- Jeremy Sheffield is hot, but it's pretty lame list compared to who is out in the US.
- Simon Woods!
- A few from soapland:
Anthony Cotton (Coronation Street)
Garnon Davies (Hollyoaks), pictured.
- Despite the relentless bearding with Rosie Thingy-Whatsername I will forever believe Jason Statham is a big ol' 'mo.
- Is Whishaw out?
- [quote]Simon Woods!
Looking quite hot here:
- r5, well he's out to me. I know his ex. In fact, one of them is on my list.
- Simon left acting it seems for work behind the camera.
Oh, I forgot to include Lee Williams.
Simon can fuck like a motherfuck!
- Pam St. Clement (Pat) and Michael French (David) from EastEnders.
- Dare we also add that notorious Welsh heterosexual....
- Christian Coulson (Tom Riddle in Harry Potter, also appeared in an episode of Little Britain).
- I don't recognize a single one of the names on this thread besides Ian McKellan, Ben Whishaw, and Simon Woods.
And both Whishaw (whom I only know from BRIDESHEAD REVISITED) and Woods (whom I only know from ROME) are pretty obscure.
- r12, I bet a chav could post the very same thing in a thread about (young) Gay American Actors.
- LUKE EVANS IS STRAIGHT. HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND.
- I'm sure quite a few young and male viewers know Russell Tovey from "Being Human".
And others might recognise him from "Him&Her" (fantastic show).
I like him, he is cute as a button. If I were a gay guy I'd be all over him (and Olly Murs of course)
- Olly Murs, hmmm, now that one's a question mark.
Plays the genderless pronoun in interviews.
- Well, I didn't imply he was gay, but there is something really fishy about his love life. He has officially been single ever since his X Factor days ended.
And when he did his stint on the Chris Moyles Show last spring (for one whole week) he found every woman attractive. The team even made fun of the fact that he would say that.
- Dear old Rupert Everett should get a mention.
The ten best known British gay actors list is at link. Old school mind, don't expect any fit young hunks on there:
Any for the ladies?
- No I know you didn't imply anything. :)
You just jogged my memory on him as regards how lowkey he is and uses genderless formats in interviews. He may be straight and simply private or doesn't want to date. I think he's more interesting for it tbh.
- I agree completely with you, R18/R20.
I've been keeping an eye on him in that regard.
Here's an interesting Dailymail article for the ones interested in Olly Murs and his private life:
- Olly Murs doesn't seem to be gay.
- And going straight to the magazines to talk about it is suspect too. I wonder why stars feel they have to justify themselves. I guess they come under heavy pressure from management and PR. Sex sells.
Thanks for the link.
- To be fair, r22, the Daily Mail is the UK's version of People crossed with Life and Style.
If anyone needs straightening up, or ridiculous levels of publicity for some reason, they plant at the DM with impunity.
The last papaer you'd trust to be open about gay sexuality on the whole, is the DM.
- Sorry r22, you're being sarcastic. I thought you were quoting r21's link again.
You can trust the DM will spin the night at GAY as being 'a dare' and will later run a story about his 'ideal woman'.
- As the list so far confirms no one hot in the UK is gay. I spent a month there last Oct. Pretty lean pickings.
- Well r26, that's very gracious of you.
Notwithstanding your naturally beautiful and flawless neighbours, the Canadians, minus the extensive plastic surgery that ONLY your actors can actually afford most of your people appear on worldwide screens thus:
- David Ames (he was in that David Tennant Doctor Who with the bus in the desert). He's adorable on twitter (@semadivad)
- Gary Amers
- Oliver Thornton
- Declan Bennett (the one on the left)
- How do openly Gay British actors ever get work in the UK? The BBC is not exactly one to encourage this, visual minorities yes, but not Gays.
- Daniel Boys
- R32 - are you demented????
The Beeb/ITV/Channel4/5 don't give a flying fuck about sexuality.
It appears that only when they want a career in the US do Brit actors straighten up (...cough, Tom Hardy...cough, Luke Evans, cough...)
cough...Henry Cavill...cough etc
- [quote]The BBC is not exactly one to encourage this
The BBC, and its viewers, doesn't have a problem with gay actors/chat show hosts/musicians etc. Plenty of opemnly gay actors work on the BBC (and ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, Sky)
- Channel actors 4 maybe. Show me one openly gay presenter from BBC Science?
- David Paisley
- Andrew Hayden Smith
- Chris New
- C4 are so effin annoying, it's like T4 have a ban on gay presenters. but I guess it's TV for 17 year old chav homophobes.
- John Partridge
- r40 Erm, Anthony Crank? Simon Amstell on Popworld, which was a T4 show?
