- that queen who used to do Searching for the City with Vestal Goodman for sure.
- Cynthia Clawson isn't gay but she's very gay positive, apparently. She's taken a lot of heat from the more conservative fundamentalist elements of the gospel world but she's sticking to her guns. Beautiful voice, too. Interesting that Bill Gaither chooses to include and feature her all the time.
Vestal Goodman also loved the gays, apparently. She's seemed like a big-hearted loving sort of woman who truly loved everyone.
- Not quite gospel, but what about Mchael Tate? He pinged big time when he was in DC Talk. So did TobyMac for that matter. Wish both would be gay.
- That guy who hosts the gospel show on BET sure seems gay.
- Kirk Talley. He admitted to sending out nude pics a few years ago because he was about to be blackmailed. Pretty much ruined his career in gospel music. But now he has be 'restored' supposedly.
- Don't look at me!
- STFU R2. You didn't know Vestal Goodman. Why do you say shit like that. Hap was a big ole 'mo. She was nothing but a beard with a bee hive.
- He's not really necessarily Gospel but everyone knew that Luther Vandross was gay albeit closeted.
- Reba Rambo-McGuire, a Dove Award winner and daughter of the late Dottie Rambo, co-pastors a gay-friendly church in Nashville with her husband, Dony. Like Cynthia Clawson, they've have taken a lot of heat among fundies.
- [quote]they've have
Preemptive "oh, dear" ...
- David Phelps always seemed gay to me, especially with that "big black lady" voice of his. but he and his wife have, like, eight kids or something. Not that that proves anything.
- Do Jason and DeMarco count?
- Brothers and Sisters in Christ, I give you .... CARMAN!
- What about Dino, the Liberace of Christian music?
- Pure gold R14
- Openly gay gospel singer/writer Shawn Thomas.
- There are three gay Winans that I know of.
LaShun Pace quietly has a lady lover on occasion and is a closeted BI. I wish she would leave the flock, come out, and be a crossover artist because she has a great voice. I am linking to one of her songs.
- No more sheets!
- Carmen is a C-U-N-T!!!
While in college I worked at Magic Mountain and he would always perform concerts there during the summer. Actually the only concerts we could have there were shitty gospel shows since the TLC riot a few seasons earlier.
Anyways, this asshole demanded everything under the sun. Air conditioned limo to drive him around the back of the park (everyone else used vans), no one was to dare speak to him, no other music could be heard within a certain distance of his presence, etc...
Here's the kicker though...the only food he demanded was... fresh baked cookies from our lot cafeteria!
Actually now that I think about it, we could only book two acts in the park...gospel shit and WEIRD AL YANKOVIC. Somehow he was deemed "safe."
Al was the polar opposite of Carmen. No frills, no outrageous demands (except one case of bottled water, no brand preference) and just an all around nice guy. I got to escort him around the park and when we rode in the van we would make up crazy lyrics to songs that came on. DO YOU KNOW HOW FUCKING COOL THAT WAS???
- Who isn't?
- The Clark Sisters have a big gay following. Have they ever said anything about teh gay?
- R22 The Clark Sisters are COGIC and Michelle Bachmann is more LGBT tolerant than the Church of God in Christ. But, Karen Clark Sheard has actually performed at Gay Clubs and has publicly spoken of having gay pals, and somebody affiliated with COGIC eventually had to.
Baby steps. COGIC. Baby steps.
I always have thought that Elbernita "Twinkie" Clark was the gospel equivalent of Stevie Wonder. There is nothing she cannot do musically, really. Quite the talent.
- [quote]STFU [R2]. You didn't know Vestal Goodman. Why do you say shit like that. Hap was a big ole 'mo. She was nothing but a beard with a bee hive.
Her husband's name was Howard. On what planet has anyone ever called him "Hap" Goodman?? Or, in a fit of trying to be relevant, are you googling and confusing the name of their family group (The Happy Goodmans) with someone's actual name?
