn't get around much--neither seems that unusual to me. He did apparently date that Nina girl for 3 years (age 17 to 20 or something like that).
R540, Yes, exactly he makes up things, he contradicts himself, and he's sarcastic. I find trying to tease out what was sincere and BS fun but it is an unsolvable puzzle.
- [R539], maybe Pattinson is celibate and a virgin. He was asked about abstinence in one interview, and said he kind of agrees with it.
That doesn't answer the question I'm interested in, is he bi or gay, or perhaps even straight.
- R542, you have no idea whether Pattinson was joking or not unless you know him personally. You do not know everything, dear.
I think it's highly plausible that Pattinson is a virgin considering that as other people have said on this thread, he doesn't appear to have been with women or men, and appears to be asexual.
- Starfield, Robsten, Jake/Taylor - all cut from the same bearding cloth.
- He's never going to admit to dating anyone especially now when people are obsessed with his sex life however both Nina and Talulah Riley have admitted to dating him in the past.
- R544, I thought you were referring to a specific time where the interviewer said something along the lines of, "so, you believe in waiting until marriage." Pattinson laughed and said yes. The way it was said seemed like a near clear indication of it being a joke to me.
He could be asexual or a virgin. I just don't think there is any strong indication of that, it does not seem like the most likely answer.
- R541/544 is our resident virgin troll. What fun.
- [R547] And Tess Milne, a dutch tv presenter, told her story about making out him in a club in Barcelona back in 2007. There's a picture of the two of them floating around in the internet from that day.
- [quote]Those actors are so yesterday
Ain't that the truth.
- My Tess Milne post was a response for R546, not R547, sorry!
- R547, actually what Pattinson said was that he is a Catholic and he agrees with the concept of abstinence before marriage.
- In this case I gather Pattinson is not asexual or gay. Bi or straight.
No clue whether he's a discrete slut or a hermit who barely ever gets laid, could be either and anywhere between the two.
- You're an idiot, R548. Virgins do exist. Even among celebrities.
- I think you're the only one obsessed with virginity, R554, probably because you are one.
But when everybody else thinks your argument is ridiculous, maybe it is.
I've never heard of those two women who apparently gave interviews that they had sex/made out with Pattinson. Are there links?
Regarding Nina: The pictures of the two of them together always looked bizarre to me. Like mother and child. No sexual or romantic vibe, and of course, Tom was usually lurking close in all of those shots. Strange.
But I don't really have a problem with thinking Pattinson could either be bi or straight. I don't however think Stewart is anything other than your garden variety lesbo and the closet is making her an angry and insecure basket case.
- How about this, when twilight started to get really big a lot a story about Pattinson fucking so and so hit the news, they still played the " he's only playing the field while waiting for Kristen" angle to make sure all those stupid fan-girls believe they could have a chance with him( that and the fact that no one can feel threatened by Kristen Stewart beauty). Problem is that image is not Edward like and there's always someone to comment on how gay from space Stewart his. Now how can you solve a problem like this ? Easy, just put this two next to each other, make them wear similar close and let the fans write the rest of the story.It's a win-win situation for everyone, Kristen can't be gay because she has a public boyfriend, Robert can't be hooking up because he's so in love with Kristen (that's seems to be the main angle used in every gossip article I've read about those two)and the massive free publicity those movies got from that relationship.
- You're an idiot, R555. And everyone else does not agree with you.
- Rob's ass. You're welcome.
- Looks like someone took a very dark cellphone video of the movie screen, but the thought is what counts.
- @ similar clothing, two words- free merchandise. The whole cast gets free shit, though only Twihards think Rob and Kristen wear the same magically re-sizable cloths as a sign of true love.
- The good news for Robbie-Boy and his fans? Bel-Ami's finally has a U.S. release date-- June 8. The bad news? It premieres ON DEMAND on May 4, so most of his fans that want to see it will probably just watch it on their tv screens. This is almost as embarrassing as having this shit released directly to dvd. It's sat on the shelf for more than 2 years for a reason!
Uma Thurman, embarrassed of this "film"
- R561 thanks, Oh Dear Robbie!!
- [quote]This is almost as embarrassing as having this shit released directly to dvd. It's sat on the shelf for more than 2 years for a reason!
These flyovers cows probably don't even live near an arthouse theater anyway.
