- He seems like he sold his soul to the devil..\
All his pics is him with a blank face.
- No, but the guys that run WeHo Confidential are Barebacking meth heads.
- Does anyone have any of these deleted photos saved? I think I might have one or two.
- Wasn''t he Jakey''s bf?
- Here''s one of Henry with Corey Spears..\
- I found one where Henry went swimming with Corey:
- I dunno, dahling. He nevah sucked my kryptonite.
Talullah Jorel Bankhead
- I find it very concerning that in recent years celebs (Tom Hardy, Luke Evans, Colton Haynes) with a documented gay past step back into the closet or (in a case like Henry Cavill) just erase their public connection to gay friends for career purposes. This reeks of shame and homosexuality being a weakness and liability.\
It''s also an insult to the general public''s intelligence and the assumption that people have such a short memory span that they don''t remember anything before what is being told to them right now.
- True, R8, and I think we need to send a message to people like Henry Cavill that we won''t tolerate this. I used to like him, but if this is the way he is going to behave, I won''t be seeing his movies anymore.
- I found another one. He has his arm around Corey in this one:
- Here''s another one:
- r8,What''s interesting is their publicist is gay themselves..So why are they hiding their clients in the closet?
- $$$$, R12.
- I imagine scrubbing the internet is standard operating procedure for Hollywood publicists now.
- Anyone notice that in the photo at R10, Corey has his arm behind Henry''s head?\
That''s kind of the way couples pose.
- Dozens of pics with Corey, it seems, but not ONE photo that I can find with his fiance, Ellen Whitaker (although there are plenty of Ellen with her horse).
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:*&q=henry cavill Ellen Whitaker&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=9375l9375l0l9578l1l1l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi
- I am just amazed at how naive some of the people who are commenting on both the Luke Evans and now the Henry Cavill threads are acting. %0D\
You would think this is the first time you ever heard of young actors erasing their naughty pasts and bolting the closet doors in pursuit of money & superstardom. This shit goes back to the earliest days of Hollywood & it is never going to end. %0D
- Is Henry really engaged to a woman, R16?
- Who cares really? I''m gay as a goose and if there were pictures of me touching that little piglet, I''d deny it as well. Gross. %0D\
Cavill is hot. He should be more discrete on whom he pityfucks.
- r17,It''s the first that it''s been very obvious...especially the Luke Evans situation.
- What r18 said. It looks like the old Hollywood rule still applies - Actors can do what they please in their private lives - just don''t spook the horses.
- Henry Cavill Engaged to Ellen Whitaker!
Still No Photo Taken Together
- [quote]You would think this is the first time you ever heard of young actors erasing their naughty pasts and bolting the closet doors in pursuit of money & superstardom. %0D\
Since when is being gay equated to having a ''naughty past''? Cavill, at least, hasn''t opened the closet door himself; Evans, on the other hand, did and should be held accountable for his own public statements and if he denies them, asked what is so shameful about being gay in the film industry?
- r17, I think it''s about the sad realizations that it still happens nowdays where people have easy access to information and files on the internet and their harddrives on which they saved images, articles and media files. It''s the whole "Who the fuck is he (and his PR handlers) fooling? NOT ME!".\
The luxury of "inside" knowledge wasn''t there in the, say, Golden Era of Hollywood and the mainstream public was easily deceived by Hollywood and its PR machinery since the general public had no previous knowledge about their big heartthrob star hustling or sleeping his way up to land a movie role. Sure, some selected few has personal experience of seeing a big star like Rock Hudson in a gay bar or were fortunate enough to be invited to some private party, but the opportunity to share it (anonymously) on a big scale like nowdays was not possible back then.
- Henry's fangirls are catching on with the weird engagement
They are getting suspicious:
"I'm side eyeing the fact that she released this on her website...AND the fact that she gave a newspaper and interview about her relationship with Henry right around the time he announced he got the role of Superman."
"i'm with you totally. There is something odd about all this, the guy has a publicist s why hasnt this announcement come from him, that is what his publicist is for right? Yet she posts it on her website and then its picked up everywhere even though nobody looks at her site seeing as though she isnt famous, so WTF??? This stinks IMHO and knowing what we do about her, this will not end well."
"I mean, I wish him to be happy and all...but it just sounds shady"
"it really does, even the most private of celebs use their publicist for official announcements, at the end of the day SHE is posting it on her site and IMO has leaked it to the press too, if he is ok with that then why not an official announcement, he is more high profile now that is how its done, I juts fond it really hard to believe he would propose to a girl that he hasnt known all that long, true, they have been "together" for just over a year, but imagine how much time they have actually spent together in that time, I bet it isnt a lot as she is always away doing her showjumping and he is all over the world working- and he proposes? not lives with her first?? Would he be that stupid?? It is weird."
"This sooooo much. The man has been private all this time prior to meeting her and now his business is all over the web!!! This will not end well"
"i remember that interview, it just seemed way too personal and show-offy."
"And its just strange how Henry hasn't said a word about his relationship..I think all he's said is that he has a girlfriend...yet, she does that? Weird."
exactly, usually people tend to keep their business to themselves
"which is why this is rather odd especially the title 'Ellen get's engaged to Henry ' on her actual site
I'm judging so hard right now ! :p"
"Something in the milk ain't clean!"
"Yeah, it is weird. He's never even mentioned her in interviews either. The only thing that he's said is that he has a girlfriend. That's it."
"That's my biggest problem. I mean from all accounts Henry is a private person so putting on the website the day after it fucking happened is fucking tacky. "yay we are engaged let me log onto twitter"
"Also thought it was weird that it was the day after he asked wouldn't you like wait a little inform your close and outer family members and friends before telling the rest of the world...that's what I thought celebs did..."
- [quote]Since when is being gay equated to having a ''naughty past''?\
Since the dawn of Hollywood.
- To be fair R25, ONTD is chock full of chubby faghags (it''s about 30% gay guys and 70% their hags) who want him, and every other guy they know they can''t fuck, to be gay.\
(Not that I don''t buy he''s gay, mind you).
- r27, They don''t imply that Henry is gay but that his fiance is a famewhore and is using him..I think he''s gay and the fangirls are clueless.
- He''s looking at that guy kinda funny but I think he''s just an ego-maniac, at least most actors are.
- [quote]Since the dawn of Hollywood.%0D\
Where not at the dawn of Hollywood, when homosexuality was illegal in many states and accepted by none as normal. We live in a world where gay marriage is actually legal and where being gay is not something people need to feel shame about.
- This entire thread is infested by the meth addict WeHo "bloggers."\
You''re just sad stalking cunts.
- [quote]There used to be a ton of them, and now, not one. Don''t you think that''s a little coincidental? That all of the photos of Henry with a bunch of gay guys have totally been removed? we don''t know... we think there''s something to expose here. \
Well, we wouldn''t want people to get the wrong idea, would we? Like the possibility that he''s gay or something? People might think that where there''s lots of cock, there''s a cocksucker!
No, No, Noooooooooo
- It''s not about the police, R30. It''s about the box office.
- R30, marriage may be legal in some states but women want to go and fantasize about a guy like Henry Cavill in all 50 states -- especially when he''s playing a hunky hero like Superman.\
They want to be Lois Lane to his Superman; if they suspected he was out sucking cock or taking it up the ass that would kill the fantasy.
- "Where not at the dawn of Hollywood"\
Substitute Grammar Troll: crystal meth is bad, mm-kay, OP?
- Is he cute? Then yes.
- How cares if Cavill is gay or straight? He will make a fine Superman.
- "Cavill, at least, hasn''t opened the closet door himself; Evans, on the other hand, did and should be held accountable"\
Yes, you are right that unlike Evans, Cavill never said he was gay and then tried to run away from it. But if Cavill is getting people to delete photos of him with gay friends, then he is doing something similar and needs to be called out on it.
- Another pic of Henry before he became well known (he''s in the back):
- He looks anything but butch in this pic!
- I assume Henry Cavill is gay, but if he isn''t he is the most gay friendly straight guy ever. Lots of straight guys have gay friends these days but his social circle was literally nothing but gay men.
- Cavill isn''t gay. You do know that the majority of the human race is straight, right? Geez.
- Idiot at R43, did you even read this thread?\
There is a specific reason why people think Henry Cavill is gay.\
Even DL acknowledges that most people are straight, we gossip about ones who give us reason to believe otherwise.
- r43 is the person who has his panties in a bunch over the London riots--keeps talking about how the English are pussies. It''s interesting when you forget about trolldar and then you see the crazy across several threads.
- Please-this old tired queen begs your forgiveness,but who the hell is Corey Spears? He looks like Perez Hilton.%0D\
And Henry Cavill looks a lot like Matthew Bomer and for that reason alone I say ''gay''!
- r45 is pathetic beyond belief.
- I don''t believe he is gay for the simple reason that he would never have been cast as Superman if he were.
- That site also spotted Taylor Lautner drunk in a gay bar\
Taylor "Gaylor" Lautner: Drunken Mess @ Tigerheat\
So this past Thursday sources claim to have seen none other than Gaylor Lautner (star of Twinklight) being a drunk mess at TIGERHEAT. Gurl, she was stumbling all over the club. This is usual for a movie star with a tanking career, but so soon???\
Taylor honay, please lay off the ''roids, and it''s about time you check into rehab before your ass is getting DUI after DUI after DUI like so many of these closeted homos in Hollywood. GET A GRIP!
- Yeah, I''m with R46, who is this Corey Spears person? Talk about random!
- I disagree, R48. He got cast as Superman because he was basically the worst guy for the part. He looks nothing like Superman. They probably knew the movie would bomb! lol
- Yes, Trolldar is fun. Click R49.\
somebody''s obsessed/ Let''s see. The meth addict who''s shilling for that deranged blog?\
- r52,Umm... I don''t own that blog You can investigate me all you want I''m not him. Go ahead,sir.