Exactly. What are you on, r40?
Isn't Nick Grimshaw gay as well?
- There are parts of the worldwide entertainment industry that welcome gay actors for entertainment purposes and projects. And then there are parts of the worldwide entertainment industry where being openly gay can be a disadvantage.
A British blockbuster production pandering to straight men or teenage girls wouldn't be so keen to hire an openly gay man in a lead role the same way Hollywood wouldn't consider an openly gay man to be the lead in a summer blockbuster movie.
- Are any of these studs gay? or bisexual?
Oliver Jackson-Cohen from
Lark Rise to Candleford
BTW, I think many, many British guys are HOT!
- Ben Miles isn't. Well if he is he's hiding it very well behind a long marriage, three kids and a fairly large number of previous girlfriends.
Patrick Malahide is similar though he's on his second or possibly third marriage.
- So BBC1: Bang Goes the Theory: Dr. Yan Wong or Jem Stansfield..... which one is family? Both?
- Josh Rafter
- Love Ben Whishaw. Any more information and especially some photos.
- Matthew Waterhouse (Adric, 'Doctor Who')
- I'm catching up on Being Human on Netflix and I am so in love with Russell Tovey. He really is cute as a button, plus he's a good actor.
- Yes, r20, and he has an eatable ass!
- Josh Rafter was on Big Brother, and only Big Brother. He ain't an actor.
- looks a little small, R52
- He's a bit thick though R51
- Anyone met Matthew Waterhouse? He now lives in Connecticut with his boyfriend.
- "Rupert Holliday-Evans"
Appeared on one of those Harry Enfield things (Double-Take Brothers) in just a pair of shorts.
Surprisingly hot body...
He was with the composer of Bright Star. Not sure if they're still together.
- is Ben Whishaw officially out now?
- He did an interview with OUT, where he practically comes out. Still glass closet, I suppose. But clearer glass than Anderson Cooper, for instance.
- Stephen Fry's twink boyfriend stage actir Steven Webb should do nothing for me, but I want to fuck him hard
- What do you mean, R55?
- I've never heard of most of these guys.
- What about Linus Roache? He didn't get married until about ten years ago when he moved to the US.
And Jamie Bell?
- Ian McDiarmid, who played the Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious in the Star Wars films. He also ran a theater with his partner for many years. Star Wars money has allowed him to concentrate on, and fund projects, at the theater.
- I think that R55 means that Tovey is stupid, R62.
- Ian McDiarmid is very queeny, yes. When he and Hayden Christensen were both in certain scenes in Star Wars, there was a LOT of queeniness going on!
Jamie Bell is supposedly straight.
- [quote]How do openly Gay British actors ever get work in the UK? The BBC is not exactly one to encourage this, visual minorities yes, but not Gays.
WTF are you on about??! Graham Norton, Mark Gatiss.
Out gays in Britain have no trouble getting work. The UK doesn't care.
- Steven Webb is disgusting. He's on drugs, and roided up. Does Stephen Fry actually think he's into him?
- How about Kieron Richardson from Hollyoaks?
I didn't see him mentioned, but I only skimmed through the previous posts so I might have missed it.
And for those that mentioned singers (even though that deviates from the thread topic), Mark Feehily from Westlife and his boyfriend/fiance Kevin McDaid.
- Try again, R69. Stephen Fry is a big old sugar daddy. His partner looks all of 15.
- [quote]And for those that mentioned singers (even though that deviates from the thread topic), Mark Feehily from Westlife and his boyfriend/fiance Kevin McDaid.
I don't think they are together anymore. I could be wrong.
- That's not the same Steven Webb.
- [R69] beat me to it.
- You're right R72. Thanks for mentioning it because I had no idea. We don't get any press on them here in the States, so based on your post I had to look it up online.
Looks like they announced their split on New Years. Feehily has it mentioned on his Twitter on Dec. 31st.
Shame. I wonder what went wrong.
- Simon Callow
Simon Russell Beale
All great stage actors
- Don't forget a lot of British actors that wish to have a successful career in the US, still must stay in the closet, plus the UK isn't as liberal as one would hope.
- Don't forget Ian Gelder.
- The Stage did a survey. Most gay British actors are out to the people that matter but fewer are out to their agents.
- I've seen Steven Webb on stage several times and he's adorable, as well a having some of the best comic timing I've seen. He had a few years where it seemed the only roles he got were variations on 'vulnerable gay schoolboy', but he was damn good at it.
- I just assume everyone gay in the UK entertainment industry is out. I don't believe the closet exists, so when someone say they are not gay I don't I don't think they are lying.
