- She was his guest again? How many more times is he going to trot her out to talk about family history that has been rehashed everywhere for the past two decades.
- it was a repeat I think.
- I think he's close to his half-brother Stan, but the other guy, Chris, stopped talking to Gloria and Anderson.
Anderson uses his mom as a way of deflecting any conversation about his personal life with the bf and that's why he always has her on the show.
- why don't they talk to the other kids? Did Glo cheat on their Dad?
- That family doesn't maintain long-lasting relationships. Give Benderson another six-months and it will be splitsville.
- Stokowski--the father of Anderson's brothers--can be seen in the clip below with Deanna Durbin.
- Gloria's two oldest sons, Stan and Chris, are the product of her marriage to the much older Leopold Stokowski, the great conductor.
They have to be at least 15 or more years older than Anderson, and she lost custody of them in the divorce from Stokowski, so it's no wonder they're not close, and no wonder she mollycoddles and babies AC to this day.
- [quote]That family doesn't maintain long-lasting relationships. Give Benderson another six-months and it will be splitsville.
Someone posted the same thing three years ago but they're still together now.
- Three years isn't a long-lasting relationship.
God, the obsession you f****ts have with that little spoilt ferret is insane.
- R9, take your ferret obsession and stick up your racid BORING ass. You're just pissed because you'll never look as good as Anderson does on his WORST day.
- holy geez, Leopold Stokowski was born in 1882.
- Bumping this thread since the other Anderson one was closed.
- Whatever happened to Cesar? Is he still unemployed? How does he support himself after all these years?
- your point r11? Anderson's mother was born the same year Calvin Coolidge defeated John W. Davis and Fighting Bob LaFollette in the US presidential election.
- Anderson must've dropped Cesar's ass right after those airport pics.
- I have the perfume on now.
- (Bumped form the other thread) "I guess this confirms that [R351] is one of the crazy people who think that Anderson uses Kelly Ripa as a beard, even though she's married to another man and he makes no bone about his total lack of sexual interest for her. So let me break it to you in simple terms that your limited powers of understanding can grasp: Kelly is AC's fag hag, not his pretend girlfriend. Ben is his bf. Now do you get it?"
I think your the one who doesn't get it. Of course we all know Kelly is a fag hag but you've got to be a complete idiot not to realize AC is using her as his beard on purpose to impress the straights. Kelly is AC's man and you and I both know it.
- Yes, he certainly has no problem showing off a woman at his side.
- R17 is an insane frau.
- Damn right, R19. That's because R17 is a crazy delusional Anderfrau who obsessively stalks Cooper on Twitter using multiple fake accounts and who's all over the AC threads on DL. Here's one of her accounts
- >>>but you've got to be a complete idiot not to realize AC is using her as his beard on purpose to impress the straights.
You can't be someone's beard if you are actually married to someone else
- She lost custody? It is VERY rare for a mom to lose custody. Especially a rich one, especially in those days. She must have been a TERRIBLE mother.
- I don't think R17 fully understands what a beard is, R21. But then again, that's to be expected from a deranged frau like her.
- Gloria will probably get Alzheimers and then poor Anderson will be the only one who cares for her.
- [quote]You can't be someone's beard if you are actually married to someone else
Please provide a link to that rule. It doesn't seem to show up with a Google search. TIA!
- R24 Anderson won't take care of Gloria. He'll hire someone to do it and then occasionally stop by to see her, provided it doesn't interfere with his hanging out with celebs.
- Your intelligence, or rather lack of, doesn't show up with a Google search either, R25.
- Beware! R19 - R23 - R27 is an Anderapologistfrau, sitting at her computer just daring anyone to mention the Daytime Emmy incident. So I'm not going to say anything about who sat next to him.
- Girls, girls, you're all...idiots.
- I don't even need to respond to R28's idiotic accusations when her post plainly shows what a fixated retard she is.
- R28 needs to find herself a hobby. Or go see a doctor. In any case, she shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a computer. I wonder why people like her are not institutionalized. I blame the Republicans.
- There are a lot of tiresome trolls on the AC threads, but I don't think anyone is as tedious as R28, AKA the Daytime Emmy troll.
- Damn right, [R19]. That's because [R17] is a crazy delusional Anderfrau who obsessively stalks Cooper on Twitter using multiple fake accounts and who's all over the AC threads on DL. Here's one of her accounts
Lie much R20? Are you that desperate to prove your point that you would make up stuff and claim it as the truth. You need to get your meds increased hon. It's funny you FOUND that account so easily on twitter since it's probably yours.
- "You can't be someone's beard if you are actually married to someone else"
Apparently you can't truly be someone's boyfriend either if the other person refuses to claim you publically after 3 blissful years together. Kelly has become AC's beard. He took a woman to the Emmy's last year, he invited Kelly on his AC360 bully program and sat right next to her, he took lots of pics with Kelly this year at the VF party and now he's hosting a public event with her. Just suck it up and accept it fan girls. SHE'S HIS BEARD.
- Here's a pic of Anderson with a cute guy. Maybe Ben took the pic, but if AC weren't with Ben, I bet he'd hit it.
- I´ve always wondered why he never talks about his older brothers too..I think is because he wants to avoid questions about why the second one, chris, hasn´t spoken to any family members since before Anderson´s father death.In fact he didn´t show up for Carter´s funeral either... weird, weird family.
- OP, they don't appear on camera because they literally don't appear on camera - Anderson is the tall, dark, handsome one.
- [quote]There are a lot of tiresome trolls on the AC threads, but I don't think anyone is as tedious as R28, AKA the Daytime Emmy troll.
Heh! My apologies to the real Daytime Emmy troll for borrowing your act. It's fun seeing heads explode at the mention of that incident. R32 swallowed the bait. From this thread, it seems that calling Kelly Ripa a beard for AC will get the Anderapologistfraus all a-twitter, too.
- Wasn't Anderson's Daddy gay? Wyatt Cooper.
- R39 I have always heard rumors that Wyatt was gay, but don't know if they are true or not.
- "Apparently you can't truly be someone's boyfriend either if the other person refuses to claim you publically after 3 blissful years together."
Now that's some interesting twisted logic you came up with here. What does "publically claiming" someone mean anyway? Are you in high school, R34? Personally, I could think of several reasons why Anderson wouldn't want to expose his bf, who unlike him he's not a celebrity, to the public. First of all, Anderson never discusses his dating life, nor has he acknowledged that he's gay. He's always been extremely guarded about what he regards as his privacy, and Ben is very much included in that. Secondly, don't you think that maybe, Anderson's refusal to share his dating life with the public simply means that he wants to protect his relationship from the media as well as people like you? He also never mentions any close friends other than famous ones, does this mean he officially has no friends apart from Ripa, Cohen and Griffin, or that those unnamed friends are less important to him? Of course not. Just like other famous people before him, Anderson compartmentalizes between the parts of his life that he's willing to share with his audience (his already famous mom, his publicly known family history including his brother's suicide, his celebrity friends, etc...) and those that he considers private. It doesn't mean that the stuff that he chooses to keep private is less important to him. Chances are, it's quite the opposite actually.
- [quote]It doesn't mean that the stuff that he chooses to keep private is less important to him.
We know it's very important to him because of the huge sense of shame he has about being gay.
He's not going to build much more of an audience because so many people know he can't be genuine.
Some thought his show would be this decade's Dick Cavett or Phil Donahue show, instead he's just one step over from Maury Povich. Maury features babies' daddies and Anderson features toddlers and tiaras.
- So his relationship with Ben is MORE important than his mother, dad, brother? Why talk about the death of Carter constantly, I would want to keep THAT private. Just because the information has already been discussed doesn't mean that you should exploit that info every chance you get.
- [quote]Anderson Cooper
I love me some @KellyRipa RT @ShellBop18: Aren't they the cutest couple @KellyRipa @andersoncooper
Apparently he doesn't mind it if people think he and Kelly Ripa are a couple.
- [italic] “I just keep seeing you punching another boy…I just keep seeing you…like…boxing? I don’t know if it’s a brother figure or something because it’s sort of like…a jabbing, it’s fun.”
“You can feel a lot of laughter in this room…you know… a lot of men’s hearty laughter”
“There’s a lot of masculine energy in here, it feels like just a load of guys getting together.”[/italic]
I'm sure there's a lot of "punching" going on in the firehouse.
- I could see Anderson being into sparring and play fighting
- "So his relationship with Ben is MORE important than his mother, dad, brother?"
I believe so. Why wouldn't his relationship with Ben be more important than his dad or his brother, who both died decades ago? As to his mother, I don't think Anderson spends nearly as much time with her as he does with Ben, so yes I would think that Ben takes precedence.
- AC and Ben are a united front, nothing comes between them and nothing can break the bond they have together.
- Anderson Cooper I love me some @KellyRipa RT @ShellBop18: Aren't they the cutest couple @KellyRipa @andersoncooper
R44 Apparently he doesn't mind it if people think he and Kelly Ripa are a couple.
I told you so.
-  and [40}: I seem to recall in the 1960s that it was a well-know fact in certain circles that Wyatt Cooper was gay. Didn't Daddy Cooper work for Esquire Magazine?
- I don't know if he was gay but he was certainly flamboyant. A very handsome man who loved his sons, too.
- Gloria Vanderbilt said that Wyatt Cooper's eyes were intensely blue and she said AC inherited them. Lots of people who see him in person comment about how vividly blue his eyes are.
- I have always hered that it wss known Wyatt was gay. Its kind of obvious if you think about it. He seemed some what [childish epithet posted by a bigoted tool], was married to a gay icon. No wonder Anderson is gay, he didn't stand a chance. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. His mom was a fashion designer/gay icon, his father appeared to be a closeted gayt man who bearded. No wonder Anderson is the way he is.
It does seem lile Wyatt really loved his children. I think I remember reading somewhere that he had told someone, possibly Capote that he was afraid of dying because he knew Gloria would not do a good job of rasing the boys on her own.
- During what decade was Gloria a gay icon? Her name was well-known, no doubt, but a "gay icon"????? What made her a gay icon?
In another 20 years, will someone post on DL that Vera Wang was a gay icon?
- It's so interesting to dip into these AC threads periodically. They all denigrate into this back and forth screaming over legitimacy, don't they? Is this what the prancing ponies threads were like 10 years ago?
- r41's post is very perceptive and well thought out.
- Coopie wears colored contacts.
- With so much focus placed on AC and his dead brother and the Forgotten Ones, Gloria successfully keeps people from remembering and questioning whatever happened to the triplets, the black humpback, and that OCD girl who kept eating all the finials at Old Westbury. What was her name? Bessiwalrus? Marigoldilox?
Anyway, Vanderbilt, a master of P.R., also has successfully suppressed any media record of her other five marriages, including the two before Pat DiCicco and that one to the Paraguayan jockey with the clubfoot and big bulge in the silks. You know. The mulatto.
She's such a gay icon. And by that I mean a mess who lies and is rich and has a cute son and wears black and tried to sing and likes black men and was sad, so sad, but now is happy. Sort of. Brave. For us. And rich.
- Anderson's covering polygamy AGAIN on his daytime show. He needs to get over that and Toddlers and Tiaras. He's going to actually talk about JonBenet on Friday. What's up with him and these overly made up pageant babies? He's obsessed.
- AC is starting to look like a pedophile with his unhealthy obsession with toddlers and tiaras. No 44 year old man should be that obsessed with little girls in makeup. Its disturbing.
- [54}: Yes! She was a gay icon in the 60s and 70s. She was Bobby Short's hag and did fabulous collages. Think she even did one of herself as Queen Elizabeth I. She used to wear very stark makeup-rice powder as I recall that gave her a Kabuki look. She had a wide-pan face like Dorothy Killgallen. WWD followed her closely as did the society columnists. Recall that she spoke in a Locust Valley lockjaw manner.
- [quote]WWD followed her closely as did the society columnists. Recall that she spoke in a Locust Valley lockjaw manner.
None of that makes her a gay icon. Did she stand on a stage and sing to an adoring audience of gays? Did she sign autographs for gays gathered around a stage door? Did gays buy all her recordings and give her standing ovations?
Next, you'll be telling us that Arlene Francis was a gay icon. She was on weekly TV wearing fabulous gowns and cutle little masks during the secret celeb segment.
Was Elsa Maxwell a gay icon? How about Perle Mesta? They gave faboulous parites and all the society columnists followed them. A Broadway music was based on DL fave Perle.
- The fraus eat the Kelly Ripa shit up. Many think Kathy Griffin and him are a couple for the same reason. But what do you expect when Kathy talks about leaving pussy stains on Anderson's sheets.
I'd love to know why the one son doesn't speak to Gloria or him.
- R63 I too would like to know why the one son is estranged from the family. I'm assuming the estranged son doesn't speak to Stan either.
- I can't believe how stupid some of those fraus are, r63. This one on Twitter takes the cake: she hates Kelly Ripa with a passion because she actually believes that Anderson is having an affair with her! She's utterly scandalized at the thought of a married woman with kids cheating on hubby Mark Consuelos with AC. She accuses AC and Kelly of flirting with each other via Twitter: how remarkably stupid she must be to think that two celebrities would be conducting a "secret" affair on Twitter for the whole world to see. What a fucking retard! These are the people that are still not aware that Anderson is gay. No wonder, they have barely more brain cell activity than a rock!