- The comments on Deadline about Bel Ami are a treat. When somebody commented that the film got bad reviews in Europe, they of course got all indignant, saying the critics didn't understand or read the book, because if they had they would have loved it.
Of course this doesn't mitigate the fact that even the so so reviews took apart Pattinson's weak performance.
And with The Hunger Games huge premiere and tracking numbers it's obvious that a lot of younger fans have moved on so I think it's really just the hard core middle aged fraus who are Robert's real audience and that's a really embarrassing fanbase to build a career on.
- [quote]Christensen never had Pattinson's level of fame. I mean there was a recent poll in which over 60% of married women claimed they would leave their husbands for Pattinson.
Here's the thing about internet polls. They aren't accurate.
64% of total US women did not go see Twilight: Breaking Dawn
64% of married women did not go see Twilight: Breaking Dawn.
So by that measure it's ridiculous to think that 64% of married women would leave their husbands for Robert Pattinson.
There are 62.4 million adult US married women in the US. Breaking Dawn made $270 million in the United States. If you average out a movie ticket to around $10, that's approximately 27 million tickets sold and that's including repeat viewings and that figure obviously includes women under the age of 18, single women, married women and men. The numbers just don't add up.
Pattinson has a specific appeal to a certain type of a woman. It's not really a broad appeal at all.
Works in market research
- The only difference I see in Kristen Stewart is that she's gotten dykier. Pattinson just looks older and more drugged out than in his earlier days.
- Kristen Stewart plays Marylous in On the Road. This is how Jack Kerouac describes Marylou.
[quote]Marylou was a pretty blonde with immense ringlets of hair like a sea of golden tresses; she sat there on the edge of the couch with her hands hanging in her lap and her smoky blue country eyes fixed in a wide stare because she was in an evil gray New York pad that she'd heard about back West, and waiting like a longbodied emaciated Modigliani surrealist woman in a serious room. But, outside of being a sweet little girl, she was awfully dumb and capable of doing horrible things.
- Why would a movie distributor decide to premiere a film on television on demand and then release it in theaters a month later? It seems counterintuitive somehow.
- They'll probably release it to about a dozen theaters or less and show it for a few weeks and then pull it. It sounds like they are just dumping the thing.
- I haven't been following the reviews, but it sounds like the entire movie is a huge mess for a distributor to basically release a movie on television.
- Please start a new Thread soon, i am their biggest fan.
- Im no middle aged twihard (im 29) or robert pattinson fanatic, but i have to give credit where its due and say Bel Ami was a good film and i though Rob was very good in it honestly- I mean his acting wasnt good in WFE or twilight but i truly enjoyed BA and thought he did a great job, i think he has a lot of potential.. ive no idea why Rob and this movie is not being released properly or tore to pieces by critics when i look around and see the absolute drivel that is on at the cinema every week- total crap with bad actors- case in point for this week- This means War- and the latest Jennifer Aniston movie- seriously? come on, there are far far worse actors and movies out there!!
- We like proper spelling, grammar and capitalization in this thread, R573.
And maybe the critics didn't like Bel Ami because it wasn't a good movie? It's not like Jennifer Aniston's or Reese Witherspoon's movies get great reviews either.
Obviously the studio doesn't think it has a it on its hands otherwise the movie wouldn't have languished on the shelf for two years just to be dumped on VOD. If they thought it could make money it would have gotten a proper release. Lord knows the film got more free publicity than it ever would have if Pattinson hadn't starred in it. It really had every opportunity for a small indie film.
- "64% of married women would leave their husbands for Robert Pattinson"
If that's true it certainly shows why marriages in America are in such trouble today.
- Oh dear god...
[quote]Maybe you should go and see this movie instead listening ugly,mid-aged,white men’ opinions posted on Rotten Tomatoes? They are jealous ’cause Robert’s popularity,his money and female interest,besides they don’t get the point of the book: the bastard win.You get the picture.You shouldn’t trust what journalists are writing-this is also one thing that comes from Bel Ami.
[quote]Oh Great! So you’re good at regurgitating some critic’s reviews. I applaud you. However, why not show some depth of your own with a little critical thinking after having read the book and viewing the film? The mere fact that Mr. Pattinson would tackle this classic material speaks volumes of his depth and fortitude as an actor. At his age that is quite impressive given our education system in America. Audiences might want to see for themselves before relying on others to think for you.
