- Sounds like an episode of battlestar galactica.
- Get some rest, hon.
- Could be. Who knows? There is something due anyday.
- Not a single person in Austin Texas is asleep right now (approx 3:10am local time).
I can assure you of that.
And that is weird.
Unless you account for the MASSIVE lightening storm
- Wake & Bake, OP.
A space ship will land and we'll find out that God is a turtle.
The faithful will respond by fashioning eyewear, accessories, and stubby crosses out of real tortoise shell. Fridays will be reserved for holy communion - turtle soup.
Earth turtles will become extinct and Turtle God will ask slowly, "WTF?"
That's the end of the world.
- There's going to be a major earthquake in CA.
- Just fart, OP. Go ahead and let it out. You WILL feel better. Everyone does it once in a while.
- I was farting as I read r7!
That is weird and coincidental.
- What is it, OP? More details!
- The Rapture??
- Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.
- OMG, I farted too!! OP is on to something.
- When is this going to happen, OP?
- ANOTHER foot? We'll add it to our collection!
- Can you say "Apocalypse"?
Sure! Sure you can!
- *kisses doll
- Is this like the thread on the day that Bin Ladin was killed that alluded that something major was going to occur that day?
- Where did the OP go?
- Fukushima is going down.
- I was ripping ass too!
Must be why they call me "Toots."
- Omigod, I was listening to Blondie's "Rapture" when I read R10!!!
The end is NIGH!
- Step away from the pipe. It's gonna be ok.
- The Man took him down, r20.
- I need to hit the pipe. This shit is too much.
- Power bottom!
- "Max! I'm getting a psychic vision!"
- OMG, something, somewhere will happen at some time.
- "There's going to be a major earthquake in CA."
Not a major prediction since CA is located in a seismic zone.
- Well I wasn't the Austin poster, but you're right I was up. There was a tornado that touched down and did damage about 10 blocks away. 12 blocks away a house has no roof. Lots of trees are down. It was kind of strange.
- ha ha r27
- Something will happen to a lot of people, probably somewhat soon. It's going to be different for each person, but it's going to be big when it does. It might not happen all at once though. It'll start happening to some people first, and then happen to the rest later. A lot of people will be affected by this thing or things that will happen eventually.
- January 24th is the most depressing day of the year, according to a study rating polls on mood, climate and suicide statistics.
That's what brought this on -- "Something weird is about to happen" is a classic winter post.
- Something weird happens somewhere on the planet every day. Actually, something weird happens in many parts of the planet every day
- There are 7 billion people on the planet.
You know those "one in a million" things that happen to people? They happen 7000 times every day!
The law of large numbers
- I'm cumming as I type!
- My pussy, shocking, suddenly DOES NOT STINK.
- Yeah it's called the flu.
- [quote]reply 34 posted 01/25/2012 @ 10:41PM[flag]
Something will happen to a lot of people, probably somewhat soon. It's going to be different for each person, but it's going to be big when it does. It might not happen all at once though. It'll start happening to some people first, and then happen to the rest later. A lot of people will be affected by this thing or things that will happen eventually.
What will it be? Omg!
It is happening again.
- WOW BOB WOW
- YOU'RE SOAKING IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!
- Tha tshow was pretty good, r28!
- Op...take your meds and get some rest!
- There's something happening here,
What it is ain't exactly clear...
Paranoia strikes deep, Into your life it will creep...
- I just watched some Japanese porn for the first time today, and I feel really weird. What has been seen can not be unseen.
Is that going to happen to everybody?
- Good Weird? Bad Weird?
- R42 - it's gastroenteritis.
- Bad weird.
Does anything good weird ever happen around here?
THE QUEEF HEARD ROUND THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- OMG!! The Supremes are in on it!
- Far out!
- I have a friend who has been saying the same thing for the last 3 weeks. I have another who has been hoping for something to happen for the last 4 yrs.
There is allways something about to happen that is going to be huge for the people that it happens to. It might have ripples and hurt others, but there is nothing unusual about that.
Wake me when absolutley nothing happens. When all wars have stopped and we are all getting along, and the random hate has ended. Then I'll get out there and wear my "the end is near" sandwich board.
- Did Umpy forget to sign in.
- So, when is this "thing" going to happen? I'm very confused.
- Does it involve the Amish?
- Post-traumatic cultures crave a constant diet of drama.
