- does at least bi with a serious longterm male partner count?
- who's the partner R1
- Bis do not count. They never will.
- And here we go again, once more into the bleach.
- Anderson Cooper
David Hayden Pierce
That young twink from Ugly Betty - her little brother
- Hayden Christensen
- Richard Simmons
David from Zoom (Season 2)
Do dead ones count?
James Coco, Dom DeLuise, and Rock
- Sorry OP but Jim Parsons is very out as is David Hyde Pearce.
When JP won his first Emmy last year he mentioned to the press that now he was going to marry his boyfriend.
- David Hyde Pierce is openly gay.
- This again?
Will there be one single name listed in this thread that hasn't been mentioned in any of the other weekly "Who's gay but not out" threads?
- Lesley Gore
Mario Van Peebles
Tony Randall, Liberace, Stanwyck, Paul Lynde, Merv,George Cukor, Vincent Minelli
- Bradley Cooper
- I was hoping for a "Who Will Come Out in 2012" thread.
Wentworth Miller. Not that he will come out but I'm sure he's due for his semi-annual outing online.
- Colton Haynes may not be 'out' but he basically outed himself when he posed for photos in XY magazine kissing his boyfriend.
Matt Lanter's DudeTube antics put him in the same category.
- Being not "out" is the new out... people are living their lives openly in their private time but not making an announcement to the world like most of us....
- I never feel straighter than when I'm watching one of his entertaining films!
- Like Anderson Cooper?R15
- Leslie Gore is out, r11.
- Lesley Gore is out.
Ellen Page, Kristin Stewart, Holland Taylor, Miranda Richardson, etc., are hiding in plain sight.
- Just because someone doesn't announce to the entire world does not make them closeted... smh... most you are probably out to friends and some family but not on ya facebook page... *shakes head*
- Tyler Perry
- R15 & R20: that is nonsense. It is lying and insulting when someone like Colton Haynes or Matt Lanter says they are straight and beards up with a girlfriend when there are photos of them online engaging in kissing and online sex talk with men.
That is not being out.
- If someone asked me if I was gay I would say yes R20, if someone asked Matt Bomer that would get a nonanswer
That is the difference between being out in the being in the closet, even if it is the glass closet.
- When you're a public figure, a public announcement or acknowledgement of your same sex partner/attraction is necessary for you to be considered out. There are too many ways of explaining away pictures, kisses, hand-holding, inner circle knowledge, etc.
It doesn't have to be a press release, or an interview with milliions watching. It can be as simple and matter-of-factly as TR Knight, Lily Tomlin, David Hyde Pierce, Pasons, and others have done it. But it needs to be public and beyond any shadow of a doubt.
- R22 that isn't but other's on the list are out, just don't announce it. You get what i'm saying? For example me.. i'm out to friends, and my fam my coworker know, common knowledge, I have never denied when asked but I don't talk about my sexuality on Facebook or social media sites... does that make me "closeted" I don't think so... just because you live an honest and open life in ya day to day private life doesn't mean you have to tell EVERYONE.
- John Nettles.
- Mayor Ed Koch
- I don't think public figures just because their gay and glassed off have to be held to different standards than any of us. They just happen to have public jobs, on T.V. etc but they have a right to disclose what they want to or not. I have a public, local job but when i'm speaking to an audience, even if its a GLBT as it often is i'm not obligated to say oh yeah, i'm gay...
- R28, here's the difference:
do you go around claiming to be straight, bearding with a girlfriend wherever you go?
- Frank Sinatra Jr. No one ever mentions him, but I've heard that he is. Anyone have any background info on him.
- I think the bottom line is is that many of us need to stop looking for Celebs to be role models for glbt people and start becoming your own role models. If you feel there needs to be more public attention to GLBT causes and a face you have to put on that face. We need to focus more on our community than to people who we will never meet like people on this list. Because they are getting paid... what will you do for the glbt cause? Be ya own star, and out if you want to be.
- [quote]do you go around claiming to be straight, bearding with a girlfriend wherever you go?
Neither do a bunch of these ppl some don't consider out, such as Bomer. For them, only public pronouncements will do for them to be considered out, even if they live their lives as "out" in every other way.
- R29 No I don't... neither does Anderson cooper, or queen latifah and many other people on the list. Its known that they are out in their day to day life but feel they don't have to make an announcement. Guess what???? Their right.
- I have this STRONG feeling that Liza's bi.
- R32, some of them are doing exactly that. Matt Lanter is an example. He says he is straight and shows up with a girlfriend even though he was on DudeTube showing his ass.
And Colton Haynes appears to have gotten a lawyer to sue to have his XY gay boyfriend kissing pics removed.
- Stephen Hawking
- Perhaps because in 2011 the label of "gay" sometimes evokes the worst of the subculture that many people just don't relate to it or define themselves by the constricting label or the construct. Shallow, sex-obsessed, narcissistic, amoral, vicious and toxic? Who wants to be THAT? And what does "gay" even MEAN? That you sleep exclusively with same sex partners? That you have emotionally intimate romantic relationships with same sex partners? It paints with such a broad brush these days. And the whole "LGBT" thing is so confusing. LMNOP! LOL I mean, gay people are CLUMPED in with other categories that don't even make sense. SMART and complex people out there really may not relate to the "gay community," choosing instead NOT to be labeled and put in with those with whom they cannot relate. It is not the same thing as not being FOR GAY RIGHTS or EQUALITY. Everyone should have the right to marry whomever he loves, gender and race neutral. And gays should have equal rights in all areas. But to call oneself gay in 2011 does not really work for a lot of people. Maybe in a past generation. Perhaps THAT is what some of these stars are about, rather than being "afraid to come out" or some such nonsense.
- R34, Liza is a lesbian. The heterosexual promiscuity when she was in her 20s was in a drug-induced haze.
- Miranda Richardson is gay?
- What the fuck are you talking about R37.
If you are attracted to members of your own sex and not to members of the opposite sex you are gay. That is all it means, that is all it will ever mean.
I can't believe you actually rambled on with all that bullshit, you are trying to somehow be "deep" and failed desperately. (Also, god there was no reason for that all to be one paragraph, though it will hopefully save people from reading your drivel).
- At the In Time premiere Matt Bomer answered "no" and "no" when first asked if he was single, and then asked if he had a girlfriend. I wouldn't call that a non-answer.
- Do dead people count?
Robert Q Lewis
- LOL R40 Exactly.... hahahaha!
- R37 is the reason why gay men are desperate to believe straight guys have gay sex. Because "gay" is assumably attached to such negative connotations. Straight is good, gay is bad in their minds.
- r40, your post is bullshit. What does "attracted" mean, then? SEXUALLY attracted? EMOTIONALLY attracted? A COMBINATION of those things? STRAIGHT men are "attracted" to each other for friendship. And if it is only about SEXUAL attraction, then why do men fall in love with each other?
And many people are sexually attracted to members of their own gender from time to time when they considers themselves STRAIGHT, asshole.
