- [quote]Simply ravishing. Is she aging exceptionally well, or does she have the best plastic surgeon in the world? \
Both. See Smith, Jaclyn
- I used to make fun of her for pitching drugstore lipstick when her own lips were so thin. Now I think she''s tremendous.
- Mine is the best!
- Admittedly she has aged nicely, but she has always been about beauty over her questionable talent. There''s no question that she''s a not talent.
- She''s never done a thing for me, then or now. I don''t know what people see in her. Maybe it''s her tits.
- She has great genetics. She probably also has great procedural help.
- Always hated her bland face, persona and acting ability, and she can''t sing, neither can Cybill Shepherd.
- You get a little taste of singing in the Maybelline mascara ad in which she''s "rehearsing one of her specials" (she had specials?). I wish I could find a clip of that ad.
- Found it!
- Lynda Carter is the definitive Wonder Woman. That makes her OK with me.
- She made some very unintentionally funny LifeTime movies.
- OP - I agree. I couldn''t tell how old she was and only had to go by the fact she HAD to have been in her mid twenties in the mid seventies. If you just ran into her on the street not knowing who she was - you''d just think she''s a beautiful woman.%0D\
She''s a wonder indeed.
- I''m disappointed that people are getting critical on this thread. Has Carter (unfortunately hilarious commercial linked above excepted) ever claimed to be anything more than a working actress with a very pretty face? I think she''s quite likable.
- And Lynda loves the gays.
- Lynda Carter was quite upset when Debra Winger trashed her and her (Debra''s) role on Wonder Woman.\
She had always thought that they had gotten along.
- Debra Winger is a hateful shrew who shits all over her fellow actors, particularly if they happen to be female.%0D\
She wound up with precisely the career she deserves.
- Speaking of the lovely and talented and much maligned Winger (who actually has talent unlike this Lynda person), I just ordered her cult film "Mike''s Murder" off Amazon.
- in the 80''s and early 90''s in Hwood, Lynda, Pam Dawber and Lonnie Anderson were known as "Johnnie''s girls", as in Carson. At every single restaurant in town where the suits and talent met, there was ALWAYS a table (the best one) ready should any of these ladies arrive. I always had a hunch Johnnie took them under his wing because he hated his wife Joanna and it was a knife in her back. There was nothing sexual about it, but he made it abundantly clear that his girls get the best table at all times, even with no res. and every single owner complied. Back then, you did not dare to piss of Carson.
- Carson was an overrated, bitter old alky-cokehead.
- I saw her sing at that amazing concert space in the Time Warner Center a few years ago. While her singing was ok, her patter was dreadful. Her face and body looked fantastic, but the one tell on her age was the hands (as it is for most people).
Still, she is super likeable
- Pam Dawber?!
Personality of spam
- Pam Dauber is the name I gave my bingo dauber.
That is all.
- One of my uncles dated her ages ago. %0D\
She is really simple and sweet and I guess she still is now?!%0D\
He said that she was hard working and not at all stuck up. He also said that she had a beautifully proportioned figure which worked well with her really tall frame.%0D\
My uncle was a ladies man. I barely remember his saying something about how she was told to not be all that open about being half Mexican. She did not seem to enjoy being placed in that position at the time at all. %0D\
That is all I got.
- R22, had I been drinking Diet Coke it would have been splayed across my screen!%0D\
I love Lynda, really, but I always feel a little resentful when someone who was a major drug fiend (as she was during WW) gets off with looking terrific later in life. It seems so unfair!
- More about Lynda Carter''s drug use, please!
- Lynda is a real beauty. I''ve heard her sing, and think that she is more talented as a singer than as an actress.
- I adored her as WW and as a celebrity back in the day. So much glamor, such limited talent, but leagues ahead of today''s so called stars.
- We always made fun of the way she said Moisturewhip. It sounded weird.
- In DC, people consider her "well-preserved."
- A few years back, I was going through some (very) old school stuff. In a notebook from the 4th grade, I wrote something about how Pam Dawber was my favorite singer.\
Did Pam Dawber sing?
- Margot Kidder hates Lynda Carter.
- r31, that was hilarious. The whole idea of "Margot Kidder Drag" kills me. What a world, what a world!
- I spent a summer at Ocean View, DE in the late 80s and would see Lynda Carter and her sister out jogging every morning on the ocean highway.
- I second your uncle R23. I was "working" with her about 20 years ago and she is just an Amazon with the most amazing figure.\
Thin arms, huge breasts, beautiful hourglass shapely waist and bottom, great legs. And TALL. I''m 6''2" and she was my height or higher in heels. \
However, her fashion sense borders on tacky and her husband is a dick.