- Booga! Booga!
The Marx Brothers
- We are trying to make contact, can you hear me?
We'd like to conduct a fax orgy!
- The game is afoot.
- OP could you please quote the scripture and verse? it sound s biblical
- You can feel it in the air.
You really can.
Something weird is about to happen.
- I feel it, too.
- [quote]Some strange coincidences will start to happen.. Not sure if it has to do with maybe something happening to a lot of people with the same name
I think it's something in the celebrity world. Remember the "27 Club" ? Maybe there will be a "2011 club".
- Could it be, yes it could..something's comin' something good...
- another explosion at the fukushima in the past hours along with another earthquake (ahem) at the reactor site. Ambulances and fire trucks have been seen going there.
not earthquakes, but hydrogen explosions.
You have been warned. Do not eat fish from the Pacific ocean.
- "Kenneth, what is the frequency?"
Ann Romano holding Dan Rather, because he's frightend.
- Can you feel it?
Can you feel it?
CAN YOU FEEL IT?
- Do you suppose everyone could evacuate the city of Los Angeles in a calm, orderly fashion?
- I just woke up... Did I miss it? Did it happen?
- Very shallow earthquakes in the SE of the island of Hawaii, away from other vents.
- It's here!!!!!!
- "Do you suppose everyone could evacuate the city of Los Angeles in a calm, orderly fashion?"
People go postal in LA when the Starbucks barista doesn't get their beverage right. How do you think they'd handle a major catastrophe?
- [quote]another explosion at the fukushima in the past hours along with another earthquake (ahem) at the reactor site. Ambulances and fire trucks have been seen going there.
If you're going to terrify us, at least give us some more info.
- "The general atmosphere is very MabBethish - what has or is about to happen?
- r79, I have to give you the websites in 2 posts because it rejected my post.
This one is a blog from a Japanese man I have been following. He finally fled Japan to Europe b/c of getting sick and the coverups.
http://fukushima-diary.com/2012/01/m5-class-of-earthquake-hit-japan-4-times-in-2-hours/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: FukushimaDiary (Fukushima Diary)
- r79, here is the other one.
Read the comments also on articles.
It is a lot of reading, but informative, and will explain why I said not to eat fish from the Pacific.
I'm glad you are interested. Pass it around if you think others should be informed. I do.
- Is Liza planning another Broadway show?
- R81 thanks for those links.
- did any of you even read the OP's post?
- I just spotted a coincidence! I posted about the WW1 book The Guns of August in the "books you are reading thread" at the same time someone else posted the WW1 movie title All Quiet on the Western Front in the "describe your sex life with a movie title" thread. AT THE SAME TIME!
- you are welcome r85
- Some people are predicting another large earthquake for Japan, maybe Tokyo.
- Thanks, r81. Now I'm sufficiently terrified.
Can you give me a better read on this quote from Enenews? It was the translation from the farmer about his cows. It looks like a literal translation and it doesn't make any sense.
[quote]Stop Fukushima plants to die if necessary.
We need someone to die, someone must die to settle it down.
Is he suggesting that Japan execute the officials? Or is he concerned that more people will die?
- r90, I really don't know. I read the transcript too. So sad. Maybe he means only by people dying will the country sit up and demand their country full disclosure?
The govt clearly doesn't give a shit by the radiation readings or outside people saying that it is dangerous and the evacuation zone should be larger.
You could ask the Miku who writes the diary.
Did you read about the food given to children at the schools?
What I find is the scariest (and a lot of time hard to understand) is all the workers from different nuclear facilities weighing in their opinion in the comments.
I don't understand why Japan doesn't ask for help. This is a global problem and I would think everyone would help. Bring in all the best scientists worldwide.
They have just recently asked for Chernobly docs. That should have been requested in March 2011.
Also, did you see that the people who mark radiation maps for the USA will no longer be the govt/outside company but a nuclear lobbyist company. F-ing scary.
- I think the govt and industry is worried about bad p.r.
- Agree with r92. Japan is still very hung up on the whole "face saving" idea. At the expense of the people living in the area.
I think that's why a lot of this hasn't gotten out to the MSM. If Japan asked for help then the scope of the problem would be known and people would "talk" and bring "shame" to the corporations and the government. Especially now since the problem has just gotten worse. The government would (rightly) be blamed for covering up the severity of the problem.
