- That's his cell phone...
- pencil dick alert
- Thats Hot
- "The Soft Parade".
- He was a prick. Probably BPD.
- My favorite DOORS clip from YouTube. Performing TOUCH ME on the Smothers Brothers show:
- LOL R4!
- He's no Amy Winehouse or Heath Ledger.
WW to r4! Thanks for the laugh!
- He had a brief affair with a insane woman named Patricia Kennealy (she says she's a witch), who claims they were "married" in a pagan ceremony called "handfasting." She said she got pregnant by him and ended up aborting the baby. She says that he went to Paris with his longtime girlfriend Pamela Courson in order to make the "final break" with her so that she and her "most beloved" would finally be together for good. She calls herself Patricia Kennealy-Morrison now, and spends her time writing crummy science fiction novels, slandering Pam Courson, and promoting herself as Jim Morrison's "wife", the only woman he ever truly loved.
Kennealy is quite ugly. But she had red hair, and Jim had a thing for redheads, no matter how fugly they were.
- W&W for R4!
- His worm's worm food.
- Do you people know anything about his dad and what he was involved in?
- Did anyone notice Krieger's black eye in the Smothers clip?
- There's an interview with the drummer, John Densmore, and he said that Robby had been in a car crash. He also said that Jim forgot the words momentarily in the middle of the song, thus explaining his pause before singing the line "Touch Me, Baby..."
- Grace Slick wrote in her memoir that she and Jim had one encounter in a hotel room and that he was hung and good in the sack.
- I read Jimmy Densmore's book on Jim Morrison. Good read. Always thought Jimmy had a secret love crush on the erotic Morrison.
- [quote]Do you people know anything about his dad and what he was involved in?
You mean starting the Vietnam war or what?
- What's with the "you people" shit, R3?
- [quote]Do you people know anything about his dad and what he was involved in?
He commanded an aircraft carrier, was promoted admiral, and was stationed as an attache at several embassies.
So, maybe a USN-CIA type in his later life.
- I pictured Oliver Stone when his father was mentioned.
- He was rumored to be a "back-door man", that is, he liked to sodomize women.
I doubt he was as great a lover as some women he fucked (Grace Slick, Patricia Kennealy) claim he was. He was a hopeless alcoholic and alcoholics have limp dicks. But if you're going to blag about fucking Jim Morrison it stands to reason that you'd say he gave you a night of unbridled passion instead of saying his cock stayed soft no matter how long you sucked it to get his pump primed.
- Jim Morrison was only the lyricist of the Doors songs? Anybody knows? Did he know how to play any instruments?
He was such a dark person. He seemed so miserable and screwed up.
I read in the Wikipedia that Morrison's early life was a nomadic existence typical of military families. His parents had determined never to use physical corporal punishment such as spanking on their children. They instead instilled discipline and levied punishment by the military tradition known as dressing down. This consisted of yelling at and berating the children until they were reduced to tears and acknowledged their failings. Once Morrison graduated from UCLA, he broke off most contact with his family. By the time Morrison's music ascended to the top of the charts (in 1967) he had not been in communication with his family for more than a year and falsely claimed that his parents and siblings were dead (or claiming, as it has been widely misreported, that he was an only child)
- In most of his photos he was without a smile on his face. When i saw this one(link down below), i was like...omg this is Jim Morrison? He doesn't look like a jerk here. For a change!
- Do you also happen to know if Jim Morrison ever had sex on stage with one of his fans?
Did any rock star show his penis on stage or had sex there?
- [quote]Did any rock star show his penis on stage
Morrison allegedly did, in Miami. He was convicted of indecent exposure, but never got the chance to appeal the conviction. Ray Manzarek continues to say that he didn't.
- His family basically disowned him, didn't they? And have never visited his grave in Paris? What was that all about?
- "His family basically disowned him, didn't they? And have never visited his grave in Paris? What was that all about?"
Actually it was he who disowned them. He seemed like hated his parents. Who knows why? He told people his parents were dead. His mother tried to get in to see him after one of his shows but he refused to have anything to do with her. At any rate, they were estranged for years when he died. I suppose they don't visit his grave because it's in another country and their relationship with him ended long before he died.
- The most overrated rock star of the 60's. Interesting bit of trivia: very right-wing. Read "No One Here Gets Out Alive." Not the liberal love doll you would think.
- [quote]This consisted of yelling at and berating the children until they were reduced to tears and acknowledged their failings.
- I am so into Rupaul's Drag Race that I thought it read Jinkx Monsoon.
- There is a sick rumor that Jim Morrison started up with drugs, drink and acting out because of what his father did to him as punishment when he was a teenager. The sick rumor goes that Jim stayed out all night with a girl, came in half drunk, and his father beat him and then sodomized him.