- There are a lot of insane tweets on that crazy frau's account, but this one is my favorite:
"anderBanter:@littledydy + who wuld tht b cuz dipa is not hot in any way shape or form ac likes big boobs + a brain + dipa has neither"
I'd like to know where Ms Anderbanter has heard that Anderson likes "big boobs"! Oh my sides!
- "AC likes big boobs", that's hilarious, r66! I can't believe how dumb some of those fraus are. Although it's clear that this woman is making things up rather than being simply confused: I doubt Anderson ever claimed to like big women's breasts. People like her are hopeless: even if AC were to come out, she would still counter that with some alternative reality scenario where he's not really gay but pretending to be so as to keep his relationship with the woman he loves a secret, or some other crazy shit like that.
- R66, the person who hides behind the pseudo Anderbanter on Twitter is a homophobic, angry, certifiably crazy stalker of Anderson Cooper. She knows full well that Anderson is gay and dating Ben, she just pretends to think he's having an affair with Kelly Ripa because even something like that is more acceptable to her than him being gay. She's also the author of this blog, where she gives full voice to her wacky conspiracy theories, such as Ben being the same person as Joey Gardner, AC's assistant:
- "she just pretends to think he's having an affair with Kelly Ripa because even something like that is more acceptable to her than him being gay."
This is because AC is leading them to believe this foolery. That tweet to Kelly was left "open" and could have been contrude as flirtateous. Anybody who doesn't follow him the way some do on this site would automatically assume there may be something going on. This is not about Ben. AC knew what he was doing when he tweeted that. He wants people to believe that Kelly is his beard.
- "Anybody who doesn't follow him the way some do on this site would automatically assume there may be something going on."
No, they wouldn't R69. Only a complete retard like Anderbanter would try to construe the tweet as flirtatious. And apparently you think that this crazy person is being led on by Anderson? You can't be serious. As R67 said, even if Anderson were to tell the whole world that he's gay on the cover of People Magazine, this Anderbanter nut would still come up with delusional theories explaining it all away. Look at her blog, where's she's desperately trying to convince us that Ben is the same person as Joey. This frau is obviously missing a full deck.
- Yes they would R70 and I'm not talking about that nutjob Anderbanter. What kind of person would followe her crazy ass any way. You need to go back and read my post. I will say this again yet again. Anyone who doesn't follow AC the way some on this board does WOULD automatically think that AC is flirting with Kelly by reading that tweet. He knew exactly what he was doing by saying that.
- I agree with R70. You can't hold Anderson responsible for how a crazy person interprets what he says or tweets. There will always be insane stalkers like this Anderbanter idiot who think that people on TV talk to them directly and other insane shit like that.
- You'r wrong R71, I don't think many people would "automatically think that AC is flirting with Kelly" based on this one innocent tweet. Who in their right mind believes that anyone famous (let alone two famous people) would be flirting on Twitter of all places? Especially when one of them is married. That's sheer lunacy.
- "He wants people to believe that Kelly is his beard." R69/R71 sounds as insane as Anderbanter. So now we have a crazy frau justifying another mentally challenged frau's wacky theories because of Anderson's "foolery"? I guess this what DL has come down to.
- Personally, I find Anderbanter's insanity extremely entertaining. I hope she'll contribute to her blog more often. Every entry is quite the treat!
- You can't really say with certainty that he wants people to believe that Kelly is his beard... the only thing you can really affirm is that he [bold]doesn't[/bold] want people to believe that Ben is his boyfriend.
- "the only thing you can really affirm is that he doesn't want people to believe that Ben is his boyfriend."
If Anderson didn't want people to believe that Ben is his bf, why would he take him to the VF Oscar dinner three years in a row, invite him to ride the Endymion float with him for Mardi Gras in NOLA, etc...? One would think he'd be more careful if he really was that concerned about it.
- I wonder if R69 blames Anderson's foolery for leading Anderbanter to believe that he likes big boobs.
- "If Anderson didn't want people to believe that Ben is his bf, why would he take him to the VF Oscar dinner three years in a row, invite him to ride the Endymion float with him for Mardi Gras in NOLA, etc...? One would think he'd be more careful if he really was that concerned about it."
AND you just made MY point. He may have taken Ben with him but in every picture including Mardi Gras 2011 and the recent VF pics AND at the Bully premier he was taking pics with Kelly not BEN and in a couple of the pics he has his hand around Kelly's waist looking (coupled up). It is not so far fetched to believe some people would believe that they might have something going on. Kelly is his beard.
R74 Your so childish and asinine. How old are you 5?
- Anderbanter sounds like a real nutcase but she's obviously met her match in the DL fraus who can actually quote her and provide links to her blog. It seems as if all the Cooper stalkers are keeping track of each other. Can you imagine the riot if they all showed up in the Anderson audience one day!!!!
- R62, for pity's sake, at least grant that Elsa Maxwell was an iconic gay.
- I love it when AC "queens" out on his shows. Yesterday he got really angry at the "STD" website guy and made fun of his english and tonite he "queened out" on MIA. He seems really irritated about something.
- Yeah, it seemed like he wanted to kick that STD guy's ass and he's always having a flare-up on Twitter. He did say that he sometimes gets pissed and tweets things out of anger and annoyance and it shows. I'm with him about MIA, don't really know who she is.
- When you are on Anderson, You only talk about Anderson.
- Jesus fucking christ. I never read these AC threads, and now I know why.
It reminds me of the days when the webmaster banned prancing pony threads, soap threads, and used to ban people for getting out of control on political threads.
- R79, you need to give this "Kelly Ripa is AC's beard" fixation of yours a rest, because it really doesn't make any sense. A beard is when a straight woman is used by a gay man to pretend that they're dating so as to hide the fact that the guy is gay. Everybody knows that Kelly is married to Mark Consuelos, so I doubt anyone will be fooled into thinking that her relationship with AC is anything other than simply friendly. For anyone who's stupid enough to believe that there's more to it than that, Anderson's constant jokes about how he has no interest whatsoever in Kelly's body should be enough to put a stop to such nonsense. Of course, you know all that full well, yet you keep on harping about your newfound theory just like the Daytime Emmy troll keeps on going about her fixation.
By the way, what happened to your previous fixation, the one about AC's imaginary bf Ethan? You used to go on and on about their new and exciting relationship, I wonder why you suddenly stopped? Is it because reality has finally put a stop to your little fantasy fiction? My, that would be a first!
- Daytime Emmy? He's been nominated for an Emmy?
- A beard? Anderson has grown a beard?
- Kelly is AC's beard and will continue to be because that is the way AC wants it and I'll get over my so called "fixation" with them when you get over your fixation with Anderbanter (what kind of a person would follow someone like that unless you are that person or just like that person). Trolling the internet to see the negative things people are saying about AC. Even if they are obsessed nutcases like yourself.
Ethan spent the night at AC's firehouse just last night...
- Of course the "Anderson is using Kelly as his beard" troll is the same person as the Ethan-obsessed troll, who's also the Ben-denying troll and the "Cesar was the love of AC's life" troll. We're dealing with one delusional frau here. Now it all makes sense.
- And the Trolldar Frau has finally been reveled. R90 you are such a joke. Do you have every AC thread open so that you can trolldar posters you don't agree with and twist their words around because your not intelligent enough to win a talking point on your own. This comment alone shows me what and buffoon you are:
"Everybody knows that Kelly is married to Mark Consuelos, so I doubt anyone will be fooled into thinking that her relationship with AC is anything other than simply friendly.
Do you live in a cage? Not "EVERYBODY" knows Kelly is married to Mark. Just in case you didn't notice the paparazzi hardly ever takes pictures of Kelly and Mark especially when AC is around. "EVERYBODY" didn't watch Live with Kelly and Regis when AC was on and even if they did they wouldn't understand the jokes between Kelly and AC because NOT everybody knows AC is gay because he hasn't COME OUT yet. He is a closeted gay man that attaches himself to his female celebrity friends so that he will look like the quintessential "straight "guy in the public eye. Sweetie it does not take a brilliant person to see that so you must be really bereft of reason in the head to believe otherwise.
- Can we expect to see Ben sitting next to Anderson at the next Daytime Emmy show?
- Anderson warned that STD guy on his daytime show the other day that he had a lot of attorneys, so the guy had basically better not try to slander him. None of Anderson's ex bf's or hook-ups have ever talked about him publicly. Maybe they're all just nice decent guys who genuinely like him, or they're scared to death of what he could do if they said anything.
- R91 sounds really angry and unhinged. Don't cross the bitch or she'll cut you!
- It'll be a chilly day in Hades before that happens, r92.
- "Not "EVERYBODY" knows Kelly is married to Mark."
"NOT everybody knows AC is gay because he hasn't COME OUT yet."
Really R91? So even though it's a fairly well-known fact that Kelly and Mark are married, it somehow still isn't OFFICIAL enough for certain people, but those very same folks would ABSOLUTELY know that Anderson is gay once he COMES OUT, because you know, that's just the way those people are. What kind of people are you talking about, R91? Because apart from crazy people like Anderbanter and you, I don't see many people believing that Anderson and Kelly are an item.
- I can't understand what R90 is trying to say because the flurry of typos alone is enough to give me a headache. I wish uneducated hillbillies like her would refrain from posting on DL. Where are all the sophisticated gays on DL? Certainly not posting on those AC threads. In any case, she sounds mad as hell, and her obsession with proving that Ripa is Cooper's beard is really tiresome.
By the way, "bereft of reason in the head" is my new favorite expression! Because R90 wouldn't want us to confuse it with "bereft of reason in the foot".
- I'm with R90/R96. I don't think anyone needs troll-dar to realize that R91 is the same crazy person who keeps posting on the AC threads about fictional bfs like Ethan and Josh, Cesar being the love of AC's life, and now this whole "Kelly Ripa is Anderson's beard" bs. Even though you've finally figured out how to fool troll-dar, you're not fooling anyone, sweetie! Your crazy rants will always identify you for the angry delusional Anderfrau that you are.
- Two people in this thread give the impression of being almost sane.
There once was a post that claimed Anderson dedicated one of his books to Cesar. Is that true?
- R85, all I want is some gossip on Anderson and his bf, but since there rarely is any, these AC threads always get taken over by people who'd rather talk about complete nobodies on Twitter that no one cares about instead of talking about Anderson. They need to start their own blog for that because these arguments are crazy, repetitive and pointless. But mainly crazy.
- That's not true, R99. Anderson dedicated the book to his parents on the first page. He mentioned a bunch of people in a small blurb buried at the very end of his book, thanking them for their support. It was a very brief, pretty unremarkable mention, but for some reason, a couple of people around here are determined to make it into the big love declaration that it wasn't. Anderson also mentioned Kirk and Andrea in the very same sentence, yet those nuts never discuss that part.
- Anderson's having Bethenney on next week. He focuses on women making money or being mothers because he can't talk to them about relationships or sex in any real way. Donahue and Oprah were able to do it all. Once again he's going to have some freaky little people on his show next week. His show seems to just be a one hour ad for TLC.
- R101 is right, Anderson's book was not dedicated to Cesar but to his parents. It's crazy that people like R99 are spreading rumors that are factually not true (whether on purpose or not), when the facts can be so easily checked. I don't understand why some folks around here are so bent on making the brief mention of Julio (AC doesn't even refer to him as Cesar) at the end of "Dispatches" into something that it isn't. As R101 said, how come those same posters never bring up the other people that Anderson also thanks on the same page?
- R103, I think the reason why those people are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this is because they're trying to prop up Cesar's importance in AC's life against that of Ben's. The whole thing is really silly, as Cesar is now completely out of Anderson's life, so I don't understand why posters like R99 keep bringing him up in those threads.
- “There once was a post that claimed Anderson dedicated one of his books to Cesar. Is that true?”
R99 A book can be dedicated to many people and Cesar was one of them so the answer to your question is YES. As a matter of fact AC stated the book would not have been written had it not been for Cesar.
Don’t listen to the dingbat Benjamin Frau who can’t handle anyone talking about AC or any of his past/present relationships other than Ben. Cesar is the only partner that AC has ever mentioned and acknowledged publicly
and this is because he was not ashamed of him and was proud to call Cesar his partner.
I have the book and it is a very good read. Purchase it if you can. His exact dedication to Cesar from his book says:
"I’d like to thank Julio for his support and calm counsel without which this book would not have been possible."
We all know that this is a bold and rather remarkable statement since AC has never mentioned his ex Steve, Ben, or any of his other lovers publicly.
- R105, I also have the book, and the only dedication I find is on the first page, to Anderson's parents. Julio/Cesar is only mentioned at the very end, along with several other people who were instrumental during the writing of the book. Why are you singling out this brief mention of Cesar like that? What about the other people Anderson also thanked in that blurb?
- Cue in the delusional Cesarfrau at R103! Thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread, I knew you wouldn't disappoint. What a loon you are!
- "We all know that this is a bold and rather remarkable statement since AC has never mentioned his ex Steve, Ben, or any of his other lovers publicly." Excuse me, but where exactly in the sentence you quoted ("I’d like to thank Julio for his support and calm counsel without which this book would not have been possible") does Anderson identify Julio as his lover???? As R101 and R105 pointed out, Anderson also mentions several other people in that same blurb, are they also to be understood as being AC's lovers? Of course not.