- How can you say that after r79's post, r81? Are you mental?
- R81 not true at all, particularly around shows that target younger audiences, the closet is still strictly enforced and lied about to protect.
- R81 is probably autistic. Anything that isn't face value is a too difficult concept to grasp for him.
- Sir Derek Jacobi
- I thought this thread was about up-and-comers?
- Colin Morgan
- Do you have any proof to back that up, R87? He has always claimed to be straight.
- Oh for fuck's sake, they ALL claim to be 'straight' while they're hot property.
- Even Elton John once claimed to be straight.
- What about John Barrowman? Yep, still hot!
- Colin Morgan supposedly has a girlfriend now according to another forum I read.
Someone who posted here last year who said he knew Colin from drama school also claimed he was straight.
"A friend of mine said her sister talked to a girl who saw someone, who said he heard this guy say a girl saw Ferris Bueller pass out at 31 flavors last night"
- John Barrowman, although not sure he counts since he seems more American then Scottish. Although when he does his Scottish accent it makes me melt!
- Has Colin Morgan ever made a statement one way or the other about his sexuality? He very well could be straight; I just haven't heard of him addressing his personal life before.
- R95, he has always maintained he is straight from what I can tell, and in the past he has appeared to dislike people looking for homoerotic or gay sub-texts in the t.v. show.
- R96, but I don't think he's actually said or maintained anything - "from what you can tell" is just speculation? - and his alleged discomfort about people talking about the homoerotic subtext of his show could well be him being closeted or conscious of PR for a family show.
And if he were that uncomfortable with homoerotic / gay subjects personally, he wouldn't have played the gay son in bed with another guy on the Catherine Tate show.
Again, he could very well be straight - it's just that I follow Merlin and haven't heard him address his personal life before, so hearing that he'd somehow maintained he was straight was news to me. I think he (and the rest of the cast) have largely avoided discussing their personal lives, and definitely their sexualities.
- Steven Webb looks young, but he's 27.
- Samuel Barnett's quite cute. I heard he was a real slut when he was in "The History Boys." He's a little old now, like 31-32.
- Steven Webb smokes. He'll age up to looking like Fry in no time.
- Sam Barnett
- Two of the young gentleman on this thread are rather fond of webcamming. Perhaps they're under the illusion that streaming = can't be recorded...
- Alright, I'm bumping up my Samuel Barnett, slut, thread I created yesterday.
Speaking of sluts, I'm here to tell you that Russell Tovey is the ULTIMATE! He actually humps men in front of people. If given the chance, he'd fuck a man right in front of a crowd.
So he's fairly approachable, then? It is my mission to at least kiss the face off him at some stage in the near future.
- "Has Colin Morgan ever made a statement one way or the other about his sexuality? He very well could be straight; I just haven't heard of him addressing his personal life before"
Yet right....because we know all Gay actors publicly declare there sexuality so the fans know..... ::: )
- >>there sexuality
Oh, Dear. How...MsA of you.
- If we're including the bisexuals, we're basically talking about all of the major actors.
- Well, after years of denials Rupert Graves finally admitted he was bi and had had a relationship with a guy.
Samuel West is gay but pretends he isn't. Nobody cares, really.
- Ioan Gruffudd and Matthew Rhys were lovers and lived together for a long time, although when Ioan (and Matthew) moved to Hollywood he married and had a kid hoping this would further his career.
- Didn't Matthew Rhys date Sienna Miller for a time? Just how many gay men has she dated?
- I have no idea is he is gay for sure, but Cary Elwes, lived with Nicholas Cage in San Francisco in the old EST - Werner Erhardt - mansion. I met them both there and I though for sure they were a couple. Others thought the same. It was a long time ago.
- Then there's Gerard Butler, who has admitted he was gay, and his PR people have been trying the bury the story for years.
- When and where did that happen R112?
- "I talk about my sexuality," he says, "But it's always glossed over. People seem to shy away from the issue. Whenever it is discussed, its distended and exaggerated. Gerard Butler is gay. No I'm not. I don't know myself what I am so it can be bewildering to see that being plugged. I have been in relationships with women. And men. That doesn't make me gay. That doesn't make me straight. Its hard enough to go through these things in my mind without being scrutinised about it so there are times when you want to close the door and say my sexuality is my own personal business."
His PR people claim they have proof the interview was a fake and never took place. I have seen him in other interviews and he runs off at the mouth and has trouble controlling what he says.
- Ioan Gruffudd and Matthew Rhys were best friends and lived together for a long time when they shared a flat in London. Neither were household names or huge earners and hadn't had their big break.
