- Two hours of frau pandering.
Will Kathy nibble on Anderson's ear while he gently taps her away? Only to do it again ten minutes later?
- Anderson's supposed to come out tonight according to an "insider" on another thread.
- I hope he pees on camera and his boyfriend laps it up
- Is tonight NYE?
- What time & station.
- Looks like CNN only has the two of them on for an hour an a half (11pm-12:20am).
Didn't they used to be on for a couple of hours?
- No, it's always been an hour and a half.
- Anderson was following this cute guy on Twitter for a minute then he took it down. I wonder why?
- is Anderson gay?
- No R9, he's straight and has been dating Kathy Griffin for the last 5 years or so.
- I don't care if Anderson comes out or not, because I love him so much.
- I really wish Kathy would do gay jokes and then wink at Anderson.
- Trust me: Anderson is coming out tonight. Word is that he will do it in a low key way, like say, "My boyfriend is watching tonight" or something like that. You heard it here first.
- anderson just LOVES the pussy
- I'll believe it when I hear it R13. How many "Anderson is coming out" announcements have there been over the years?
- Anderson is straight I tell ya. I know straight guys when I see 'em. Like when I look in the mirror.
- My sister is at Times Square. Help me spot her.
- Nice pic of AC and his partner.
- I don't know why they wait until 11 pm to start the live show. It's not like anyone would be watching CNN tonight for real news, and the party at Times Square starts early (and they play footage of earlier celebrations around the world anyway). It's a fun show, but compressed.
- OMFG at R18's link.
Anderson looks TERRIFIED!
- He looks like a senile old man in R18's link.
- I thought R18 was giving us a pic of AC and his REAL partner.
- She looks emaciated in the photo.
- There is no proof that Anderson is gay. Just because you queens say he is, it doesn't make it so.
- "Let it Bieber" "I think it's Ryan Seacrest's doing" That wasn't bad for a preview.
- Straight men do not hang out with Kathy Griffen.
Thanks for providing my last hearty laugh of 2011.
- Anyone else find Kathy exhausting on these things? She's so desperate to hog all the airtime she ends up spouting off a bunch of shit that isn't even funny. Lets see if she'll let Anderson get a word in edgewise tonight.
- WTF is this Green Goblin shit on the jumbotron?
- Is that closet gay still hiding? How disgusting. Kathy needs to let everyone know how much she loves black pussy.
- Awkward moment with the green man talking to us.
What just happened?
- Cher is looking a little green around the gills.
- The green goblin thing is embarrassing.
- I guess he did some "prep" with the green goblin.
- Anderson's bf has to watch the ball drop all alone. Sad face :(
- Why are there Kodak advertisements behind them? WTF does Kodak sell anymore? ZzZzZz...
- Oh GOD - not the tacky Key West drag queens again!
- Who the FUCK let that guy sing?
- "Anderson's bf has to watch the ball drop all alone. "
He'll watch TWO drop in another hour or so.
- Did Anderson come out tonight?
R35: ya mean Ben isn't working at Bedlam tonight? Like, what the fuck does that guy do with his time? massage his dick waiting for his suger daddy to get home?
- I like them both, but not on this show. Not one funny joke. The only moment of truth when he asked if he looked uncomfortable when she tried to stick her tongue into his mouth. She really is sounding more desperate every day.
- They want you to say something nasty to them.
So say it already!
- I've been laughing all night at Anderson and Kathy, they're great!
- Who the fuck cares about Nashville?
- Andy's BF is right there in front of him and Kathy
- R13, if he announces it in a lowkey way you don't think Kathy Griffin would be all over it? It would be the entire subject of the show.
No, if he announces, he'll do it under much more careful and controlled circumstances.
- Where, r45? I can't see him!
- Ok, he didn't come out but I knew he wouldn't. And of course Ben was there, he had to kiss AC at midnight.
- If Anderson kissed Ben at midnight could someone nearby have caught it on their cellphone?
- Yup, Kath and Ben and Andy and teh whole crew were taking a lot of pictures .
- Anyone willing to share?
- So who saw AC and Ben kiss at midnight?
- Would like to know more abouut the emails that Ryan Seacrest sent to Anderson earlier in the day. Kathy alluded to them and Anderson giggled, and in tit-for-tat fashion hinted to Kathy that if she went there he was going to drop dirt on some Piers Morgan vs. Kathy drama.
... and cut to commercial
- They didn't at midnight but shortly after, they had a chance.
- You saw them kissing r54?
I want to know about the Seacrest email thing too.
- no one saw a kiss, because there wasn't one.
- Did anybody catch Candy Crowley interviewing Anderson and Kathy on Friday? I felt so bad for 'serious news' Candy and she really looked like she wasn't interested in giggling along with those two girls.
Then Anderson/Kathy were also interviewed for AC360 Friday night. That one wasn't as uncomfortable...but I can't remember who was hosting AC360 that night and asking the questions.
It was during one of those interviews that they mentioned having dinner with Ryan Seacrest at a dinner for NYE hosts. But no mention of which other program hosts would be in attendance.
- I can't wait until Kathy tweets another one of their patented "snuggly" post-NYE photos.
- He may have hooked up with that guy when he was in LA R8. It's funny how he stopped following him all of a sudden. I think Andy is on the prowl again.
I noticed the giggle fit Anderson had too R53 when Kathy mentioned the tweets between Ryan and him earlier in the day and we all know Ryan flirts with Anderson every chance he gets. I wonder if Anderson hit it he seems to like Ryan?
- I'm still upset Bravo didn't have a NYE show. The last two years they had a show and it was the best, imo. Two years ago, Spike had a show from Las Vegas. It was stunts and magic. I really liked it. I don't know why they didn't continue with it. CNN didn't show Sushi being lowered in the high heel. Sushi didn't say this was her last year doing it like she had the last 3-4 years. There wasn't much shown of other NYE celebrations beside NYC. Dick Clark used to show other American cities on the East Coast besides New York.
- Did Gary Tuchman and daughter run their 5K through Central Park? I recorded the CNN show and probably won't watch it until sometime tomorrow.
- R61 Yes.
- I loved the look of pure disgust on Anderson's face when Kathy was kissing him on the lips. I know it took everything he had in him to keep from shoving her off of him, he loves her, but that was too much. I did love when Kathy just came back from commercial with only her bra and panties on and AC's "are you friggin' kidding me?" reaction.
- Candy hates promoting AC and KG because she HATES them. You know, I know and SHE knows they probably make fun of her fat ass every chance they get. Have also heard that Candy pees standing up.
- Actually, Candy and Anderson get along fine and I believe they are friends. Candy may not feel so warmly towards Kathy though.
- I usually LOVE Anderson and Kathy doing New Years, it is the highlight of the year for me. But this year, I wish I tuned out. There wasn't a single funny joke. Nothing alluding to Anderson's sexuality. A crazy scene with a green monster and Spiderman that I didn't understand. I didn't even see the usual spotlight of famous couples dancing after the ball dropped. And Kathy stripping down to her bra seemed desperate. I wish I watched Dick Clark instead.
- I once saw Candy Crowley doing a live shot for CNN from Hollywood Boulevard. She was barking orders at the camera man, then looked at me, flicked her cigarette on the ground, and went live.
- Twice Kathy asked him if he was ready for his special thing. The first time he didn't answer. The second time when he could have said, Happy New Year to Ben." he said " I'm not ready.".
It could have been anything. But I think he has no respect for Ben since he can't even say his name. He may be having great sex with him as some DLers claim, but he doesn't love the guy. He's ashamed of him.
- The show must have been dull. I recall more comments in past years.
- The show was very good R69, maybe a little better than last year, but everyone's used to it by now and it's not as big a deal.
[quote]Twice Kathy asked him if he was ready for his special thing. The first time he didn't answer. The second time when he could have said, Happy New Year to Ben." he said " I'm not ready.".
I was wondering what she was saying to him. We'll never know if he was supposed to come out or say something about Ben, but I don't think he DIDN'T say anything because he doesn't love Ben, he just can't bring himself to talk about his feelings about him publicly. He can't do it. I thought it was funny when Kathy asked him when was the last time he had a one night stand and he paused and was thinking and nearly answered her. From his long pause, it seemed like it had to be a LONG time ago that he did something like that. He loves Ben.
- Why fucking Nashville and not New Orleans or Chicago (though maybe the threat of severe cold might make that risky)?
- I was flipping between CNN and FOX, and Bill Hemmer was MUCH more entertaining than Anderson Cooper.
When I watch Kathy and Anderson, it just seems like Kathy is always trying too hard to be funny, and Anderson just giggles at her lame jokes. He doesn't really add much to the conversation.
Bill, however, is unintentionally funny. He is TOTALLY buzzed. I mean, look at his eyes, and they look like he's stoned, and he's rambling and says to guests really ridiculous things like "I love you man!" and "Good job, bro!" It's so fucking embarassing!!
And at midnight, he wrapped his arms around Megan, and kept whispering in her ear, "good job. I love you. Good job." And she's like, "get the fuck off me!" It's hilarious.
CNN needs to re-hire Bill Hemmer, just so he can do the New Year's Eve thing. Funniest shit on television.
- Id rather watch Don Lemon host this show in FULL drag.
- You couldn't pay me to watch Hemmer or anyone on Fox. I'll never watch Hemmer again, he went over to the dark side and should be shunned. AC and Kathy all the way.
- So what was happening at Bedlam last night? was Ben there working? or has he moved beyond work and is Anderson's toy now?
- Kathy said Anderson's jeans were really tight. He's still trying to be young.
Ben is beyond being Anderson's "toy", not that he ever was. Bedlam had some kind of New Year's celebration, but Ben was supposed to be with AC and Kathy.
- "I thought it was funny when Kathy asked him when was the last time he had a one night stand and he paused and was thinking and nearly answered her. From his long pause, it seemed like it had to be a LONG time ago that he did something like that. He loves Ben."
- I'm with R74. I used to love Bill Hemmer, but haven't watched him even once since he moved to Fox.
I know there aren't that many anchor jobs available and his options were limited after being fired by CNN, but I just cannot watch Fox for even 15 seconds.
Even when it's a clip Jon Stewart replays to show their hypocrisy, I can barely sit through it.
- R76: who really knows if Ben was there or not. Someone said they thought Anderson was going to come out last night and that didn't happen.
- R18 is amazing that any sighted person can think he's handsome. He's one nosebleed away from officially being albino.
- "I know it took everything he had in him to keep from shoving her off of him."
That shit gets done everytime they're together. If he was truly disgusted, he would have told her privately to knock the crap off
a long time ago. He allows it because it brings ratings amd the straight women can wet their panties watching the hunk get kissed at home.
- Who was responsible for that 1950-style promo of that green goblin? WTF was that? It's the equivalent of Little Orphin Annie and Ovaltine.
- About the emails: did Ryan and Anderson talk about life in the closet? I did not know. Of a Piers and Kathy feud ....
- [quote]Trust me: Anderson is coming out tonight. Word is that he will do it in a low key way, like say, "My boyfriend is watching tonight" or something like that. You heard it here first.
- DL's official frau (see link) watched Kathy and Andy instead of Dick and Ryan.
- [quote] Trust me: Anderson is coming out tonight. Word is that he will do it in a low key way,
R13 was right. He did it in such a low key way that it went unnoticed by all of us.
- You're so silly. Anderson will never come out.
- I not surprised about Candy acting like that, r67
She seems like a bitch on wheels.
Sadly, Kathy is looking more like a man than Chaz.
- Not surprising, R88. The "real" journalists at CNN have no love for Andy.
- No surprise there - he probably makes much more than they do, but his ratings are absolutely nothing to shout home about.
- [quote]nothing to shout home about.
- [quote]The "real" journalists at CNN have no love for Andy.
And who exactly are these "real" journalists? Looks to me that he has friendly relationships with everyone who appears on his show and that includes Candy Crowley.
[quote]If he was truly disgusted, he would have told her privately to knock the crap off a long time ago.