[quote]have you nothing more to do than critic,two young actors,they have gave some of us great viewing of their talents,JEALOUS MUCH.i am going to see bel ami and so far like what i see of it,as for robert pattinson and kirstin stewart,i think they are good young actors that[ WILL BE GREAT] and the movies they made so far i have enjoyed so lets not put them down at every turn,keep up the good work robert and kirsten there are people out here that love you both and your work you have given this old woman so much pleasure,as all i do is read an watch movies SO A BIG THANKS FROM MAUREEN WILLIAMS XXXXXXX
- We like proper spelling, grammar and capitalization in this thread, [R573].
Pot meet kettle. I sugest you take your own advice.
- R577, I love you, but please tell me you are kidding. Right?
- Jesus Mother of God, those posts at R576 are simply beyond belief. I can think of three letters only that might sum them up: WTF?
- [quote]I think it's really just the hard core middle aged fraus who are Robert's real audience and that's a really embarrassing fanbase to build a career on.
Yes, but I didn't believe that until I saw the videos and photos of them camped out in the streets at the Twilight premieres and such. How amazing it was to see them with their, shall we say, wrinkled faces and Twilight posters and t-shirts and anxious, adoring faces.
In fact, I'd bet money that some of those very same women wrote the posts at R576.
[quote]The mere fact that Mr. Pattinson would tackle this classic material speaks volumes of his depth and fortitude as an actor.
Yeah. Sure. Whatever you say.
- Straight actors like Rob have no chance R573, only gay actors are supported here.
- [quote]The mere fact that Mr. Pattinson would tackle this classic material speaks volumes of his depth and fortitude as an actor. At his age that is quite impressive given our education system in America.
The hell? It's a period movie, it's hardly Hamlet. Being set in the past doesn't make a film art or intellectual. And what's with the US education system comment? Is the poster unaware that RP is British? Or is she suggesting that Americans are so ignorant and undereducated there's no way they'd ever go see a film set in 19th century Paris, thus RP has doing something brave in being in a film destined to be unsuccessful in the first place? But I thought the only reason it was unsuccessful was because male audiences were jealous of RP!
- Rob is straight, R582?
- [quote]Rob is straight, [R582]?
Is it considered straight sex when I mount him nightly with my strap-on?
- R585 :) lolz,,,
- I don't think these people get out much, R583, so anything set in the past is probably considered high art.
- R585 hot
- Not "the scene" of Rob's naked ass from Bel-Ami, but I found a few shots of him and his uncut British cock in undies from the film:
- and here:
- Responding to the actual title of this thread, I usually find Kristen Stewart to be very wooden in her performances but when I saw a clip of the upcoming movie, On the Road (?) it looked as if she might have a pulse after all. It will be interesting to see.
- Thank-you for the photos Taylor, but I don't actually see the uncut British cock.
[quote]With Breaking Dawn – Part 2 only a few months away, the Twilight cast are busy doing everything they can to avoid being typecast. Robert Pattinson is making films about elephants and old-timey French cads, while Taylor Lautner has decided to only make films that are even worse than Twilight. But what of Kristen Stewart?
- [quote]only gay actors are supported here.
Call Me Confused
- When you look at this photo, I don't think you can deny the innate acting ability she displays. Just look at her eyes. And the way she rolls the cigarette (or joint or whatever).
She's going to go places, people!
- Kristen Stewart is still doing that mouth grimace, hands through then hair thing she does in every movie. Kristen Stewart doesn't act, she just plays herself on screen.
I gave up on her, um, 'acting' after seeing her boring, lethargic performance in The Runaways, which I thought was a movie she actually liked making.
I don't think I've ever seen an actress with so little range.
- If you've seen her in an interview, then you've seen the entire range of her acting. Bite the lip, pause, suck in breath loudly, run hands through hair, slouch.
That's it, that's all folks.
- This is the real Marylou Keroauc wrote about-the sweet little girl with the blonde ringlets, Neal Cassady's child bride.
Yes, I understand actors are never going to exactly resemble the real life people they play, but Kristen and her dirty, tomboy look don't even come close in either physicality nor in the spiritual essence of the character.
It just looks like Kristen Stewart playing herself on a road trip.
- Pattinson has a beer gut and a pair of bitch tits in those pictures.
- Another thread has been started.
The Thread Starter