Your definition is reductive. Your arrogance didn't help matters.
- straight guys don't have gay sex.
- R6, Are we really absolutely sure about all of those? If they are all gay they are pretty actively closeted.
If Jodie Foster is considered out isn't Jim Parsons as well? Neither have stated they are gay but both have mentioned their significant other.
- r45 is off her meds.
- r44, that is NOT what I think at all. I just want to watch you morons attempt to define what "gay" means. Is it just what gets your dick hard? Try using THAT definition with intelligent thinking people...if you know any.
Gay is not "bad," but there is a lot of negative connotations to gay SUBCULTURE stuff, particularly the bar "scene" and the Craiglist hookup posts. You know "here's my asshole pic. I am in room 237" kind of stuff. It is BIGGER than what you read about here on this rather toxic website, too.
I don't think some stars want to be affiliated "gay" because they have their own notions of sexuality that are not defined by gay.
- Gay is my orientation. Remove it and I'm a eunich.
- So, what about "straight" R49? Anything negative associated with that?
- [quote]I don't think some stars want to be affiliated "gay" because they have their own notions of sexuality that are not defined by gay.
This is shameful. There is such a disdain for gay men in this world. That will never change. It is so no surprise gay kids kill themselves.
- [R38] I don't think that Liza is only into women. And I haven't seen a discussion on her visit this fall to Vladivostok, she was literally humping some guy on stage, that looks really awkward and kind of rude, and though I think she's been clean for quite a while, I have no idea what was on her mind that very second....
- Oh my god, straight is pure, straight is good, straight hot, straight is masculine, straight is acceptable, straight is perfection, straight is normal, straight is power, straight is what I am desperate to be!!
- R53, Liza is most definitely into GAY men.
- R49, gay subculture and gay as a sexual orientation are to different things. Gay as a sexual orientation can exist separate of gay subculture.
- Gay is gross.
- I love gay subculture. I am proud of it.
- R55 Yes, she must have some daddy issues. Plus forbidden fruit is always sweeter!
- r56, and it DOES. Great post. It is just that some people (celebs) who would clinically be defined as homosexual cannot discern the differences or are too repelled by much of the subculture to understand the distinctions or have a strong personal identity quite apart from the gay "scene" as it is depicted in the media. They just don't want to have to always BE the "poster child" for "I'm a cool guy who does not have asshole pics on Craiglist" kind of person. Of course, the world NEEDS more people like that to be "out there." Men with integrity, morals, character, intellect, self esteem and a sense of humor. There are some out there. More are needed.
Some celebrities really don't want to be a part of the bullshit aspect of all of it and didn't sign on to carry the torch, as it were. But they are eviscerated by posters here who think that they should all be OUT OUT OUT. Not even understanding that some of the celebs mentioned in this thread ARE living their lives openly and comfortably They just don't have glitter shooting out of their asses.
- R58, I love gay subculture too (at least certain aspects of it). I can see how it's not everyone's cup of tea though.
- [quote] even though he was on DudeTube showing his ass.
He wasn't on dudetube. Dudetube's webmaster just put the dudetube logo on the caps.
This pic raises more questions than those pretty innocuous caps.
- Lee Pace is definitely gay.
- Someone here is now everywhere on the internet, creating new accounts to out me. Gotta admire the hardwork.
- Jonathan Taylor Thomas,
Haley Joel Osment,
- Queen Latifah and Kevin Spacey for sure
- Charlize Theron, I always get a dyke vibe from her.
- R62 That photo is a fake. The real photo that's taken from is Matt Lanter with his current girlfriend.
I known I've said it numerous times in both the Matt Lanter thread and the Colton Haynes thread (and I don't want to sound like a broken record), that those Matt Lanter screencaps did show up on Dudetube shortly after (literally several days after) the gay blog opened its own video chatroom. Some 'in the know' have said the chat may have taken place before that, but that it was supposedly with another male (and supposedly got more explicit). There has been no evidence to prove that it was with a girl...and if it was, why would it show up exclusively on a gay male blog first (it never showed up anywhere else before that)? It also confirms various rumors Lanter has had since he started on Bravo's 'Manhunt' modeling show and the info that those close to the production have said (which was also revealed here at DL in the main Matt Lanter thread). There are various little tidbits about Lanter around the net...and his team actively stops any posting of those pics, plus censors any talk of his sexuality..and they target gay sites.
Somethings up with that boy.
- "If Jodie Foster is considered out isn't Jim Parsons as well?"
Jodie Foster is not considered out. Not even Wikipedia will list her as gay.
- Really R60? Like who are are these out gay actors who are too "gay subculture" for you? That repel you so much? That repel America?
Oh...wait...Jerry Sandusky? The closet case "straight" guy who is so NOT gay subculture he was a "great" football coach at one time and married with six kids.
It's the CLOSET CASES who try to live so as to appeal to American everywhere who are REPULSIVE, shit-for-brains. Not the people who are upfront as to who they really are.
- Reading this message board would probably keep a lot of people in the closet. Who would want to see most of te posts here, as examples of what they have to look forwrd to as an out gay?
- I don't know. It's not as if people here are nice to straight or especially closeted celebs... If anything an out gay always has someone defending him (yeah, him, not sure the same is true for lesbians).
- r70, unclench and drop those pearls. The way some celebs live is "Yes, I am gay and I might tell you IF it is any of your business. First, WHY is that any of your business? I don't lead with that." You know, like a COMPLETE, WHOLE PERSON? Get it?
- Keanu Reeves
Mark Whalburg (sp)
Frank on Trading Spaces
Snuggles the laundry bear
- I know Duchovny from way back (school). Sorry, not gay. My female friend had a long affair with him when we were all in college.
- Cusack and Wahlberg gay? Oh, what a laugh.
- And wasn't Duchovny addicted to sex with women a few years ago?
- Rip Taylor?
- Ernie and Bert
- Just because we let men stick their hands up our butts doesn't make us gay.
- David E?
- People think John Cusack and Marky Mark are heterosexual? Really?
- James Franco for certain.
- I am not gay, I am just interested in gay culture and like to play gay characters.
- Kate Walsh
- Who the fuck is Colton Haynes?
- R86, there's a whole thread on him. Find it, and you'll learn all you need to know.
- Bradley Cooper
- "And wasn't Duchovny addicted to sex with women a few years ago."
Only if one assumes that. (Which is easy to do re; his show Californication.)
The gender was never specified. All that was ever said by Duchovny (and Tea Leoni) was that his addiction was to online porn and sex chat rooms etc.
Unlike with Tiger Woods with all the proof and women coming forward, the real scandal here was that it was Duchovny himself announcing that he was going to sex rehab for sexual addiction. (Apparently someone who knew this was trying to make money by breaking the story to the press/tabloids whatever, so Duchovny wanted to beat him to it and make the announcement himself.)
His announcement that he was a sex addict and getting help for it in rehab was what resulted it it being called the "Most Shocking Scandal of 2008."