She never kissed him directly on the LIPS before and that's what disgusted him. He usually manages to turn away before she gets to that point, but she forced herself on him.
- Oh shut up 92.
- I agree, R93 - shut up, 92. They're on TV, they ALL "look" friendly. (Is that how you think journalists are supposed to look?)
- I used to LOVE her. I cannot explain why, I cannot handle get anymore. It's not even the tired routine. She just makes me nauseous
- Anderson and Kathy's New Year's Show beat Fox's show with Hemmer in the ratings. I'm not surprised, they were great.
- Is Ac going to continue acting like he's a 44 recluse that doesn't socialize and doesn't that this year too? This charade is so old...
- and doesn't date....?
- He's never going to be comfortable enough to talk about that part of his life. He rarely has relationships as a topic on his daytime show, most of his shows are "inspirational" or mommy issues, kid issues or saving money, but he avoids anything having to do with relationships or same sex issues in general because it might lead to someone asking him about his own life with Ben and he can't have THAT. He will bring his mother on countless times but he won't admit that he's in a relationship or DATING at all. He deliberately avoids these subjects.
On the New Year's show the other night, Kathy said she "makes a lot of money telling dick jokes" and nobody seemed to catch it or notice it, which was kind of funny. Anderson heard her but wasn't upset about it.
- He may be wealthy but he's treating himself much like a second class citizen the way he publicly ignores himself being gay. He can have countless guest or stories about straight love but he feels he can;'t talk about his? He may not mind because he's extremely wealthy but his silence is saying, "i'm gay and because of it, I must remain silent in public about it."
- I hate when he fawns over straight couples! There would be nothing wrong with him treating a same sex couple to the kind of gifts and prizes that he's lavished on the straights.
- This thread got quiet... howcome, whats the latest on AC..ben etc
- Kathy looks anorexi
- AC was acting crazy last night during CNN's caucus coverage. They all were. By the time the night was over, they'd turned into CNN After Dark, AC was seducing the camera and dissing the latest CNN election gadgets and they started playing Barry White. It was insane.
- The were acting crazy over at Fox, too.
Of course, that's nothing new.
MSNBC had a second panel come on. They were too fresh to be crazy.
(which is stupid because there will be a new thread for the 2013 event, but whatever)
I just set the DVR to catch these girls on Monday night.
I hope Kathy makes Anderson talk about some guys that he thinks are hot.
- [quote]I hope Kathy makes Anderson talk about some guys that he thinks are hot.
Like THIS guy R106? Because that would be a BIG revelation indeed.
- Now that AC is officially out, isn't much of the fun of that duo gone? Wasn't much of "what will Kathy say this time" really "will Kathy out Anderson this time"?
- Good point r108. It'll be interesting to see if the broadcast loses some of the fun since we won't be wondering how close they come to crossing that 'outing' line.
- She'll find some other angle to get to him, he doesn't like talking about who he finds attractive, she'll probably tease him with stuff like that.
- I think she'll be raunchy inappropriate
and he'll giggle
no one thought they were dating...
I like Kathy, but let's face it, she's always acted like a fag hag
- Will they still cover the shoe drop in Key West? Those queens love Andy and Kathy.
- Kathy says she's not going to make a big deal of him being out. That's not going to be fun.
- Kathy doesn't seem to be besties with Jack Gray anymore. Jack used to travel with her some, but I guess that would be awkward w Kathy's boyfriend.
- I'm gonna watch. New Year's is so overrated. Maybe Andy and Kathy can make me laugh away this miserable year.
Wishing you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year!
- All the gay innuendo will be gone. She'll have to settle for being a regular boring faghag.
- So who's gonna start a new thread for tonight? Or do we just continue here later?
- Kathy posted this picture of Anderson:
- Kathy: Anderson, I have to show everyone the pictures I took of me masturbating all over your rug. You sexy hunk!
(Attempts to French kiss him, Anderson pulls away.)
Anderson : Come on now, Kathy,
- Hopefully, this year Anderson's balls will drop and he'll knock of the histrionics when discussing President Obama.
- Is CNN going to cancel this and carry the fiscal cliff breaking news instead?
- Kathy probably grabbed Andy's crotch and made him jiggle and giggle
- Anderson is so fake. All giggles yet you know he hates every second.
- And of course he knows the names of each of Mitt Romney's sons (but pretended that he had to search for the answer). Such a whore.
- Wow, Griffin has had a full facial redo.
- [quote]Is CNN going to cancel this and carry the fiscal cliff breaking news instead?
Kathy just called it the "fisting cliff." Anderson pretended like nothing happened.
- I was truly amazed that he didn't know the words to a show tune.
- How the hell do you not recognize MC hammer?
- Is cnn sensoring them or is it just my cable connection?
- [quote]How the hell do you not recognize MC hammer?
Makes me think of when Stephen Colbert was touring Madame Tussaud's and kept guessing that people (like Harriet Tubman) were Tiger Woods.
- re 128
Sensoring = Censoring
Sorry to much wine
- There are audio cutouts -- I assume its censoring.
- The show has been cutting in and out constantly so it's unwatchable. WTF?
Cable problems? CNN technical difficulties?
- CNN took out a whole sequence the second Kathy mentioned Ed Henry (who left CNN for Fox).
- Finally someone acknowledges AC coming out.
- Sushi, the drunk drag queen in Key West is the heroine of the evening, and love that she called him Anderson Goober.
- Wow Ben shows up on broadcast next to Kathy.
- Yeah he was on camera for a bit. He didn't kiss AC nut I think they may have planned something like that the way Kathy was talking.
- Ben's appearance on the left side of the tv screen at the show's conclusion was about as accidental as a space shuttle launch.
He was rather underwhelming looking on tv.
Most disappointing is the realization that 2 and 1/2 hours of Anderson and Kathy was about 90 minutes too much.
- I thought Ben looked hot.
- Kathy and Anderson sittin' in a tree...
- The constant split screen made them too small for me to see, so i watched ABC.
- The "kissing the sardine" bit went on WAAAAAY too long, Kathy.
Like anyone would now believe you'd blow AC, esp. with Ben right next to you, and we all know it's AC who does the blowing....
- They're voting.
- I know it's 2 a.m. on New Year's, but doesn't CNN have ANYONE in New York or Atlanta to do live coverage of the Senate vote? Instead, they're relying on their CNN International anchor.
- So no thread dedicated to this year's festivities? (Did a search, bitches)
- Well since Ben was shown on screen last night standing beside the podium where Anderson and Kathy were, maybe now people will believe that they're still together and quit with the assumptions.
BTW weren't any dlers at Bedlam last night? Surely Ben and Anderson showed up there at some point.
And what's with Kathy making like she was trying to give Andy a blow job last night? She is off her rocker and his reputation is getting more and more damaged every time he does one of these events with the likes of her. I was reading the tweets this morning and the majority thought it was way over the top. I used to think it was funny but it has become a little too crude for prime time (yes many kids do stay up till midnight on New Years).
- Kathy put Anderson in an awkward position (figuratively and literally)every time she squatted down to give a pretend bj. He did the only thing he could do barring yelling at her to knock it off by squatting down with her.
I thought she looked great, btw. I think Della is correct she has had a redo on her face.
- Kathy kissed Anderson's crotch, and The Drudge Report is not happy that!
- Kathy must be trying to pass for Chinese, because that's the only explanation I can find for her HIDEOUS botched eye job.
- Ugh, NO ONE wanted to see that. She is disgusting and not funny, and Anderson is an idiot for playing along with her.
- Anderson loves women who love him.
- even Anderson was uncomfortable with the whole thing. What gay guy wants some middle aged woman trying to go down on him on live t.v.? Seriously Kathy? She needs to find a new angle. I'd be surprised if they're still friends after this one.
- new meaning to the term Ball Drop
- I thought it was the best broadcast they've done. Kathy was still very annoying. Yet Anderson was relaxed and articulate. In past years, he was stiff and stumbled to form words. I think coming out has freed him to be himself. I saw Ben too. I was happy. Happy to see they are still together. I hope they had great sex that night.
- On my local NPR station today, the host Alan Chartock on WAMC said he watched the program and thought it was "trashy" but "I guess some people liked it."
- Yes, Anderson is obviously held in high esteem by his fellow broadcasters.
- Kathy ties too hard to be the fag-hag-uber-alles, but is there even a need for that role anymore in 2013? Both she and Anderson seem trapped in a weird "Single Man" era media relationship.
- [quote] I saw Ben too. I was happy. Happy to see they are still together. I hope they had great sex that night.
That night and probably every night.
- [quote]On my local NPR station today, the host Alan Chartock on WAMC said he watched the program and thought it was "trashy" but "I guess some people liked it."
Yet, the highest viewed New Year's Show, because of Kathy and Anderson together. Anderson Copper looks more happy when he works with Kathy Griffin.
- Much happier than he looks with Ben, that's for certain.
- [quote]even Anderson was uncomfortable with the whole thing. What gay guy wants some middle aged woman trying to go down on him on live t.v.? Seriously Kathy? She needs to find a new angle. I'd be surprised if they're still friends after this one.
They still are. Anderson knows Kathy's antics already, and if he was uncomfortable with her, Kathy would not be working with him.
- r147 I saw a few tweets about Anderson being at Eastern Bloc around 2am.
- Too bad he let himself be turned into a joke instead of continuing on with a serious journalism career.
- Yes R147, they're definitely together and still happy, Ben looked good and he looked at ease and glad to be watching Kathy mess with his man.
- What ever the fuck are you babbling about, r160?
- R160, apparently you didn't see Ryan Seacrest's numbers for last night.
- I got Ryan Seacrest's number last night when he stopped by Bedlam after his broadcast. He wants a threesome with me and Andy.
- Kathy was on Anderson's CNN show tonight. They are still friends.
Some of you sound just like the commenters on right wing blogs.
Gays should not be prudish pearl clutching fraus!!
- [quote]Much happier than he looks with Ben, that's for certain.
Bullshit. Ben's up there on the platform watching AC and having a good time, staying on camera for a while and you come up with AC not being happy with him? This will be five years together for them. HAPPY.
- I love when Kathy called out the Tea Party and Rand Paul for the trash that they are last night. Anderson tried to stop her from alienating some of their viewers, but she wouldn't be deterred. Hilarious.
- Kathy can say whatever the hell she wants -
I'm quite sure no Tea Partiers were watching that "fag newsman" and his facelifted hag.
- That's because the Tea Party is made up of backwards, ignorant bigots with no taste.
- R163, I guess AC and Ben went to celebrate the new year at Eastern Bloc after the show. I wonder if they also stopped by Bedlam.
- I love Kathy but a little goes a long way.
- The trashiest art was the Ben Maisani appearance.
- I wasn't really impressed with Ben's appearance. Anderson isn't mad with Kathy. In fact, they have always been best friends.
- Did Ben speak on tv? was he introduced? or was it just a random, like, if you didn't he was Anderson's partner, were viewers wondering who is this person?
- I didn't even realize that was Ben. I just thought it was a random CNN crew member.
- LOL, r179...guess you weren't impressed with Ben either.
- Anderson and a lot of other people, including me are very impressed with Ben and if AC's impressed, it certainly doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
Ben posted a beach pic and AC is gone so they must be on vacation the rest of the week.
- [Yet, the highest viewed New Year's Show, because of Kathy and Anderson together. Anderson Copper looks more happy when he works with Kathy Griffin.]
Not true!New Years Rockin Eve won in the ratings.
- [This will be five years together for them. HAPPY.]
If you call it a relationship AC and Ben have only been together since late 2008 on and off (not the whole time).
- Ben and Anderson are not happy. He cheated on him again.
- Interesting post,r158. It irks me when she refers to "the Gays" and "her Gays". We aren't pound puppies looking for a home, Honey. If I were going to pick a celebrity hag it would definetly be Cate Blanchett. Beautiful, talented, stylish and she looks like she'd be a hell of a lot of fun after a couple of cocktails.