- I agree, Twinkie is a genius, and so was her mother.
I remember the Unsung episode about the Clarks where the COGIC leaders, after the triumphant Grammy appearance, forbade Mattie Moss-Clark from performing outside the church with her daughters again.
I'm sure they were jealous that it was women who put the COGIC on the map with their musical genius.
- My all-time favorite reformed christian singer - RAY BOLTZ!! He was a huge christian singer, came out in his 50s, and has the most wonderful album out with songs he wrote after coming out.
If you've ever watched Mark Lowry's web videos, he toured with one guy that was over the top (ala Paul Lynde). Can't remember his name, but he made me cringe (because he was a buffoon).
Stan Whitmire (brilliant gospel pianist) is probably gay (toured with Lowry).
Roy Webb (piano player for Ernie Haase) was rumored to have been fired because he was gay.
I went to a Gaither concert and was cruised by Ryan Seaton who was also fired by Ernie a year or so later.
Kirk Talley (they did a GQ article on him).
THese guys have great talent - but I have to say it's time they stop supporting the industry that doesn't support them. Gaither and Lowry were "crucified" for taking a picture with the lesbian who wrote one of the most popular christian songs of the 70s. They capitulated and issued statements acknowledging homosexuality as a sin.
I used to find comfort in southern gospel - until one day I realized how depressing it is. It's all "I am not worthy" and "I am nothing" and "my life is filled with shame". Seriously sad shit. Their concerts are nothing but sales events. The singers all run up to their tables before and after the concert to sell their CDs, their T-shirts, and their autographs. They make money off of people's fear and superstition.
I read Dawkins' book, THe God Delusion, and have been an extremely happy atheist ever since.
- They're singing gospel....duh, none of them are gay.
- [quote]He's not really necessarily Gospel but everyone knew that Luther Vandross was gay albeit closeted.
Then, we might as well do a general "who's gay?" thread. Just keep on topic, it's not that hard.
- The Clark Sisters are pretty much gay legends at this point, and deservedly so! I love Karen Clark.
Even though I have tried to hate Donnie McClurkin, I can't. His childhood was so fucked up, and he would have no life if it wasn't for the church. I would like to think the artists that work with him are supportive of the gay community.
I also heard Byron Cage was gay, and that he gave it to any downlow man that wanted it at Eddie Long's church in ATL. He left New Birth many years before it was in the headlines.
- Guy Penrod has, like, ten kids, and he's never pinged to me, but with the long hair and killer looks, it'd be cool if he was "family"
- Ryan Seaton = MARY!
- Ryan Seaton is sex on a stick. He's married with kids but I don't care. I'd raise those children as my own if he wanted to move in with me.
- Dennis Jernigan self-identifies as ex-gay and is married with nine kids. I wonder who he's trying to convince.
- Clara Ward had female lovers. Rev. James Cleveland died from AIDS-related complications, but they covered it up. I was in boot camp with a guy who said that Rev. Cleveland hit on him.
- Guy Penrod doesn't look that great in person. No muscle tone and a pear shaped body.
For a while, the Gaither Vocal Band and Ernie Haase Signature Sound had the sexiest guys in southern gospel. Marshall Hall, Wes Hampton (yummy and pings like crazy), Doug Anderson, Ryan Seaton...very enjoyable to watch. Ernie Haase kinda' gives off the gay vibe, too - and from the concerts I've seen him in - he has a rather large "church member."
David Phelps is not very good looking - but man that voice is seriously one of the most amazing ever.
- I read Shirley Caeser was a closet lesbian.
- [quote]When I went to Shirley's church last year and felt no anointing. Of course, I had read before hand about her on LSA , so I just needed confirmation of what I already knew. I dislike pimps like her.
LOL! Pastor Shirley likes the snatch?!
Ive heard those Cece Winans rumors for years.