"Cesar is the only partner that AC has ever mentioned and acknowledged publicly and this is because he was not ashamed of him and was proud to call Cesar his partner." Really? Again, when did Anderson EVER call Cesar his partner? Please provide a link to that statement because somehow, most of us around here seem to have missed it. By the way, if Anderson was so proud of Cesar, how come he never took him to any of the fun public events he regularly invites Ben to, like the Vanity Fair Oscar dinner or the Endymion float in NOLA? It seems to me that Cesar missed out on a lot of things when he was supposed to be "the love of AC's life". Strange isn't it, if AC was supposedly so proud of calling him his partner?
- R105 has serious issues. Why is she so invested in asserting that Cesar was the only partner that Anderson was proud of, especially since the guy has been out of AC's life for years now? What an odd fixation.
- It's ironic to hear R105, our resident Cesarfrau ("Cesar was the love of AC's life!!!"), accusing others of being "dingbat Benjamin frau" when she's the one who keeps bringing up some poor guy who dated Anderson almost 4 years ago and hasn't been heard from ever since. Dingbat indeed!
- Too bad AC threads are always reduced to this foolishness. Doesn't anyone have any ACTUAL gossip about Anderson and Ben?
- Good God, I second R111, can we move on from all this ridiculous Cesar talk and discuss current stuff about Anderson and Ben, instead of rehashing the past? Why is R105 constantly bringing up Cesar and trying to convince the whole world that he was the only true love of AC's life?
I don't understand why this has to be a contest between Cesar and Ben anyway. Why can't we agree that Cesar used to be significant to Anderson, and that now Ben is, and just leave it at that? Why do people like R105 always have to argue that Cesar was more meaningful than Ben? What's the point? If Cesar was so important, then guess what, he's now been replaced. Just accept it and move on.
- R112, I think R105 is constantly rehashing the past and bringing up Cesar because she can't stand the fact that Anderson is now happily settled with Ben. For some reasons, that drives her crazy and she's always trying to argue that Cesar somehow meant more to AC than Ben does. She reminds me of the people who keep bringing up Jennifer Aniston whenever Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are discussed. The whole thing is really silly, and as we know, it's a moot point given that for Anderson now, there is no Cesar.
- This is the first time I've ever wanted the webby to shut down an AC thread. More gossip, less crazy.
- I agree, R114. I wish CF would come back. He had some real insider's info that turned out to be true.
- By the way, in my previous post (R107), I mistakenly referred to R103 as a delusional Cesarfrau when I really meant to ridicule R105's crazy over-the-top post. Sorry R103, you're not a loon!
- R4: thought there was a rumor that the second son Gloria had with Stakowski was actually fathered by a Rockefellor and Gloria didn't tell the son and when he found out he left the family....I have don't know if there is any truth to this.
- R115, I really miss Casual Friend too, he made these threads actually interesting because of his connection to Anderson and Ben. I wonder why he stopped posting here. Maybe someone found out about it and told AC?
Monday, March 19
Bethenny Frankel and Million-Dollar Female Inventors. Plus, 'DWTS' Preview with Tom Bergeron
Tuesday, March 20
TLC's 'Little Couple'. Plus, 'American Idol' Castoff
Wednesday, March 21
Caught on Tape! Plus, Ashley Judd
Thursday, March 22
The Boy Who Can Not Eat. Plus, Kathy Bates
Reality T.V. and celebs it's the same shows every freaking week!
- And also kids/adults with weird medical conditions. He's fascinated by that stuff. Monday and Tuesday's shows sound especially boring.
- Where's the gay issues? Ac is purposely excluding them isn't he?
- Looks that way R121. And he seems to even avoid talking about het relationship issues too because he can't really relate to them and it would look awkward for him with his open secret out there to try to do straight talk. He produces the show so he can keep the focus off relationships, gay or straight and sex and just bombard his small audience with sick or inspirational kids, mommies and boring reality show topics, that's his comfort zone. Gay issues are off limits apparently. It's not like those stay at home soccer moms can't handle a gay subject or two. It didn't take Oprah or Ellen off the air. He just doesn't want to do it.
- Thomas Roberts on MSNBC talks about gay issues on almost a daily basis on his news program. Anderson has stopped completely. I wonder if he'll relegate the Tyler Clementi verdict to the 360 Bulletin or will he even bother to talk about it at all?
- So AC did cover the Tyler Clementine verdict afterall. I'm surprised.
- [quote] I really miss Casual Friend too, he made these threads actually interesting because of his connection to Anderson and Ben. I wonder why he stopped posting here.
He really was prolific. Between the three threads he was posting on, he really gave a ton of inside info. I think they probably heard that he posted about the sling in the playroom and put the word out to ALL their friends that it had to stop. Casual Friend really was a friend to Anderson fans.
- Yes I agree with you R125 Casual Friend, I mean collaborative fisction really gave us insight into the world of mental illness and how it's very important to take your meds. Psychosis is no laughing matter.
- So AC did cover the Tyler Clementine verdict afterall. I'm surprised.
I'm not surprised R124. AC has covered this story since it broke. What I am surprised about is he tweeted about the dead soldier pictures being used on a dating website and the rest of the subject matters on his show tonite but he wouldn't tweet about the Tyler Clementi story even though it was the lead story. Odd!
- Hes very selective about what he chooses to tweet when promoting both of his shows. Sometimes he seems less enthusiastic about certain topics like Clementi or other gay issues. He'd rather stick to a safe topic like the troops.
I miss Casual Friend. He was way more interesting than the dumb arguments that have been happening here lately.
- Friday's Anderson doesn't look too bad, he's having on Jon Hamm and his gray haired doppelganger John Slattery.
- Maybe CF is not longer a friend, or even an acquaintance.
- Of course our resident delusional Cesarfrau (R127) and her pal the Daytime Emmy troll (R92/R99/R125) are skeptical of CF, even though his info turned out to be totally legit (he predicted the Cuba trip before anyone knew where AC and Ben were, as well as the Christmas staycation). Oddly enough, these very same people are quick to embrace any piece of "gossip" that gets posted here linking Anderson or Ben to someone else as the absolute truth, regardless of how flimsy the evidence behind such stories is. Hmm, I wonder why this double standard? Could it be because CF didn't have anything negative to say about AC and Ben's relationship, other than describing it as stable and loving? Bingo!
- How come I'm not surprised, R131? I actually wonder if CF stopped posting because he got sick of having to prove himself over and over to those nuts who kept doubting his legitimacy. I wish he would just ignore their cackling and come back, because he was the real deal.
- Poor guy on twitter keeps tweeting Anderson about being discriminated against because he's gay and asking AC for help and AC keeps ignoring him. He said, "I thought you were for gay rights?" I tweeted to the guy that Ac isn't an advocate just a T.V. personality and couldn't really careless unless he can profit from it. Poor guy tho, Ac continues to ignore the guy and other people's gay tweets.
- Any sightings or pictures of Anderson and Ben since Oscar weekend?
- I'm sure they've been out and about, but I haven't seen many sightings of them recently. But that doesn't mean anything, they haven't broken up.
R133, AC doesn't want to be a role model for gays.
- I was blocked by AC yesterday for encourgaing him to come out. He's really serious about the not coming out thing or being a role model for young gay people. Besides doing rare stories on AC360 he wants the word gay not even to appear. he won't even say the word gay unless he's doing a story. He's a closeted man, who's hell bent on staying that way. My guess is to impress conservatives.
- Thanks for your opinion 135.
I just asked if there had been any sightings and/or pictures since Oscar weekend. Since you didn't link any, I'll take that as a no.
- I see our resident looney tunes are back. R131,R132,R133 did you forget to take your meds today?
Do you know the definiton of insanity? Doing or in your case saying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
This is you my dear.
Lucy Wang and CF went out on a date last night.
- AC has done more stories about the gay community on AC360 than any of the other journalist out there gay or straight including Rachael. He's not perfect by a long shot but you have to give credit where credit is due.
- I can't say I blame Anderson for blocking crazy fraus like R136 who harass him by posing as concerned gay men on Twitter.
- R133 & R136: let me clarify your comments: Anderson does not want to be known as a gay man. He won't say it. So in his mind, why ask him for advice or help?
- AC and probably Ben sighting on Tumblr. There aren't many of them lately, but they're still together.
Sounds like they were near David Barton gym.
[quote]Spotted: Anderson Cooper
23rd and 8th. (With boyfriend?)
- Kind of an interesting "sighting" since Anderson had a talk show taping this morning and was tweeting about today's talk show at the same time as the sighting.
Wonder why the "with boyfriend?" - don't people recognize Ben by now if they know Anderson has a boyfriend?
- AC blocking people for asking him for help and coming out is not surprising. He seems extremely sensitive about the whole "gay" thing. It must be very stressful to keep hiding that part of his life and get flustered whenever its asked.
- [quote]Wonder why the "with boyfriend?" - don't people recognize Ben by now if they know Anderson has a boyfriend?
Not everyone follows his personal life and they don't know anything about Ben.
- This thread just doesn't have the oomph or pace of a typical AC thread.
Is he losing his DL Mojo?
- I agree R144 he is hell bent on hiding the gay part of his life from the public. He makes it seem like it's so dirty or unspeakable to be gay, not the right type of message.
- If his "mojo" is gone R146, it's because there's never any gossip about him because he's settled down with one person and is living a boring, married life now. There's really nothing to talk about.
- Jesus Christ people, GET A GRIP!!!
In somewhat related (but not really) I toured the Biltmore last week, which was awesome.
- "Wonder why the "with boyfriend?" - don't people recognize Ben by now if they know Anderson has a boyfriend?"
Not everybody is an obsessed Anderfrau like you, R143!
- R143 The person AC was with could have been someone AC works with, his assisitant Joey, one of his guy friends, or could have been Ben. We will never know since there wasn't a picture taken.
"any gossip about him because he's settled down with one person and is living a boring, married life now."
Boring married life my ass. Theres not any gossip about AC because he wants it that way. He keeps all of his men on a very short rope. None of them will talk ill about him in public because money is power and AC has a lot of it. AC is seen who he wants to be seen with and right now that's women.
- If he was going to the gym, he was with Ben. He doesn't work out with anyone but him.
You are wrong R151, he is settled down with Ben and there is nothing to gossip about because they are a committed couple living a quiet life together and he wants to keep that part of his life away from the public eye in order to protect his relationship.
- R151, if AC really wanted to be seen with women as you brazenly claim, then he wouldn't be going to the gym with Ben. His alleged beard Kelly Ripa is a gym addict, yet Anderson doesn't work out with her. How come he keeps going with Ben if he really only wants to be seen with women? Your little theory doesn't hold up.
- Re 146 and AC losing his DL Mojo. Meet 150, 152 and 153, the reason for this... All the Anderson DL threads get taken over by his "fans" who only want to believe that he and Ben are married, living a committed life, always together, etc. They are quick to call anyone who poses a logical question or opposing opinion "wrong" or a "frau" etc. Apparently they are all close personal friends of Ben's and Anderson's since they know everything about their relationship.
- [quote]Apparently they are all close personal friends of Ben's and Anderson's since they know everything about their relationship.
I think you're right. I think they're still together even without photos. I know they're in love. I know they're meant for each other. I think they are enjoying life in the firehouse. I know they have found eternal happiness.
- Even without photos, I believe that AC and Ben have broken up and that Anderson has been involved with Ethan/Carey/Josh/etc... I also believe in Lucy Wong's thoughtful predictions and wise warnings.. I think AC and Ben are now just fuck buddies, if that. I'm also convinced that Ben is a racist gold digging Satanist who drinks baby blood every morning while taking a piss on a crucifix. I know his damned soul will burn in Hell for eternity while Anderson enjoys the bliss of everlasting celestial life with his soulmate Cesar in Heaven.
- R156 nailed it, that was hilarious!
- "Apparently they are all close personal friends of Ben's and Anderson's since they know everything about their relationship."
They are friends with AC in there heads. The voices in their heads just won't stop. This is why you see the back to back post everytime someone says anything different from what they are saying. It's rather entertaining. They are trying to SELL us on a relationship that doesn't exist if AC has his way and it's apparent he's having his way because no one has pics to back up their claims.
- I see the openly closeted anchor was pushing Romeny's adgenda yesterday bascially saying, Santorum doesn't have a chance at the nomination. I think AC has made it clear who he's rooting for in this election year.
- You're right R158, no one has any pic to back up their claim that AC and Ben have broken up and are seeing other people. However, there are plenty of pics of Anderson and Ben together taken over the years proving that they are indeed a couple.
Wait, that's not what you were trying to say when you mentioned people with voices in their heads? But how come there are zero pics of AC and Ethan, or AC and Carey, or AC and Josh???? If those fantasy romances are more than voices in someone's head, then actual photos should be fairly easy to produce, don't you think? I know a quick Google search will turn up quite a lot of Benderson pics.
- R158 believes in Lucy Wong!
- R159, Anderson and the majority of anchors/reporters on CNN are all pushing for Romney, it's clear in how they constantly bash President Obama and overlook Romney's lies, flip-flops and obvious problems with the conservative base. They want an Obama-Romney match-up because they think Romney can beat Obama and they're hoping to see Obama go down as a "failed" one-term president. Candy Crowley, John King, Dana Bash, David Gergen, Gloria Borger and Anderson couldn't be more clear about their motivations and who they support. Romney, who's seen as one of the worst candidates in history by most people, is seen as a God on CNN.
