- I did not meet her, but I stood next to her on the street once. She looked like an 85-lb dried apple doll. Oh, and thin hair.
- What year was that, R1?
- OP, her eyes are amazingly beautiful.
- I've heard that she was so cold to Winona Ryder on the set of "The Age of Innocence" that Winonan thought she hated her. I've also heard that if you even mention Grease 2 to her in a phone conversation, she'll hang up on you.
- It was maybe two or three years ago. She's teeny-tiny. Like her shoulders were only a foot wide.
- haha r5. She talks about Grease 2 all the time, and that directors bring it up to her. She finds it hilarious.
- R5, doesn't everyone hate Winona Ryder? She seems to antagonize many people.
- It's true, R5, that Michelle hung up on Nana Mouskouri who had asked her about Grease 2, but to be fair to Michelle, Nana thought she was calling Maxwell Caulfield but mis-dialed and called Michelle three times in a row. Irritating!
- Thanks for the visual description, R6. I never knew she was that slight of build. How tall do you think she is barefoot?
- I've heard that if you mention Grease 2 to her, she will throw you into a grease fire. On the other hand, if you mention Batman Returns, she'll lick you.
- I liked her 'til she did that interview recently about plastic surgery as if she hadn't had any. She had a very major nosejob before she was in Scarface.
- Major, r12? It looks about the same to me.
- R2, Google says she's anywhere from 5'6" to 5'7 and 1/2". To me, she didn't even look as tall as that. So, so skinny. Little pencil legs.
- I saw her Catwoman costume on display somewhere and it was on an incredibly short manequin. I'm 5'7'' and I don't think it came up to my shoulders.
- R14, she definitely looks shorter than that. Maybe 5'4".
- [quote]I saw her Catwoman costume on display somewhere
- I did and then I died.
- I'm sure that many celebrities hate having fans excitedly come up to them. Michelle in particular seems like she'd hate this.
- She liked when a woman came up to her and said that she was proud of having small tits because of her.
Michelle hates being a beauty. She says that it's stopped her from getting roles. They always want her as the love interest.
- She did have a pretty major nose job, it completely changed her from being an average cute SoCal blonde to the gorgeous woman we know from the 80's and 90's.
- Re: the religious cult - it's never been named, just that it was some kind of quasi-religious, vegetarian cult.
- Interesting stuff, R20. Funny story about the woman who came up to her.
Does anybody know which roles she might've missed out on because of her looks? I can see how she'd hate to be objectified because unlike most Hollywood people she is not some vacant personality. Damaged maybe.
- R22, maybe they tried to get her to eat vegan cat food or something.
- R22, what the hell is that. Do they worship vegetables or something?
- Yes R25. The eggplant in particular.
- I wonder how many men she's had sex with. Forget the prostitute rumors, did she ever have a slutty reputation, or a casting couch reputation?
- Didn't Patricia Heaton call out Pfeiffer for lying about having plastic surgery?
I thought those two had a feud a while back?
- She's been married to David E. Kelly. She gets props for that. He's not exactly good looking, nor a talker. He's also not written roles for her, so it's not like she married him for the work. I don't think she's ever slept around to be honest. She's a bit of a feminist too.
- [quote]She's a bit of a feminist too.
Aren't they all?
- r28 Patricia Heaton is a fat, fascist cow.
- R13 must be blind.
- Definitely shaved down a few times over the years, but she was still good looking beforehand.
- Michelle is on the record as loving a bit of nip and tuck. She's had good work done, too.
- She's had cheek implants, too.
- Gorgeous eyes.
- r35, THAT is complete bullshit. She has not.
I can't judge from her high school photo. People have baby fat, and the shape of her nose is basically the same. People are so bad at spotting plastic surgery a lot of times. Those celeb plastic surgery web sites are a joke. They'll have a person smiling in one photo, with a none-smiling photo sitting next to it. Hey genius, smiling stretches your features.
- BTW, the photo that says "early 90s", is actually "early 00s".
- Her 1980s nose:
- I found the WHERE THE FUCK IS MICHELLE PFEIFFER thread, but the contents got deleted. Thank you, webmaster!
- Wow, R39 -- you don't usually see that much side-boob from the middle.
- When I was a kid I wished that Kurt Cobain had dated and married Michelle Pfeiffer instead of Courtney Love.
- She deserved an Oscar for her portrayal of Catwoman.
- What R42? That is a very weird combo.
- She never won an Oscar, right?
- When I was a little girl, I wanted nothing more than to be a cool rider.
- R37 is a fucking moron. She's had a very obvious nose job.
Pfieffer through the years.
Her nose in 1976 looks NOTHING like her nose in 2007 or 2010.
- Agreed R47. Obvious nosejob.
- That bitch... she thinks her shit don't stink!
- I think somebody here once mentioned her having had issues with her dad, something about growing up to be a nobody. Any more info on that?
- This is what her nose and face looked like before plastic surgery...as you can see, it was desperately needed.
