- Whatever, OP.
- He looks like Mary Tyler Moore in this pic.
- He's really quite ugly. Especially in these shots.
- He looks almost as gay as Hayden Christensen.
- You can smell the passion in that kiss. Poor kids just didn't realize there was a pack of paparazzi invading their privacy. Leave them alone you beasts.
- Bearding is an art and a science.
- He's not gay, dear; he's just British.
- Is Emma Stone a lesbian? There's been some rumors on here to that effect.
- R7, he pings to high heavens. And have you seen the photos of him all over Robert Pattinson at last year's Golden Globes?
- Many of these candid celebrity photos are always planned out for promotional purposes...especially when an actor is about to release a film.
- He is not ugly, I would date him in a heartbeat.
- For R7:
- Tom, Andrew & Rob:
- Tom is cute, OMG!
- I find him cute in a geek sort of way.
- Michael K said he looked like a first grader on his way to school and now I can't unsee it.
- R13, All three of those guys I find sometimes look gorgeous and sometimes look horrible. I wonder if it is the same couple people constantly linking those few pictures of them together.
- He is not British, he was born in the USA and just lived in England...and yes Andrew Garfield is Gay and hiding it from the females.
- I think he may actually be straight or bi. I think he was actually dating Shannon Woodward.
- R19, the spin we are getting on DL seems to be that Andrew, Tom & Rob are all bi.
- R18 that's just being pedantic. Where you were raised is what counts, not where you were born.
That's like saying Saoirse Ronan is American or Joel McHale is Italian. Not really.
Nonetheless, it's what the person identifies as that's important.
- R19, I'm not one of those people who believe everyone is gay, but the first time I saw Shannon Woodward, she both pinged and ponged.
- Yes, Shannon Woodward is very butch.
- Yeah, Andrew legitimately dated Shannon for a long time. Who knows, maybe they'll even get back together. But something still seems really...interesting (?) about him. My personal take is that closet-y issues are involved, even if not the central issue. And I don't think he looks particularly well, aside from his smiles.
As for Emma, to me she has that demeanor of, "Look! My first way-hot relationship!" If they're truly into each other, I can see why it happened. But...more weirdness awaits.
- The dude is straight. Good for him.
- It looks bad for Andrew if he can't convince the fangirls he is a heterosexual. That is still his most important acting gig. His Spiderman contract was signed on this condition.
- Aside from the rather awkward kiss, they make a very cute couple.
- if it were me, I'd play straight all the way to the bank and then retire and get a boy friend and marry him and live happily ever after with all the money.
- Emma seems a bit butch.
- R25 sounds like a fangirl
- Yeah his 'ex' is looking kind of butch in this photo.
- Emma Stone isn't fooling anyone either.
I love that interview with Chelsea Handler she had, where Chelsea straight up asked her if she had a girlfriend/was a lesbian when she brushed off the boyfriend question.
Emma responded with a sarcastic 'there you go, there you go'. Maybe there was some truth in that jest.
- Forgive me for that spectacular fail.
- It's only that one photo where his ex-girlfriend is dressed boyishly. She's not butch at all, just kind of a hipster. She's also quite sweet for an actress (as is Emma), thus they would both be nurturing and non-threatening dating choices.
So nonetheless, that doesn't keep me from questioning what's up with Andrew. But I don't think it necessarily means that he's realized at least how gay he seems (yet).
- R21, you should look up the word pedantic. It applies to you as much as it does R18.
Under U.S. law - you know, that little thing called the Constitution - if Garfield was born in the U.S., he was a U.S. citizen at birth. If he did not give it up, he may in fact be an American. And his father was an American, giving him a second ground to citizenship, were he not born in the U.S.
And to claim that "where you were raised" is what defines you is just as absurd. I was born in Sweden and returned there, with one Swedish parent, just as Garfield has one English parent.
He could consider himself both American and British, since that's his parentage. He's in Hollywood now, working in the U.S.
Who are you to say he doesn't consider himself American?
- These two look SO in love!
R. Pattinson & K. Stewart
- Why do we care? Do you pretend your str8? Who cares. I aint fuckin him.
- The ex-girlfriend pings to high heaven.
- so does the sound of your feet walking r38. It's not from God.
- He doesn't ping at all, and why would any gay man want him?
- Andrew is quite obviously Gay. Some actors can fake it better....all male actors can fake it for the females. They still think Clay Aiken is straight.
- His relationship with Woodward was legit. And she's not a lesbian nor does she ping in person. Maybe a little eccentric because she's BFFs with Katy Perry. But I'm not sure about this Emma Stone thing- something seems really off.
- Andrew Garfield has never had sex with a female.
His relationship with Woodward was legitimate studio bearding. No she is not a lesbian, just one of many female actresses looking to be linked to a closeted male actor, of greater fame, for promotional reasons. It is the most common way female actresses get into the business - see Katie Holmes and Rene Zellweger.
- [quote]But I'm not sure about this Emma Stone thing- something seems really off.
Probably because they are obviously trying to sell a movie.
- What a stuck up twat you are, R35. Pedantic? You bring new meaning to the word.
To anyone WITH A BRAIN, where you were brought up and lived for the majority of your formative years as opposed to a couple of years as a baby, kind of means something. “He JUST lived there” – yes, just a minor detail that’s not important in a person’s development at all!
Do people call Nicole Kidman American cause she was born in Hawaii? And yes, I’m perfectly aware he had American parents, and oh my god dual citizenship? I never heard of that! What about the many people in the UK with Irish parents? Many seem to think they're British.
And heaven forbid I go against anything in the constitution of the almighty US of A. Good grief. Even by American standards of being so precise about ethnicity this takes the biscuit. And I’d like to know where I said he doesn’t consider himself American? Having a little reading comprehension trouble are we.
The previous poster implied cause he was born there that made him wholly American, are you his Wikipedia page editor or something? Cause on that it says he’s both. Like I said, I think he should decide what he is.
- [italic]His relationship with Woodward was legitimate studio bearding[/italic]
Gramps, this isn't the 1950s were "studios" owned actors. There's no "studio" behind anything, elder-gay.
Garfield isn't gay.
- The teenage girls today are just as naive as any day in the past.
Andrew Garfield is a closeted homosexual.
- This thread and the salivating over him, is why they hate us. who care, you aint fuckin him. Or bearding him. Or anything, Why do you care?
- R43, I do believe that studio bearding exists, and also that Andrew is very likely gay. I even agree that it's weird- Shannon has been in the business professionally for nearly 15 years longer than Andrew. Their 3-year thing wasn't really talked about until they broke up. But I doubt that would require 3 years of bearding/prep for these two.
The main thing is that there are are enough candid photos and info discovered by random hackers of Katy Perry & friends' private photos to convince me. But if she was a beard (which I personally don't think she was), wow. Those are some pretty mind-blowing lengths, even for Hollywood.
It doesn't really matter, because I think Andrew's gay. Consciously or not.
- Because this is a gay gossip board, R48. And this is gossip.
If you don't care, why are you posting?
- r50, because the sense of gay entitlement is so fuckin annoying. Because your sooo head to toe gay, you just know the in's and outs of others gayness, and you just know for a fact that HE IS. I don't care if he is or isn't. Or if people post concerning such things. It's just the smug knowitallness is sooo fuckin irritating. It's like there's rich people entitlement, and Gay entitlement. So irritating.
- [quote]I even agree that it's weird- Shannon has been in the business professionally for nearly 15 years longer than Andrew. Their 3-year thing wasn't really talked about until they broke up. But I doubt that would require 3 years of bearding/prep for these two
I agree. He was a nobody when he was with Shannon. Would he need to beard up when nobody knew who he was? May be the relationship was legit.
That said, he pings my gayder very hard. Look how swishy and flamboyant he looks in that picture of him, Pattinson and Tom Sturridge. And obviously awkward and uncomfortable with Stone. Did anybody see their interaction when Emma hosted SNL? These two are so tepid and awkward. Sony must be freaking out about their chemistry in Spiderman and hedging their bets that a showmance can save matters.