- R26, I was told on good authority that Morrison masturbated on stage in FL. Janice Dickinson also talks about it in her autobiography. Why do you think he was arrested for public nudity and indecency, and then escaped to France?
- The Doors were no talent cunts, just like The Beatles, The Who and The Rollin' Stones. No self-respecting gay man listens to that straightie bullshit.
- "Jim Morrison was introduced into sex and sexuality early on in his life. Jim Morrison’s lawyer, Max Fink interviewed Jim in 1969, while getting ready for their trail for a lewd and obscene concert in Dade County. Max asked Jim to debrief his sexual history. He asked why he had chosen to show his penis on stage, and Jim replied, saying he thought it was a “good way to page homage to my parents.” (Davis, 9.) Max was blown away by his answer and asked what his parents had done to him. Jim brought up to bed wetting incident and let slip that he was molested when he was a young boy, by a man. When Max asked who, Jim refused to tell Max, only to say it was someone very close to the family. Sad thing is is that when Jim told his mother, “she had gotten angry, called his a liar, and insisted such a thing could never happen.” (Davis, 9.) Jim began to cry, saying he would never and could never forgive his mother for this."
- Break on through to the other side!
- People are strange...
- [quote] I was told on good authority that Morrison masturbated on stage in FL.
It all comes down to what you believe. Certainly Morrison was extremely wasted that night. But I could also see him trying to pull a trick on the crowd, make them believe that he did what they thought he did. The power of suggestion is quite strong, especially if you want to believe what you're being told is happening.
- R38, Do you think that Morrison faked masturbating on stage, like they did in the movie by using a coke bottle? Why then did the police arrest him for public nudity? Did he use a fake penis? Janice Dickenson claims she was there in FL in her autobiography.
- The Doors is a good band. They are not overrated.
They offered an alternative to the rock stage with their somehow poetic dark side. They were so Freudian! I understand though why a gay man may not appreciate that kind of approach. Although i know that there are plenty of gay men who like The Doors.
They have produced a number of really good songs Ok?
- From "Laid Bare: Memoir of Wrecked Lives and the Hollywood Death Trip" by John Gilmore
Jim (Morrison)got in touch with me because he wanted…number one he wanted to get some of the acid, too and I had a lot of it. But he wanted Jimmy Dean's bloody clothes that Dean had been wearing in the accident. I said, "there's no clothes, nobody has those clothes, they probably got thrown away." He [Jim Morrison} basically didn't believe that they had been thrown away, he thought I was hiding them or something. We did get together and spent some time together. I have never, I have never been with someone who would drink as much as he did. Like the whole bottle, it was incredible. Finally, our last conversation, Jim put a towel over his eyes, so as we were talking he wouldn't be looking into my eyes. It was really bizarre. Jim was very strange in that sense, and he was totally obsessed with James Dean and owning the clothes that he died in. He thought that I had them. And I told him, "I was in New York when Jimmy was killed anyway." I'd gone to New York in late July and Jimmy was killed in September. I didn't come back or anything. He didn't believe me though. I said, "He really oughta cut down on the drinking. He's like blowing fuses in his head."
In an interview John Gilmore said that Morrison was doing both the acid and the heavy drinking. Morrison was drinking at that time and got worse and worse.
- Hmm...so he did show his...thingy on stage. Ok!!!!!!
- Why most rock stars screw around although they have a girlfriend? It's vulgar, isn't it? Rock is pure and wild, it doesn't have to be porn though.
- The Doors were self-important, uncreative, and dull.
- The Doors were incredible musicians. Their music is still everywhere. You kids don't know shit about music. Stick to American Idol.
- R44 hmmm, well i don't agree on that. However, i must admit that some of their songs were bad indeed and just drivel. Here is a list i made for you with my favourite Doors songs. If you want, give them a chance! Listen to these songs without prejudice(if you haven't already, of course)
End of The Night
People Are Strange
I Can't See Your Face in My Mind
You're Lost Little Girl
Been Down So Long
You Make Me Real
The Crystal Ship
Love Her Madly
('Light My Fire' and 'Break on Through' are also good songs and not just trippin'...)
- I received the '68 Hollywood Bowl concert DVD for Christmas-cant take my eyes off of him when I watch-physically beautiful and charisma out the ass, even tho he was doing acid that night. I think he would've been a great fuck-at least before the alcohol and heroin made him fat and lazy.
- I can't believe people actually fall for those big bulges in the front of rockstars trousers. I used to photograph major bands for rock magazines and promotional materials, and trust me, most were fake.