- June 1993 during her acceptance speech at the 17th Annual Women In Film Luncheon, she felt the need to comment on roles certain actresses were taking.
Michelle began, 'So this is the year of the woman. Well, yes, it's actually been a good year for women. Demi Moore was sold to Robert Redford for $1 million. Uma Thurman went to Mr De Niro for $40000 and just three years ago Richard Gere bought Julia Roberts for -what was it- $3000? I'd say that was real progress.'
Both Demi Moore and Sherry Lansing, head of Paramount Studios, and producer of Indecent Proposal, were present in the room.
Michelle continued, 'Fortunately our values as individuals and women are not determined by our cultures but by ourselves. I know that I am here because many of you have been here before me creating my opportunity.'
- I found it. Heaton didn't say it was Pfeiffer, and she did apologize to Michelle.
Patricia Heaton still isn't naming names, exactly, but she is begging the pardon of fellow actress Michelle Pfeiffer after suggesting on TV that the 44-year-old star had a face-lift.
You'll recall Heaton told David Letterman last week that a "very famous actress" on the "cover of a big fashion magazine" was denying she'd had any nips or tucks - even though Heaton claimed to have interviewed the actress' plastic surgeon. Pfeiffer happens to be on the cover of the new Harper's Bazaar, where she talks about her fear of plastic surgery and Botox treatments.
Yesterday, Heaton said she was just trying to be funny. "In an attempt at being humorous, I made statements regarding an actress and plastic surgery that were completely fabricated," the "Everybody Loves Raymond" cast member told us. She added that it is "erroneous" to construe she was talking about Pfeiffer.
"I have since spoken with Michelle, and she has very graciously accepted my apology," said Heaton.
Pfeiffer's spokeswoman seemed satisfied with the apology, but warned: "This is serious. I don't want this to just be a joke that went awry."
- She gave Garry Marshall script notes for New Years Eve where she suggested her character fucks Zac Efron with a strap-on as the ball drops.
- Is anorexic.
- Who's tasted her sweet gash?
- Her nose in the 1980 film "The Hollywood Knights"...
- ...looks just like her "Scarface" nose, to me
- Her nose job was subtle (unlike, for example Halle Berry's nose job, or Angelina Jolie's). I think her original nose was perfectly fine. I guess she thought it needed a little refining.
- She's a cunt. She had her son's genitals mutilated.
- R62, is this your sole issue of interest? Would you be dead without it?
- [italic]I think somebody here once mentioned her having had issues with her dad, something about growing up to be a nobody. Any more info on that?[/italic]
Wow? Really? I've heard her mention him. I don't think I've heard her say much either way about their relationship. She did say that she was a handful growing up.
She did do drugs.
Is it just me, or does she come across as a woman who has a lot of demons? She is just way to quiet, and guarded in interviews. There must be some shady shit in the her past.
- Not true, R5. Winona said in an interview that she and Shelly bonded during filming and they would sing showtunes, particularly OKLAHOMA, much to the annoyance of Daniel Day Lewis.
- I saw a trailer for New Years Eve. She is the best looking woman in the film, however I do not understand why would she appear in such dreck.
- Unfortunately, being in the phony Hollywood game for so long wears on a person, even someone who was more 'real' and sensitive than most celebrities. She always seemed a bit uneasy about Hollywood, no wonder she is happy to be in crap in exchange for staying low profile and for the check.
- Is it true she's into coke or meth?
- [quote]Her nose job was subtle (unlike, for example Halle Berry's nose job, or Angelina Jolie's). I think her original nose was perfectly fine. I guess she thought it needed a little refining.
You are blind or a fucking moron. Her nose job is very obvious and falls into the same category as Sissy Spacek/Michele Lee/Calista Flockhart.
- [quote]You are blind or a fucking moron.
This early in the morning and you can't help yourself to spit your bile at people? You miserable, miserable creature. I feel sorry for you.
- R52, that makes me love her even more!
She was gorgeous in Batman Returns, she was stunning in White Oleander! yeah, I know...Mary!
Didn't Cher say she was a very difficult woman to get to know?
- That makes me love her more, too. Most actresses are afraid of rocking the boat.
- Years ago, while I was doing my laundry, a friend stopped by my house to return something I'd loaned him. He was accompanied by a woman he introduced only as "Michelle", without mentioning her last name. She was vaguely familiar, but in the "I've seen her around town" way. She was fairly quiet and polite, but her few additions to conversation were amusing. I liked her, especially since she volunteered to pair my socks.
Weeks later, I saw a photo of Pfeiffer on a magazine cover, and immediately recognized her. My friend still teases me about having a celebrity help me with the laundry.
I never met her again.
- what was your friend doing hanging out with Michelle Pfeiffer?
- She sounds like a doll, R74. But that must have been a really, really long time ago.