Then people would demand an accounting and that just isn't going to happen (yet - I hope it does in the end).
- Agree about PR.
There was an article probably back in Dec about all the over-sized deformed fruits and veggies growing in Japan. Govt blamed it on farmers using too much fertilizer.
And the freakish fish and gigantic clams. The govt said the tsunami turned up the clams from the ocean bottom and those ones are usually oversized.
I am glad I have 2 people here interested in it and to chat to.
- R94, do you think that Mt Fuji had anything to do with the earthquakes? Is the area around the volcano under any sort of alert or watch?
Let's face it, if that thing goes off, it's going to be like a nuclear winter. In more ways than one.
It's like Japan is getting one disaster after another and I'm concerned it will reach a point where there are no emergency responders.
- Did you see this
- Yes, I did. That's why I'm asking about Mt Fuji.
If Mt Fuji is becoming more active, another large earthquake may be the least of Japan's worries.
- I don't think so r95, but this is what I am reading by the posters on the sites.
Since I am no expert by any means.. we have to wait for others to comments.
Because the govt / Tepco don't release info... sadly the experts on the sites I mentioned wait for videos of the plant noticing smoke, "sparkles" (I know, they see something we don't), weird colored flames from the ground, or if radiation spikes in the next few days... to see if a hydrogen explosion.
I do check the blog daily for comments.
I think they are waiting for the 27th's reading from the earthquakes to see if a rise in radiation.
Please excuse my terms or explanations being so simple.. I truly am the last person who should try and explain ;). ha ha
I am going to go look for any external articles on Mt Fuji at the ene site.
- I never realized Mt Fuji was located next to Tokyo. Thanks r96
- ah, I see how close those earthquakes were to Mt Fuji (with this map). Maybe there is a connection.
- r80 here
maybe 2/3 weeks ago on the diary someone in Tokyo posted a video of 17/20 military helicopters going down the coast.
We thought it was about evacuations because of the possible hydrogen explosions (which will result in the mother of all explosions).
I'll go find it.
Also, did you see the article of the practiced evacuations of Tokyo?
- Does the earthquake or radiation in Japan have anything to do with this mystery noise that started in our house about six weeks ago? It's like the Taos Hum and it's driving us crazy.
- Well, I don't know when -- but just saying it could even make it happen!!
- military helicopters over tokyo
- wow, that looks suspicious - and menacing, R104
- Roads in Tokyo will be shut down in an emergency
- deformed veggies
- Shit, r98, check out this quote from another site about the workers cleaning up the mess -
[quote]"Right now, 70% of workers at the plant are migrant contract workers from all over Japan. Most of them have never worked at nuke plants before. The pay is 8000 yen to 13,000 yen [US$104 to $170] per day. Most of them are either in their 20s who are finding it difficult to land on any job, or in their 60s who have "graduated" from the previous jobs."
This is really scary. How much more is being hidden from the public?
- Jan 24: could this be a hydrogen explosion
- R108 = utter link-posting FAIL
- For r111, I do learn from my mistakes.
- R110, another utter link-posting-FAIL.
Jesus. READ the label on the box you're pasting into. It isn't rocket-science.
- Jesus calm down r113.
r109, that is really scary, I wouldn't think there would be a lot of volunteers. I read on ene that some of the migrants can't even read so they probably don't understand the dangers.
- r109, you asked how much more is being hidden?
I bet all the deaths of the men who have been working there for the past 8 months.
- Interesting, r110.
Approaching "tinfoil" territory but I'm willing to entertain any sort of idea.
Guy suggesting that Fukushima accident was actually caused a nuclear weapon.
- Thanks r116. Until officials release info I am sure there will be tinhat theories.
- R116, that website is all about blaming the Jews. That’s an idea you are eager to entertain?
- Isn't Japan's biggest enemy China?
- I keep seeing and hearing the number "32" everywhere since my 32th birthday in August 2011 till now.
Am i gonna die?
- Someone's staring back at me when I look in the mirror and he's not pretty. How did the fucker get into my apartment and how do I make him leave?
- Fasten your seatbelts ... it's hoing to be a bumpy night!
- Solar flare activity!
- In related news, there's a shadow on the door of a cottage on the shore of a dark Scottish loch.
- I miss my Nana.... :(
- no, r118. I'm not "eager" to entertain the idea. I think it's an interesting scenario. I don't think the Israelis would DO it but SOMEONE might have (I'm thinking more like the US if anyone).