There are rumors here on DL and other places that Duchovny and Leoni were in a marriage of convenience and both playing for the other team. I'm one of those who just think/feel this to be the case as I swear in every picture of them -- especially when they're photographed together -- they both ping like crazy!
(I'm not even including they stuff he says in interviews such as his "long list" of guys that he'd "definitely go gay for" such as Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner. He added that he "publicly went gay for" Garry Shandling (implying that if he did "go gay" it would be private??)-- I loved that skit on Shandling's show way back years ago lol -- and I love Duchovny's dry, cool sense of humor a lot -- but sometimes truth is at the base of humor.)
- "guys that he'd "definitely go gay for" such as Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner."
I wonder if he's outing those two?
- Andrew Garfield
- r90 might have a very interesting point.
One of the best young actors today, and I seriously believe he could have a monster career ahead of him, Cameron Monaghan seems obviously gay.
- R89 They could both be bi. Duchovny pings as a straight-leaning bi guy to me.
- I always wondered about Duchovny's relationship with Nick Lea (weht that guy, anyway?).
- Nick Leahy, you mean?
- No. Nicholas Lea
- Nick Lea will be on an episode of Supernatural in January. He's been guest starring [recurring] in a few ABC series.
- Supernatural is often filmed in locations in my neighborhood (Vancouver), but I can't seem to get into that show. Lea is a Vancouver actor who worked with Duchovny on the XFiles. There were rumors about the two of them for years, but that's all.
- Kristen Stewart
- [quote] Being not "out" is the new out... people are living their lives openly in their private time but not making an announcement to the world like most of us....
That reminds me of something David Hyde Pearce said - "My life is an open book but that doesn't mean I have to read it to people"
- as David Ehrenstein correctly wrote in his book "Open Secret - The History of Gay Hollywood", until a celebrity says the words "I am gay", they will not be considered gay or referred to as gay by the media. You have to actually confirm it, no matter how 'obvious' it may be.
That is why even sites like Wikipedia will not list Jodie Foster as gay or in the LGBT actors section because she has never said those words.
- The fault lies with the media and wikipedia and not with the "glass closeted" celebs then.
- No, r102, the media are not allowed to brand someone gay (just at most make reference to rumors) until that person utters the words, if they want to saty in business.
It's not their fault that people are entitled to file civil lawsuits for damages to their public reputation.
Tom Cruise's Lawyers
- Which means that there shouldn't even be a term like "glass closet" - they're either closeted or they're not.
- You flyover idiots LOVE these threads.
- What a black and white world you must live in, R104.
- In terms of celebrities, r106, that's simply the way it is. I'm not talking about "normal" people, so to speak.
- The funny thing is threads like this disprove the meme that DL thinks all actors are gay.
As a whole the board really doesn't, there are only a subset of actors people assume are gay and they generally have had gay rumors for years and are pretty much certainly gay.
The gossip here is actually decently on point.
- is Hayden Christensen still 'engaged' to Rachel Bilson?
- How could you forget...me?
- Henry Cavill is gay? Really?
- We're not positive yet, R111, but there have been a lot of threads here with photos of him with gay men that he apparently wanted scrubbed from the Internet when his career got big.
Are you new here?
- I can't believe we have gone this long without mentioned Leonardo DiCaprio. Does anyone on this board actually believe he is straight?
He is another one we seem to have every reason to assume he is a 'mo.
- R101, that's NOT what David Ehrenstein used to say here.
- and what did he say, R114?
- "people are living their lives openly in their private time but not making an announcement to the world like most of us...."
Refusing to answer the question "Are you gay?" isn't what "most of us" would do. We would just be honest, while people like Anderson Cooper dodge the question.
- "Mayor Ed Koch"
Not just gay, but a liar and an asshole who blackballed his boyfriend when he became mayor of New York and continues to endorse anti-gay political candidates
"neither does Anderson cooper, or queen latifah and many other people on the list. Its known that they are out in their day to day life but feel they don't have to make an announcement. Guess what???? Their right"
Queen Latifah lies and says she is not gay. Do you do that? Anderson won't say he is gay when someone asks if he is gay. Do you do that? I don't lie about who I am and if someone asks if I am gay I say "yes"
- Ed Koch also endorsed the Republican who ran for and won Anthony Weiner's seat in September.
- And don't forget according to Keram Henry Cavill was giving Jake one.
- Everyone is allowed to brand someone as gay or as anything, if it is the truth. You don't need to fear an defamation lawsuit if you can prove your "accusations". With Tom Cruise you're in danger, but it would be easy to find witnesses who'd testify that Jodie Foster for example had female partners.
- Is Henry a top, R119?
- "With Tom Cruise you're in danger, but it would be easy to find witnesses who'd testify that Jodie Foster for example had female partners."
Not necessarily. People know she's a dyke but that doesn't mean anyone would out her in court.
It isn't always fear of lawsuits that keeps the media from outing people. It is just plain old fashioned prejudice - the fact that people think being gay is bad, and that if you reveal that someone is gay you are harming that person because saying someone is gay is bad, bad, bad. Ellen D. lectured Perez Hilton for outing gay stars but no one would lecture him for discussing the love lives of straight stars.
- R122, I think like a lot of other things involving the media it also just comes down to $$$ and mutual benefit.
If the media, magazines, t.v. shows, journalists etc. want to have good access to and interviews with celebrities and people in Hollywood, they have to play by their rules, and that means helping to keep people in the closet.
If the media outs someone, Hollywood will cut off that particular journalist, celebrity magazine etc. from having access to their stars and studio.
- Ding ding ding R123.
Entertainment media has to be careful about biting the hand that feeds them.
- So, R115, you weren't a Datalounger when Ehrenstein entertained us with his Friday night meltdowns?
- I remember he used to post here, but I don't remember the specifics of it.
I did read his book on Gay Hollywood though, and one of the things that is made very clear in it is that even if you are obviously gay, unless you confirm you are gay in the media by a public statement saying "I am gay", you are not considered officially gay.
And that's obviously true, because as I said above, not even Jodie Foster is considered officially gay yet. You only have to click on Wikipedia to see that they won't even include her in the list of LGBT actors.
- Yes. Ergo, she and Anderson Cooper are still closeted.
- My God he was the prince of this board for months, VAN HANSIS.
- Amber Heard.
- R98, I just saw the promo for the next Supernatural episode and it's the one with Nicholas Lea. It actually looks like a cool episode - Lea plays Elliot Ness.
Have you ever seen the Supernatural guys around? They're the object of much...uh, fangirl scrutiny.
- Isn't every actor these days, R131?
- R131 No I haven't seen the actors from Supernatural. Mostly all I've seen is that old black car when they set it up for shots in the alley near my place. I try to stay away during filming by taking alternate routes. For me it's nothing but a pain since the fangirls hang out as close as the crew will let them -- which is across the street. My bank and stores I go to are there and I have to weave around all the strollers and chicks with cameras to get there so that is my (cranky pants) perspective on it lol. The guys (and Lea) are pretty hawt though.
