- Jon-Erik Hexum
- David Oliver (AIDS)\
Spencer Garbett (suicide)
- Dean Paul Martin. Big time. (Google him and see for yourself).
- Merritt Butrick
- Somebody should have done a movie about Wallace Reid. He was one of the biggest stars of his era. He seemed to be flawless; a big, handsome, talented guy, a family man. He was very popular and the movie studio worked him to death, like it did with Clara Bow. He was given morphine to keep going and got hooked. His addiction eventually killed him although he didn''t die of an overdose. He wasn''t even 35 years old. %0D\
Russell Crowe would have been perfect to play him.
- Alessandro Momo.\
He co-starred with Laura Antonelli in two 70s Italian sex comedies, and in the original version of "The Scent of a Woman" (in the Chris O''Donnell role). He died in a motorcycle crash, 5 days before his 21st birthday.
- Pablo Santos.\
Mexican actor who appeared in American tv shows. Scientology member. Died in a plane crash at 19.
- Robert Francis was absolutely gorgeous in "The Long Gray Line." I like to imagine that he had an opportunity to play with Tyrone Power during breaks in filming.
- Ross Hill.\
Adopted son of the hugely popular (in Europe) Italian actor Terence Hill. Co-starred with this father in one film, then died in a car crash at 16.
- Shawn Phelan.\
Was in "Boy Soldiers" with Wil Wheaton. Had a car crash when he was 19 - died after a 4-year-coma.
- this father = his father
- Glenn Quinn\
Becky''s hot husband, Mark, on "Roseanne
- Mark Frankel. Rising British star, dead at 34 in a motorcycle accident.
- Bump for Spencer Garbett. Was he gay?
- Jeffrey Hunter
- I had no idea Mark from Roseanne died. He was the reason I watched that show.%0D\
Jonathan Brandis hung himself at 27.%0D\
David Strickland hung himself at 29.%0D\
Christopher Pettiet OD''d at 24.%0D\
I doubt they''re forgotten though. %0D\
- Ministry of Gossip: Zsa Zsa Gabor''s husband Prince Frederic von Anhalt hit by car
One Ass, Too Soon
- r17 - Clothing gets hung; people get hanged.
- Jonathan Brandis...sigh.
- Useless Trivia:\
Wallace Reid''s father in law was Judy''s grandpa (Harry Davenport) in Meet Me In St. Louis.
I know, Mary!
- Brandon De Wilde\
died in an auto accident in 1972 at the age of 30
- Thanks R18%0D\
It should be hanged.
- Brad Renfro
- Rodney Harvey (The Outsiders TV show, My Own Private Idaho)\
1967-1998 drug overdose
- Pierre Blaise
- Stephen Boyd
- Mark Frechette - 1947-1975
Frechette died in prison after robbing a bank. His acting debut was in Michelangelo Antonioni's controversial exploration of turbulent 1970 America, Zabriskie Point (1970). As Antonioni toured the U.S., experiencing cultural clash firsthand and shooting background footage, a talent scout saw Frechette, a carpenter, scream and throw a flowerpot at a woman on a Boston street. Antonioni immediately cast Frechette, a non-actor, in the movie's lead role: a college student, wrongfully hunted for the murder of a policeman during a campus uprising.
Throughout the filming, Mark Frechette and the director disagreed bitterly about the script, while Frechette had an affair with co-star Daria Halprin. After the film, she joined Frechette in Mel Lyman's Boston commune, which supposedly had previously turned Frechette away, but accepted him after he was cast in Zabriskie Point (1970). Lyman had been a member of the Jim Kweskin Jug Band. Frechette donated $60,000 from films to the commune. Halprin soon left the Fort Hill commune.
Frechette quickly starred in 2 Italian movies, then was arrested for a 1973 bank robbery a few blocks from the commune, in which "Hercules" Thien, 1 of his 2 fellow cult member accomplices, was killed. Frechette's own gun had no bullets. After his arrest, Frechette explained the bank robbery: "It would be like a direct attack on everything that is choking this country to death". In 1975, while serving a 6-15 year prison sentence, a 150 pound weight Frechette was lifting fell on his throat, killing him.
- Great thread. Billy Breymer, david michael morrison
- Soap actor Timothy Patrick Murphy of AIDS, 1988 - and his poor family. His brother died 9/11 working at the Towers.
- SEAN FLYNN (born May 31, 1941; disappeared April 6, 1970, age 28; declared legally dead in 1984) was an American actor and freelance photojournalist best known for his coverage of the Vietnam War. He started a news service in Saigon with John Steinbeck IV, son of the American author.\
Flynn was the only child of the marriage of Errol Flynn and Lili Damita. After studying briefly at Duke University, he became a movie actor like his parents. When he retired from acting, Flynn became a freelance photojournalist under contract to Time. In a search for exceptional images, he attached himself to Special Forces units and even irregulars operating in remote areas.
- Brad Davis%0D\
He passed on from AIDS. Some might remember him from "Sybll" or maybe even "Roots." He was in scads more things than that. %0D\
I am including a hot pic at the link for everyone.