- Really R183, how would you be privy to that kind of info and the same goes for R184. Five years is a LTR for most people. Janet Jackson's only been with her bf 2 years and they're already engaged.
Yes, Ben looked HAPPY on NYE, he was laughing and smiling. As far as the ratings of the NYE show go, where are the cable ratings? No one expects K&AC to outrank the broadcast networks, that never happens, but they usually do pretty well against their cable competitor, Fox.
Here's the pic Ben posted from their undisclosed location. Sounds like one of his friends is vacationing in the same area.
- [quote]Kathy ties too hard to be the fag-hag-uber-alles, but is there even a need for that role anymore in 2013?
Somebody needs to give her a clue.
- Apparently AC and Ben are in Hawaii.
- Terrible ratings, so hopefully this will be the last of the two of them together.
They can put Kathy with Andy Cohen on Bravo.
- No R189, Cooper actually helps balance Griffin out. Griffin and Cohen together would be insufferable. You need the "straight man".
- If AC's still on CNN, he's going to be with Kathy and I will be watching them, they are the best and the most real of that phony bunch.
- R188 where do you get your info? Not from Twitter I hope. That sunset photo could've been taken from anywhere.
- Did anyone notice that Ben and Anderson both posted almost identical photos of Times Square at midnight on New Years? Maybe that was Ben's way of telling people he was there with his love (that's if they didn't see him on screen beside the platform with Anderson and Kathy).
- I noticed that R193 and I also think it's possible that Ben's making these appearances because at some point AC might introduce him and acknowledge him publicly has his partner. Maybe it's a gradual build up because Ben was on his daytime show in the audience a couple of weeks ago and he stayed onscreen for a few moments on NYE, maybe it's a deliberate move for them.
- maybe R194. Maybe they're planning on getting married and it would be weird to suddenly marry someone that most people don't even know exists. So they need to be seen more often in public together and then, yes, maybe AC will have him on the daytime show and introduce him before the show ends its run.
- Kathy going on her knees in on AC was going too far. I like kathy sometimes but that was embarassing and not that funny. Ben looked happy, but I notice AC wasn't paying him much attention. Good to see them together right doing the start of new yer though.
- R186: well, of course Ben is happy. How could a person in his position not be? He's got an uber-wealthy sugar daddy providing him with some fabulous lifestyle. Boy, if that were me, I would be whistling and skipping around 24/7.
- Kathy Griffin's new cheek fillers didn't look quite as clownish when she was on David Letterman last night.
- [quote] AC wasn't paying him much attention. Good to see them together right doing the start of new yer though.
He was just focusing on his job, they probably talked during breaks.
- R197 I think Ben is in his late 30's. I would hardly call Anderson a Sugar Daddy. A Sugar Daddy would be someone at least 20 years older. Why is it so hard to believe that someone would want Anderson for reasons other than money? He's very cute and successful and has good manners :) I would take him even if he were poor.
- R200: ok, then Anderson isn't a sugar daddy. But Ben can be very happy to have an uber-wealthy boyfriend that is able to purchase beautiful homes and take terrific vacations.
- R201 I'm sure he is happy to have all that. But let's face it, no relationship is perfect. What looks perfect, often isn't. Relationships are tough. And these two have to deal with the gossip, paparazzi and probably a lot of guys trying to break them up so they can have a piece of the action. Just search Anderson Cooper on Twitter and see all the tweets saying they want to do Anderson. That can't be easy for Ben, although it probably makes him feel pretty lucky to be the one who has him.
- I guess she was trying to be funny, but I thought Kathy Griffin's behavior was pathetic and embarrassing. She got down on her knees as if to fellate him, for God's sake! Did she actually manage to kiss his crotch? I think I heard she did. Maybe Anderson Cooper goes along with this crap in order to pull in ratings, but it does seem to me that he doesn't much like a not very attractive middle-aged woman pawing him and making as if to french kiss him or suck his dick.
- So....is Kathy's boyfriend still dating her after her pathetic performance on NYE?
Was he there in person, just like Ben? or at home watching?
- I guess they will be back next year. Their ratings (Cable only) kicked ass..
- Kathy's bf is probably just like AC, he likes her and doesn't have a problem with her act.
I saw Kathy's bf during the segment where AC and Kathy were looking for Seacrest.
R200 and R202, thanks for sensible and realistic comments.
- I'm not surprised by the high ratings R205, I wouldn't watch any other NYE show, in spite of all the bellyaching about Kathy here and in other areas, most people like them both and will continue to tune into their show. There's no point in comparing the cable broadcasts to network TV NYE shows, it's not the same sort of category. CNN-AC-KG kick ass on cable NYE.
- [quote]Ben and Anderson are not happy. He cheated on him again.
What a bitch, I had no idea. Why does Anderson put up with that crap, when he can get any guy?
- [quote][R200]: ok, then Anderson isn't a sugar daddy. But Ben can be very happy to have an uber-wealthy boyfriend that is able to purchase beautiful homes and take terrific vacations.
Ugh! I would drop Ben...he's just a gold digger.
- [quote]Maybe Anderson Cooper goes along with this crap in order to pull in ratings, but it does seem to me that he doesn't much like a not very attractive middle-aged woman pawing him and making as if to french kiss him or suck his dick.
Anderson and Kathy are best friends, he's not going to tell anything, because he's used to her antics.
- betchya he's better friends with Kelly Ripa!
- Yeah, I'd say Kelly R. is definitely his best female friend.
- Poor MC Hammer. How the mighty have fallen.
It's quite a diss when you do an impromptu walk-on to a New Years show and have the hosts discussing whether that was really you.
- R208, you do know the cheating rumor is pure bullshit don't you? AC and Ben are happy whether or not some people can accept it. AC loves Kathy G regardless of what people may think about either of them.
- How do you know he "loves" her? Bosom buddies, are you?
- I've hated Hammer ever since he had the nerve to demand that Michael Jackson submit to a dance-off with him. His ego needed a downgrade. He has no career, he's just latching on to Psy's success. And Psy won't last long....
- If he didn't love her he wouldn't let her do what she wants on the show. His mom loves her. I saw that hug between them on NYE, he loves her (as a good friend).
- AC and Ben took Kathy to Bedlam after the NYE show:
"David Anderson David Anderson @Dava988 Thanks @kathygriffin for shielding me from @andersoncooper 's coldshoulder @ Bedlam when I proudly said that I made my parents watch #cnnnye"
"1 Jan Cody Lyon@villagernycatx Bedlam was fun last night- even AC and Kathy G showed up"
- AC neds to dump Kathy Griffin. He loses more and more credibilty the longer he puts up with her and her stupid antics.
- Well he's not going to dump her R219 and he's going to continue to work as he always has. CNN will probably ask her back because the ratings were very good.
- Matt Dallas just came out, first celeb of year. Kinda duh no brainer like AC but unlike AC Matt did lie about having girlfriends and all that....
- the only way Kathy won't be back next NYE is if CNN gets rid of Anderson.
- That's not going to happen either R222.
- when hell freezes over R222
- What happened to this thread?
- There's nothing going on with AC now so everything stops. There's no gossip or pics of him and Ben and nothing to talk about. Something will turn up at some point.
- Remember those poor crazy women who used to swear on DL for years that AC was at least bisexual? There was even one who claimed that Anderson had a secret girlfriend, and that he let those gay rumors flourish as a way to protect her! They must feel so foolish now that AC has not only come out, but has stated unequivocally that he never had any interest in women. Told you so, silly frau!
- Anderson is a five gold-star A gay.
- He says he's had *some* experience with women, maybe not sex but he said he *dated* them, but was only interested in meeting their brothers. He's close to those "purebread" gays that Andrew Rannells talks about.
- Yes, we know he dated them, as he was happy to talk about his dates with women.
- The NYE show was more interesting when you watched to see if she would out him. Now there is no expectation of anything interesting. It was dull this year and can only go downhill from here.
- R229 that was a very funny video embedded in that article of Anderson talking about dating girls "when he was 12". LOL. I guess that show airs tomorrow (not really live but I guess it was live when it was taped).
- I loved the NYE show and it was a big hit. As Kathy said, AC being gay was never really a part of the NYE show to begin with, so it didn't matter if they dealt with it or not.
- [quote] As Kathy said, AC being gay was never really a part of the NYE show to begin with,
And you believe that? Would you be interested in a getting a major share of the tolls on the George Washington Bridge?
Did you ever hear the expression "elephant in the room"? There was an elephant sitting between Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper every time they appeared on camera prior to the summer of 2012.
- What was always there was Kathy's schtick of trying to seduce Anderson and him rebuffing her, the same thing that was done on this year's NYE show, no change.
- Today's anderson live is pretty funny. AC was doing a segament on "What women want" in relationships and Terrence shouts "Since when did you know what women want Anderson?" The whole crowd laughed so did AC. AC explained that when he was 12 or 13 a girl thought they were "dating" and he listended to her. LOL It was classic stuff.
Also I guess I don't blame him but he is obsessed with flu. Watching his show has made me paranoid im going to get it.
- I saw that segment too, and I loved it! Yet another nail in the coffin that AC was ever even remotely attracted to women. He said that the only reason he was spending any time with those girls when he was 12 was because he was interested in their brothers, lol! He said he had no idea those girls thought they were dating because nothing sexual happened, not even kissing, and that all they did was talk and listen. If he knew at age 12 that he was only attracted to guys, then he definitely is a gay pure blood. I say, good for him!
- At 12 I thought I liked girls... Boy was I wrong by 11th grade had my first bf or real dating expierence. I don't know if people are born gay or straight but as you get older you do realize who you like or want to date. AC knew at a young age. Terrence too! lol
- He should get Terrance to co-host - they are funny together - they are both sarcastic and bitchy. AC rarely does shows about relationships so I was glad to see him having this discussion. He was done with women pretty quickly but he says he's still friends with the women he "dated". I wonder how their brothers feel about him saying he only wanted to meet THEM. I hope he starts talking about being in a relationsip with men.
- [quote]What was always there was Kathy's schtick of trying to seduce Anderson and him rebuffing her, the same thing that was done on this year's NYE show, no change.
And her schtick held everyone on edge in previous years to see if she would out him the way she did Ryan Seacrest and Clay Akin. That's all gone and that's why it fell flat this year.
- R239 Seriously? Terence co-host? He has way too much face time for a producer. He is annoying and seems to be looking for attention now that the show's not been renewed and he'll be out of a job. Then again, in my opinion, he's the one who killed it. Once he came on as EP it became the TLC promotional hour. Terence is the one with ties to TLC. Now it's Terence's friends for co-hosts as often as he can get away with it and airtime for Terence's dog in clothes.
While I enjoy Anderson and his sense of humor and sometimes odd interests, this is not the talk show Anderson described when the show was announced. Too bad Terence ever was brought on board.
I felt bad for Chris Coffer today. I like him and his segment was short and like an after thought. He was the only intelligent guest today and he got the least amount of time. Need I say more?
- [quote]That's all gone and that's why it fell flat this year.
But you see, it DIDN'T fall flat at all. Maybe for you personally, yes, but the majority of comments I've seen about the NYE show were positive and most people seem to get a lot of laughs out of it and the ratings were good. What people like seeing is Kathy making AC uncomfortable, get him giggling and maybe saying the wrong thing. It's not old, it's still working or else the ratings would've been lousy, they weren't.
- I hate to say it but R241 is right. It's become all about reality shows/stars and has become way too gay for daytime t.v. The gay community may like that but it's too much for the audience that is supposed to be watching: housewives. I think it's hilarious sometimes. Some of the things that come out of Anderson's mouth are so unexpected and funny but for a "serious" news anchor it's going a little far. Maybe that's just because it's been canceled and he's said fuck it I don't give a shit anymore. Very possible. But it's still going to affect his "brand" I suppose. I still think the show is good but it's not up there with Ellen that's for sure.
