- Ask whoever wrote it.
- He's clearly a black woman.
- Lots of African-Americans have said they sort of see something in his features to suggest some black ancestry. I get what they're saying, because they say it about me, too (not that I look anything like Brad Pitt, just that I look about 10% black like he does).
- Why would he hide it?
- "In what ways does he not look like a Caucasian man?"
I thinks its the two short horns on his forehead, clawed feet, and a prehensile tail with a small, sharp barb at the end.
It's what first attracted Angelina, you know.
- These are typical comments. This time from an identified minority, that attempts to provide inclusiveness. Brad Pitt looks pretty ordinary to me, but to those who find him attractive but completely not looking like themselves, they allude to a "hidden" piece of themselves being within the admired. Every group that feels outside of the mainstream, plays this head game. It is a good thing as it releases frustrations and turns a negative into a neutral or even a positive.
- I smell agenda. Pitt's about as caucasian as it gets.
- I think he looks a little bit black, too. This was discussed before on DL. I think it is the nose and jaw.
- Who is "someone"? OP?
- "I have never seen a Caucasian man who looks like him.
I can't recall seeing any man, of whatever ethnic background, who looks particularly like Brad Pitt, but nonetheless he clearly looks Caucasian to me.
- I know what they are saying, but if you spend time in Scandinavia you see some very white people with features that look a little bit African or Asian in the structural sense (very full lips, broad nose, high set narrow eyes etc).
Genetics is quirky.
- The post comes from Yahoo Answers. The question runs:
Which of these colors best describes Brad Pitt's skin color? What is the basis of your opinion, and which film of his best shows your choice? Olive / Yellow / White / Brown
The answer quoted by OP was selected as the best one. I have no idea why.
- what about this photo?
- Look at Brad's high school pictures and when he first came to Hollywood, can't get much more whitebread than that.
- [quote]Lots of African-Americans have said they sort of see something in his features to suggest some black ancestry.
I've noticed this on various black gossip sites, where blacks always want to try to "claim" someone. It seems that unless you're pale white and have straight blonde hair, a lot of blacks will insist that you're hiding some sort of black ancestry.
It's really bizzare.
- If he was black he would probably be aging better
- It's not that different from trying to claim various celebrities as gay on virtually no evidence.
- I don't care what race he is, but he's sure not aging well.
- R11's post reminds me of the following exchange from the show "Community" where the Southern racist father, Cornelius Hawthorne, of Chevy Chase's character (Pierce) meets Pierce's fellow students:
Cornelius Hawthorne: These are your friends, Pierce? Minorities, Jewesses, and the unseasonably tan?
Britta: That is inappropriate! And maybe you'll give that more weight since I'm white.
Cornelius Hawthorne: You've got a wide brow. What are you, Scandinavian?
Britta: Yeah, Swedish!
Cornelius Hawthorne: (spits) Swedish dogs. Your blood is tainted by generations of race mixing with Laplanders. You're basically Finns.
Shirley: Oh, my goodness, he's like the Abed of racism.
- I believe he's passing. I've never seen a blond haired blue eyed white guy.
- [quote]I don't care what race he is, but he's sure not aging well.
You can say that again. In his early 40's he looked like one of those people who was going to age nicely, but it's like as soon as he got with Angie, everything went to shit.
And why doesn't someone inform him that long hair does not look good on men who are almost 50?
- You stupid bitches.
This is clearly the "womanly butts" troll trying to goad you into talking about Pitt's alleged bubble butt.
- He looks extremely white bread to me. He is however, related to Barrack Obama but on his mother's side.
- something to do with his nose?
- [quote]something to do with his nose?
Yes, nose and lips, if we have to come out and say it.
- R13, what about that photo?
R15, isn't Pitt "pale white" with "straight blonde hair"? Why would blacks "claim" him as having black ancestry given this appearance?
- Brad's mom:
- doesn't the R13 photo look a little multiracial
- [quote]doesn't the [R13] photo look a little multiracial.
No. You're really reaching.
Stop trying to claim everybody is black
- I'm not black, and I don't try to claim everyone is black. But in certain photos, I see where people see it.
- Brad Pitt's brother Doug Pitt is a dead ringer for Zach Braff. Also, Brad has had work done, he used to have a pig nose:
- Do you think Brad and Doug ever jerked off together when they were teenagers?