- They met at an art supply store, R75. If I recall correctly, she had asked him about his experience with brushes they were both looking at. One thing led to another, and they became chummy for a while- not especially close, but friendly enough to occasionally spend some time together. As far as I know, they've lost touch.
- I forget exactly when it was, R76; but a long time ago, for certain. It had to have been between spring of 1983 and winter '87/'88.
- I had a short term boyfriend who has known her since high school
He used to watch her house for her when she was out of town
He said she is SUPER private ,even her agent didnt have her phone number?? ,that he would invite me over to her house when he was house sitting,,but she would have to meet me first ,which I totally understood
This was about 1989 ,when she was really popular
He said shes a really nice person ,just very shy and private,scared to death about stalkers ,etc.
I met Dee Dee,her sister ,who didnt get the awesome looks ,but at certain angles could be Michelle's twin,dealt with being "the sister of" with a good sense of humor
She was very cool
- R71 you sound like you are a little too delicate to be on here Honey if your tampon gets this twisted perhaps you are on the wrong messageboard. Now run along and wash the skidmarks off your pajama jeans. Now run along you self righteous cooze.
- [quote][R71] you sound like you are a little too delicate to be on here Honey if your tampon gets this twisted perhaps you are on the wrong messageboard. Now run along and wash the skidmarks off your pajama jeans. Now run along you self righteous cooze.
I understand that you need to strike at someone. Miserable people tend to do that. I guess anonymous posts work best for a coward like you...
Obviously you deleted your cookies, R70. You are a sad person.
- Brush the crumbs off your tits R81. You seem a little "speical".
- I do not think "New Year's Eve" is going to be the best picture to "re-introduce" her to film-goers. But, "Dark Shadows" sure will be and I wish her the best on that one because it looks like it will do well.
It is hard for me to snark on someone who took time off of their own volition to raise their children. She did that at a rather high point of her fame.
- [quote]Brush the crumbs off your tits [R81]. You seem a little "speical".
I love how you use you misogyny to insult. What's wrong with you, really? I mean, you are not normal. Just curious...
- To the guy who's male friend had a connection to MF through art supplies: was your friend gay?
- Great gossip, R79. I can understand how a celebrity would be freaked out by a fear of stalkers. It seems perfectly reasonable to me. A few questions:
(1) Did you meet her sister Dee Dee in 1989?
(2) Is your boyfriend gay(just in case you are a straight female posting)?
(3) Any more descriptions of Michelle Pfeiffer's personality your ex boyfriend gave of her? Quirks, behaviors, emotions, etc.? What was the general impression you had of her based upon what he said?
- Listen up, r79.
This is very...very important.
Is your art pal gay?
- She has always pinged to me. I can see as a top. Maybe all the privacy has something to do with all that. Seems like she doesn't suffer fools, which is cool.
- [quote]To the guy who's male friend had a connection to MF through art supplies: was your friend gay?
Gay? Ohhhhhhh,yeah, R85; as gay as Gay Gayerson in a lavender tutu. Why?
- God I hate when flyover fraus like R84 derail threads with their bullshit. Run along and kick your mother in the cunt for not getting wire hanger in all the way.
- R86, here. Thanks, R89. My first two questions are not important at all, I just threw them in. I just wanted to know if she hung around gay guys, and if your acquaintance with her sister was from the same time.
But I'd still like to know about her personality. She strikes me as being a rather sensitive and hurt person, which is unusual and appealing for a star.
- [quote]God I hate when flyover fraus like [R84] derail threads with their bullshit. Run along and kick your mother in the cunt for not getting wire hanger in all the way.
Grow the fuck up, asshole. The only one polluting this thread is you, not R84.
- Please don't derail this thread, it's kind of interesting.
- That picture of Michele Pfeiffer pre-plastic surgery in high school has her looking a lot like Busy Phillips on "Freaks and Geeks"
- I still think Michelle's hiding something.
Dee Dee reminds me of a hooker. I don't know why. There is just something off about her. She looks like somebody who would be into drugs.
Michelle does come across as really shy, which is so damn weird for someone who knocks every performance she gives out of the park. She can deliver hilarious lines with little hesitation. I notice this with a lot of performers. They seem devoid of personality publicly, but in their films they steal the show.
Being that she is the most gorgeous woman in the world, I'd be surprised if she didn't have stalkers. She should have been the one having people shoot the President for her.
It's amazing that she said, (like a million others), that David E. Kelly is painfully quiet, and hard as fuck to get a word out of him. Maybe this is why they get along.
She is shit at choosing roles. The ones she turned down are infamous. If she had worked more, she'd be right up their with Meryl Streep. Pfeiffer obviously made a pact with the devil. She can do anything, and is drop dead gorgeous. It's funny that she hates her beauty, and is about the only person to complain about it, and not come off like a snob. People know that she's beautiful. There's no denying it.
I know she's a feminist, which makes me respect her even more. The woman is the handyman in her house for Christ's sake. I know someone who was in a yoga class with her, but said nothing. Michelle was sitting there with everyone else, like she wasn't a celebrity.