- I don't mind Terrance breaking in on the show with a comment or two, I think he's funny with AC, but I don't like all the TLC or Bravo promos/guests on the show. Anderson actually did say that the show would focus on his interests and reality TV was a part of that - he used to talk a lot about reality TV even when he'd co-host with Kelly Ripa, so he's into it but I wish they'd go outside the box a little bit more. What I do like is what R243 alludes to about Anderson being funny and saying things that you wouldn't expect him to say. I like seeing his other side and I can still respect what he does on CNN at night.
- Anyone know anything about this? Does Ben have a sister? And "on/off byfriend" - I thought they were pretty steady. Ben was with Anderson in Times Square on NYE, but then so was Pablo. I don't think Ben was with Anderson in Hawaii or LA this past weekend though. There was a tweet about "the man that has kissed Anderson Cooper" being at Bedlam Saturday night, unless that tweet was talking about someone other than Ben, I guess.
Anyone know anything?
- r245 Well, Ben isn't Latino. So she's either mistaken or not talking about Ben. Even if she were talking about Ben, I doubt he has a sister living in South Carolina of all places.
I doubt Ben would've accompanied Anderson to LA just for a day or a weekend.
Linked that other tweet. Sounds like it's about Ben.
- R246 - The boss doesn't necessarily have to live in the same state - could be in NYC or even France. And sometimes people date people in other states - so I wouldn't rule it out, based on that.
Haven't other people thought Ben looked Latino or am I mistaken? Or for all we know, I guess they could have an open relationship and Anderson has someone on the side, too?
Just curious is anyone knew anything other than guessing...
- [quote]Just curious is anyone knew anything other than guessing...
Bitch please, what fun is THAT?
- Ben could pass for latino.
On Jan 13 Ben tweeted that Bedlam was "insane", the same night the guy tweeted about how he could've kissed him, so AC was in L.A. alone.
- Where have all of the "AC needs more black cohost" trolls? Let's see black cohost today, tomorrow, Tboz was on earlier of the week. Happy now? Tried to make it seem AC is prejudice against blacks.
- Today's daytime show was very busy. AC and his staff act like the season is cancelled after this season. Shows I believe stop being taped by end of march. Ac is looking a bit thinner so many he can used to this to buff up like 2007-2011 now he will have more time to workout.
- There aren't any "why doesn't AC have any black co-host on his show" R250. It's all in your head.
- And by the way R241maybe folks will start watching the show again if Terrance was host. I know I would.
- R252 starting on page 20 of the thread I've attached there was plenty of talk about Anderson not having enough black co-hosts on his show. Check it out.
- R253 After watching today I think you are out of luck. Anderson was clearly annoyed with Terence butting it to the conversation as he told him today he didn't know what he was talking about and they needed to "cut his mic".... Terence response expression was that of a 2 year old. Need I say more?
- AC was just joking and being snarky like he always is with Terrence. Don't think they won't be play fighting again. Terrence was still talking later in the show. I love when they fight.
- Terence may have his haters, but apparently some people want MORE of his and AC's banter. Some are calling for him to co-host. I like the idea myself.
- R257 So apparently these people care nothing about Anderson's journalistic integrity. Bitchy queen won't fly for a journalist on CBS or CNN.
- Some of us recognize that he can do both things and respect him for that. If CBS or CNN didn't like what he was doing, they'd fire him. He's still on both networks after having done the talkshow for 2 seasons.
- R259 - But he hasn't played the bitchy queen role much - it's just starting to come out when Terence goats him into it. I think Anderson is realizing it as there wasn't much interaction between them today - just Terence trying to make him look stupid with the "bangs" picture.
Anderson's currently under contract with CNN and CBS and the talk show hasn't been renewed. If he were to get a new talk show with Terence as co-host, I'm guessing there would be no contract negotiations at CNN or CBS when his contract is up at the end of this year.
In all of Anderson's recent interviews he rarely, if ever, mentions the talk show, but he does talk about his reporting for CNN and CBS. He did no promotion for the talk show's new season over the summer and little to none when the new season started. I think it's safe to say Anderson is over the talk show and realizes now that it was probably a mistake.
He may have a few vocal fans that would like he and Terence to co-host a talk show and Terence is pushing the idea on his Twitter feed, but I don't think the audience for bitchy queens on a daily basis would be a fraction of his current talk show audience and we know where those numbers got him - canceled.
I will miss Anderson's lighter side that we see glimpses of on the talk show, I won't miss Terence or his dog in clothes pushed on the audience.
- Well I hope it works out that AC and Terence can get together because I would LOVE it, even if it only last for one season.
- R261 - The big question is is it something Anderson wants? Unless he wants it, it's not going to happen and I haven't seen him promoting the idea - just Terence.
- We'll see. He wanted his daytime show to work and I think he would've liked it to continue. He might want another opportunity to try again. If not, fine, but I hope he's into it.
- Is there another thread somewhere because nothing is being used on here anymore since the 18th.
- The latest news/rumor says that AC and Ben are having a big party at the firehouse on Saturday night for Ben's 40th birthday.
- Oh that makes sense... R265 I bet it will be fantastic.
Toaday's show Terrence showed he went to get botox which of course AC refused to go too. Seems like according to doctor AC needs alot of work done. He is kinda wrinkly. I think he may look younger if he got at least his hair dyed. he's 45 and looks 10 to 20 years older.
- If the link works, check out this picture. If he looks "10-20" years older (which I strongly disagree) it's a HOT 10-20 years older. He has good skin and from the looks of it, he's not wearing studio make-up, he was out at an event. He looks fine for his age and doesn't need work.
- Anyone who recommends Botox for a man needs to have his head examined. Given Terrence's plastic-looking face, I don't think Anderson has anything to worry about when it comes to who's the better looking of the two.
- Thank you R268.
- Anyone else thinks that Terence is angling for a show of his own since Anderson Live wasn't re-newed? He's on pretty much daily, now. He has neither the face or voice for television and he's a two note topic - Botox or dressing up his tiny dog in clothes.
I've never seen another EP of a show with so much face time - most are rarely is ever seen/heard. It's pretty much unprofessional, IMO. This week Anderson has really started snarking back - I think he's had it. Guess Terence didn't get the memo that when he was brought in to make the show a success and he tanked it.
- Gelman on R&K, if he's still on used to do a lot of talking. But I do think Terence is out for himself. I don't mind him messing with AC so much because I like to see how AC will react, but I sense Anderson's become fed up with him or maybe we are reading too much into their little battles. Anyway, it's kind of obvious that Terence is angling for a show of his own or maybe even a show he and AC can do.
- R271 I think Anderson is over daytime for now. He's putting in his time through the end of March and that's about it. He just stated on today's show that he's not going to hang out with Terence on the weekends, so I don't see AC signing up to do another show with Terence as much as Terence may want one. I do see Terence angling for a show of his own, now he's losing this job and he left Dr. Oz to take this job.
- Maybe he's had his fill of it, but I have a feeling he'd want to try it again to do it in a better way.
- R273 I could see that as I don't think he got to do the talk show he wanted to do, the one he initially described pre-production. I think his staff failed him big time as they were too young and/or too inexperienced. He needed a Gellman or a Bill Getty to guide and mentor him since he was new to daytime himself. Sadly, that's not what he got.
- Don't think for a minute AC wasn't in control of every aspect of his show. His staff did not fail him. HE failed himself. It's his fault the show didn't succeed. Plain and simple it's his faught his nite time show isn't succeeding.
- Blah blah blah anti AC troll @ R275. You know you can't live without him.
- LEAVE ME ALONE benderfrau and let me post in PEACE! Why do you think no one hardly ever post on AC threads anymore? YOU darling!
- Sorry anti-AC troll, you don't control this thread or this site, deal with it if someone disagrees with you. No peace here sweetie, better live with it, I don't owe you a thing darlin.
- Someone took this pic of AC on the subway tonight
- i was at the party on saturday
- R280 so what are you willing to share? We know there was a party. Who attended? Small party or large party? Anderson and Ben details please. Since it was Ben's 40th, I sure hope he had a good time?
- the usual suspects (kelly, mark, andy etc...) felt like a big gay fest with loads of booze and party treats. anderson was really charming.
- How much of the firehouse did you get to see R280 and was the crowd just mainly those arty/club types Ben hangs with? How many people looked to be there? And the most important question of all, did you see AC and Ben kiss?!
- all 5 floors. there was a list at door. apparently all have very open relationships. saw no kissing but at times were affectionate. the guys were mostly chelsea types with tight t-shirts and well groomed facial hair. about 100 people, it was a good time. hard to give details because i don't know them; i was a guest of someone who is close with them.
- I thought the firehouse was just 3 floors, it's bigger than I thought. Sounds like it was an amazing party.
- R284, was there a place where people danced, like a special room with a dance floor? What kind of music did they play? Was there a DJ?
- [quote] apparently all have very open relationships
Who has an open relationship, AC and Ben?
- Sounds like Anderson is still thinks of himself at the self-entitled single guy. Commitment (ie marriage) would mean having to "support" someone if a breakup.
- apparently kelly & mark have an agreement. she was really cool and partying her little self on her own. mark and andy cohen are very close and always together. it was weird to look at anderson and think he was gay and with ben. he was the host with the most and obviously getting something elsewhere, or not into sex.
- [quote]it was weird to look at anderson and think he was gay and with ben. he was the host with the most and obviously getting something elsewhere, or not into sex.
Are you saying he wasn't paying close attention to Ben? I'm not sure what this means.
- anderson was working the entire party and making sure his guests were ok. ben on the other hand was with a group of friends all the time. both were really nice and very down to earth. i just found the dynamic a little weird, almost too open.
- Ok, I see what you mean R291. I think they're probably just secure with each other and the strength of their relationship/commitment and don't necessarily have to be on each other 24/7.
- exactly. the house is gorgeous by the way.
- I can imagine how amazing the interior of the firehouse is, I envy you for having gotten a look at it.
- Thank you for your report, r291/r293. Please tell us more about the house. I hear they have amazing artworks, do you remember anything in particular that you saw?
- Is there a basement or are all five floors above ground? Are you counting the roof garden as one of the floors?
- correct- there's a basement and rooftop. the party was mostly in the kitchen/dining area with a big lounge living room, old school record player, tiled walls with original firehouse fixtures. there are different textured walls, some red and some grey. brick walled wine cellar with beautiful hanging pendants, tons of cool bottles, books and wall art, bistro style tables for small groups to huddle. he had a video booth like the one on his show and everyone took pictures all night. andy cohen was hogging up the camera (of course). i did not go into his bedroom or bathroom. everyone was very discreet and for the most part very respectful and friendly.
- Thanks a lot R297! That's more detail on the firehouse than we've ever gotten here. It sounds like some of Ben's club decor style has made it to the firehouse. Do they still have those giant Russian taxidermied bears.
- Did AC dance? Did he dance with Ben at all?
- Thanks R297. What's the rooftop like? And what's in the basement, apart from the wine cellar?
By the way, I'm surprised we haven't heard in a really long time from the angry nut who's always saying that AC and Ben are on the verge of breaking up. Usually, we can't have an AC thread without her swearing that there's trouble in paradise, that their relationship is on the rocks, that one is cheating on the other, etc... Her silence for such an extended period of time is rather surprising. I have a feeling we'll hear from her soon.
- Are you REALLY surprised or disappointed R300? Why even bring it up? Just be thankful for the silence.
- [quote]By the way, I'm surprised we haven't heard in a really long time from the angry nut who's always saying that AC and Ben are on the verge of breaking up. Usually, we can't have an AC thread without her swearing that there's trouble in paradise, that their relationship is on the rocks, that one is cheating on the other, etc... Her silence for such an extended period of time is rather surprising. I have a feeling we'll hear from her soon.
I guess you're stirring the pot to get things cooking again. Is this thread too dull for you? Maybe your last sentence is your way of announcing your pending arrival as "the angry nut" once again.
- I agree with R302, sounds like someone is trying to stir the pot again. Get ready for some unsubstantiated break up or cheating rumor being presented to us soon...