- That's weird because a saw a hillbilly looking homeless man today who looked like he could be Pitt's older brother. If anything, Pitt seems to resemble some inbred country hick--especially as he ages.
- It's the lips, OP. The lips.
- All I know is that he's a no talent that was given enormous success and role after role for no discernible reason.
- Yes, R34. Especially the bottom one.
- I'm sorta seeing it too....a little. He kind of reminds me of some of the bi-racial, stunningly gorgeous male models who have a very strong jawline, full lips, etc.
- You think he's black from the waist down? *wink wink*
Does BP Have A Monster Cock
- He has a simian quality. Maybe that's what people are seeing.
- r39 you may be a troll but I DARE you to describe someone as "simian" in front of a Black person, like me (I'd beat your White ass to a pulp, piece of Caucasoid shit).
- Brad Pitt looks stereotypically Caucasian. The person who said he doesn't look Caucasian must have been kidding. Look up "Caucasian" in the World Book Encyclopedia and yousee a photo of Brad Pitt.
It has become evident that some of you do not understand what is expected of you on this forum. Please view the message at the link and adjust your behavior accordingly.
- Not so bizarre r15, since a government study done back in the 1950s determined that 5-10% of the so-called white US population had varying degrees of African ancestry. No one is trying to "claim" anyone. We just know these things.
Many mixed-races slaves were able to escape to the North by blending in because of their white-like appearance. And in many cases, "true" blacks helped them to pass by not betraying them. They lived as white people, married, had families, and their bloodlines became absorbed into the mainstream population.
Pitt could also have Native American blood too. Don't rule out anything.
- He could be Reptilian!
- No, R45. That's Angelina.
- No, R38...
- Threads like these are usually posted on Thurs or Fri.
- Most long-term American families have some African ancestry in them.
Not sure if I see it in Brad Pitt, but wouldn't be surprised.
The brother is extremely attractive.
What I want to know is, why does NO ONE ever suggest that Brad is gay? I mean, I certainly don't think he's gay either, but this is DL; we think everyone is gay.
- Yes, let's pretend Brad Pitt is a Black man pretending to be White......LMFAO!!!!
- How about in this picture? Click to enlarge.
- A blond Huntington Beach surfer dude finds out about his ancestors:
First of three parts:
Reporting from the Northern Neck of Virginia
My father's family landed in 1942 Los Angeles as if by immaculate conception, unburdened by any past.
Growing up, I knew all about how my mother's grandparents came to California from southern France and Sweden. But my dad's side was a mystery.
All I heard were a few stories about my grandfather as a youth in Hannibal, Mo., how he found a tarantula in a shipment of bananas at his dad's corner store, how he and a friend once rode motorcycles out west. But no one talked about Mozingos further back, or where they came from.
I might never have given the subject any thought except for a strange word: our name. All my life, people had asked me about it.
- >I've noticed this on various black gossip sites, where blacks always want to try to "claim" someone. It seems that unless you're pale white and have straight blonde hair, a lot of blacks will insist that you're hiding some sort of black ancestry.
>It's really bizzare.
I know, right? Those crazy blacks. You'd never see a gay website with the gays trying to "claim" someone desirable as one of their own, all evidence to the contrary.
- I love r53!
- Hmm, now that you mention it, OP, Brad does bear a striking resemblance to Carol Channing.
- I don't think I've ever noticed how unattractive his nose is.
- Check out this picture of Eartha Kitt, her daughter, and her granddaughter
- [quote]What I want to know is, why does NO ONE ever suggest that Brad is gay?
Did you just arrive here yesterday?
Brad's Landscape Architect
- More racist bullshit.
- Eartha Kitt's daughter is Lisa Kudrow?
- R56, it used to be worse.
- What a desperation thread. Most people look simian but some ethnicities are more simian than others. Some ethnicities look reptilian, more precisely, like turtles, others look very streamlined like a later more developed model, mostly the Chinese and Japanese.
- A nurse I once know told me you could always tell the race of the (male) baby by the color of his genitalia. If it was "dark" the baby was part non white no matter how fair skinned he was.
- Any particular part, R64? That's fascinating, I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Did the nurse say that the same is true throughout the person's life?