I do support filming of that and other productions. Production companies are always asking for the signatures of my neighbors and I as they have to for late night scenes and to work in the alley etc. I always sign and never hear any noise. I would rather work than hang out and wait for actors though although maybe I would wait for Simon Baker for an autograph if he ever worked here LOL.
- Andrew Garfield and Ian Thorpe, really? Doesn't Garfield date Emma something actress? And didn't Thorpe say No, I'm not gay on several occasions?
Andreson and Foster just are and everyone knowns it. The fact they didn't say it is irrelevant at this point coz really, everyone knows. It would mean if the spoke out at least in last century but tday....
If Kristen Stewart is not gay then she's the most pinging straight person ever.
There are rumors about Piper Perabo, Rachel MacAdams, Ellen Page, Alicia Keys even Lauren Graham and Juliana Margulies. Who knows, they could be bi or gay or straight...Same with Clooney.
Hayden C., Leo DiC. probably are gay.
Cruise, Smith and Jackman have families. Also, they have macho images. They are going to protect it.
- Andrew Garfield has long been rumored to be gay and frankly setting him up with his co-star in Spiderman reeks of blatant PR bearding.
- That's a very good list R136.
- I thought so....and I think the DL folks are pretty much right on.
- Who in "young Hollywood" can we add to the list?
- Sam Harris is out. He introduced his partner and their new son at a show in Oklahoma.
- "Doesn't Garfield date Emma something actress?"
Yeah, they supposedly 'date', but Andrew shows a lot more enthusiasm when he is around guys - like Robert Pattinson
- R126, you missed A LOT. Plus the book you mentioned that he wrote is quite old.
- Explain it then, please, R142
- Trey Parker. Just has to be despite the bearding.
- What's all this talk about Garfield being gay?
Maybe Odie, and definitely Nermal, but Garfield?
Others to add to the list (none are out as far as I know):
- Garfield pings to high heavens, R145. Have you seen the photos of Andrew with Rob Pattinson?
- R146 does not understand humor.
- Arsenio Hall
- It's hard to tell the difference around here between humor and puzzlement sometimes, R147.
When you look at the Twilight or Luke MacFarlane threads and still have people asking why we think Taylor Lautner or Luke MacFarlane are gay, you never know whether people are joking or are naive fangirls.
- Yes r146, you make a valid point - but did you really read the whole post? Or just the first two sentences?
Maybe I'm the one who's off the loop - come to think of it most of the individuals listed may pre-date you.
Emily, re-thinking the whole thing....never mind
- [quote]"Doesn't Garfield date Emma something actress?"
Not only are there rumors that Andrew is gay, but that Emma Stone is as well. Mutual bearding.
- R143, mention Miss Lena Horne to Mr. E, and see what happens.
Lena's lesbian lover
- Garfield is pretty much one of those you can tell he's gay just by looking at him. It's been picked up by others before, but boy seriously has gay face.
Doesn't matter though as he's so fuckable it hurts. The gay vibe he has only adds to it.
I knew as soon as I watched him on the BAFTAs, that the "girlfriend" was mentioned for a reason.
- I noticed he did kiss the woman he was with on the lips in that clip
- Andrew on The View with Jesse E & Justin T:
- Keanu Reeves
- Watching Barabara makes me so uncomfortable that I can't even enjoy that clip.
- Why the heck is R143 on Wit and Wisdom?
- r139 How about Hunter Parish, Taylor Lautner, Cameron Monaghan, and Zach Efron and crew?
- They're all probably gay, R159, although I don't know if there's proof
- What about -
- Oh yes Ryan Seacrest on the Huffington Post list. Definitely, right? How could that guy not be gay? (I think Simon Cowell is too -- not bi but gay. What about all there not so subtle innuendo trying to out the other on Idol last year.)
- R161, Matt Lanter showed his ass on DudeTube, so he's probably gay, and Colton Haynes is obviously gay since he posed for photos kissing his boyfriend in XY magazine.
As for Chace Crawford, he pings to high heavens.
- What are you talking about, r158?
- Tommy Lee Jones
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned him. I guess that one's not as well known as the others that have already been listed. Oh and…
Jada Pinkett Smith
- Terence Stamp
- I don't even know who Bomer and Colton Haynes is.
- I think it's true, a gay actor could be pictured fucking his boyfriend in West Hollywood and the press would never acknowledge him being gay until he made a special statement about it. That's the way things are now. The press is never suppose to mention any star's gayness, it's a no no.
- Remind me, how did it work with Lindsay Lohan? I think she kissed Sam often and publicly enough that first the tabloids and then more serious (lol) gossip mags started to refer to her as her girlfriend without a special announcement, right? When did she come out? I know she said she loved Samantha on Ellen after the split, I remember nothing before that.
- "Tommy Lee Jones
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned him. I guess that one's not as well known as the others that have already been listed. Oh and…"
Tommy Lee Jones? Really? He doesn't ping at all.
- I think you just answered your own question, r169.
It doesn't have to be a formal announcement, press release, or the cover of People/Newsweek with the caption "Yup. I'm gay." Most people that do it that way are looking to capitalize on an outing anyway (Ellen, Rosie, Clay, Lance, Ricky, Elton, etc)
But it needs to be a verbal/written/or legal public acknowledgement of some sort. See TR Knight, DH Pierce, Lily Tomlin, Anthony Clark, Jim Parsons, Portia Di Rossi, and, on the bi front, Andy Dick, Marlon Brando, Madonna, Angelina Jolie, Lindsay Lohan etc. (though I always question the intents of bi women, since it turns men on and can be read as strictly a marketing device).
Leaving it to pictorial evidence (Wentworth, Latifah, Bomer, Colton, Chace, and all those new hotties of the month) is leaving the door open for closet re-entry at the slightest convenience, since pics and videos can be explained away in multiple ways - everything from "method research" to phase to photoshop. Having your cake and eating it too and - IMHO - a cop out.
- How are we absolutely sure Andrew Garfield is gay? The relationship with Shannon Woodward seems fairly legit.
- I suppose we can't know for sure at this point, R172, but he gets a lot more excited when he is around men than women.
Took a look at the photos of Andrew Garfield with his hands all over Robert Pattinson.
- I'm not sure but for some reason I get the feeling that Andrew Garfield and Jessie Eisenberg have been lovers.
- Compared to most of the celebrities mentioned on this thread where they are pretty much certainly gay we can't be as sure about Garfield as the evidence really isn't strong enough.
I personally would bet yes, but freely admit I don't really know.
Chace Crawford is another one that honestly is a maybe. There are really no rumors of his gay hookups and claims about women who he has hooked up with, but he looks really gay and hangs out with some gay dudes so a lot of people want to assume he is gay. Possibly, I actually think he is straight. I believe Keram claimed he was straight also for whatever you think that is worth.
- I could have sworn there were DLers posting that they had sex with Garfield. These were male posters of course.