- My partner sat next to her on a flight about 20 years ago and he said she was an anxious flyer, and as a result chatty and friendly. She was continualy offering him beef jerky, which she kept in her purse. %0D\
He would politely decline her offer.
- If you watch any third season WW, she is in a haze during many of her scenes. The schedule was punishing and she turned to coke and other drugs to keep up (and keep her weight in check.) There is also a major difference in her weight from the first season (baby fat) and later (heroin chic, though she wasn''t on that particular drug!)
- Is there any other kind, R11?
- Lynda Carter probably would have been called fat now.
- R22, I love you.
- From everything I hear she''s very nice so maybe it''s true that when you''re nice on the inside it shows on the outside.
- Lynda has also been in alcohol rehab. So, considering all she has been thru I think she looks great.
- Season 1 WW highlights
- I love her. I wanted to BE her when I was a kid.
- She is still gorgeous. Many a gay man were inspired and in awe of her in their youth. I remember a co-worker of mine when I worked at Toys R Us said she once came in to buy her daughter a Barbie Power Wheel jeep.
- Lynda aged better than Debra Winger.
- Gorgeous woman. I am surprised that she had problems with drugs and alcohol. I thought only health nut freaks get to hold on to their beauty (with a little help of a high quality plastic surgeon) at her age.
- Lynda singing with Tom Jones. Very cruise shippy, for lack of better terminology.
- Thank you very much for the dress ...
- I've seen both Lynda and Jaclyn in recent years on SVU and the both looked great. And neither had tat overly -lifted look the OP mentioned. (Acting wise, both were surprisingly good given the lurid, unsubtle material.)
Smith looked unbelievable several years ago on Shear Genius, but she was also very well lit. Still, she was over 60, I think, at the time and certainly didn't look it.
- Lynda in 2011 singing Queen
- So she still sings and makes appearances, correct? I thought she had settled for just being a Washington Wife. She and her husband live in Potomac, MD, which is one of the wealthiest suburbs in the country.
- She took some time off to raise her family, but she's back.
- is her pussy shaved
- Who the fuck are you queens trash talking WONDER WOMAN???
- OP goes up to Miss Carter and says "You have aged well."
Miss Carter says, "Who gives a fuck what you think."
- Circus of the Stars. Lynda on a horse
- I find that imagining a feud between Lynda Carter and Margot Kidder is much more hilarious than that tired old Meryl/Glen crap.
Let's get that going.
- Lynda accepting an award at TV Land awards for best superhero. A little plump here, but stunning.
- Lynda in an episode of Starsky and Hutch
- This thread is taking me back to the trainwreck that was 1970's tv. Circus of the Stars?? I'd forgotten that ridiculous crap.
- Lynda covers Barry Manilow:
- R60, I think Circus of the Stars was more early 80s, but I loved the campy feel of it. There's ones of Brooke Shields too.
- [quote]She is still gorgeous. Many a gay man were inspired and in awe of her in their youth.
Don't forget us Lesbians on that end, dear. We liked her as well.
Heck. When I was baby Lesbian I loved Lynda Carter because she had a body to die for and popped up on t.v. doing corny stuff outside of "Wonder Woman."
- R63 - especially lesbians. A body to die for and she kicked ass.
- Yeah bitches R63 and R64, but we wanted to BE her!
- LOL, R65, I spent many after-school hours jumping off my building's fire escape ladder (only a few steps up, of course), pretending I was Lynda as WW. Who remembers when ABC introduced Lynda's Wonder Woman to us via the first Olivia Newton-John special, prior to the series premiere?
- Thanks R66
So, which WW seasons were set in the 70s and which were WW2?
- I liked the episode when Ricardo Montelbon(sp) whistled and created an eclipse over Washington DC...
- Weird. About 20 years ago, my partner at the time worked for a furrier in DC and said that Lynda Carter came in to buy a fur. He said she was really unattractive up close, wore way too much makeup, and was a complete bitch.
Maybe he was just overly critical and she was just having a bad day.
Ever since he told me that (he came home with the story), I always thought of her this way. He'd met other celebrities before and had never had anything really negative to say about them.
- R67 Season 1 on ABC was set in WWII.
Seasons 2 & 3 on CBS were set in the 1970s.
R68 You're thinking of Tim O'Connor, the first Andros. The character was later played by Dack Rambo.
However, Ricardo Montalban was in the 1974 pilot for Wonder Woman, starring Cathy Lee Crosby. He played the villain Abner Smith.
- Thanks R70. I thought she looked better in the WW2 ones.
- Lynda's 1976 appearance on the Tonight show.
Orson Bean is also a guest, with a horrible toupee.
- She is one of many gorgeous older women.
- When I was six and my brother four we were walking with my mother and she asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Brother: An elephant! Me: Wonder Woman!
