- Does anyone know if Angela Bofill was released from her rehab? Has she recovered from those two bad strokes?
- Anyone heard anything about Janet Jackson lately?
- Shaunie allegedly met Shaq while she was married to a church official. Shaunie was married and a mother when she began to "date" Shaq.
There were allegations about Shaunie and her personal trainer while she was married to Shaq.
Anonymous and Black...
- Anybody have any behind the scenes dish about Soul Train back in the day? I saw an episode earlier today from the early 80's with Patti and probably the first tv appearence of The Time. By this time on Soul Train the tv studio could have caught on fire because all the guys were so flaming!
- I thought all of Shaunie's village of kids were also biologically Shaq's.
I like watching YouTube clips of Soul Train from the 70s. I like the tight, colorful clothes and Afros.
- Who might be leaving the Real Housewives of Atlanta?
- Don Cornelius, I think it was mentioned here before, is allegedly into boys. White ones.
I had heard that Shaunie had a child before Shaq, but don't think she was married.
- What if she did have an affair with her trainer? He was cheating during the whole marriage.
- What went on behind the scenes of T.I. and Tiny's VH-1 reality show?
- They have show? Or are you referring to Tiny & Toya?
- TI is so damn fine.
I'm surprised he is with that little troll when he could have anyone, even if he was broke.
I guess that says good things about him, though.
- good things r14? He's a saint!
- I won't watch another TI reality show. He's full of it and dumb.
- Shaunie has a stake in everything "wives" on vh1. I read somewhere that she trademarked every possible combination of various "sports" and "wives" just in case. I'm not much for her but she's made some brilliant moves.
BBWives is definitely entertainment, she's branded herself outside of Shaq, and the offshoot possibilities are limited, even maybe eventually taking the concept into scripted television.
Reminds me of the Football Wives scripted pilot abc did that was a takeoff of the British version. It had Gabby Union, Brian White, Holly Robinson and a lot of other people but it got killed because the nfl thought it would show them in a bad light.
- Tiny & Toya was cancelled, r13.
- Great article about online dating from this black writer's perspective (he's rethinking the whole thing):
- I am bored with Love & Hip Hop because it reinforces stereotypes about black people.
- R18, it was not. T.I. told Tiny she needed to focus on their children the last time he was sent to prison. Toya now does the show solo.
- Good point, r21.
- Anthing new on Boris Kudjoe and Nicole Ari Parker?
- [quote] TI is so damn fine.
Too bad when he opens his mouth he sounds like a runaway slave.
- In another thread, I think it was famous people you had sex with or famous people who hit on you, somebody mentioned Babyface's brother from After 7. Anybody know anything about him?
- Gurl BYE!
- What happened to the Janet v Madonna thread? I was having a lot of fun on that thread!
- So true, r25.
- bump. C'mon people!
- Janet Jackson is the new Nutrisystem spokesperson, honey!
- Why the FUCK aren't you people talking about me??? Do I need to get my dildo out?
- What's the word on Rhianna? Did her manager tell her to take some time off?
- Is Godfrey gay? He's got a great ass!
- you mean the comedian r34? He's sexy....
- Is Diggy Simmons doing alright in in the midst of his bit of hip hop fame?
Also, where is Russy? He was soo cute on Run's House.
- Too many questions, not enough gossip.
- Evelyn Braxton (the mom) is an obvious alcoholic.
- Where is the gossip? This site is so lame. Ugh!!!
- Trina Braxton's dusty husband has been exposed:
- Toni Braxton needs a reality check. She wants to put out a hit record by herself now when everyone is interested in her sisters. Um, your last solo album was barely a blip on the radar! Toni, you are not Beyonce gurl, so stop acting like it.
- Tamar is getting her own show.
- So disappointed in what Toni has become. Can't stand to watch her anymore.
- R39, I go to YBF and a few other sites for gossip. You get plenty of gossip without all of the racism you get here.
I'm trying to find a black gay forum where I can relax, and not feel like I have to avoid threads about black people. Something like a black gay version of the DL. Does it exist? If it does I wonder if it should even be posted here.
- You could always start one on zetaboards. Lchat is there, Datalounge Refugees is there.
Lchat is for the LADIES but heavily moderated.
Datalounge Refugees is for everyone, I'm sure they'd welcome you but maybe starting your board there would be cool, a gay black gossip board?
- Is everyone proud of the Pig today?
- [quote]So disappointed in what Toni has become. Can't stand to watch her anymore.
I dont think Toni knows how badly she comes off on the show. If I was Tamar I would probably not speak to Toni, but apparently they were a lot closer at one time.
r42 Sandra Rose said Vince and Tamar arent doing the show now because Vince is still in a fragile state health wise. He's lost 50 pounds and is still in and out of the hospital.
- [quote]I dont think Toni knows how badly she comes off on the show. If I was Tamar I would probably not speak to Toni, but apparently they were a lot closer at one time.
How does the show explain Toni's alleged bankruptcy?
- How does Toni afford that house?
- Tyler Perry has a new movie. And to those engagement rumors I say, "gurrl please".
- Timbaland was in love with Aaliyah and had manboobs:
- Good Idea, R45.
This marine who asked Mrs. Obama to attend the marine corps ball with him is such a cutie!
- Who wore it best, Rihanna,Keri Hilson or Kourtney Kardashian?
- Etta James is terminally ill with chronic leukemia.
- I was watching the Shalamar episode of Unsung last night. Swiss cheese. So many holes in that story. The biggest question: who was the father of Jody Watley's first child?
- R56, for years I had heard it was this guy named Antoine something or other. I think he was supposed to be a record producer.
- For some reason, Howard Hewitt always pinged for me. Don't know why.
- Howard Hewett was an interesting guy. I wonder why he divorced Nia Peeples?
Kobe Bryant Busted by Basketball Wives
A secret underground society of trained spies is responsible for feeding intel to Vanessa Bryant that eventually led to her filing for divorce from hubby Kobe Bryant -- not the CIA or FBI ... but the basketball wives of the NBA.
Our sources says Kobe's teammates were blabbing to their women about the superstar's exploits ... and those women in turn gave Vanessa the heads up. We're told talk of Kobe's exploits lately increased in frequency.
According to our sources, the players often swear their wives to secrecy before dishing on their fellow ballers ... but that secrecy is rarely kept. We're told the women all share information about other guys around the league ... in part to ensure word will get back to them if their man ever steps out.
As TMZ first reported, Vanessa filed divorce papers on Friday, after Vanessa learned of what she says is an act of infidelity that became the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
- Keenen Ivory Wayans will give NFL players Hollywood boot camp.
- r57: You might be refering to Andre Cymone. He produced herfirst couple of solo albums and had her other children with him. They had a Janet Jackson "oh yeah we were married, now we're divorced" type of thing. The father of her first daughter was rumoured to be either Dick Griffey, Leon Sylvers or......Howard Hewitt?
- Magazine Editor Resigns After Calling Rihanna A N-Word “B***h”
- Jim Sensenbrenner, Wisconsin Congressman, Says Michelle Obama Has A 'Large Posterior'
n today's edition of Outrageous And Unfounded Insults, Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI) has decided to question Michelle Obama's body shape.
MediaBistro reports that Sensenbrenner was overheard talking on the phone, retelling an incident in which he said about Michelle Obama:
"She lectures us on eating right while she has a large posterior herself."
The most bothersome issue here is the conflation of two entirely separate matters: the First Lady's (natural) physique and her campaign for healthy eating and physical fitness.
Michelle has traveled the country for her "Let's Move!" campaign for over a year, talking about healthy eating, promoting a more user-friendly pyramid graphic, getting stores like Walmart to stock their shelves with nutritious items and playing sports with kids.
Although she has been called out for indulging in the occasional hamburger and fries, Michelle Obama has practiced what she preaches: she stays fit (those arms are still toned after all these years) and maintains an enviably healthy body, both inside and out.
Yet some conservative critics don't see it that way. Before Representative Sensenbrenner spoke out, Rush Limbaugh was on the case, disparaging Michelle Obama's body as a way to critique her healthy eating campaign. The radio host said in February:
"The problem is, and dare I say this, it doesn't look like Michelle Obama follows her own nutritionary, dietary advice...I'm trying to say that our First Lady does not project the image of women that you might see on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue or of a woman Alex Rodriguez might date every six months or what have you."
With comments like these, Limbaugh and Sensenbrenner not only blatantly insult the first lady. They also invoke the specious notion that skinny equals healthy, that women with shapely curves can't possibly lead active, mindful lifestyles.
In fact, Michelle Obama and her fabulous physique are an ideal example for women -- and men -- of what an active, balanced, healthy lifestyle looks like. Posterior and all.
Read more about Rep. Sensenbrenner's comments at Mediabistro.com.
UPDATE: Rep. Sensenbrenner's spokesperson has responded to the Daily Mail's report on the subject, saying:
"Mr. Sensenbrenner was referring to the First Lady’s healthy food initiative. He doesn’t think the government should be telling Americans what to eat. While he may not agree with all of her initiatives, he plans to contact the First Lady’s office to apologize for his comments."
- The Shalamar episode really turned me off to Unsung. I was so disappointed by the lack of depth and insight into the group.
One of the things I've noticed about Unsung, is that when the subject(s) are still alive, they tend to sugarcoat/cover-up a lot of the negative info. I think it's easier to get them to appear.
- I agree r67 and 68. The Shalamar episode you could tell there was definitely something more nobody is telling. But there were other episodes that were very informative, epecially on groups people didn't know much about like Rose Royce, Heatwave and The Sylvers. I expect Bobby Womack and Millie Jackson not to hold back on anything.
- Roland Martin
- How is Lisa Nicole Carson? Is she really bipolar or schizophrenic? She was so lovely...
- It's going to be interesting seeing the Millie Jackson episode on Unsung in January.
- Unsung can be a hit or miss at times. But I liked the Billy Preston one. I had no idea Billy Preston was gay until I watched the Unsung episode about him.
- Was he out R73? I remember a story about him and in some sex/drug scandal.
- R71- I read sometime last year that Lisa is actually doing better and trying to get back into Hollywood. There were updated pics of her she looks like she ok.
- Sophina Brown from Shark and NUMB3RS should do more stuff. I know she does plays and musicals sometimes. It would be nice to see more of her.
- R74, he was out to everyone that worked with him and his family, but not out publicly. Many of his friends that were interviewed said you would never have known he was a gay man because he was very masculine and didn't act like a gay stereotype. One musician who worked with him that's straight said he had to question his own masculinity at times because Billy could be more manly than all the straight guys working with him.
The Unsung episode about Deniece Williams was good too. Deniece is up there with the likes of Minnie Riperton, but she doesn't get a lot of credit on how she influenced so many singers who came after her.
- My favorite Unsung episode was the one about Phyllis Hyman. It was pretty sad. I wish she was still here. She could sing her heart out.
- I saw that one too. She was so beautiful and talented. But she was fighting many personal demons. Pretty sad.
- TV One should do an Unsung on Stanley Jordan as well. He was very popular in the 1980's as a jazz guitarist.