There weren't very many photos of Andrew with his GF, right? Who knows.
The Emma Stone hook up is pure PR though.
- I don't believe the Emma Stone hookup...even if they are both straight.
- James Franco. No matter what David Ehrenstein says (as if he'd know better than anyone.... Whatever).
- Taylor Lautner:
- Fiona Shaw
- r165, Read the title of this thread again
Tommy Lee Jones? Who the hell in the world has ever "known" he was gay and what gossip do you have to back that up?
Please do tell.
- Is Fiona Shaw not out? She was or is still dating Saffron Burrows.
Ellen Page and Clea Duvall are likely dating, so Clea Duvall can be added to the list.
- r182, She never openly acknowledged their relationship, that I recall. Though she never denied it. That = closet, IMO.
- bump please
- still waiting for r165 to respond about Tommy Lee Jones. This is something I've never hear anywhere.
He does ping to me as possibly bisexual-in-college or when very, very drunk out on the range- in that very repressed emotional Brokeback kind of way. (Maybe it's his long eyelashes and small john wayne feminine hips) but no.
He has married three times- and bred some kids (which is no proof I know) and he just doesn't strike me as the kinda guy to give a fuck about what people might think of him -at all. I don't see him as a closet case for that reason.
- I remembered him from One Life To Live. I thought he was a great sexy actor will terrible skin. Which was sad, because he was very handsome.
- Cindy Crawford
- Taylor Lautner (again)
- Kristen Stewart (also again)
- Tommy Lee Jones' college roommate was Al Gore. Is someone going to mention Al as being gay too?
- Al Gore sounds kinda gay...
- Well, R190, I wasn't going to get into this, but there's a reason Al and I are getting divorced.
- Missy Elliott
- JP from 1Girl5Gays twittered several hours ago:
[quote] did whoopi just out george clooney on the view? #whatashock
Anyone who saw it care to comment?
- I heard rumors about Al Gore hooking up with guys over 10 years ago. And not on DL.
- Tommy Lee Jones fucked me at the baths when his career was getting into high gear. He fucked well but was totally impersonal afterwards.
- 196 is that a parody post? Funny, I would believe you if you said that it actually happened.
- Obama pings to me. Just sayin'.
- I have a shitty gaydar and many can fly under. But even my radar can pick gayness of-
- Just because I like Audrey Hepburn does not make me gay!
- Am I Out?
I Write The Songs That Make The Whole World Sing
- Fristen Stewart is the most obvious dyke
I've ever seen except she is learning how to cover it up better. I commend her for her progress. Wonder if she's happy?
- Am I the only one that wouldn't be surprised if Kristen Stewart were bisexual? I would be slightly surprised if she were straight but I don't think it is entirely outside the realm of possibility.
- "Tommy Lee Jones' college roommate was Al Gore. Is someone going to mention Al as being gay too?"
You should have seen all the hot sex we had at Harvard. Our motto was "If the dorm room's a-rockin'..."
- I've had gay rumors since the late 1950s when I lived with Brit actor, Terrance Stamp. I hung out with Olivier and played some gay/bi parts when it wasn't popular to do so. I have made some statements in interviews that could be taken different ways. R205 is convinced I am gay, but maybe because he has had a crush on me for years -- what say you?
- Click on r205's reference to himself, then again, until you see the window disappear on the lower right hand corner of the screen!
- Jake Gyllenhaal - 100%
- Alicia Keys ,Eve and Oprah.
- Please someone help Miss Bored at R207 get her tampon unstuck.
- Wentworth Miller.
Forgotten actor but closeted gay.
- Is Jake out? I forget.
- R178: my co-worker said when they attended NYU, Franco was a student there, and it was no secret to them or the other students that Franco was fucking women and men there.
- Kelly Clarkson
- Diane insist that she's straight.
Franco is an interesting person.
- R212, I have heard that repeatedly on the internet.
The way James Franco answers questions about his sexuality has always sounded very bisexual to me. Complaining about how it is always "gay or straight." Not saying he is straight. You know what I mean? (He also sounds very distinctly like a student who is interested in queer theory.)
- I agree with 202. K-Stew as the most obvious dykey thing ever. Learning to cover it up. Mentour must be J.Foster.
Thorpey pings to me too.
- [quote]Am I the only one that wouldn't be surprised if Kristen Stewart were bisexual?
No. The Stewart dyke stuff is a lot of wishful thinking by pudgy, sweaty baby dykes.
- [quote]No. The Stewart dyke stuff is a lot of wishful thinking by pudgy, sweaty baby dykes.
Then your gaydar must be on the off position. That girl is the dykiest thing going.
- Speaking of baby dykes, has Ellen Page made this list yet?
- Everything he does has a queer bent to it R215, not to mention the Queer Studies class in took in college. His short films, his short stories, all feature very queer themes.
Plus, isn't his boyfriend Vince Jolivette anyway?
- OK, I just have to set you right.
Bradley Cooper - Not Gay.
Jake Gyllenhaal - Not Gay.
Ryan Reynolds - Not Gay.
Chase Crawford - Not Gay.
Robert Pattison - Not Gay
The truth is most are not gay.
- R211 Frau invasion.
- If you had left Bradley Cooper off your list it might have been believable R221.
- I don't know where folks keep saying Chace Crawford is not gay. The boy hangs with a suspect crowd of guys, no major public acknowledgment of a "girlfriend" or rep for fucking the ladies...and industry folks have casually mentioned on various boards of his male hookups. Supposedly all you have to do is ask around LA/NYC enough and you'll find some. Again, just what I heard...but it comes up a lot, more often than not.
Anyone notice that 221's list are all the major masculine, heartthrob type guys... like somehow we can't have them.
It's always that way. The ones were are all told 'can't be gay/are not gay' are usually the ones that the ladies fall over.
How bout this... just because they may not be 100% gay, doesn't mean they are 100% straight.
- [quote]Am I the only one that wouldn't be surprised if Kristen Stewart were bisexual? I would be slightly surprised if she were straight but I don't think it is entirely outside the realm of possibility.
Mutual pals say Miss Stewart is indeed bi as is her bf Pattinson.
- R221's list are all people I wouldn't qualify as "absolutely" gay. They all seem questionable to me. Then again, I know next to nothing about most of them, I'm not even sure who Chace Crawford is.
If what R225 says is true than I have good bi-dar, they both give off a bi vibe to me.
- Stewart seems to me, fundamentally, a lesbian (like her mentor Jodie Foster), although I would imagine it's easier for a actress in her early 20's to use the bi label rather than declare herself straight up gay. She seems to be the type that will settle down with a woman once her career dries up (and be happier for it).
Pattinson strikes me as the bi one in that showmance.
- R221's list is that of someone who doesn't WANT these men to be gay or have had gay experiences.
The truth is dear, you're in for a surprise someday.
- Walter Mercado
Seann William Scott
Daniel J. Travanti
- I'm beginning to think about have the actors are gay. At least 30%...probably more.
- Please do, r229.