- You know I did hear that about Shirley Caeser. Are there any male gospel singers who aren't gay? The gays gave birth to gospel music. I went to church for the first time in forever this past Easter and I could count the number of straight men on one hand ( and I wasn't even all that sure about them).
- R24, Howard Goodman's nickname was indeed "Happy," and it's a safe bet he was called "Hap" a few times.
So don't be so snippy. BTW, I happen to agree with you, otherwise, and I have loved Vestal ever since I saw her live at the Dewey, Oklahoma, football stadium when I was a baby gay in the 8th grade about 1967.
- R1 --
You mean this guy, Johnny Cook, singing with Vestel Goodman on "Lookin' For a City"?
I think he's tremendous!
- Wes Hampton is a cutie, R35.
- I loved this song back in the day -- too bad they're anti-gay.
- Are they really anti gay r43? They have a new reality show coming, I guess we'll find out.
- ALL OF THEM.
- Isn't the Gospel World like the largest closet this side of the college of Cardinals?
- Mary Mary gave an interview in [italic]Vibe[/italic] where they compared gays with whores and murderers. The President got some heat in 2007 for having them campaign for him along with Donnie McClurkin.
- Didn't some of the Winans record some stupid anti-gay song several years ago?
- Cece Winans has always given me a lesbian vibe. I think she and Whitney did the do.
Vickie Winans seems like she would be supportive of gays.
- [quote]Didn't some of the Winans record some stupid anti-gay song several years ago?
"It Ain't Natural"
- None of these people are gay.
- R29, please elaborate on Donnie McClurkin's upbringing. Perhaps then I can develop some compassion for the self loathing hypocrite.
- Don't worry Majic Mountain, Carman or Carmen is Queen and Vestal was a man!
What a great cast for the next Victor/Victoria!
Ned the Ringmaster
- seems there are a lot of very JEALOUS people on here. If the singers or good and have a followin they have to be gay...Roy Webb and Ryan Seaton or not gay nor is David Phelps or Guy Pennrod. Where do you get your information unless you have been GAY with them? think on that
- R54 - You are on a gay message board.
Think on THAT you ignorant, uneducated, homophobic cunt.
- Blind Item of sorts for y'all.
The member of the Winans family who lives over in Forrest Hills, TN is not as straight as some folks might think by any remote means at all.
Two hints. The first one is that I will link to the Winans Family Wiki to be nice. The second one is that I am making reference to a lady.
- Tom Netherton (Lawrence Welk Show) always preferred to sing Gospel music in his concerts. He pings off the charts.
A lot of folks have been saying the same thing about Cece Winans for years...any other info on her and her dipping into the lady pond??? i have been following her music and preaching and she talks about homosexuality ALOT. Maybe that is her subconcious talking.
- [quote]Tom Netherton (Lawrence Welk Show) always preferred to sing Gospel music in his concerts. He pings off the charts.
Boy, is that an understatement.
- There are so many queens in Southern Gospel it isn't funny. I know thsi thread is kinda dead but ever hear about NQC/National Quartet Convention(or National Queer Convention as my bf and I like to call it.? There are guys that plan a vacation to pick up dick there. Email me any interested parties to email@example.com. I'd love to call a few kettles black.
- So sad. Prove that the bible is true that in the last days people will be more preoccupied with satisfying their own cravings than walking in obedience to God. THE BIBLE IS TRUE. The true church is the only last bastion of truth in this world. Read me correctly, I said "the true church."
- Well my friend, pardon my English, "It ain't natural." It's very unnatural. Wasn't made to fit. Can't procreate. Seems simple to me, but so profound.
- This entire discussion is absurd. You're nothing but a gossiping bunch of pitiful big-mouths.
- What's the word on Jessy Dixon, other than, "he's dead?"
- [quote]This entire discussion is absurd. You're nothing but a gossiping bunch of pitiful big-mouths.
Yes, well, that's what people generally do on a GAY GOSSIP SITE, you fucking moron.