- Fuck off straight fangirl at R51. Frankly, hon, you seem far more emotionally invested than anyone else on this thread.
And what you call Gay Entitlement is simply knowing one when you see one - aka gaydar.
- If Andrews agency can't trick the fangirls into thinking he is straight, why is he paying them so much?
- R46 is naive, to say the least.
- Emma is seriously BFF with Taylor Swuft, who's "saving herself" for the right man, who was traumatized when Jon Mayer tried to play stinky fingers with her. Emma and Andrew kiss and cuddle for the camera, but her pact with Taylor is still strong!
- Andrew Garfield tonguing his boyfriends ear...link
- Andrew certainly likes Robert.
- It's funny everone's concentrating on Garfield when Stone pings so much louder!
It has become evident that some of you do not understand what is expected of you on this forum. Please view the message at the link and adjust your behavior accordingly.
- He's British so I never would have stopped to think he might be gay had it not been for his participation in such an obvious PR showmance - if anything Emma Stone strikes me as the Jake G in this fake relationship
- R61, what does being British have to do with anything? British straight guys do not ping constantly like Garfield does.
- r62, I am American. I have no gaydar for cultures further-flung than Anglophone Canada.
- The fangirls seem to think they are authentic and "cute." So mission accomplished!
- The females already think Andrew is a heterosexual. You are never going to convince the Gay community he is because of Gaydar.
Keep up the scam for the simple minded female fans, but realize that the Gay community can easily tell Andrew Garfield is Gay.
- [quote]The fangirls seem to think they are authentic and "cute." So mission accomplished!
Yeah, from what I've seen online the majority of the fanbase completely buys his relationship with Emma Stone. Which is funny because even if he is straight I still think that is such an obvious PR showmance, but whatever.
- [quote]It's funny everone's concentrating on Garfield when Stone pings so much louder!
I wouldn't say louder, but she definitely pings.
- Andrew is so horribly unattractive.
- I think Andrew is nerdy cute, but maybe too femme for many guys on DL. He is a celerity now, so none of this matters. Fame will get him laid in Gay world until the day he drops dead. Gays are attracted to fame beyond even money.
- Emma and Andrew are so very awkward together.
- Andrew Garfield is a British, Jewish, nerdy hipster actor... Even if he were straight as could be he would probably ping to a lot of people.
Outside of that my opinion on the matter is that Emma and Andrew do look awkward together. Emma Stone pings more than he does. And the relationship with Shannon Woodward looks legit.
- His neck is so long and his head is so big and pointy. So very weird looking.
- Exhibit A.
- Emma's relationship with Kieran Culkin looked legit as well.
I think they would have been forced to do this showmance anyway, whatever their orientation might be.
- [quote]And the relationship with Shannon Woodward looks legit.
That poses the question of whether he was forced to dump Woodward to showmance with Stone. Because as soon as that break up was announced (to US Weekly, no less) he was pictured with Stone. Or maybe the Woodward relationship was over anyway. But if it's the former, that's cold.
- Next stop: Renee Zellweger
- Dear Gays, Calm Down! I am now the Life time member of the Club -Never Gonna turn Gay!
YO all think Wenty/Rob P/Jake are GAY !!! Come on please LEAVE US ALONE WE ARE DAMN STRAIGHT!!
- R76 dingdingding
[quote]Rumours are rife the English action star took his chance to snare co-star Emma Stone after she split up with Kieran Culkin, her boyfriend since last year.
[quote]It is very much of life imitating art, as she plays his girlfriend Gwen Stacy in upcoming flick The Amazing Spider-Man, which reboots the hit comic book franchise.
[quote]However the pair have been trying to keep their romance under wraps, as Garfield, 27, only split up from his girlfriend of three years Shannon Woodward last month.
[quote]The Social Network star seemingly decided to end the relationship as he was too busy with work commitments.
[quote]A source told America's Us Weekly: ‘They got close during filming and have been hooking up.’
[quote]Suspicions were raised due to the sizzling chemistry between the new sweethearts at the MTV Movie Awards earlier this month.
[quote]They flirted throughout the ceremony, despite the fact he was sitting behind her.
No wonder Andrew looks disgusted with himself.
- Shannon Woodward is butch as hell.
- Andrew Garfield sure loved getting his hands all over Robert Pattinson at the Golden Globes last year.
- how awkward was the teen choice awards.?andrew just looked like he really didn't wanna be there and emma looked stoned as usual.
- I know they get a lot of flack on here, but I kinda feel for the younger guys in Hollywood that are closeted.
I know to some, it's as easy as just coming out, but we should all know that isn't the case. No doubt many of us struggled until finally becoming comfortable with ourselves.
Unfortunately for them, they're surrounded by people who would only make them feel more pressure to remain closeted, and don't get that chance to just grow on their own, and separate themselves from non-supportive people.
- I get the feeling Andrew is a hand puppet.
- Is it true he and emma had a violent row.?i read this on the broadway thread.
- R83 Andrew isn't exactly a spring chicken anymore. If the US draft were still in effect, Andrew would now be too old to draft. So maybe Andrew is just not the brightest bulb on the tree, that is more believable.
- Andrew is almost 30 years old. I guess people still think he's young since he's primarily still playing teenagers.
- Why are some so certain Andrew Garfield is gay?
- oh, r88, you're new to DL, aren't you?
- Because Andrew Garfield only has sex with other guys R88. That is what non-Republicans call Gay.
- Did American audiences get a chance to see him in the "Red Riding Trilogy"? He was memorable in that.
- He was very good in Never Let Me Go. However, I think he's a character actor. Not sure why Hollywood is pushing him as a movie star because I just don't see it.
- [quote]However, I think he's a character actor. Not sure why Hollywood is pushing him as a movie star because I just don't see it.
And also pairing him with hot chicks who are way out of his league. I don't know, but you could also ask Jonah Hill, Shia Labeouf, Emile Hirsch, Seth Rogen and Jason Segel the same thing.
- Who cares OP? He's about as pretty as John McEnroe's dog.
- R93 you gotta be kidding me.these leading ladies are out of his league.
- How so, R95?
- So, does anybody believe Andrew and Emma are really dating?
- Yes, R97. Some of the fangirls.
- R96 because andrew is a very good looking guy who could have anyone,and these hot chicks are not THAT special.
- The same fangirls who believe Justin Bieber is the greatest musical genius in all history.
- What exactly has he done that makes him seem gay? What's the gossip?
And why would a sucessful actress waste her time bearding for him? What's in it for her?
- They are in the same movie together, R101. Sony is hoping to relaunch the Spider-Man franchise and it's expected to be one of the biggest tentpoles of the year. Andrew plays Spider-Man and Stone is his love interest, Gwen Stacy. That seems enough of an incentive.
- Emma Stone is dating him for publicity (maybe it's even part of her contract) whether he is gay or not, R101. This is not "wasting her time", this is being focused on her career. Wasting your time is dating some C-lister you are in love with.
- So every time two actors date each other they're solely doing it for publicity R103?
This thread is remarkably lacking in any actual innuendo or things to suggest that he is gay. Who is he rumoured to have been with and why?
- R104, he pings to high heavens. Have you seen the photos of him climbing all over Robert Pattinson at the Golden Globes a couple years ago?
And he has gay voice.
- My bet is on bi, and he needed to find another co-star to date because Jesse Eisenberg is already taken.
- Not every time R104, but sometimes, for example this time. You can see that they fake it.
BTW the likelihood of a showmance goes up, when the actors are a romantic couple in the movie/show and are young up and comers(or hopeful to be). Examples: Rob and Kristen, Blake Lively and her gay bf on Gossip Girl, ANDREW/EMMA.
- Andrew Garfield has never had sex with a female.
I'm sure when the tabloids out him one day, he will claim to be "Bi", that seems to be the spin publicists try first.