Ioan Gruffudd is straight and Matthew Rhys is in a glass closet.
- Ioan and Matthew slept in the same bed in that flat they shared just because it was cold. That's where the gay rumors started.
- [quote]Well, after years of denials Rupert Graves finally admitted he was bi and had had a relationship with a guy
No. He admitted he had a fling with a man in his younger days because he thought it was "arty", and the only way he could get off was by thinking about a woman. He said he had a lot of issues at the time. He's not bi.
- GIVE ME A BREAK! Was that posting meant to be funny?
- R117, in the same interview he said he'd swung between "2 percent and 38 percent gayness" during his life, so that seems kinda bi, by definition, to me.
- r119, he could have been describing "that" time period. He says "during his (entire) life", but I get what you're saying. He has about 20 children and is still married to the same woman. I think he's quite content fucking pussy.
- R103 - Tovey could hump me in front of the Queen, if he wants. And I don't mean Elton John.
- Russell was dating a British-Arab guy for years. Not sure if he's still dating him though. He was well built, which is probably why Tovey got on an exercise kick, which includes weight lifting. You'll notice that no matter what he's in, he shows off his arms and points to his muscles.
Tovey's a top, btw.
- I'm sold, R122. No need to keep tryin' to sell him on me... ;)
-  How can one forget the Big BROMANCE between Matthew and Dave during Brothers and Sisters! may be Matthew infact is st8 NOT!!!
- "Tovey's a top"
How do you know?
- [quote]Russell was dating a British-Arab guy for years.
- [quote]How do you know?
His boyfriend was a known bottom, and Tovey would pull him from the back, back him up into his crotch, and start humping his ass.
Okay, I'm going to start posting photos.
He's either still dating this guy, or was dating him. It was a long relationship either way.
And I expect a 'thank you' for posting all these!
They're personal photos, not official ones.
- Interesting. Do you have inside knowledge about other British actors as well, or just about Tovey?
- Tovey has revealed that he is uncut
- Awww - thanks for all the Russell pics! I have to say I'm better looking than the Arab boyfriend.
- Cute couple. Hope they're still an item
- Is the arab guy the policeman or was that somebody else.
When Tovey was interview in Attitude about nudity/sex scenes, he made a comment that it wasn't necessary/appropriate to show him fucking an ass or a pussy onscreen. No surprise that he prefers to top (though I'll train him up good ;)
- Ben Wishaw is not gay, in or out.
- Charlie Condou has an 8" cock, I know that one. He's also a top. I know a guy he hooked up with who couldn't believe how frigging huge he was. It was a one night stand back in 1998 or 1999. They met at a club. People have seen Charlie nude at the gym he frequents as well. All have commented on how hung he is. He's married now with two kids, but he said that although they don't have an open relationship, who knows what could happen down the line. He said his partner, who's Canadian, was physically perfect for him.
Condou writes a weekly piece for the Guardian, and wrote how when he saw the ultrasound for his now newborn son, he was so proud to see how endowed he was on the monitor. Guess he got the genes.
I personally have never seen him nude, but he's been shown in briefs in numerous television shows. He's packing.
I'm more interested now to hear about Samuel Barnett. It's hilarious how he's never officially come out of the closet, but basically, based on mannerisms, he don't need to. lmao. He's made a lot of comments about gay issues, and he's let it slip in a documentary that when his boyfriend isn't with him in bed, he feels uneasy about being alone.
I read the comments about him and Tovey being big old sluts in NY, and was wondering if someone could expand upon on it.
Tovey was very close to actor, Michael Arden, when he was in NY, and they did keep in touch. Maybe he was fucking him.
- [quote]Is the arab guy the policeman or was that somebody else.
Uh, why did Tovey say this, because he actually is.
Agreed. Ben Whishaw on the other hand...
- Isn't he?
- What, R143? Ben W. definitely seems gay. He practically came out in an interview not long ago.
- Barnett had one of those interviews in Gay Times where the interviewee basically comes out by going on about wanting to be private, not a poster boy etc.
See also Ben Whishaw in The New York Times.
No, but we have mutual acquaintences.
- Do you happen to know if Andrew Garfield or Nicholas Hoult are gay/bi?
Or (this is an obscure one, but I'll ask anyway) Reece Noi?
- There have been lots of threads on Garfield. He definitely pings.
- Never heard a peep about Andrew Garfield and he's done a fair bit of theatre (words gets around with theatre tarts).
- r151, come on, dish about everything you know!
- [quote]Ben Wishaw is not gay, in or out.