- [quote] Wasn't made to fit.
Oh, it fits, baby. It fits juuuust fine. Bend over and I'll show you.
- Don't forget David Maddux! He is the principal arranger for First Call, and former lead guitarist for Sandi Patty! He has been with his partner for 20 years.
- [quote]Cece Winans has always given me a lesbian vibe. I think she and Whitney did the do.
Yeah I always got the impression that CeCe and Whitney were friends with benefits.
Not technically gospel, but any rumors about Patti LaBelle?
- Hunky long-haired Guy Penrod's gotta wife and a passel of kids, but with those looks and that last name...
- mike tait isn't just hasn't married yet. he's dated several girls. toby of course married. kids. etc.
kirk talley was/is who knows.
the blonde guy from the group who sings testify to love is.
jennifer knapp is
all i have for now
carmen has never been married and i wonder when/if he will come out. . .
- First of all Gay mean
s happy! The Bible term is Sodomite; and Mark Lowry is a born again Christian that loves the Lord. Shame on you!
- That is one prodigious beehive that Sister Vestal is sporting at R41.
- [quote]There are three gay Winans that I know of.
That's interesting, because I know some people who got asked to leave a funeral for a coworker at Perfecting Church in Detroit. The deceased was a gay man who left his wife and kids for his lover. The family bizarrely assumed that the coworkers were part of his sinful "lifestyle" and told them they weren't welcome there.
Anthony Heilbut's The Fan Who Knew Too Much is worth the cover price for the chapter on gays in the Pentecostal church. Fascinating.
- Heilburt would have replied here "who isn't?".
- Jenny Followell
- John Wesley Shipp
His father is a minster and his sister is a gospel singer. He also sings gospel and even did gospel duets with Cissy Houston
- As soon as I saw the title on this thread, I thought of Tom Netherton.
- I understand Bishop Yvette Flunder of San Francisco is a lesbian. I don't know much about her. She is a great gospel singer. She sings with Chanticleer on their Gospel CD "How Sweet the Sound". Her take on "There is a Balm in Gilead", an old spiritual is one of my favorite performances. I listen to it over and over. I am not a Christian, just like gospel. Jessye Norman and Kathleen Battle did a gospel CD that I also listen to frequently.
- Wow, this has been an interesting thread to read. Who knew? Guess I wish more would come out but it took me a long time to feel comfortable in my own skin...and I don't have a Gospel career to worry about.
It does make me listen to these songs with a new understanding and frankly for all those who are out...I want to go buy their CD to show support.
- this is a stupid website and whoever made this is gay themself
Gosh, it was a great website until you came along. WTF are you doing here?
- Before you jump on someone's post here, no one is saying that just because someone may or may not be gay that it means their heart wasn't in the music. All that is being said or speculated was whether or not that person is gay.
The important thing is not their sexuality - the important thing is if the message they are singing is coming from the heart. I frankly don't care with whom they go to bed.
Will God punish me for loving - or you for hating?
- I have heard that Yvette Flunder of the Oakland area is gay. She is a gospel singer and preacher. Here is her singing "There is a Balm in Gilleand" with the male vocal group Chanticlear.
She sings other songs on one of Chanticlears albums.
- [quote]Brothers and Sisters in Christ, I give you .... CARMAN!
I'd tap that.
- I cast my vote for Tom Netherton, too.
- Amy Grant?
- Dennis Humphries of Hissong really needs to face the facts..trying to marry this women who knows he is gay..please..Dennis..you have romped with men in bookstores and hotel rooms, damn near got your ass beat several times..give up the lies..be real..you have missed several chances for people to love you for real..stop the games...we know the story..
- Gospel is made for religiously repressed gays.
Do you know how gospel choirs learn a song? By Rote. No sheet music is needed because none of the fuckers sight read. Each part is practiced individually over and over again while the whole group waits. It's why each choir has a repertoire of maybe eight songs.