- no dancing from anderson. yes, stuffed animals still there. i can honestly say that ben and anderson are obviously a couple, both are affectionate with each other but maybe not as exclusive as we would hope. nothing else to report.
- Thanks for providing all the info R304.
- Multiples (including the fake insiders) please take your MEDS and stop answering your own questions!
- Here goes R306 and her accusations of "multiples" again! We haven't heard from that crazy bitch in a while, wonder what happened, did her Internet privileges got revoked at the psych ward?
- Who cares about it R307? I just hope we get more AC/Ben gossip and pics soon.
- Anderson Cooper 180?!?!?
- R307 Maybe she decided to ignore the benderhoes and join another blog site because she knows you are cray cray and fulll of shit. Carry on having conversations with yourself. You'll have plenty of time especially now the AC360 has been cut down to only 1 hour a day. First AC's daytime show is cancelled and now this. Poor thing.
- Looks like Ben has been nothing but BAD luck. AC's career has been going down the drain since they hooked up.
- AC is doing better than the anti AC troll who has nothing going on other than digging up threads to post unsubstantiated rumors. As someone pointed out on the other AC thread, the troll better HOPE AC keeps his jobs because how will she be able continue posting her boring rants against him if he's got no career? That's all the anti-AC troll has to do all day. It's what keeps her going. She got out of the other thread because she got READ so severely and couldn't take the heat/truth. AC loves Ben and AC will work regardless. He does not look worried about a thing, you foolish trolls.
- Thank you R312! R310/r311 needs to find herself another hobby instead of boring us all with her constant whining about Anderson and her paranoia about "multiples" posting on DL.
[quote]Looks like Ben has been nothing but BAD luck. AC's career has been going down the drain since they hooked up.
Speaking of people who are "cray cray and full of shit" R310, only a crazy person would believe such nonsense.
- No new pics? Guess have to wait till vanity fair oscar party.
And we don't really know how exclusive they really are. Maybe they are or have an open relationship. Not my cup of tea to agree on open but to each its own.
- There was some talk around the time of the Ben kissing other guy pics that they had an open relationship, but there were others saying they were exclusive. I tend to think they're exclusive, but you never know...they may be very progressive and don't define their relationship one way or another, but it does seem that Ben is really integrated into Anderson's entire life.
- Is Anderson back to a 4 day work week now?
- I thought he was here the whole week, he was even reporting from Sweden on Monday.
- On 360 tonight, Anderson mentioned that the former LA cop who's being hunted down in California after he went on a killing spree sent him a parcel containing a coin with a bullet hole. I can't even imagine what it must feel like to receive something from a deranged killer. Pretty scary...
Anderson also mentioned tonight that he gets a lot of nutty correspondence that doesn't make it to him but is instead intercepted by CNN security. I have a feeling people like R310/r311 are probably among those who send AC crazy stuff.
- Fugitive ex-cop sent parcel to CNN, Anderson Cooper tweets
February 7, 2013 | 4:08 pm
CNN Anchor Anderson Cooper said via Twitter on Thursday that he received a parcel from the former Los Angeles police officer wanted in connection with a series of shootings that have left three people dead and two wounded.
Cooper shared the news on the social media website around 3 p.m.
“Learned today suspect Christopher Dorner sent me a parcel at CNN,” Cooper tweeted. “Inside was a note, DVD, and a coin shot thru with bullet holes.”
Cooper did not immediately release any additional information.
- Probably R318
That fugitive apparently sent those packages to a few news folks.
- Today's daytime show was so weird but kinda fun. Anderson had some Freakshow family on... a daughter swallowing fire. A guy swallowing a round metal object then taking a sword and jamming in in his mouth to get the ball back... it was creepy. Too creepy by the point a woman came out to swallow a lightbulb I turned it off. Then AC said he liked this teddy bears that were so CREEPY. Lik evil teddy bears and some were bleeding and brains exposed it was gross!
AC seeing some many sick things out on the field all those years have defintely screwed up his mind. Seeing dead bodies, and people being killed has turned him to a person who get's off on these weird stuff I think. I'm not sure if i'd want to hang out with AC now lol. Too much for me.
- AC taking off tonight and probably next week (no Anderson Live tapings scheduled). He's probably spending a romantic Valentine's Day/night with Ben and then going on vacation.
- AC, Ben and Andy Cohen are apparently vacationing in Brazil.
- Ben and Anderson can't handle going off alone together, apparently.
- [quote]AC, Ben and Andy Cohen are apparently vacationing in Brazil.
Doesn't Anderson have a side piece down in Brazil? With Andy along, maybe they're going in for some group evolutions. Where is Mark Consuelos this week?
- AC and Ben have been on lots of trips together without their buddies but I guess they enjoy group vacations a lot. Ben's Bedlam partner Pablo is with them too.
I don't think there are any side pieces in AC's life. Seems like he's totally exclusive with Ben.
- R326 It seems like the last couple of years they've been on group vacations or Ben's tagged along when AC traveled for 60 Minutes.
The person that attended Ben's birthday party said either AC wasn't into sex or was getting some somewhere else and that they weren't as exclusive as most want them to be. It's not like it would be uncommon for both of them to have side pieces and I think it's been established Ben has one or more.
- If Pablo is with Benderson and Andy Cohen in Rio, is he dating Mr Cohen?
R324, AC and Ben have been on vacation alone plenty of times. I don't think "they can't handle" being without other people.
- They could be dating R328.
I think the party spy ended up agreeing with a commenter who said that AC and Ben are secure in their relationship and don't have to be all over each other 24/7. That could also mean secure enough to have an open relationship but I just don't think they do.
- R329 Think what you want. I think the "party spy" realized he wasn't saying what some here wanted to hear/think - so he just quit trying and agreed.
Reading between the lines and having attended enough parties, I'm guessing Ben and others were "entertaining" each other in some of the bedrooms in a very discreet sort of way and Anderson was busy playing host. The person said they were obviously a couple - doesn't mean their relationship isn't open and they don't both enjoy a little something on the side. Or maybe Ben wants more sex in his life and Anderson is okay with that. Whatever their agreement is, it's theirs and as long as it works for them, it's nobody else's business.
Unless you know them personally, all you are doing is guessing and nothing more. Don't pretend to know something you don't.
- [quote]Unless you know them personally, all you are doing is guessing and nothing more. Don't pretend to know something you don't.
Isn't that EXACTLY what you're doing in the following comment, r330?:
[quote]Reading between the lines and having attended enough parties, I'm guessing Ben and others were "entertaining" each other in some of the bedrooms in a very discreet sort of way and Anderson was busy playing host.
That's a big assumption you're making here. Nothing in the party spy's comments suggested that anything like what you're describing was going on. Personally, I don't really care either way, but I think it's interesting that you believe that "the "party spy" realized he wasn't saying what some here wanted to hear/think - so he just quit trying and agreed." It just seems to me that's what you think the party spy was saying because that's just what you want to believe. Besides, how do we know his word is worth antything?
- R331 If you read what I wrote, I said I'm "guessing" - nothing more. Sorry I offended you.
When the "party spy" (your words) said they didn't go the bedroom, but people were being discrete - that often means that people are sneaking off for a bit in pairs, but maybe you haven't been to a party where that's happened before.
Again, sorry I offended you. You believe what you choose to and I'll believe what I chose to. Bottom line is it's their relationship and what they agree to is between them.
- Wow R330, no need to be rude. I didn't accuse you of anything, I was trying to have a civil discussion with you. You didn't even notice that I agreed that there was a possibility that they had an open relationship. I'm not "pretending" to know what goes on with them, I'm exploring possibilities like you and everyone else is.
- [quote]It's not like it would be uncommon for both of them to have side pieces and I think it's been established Ben has one or more.
I agree. They seem to have an open relationship and that's a good thing because it gives them a bit of variety in their life.
- R333 I didn't realize saying I was sorry I offended you was being rude. Perhaps this is why so few people post here any more?
- R335 your comment about me "pretending to know something I didn't" seemed a little harsh when all of us are speculating here People don't post because no one likes it when a minor comment gets misconstrued.
- I wonder if they'll post pics of their trip. AC generally doesn't post vacation pics unless he's on one of those work/trip things. Ben, Andy or Pablo might post a pic from Brazil.
AC has really given up on the daytime show and is just saying anything. Terence was telling the guest to stop using the word "penis" and AC just blurted out ANOTHER bleeped word for it and the audience cracked up. I think that's his REAL personality, kind of wild and not so buttoned up.
- Well here's a pic from Pablo. It's lovely weather in Rio and maybe he took it from their five star hotel or fancy restaurant because it's close to the beach.
- "Someone's" on the attack again:
[quote]Skully @skully_2 So @andersoncooper is in Brazil w/drunk scummy @BravoAndy & @BedlamNYC...he'll stay in bars drunk whole time, look like sh** when he returns
Is Carnival going on in Brazil? Maybe that's why they went.
- Is this @skully for real? What a pathetic loser! Sounds like 88angel to me.
- So any pics of AC and Brazil yet? Skully is probably 88angel who is using one of her many accounts.
- I haven't seen any pics of them yet. Maybe someone will catch them out, but most people don't like to take pics and intrude.
@skully's Twitter page is non-stop AC/Ben bashing and trashing. She seems to believe Ben is a drug addict.
- He went to some kind of Carnivale event.
- Pic of AC and a fan in Rio. No candids of him and Ben and the others yet.
- I'll say this for Wonder Bread, he's got some guns going on.
- [quote]AC taking off tonight
That was the 14th, two days after Rio Carnival ended. Did they miss the whole thing?
- I guess so R346, maybe they didn't go to Brazil to see it. I'm sure AC's seen it several times by now.
- [quote]I'm sure AC's seen it several times by now.
No doubt, you're right about that.
- One of the Carnival parades was last night - not sure why it was after official Carnival had passed, but it was. Here's a write up and a picture of Anderson. Andy Cohen is to the right, but no one else that I recognize in the background.
I thought Ben would have posted a picture to his Instagram page by now. He has when they've been to the Madonna concerts - NYC and Paris, in Portugal, to see Roger Waters, in Botswana, etc. Did Ben maybe not make this trip? Too busy with the new bar? Just curious if anyone knows anything since the Twitter sighting just said Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen on Friday night.
- Sometimes people don't recognize Ben or don't know that he's AC's bf. He might be there, I guess if Pablo's there, Ben's there - but yes, he might be busy dealing with the bar. It's just hard to see AC going to Brazil without his main squeeze. Meanwhile AC's been taking lots of pics with Brazilian fans.
- Is it confirmed Ben is opening a new bar?
- No, it's not confirmed but we think he probably is opening a new bar in the near future.
- Found this on another AC site. AC with Andy C, Pablo and I guess the other guys he traveled with to Brazil. Maybe Ben took the picture but I don't see him. Figures he'd stay out of the pic.
- [quote]Maybe Ben took the picture but I don't see him. Figures he'd stay out of the pic.
Ben doesn't like to be in pictures.
- Yeah, I think Ben took the pic. Pablo doesn't look very nice, meaning he looks mean. On the Bedlam Yelp sight there are some complaints that one of the owners was rude and abusive and it's probably Pablo.
- Pablo is always on vacation with AC/Ben/Andy Cohen. I think Andy Cohen is dating Pablo.
- R 356 Andy wasn't with Pablo, Ben and AC in Utah last fall - he was in LI at the time. Nor was Pablo in Paris with them last summer or on the yacht vacation last summer. I think it's a stretch that Pablo is dating Andy. When Pablo was with at the Madonna concert in NYC, Andy was on WWHL.
Not sure why people think Ben doesn't like to have his picture taken when he's posed with AC and Fergie, with AC's crew in Haiti, and a few other photos. I find it odd that Ben wouldn't be in that picture if he's in Rio. It's not like a group picture would confirm anything more than any of the other pictures that already exist of he and Anderson. Not saying he's not in Rio, just not buy the fact that he's not in the picture because he doesn't like to have his picture taken.