Anyway, it's amazing that this woman who looks like way that she does, has managed to keep tabloids, and the paparazzi at bay. People know very little about her, which again, brings me back to saying that there's something behind all of that. She can play psychotic on screen at the drop of a hat. She must be pulling it from somewhere.
Hey person who whose boyfriend house sat -- did you meet her? Did you stay in her house? I'd be going through all her shit. She wasn't married then, so I guess this was truly "her" home. None of that bullshit children's crap. All Michelle! She no longer lives in LA. She's got a farm, and a billion animals.
- She finally made the right decision doing "Dark Shadows"!
- I can't believe she was in that horrible TV movie with Ashton Kutcher of all people. She is so much better than that.
- r97, that went straight-to-dvd. It was not made for television originally. Then she had the "I Could Never Be Your Woman" film with Paul Rudd, that was never released, and went straight-to-dvd too. It was the first film she did after being away for a considerable amount of years. She just did another one "Welcome To People" that seems to never be coming out.
Since her "return", she's done:
2005 - I Could Never Be Your Woman (straight to dvd)
2007 - Hairspray (a HIT)
2007 - Stardust (a film that basically no one saw - FLOP)
2009 - Personal Effects (straight to television)
2009 - Cheri (FLOP)
Basically, she's been in one hit movie in the last 6 years, and she wasn't even the star, and I'm not sure how many people even recognized her.
Since 2009, she has done the following, yet to be released:
2011 - New Year's Eve - Dir. Gary Marshall, huge ensemble cast with separate stories, Michelle made herself look ugly.
2011 - Welcome To People - was suppose to be a big deal from a famous guy who had written his first film. Has not yet been released, and seems DOA already.
2011 - Dark Shadows - Tim Burton, released next year.
- I'm a pedophile!
- Do us all a favor, R101, and go back on your meds.
- Anybody else?
- I had a friend growing up who looked a lot like her. She's now about 500 pounds and covered head to toe in tattoos.
- R105, I wouldn't be surprised if she secretly dresses up like a cat, too.
- Even better: "Fats love cats".
- 100 posts and no one complained about "Who's Met..." in the title?
- her sister Dee Dee killed her BF whom everyone thought commited suicide. google it. I know the guy's brother and his family believes Michelle's influence helped get DeeDEE off
- R108, we were saving it just for you.
- R109, are you joking, nuts, or telling the truth?
- [italic]100 posts and no one complained about "Who's Met..." in the title?[/italic]
Who's = Who Has
What's the problem?
- [italic]her sister Dee Dee killed her BF whom everyone thought commited suicide. google it. [/italic]
- DeDee is such a ho.
- Father: Dick Pfeiffer
Mother: Donna Taverna
Sister: Dedee Pfeiffer (actress, b. 1-Jan-1964)
Sister: Lori Pfeiffer (b. 1965)
Donna Taverna? Is Lori an actress?
- Profile for "Aaronmarqua", whose father was Ron Marquette, who went out with DeDee Pfeiffer, and committed suicide:
18 years old living in the uk for now trying to get this absolute nonsense of my father killing himself out of the way dede pfeiffer she is the murderer i hope she reads this all i can say is that if it wasn't for your rich family your asss would be in jail where you belong lets just leave it at that shall we
People are claiming that he had drug problems. I'm sure DeDee does too. She's probably like Mariah Carey's sister.
- Ronny is said to have had HIV.
- Good find, R116. Very weird story. The guy allegedly killed himself in front of Deedee. Maybe she didn't do enough to save him or something or let it happen. Just guessing.
- DeDee (NSFW)
- What I want to know is what was Michelle's beef with her family, or perhaps her father in particular? I think I remember someone in an old thread saying that her father said she'd never amount to anything, maybe something about him treating her like crap.
Obviously she has some old wounds, which is part of what makes her one of the few interesting celebrities. I think the men she's been with points towards that.
- Totally r120
- r120, clarify please.
Are you saying she has good taste in men, or bad taste in men due to her relationship with her father? Your comments could be taken either way. I don't think she's been with any bad men.
- She clearly has horrible taste in men.
- ditto r123 and Michelle was always hard to warm up to by the audience. Cold bitch
- She went to my high school in Orange County and my history teacher had her as a student and hated her. According to him, she was a class bully who had a couple weaker students that she would pick on. She was constantly disciplined for tormenting other students.
I remember Pfeiffer mentioning in interviews how she was an angry hell-raiser when he was younger. At least she owned up to it. I assume that means she's changed in adulthood.
What's wrong with David E. Kelley?
- Good gossip, r125. Did he say anything else to describe her? Her being a bully makes me think she had some issues, maybe she was bullied at home, for instance.
- She had an affair with (hot at the time) John Malkovich when they filmed 'Dangerous Liaisons.' He was married, however, to Glenne Headley & their marriage broke up. Whoops.