Many of them have pouches sewn into the inside front of their pants and they stuff various material into the pouch to appear to be monstrously endowed. One singer, for a huge band of the '80s, used to tape a golf divot tool to the end of his cock. In the tight trousers it looked like his cock hung 7 inches, or so. The real deal, it hung about 3 inches soft (and very thin).
Another lead singer of one of the biggest pop metal bands back then used to tape a link sausage down his leg. He looked enormous. I saw his actual cock... very average. Kind of puny, actually.
Former Rock Photographer
- He was a fuckup, didn't give a shit about any of his fans, would keep them waiting hours, which was torture for the opening act. They had to keep coming up with more tunes than they had planned. Linda Ronstadt said he was drunk and stoned all the time, but never hit on her because she wasn't his type. But she said he was an asshole.
- This thread is useless without a pic of a golf divot tool.
- r49, Densmore says he drove the rest of band themselves crazy by doing that.
This is the Classic Albums episode on The Doors. It's a fairly balanced account from what I've read elsewhere. It has Spanish subtitles, but it's the only full ep link I could find.
Densmore has aged incredibly well. I always thought he was hot as shit.
No One Here Gets Out Alive was written by a careerist dick who made his name on hanging around them as a gofer.
I'm not saying Morrison wasn't a dick, but that account is suspect at best.
- "The Doors were no talent cunts, just like The Beatles, The Who and The Rollin' Stones. No self-respecting gay man listens to that straightie bullshit'
I don't suppose you realize how retarded you sound. And what should a "self-respecting gay man" listen to, anyway? Madonna and Lady Gaga?
You're either a troll or a complete idiot.
- R51, with all due respect, 'No One Here Gets Out Alive' was written by two people(Jerry Hopkins and Danny Sugerman)and it took them seven years to write this book.
- Guys, do you know if Pamela Courson was always faithful to Morrison?
- Agree with r45....the Doors were great.
R46, what about L.A. Woman?
- R55, L.A. Woman is also one of their good songs, you are right. Nice rock bluesy music and the lyrics are ok.
- "Guys, do you know if Pamela Courson was always faithful to Morrison"
No, she wasn't. And he wasn't faithful to her. It was that kind of relationship. But despite their infidelities they were unable to leave each other. Jim and Pam were soulmates; both supremely fucked up, destructive people. They were perfect for each other. Even Pam's HAIR was perfect. Jim had a fetish for redheads and she had that gorgeous red hair that was absolutely real.
- Speaking of giant dicks, did you see The Onion's Facebook post today? It said "10 giant cocks." If you know the Onion, then you think the headline is a joke and you're clicking on a link to some pictures of roosters or something, right?
Wrong. Check it out. NSFW
- R32 I've heard that story also, also heard a slightly different version. Jim Morrison was somewhere around 11-12 years old, and had snuck out of the house one night to hang out with friends and drink and get high on the military base they were stationed at. When he drunkenly tried to sneak back in his father was crazy angry, because Jim's behavior might have reflected badly on him to his military superior officers, and he was waiting for him. His father beat him very badly and then when he couldn't hit him anymore he raped him. His mother was there in the room at least when the beating happened and didn't do a single thing to stop it.
The stories about his father beating him from a very young age because of things that Jim did that might have made his father look bad, or that he perceived that would make him look bad to his military higher ups, are just way too numerous to just be put down as just rumors (in my opinion).
R54 Pamela Courson was NEVER faithful to Morrison. She had plenty of fuck buddies, but she had a very long term affair with the French Count Jean de Breteuil. He was one of the biggest heroin dealers in Europe. He was also rumored to be one of the main reasons that she pushed for them (her and Jim) to pick Paris when they decided to leave America.
There have so many rumors about Count Jean de Breteuil's involvement in Morrison's sketchy death and the days that followed. I can post some of the more believable rumors I've heard over the years about his and Pamela Coursons affair and their possible involvement in Jim Morrison's death if there is interest.
- I don't believe the story about a sexual assault. It is possible he was severly disciplined; it's a recurring story in a portion of military families. More likely he was a spoiled, entitled Capt/Admiral's kid, and these types do not do well.
- Hmm, R59, i checked Count Jean de Breteuil. He was handsome, wasn't he?
What a pity, lot of handsome men are gigantic jerks.
Thanks for your information guys.
Below there is a photo of Count Jean de Breteuil
- Although I do like the Doors' music, Jim Morrison was not a good singer - he basically spoke the lyrics over the music. He was talented - as a poet/lyricist, but not as a singer.
- Jim was busted for some silly shit back in '63 when he was 20. Some kind of prank at a football game. Mugshot.
- Here's Jim and his Daddy (who allegedly beat and then sodomized a young Jim) on board a ship.