- [quote]Please-this old tired queen begs your forgiveness,but who the hell is Corey Spears? He looks like Perez Hilton.%0D\
He''s an "actor" who''s had a grand total of 5 roles.%0D\
- [quote]I don''t believe he is gay for the simple reason that he would never have been cast as Superman if he were.\
You''re right! Who in Hollywood would cast a GAY Superman? I can''t think of one person. Nope. Not one.
- Routh is not gay.
- But Singer is.
- I own the blog that started this thread on Cavill which I am reading for the first time. Obviously my site has touched on a subject that a lot of you have an opinion on. The writer of this specific post is actually an out celebrity who felt the need to make a point. \
I personally think Cavill is a pussy for having the photos removed with his gay "friend" regardless of his sexual orientation & I feel the same way about Colton Haynes who has been brain washed by Hollywood agent Tyler Grasham!\
Anderson Cooper has a boyfriend & so does Zack Quinto. They should come out and be role models instead of hiding in the closet like cowards.\
And the comment about meth & barebacking are cute but untrue. I am an advocate for condoms & am champion of the tweakers project. \
I personally could give shit about gossip but obviously 56 comments later.. there''s a market for it!\
- [quote]Henry''s fangirls are catching on with the weird engagement \
Says the fanboi.\
You probably live for posting "First!" on gossip sites.
- "Cavill is a pussy for having the photos removed"\
It looks like we were able to find some of the photos on other sites and post them on this thread, so I guess they aren''t all removed yet.
- R58 Don''t let some of the bitches on this site bother you. If they don''t like gossip, they shouldn''t even be on the damn site.%0D\
So tell us, what rumors have you heard about Henry? In your opinion, do you think he''s gay?
- That pic at R41 was taken at East/West Lounge in West Hollywood, according to the menu.\
It''s a gay bar that recently closed.
- The boy who appears in the photos that I have seen via this thread is a semi-known gay author. I don''t have any proof that he''s gay as of yet. \
A lot of gay actors have gay friends & their photos get circulated and the straight ones seems to be proud of their gay allies. The one who have agents who know their STAR is gay freak out and will put pressure on someone like Corey to take the photos off of facebook to avoid the "negative pr".\
In other words I believe he''s hiding something but I am not in the position where I have done enough homework to say that confidently.\
On the other hand...\
Taylor is Gay\
Colton is Gay\
Zack is Gay\
Maybe Cavill just sucked gay cock to work his way up the ladder and now he can be straight again. Who knows but we''ll probably get to the "bottom" of it all soon. Judging by the crossed arms & facial expressions in photos I would bet that he is gay or he is emulating what he thought was cool at the time.\
- r63,Thank you! I hope you stay in datalounge! We would love more weho gossip from you!
- R63 Thank you so much for your take on all of this. As I said, ignore the other idiots on here. The rest of us appreciate the gossip.%0D\
I would also like to know this: What do you think of the fact that he got "engaged" not long after it was revealed he got Superman? Do you think it''s strange that not ONE picture of them TOGETHER has surfaced yet if they are supposedly a real couple, along with the timing of it all? Since you''re around the Hollywood scene, do agents really set up bearding relationships to make people look straight?
- R64 = WeHo blogger''s meth dealer
- There are so many in the glass closet in Hollywood! They live their lives openly, but still hide it from the public. Could you imagine the impact they would have if they came out? I''m not talking those heavily in the closet bearding, but guys who are obviously gay and even partnered. Why can''t they come out? It''s not like it''s a big secret anyway.. they could be role models and show that gay people can have careers and be successful too, and that being gay is nothing to be ashamed of. Guys like Zachary Qunto, Colton Haynes, Jim Parsons and Matt Bomer really should come out. Sadly, I know that won''t happen, at least not until their careers are over. sigh..%0D\
Anyway, thanks for the gossip, R63. There''s been too little of that here lately, I appreciate your posts!
- So then, obsessive queens like you could continue to stalk them and obsess about their gay lives?
- Weho blogger, Anymore info on Taylor Lautner? You seem to know for certain that he is gay.
- Dear God, r69/r64/r53/r49/r28/r25/r20/r12/r5/r1...\
Try not to wet yourself.
- r70, You seem to be obsessed with me..I love it!
- Yes, finally someone (albeit a complete stranger in the form of text) has noticed your pathetic existence!\
- R67 "Guys like Zachary Quinto, Colton Haynes, Jim Parsons and Matt Bomer really should come out"%0D\
The question is...HOW?%0D\
1-Going public "People! I''m gay!"%0D\
2-Showing off their gay partner 24/7%0D\
3-post/updating their gay activity/sex life on medias%0D\
You queens are getting so desperately ridiculous.%0D\
And repeating the nauseating excuse "I''m sick of all these closeted actors acting as if being gay is bad blah blahh.."%0D\
Why? Do actors in their closet makes your self-esteem any lower?%0D\
- R48, that''s so not true. Bryan Singer had no issue casting Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and countless other actors who are gay in Hollywood get a variety a big, superstar parts. Male and Female. Don''t forget, Kevin Spacey & Jodie Foster have 2 Oscars a piece, Bradley Cooper is a leading man now, Kate Walsh is still on Private Practice. Trust me, they get the parts.
- Look guys, as posted countless times before Hollywood has NO problem with hiring closeted guys (like Hugh Jackman or Taylor Lautner who pretty much live in a glass closets) who have the intention to stay closeted (for career purposes). Yes, for some it''s semantics, but Hollywood still is wired that way. \
Closeted actors are perfectly fine while out gay actors are too much of a liability for the expected mainstream success of the movie or TV project. That''s the general opinion in Hollywood. Yes, of course there are exception of this rule, but to this day sadly they remain exceptions.
- Ever think that some of the allegedly "closeted" actors are actually outed (in a non-provocative way), they assumed that people know what they are, so they don''t feel the need to provocatively showing off anything more. Some people have class.%0D\
I''m not talking about bearding with women and Luke Evans cases.
- All I know is his ass looks delicious and it would be a shame if it were going through this mad crazy world unappreciated.
- [quote]The boy who appears in the photos that I have seen via this thread is a semi-known gay author. I don''t have any proof that he''s gay as of yet.\
If you''re talking about Corey Spears, I do: he''s gay and open about it, and we have a couple of mutual friends. He was in "The Journey of Jared Price," a gay indie flick, about a decade ago, in which he played the title character. I''m surprised more DLers don''t know about it, given that it''s basically wish-fulfillment DL-troll masturbatory material (hot, innocent chicken gets seduced by creepy old queen).
- The Journey of Jared Price was an indie movie project by Dustin Lance Black. Now, why does this name sound so familiar? Hm.
Why do I have that sudden urge for milk and getting fucked bare?
- You aren''t gay R67 so obviously.%0D\
- Frankly, I don''t care, or get personal with an actor''s life. I''m more interested in seeing a good film, and could care less if he''s gay or not, or in or out. That''s his personal business, not ours.
- R81, I must ask: WHY ARE YOU HERE???
- Shut-up, r82! I''ll post where I damn well please!
- "I don''t believe he is gay for the simple reason that he would never have been cast as Superman if he were."%0D\
Huh? Matt Bomer would have been Superman if Brett Ratner hadn''t been replaced by Bryan Singer on the last Superman movie%0D\
- "they assumed that people know what they are, so they don''t feel the need to provocatively showing off anything more. Some people have class."%0D\
Being open about being gay isn''t "provocative" and how is it "classy" to be in the closet? No one expects straight people to hide the fact that they are straight - if straight people can talk about their boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, and wives without being attacked for lacking class, why can''t gays be open about being gay without being bullied by people like you?%0D\
"Frankly, I don''t care, or get personal with an actor''s life. I''m more interested in seeing a good film, and could care less if he''s gay or not, or in or out"%0D\
Why are you posting on a gay gossip board, then?
- [quote]Shut-up, R82! I''ll post where I damn well please!\
My point, dear heart, was that about half the threads on DL involve speculation about a given celebrity''s sexual orientation, so if you don''t give a shit about celebrities'' "personal business," then why are you surfing a gay gossip site that is basically ABOUT celebrity personal business?
- R85"being open about gay isn''t provocative and how is it "classy" to be in the closet?"%0D\
Well, we simply can''t demand that every gay to be as open as Sir Elton John. "Classy" I don''t mean by being in the closet, but by sparing their private life. It''s their rights to choose to not sharing it with us.%0D\
What if some of those we think are ''closeted'' isn''t gay? Not wishful thinking but theres always 0.0001 possiblility in everything.%0D\
Being openly talking about girlfriends/boyfriend still isn''t that easy for some famous gay person, it''s very different from straight people, like it or not.%0D\
And who said that straight people can talk about their girlfriens/boyfriends WITHOUT being attacked of lacking class, accused of being a famewhore...and bearding?? You people are such a bully! lol kidding.%0D\
- And you people won''t buy (sep superhero) character if played by a gay actor, but moan for actors to come out? How open-minded!
- Now that we''re seeing all flavours of closet case games I have to say I wish these guys, like Cavill, would just leave the photos. It''s when they go around trying to make things disappear that it gets really vile and distasteful. Cavill''s situation is so different from Evans'' - no one has interviews with Cavill screaming about big fat cocks and his huge gay pron collection - he could''ve just let things be and stayed discreet.\
I prefer the "gay friendly" version of closet cases to the one''s who project their shame out in the open.