Here's the place for it!
- [quote] Eddie Murphy Jim
I always had my suspicions about ol E.M. Jim!
- I've heard that Eddie Murphy was hitting on Michael Jackson in the early 90s and MJ totally freaked out, but had to make a duet and a video called 'Wassup With You' out of thankfulness for Eddie who starred in 'Remember The Time'.
- Reading these lists, I've got to say that this generation's gays have lost their gaydar.
You do not have the supernatural power to WILL someone to be gay, simply because you obviously want to F&^k them, which is what many of these lists are.
- Honestly this thread has not been like that at all R234, it has been fairly restrained to stars who are probably gay.
I think it shows pretty well the meme that DL thinks all actors are gay is false.
- Seriously, who are you defensive about, R 234? Some mentioned might be wrong, but I haven't noticed any celebs listed based on nothing but hotness.
- Jeremy Northam.
- Ben Barnes
- Jesse Metcalf
- What about Nick Stabile? I saw him on some Lifetime or Hallmark film and he's hot. I know he's married and supposedly cheating on his wife with Kelsy Grammer's ex wife but any chance all that's a cover?
- If you post a name, post why you know as well. Duh!
- Cory Monteith
- Doubt there's enough bandwidth.
- Why would anyone have wanted Michael Jackson...with his face like that?
Remember when they were always complaining about Eddie Murphy's entourage and he explained that he didn't like to be the only black person on set. Did he really just want to be surrounded by his gay friends?
- Ryan Kwanten? Really? I believe it, but this is the first I've heard of him being "absolutely indubitably" gay.
I'd add anyone in the Colton Haynes/ Chace Crawford/ JC Chasez circle of friends to that list, including all three of those guys, Sebastian Stan (I think he and Dianna Agron have a mutual bearding situation going on), Shawn Pyfrom, Taylor Kitsch, Matt Morrison and Lucas Grabeel.
- I'd believe that R245. Dianna Agron always seems subtly dykey to me.
- That's been the rumor about her for a long time, pre-Seb, even. When they hooked up, it just confirmed both of them as gay to me.
JC Chasez is a smart guy in that regard, I think. He figured out that even if you're an unattractive has-been, you can still surround yourself with good-looking closeted C-listers if you throw a lot of lavish parties on South Beach and in WeHo.
Have we mentioned Alia Shawkat? She dated Ellen Page for a good long while.
- L Cunters, leave, you moronic, teenybopper, tasteless, vocal fryers.
- I agree R245
- This thread and most of the threads about all the rumored gay actors is pretty hilarious. Who cares who is gay and who is not?
Let these people live their lives however they want.
It's funny that every single famous actor has been mentioned on this site. Most of them aren't gay but some are. You haven't made it in hollywood unless their are gay rumors about you.
I'm a 22 year old closeted gay college athlete. I know how hard it is for me to come out of the closet so I can only imagine how much harder it is for a famous actor. Especially one who gets paid based on his looks and how many female followers he has. Just because someone did something in their past that may seem gay doesn't mean they are gay. Just because someone refuses to publically come out doesn't mean they are a coward or sellout. They are living their lives how they want. A lot of these dudes would lose some of their following and not get as many roles if they came out.
Matt Bomer is gay but won't come out in the public because he just landed a hit tv show and doesnt want to risk lossing viewers. That's his choice.
Just because Colton Haynes did and ad for a gay magazine doesn't mean he's gay. Simon Rex jerked of on a gay internet porn site and isn't gay.
The Matt Lanter thing isn't even probably originally from dude tube.
Most famous men nowadays are metrosexual. Most guys are metro now. I can't name a single person I know who hasn't been rumored to be gay. That's just life.
Obviously some of these dudes are gay, but if they don't wanna come out then I don't understand why people in the media like Perez Hilton are trying to force them out of the closet.
Just because 2 men are photographed together doesn't mean that both of them are gay and fucking each other. That's just absurd.
Two men (no matter if both are straight or if only one is) can be friends without them having to fuck each other.
Half of these dudes lives are hard enough without random people online speculating who is gay or not.
- I see Bruce Willis and Matthew McConaughy mentioned often, but I just can't see it. But I guess that's not the point of the thread.
Samantha Stosur. Svetlana Kuznetsova. Tommy Robredo.
- [R250],FACT : the posters who did the constant attack on these closeted actors here are heterosexuals. And most of them are driven by pure jealousy.
- @252... I'm sure a lot of the people replying are straight. And just mentioning people they are jealous of or who has done something even slightly feminine in a movie or interview. But what I'm more talking about is the people who make specific claims about people like Matt Bomber, Matt Lanter, Colton Haynes etc... These people, I'm gonna assume, are most likely gay as they know specific details or whatnot such as having scene the gay ad of Colton or Matt Lanter's apparent dudetube conversation.
- The think that amusses me is that sure some of these people are gay. But if they are gay and have slept with other dudes or conversated with dudes on gay websites then someone somewhere would have chat transcripts or make a video of the sexual encounter. As opportunistic as the world is today? If these dudes were gay, someone somewhere would come foward with proof or give anonymous interviews somewhere. I mean yes, looking at the facts.. Matt Bomber, Colton Haynes, and some others are pretty clearly, probably gay. But that makes them normal people living their lives, not sellouts or cowards because they won't come out. I think a lot of the gay men who call them sellouts are forgetting how hard it would be to be in the shoes of these dudes being in the public. Sure their are some out gay actors but they are on gay geared shows like glee or playing gay characters. They don't have the female following like Matt Lanter or Matt Bomber or Colton Haynes whose careers rely on this fact to further their careers.
If you go online you will clearly find that Matt Bomber is gay, and doesn't hide it. He just chooses not to comment about it in public. I think that's very respectful. Most importantly, it's his choice.
Just because you are gay and an actor doesn't mean you have to be a role model for everyone else. Some of these closeted gay actors are probabaly still struggling with their sexuality themselves. And to do that in the public eyes must be impossible.
It's no anyones place to criticize anyone for living their life how they want to unless it directly effects you.
Until someone come foward with undeniable proof or until these actors or actresses come foward and say so one way or another, it's just all speculation.
- And r250 proves that the closet cases have a very definite "type" of reply to these posts.
- Matthew McConaughy and Lance Armstrong had a rather public affair and when Armstrong was brought up to Matthew in an interview, he was almost in tears with his, "admiration?" It was really a bit odd. I could tell that they were having an affair while in Miami, at the time I was surprised that Lance was bi.
- Bruce Willis used to banged underage Aaron Carter:
"Bruce Willis bought Aaron Carter $1 million worth of gifts, a recent lawsuit by the teen heartthrob against his mother revealed. Willis’ rep didn’t return The Scoop’s calls wanting to know what prompted Willis’ generous bouts of gift-giving. . . ."
- Who is the guy from Glee that is suppose to be dating male supermodel Mat Gordon? Chord Overstreet I think, but there are no gay rumors about him, I only read that on the no defunct Fashion Forum.