- Merry Christmas from Rahsaan
- Bill Cosby's "Merry Christmas, Mama" on here.
- I wonder how TVone is gonna handle the Freddie Jackson Unsung. In the press release they did say he had to handle the media rumours of his sexuality which leads one to believe he's gonna say he's straight, which will be a WTF moment.
- What about Cynda Williams? We haven't heard much from her lately.
- Freddie Jackson - I knew he was gay before I knew that I was gay.
- Terrence Howard Says Wife Called Him "Monkey N-Word."
- [quote]My favorite Unsung episode was the one about Phyllis Hyman. It was pretty sad.
Gurl, I could have used a therapist after watching that episode of Unsung. More depressing than a Scary J Blige song.
- John Legend is engaged:
We're just thrilled to hear that singer John Legend has popped the question to his longtime girlfriend Christine Teigen.
People confirmed the news via Legend's agent Cindi Berger:
"John Legend and his girlfriend, model Chrissy Teigen, got engaged over the holidays while vacationing in the Maldives."
The Grammy Award winning singer, who turns 33 years old tomorrow, has been dating the 26-year-old Thai and Norwegian beauty since 2007. The adorable couple aren't shy about their affection for one another--always appearing hand-in-hand on the red carpet and around town. Too cute!
The twosome will move their celebrating from the islands to Las Vegas this weekend. Legend is set to perform at the Pearl at the Palms on New Year's Eve.
We can't wait to see what Teigen's wedding dress will look like. Here's a look at the stunning Victoria's Secret model and her handsome hubby-to-be throughout the years. Congrats!
- Don't do it John! Don't do it!
- I don't get the fascination with him or his music. I think his voice is mediocre.
- Is Freddie Jackson OK? Does he have any health problems?
- Didnt John Legend get his foot in the door by working with Lauryn Hill? Hes only 33 he must have been very young if he did stuff on Miseducation in the 90s. That must have gone to his head.
If he wasn't so uppity and didn't wear tight pants that show off his big booty all the time I wouldn't think he was gay at all.
- LOL, R85.
- CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHETHER TYLER PERRY GOT TO TAP THE OLD SPICE GUY'S ASS?
- How is John Legend uppity?
- Anyone watch Reed Between The Lines? That Malcom Jamal Warner has a big ole, phat ass! He's so handsome too.
- Any info on Sharif Atkins? I love him on White Collar even though it's a small role.
- Most likely, R94. It was a pretty obscure casting choice on Perry's behalf, so I'm guessing got the business from Mustafa.
- Does anyone know or have any info on Mathew St Patrick? He played 'Keith Charles' on Six Feet Under.
- Nicole Ari Parker
- r96, Malcolm Jamal Warner just married Regina King not too long ago.
- Lenny Kravitz opens up about his father walking out on him.
- Tamara Tunie has two movies coming up. They are mostly supporting roles in the two movies. "Missed Connections," and "Flight."
- Im a little upset that Don Lemon's partner is a white guy.
- Bill Bellamy is filming a comedy film called "Sleeping Around."
- Will someone in Black Hollywood produce another Oscar-caliber film? Or at least something with decent directing, acting, screenwriting. And something that doesn't have Tyler Perry's name or Beyonce's name on it?
- Why is this thread only for Americans?
- What happened between Marla Gibbs and Jackee on 227?
- To #108 -
Jackee spoke about it on UNSUNG. Very common story of the lead being overshadowed by a secondary character. From IMDb:
[on her departure from "227" (1985), who also said of her on- and off-screen relationship with comedienne, actress and singer, Marla Gibbs, who played Mary Jenkins]: When Sandra took off and I took off with her, the truth is it did indeed create a lot of tension. There were problems on Marla's part, which was truly ridiculous because she had all the power. It was her show. Maybe the problem stemmed from the fact that from the beginning Marla wanted someone else for the part, but the network insisted on me. They were all pushing Sandra, and they were pushing me. That changed when I got big, maybe too big, in Marla's eyes. Not that Marla and I ever had any arguments. She was never rude to me, and we always remained cordial. But on the biggest night of my life, when I won my Emmy, not only wasn't there a party given for me, but there was also not a flower or a word of congratulations. Ever. There was nothing, and that hurt. Afterward, my part got less and less each week, and it became clear to me that it was time to leave and I did.
[When she wanted to know if she was feuding with series' star Marla Gibbs, who played Mary Jenkins]: That was true at the time, she and I sensed we have the greatest friends. We've come full circle, and by that I mean, I talked about it honestly and woman-to-woman, and she didn't have to but she said, 'People putting things to her heads and telling her things that, she was believing in them,' and she said, 'She finally come to me, to talk to me, and we got it all straight.' We are the best buds, me, her and Alaina Reed [who recently passed away] and the fabulous Regina King.
- Just wanted to post the new Jennifer Hudson WEIGHT WATCHERS commercial. She performs a duet with her 'former' self (scroll down for video):
- Has anyone seen THE HELP? I love Viola Davis but the previews were nauseating and I couldn't bring myself to pay for it. I don't want her to win an Oscar for playing a maid.
- Once again, why are maids the most shameful thing black people can be?
- Reed Between The Lines ended boring. But my God Malcolm Jamal Warner looks good, that body!
- Lenny Kravtiz is so fine :)
- Mc Hammer Vs. Uncle Sam!
- To #111:
I enjoyed THE HELP, but I'm a HUGE fan of Viola Davis. The subject of the film focuses on how poorly these women were treated (while pretty much raising the children of their employers). I had read the book, so I was prepared to see worse. If you look at it from the aspect of good acting all around (Bryce Dallas Howard, Ron's daughter, plays a horrid woman and gives an amazing performance and Octavia Spencer will definitely get a Supporting Oscar nomination as Viola's best friend Minny) you'll enjoy it, I assure you.
- Zoe Saldana and Bradley Cooper seem to be dating:
- I think Saldana can do much better than Cooper. I just don't get all this excitement about Bradley Cooper. In some photos he appears somewhat decent, but other times he looks unkempt.
- R112, it's not the most shameful but it just seems like a reinforcement of a Hollywood stereotype that should have died 30 or 40 years ago. In 2011 the best role for one of the most talented actresses out there is still a maid.
Thanks R116 for your thoughtful response.
- To #118:
I didn't get the appeal until I saw LIMITLESS. Excellent film and he gives an excellent performance.
- I have Limitless saved in my queue on Netflix and been meaning to watch it. I'll probably check it out tonight as I do like the whole concept of the movie. Thanks, Mia.
- r119: what stereotype? Its a historical drama. Do I have to tell you again that maids were the backbone of the Civil Rights movement? They were the ones participating in the Montegomery bus boycott. Maids were the ones who brought information about what was going on with their white employers and told leaders like MLK. Black maids were the ones who got the more sypathetic white employers (especially Jewish ones) to help with voter registration and Civil Rights issues. And finally it was black maids who helped put children and grandchildren through school so we can be middle class and look down our noses at them.
- Ruben Santiago-Hudson recently appeared in an episode of "Person of Interest" after he left Castle.
Tamala Jones just finished a movie called "Things Never Said" coming out next year. She is still on Castle.
- R118, I don't see what others see in Cooper either. He looks like a foul-smelling rodent.
- Anybody a fan of Anthony Hamilton? How's his new CD?
- TV One's Unsung should do one on Linda Clifford.
- Preston was arrested for propositioning a minor. This was in England so the kid had to have been really young. Of course, this could've happened before they equalized the age of consent, but I still seem to remember the guy was young. I have no idea how this turned out for him, but I wonder if he gave state's evidence on other celebrity pedos since IIRC, all that Pete Townsend, et. al. stuff happened afterward. (Or maybe not).
- In case you missed VH1 Soul Divas:
- Rocky Carroll must be lucky to have a job on NCIS. He's been on there for several years now.
- I used to have the biggest crush on Rocky. When he was on 'Roc'.
- Anybody catch the Braxtons last night?
I wish Tamar and Traci would decide on a wig style and keep it. There have been more wig tragedies on this show than I can count.
Its interesting that Traci still feels like her sisters have left her for dead after having her son a long ass time ago. I think most of their family drama stems from their parents, especially Mother Evelyn. They are typical preacher's kids, with the exception of Toni, who thinks she is God's gift to the universe.
- Kathleen Bradley is writing her memoir. She was one of the Barker's Beauties from The Price Is Right for ten years. She was also Mrs. Parker from Friday.
- The cast members from Love & Hip Hop reality show on VH-1.
- Yay or nay
- Terrence Howard seems to be recovering from his humiliatingly public divorce just fine, thank you very much:
- He's cute, R134. Who is he?
- Another r136. Does he look ghey? Nice smile
- Yes, he looks gay in that pic, R137. Very cute!
- Nick Cannon is sick
- Have anyone seen this?
"Sh*t White Girls Say To Black Girls':
- Uh-oh...this may get ugly.
Apparetly, Jada has lawyered up:
- Thanks Mia at R140, that was so funny and so true.
- I thought so, too, #142.
Sadly, I've heard just about all of them at one time or another.
- So have I.
- WEHT all those fierce black actors from the Wire.. What an excellent show... It created the format for so many current cable shows. It wasn't gruesome or overly violent but yet still gritty and real. It was the acting that made that show.
- Well, Snoop's in jail.
- I've definitely gotten 'Can I touch it','Is it real' ( I have long dreadlocks). I've also gotten 'I don't really think of you as black' as well as 'You don't look like the typical black guy.' Oddly enough, I've had other black people say the last line too. The 'typical' black guy? Really?
I've also gotten some very nice compliments from white people.So all of them aren't insensitive. It's just the sheltered ones I guess.
- How the hell did Nick Canon get kidney failure?
- That's interesting , R146. I remember watching some documentary about the music label Death Row Records in which Suge Knight (sp?) insinuated that Snoop was a police informant. He said this because Snoop, up until that point had never done time for his criminal activity. So it's interesting to hear that he is now in jail.
- "I've also gotten some very nice compliments from white people.So all of them aren't insensitive. It's just the sheltered ones I guess."
I'm in total agreement.
- What the hell happened to Nick Cannon? Kidney failure?!
- r149, r146 is referring to a character on 'The Wire' named Snoop
- Oh, LOL thanks, R152.
- Mia, gurl I can't wait until Will and Jada's divorce is in the headlines! There must be some scandalous stuff going on in the Smith household for Jada to finally be getting her ducks in line.
- One more r138. I would love to top him!
These yt queens here dont think he is that cute
- [quote]I've definitely gotten 'Can I touch it','Is it real' ( I have long dreadlocks). I've also gotten 'I don't really think of you as black' as well as 'You don't look like the typical black guy.' Oddly enough, I've had other black people say the last line too. The 'typical' black guy? Really?
I've also gotten some very nice compliments from white people.So all of them aren't insensitive. It's just the sheltered ones I guess.