There is plenty of time to do what you want while second sopranos (always flat second sopranos) learn their part.
- Does anyone know what Tom Netherton is up to these days? I've googled him and everything seems to stop about 2006. Retired to Palm Springs? Never any mention of a wife and/or kids.
- My granny watched Lawrence Welk religiously when I was a kid and I thought for a long time that Tom Nether-region performed like he was bolted to the floor. He never moved.
- mark lowry is not gay
- Jonathan Pierce was featured on several of the Gaither Homecoming videos, and was also part of the Gaither Vocal Band for some time. He and his wife split, he became an interior designer, from what I heard he came out of the closet as gay, and had or has a design show on one of the national cable networks.
- [quote]mark lowry is not gay
Mark Lowry is the gayest gay who ever gayed.
How can anyone with functioning eyes and ears mistake him for anything other than gay?
I'm sure he's filled with the kind of conflict and shame that only religion can impose on a person. And I'm sure he turns it all over to Jesus and tries to live a pure life. But that boy is G.A.Y. gay.
- I'd also heard about Jonathan Pierce coming out. There are a few videos of him on Youtube from his Gaither days and also an interview from a show on TBN. I always thought he was hot when on the Gaither programs, but when I saw him on his HGTV show (Interiors, Inc.) he'd lost his boyish looks and gained weight. He still sported a pair of tight jeans quite well! Jonathan's former wife/beard, Denise Hildreth (Hildreth is Pierce's actual last name) has written a book about how she got through their divorce with God's help, but doesn't mention Jonathan's homosexuality, nor is it mentioned on his Wikipedia page. I have seen his story discussed on other websites, and I've also read interviews where his ex talks about how he and she tried to make their marriage work, but were always dealing with an "elephant in the room". Still, I've never seen her out him publicly, which is classy of her IMO. To my knowledge, Jonathan has never appeared on any Gaither reunions, but I'm unsure if that's by his choice, or Bill's.
Ryan Seaton is married with 2 daughters, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was bi. especially when he was with Ernie Haase and Signature sound with his tan face, whitened teeth and highlights in his hair . Yum!
Wes Hampton also pings my gaydar, but again, is married with kids.
- A lot of these pretty boy singers suddenly get married in their 30's when the rumors get too hot and heavy.
- Have a look at the attached version of "Swing Down, Chariot". This is done by the Gaither Vocal Band and Ernie Haase & Signature Sound. Aside from Bill Gaither and maybe Guy Penrod, any of the guys singing here could easily pass as gay. Also, check out the way they're smiling and looking at each other during the song, and high fiving at the end...It's almost like watching the beginning part of a Corbin Fisher porn!
Yes, I believe Jonathan Pierce is gay. Not sure why he's never been back to a Gaither reunion, but he is missed. As the above poster stated, I'm not sure if Jonathan has chosen not to return, if he felt that he's no longer welcome, or if Bill Gaither didn't invite him back or what the situation is.
- I cast a vote for Tom Netherton and Mark Lowry.
Great voices, Phelps, Penrod, Marshall Hall, Wes Hampton, Sandy Patty even, Jason Crab...and his twin brothers!!
- I am a fan of the great singer Yvette Flunder of Oakland California. I think she is gay.
- I guess I am somewhat of a closeted Gaither Homecoming Friends fan, especially the old ones with Vestal and Howard, Jake, Eva Mae, The Speers and some of the old members of various groups like the Statesmen and the Catherdals. I have always loved Sue Dodge and her energy.
I have NEVER and WILL NEVER take a liking to Bill Gaither. I think he is bright composer, producer and probably a megamillionaire, but I think he is a fake. I saw somewhere he is very clean, but I do appreciate what he does.
I once contacted the Gaither Cruises to see where they stood on gays being on the cruise. Their reply was not good at all.
I must admit a guilty pleasure I recently subscribed to the Gaither Network, and must say I have watched a lot, especially the older ones.