- This thread suddenly has been invaded by posters with serious writing disabilities. I don't mean to be a grammar queen, but some sentences are impossible to follow.
Forget coming out of the closet, just come out of the football field and attend class once every so often.
Archie, Jughead, Moose, and the Gang
- I watched New Year's Eve last night. Judging by DL half od the cast is gay(Ryan Seacrest, Zack Efron, Jessica Biel, Lea Michelle, Sarah Paulson, Cherry Jones, Matthew Broderick, Hillary Swank)
Yet, in a movie no one's gay.
- R250, Does is seem more likely that everyone you know has been the subject of gay rumors, or are they trying to make you feel better?
- [quote]Have we mentioned Alia Shawkat? She dated Ellen Page for a good long while.
I thought she dated/was dating Michael Angarano, Kristen Stewart's ex?
guess he likes 'em dykey?
- Chord Overstreet isn't gay, he has dating Rumer Willis and Taylor Swift, he is currently dating Emma Roberts.
- "Chord Overstreet isn't gay, he has dating Rumer Willis and Taylor Swift, he is currently dating Emma Roberts."
I'm not sure that dating Rumer Willis and Taylor Swift is proof of heterosexuality....
- Chace Crawford isn't gay, didn't he date that older model, wasn't she some sorta soft porn model.
- I saw Ben wheeling his bike through the front door of the firehouse yesterday.
- What is going on here with those "It's mean to talk about closeted actors on a gay gossip site" bullshit? Also, the "nobody can be closeted nowadays" argument... except when it's a glass closet, that's completely possible of course!
Was this thread linked on a Twilight fanboard for some reason?
- Keanu Reeves had his picture taken in a glass closet, for Details Magazine. Was he trying to tell us something?
- any young hollywood actor who has been linked to Lauren Conrad!
- Kevin Connolly and Chace Crawford have been linked to Lauren Conrad...
- Garth Brooks
- I agree with R37.. in that it is complicated and not easy to say "I'm gay" because it means so many different things and is not really defined, so you worry how someone will see you or associate it. Maybe we are easing into a truly accepting society where it doesn't need to be said as often. I wish people just "knew" about me, I hate coming out at work, especially at a new job. I am not ashamed or hiding at all, I just hate the whole announcement and awkwardness of it.
- [quote]Keanu Reeves had his picture taken in a glass closet, for Details Magazine. Was he trying to tell us something?
I'M IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTION!
- First of all, this is "Datalounge" right? For the most part, a GAY message board that used to be/and still is mostly about gossip. (As the top of the page says, right?)
Second, why does someone having dated someone of the opposite sex or having been seen with them automatically mean, 'nope, they're totally straight'? Of course not...c'mon now, we all know better than that.
As for some of us, we're not discussing or listing people out of "wishful thinking" or mere attractiveness. Some of us know or chat with folks in the industry who have worked with/met these people/know their circle of friends...or we do our research as fans of these people, particularly those who have followed some of the younger guys (like Lanter, Haynes, Crawford, etc) before they hit it big and more info was out there before the legal team/pr coverups and crackdowns. That's all.
- It's damn near impossible to get any information about stars now. Info is guarded in Hollywood better, than in Washington.
- [quote]why does someone having dated someone of the opposite sex or having been seen with them automatically mean, 'nope, they're totally straight'?
Especially because 9 times out of 10, the only "proof" there is that they're dating is that they were seen walking down a street or a mall or into a nightclub together.
- I'm still hoping that Josh Bowman gives me a call.
- [quote]What is going on here with those "It's mean to talk about closeted actors on a gay gossip site" bullshit? Also, the "nobody can be closeted nowadays" argument... except when it's a glass closet, that's completely possible of course!
Because we periodically get dumped on by a glut of ungay-friendly Twilight fraus and actors PR flacks who turn into little nazis patrolling a gay board they have no business being on.
In a nutshell
- Alot of girls from fanboards come here and most of them seem to be repugs.
- R268 That's interesting about Keanu's photo in a glass closet. Yes, IMHO, he *is* constantly "trying to tell us something" in his interviews. How about his classic "No, I'm not gay... but you never know!"
- [quote]Have we mentioned Alia Shawkat? She dated Ellen Page for a good long while.
Did she? I thought they were just friends. How long as Ellen been with Clea?
- We know he had affairs with Geffen and Van Sant but I think he has a new love now, Tiger Chen.
- I don't think Ellen and Alia were together that long, but they're both dykes. Trust.
And I don't think we get trolled by real Republican fangurls. In my experience, they don't like to wade into waters where everyone doesn't fawn as much over the objects of their fixation as they do. I do think we get trolled by DL regulars pretending to be Republican fangurls, just to get everyone worked up into a lather. Example: that broken-English Luke Macfarlane is a "straightie" troll that shows up in every thread about him.
- Whoever moves or spends lots of time in Europe.
- I don't know if he's completely gay, but I do know that Franco is not straight. He operated quite freely when he was @ UCLA.
- R281 I've always assumed Keanu was gay too.
- [quote]Who is the guy from Glee that is suppose to be dating male supermodel Mat Gordon? Chord Overstreet I think, but there are no gay rumors about him, I only read that on the no defunct Fashion Forum.
Whoa, more on this please. I LOVE Mat Gordon.
Someone posted on a fashion forum they knew him via a male model circle they moved in and he supposedly had himself as 'gay' on Facebook though those things can be faked.
- As far as men in showbiz, I would say "assume gay until proven otherwise." Marriages, no matter how many, do not constitute proof.
As for closeted lesbians in show business, they benefit from the general public's Queen Victoria like refusal to believe that a woman would do such things with another woman, especially if they're pretty enough to get a man.
- Absolutely r290. I use that premise with every single actor/actress or entertainer - including Jack Nicholson.
- Whitney Houston is gay 100%
- Keanu seems sort of asexual to me, almost like he never slept with anyone unless they could do his career some good.
Does anyone know the story of the girlfriend, the one who died in a car accident? She had a stillborn baby, I think. But that was a long time ago. That never struck me as a sham. Yet, I'm sure he's had male lovers, including Geffen.
- Charlize Theron
- Christopher Meloni
- R295 = Kathy Griffin
- Is Ryan Kwanten trying to make a very loud nonverbal statement?
- Or how about this one? A t-shirt with a cartoon of a dog and it's tail sticking straight up and an upside-down musical note (which looks like a cock and a pair of balls about to fly into the pooch's hole)?
Am I reading too much into it? Is this a logo for something? Even so, it's a queer choice for a shirt. No pun intended (well, maybe a little). Oh, and this boy has a [bold]hot[/bold] body!
- Kwanten is modeling for Mambo a brand in Australia.
Hey, wasn't that the brand of Scorpius' whacky shirts on Farscape?
- Wasn't the word that Kwanten was going to come out? Guess he got cold feet, eh?
- It's a farting dog on the T-shirt, surely?
- [quote]It's a farting dog on the T-shirt, surely?