- Michelle did in fact admit to being a discipline problem in her youth. I honestly can't see her being mean or unpleasant today. She seems so down-to-Earth, and kind. Not full of herself at all. I too, believe something happened in her upbringing. She really keeps things very basic when talking about her father. I believe she called him a disciplinarian. She got very teary-eyed this month when speaking about her mother, and how she encouraged her to follow her dreams. This was on the red carpet to an interviewer. She never really talks about her. I simply cannot believe the media has let her off the hook when it comes to her private life. She definitely made a pact with the devil. I seriously want to know the name of that cult she was in. Maybe that's why she's so quiet. Maybe she's afraid of them still.
- does anyone think she pings? or maybe that's just her tough girl showing?
- She should have won the Oscar for The Fabulous Baker Boys, but it went instead to that dried up gash Jessica Tandy as a career award for that horrible Driving Miss Daisy.
- Jessica Tandy is not dead. She faked her own death. She wunk at me at the corner of Park Avenue and 10th St.
- R128, John Malkovitch was certainly never 'hot'.
- Her dad Dick was a air conditioning repair man and he worked on my friend's AC and she said he was real nice, but very conservative!
- One of the most gorgeous set of eyes ever seen in Hollywood.
She's got ... Michelle Pfieffer eyes!
- r134, in families that a bit dysfunctional, they often don't show what they're like behind closed doors. Am I the only one who thinks Michelle has an eating disorder? I know she used to smoke, but smoking won't make you that thin.
She's always made fun of her duck lips.
I still have never understood how some actors are just natural at what they do. They can turn it on and off effortlessly. This is what's so maddening about Michelle. Most of the time you are either beautiful and talentless in Hollywood, or talented and a dog. She has it all, and she was never this over-educated being who went and studied acting for years. She did go and take classes, but she didn't devote her entire life to the subject. I still don't know how she actually got into the profession, but she did study under a known actress. She went to a community college for a year, and was a bag girl at a local supermarket for awhile. She doesn't come from a privileged background.
Does anyone know what her parents look like? I've never seen a photograph.
- [quote] Then she had the "I Could Never Be Your Woman" film with Paul Rudd, that was never released, and went straight-to-dvd too
I caught this on HBO a few months ago and wondered why I had never heard of it. It had tons of famous people in it, but it was indeed one of the worst movies *ever*.
- Funniest animated gif that's almost become an internet meme. Why is she making a face? Look at her daughter. lmao.
- R136, Kurt Cobain had both qualities, too.
- r107 well then tell that confused freak that gay men would NEVER go for that nasty gash!!
- r138 she has bored bitch face
- r137, it was all British actors, and was done in London. Even Tracey Ullman was in it.
- I like how her and the guy are taking turns chewing.
- R95, I have a few comments/questions about your post:
What else did your friend say about how she acted at the yoga class(besides not acting like she was a star)? Standoffish, kind, weird, etc.?
[quote]Michelle does come across as really shy, which is so damn weird for someone who knocks every performance she gives out of the park. She can deliver hilarious lines with little hesitation. I notice this with a lot of performers. They seem devoid of personality publicly, but in their films they steal the show.
Yes, acting almost seems like living a double life(especially regarding 'stars'). But sometimes it's like the false personality doesn't end when off the set. It really destabilizes the building of a core personality. It's got to be an odd life to have that light switch mentality.
[quote]She is shit at choosing roles.
[quote]he can do anything, and is drop dead gorgeous. It's funny that she hates her beauty, and is about the only person to complain about it, and not come off like a snob.
[quote]I still think Michelle's hiding something.....Anyway, it's amazing that this woman who looks like way that she does, has managed to keep tabloids, and the paparazzi at bay. People know very little about her, which again, brings me back to saying that there's something behind all of that. She can play psychotic on screen at the drop of a hat. She must be pulling it from somewhere.
What do you think she could be hiding from her past?
And yes, she is pretty private. I think there is an inner tension and intensity there that is very appealing, she is not a shallow person. My impression of her is that she is a person who felt denigrated, and maybe even has some old emotional wounds related to love or something. Maybe an odd family dynamic that still hurts her.
- Awesome gif:
- She was only 24 when she made Scarface. Not only did she give a great performance, but she looked and acted like a woman, not a girl. Why are all young women in movies looking like girls these days? Even actresses in their 30s act like girls.
- You are right, R147. It's widespread. I think there may have been some emotional issues earlier in her life that kept her from being light and carefree.
- My favorite part in Batman Returns is when she sprays, pounds, and then swipes away the dollhouse in a fit of rage.
I wish I could make a fucking mess like that when I'm hurt.
- Whatever her past, I know she:
hated Mel Gibson, early....(check)
made some really interesting risky script choices..... (check)
quietly adopted a black baby on her own and had to fight the the father who attempted extortion..... (check)
married, had another child, and moved her family out of hollywood..... (check)
has lived a very settled life as mother, wife and actress, in that order..... (check)
doesn't seem to need the attention to validate her life..... (check)
and, has a decent respectable body of work to show for her efforts
What's not to like.