I can totally confirm that Ben is gay and out. His boyfriend was Kevin Trainor. They broke up about 5 years ago. I have no idea if he's out to the public, but he's a friend of a friend. He does not hide it.
- R153, Personally I think Jon is gay. That female vet he's dating is just a beard.
- Ben played a gay character in the new "Brideshead Revisited" movie with Matthew Goode a few years ago, and they both showed their asses.
- How can R154 not have heard about all the rumors about Garfield?
Are you talking about DL rumours?
Because the lack of rumours I'm referring to are in relation to the London theatre scene.
I don't read Ted Casblanca (sp?) etc.
- [quote]Is the arab guy the policeman or was that somebody else.
I'm still waiting for you to tell us more!
- [quote]C4 are so effin annoying, it's like T4 have a ban on gay presenters. but I guess it's TV for 17 year old chav homophobes.
Simon Amstell, Nick Grimshaw.
- Matthew Waterhouse, who played Adric on the original 'Doctor Who', in the 1980's is openly gay.
He wrote a book last year about his life. He and his partner currently live in Connecticut.
- Grimshaw is not out though, is he, r162?
- I couldn't tell you R164. I think he's just commonly assumed to be and he's never contradicted it as far as I've seen, so...fair assumption?
- What kind of guys are Scott Mills and Derren Brown into?
- I love Simon Amstell and his jew-fro!
- Nick Grimshaw isn't out the way Scott Mills is out. But other people (like R1 DJs) allude to it all the time. And come on, he is friends with Pixie Geldof, Lily Allen, Kelly Osborne, Kate Moss and more female 'celebs'. I've never heard of a single straight guy being friends with so many straight women and with hardly any mention of guy friends.
- Simon Amstell is really a nasty piece of work though. It's not an act.
- r169 - does that mean IRL he's more like his "Nevermind the Buzzcocks" persona than his supposedly more authentic stand-up persona?
- Yep, r170.
- Matthew Waterhouse lives in America? Who's his partner? Anyone know?
- John Barrowman
Sir Lauence Olivier
- Back to our originally scheduled broadcast.
- Uh, is this Tovey's balls?
- Who from the cast of Downton Abbey?
- Russell Tovey fucked BISEXUAL gay singer Danyl Johnson from X Factor, the guy Simon Cowell was desperate to shove back into the closet even though he was more prevelant on the London gay scene than HIV.
Speaking of HIV, Russell's best friend, his "sister" Matt Cain, the swishy Channel 4 news presenter, is a pozzed up cum pig, who's more load crazy than Dawson.
- r177, where did you hear this?
- I love questions like R178, please give identifying details so the parties involved can identify how the information got out.
- As soon as I posted I wished there was an edit function. I know this is a gossipy and bitchy site but I think I went too far, but was repeating something I'd heard from a couple of different people. Apparently MC arrived late at a meeting, and told everyone why - he'd been getting fucked by someone he'd just met.
The Tovey/Johnson thing is fairly well known I think.
- Isn't Danyl Johnson more into women? I'm sure I read he said that somewhere.
I use to like Tovey 'til I watched Him and Her, he did a too good a job of playing a smelly flatulent straight guy.
- [quote]Isn't Danyl Johnson more into women? I'm sure I read he said that somewhere.
If you believe Danyl is into women at all, you need your gaydar fixed.
- I read here on the DL that the guy who plays the Irish driver on Downton is gay.
- [quote]I love questions like [R178], please give identifying details so the parties involved can identify how the information got out.
You're not witty, hun. Go away.
[quote]The Tovey/Johnson thing is fairly well known I think.
I never heard it before. How on Earth would they have even met? Guess it would probably be a club. This was a one-night thing? Never heard them being linked.
Matt Cain, yeah. There is something creepy about him. Not surprised about the poz thing.
- Bet Tovey fucked every one of these uggos.
- He's not exactly an oil painting himself, r185.
- Who was that young guy on one of the British soaps who was playing a chav character, who knocked up his girlfriend, and then realizes he's gay? This actor came out on live television in an interview.
I don't know if I could do that. Could imagine haven't to wait in the green room, not only waiting to come on, but having to wait through commercial breaks knowing that you're going to announce it on live television for the first time? I'd come out in a publication first. While I support and respect people who have the nerve to do such things, I sometimes wonder if they're doing it for press.
For instance, I don't buy Ricky Martin's reasoning for coming out to the public. He needed something for his career. There are many actors who do this now, and give bullshit reasons for doing so. It helps gay youth, and getting a face out there, but these people aren't doing it for altruistic reasons IMHO.
- It was Kieron Richardson who came out on live television.
- [quote]You're not witty, hun. Go away.