- I agree, R107. And that seems to have become one of THE biggest marketing tools of movies in recent years.
Several decades ago I don't remember actors, studios, magazines etc. trying to imply that every movie couple was a couple in real life. Why has this trend developed?
No one ever cared whether actors of previous generations were together off screen or tried to pretend they were. Did anyone try to market Katharine Hepburn & Peter O'Toole as a real-life couple when they did "The Lion in Winter"?
- I thought British always claimed they are HONEST and OPEN !!! So what the Hell is going on with Andrew Garfield, Rob P,Luke Evans and Matthew Rhys !!!
- Well I don't follow Andrew and Emma so I don't know what it is about them that is so off R107. I just think it's silly to scream PR just because two people are also a couple on-screen. Co-stars date each other all the time without anyone questioning it, yet as soon as these co-stars are the romantic draw of a movie/tv show it MUST be fake? Why?
And I'm still waiting to hear what the actual gossip about him is. "Gay voice" and "pinging" doesn't count.
- Andrew Garfield was born in Los Angeles, CA. He is an American citizen. He moved to England with his parents later in life.
Let us stick to the facts here R110.
- There is just something very fake about them, including their awkward attempts at PDA in front of the paps.
Same thing with Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds.
I also think the Internet has increased the public's appetite for celebrity culture, 'candid' pap pictures and celebrity romances. People want to read about real life soap operas. Showmances are used to leverage and raise an actor's profile as well as a marketing tool for a movie.
Sites like JustJared exist for this reason.
- R112, if we want to stick to the facts, we should start with the fact that Andrew Garfield was born in New York.
- Jesse recently attended Andrew's performance in Death of a Salesman. It's nice they've kept in touch.
- They are both Jewish, R115 - so they may be part of the same social circle.
- Andrew Garfield's mother is British and he moved to England when he was 3 and has a British accent, so I wouldn't consider him American just because he was born in the U.S.
- R114 steps in it again.
"Date of Birth
20 August 1983, Los Angeles, California, USA
Andrew Russell Garfield"
- Yes, I made a mistake about New York it seems. I was thinking of another actor. The rest of what I posted above is correct though.
- R116, I think it may have more to do with them working together on The Social Network than them being Jewish. In other words: everything to do with them being co-stars and nothing to do with them being Jewish.
- Closet cases don't have to be in the same social circle as their beards. Females willing to play girlfriends to closeted homosexual actors, are a dime a dozen.
- Andrew & Emma remind me of Robert & Kristen and Hayden & Rachel - forced public affection:
- and here
- I think Andrew seems more comfortable with men. Here he is with Robert P and Tom S:
- Meanwhile this is Andrew with Emma:
- Andrew & Emma:
- Andrew & Emma
- Contrast with Andrew & Jesse E:
- Andrew with Garrett Hedlund:
- Andrew & Emma:
- Meanwhile, Robert Pattinson gets Andrew very excited:
- Andrew & Rob
- He can't keep his hands off Rob
- Squeezing Rob tight
- His arm's favorite place is around Robert Pattinson:
- Andrew and Jesse sharing secrets.
- Andrew needs a Josh Hartnett style haircut.
- Andrew needs to hire a new publicist. His public cred with Emma is 0. Even straight females on live journal are now questioning his sexuality.
- What are they saying, R139?
- Was that a Dexy's Midnight Runners costume party, r125?
- R139, ONTD?
R140, The last person to post about them gave a summary of how the comments tend to go:
[quote]UNNECESSARY REBOOT, HIS HEAD IS TOO SMALL, NECK TOO LONG, I DON'T LIKE EMMA BLONDE, I DON'T LIKE HER MOUTH/LISP, FAKE RELATIONSHIP, EAT A CHEESEBURGER, GAY, TEAM SHANNON, I WONDER HOW LONG THEY'LL LAST, ETC!!!!
- I see the fangirls have found us and want solid facts that their beloved "starfield" is real.get real girls and take the rose tinted glasses off,both andrew and emma ping the gaydar to high heaven,andrew always looks so much happier draped over men than the forced pda with emma,and they are lovers in a up and coming franchise.the "romance"will be written in the contract.
- People actually refer to them as "Starfield?"
- 12 year old girls do what ever TV tells them R144.
Don't think they came up with the term themselves. They are like little memory sticks, empty until something is downloaded.
- Don't you think Andrew pings to high heavens at R125?
- He looks like Beavis and Butthead rolled together.
- That's way more pictures of Andrew Garfield than I ever needed.
- Gay face?
- So.... it is about time for a Gay Spiderman.
- R50 yes i think it's high time for a gay superhero,kids need a positive role model and who better than a superhero.
- It's interesting that both the new Spiderman and the new Superman are gay.
- He's pasty and fugly. Poor girl signed a contract promising to kiss that thing in public for how long???
- Chung Ho pretends he straight when he live in the North Korea. Koreans do not have the gays and are very much afraid of getting the AIDS. So they strike out at the gays.
Chung Ho go to China then America and stay and learn to be gay but we all look the same to Americans so Chung Ho have not to worry
- Andrew Garfield is ugly like a sin, yuck.
- R154 what the fuck.??
- I don't think Andrew Garfield is ugly, but he needs butt implants (So does Matt Damon).
- Why would Damon need butt implants? Garfield is the one with a flat butt.
- [quote]He is not British, he was born in the USA and just lived in England
Oh good, that means he's cut. Thank god.
- In interviews he said he considers himself British & American.
And don't start up the circumcision debate, R159
- His Parents are British, so that is why. Much like many Italians, born in the USA, still consider themselves Italian.
- And Brits don't cut their kids just because they are born in the US, usually.
Sorry R160, but it's true.
- Except that he's Jewish-British, which means that he might be cut.
- All jewish boys are circumcised it is against jewish law if they aren't,they will not get a name and will not be part of the religion if they don't.
- No they're not all circumcised, R164 - it's only in America and Israel where it is almost universal. In Europe and Scandinavia the statistics show that about half of them are not.
And there are an increasing number of Jews, including in America, who are against it.
- Andrew is not Jewish-British. He is Jewish- American BORN AND BRED, who briefly lived in England with his parents.
- He must have lived there more than briefly - he has a British accent.
- Madonna has a "British Accent".
- Can we please get back to talking about how gay andrew is instead of which nationality he is.
- Andrew himself has said he is both American & British.
- Andrew has said himself he is heterosexual.....so... not a great track record of believability here.
- Not a good argument, R171. You do realize what false equivalency is right?
If someone who has lived in both America and Britain and is a dual citizen says he feels he is both, that is his personal belief about how he feels and is backed up by evidence.
Clearly actors who have a reason to lie about their sexuality are not going to be honest and open about the same point.
- Someone in the Emma Stone thread on L Chat says they know Andrew Garfield socially and that he's not gay. Apparently, he used to occasionally get referred to as "the straight version of Ben Wishaw."
- Uh-huh, R173.
- What does knowing him 'socially' mean, exactly?
I go back and forth on Garfield. He pings to high heaven but according to some his relationship with Shannon Woodward was legit. Of course I don't buy this "Starfield" nonsense for a second.
And what's going on with Emma Stone? Is she a lesbian?
- Has anyone explained why Andrew loves to crawl all over Robert Pattinson so much? He could barely keep his hands off him at the Golden Globes last year:
- You already posted those pictures in this thread, R176. We all saw them the first time.
- There's nothing wrong with reposting one on this page for those who didn't read the rest of the thread. It relates to the most recent posts.
- It's not like the thread has 500 posts. I think we got it, R178. No need to keep on reposting the same links.
- Pretty sure Garfield is straight, OP.
- [quote]So.... it is about time for a Gay Spiderman.
We already had one.
- I'm sick of hall monitors like you, R179
- Repeatedly posting the same links in one short thread is a sign of OCD or mental illness or something. Get some fresh air, R182.