- From ACAnderFan's LJ:
[i]Has anyone seen the previews for Thursday's episode of the talk show? what is Anderson's deal with kids with diseases that NO ONE has ever heard of? Instead of focusing on stuff that has no bearing on anyones life why doesn't he focus on common diseases that affect many children and not just one here and there. He could be doing a greater service by talking about something that affects many people and just the very few.[/i]
This person does have a point. Why does Anderson keep focusing on these obscure diseases no one has ever heard of.
- because he realizes that people need to know more about the world then what other people on t.v. always tells us.
Some people are interested in LEARNING and not just RE-LISTENING to things they already know.
- [quote]Some people are interested in LEARNING
Some people are interested in LEARNING why Anderson Cooper is so ashamed of being gay.
- Here's a clip of Anderson slow dancing with a 90 year old lady. He'll dance on camera as long as it's a old grandma. He barely danced with Kathy Griffin on one of their New Year's shows. And of course he'd never be seen dancing with a guy.
- He seems obsessed with old women and little girls.
- R161 You ARE Lucy Wong, CF, and the other voices that parade around in your pathetic little head. Whichever one decides to come out is the one we have to be exposed too for the moment. Tell Lucy I said hello and that her orange chicken with fried rice she cooked last nice was absolutely marvelous darling.
Anderson your long lost son
- R162 I'm not trying to defend AC but it does look like he has eased up on all the Obama bashing lately (within the past couple of weeks). Folks must have started to complain and tune out.
- There may be less Obama bashing, but AC and his colleagues are still trying to push Romney. AC's always bringing up how Romney's "electability" is the bottom line and that getting rid of President Obama should supercede any misgivings that the tea party/evangelical/conservative base voters have about Romney. Romney's trying to buy the election and CNN is trying to force their viewers into believing that Romney is superior to President Obama. Anderson asked one of Obama's people if Team Obama is "scared" of Romney. Give me a break. He also was quick to call President Obama a "flip-flopper" because he is taking SuperPac money now but he NEVER calls Romney that and he's THE biggest flip flopper in this entire campaign but AC pretends like that's not the case and it's the President who's somehow in the wrong.
- Looks like Anderson and Ben are lasting longer as a couple than his hetero CNN colleagues John King and Dana Bash. Their fairytale marriage has imploded. I saw Dana the other night and she looked grim and unhappy.
- Anderson seemed to be foaming at the mouth on his tweets about Romney's win last night. He could tell he was excited. "Romney winning in Ill huge!" He is really into this ANTIGAY guy isn't he?
- Right R172, and some of the pundits were saying Romney's win wasn't that big at all, but AC is gung-ho about pushing Romney. He really hates President Obama and whenever he talks to an Obama staffer, he's very abrupt and cold, but he'll fawn all over a homophobe right winger like that little twerp Ralph Reed, it's really sickening to watch. All Anderson cares about is his money. His contempt for Democrats and the President is so obvious.
- Not so fast 271. John and Dana made their relationship public in the summer of 2007. Not saying Anderson and Ben won't last longer, but they've got a couple of years to do to catch up to John and Dana, let alone last longer.
- Oh they'll last R174, I think Anderson's done looking for good, they are a perfect couple.
- AC said that people come up to him all the time on the street and in restaurants filiming him and trying to take his pic. Where are all of those things? I would imagine that Ben would scare them all away.
- "Right [R172], and some of the pundits were saying Romney's win wasn't that big at all, but AC is gung-ho about pushing Romney. He really hates President Obama and whenever he talks to an Obama staffer, he's very abrupt and cold, but he'll fawn all over a homophobe right winger like that little twerp Ralph Reed, it's really sickening to watch."
He can push Romney all he wants but when the general election comes around and all the sane people start to vote and give their opinions we all know Obama will win again. I can definitely see AC flip flopping to the other side (Obama) in a few months when all of his celebrity co-horts begin to weigh in. MARK my words.
- R176 when did Anderson say that? Was it on his day time show?
- Yes it was on his daytime show today.
Wow AC was so furious with one of Santorum's campaign people on the show just now. He's so pissed that they won't ease up on his beloved Mittens and just hand him the nomination without any more fighting. He couldn't be more transparent with his Romney favoritism. Disgusting.
- AC is outraged over the Treyvon Martin murder. He's covered it for the past few days and dedicated half his show to the case today. He will also have the young man's parents on his daytime show tomorrow. I will be watching. I respect him for reporting on stories like this.
- He has been doing good with the Trayvon vase but he shouldn't have given Zimmerman's friend a platform to basically blame the victim and make excuses for murder.
- What happened to the other AC thread?
- Shows for next week.
Monday, March 26
Extreme Sleep Disorders, & Kristin Chenoweth
Tuesday, March 27
Can Arranged Marriages Really Work? Plus, New Documentary 'Bully'
Wednesday, March 28
'American Idol' Castoff, Long Island Medium, & Niecy Nash
Thursday, March 29
Renegade Moms, & Kristen Johnston
Really catered to fraus/soccer moms huh?
- Monday and Tuesday's shows interest me because of the sleep disorders topic and the Bully doc. I don't care about Idol castoffs, I've never watched that show and the last castoff he had on from there was a bore. The shows are all about TLC or Discovery programs. Can't they come up with their own ideas for the show at all?
- But how many other shows have sleeping disorders topics and bullying? He's done those shows before and nothing to add to them... his show is such a bore.
- I don't remember him doing a sleeping disorder show and I think the bullying topic is important, but I wish he'd expand his horizons and explore more sophisticated/adult subjects. He told Ryan Seacrest that he's very interested in sleep and always has been and on that, I'm with him because I have trouble sleeping. He avoids talking about relationships.
- [quote]He avoids talking about relationships.
Does anyone know the real reason for this?
- Probably because he doesn't want to be drawn into a discussion where someone might ask him aboiut his own relationship. And he can't speak convincingly about
male/female relationships because that's a foreign world that he knows nothing about. It would just be awkward.
- They're shutting down all the AC threads again.
- If they're shutting down all AC threads, why is this thread still online?
- Geez, even a thread about the "missing" other kids ends up ignoring them in favour of talking about AC.
- R190, it's the title. It doesn't have his name, that's why it's still here but the webby will catch on soon enough, or an AC hater will blab and get this shutdown too.
R191, all AC threads, even the ones about others in his family end up being about him and his life, that's because we have to take what we can get because we're not allowed to talk about AC on DL.
- [quote]webby will catch on soon enough
So you think webby is totally stupid and doesn't have the slightest idea that a thread with Gloria Vanderbilt's name is not going to turn into an AC thread? Do you really want to accuse webby of being a total ninny, r192?
- No the webby is not stupid R193, but he's not always paying attention and sometimes something like this will slip by. He could've shut this yesterday along with the other two AC threads he closed, but he didn't and I think it's mainly because the name "Anderson Cooper" is not in the title. I'm just saying that this one won't last long. Too bad we couldn't get some good AC/Ben gossip before it's deleted.
- Anderson's in Baltimore today working on a 60 Minutes story.
- So far Anderson's lost two of his best 360 producers to the CBS Early Show where Erica works now. I wonder if AC360 is on its way out soon, his staff seems to be jumping ship.
- I wouldn't be surprised if 360 is on its way out. It will probbaly stay on the air through the election but after that I would not be surprised if its gone. Anderson may end up losing both shows. The ratings for his daytime show are pretty stagnant.
- I doubt 360 is going anywhere, R197. It's still CNN's highest rated show, and Anderson is the network's biggest draw. They would be foolish to let him go.
- I wish Anderson would leave CNN, I hate watching it now because it's become too right wing. He could lose both shows but he's not hurting for money, but he does have an ego and that would be severely bruised. He was on a radio show the other day and the host said AC's daytime show was a big hit but I could tell he didn't mean it and was sort of being sarcastic, but AC went along with it talking about how it's been renewed and the big stars he's been able to snag, but they both know the truth about the show.
- Both of his shows aren't doing all that great. His night show comes in 3rd or 4th place nightly and his daytime show avearges 1.4 medicore ratings. It was renewed but many critics wondered why when it was back in November when it was renewed.
- I guess Anderson and Ben will be on vacation next week? There are no Anderson tapings scheduled and AC360 is airing a special on race all next week. He could still be working, but I doubt it, he and Ben usually take a vacation in April.
- Vacation time. R201
- April, then one or two vacations in the summer.
- I wonder what part of the world AC will be hiding in when he takes his vacation next week?
Cuba here I come!
- Usually someone will spot them wherever they go in the world and tweet or blog about it. I wonder if they'll have someone staying at the firehouse to watch over it while they're gone.
- Anderson said something on the show today about how he wouldn't trust his mother to find him a mate and it sounded like he said or was about to say more on that but of course he makes sure the interesting bits that might reveal something about him is edited out and that's what makes his show so boring. He won't open up, he's too guarded and overly concerned about not saying anything personal. He can't break down that wall.
- AC has a state of the art security system so if he does go away on vacation there will be no need for him to hire someone to watch over his home, maybe his dog but not his house.
- I saw some cameras on top of the firehouse garage. Seems like a dodgy neighborhood.
- "Dodgy neighborhood"??? Hardly. The firehouse is located just a block away from Washington Square, one of NYC's loveliest parks.
- The street they're on looks a little tacky though, I remember some New Yorker's on Curbed kind of mocking the area when it was first announced that AC was moving there. But of course I do know that Washington Square is great. Come to think of it, West 38th didn't look so hot either, but I guess none of that matters once you get inside of a fabulously decorated apartment.
- AC has lived in that general vicinity since he SE days. Probably 15 years now.
- That is the area where the lesbos, in a drunken stupor tried to beat up the McDonalds employee. I think it's just a few doors down across the street.
- It is a dodgy area because that neighborhood is full of NYU students, tourists, and the thugs that hang around that McDonalds, the W 4th St. subway station and the tattoo and bong shops on 6th Ave. It's not a great residential area by any means, despite the proximity of the park, but if you're looking for a cheap bar or touristy restaurant you'll be just fine. Il Mulino is the exception, along with Minetta Tavern and now Perla.
- [quote]the W 4th St. subway station
I think I've seen this station during the opening theme of the Louis CK show (he's coming out of that station) and the area he's walking around in looks a little grimy and nasty and not exactly upscale.
I just read about Perla the other day on Gothamist and was wondering if AC and Ben will hit that up too, they seem to go to all the restaurants in that area.
- AC finally talked about gay rights on his show today. The day before his vacation but Ill take it.
- That segment was supposed to be aired on Wednesday night, but it got bumped. Julian Bond is a good man and he's right, NOM should be called out for trying to exploit the tensions between African Americans and gays. I guess NOM doesn't think there are any black gays in the world.
- Vacation time getting ready for the Easter Bunny.
- AC's ratings are not very good. Expect his 8 pm show to be cancelled. The 10 pm repeated broadcast numbers are slightly better, so he might be moved to a later slot. But in primetime, he's finished. His salary is not warranted, so expect that to be adjusted as well.
- Why would AC be at the Carmen Miranda Museum?
- If that's in Brazil R219, it's because he and Ben are vacationing in Brazil now.
- #219 Was there an AC sighting at the Carmen Miranda Museum today? He's been spotted in Sao Paulo from Friday thru last night, but maybe moved on to Rio for a few days?
Any mention of Ben being with him? Up until now, sightings have only mentioned AC. I would assume Ben is with, but no mention of him yet.
- Lay low, the time will come back around.
- Jacked form another thread.
R418 According to one of AC360's interns, Anderson will not speak again about being gay. In a meeting he was asked if he would speak of it on 360 and he stated he has said all he is going to say and won't speak of it anymore.
"When AC came back. He came to the show's editorial meeting and asked the staff if they had any questions. None except from one of our senior producers. Would he address it on the show? He said no. He said he had said everything he had to say."
So he isn't going to speak of it if anyone interviews him and asks? Is he yet again going to say he doesn't talk about his personal life?
I sort of thought his email would be the only time he ever spoke of being gay. I wouldn't be shocked if he never addressed it again.
This kind of puts a kabosh on the "I'm in love and with Ben" magazine spread some think will happen!
Looks like AC won't ever be talking about his love life again. First the "ceremony" which was not a wedding is called off and now this. Sounds liek SOMEONE is trying to pressure him but he's not bulging.
- ..........and by the way. You all would be surprised to find out WHO really trolls and creates these Anderson Cooper threads, I mean really really SURPRISED and it ain't the webby!Just pay very close attention to the benderfrau and "multiples".
- I think he was tired of all the closet-case talk and wanted to put an end to that, but he hasn't changed, he's a VERY private person when it comes to who he's dating or involved with and unless he does a 180 on that and starts talking about Ben on his show, he's not going to change. I do hope he hasn't given up on doing gay-related stories though.
- I honestly think the pressure had gotten to him. I mean how can you hide your sexuality when the president "comes out" to support same sex marriage?
It does make me wonder that it may well could have been a publicity stunt to up his ratings because even though he's "out" he continues to not acknowledge his rumored partner. He has not confessed his love for his partner and from the looks of it he NEVER will acknowledge him.
- Well he finally came out, so maybe he'll surprise us again and talk about Ben one day too.
- [quote] I mean how can you hide your sexuality when the president "comes out" to support same sex marriage?