What scares me is that stuff like this is actually possible no matter WHO is behind it. We can effectively kill off everyone on the planet and make it look like a natural disaster.
- Last night my cell phone and landline started ringing at exactly the same moment. Also, every male I've met in the past six months has been named Dave. Spooky.
- I refuse ro pay $18 for this site because the webmaster will not permanently ban these Stormfront Jewhaters.
What kind of webmaster allows this kind of shit to clutter up their messageboard?
- R129, I think it's time for a little nighty night.
- [quote]Stormfront Jewhaters
Not sure what this term is supposed to mean-?
- R102, why don't you tell the press about the noise in your building? Call your local TV & radio stations & any newspapers in the area, see if someone is interested in coming over to hear the noise & interview you. Sounds like an interesting feature story that they might want to run & maybe get some ideas about the mystery from informed sources.
- Here's something weird -- when I try to find the 2012 underwhelmed thread, I'm told it doesn't exist.
- Tonight's the SAG Awards. I predict Kate Winslet will give another of her long, rambling OH MY GOD!!! BREATHE, KATE!!! speeches and the terrorists will have won.
- Will Billy ever recover from amnesia? Will Francis ever uncover the secret of the toxic dump under the subdivision? Will Jackie find out the secret in Trevor's troubled past? Turn in tomorrow on "Something Weird is About to Happen"
- I woke up this morning with the feeling that something terrible happened. I keep waiting for the phone to ring with some bad news.
This day sucks.
- Kate Winslet won a major award and she WASN'T there!
I am going to play hooky from work today and watch The Artist for the 4th time!
- There wasn't anything on the news (aside from the rethuglican debate rehash - which is bad enough).
Anybody have specific bad things in mind?
- I think a lot of celebrity couple will be getting divorced this year,
- I think this has something to do with Madonnasaurs' performance at the Super Bowl
- Fukushima hit by 4.8 Quake
Like "someone famous died, so two other people will die,"
- If this thread keeps being bumped, at SOME point in 2012, SOMETHING weird will be happening.
- We need help! This is a job for Karen and Richard...
- Report: ‘Empty’ Reactor No. 4 was actually filled with nuclear fuel — Only a matter of time before melt-out
[...] The nuclear worker is trustworthy. [...] Please read the post below as a story I heard from a Fukushima worker. [...]
Tepco was planning to start reactor 4 in the AM of 311.
(The nuclear fuel was in reactor.) [...]
Soon after the earthquake hit it, meltdown started.
Because reactor 4 was stand-by, cooling system could not be started either. [...]
The damage of reactor 4 is serious. [...]
In the container vessel of reactor4, melted fuel is stocked, but there is no technology developed to pick it up, it’s only the matter of time for it to have melt-out. The longest time would be one year.
If another earthquake hits it, it’s over.
Technically speaking, if it goes melt-out, it would flow to the sea.
Pacific ocean side of Japan and west side of America won’t be inhabitable anymore.
- I'm getting more concerned now.
- How about the midwest r145?
A very scared Debbie EW reading soccer mom from Indiana
- what do they mean by "melt-out" and "the longest time would be one year" at post R145?
- someone commented:
"If what is being said is true does ANYTHING else in the world really matter now? Isn’t what is happening in Fukushima now, for the last 10 months, not the most important thing in the world and will have the greatest impact on our species and environment thousands and thousands of years?
I find it interesting that I do not see many of the famed ecologists and green folks talking very loudly about this. This should be #1 news every day everywhere"
I know that Helen Caldicott spoke about it. It is not being talked about in the mainstream media at all. Big blackout.
- Yeah. Fuck this shit.
I heart r149. Let's dance.
- [quote] Here's something weird -- when I try to find the 2012 underwhelmed thread, I'm told it doesn't exist.
It appears all the underwhelmed threads, including the Official 2012 Underwhelmed thread, have been deleted.
- It worked for me
- The local news just announced a leak in the San Onofre nuclear reactor in SoCal, but kept repeating that everything is under control and there is no danger...
- Is that all there is?
- Seriously, r156?
This nuclear shit is some serious shit.
- I think I am going to buy a geiger counter (isn't that what it is called). I bet our govt would lie to us just like Japan.
