- Peter Finch in "The Nun's Story."
He was just so ruggedly homely/handsome.
- young Liam Neeson
- helen mirren
- The guy who plays Shane on the Walking Dead.
- Dennis O'Hare in True Blood
- Peter Beinart
- Fred Ward in Tremors
- Kris Humphries
- Daniel Craig's face.
- Serge Gainsbourgh owns this thread. The French call it "jolie laide," OP.
- "Doctor Who" seems to seek out this kind of actor to star:
Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, and Matt Smith all fall into this category, esp Smith
- Vincent Gallo
- John C. Reilly
- Ellen Barkin and Gabriel Byrne
- Mick Jagger
- I had come here to comment on how Doctor Who seems to aim for this. Matt Smith especially is "ugly hot."
I had a thing for Marilyn Manson when I was a kid, definitely a case of "ugly hot." A lot of people in rock bands are "ugly hot" but that is specifically a case of them being made hot by being in bands you like.
Also, I love slightly unusual looking people so a good portion of the people I find hot are probably "ugly hot" to some extent.
- Other ugly hots from The Walking Dead: Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker. Reedus might just be plain hot, but I find his facial features to be unusual enough that he qualifies as ugly hot. Also, Rooker - at this point - might just be plain ugly but he has a ruggedness that I find hot. He had some conventional hotness in his youth, though.
Also, R17, you're not alone on the Marilyn Manson thing. When I was 13, I was hot for his busted-looking ass too. You're right though - take away the band and the image, you're left with homely, uber-dork Brian Warner. My thoughts on the MM of today: how is it possible to be both chinless and have a double chin?
- Peter Beinart? WTF?
- Robert Carlyle
- Willem Dafoe.
- Robert Irvine.
- Michael Phelps - I still want him!
- Sarah Jessica Parker
- Actor Russell Tovey is a huge gay sex symbol in England. English boys love lads with jug ears. In America however they're perceived as a defect, rather than the hotness they are. Which shows how fucked up America is. "Climb aboard" was apparently Tovey's response to a man who wanted to feel them.
- Daniel Craig really own this thread.
- Laurence Fox from the Inspector Lewis series
- The whole of France.
- Eddie Redmayne and Cillian Murphy are hideously pretty/gorgeously hot.
- i would consider Cillian Murphy ugly at all. He has very symmetrical features and is "too pretty" for a man. It freaks people out.
- Vincent Cassel
- Young Jean Paul Belmondo.
- Steve Buscemi
- Another vote for Willem Dafoe.
- Sean Penn
- Ray Winstone.
- Michael Phelps is the perfect answer.
- I was going to say that Kris Humphreys guy, but my partner has met him and says he's really just ugly. Huge and ugly.
- I like that guy that played the police chief on The Wire. The one spotted in the gay bar.
- There was a time apparently Mick Jagger would have owned this thread. I always thought he was just ugly, but a lot of people used to think he was hot, 40 or more years ago.
- R24, SJP is just ugly, not hot.
- Jack Klugman was always having stand alone episode romances on 'Quincy'.
David Schwimmer has dated a string of stunningly lovely starlets despite never being considered for People magazine's sexiest man.
- Speaking of Mick, will someone start a thread about Jerry Hall? She seems approachable, fun, and way smarter than people might give her credit for.
Just wondering if anyone has firsthand experience with her? Thanks to whoever will be the Jerry Hall thread OP!
- This guy is the poster child for "ugly hot" to me. Country singer Jason Aldean. Homely/cute face (although a killer smile), but he certainly fills out those tight jeans nicely.
- Michael Phelps - love him, love his herpes.
- David Costabile
- r5 - that was the first person I thought of too. He looks even worse with the buzzcut because he is all ears.
- Michael Richards
Kramer, in case you forgot.
- Nobody found Kramer hot. I've heard gays say that Seinfeld was hot, and Jason Alexander is a chub/cub icon, but I've never heard of any sexualizing of Kramer.
- William H. Macy probably started this thread, but buddy it's never going to happen. No amount of money can make you hot.