Robin Roberts is still managing it, and the president came out in support of same sex marriage TO HER. Also rolling along with no sign of change are Shep Smith, David Muir, and so on.
I think it was likly just some combination of psychological readiness, life stage, relationship factors, social progress, and social conscience coming together and deciding him on the timing. He's spent years proving himself highly resistant to outside pressure when it came to personal revelations, and he came out in a very deliberate, considered way to a friend not crumbling under grilling from some aggressive interviewer.
- [quote] It does make me wonder that it may well could have been a publicity stunt to up his ratings because even though he's "out" he continues to not acknowledge his rumored partner. He has not confessed his love for his partner and from the looks of it he NEVER will acknowledge him.
This is crazy talk. Being out does not produce ratings - if it did Rosie and Nate Berkus's shows wouldn't have been total ratings disasters and now cancelled. Anderson also stayed away from TV during the week of his coming out and unlike many hasn't done any sort of publicity appearances or interviews about his coming out.
There is no reason to think he'll never acknowledge Ben - people have said lots of similarly over dramatic things about Anderson never coming out and that was wrong.
He doesn't have to talk about his dating life to accomplish the goals he spoke of in his email, and gay media has been assuring him since forever that coming out is what's important and he wouldn't be expected to share his dating life if he doesn't feel like it. There have been gay celebs like Luke Macfarlane who said they were willing to talk about their sexuality but not their dating life, and others who have waited until a good deal later after coming out to discuss their relationships. Besides if Anderson DID start publicizing his relationship now he would get a whole bunch of nasty conspiracy comments about how it showed the coming out must be to promote himself and his bf.
I haven't seen these sorts of attacks on celebs like Luke when they came out without mentioning who they're dating. I think it's only being made an issue of here that Anderson hasn't immediately thrown open his relationship because of intense obsessing on Benderson which Anderson would be (or is) probably uncomfortable with and in some cases creeped out by.
If he really is getting married he'll probably try to keep things extra low key until it happens to throw off the media as much as possible. I don't fancy him as the Kim K or Star Jones promotional wedding type. If he gets married you can bet some future interviewers will make some reference to him having a husband. Marriage is public and official in a way dating isn't.
- If anyone can hide a marriage, it's probably Anderson. Janet Jackson was married for nearly a decade and no one knew it. AC could do the same if he's so inclined. I think Anderson is just naturally reserved when it comes to his love life and I'm not sure he'd ever be comfortable making any mention of it in the future, but I wish he was willing to talk about why he fell in love with Ben and what makes him special to him and I don't mean his physical attributes, but on a deeper level, what appealed to him and what about Ben has changed Anderson the way some have said here.
- [quote]3 ac threads shut yesterday, webbies watching again
The troll-dar option spawned a whole new type of poster at DL - the Troll-dar Troll.
Troll-dar Trolls in the Benderson threads have moved it up to a new level - Troll-dar Liars.
They'll post a message stating a list of things a previous poster has written in another thread. But -- if you go to that thread, you'll find the Troll-dar Troll made it all up.
- Or there is the simple explanation: That there are too many fucking Anderson Cooper threads already.
- One thread is ok and that's how it was until someone posted a bunch of them.
- When the Benderson Fraus start posting quotes from angel88 and anderbanter, you can start the countdown to the thread being deleted. They accuse people of stalking AC, yet they appear to be the real stalkers and troll-dar trolls.
- I am perfectly willing to NEVER talk about those people R234 because they don't interest me in the slightest. I just want gossip on AC. That's it, that's all.
- Wyatt Cooper was gay as a goose.
- David Muir is not gay . . . even though he may appear to be.
Friend of mine worked with him when he was at WCVB-TV/Channel 5 in Boston, prior to being hired by ABC in NY, and he was definitely into chicks.
Same station had two gay weathermen at the time . . . but not David Muir.
- Anderson looks like a queer albino.
- Gloria says Wyatt Cooper was the love of her life, so why would she marry a gay man? She LOVES men.
- r237: Hello, David!
Working to keep that closet opaque, huh?
- R239: She probably married him because she thought he was handsome, not for the sex. Gloria cheated on Wyatt just like she cheated on all of her husbands so Wyatt wasn't needed for the sex. They probs just fucked twice, hence the 2 kids, and there is no doubt that Anderson is Wyatt's son.
- How do we know she cheated?
- If he was gay and they both knew that and they weren't having sex together then I don't think it can really be called cheating, r241.
- Maybe Wyatt was Bi and Gloria had no problem with him getting a little action on the side, from his boy toys.
r242 It's well known about Gloria sleeping around on her husbands. Her son Chris came from an affair while she was married to Leopold Stokowski. Supposedly his dad is one of the Rockefellers. Though she never admitted that to Chris til later and he totally disowned her and has had nothing to do with her for ages.
And wasn't it Truman Capote who stated that Gloria cheated on Wyatt? And also stated that right before Wyatt's death he was planning on divorcing her but was afraid of the boys being left with her because she wasn't a good mom.
- R223 Why do you keep posting that? I mean for three previous threads you posted that. AC has come out ok, if he never says it word about being gay again it DOESN'T change that he admitted to being gay. You make it seem like he has to keep talking about it, for what? HE addressed it and moved on. Who wants to keep hearing someone over and over repeat their straight or gay. What he said was enough and he couldn't have put better words to it. Despite what you may think R223 not everyone thinks their sexuality is the most important thing in the world. AC is a reporter and talk show host not a reality T.V. star selling his private life. In your mind I guess if he doesn't talk about being gay then he's going back into the closet??? Get a life please...
- OP, if you were a normal person and not a Datalounger, you would realize 99.99999% of the US population does not think about Anderson Cooper 24/7.
- Tomorrow is Carter Cooper's suicide anniversary.
- R223 Is a total NUTJOB! Scary frau...
- Gloria probably would've still been with Wyatt to this day. I wonder how he would've reacted to AC being gay, Gloria loves AC to death.
- [quote]Gloria loves AC to death.
Gloria also loved Carter to death.
- Carter would still be alive today if Wyatt lived for much longer.
- I wonder which one would've been more successful, Carter or AC? The descriptions of Carter by his dad and AC make him out to be an exceptionally unique and special person, someone very intelligent and creative. Ben is born on the same day as Carter which is a little strange.
- R252: Anderson wouldn't have gotten to the high profile position he has now had Carter lived or Wyatt. Both of the boys may have had careers but also ended up on the social scene as well, with their pictures appearing in the social events in the Sunday issue of the New York Times.
- [quote] I do hope he hasn't given up on doing gay-related stories though.
AC's latest tweet says he flew to DC for amfar which is the openingof the International Aids conference. Maybe he'll be doing a story on that.
- r254 According to several photogs who were photographing the AMFAR red carpet all of the stars walked the red carpet then stood and took questions from a gaggle of press at the end of the carpet.
All did that EXCEPT for Anderson. They said he walked the red carpet then ran past the press and did not say one word to them.
It seems he doesn't want to talk at all about him coming out as gay.
Here is one tweet about it.
@mklavers81 @andersoncooper just walked the red carpet. Rushed into the event without talking with assembled press #gay #dc
- R255 You find one tweet and that translates to "several photogs" or were you working the event and if you were, what else can you tell us?
- r256 There were more than just this one tweet by photogs describing Anderson's actions.
I was keeping up with the Amfar tweets to see pictures and what was happening at the event. @mklavers81 was tweeting a lot from the event so I saved his Twitter acct. so I could go back to it later. That is the only reason I have this one tweet to add here.
I did not even think of adding any of it here until I came to check in around 10PM and saw the conversation about Anderson talking or not talking about him being gay or other gay stories. That is when I thought of the AMFAR happening and decided to add it here.
The red carpet started at 5PM so that was awhile back and I did not want to search through all the tweets to find the others. I figured this one would be enough. If not then sorry! Not trying to lie just telling what I saw on Twitter.
- They're the tops
They're for wealthy daddies
They're the jeans with social status
...the jeans that fit
When you stand or sit
They don't stop
Because Gloria Vanderbilt bottoms are the tops!
- Thanks for tip-off about the anniversary of Carter's death today, R247. There's an In Memoriam in today's NY Times: Cooper - Carter V. January 27th, 1965-July 22nd, 1988. Golden and true, Mom and Anderson.
- Love the tune R258
- AC tweeted about Carter:
[quote]Anderson Cooper 24 years ago today my brother Carter died. It is still hard to believe and hard to understand.
They still don't know why he did it.
- Gloria Vanderbilt did not lose custody of Stan and Chris. She won that case.
Stan is still close to everyone, he's just extremely, extremely private and that's why GV and Anderson take care not to mention him or his children in public. He was freaked out by one of Anderson's stalkers years ago because he tried to hit up family members for information. If someone was stalking my kid brother and trying to pry information out of my elderly mother and teenage daughters, I'd be freaked out, too.
- [quote]AC tweeted about Carter
Is AC the guy who doesn't want to focus on personal things?
- He and his mother have always talked about Carter. The only personal stuff Anderson doesn't talk about is who he dates.
- r255 he only just came out publicly and he said what he wanted to say quite thoroughly. It's been pretty obvious he wants minimum fuss, and giving comments to the press would create and prolong fussing.
It doesn't mean he'll never talk about being gay, but if he does it'll probably be later and not to reporters who are hungry strangers trying to make a headline out of a few moments with him on a red carpet.
- R32, you really made me laugh for some reason.
- [quote] The only personal stuff Anderson doesn't talk about is who he dates.
Most celebrities with discretion treat their dating life information differently than information about their relatives. Familial relationships are way more stable and talking about one is not liable to cause a ton of media pressure and fracture the relationship. Gushing about your brother and your bond to him doesn't leave you open to later humiliation when those words are recalled in a torrid break up with him or in the case of him finding a new brother to leave you for.
- R267, just to be clear, I didn't post the comment that you highlighted because I thought there was something wrong with what AC was doing, I agree with your points about him.
- [quote] It's well known about Gloria sleeping around on her husbands.
There has been some rumors, but it's not established. Her first husband was violently abusive and her second was a controlling old man. It isn't clear whether Sidney Lumet and/or Gloria played around in their marriage, but Sidney was fond enough of her after the divorce that they rekindled their relationship for a while after Wyatt's death.
[quote] Her son Chris came from an affair while she was married to Leopold Stokowski. Supposedly his dad is one of the Rockefellers. Though she never admitted that to Chris til later and he totally disowned her and has had nothing to do with her for ages.
That's only been speculation, but it might be true. However, Chris didn't just cease contact with Gloria, he ceased it with the entire family.
[quote] And wasn't it Truman Capote who stated that Gloria cheated on Wyatt?
No, he didn't. If she'd been cheating and Truman knew it (which he likely would have as a long time member of her social circle and a huge accomplished gossip), Truman would have spilled that when he was publicly lashing out against Gloria after he'd become a social pariah.
He tried his best to hurt her, publicly saying after Wyatt's death Gloria has a daddy complex Wyatt found a turn off during sex and that Gloria, Anderson and Carter had essentially killed off Wyatt following his first heart attack. He declared it was Wyatt's worry over leaving his cherished boys alone with just Gloria that killed him. He didn't say Wyatt considered her a bad mother, just that Wyatt was totally devoted to his two boys and didn't consider Gloria responsible enough to be entrusted with them alone. Truman said Wyatt was desperate to live for another ten years to see Carter and Anderson into adulthood and the worrying over that killed him. Of course, Truman was well known for exaggeration, he was aiming to cause pain, Wyatt had already had one heart attack and his family had a history of dying very young from heart disease, and Truman and his long time partner Jack always seemed to attribute every death to emotional state. Jack claimed Tennessee Williams's bf's terminal cancer was caused by the unhappiness of living in Tennessee's shadow.
- Anderson tweeted about Carter today. I don't think he has done that before. He must want attention.
- Don't mean to jinx it, but has the Benderfrau FINALLY been banned from the DL!?
I see there are no rantings from her about the AMFAR thing last night and Ben being there with AC even though no pictures show that.
If she's blocked I'm in shock! About damn time!
- He gets a mountain of attention from his twitter followers when he says what TV show he's watching or asks advice for dealing with the sniffles, r270. He has no need to bring up dead relatives for that purpose.
His brother died today. He probably mentioned it because naturally it's on his mind.
- It's not about him getting attention R270, he's always talked about Carter, nothing new, so what if he tweets it.
- I think he's probably in Aurora following that story. Naturally when you're covering stories of senseless death it reminds you of other senseless deaths that affected you personally such as a brother's suicide. Also it was the anniversary of his death.
- r274 AC is not in Aurora. He is still in DC.
Several people tweeted about seeing him in DC and tweeted pics of him. Another guy said he saw him at McDonald's in DC.
He's not going back to Aurora until tomorrow, he tweeted that.
- This is where I'm torn about our boy, Anderson. I think there's a huge disconnect about his choice of "keeping his private life private" when he exploits the story of his brother's suicide for gain. By gain, I mean TV ratings and ad dollars. Sure, it's one thing to talk about it, but it's another thing entirely, when you've got a talk show and you feature the story over and over and over again for what reason? The great good. No, he has a talk show, so it's for ratings and ad dollars. And then he turns around and says he won't talk about his private life. Why does he think he can get away with having it both ways?
- It's his life and his show, he can have it both ways.
- [quote]It's his life and his show, he can have it both ways.