Headline...Radioactive release possible at California nuke plant: “We can’t make a black and white statement that absolutely none escaped” — Workers unable to enter to check if leaking
my comment, if workers can't enter to check, something is up.
- This is why I shouldn't read the Fukushima sites....
HEADLINE: Tepco sends emergency email to journalists: Leakage at Reactor No. 4 — “They assume the water is from the well of the reactor”
COMMENT NO. 1: now, WHY would there be water pumping around a reactor well if it HAS NO FUEL IN IT? I think we are being set up for big bad news.
it's shit like this I don't understand and the other people do that drives me crazy.
- I think a lot of celebrity suicides this year.
- I love this site.
It shows you worldwide earthquakes, bird flus, volcanos... just click on the itty bitt icon you want to see.
- Another earthquake in Virginia. What's up with that?
- WTF? Uh oh.
- Possible release of radioactive steam at a nuclear plant west of Chicago.
- I've been watching the news in Chi-town for several days and they never even covered it!
- Which plant west of Chicago? I didn't hear of that.
- Two nuclear plants with unexplained breakdowns within a couple days?
- r169, I think all the nuclear plants are getting older.
- [quote]I think all the nuclear plants are getting older.
At our SoCal plant, the weird thing was all sorts of "new" generator tubes were showing extreme (80%+) wear.
- Schwarzzy's pals got the contract!
- Forgot the worn tube link:
Worn tubes found San Onofre nuclear facility after leak
February 2, 2012 | 3:39 pm PST
Nuclear regulation officials said Thursday that extensive wear had been found on the tubes inside a unit at the San Onofre nuclear plant, where another unit was placed off-line after a leak earlier this week.
Dozens of relatively new tubes that carry radioactive water in a steam generator showed "many, many years" worth of wear, even though the tubing is 22 months old, said Victor Dricks, a spokesman for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Nearly 70 tubes, made from a metal alloy and formed into a U-shape, had 20% of their interior lining worn off, while hundreds more had 10% of the lining deteriorated. More than 9,000 tubes are in the generator.
Dricks said that some of the tubes will require repair, while others will probably have to be replaced.
But officials for Southern California Edison, which operates the facility and is a majority owner, say it's too premature to make any determination, and that continued tests will be conducted. The unit was off-line for a scheduled maintenance period of several months for technology upgrades and fuel replacement, said Gil Alexander, an Edison spokesman.
It is unclear why the tubes are showing so much wear.
The commission's findings come on the heels of a leak in a tube Tuesday, prompting operators to shut down a reactor. However, officials said it was a miniscule amount of radiation that did not endanger the public.
- were they made in China?
- Japanese government is going to build a remote Japan in India
Posted by Mochizuki on January 14th, 2012 · 14 Comments
Japanese government is going to build a remote Japanese city in Chennai of India by cooperating with private sector.
It can accommodate 50,000 people with factory complex, shopping mall, and hospital etc..
Edano, minister of economy visited Chennal on 1/10/2012 to ask for the state’s help.
Mizuho corporate bank and JGC corporation are going to invest 4 billion JPY on the local development company.
Factory complex (2.3 km2) will start being sold from this summer, they will already start operating the factories in 2013.
Residential area will have 2 km2 area, consist of resort city beside Indian ocean, which will be developed from 2013. Japanese shopping mall, golf course, hospitals with Japanese doctors will be included too.
This plan was announced without any advance notice, and starting the factories in 2013 is really soon.
It’s giving some Japanese people the impression that Japanese government is building the ark only for rich people.
- Awe, the guy from Fukushima Diary made a video of what happened to him.
- Celebrity deaths. That's it.
- bump because this thread is worth it.
- Not yet, OP. Towards the end of summer, I think.
What - I'm not sure yet. Maybe a big volcano or something that causes a lot of ash (not necessarily a fire but something spewing ash).
- Yeah, Yellowstone. 12/21/12.
- Do you feel like there is this real negative blah energy in the air, like we are on the eve of a real major Depression or maybe WWIII?
- In some ways, I hope that's true, R181, not so much the depression bit but rather something revolutionary that severely modifies society and government worldwide.
- could be pms r181
- Perhaps the brown men of Islam and the yellow men of Asia are about to rise up and claim their place from the white man.
- Up for devastation with a weird touch.
- Why can't we ever think that things are on the verge of getting better? Why are things always getting worse, instead of better?