- R62, i agree with you. Jim Morrison was more of an artist and less than a singer. I also like The Doors, but i have to admit that they never wrote a song that is full of tenderness and love.
It's all about wilderness and wild poetry most of the time. That's not pure love though. Even in songs like 'Love Me Two Times' and 'Touch Me', there is not the sensitivity that you can sense in other bands or singers.
However, i find the Doors an interesting band, its music is very atmospheric and Jim Morrison is an interesting cult figure. I don't like his character at all, but yet i still find him an interesting lost man...
By the way, i enjoy all of your posts here. I like collecting and comparing facts and information. There is some truth behind all this fuss.
- I like this photo of him
- I like this too
- He wasn't gay or bi?
- R68, Actually Morrison was a mysterious man. He was dating only women though. I don't know if he had any homosexual experiences, but certainly he couldn't love a woman right.
- My Ipod played The Doors' 'People are Strange' right after playing Lea Delaria's version. I love that song.
- I learned that Morrison had no musical training and he couldn't read a note. So how come and he alone is credited for some of The Doors songs?
- Answer me!
- WHAT ARE THEY DOING AT THE HYACINTH HOUSE?!?!?!?!?!?
- So it is written that during the Doors concert in Miami, in 1969, Jim Morrison, " lasciviously exposed his penis', 'he put his hands upon his penis and shook it and he did simulate the acts of masturbation on himself and oral copulation upon another'
- A family photo
Jim Morrison was born to George and Clara Morrison on December 8, 1943 in Melbourne, Florida. His his sister Anne Robin Morrison was born in 1947 in Alburquerque, New Mexico and his brother Andrew Lee Morrison was born in 1948 in Los Altos, California.
- With his younger than him siblings
- Jim’s sister Anne Robin Morrison became a school teacher and resided in California.
- I think his sister is still alive.
Here is a more recent photo of Anne Robin Morrison
- Rock Star Anagrams: Mr. Mojo Risin’, Bucko Train, Marble Boy, Lives, Oral Sex
(By the way, the few people who haven't listed to 'L.A. Woman' by the Doors, they should if they want to hear Morrison repeat near the end of the song 'Mr Mojo Risin, 'Mr Mojo Risin, got to keep on risin...'
- Hey you kinky mutts! Rent 'When You're Strange'(2009) It's a nice documentary about Morrison and The Doors
- I highly doubt that Jim Morrison was sexually abused as it is written by some. I'll explain.
Morrison was notorious for saying dirty stories to others, he just loved to shock others, so it's possible that he told someone that he was abused just for provoking a reaction.
I remember reading that he was drawing cocks and fellatio scenes in a paper, he was also taking pleasure in making out funny dirty stories. He had a twisted sense of humor.
- Morrison as you already know died when he was 27 years old. His girlfriend Pamela Courson inherited his entire fortune. Courson did not remain in contact with the remaining Doors members after she received her share of Morrison's royalties.
After Morrison's death, Courson became a recluse in Los Angeles, using heroin and showing signs of mental instability. On April 25, 1974, Pamela Courson aged 27, died of a heroin overdose on the living room couch at the Los Angeles apartment she shared with two male friends. A neighbor said she had talked about looking forward to seeing Morrison again soon.
Her parents intended that she be buried next to Morrison at Père Lachaise Cemetery in Paris, and they listed this location as the place of burial on her death certificate, but due to legal complications with transporting the body to France, her remains were buried at Fairhaven Memorial Park in Santa Ana, California, under the name Pamela Susan Morrison. Several months after her death, her parents, Columbus and Peny Courson, inherited Morrison's fortune. Morrison's parents later contested their executorship of the estate.
- For 'Break On Through', Morrison took some verses from John Rechy's book 'City of Night'
- So you'd like to...
know what influenced Jim Morrison?
- a guy i used to know in the record biz told me jim was very much into a "greek love". boys in their early teens.
- R86, Jim Morrison was very perverted and ambivalent. He could be into anything, i'm afraid, lol.
I don't mean that homosexuality is a perversion, what i mean is that Morrison in whatever sexual orientation was, he acted like a creep.
- The song Back Door Man, which was written by Willie Dixon and performed by Howlin’ Wolf, was covered by The Doors on their debut album. The meaning of the term “back door man” is a man who has sex with another man’s wife and leaves through the back door before the woman’s husband returns (as mentioned earlier).
Jim Morrison had a passionate affinity for having anal sex with women, as he was an ‘ass man’, so he took the song and added a double entendre to it by the welps, yells and screams he emitted while performing the song with raw, powerful, dark and raunchy sexual energy under the auspices of anal sex.