- Her lawyer, Barry Kirsch, and Scarface producer, Marty Bregman, who she says are like highly influential father figures to her, strongly pushed her to adopt Claudia Rose.
They guilt tripped her.
- Her lawyer, Barry Kirsch, and Scarface producer, Marty Bregman, who she says are like highly influential father figures to her, strongly pushed her to adopt Claudia Rose.
I think they guilt tripped her into it.
- Her meow is legendary.
- Is she the type that is extremely weary of starstruck people coming up to her?
- r155 Pheiffer is an admitted bitch who has no appreciation for her fans
- R156, I can't really blame her.
- Yes, she looks great for 53, but why is she in this shit?
- I want to hear from the poster who is obsessed with her again.
- wow they both look awful in those pix! Her eyes are now uneven from surgery and he looks like the gayest (as a slur in his case) man on earth. Shame she's a moron. Any real actress would have parlayed the power she held into creating actual acting challenges for herself. She's settled into becoming the low IQ, boring, blonde, plastic, SoCal nothing, trophy wife she once ran from being accused of being. Waste of talent. Waste of luck. Will never see another movie she makes in protest and disgust. She's the woman who wins the million dollar lottery and spends it all on wine coolers and hair dye in a month.
- Pfeiffer was spotted hanging out with Crispin Glover at Exene Cervenka's (X) shop in Silver Lake probably fifteen years ago.
She's an ultrahip alternaqueen, an artist and outsider, under the bewitching Hwood beauty. Cali Garbo.
When is she going to play Joni Mitchell? Step on IT
- She was on Piers Morgan recently, but he was gone for the Diamond Jubilee and Sanjay Gupta did the actual interview. Gupta and her husbands are friends after having worked on a project together. He got quite a bit of information out of her, likely because she knew him before she went on the air. She never would have been on with Piers Morgan.
She has not had a face lift, but said she was not opposed to doing it later if she thought it was necessary. Similar comments to the ones that she made in the magazine article.
The only problem that I have with her is that she has become a vegan for health reasons because President Clinton did. Her rationale was that he was very smart and if he thought it was a good idea, she'd look into it. I don't think veganism is particularly healthy long term and I think Clinton looks bad. But I don't think she ever had an eating disorder. She is very disciplined about exercise. She said she doesn't like it but knows it is necessary. She said that anymore if she skips a few days, she starts to feel aches and pains.
Peter Horton supposedly got her out of a cult years ago, like maybe the late 70s or early 80s. He was her first husband. She never talks about it as far as I know. She admits being obnoxious in high school and a discipline problem. Maybe she just grew up.
- "She said that anymore if she"
Do you know English?
- R160, the rare genuine talents in Hollywood(actors, directors, etc) ALL become crap after having been in Hollywood around a bunch of flakes. None of them remain 'normal' and the talent disappears. They can't have it both ways.
- She's 5'6"-I know the lady who was her stand-in on One Fine Day. Pfeiffer apparently saw a movie in which there was an insert shot of "her" hands which were actually a hand doubles. They looked older than hers. From then on she demanded approval of every hand and body double. That sounds reasonable to me.
- Any other dirt, R166?
- She should've played Catwoman again after Batman Returns.
- What about this long-standing rumor that she was a (very high-range) prostitute early in her career?
- What about the movie called Into The Night?
I would like to know what she thought of it.
- Up Close and Personal was originally supposed to be a Jessica Savitch biopic. Had they gone with the original premise, Michelle would have secured the Oscar for sure.
- I think it's not really believed, R169. But there was a big info spill about Sharon Stone on DL recently that I do believe(that she was a prostitute). Check out this thread for some gold:
- How can anyone not love Michelle Pfeiffer? It's unheard of. I liked her playing the Beer Pong game on Jimmy Fallon. She seems more open these days.
- My friend liked her, R167. She said she and Clooney got along well but they both were frustrated by having to work with little kids the whole time. Clooney tried to pick up HIS stand-in on that!
- Thanks, R174.
- The plastic surgery queens insist that every pretty person had to be "fixed". Guess what assholes...some people are actually BORN pretty.
- more please!
- anyone else?
- Fun fact: Michelle Pfeiffer and Tom Cruise are distant cousins. "Pfeiffer" is Tom's mother's maiden name.
- Saw her in Westwood in the early 90s. She had no makeup on, greasy hair, sweats, leather jacket. Surprisingly not that pretty without hair/makeup/right lighting, about 5'5"; would not consider her a natural beauty. This might have been around the time of The Fabulous Baker Boys.
- R181, are you sure it was her and not her sister?
- I thought it was interesting that, when accepting her star on the Walk of Fame, a fan gave her a copy of the Simpsons Season 5 boxset (she played Mindy, a co-worker of Homer's who he almost had an affair with) the conversation went like this:
"Why would I sign that?"