- Next actor who will go back in the closet...\
- That is so bullshit, 67. Saying you''re gay is not the same as saying which guy you last had sex with, or even mention if you have a bf/partner. There are many actors who are gay, but still protect their privacy by not discussing their love life. Luke Macfarlane comes to mind. He is gay but he chose to be private about his love life. It''s his decision, and I totally respect that. At least he had the guts to come out.%0D\
Again.. saying you''re gay is not the same as announcing who you had sex with yesterday. Why can''t celebs simply say "I''m gay, but I choose to remain private about my love life," would that be too much to ask for?
- [quote]The question is...HOW? 1-Going public "People! I''m gay!" 2-Showing off their gay partner 24/7 3-post/updating their gay activity/sex life on medias 4-???Famewhoring?\
Most low key non fame-whorey way to do it is just to mention it in passing when interviewed.
- There were gay rumors about Christopher Reeve and Brandon Routh, too. \
I think the primary difference is that those two men were exceedingly handsome, yet oddly asexual. \
Henry Cavill is exceedingly handsome and very, very sexy. Is that the problem? We want Superman to be more Ken-doll-esque? Great looking, but neutered?
- Unfortunately, R73, Cavill doesn''t look at all like Clark Kent/Superman. He is too femine, his face is too feminine and he is too short. He does not have that masuclinity that Superman is supposed to have. I was extremely disappointed when I heard he was the choice for the role. Yeah, Cavill is a good actor, not denying that. I don''t have anything against him per se, I actually like him, and I think he was amazing in The Tudors. That doesn''t make me change my opinion though.. I still think he''s all wrong for the part. Which is why I won''t see the movie when it comes out.
- Who on earth is that fugly, chubby, non entity Corey Spears?
- Jim Parsons is out, you fucking morons. He thanked his boyfriend when he won the Emmy and has made a public statement.
- Speaking of Superman, I applied to be an extra in the film and I haven''t got a call back! BOOOOO!!!!
- Why was East/West Lounge closed?
- We tend to staple the "closeted" label to the foreheads of wrong ones, the ones that are actually outed but remain low-key ( that seems closeted to some people), and the seemingly gay ones but actually aren''t.%0D\
Talk about real closeted case, I doubt that we would be as open if we are in their shoes, esp when we are fully aware that we lived in the world where nearly 90% of heteros (with half of them are homophobes) still ruling, and knowing that a promising career is ahead of you.%0D\
And you can''t blame the actors whenever you feel bad about being gay, It''s up to each individual.
- "He thanked his boyfriend when he won the Emmy and has made a public statement."%0D
He didn't say the guy was his boyfriend - just mentioned his name without stating the role this guy plays in his life.If he were dating a woman, he wouldn't be coy about it.%0D
"And you can't blame the actors whenever you feel bad about being gay"%0D
People like you are the ones who feel bad about being gay - the closet defenders.%0D
"I don't mean by being in the closet, but by sparing their private life"%0D
Sparing us their private life? You're an idiot. Merely mentioning that you are gay is hardly the same thing as going into details about your personal life. If a straight guy says he has a wife no one accuses him of bombarding us with details about his personal life. So why can't gay people say they are gay without being accused of giving too much information? Straight people do not hide the fact that they are straight. Period. As long as gay people continue to treat their sexuality like a dirty secret, the public will continue to treat homosexuality like a dirty secret.
- R100 FYI, I''m straight woman, have a male cousin who is gay and wanted to pursue his dream to be a local recording artist. We both lived in a country where the public viewed homosexuality as a sinful abnormality and should''t be associated with. You can call me "idiotic closet defenders" or whatever you want...%0D\
I encourage people to be proud of what they are, but at the same time I do understand the obstacles some people are facing. It''s easy for those whose career is NOT in the limelight, to be out and proud.%0D\
I believe that some closeted actors know that people know, and let the speculation goes on without having to open their mouth. It''s indeed impactful once they make a declaration "I''m gay" and may hurt some people''s interest in them and limiting their role-offers, compared to of just being a reserved "mystery".
- [quote]He is too femine, his face is too feminine and he is too short. %0D\
What is your definition of ''masculine''? A gorilla? Cavill is 6''1", which in Hollywood terms is a giant. Most male actors are under 5''9''.
- "I''m straight woman"%0D\
That explains a lot about your cluelessness.%0D\
- Is Henry a top or bottom?
- I''m a woman too and think Henry doesn''t look feminine at all. He''s beautiful.
- R104, not all gays are into anal
- R106 But the majority are.
- I guess with the thread about that other British actor going back into the closet tells us it doesn''t matter who''s gay today; they can always be straight (or, yeah, ''bi'') tomorrow.\
They''re all straight; they''ll never sleep with me.\
But I''ll always smile when I hear the name B.J. Routh
- Henry Cavill smoking with Jonathan Rhys Meyers
- When I first moved to West Hollywood YEARS ago, Henry was a waiter at restaurant. I think it was off of Santa Monica & La Brea and even then my friends and I thought he was gay. He''s rather subtle though...until you saw him at [...] with his uber gay posse. He had lots of greasy hair and they were always outside near the gate because he always smoking.
- Everyone who has ever played Superman has had his cock in another man''s mouth at one point or another!
DL conventional wisdom
- Well, he''s obviously a smoker, R110 as you can see from the pics of him with Jonathan Rhys Meyers, above.\
But years ago before he was on "The Tudors" he used to post on his message board that he wasn''t gay but that he was gay friendly.
- R110 is actually pretty credible. Henry is fairly young....to young to be saying he was a waiter YEARS ago, but nonetheless--he was a waiter. And he "dated" Jillian Michaels!
- [quote]When I first moved to West Hollywood YEARS ago, Henry was a waiter at restaurant. I think it was off of Santa Monica & La Brea and even then my friends and I thought he was gay. He''s rather subtle though...until you saw him at [...] with his uber gay posse. He had lots of greasy hair and they were always outside near the gate because he always smoking.%0D\
I don''t doubt for a moment that he''s gay, but how could he have worked at a restaurant in the US when he''s a British citizen? Foreigners don''t get work permits to work in the US unless it''s for a highly-skilled position or a position where there is high demand (nurses, doctors, etc).%0D\
In any case, tell us more about how he used to act when he was at [...]? Do you think his "engagement" to his "fiance" is fake?%0D\
- R113, I think R110 is right that Henry was a waiter in California quite a few years ago. A number of years ago simply means about 7 or 8 or so. And that''s probably when Henry was there, before he got a regular role on "The Tudors".
- [quote]"Something in the milk ain''t clean!"\
LOL. I can just picture some chubby fangurl using this mid-western proverb !
- R114, don''t British actors work in the U.S. all the time?
- I had rumors?\
- I feel so ignorant, but who is Corey Spears and why does being on his facebook make you gay?\
Anyway, Henry can cum in my mouth anytime he wants.
- Wasn''t Jillian Michaels his "girlfriend"?\
How did Henry Cavill ever meet Jillian Michaels in the first place unless he lived in LA where she resides and works? So R110 story sounds legit.
- Foreign actors get what is known as an artist''s visa. It allows you to work in non-artistic roles (it''s basically a temporary work visa that you have to be sponsored by an agent or manager by). They''re not that hard to get. I know a British actor in NY who is a waiter and that''s how he gets to work. (He wasn''t able to work in the years before he got it.)
- This "Corey Spears" is obviously looking for money. %0D\
Now I don''t agree with Cavill being in the closet, but it''s obvious that this guy is bitter because he knows he will never land another man as hot as the one he had (IF they were even in a relationship, which is debatable) and he has decided to try and ruin Henry''s life.%0D\
It''s pathetic. We are our own worst enemy at times.
- R120, I think it''s been verified that Henry used to work in L.A. I don''t think that part is made up.
- R122 What the fuck are you talking about? That Corey Spears guy didn''t do anything wrong except post pictures of him with his friends on Facebook (something people do all the time), and one of those friends just so happened to be Henry. And this was before Henry was ever really famous. As soon as Henry did start becoming well-known, he took the pictures down and he hasn''t said a word about him. So what the fuck did he do wrong?
Try making sense
- Luckily most of the photos are still available.\
I think they were posted earlier on this thread or one of the others
- 122, you are singlehandedly decrying an entire community of gay people as ''our own worst enemy'' based on some Facebook mishap? %0D\
And how do you know they were not in a relationship? Why is it ''debateable''? Unless you are under Cavill or anyone else''s bed anthing goes, they could be anything. %0D\
- [quote][R104], not all gays are into anal%0D\
I know, I keep telling everyone that but no one ever believes me.
Tom Hardy, that''s ''Bane'' to you, miss roid-face.
- What "entire community of gay people" are you talking about, R126?
- R124 How did the website know that he had pictures of Cavill up in the first place? Do they just go through random people''s websites hoping for a scoop?%0D\
Also they refer to him as "our friend".%0D\
- R129, fans of actors can easily find photos today
- R240 here:
R250- of course he lived in Los Angeles that's how he got noticed. He used to wait tables here.
For everyone else; if you can't read in between the lines at him "dating" Jillian Michaels, then you're a fool. Look at history, his unyielding desire for privacy, his former posse, the scrubbing of the internet for old pictures. The answer is right in front of you. He isn't some enlightened fag stag.
- This is why straight people don't want to hang around gay people. You cannot hang out with a couple of fags without the entire gay community proclaiming that you're gay.
- Uhh yeah he's gay and deeply closeted. Isn't it rather obvious?
Like someone else mentioned there are A LOT of
- R134, what are you trying to
- That should read, "Like someone else mentioned there are A LOT of closeted gay and bisexual male actors out there."