Sheltered is a kinder word I guess. My favorite "meeting white people who had limited contact with black people" was having dinner with a white friend of mine in the Navy and his family. His parents were the nicest people, from Oregon, and in the middle of dinner, the father said to me, "Wow, you speak so well, are you a biracial?". Well, he did pay for dinner LOL. I was only 21 and kind of naive myself to the ways of white folk, so I didn't know what to say. My shipmate rolled his eyes and said, "Dad, he's black, stop being a jerk!". The mom apologized, and the dinner went on without a hitch. Nice Italian restaurant in San Diego.
- Will fucked a dude so hard that he ended up being hospitalized. The bottom demanded 500k for it. No doubt this was a contributing factor in Jada's decision. She is probably abandoning ship so she can look like the hero going out. I know she likes the snatch!
- oh dear....
- What kind of men does Will like?
- I'd hit it too, R155. A lot of the queens here like bulky, thick guys. I'm more into lean guys so he's my type for sure.
- I don't like, never liked, "The Game" There I said it.....
- I don't care for the "The Game," either, R161, but Pooch Hall is so delicious to gaze at I can make an exception and ignore the mediocre plots.
- Entertainment Weekly's OSCAR RACE cover - Viola made the cover alongside George Clooney and she looks beautiful.
What a fantastic year she's having. A Tony Award last year and an Oscar front-runner this year.
- Keenen Ivory Wayans will give NFL players Hollywood boot camp.
[see offsite link on newsone.com]
Keenen looks baaaad. Like he's sick or something. Anyone know anything?
- Zoe Saldana has a long-time white live in boyfriend. She is not dating Bradley Cooper.
In fact...I think Bradley is gay and these "dates" are bearding for him.
- Carrying this over from the Vh1 divas show thread, apparently Raphael Saadiq is hooking up with Rocsi from 106 and Park. I think she has been with every black celebrity with a dick!
- Zoe Saldana dumped the Fiancé and is now bearing for Bradley Cooper. I hear she's bi as well, so this is gonna work out for the both of them.
Who the fuck actually believes these fake ass relationships?
- I wish some of you would stop fighting in the "What is the psychology behind people who constantly correct others about the president only being 'half' African American?" thread.
- This Means War!!! Jennifer Williams And Evelyn Lozada Scrap It Up At Shaunie’s Bday Party
- Amber Rose: Kim Kardashian’s A Homewrecker!
- How come you bitches never mentioned the nude pic of Hosea Sanchez that was leaked? And he said he doesn't know if the groupie who took the pic of him was male or female...
- Not sure r172, blatino dick sighting should have set off all the alarms! Damn, he has some big titties too.
- Yes, R173, always liked him from the Game, wish he'd fuck me with that big dick
- Beyonce had a baby girl.
- more old school gossip please. Who was secretly gay and on the DL back in the day?
- I'm staying in this thread for now on......
- Beyonce's entire pregnancy has been a PR nightmare. If the Destiny's Child drama made her depressed, than she is probably going to go through profound postpartum depression (If she did indeed push a baby from her cootchie)
Unfortunately, she deals with everything by working herself into the ground. So expect more bad albums and fame whoring!
- When did Raphael Saddiq break up with Joss Stone?
The Rocsi/Raphael pairing is the strangest thing ever.
- "In fact...I think Bradley is gay and these "dates" are bearding for him."
Gee, ya think?
So is Raphael Saddiq; I don't even know why he bothers. And I the Game is poorly acted, poorly written, and dull except for Wendy Raquel Robinson.
- Unfortunately, she deals with everything by working herself into the ground. So expect more bad albums and fame whoring!
Beyounce is afamewhore worst than the whole Kardashian family put together.
After the destiny Child breakout I couldn't stand her shes just so patetic and desperate.
I guess thats what happens when your only talent is ripping off Dianna Ross, Donna Summers,and all the countless other geniunely talented artist.
Beyounce was born lucky shes only she should be playing banquet halls.
Shes mediocre but looks, ass, and a pimp like daddy will get you places.
- Michael Beach is filming Sparkle and Broken City.
- God, I've always tought Michael Beach is so hot. Even playing a major dick in 'Waiting To Exhale'. Anyone know his story ?
- Eriq La Salle is working on two tv series. Blackout and A Gifted Man.
Coby Bell is still in The Game and Burn Notice.
Vivica A. Fox is working on three films.
- Lonette McKee is working on a film called Deauville.
- r160, here's Halle Berry with my man. Unhand him, you crazy bish!
- Shirley Jones from the Jones Girls is still singing but in England doing jazz clubs.
- Toni Braxton was in the hospital this week.
Tamar probably caused her lupus to flare up lol. I really think Tamar is misunderstood. Her family needs to listen to her more.
- I can't really get into the Braxton's show. It all seems for fake and forced.
- The Beyonce hate is actually funny. No matter how much you hate her, the girl has worked for everything she has from a very young age.
- I like the Braxtons show. Tamar is the smartest.
- Am I the only one that didn't know that comedienne Sommore and Nia Long are half sisters?
- Meagan Good is filming "Think Like A Man" and "Resident Evil: Retribution."
- Tamar is looking for any inkling that Toni might be jealous and she got it! Toni told her she was dealing with a "heavyweight". Toni please, the only thing you are heavy with is bankruptcy.
Evelyn is like every sanctimonious black mother that ever lived!
- R192, I never heard that. I just learned The Brat and Lisa Ray are sisters.
- Tavis Smiley and Dr. Cornel West were on MSNBC bashing the president again.
- I can't stand Tavis. He is a whiny bitch.
- Love and Hip Hop anyone?
R196-Again? They need to stop that.
- Love and Hip Hop is too crazy for me. Those women are awful.
- TV One's Unsung needs to do one on the group from the 1980's called Dynasty. That would be a great one. They had songs like "Groove Control," "I've Just Begun To Love You," "Here I Am," "Love In The Fast Lane," and "Something To Remember."
- Hell has officially frozen over: Queen Latifah was on the Wendy Show today. And she talked about finding a woman to have children with.
- Taye Diggs has a book out. He says Tyson Beckford made him feel pretty.
- Terrence Howard and Cuba Gooding Jr. are in the new movie called "Red Tails."
- R180 you are so right. The Game is painfully mediocre and they need to get rid of that laugh track, but Wendy Raquel and the Tasha Mack character are gold and really the only reason to watch. Brandy wasn't half bad either.
- Anybody still watching the Braxtons? It is now clear that Tamar has some mental issues going on! I think its great that they show a black family seeking therapy for their issues though.
- Does anybody here post at LipstickAlley? It seems like all the people on there have been there for a long time.
I need somewhere else to post since there are only two and a half black people left here.
- What mental issues does Tamar have? She has the most sense.
- r208 she has inferiority issues when she is working with her sisters. Tamar doesnt like Toni because Towanda is now closer to her. So she purposely sabotages everything they try to do just to piss Toni off.
I do think Tamar has good sense, she is just cant show it without being loud, demanding, and hood like. I wouldn't like Toni either. Everyone in the family thinks her approval is necessary for everything. That would get annoying.
- Toni is jealous of Tamar.
- They look like drugs made them unsung r200
- Tamar who can't seem to get along with anyone has the most sense? If you mean she knows how to cater to her audience and give them the loud, ghetto, black woman schtick that so many love to see, then I would agree with you. She knows how to give the audience what they want, which is a living breathing stereotype. But that ain't sense. That's a Stepin Fetchit famewhore. A person with good sense would have some iota of dignity.
- Toni admitted that Tamar has the best voice out of all of them including herself. How is that jealousy? Tamar is loud and obnoxious.
- Tamar is also a disaster to look at. What a tragedy.
- r214, I dont think Toni is jealous of Tamar either. But Toni still thinks everyone is supposed to kiss her ass. That's why Tamar acts like that. That's also why Traci went ballistic on her in the previews for next week when she told her to lose weight. Who died and made her queen?
And you'll notice their mom Evelyn talks to all her daughters in that condescending tone except Toni.
- well 215, Toni pays the bills for mama Evelyn's bikini waxes...
- Tamar is obnoxious but she was the only one smart enough not to marry a broke, lazy, trifling man. I call that sense. Toni doesn't pay Evelyn's bills. Tamar does. Toni is broke.
- so why does Evelyn threaten to slap the PISS out of Tamar and says nothing to Toni? Hrrrmmmmm?
- Mother Braxton is trifling. She's used to kissing Toni's behind.
- R217, I call that gold-digging. Using a man because of his money and because he might be able to help you put out a record that doesn't bomb again, aren't positive qualities.
- What do you call Towanda's idiocy? Married to a 50 year old who refuses to work. It's the height of stupidity.
- I call that a complicated relationship. And on his end, baby boy syndrome. But at least she's not a user and a gold-digger. And she's not cooning on TV for a come up the way Tamar is.
Tamar should stop the cooning and be herself. Like someone else said people love to see black people act like that (Flavor of Love was a big hit). Before all the skin bleaching, plastic surgery and gold-digging she seemed like a likable person.
- Even Tamar's husband gets fed up with her. She is too much but when she gets called out for being extra she acts like everyone is ganging up on her. She does not get it. She's obviously hiding some insecurity.
- Complicated relationship? Whatever. Who wants a 50 year old deadbeat?
- What did you all think of the Unsung on Atlantic Starr? Some might think on the surface it was boring but was a good document on what happened to a lot of large funk bands that transitioned from the 70's to the 80's.
- The Atlantic Starr lead singer seemed gay. He's a married preacher now.
- All three of the brothers in that group seemed gay. That was probably a subtext they weren't gonna get into.
- Good point, r227.
- I can't wait to see the episode of Unsung about Millie Jackson. That will be a great one.
- All three brothers did seem gay. What will they say about Freddie Jackson in his Unsung?
- r230: Since he's very much alive, its what will Freddie say about himself. And if its anything other than "yes I'm a big old queen, so what" the show is not getting saved!
- Anyone care to share info on which gay celebrities are in interracial relationships?
I know Wandy Sykes'wife is French but I had no idea that the late Dick Sargent's(Darren#2 from Bewitched)partner is black!
Also Sam Champion's partner(husband?)is also black,as is the guy Sam dated previously.
- There has been talk on here that John Amos likes White twinks. Does that count?
- Mario Cantone from Sex in the City's partner of umpteen years is black.
Don Lemon's boyfriend is white.
- Marcus Collins,runnerup in this year's British X Factor,and his boyfriend:
Marcus is on the left
- Another British X Factor finalist,Craig Colton,and his boyfriend Danyl Johnson.
(Yes,I know the use of the word 'celebrity'is tenious for these people,but they are in the public eye)
Craig is the white guy on the right
- Does Marlon McKenzie from British X Factor have a boyfriend yet?
- R232--I thought Marlon was straight. Here's his long time babymama:
- r239 he got with her when he was VERY young, and they arent together anymore. And all the footage I have seen of him leads me to believe that he was only heterosexual during the conception of his two kids lol
- really? he got involved with that Cleopatra girl? What happened with that group; I thought they were getting big in the US after the success of the Spice Girls British invasion, and then... poof - nada. I guess she got preggers huh
- I would get pregnant by him too! How Marlon's singing voice, I haven't heard it in awhile.