"You were in it," said the fan. "Season Five."
Kind of strange that you'd forget something like that. I know it was '93, but maybe I'm just bummed because it was such a classic episode.
- I met Michelle Pfeiffer in the late 80s in NYC. I went bowling with a friend of mine, who had a friend that was friends with Dan Ackroyd and he brought Michelle along. She was very nice and down to earth and v-e-r-y thin. More recently a friend of mine who is a private tutor in California, tutored her daughter Claudia Rose about three or four years ago. Michelle and her husband David Kelley went to my friend's for dinner several times. My friend says they are very devoted parents, very down to earth and again, extremely nice.My friend has never said anything negative about her.
- I remember when she was the cashier at the grocery store that my Grandmother shopped at in the 70's. She was very nice.
- Westwood Queen
are you sure that you saw her??
- Interesting fact: Pauline Kael was the one who recommended Pfeiffer to Stephen Frears to play one of her signature roles, Madame de Tourvel in Dangerous Liaisons after Frears originally wanted to cast Kelly McGillis, and Kael was appalled.
- MP = Poster child for osteoporosis.
- Yes, I met her backstage at the SF Civic Center before a performance. She and Mama Cass were standing outside their dressing rooms talking when...
Oh. Never mind.
- I've met her too and she was very kind to me.
- Just saw her do an interview the Luc Besson film she's in. Her impersonation of Tommy Lee Jones was funny. People who worked on the set said that she had a wicked sense of humor. For someone with her looks, it's amazing how down to Earth she seems, not to mention actually talented, and was never some blond bimbo. I still can't believe she has opted for plastic surgery yet. She even has massive lines on her forehead. You'd think she'd be botoxed to death. She really looks everyday her 55 years. No doubt she had a nose job, but it seems that it stopped there. Wonder why. Big tits could have helped her, but she never got implants. Maybe all the time she took off, staying home got her used to looking like crap. If her husband wasn't a big wig in Hollywood, she never would have taken time off. He's her lifeline in the industry when she's out of it. BTW, how did he snag her? He must have a massive dick.
- [quote]I've met her too and she was very kind to me.
[quote]More recently a friend of mine who is a private tutor in California, tutored her daughter Claudia Rose about three or four years ago
Was the kid a total cunt?
- Has David Kelley done anything in the last 10 years? He was everywhere for a while, and then nada.
- R192 No, the daughter was a lovely girl according to my friend who helped her with college prep, I believe. The whole family was nice and down to earth.
- I took an autograph from her and she seemed ok, a little cold with us but I don't think she's bad.
- "While taking acting classes in Los Angeles, the insecure actress was lured by a seemingly friendly couple that operated a vegetarian cult where, according to Pfeiffer, some brainwashing did occur. She was rescued by fellow actor and classmate Peter Horton, whom she married in 1981. Even decades after her induction in the veggie cult, Pfeiffer refused to elaborate on the details of what happened."
- r196, exactly what it states. Her first husband basically saved her. He was also doing a film that had a cult theme, and flew her with him while he did research with experts. It was finally what woke her up. I believe she gave them most of the money she made too. She had stated that she didn't believe in men coming to rescue of women, but thank her husband for basically saving her life. Barbara Walters asked her about it in a 1992 interview, where she was the biggest bitch whoever bitched. She was obviously in a really bad place and was about to retire from the business. A few years later, she was her bubbly self. I don't see an ego when I see her in interviews. She accepts and jokes about her age. I find that a lot of actresses who know that they're good at what they do, have no issue with how old they are anymore, people like Meryl Streep too.
Michelle really looks her age in interviews she doing for her new film. I saw her this week. She looks really old on screen too. She said a few years ago that it's hard to watch herself on screen, not only because she thinks her performance is not up to scratch, but also because she's watching herself age on screen.
It's really strange to see an actress with serious lines on her forehead like she has. Gary Marshall said, as well as herself, that she hates being beautiful. Maybe it's some sort of rebellion. We're so used to actresses botoxed and fillers to erase their lines to the point where Photoshop isn't even needed. Seeing wrinkles and lines is shocking today. She took so much time off, I wouldn't be surprised if she just got into the habit of not caring about the way she looks. Apparently, she's really into carpentry. I'd say that you don't have to get glammed up for that.
She really does seem like an insanely nice person.
- Her sister is a train wreck.
- Has she ever been with women? I always thought there was something between her and Jessica Lange. Their chemistry was intense.
- I thought she had chemistry with Susan Sarandon.
- The film she was recently signed to directed by Tim Robbins, had her character falling for another woman.
- "Pauline Kael was the one who recommended Pfeiffer to Stephen Frears to play one of her signature roles, Madame de Tourvel in Dangerous Liaisons after Frears originally wanted to cast Kelly McGillis, and Kael was appalled."