- Just because Ben has been photographed in the past on a few occasions with Anderson while abroad doesn´t mean that he´ll always do so, R357. In general, Ben is pretty low-key and doesn´t seem to seek the spotlight, as others have observed. For example, apart from those pics with Anderson´s CNN crew taken at a club in Haiti, I don´t remember seeing a single pic taken during any of the many vacations he and AC have taken where he willingly posed. Also, none of the pics on his Instagrams show him (which is pretty refreshing when compared to how most gay men use Instagram as a monument to their ego by posting self portrait after self portrait). I remember on article on Queerty when a bunch of famous people(Kelly Ripa and NPH among them) were photographed hanging out at Bedlam with Ben, and the writer specifically mentioned that he refused to have his pic taken. So yes R357, there´s some validity to the argument that Ben doesn´t care for having his pic taken, especially if he knows it´s going to end up on somebody else´s Instagram.
I think there´s a good chance that R355 is right and that Ben took that picture.
- R358 While Ben may not have posed with Anderson a lot, he's certainly been photographed with him on a lot of occasions. And in the past when they've traveled together, Ben has posted pics from there local or concerts, inside the firehouse, etc. It's not like he seems to not want it known he's dating Anderson. I find it odd that he didn't post a pic from the parade, the beach, with Pablo and their friends from Rio - the fact that no one mentions him and he hasn't posted any photos, just makes me wonder what's going on. It's certainly different than past vacations, especially since Anderson came out.
- It just doesn't make sense that AC would take his vacation without Ben, he must be there but just avoiding the camera by being the one who's taking the pics.
- I remember one or two times when some of us thought Ben wasn't around only to find out later he actually was.
- He probably is, but something just seems odd. Andy doesn't seem to typically travel with this group and Ben's not posting any location pictures. I'm sure a picture of him will turn up soon, but it makes me wonder what's really going on.
- Maybe he doesn't want to use Instagram or has figured out that AC's fans are making connections about their trips and he feels like his privacy's being invaded?
- [quote]it makes me wonder what's really going on.
I think you're right. There really is something going on. We'll soon know.
- Here's a pic of Ben when he vacationed in Utah with pals and maybe AC.
- Ben is super hot in that group pics, R365.
- Yes R366, his body is slammin'.
- [quote]Ben is super hot in that group pics
He really stands out from all the others with that Penn State shirt he's wearing.
- And that is why Anderson hasn't left him. Ben probably has a hold on him that won't quit. If AC tried to leave, he'd end up going back and if Ben left him, he'd BEG him to come back.
- I notice that Andy Cohen and AC are just wearing regular T-shirts on the pic @R353 and the other guys are wearing those sexier styles. If Ben's there, you KNOW he's wearing the sexy t-shirt but AC and AC can't be seen looking too provocative since they are respectable TV gentlemen.
- AC still looks like he workous out judging by those pics. His biceps still big. Andy Cohen looks alittle Buff too. Ben is probably taking some pics.
- [quote]He really stands out from all the others with that Penn State shirt he's wearing.
Ben is helping Penn State pay off the $27 million they've spent on the Sandusky scandal, so he buys their t-shirts.
- AC still looks pretty buff. Not liek Ben of course with the veins but he's still hitting the gym somehow...
- This Brazilian columnist seems to be implying that AC had and affair or hook-up with some guy in Ipanema.
[quote]Before enjoying the parade of samba schools of Rio Carnival champions a box of Sapucaí, CNN journalist Anderson Cooper circled the edge of Ipanema, in the south zone of Rio, on Saturday afternoon, without being noticed. The presenter strolled the boardwalk, wearing shorts and T-shirt, along with a beautiful dark healed, he was shirtless, and looked more like a tourist in the hot sun of the city. Cooper is openly gay and reportedly was a dalliance with a resident of Rio.
We know he loves those Latin men, unless someone has mistaken Ben for a resident of Rio.
- Looks like Pablo and some of the group have left Rio for another Brazil location. Not sure if Anderson and Andy are with or other guy in that group pic and his friend who are also from NYC.
What happened to all the people on here who claimed to be "in the know" and go to Bedlam? Is Ben in NYC working on the new bar, something amiss between he and Anderson or is he in Brazil with the group?
- Someone on another site is saying that AC is having a fling with one of those dudes in the pic with Andy Cohen/Pablo. They say the dude is the same one who was pictured having breakfast with AC a while back. AC and Ben may have an arrangement.
- Ben is in Brazil with AC but he's staying out of all the pics. I'm surprised no one has caught him.
- R377 The big question is how does Page Six know Ben is with. They interviewed the Brazilian Press about the shirts AC and Andy were wearing in the photos and AC's rep about him endorsing the brand.
Page Six was always about trying to out Anderson before he was out, and now it sounds like they are trying to paint the picture of him as a big party person/drinker - lewd and debauched. And why not add the gay boyfriend who is part owner of two gay bars into the story to enhance it and make it sound more damning?
I'm not saying Ben isn't with -just not saying I believe everything Page Six prints. It's gossip and rumors mostly and sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong. Time will tell.
- My God..if you have to keep commenting on this insipid,albino twat would you PLEASE get another subject heading! It's almost spring!
- R377 Also, if Ben is with he apparently has no problem with AC having a dalliance with a local - as printed in a local paper. So apparently their relationship is an open one?
- R378/380 you do have a point about the Post and its history of unreliability. But it's possible that the Brazilian press mistook Ben for a local - I think he could pass for Latin. I guess we'll get a definitive answer at some point. Ben hasn't posted any pics on Instagram yet as far as I know.
- Could the guy Ben was kissing in those controversial "cheating" pics last August be Josh Wood? In a way, it looks like him and he and Ben are obviously close. But I don't know, maybe Josh is straight!
- R380: why would Ben have a problem with Anderson hooking up with other men? Anderson's the one with the money, the one with control. Ben complies, he wants to hang on to his money machine.
- R378 seems really determined to argue that Ben isn´t in Rio when all signs point to him being there. Why would Anderson take Ben´s business partner Pablo on a trip if Ben wasn´t on that vacation? And now we have confirmation that Ben is in Rio with Anderson from Page Six, but still that´s not enough for R378. As R361 observed, Ben has often been shown to be part of a trip after many of us believed he wasn´t there. Some people on DL are just not willing to accept the simple fact that Ben is part of this trip too.
- R384 - Did you read my whole post? I said I'm not saying Ben isn't there, just wonder how PageSix knows, when the article seems to be all about the shirt Anderson was wearing and the beer brand. Ben may very well be along, I just don't believe everything PageSix prints.
I found it odd they didn't mention Ben was seen wearing the shirt when they mentioned Anderson and Andy Cohen were seen wearing them. Since it was required attire for the box - wouldn't Ben have been wearing the shirt too or was he not in the box with the rest of the group? My personal belief is that Page Six saw the group picture, wanted to make a big deal out of the shirt and just assumed Ben was with or added that he was to further make the point that gay Anderson is partying with his gay boyfriend (which he won't mention) who is part owner of two gay bars. It's the type of smear crap PageSix likes to do and every chance they get with Anderson. They did the same type of stuff before he came out. They knew the shirt was required - all you had to do is look at the photos posted and everyone there is wearing the shirt, men, women, gay, straight. It's just PageSix being PageSix.
R382 Josh Wood is a gay party promoter. He's more well known in NYC than Ben and I'm sure had it been him, the media would have identified him vs. wondering who the "mystery" man was. Last I saw Josh had a steady partner. I'm guessing Ben met him through bar promotions when he was bartending and then opened EB and later Bedlam.
Someone on the another site is saying Leo Neves wasn't in Rio when Anderson was there because of a photo Pablo posted and comments on the photo. Leo is in the group photo at the parade, one of the Rio papers that interviewed Anderson said he was there visiting friends, among them Leo Neves. It seems from Pablo's picture (he identified the location) they have left Rio for a quieter beach area farther North in Brazil.
I'm sure photos will appear of Anderson and Ben in LA this weekend for the Oscars.
- Here's a good photo of Anderson and Ben at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party last year.
- That is a nice pic of them R386. I remember that there were no pics of them seated at the VF dinner table like there had been in previous years, I wonder if that's going to happen again.
- [quote]Last I saw Josh had a steady partner.
So does Ben, but the guy in the pic sort of resembles Josh Wood.
- *If* Ben's not with AC in Brazil, maybe he'll meet up with him in L.A. for the Vanity Fair Oscar Party.
- [quote]My God..if you have to keep commenting on this insipid, albino twat would you PLEASE get another subject heading! It's almost spring!
Gone are the days when a half dozen new Cooper threads would be posted each week with 3 or 4 on the front page at all times. Since you obviously dislike him so much, it would seem to follow that you would be pleased that there's only one or two active AC threads.
- Interesting thread. Nice photo of AC and Ben at Vanity Fair last year.
Why is Ben so close with that josh wood guy in that pic? R382 Page six making something out of nothing as usual. Now that AC is "out" what do they have to write about??
- R385, I can´t imagine why Anderson would go on a vacation with Ben´s business partner Pablo unless Ben himself was also on that trip. So it stands to reason than Ben is in Brazil, as Page Six confirmed. I don´t understand why you´re so keen on splitting hair here.
Can someone post a link to Pablo´s Instagram pic showing the quieter beach area farther North where they are now?
- [quote]Why is Ben so close with that josh wood guy in that pic?
That's what I want to know. I remember the person who posted about being at Ben's birthday party saying that he didn't think AC and Ben were as monogamous as we had "hoped". Seems like something's up.
Daily Mail has the Brazil story and are saying Ben was there, but they don't have a pic of him, just like the Post doesn't.
- Pablo is gay too?
- I don't want an open relationship but i've known a few couples that agree to it. I don't know. I'm more conventional in that aspect of relationships I guess.
- R392 Here's the link to the photo Pablo posted from Trancoso. Andy Cohen tweeted a link to a picture of himself on what looks like the same beach today. Pablo is gay, too. All the guys in that group photo from the parade are gay.
As far as the Daily Mail, they are like the National Enguirer and just enhancing what PageSix posted earlier, along with other pictures already posted on the Internet. Neither have a source in Rio that they even hinted at and again no picture that shows Ben even in the background. Not saying he's not there, just not saying because PageSix mentioned it, that it's been confirmed. Both are gossip/rumor sites and nothing more.
Ben obviously posed with Anderson in the Vanity Fair photo booth last year, nice picture by the way, so I don't see why he wouldn't have posed at the parade in the group of friends picture.
I'm also curious why Ben has only tweeted (a retweet) to the Bedlam Twitter feed once in over two weeks. He's typically promoting events at the bar several times a week. Also, he hasn't posted a photo to his Instagram page since just after the first of the year - not even anything from the bar. I just find that odd that he seems to have quit promoting Bedlam via social media. Anyone know anything about that?
- Meanwhile Jillian Michaels will be on AC Live today to teach AC how to be flexible.
- R396, Ben might be working on his other bar and not really able to update the Bedlam site, but he does have a partner there who could do it, but he's on vacation with AC. I think he might be distracted by the planning of the West Village bar.
- Does E! News think Pablo is Ben?
- Does E! News think Pablo is Ben?
- Of course they do that's why they cut out the other people and said Ben andy and Anderson. When it's really Pablo andy and Anderson. Which proves that all these websites talking about Ben being there are wrong.
- I guess they don't know exactly who Ben is. Either way Ben is purposely avoiding the cameras if he is there.
- Keep telling yourself that R402
- Doesn't matter to me R403, I'm just wondering why Ben isn't in any of the pics.
- This just makes E!News look bad. Hasn't anyone told them that isn't Ben, yet? It's Pablo. If they even looked at the original Instagram, the guy that posted the photo identified everyone! I'm guessing Anderson is laughing his ass off over this.
- Ben and Pablo in Brazil.
- Cute pic, thanks for the link R406.
I guess this should convince R385/R396/R405 that Ben is indeed in Brazil, as I´ve been saying all along.