- Take your meds, R183
- I have heard rumours about garfield and eisenberg hooking up on the set of the social network,but does anyone have any insider information.??
- They fucked around but it was just a friendly hook up,no great romance.
- Nice idea, R186, but the evidence so far seems to be Eisenberg is straight.
- I never said he wasn't R187. Human sexuality is not written in stone. Everyone,gay or straight,experiments and if they say otherwise they're lying.
- R188, "everyone" does not experiment. As a basic lesson in Philosophy and Logic 101 will tell you, the moment you say "everyone" does something, you are already losing the argument.
It's lying to say otherwise.
- Not everyone even has sex with another person ever. What the hell are you on about, R188?
So where is that Garfiel/Eisenberg gossip coming from? Any details?
- R190, slash tin-hatters.
- Andrew Garfield is much, much prettier than Jesse Eisenburg. He must have self confidence issues if they messed around or be really, really slutty.
- I think they are about equal on the fug meter.
- I think Jesse is growing out of his awkward phase. He's looking pretty good here.
- That is a great picture of Jesse, r194. But somehow I don't find Jesse "sexy", only "adorable".
- Jesse looks like a hobbit.
- Jesse is looking rather sexy lately,i think he has new stylist.
- He looks like a lesbian who needs to shave.
- Andrew has that sexy, British hanky up the sleeves thing going on - so sweet and prissy. Jesse is too butch.
- Why does Andrew seem more comfortable around men?
- R200 Because he's gay and prefers the company of men.
- Both Andrew and Emma seem so gay to me. I can't buy them together.
- Andrew will come out when his agency tells him it is OK. He is a very obedient robot type personality. Unfortunately this shows up in his bland acting performances. Much like the Master of Robot acting: Tom Cruise.
- I agree with R203 andrew is owned by his agent and just goes along with their instructions.
- I think Spider-Man is going to flop.
- You might be right, R205. Or it may not flop, but I don't think it will do as well as the Toby MaGuire movies.
There was no need for another Spiderman so soon.
- sony have invested so much into this reboot they will try everything to make this a success,but sadly i think it will flop which is sad because andrew is such a good actor.
- R207 I think your're right.
- When Bearding 101 fails, enter Bearding 102, which means "Turkey Baster Baby" or the "Fictitious Baby" lost in "tragic life changing trauma".... (see Prince or Keanu Reeves for details).
In any event, it should be interesting how they spin things if(when) the movie flops.
- If Andrew is such a good actor, you should hope this shit flops and he will move on to more interesting projects that a million sequels of the least necessary superhero reboot ever.
- Having a big, expensive flop on your resume is never good for any actor.
- Mike Nichols says in 'Playbill' that Andrew has 'enormous emotional equipment', so that should work out well for him.
- Yeah,if Spiderman flops I'm sure Andrew can rely on his enormous equipment.
- That sounds like something you need to take a lot of Prozac for R212.
- I'm sure a lot of actors are on medication.
- Saw Andrew and Emma on restaurant row canoodling each other Saturday night.
- R216 any pictures.?
- I hope you're using 'canoodling' ironically.
- Nope. I actually felt embarrassed to look at them - they were literally sucking each other's faces. I made eye contact , and he gave me that "you recognized me" look.
- I don't believe these celebrity couple photos. They are mostly (but not all) publicity stunts to promote films or hide an actor's sexuality.
I always got a gay/bisexual vibe from Andrew Garfield.
- R219 i'm sure it was all for the benefit of the paparazzi,not long until the movie comes out.
- R219, you should have licked your lips and mouthed the word yum just to see if he'd take the bait.
- They looked pretty serious!
he is cute in "real life" though.
- R19 actors just acting.
- Sounds like they are trying too hard
- I know, r225!
- I thought Andrew was brilliant in "The Social Network"...even my little niece thought he was bi.
- R225 and R226 i agree.how long do you think the showmance will last.??
- His ex-girlfriend/beard/whatever, Shannon Woodward, is a real dog. Very ugly. She's on Raising Hope and is currently Katy Perry's BFF/ugly sidekick.
You can see her in the background here as Katy humps her newest boyfriend at Coachella. She's the nasty thing in the see-through top and cig, enviously looking on as Katy gets some play.
- We've seldom seen a couple so in love!
R. Pattinson & K. Stewart
- Yikes, R229. Her butchness came through the screen and punched me in the face.
- Is that her with the cigarette?
- Yes it is
- She's like an uglier version of Kristen Stewart.
- Why does she smoke? That's gross.
is Andrew a smoker? I'm assuming not since it could damage his Spiderman physique.
- Most actors are smokers.
- She's actually pretty on Raising Hope...but yeah, that's not the most flattering picture.
- Even dolled up she's pretty plain and mousy by Hollywood standards. I can see why his agents told him to dump her for a bigger, prettier star like Emma Stone (who is of course his co-star in a multi-million dollar tentpole franchise).
For an up and comer like Garfield, dumping the old, boring, unknown girlfriend is a no brainer.
- we really are trying so hard to promote this showmance,emma was seen carrying his nephew into the theatre.the moronic fangirls might eat this up like dessert but any adult with fully functioning eyes can see this all fake and desperate pr.
- I've heard the tracking for Spider-Man is not very good.
- I wonder if Andrews agency sets him up with ugly women intentionally, to add believability to the bearding arrangement?
- Studios have been arranging beards for generations, so they have a lot of experience doing it.
- What does tracking mean.??
- R243, it basically means the way in which studios monitor the amount of attention & traffic a film is getting prior to its release in order to judge what type of returns they can expect at the box office.
- Thank you R244 can i ask you about your thoughts on this showmance.??
- A tony nomination is a great way to convince everyone you're straight.
- It certainly is sooo hetro. just like that beautiful relationship he has with emma.lol
- Who cares!!!
- Spider-Man looks so utterly lame, which I guess explains why there's been 'candid' shots of 'Starfield' almost everyday.
- We're in 2012.
It's time to move on from Spiderman.
- Forget Tobey Maguire, Spider-Man is getting a major overhaul and brand new beginning with Andrew Garfield.
- R251's post is brought to you by Sony's marketing department.
- flogging a dead horse comes to mind,no wonder they're forcing this showmance so much.!!
- It's two weeks until the movie is released how long do you think the showmance will last after that.??
- Starfield? Really? REALLY?
- Would it be so awful to make Spider-man attractive for once? Both of those guys are so blah and unattractive to me. Why can't Peter Parker be a hottie?
They should have cast Donald Glover when they had the chance. At least he's different.
- Andrew Garfield probably wishes he could bring a nice Jewish boy like Jesse Eisenberg to the Premiere.
- How is he "pretending?"
- Have you not seen the photos of Andrew in public trying to make out with Emma Stone for the cameras, R259?
- R260 You don't know for a fact if he's gay or straight so don't pretend you do. He's not like an AC who we know is gay and who he dates and people have said he is.
- No, we don't know 100%, R261.
But what we do know is that based on his statements above, he is practically in love with Jesse Eisenberg. On top of that, he climbed all over Robert Pattinson at the Golden Globes a couple years ago, and pings to high heavens on a regular basis.
So it's beginning to point in a certain direction . . .
- Peter Parker is supposed to be a meek little geek, no? Both those guys are geeky cute in my opinion, and the general public's opinion. The casting is the one thing you really can't complain about.
- It's funny. I remember the uproar here when Garfield was announced for Spiderman. Lots of bitchy comments about his looks. But now he's famous, he's suddenly attractive and HAS to be gay.
- he is straight. get over it.
- R265-Sexually frustrated Emma Stone
- I don't believe in their relationship for one second.
I don't know if he's gay or not, and don't care, but Andrew and Emma... it's all PR, and I'm getting sick of seeing m/f film leads 'dating' for PR. Only fools believe in this crap.
- I don't buy Andrew's relationship with Emma as real. I do believe it's a PR stunt for Spider-Man. As soon as the movie is over, they will be over. It's quite obvious that Andrew is gay or bisexual.