Cleo should have worked her connections in the biz more to get Marlon some kind of deal. He is pretty so people really wouldn't focus on his talent that much. He does seem gay gay gay
- TRUE BLOOD's Denis O'Hare and his husband Hugo Redwood:
- Surely you UK negroes have more tea to spill on Marlon.
- Rihanna & Chris Brown’s Girlfriend Karrueche Almost Fight?
- Anybody see the Unsung on Freddie Jackson last night? He chickened out.
- I wish TV One would hire Bev Smith. I miss seeing her on the tube. This is a lady who handled herself with class when she had Our Voices on BET many moons ago.
- r248: They would say she's too old. Not the right demographic.
- Good point, r249.
- More Marlon Mckenzie gossip.
- I dig the Tonight Show band leader Ricky Minor. What do we know about him?
- Ice-T on the state of rap.
- [quote][R180] you are so right. The Game is painfully mediocre and they need to get rid of that laugh track, but Wendy Raquel and the Tasha Mack character are gold and really the only reason to watch. Brandy wasn't half bad either.
I dont watch The Game either, but it is now the #1 show for black TV viewers.
I saw Freddy and was really disappointed he did not come out. He didn't say he's straight, but his answer seemed so strange. He's still a talented singer, and very pleasant, but he looks really bad so thin. Does he have "the flu"?
- Can someone start a thread on this?
- Part two
- Whatever happened to Sherry Carter from Video LP and Video Soul?
- LOL@ Richard Pryor outing Paul Mooney at R256! Only Richard could get away with doing that without Mooney throwing a hissy fit.
- But 259 I wonder if there's any truth to Richard "admitting" he had fucked a "faggot" before...
- Did Bow Wow Sleep With Kim Kardashian?
- Bow Wow should except his fate as a power bottom for Chris Brown when he is in between girlfriends.
- After this week's Braxton therapy session, it is clear that Toni is the center of all the family drama. She also has delusions of grandeur and needs to realize her rockstar days are over.
- TV One should do an Unsung episode on Carrie Lucas. She was an R&B singer on the Solar label who was married to Dick Griffey. Carrie Lucas retired from the music business in the mid 1980's to raise a family and raise horses.
- [quote]Bow Wow should except his fate....
- What's the latest on Trey Songz? I hope Trey doesn't think we forgot about he and Will Smith spending time alone together in Miami, and his publicist saying he could not comment on the nature of their relationship. He also has that twinkle in his eyes!
- Toni is definitely a diva and doesn't realize that her career is over.
- At their peak, who was more attractive Denzel Washington or Billy Dee Williams? And who was the bigger sex symbol in the black community?
- I'd say Billy Dee. Denzel was a reluctant sex symbol but Billy relished it so it was more enjoyable for the audience.
- I never understood Billy Dee's appeal.
- What is going on behind the scenes at the TV One network? Who hates who?
- Hello! Anybody home?
- Well r272: I hate Roland Martin. And what happened to G. Garvin?
- I don't think G.Garvin doesn't have a show on TV One no more, r274.
- Thats stupid. He was great. Hopefully The Food channel or The Cooking channel will snatch him up
- Ice-T has a lot of nerve commenting on the "state of rap music" like some kind of elder statesman--he's one of the worst rappers in the history of mankind (as well as acknowkedging he can't act his way out of a paper bag), and has admitted has much.
Does Billy Dee have a conk? I find that a turn-off.
- Cathy Hughes used to do one hour specials when she interviewed people like Dick Gregory, Spike Lee, Tavis Smiley, and the list goes on and on.
- [quote] never understood Billy Dee's appeal.
I never understood Denzel's appeal. Dude looks like he's been munching on feet.
- Don Cornelius' Dead Of Apparent Suicide: LAPD
- OMG! Now that came out of nowhere.
- Anyone a fan of Dance Hall Queen Shisha?
- One more.
- R&B Singer David Peaston died yesterday:
I remember him well from [italic]Showtime at the Apollo[/italic]. His version of [italic]God Bless The Child[/italic] was supernatrual. So talented. He had a serious weight problem and lost his legs to diabetes, poor guy.
- What yo grandpa don't want you to know...
- How do they know all the men are couples in the photos?
- Do you bitches remember this? Lets settle this once and for all: Who won - The Crackhead or the Cunt?
- In her prime Whitney Houston had the better voice (even in that video where she clearly isn't in her prime, she trounces Mariah). I'm sure Mariah would admit Whitney's voice during her prime could not be fucked with. Whitney is a better live performer. Whitney's more confident on stage than Mariah. I can't watch Mariah perform live nowadays because she is too nervous and self-conscious of herself to really give it to you live. Whitney grew up in the church where she perfected her craft at live performing; whereas Mariah was taught by her opera singing mother and got her gospel training solely through listening to albums.
Having said that: I like Mariah's music more. I think out the two I can listen to Mariah's before Whitney's because Mariah experimented with different genres, whereas Whitney kept it strictly Pop/R&B (with a little watered down Gospel thrown in occasionally). Whitney has always been more of a singles-artist with the other songs being fillers; with Mariah all the songs on her albums could be singles (particularly if we're talking about her albums in the 90s). Mariah's more the artist than Whitney.
But if we're asking who ultimately won the battle between the two: Mariah. Mariah's voice, while diminished a bit due to age, still can sing in her full range. She's happy in life with a stable husband and kids. Whitney has all but destroyed her glorious voice and close to facing bankruptcy. Whitney hasn't made a good album since My Love is Your Love and her live performances are just painful to watch now.
- That is so true, r289.
- Was watching Soul Train marathon all weekend. Was anybody a dancer or have any behind the scenes stories? It seems the late 70's early 80's episodes were very gay.
- And for you Caucasian American Dataloungers, be sure to catch Meg Hilty tonight on SMASH!
or, to put it differently.... what the fuck OP??
- What about the 1970's and 1980's funk group Cameo?
- Where my Yardies at!!! Which one of yall aunty is she?
- lmao r294
- What did anyone thought of Millie Jackson's Unsung episode? I loved it. Anyone else?
- weht angela basset?
Has Viola Davis taken her palce?
What about Vivica Fox?? She was the ish back in the day. Is she even alive???
Why is Tina Turner all the way up in Switzerland?? Does she have family in the US?
Questions I need answered
- Vivica Fox ruined her career by choosing substandard films and getting bad PS.
- Angela Bassett is not interested in playing a maid or a role that presents a black female in a negative light.
- Thank you, r299.
- here we go again, a maid is the worst thing a black woman can be? Are we that snobbish now?
- I get Vivica and Tamar mixed up. They must have the same plastic surgeon.
r297 I thought Tina's boyfriend is German. Didnt Diana Ross live in Europe too when she married her last husband? I would certainly buy some houses in Europe if had a rich man over there!
- RazB update:
Still trying to prove he is straight
- Judge: Chris Brown To Remain On Probation
- Chris should stay on probation for at least a year or two. I still dont think he's a mentally sound person.
Rihanna is going to end up just like Whitney Houston (less talented though) if she stays anything more than friends with him. They have been alone together at the Staples Center this week getting ready for the Grammys tomorrow.
- I love Stephanie Mills. I never get tired of listening to her old stuff.
I know that she's been touring with a new album released - is it any good?
- R306, What happened to Whitney really had nothing to do with a man. It was her drug use.
- R301, no it isn't. But I think she is tired of that still being a role that is sat aside for black actresses. Even though Halle won an Oscar for Monsters Ball many straight black men I know state they would never support her in another film. They were really turned off by her portraying a black woman that let a white man treat her that way.
- r308, even if Whitney's drug use caused her demise, Bobby was not helping that situation. I can do bad all by myself?
- Anybody watch Gayle King on the Early Show? She was flirting with Dwayne Johnson this week.
- Damn, Damn, Damn!
- r306/r310 here. I posted those comments right before Whitney's died. That Rihanna better get her life right!
- R310, Bobby did not pursue Whitney, she pursued him. Perhaps she chose him because she knew he would not challenge her drug use.
Prior to her relationship with Bobby she attempted relationships with Randall Cunningham (then quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles) and Eddie Murphy. I think quite frankly neither wanted to deal with her drug use and wild ways.
- Anyone else still depressed about Whitney?
- I am. Ive been down all week. I havent listened to my favorite song of hers yet. I cant believe she is really gone. No more snippy interviews or comebacks. No more sweaty performances. No Waiting to Exhale II.
I have addicts in my family so I understand how much she was fighting. At least she went out in a grand way, with a party downstairs.
- I have come to the conclusion that there really were 2 Whitney's - the one
who was first presented in the early 80's, by Clive Davis, the ' How Will I know' / 'I Just Wanna Dance With Somebody' adorable girl, and the tough
rebellious , dirty Whitney, that came later. I do believe the latter was the real Whitney - because of where she came from, and how she behaved. It
was probably all manufactured, but I prefer to remember the beautiful 'Saving All My Love For You' girl, as it takes me back to a pure, simple time. Its kind of like the MJ dillmema - how do you reconcile the sweet,amazing little boy, fronting the Jacksons, to the last days of an MJ,
being pumped full of Propophal, by his own request - and the beautiful, young, unbelievably talented Whitney, in those first videos, and the drunk, voice gone, Whitney, looking a mess, on that last night out. The pictures in my mind, of the differences, make me feel so sad, for both of them.
- Several people have said she looked disheveled at that last party because the club she was in was packed out. There were some outstanding R&B acts there that night, the videos are on YT. They brought the house down. Whitney was just having a good time.
Here she is a couple of months ago. She seemed really comfortable in her skin. I totally believe was just overdoing it for a woman with her history and age. She took the wrong prescriptions together and her body couldn't take it. Its frustrating that her death will likely forever be associated with her use of illegal drugs in the past, and not the real circumstances that caused it.
- Hell yes, R315. I've tried to listen to my favorite Whitney song, "You Give Good Love", but each time I've tried I got choked up. And it's even worse when I try to watch one of her videos. Yes, Mary I know.
- It's going to take me a while before I can listen to Whitney and celebrate the good about her life. I'm just too damned heartbroken.
I miss you, Whitney. Thanks for the good times.
- Same here. Just like with MJ, it will likely be a long while before I can listen to any of Whitney's songs again. (For me this kind of reaction isn't just limited to music; it was a long time after Bea Arthur and Rue McClanahan both died that I could bring myself to watch "Golden Girls" reruns again.)
- thanks everybody for coming in here and giving Whitney the props she deserves. Unlike the disrespect in some threads on this board and elsewhere.
- Yeah it's terrible how people only focus on the mistakes she made and forget what an amazing woman Whitney Houston was. I miss her so much and I'm so sad for Bobbi Chris.
And she did have emotion in her songs.
- Her voice was inimitable, even by her in her last days... and fuck those snobish queens who said she really wasn't a singer but a vocalist, that singing actually has real emotion behind and that she was just showing off. If her songs didn't have emotion behind why was she so adored and beloved by the entire world?
- Thank you R324!
- Its getting real ugly on other threads here and I'm sick of fighting.