- I know the guy you are talking about named Corey. People will always wonder what they will. Henry hanging out with his friends that are gay no more makes him gay than it would make him black when hanging out with friends who are black. Those two were hanging out all over Hollywood for years. Funny enough some of the pictures you have linked are of Henry with Corey's boyfriend. One big happy family people!
- R137, straight guys don't normally spend that much time hanging out with gay men.
- Super hot new pictures of Henry in Immortals!
- Nice, but Henry's Tudors body was hotter - beefy and naturally hairy.
Now they have made him really muscular and shaved.
- R137 You need to get more enlightened friends.
My best friend is straight and we adore each other and spend all the time we can with each other.He is totally and utterly straight and I have known him since school more than 25 years ago. He is not the exception.
I have quite a few straight male friends. They can be more themselves around me. There is none of that macho shit you have when straight guys meet or gay guys get on Datalounge.!
- I also am a gay man with a lot of straight friends R141 but I think you are missing the point the poster was making.
Henry Cavill's social circle seemed to be solely made up of gay men. All of a sudden when he becomes more famous he is suddenly engaged to a girl he was never seen with or pictured with (and still isn't) and the internet is scrubbed of all the pictures of him and his gays.
It seems a textbook example of a star on the rise who is trying to closet themselves.
- Yes, R142. That's what I was getting at above. I'm not saying straight guys don't have any gay friends, but you have to look at the Henry Cavill situation in context with all the other circumstances.
Why has an engagement been announced to a woman he never mentioned before and who appears to be invisible? Why are pictures of Henry with gay friends disappearing?
- He is beauty personified.
- Someone posted the same as R110 on IMDB.com:
You guys do know right? I can relate to his Beard though but I'm not unstable lol.
When I first moved to West Hollywood YEARS ago, Henry was a waiter at restaurant. I think it was off of Santa Monica & La Brea and even then my friends and I thought he was gay. He's rather subtle though...until you saw him at [...] with his uber gay posse. He had lots of greasy hair and they were always outside near the gate because he always smoking."
- So where is this fiancée he is supposedly engaged to?
- surely someone has a story to tell
- It seems fairly unlikely that a Brit actor was working in a West Hollywood restaurant as a waiter YEARS ago, as that freaky-sounding imdb poster says.
- Let me get this "straight"... because Henry's good friends with a gay guy, he couldn't possibly be straight? Did this thread come from 1952? Are you fucking retarded?
By those standards (coming from a gay website) no straight guy should have any gay friends, is that right? You want to break down stereotypes, stop bullying, and be treated as equal, but when a straight guy actually becomes a friend, gay people attack him and accuse him of being gay?
- That is what makes people think Cavill is gay R146. His fiancee appeared out of no where once he started to get popular.
They were never seen together, seriously try to find a picture of them together or him even mentioning her. Then all of a sudden he is engaged once his career takes off and those pesky gay rumors and pics are circulating. It all looked pretty textbook.
- [r149] that is not what is happening at all re: Cavill ~ learn how to read
- Boy did R149 totally twist or misunderstand the entire scenario. Did R149 even read the central points of this thread?
Henry wasn't just photographed with a gay friend - he was spending time with many gay friends, posing with them, hugging them and hanging out with them and then his people tried to have those photos deleted. Meanwhile, a 'fiancé' appears out of the blue.
- The sad thing is if Cavill was openly gay I guarantee the studios would not have cast him as Superman. It really is disgusting.
I really don't think the audience would give a shit, not most of them anyway, but the studios are behind the curve and wouldn't take that chance.
- Personally I always flat out hands down believed that Keram post from last year or the year before that claimed Cavill had had a steamy fling with Jake Gyllenhaal and one of the magazines had photos of them together, made it sound pretty compromising.
It was a really random pair to put together since Cavill was virtually unknown then. Jebus would he and Jake make a hot twosome though.
Even if it's bullshit, it's still a great story. Oh Jennifer!
- [quote]This is why straight people don't want to hang around gay people. You cannot hang out with a couple of fags without the entire gay community proclaiming that you're gay.
What a load of silly garbage from someone that spews it like a Phelps.
You don't get out much do you.
- I didn't believe the Jake & Henry report at the time myself, but perhaps it is true afterall.
I am certainly willing to believe Henry is gay after some of the recent events.
- me too.
- Do you think he'll come out eventually or just remain one of the many closet cases in Hollywood?
It would be nice if someone would grow a pair for once and refuse to do the bearding shit.
- 'hiding in plain sight' is increasingly becoming the norm ... anything less is definitely worthy of scorn...
WTF is this supposed to mean?
- It's posts like these that lead to gay panic and gay people getting harmed. Learn to keep to your own kind.
- Oh dear. Another year, another supposedly gay superman thread. Routh was supposed to be minted gay. Now only a blindman would deny he's merely a dull midwestern hetter.
- Within the past 24 hours, r162 has defended Mel Gibson for telling the truth about "those people," referred to a dead gay as a "typical rancid queen" and claimed that George Michael has AIDS and just went through a drug overdose. He's here to wish us a happy gay-bashing Christmas. Ho, ho, ho.
- [quote]Oh dear. Another year, another supposedly gay superman thread. Routh was supposed to be minted gay. Now only a blindman would deny he's merely a dull midwestern hetter.
Are you under the guy's bed?
So shut up then.
- R163...what are YOU doing on a GOSSIP board, cunt? Go away.
Routh was outed by a gossip columnist. Outright. He never sued. Gay men can be boring and bland, too, dearest. You are the evidence of that!
- "Routh was outed by a gossip columnist."
- R161, it probably means exasperation at the tedious bickering in the posts above it.
Is it any wonder we take one step back for every two steps forward we take?
Gay people might accomplish a lot more if we stopped fighting each other over irrelevant non-issues.
- Henry certainly is gorgeous.....
- R167...a gossip columnist named Rich Johnston wrote a piece about how bold the new movie was in having a gay (albeit closeted) star. He also mentioned Spacey. But he named Routh as being gay, outright. He was never sued by Routh, and there was a lot of discussion about this among comic book fans on the internet.
When Routh made Superman he was single. But shortly thereafter he produced a 'long-term' girlfriend who he'd made a small film with. She's an actress. And she pretty much popped up out of the blue. He subsequently married her.
Johnston still works online, and there were no repercussions for his having outed Routh. It was all forgotten after the film 'bombed' anyway. ( I say 'bombed'...you know what I mean).
Something similar happened to John Wesley Shipp when he was making The Flash TV series. A comic book magazine called Amazing Heroes outed him as being 'married' to a wealthy male heir...I've forgotten who it was. Again, no repercussions.
- R168...particularly if supposedly gay men weren't so argumentative against the possibility that a lot of people are actually closeted, something most gay men should know is true.
- He is bi. Men or female athletes.
- I've always heard the issue was Routh was that he was insanely boring, not that he was gay.
Did the wife really come into play so recently.
I thought he was with her BEFORE Superman.
- Supposedly, he's no longer with his fiancee, according to a poster with bad spelling on IMDB (not the most reliable source, I realize).
"Its true Henry is not in a relationship with Ellen anymore. He is just starting to get bigger and more famous so theres not so much drama about who he is dating that is not yet!! once man of steel comes out Im sure more of his life and go abouts will be announced. But NO he is not with that girl anymore , It was a short engagement. Since then I believe he is single he is actually a really good guy and doesnt date much .But he has been seen out a few times in Vancouver while filming Man of Steel with the same gorgeous looking girl."
- Thanks R170!
- If that's true it pretty much confirms what we suspected, R174 - the 'engagement' was all for PR and to prove his straightness when he got cast as Superman.
- [quote]If that's true it pretty much confirms what we suspected, [R174] - the 'engagement' was all for PR and to prove his straightness when he got cast as Superman.
Exactly. Anyone who actually believed that "engagement" was real is a fool, considering they were never once seen together. The whole thing was just a stunt to quite the gay rumors after those pictures of him and his gay "friends".
Same old sad Hollywood story.
- Does Henry have a boyfriend?
- Some Superman set pictures. His back looks very muscular; pity that the ass seems relatively flat. Is it the trousers or the intensive working out resulting in additional musculature that have made his ass look smaller?
- OMG WHO CARES? Do you need someone to worship? This is why they hate us.
- We saw his ass in the Tudors. It's nice.
- Are you retarded, R182? If we don't point out the gay stars, the entire straight world will go on pretending that they don't exist, and you and I will never get our rights recognized by "them."
Don't be so shallow to think that this is all about sex and "worshipping."
That said, his ass is looking even better after Man Of Steel, R183. Too bad we won't get to see it on the big screen. I envy the guy that gets to enjoy that tight bulbous ass hands-on.
- Get over yourselves. How do you know if such and such a person is gay anyway? Cavill is British, there is a lot of gay men in the acting scene there and they are all friendly with the straight stars. Also having gay friends is not a big deal at all over this side of the Atlantic. Besides, considering the strength of the Gay dollar, it is possible that his PR team are the ones circulating those rumours just to hype up a star amongst a particular demographic!! The name is a brand, and they are creating a particular image of the brand to appeal to a particular audience group. Gay rumours to pull in the gays, straight he-man for the boys, romantic hero for the girls etc etc.... And yes many gossip columnists are also in on the PR scam too or didn't you know. As a result, you think you actually know the person and believe that they are like you whereas the reality is always different.
- The hole in your argument, R185, is that these "rumours" of Henry have been floating around since before he became a well-known name. In fact, the photos and gay references have been floating around since before his role in The Count of Monte Cristo. So you see, these aren't just recent developments based on wishful thinking. They're based on several years of observation and readily-available facts. We're just paying close attention to what's going to behind the curtain in the Land of Oz.
- R185 Yeah, I bet you do work in PR after reading that post full of bullshit trying (and failing miserably) to throw people off, which is the job of a PR.