- Remember, this is a franchise. I doubt they'll break up after the first film if sequels are greenlighted.
- [quote]Remember, this is a franchise. I doubt they'll break up after the first film if sequels are greenlighted
Yeah, just ask Pattison and Stewart.
- The spiderman press conferences and photo calls make me cringe,he is obviously not interested and she's just a famewhore wanting all of the attention.
- [quote][R265]-Sexually frustrated Emma Stone
I don't know about that. She pings more than he does.
- Spidey Promo is almost over... he can dump the beard now.
- They both ping hard. Mutual bearding going on here and despite being good actors they are horribly unconvincing together, not quite as bad as Pattinson and Stewart, but still.
- Aren't co-stars embarrassed to be a couple these days? Doesn't everyone know about showmances by now?
- R275, more people are aware of showmances now (as you can tell by reading the comment sections in some of the above links), but enough fangirls are still fooled by them that the studios think they are worthwhile.
- What I would give to have Andrew for one night.
- R277 = Jesse Eisenberg ?
- R278 oh i'm sure jesse has had andrew for more than one night.
- He has that big dick look to him. He is, however, ugly like most straight men.
- Straight, R280?
- Useful word for the bearding season PR/promo 'romance': promance, or PRomance for emphasis.
- R277 = Emma Stone
Keep tryin', hun!
- I saw Garfield a few time in NYC when he was on Broadway in "Death of A Salesman." He is far less attractive without make up and fancy clothes. In fact, a friend pointed him out the first time; I would not have looked twice otherwise.
- Andrew definitely has an awkward look about him. He's not handsome at all.
- I love these 'candid' celebrity couple photos where they're out holding hands or kissing it up. You hardly see actual couples act like they're in some Nora Ephron movie when they're out in public, yet celebrities are always putting on a show. It reminds me of those dopey Jake/Taylor 'candids' where she was 'candidly' photographed walking with Maggie or someone as well. Or was it Maggie and Peter? Whatever the case, when you say the second photo, you knew the Jake/Taylor shots were completely faked.
- As I see it, the problem, generally, is that the film industry "invests" a lot in an actor and they get so far out on a limb, they can't come out. It would impact more than just their own lives which would be ruined, professionally.
Let's say Ryan Gosling came out as gay. (I wish!) think about all the actresses who had "long-term" relationships with him. They'd look really bad, and they'd expose the ugly underbelly of the bearding practice.
Maybe Gosling is a bad example, but I'm sure we have loads of actors we can think of who beard, and even if they wanted to come out, they couldn't because it would affect someone else who is considered important.
Right now Emma Stone is the "go to" girl. She's a hot commodity. The huge investment in Garfield for Spidey is matched by ther popularity, too. There's no way the powers that be would allow that. They'd rather see him get hit by a car. Then they can do a retrospective.
I think bearding is wrong, and I definitely do not condone it, but I can see why once it starts, if an actor is successful the Suits won't allow it to stop.
That's why I applaud guys who come out early rather than late. It's risky either way but much worse if you've allowed yourself to go out on that limb.
- Garfield is a public schoolboy... And most - if not all - public schoolboys give off that gay vibe. Even the straight ones tend to be over-familiar and ridiculously touchy-feely with one another.
Brit, from a family of chinless prats
- R288, speaking as a non-Brit, that is the only group of Brits where I see "not gay just British" as a thing.
- How is Emma a hot commodity, R287? Most people have never heard of her.
- Even my mom has heard of Emma Stone. Between Crazy, Stupid, Love and The Help, you have the frau audience all tied up, Easy A was a hit with teen girls and boys are interested because she's hot and she's going to be in Spider-Man.
I don't know what rock R290 lives under.
- R291, Emma Stone is not a household name. She's only known to those who keep up very closely with the movies. Not everyone knows every B-list actor like you do.
- Are you old R292? Emma was in two big hits last year, and The Help made $169 million. She's hosted SNL, she's on the cover of Vogue this month and she's headlining the reboot of Spider-Man. Most people, who don't live in their basement, have heard of her.
Again, if my 65 year old mom knows who Emma Stone is (and she doesn't pay attention to pop culture) it means Emma is pretty well known.
- Well, at least he's not pretending he's cute.
His face is absolutely jacked.
- No, R293, it does not. Your mom is not a barometer for the country. Most people have not heard of Emma Stone. I've heard of her, but only because I follow movies closely. She is not as famous as Angelina Jolie or Meryl Streep or any number of other actresses I could name.
- R295, I don't even know how you can say that 'most people have never heard of Emma Stone,' Have you taken a poll? Like the poster said above, she's a Hollywood IT girl and a hot commodity. Why are you arguing this point? You are a pedantic blowhard.
Get out more.
- I dont know who Emma Stone is either. I've read her name mostly here but I have no clue on how she looks like.
- R291/R293/R297 has issues.
Not only does he fail to realize that Emma Stone is not a major player in Hollywood, nor is she a household name (it was Viola Davis who got the Oscar nomination for "The Help"), but he seems to think that if we disagree with some PR puffery above, we are the ones who are out to lunch.
He takes Emma Stone way too seriously and seems to think he has to defend her honor. She's a B-list actress - she's not the next Meryl Streep.
- R298, your arguments are ridiculous. Nobody said she's the next Meryl Streep so you can drop the bullshit. Among young actresses she's a very hot commodity, which apparently what you originally objected to. I can imagine you are a very cranky eldergay. Emma Stone isn't 65 so why is she being compared to Streep?
Jennifer Lawrence and Emma are very in demand in Hollywood right now. Sorry it hasn't reached your nursing home yet.
- I'm 34 years old, idiot, at R299.
Are you Emma Stone's PR person? Because you sure are defensive about her.
- [quote]How is Emma a hot commodity, [R287]? Most people have never heard of her.
Honey...just, no. Emma Stone is famous, she is a 'hot commodity' and she is the go-to actress in her age range. There's no need to bring Streep in to it, she's old enough to be Emma's grandmother. But Emma is quite well known and will become more so when Spider-Man comes out next week (although it remains to be seen how well it's received). There's no need to deny this or pretend otherwise. I would even say she's more famous than Andrew Garfield (right now anyway), who is mainly only known for The Social Network. And as far as The Help goes, while Viola was nominated for an Oscar, it was Emma who was on all the magazine covers, on the movie posters, etc. More people probably know who Stone is than Viola Davis. And I'm not saying that's right, but it's true.
The poster in this thread who keeps on trying to argue the opposite point has no idea what he's talking about.
- What ever Emme is, she is not or has ever had sex with Andrew Garfield. Andrew is a hardcore, homosexual.
- His face really is quite horrible. Plus the skinny body. I never would have thought he'd make it as a star.
- I have a question for emma's publicist at R301 how much is she paying you and is it worth all the backlash.??
- What is this Hollywood thing to fake relationships between actors who are costarring in a movie? Who gives a shit?
- Anyone where in Chelsea he and Emma Stone supposedly live?
- Typed to quickly. Meant to say "Anyone know where in Chelsea he and Emma Stone supposedly live?"
- I don't know where exactly, but I know people who have seen and run into her.
- R306, I doubt they live together, so why are you asking?
- ANDREW GARFIELD IS NOT GAY!!!!
- You convinced me, r310. I think it was the ALL CAPS that clinched it.
- R307 I hope this will answer your question.
1 Emma lives in greenwich village. (check google)
2 Jesse eisenberg lives in chelsea.
Now andrew is almost always seen in chelsea so just incase the intellectuals worked it out the starfield pr machine went into overdrive and made up some bullshit living together story.
- Emma has been seen in Chelsea a bunch of times. I work in Chelsea, so I know this and know people who have seen her in Chelsea. I can just confirm that Emma does live in Chelsea. I don't know where either Jesse or Andrew live.
- well either emma is visiting someone or has moved there recently but the last time i googled greenwich village her name came up on a list of people who lived there.