- I see what you mean, R226. I remember reading in one of these threads ( there are so many) about Whitney,a poster said that most of the people on this site think that black people can't do anything. After reading through these threads about Whitney I think that poster was correct. They say she had a disgusting voice and was a screecher. But I bet they wouldn't say that about Adam Lambert who is the biggest screecher of all. I guess we suck and everything and white people are better than us in everything. They are better soul singers than us, better blues singers than us, and better R&B singers than us. White supremacy is alive and well and clearly gay men are not immune.
- I guess we have to watch what we say here. Because it will be copied and pasted in another thread. Entitled people have no boundaries. How dare we ask them to respect boundaries.
- Ignore R328. It was a simple misunderstanding.
- R327, don't forget they're also better actors than we are. Blacks never actually deserve Oscars or Emmys or Tonys. Anytime we win, it's due entirely to white guilt, not because we delivered a great performance on the level of our far more talented white counterparts.
In fact, according to white gays, the only thing blacks do better than anyone is stand in the way of (white) gays getting all of their rights. If it weren't for blacks, (white) gay men would be free to marry each other all across America. Straight whites have never, ever stood in the way of this personal liberty, only the blacks.
- Nick Cannon is not doing well :(
- I don't know how I forgot that R330. We are terrible actors too. Next we'll be awful in the 100 meter dash in track and field. I came across a thread just yesterday in which the OP flat out stated that blacks are the enemy and Virginians need to fight us back. It was clear that the OP didn't even bother to read the article. Another poster told me that in Virginia blacks are 'massively' against gay marriage.
I looked for the pre-election poll to see if that was the case. Well, what I found was that blacks opposed gay marriage around 53 percent while 41 percent approved with 6 percent undecided. So that's massively opposed? There was also a poll done in California which showed that the majority of blacks approved of gay marriage. You should have seen how these white queens flipped out. They ranted and ranted about blacks. And another one said that they don't need our support. I'm like if you don't need it you don't have it.
I would also like to know where did the 70 percent go? I haven't seen it in any other polls so what happened to it? Don't blacks vote 70 percent against gay rights? In reality the 70 percent never existed. Blacks have always been split about gay marriage. But these white queens don't want to hear that because it takes away their excuse to hate us.
- Re negative stuff about Whitney elsewhere on the site. Because she was such a huge, worldwide superstar, people forget she was human and loved her friends and family.
This short clip, in that packed club from that last night out, of her meeting El Debarge (another talented singer who's had his own strugles with addiction) whom she hadn't seen in nearly 20 years was a very touching moment. The emotion and tears are clearly genuine as they don't know they're being filmed.
- What did yall think of Nippy's home going extravaganza?
Alicia Keys needs not to sing that song live ever again. I would have preferred a lovely gospel tribute by Kelly Price or Newark's own Faith Evans. I was also disappointed that no one threw themselves at the casket or fell out in in grief or the holy spirit. But otherwise it was quite moving.
r333, I bet Eldra DeBarge never thought he would outlive Whitney Houston. I bet James thinks that too. And Bunny. And Chico. And all of them DeBarges.
- RE 1 - I loved Angela Bofill, and just found out about her strokes. Terrible. I send my prayers to her. In the late 70's , my 2 favorite singers were Angela, and Phyllis Hyman. Angela's 'Tonight I Give In' was amazing, and still play Phyllis' 'You Know How To Love Me' all the time.
Sadly, like Whitney, Phyllis is gone, and Angela is ailing. Sad - all beautiful, wonderfully talented ladies.
- Whats going on with Donnie McClurkin? He looking kind of frail these days.
- From what I hear, being on the DL is taking it's toll on him. Come out Donnie - it'll be hard, but at least you'll be more comfortable.
I expected better from the choir. I was looking for some really good gospel going home to meet my God kind of music. Instead it was repeating the same verse over and over and over again. I don't mean any disrespect. Just my opinion.
- KELIS is the sexiest, most gorgeous woman in music. Too bad DLers never seem to discuss her.
- Is Keri Hilson gay? She sets off my lesbar no end!
- R318... my sentiments exactly. She was cleaned up, but her body could probably not take 10 "aspirins" if she took them all at once, much less the scripts in her room. Her doctor should be handled for giving her all the different scrips simultaneously.
She had a naturally bubbly and audacious personality...some people mistook that for being under the influence of drugs.
I wonder if Whitney did not grow up in Newark NJ, but instead grew up in a "less gritty area" would she have been exposed to drugs?
Did Robyn introduce her to drugs?
- [quote]RE 1 - I loved Angela Bofill, and just found out about her strokes. Terrible. I send my prayers to her. In the late 70's , my 2 favorite singers were Angela, and Phyllis Hyman. Angela's 'Tonight I Give In' was amazing, and still play Phyllis' 'You Know How To Love Me' all the time. Sadly, like Whitney, Phyllis is gone, and Angela is ailing. Sad - all beautiful, wonderfully talented ladies.
So true, r336. All the great voices are gone. I adored both Angela and Phyllis. And WTF is Anita Baker doing? She has all but disappeared. Her most recent album was not so great, though.
- "How Will I Know" with Whitney's voice and no music...STUNNING
- Just read the list of winners for this year's NAACP Image Awards. "House of Payne" best comedy series? Really?? LL Cool J over Andre Braugher for lead actor in a drama series? Seriously??
I realize there isn't much out there to choose from as far as projects starring people of color in leading roles, but when you're reduced to rewarding shows of such highly questionable quality (that's the most diplomatic phrasing I could come up with) as the so-called "best," then maybe it's time to hang it up. Otherwise, all you end up doing is cheapening the award and chipping away at any respectability it has left (if it had any to begin with).
I'm sure if it'd lasted only a few more episodes, they would've nominated the redo of "Charlie's Angels" for best drama series.
No disrespect meant by the way; just my opinion
- Am I the only one who think BeBe Winans is gay? What's his story?
- I thought it was very moving, R334. There is a soloist in that choir that sounds very similar to (but not quite there) Whitney. For a second I thought they were playing one of Whitney's recordings. Whoever she was she was great. I thought Tyler Perry was great even though he let a little bit of Madea slip in there. CeCe and R Kelly were both great. But I'll tell you, when the pallbearers were carrying the casket out of the church while IWALY was playing, I got really choked up, I mean REALLY choked up. Seeing the casket being carried out of the church meant that it was real, it meant that she really is gone forever.
- r346 & 347: As great and touching as that memorial was, I guess I wasn't the only one that noticed it was a huge Down Low, black Queen extravaganza. From the choir in the backround, the funeral staff in the gold and white, to the aftermentioned speakers and singers. All taking place in Newark NJ, the DL capital of America. Even R-Jay queened out touching the casket. All fitting for Whitney, who would have loved it all, cause she loved the children.
- Isn't Atlanta the DL capital of America?
- r349: I would say Atlanta is the black gay capital of America. Big difference.
- I'm sure there's plenty of DL guys in Atlanta but ATL still has a large black gay presence, Pride events, etc. Newark has no gay organizations, no events that are publicized that aren't just about sex. But if you go to websites like Adam4Adam and type in Newark, millions of profiles pop up, half of them without face pics. And Newark has one of the largest amount of AIDS/HIV cases in the country. To me thats the very definition of Down Low.......
- This is unbelievable. This deserves it's own thread. Can one of you make it please? Here's the link:
- RE 346,347,348 - Was thinking exactly the same thing. Bebe has always pinged for me, as well as Tyler, of course- and Bebe's brother, the pastor who led the service (with the red sash), did the same, as well as the singer before Bebe. They all screamed down low. What is it ? I still love Bebe's voice - but now i'm wondering about them all.
- Who else noticed during Whitney's funeral that during Tyler Perry's eulogy, the main pastor (in the red sash) wasn't having ANY of it?
It was clear that he was not feeling Tyler's performance.
- or even Pat Houston's r355.
Is there bad blood between Pat and WH family?
- I just want to coe on here and say Thank You Whitney for allthe good memories.
WH was like the soundtrack to my teenage life. I rememebr goign over to y friends house to watch WH videos because my mom wouldn't all us to watch tv.
I don't know how long it's going to take me to overcoe her death, I still can't believe she's gone. No other celeb death has affected me this much
- And now do you see the thread of these stupid white queens saying how Judy Garland was larger than Whitney? They said Whitney was not as beloved all over the world when she died as Judy was. Really? Hahaha!
These people are really deluded.
- [quote]Am I the only one who think BeBe Winans is gay? What's his story?
You know I dont think Bebe is gay, but Marvin (Bishop in the red sash) seems like he might have some gay history. I wonder why Vickie Winans divorced him after 16 years.
- Hopefully it goes without saying that before you respond to R358, please trolldar same, know that that is his first post in this thread, and recognize that it is just some troll trying to stir up a race flame war.
- [quote]I expected better from the choir. I was looking for some really good gospel going home to meet my God kind of music.
Me too. They should have had the Clark Sisters do a homegoing rendition of Hallejulah to wake up the congregation after the second hour.
- [quote]And now do you see the thread of these stupid white queens saying how Judy Garland was larger than Whitney?
What thread is this, r358?
- Chris Brown really has some screws loose doesnt he. If he goes to jail I hope is prepared to get passed around
- Not this shit again... I thought Mandela had taken care of these racist fucks
- r360 you're a jack-/jenny-ass
How old is Whitney in this video? Wouldn't she be around 18 or 19? I was born the year this took place so I never saw this Grammy performance. It was her first Grammy performance, right? God, I love it so much. She's so beautiful and incredibly confident standing up there in a room full of seasoned artists. She knew she had the goods and she delivered. I love seeing her so happy and full of joy. Just beautiful.
- she was 23 or 24 there
- I was a baby when this originally aired as well, so I've never seen it. Thanks for posting.
- I was in high school when that aired. Thanks R366, for making me feel old.
- Thanks R367. Someone told me that she was 18 when she made her first album in 1985. So I wasn't sure. I suppose I could have just counted back from 48, but I forgot that she was 48 when she passed. You're welcome R368. LOL sorry R369.
- I dislike modern gospel music, but love the newer gospel artists who make old style traditional gospel music e.g, Hezekiah Walker's "Grateful".
Are there other great traditional gospel songs out there by newer gospel artists? Thanks
- I don't like modern gospel music either. I find it to be incredibly boring. If I'm going to listen to gospel music I want to hear the real thing. And for me that is traditional gospel music.
- Speaking of Hezekiah Walker, whats his story? I heard he got caught up in some downlow drama too.
- Agree or disagree: Most thugs and prisoners are into downlow sex.
Also, do they always try to hide it or deny it when they get out?
- I think the Winans each all have had some sort of interesting story in their lives.
- [quote]I think the Winans each all have had some sort of interesting story in their lives.
Id like to know the story behind this commercial
- WEHT Mario Winans? And the gay hating sisters Angie and Debbie?
- [quote] I realize there isn't much out there to choose from as far as projects starring people of color in leading roles, but when you're reduced to rewarding shows of such highly questionable quality (that's the most diplomatic phrasing I could come up with) as the so-called "best," then maybe it's time to hang it up.
I'm doing a degree in media studies and just read a book that touched on this w/reality shows. As horrifyingly bad as some of the representations of people of color (and frankly of ANYONE) in reality TV, there's part of the audience who still says "Hey, at least that looks like me."