- Sean Flynn was very close to George Hamilton. They grew up in Palm Beach, Florida and went to school together. Sean can be seen in several beach scenes of "Where The Boys Are." George starred in that film with Dolores Hart, Connie Francis, Paula Prentiss and Jim Hutton.
- Wow, awesome post R27 (Mark Frechette). Great reading.
- Beautiful blonde Steve Fox. What a hot ass!
- Mark Frankel was hot.
- Anyone who has seen Hud knows that Brandon deWilde is *not* forgotten.
- For all you listing Jonathan Brandis, you''ve heard all the crazy shit on the net about somebody claiming to be possessed by his spirit right? They post all over the net all this coo coo shit. %0D\
Let the poor boy rest.
- Peter Deuel
- Wally Reid.\
Hollywood Babylon has a picture of him "airing his basket." ( Couldn''t find it online)
- Merritt Butrick. Played "Johnny Slash" in "Square Pegs" and Kirk''s son in two of the Star Wars movies. Died at age 29 of AIDs.
- "Pete Deuel."%0D\
He shortened his last name to "Duel." He was so handsome and talented, but unfortunately also an alcoholic and probably manic-depressive. He was young, handsome, talented and a successful actor on a popular tv series when he killed himself at age 31 by shooting himself in the head. He was blind drunk when he did it, so maybe it could be considered accidental. %0D\
I never considered Brad Davis a "hot ass." He was short and tiny and his hair was so thin that he started losing it at a young age and had to get hair plugs. Plus he was an absolute train wreck; a drug addict, sex addict and alcoholic. His widow''s memoir of her life with him is a good book but hard to read; their marriage was a kind of hell on earth.
- Guido Mannari.\
played Macro in "Caligula".\
Italian stud (gay) who died at 44.
- Brandon Lee
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.brandonlee.eu/brandon_lee.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.brandonlee.eu/photos.htm&h=320&w=306&sz=19&tbnid=VEbC45DuplGhGM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=89&prev=/search?q=brandon lee pictures&tbm=isch&tbo=u&zoom=1&q=
- Barry Brown
- I fucking LOVED Peter Duel. Jim Hutton was hot, too. And Jeffrey Hunter.
- Wasn''t Brad Davis bi?
- "Wasn''t Brad Davis bi?"%0D\
He was a sex addict who would do it with anybody, male or female. His widow is a plain, large casting director named Susan Bluestein. She was thrilled to be his lover and later his wife; she had low self esteem and here was this cute guy who seemed crazy about her and wanted sex all the time. Trouble was, he wanted sex all the time with EVERYBODY. His mania was such that when he would come home after being out doing who knows what pounce on her while she was asleep. She put up with a lot from him; it was a very co-dependent relationship. %0D\
She insists he was not gay, although she does note that he got along really, REALLY well with gay men. %0D\
- Robert Francis only did a few films. He was killed in a plane crash at age 25 so he was just getting started. When he comes on the screen, it just takes your breath away.
- Ross Alexander, a Warner Bros. contract player who had some success but was a mess and shot himself at age 29 in 1937. He is of historical interest because immediately after his death Warner Bros. signed Ronald Reagan to replace him because Reagan resembled him somewhat and had similar qualities in his acting. Just think, if Alexander had lived, Reagan might never have been a successful actor and therefore never President. The mind boggles. Alexander is on the right in the photo.
http://www.doctormacro.com/Images/Flynn, Errol/Annex/Annex - Flynn, Errol (Captain Blood)_06.jpg
- Btw, I remember hearing somewhere that Robert Francis was rumored to have had an affair with Tony Perkins
- Robert Francis''s death was odd -- but not in a conspiracy theory way. He went up in a plane owned by a producer who also brought along his "secretary." The plane took off from Burbank airport and immediately got into trouble. There is a cemetery just south of the airport with a big wide drive, but when he aimed to land it there, he saw all the people down below, doing Sunday visiting, so he pulled up and then ended up crashing into a nearby factory''s parking lot.\
When the police and firefighters got to the wreckage, they found Francis behind the controls and the producer and his friend in the back seat. Francis had never before piloted a plane, but he had been the one who had flown it to its (and his) quick demise.
- Francis was one of those 50''s hotties cast more for his looks than his talent.
- Robert Francis. Yum!
- John Dall (probably best known for Hitchcock''s Rope)
- The beautiful Howard Rollins. He''d lost his looks by the time of "In the Heat of The Night," but we have his absolute perfection in A Soldier''s Story, Ragtime, and the TV miniseries KING.\
Here he is in a homoerotic pillow fight scene with Miss Paul Winfield ("MLK") and fellow King inner circle just before the fatal moment.\
For a brief moment we can see his glorious ass. First 3 minutes, before all hell breaks loose.