- Ray Manzarek Fires Back At Bisexual Morrison Claims
The Doors keyboard player Ray Manzarek has lashed out at claims his late bandmate Jim Morrison was bisexual - insisting he never saw him getting intimate with a man.
The rocker admits he's offended by claims made by rock writer STEPHEN DAVIS in his new tome JIM MORRISON: life, DEATH LEGEND, which suggest Morrison had sexual relationships with both men and women.
Manzarek says, "I saw him with lots of girls but no men. If Jim was bisexual, he did a brilliant job of hiding it.
"I never had sex with Jim and to the best of my knowledge neither did anyone else in the band."
- Hey my sugar friends vote which of The Doors songs you like more. It's a pleasant way of voting. Take a look at it.
- R90, nice link. Interesting, ty baby. I love 'L.A. Woman', what a song!
- Jimbo with Ray Manzarek
- One more with Jimbo and Ray Manzarek.
- Even though he made a fortune in the music business, Morrison preferred to live in a cheap motel on La Cienega in Los Angeles
- During the period 'Light My Fire' was in the top ten, across the country, in the California desert near Palm Springs, Frank Sinatra was furious. Years later, Sinatra's valet reported that Frank would get seriously annoyed every time 'Light My Fire', came on the radio that summer, because he thought that Jim Morrison's silken crooning was a blatant rip-off of his style. 'We ought to let that guy have an accident', Frank is supposed to have said.
(From the book Jim Morrison: Life, Death, Legend by Stephen Davis)
By the way Frank Sinatra was Morrison's favourite singer. His favourite singer at the beginning was Elvis, but later it became Sinatra)
'Anytime Elvis came on the radio, Jimmy(Morrison)made everyone in the room or the car hush so he could listen to Elvis' crooning. One night, at the end of Jimmy's first trimester at FSU, he was playing an Elvis record too loud. Asked to turn the hi-fi down, Jimmy refused. He started playing 'Return to Sender' over and over again. So right there, they had a house meeting, voted Jimmy out, and asked him to leave.'
Years later, when Morrison was the leader of the Doors, he went in an Elvis Presley Concert in Miami. The concert was an almost papal rite at the huge Convention Center, strobe-lit by Instamatic flashes, during which Elvis strutted and posed in a succession of iconic tableaux. Jim was impressed by Elvis' great band, which included guitarist James Burton, drummer Ronnie Tutt, and bassist Jerry Scheff.
- 'Jim was also the subject of continuous rumor and gossip in Los Angeles. He disappeared for days at a time when the band wasn't working and was said to be variously holed up with some gay friends at a ranch in Topanga Canyon, or hiding from Pamela Courson with a secret fifteen-year-old girlfriend with whom he shared a motel love nest. Jim Morrison knew how to hide and compartmentalize his friends, and didn't really care who sucked his dick as long as someone was sucking it. Jim Morrison kept everyone guessing'
(From the book Jim Morrison: Life, Death, Legend by Stephen Davis)
- “People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that’s bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they’re afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they’re wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It’s all in how you carry it. That’s what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you’re letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.”
- R84, hey sugar, you are right.
Morrison always had his nose in a book and John Rechy's harrowing gay hustler saga 'City of Night' was among his readings.
By the way(you probably know that, but i'll write it anyway)Allen Ginsberg and Arthur Rimbaud were his favourite poets and their poetry, as well as their way of life, made tremendous impact on him. Moreover, he knew very well that they were gay. I don't imply that Jim Morrison was gay, but i believe that sexual freedom and intensity was something that he was constantly craving for.
- He also became enamored with Alexander the Great, admiring his intellectual and physical accomplishments. Jim adopted some of the look of Alexander: “ . . . the inclination of his head a little on one side towards his left shoulder . .
I also posted in a Marlene Dietrich thread this:
Ray Manzarek, the keybord player of The Doors said that 'Jimmy(Jim Morrison)studied the unsmiling, smoldering body language of Marlene Dietrich, Von Sternberg's greatest star, and would adapt it when posing in his leathers in the early days of the Doors.'
Actually, both Morrison and Manzarek studied in the Department of Cinematography at UCLA and that's how they met. Between 1959 and 1963 von Sternberg taught a course on film aesthetics at UCLA, based on his own films. His students included Jim Morrison and Ray Manzarek.
Jim Morrison would later say that von Stenberg's last film,'Anatahan', had the most profound effect on him. References to Sternberg films appear in some songs by the group, and Manzarek describes Sternberg as "perhaps the greatest single influence on The Doors."
The Devil is a Woman, one of the greatest films of Josef von Sternberg, would become later the theme of their song 'Woman is A Devil'.