- I wonder which of the dataloungers filed this suit stating that Obama can't run in Alaska because he is a Mulatto.
Can someone start a thread on this?
- OK, I thought Marvin always pinged but didn't think a woman like Vickie would've stood for it. Now I found out that she has divorced him? Wow.
I remember Donnie McClurkin saying, on an interview bout his life on BET, that during a hard time in his life when he was struggling with his sexuality (as if he isn't struggling now, come out you faggot) he was a member of Marvin and Vickie's church. He said that he even stayed in their house for a while. Then he and Marvin and Vickie were interviewed and no particular reason was given why, but Marvin in particular stated that he felt it was time for Donnie to just go. Do you guys think something happened and Vickie got concerned about those two (Marvin and Donnie, of course)?
- Whaaat r381???? This is new information!!!!
Here is Vickie at Marvin's church, they seem to still be friendly even though they are divorced
- Marvin's eulogy made zero sense.
- 383..Marvin's eulogy sucked!!! Thought I was the only one who thought he disgraced himself and Whitney. However, he sang fantastically.
- Who else wants to fuck the living shit out of T.I.? I just want to see my dick in between his amazing lips.
- I've searched for postings about the funeral home owner Carolyn Whigham, who funeralized Whitney. and there are none.
What's her deal?
- BeBe Winans PINGS. Sorry. Had to say it.
- You're not the only one who hated Marvin's eulogy. Others commented on how awful he was. He was a bad selection. Yes, BeBe screams gay!
- Anyone know of any message boards or forums for black gay men.
- I think Fantasia should have given the eulogy!
- r385 he looked really good on one of the latest episodes of TIP & Tiny. He was wearing a black sweatsuit, very very sexy! And he seems like a sweet guy
- TI is annoying. I can't watch their show.
- LOL, they were probably trying to start shit:
- They always are, R393.
- These two threads are unbelievable. I can't forgive this bitch. Not like I'm surprised though, seen it a million times:
- And here is the second thread I was talking about:
- I'm not even interested in discussing it. What is the point?
Let's stay positive on this thread please.
- When will Basketball Wives go off the air?
- Don't forget this thread either about San Francisco and asians:
- We had something similar happen in Philly between blacks and Asians at a local high school. The teachers' aides were held accountable because they encouraged the black students to mess with the Asian students and give them a hard time. I hated that shit - and I am black.
- If Viola is sad for not winning the Oscar last night, she can go home and console in the arms of her hot, sexy, chocolate, mature catt daddy husband of hers!
- R400, their gangs usually are the ones to start the problems in the first place.
- r402, you mean the Asian gangs? Explain.
Here in Philly, it was individual students.
- I can't believe there's a negroid themed thread. Go back to the cotton fields!!
- When it came to female R&B/Soul singers? Who was the favorite one? Millie Jackson or Denise La Salle.
- The lady named Sophina Brown who married Henry Simmons has fallen off the radar after appearing on "Shark" and "NUMB3RS." Her acting career has either been put on hold or she left the business because of her faith in God.
- Nick Cannon has an autoimmune disease
- And Queen Latifah has a new lady friend
- Queen Latifah can afford a personal trainer to get her rich arse in better shape...WTF?
- Im really upset that Iyanla Vanzant doesnt have a show on OWN yet.
At one point she was dating a trainer, and still no real results. She just does not care about her health. She's a pretty girl, but will be as big as Aretha in a few years.
- I really dont like when people talk about Queen Latifah's weight. I watched that movie she did with Common with one of my friends and she did was talk about her like she was a whale! I think she looks good. She has always been a larger woman, mostly because of her breasts. Queen Latifah looks like a lot of regular black women who are over 40. She was never obese like Star Jones was or how Gabourey Sidibe is. And she will never get to Aretha pre-bypass levels.
Every minute we are critizing the white media and ourselves for rejecting real images of how real black people look. Well Queen Latifah is the real deal. Yeah she could probably lose some weight, but she is not obese.
- R415, she is butt ugly.
- And what do you look like, Miss r416??
We need more Viola's and fewer Queens.
- Tell me y'all are up on the Robert Glasper Experiment!
- Queen is playa
- Yall gotta admit that Asian cunt kicked that old Black bitch's ass
- thank u r419... I miss music like this being on the mainstream instead of cRAP
- r419: I been reading about that album. Gonna get it.......
- um, no one...???
- Ha! And they dogged me all these years about being gay, when I told and told them about Will. Not that it's a bad thing, but I'm just saying.
- OMG! Chile what is Tisha gonna say?
- I used to have a huge crush on Duane.
- Im envious of all the ass in this downlow relationship.
- Damn Damn Damn! All of that ass and those thick thighs. That ass is one of the reasons I crushed on him so hard.
- Wll's been there......alot !
- Rihanna's dad has publicly called her fat. WTF?!
- womanly butt
- Wow that's some ass!
- Im reading the Aaliyah thread, it seems like people have a lot of contempt for Beyonce. I honestly think people wouldnt go out of their way to diss her if Aaliyah was still around to compete with her. Im not a fan of Beyonce's albums or the way she handled the alleged delivery of her child, but to say she is untalented is just messy.
- Anyone notice the trailer for "21 Jump Street" where Channing Tatum slaps the black kid...
Whenever regular blacks kids are murdered in the streets like dogs (and the killer gets away scott free...so far)...shyt like that is not "funny"...
- 436 it's comedy... it's not reflective of the racist killing that happened recently. Stop pulling the race-card where it's not warranted. I'm Black and I see nothing wrong in a Black kid getting equal opportunity time to get ridiculed like the other races. Did u notice there are White kids in that movie "school" who get the brunt of jokes also?
- Taye Diggs?
- R437...actually I did not make myself clear...I was more concerned that the unprovoked violence of a bigger white guy punching a smaller black kid in the face, was broadcast in the movie's national trailer, as the MAIN JOKE in the trailer...
I know it's not reflecting the racist killing that recently happened. However, in small town schools, main streets, etc...across America, do we really need to "encourage" violence like that.
- RE 439 Stop being so PC . I love this stuff. As long as the kid isn't wearing a yarmulke !
- I cringe at the commercial for Eddie Murphy's new movie when the blind man mutters "white folks sho is nice". Yeesh.
- R435 I don't think a lot of people will call Beyonce untalented. More mediocre and unexposed
- No, untalented is the right word.
- Whitney Houston's teenage daughter, Bobbi Kristina, has told her grandmother, Cissy Houston, she will marry Nick Gordon, a longtime friend who's known as her 'adopted' brother, even though the matriarch of the family is vehemently opposed to the relationship, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.
As Star magazine exclusively reported in this week's issue, just one month after Whitney's death, Bobbi Kristina, 19, secretly got engaged to Nick, 22, and she's recently been spotted wearing a diamond engagement ring.
PHOTOS: Whitney Houston's Mendham Home
Cissy Houston is "absolutely heartsick that Bobbi Kristina has gotten engaged. This reminds her of when Whitney married Bobby Brown, whom Cissy has never approved of. Cissy has conveyed to Krissy how upset she is, and has urged her to have a prolonged engagement. Krissy has told her grandmother that she doesn't need her blessing to marry Nick, and the more Cissy objects to the relationship, well that only cements Krissy's decision. It's just a very sad situation. Clearly, Krissy loves Nick, but she has just lost her mother, and her entire world has been turned upside down. Krissy doesn't think she needs to wait, and points to her mom's sudden death as the reason to marry Nick," a source close to the situation tells us.
PHOTOS: Last Pictures Taken Of Whitney Houston Alive
"Nick proposed to Krissy on March 10, and she said yes," a family friend told Star. "Krissy said Nick is the only person she trusts in the world. They have a very deep connection," a family insider told Star via RadarOnline.com.
Bobbi Kristina lives with Nick in Whitney's $1.2 million Atlanta townhouse, and they call each other "brother" and "sister," says the source.
- Bobbi Kristina must be pregnant.
- Did you guys know rapper Mystikal was out of jail? He is about to put out new music via Lil Wayne's Young Money label.
For some reason he has gotten really sexy since being locked up! I never realized that he was really handsome
- 437, laughed hardest when they hit a bump and blew the black mans head off in pulp fiction.
- WEHT - Melba Moore
Lloyd Haynes (Room 222)
Williamson & Haynes were my 70's sex on a stick- 2 best looking men ever.
- I agree r450 on Williamson and Hayes. What was the deal with Melba Moore and Clfton Davis?
- c'mon people!
- El Debarge got arrested AGAIN for drug possession. You would think after embracing Whitney on the eve of her death he would stay off the stuff.
- that poor family is really troubled
- El DeBarge will be dead soon.
- Bunny has been in rehab for a long while. Here she is on Dr. Drew. Its hard to believe she is 57 years old.
- Heads up.
I've been hearing a lot of whispering that the hispanics/latinos are going to be out to defend George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin case. They are pissed and are saying that he was acting in self defense. Are there many hispanic/latino gangs in Florida?
Here is George Zimmerman's picture:
- r459, I don't think that's the case. I think people in Florida are collectively more upset at the government and law enforcement right now.
- Where have you been hearing that , R458? Yes, I think there are quite a few gangs in Florida.
- The police department in Florida need to arrest George Zinnerman.
- So Lenny Kravitz likes Latino twinks? Surprise surprise!
- What's going on with Alicia Keys? It seems like she has dropped off the face of the earth since she had Swizz Beaks son. Does she still like women? Are her fans still angry about her breaking up a household?
- Shaunie is a business woman and I applaud her and all her efforts. I think she is a really beautiful, classy-looking woman and I love the way she rocks that hair. Aside from that, I feel that she is a pot stirrer and can't believe noone has ever called her out on it. I suppose it's because she's the Executive Producer so she signs their paychecks. In one season where Evelyn and Tammi fought at the restaurant when Ev told Tammi she used to date her man, it was Shaunie who told Evelyn that she should bring it up. I always thought that was wrong. In this season, she invited Jennifer to her birthday party knowing that Evelyn would try to beat her a**. Shaunie looks like she's innocent and diplomatic, but in another season, she ganged up on Gloria at the restaurant where Shaunie and the other women had ambushed Gloria - and Shaunie actually followed Gloria out of the restaurant and wanted to harm that girl. in reality she's making sure she keeps the drama going. I guess that's why she's the boss. Still, she's not classy at all and has a mean, vindictive side to her. They're all like mean girls in high school. And I find it riveting.
- I can't stand Basketball Wives. It is too ghetto and trashy for me.
- VH-1 should just get rid of Basketball Wives for good.
- I agree. I think there are some people on that show who are actually decent people but they are so desperate for money that they are willing to make themselves look gutter as hell. I'm so over all of the fist fighting and drink throwing. These women need to learn some class and at least try to have even a little bit of dignity. I don't know why any men are interested in them after seeing how they act on the show.
I will admit that the "non motherfucking factabitch" thing was kind of funny when she first said it , though.