And his ratings clearly demonstrate the result of doing it his way.
- r276 "private life" means "dating life" and "sexual realtionships" for most celebrities including straight celebrities.
He features stuff on the talk show that is significant to him. The early tragic deaths of half his family is understandably significant to his life, and having multiple shows on dealing with personal loss is certainly not the ticket to big ratings and the young audiences advertisers want.
He's also had the topic of picky eating on the show multiple times. It's something that interests him. That one isn't a ratings winner to keep bringing up either since daytime talk show hosts are supposed to make you feel like you want to keep them as your close pal, not like they would be a drag to go out to lunch with.
- R275 If you check the tweets, there's lots of stuff like this: "Proud of ch planter Ryan Heller and Edge Ch in Aurora, CO ...They'll be on CNN Anderson/Cooper 2night”
His show says live AC 360 tonight from Aurora Colorado.
He's in Aurora today to do his show.
- He's still on the air regardless of ratings, see.
The rumored-to-be-gay Tyson Beckford seems overly excited about meeting AC:
[quote]tysoncbeckford @andersoncooper and me,damn good looking man! Very nice guy.
- His talk show had the highest ratings of any of last years new talk shows and it maintains higher ratings than some other daytime talk shows like Wendy Williams that continue to be renewed.
It's also obvious what needs to change. They need a female co-host. A woman, preferably a mother, who can relate to the mostly female audience so Anderson can be freed up from that and can help keep things fun and keep Anderson loose.
- Anderson is not in Aurora! I don't care what twitter says. Pictures do not lie! And Anderson himself said he will be back there tomorrow, not tonight.
This guy has several pics of him and a friend in DC with Anderson.
There are several others who tweeted pics of them with Anderson in DC also. When I find them I'll add them too.
- I don't know about the Benderfrau, but it looks like the Gavinfrau was finally banned from DL. I haven't read any comment about Gavin in a while. Hopefully the crazy person who kept bringing him up is gone for good.
- If there's some interesting news about AC and Ben in the future, I'm certain it will be talked about. I think someone is trying to stir the pot on the fairly pleasant conversation we were having here. There's no reason to not talk about AC and Ben if something comes up.
- Ben at the amfar event last night.
- Ben's getting his drink on.
- @ishestradacnn In Aurora, CO w @nhallsworthcnn @DevnaCNN. Who were these victims? We will be w/ @andersoncooper tmrw night. @AC360
- I hope we see more pics of AC and Ben out together, I hope they loosen up about it now that AC's out.
- Daddy Wyatt makes an appearance in a biography of Dorothy Parker by John Keats:
"In his memoir, "Remembering Dorothy Parker," written for Esquire magazine, the screenwriter and New York magazine editor Wyatt Cooper said he was surprised when, one day in 1956, Alan Campbell, a man he barely knew, suddenly pleaded for his help.
"I have to go see Dottie, will you go with me?"
He said this as he and Mr. Cooper were leaving a party together, and Mr Cooper, who felt a bit wary of Alan, but who was strangely touched by the quality of despair in Alan's voice, hesitantly said yes."
Dorothy's husband, Alan Campbell, was suspected by many, including Dorothy, of being homosexual. Seems odd that Wyatt would go with a guy he barely knew and was kind of wary of, to visit his wife.
Of course, who wouldn't want to visit Dorothy Parker? Still, odd.
- r289 You didn't see any pics of Anderson with Ben. As usual Ben was kept hidden and Anderson acted as if he didn't even exist, if that is even him. There are pics of Anderson arriving and signing autographs, he got out of his car alone.
Funny there are no other pictures of Ben anywhere and there were hundreds of photographers and newspapers there to report on what went on. Spare me the he hid or doesn't want his pic taken bit, that's ridiculous. Can't hide from that many people.
Yet again Anderson acted as if he was alone, if that was Ben, hard to say. That says a lot in itself. Nothing has changed, Anderson has no intentions of being "looser" at all.
- So, what did Bill Gates have to say to Anderson's bartender boyfriend? Did they speak? Was Gates impressed with Ben?
- It doesn't matter what Anderson "acted" like, Ben was with him. Obviously they don't want any attention on their relationship, that's a clear fact. Anderson said in his coming out statement that he still wants a bit of privacy for himself and the people he's close to and that means Ben. Even George Clooney doesn't talk about the women he dates. I think AC and Ben have the right to do whatever makes them comfortable as far as keeping the spotlight off their relationship if that's what they want.
- [quote]...[bold]if[/bold] that's what [bold]they[/bold] want.
More of the Benderson Frau excuses. Never any facts to back up the frau fairytales. Same old story. No real gossip. I think... Maybe they... I'm sure... They probably...
- r292 Anderson did not even talk to the barmaid much less Bill! LMAO
Good one though! LOL
r293 You are hilarious!
I don't see George taking his women to events and then acting as if he doesn't even know them. He has taken A LOT of photos with every woman he has dated. Even walked the red carpet with them. Anderson doesn't do that because he is ashamed. Hell, he wouldn't even be caught near Ben at a damn crowded concert! LOL
- Doesn't matter what you think R295, the fact is they are together, try to spin that.
- What's up (down?) with his nipples?
- r297 It looks as if Anderson has those old man saggy breast! LOL
Only his arms seem to be fit, the rest is sort of puffy or saggy.
- Today is the 24th anniversary of Anderson's brother's suicide.
- So who was Anderson with after work on Friday night in Denver?
- I did see some tweets from people who said they saw AC in a bar in Colorado. Looks like he's got a beer in his hands and he's being mobbed.
- Why is Anderson still sitting at the table and reaching for a drink near Bill Gates and Ben is standing up drinking? Did Ben get up and move away from AC when he saw someone taking pics?
- Do they really matter?
- Bill Gates is very concerned about Anderson's nipple rings
- Ben was probably getting up expecting Bill Gates to come over and engage in deep conversation with him. How to solve the unemployment crisis, doing things like mastering the fine art of nabbing a wealthy partner to avoid having to work at all.
- Did anyone notice in this blog post that it says Anderson's handlers kept the media away from him. No doubt so they could not ask him any questions about him coming out as gay.
This fits right in with him walking the red carpet then running past the media and not talking to them.
It must also be why he stayed at his table all night and didn't mingle like the rest. Is he scared to have a face to face conversation about his sexuality? He still seems as if he is hiding, when he acts this way. He's even still making Ben act like a second class citizen and keep away from him at the benefit.
And yes, he was spotted at a bar at 4 PM Colorado time drinking. Of course the barmaid would be tagging along. Who do you think talks him into all the drinking and partying? Kind of ridiculous for a 45 yr old man to be hanging at bars with teenagers and twenty yr olds. Looks like that midlife crisis is in full swing. He's old enough to be the dad to all of them there! LOL
- r305 LMAO!!
No, Ben was probably getting up the nerve to go talk to Bill in hopes that he could turn him and have a new sugar daddy! After all, the main goal of a gold digger is to make it to the highest paid fool at the top of the ladder. Bill is loaded.
Watch out Mrs. Gates, your man is being stalked by a barmaid! LOL
- I must say, it's quite funny seeing Ben standing there all alone and no one wanting to talk to him. Ha Ha! He is taking a drink because he felt nervous and like a fool being there alone and being dissed! Hell, even Anderson is ignoring him.
He SO does not fit in at these types of events. But what kept ho does!?
- "He's even still making Ben act like a second class citizen and keep away from him at the benefit."
Of course, it is because Ben IS a second class citizen!!
Even porn star Harry Lewis looks much more comfortable out and about with Marc Jacobs than that aging golddigger Anderson is hooking up with (now).
- R309 Now is the operative word!
The only reason Ben is back in the picture is because he is the only one with no real job, so he can up and leave at the drop of a hat for free vacations. Anderson will yet again tire of him and start seeing other men like he has been all year.
This is definitely no great love affair. It's one if convenience!
- The Ben-haters are in a feeding frenzy today. I guess they're really pissed off since once again, Ben is on the scene while their precious Gavin continues to be M.I.A! It's always highly amusing to watch them try to spin a new Ben sighting.
- I noticed that too R311. It never fails, whenever a new pic of Ben turns up, the angry mob of delusional Anderfraus rise as if one person (is that a hint?) and start their hatchet job. I hope AC and Ben keep on being together just to piss them off.
- R306 The bar tweets were around 1am Colorado time, so stop making up lies to fit your little scenario. Ben was at Bedlam Friday night, so he hardly drug Anderson out to a bar. (There was a tweet or two from people who said they met Anderson's boyfriend at his bar Friday night.)
It was apparent from the photos posted of the event, that Ben was not seated next to Anderson at the dinner. He may have been across the table, but he wasn't near Anderson - so he didn't get up and move to dodge a photographer.
Anderson was sighted and photographed with other people Saturday night and again Sunday morning, so I don't think he's hiding.
Frankly, I don't think Ben has a problem being photographed, with or without Anderson in the picture. From what I've seen, Anderson seems to be the one with the problem posing for a photograph with Ben.
The sad thing about the press, is they were there to cover the amfAR gala and I'm sure they interviewed others about the event and/or their Aids work. You know their questions for Anderson would have been about him coming out. I'm guessing he didn't talk to them because he didn't want to be the story that night, but rather for the focus to be on the event/organization and the work they were doing.
I think if he talks about his coming out it will be on his talk show where he controls the situation. Time will tell.
- R311 and R312 have it right.
Did Bill Gates have a momentary man-crush on the Silver Fox? The article says he "mostly" wanted to talk to AC. Ben "tries" to stay out of camera range at these things, but sometimes it doesn't work and he still gets caught in the background. So the next time we all assume he's NOT with AC at one of these events, he just might be.
- [quote]Ben was probably getting up the nerve to go talk to Bill in hopes that he could turn him and have a new sugar daddy! After all, the main goal of a gold digger is to make it to the highest paid fool at the top of the ladder.
[quote]He SO does not fit in at these types of events. But what kept ho does!?
[quote]Even porn star Harry Lewis looks much more comfortable out and about with Marc Jacobs than that aging golddigger Anderson is hooking up with (now).
With so much scorn and hate thrown at Ben, one could be forgiven for thinking that he's a serial killer-rapist and baby murderer! Such vitriol is even more surprising considering how relatively low-key he is. It's not like he's some flashy Kardashian-type of personality. I wish the angry fraus would explain to us all why they harbor such resentment for the poor guy. They don't seem to realize that their constant, over-the-top nastiness is totally out of proportions with whatever they believe Ben is guilty of, and makes them sound seriously demented.
- Well r315, you certainly cannot accuse the Ben-hating Gavinfraus of being subtle. Their M.O. is pretty much as follow: deny, deny, deny, then when confronted with hard evidence (like a pic showing that Ben was in fact at the AmFAr event), attack, attack, attack. Rinse and repeat, ad nauseam. This has been going on for close to 4 years now, and they show no sign of slowing down. I've reached a point where I'm almost enjoying their little routine.
That said, I also would like to know why they hate Ben so much. Maybe one day they'll enlighten us with an explanation for their wacky behavior.
- So Ben was with AC at the event that's nice. But iot looked like he was out of place at the event. AC was doing his thing and Ben was well, just there.
- REally people like what else does anderson HAVE to stay?! Good grief he came out and quite frankly he doesn't have to say anything more about it than what he said in that well written, hearltfelt letter, full of hope and being proud. He doesn't and shouldn't have to say anymore. He came out now let's move on.
- No he doesn't have to say any more if he doesn't want to, but I hope he doesn't abandon gay issues on either of his shows. Thomas Roberts really covers a lot of gay topics on whatever program he's on at MSNBC.
- R306 The blog said this "Here's a funny contrast: working photographers, with serious camera muscle, got pushed back by handlers protecting Bill Gates and Anderson Cooper, while those of us with our iPhones were able to move in close."
STILL tryign to make it seem AC is "Hiding" when he isn't. Both of them were kept from the media not just Anderson.
- "Is AC the guy who doesn't want to focus on personal things?"
R263 AC will only talk about things that are important to him. Carter was important to him and that's why he tweeted about him, his mother is important to him, Ben is not. This is why he continues to keep Ben the bar maid tucked in his little pocket.
- "I haven't read any comment about Gavin in a while. Hopefully the crazy person who kept bringing him up is gone for good."
Gavin is probably in NY waiting for his piece to get back so that they can carry along as usual. You know AC is really good at keeping his fuck buddies at bay.
- I bet Ben loves that Anderson wants to protect his privacy and keep him out of the spotlight and keep their relationship just for themselves and not the public. Ben IS important to AC, after 3 years together? Of course he is. AC and his mom discussed Carter for years so that's always been public. AC and Ben have the right to keep their relationship just between themselves and not talking about it publicly if that's what they want.
- Don't mean to jinx it, but has the Benderfrau FINALLY been banned from the DL!?
R271 They don't want to get MADE. Have you ever wondered who the benderfrau truly are? Did that ever cross your mind? They are not just some Ben stans, he's not that important to anybody. Why is this person so invested in proving to everybody that he is the light of AC's life when it's clear he's not.
- R321, R322, R324= One of those weird anti Ben trolls
We don't even know that much about the guy. How do you even find things to hate about him? Very odd and psychotic.
Anderson Cooper can't even go anywhere without people requesting autographs & pictures as it is. You can't compare this situation to Gloria Vanderbilt who's already a very public figure or a brother who's deceased so no one can question him.