- Live and let live, I am sure your sins are just the same, get over it and move on people
- Carmen was very close to Carlton Pearson. I always thought they were a little too close. Always hanging out together, sitting together in the Church. Then Carolton married Gina. Boom! Carmen moved to Nashville and I never saw him around that church again! Carmen was always very cocky like he was better than everyone else. Not a christian type personality at all. I believe Carmen has HIV.
- I too am a fan of Bill & Gloria Gaither and watch many of their shows over and over on the gaither channel. Hate to hear of their not having good comments regarding gays on their cruises. Considering too, some of the artist on the Homecoming programs have slipped a little. How does he feel about Mark Lowrey?
- This discussion seems to be a gossip web site. Can't you people find anything better to do? Shame on you!!!
- Comments on this site appear to be mostly opinion which to me is nothing more than gossip. Can't you people find anything better to do than talk about others? Shame on you!
- I used to watch those programs and think that at least 1/2 dozen of the guys in the bleacher seats singing along had to be homos. In fact, I used to tune into that program just to get a glimpse of them each week as I kinda developed a lil' crush on one or two of them. Lol.
- Whether there are gay singers, or gay friendly singers on the Gaither Gospel show is not for us to judge. This is between them and God, and if God says it okay if they are Christians, then that is God's decsion. We uare not the JUDGE and shouldn't . No I am not gay or a lesbian and I grew up thinks or being taught that all gay and lesbians were headed for hell. And, you cannot tell by looks. After I have gotten to know some gay people, who are fine people, and honest, etc. I have decided not to judge that decison. From the study of psychology, you learn that decision, but are born that way. That leave this between God and the gay and lesbians. God knows the hearts so much better than we ever could..
- If you want to post something about someone, please don't sign it annomous. Write you name and let people know how you feel. Don't be a coward if you are going to do God's job and judge people, at least sign your name.
- Ms. Steve Green
- The people that created this site are either homosexual or very interested in the homosexual lifestyle. Gay people need to be prayed for and be allowed to hear the True Word of God and the Good News. All your accusations and gossip is as sinful and being homosexual. Sin is Sin ... all equal. No sin is any bigger than another.
[quote] The people that created this site are either homosexual or very interested in the homosexual lifestyle.
No shit, Sherlock! So...what brings YOU here, then? Are you gay? Or very interested in the homosexual lifestyle?
[quote] Gay people need to be prayed for and be allowed to hear the True Word of God and the Good News. All your accusations and gossip is as sinful and being homosexual. Sin is Sin ... all equal. No sin is any bigger than another.
Fuck off, cunt.
- What about the ultimate pin-up boy of the gospel world -- Michael W. Smith? Very chummy with the Repubs, actually considers "Frothy" Santorum as a "friend" (talk about closet cases).
- There is no such thing as a Christian homesexual.\tNo one can claim to be a Christian .living that lifestyle .God....calls it Abomanation.I don't know who in gospel music is gay .But to assume i know ,i won't.No matter until i do know i will continue listening to who i do at this point .'I love the Gaithers , There are none of those guys who aren't amazing singers .There's a spirit that radiates from a gay life Style .You won't feel onoi ting , from the lips of a gay singer .My !
- These replies from the clueless that are dropping by here are hilarious!
- How did the loons find us?
See, this is why I never link to DL on other sites.
- Donnie McClurkin...confessed in an Gospel magazine that he slept with a man for 10 years and "thought/accepted he was gay"....then God "Healed him" and now he's hetrosexual...bull shit....if it took him 10 years of sleeping with a man and then sleeping with a woman and getting her pregnant as proof of his "healing" .....that's bull shit and we all know it.
- I love that the Gaither devotees have found us and decided to join our little gang.
Don't tell them this is a gay site. They post some pretty funny shit.
- r116 I have no idea what to say about Donnie McClurkin. He endured horrific sexual and emotional abuse as a child, so I guess if that what he needs to tell himself at night to sleep, then oh well.