- went to see spiderman last night and really enjoyed it shame about the unconvincing love story between peter&gwen,the chemistry has been vastly overrated.
- It's not just that he's so fey but also that she's so butch. That plus the co-starring thing are the giveaways here for the rational people who have nothing in particular invested in either of them.
- Their dynamic is very similar to the Twilight couple. Right now down to the fey, girlish, giggling Englishman 'romancing' his butch, raspy voiced lesbian co-star. Although Andrew and Emma are better actors so they come off marginally better in candids.
- They also seem to be more willing to kiss and hold hands in public.
- R317, Andrew Garfield's ex, Shannon Woodward, was more Kristen Stewart-y.
- It's so ridiculous that we have to go through these shenanigans year after year before the person comes out 20 years later.
- Eh. Shannon is friends with Kristen, but she (Shannon) is not gay-seeming at all. She's at UCB, etc. all the time, and is now also quite apparently hooking up with a certain (MARRIED!) comedian.
Anyway, back to Andrew. Jury's out as to whether he considers/considered himself at least bisexual.
But to be honest, I'm more "concerned" about his weight loss. It strikes me as an emotional symptom as opposed to just "fast metabolism." Oh, well.
And now I feel horrible for gossiping about it.
- Shannon Woodward sure looks butch in pictures, R321. But mostly, she's just really fucking ugly.
- Andrew has always been very scrawny - just like a lot of British guys. I'm not sure if there's anything unusual about it.
He has Robert Pattinson's frame.
Here's Andrew Garfield almost naked in a British t.v. series he did before he became famous:
- Another from the same series:
In Underwear, standing up:
- r322 Nah, any "style" she has is just her attempt to survive in LA/the image of her choosing.
I think she's fairly pretty up close. And hey, she snagged a married guy. But, eye of beholder. It's not hard to see why she hit it off with Andrew, but it's also totally understandable that they eventually broke up.
And I know he was always skinny, but losing even more weight typically doesn't just happen like that, at his age. Either way, it sort of fascinates me. It shouldn't. But it does.
- The only thing I've ever seen Andrew in was in the awesome teen series Sugar Rush, where he was the son of two gay dads. He also had a crush on the lesbian main character, who eventually stole his character's dog and tied it to a light pole on a busy street. Poor Vanessa never saw her owner again.
- so when will this poor excuse for a relationship end.?and who in their right mind will be surprised.
- [quote]As the press tour for The Amazing Spider-Man hits full speed, you'd be forgiven for guessing that stars Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone have been taking cues from another blockbuster franchise couple: All of the fame-fearing interview quotes and anguished relationship denials we get on the regular from Garfield and Stone recall no one more than Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, who've trod similar territory as the leads of Twilight. In fact, the two couples' media-wary sensibilities, paranoid tendencies, and perpetual self-effacement are so similar that Vulture thought it might make for a fun quiz. Below are fifteen angst-ridden quotes to the press given by Pattinson, Stewart, Garfield, or Stone. Can you figure out who said what?
- 321 & 325 - I've only recently seen him like on Leno and such and didn't think he looked any thinner than normal. He barely has any body fat to speak of as it is. Do you think he's ill or just stressed out?
- W&W R320.
- You people are dum he is not gay! besides he is my cousin!!
- Based on the pure craziness and unbelievability of Andrews bearding routine, I'm guessing his publicist is one of those hardened, coke snorting types, who very much lives in a world of self made fear and fantasy.
- Apparently the huffing started early today.
- hey guess what he is as striaht as an arrow so shut up who ever is out there posting stuff like this it is rude and annoying. what if andrew saw this he would feel bad and it would be because of all of you kids out there. treat others the way you want to be treated or you will get hurt.
- he is as stiraght as an arrow. and this is just rude what you kids are doing to poor andrew he is trying to live his movie star life and you guys are putting him down. treat others the way you want to be treated otherwise in the end you'll get hurt.
- R334 and 335 you really didn't need to repeat that twice,we get the message and it's bull.
- He's got tard face real bad.
- Wtf is wrong with you people, Andrew Garfield is NOT gay, ye really need to shut up. It's none of your business whether or not he is gay, (even though he is not). Stay out of his personal life. And I also don't know why ye would say that he is ugly, ye might not like him but that doesn't make him ugly. infact I think he is the sexiest guy I have ever seen in my life. He is so cute. Just stay out of his persnal life.
- R338, what are you doing here?
- I think the dude is straight. Gay dudes who say that guys are straight without any valid proof sound like they are desperate for affirmation, wishing that they could transform other guys into gay. As my gay friend says, misery loves company, even if it's not true. Have some respect for yourself and others and stop projecting.
- Who let the straight teenaged tards in?
- [quote]Gay dudes who say that guys are straight without any valid proof sound like they are desperate for affirmation
I think you meant to use the word 'gay' in the place where you used the word 'straight', but you don't sound like the brightest bulb anyway.
- wow who let the retard fangirls in.?please close the door on your way out thank you.
- He is STRAIGHT. He fucks chicks all the time and cums bucets inside them. I'm surprised he doesn't have tons of illegitimates runnng around with all the pussy he nails ... and he nails it HARD.
- R344 LOL
- does anyone else here see the pattern with these "straight teenage posters"? e.g. none of them seem to have passed the second grade as so far every post they've made has consisted of very poor spelling & even worse sentence structure?
please straight trolls, gently remove the giant dildos stuck up your cunts & crawl out of your mothers' basements into the real world. that boy is gay gay GAYER than a goddamned goose. i know your vaginas stink & the fumes coming up from under there are toxic, but that is no excuse to let the putrid smells cloud your (admittedly ALWAYS poor) judgements :} shame on you bitches *condescendingly shakes head back & forth*
- Bad at convincing the public he is straight means Andrew is also a bad actor in general.
- R346, that was gross. Did you really need to be so graphic?
- He lagustas hairy rear end hole
- I don't know which Andrew Garfield everyone else is referring to, because this one has to be one of the most attractive people I've ever seen. I seriously couldn't focus on the plot of Spiderman because I was too distracted by how beautiful he is.
- R346 Very accurate.
- I thought he was gay but do you really think he has a lot of female fans?
- R352 check out tumblr.
- A lot of his females fans WANT him to be gay. There's a whole lot of Jesse/Andrew slash fans out there.
In fact I would say all of Andrew's fans seem to be either female or gay. I don't think most straight men give him two thoughts.
- R354, I would say that's fairly accurate.
- I'm not sure who he would appeal to? I think he's cute but I'm wondering, would it be the same set of girls who would like the little creep, Beiber?
- R356, no, not at all. It's more the set of girls that would go for Jesse Eisenberg.
The Justin Beiber crowd is younger and more boy band inclined.
The Andrew Garfield crowd is a bit older, though still young, and likes fey geeks and Brits.
- [quote]this one has to be one of the most attractive people I've ever seen. I seriously couldn't focus on the plot of Spiderman because I was too distracted by how beautiful he is.
- Met him when I interned for a mag. Gave an emotionally needy vibe more than anything else. Had a girlfriend. Was weird like most in the industry are. Maybe he'll hop over the fence, maybe he won't.
- [quote]Maybe he'll hop over the fence, maybe he won't.
The fence? You mean cross over from bi to gay?
- R359 more please
- You guys are poops. Andrew Garfield is the hottest thing around. And why would you say he's gay based on pictures of him with a girl?
- I think he's gay because...he's gay.
- where is our favourite closet case.?i haven't seen him or his beard for a while.
- They're taking a break from Spiderman promotion.
- seems a little fishy now that the movie is in theatres we don't get all the "candids" anymore
- Maybe Andrew is comforting Robert Pattinson.
- Who cares? He's not sleeping with you anyway.
- I love Andrew Garfield so much!!
- the studio are probably planning the "break up" story as we speak.
- I think Andrew and Rob should try to cheer each other up. I'll pray for them...