- If R185 works in PR, he must be really bad at it, considering that post of his.
Also, there is no way publicists push gay rumours. There is still too much bigotry in Hollywood for a publicist to plant gay rumours.
- Henry may be nice looking, but he looks old as hell for 28. He's going to look well into his 40's by the time he's 35.
Also, he seems so boring and dull in interviews. No sense of humor at all.
- According to IMDB-pro, Brandon Routh is married to Courtney Ford and has been since 2007.
- [quote]According to IMDB-pro, Brandon Routh is married to Courtney Ford and has been since 2007.
And this has to do with Henry Cavill how?
- His head is too big in those muscle pictures, or something. It makes his body look smaller, and he doesn't look like an imposing large guy the way that Reeve and Routh did.
- "OMG WHO CARES? Do you need someone to worship? This is why they hate us."
Why are you posting on a gay gossip site if you don't care who is gay? Are you retarded? I doubt you think it is justified to hate straight people who read US Weekly and obsess over which straight stars are dating each other so why are you posting shit like "This is why they hate us?" if someone wants to speculate about Henry Cavill is gay?
- R182 is either a closeted gay actor or a gay agent who encourages his clients to be closeted. Bet on it.
- R183, I don't think Henry has shown his ass since 'The Tudors', unfortunately, so it's been a long time.
And unfortunately, recent directors told Henry he was fat and to start working out a lot more, so he probably doesn't have the beefy bubble butt he used to have.
- Do you work in Puerto Rico, R185? How's the whether in San Juan?
- To R186 AND 196, no I don't work in Puerto Rico, but in London, and the Weather is cold. I do know that in this industry, that if a guy is relatively handsome and personable,regardless of sexuality, there will always be gay rumours no matter what. Many actors, especially younger ones, tend to be bisexual and experimental until later on when they finally decide on a sexuality they want to embrace- straight or gay. It does not matter whether the rumours are true or false. The gossip is part of the marketing game, upping a persons profile and getting their name out there. Especially in the entertainment industry, where everyone, straight or gay will have gay friends no matter.
Also to the issue of bigotry. Yes I am well aware of bigotry in Hollywood, and so are many of my PR contacts there. But lets face it, you guys are a huge audience segment and yes we will do anything to market clients to all potential audiences. A market segment is a market segment with revenue generating possibilities and with the sheer financial power of the gay community regardless of public perceptions and bigotry, of course we are going to find ways of getting the audience of identifying with a client in whatever way possible. And that includes getting you to think that they might be actually gay regardless of reality!
And R187, I have done that in the past for a client who is very straight, but his caberet act unfortunately relies heavily on having a gay audience and yes we do feed and seed such rumours to attract them. It is no different to marketing gay entertainers as pinups to fangirls. The real trick however, is to do it in a way without it being too obvious. Unfortunately too many celebs and PR hacks just do not have that ability and every single thing and photo-op ends up being glaringly obvious.
After all how do you think many of the blind item gossip sites get their apparently juicy scandalous information from. Most of it with the exception of a few tidbits that are actually true, is fed to them by us in order to generate speculation and a buzz amongst the internet community. The situation is the exact same here as in the main stream media. It's actually the reason why I got into the PR in the first place.
- That's the most ridiculous drivel I've heard in a while, R197. "Feeding and seeding" gay rumors? HA! That'll be the day. Back to the point: There were several online photos of Henry with his gay pals (including some nice kissy ones), and some revealing candid interviews, before 99% of America knew he existed. If you want to make a name for yourself in a different country, you certainly don't begin by posting homoerotic images of yourself on the internet as a marketing ploy!
- A couple points R197 makes is correct. Actors are much more likely than the general public to have experimented with both genders which makes defining their sexuality a little more gray.
It is true that floating the idea that an actor could be gay is a good way to ensure the gay community follows him. Look at how every move of Jake Gyllenhaal is posted here on the DL. It isn't really pushing gay rumors, but it is easy allow people who want an actor to be gay to believe that and it won't at all effect the general audience believing him to be straight.
And obviously some blind items are PR planted, that shouldn't be news.
- R199, firstly, Jake G is not talked about here much anymore.
Secondly, there is a difference between wanting to have a gay audience, and wanting people to think you are gay. Yes, many straight celebrities like to have a gay fanbase, but they don't normally want people to think they are actually gay.
- So, guess who might be playing Lex to Henry's Supes? I won't spoil the surprise, but it rhymes with Shmadley Shmooper.
I can't wait to hear the star-trailer rumors about those two!
- R201 Oh, dear!
This should be interesting
- Excellent slash vid
- It seems odd that he had to work as a barman when he went to Hollywood, cause it's not as if he hadn't done stuff before that.
Sure, he hadn't broke through then - and still hasn't really but weird for an up and comer.
As for him being gay, I was sure it was too good to be true. Especially when I saw this lovely bearded interview, he is so handsome and masculine and a Jamie Dornan type so I thought no way.
- But go back a bit earlier and it's a different scenario.
Here he's already being accused of looking older by that rude reality show bitch "presenter".
- He has gay face in early pics. So he definitely improved as he got older with the rugged, less baby faced look that suits him more.
With to die for looks like those, I wondered why he wasn't yet a star. I suspected it was cause he couldn't act and had no charisma. And on the little I've seen, looks like I was right.
He might be good in The Tudors but I can't be arsed watching that. Looks like he specialises in period parts.
- He only looks good in period clothing
- R204/R205/R206 = Fangurl in denial
- Wtf are you on about R208? Can you even READ? I never denied anything or said anything either way, all I said was it seemed too good to be true (i.e. I want it to be true), then I presented gay face pics where I hint that he is in fact, gay. And as if a fangirl would say he couldn't act and hasn't watched The Tudors. Bitch please.
- "Is Superman's Henry Cavill Gay?"
I think they saved on wires to make him fly.
- R200, you are certainly right that many actors, especially those in the closet don't want people to perceive that they are gay but since I have an extensive network of gay friends, I can tell you that like fan-girls they have crushes on actors, musicians and models all the time. And if you develop a serious crush on somebody, of course you are going to think that that person must be gay. This applies especially in entertainment where this is a proliferation of very handsome and cute guys around and for the ordinary gay man,it is like being a kid in a candy shop.
Quite simply they are creating a fantasy in their mind, imagining they are in love with that person, and as a result creating the idea that the other person must be gay, in order to make themselves believe that their affections could ever be returned. It doesn't matter whether the object of their affection is straight or gay in reality. And that is how people get to think that an actor might be gay in most instances. For the actor or celebrity, it is an occupational hazard and major downside to the job. Most sensible PR people are aware of this and we try to turn the effects of basic psychology to our advantage.
BTW, some of the nicest people I have worked with are gay men who aren't closeted. Simply because they have come to terms with who they are and don't have to hide behind a front anymore.
The closeted ones are the biggest jerks of the lot and to those guys out there fantasising about them, if you knew what they were really like, you would run a hundred miles from them and hoped never to encounter them again. This is because fame aside, they are too busy trying to run away from themselves psychologically and they also the biggest man-whores out there too.
- [quote]but since I have an extensive network of gay friends, I can tell you that like fan-girls they have crushes on actors, musicians and models all the time
That made me laugh my ass off! Glad you gained such secret insider knowledge into the minds of us gay men.
That was a long post to say...
Gay men like attractive celebrities and would hope they are gay?
Being closeted is emotionally damaging and closet cases are often fucked up in some way?
Sweetie, you are on a gay messageboard talking to gay people. We know these things.
- [quote]but since I have an extensive network of gay friends, I can tell you that like fan-girls they have crushes on actors, musicians and models all the time.And if you develop a serious crush on somebody, of course you are going to think that that person must be gay.
What? Do you think we're twelve? I'd like nothing more than Michael Fassbender to be gay (so do many other men), but we'll readily admit that he's straight. On the other hand, guys like Henry have a trail of tell-tale signs pointing to his gayness. This is true for many other actors (Cruise, Travolta, etc, Cooper, Gyllenhaal, etc.) despite their bearding or the red herrings tossed about by their handlers. We may appreciate handsome actors of all flavors, but when we've zeroed in on some of them due to their all-but-admitted yet obvious homosexuality, it's usually for a very good reason.
- [quote]This applies especially in entertainment where this is a proliferation of very handsome and cute guys around and for the ordinary gay man,it is like being a kid in a candy shop.
Don't be such a patronising snob. You speak as if gay men have no right to have an imagination, creativity or basic human sex drive, the same taken-for-granted attributes straight men and women are allowed to run amok with freely on internet forums and in public when they please.
You know full well a high percentage of figures in entertainment are gay or bi and that gay people are pretty damn good at rooting them out. Both gay and straight people can see past PR games.
- He was gorgeous in the The Tudors r206. It's a good series. You'll enjoy it.
- OMG the troll in this thread. I'd fuck Henry from here till 2020 but I agree with my gay mates here - he's gay! No doubt in my mind. 100% GAY!
- [quote]OMG the troll in this thread. I'd fuck Henry from here till 2020 but I agree with my gay mates here - he's gay! No doubt in my mind. 100% GAY!
Thank you! Anyone who can't realize this is in denial.
- r217 it's very simple for me. Although he's a very convincing straight on screen (in what I saw of him), his history (or lack thereof) tells the story. I started watching The Tudors and thought he was stunning so I looked him up on imdb and knew immediately. Once and for all, straight guys have histories esp at him age. They don't have to be with a new woman every few weeks or months but straight guys start dating in their teens or late teens. They have relationships even if lasting a few months. You get to see pics of them and girlfriends before and after becoming famous and hear stories of people who knew them and their girlfriends. That's how REAL life happens and not PR shit and photoops. When there's none of that for a man nearing 30 and in his case everybody surrounding him is gay, you know.