- Most of the time Ben's around when we least expect it. Probably just best to assume he's always around. For whatever reason he didn't post pics or has some kind of private account. I wonder if AC took that pic of Ben and Pablo. The shirtless guy that Brazilian columnist said AC was walking around with in Ipamena must've been Ben, but they don't know him. I guess they're heading for L.A. soon unless they're skipping it this year.
- R407 If you read my posts, all along I said Ben was probably in Brazil with the group. Just found it odd he didn't pose for a photo with the group and wasn't posting to Bedlam's social media accounts at all lately. I still think PageSix was guessing as they always try painting Anderson in the worst possible light. I just don't take gossip sites as proof of anything as they are more often wrong than they are right.
If you think I have a problem with Anderson and Ben being together, you are mistaken. I even posted the link to the Vanity Fair picture yesterday. Not sure where you got the idea that I have a problem with Anderson and Ben as a couple. I still think they have an open relationship, but that's not uncommon and if it works for them, that's all that matters. I just want everyone to be happy and it appears as if the whole group is having a good time in Brazil.
- That they have an open relationship is beyond a shadow of a doubt.
- So Ben is definitely opening another bar? with Pablo perhaps?
- There's no way they have an open relationship.
[quote]Just found it odd he didn't pose for a photo with the group and wasn't posting to Bedlam's social media accounts at all lately
I still find that odd.
- Why have an open relationship? Anderson's not going to find anyone hotter or more loyal than Ben. He already has it all with Ben and that's why their relationship has lasted.
- R412/413 - You just keep telling yourself that. They may or may not, but you saying there's no way doesn't make it so...
"Arrangements" are not uncommon, especially in the gay community.
- I still doubt it R414. There's just no way.
- [quote]Why have an open relationship? Anderson's not going to find anyone hotter or more loyal than Ben. He already has it all with Ben and that's why their relationship has lasted.
It's easy to figure why they would have an open relationship. Ben could easily find someone hotter than Anderson. Anderson's money could attract someone hotter than Ben. Having an open relationship is why their relationship has lasted.
- Yeah, but why WOULD Ben want someone hotter than Anderson. Unless he found another wealthy man, Anderson's money and connections can be a very sexy thing indeed.
- [quote]Anderson's money and connections can be a very sexy thing indeed.
So is just plain falling in love R417.
[quote]Having an open relationship is why their relationship has lasted.
Where's the proof of this? More proof of them being exclusive than open.
- Jillian Micheals said yesterday on the show that AC is kinda like her crush. So an openly gay woman who has a child with her partner, Heidi has a crush on another openly gay person... odd. LOL AC didn't repsond and some female guest yesterday complimented him and he didn't respond. Like what else does AC have to do, he's NOT interested in women!
Anyway today's show was kinda funny too. Have to say I think the daytime show format has hurt AC's reporting/anchor cred but he's shown he's alittle bit more human over the pass few month's of this new Live format. It's kinda refreshing. I still prefer serious AC at Haiti or planet in peril, 60 minutes reports than These silly bits on daytime but does't mean it's good to see different sides of his persona.
- [quote]he's shown he's alittle bit more human over the pass few month's of this new Live format.
Please tell us more. This is fascinating.
- R419, AC managed to go through the show with Millionaire Matchmaker Pati Stanger without even hinting at his own relationship or anything about what he thinks of relationships in general, he just let her do all the talking and only reacted in a way that kept him from having to offer up anything about the subject himself. He will never be comfortable talking about himself and relationships. I'm glad he finally came out, but he's still very walled off in a way.
- R409, I found it strange that some people (including you) were so keen on claiming that there was no evidence that Ben was in Brazil with Anderson considering the fact that his business partner Pablo was there. Why would Anderson go on vacation with Pablo without Ben? I asked you about this several times and you never provided an answer. Instead you kept saying that you found it odd that Ben didn´t pose with the group, or that his Bedlam account has been quiet lately. Well, now we have photographic evidence that Ben is in Brazil, so I guess it shows that sometimes, even though Ben may not pose for a group pic (he was probably the person who took that photo in the first place), or he may not be all that active on Instagram, it doesn´t mean that we should conclude that he´s not with Anderson. You would think that by now, this would be a rather safe assumption to make, given how often Ben has been proved to be wherever AC is. But I guess there are still some people out there who´ll always resist such a conclusion until they have photographic evidence. Which we now have, thanks to R406.
- R422 You're exhausting and I'm done trying to reason with you.
- It's a strange obession for some folks on here to prove Ben isn't with AC just because of no pics of them posing together. I guess if they aren't pictured together that means they broke up? Is that the conclusion of some deluded minds on here? Becaue even if Ben isn't pictured with Ac at every public outing doesn't mean Ben isn't there or for some people's wish that they broke up. Strange obession on here to prove one way or another. My I say get a grip on sanity...
- I'm going to conclude that Ben is ALWAYS with Anderson, yes, some don't want to hear that, but there's more evidence of that than anything else.
give it a rest already, they fuck around. ok?
- R426 is trying to sound like she's got insider info on AC and Ben when she doesn't.
- Meanwhile AC is on vacation from CNN this week because he is attending the Oscars on Sunday, as well as all the pre and post Oscar parties.
- I guess we'll have to wait a year for their VF photo booth pics to emerge.
- R426 sounds really pissed off. Why so angry?
R424 is exactly right.
By the way, Ben looks very hot in that pic that Pablo posted on Instagram.
- Ben is SERIOUSLY hot. Anderson's not going to play around on THAT.
- Just cause you have a hot boyfriend doesn't mean that you don't a little spice in your relationship. I hate when straight women come on here and think they know about gay relationships
- R432 Exactly. Unfortunately, the straight women seem to have taken over the Anderson threads and there is no reasoning with them as they simply don't understand gay relationships, hook ups at parties, etc.
- Does anyone recall the name of the male model/real estate guy who was photographed at dinner with Anderson? Wasn't there also a photo of them next to his limo outside the firehouse?
Did we ever get a name for the Central Park guy? Is he still seen around NYC?
- Doesn't matter. No one here knows what's going on in their relationship and it's just as stupid to assume they're playing around when they might not be. Not all gay men fool around on the side - maybe some of you haven't read the threads here about monogamy and how many commenters are turned off by the idea of having something on the side and how many don't do it.
- There's photographic proof that they fuck around on each other, or have you forgotten Ben recently tongue lashing another guy in the park?
- Old pics R436. Ben doesn't even look like that now. Those pics were probably taken before he even met AC and someone decided to release them to get attention.
- I still think the dude Ben was kissing in the park is Josh Wood.
- There's a resemblance.
- [quote]Old pics R436. Ben doesn't even look like that now.
If you keep repeating this, some people may begin to actually believe it.
- Funny how some people around here are desperate to argue that AC and Ben aren´t monogamous. Who cares really? It´s their business, and they seem pretty happy in their relationship. What´s clear is that they´re still together after more than 4 years, and that wherever Anderson is, Ben can be sure to be too. I don´t think AC ever been seen and photographed with the same guy for as often and as long as he´s been with Ben. Clearly something is working there. For some reason, this simple fact is rubbing some people on DL the wrong way.
- [quote]Funny how some people around here are desperate to argue that AC and Ben aren´t monogamous. Who cares really?
You obviously care and are posting about it. Duh!
- R442, I care about facts, like the fact that Ben has been with Anderson for over 4 years, and that they´ve traveled to more places together than anyone else that has been involved with AC before. Everything else is just a couple of sad people who can´t deal with the fact that AC and Ben are still together after all these years, desperately pushing some kind of weird personal agenda (like you R442).
- I guess Ac is in L.A. or on the way for the Oscar parites for the weekend? I find it interesting on today's show he said he doesn't do parites where he host parites and attends them every year. AC sure does contradict himself alot still.
- Thank you R441/R443. You're absolutely right, there's just no way to explain away the fact that Anderson is in a very good relationship with Ben and that seems to really have a negative effect on some folks here.
R444, I don't really know how much he parties, he and Ben do have birthday parties and occasional club-industry parties or whatever it is that Ben does and AC holds Christmas parties for his staff, but maybe he's talking about those NY parties that celebs go to often and get photographed. Maybe the parties he does are just private parties for friends and colleagues.
- Interesting how Anderson arranged with Andrew Sullivan to publicize his official coming out while he was out of the country. A good way to avoid the media and keep them from asking questions. Since then, he has avoided any mention of being in a committed relationship.
He's just going along with the patterns set by Ellen, Elton John, George Michael, Andrew Sullivan, Neil Patrick Harris, Sam Champion, Thomas Roberts, and all the others who go out of their way to pretend they don't have a significant other.
- He's entitled to keep his life with Ben private. Maybe that's the one thing he wants for himself, neither one of them acknowledges the other publicly, if that's the way they want it, it's their business not ours.
- [quote][bold]He's entitled to keep his life with Ben private. Maybe that's the one thing he wants for himself, neither one of them acknowledges the other publicly, if that's the way they want it, it's their business not ours.[/bold]
IF you really believe that, what would you say to someone who writes: "Ben is SERIOUSLY hot. Anderson's not going to play around on THAT."
or: "Why have an open relationship? Anderson's not going to find anyone hotter or more loyal than Ben. He already has it all with Ben and that's why their relationship has lasted."
or: "There's no way they have an open relationship."
or: "Most of the time Ben's around when we least expect it. Probably just best to assume he's always around. For whatever reason he didn't post pics or has some kind of private account. I wonder if AC took that pic of Ben and Pablo. The shirtless guy that Brazilian columnist said AC was walking around with in Ipamena must've been Ben, but they don't know him. I guess they're heading for L.A. soon unless they're skipping it this year."
or: *If* Ben's not with AC in Brazil, maybe he'll meet up with him in L.A. for the Vanity Fair Oscar Party.
Above are just a few things posted about Ben and Andersonby one person. You must be very upset R447 at some Benderson Frau type posting all that and much more about the couple when, as you say, [bold]"it's their business not ours."[/bold] What would you say to a person who posts all that?
- I'm talking about the choices they have made for themselves which has zero to do with what we discuss and speculate over here and you know that R448.
- R448 sounds unhinged. She really can't deal with the fact that AC and Ben are together and protective of their relationship, refusing to make it available for public consumption (which is their right, just as r447 observed). For some odd reason, pointing this out to her really seems to piss her off. People on DL can be so weird.
- any reports of Anderson and Ben at an LA party last night?
- R447 - R449 took the Benderson Frau bait and swallowed it; hook, line, and sinker!!! It was a toss-up as to which one would reply first.
Three's no doubt that Anderson and Ben have been together for years, but the Benderson Fraus can't deal with the fact that it could easily be an open relationship that keeps them together. R447 - R449 have the typical frau viewpoint that it can't be an open relationship simply because two people have been together for more than four years.
- Shut up R452, you're a total idiot and a bore.
R450, thank you for talking sense and telling the truth.
R451, doesn't that party happen on Saturday? I don't know for sure, but I thought it did. I guess word will get out soon enough.
- [quote]Shut up R452, you're a total idiot and a bore
Heh! Look who's the one that's pissed off. The Fraus don't want anyone to intrude on their Benderson fairytales. When an example of their stupidity is posted, they ring in with accusations of unhinged and pissed off. They don't realize they're being played and they'll take the bait every time. Unhinged? Check your mirror, Missy!
- R454, no one is being "played" or "taking the bait" here. It's just hilarious to see how you keep pretending that you're above it all and don't care either way, but can't stand to let pass a single comment that dares to observe that, whether they have an open relationship or not, the fact that AC and Ben are still together indicates that they're happy together. For some reason, you cannot stand this. Would you care to explain why?
Personally, I don't know if they have an open relationship or not, nor do I care. I'm just observing that they're still together, so whether they're monogamous or not, whatever is keeping them together is clearly working for them, so who are you to judge? Unlike you R454, I don't think a relationship between 2 gay men is necessarily doomed to fail because they're not exclusive, as I believe monogamy to be seriously overrated (particularly for men), so I don't see what the problem is, even if AC and Ben had an open relationship.