- Omg, i posted so much and i didn't get even the slightest response. It's amazing! You are fools, ok, keep on reading about Justin Bieber and the other fucks of his class. You are doomed to receive garbage and to be satisfied with it.
- R100 i enjoyed what you wrote! You are wrong if you think that nobody noticed your posts. I'm sure that many people enjoyed as well what you sent, they just didn't know maybe how to reply or what to add.
- R100, don't fret. Some of this world's greatest contributions often go unnoticed. I keep telling myself that they only award one Emmy a year for Actresses in a Comedy.
- R101 and R102, thank you both for your cuteness.
Kisses, what else...?
- After Jim had graduated from high school in the spring of 1961, he was sent south, to his grandparents in Clearwater, Florida. It was there he met Mary Werbelow. Mary was 17 when she spotted Jim on the beach and commented on his great legs. This is the summer of 1962 and Jim had finished his first college year at St. Petersburg Junior College. In the fall of ’62, Jim transferred to Florida State University and used to hitchhike back to Clearwater on the weekends to see Mary. When Jim went out to UCLA in 1964, Mary followed. After catching him with another woman, they broke up on the summer of 1965, around the same time that Jim and Ray began forming The Doors. Of note, in 1969, Jim told Mary the first three Doors albums were written about her.
- Jim Morrison had an IQ of 149 and enjoyed reading Mad Magazine while growing up. His drawings and sense of humor drew much inspiration from the comic book. As Jim got older, he became a voracious reader. From Nietzsche and Rimbaud, to Kerouac and Ginsberg, Jim was reading and being inspired by a multitude of sources. Still moving from town to town, the late 1950′s found the Morrison’s in Virgina. Books weren’t the only things influencing Jim during this time. One Tandy Martin became Jim’s girlfriend during his time at George Washington High School. Just like Jim did with his friends, he was constantly testing Tandy and putting her through it all. There seems to be a correlation between the “testing” Jim did on his friends and family, and the number of books he acquired. One of Jim’s favorite ways to show off his mind, was to tell a friend to pick any book off of his shelf, open it to any page and read. Jim would be able to state the book and the author, no small feat considering he had over 1000 books by the time he graduated high school.
- Morrison's English teacher comments, "I felt that Jim was the only one in the class who read Ulysses, and understood it."
Jim's senior-year English teacher still talks about his reading habits: "Jim read as much and probably more than any student in class, but everything he read was so offbeat I had another teacher, who was going to the Library of Congress, check to see if the books Jim was reporting on actually existed. I suspected he was making them up, as they were English books on sixteenth- and seventeenth-century demonology. I'd never heard of them, but they existed, and I'm convinced from the paper he wrote that he read them, and the Library of Congress would've been the only source."
- In a Playboy Magazine interview with John Lennon and Yoko Ono, Lennon discusses Neil Young's lyrics:'It's better to burn out than to fade away...'
John Lennon:"I hate it. It's better to fade away like an old soldier than to burn out. I don't appreciate worship of dead Sid Vicious or of dead James Dean, or of dead John Wayne. Sid Vicious, a hero, Jim Morrison-it's garbage to me. I worship the people who survive. Gloria Swanson, Greta Garbo. Sid Vicious died for what? So that we might rock? I mean its garbage, you know. If Neil Young admires that sentiment so much, why doesn't he do it? Because he sure as hell faded away and came back many times, like all of us. No thank you. I'll take the living and the healthy."
- Interview with Jim Morrison's father and sister
- Authorial Madness - Patricia Kennealy Morrison
The Insanity of Dame Patricia Anne Elizabeth Genevieve Honora Kennealy Morrison
- R2 is correct.
- R109, all the other Doors and their entourage disliked Patricia. They thought that she was an annoying bitch.
- Jim Morrison's money is now in the hands of his dead girlfriend's father
- Jim Morrison (singer of the Doors) had a father who was an Admiral in the U.S. Navy. Jim broke off contact with his father around 1965 or 1966 before Jim's untimely death in 1971.
In 1969, Jim was accused on indecent exposure at a Miami, Fl concert. The felony charge was quite serious and the Flordia Corrections department wrote a letter to Admiral George Morrison to inquire about Jim's character.
The full letter is listed below.....the letter reveals that his father was a pretty decent fellow. Despite the clear differences between them...his father was trying to understand his rebel rock singer son.
Admiral Morrison's letter to the Fla. Dept of Corrections: (dated October 2, 1970)
Thank you for your letter of September 30. I appreciate this
opportunity to comment on my son Jim.
I saw him last about 5 years ago during his senior year at UCLA. He
was successfully completing his fourth year of college. As in all his
academic work through grade school, high school, and college, he was
an excellent student. While he had always been an intellectual rebel,
he had always obeyed and respected authority.