- He's gay. I met him at a couple of gay parties in NYC back when he was on The Tudors. He was very out then.
- Given everything we know about him I don't see how you would think he wasn't gay.
It seems pretty logical based on what we know.
- [quote]He's gay. I met him at a couple of gay parties in NYC back when he was on The Tudors. He was very out then.
Tell us more - did he have a boyfriend? Did you talk to him?
- R218 You said it all right there. Unfortunately, some delusional fangurls refuse to accept this.
- r222 I can understand teenage girls refusing to believe because they know dickall about men, sex and life but any woman over 20 would have to be mental not to believe a man is gay when it's so obvious. The same shit was going on with Wentworth Miller (does it still?) with the fangirls saying he "hasn't found the right one" and is a virgin, blah blah. No good looking man that is reasonably sane and over 20, 22 is a virgin if he can help it. There's no such thing as "no time to date" and such BS. Even less than average straight men get laid and have some sort of relationships and leave evidence of it (pictures, people witnessing it - real people in their lives, not PR crooks).
In order to not get laid and never have a girlfriend, a man would have to be truly hideous, severely handicapped, completely insane or dirt poor which obviously isn't the case with all these young stars.
- That's true to a large extent, although you have to remember there are a small number of men who are religious and who stay virgins until they are married - sometimes into their 30's or 40's.
And there are many celebrities and good-looking people who admit in interviews that they sometimes go long periods of time without being in a relationship.
Having said that, in a case where it's a male celebrity who is closeted, it is normally a different situation altogether.
- [quote]you have to remember there are a small number of men who are religious and who stay virgins until they are married
Would you actually find any of that small number of men who are in show business?
- Once in a while, R225. There are a few people like Lisa Kudrow, Scott Reeves etc. who have said they were virgins when they got married.
And some politicians like Mitt Romney and Rick Perry.
- Ack! Was the "Who was the sexiest Superman?" thread deleted? If so, why?!
- An ONTD thread features and interesting story from a girl who say's her female friend has been fucking Henry for months...after I read her story, I said out loud, "she's lying."
Story sounds like a plant.
Plus, I know people who are working on that film...it's non-stop work for everybody, so where is Henry getting all this time to leave set to fuck this chick?
- I wonder what type of relationship Henry had with Jonathan Rhys Meyers on The Tudors? JRM's sexuality is a matter of debate too, and he has a huge uncut cock, so that might have been tempting for Henry.
- R228 I can't believe anyone would believe the shit fraus and fangurls post on ONTD. You should know better.
- Awwww. Adorable.
- Candid shots from the sets of superhero films always look so silly, but onscreen they're usually awesome. Why is that?
Henry's hair and costume in the photo with the cute kid look cheap.
- these stories will peak when "Superman" comes out...
- Would someone please get Henry to show his ass & cock in a future film?
- [quote]these stories will peak when "Superman" comes out...
Unfortunately, I don't think they will if lame ass sites like IMDB and ONTD are anything to go by - they're full of deluded fangurls who refuse to believe he's gay.
I remember when Perez tried outing him back in 2008/09 before he became more well known in the last year. Unfortunately, Perez pussied out in late 2010 and said he wouldn't out people anymore. I can only imagine what other gossip there is on him; sadly, we probably won't get to find out about it now.
- I'm sure the majority of people posting here are non-Brits.
Girls, Cavill is not gay. He's hot, yes. Would I love to bang him? FUCK YES! But he's not gay. He's straight. Heterosexuals do exist.
- [quote]Given everything we know about him I don't see how you would think he wasn't gay.
Rundown of what we supposedly know now.
- R236, what does being British have to do with it?
And why do you think he is straight?
- R236 = Fangurl
Perez already outed him during the days he was on the Tudors and Perez was NEVER wrong about any of the people he outed.
- R236/R237 Read the damn thread if you want a "rundown". Nobody wants to type all that shit again.
- I didn't read what Perez said about Cavill. What did he say?
- R236, I'm British and I think he's gay.
I think he had a fling with Jake Gyllenhaal. How's that grab you.
- R46 yeah it's been said a lot that he looks like Matt Bomer.
I can sorta see it, and while I'm not into Bomer he's obviously technically perfect looking and I think he'd make an even better Superman, with those blue eyes he's so Clark Kent it's unreal.
I was thinking that someone should do a poll of who they prefer between DL fave Bomer and his Anglo counterpart Cavill.
- He'll be uncut.
- Do you think Henry was involved with Jonathan Rhys Meyers during 'The Tudors'?
- [quote]Do you think Henry was involved with Jonathan Rhys Meyers during 'The Tudors'?
Wouldn't surprise me.
I also wonder if him and Luke Evans did anything while filming Immortals...that would definitely not surprise me.
- I wonder what Henry's brothers look like? He has four of them. He is one of five boys.
- I agree, Henry is straight, all actors are gay here R236.
- [quote]I wonder what Henry's brothers look like? He has four of them. He is one of five boys.
I've seen a few pictures of them, and honestly, there was only one that looked good. The other three were not good looking at all (and I'm putting it nicely). Henry lucked out somehow.
- [quote]I agree, Henry is straight, all actors are gay here
All actors are NOT gay on the DL. That is an often repeated lie. All joking aside there is only a certain collection of actors who a significant number of posters actually believe are gay...and there tends to be some sort of reason to believe that.
Henry Cavill has a host of legitimate reasons to think he is probably gay as anyone who actually looked through this thread would have to agree with. Whether he is or isn't it wasn't just some "DL fantasy" that was pulled out of nowhere.
- [quote]All actors are NOT gay on the DL. That is an often repeated lie.
You're an idiot.
- [quote][R236]/[R237] Read the damn thread if you want a "rundown". Nobody wants to type all that shit again.
Proved my point. You have no evidence. This thread is a bunch of nothing, by a bunch of queens who believe everyone is gay. But carry on.
- [quote]Proved my point. You have no evidence. This thread is a bunch of nothing, by a bunch of queens who believe everyone is gay. But carry on.
Then why are you reading the thread if you think it's so stupid, you dumbass desperate fangurl? Go run back to your ONTD boards.
- any links to Perez's outing of Cavill in '09?
- He didn't out him per se R254, I think the story referred to was just this
- There was also this insinuation too
- when is superman coming out, anyway? maybe speculation will renew again then...
- Whatever happened with Henry's 'engagement' to Ellen Whitaker?
- "engagement" indeed
- [quote]Whatever happened with Henry's 'engagement' to Ellen Whitaker?
I don't think he's even trying to beard anymore. He was apparently at the Mahiki club in London (according to their Facebook page) on Valentine's day and not one mention of his "fiance". He was also at another club in London a few days ago and was taking pix with some fans and again, no "fiance" in sight.
After all the time he spent in America last year, wouldn't you be spending all your time with your "fiance" once you were finished working after being apart for so long?
Use common sense
- very interesting thread....i honestly dont know what he is..but its cool to know that two of the most beautiful me on earth matt bomer and henry cavill ..are gay or gay friendly
- [quote]very interesting thread....i honestly dont know what he is..but its cool to know that two of the most beautiful me on earth matt bomer and henry cavill ..are gay or gay friendly
Why is it cool? It's not like you'll ever have either one, so it really doesn't matter.
- its not about me ever having them.its still cool that it is
- [quote]Why is it cool? It's not like you'll ever have either one, so it really doesn't matter.
Not r261 but this kind of bitchiness is so unclassy. Really, if you didn't think it "mattered" to people in even the slightest sense of happiness or goodwill, you wouldn't be poking around on these threads.
Rename yourself Mother Superior
- The fact we won't have him goes without saying. We know that. But I think one reason everyone wants people to be gay here is it enhances the fantasy (regardless if you have a chance with them). You're suddenly more interested if that guy is gay and it's a real turn on and gives you hope - in the sense that someone like that is gay, since there's always been a dearth of great gay role models.
- [quote]You're suddenly more interested if that guy is gay and it's a real turn on
And now you know why they stay in the closet. Everything you said applies to straights too and these closeted actors serve the same purposes for both straight women and straight men.
- R266 So Henry's not coming out I guess, huh?
- WHY should he..he has an Alist movie career ..not everybody whats to be a human /civil rights campaigner ..his career is the best it can ..people will kill for it ...matt bomer is stuck doing tv shows ..
his on top of the game now ...and if you were in his shoes you will probably do the same ..that is if his even gay in the first place
- hope he is man
- r268 you are such a homophobic cunt.
- R268 Matt's career is doing just fine and I have 100x more respect for him for being himself instead of being a closet case like Henry.
And nobody is asking these closet cases to be human rights campaigners; it would just be nice if they had the fucking guts to stop pretending to be something they aren't.
- Couldn't have said it any better, R271.
- Word R271. Coming out is not about being some gay rights campaigner.
It is simply about not lying to the public about your sexuality and not being ashamed on who you are.
You seem pretty self-hating R268.
- oh please R273 ..people lie about more serious things but we dont go beating bring their names up and asking them to come out .
Acting is his lively hood ..he used to be a bartender ..his ont op of the world now ....why would he go commit career suicide to please some insecure cunts on this board
its easy for you to sit behind your computers at home and demand someone to come out ..when you are not working in the industry ..or you dont know what internel turmoil a person is going through and how his not ready to accept what his family will think of him ..etc
- Some great pics of Henry here.
- [quote]Acting is his lively hood ..he used to be a bartender ..his ont op of the world now ....why would he go commit career suicide to please some insecure cunts on this board
That's fine, but I hope the money is worth spending the rest of his life ducking and dodging and hiding in the closet. You can never be truly happy in the closet, and that's a fact.