- These are women who were never taught the value of themselves as human beings, only what's between there legs and having babies by athletes is the only way to live. And if they have daughters they pass that ideology down to them and the cycle continues.
- Anyone else think Michael Ealy is the best lookin dude ever put onscreen ? Those eyes are as blue as the Mediterrainian Sea !
- Dennis Rodman is broke and extremely sick.
- Im probably way late, but I didnt know Tami from Basketball Wives was on the Real World Los Angeles! Wow, her life has certainly come full circle. She is the same bitch on reality TV that she was 20 years ago.
Tami had a mild heart attack yesterday.
- Yes! I saw that Real World late because I was too young to even know what the show was when it originally aired. But it is sad that she has made a career out of being on reality TV. Twenty years and still on reality TV. What happened to her singing career?
- This is also pretty late, but a lot black women did not take kindly to actor Brian White's comments on black women on reality TV like BB Wives & RHOA. And he is married to a woman who is not black.
I watched part of the reunion of Love & Hip Hop, I never watched the show before. There was some behind the scenes footage, the producers were mostly middle aged white guys that look like Andy Cohen. Casting the "angry black woman" in a group with multiple races is now boring. They just hire and group all the angry black women together.
Im not a fan of BBW, but I think Mr. White needs to remember that these shows are about as fictional as any movie he has done. And as long as white people make fools of themselves on TV, you cant really single out black women for doing it to.
- The thing is I'm willing to bet that black women makeup the overwhelming majority of his fan-base. In other words, career suicide.
Tyler Perry must be fuming.
- I just randomly stumbled upon this unique couple. Very cool! I don't think I've ever met a gay Sikh before.
- Shaunie isn't doing anything to uplift other black women and I hate her for that. She has money and she can afford to take a hit in public opinion, but the others do not and she exploits that.
Fuck her. Team Shaq!!
- I know people will disagree, but the new show Scandal with Kerry Washington I'm not feeling judging by the commercials. And Kerry's character seems annoying. I'll watch though
- Thanks for that R476, nor have I!
- OK video shows that Joe Oliver, George Zimmerman's supposed friend is a FRAUD... he also claims he left his job to go on this media tour to support Zimmerman... I wonder who is paying the fucking motherfucker
- Somebody please get Toure some dick so he can stop being so obnoxious!
- Gurl, Mizz Toure was ready to pull those earrings off and grab her Vaseline in that clip!!
- Toure acts like he is the height of journalism!! Piers Morgan should have aired that LEGENDARY interview he did with Bow Wow and Omarion where Bow Wow queened out and threatened him ass for dissing his boyfriend. Of course this makes him more qualified to comment on the Trayvon Martin case ((rolls eyes))
- I always thought he was gay (and still do after watching him on Piers last night) but isn't he married?
- Can somebody start a thread on Obama being sexy and he knows it?
- Toni Braxton's new video. Her nose is smaller than Janet's now!
- r478 I'm kind of ambivalent about Scandal as well. It's not really my type of show, but I LOVE and I mean LOVE Kerry Wahington and I'd watch her do anything. She's said in interviews that this is the most fulfilling role of her career and she really wants to make another season. I hope it is successful, I really truly do. I'm gonna give it a real shot.
I mean it is a one hour network drama with a BLACK FEMALE LEAD. I wonder if Taraji was up for this or maybe she got Person of Interest before.
Speaking of blacks on tv I don't know if you all follow the trades like I do but Meagan Good and Laz Alonzo were cast as the leads of a nighttime soap pilot for NBC. It's called Notorious and reads like a total Revenge ripoff but it doesn't get much sexier than those two so I hope it moves forward.
- Not to criticise r470, but are white features on black people still considered attractive and preferable to black Americans?
- I am sick and tired of this shit. How much more of this abuse will we take by the corrupt police and their racist White counterparts? I REAL racial revolutions needs to be done in this country
- That Toure is one hot mess. He needed to sit his ass down!
In bigger and better news....*drumroll*
Raz B got a new singe out y'all!!!
- I would watch Laz Alonzo in ANYTHING. When is this pilot airing r487?
I would rather ________ than see that Steve Harvey movie.
- lol r492.
Are we still fans of Nicki Minaj? I heard that the Roman Reloaded album is garbage. It seems like everyone has turned on her. I like her personality a lot.
But I think people like Nicki and Lady Gaga and Beyonce need to bring it in some. I miss the days when artists actually went away after promoting an album so you would miss them, and then they came back better than ever. These ladies just overexpose themselves until people hate them.
- Nicki Minaj had mobs of people who didn't like her when her career began. Tons of people were calling her fake and saying that she can't rap. I think that many of her fans have become disillusioned. She doesn't seem to know who she is or what kind of artist she wants to be. Many people have claimed that she modeled herself after Kim and now GaGa and there appears to be some truth in those observations.
I also think that many people are tired of the gimmicks and I think that Adele owes her tremendous success to that. People just want singers to sing well. They are over the crazy fashions and split personalities. It has been overdone and it's boring now. Minaj has set herself up to have a short career.
- [quote]She doesn't seem to know who she is or what kind of artist she wants to be.
That's the thing though. All of the other female rappers that have come before her who knew "what kind of artist they wanted to be" pretty much fell off after a couple of good years. Queen Latifah is the only exception to that. I have never seen people have such strong opinions on a woman mc before; Lil Kim wishes she had the following that Nicki does. I think as long as Nicki has no real competition she is going to have a huge career.
She deleted her Twitter account last night after a huge fight with her "fans"
- Miss Nikki must be looking into he rear-view mirror at the up-and-coming female competition like Iggy Azalea, Reema Major and especially Azealia Banks. They seem to be getting by on talent alone as opposed to relying on staged exorcisms, Sigmund and The Sea Monster colored weaves and Barbie Dream House themes. Lil' Kim may just have been right about her after all.
- r496, all long as Nicki has Lil Wayne in her corner, she really doesnt have any competition. As soon as she leaves Young Money, she is over. Just like Lil Kim and Biggie. Nicki is part of a larger brand that is headed by Lil Wayne.
- Will Shaunice O'Neal end her Basketball Wives reality tv show one day?
- Well, I've never seen this kind of hate and backlash before either. And I didn't understand why so many people called her talentless, fake, and a bad rapper when she first came out and started getting tons of features. People say that she is self-hating a lot too.
I assumed it was envy. I assumed that Kim was envious. I assumed that male Hip Hop fans didn't like the fact that she outsells their Hip Hop heroes. But I really don't know.
She seems so polarizing. People either love her or hate her like she slapped their mothers. And they hated her before the crazy gimmicks. But I think the gimmicks have made it worse for her. I'm not surprised that her fans have turned on her but deleting her tweeter over it is a bit silly and dramatic.
- Are any of you planning to watch "THINK LIKE A MAN" this weekend? It is based on the Steve Harvey relationship advice book that has sold over 3 million copies.
- I don't see Nicki Minaj as polarizing. She's just another mediocre rapper.
- R498, only when the ratings tank and she has no choice. I don't know why I thought Shaunie had any dignity. We had to live through Flavor of Love and now we have another show about desperate gold diggers. I read something today about one of the cast members suing another for hitting her.
- Speaking of Basketball Wives...
What do you guys think of Royce's fiance? I didnt know he was so young.
Is this real?
- He has quite a nice shape...
- his ball sack is really long... looks photoshopped
- also, look at his left hand in the last pick, it looks stretched or skewed... it's 'shopped
- That is so true r503.
- Scandal is on today! I really like the show. It's clever, quick and smart.
I do miss 'Find Our Missing' w/ S. Epatha Merkerson. I hope they renew it for another season.
How do all like this Elle Varner chick? I want to like her more because she has a different sound and a great voice. But so far she's been, 'meh'
- Would someone please either make a thread about the story I am linking to or just read it and pass it along amongst your friends? Thank you.
A film crew from Los Angeles has launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund a film about Ms. Venus, a 53-year-old Mobile, Alabama drag queen with Memphis roots.
While in her 20s, Mobile resident Devin Ford met Ms. Venus, and the charismatic queen helped re-shape Ford's worldview. A self-professed "white, straight, Southern, former Evangelical," Ford says she was amazed to see someone as comfortable in her own skin as Ms. Venus. The film will chronicle the pair's relationship and Ms. Venus' life journey.
Ms. Venus relocated to Mobile from Memphis, where she was the only African-American man working the on the Memphis Queen riverboat. Parts of the documentary will be filmed in Memphis as Ms. Venus discusses that part of her life.
The crew hopes to raise $50,000 by Tuesday, May 15th to move further with the project. Currently, they've only shot a trailer for the Kickstarter page.
- I am so over Rihanna. This cunt ENDED an interview in Australia because the anchor asked her a question about her love life. Gurl, your pussy is not all of that for you to be ending interviews over.
Just because she got beat up by a Brown and does crack with her pseudo lesbian girlfriend doesnt mean she should be considered for ANYTHING related a possible Whitney biopic. If she had ANY class she would say she was flattered that people think she should could it, but graciously say she could never pull it off.
- What about Washington Watch with Roland Martin on TV One?
- Nia Brooks Charged With Battery For Slapping Jennifer Williams.
- “Basketball Wives” Boycott Their Reunion Show Over Jennifer Williams’ Face-Slap Lawsuit.
- I'm seeing Think Like a Man in a few hours with a friend. I'm happy that it's successful. Black film needs so desperately to move out of the Tyler Perry ghetto and a few successful movies that he has nothing to do with may just do the trick. I hope it's not overtly homophobic like that gawker article says, but then again I think white gay guys (and Brian Moylan at gawker is) try very, very hard to find and/or point out homophobia in anything with black people.
- So over Tyler Perry haters^^
- quoted for truth r517.
- What do we think of the charges that Think Like a Man is homophobic? I haven't seen it yet.
- Anybody watch Sweetie Pies on OWN? Miss Robbie's son Tim is built like hell and I just know he has a big ole booty from how he walks. I would love too see him fuck the hell out of his bitchy little fem cousin!
- TLAM isn't overtly homophobic so much as filled with a sophomoric sense of gay panic played for cheap laughs.
Most of the jokes were funny enough but really unneccesary. Most were hetero panic jokes about being around another lightly clothed man which were funny,
and there was nothing nearly as nasty as "paging dr. Faggot" from Hangover or the drag queen in a cake from Why did I get married 2.
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Is Pregnant!
- "Brian McKnight Gets Explicit With His Latest Release"
- "Shaunie O’Neal Admits Obvious: Evelyn Lozada And Tami Roman Are Bullies"
- r521 that Charles needs a big dyck up his ass
- Chris Brown is not eating, suffering from some mental issues
- Usher Debuts New Song During Off-Broadway Play
- Remember The Time, Deion and Pilar Primetime Love [Reality Round-Up]
- I am so sick of the Deion and Pilar drama clogging up all the blogs this week. Professional athlete drama with his wife. Why does everyone care so much? This stuff is expected.
- Brandy has a new song with manorexic singer Chris Brown
- That Brian McKnight song was a travesty @ R525
I weep for the future of our music
- That is so true r533.