- AC likes to screw around. I think Ben does too. Lots of rumors of how Anderson likes thin young guys. Whatever works.
- The Benderfrau of the species acts just like Anderson when confronted with evidence of Ben getting it on outside the relationship: he never acknowledged it, either.
- No one knows if either of them screw around, they seem pretty stable as a couple. Seems like if AC were to screw around he'd do it with someone who would never talk, like those high class escorts or whatever. Why would he have random hook-ups with dudes who might go blabbing? This is why you never hear of anything like that with him, if he's doing anything, he's being really, really careful. I don't think he's in a position where he can afford to have a lot of gossip about his sex life out there in the legitimate press or wherever.
- Interesting how the usual Ben-hating fraus, finally resigned to the difficult yet unarguable fact that AC and Ben are a couple, are now focusing all their efforts on arguing that their relationship is somehow less than solid because they might not be exclusive. As I said earlier, I don't know if they're monogamous or not, but as a gay man who's seen many types of different relationships, I strongly object to the notion that an open relationship is in any way less real than a monogamous one, especially given that for most men (gay and straight), monogamy is definitely unnatural. I'd rather have an honest relationship where this basic fact is acknowledged in a mature way than a pseudo-monogamous relationship where both partners cheat on each other and lie about it.
- [quote]the usual Ben-hating fraus
Thanks for playing R459. You just moved the game up another level. That puts this episode just two steps from an 88angel accusation.
As webbie once remarked, it's all "collaborative fiction" and some of us have found that it can be a lot of fun. Don't stop now. Ramp it up, snookums. Enjoy!
- You a FOOL R460.
- I love how R448/r452/r454/r460 goes on and on ranting about "Benderson fraus", yet she gets all defensive when called a "Ben-hating frau". Sorry R460, but if you don't like that label, then don't act like one!
- Why all the anger R462? Are you going to take your ball and go home? Interesting game you're playing as both 462 and 459.
- R462 you are RIGHT about everything.
- You must be confused r463, I'm not angry, just making fun of your defensiveness when you get called for what you are, that's all.
By the way, I'm not playing games, I just used my computer and later when I was out of the house, I posted my comment from my iPhone, which is why they didn't show up as being by the same person when you hit trolldar. If I really wanted to play games as you accuse me of, I wouldn't have identified myself now, would I? But the interesting thing is that you are in fact playing the very game that you accuse me of by eluding trolldar on purpose, without identifying your prior comments (unlike me). Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Would you care to explain why?
- Girls, girls, you're both insane
- AC and Ben may not be going to the Oscars this time around, we'll see. Andy Cohen still seems to be in Brazil.
- So no Anderson Cooper in LA for Oscar weekend? This is the first time in years that he hasn't attended the CAA party, Barry Diller's Picnic and the Vanity Fair Dinner and Viewing party.
A four day weekend in Rio and 3 days at the beach apparently wasn't enough time in Brazil this trip?
- Maybe the Oscars were too boring this year. I'd rather be in Brazil too.
- The multiples are in full effect. Must not be able to get it up tonite otherwise you'd be doing that instead of arguing with your split personalities.
Bottom line Anderson is a coward. There is something about this relationship he is embarrassed about. Being together with Ben for 3 plus years and still not acknowledging him publically is nothing to BRAG about. Ben should be embarrassed he put all that time and energy into the relationship and clearly hasn't recieved what most people in relationships get (and it ain't money). The most IMPORTANT thing is ACKNOWLEDGEMENT?
Now I'm off to a blog that has REAL tea.
- Bottom line R470 is an idiot. He doesn't owe you, me or anyone else a damn thing. If he doesn't want to acknowledge Ben publicly, that's his right. He lives his life the way he wants, not what you want. As far as him being a "coward", STFU. He's OUT, end of story.
- Of course they went to the Oscar parties. Anderson isn't going to deny the glamor of the Oscar events to the love of his life. They always go to Oscar parties as a sign of support for all their friends in the business. Maybe Anderson is heeding Ben's wish for no pictures.
- Pablo posted another pic of the group (not AC and AC one of them must've taken the photo. Josh Wood is there, he might be an ex of Ben's and the kissing pic guy - he has the same kind of beard. I guess Ben is not going to post pics of his vacations with AC and friends and just leaves it to Pablo. I remember AC getting upset over some kind of new Instagram policy and didn't want to use them.
- Today is a repeat of Anderson Live
Guess he scheduled a repeat ahead of time, the monday after the Oscars
- I think it was a new show. AC's supposed to be on WWHL tonight, maybe they'll talk about their Brazilian vacation?
- So much for the people that say Ben doesn't like having his picture taken and that's why he wasn't in the group photo at the carnaval parade. There was the shirtless one with Pablo mid-week and today Pablo posted another one - a group of guys - shirtless - climbing. No Anderson Cooper or Andy Cohen in the group though.
JoshWood2 posted one of himself with Pablo and Ben, too. It's not like Ben doesn't know these photos aren't being posted.
- R476, that pic was posted @ R473 earlier.
Why couldn't Ben be in the pic with AC/Andy when they were wearing those godawful yellow shirts? Anyone else could've taken the pic, he didn't have to do it. Why aren't there pics with AC WITH Ben and the other guys. Seems to me that AC and Ben were deliberately keeping separate on the pics or Pablo was told to post only the pics where they are not together.
- I think Josh Wood and Ben are VERY close, maybe a past relationship there and not just a working one. Leo, Pablo and Ben all have really nice bodies.
- The way Ben hold his head he looks like a friggin' baboon.
- When will Anderson have Fantasia on his daytime show as his co-host? She has a great personality for daytime tv. She is a breath of fresh air.
- That Brazilian guy Leo Neves that some people believed was hooking up with AC is in that group pic with Ben, Pablo, Josh and the unidentified bald guy. It looks like he's actually a friend of Ben and Pablo's rather than Anderson's. He posted a pic of Bedlam a few weeks ago on Instagram, and wrote comments on several of Pablo's pics. They all know each other and seem like a fun group (not to mention super hot!).
- I agree with you R481. Leo, Ben, Anderson, Andy Cohen, Pablo, Josh, all know each other and are friends with each other, so the notion that Leo was AC's "secret Brazilian lover" as some were saying here is no longer believable. I think it's interesting that whenever Anderson is linked to another guy, some people immediately assume that they're fucking. Gay men have male friends too, you know, it's not all about having sex with each other. But clearly there are some folks out there who are only too eager to spread rumors that AC and Ben are cheating on each other. I have no idea why this scenario gets them so excited.
- [quote]But clearly there are some folks out there who are only too eager to spread rumors that AC and Ben are cheating on each other. I have no idea why this scenario gets them so excited.
There's a difference between "cheating" and being in an open relationship. Where are you seeing all the eager claims of cheating?
Some people are discussing the possibility of an open relationship which could be one of the reasons that Anderson doesn't even acknowledge that he's involved in a relationship.
It looks as if he doesn't want to be tied into the Christian hetero form of marriage.
- Leo Neves is a friend of Anderson's. Anderson had dinner with him in LA over a year ago when he was there for Heroes over the weekend. There were no sightings of Ben on that trip and since it was out one day and the red-eye back the next night, I was thinking Ben may not have made the trip. I agree that they may all be friends, now -that's how people often meet friends, through other friends.
Doesn't mean Anderson may not hook up with him from time to time, the same way Ben seems to hook up with people from time to time. I think there are signs they have an open relationship, so it wouldn't be considered cheating. Whatever they agree to is all that matters.
I do find it odd that Ben would pose for pics with Pablo, Pablo and Josh Wood and the climbing group, but not in a picture of the group with Anderson. Can't say Ben doesn't like to have his picture taken.
For whatever reason, Anderson still apparently won't acknowledge a relationship with Ben and now that he's out and they've been together four years, that's pretty sad. He announced on WWHL and his daytime show today that he was on vacation with Andy Cohen and a group of friends. Now that he's out, why act that way? I could see if the relationship was new, but it's been 4 years. All seems rather odd to me.
- [quote]It looks as if he doesn't want to be tied into the Christian hetero form of marriage.
He doesn't even want to be tied into informing people he has a boyfriend - marriage is completely off the table, I'm sure.
- I've only seen a few pics of Ben and Anderson posing together, the VF pics, some DVF function, maybe a couple of others I can't remember, but generally if a pic is taken of them together, it's not because they posed for it. Ah, the pic with Fergie, they weren't even standing together.
I don't think there's anything particularly negative about AC and Ben not wanting to acknowledge their relationship publicly and keep it private. I think being in the public eye may make some people more reluctant to share everything about themselves and want to keep some important things for themselves. Not everyone wants or needs to be Kim and Kanye.
- I can understand why AC doesn't want to mention his relationship... i'm not even famous and I do the same thing, not announce who i'm dating on social media etc. The fact that he announced the obvious of him being gay was a shocker since he kept mum about it in the public eye for so long.
- R487 I understand that to a point, but in the past Anderson would get back from vacation, Ben would tweet on the Bedlam account about being back from vacation; Anderson was in Africa for 60 Minutes and on the day Anderson gets back Ben tweets on the Bedlam account that the time change coming back from Africa was tough; they tweet almost identical pictures at the Madonna concert in Paris; the Roger Waters concert in NYC and the Madonna concert in NYC; and then from Times Square on NYE; not to mention when Anderson tweeted about being in Portugal for 60 Minutes, Ben posted several photos to the Bedlam Instagram account from Portugal. If you want to keep a relationship off of social media, these things wouldn't have happened.
It's all odd to me - it's like a little game Anderson is playing or Ben is trying to push Anderson into acknowledging him and he won't do it.
Just my observations/opinion
- Neither one of them posted anything this time around, they let Pablo or Andy Cohen do it. Anderson wasn't even going to mention the Brazil trip until Andy Cohen brought it up on WWHL last night. Maybe they think too much is out there connecting them as a couple already and are trying to control whatever info they can that gets out. We'll see how things turn out on their next non-work related vacation.
- R489 we already know AC is weird about somethings. Since he has "freed" himself publicly about being gay maybe he wants to still be "mysterious" in a way. I don't know but one can only daydream about what goes on in Anderson's head. I still don't understand why he announced publicly via a letter that he was gay after all of these years of it being something he publicly ignored and refuse to talk about. We do know AC has been pictured with Ben, openly at public events so I doubt if he's ashamed of Ben. My guess is he's just trying to keep this aspect of his life ignored.
- [quote]I still don't understand why he announced publicly via a letter that he was gay
It was a careful move. Doing it via a letter while out of the country meant that he didn't have to discuss it with the media.
- New AC thread going on?
- This one.
- True? This was on Perez's comment section so maybe not.
[quote]Plus I know a couple guys that work at Ben's bar and he and Anderson have typical gay relationship….they love each other but sleep with other guys…they don't flaunt it or discuss it. No big deal ….like I said typical gay relationship.
I could see them being low key about it and not flaunting it.
- [quote]they love each other but sleep with other guys…they don't flaunt it or discuss it. No big deal ….like I said typical gay relationship.
Even the Benderson Fraus know this is true but they don't want to admit it.
- Hey R495, no one knows one way or the other, no one can say definitively unless they know the intimate details of their relationship.
- R495, what if they did have an open relationship? As a gay man who has been in my share of relationships, exclusive and non-exclusive, I really don't understand the conclusion by some around here that an open relationship is somehow less valid than a monogamous one.
Monogamy is seriously overrated, especially between men, and I'd rather have an honest relationship which acknowledges that simple fact than a hypocritical one where both parties pretend that they don't stray while doing it behind each other's back. I really disagree with those shrill voices that condemn open relationships on DL, they sound to me like they're coming from uptight straight women who have no business judging gay relationships. In any case, the commenter on Perez did say that they love each other, isn't that what really matters between two people?
Therefore, I would have no problem "admitting" that AC and Ben have an open relationship if I had any proof. However, as R496, no one is privy to the intimate details of their relationship, so we cannot say for sure.