Oddest reply ever. It wasn't meant to be witty, just stating that you can't expect everyone who gives gossip to state exactly how they know it. I appreciate when people do, but I understand.
A celebrity and/or their team will find out what is being said about them online, the internet is not a secret.
- r189, dishing more dirt is not the same as saying, "What's your name?" That wasn't what was being asked. All we want is more dirt, and something more concrete to put credence into that info. As you've probably noticed, many of us 'do' have information -- some more than others. If one of us can confirm that something being said on here could only be known by someone close or in the subject's inner circle, then we know that the dirt is accurate. That almost never happens on DL.
Look, we know that it would be ridiculous or suicide to reveal your identity. However, if you're not directly friends with the person, you can basically say that you know people who know them, or something in that vain. Maybe you overheard something, knew an ex-boyfriend?
To reiterate, all we want is more info. Again, many of us obviously have some sources. The more dirt dished, and some info as to how you know what you're saying, enables us to pretty much conclude what you're saying in the real deal. Everyone understands that if you're a friend of the person, you can't give too much of your personal identity away. I doubt many of us are personal friends of the individuals being discussed here, but you never know.
- Damien Molony - anyone got the goods on him?
- Damien Molony? First of all, he's Irish. Second, does "Being Human" really have two gay actors who have been attached to it? Surely you jest!
- Who cares if he's Irish - he's close enough to being British. What I want to know is does he like the butt sex!!!
- [quote]Gay British Actors
Can't get much more redundant.
- I'm curious about Benedict Cumberbatch from ''Sherlock''. I think he pings.
He'll play the villain in the next Star Trek movie.
- [quote]I'm curious about Benedict Cumberbatch from 'Sherlock'. I think he pings.
That ping is him phoning home. Alien-looking motherfucker.
- Benedict Cumberbatch is apparently quite the homophobe. Which I find shocking, but he made a film with his friends, Third Star, it was criticized for having strong homophobic language, yet Cumberbatch and the Director, a close friend of his, said it was a positive film for young heterosexual men.
- Did anyone mention Lee Pace or Tom Wisdom?
Lee Pace is British?
- lol, r196. He and Matt Smith both look like aliens assigned to infiltrate the human race who didn't bother to work on their disguises until the night before they were scheduled to leave
- R196 R197
It doesn't seem to me that Benedict Cumberbatch is the homophobe. His Sherlock
Holmes in, in fact, rather homoerotic....
LOL, I know he has alien-face but he also has a fucking nice body.
- Mark Gatiss would not put up with Cumberbatch if he were homophobic. He'd throw a shit-fit.
- BTW, Mark Gatiss wrote a book of erotic gay fiction under a pen name back in the 90s. It's nearly impossible to find, at least not under a $100. A couple of sites had passages. OMFG!
I need to see if I can find it. He is such a dirty little fucker.
- What was the pen name, r203?
- Christian Fall r204.
"The King's Men"
It's on Amazon .co.uk
[quote]For ten years, Ned Melcombe, spoilt son of Oxfordshire landowner, has held sacred the memory of his first love: the beautiful, golden-haired Lewis. But seventeenth-century England forbids such a love, and Ned is content to indulge his domineering passions with the willing members of the local community, including the submissive parish cleric. However, his easy life is shattered by the outbreak of the Civil War, and he is forced to train as a soldier in Cromwell's army. Only then does Ned discover that the lover he has so long venerated has chosen to fight as one of the King's men - a decision which may keep them apart forever.
- Benedict Cumberbatch fights Zachary Quinto on Star Trek set.
- OMG! This Benedict Cumberbatch is one strange looking guy. Not attractive at all.
- Cumberbatch is not homophobic, just straight.
- I have " All the King's men" great little read fun and pretty erotic,obviously had no idea that Gattis wrote it great.Will read again
- Does anyone know if the Danyl Johnson/Lloyd Daniels stuff was true?
Daniels was a teen contestant on the same season of X Factor, cute, pinged.
His post X Factor "work" seems to have been limited to occassional concerts but mostly twitpics of himself ending up on the FM Forums.
- r209, can you give us some examples of what the dirty mind of Mark Gatiss conjured up in the book?
BTW, you just randomly bought it? What made you get it? How'd you find it?
It's hilarious that you have it and didn't realize that Gatiss wrote it. Hang onto that!
- r208, and the character he plays in the film "Tinker, Taylor,Soldier, Spy" is gay. Not in the book just the film. For whatever reason they decided to make his a gay character(in the book he's quite the man around town). Le Carre helped write the screenplay so he obviously was ok with this.