- afaik andrew is bisexual, he had a longtime relationship with comedian simon amstell before he dated shannon
- Andrew Garfield can't speak right now because he has Robert Pattinson's cock half-way down his throat.
He's comforting Rob after his break-up with Kristen.
- R372, interesting, do you know this through friends or just the internet?
Is it one person with the Andrew Garfield/Robert Pattinson fantasy posting repeatedly or are there multiple people?
- The Pattinson/Garfield troll sounds like a 14 year old girl who's obsessed with writing real person slash fanfiction.
I wish she'd give it a rest.
- R375, you are a nuisance - go away. There are many of us here who like to have fun with the idea of Robert and Andrew being together.
- See. R376=fangurl writing real person slash.
- Simon Amstell kind of reminds me of Jessie Eisenberg.
- Maybe that's the type of guy Andrew likes, R378. He was certainly infatuated with Jessie.
- r372 here, i know it because russell brand spoke about it at one of his comedy shows i went to. he then proceeded to berate bisexual men but at least he dropped that little gem.
somewhere there's a radio clip of russell talking about how he thinks simon's boyfriend is beautiful etc and when he told us about andrew and simon he was expanding upon that.
- Russell Brand outed Andrew Garfield as bi ?
- he mentioned it in passing and as he was newly sober and had a terrible reputation i suppose he felt comfortable doing so
i doubt he anticipated andrew would go on to become a mainstream name
- What year was this, R382?
- I saw the film last week finally. He can act; I think he's a good choice for Spidey. I never watched the Tobey versions of it. Rhys Ifans chews the scenery to perfection too as a mad scientist.
Now that I've seen him act, I think he's pretty convincing as a straight boy. His Spidey emotes, dude, and clings to his loved ones (Sally Field and Martin Sheen).
So, either way, it doesn't matter. He's doing his job. He almost manages to make the tired old comic book cliches seem fresh. He looks much better in motion!
- when did russell brand out him, what year?
- R382 Link please
- According to ONTD Andrew and Emma are on vacation in South East Asia. And he finally cut off that ridiculous bouffant hairdo.
- I thought they had supposedly broken up.
- Are they promoting the film over there.??
- No, all promotion is done.
- R380, this radio clip?
- Wow, you darling queens on here sure know how to make gossip hurt! So Andrew is dating a girl butr he "pings" to you with your psychic powers so he must be gay. I have found that many gay folks WANT others to be gay when they are not, either cuz they have crushes on them or cuz they are jealous of them. If he's dating a girl and identifies as British, let him be. "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." Sheesh.
- I seriously doubt that R392 men say he's gay because he's gay that's why.
- He "pings" and looks awkward in his photos and that makes him "gay because he's gay." No. It really does come off as wishing he was gay or jealousy, or both.
- He pings to high heavens, so it's hard to know for sure.
But if he is gay then he's very much into bearding since he not only has his current girlfriend, Emma Stone, but was also with Shannon Woodward when he won the BAFTA a few years ago. I think he kissed her and thanked her at the time.
- The Amazing Spider-Man had like zero cultural impact. Not a flop, but no1curr.
- Welp he says he's straight he dating a woman. If he wanted to be gay. He would be with a man. Not dating females.
I agree with 392. Not everyone is gay. According to DL everyone is gay. I believe alot of people are just not everybody.
- Any more pictures of this "vacation".??
- Here you go, r398!
- Welp? no1curr?
Go back to ONTD girls.
- Andrew and Emma always look so awkward and uncomfortable in their photos. It must be love!
- I heard marc webb won't be coming back for the sequel.is this true.??
- you find out most Male Stars celebs pretend and keep it in the closet.
they do not want to ruin their image.
Andrew does like to get drunk and party's and let his cock out.
- How do you know?
- Yet more awkward and fake andrew/emma pictures. just give it up already you are fooling no'one.
- which photos?
- Perhaps r405 means these photos?
- He definitely pings here, yes?
- Yes those are the ones sorry i didn't link them.i don't know how.!!
- Emma Stone And Andrew Garfield Get Caught Speeding
- publicity stunt. major fail.!!
- Were they supposed to get caught having sex in the car?
- I wonder what spidey got for his birthday today.??
- Those two lovebirds must've been trying to outrun the paps and got nabbed for it!
- He's 29. I hope he finds some adult parts soon because I actually think he's a pretty good actor.
- 414 Leave them alone you beasts.!!
- Here is the happy couple out to celebrate Andrew's birthday. They look positively miserable.
- wow they look so happy and so in love.!!give it up guys the stunt ain't working.!
- This latest set of photos is interesting. If you scroll down the page past all the kissy-kissy photos of Andrew and Emma, you'll see that they were not alone on this beach outing, rather it appears they were with a group of men. Hmmmm.....
- R419 when emma stone is the only woman in a group of men you know none of them are interested in females.
- Some new photos came out today.
He looks loads happier here than in any of his photos with Emma.
- Who is the guy he's with?
Gay? He kind of pings.
- Don't buy them for a second. He pings, and if anything, she pings even harder.
I genuinely like them both though.
- R421 Is that a new fuckbuddy.??
- R421's photo comes from a whole set of photos. Appears they were on some kind of outing with friends.
- Here's a set that must show them much later the same day. That guy is still with them in one of the shots.
- Here's some video of them at Disneyland. Looks like they weren't alone, but with some other men...again. Are they bodyguards/assistants? Or Andrew's gay posse? The guy with the beard is there too.
- The showmance must go on it seems.how truly desperate they must be to sell this sham.!!
- If you look at Garfield with his last girlfriend and compare it to this one with Stone, this one is incredibly weird on the surface.
I don't think E & A's relationship, whatever it may be, was forced upon them by external sources. However, they both seem really deluded. No way something's not off. For what it's worth, I think Garfield is bi and knows it, and Stone is straight.
Does anyone know if Andrew still smokes cigarettes? I couldn't tell if he was holding a lighter or a phone in one of those sets.
I believe Andrew used to smoke, but quit to get in shape for Spider-man.
- [quote]If you look at Garfield with his last girlfriend and compare it to this one with Stone, this one is incredibly weird on the surface.
What do you think is the difference? I don't know too much about how he acted with Shannon Woodward, except Shannon is incredibly butch (but straight). She's more butch than Emma.
- He looks very awkward and uncomfortable.
- He definitely pings, no question about that.
I read somewhere that there are many more sightings of Emma and Andrew that end up on Tumblr or Twitter where they aren't being followed by paps. But there's no doubt their relationship comes across as very stagey.
- R431, Shannon Woodward is categorically not "butch." I have NO CLUE where people get that idea from, except maybe the photos of that day she was hanging out with Rob Pattinson, wearing a really tomboyish outfit. Which is a ridiculous basis...
Anyway, Andrew and Shannon looked more like...well...a real couple. When I see his matchup with Stone, whatever it is, I get the feeling like it's going to eventually drive her to overdose, and push him over the edge into irrecoverable sociopathdom.
- Between AG appearing on Bway (to rave reviews) and his success with SPIDERMAN, one inescapable fact remains....
Outide of DL, Garfield is greeted worldwide with deafening silence. And stifled yawns.
No one cares about AG. He is a decent actor but a failure as a Hollywood star. No one cares about he and Stone (whose 15 minutes are ticking off fast). He is not a sex symbol, or the subject of young girls' fantasies.
Garfield will never be a true A-list star.
- wherever they go they are followed by the paps and always in really high profile places like nobu,the four seasons,disneyland.etc.because their publicist set it up only a tween would think otherwise.
- R435: Yeah. I mean, I'm not sure where he's going to be cast. No doubt he has enough skill to play a fair number of characters decently, but Hollywood increasingly doesn't care about that. He doesn't quite fit one formula or another (and will not age into leading man-type looks). So there may be a bunch of character acting and supporting roles he could do, but it might be tricky after having done Spiderman. Meanwhile, because of Spiderman, he was not really building any other cred.