- I went to a primarily black school and I can remember people actually had pamphlets passed around the school describing Albert Einstein as black. They had a photo copied, grainy picture of Einstein printed on it and proceeded to point out how his features resembled that of black folks.
I remember thinking was this a joke? But the students and teachers actually took it seriously.
When I brought up the fact that he was European and specifically Austrian my teacher looked at me and blinked and said well they have aborigines. I did a face palm and tried to explain not Australia but it was like talking to a brick wall.
The only thing I can think is there was some sort of agenda that the writers of the pamphlet were trying to point out. That he was secretly black and whitey was trying to keep everyone from knowing it.
- He looks the epitome of Caucasian to me.
- I've heard some think Brad Pitt resembles Djimon Hounsou.
- Brad Pitt's Ancestry is English, Welsh and German
He's about as American WASP as you can get
- His hooded wrinkly eyes are not the hotness. Never found his face or talent beautiful in the least!
- It's because he's Puerto Rican, bitches!
- His nose is rather bovine! Only he could pull that off and be considered sexxy! I dont see it.
- r66 that's because Einstein had black hair or Afro-Jewish hair. I'm Jewish and I have that hair as well. AA's frequently think I'm mixed or have black genees but I don't, I'm also blue eyed and light haired too.
All I can think of is that Jews mixed a lot with other Jews and with Europeans, so that is why we have blonde hair, blue eyes, and the Jewish genes, aka the ones from the Middle East that are African are strong, so many of us have African hair as well.
- It's called a Jewfro. Lots of jew have them but they are not black.
- R66 "I did a face palm and tried to explain not Australia but it was like talking to a brick wall."
I remember going into the office of a professor in college. He had a poster in his office with photos of the great black people in history, among which were Cleopatra. Dubious judgment in including Cleopatra as great aside, I didn't develop respect for him as a professor given this because it showed his lack of respect for facts prominently displayed.
Now back to Brad Pitt....
- Brad Pitt is a brotha. :)
- Funny, I have known several men who look just like him- one an even better version.
- Charlie, I want to live in your neighborhood.
- Brad Pitt is sexy, but his "A River Runs Through It" co-star Craig Sheffer, in his day, was sexier.
- I disagree, R79, but tastes vary.
- It seems that all blacks who have a white ancestor know about it, but whites frequently don't know about their black ancestors.
- R81, that probably because records are not as complete, to say the least, for the African-American population. In addition, in the past, such unions were likely kept under wraps.
- Click to enlarge.
- I think Babe Ruth, and Carol Channing look far more African American to me.
- Isn't Carly Simon part black, too?
- A very interesting story, and I'm sure, not the only one of its kind.
- [quote]Most long-term American families have some African ancestry in them.
Even just by their appearance, many white Americans look different than their cousins in the old countries.
- [quote]It seems that all blacks who have a white ancestor know about it, but whites frequently don't know about their black ancestors.
That's because blacks are PROUD when they get some superior white blood in them!
But who wants to admit to being part Negroid?
- Brad on the W Magazine February cover 2012.
He can get it!!!
- [quote] About Brad Pitt someone wrote
Who is this "someone", OP? And where did they write it?
- Isn't Carly Simon part black, too?
- That someone has never been to Missouri. Brad Pitts are a dime a dozen there. The first thing I thought when he became famous was how much he looked liike all the guys I went to school with.
- R92 she does indeed have a black ancestor.
- r68 he is the first person I thought of, look at r42.
Call me crazy, but that Austin Armocost guy from A List NY is another white guy that looks like he could be part black.
There are a lot of white guys that look like that.
- A good percentage of people on earth descended from Genghis
- Obviously this was written on Stormfront
- These kinds of discussions always remind me of an Oprah episode a few years ago about people (black and white) who had discovered their mixed heritage. Audience members "ooh"ed and "aww"ed and thunderously clapped in affirmation over several guests who discussed discovering their mixed heritage.
Then Oprah asked if any of the audience members thought there might be any chance they themselves had any undiscovered mixed heritage. Not a single person held up their hands.
- Holy shit he looks extremely hot on the new W cover.
- That W cover is hot.
- Brad is the bastard boy of Sen. Strom Thurmond, the late great senator from the Palmetto state. Anybody what can look can see that.