- R526,Shaunie, with her perpetually flared nostrils, is nothing but a fraud. She instigates and orchestrates all of that depravity while sitting back trying to play the innocent role. I watched a clip of the slapping on another blog and all Shaunie did was call out someone's name while some Girl Friday was charging the other girl. "Ev ev ev ev." What a treacherous witch. It makes me believe all of those rumors about her.
- [quote]Shaunie, with her perpetually flared nostrils
- You gurus are from Africa?
- yes, 537.
- What do yall think about this guy?
- Ice Cube Reflects On Hip Hop’s Influence On The L.A. Riots
- Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon Renew Wedding Vows
- Good for Mariah & Nick.
- Yes, R521! That man is really sexy. I try to watch just for him but I have no idea when it comes on. He's hot!
I was wondering something. There are a few black gay folks here who seem to think that they can't post in this thread because they aren't American. Should we change the name to something like gay people of African descent thread or something? Or just keep it as is?
- This Tyler Perry fire is starting to become suspicious. He hasn't commented on it yet and it's been two days.
- Anybody been following Usher and Tameka's custody trial? It has gotten pretty ugly this week.
I really dont know what to think of Usher's personal life. There was some stuff he did not want go on the record in the trial, which raised some eyebrows. But a lot of that had to deal with Tameka. I do believe he had a relationship with that student from New Jersey that tried to out him, but I dont think Tameka cares.
His new song Climax is gorgeous. The best song I have heard in a long while.
- I just watched my first full episode of Basketball Wives. Now I see why I've been so hesitant about watching this show. Tami made my blood pressure go up, and this is just a reality show.
I really hope she gets the wind knocked out her one day soon. If she took anything that belonged to me, I would give her a good fist in the jaw, prior to pulling her extensions out from the root!
And I cannot believe how low Shaunie O'neal has stooped. She should have just sticked to making a shoe line. Her name is tarnished forever.
- I found the fire suspicious as well.
- Is Rihanna fucking him now?
Terry the creepy photographer, that is
- Tami Roman may be leaving Basketball Wives.
- Thank God r551. Im all for the entertainment factor, but Tami just does not need to be on television. She has mental problems and she is a bully.
I heard Nivea turned down Love and Hip Hop ATL. I would watch her ghetto self over Tami Roman.
Tamar Braxton and Jill Scott also got into it on twitter over the reality shows on WE. I cant believe Tamar would come for Jill like that. Tamar, enough. Jill has so many enemies to be an innocuous R&B Soul artist. The Grammys, Anita Baker, people in interracial relationships, the Braxtons. Who's next?
- Whoa! r552, details please! What is Jill getting into it with anyone for? Twitter must be a nightmare for publicists
- r553 here's a rundown of what happened. Tamar was starting something out of nothing (as per usual!)
- Can somebody start a thread on this video? It is important to address the perception by WHITE gays that the Black community is so anti-gay
- Beautiful, R555. Thank you so much for that link.
I think the problem is that many white gays (not all but many) secretly love the fact that blacks are traditionally anti-gay because it gives them a built-in cover for their racism. If every black in America was to suddenly stand up and say "Yes, I wholeheartedly support gays and gay rights, including the right to get married," the racist queens' heads would explode because they'd then have to scramble to come up with some other convenient excuse for still hating blacks.
Started a new thread.
- It was so hard watching the BW show tonight. I wanted to cry watching Tami bully that poor girl, and laugh while the other "women" just sat there.
- Evelyn Shaunie and Suzie should be ashamed for letting Tami get away with that. I wish Kesha stuck to her guns and got Tami arrested. And Evelyn's tears after the fact was just stupid. She should have done something.
I wont be watching BBW or anything else involving Tami unless its her getting her ass beat.
- Jill Scott would not approve!
- Tami is a bully and a rude cunt. I would love to see that bitch get the shit beat out of her.
Will Someone Please Give Tami Roman The Beating She Deserves?
- Rohan is a dog!
- Marvin Winans got carjacked!
- I think there is way more to that Winans' story. He may have known those guys, or set up the whole thing for insurance purposes, but it sounds fishy.
Bump this thread when the truth comes out.
- r564, you are sooo shady.
- Huey Newton speech in defense of gay rights gains new relevance after Obama about-face
Huey P. Newton, one of the most infamous leaders of the Black Panthers, has for decades represented a hyper-masculine perspective on the struggle for African-American equality and righteousness. So it may come as a surprise to some of his admirers that he also articulated a compelling case for the rights of the gay community. A 1970 speech he gave on this very subject has resurfaced and been re-posted in light of President Obama's about-face on the issue of same-sex marriage. Here are some highlights:
Remember, we have not established a revolutionary value system; we are only in the process of establishing it. I do not remember our ever constituting any value that said that a revolutionary must say offensive things towards homosexuals, or that a revolutionary should make sure that women do not speak out about their own particular kind of oppression. As a matter of fact, it is just the opposite: we say that we recognize the women's right to be free. We have not said much about the homosexual at all, but we must relate to the homosexual movement because it is a real thing. And I know through reading, and through my life experience and observations that homosexuals are not given freedom and liberty by anyone in the society. They might be the most oppressed people in the society.
And what made them homosexual? Perhaps it's a phenomenon that I don't understand entirely. Some people say that it is the decadence of capitalism. I don't know if that is the case; I rather doubt it. But whatever the case is, we know that homosexuality is a fact that exists, and we must understand it in its purest form: that is, a person should have the freedom to use his body in whatever way he wants.
That is not endorsing things in homosexuality that we wouldn't view as revolutionary. But there is nothing to say that a homosexual cannot also be a revolutionary. And maybe I'm now injecting some of my prejudice by saying that "even a homosexual can be a revolutionary." Quite the contrary, maybe a homosexual could be the most revolutionary.
Later on in his remarks, Newton asserts:
We should be willing to discuss the insecurities that many people have about homosexuality. When I say "insecurities," I mean the fear that they are some kind of threat to our manhood. I can understand this fear. Because of the long conditioning process which builds insecurity in the American male, homosexuality might produce certain hang-ups in us. I have hang-ups myself about male homosexuality. But on the other hand, I have no hang-up about female homosexuality. And that is a phenomenon in itself. I think it is probably because male homosexuality is a threat to men and female homosexuality is not.
We should be careful about using those terms that might turn our friends off. The terms "fa**ot" and "punk" should be deleted from our vocabulary, and especially we should not attach names normally designed for homosexuals to men who are enemies of the people, such as [Richard] Nixon or [Attorney General John] Mitchell. Homosexuals are not enemies of the people.
- After hearing the sad and shocking news about Donna Summer today, Im wondering why black women usually keep their health issues so secretive.
- If you're not familiar with NBJC, is a national organization that gives voice to OUR (Blacks who are gay) issues and fights on our behalf. Please look it over and donate if you can. There is also some information about the Bayard Rustin Centennial Celebration on the site. Pass it along.
- I'm sure that most of you are familiar with the YouTube channel NoMoreDownLowTV, but for those who aren't, it's a channel dedicated to SGL (Black gay) issues. Check it out.
- I wanted to post this video to give you guys a sense of what Black SGL and transgender activist are doing for US. You can find this video on the NoMoreDownLowTV channel.
Black LGBT Activists Lobby Congress & White House
- And NBJC has a YouTube channel as well. It's great, check it out and subscribe. I wish I could put all of the links in the same post.
- Real racist freak(s) posting in the "NAACP backs gay marriage" thread. Check it out if you've got the stomach.
- Sorry, meant to say DON'T check it out unless you've got the stomach.
- No surprise, R573. It seems that there are many good-natured white gays here and on other sites who don't seem to realize that there MANY white gays who do not want black support and reject black support, the same way that they reject and discriminate against black gays. Support from blacks is not a plus for them. Many supportive blacks don't seem to realize that either. But as black SGL men and women, we are well aware of it and the election will prove it to be true.
- This is a very interesting article about black gays during the Harlem Renaissance. Note the very tolerant attitudes toward homosexuality in the black community. And Madam C.J. Walker's daughter A'Lelia was a huge fag-hag.
- Is anyone watching Common Law? I'm really enjoying it so far.
Also, any SCANDAL fans? What a finale. So glad that the show was renewed or I would have been SO pissed.
Hope everyone is well. I'm in Chicago and the NATO protests are just down the street from me. Absolutely amazing.
- It's really interesting watching the narrative shift after Obama's announcement in support of gay marriage. Great that so many prominent blacks have stepped up as well. For 4 LONG years since prop 8 the narrative has been "blacks hate gays, etc." and now that narrative is starting to crack a bit. Add to that the fact that black LGBT people are more visible than ever before and I think things are changing. It's nice to see. I think in 50 years it will be such a different world in how race is played out in the gay community.
Anyways, I LOVED the Scandal finale. I'm such a fan. That Shonda Rimes is a great writer. And are you all aware of the fact that there are or will be 4 network dramas on broadcast tv with black female leads? Person of Interest, Scandal, and the upcoming Infamous and Cult. That is exciting and progressive.
And as far as Tami goes, I feel sorry for her. This is a woman of a certain age with a very limited skill set and she thought she was giving the viewers what they wanted. She's basically whoring herself out for $$. She admitted in s2s magazine that she does pretty much whatever the producers tell her to do
- OK, maybe I should watch Scandal. Everyone keeps saying how good it is.
- So have you guys heard about Raven being one of the children? She's dating some girl from Top Model. This is the girl.
I've gotten that vibe from her for years, but I prefer when people come out at their own time. Outing should be saved for closet cases preachers and politicians, if you ask me.
- Yikes! Rapper Young Buck Evicted from His Home!
- Usher Sheds Tears In Court Over Tameka’s Bad Dad Allegations!
- Ray J Hospitalized After Billboard Awards
- Can somebody start a new thread?
- I think Usher and Tameka's relationship is a big LIE!
- You guys are late to the party...
We have a DL Scandal thread up and poppin. Scandal is the truth! Post all your predictions for season 2. Come on and join us!
- When I thought about it I could see why so many people are saying that they aren't surprised that little Olivia is a lesbian. I agree that it was wrong to just out her like that, though.
- Does anyone else remember Tami when she was on REAL WORLD? Drama queen, times 100. I have to admit that this was when the show was good (second season, I think), but you could see the seeds of what was to come twenty years ago. From getting her jaw wired to lose weight to having an abortion while on the show. The classic Tami/Kevin argument. That God Awful rip-off En Vogue group she was in ("I'm a slave, I'm a slave, I'm a slave to your lovin'")
I also remember when she was on a reunion of the show, along with the first NY cast and the SF cast, that she got into it with Heather for calling her the "Ghetto chick" of the cast.
- I'm A Slave To Your Loving
- It wasn't not funny!
- Tameka Usher is one homely broad.
- Didn't Tami get someone thrown off Real World for sexual attack? That season was awesome.
- Yep r594.
- Have one of you nigresses started part 6 yet?
Please dedicate it to the beating of Tami Roman's ass.
- When someone sets up the new thread can you post the link in this thread so that we can easily find it?
- I'll start a new one, but would like a snappy opening line. Suggestions?
- I love this thread.
- New thread!