- Is that Dustin Lance Black with Henry in this photo?
- Dustin Lance Black wishes that he could get in Henry Cavill's pants. Never gonna happen.
- He looked like a man!
- Yes, that appears to be Dustin.
Why won't he be able to get in Henry's pants?
- [quote]Dustin Lance Black wishes that he could get in Henry Cavill's pants. Never gonna happen.
In the other pics I've seen of Henry with gay men, the gay men are ugly, so anything is possible. Maybe Henry likes being the better looking one.
- The soldier brother of Jersey Superman star Henry Cavill has been made an MBE after helping to capture a senior Taliban commander.
While the Jersey-born actor will soon be known to millions as the legendary comic book hero Superman, the Man of Steel, his Marine brother, Major Nik Cavill, has proved to have nerves of steel after leading his troops on a series of missions in Afghanistan.
And yesterday he was rewarded for his bravery in the special Operational Honours list announced at Admiralty House.
- jERSEY BORN?? i thought he was british
Corey Spears HIMSELF says:
I do gets lots of readers who ask about my dear friend Henry who has had great success as an actor. He is every compliment you readers give him and more. But I cannot answer every question asked, though I can say the following:
*NO he is not gay. he befriends anyone who is real and makes no bones about his appreciation for real people who are genuine gay or straight which is why he has a heart of gold.
*I will not give out his personal info just because I'm southern and we think that it is rude to tell people's business.
* And the most prevalent question "how do I know him?". We met through mutual friends and I took him under my wing as he was so young yet wise at the same time. We hit it off and I'm quite protective of him which is why I have taken to calling him my"son". I was an actor at the time and lent him what knowledge had...
Thanks for reading and watch the TUDORS because he is fierce on that show,
PS something not asked but necessary to note is that he is one of the kindest most generous and giving people I know at any age.
So, you may dream, guys, but...only dream, hehe.
- He's generous all right. His loose anus can attest to that fact.
- Jersey = Jersey Islands, a British & French group of islands between the coasts of England and France
- R284 First of all, that doesn't mean jack shit. LOTS of friends of closeted people will "cover" for them to keep their secret. Hell, when I was in the closet in high school my friends used to say I was straight when people wondered and asked.
Second, Corey should feel dumb as hell for showing Henry the ropes in the business because as soon as Henry started having success, Henry dropped him like a hot rock. There a several pics of them together pre-Tudors, but post-Tudors, not a one. Corey doesn't even mention him anymore. Just goes to show fame-hungry people will get whatever they can get out of you and drop you as soon as you're of no use to them anymore.
- He says Henry is straight but follows it up with...he won't tell anyone's business. Um, didn't you just say he's str8?
Sounds like someone is lying!
- Is Henry's relationship with his 'fiancé' over? She was mentioned at the time Henry got a major movie role last year, and then we've never heard of her again.
- R289 They broke up. It was reported on weeks ago.
- Seems like it was a fake engagement. She was never even photographed with him and it sure wasn't a long engagement.
- HIS STRAIGHT BITCHES stay mad ......
- If he's so straight, why did he engage in a fake engagement?
- Henry believes in privacy, as in "none of your business!"
- his so hot ..and that accent .. .... i dont know what his orientation ..he seems asexual to me..but his the biggest actor of the bast three years and what ever his doing it he should keep doing it..lord know Matt Bomer wishes he had henrys career
- [quote]his so hot ..and that accent .. .... i dont know what his orientation ..he seems asexual to me..but his the biggest actor of the bast three years and what ever his doing it he should keep doing it..lord know Matt Bomer wishes he had henrys career
And Henry wishes he had the guts that Matt Bomer has since Matt doesn't hide in the closet like a pussy or do this bearding shit all for the sake of trying to attract fangirls like yourself.
Oh, and you really need to go back to school and learn spelling and punctuation.
- There's no news of Henry and Ellen breaking up - according to Wikipedia they are still engaged:
- Thread on IMDB with a poster claiming Henry is gay and talking about Henry's days at a waiter in West Hollywood and being seen at [...]:
- R297 Try to find ONE picture of the two of them together and then you draw your own conclusions as to whether or not they were EVER "engaged" in the first place.
My God - it's not rocket science people!
- R299, I think you may be right and I said something similar above. I was just stating that there has not been an official breakup announcement yet and as a result, many sites like Wikipedia still only carry the 'engagement' announcement last year. The same goes for this site about Ellen:
- R300 I saw the break up news on the E! news ticker. I don't know why it hasn't been reported elsewhere.
- It seems as if the 'engagement' was announced shortly after Henry got the Superman part - almost as if the PR team was trying to send a message to the public that he was straight.
But doesn't it look suspicious when the two people have never been seen together and then 'break up' only a half a year later?
- Henry Cavill working out .gif:
- Henry bulge:
- Another .gif of Henry working out:
- another Henry .gif:
- R303 Does he do that before he jumps on a guys' ass?
- Henry is trying to look all tough at R303, but I think he pings there.
- cant imagine the kind of training he is going through for this superman role , it must be excruciating ....
his marriage engagement was strange but hey weirder things have happened in hollywood ..is he dating anybody now ?
Like I said, you may dream your ass off, you may, nobody cares, as long as you are not spreading false messages all over internet.
Corey is far from covering up for anybody "in the closet" fyi, vice versa - he probably even wished that H. were gay, but alas! And being honest as Corey is, he has to admit the sad (for him!) truth.
- I don't think Henry is gay, because if he was gay, he would have had hung out with other hot gay men, not this Corey guy.
Gay men are like high school girls, the pretty ones travel in packs.
- Henry is pushing 30 and has yet to have a documented relationship with a woman.
- Someone on IMDB finally found a photo of Henry with Ellen:
- yay ellen and henry
- Here's a shit ton of those Immortals gifs and pics
- You can almost see part of his ass in the 3rd pic in this series:
- One of the comments at R315 says that Henry is gay.
- R313 That's reportedly a photoshopped picture (see link and scroll down).
- I am beginning to think he is gay afterall.
- i want a Cavill Bomer sextape already
- r320 they'd look like brothers fucking.
I guess if that floats your boat..
- thats an incestous hook up that i am sure many will approve of
- Speaking up acceptable incestuous hookups, here's Henry's real bro, Major Nick Cavill.
I'd love to be the middle of that Super Major sandwich. YUM!
- Yes, there's a thread about Henry's brother recently getting an award for capturing a Taliban leader.
- Who the hell is Corey Spears and why would anyone take the word of someone on the internet who conviniently pops up to declare - in the style of Clooney's Italian HAIRDRESSER ffs - that some actor friend is NOT GAY.
It's pathetic, PR damage control. We've seen it a thousand times before, always done via someone else's outrage.
These gays ought to man the fuck up!
- R325 I agree. It's pathetic.
- Who knows what the truth is but if Corey was trying to protect his friend I think we can all empathize with that. If you had a close friend who was actively trying to remain closeted for their career you would probably do the same.
- [quote]Who knows what the truth is but if Corey was trying to protect his friend I think we can all empathize with that. If you had a close friend who was actively trying to remain closeted for their career you would probably do the same.
No, actually I wouldn't because I think hiding in the closet for selfish reasons like wanting fame is pathetic. If I had a closeted friend and someone asked me if they were gay, I would simply say, "You'd have to ask him that question" and if he wanted to lie, then that's up to him. But I'm not going to take part in someone else's lies. For every person that comes out (especially celebs), it truly does make a difference.
- bitches here going stay mad ..but henry is still winning at the end
- Corey sure must get something out of that statement (a movie role, new project, money, exposure) otherwise nobody in Hollywood would bother to comment on a past friendship.
- [quote]bitches here going stay mad ..but henry is still winning at the end
And dumb bitches like you are acting like fangurls defending closet-cases who don't give a fuck about you.
- Even some of the girls on IMDB find Henry's quick 'engagement' to a girl he barely knows, suspicious.
- I just want to know definitively if Henry is gay or not? There is evidence pointing in both directions. If you are a super detector, meaning you can always tell if a guy is gay or not, please come forward.
- "I just want to know definitively if Henry is gay or not?"
Well, usually we are only able to prove 'definitively' that a celebrity is gay when he finally comes out. Until then, there are always people claiming that Zachary Quinto, Luke MacFarlane, Matt Bomer, Ricky Martin, Neil Patrick Harris etc. are not gay.
- R331 lol because you hate you career ..you sit at home demanding people to come out like that will make you feel better about your pathetic life
- If Henry is gay he won't be coming out anytime soon. His Superman film doesn't even come out until 2013, so he won't be coming out before then. He's obviously expecting a big year next year, and I don't think the studios want any controversy over his sexuality this early in his career.
- [quote]because you hate you career ..
- The engagement thing is definitely weird. All of a sudden Henry gets engaged to a woman he hardly knows and of which there only appears to be one photograph of with him, and it all just happens to occur just after he was announced as the new Superman.
- Henry is much more famous now than he was when he was on The Tudors. Instead of being in the Top 5000 or Top 500 on IMDB, he has now moved all the way up to #96.
So in essence what this means is that his career is being much more carefully monitored and controlled than it once was, and that includes his personal life.
- R339 I wonder if money and movie roles is worth the exchange of having to hide who you really are and lie about your personal life all the time. Is it possible to still be happy?
- R340 Of course its worth it ..beats being openly gay and waiting tables
- Well that's the million dollar question for loads of gay actors, isn't it, R340? For many of them they are clearly willing to live a life of bearding in order to have their 'straight' actor careers. Others such as Zachary Quinto have decided it's not worth it.