Interesting. I always thought that Pfeiffer was one of the weaker aspects of LIAISONS - her anguish in the latter scenes seemed superficial (though I compared her at the time to the actress who played the role onstage and was riveting). McGillis could have been fine in the role - wonder what Kael's issue was.
I like Pfeiffer much of the time, but I don't find that she always has great chemistry with others. Jeff Bridges is an exception in BAKER BOYS, but there was zero heat between her and Daniel Day-Lewis in AGE OF INNOCENCE and with George Clooney in that rom-com they did.
- Michelle Pfeiffer strikes me as one of those actresses who have a very strong protective shell around them most of the time. Jessica Lange is another one. It's not necessarily a good thing.
- Why its not necessarily a good thing?
She doesnt trust easily, but can you blame her;
- She and Jessica Lange are best friends. I also found zero chemistry between her and Daniel Day-Lewis. I heard she dated him and Michael Keaton. She definitely has a sense of humor, but she seems so weirdly guarded. Jack Nicholoson said that she has really low self-esteem. Cher still tells the story about when the two of them went out to a club and no one would approach them.
For someone who comes across as one of the nicest people in the world, it's hard to believe she was a bully in high school.
- BTW, is she naturally thin? She says she has sat around and gained weight eating, then starts exercising again. She said she found out she had dangerously high cholesterol, which is the reason she went Vegan, which helped get it down.
She's stayed pretty much apolitical through her career, but right after 911, she did an interview with Charlie Rose where he tried to get her to admit to having traditional/conservative family values, which she admitted to, but quickly followed up that she and her husband were not conservative politically. I liked how she was quick to point that out, and came across militant on the mention. She supported Obama and was invited to the White House correspondents dinner. She presented at the Trevor Awards. She just recently talked about gay marriage, but you can tell she tries to stay out of discussing politics.
A gay man got her into the industry. I think he was a hairdresser.
She said that she was hardly at school but passed without issue, but that she's basically a product of the LA education system, which she said sucks.
- Pfeiffer was magnificent in Liaisons. She reminded me of Garbo. And Glenn Close reminded me of Norma Shearer.
- I love R207.
- Michelle Pfeiffer s one of the few actors to SWEEP all four major critics awards for a performance (Baker Boys) and still lose the Oscar.
She gave a speech to the Hollywood women's club in 1993 where she said
"Well, this has been a very good year for women. Demi Moore was sold to Robert Redford for $1 million. Uma Thurman went for $40,000 to Mr. De Niro, while just a few years ago, Richard Gere bought Julia Roberts for - what was it - $3,000? I'd say that was real progress."
- she is awesome
- Have the actors who played with her in movies said something interesting about her?
- I want to see that Tim Robbins-directed Pfeiffer lesbian movie mentioned above.
- Don't believe she's gay.
- She's too old to be that thin, she's starting to look sunken and ropey. She should gain 20 lbs
- Michelle Pfeiffer and Donna Mills look amazing for their ages.
- I haven't (can't!)read all 11 pages of this thread. Does anyone know the details about her Shakespeare in the Park experience in NYC years ago?
I didn't see it and don't recall the play, but an actor friend once told me the NY reviews were quite mixed, and a few were so cruel that she dropped into a deep depression.. then enrolled in some hardcore acting classes/coaching back in LA. She was already a well known film actress by this point.
I think she has grown a good deal as an actor.
- Complete this sentence: I love my husband because...
He's the most wonderful man I have ever met. He's kind, sweet, whole-hearted, humble, intelligent, funny, good-looking, incredible, an amazing father. I could go on and on...
- Amazing eyes
- Okay, so I Googled it.
She did TWELFTH NIGHT in Central Park back in 1989 with Jeff Goldblum (!) Can you imagine? I mean, a lot of fine film actors should never go near live Shakespeare.
I'm Googling the reviews now.
- [quote]What about the movie called Into The Night? I would like to know what she thought of it.
I love that movie
- I tried to watch Pfeiffer do Shakespeare in Central Park with that killer cast, first summer in NYC. There were huge lines, it was impossible unless you waited on line all day.
One negative thing I read about Pfeiffer's performance was it was difficult to hear her, that she wasn't projecting enough for an outdoor stage. I don't remember any serious criticism of her performance beyond that.
- I've met her a few times - We have a mutual friend. She's incredibly guarded. She didn't even talk the first time I met her.
She's very nice and very funny when she warms up. I'm 5'6" and she's maybe 5'4" and tiny.
- I just saw the Family yesterday (Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert DeNiro). It was entertaining mainly because it took place in a French village, but way too much gratuitous violence and a weak plot. The acting was good, Michelle looked good (but visibly aging), but really a very stupid movie.
- I just saw The Family, which was a crap film, but Pfeiffer looked fantastic. I mean, she looks her age - mid-50s - but still strikingly beautiful.
- I think Ryan Merriman and Jonathan Jackson double teamed her while they were filming Deep End of the Ocean.
- Does anyone know if she is planning to do a new movie?