In 1965 I began a two-year assignment in England. Although I invited
him to join us in London after graduating, he declined to start his
own career. Since that time he has been completely independent of me
financially and in every other way. We have very little contact with
him since that time due partly to the physical separation and partly
because of some criticism from me.
While in London, I was called by an old friend in California who had
been approached by Jim for a loan to finance his first record.
Concerned by his appearance, particularly his long hair, the friend
called me. I, in turn, wrote Jim a letter severely criticizing his
behavior and strongly advised him to give up any idea of singing or
any connection with a music group because of what I considered to be a
complete lack of talent in this direction. His reluctance to
communicate with me again is to me quite understandable.
Since returning to the United States I have on several occasions made
an effort to contact him. One time I was successful in talking with
him by telephone. Our conversation was quite pleasant and I
congratulated him on his first gold album, but nothing of consequence
was discussed. We have had no direct contact since that time.
However, while we all lived in California in 1969, Jim's younger
brother and sister visited with him frequently and got along famously
as they always did during their childhood days at home.
Also an old friend of ours had dinner with Jim in LA several months
ago and reported to us that he was the 'same ol' Jim'. I have
followed his career with a mixture of amazement and in the case of
Miami, great concern and sorrow.
While I obviously am not a judge of modern music, I view his success
with pride. Based on my knowledge of Jim through his twenty first
year, I firmly believe that his performance in Miami was a grave
mistake and not in character.
I will always follow his progress with the greatest of interest and
concern and stand ready to assist him in any way, should he ask.
Thank you again for this opportunity to affirm my conviction that Jim
is fundamentally a respectable citizen.
Very truly yours,
G.S.Morrison, Rear Admiral USN
- Rumors, Myths and Urban Legends
Surrounding the 'Death' of Jim Morrison
... ... ...
Morrison's body was quickly whisked away to be buried at Pere
Lachaise. Pere Lachaise is a national French monument and
notables like Balzac, Edith Piaf, Moliere, Oscar Wilde and other
French countrymen are buried there. Regarding Pere Lachaise: Jim
had handpicked the gravesite on several occasions for his
impending 'burial'. He had visited the site as late as three
days before his 'death'. This is reported in Break On Through
and other Morrison biographies.
The media at once showed suspicion regarding Morrison's grave
due to the fact that foreigners are rarely buried in a national
French monument. Reports like those in the Baltimore Morning Sun
questioned how he might have cajoled his way into the cemetary to
Upon viewing the Pere Lachaise grave site, Doors drummer John
Densmore stated: "... the grave is too short!" Doors manager
Bill Siddons, when asked about Pere Lachaise, stated: "... how it
happened is still not clear to me". He was quoted in Bam!, a
rock magazine back in 1981 regarding the controversy. At any
rate, Morrison's grave at Pere Lachaise remained unmarked for
several months, adding and maintaining a further cloak around the
corpse and the evidence.
Only two people saw Jim Morrison's dead body -- his wife
Pamela and Dr. Vasille. Dr. Vasille has repeatedly denied
interviews and will not answer questions, and Pamela is dead.
- Yes R11, they were! I wonder why they were so negative against her...
Now as it comes to Morrison's father, he was accustomed to thousands of men obeying his command promptly and without question, had no patience with his first son’s insubordination and backtalk. He spared no effort trying to get young boy Jim on the straight and narrow.
In disciplining his eldest son, he used a military “dressing down” approach: he would humiliate the boy to submission and apology. When this became less effective with his precocious, increasingly rebellious son, Admiral Morrison got old-fashioned. According to biographer, Stephen Davis, he beat him with a baseball bat. Jim also confided to his lawyer that his father had sexually assaulted him, and that he never forgave his mother for allowing it. Clara dismissed the charge as one of her son’s malicious lies. “In spite of his medals,” said Jim of his father, “he’s a weakling who let her [his wife] castrate him.”
R60, i agree with you. You wrote that Morrison more likely was a spoiled, entitled Capt/Admiral's kid, and these types do not do well. As much as i like The Doors' music, i can't but observe Jim's weaknesses...he was such an unstable man. I think he lied numerous times just to shock people.
However, i find Jim Morrison a very interesting case to examine and he helped the Doors to reach top. Jim without Ray Manzarek would get nowhere in music, but Manzarek as well without Morrison's expressive ways would never reach his peak. They find each other and they combined their powers. Let's also not forget, John Densmore's amazing playing of the drums and of course, let's not forget Robby Krieger's contribution to the writing of many of the band's songs. He wrote for example 'Light My Fire' and many other songs.