- her doppelganger
- No, just no, r75.
- Not quite R75
- Lynda singing Deed I Do.
- r76 and r77 are blind
- No they're not, R79. That chick looks NOTHING like Lynda Carter!
- Wonder Woman - Amazon Hot Wax (from season 3)
- She married some old corrupt DC Jew-lawyer who can afford to buy the bitch the best plastic surgery.
- An old story but one worth telling. The late female impersonator Charles Pierce once did a guest shot on "Wonder Woman". He was the subject of some fairly extreme behavior on the part of some of the crew, especially the stunt men. Carter found out about it, called a meeting and announced simply, "No one on this set will be belittled. We are all supposed to be professionals. Let's start acting like it." And that was that.
- She needs to release an album of high-quality dance music.
- I met Lynda Carter once and she was lovely. If she has had work done, her surgeon needs to win the Nobel Prize in medicine because you can't tell at all, and I saw her up-close. I think with her it must be more genetic than anything else. She could pass for early 40's and she's over 60!
I've never heard any drug stories about Lynda during her 'Wonder Woman' days but god knows in the late 70s she would have been in the minority if she never used coke. Lynda was an alcoholic for years, though, and got sober in the late 90s.
- She only has 8,400 followers on Twitter. There are spam bots with more followers than that.
- R87, she might well have used coke or other stimulants. She was battling her weight in the WW days.
- Does anyone remember what Debra Winger said about Lynda Carter? I know Lynda was asked about it in an interview a few years ago and she said something like "Debra has never had a nice thing to say about anyone, so why should I be any different?"
Lynda has always struck me as a class act. Today's skank parade of actresses could take a lesson from her.
- I met Lynda last year at a signing. She put her arms around me as the woman took our picture and then she looked at me with the most sincere look and thanked me for coming. I really felt like she was happy that I, someone she didn't know, was there. Really nice lady.
- Debra Winger was such a damn bitch!
Ck out how snarky she is when Letterman asks her about Lynda Carter.
By the way, Lynda's husband was found not guilty.
- Lynda's reply(on Larry King) to some of the snark.
- I loved that shitass TV movie she starred in I Posed for Playboy or whatever with that horsey bitch from LA Law and Josie Bisset. It has to be seen to believed, a real camp classic.
None of them come near to getting their tits out of course and at most are in raunchy underwear. But thanks to this pioneering movie the likes of Maxim were invented. Inspirational stuff.
- Next to Lynda, Debra looked short and dumpy.
- Actually, R95, next to Lynda, Debra just looked human. Good, but human.
- Damn, Lynda could rock those boots!
2 of my favorite ladies from the 70s....
along with Lindsay Wagner and Jaclyn Smith.
- Lynda's alcoholism was well known here in DC. DC always sucks up to Hollywood types for some reason. You'd think the people here who do waaaay more impressive and important things on a daily basis than a has-been TV star would have more dignity.
Lynda was very impressed with Bob Altman, her husband, that to her was the pinacle of a trophy husband. He ws only a few years older than she was and fairly attractive if you ike that type.
Altman came from a well known and respected DC family - his mom produced the local It's Academic. Not rich. But Altman got a huge boost as a young lawyer because he sucked up to and was mentored by the uber connected Clark Clifford - Mr Fix It lawyer himself and former advisor to many presidents.
The greed of the 80s and 90s got them both involved in more than lawyering and he got embroiled in the BCCI banking scandal. AFter the bank's collapse Altman had an infamous trial where Lynda sat behind him through most of it looking like she was on tranquilizers.
Greed always catches up in the end. Though he was acquitted of all charges at the trial, he had to agree to be banned from banking to settle other cases with the feds. So there went his respect and his money and pretty much his law practice. He had a LOT of DC friends so at least some of them must have stuck by him and helped him get work after. He's not a lawyer anymore.
I personally thought he was guilty as hell. She is beautiful and with a bit of help has stayed very attractive - her height helps with her weight. But her talent is minimal - she really cannot sing all that well. Her fans adulation is almost bizarre.
Listening to her butcher Freddie's Crazy Little Thing Called Love is cringeworthy. Like turning Bohemian Rhapsody into a Lawrence Welk polka number.
I remember an article that described her Potomac home's grand foyer adorned with trophy cases in tribute to her TV, stage and beauty contest career. Tacky tacky tacky.
- Link not working R97
- Lynda is a known bisexual but always monogamous with whomever she is with. She is a very loyal half-latina.
- Damn, I guess if it has a watermark, it can't be used.
Pic is from the 70s and shows Lynda and Chris Evert at a muscular dystrophy fundraiser. They're sitting on a couch and Lynda has a little girl in her arms.