I asked on the AA DLers thread if there were any people that listened to Tonex here. He is an openly gay, former gospel artist. He is a very talented guy and has created a pretty interesting genre of music
- The first chapter of Anthony Heilbut's last book, all about the much-derided "children" in the black Pentecostal church is fascinating. The Aretha chapter that follows it is great too.
- i think marshall hall who sang with the gaither vocal band for a while is gay. he always has to touch the other guy when he's singing .he dresses gay and check out his hair in the videos with ssiganture sound . i know he;s married but a lot of the gay and lesbian singers do get married to cover up thier lifestyles.
- Not Carmen! CARMAN, for God's sake.
- The loons are so hilarious I can't tell if their messages are parodies.
I grew up watching the 700 Club. GAY!
- Dorothy Cantrell is killing me.
- Closer to thee.
- Tom Netherton wins this one.
- MARK LOWRY IS NOT GAY HES HAD GFS HE IS A CONFIRMED BATCHELOR AND ITS SLANDER TO ACCUSE SOMEONE FOR SUCH THINGS WITHOUT PROOF SO BECAREFUL WHO U ALL SLANDER YOU COULD FIND YOURSELVES WITH A LAW SUIT ON YOUR HANDS GET FACTS RIGHT B4 YOU ACCUSE SOMEONE FOR ALL THE GAITEHRS KNOW YOU COULD ALL BE GAY WHO CARES U ARNT THEM N THEY ARNT YOU STOP SPREADING SLANDEROUS BULL
- Mark Lowry is not gay. I know him personally. I get tired of people thinking someone is gay when they don't get married. He's the sweetest, kindest person ever. Quit the slander when you don't know what you are talking about.
- Michael W. Smith is bi. And hung.
- ALL the organists.
- [quote]Quit the slander when you don't know what you are talking about.
NO! YOU quit the slander!!!!!
There is nothing slanderous about being gay or thinking someone else may be gay, R128. Take your God-dammed Fundie KKKristian 'tude and return to your fellow hate-mongers back in Freeperville.
- Get lost you homophobic cunt at r128.
This ia a gay and lesbian site.
- LIARS THINK EVERYONE IS A LIAR, THIEFS THINK EVERYONE IS A THIEF, BUT YOU PERVERTS REALLY MAKE ME SICK CALLING GOOD BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS THAT BELIEVE IN THE INSPIRED WORD OF GOD A PERVERT!
- Are the "how darez U slander the right-chuss!!!!1" replies on this thread for real? Like, for REAL, real? I can't believe there's people who actually talk like that.
Anyway, my vote is Vicki Yohe. She posts the worst homophobic shit on her Instagram account. The type of person who rails against something so much, you just KNOW they are so deep in the closet, they're crapping mothballs.
Personally, I found this site by googling "is mark lowry gay". I like him as a person and once in the late 90s he thrilled teenage me by featuring me in one of his "reMarkable" newsletters.
But as I got older, I was so sad to see the type of institutions and politicians some of my favorite Christian/gospel artists aligned themselves with. I used to be a huge MWS fan. (By the by- don't think he is gay nor bi) But no more. And I STILL love tobymac's music...but lately every time I listen, I have the thought "he likes and respects Falwell. He LIKES and RESPECTS Falwell" running through my head.
I just really don't know where it all came from. Even if one were to agree with the school of thought that being gay is an "abomination"...one cannot disregard the other scriptural "abominations"; in the same chapter where homosity is named as abominable to god, so is "men who cut their beard hair". I mean seriously. Where are the protests about beard trimmers not being able to get married or adopt in certain states? It's asinine.
There has long been a proliferation of gay rumors in the southern gospel arena. In this particular scenario, I feel that yes- where's there's smoke, there's big flaming fire. What a shame so many feel they cannot show their true selves even as they worship a god who loves them as much as the next guy.