People must understand that the Doors is not Jim Morrison only. All four members of the Doors were very active in this band. Each of them brought their personal colors that defined Door's style as we know it today. It was a collective work, undoubtedly.
- *R111 and not R11
- Ray Manzarek passed away.
- When a reporter asked Morrison about comparisons with Mick Jagger, Jim answered:'I've always thought comparisons were useless and ugly. It's a shortcut to thinking.'
However, (that was at the start of the Doors' career),once, driving around town, Jim asked John Densmore if he thought the Doors could be as big as the Rolling Stones. John thought Jim was kidding, but when he looked over at Jim, he realized it wasn't a joke.
R117, to learn that Ray Manzarek passed away was really sad news. He will always be remembered though, thanks to his music.
- Jim Morrison:'I loved Pink Floyd and what they did'
- Jim Morrison and Mick Jagger met in July 1968 when the Doors were playing the Hollywood Bowl concert. Mick Jagger was sent to see how large arena concerts were done. The Doors were the biggest band in the U.S. at the time. Mick Jagger showed up the morning of the concert at Jim Morrison's hotel room. Jim Morrison had a hangover and they chatted a bit. Later on the Doors and Mick Jagger had dinner before the concert. Jim Morrison took acid before the concert and gave a lack luster performance. Mick wasn't impressed with the show and learned how NOT do a large arena show. The other Doors were angry with Jim because he didn't put on a good show.
Robby Krieger said that Jim was indeed a little off because Jim's girlfriend, Pamela Courson was sitting on Mick Jagger's lap who was sitting in the front row.
However, this concert the Doors gave at the Hollywood Bowl is known as the best documented concert the Doors ever gave.
- Paul Newman met with Jim Morrison about writing a song for a movie Paul was directing called 'Rachel, Rachel'. However, that didn't work out.
In addition, Jim Morrison was up for a part in a movie that Steve McQueen wanted to produce. The film with the name "Adam at 6 A.M." was being produced in conjunction with McQueen's production company, Solar Productions. Through McQueen's friend Elmer Valentine, then the owner of the Whisky a GoGo on the Sunset Strip where the Doors had been the house band in 1966-67, a meeting was arranged between McQueen and Morrison to discuss Morrison's getting a role in the film.
However, after their meeting, McQueen was pretty sure he didn't want Morrison to get involved with this project, so Morrison didn't get the part. Actually, from the moment Jim opened his mouth, he said that he would like some changes to be made to the scenario of the film. McQueen didn't appreciate that, and in addition he found that Jim's appearance was not as attractive as it used to be. He was pretty fat and with a beard at that time.
- Guys, has anybody of you read John Densmore's Riders on the Storm: My Life with Jim Morrison and the Doors?
Is it a good book? Is it more than interesting?
- The bill for Morrison's circumcision is on display at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It cost $10.00
- What do you feel about The Doors?
- HEY BITCHES, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?
- ANSWER MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
- Sometimes i feel disgust about the next minutes
- Grace Slick about sleeping with Jim Morrison:
This was new. Like making love to a floating art form with eyes. I’d never had anyone “study” me like that. It wasn’t the standard evaluation of body parts. He seemed to appraising the distance between us if it was an invisible garment that needed to be continually breached with each motion. With our hips joined together and his body moving up and down, if felt like he was taking a moment each time to circle the area between our bodies with his eyes and consider the space that separated us. He was a well built boy, his cock was slightly larger than average, and was young enough to maintain the engorged silent connection right through the residue of chemicals that can threaten erection.
At the same time, he was surprisingly gentle. Somehow, I’d expected a sort of frantic horizontal ritual. It’s interesting; the most maniacal guys on stage can be such sublime lovers. But everybody has to stop being a jerk sometimes. Jim mystified me with that otherworldly expression, and at the same time, his hips never lost the insistent rolling motion that was driving the dance.
When he did look directly in my face, he seemed to be constantly searching for the expression that might break the lock, as if I might be wearing a disguise. I’m not sire what I mean by that, but I can say that it was both intriguing and disconcerting, waiting for him to ask me if I was someone else – an impostor or a product of his imagination.
I have no idea how long I was there, but there was no lying around afterward having a cigarette, dreamily looking at each other. I knew I should leave before I got caught – we both had other relationships – and I felt like an intruder. I dressed as fast as I could, without looking like it was a race. Jim didn’t seem to notice; he appeared to be totally unconscious, just lying there motionless on the bed. But naked, with eyes closed and without moving a muscle from his completely immobile posture, he said, Why wouldn’t you come back?” Since I hadn’t said anything about coming or going, I didn’t know what he expected to hear, so I went into proper Finch College mode and said, “Only if I’m asked.” He smiled, but never asked.