- He's good enough to be a character actor. No, he probably won't be an A-list leading man, but he could still have a longer career than a typical, boring, tween pin-up (like Robert Pattinson).
And Shannon isn't exactly femme.
- I maintain that Shannon is as at least as femme as the average woman. Maybe even more so, as occasionally wearing dresses and skirts is a significant booster of one's overall femme score in this era.
- Just because you wear a dress doesn't mean you look feminine in one.
- Word, R440!
- Well, let me turn the tables for once. I'm too interested now.
Everyone: what is it that makes Shannon masculine? Please try to support your answer with data from either seeing her in real life or in recorded interviews.
- What makes any woman butch? Their look, their clothes, their way of carrying themselves, their mannerisms.
I admit I have not seen this Shannon woman speak, but overall she is a bit on the butch/masculine side. To say the least. Especially juxtaposed next to Katy Perry.
Shannon does remind me of Kristen Stewart, frankly.
- I wouldn't say butch, she's offbeat.
- Andrew had to upgrade his girlfriend if he wanted an A-list career. Getting papped with Emma is good PR. The fangurls at ONTD love them.
- Yeah, but some of them also find them tiresome or weird together.
- Trouble in "paradise"?
- Andrew *very* frugal? The Hollywood hipster getup ain't cheap...
- Andrew is a Jewish boy. Nothing wrong with being careful about his money.
- Trying to end the showmance it seems.watch this space i say.
- R450= Yoda????
I dunno if that story about finances would be counted an attempt to end it, but I personally don't expect them to last forever. Hmm.
I guess I like them well enough individually--there are worse personalities in Hollywood.
- R451 They are trying to plant the seed of doubt by making up some bullshit "on the rocks"story.this is just the beginning of these, i predict there will be more by the end of this year.!!
- I haven't seen this possible "on-the-rocks" story anywhere else, which is odd. It seems to just be on Gossip Cop, who usually responds to rumors already floating around. Who are they trying to rebut here? I definitely agree with R451 that it's a purposely planted seed.
- I don't think they're breaking up this duo anytime soon. They are scheduled to start shooting the next Spider-Man in a few months.
- only time will tell.popularity is flagging and spiderman wasn't the big success it was expected to be.!!
- sing their celebrity status to promote a good cause, Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield got creative after their New York City lunch date on Saturday (September 15).
After the couple realized that paparazzi was waiting for them outside, they created signs in which they held over their faces to send a message.
The signs read: "We just found out that there were paparazzi outside the restaurant we were eating in. So... why not take this opportunity to bring attention to organizations that need and deserve it," followed by links to two charity websites, wwo.org and gildasclubnyc.org.
- [quote]They are scheduled to start shooting the next Spider-Man in a few months.
Why do we have to have more Spiderman films?
- R456 when i saw those pictures "desperado" started playing in my head.hands up who here doesn't think they called the paps themselvess
- Maybe Andrew knows he is working against the clock and will eventually be outed, so he is banking his money for the lean years ahead.
- I hate how old and ugly he is now.!!i can remember watching the social network last year and how gorgeous he looked in it,i guess the bearding has took it's toll.
- why do you guys think that almost every actor is gay? if they were ugly you all wouldnt care! wie armselig!
- Or, R461, he just passed his late 20s peak on schedule. Gawd.
Although, maybe there's underlying stress between him and Emma. She hasn't looked so well since getting together with him. Andrew and Shannon looked more natural.
- English men usually hit the wall by 30 (or even earlier)
- Did he have a slight rhinoplasty? Sometime before he became famous, I mean.
- What English guys hit the wall at 30? Hugh Grant hasn't changed ever. Liam Neeson is one hot daddy - though maybe he is something other than English? Alan Rickman hit the wall - well, at least turned somewhat chubby and old - post 50... BS English bashing.
Ok Prince William.
- R463 stress of living a lie can cause many problems
- To be fair, most people live multiple lies. But he looks like he's aging normally to me. Most faces seem to morph in the mid to late 20s.
...Besides, OP, he had kind of different makeup in The Social Network. I can't recall many times when I've seen him look like Eduardo Saverin whilst out and about.
- R468 I meant the stress of living a lie has took it's toll on emma the most.
He looked really healthy and happy at the tsn premieres and during award season,now he just looks a mess.
- "has took it's toll...."
Two for one, oh, dears.
- Love Andrew, but never believed his relationship with Emma. Though, they were great together in Spider-Man.
- R470 whatever
- They seem slightly more real than the obvious bearding relationship between KStew and Rpatz (which isn't saying much, I know).
- I'd bet anything that RP/KS aren't bearding. They've been catering to Summit.
I think Andrew and Emma really are together in some kind of emotional way or another, but they're showy......and both quickly started to look unhealthy (losing tons of weight each, etc.). Maybe it's just a coincidence, but who knows.
- R474 who let the fangirls back in.!!
Both these "couples"are fake and bearding,i sense no chemistry,no sexual tension,nothing but a business contract.!!
- R475, I'm literally about as far from a fangirl as you can get. You're probably closer, what with your ".!!" punctuation.
Yes, Rob and Kristen are fake. No, I don't think their operation has anything to do with gayness.
Andrew/Emma seem like they have or had some kind of strong emotional attachment, regardless of its nature. But it presents to me as one of those questionable things that reaches for more than it can. We'll see.
For the record, you never know if Garfield might be at least bi and "out" to his family and friends, including Emma. It's not out of the question. If I ever truly bearded with someone, I don't think I would want to spend so much time hanging out with my beard's mom in addition to my beard. And if I were a beard, I wouldn't want to drag my mom into it so often. That's just one example.
- R476 This is the last thing i will add to this sad argument.
can you please explain to me why you think they have/had a great strong emotional connection.
- In many cases, closeted gay actors, like Andrew Garfield, do form emotional bonds with their beards. Particularly more femme guys are inclined towards this.
- Andrew likes the ladies all right...as friends!
- If he's completely gay, and if it's true that he's bearding, it's recent (as of less than two years ago) and it started with Stone. Because he was in an actual relationship with a woman for around 4 years prior to that. I vote long-time bi, secretly prefers men.
- That Shannon Woodward girl? She's gross.
That said, he certainly dropped her like a bad habit once he got the Spiderman gig.
- Oh my.
- As someone in TV, I can't help but be most concerned about how his lav cable is showing during the belly dance.
- Actually, watching Andrew dance was fun. He was pretty good and showed a sense of humor about himself.
- I was amused they talked about his beard and Emma in the same clip.
The vogue dance bit was pretty good.
- R485 me too it's almost like they were trying to tell us something.
- His reaction to Ellen's beard comment was quite amusing.
- I think he looks kind of sweet with facial hair. No, it's not the ideal of a great beard, but it adds more whimsicality to his face when he grins.
- I like my twinks clean shaving.
- I like him and his beard. She was good in Superbad and Zombieland.
- Ugh when will the Garfield/Eisenberg shippers let go? It's been time for 2 years.
- I don't think he is gay. Maybe he is just bi.
- Has andrew done any gay roles.?
- Well most gay actors play a gay character when they are younger so they have the internet saturated with rumors fan girls think are because of the gay role they played.
- I'm betting he'll hook up with Shailene Woodley.
Actually, I'm betting Dane will have an extramarital fling with Shailene (because she's young, fresh meat), then Dane will feel guilty about cheating and break it off. Then Shailene will go running, sobbing into the arms of Andrew, who had been nice-guy flirting with her for the entire time, and borderline emotionally cheating on Emma with her (like he apparently did to his last girlfriend). And they'll move in together and then break up at some point.
CALLING. IT. NOW. So what if it describes what happens on 98% of all film shoots.
- R495 I think you've got it just right.
I can see the us weekly cover all planned out.
- If I could I'd start a new thread. Instead, I'm just bumping this old one to post this article:
"Andrew Garfield Doesn't Want to Talk About His Beard"
- Wasn't he one of our presidents?