- I remember that the media thought the jury was way too enamored with Lynda and wondered out loud if that had anything to do with the not guilty verdict.
- r46, wine and certain pills have been known as a preservant , but she also had a nice personality. Nothing will destroy a pretty face than a cunt attitude . You got that gay men???
- Oh she did not do At Last did she?
- Just listen to the samples at the link R104 posted. She is a terrible singer. Who is humoring her with these albums?
- She is a mediocre talent it's true. Her singing is just kind of flat but I give it to her for at least singing without all the effects. She is a true beauty and what a body. Genetic lottery winner no doubt.
I love this ad of her emerging from a pool. Perfections!
- R106 perfection.
- Hard to beat her body in a bikini in the 6th pic down.
- I thought she looked fabulous in the picture above that one.
- By all accounts, Lynda was sweet and happy to be in a popular show.
The reports of difficulies, as with Fawcett and Sommers, came from managers encouraging demanding Diva behavior. "You're the star! Threaten to quit!" You deserve more money!"
Fawcett quit on her contract (and was successfully sued) and Sommers got fired. Their characters were replaced
Lynda was smart. You can't easily replace Wonder Woman, especially as she was so identified with the role.
- Linda is performing this weekend at the Catalina Jazz Club in Hollywood.
Also has shows coming up in New York City and Washington, DC.
- She looks a little skinny in that bikini pic of R108
- Hard to lose with Wonder Woman on your side...
2:57 and 9:35 marks
Why she even gives Evert's mom a smooch.
Oh, Jimmy Connors looked dreadful with that beard(7:12). Nasty!
- Wow Lynda looked gorgeous watching tennis.
- She looks like my third grade Language Arts teacher that everybody said was a witch.
- Yummy! Keep em coming.
Bobby Riggs is so disgusting. For a minute, I thought that was Woody Allen.
- Lynda was much more gorgeous than the blondes of that era everyone made a fuss over.
- Diana turning into WW
- New pics. Lynda at 61.
- She is fabulous. That is how it's done. If she's had plastic surgery, I'm sure she has, it's subtle you can't even tell.
Heard her on Frank DeCaro show. She is soo nice, I believe it's genuine but she is pretty boring. Super sweet though.
- If the WW producers had been smart, they'd of brought on Julie Newmar to play the Cheetah.
Can you imagine those two statuesque divas going at it?
- [quote]they'd of
- Holy Shit....
Lynda looks great.
- R9 I just watched that commercial...I remember it from when I was in junior high, an impressionable young girl...watching it made me really nostalgic and sad for when things were so much simpler...I mean I LOVED Wonder Woman but it was a pretty bad show, and that commercial was pretty cheesy...yet back then it fit right in to what was commonplace on television.
And R17 can I please come over on a chilly Friday night, we'll make some popcorn, keep warm under Gramma's crocheted brown, orange and yellow afghan blanket, drink Pepsi made with real sugar and try out each other's Bonne Bell lipsmacker flavors?
- OK here's my non-qualified opinion of Linda's age-defying beauty, based on my obsession with plastic surgery procedures (I am preparing for some work in the next 2 years and I have studied a ridiculous amount of photos of before and afters, etc)...
I'd bet she had upper and lower eyelid lift, definitely botox, lipo under her chin, probably a laser skin resurfacing or chemical peel (Several over the years), probably a nonsmoker, light drinker, healthy eater (didn't yo yo diet), works out regularly but not a runner (they get that gaunt, flabby runner sag face). My bet is swimming and yoga.
- R125 - It's well known that Lynda hit the bottle for a long time.
- She looked pretty good on Anderson Cooper after all these years.She's still a wonder.
- R126 Hmmm I'll have to dig around for pictures of her pre- and post-sobriety....she definitely does not look like she drinks heavily now...
- Holy SHIT I just searched a bunch of images of her...she DEFINITELY had work done...definitely a face lift and lipo, fillers too...but whoever did the work was AMAZING...definitely upper and lower eye job too.
- R128 - She doesn't drink heavily now, but she did for a long period of time & she always looked amazing.
- There was a rumor in the 90's that she got fucked up and dressed up in her Wonder Woman costume. I used to work with people who lived in her town, Potomac, MD. I didn't believe it but she was kind of a joke and everyone had a laugh at her expense. It's good to see her back on her feet looking fucking amazing and singing cuz she doesn't really give a shit. She loves the gays too as we know.
- How did Debra even get cast as Wonder Girl? She's supposed to be an Amazon like her sister... Debra looks like a midget next to Lynda.
- Does anyone else thing Lynda and Melissa Sue Anderson have very similar faces?
- I always loved it when she changed into her swimming outfit.
- No R133