That's what we're betting the house fraus will see.
But we know better, don't we? wink wink
- The younger gay and lesbians generation are so repulsed by the gay world that they identify as bi or straight!
- [quote]The younger gay and lesbians generation are so repulsed by the gay world that they identify as bi or straight!
Unlike the older generation who identified as...
no wait, they identified as bi or straight, too.
It's not a result of repulsion, bub. It's a coping mechanism. When the rest of the world is out to get you, you choose to assimilate if you're not ready to deal with the heat.
- Bradley Cooper owns this thread.
- According to the amount of people on imdb that have seen him in gay bars: DJ Qualls.
Oddly enough, I found this out by double checking if Nikki Reed is bi.
- Bernadette Peters.
- hmmm.. Alia Shawkat with EP?
That makes the rumours that she was dating Michael Angarano (Kristen Stewart's "ex") even more suspect.
The only question left to ask is if Angarano is hiding something himself.
- Keanu Reeves actually posed for a picture in a glass closet, was he trying to tell us something?
- There's plenty of wishful thinking going on in this thread!
- Who is wishful thinking?
- Do people on George Clooney boards know he is gay?
- Come on, r295. You can't throw out Chris without tossing Mariska in too.
- Whoa, John Nettles is gay?
My mother's mind will be blown!
- That makes the rumours that she was dating Michael Angarano (Kristen Stewart's "ex") even more suspect.
The only question left to ask is if Angarano is hiding something himself.
Dating two lesbians certainly is strange.
- [quote]The younger gay and lesbians generation are so repulsed by the gay world that they identify as bi or straight!
They're not repulsed by the actual "gay world," they're repulsed by the media portrayal of the gay world, which would be more accurately described as the "[childish epithet posted by a bigoted tool] world" or the "gender role dysphoria world." Guys who are attracted to guys want no part of that.
- John Nettles died a few months ago.
- No he isn't 317. He is still very much alive
- Sorry. I was thinking of John Neville.
- Charlize Theron
She bearded for clooney back in the day too
- r316 speaks truth.
- What about Justin Bieber? Any serious dirt on him?
- Justin Bieber turned 18 last week.
- Ughhh LAMMMMMME!
- Here's a picture of Keanu in his glass closet.
- any dirt on jesse eisenberg.?i have never seen any gossip about him on here and i am curious.
- R327, the consensus about him here during discussion of The Social Network was that he is a dorky, insecure straight guy.
- I was just coming in here to ask about Jesse Eisenberg, too. Andrew Garfield seemed so flirty and enamored of him in all their press junkets.
Jesse pings pretty hard in interviews, but I haven't heard any rumors about him. Andrew Garfield being gay is a foregone conclusion, though.
- I think Garfield is gay.
- [quote]I think Garfield is gay.
Who will break it to Nermal?
- I love R331.
I think Andrew Garfield and his beard Emma Stone are both gay.
Would someone be kind enough to start a post about that, and/or a Jesse Eisenberg post? TIA!
- I like both Eisenberg and Garfield and wondered if they had more than a friendship.
When I listened to the extras on Social Network, I got the impression that Andrew was gay. I think they are both adorable.
- Jorja Fox, not that any one cares any more.
- I have it on good authority that Eisenberg lost his man cherry to Garfield.
- Actually, Jesse Eisenberg was long thought to be the subject of a blind item about an Oscar nominee who never really had women falling all over him who became quite the stud once he got his Oscar nomination.
I don't know him but when I have seen him around the city he always has a woman with him. He is extremely thin in person, and well, VERY Jewish, which sometimes is mistaken for being gay.
- R329, Andrew Garfield had trouble keeping his hands off Robert Pattinson at last year's Golden Globes too.
- Even if that gossip about Eisenberg once hooked up with Garfield is true that doesn't mean we are assuming he is gay. If anything it is saying the opposite, that Garfield is the only guy Jesse hooked up with.
- Andrew & Robert
- Andrew & Robert
- Andrew clasping his hands around Robert
- Andrew can't keep his hands off Robert
- [quote]Keanu Reeves actually posed for a picture in a glass closet, was he trying to tell us something?
Really? I never saw that. Maybe he was trying to tell something.
- Theron is not gay. Bi, yes.
She and Fassbender are currently fuckbuddies.
- Jesse and Andrew flirting at a press conference.
- How do you know, R344?
- Andrew Garfield is pinging all over the place every time he moves at that press panel video.
- Jensen Ackles
- Where's the evidence for that, R348?
- Aww, I think Andrew and Robert are super cute together. I used to like Robert with Tom Sturridge, but knocking up his beard was total overkill.
I laughed at the "VERY Jewish" being hard to distinguish from gay thing. It's so true, in both men and women. Andrew Garfield is a nice Jewish boy, too, BTW.
- Do you think Andrew is attracted to Robert in those photos?
- r335 MORE INFO PLEASE.!!! r332 yes agree completely.what do you guys think of the fauxmance and what is your opinion of jesse eisenberg.
- I am dying to know if Gerard Butler is gay?Is he and can anyone say for sure.Has he got a boyfriend named Charles?
- This message board is quite sad. On the first page of replies I counted over 8 actors that are clearly straight and or married. Keep on dreaming.
- R355 Because if a person is married to the opposite sex, they must be 100% straight.
Let me go ask Fran Drescher...
and a bunch of good Christian wives across America too...
- Kate Walsh
- Markie Post (Hillary knows, oh does she know)
- Gerard likes his anal hair pulled
- R355 = Michele Bachmann
- Megan Mullally
- Lee Pace
- Yosemite Sam
- like it R359?I LOVE IT!
- Chace Crawford, Julianne Moore, Logan Lerman, Zac Efron, Andrew Garfield, Jennifer Lawrence
- Richard Armitage
- Logan Lerman tries too hard to conceal his sexual proclivity.
- I know for a fact Julianne Moore is NOT gay!! Not a troll but I do actually know the woman. She's a straight Mom with a charming husband. Love this thread though.
- I was just doing a search about Anthony Clark - the comedian that was on Boston Common and Yes, Dear.
For some reason I was sure he'd spoken publicly about being gay, but I can't find anything online saying that he has.
But I did find the attached list which I rather like, although I'm not certain how accurate it is. But it nicely categorizes celebs into people that are openly out, people that are gay, but not openly out, and the people we wish were gay, but unfortunately are not.
- Ricky Paull Goldin
- Kevin Spacey is definitely gay. My mom had a threeway with him back in the eighties and it was only because he wanted to see her boyfriend naked.
- Ian Thorpe - very out
Being gay is becoming less and less of a big deal now. Some girls even brag that their boyfriends are bi.
- The singer from fun Nate Ruess; youtube their interviews he is flaming. Yet apparently says he's straight, though the band are down in favour for gay rights.
I see there's even a planted bearding showmance with Ellie Goulding - La Roux would have been funnier.
It's so disappointing that people feel they still have to do this to get their foot in the door. Some people can't pull off straight, don't insult us.