Tebow would fit this category.
- Michael Chiklis.
- Classic Ugly Hot was old-timey Colt model Moose. (See Link)
- I'm seeing a lot more ugly, than hot.
RE : 52 is right ....Moose wins
- Link Wray, the rockabilly legend.
- R52, I met Moose many moons ago in LA at a private party. We talked for a good while, sitting all alone on a couch while everyone else partied and drank themselves silly. He was a very sweet, gentle guy who had very little understanding of just how sexy he really was. He certainly knew he had something gay men wanted to see (the muscular body and the big dick), but he couldn't understand why men lusted after him so because he considered himself "ugly as home made sin". Of course I reassured him that there was absolutely nothing ugly about him whatsoever.
I wish I knew what became of him. All of the people I knew from that era who were involved in the porn industry are long dead. I've always assumed he was gone since pretty much all the people he performed with have died of AIDS. Although I don't remember him ever bottoming (at least on screen), so maybe he made it through.
- RE 55 - thanks for that story. That makes me like him even more. Nothing sexier than a guy who's hot AND humble
- The living Moose.
- Moose McGlade
- Chocolate Mousse
- Midge's boyfriend, Moose.
- Moose Knuckle
- Iggy Pop God I want to fuck him.
I'm a black Lesbian and everyone thinks I'm crazy.
He is sexy to me and hot you just know he'll throw a mean fuck.
- The epitome of "ugly hot" for me was a groundskeeper at the state capitol when I worked there. He was about mid-twenties and he had kind of a hooked nose and the corners of his mouth gave the impression of meanness. But holy God, when he was out raking leaves in his wifebeater shirt with his biceps bulging he was sex on legs.
- RE : 63 - If we don't know who you're talking about (not famous/no pic),
whats the point ? I see ugly/hots everyday, but no one else cares. Get it ?
- I know, R64, I wish I had a picture. I can't think of anyone I can even compare him to. He had a busted face and a smokin' body and a manner about him that made him extraordinarily memorable for me. He was way beyond your run of the mill ugly/hot guy. That's the best I can do.
- O.K. I'll just imagine he looked like that guy in the movie 'Trick', J.P.
Pitok. Busted face / smoking body. Google him.
- This guy was much crueler looking than Pitoc. He had this affect of indifference, verging on a sneer, that somehow made him all the sexier.
- Ryan Gosling
- Billy Bob Thornton.
- Michael Phelps is just ugly, no "hot" there at all.
- I've always been weirdly attracted to Crispin Glover.
- I love Michael Phelps, and can't imagine the boring sex of people who only fuck Ken dolls and pretty boys.
- Harley Everett
- Sorry, I don't like chicks with dicks.
- Eric Balfour
- I have a thing for Middle Eastern-looking men.
- Ugly hot is epitomized by Belmondo in the "Breathless" era. I've always wondered WTF Gere was thinking when he re-made the movie.
- I can't believe no one has mention Tayler Lautner yet!!
He has a great body and he's a celeb so people find that attractive but that face! The horror...the horror!
- William Mapother.
- gordon ramsey
- r44 that guy looks more "fit-fat" than "ugly-hot". He has a nice face.
- Tom Petty
- Accuweather.com Meteorologist Bernie Rayno.
- Adrien Brody. Though he's really just one step away from being conventionally hot.
Shia LaBeouf/Andrew Garfield/Jesse Eisenberg/Michael Cera are ugly/cute or nerdy cute at times.
- A room with a moose
- I'm with the people who said Shane from Walking Dead.
Oh, and Alan Rickman. Omg that accent!
- Alan Rickman as Severus Snape.
Thank you sir, may I have another
- Andrew Garfield is just young and somewhat unformed, as of yet. In another 5 years he'll be seriously handsome and if he works out his body he could easily resemble a Hugh Jackman type.
Now Dominic Cooper, OTOH, is a great candidate for this thread and more so with each year. Can't believe I'm the first to mention that bull frog.
- R69, we couldn't agree more!
- oops, mean R87
- Alan Rickman: Oh, god yes.