- R210 - yes - Danyl and Lloyd did have sex in the X Factor house. Of course this was in the Simon Cowell days so no one was allowed to be openly gay.
With hindsight, Lloyd's "I Kissed A Girl" seems quite appropriate.
- Has anyone here ever hooked up with Andrew Hayden-Smith? He always looks like he has the cutest squeeziest butt.
- Anybody know if Ben Daniels is in an open relationship? I'd love to hook up with him while he's in NY in DON'T DRESS FOR DINNER.
- Does anyone know if the actor David Leon who is in the series, Vera is gay? He is a major stud!WOW!
- Lee Williams has a really big cock. I was shocked.
He was engaged to a well-known designer in the fashion industry back in the 90s.
Lee Williams isn't even his real name.
It's sad that Simon Woods went behind the camera and no longer acts. :(
His sex scene in "Rome" is infamous. How a gay boy with that ass, could fuck a girl like that, is shocking!
- Christian Coulson.
- Ben Cumberbatch isn't at all homophobic. He's very sweet and dorky in real life.
Btw, Ben Daniels is in Don't Dress for Dinner with Adam James (David Tennant's best friend and co-star in Much Ado) who is not gay, but possibly the campest man you will ever meet. If you get a chance to hang out with him while pursuing Daniels, do take it, he's quite fabulous.
- Hans Matheson ?
- Tovey taking a piss with his boyfriend.
I'm still waiting for that other poster to tell us if he's still together with this guy. This photo is from a few years ago.
This was the police officer boyfriend.
- Does the boyband fan here know anything about Max from The Wanted? I don't even like him really and think he's a poor man's Henry Cavill, but I don't buy his engagement to that bint off Corrie.
- R201.. nooo.. why are you doing this? ruining my fantasy of Benedict :( I always assumed he was gay friendly.. Sherlock is extremely homoerotic and he played gay in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy too.. would a homophobe take on one gay role and one very homoerotic one? I hope he isn't, because I am LOVING Sherlock, and it would crush me to find out that the actor was indeed a homophobe :(
- Hot, R221. You can actually see the piss coming out! I wish we could see his uncut cock though.
- Has Alan Rickman remained faithful to his longtime gal pal lo these many years? I used to think he was gay gay gay, but not anymore.
- r223, he's definitely not, nonsense.
r225, don't know but he felt up an actress I know a few years ago, at an after party.
- [quote]he's definitely not, nonsense.
R226, what is he definitely not.. gay friendly or homophobic?
- What's funny is that to most Americans, Benedict Cumberbatch will be presumed gay anyway - both because of his pretentious name and his appearance.
- Is Colin Firth bisexual?
- No evidence of that so far, R229
- Richard Franklin (Captain Mike Yates, 'Doctor Who')
- I don't know if Cumberbatch is or isn't homophobic, but I do recall the same Brit indie film Third Star he made with his friends.
While I haven't watched it I membered the review on Newsnight's The Review Show where there was major criticism from all the panelists regarding the unnecessary and frequent homophobic language in the film.
- Charlie Condou just tweeted-
"Just saw a description where there's a discussion of the size of my penis-don't think I know how I feel about that."
WELCOME TO DL, CHARLIE!!!!!
- There's a topic about Charlie on LPSG .org.
That's probably the one he found. Bwahahahaha!
There's another guy on there claiming to have fucked him.
- Have we discussed Richard Armitage yet?
- OK, thanks for the reply, R230.. in this case though I just think the movie is homophobic, not him.. yeah, I know.. he choose the role, not denying that.. but I really doubt a homophobic man would play gay.. he played gay in TTSS and he doesn't seem to have any problem playing opposite gay actors like Russel Tovey in Sherlock, or Zachary Quinto in Star Trek. He also said he would LOVE to play Edward II, a gay king.. again, I doubt he is homophobic.
That said, I certainly will NOT be watching Third Star, because I don't exactly like watching homophobic movies.
- Dammit.. I'm arguing with some people, referring to a quote from the Third Star movie with BC. The guys in the movie made a reference to Brokeback and the tent scene.. and made fun of it. And people actually said that those taking offense from that would be "morons" and that "people get offended by everything these days." WTF?!?! That was an extremely homophobic comment. It made me sick. I will definitely not be watching that movie, yet they think I'm overreacting and I'm stupid for being offended by that? WTF? Ugh :(
R230, you were definitely right.. and I'm stunned that people think I am overreacting.. they're actually defending the movie saying it isn't homophobic, when it clearly is!