- Anyone think Brad Pitt looks like Benicio Del Toro?
If you google their names, you will see photo comparisons.
- Brad would love to claim that he is part black. I doubt that he would hide it if it were true.
- Brad needs an eye job.
- OP: Check out this video of Brad Pitt from 1988: He's had A LOT of work done on his face, I think you are onto something:
- Good eye, R103.
- The video at R106 looks like a bizarro version of Brad Pitt, but the weird thing is that that is the real Brad Pitt! Yikes.
- Is R47 picture Cut or UC?
- Here is Brad's mom's favorite food:
- Why do you think this dumb no talent has been given an A List career? PS: Angelina used to be just as hideous.
- Brad Pitt is actually a strong black woman.
- He looked like Obama in that clip.
- Leave it to Dennis Hopper to explain these things:
- More internet lunacy.
- The more pot he smokes, as the years pass by, the blacker he becomes.
- It's his package; he's got an African package and I oughta know, he's my bromance.
- what exactly is an "african package" is that like a disease?
- R120, it's a head in a box.
- No fellas I am not Black
But I have had alot of black *cough* cocks in me
- Maybe his great grandma was part black/black
- Maybe people took a closer look at BP becaue of his seeming fondness for black women? Not that a white man dating a black woman is weird, just that BP seemed to have a preference there for a while.
I agree with R104 though, I think of someone like BP knew of his non white heritage he'd talk about it, but who knows.
I don't think it's fair to slap black posters with some kind of unaddressed mental-emotional issue for idle wondering.
- When had BP ever had any affinity to black women that you speak of r125??
A two month fling with Robin Givens in the the mid 90s does not stand the test of time
- BP was linked romantically and photogrpahed with four or five different black women in the 1980s - 1990s. He dated some women, and had "flings" with others.
i'm blanking on names, it was a long time ago
- We all started out black. Before that, we were apes.
- Thandie Newton is another former paramour.
- On a recent Inside the Actor's Studio, he said he is of English, German, Welsh, Irish, Scottish, Seminole, and Cherokee descent.
- I don't know but I had a huge crush on him, the likes of which not seen since I adored Patrick Swayze back in the day. Rob Lowe was decent, but now he seems douchey to me. Them, and Macauley Culkin are the only White guys I've been really into really, really attractive (not that the rest are unattractive..obviously not, just not my type).
- I forgot to say, now the "white" guy from The Wire is clearly some kind of Black/Irish mix if I've ever seen one. If he's not a 1/4 Black, at least, I'll eat my own hand.
- R131, he has a lot more in common with James Lipton than you would think.
- I'm not sure what else he looks like but he does look like an extremely heavy smoker.
- Brad and Robin separated because Mike Tyson threaten to kill him, R28.
- That should be R126.
- The insulted or flatter thread in which the OP's boyfriend said he is "pretty in a trailer park kind of way" made me think of Brad Pitt. Does this apply to Brad Pitt? Is he pretty white trash, and if so, what about his looks makes his look that way?
- Brad Pitt looks like he definitely has african roots. But then again, don't we all? You can't get white from black but you can get black from white so he's just "dilluted". Cute though!
- "Brad Pitt looks like he definitely has african roots."
In what ways, precisely?
- I love how everyone automatically assumed that the comment in question came from a black person. OP never stated.
- R103/R107, see R71.
- Correct, R142, who knows the race of the person who wrote that?
- He reminds me of Abby Dalton, a late '50s early '60s starlet. But then again, Angie Dickenson hid the fact that her father was Asian for decades.
- What about the way he looks makes people he may be multi-racial?
- I am black and in no way does he look like he could have black blood his coloring is just Midwest hick to me still you really never know.
My suspicion is this was started by some pathetic white housewife despondent over his engagement and i find that disturbing..
- To R147, should we listen?
- Dutch artist who looks like a young Brad Pitt.
- From Twatter: "Brad Pitt old ass ages like a black man. When that nigga is clean shaven he looks 10-15 yrs younger"
- Perhaps he was chosen to represent Chanel because of his "exotic" looks?
- As I asked in the Melungeon thread, "Is Brad Pitt a Melungeon?"
- Who in the hell could possibly consider Brad Pitt to be exotic?