- Semi-Ugly HOT soldier/pornstar from the naked soldier thread.
- In my 20s, Willem Dafoe
In my 30s, William Fichtner
- R84 - in addition to Crispin, I'd also add Adrien Brody. Maybe I have a big nose/nostril thing... I felt the same way about Judd Nelson back in the day.
- Colt model Moose had the ability to make you forget he was kind of ugly because the hotness frequently overshadowed everything else.
(Although the one big reason that makes you forget is out of range of the picture posted here.)
- RE : 92 - Yes, the teeth need work, but not ugly - just hot. Very.
- Jesse Eisenberg
I too have a thing for Crispin Glover.
- Woody Harrelson
- Miguel Ferrer - busted face, sick body.
And pretty much all of French cinema:
- Benoit Poelvoorde
- Oh, yes, Miguel Ferrer. The only reason to endure an episode of Crossing Jordan.
- Josh Charles- from 'The Good Wife'.
- Benicio Del Toro
- Tilda Swinton is pretty ugly hot.
- Ugly hot = great body +busted face, right?
- No R101. Ugly Hot means someone you find hot but would be considered ugly by societal standards. Have you read the thread?
- Benecio Del Toro is definitely ugly (FUGLY in fact), but there is not one hot thing about the man any longer. He looks like he just woke up from a 6 day drunk.
How he still gets work in the movies is beyond me. Well, other than in some monster movie, playing the monster.
- Rafael Nadal
- Yes, I've read the thread and I understand the concept, R106. I'm merely suggesting that the formula can (possibly, for some) be broken down to "hot body + busted face = ugly hot" (ex: Daniel Craig). I also notice for many it seems to be "nice features EXCEPT large nose = ugly hot" (ex: Adrien Brody).
Do you know where you fall on the autism scale?
- Max Mauff:
- Dominic Monaghan
- David Bowie
- Adrian Brody
- Another vote for Adrien Brody
- Oh my god, I agree with so many of the choices here: Crispin Glover, Steve Buscemi, Adrian Brody, Willem Dafoe, Michael Phelps, Alan Rickman, etc. ... conventionally attractive guys tend not to interest me that much. Normally I feel completely out of step with the DL on what makes a guy hot, so this is refreshing :)
- Seann William Scott and his brother Kyle William Scott
- [quote]Josh Charles- from 'The Good Wife'
I saw a few minutes of the original Hairspray on Logo yesterday and swear I saw him in a small role. Ugly/hot teenager.
- Stephen Malkmus.
Now he was always considered something of an indie heartthrob when in Pavement but when I said I liked him on another forum (a Madonna forum, no less) they were all like "ewww, he's gross" and not one liked him. So yeah, him.
- Helen Lawson, after the surgery.
- Adria Brody is beautiful, not ugly. I would call him beautiful before I'd call him hot or sexy.
- Kaley Cuoco
- Steve Buscemi owns this thread. He is the rare person to be ugly and really attractive at once. To me!
- Another vote for Andrew Garfield.
Also: Mark Zuckerberg.
Jeremy Renner (though he's a nasty homophpbic bitch, I have to admit he's hot).
The porn star Adam Killian (probably the hottest porn star I can think of working right now, but he's not classically handsome in any way).
- Mainstream celeb has to be Daniel Craig. His head/face looks like a beat up sugar bowl, but when you factor in that body--- holy shit, is he hot! Jennifer Grey pre-cosmetic surgery also. She wasn't Hollywood pretty, but damn sexy.
- Jennifer Carpenter (Deb from Dexter) Her face is simultaneously ugly and beautiful/interesting.
- Country singer Jason Aldean, absolutely.
- Daniel Craig
John F. Kennedy
Benecio Del Toro
- Vincent Cassel.
- Adam Driver from "Girls"...mmm.
- Al Pacino in his dotage.
- Ditto to R130. Mmmmmm, and yet he's really weird looking. But again, mmmmm. God, why????
- tennis player Nicolas Almagro...I just think he oozes testosterone.