I don't blame him for trying to keep his ongoing private life private.
- [quote]AC will only talk about things that are important to him. Carter was important to him and that's why he tweeted about him, his mother is important to him, Ben is not. This is why he continues to keep Ben the bar maid tucked in his little pocket.
I love the various convoluted theories that the Ben-haters have to come up with to explain away the fact that after all these years, and despite their predictions of doom for the relationship, AC and Ben are still together. It must absolutely kill the Gavinfraus, lol!
Meanwhile, I would like to know why R321 and her partners in crime bear such a grudge against Ben. What exactly has he done to deserve this?
- [quote]Why is this person so invested in proving to everybody that he is the light of AC's life when it's clear he's not.
We could ask you the very same question, R324: why are you so invested in proving to everybody that AC and Ben aren't dating? Why are you so invested in proving to everybody that AC is seeing Gavin even though there's not a shred of evidence supporting her theory?
The people you accuse of being Bendrefraus are only basing their claim on truth, whereas you're basing yours on wishful thinking, delusions, and hatred for Ben. Sad, really.
- "R309 Now is the operative word! The only reason Ben is back in the picture is because he is the only one with no real job, so he can up and leave at the drop of a hat for free vacations. Anderson will yet again tire of him and start seeing other men like he has been all year. This is definitely no great love affair. It's one if convenience!"
I couldn't agree with you more. How pathetic that AC has come "out" of the closet and yet still refuses to avow his barmaid. Plain and simple AC is ashamed of Ben. Their relationship seems even more absurd than it was before AC came out. I am falling over with laughter. Yet again AC is chopping it up with his celebrity friends while Ben is somewhere in the corner looking like dufus the clown drinking because no one will acknowledge him. Poor thing!
- R324,R325,R326 Blah,Blah,Blah,Blah.
Stop your over the top whining benderfrau. Looks like you can dish it out but you can't take it. Bullshit is bullshit, it all smells.
- [quote]I am falling over with laughter.
For someone who's "falling over with laughter", your hysterical posts gives the impression that you're quite upset about this latest pic. Get over your irrational hatred, AC and Ben are a couple, just accept it and move on. At this point, there's absolutely no indication that things will change between them, so you better get used to it.
- [quote]AC will only talk about things that are important to him
And nothing's more important than Toddlers & Tiaras.
[quote]I love the various convoluted theories
R323 is an example.
[quote]has the Benderfrau FINALLY been banned from the DL!?
They're all through this thread. Watch how they ramp up their accusations. It starts with "Ben hater" and moves up to the horrible news that 88angel is posting in this thread. Soon we'll get Benderfraus posting quotes from anderbanter followed by deletion of the thread.
- [quote]Looks like you can dish it out but you can't take it.
Says the crazy Gavinfrau who has yet to provide a rational answer for her Ben-hating, reality-defying rants. Why can't you respond to R327's simple question: Why are you so invested in proving to everybody that AC and Ben aren't dating? Why are you so invested in proving to everybody that AC is seeing Gavin even though there's not a shred of evidence supporting her theory?
- "why are you so invested in proving to everybody that AC and Ben aren't dating?"
Ummmm...You have the wrong person sweetie. When did I say AC is not dating Ben? If he's anything like his mother he's probably dating quite a few people. If the bendefrau are basing their claim on truth please explain to me why AC continues to be ASHAMED of being seen with Ben in public and it's not because he wants privacy. AC is not a private person he talks about anything and everything, his family, what he's eating, his friends, where he's vacationing, when he'll be back, what he did on vacation, what restaurant he's eating at, his home, etc...You want to know why he refuses to talk about Ben. He's not willing to risk his the media fallout over somebody he doesn't view as a life partner. Ben is just a good lay that will roll over and do whatever AC tells him to do. The other guys may not do that for AC and I don't blame them. AC has found himself a big DUMMY and is taking advantage of the situation.
- These stupid arguments are part of the reason the AC threads get shut down. Instead of fights, I wish we had some real AC/Ben gossip - like when their wedding's going to take place.
- If you don't like my post or anyone else's post about AC, Ben or whoever don't respond and don't come to this thread because you will be highly disappointed. I will post about Gavin, Pablo, Gloria, Cesar, AC, Ben and anybody else I choose to. This is a gossip site hon. I can translate it to French if you want me to.
- R333/R335, we've heard all your theories about Ben many times over, but you have yet to tell us why you hate the poor guy so much. Apart from dating AC, what crime is he guilty of in your eyes? Surely you must have a good reason for keeping doing this.
- R335, those of us who want to post about AC and Ben as a couple are damn well going to do it too, thank you.
- Still waiting for R335 to explain her weird Ben hate. Somehow I have a feeling she doesn't quite know the reason herself.
- AC is off the market and Ben is the reason for that. R335 can't stand the thought of it so she attacks the one AC loves.
- What happened to the hilarious "tavern keeper" thread?
- [quote]What happened to the hilarious "tavern keeper" thread?
It's still active.
- If Ben values his privacy so much, why does he tweet about being places he knows Anderson is sighted and whey did he walk into Fallon right behind Anderson when he knew there would be papz there? I know they are dating, but I'm not buying that Ben values his privacy, as the reason for the decrease in the number of photos and sightings. Ben's tweeting blows that one out of the water.
- People often tweet for the benefit of their followers, their friends, their acquaintances. He's probably under the impression that he's just like every other normal person on Twitter who posts periodically about his life. Despite the incredible obsession of people on here with him, R342, he's not a public figure nor a celebrity & you don't know him & his motivations.
I have family members who constantly post on my facebook which concerts they go to. It does not mean they don't value their privacy.
- The "tavern keeper" thread has been deleted.
- R343 Are your friends dating a public figure who has asked for privacy? Ben has only started the tweeting after Anderson got back from Brazil (very cryptic) and then once Anderson "came out" much more specific. Bedlam is a business account and if he's only tweeting for the benefit of friends, etc. then he should open a personal account for that purpose.
I'm sorry, I just don't think Ben's actions support the idea he's a private person that values his privacy. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not buying that logic.
- If he wasn't private and protective of his relationship with AC, he'd be talking about him and always posing for pics with AC. Most of the time Ben avoids cameras.
- Tweeting that you like Madonna is not an open invitation for media coverage. It seems like a simple case of boyfriend is out of the closet so I don't have to hide that we're going out together anymore. It doesn't mean he's looking for headlines.
Why should he change his Twitter account to suit people he doesn't even know exist. Outside of his followers, no one is really paying any attention to what he writes on his twitter other than the people on here.
- R346 My point is I think the privacy issue is an Anderson issue and Ben abides by his request mostly. I don't think Ben is the one that's private. Look at the pictures of him on the Internet prior to dating Anderson. I think Ben mostly by the "rules" but they are Anderson's rules.
Just my opinion.
- Getting back to Gloria's other children, they've probably died of old age.
- I think they are BOTH private.
- The pics of Ben prior to dating AC weren't meant for public consumption, R348. They became widely available only after people started looking for images of him once his relationship with Anderson became known. That must have freaked him out, because he first stopped having his pic taken at his own bar (according to his DJ's blog, he wouldn't even allow his pic taken at his own birthday party there), and then he stopped bartending altogether, a decision probably prompted by the unwanted attention he was getting from total strangers. I think this points to Ben being rather private himself.
Just my opinion.
- [quote]I think this points to Ben being rather private himself.
Totally negated by the fact that he was ever a bartender who bartended with his shirt off.
- Shocking but true--Gay bartenders often go shirtless. Many who do never end up on TMZ, People Magazine or US weekly & never discuss or even want to discuss who they're fucking at the moment.
- AC seems to have a new obession with not saying the name of the Serial theatre killer from Col. He keeps repeating i'm not going to say his name over and over. I mean it isn't like it changes anything if he doesn't say the killers name or it doesn't mean other shows aren't. I guess Ac was just trying to get more attention for his show.
- A shirtless bartender working at a gay bar, I can't imagine anything more revolting, pass me the smelling salts before I faint! This is positively appalling, the height of exhibitionsim and depravity! No doubt this Ben character has absolutely no sense of privacy, and his couple of tweets in which he mentions attending a concert are further proof of this. I understand this is 2012, but I will never stop clutching my pearls in outrage at such deplorable behavior and will always lament such lack of decency and good breeding.
- AC was pissed off that Erin Burnett went over her time and made him start late on 360 last night.
- AC's ratings have risen since he's came out. In fact he's been 2nd in the ratings department in cable news to fox at 8 and 10 p.m since friday. Good sign.
- That's good, but some of it has to do with Aurora shootings, but I have noticed that his ratings have gotten better, even before that happened.
- I agree R358 it is because of Aurora but now he's back in the studio so we'll have to see if his ratings keep going upward.
- Now that he's publicly out I can support his programs now. Thanks for finally coming out AC lol
- He's back in the studio now so we'll have to see if the ratings will continue to trend upward.
I'm just glad he's publicly out now so I can support his shows. lol
- I wish that guy who sees AC and Ben at David Barton would post in this thread and I wonder if there's any wedding news/rumors out there.
- Gloria Vanderbilt's old, moldy pussy was ferociously RAPED!
- Erica Hill is free to co-host with Anderson now that she's lost her job on the Early Show.
- [quote]'Everyone does it on their own time,' Bass said in an interview with The Six Pack. 'Anderson and I have been friends for years and of course I know him and and I know his boyfriend very well, for years.'
I guess Lance Bass has slept with Ben.
- [quote]I'm just glad he's publicly out now so I can support his shows.
Yes, let's all support more of his Toddlers & Tiaras episodes. I can hardly wait!!!! They're sure to improve the ratings.
- I'm going to watch season 2, he says it will be live. I don't like the idea of a daily co-host and he and his producer Terrence need to let go of their Toddlers & Tiara fetish. They need to cover some of the more adult topics they have on their site and stop all the reality tv tie-ins.
- With the weekend approaching, maybe some New Yorkers who post here can check out Bedlam and Eastern Bloc to see if Ben is out and about.
- They shoud both be out and about if the weathers ok, but sometimes they go to the Hamptons or AC works on the weekends. I'm wondering what's going on with their wedding plans or if there are any.
- R369 Ask Lance Bass about the wedding plans - I'm sure he'd tell. Sounds like he's good "friends" with Ben and has been for a long time. Kind of sounds like he was bragging that he had slept with Ben, IMO.
Anderson asked for privacy in his personal life so I'm sure he's really happy that his "friend" Lance shared what he did. Can we just say Lance Bass is a celeb whore? Hanging out with the Kardashian's?
- We haven't heard from the Gavinfraus in a while around here. Either they've finally given up their ridiculous fantasy romance, or they've been banned from DL. Either way, I'm not complaining, lol!
[quote]Kind of sounds like he was bragging that he had slept with Ben, IMO.
I'm sure Lance would love to get some of Ben's humongous French sausage!
- I remember reading someone's Twitter feed once and it was a guy who knew Ben, he said something about Ben and also mentioned that Ben didn't like anyone talking about him on Twitter. AC may be out now, but I know he doesn't want his friends talking about what they know. I remember Andrew Sullivan posting something about how Ben was a cool guy who really knew how to run a club, this was long before AC came out.
- R371 - from what Lance said he was pretty much insinuating that he's already had some of "Ben's humongous French sausage" I'm guessing Lance wasn't a stranger to EB and knew Ben before Ben started dating Anderson.
So if the guy on Twitter knew Ben and knew Ben didn't like anyone talking about him on Twitter - why was the guy doing it?
I remember the Andrew Sullivan post and I think it was when Ben and Pablo (his partner) were opening Bedlam and doing publicity for it.
- [quote]I remember reading someone's Twitter feed once and it was a guy who knew Ben, he said something about Ben and also mentioned that Ben didn't like anyone talking about him on Twitter
Do you remember who was the guy on Twitter who said that?
I remember that comment by Sullivan about Ben too. Aside from the deranged Gavinfraus who are always coming up with nasty fake rumors about Ben, pretty much everyone who has met him says the same thing: that he's a really nice, cool guy. I wouldn't expect anything else from Anderson. I cannot imagine him being seriously involved with a douche.
- I don't know why the guy was talking about Ben, but IIRC, what he said was very innocuous and nothing revealing or anything like that.
Lance Bass has probably had all the gay guys in NYC, but I've always thought he looked a little weird, not really attractive, but maybe he looks better in person - that's what they say about Ben too.
- The interesting thing about Lance's comment is that he mentions Anderson having a bf. Of course, it's not exactly news to us around here, but it contradicts one of the arguments put forth by the Ben-denying Gavinfraus: when confronted with a new pic of AC and Ben together, they often say that there's no proof that those two are dating. Their main claim is goes along those lines: "Just because they're photographed together doesn't mean they're in a relationship!" Now, they can't really say that anymore because Lance discusses the fact that Anderson has a bf and that he knows him very well. Of course, he doesn't actually mention Ben's name, so I guess there's still room for denial on their part (and you know they will use any opportunity they get to deny that AC and Ben are a couple!), but this will definitely make their position even more untenable. Let's see how they spin this!
- True R376 and Andrew Sullivan said it too a long time ago. There's no point in denying it now.
- [quote]Do you remember who was the guy on Twitter who said that?
I'm not certain, but I think it was a guy involved with the club scene or something.