- My apologies for bumping an old thread, but do any Brits on the board have definitive (or not) info on Tom hiddleston and/or Eddie Redmayne? Iknow the rumors about hiddleston and Branagh, but their frequent association seems more indicative if the insular nature of British entertainment rather than any sexual relationship. I mean, who would want to suck Kenneth branaghs dick? Yuck.
- Eddie would suck!!!!
- R238 You bumped a 3 months old thread to state you don't believe or don't want to believe a relationship between Tom and Kenneth?
- Thanks for bumping, R238! I've been wondering about Tom as well. He likes playing up the bromance with his Avengers-costars a lot.
Plus does anyone know anything ghey about Misfits-hottie Iwan Rheon?
- Am bumping this old thread to say that Ben Whishaw was completely convincing as a het in The Hour. And yet I don't accept Matt Bomer in anything he does as hetero. Is the difference that one's a much better actor or that I know more about Bomer's personal life?
- that danyl johnson isnt an actor. and he was shagging a welsh model. ben hartley.
but then dated that fat bloke from xfactor i think
- Read through the thread and noticed that Mark Feehily was mentioned. Any current gossip on Mark since his break with Kevin McDaid?
Richard Armitage please!
[quote]who would want to suck Kenneth Branagh's dick?
Quite possibly his Rubenesque wife, who is now styled Lady Branagh.
- All Brit actors that are gay are out. If an actor or even a celebrity in the UK is gay, he/she will be open about it and likewise if they say they are straight they are, there are no closeted celebrities in the UK.
- R120 was really fighting the Graves admission hard, wasn't she?
"...he was so proud to see how endowed he was on the monitor."
- Russell Tovey was superb in the "Hounds of Baskerville" episode of "Sherlock." He has a fetching Cockney accent in the DVD audio commentary.
There's a weird bit in the audio commentary of "The Great Game" in which Gatiss starts, in an exaggerated American gay voice, "Tell us about Rupert Graves, Benedict," and Cumberbatch starts to reply in the same exaggerated voice, like it's a longstanding joke between them. The bisexuality of Graves alluded to above makes this weird bit a little clearer.
According to IMDB Gatiss' husband has a cameo as Moriarty's defense attorney in the "Reichenbach Fall" episode.
All this talk about the homoeroticism of "Sherlock" and no mention of Andrew Scott, the out gay actor who plays Moriarty as though he's madly in love with Sherlock?
Tovey is from Essex, not the East End of London.
- Anyone else think Stephen Fry probably has a huge cock?
- r250, so that's an Essex accent rather than a Cockney? Thanks for the correction.
- r251, he's a big man so I don't see why his cock shouldn't be in proportion.
- This is 252 more replies than "Straight British Actors" would get.
- Here's what purports to be the first chapter of Mark Gatiss' gay romance novel.
- I can't tell if R247 is trying to be sarcastic, or more likely, really is that stupid.
- [quote] All this talk about the homoeroticism of "Sherlock" and no mention of Andrew Scott, the out gay actor who plays Moriarty as though he's madly in love with Sherlock?
Scott is gay and out? I just did a little search and couldn't see anything about that, just some people wondering about his sexuality.
He does play Moriarty as very flirty with Sherlock. Of course the scripts hardly fight that interpretation - his first greeting of "hey, sexy", passing his phone number, bringing up sex frequently in their conversations, etc.
- Andrew Scott belies r247, that's for sure.
- I love Ben Whishaw, R258. Or I would if he'd let me.
- Sorry, I made an assumption based on the phrase "lives with his partner"in Scott's IMDB bio. Usually that's the modern-day equivalent of "confirmed bachelor."
- Andrew Scott has talked about having girlfriends in interviews before, so if he's gay he's not out.
- Andrew Scott pings like a hotel clerk in urgent need of bellhops.
- If he's had lots of girlfriends in the past, it's more likely that he's bisexual and not out.
- Anything on Richard Armitage and Lee Pace supposedly being together? They would make a hot couple!
- So finally Andrew Scott came out! This is from his interview for The Independent
“There isn't a huge amount of footage of Russians speaking English as a second language, so I started looking at Vladimir Putin videos on YouTube. But then Putin introduced anti-gay legislation this summer – so, being a gay person, I switched to Rudolf Nureyev videos instead. It was another Nureyev defection of sorts!”
- [quote]Anything on Richard Armitage and Lee Pace supposedly being together? They would make a hot couple!
If they were fucking they won't announce it to your lame ass.
- What do you think about Colin Morgan? Is he straight or gay? Maybe somebody has info about him?
- Yep, Andrew Scott and Ben Wishaw came out as well.
DL was right, once again.
- Were there any gay actors in the cast of Dracula?
- the Luke Evans Dracula?
- Alan Bates, Alec Guinness