- I don't think Pitt is exotic in the least but his looks are not normal white bread. Not only is he more beautiful than 99.99 percent of men and probably women, making him extraordinary, but he also has features in face and body that are unusual for a Midwestern white guy. He has strange, puffy curvy jaw and cheeks, very full lips, childbearing hips, etc.
- "I have never seen a Caucasian man who looks like him."
I've also never seen a man of any race who looks like him.
Perhaps he isn't human.
- I read about Pitt today, "he isn't just white you know."
- A teen Brad Pitt. He's a reject. Evaluate.
- Pitt has stated that his family's ancestry consists of "probably... Irish-Scots-Germans who settled in the area... I know we have some Seminole, and some Cherokee Indian, in us"
His family is entirely from the south. arkansas, louisiana, missouri, tennessee, south carolina.
ancestors appear to be too poor to have owned slaves. If he's got indian in him, it's far back and very diluted.
Cherokee indian rolls are pretty complete. As little as 1/32 Cherokee and your in the records.
- Hideous nostrils.
- Because of where he is from I would not be shocked if he was partially of Melungeon extraction. That is about it.
- My hate goes to r147 for making a racist and classist comment.
- Brad is Cauc.
- "but if you spend time in Scandinavia you see some very white people with features that look a little bit African or Asian in the structural sense (very full lips, broad nose, high set narrow eyes etc)."
I'm sorry guy, but you're a fucking idiot. "African phenotypes in Scandinavia" what the fuck are you smoking? Something tells me you're American that don't know a thing about phenotypes. FYI it is Southern Europe with African admixture that is non existent in Scandinavia. As for your Asian claim, also ridiculous. Asians are NOT the only ones who have almond eyes, this a trait found most in Northern Europe, people who evolved during the Ice age, it has nothing to do with Asians idiot.
- Up for gay marriage supporter, Mr. Pitt.
- Has anyone ever considered that one of Pitt's ancestors could have had an affair with a non-Caucasian and gotten pregnant? Adoptions were kept under the radar at one time, as were other forms of "mixing up of the bloodlines."
- R166, I think that may be the case. How does he look different than other Caucasian men?
- I'm not going to lie, but there is a light skinned black male pornstar, who looks like Brad Pitt.
- Which porn star is that, r168?
- What is Pitt's phenotype?
- Brad Pitt might have a Melungeon ancestor for all anyone should know.
- I've never seen a Caucasian man who looks like him either.
But I've certainly never seen a black, Latino or Asian man who looks like him.
- R172, some people say Benicio Del Toro looks like a l
Latino version of Pitt.
- Jive Pitt.
- But I've seen a blond blue eyed black man and female.
- 590 global searches and 260 U.S. searches a month for "Is Brad Pitt White" on Google.
- It's the drugs.
- He is foiiine!
- "It's the drugs."
What's the drugs?
- He does have plump lips and a somewhat wide and flared nose for a white man. But this is not facial features that are exclusive to black people. White people like Asians and blacks have a variety of facial features.
- Bradi Pitt is part American Indian
- Even though he's part Native American, his features don't look Native American to me. Thoughts?
- You should take this up at Just Jared, like you always do.
- R184, they talk about this at Just Jared? Where, precisely?
- You need to figure out why this is so important to you. Seriously.
- Get help, R187.
- Lots, and I mean lots of people from the Ozarks, including Springfield, Mo. carry Cherokee blood or some other American Indian bloodline. Many of these people aren't associated with a federal tribe, but still have the bloodlines and sometimes keep a few of the beliefs and outlooks of a particular tribal group.
Brad most likely has one or more American Indian bloodlines, making him a mixed blood.
- This is very easily checked by Pitt getting a DNA test. Unless of course that would show that he's bog-standard caucasian.
It's like the way Ms Voight keeps pushing her 'french' descent (Canadian grandfather) in order to look exotique.
- I don't know if Brad Pitt could be anything other than Caucasian, but it does happen that one of my mother's cousins (well mine too, but not genetic as I was adopted) actually looks very much like Pitt and he is half Native Canadian and half Caucasian.
- If one goes back far enough then we all have black ancestry.
- R191, please post pics of him. He must be gorgeous.
- Eh, who cares? I did find some of the stories linked in this thread fascinating. Especially the Mozingo story. It makes me want to trace my ancestry.