- "We haven't heard from the Gavinfraus in a while around here. Either they've finally given up their ridiculous fantasy romance, or they've been banned from DL."
R371 Gavin's not complaining either. AC is probably with his side piece as we speak because we know there's more than enough Vanderbilt to go around. Trust me when I say Lance and that bartender are not the only guys Ben has slept with recently. His last partner was a suggar daddy who was an older man. I read somewhere he passed away. This is what Ben does; he chases rich or famous guys and attaches himself to them like a leech, drains the life out of them (look at how bad AC has been looking lately)and then moves on when he can't get anything else out of them. AC just happens to be next in line.
- Other people can discuss AC and his allege bf all they want but until AC acknowledges the relationship Ben will continue to be a non-factor. There was a time when AC used to be sensitive and caring post Katrina. His show used to have very high ratings but since 2008 he’s been on this republican, 1%, don’t tax the wealthy and BUSINESS OWNERS riff and he can’t understand why viewers have tuned out. Just recently he’s started to be fairer to President Obama since his ratings have been in the dumpster. Somebody in his life has changed him for the worse. Now he’s a superficial, celebrity chasing, hanging out at the Chateau Marmont in Hollywood journalist who bashes a president that supports gay rights all the while praising a presidential candidate that thinks gays are an abomination. AC is regressing not progressing but hopefully he’s snapped out of it. He has more responsibility now that he’s out.
- CNN and AC360's ratings always go up when there's some type of tragedy going on. He's been reporting on this story almost exclusively since last Thursday I think. What's most important are his ratings when there's not so much drama in the news. That's when we will all be able to tell the difference.
- [quote]look at how bad AC has been looking lately
He still looks good to me.
Ben, the man seen with AC everywhere, the man who lives with AC in the firehouse and travels and works out with him is a "non-factor"? Wow, you folks will go to any lengths to continue your fantasy that AC and Ben aren't a happy, committed couple.
- R382 Although this is probably pointless to say to you, while I don't deny Anderson and Ben are dating/have been dating for the past three years/live together in the firehouse/are boyfriends - I can't be certain they are a happy and committed couple. Maybe they are and their relationship will last or maybe they are like most couples, have their ups and downs and they may break up tomorrow or in the future at some point.
Having been in relationships myself and watched friends relationships play out, I know things aren't always what they appear to be to outsiders and/or they can't change on a dime. I hope that Anderson is happy and if Ben makes him happy and they last, then great; but it may not be the romance novel relationship some claim to think it is. Unless you are Anderson or Ben, there's no way to know the dynamics of their relationship and they aren't sharing, nor should they.
I don't get TVNewser saying that Piers has the top rated program on CNN - their daily ratings posts don't bear that out - not over the course of the last week or month.
- The point is that they are a couple R383, what I don't get are the folks here who go out of their way to pretend they are not. Together, whether they are happy or unhappy and to me they seem like they're happy, but regardless of that, they ARE together as a couple. That's what some people here are trying to deny.
- [quote]The point is that they are a couple, what I don't get are the folks here who go out of their way to pretend they are not... That's what some people here are trying to deny.
No, what you don't get is that it appears to be payback for three years of endless [bold] They're always together... Anderson has found the love of his life... They're meant for each other... He's out to all his family and friends so he's not in the closet... He wants to keep his personal life personal... [/bold]
His e-mail to Andrew Sullivan is published proof that he was not out of the closet. So why is it such a surprise that people are pushing back at the ones who kept promoting that fiction?
Most everyone knows very well that AC and Ben are living together. Some people are simply pushing back at the Benderfraus for three years of bullcrap. If you can't comprehend, then you must be a Benderfrau. You can sit back and enjoy the latest AC fiction or don't click on the thread.
OTOH, what happened to the guy who posted a message about Ben attending a Pride celebration several months ago? Ben was with a date who wasn't AC. I'd like to hear more about that.
- The reality R385, is that yes, they ARE always together as a COUPLE and it's YOU who can't deal it, so don't read this thread if you don't like what's said. Give me some proof that you know they are NOT happily together and maybe someone could take you seriously, but of course you've got NOTHIN'. There is more proof, truth and reality on the side of the "Benderfrau" you deride than ANYTHING you have ever had to say on this subject. And don't make me laugh with all this "push-back" crap. Is that supposed to scare somebody? Please.
- r385 The poster said that Ben was there with a friend.
- [quote]they ARE always together
You just painted yourself as one of the Benderfraus who posts fairytales about the couple.
While we know thay are a couple, they are NOT "always together." Anderson wasn't with Ben at the Pride event that he attended with another guy. Ben has been seen at his clubs when Anderson isn't with him.
Funny how you manage to whine about others posting wrong information when one hit to troll-dar on your message highlights dozens of messages from the last few days. You're a total Benderfrau queen, snookums, and that says you can't be believed. If anyone brought on the Gavin/Pablo posts, it's Y.O.U.
- Anderson was hardly going to attend a Pride celebration now, was he?
- I'm not interested in your thoughts on me R388. Anderson and Ben are a happy couple and there's NO Gavin/Pablo connection. I'm not asking anyone to "believe" me, I'm just posting FACTS, something you are quite unfamiliar with.
- Any sightings this weekend?
- I hope on season two they do more important topics and don't repeat the same topics over and over again. How many shows did AC do on toodlers and tiaras and medical mysteries, and celebs and relationships, addictions? Not that AC has publicly declosed his sexuality maybe he'll be open to more variety of topics. Cohost everyday? I hope that isn't true. How is the show going to be called "Anderson" and you have a cohost everyday?
- [quote]How is the show going to be called "Anderson" and you have a cohost everyday?
Exactly. That's never been done in the history of television.
- An occasional co-host is ok, but I don't like the daily plan they have.
- This thread has become dead. Just like AC tweets over the weekend.
- Well there's not much going on, no pics or sightings of AC and Ben, when that happens I guess we'll talk.
- Ac's either on Vacation or went to the Hamptons for the weekend. No sightings all weekend.
- Someone said on Twitter that they saw him walking in Chelsea on Saturday.
- AC is apparently watching the Dark Knight right now, a couple of people spotted him. He was in a very good mood on 360, I wonder what he did over the weekend.
- The other night on 360, Anderson opened his 'keeping them honest' segment with Sen. Harry Reid's recent tax allegation about Mitt Romney.
Cooper had CNN Capitol Hill reporter, Dana Bash on to discuss the story, according to Bash, her source can confirm Sen. Reid's allegation. Bash went even further, she said this source also personally knows the Bain source who would have access to Romney's tax record.
Well, so much for the troll who keeps arguing around here that AC is pro-Romney. He went after him pretty for this tax scandal pretty aggressively for the past few nights. Let's see how the troll spins this.
- [quote]He went after him pretty for this tax scandal pretty aggressively for the past few nights.
No he didn't R400. He went after Paul Begala for supporting Reid's claim, even Mediaite characterized AC as mocking Begala. Paul was right, Romney should release more of his taxes and this could clear everything up but he continues to lie. Anderson NEVER goes after Romney "aggressively".
So someone who has a different perspective than yours is a "troll"? Maybe you need to get out more and meet new people.
- I wish the OP who started the thread about Ben's bulge would come back and post more about seeing AC and Ben at the gym. I also would like to hear from the poster who said he could see the rooftop of the firehouse from his window and saw AC and Ben there once. Any info from either of those two is much appreciated.
- For anyone interested, 88Angel has replaced the Tweety Bird twitter pic with her own pic.
- Yes, the AC/Ben sightings and gossip has been lacking. I don't know where any of those people are.
- I'm surprised 88angel has finally decided to show her ugly mug to the world instead of hiding behind that infantile Tweety Bird cartoon. I love how she uses her hair to soften and hide the most salient features of her hideous witch-like face. Her chin and cheeks look almost normal as a result. Her nose looks different too, straighter than it should be, it looks like she's becoming quite intimate with Photoshop!
- This is an EXTREMELY flattering photo of Cindy Holeman. She photoshopped the hell out of that pic to erase the toll that time and drug abuse have taken on her gnarly old face.
No amount of digital improvement could give her actual lips though. I guess there's always plastic surgery, but I doubt the poor thing can afford such a costly procedure.
I wonder why she has decided to show her old skanky face to the world now. It's too soon to be for Halloween!
- Ewww, a face only a mother could love! Kill it, R406!
- Lol, that ugly bitch 88angel is pissed at Anderson tonight for taping his show:
[quote]88angel Seriously @andersoncooper & @ac360 why are you all showing a taped show tonight that we've seen several times before? Kinda lame...
- AC must be working on his other shows on Friday's now because I think last Friday's show was taped too. Or maybe he's planning the wedding.
- Worse than what 88angel tweets are the trolls like 406 who have to run to DL to announce everything she posts as if everyone can barely wait to read the latest report on the silly old woman.
Please get back to us 406 when you can provide info on what 88angel had for breakfast but be sure to post "Spoiler alert" for that important breaking news.
- 88angel, I wanna talk about this attitude you have about yourself. You’re always walking around with your hair down, all moping around.
88angel? Come here, you big silly. I want you to look at yourself. Would you look at that? Come on. Now that’s a pretty girl. Look at your eyes! Little mascara to bring it out? A little? Your lips. Try some lipstick. You have nice, pretty lips! And your cheekbones. Look at your hair. It’s beautiful hair. You could just put it up a little, add a little curl. What do you think?
- AC is in Ohio today for 60 Minutes, I guess that's why he was off.
Bedlam (Ben) is following this guy on Twitter:
[quote]Paul Newell @NewellNYC Democratic District Leader for NY's 64th Assembly Dist. Communications consultant. Progressive, feminist, reformer, liberal, New Yorker. Yankees/Knicks/Packers
Sounds like Ben's very liberal. I don't know about AC but I hope Ben knows something we don't about him since he sometimes seems overly sympathetic to conservatives.
- primetime bump
- Any recent AC and Ben sightings?
- No sightings, maybe when he gets back from Wisconsin, but even when he was back in NY recently, there weren't any sightings of them. Maybe Ben's planning the wedding.
- Some asshole is crying to webby to get all the AC threads shut down because she can't handle the fact that AC is with Ben and doesn't want anyone to discuss it. Webby's on alert and this one will go too now because of the Ben-denier. She may be able to get the threads shut down but the fact remains that AC is with Ben and there's NOTHING she can do about THAT.
- When the "Ben-denier" accusations start flying, that usually leads to the thread getting deleted. It's obvious what your REAL aim is r416.
- No, I want the AC threads and that's the LAST time I will refer to it, believe me R417, I am NOT one of those. I want AC gossip and career talk ONLY. I was just pointing out what was happening with the threads.
- So AC interviewed Beyonce and saw her perform at the United Nations. I wonder who he likes more, her or Madonna?
- AC and Ben are off on another vacation this week.
- R420 Where to this time? I figured they would fit one in this summer before the talk show started taping again and the conventions and political coverage amped up at CNN.
- Yes, where are they going? I suppose they'll be spotted wherever they go or they'll tweet it when they come back. Anderson has to be back for the convention, but I'm surprised he's not going to be around to discuss Romney's VP pick.
- Sounds like Andy Cohen is headed to Newark airport and he finished his WWHL season the other night, so if he's traveling, it might be that AC and Ben are traveling with him, since they do that sometimes. I remember they went to Tahiti in August a couple of years ago with SJP and Broderick.
- How can they be going off on vacation when the wedding is only a few weeks from now?
- [quote]I saw Anderson Cooper biking down 7th Ave today. Done.
If he is going on vacation, he hasn't left yet.
- Uh oh. Daily Mail has a pic of Ben kissing another guy, I mean WTF? Do AC and Ben have an open relationship or NO relationship, LOL! You know, it's August 12, remember someone on one of these threads said that *something* would happen. But this could just be a matter of them trying to deflect attention from their relationship and pretend that AC's NOT with him afterall, but who knows?
- It looks like Ben hit the jackpot. He's got a hunk who won't demand that he walk six-paces behind.
I wonder how much the photographer got paid for those pics.
- No giggles tonight!
- Distant relatives. Never met Anderson but would love to. Met his Uncle Harry at fish camp in Enterprise. We held our family reunions there. I remember seeing a picture of Wyatt, Gloria, and two kids standing in front of gates to their home. Black and white photo. My grandmother had it before she passed.
- Does Gloria get together with all her children at any time during the Christmas season?
- Does Anderson see his half-brothers during the holidays?
- The other children know how to avoid the spotlight.
- Does Anderson ever mention his mother's other children when on the air?
- Since the other Anderson threads are closed - Anderson in Cannes? Wonder if a vacation will follow his session at the conference.
- Where is AC and Ben? Latest sightings....
- [quote]This is an EXTREMELY flattering photo of Cindy Holeman. She photoshopped the hell out of that pic to erase the toll that time and drug abuse have taken on her gnarly old face.
Thanks for posting that R406. It's not surprising that AC's psycho stalker looks like that.
- The AC Marries Stefon on SNL is open (for now). Big AC threads like this get the webby's attention, but I guess all of them do now.
Here's the new pic of Ben at Madonna's party the other night that's in the AC/Stefon thread. I guess Ben didn't want to miss the party so he said home instead of going to his birthplace?
AC is supposed to be on New Day tomorrow so I don't know if he's going on vacation, he still might.
- I wonder if Ben went to the party alone or with one of his business partners.