- A guy by the name of Brock Chester had just gotten his big break in show business by being cast in a 1969 TV series called "Bracken''s World." The powers that be decided to take the show in a different direction for the second season and Brock was out of a job. Depressed and from all accounts a victim of low self esteem for most of his life, he ended his life at 24 with an overdose in his camper van on the Pacific Ocean coast.\
He was extremely good looking but there are no pictures of this guy that I can find through Google. His IMDB entry is at the link.\
He was also one of the graduates profiled in the book: "What Really Happened to the Class of''65" by Michael Medved and David Wallechinsky. The book has several pictures of Brock at various ages.
- R.I.P. Joey Stefano.
- Kim Milford%0D\
- Besides Steve Fox and Joey Stefano, both already mentioned, another new thread could be filled listing the men from porn who died young. I agree about Fox. He was just ethereal.
- Trying Steve Fox again.
- Andy Whitfield from the Starz series SPARTACUS.
- Hey, did you forget me.
- [quote]Andy Whitfield from the Starz series SPARTACUS.%0D\
Can you not comprehend "Forgotten Hotties"??? How can he be forgotten when he''s being discussed in the news?
- bump for a great thread
- R1 nailed it. Jon-Erik Hexum was the hottest prematurely-dead piece of ass ever.
- I haven't read all 4 pages of posts but I'm sure someone has mentioned Brad Davis by now.
- Robert Drivas = died of Aids in the mid 80s. He shows his butt in The Illustrated Man in 1969 with Rod Steiger and Claire Bloom. He also has a small part in Cool Hand Luke, and a few other films.
The other young guy in Hello Dolly - Danny Lockin who played Barnaby. Killed by a pickup.
English actors who died young: Jeremy Brett, Mark Burns, Gary Bond, Ian Charlson (Aids), and those 50s stars Laurence Harvey, Stanley Baker and Stephen Boyd all died in their 40s, not forgotten though.
- Jon-Erik Hexum was fucking beautiful. What a tragedy that was.
- Phillip Holmes, a rising star during the 30's. Tall, muscular, blond and a talented actor. He was in the original "An American Tragedy" 1931 with Sylvia Sidney on which "A Place in the Sun" was based. He died at 35 in a mid-air collison after leaving Hollywood and joining the RAF during WWII. Look at Google "An American Tragedy" to see pictures of him.
- Phillips Holmes
- David Huffman, stage, screen (FIREFOX), and TV actor and husband of talent manager Phyllis Huffman. Played the gay brother of Richard Jordan's character in CAPTAINS AND THE KINGS miniseries. Killed at age 39. Here's an account of his tragic death:
[quote]It was the morning of February 27, 1985, and actor David Huffman was in his van, playing the bagpipes, in the parking lot near the theater. Close by there were shouts, an elderly couple by their motorhome yelling that somebody had broken into their vehicle, and Huffman looked up to see a young man fleeing the scene. David gunned his engine and followed the suspect, only to see him disappear into the foliage of one of the steep canyons in Balboa Park. Stopping his van and leaving it by the road in a red zone, Huffman jumped from his van and ran into Palm Canyon, chasing after the suspect who continued deeper into the thick growth. The suspect was momentarily held back by a fence, and Huffman caught up to him. The two men struggled and just a moment later Huffman was attacked with a sharp instrument, his chest pierced twice, and he went down. The suspect continued his escape. Minutes later, Huffman had bled to death, and his body was found an hour later by a group of schoolchildren on a nature hike.
- R67, Jeremy Brett was 62 when he died, so not "young" by any stretch of the word.
- OMG I remember David Huffman. Yes he was beautiful. He had just been in an episode of Newhart where he played Julia Duffy's old boyfriend and I think they dedicated the episode to him.
Anyone remember Larry Breeding? He was kind of an offbeat actor, strangely good looking and humorous. Again found out he'd died when he did an Eight Is Enough and they dedicated the ep to him.
Sarah Jessica Parker's ties to three of the young men mentioned in this thread, who all died of AIDS. 1. She 'dated' Timothy Patrick Murphy. 2. David Oliver played her husband on A Year In the Life and 3. Merrit Buttrick was her co-star on Square Pegs. I wonder if anyone has ever interviewed her about these beautiful men?
- Steve Jobs
- Freddie Prinze, Sr.
- Another vote for Robert Francis, killed after piloting a plane when he didn't know how to fly.
- Timothy Patrick Murphy, at R2, claimed to have an an affair with Brad Davis, at R31. Davis btw committing assisted suicide.
- Oops, that should've been R29 at R77.
- More hotties who died young, please.
- Lindon Hawk. Fuck I miss his ass. His death was so sudden and fucked up, too. Crazy how you can be here one minute and gone the next...
- Antony Hamilton -
That Cover Up show was the curse of death...literally.
- I had great sex with Tony. Movie star handsome, beautiful body, naturally masculine. Total bottom. He would have had a big career. The AIDS got him.
- River Phoenix!
- Paul Newman was never the same after the death of Brandon.
- It's been said but I'll say it again Jon-Erik Hexum. Gone too soon--he didn't get to show us enough of his body.
Like someone mentioned upthread Ricky Nelson and Rodney Harvey (My Own Private Idaho).
Rodney was in a TV version of The Outsiders on FOX and his equally beautiful costar Harold Pruett also died of an overdose.