- r340. Hollywood has some excellent shrinks specialized on pivoting where actors learn to appreciate the benefits of their careers and ignore the bad stuff for the time being (= the shrink getting paid). Of course most of these Hollywood located shrinks report their findings to the studio execs, talent agency, managers, etc. (when they foot the bill or made the referral - which is why big stars hire shrinks outside Hollywood's tight grip to deal with their personal issues).
- You guys are overthinking it. All it takes is an agent saying they will make you a star but you just need to be closeted and for most actors it is "yes, please!"
I have no idea about Cavill's sexuality but 'dems the brakes. Most closeted actors don't have the balls to care, regardless of whether or not it is true, they don't want to find out.
- R344 But I just don't get it. Don't get me wrong - I love money. But could NEVER go back into the closet again after knowing how liberating it is to be out. I don't think I could go back to the lying, denying, and charades again for any amount of money. I want love and I when I fall in love, I don't want to have to hide it.
But I guess to some people, some things are more important than others...
- R344 The gay public doesn't support gay celebrities like they do heterosexuals. The gay people who demand gay celebrities acknowledge their sexuality do it so they can have a notch on their belts that they got a gay celebrity to come out not because they want to support them. Most gay people will never get away from the mindset that heterosexuals are more valuable than gay people. Gay people are brought up among heterosexuals to think that and make no effort to rid themselves of that mindset. Hevry Cavill, if he's gay, doesn't owe gay people anything because gay people in general have not created the environment where coming out would maintain or benefit his career. Gay people rather have heterosexuals play gay roles or advocate for gay people than actual gay people. That's why it's been over 100 years since the movie industry began and there still is no gay leading actor because gay people don't demand that there is any. Kathy Griffin, a heterosexual comedian, was the main speaker at the Washington rally against Don't Ask, Don't Tell years ago.
- R346 It's people like you that keep us from moving forward, with your "closeted celebs don't owe gay people anything" bullshit. That may be techinially true, but it's pretty fucking pathetic when these people are in a position to use their voice to speak up and make a difference and they don't. But that's okay, because I won't be giving my money to these types of people or supporting their projects. So it goes both ways.
- r346 is right, sadly. Especially the point where gay people gush with gratitude whenever a straight actor takes the big "risk" and deigns to play a gay character which usually leads to them being showered with praise and awards from both gay and mainstream bodies.
Can you imagine the uproar if white actors just slapped on some makeup to play black characters. It doesn't even happen in animated movies even when unnecessary like in the 'Lion King' which went out of its way to cast black actors.
- Has anyone here met Henry Cavill, or likely to be at any of the events or sci-fi conventions that he will be at?
Those of you here that are good-looking need to hit on him and get back to us with your results.
- [quote]Those of you here that are good-looking
*cricket cricket cricket*
- Considering how critical most DLer's are of the looks of male celebrities, I'm sure some of them must be gorgeous, otherwise they would not be so harsh about the looks of others . . .
- It's called irony, R351.
- My post was meant to be ironic too, dear.
- Well in that case, R351/R351...ha ha!
- The problem is that supporters are less vocal than critics/haters unless you are a Madonna or a Streisand fan.
- being a big movie star sure beats being out gay and broke so in the closet >>>> being broke anyday
- R356 = A disgrace. Get some dignity.
- dignity is overrated
- there should be a thread called "is spiderman's andrew garfield gay".?that would be fun.
- well is he ?
- Henry will be 29 next month.
- [quote]Henry will be 29 next month.
And looks 39.
- No he doesn't. He looks about his age.
- R363 = Looked old at 29 too.
- Looks like Henry Cavill is the latest target of the DL hit squad.
- [quote]Looks like Henry Cavill is the latest target of the DL hit squad.
If by "hit squad" you mean the three bitter DL bitches who've misplaced their one eye again.
- Average actor
- Interesting article, especially for our Henry.
- R367 I agree. Very one-note and not much charisma.
R368 Good article.
- His a great Actor ..amazing in tudors ...but besides the typical action flicks i dont know what his range in acting is ...i dont know if his as good as matt bomer .
never knew he was that young...he has so many years ahead of him..though i fear like Brandon Routh ..superman will be the end of him
- R368 How does that article have anything to do with Henry...you queens are hilarious
- R370/R371 = Fangurl
Unfortunately, DL is full of fangurls, closeted actors and PR people.
- He's engaged to a woman...
- I was going to link this article, too, R368! But I think the actor who's gone back into the closet is DL fave Luke Evans, no?
- [quote]He's engaged to a woman...
And Elton John was married to a woman.
What's your point?
- it doesnt make any difference gay or straight ..how will it affect your life you pathetic little queens....what you do need to do is get lives
- [quote]it doesnt make any difference gay or straight ..how will it affect your life you pathetic little queens....what you do need to do is get lives
LMAO! And yet YOU are here on DL!
Go away fangurl
- His 'engagement' to a woman appears to be over.
- and straigt men never make mistakes, never get dissapointed and never break engagements to women, of course!
HAHAHA.What a proof!
As for beard, then Henry should fire his publicists and sue thm for damage!
Ellen as a beard was the most inappropriate creature to chose. What an a#ole woman! Only blind love can explain such a PR disaster.
- Uh-oh - he's losing his hair à la Jude Law. Here's a picture of him in a pub last night:
- That's just terrible [r381] his career is over. So sad.
- That's just terrible [r362]his career is over. So sad.
- Stop obsessing over hairlines.
Who is the guy he is with in that photo?
- R384 - this man (Andy Shepherd). Look who he tweeted the picture to...
- Who? I've scrolled down his Twitter feed and I can't find it.
- [quote]Who? I've scrolled down his Twitter feed and I can't find it
Not much of a surprise, eh?
- Luke Evans. It's not far down.
- What a stupid question! If anyone at DL has even the slightest inkling that a man is gay, then of course he is.
Makes no difference how heterosexual the guy might be in his behavior, if DL thinks he's gay, then he's gay. PERIOD.
- His career is not over HENRY unlike matt bomer career is the hottest thing right now in hollywood ...check his IMDB his got movies lined up all of which are block buster's ..when will Mr Bomer ?? Huh
- He's engaged to a woman.
- The engagement is apparently over, R391
- Henry simply has a short haircut in the picture r381 posted.
- [quote]His career is not over HENRY unlike matt bomer career is the hottest thing right now in hollywood ...check his IMDB his got movies lined up all of which are block buster's ..when will Mr Bomer ?? Huh
Mr. Bomer is doing just fine and is on a hit TV show. He's not a pussy like Cavill and happily lives his life without ducking and dodging and bearding. Also, Matt has nice thick hair and isn't receding like Cavill, who will be like Jude Law and Nic Cage soon.
- Why does a guy's hairline matter? And can't celebrities afford hair replacement anyway?
- Henry Cavill with cute toy dog.
- [quote]Why does a guy's hairline matter?
When you can't act worth shit and the only thing you've got going for you is your looks, yes, your hairline DOES matter.
- Even the women on IMDB are suspicious about Henry Cavill's 'engagement'. There's a long thread about it there.
- So anytime Women/girls are upset about matt bomer being gay ..i just say you still have henry cavill
Apart from a few pathetic, brainless fungirls
- anybpdy see his new movie ?? cold light of day with bruce willis
- i haven't been through this entire thread so you'll forgive me for posting this...has anyone posted the linked page by Corey Spears? I has a love poem by him, and in the midst of the poem is the gayest picture of Henry ever. Are we not supposed to believe he's gay after this???
- I think earlier on the thread someone posted a recent response by Corey Spears responding to the gay gossip about Henry where Corey says Henry is not gay.
- 403...this would seem to belie that.
Besides, what's he going to say publicly? it's still considered slander to say someone is gay in the U.S. He could be sued. Look at the lengths those MTV lawyers have gone to shut down speculation about Colton Haynes. Who's a nobody. They'd go to much greater lengths to stop this guy from outing Cavill.
This page is very telling. "Dearest heart"? Uh huh. Not gay at all.
- Here's the photo you're referring to, R402:
- Oh and...did somebody link Spears saying that? Or are we relying on a DL poster? I'm not buying it either way.
- Well I've searched and searched and I haven't found one item online where Spears said Cavill isn't gay. Of course Cavill probably thinks he's BI, which is how they all get around that.
- Tell me about it, R407.
- When do you think Corey took the photo of Henry at R405? How old is Henry there?
- It looks like it was taken when Henry was living and working in West Hollywood. Most of spears' pictures of Cavill are from that time. He was supposedly out then. It sure looks like it from all the pictures. Though Spears still refers to Cavill as his "good friend", so one assumes they still...do friendly things once in a while. ;)
- Is there a way of verifying that Henry was 'supposedly out then'?
I often hear things like that on DL about certain actors (eg. people claim here that Hayden Christensen used to be 'out' in Canada before 'Star Wars'), but wonder where this information comes from.
- R411...GOSSIP site, hon. Usually it comes from blind items. In this case, rumors have been floated about Cavill online for some time now. He lived and worked in West Hollywood. He was "engaged" to lesbian fitness instructor Jillian Michaels before she "came out" as "bi" (she's a lesbian." He was rumored to be Spears' boyfriend back before he was anybody, hence all the pics of him on Spears Facebook account. Those pics mysteriously disappeared once Cavill got the Superman job. He was recently announced as being "engaged" to an actress he was never seen with or pictured with, and who he hadn't been dating prior to the engagement announcement. So we don't have a written affidavit if that';s what you mean. But gay people generally know what the closet looks like (unless they're still in there) and this is definitely it. This doesn't even begin to address Spears posting of a very gay looking picture of Cavill under the heading "Dearest Heart". That seems pretty clear, particularly given that we know they were close at one point, and supposedly still are.
- R412, since Corey still has the 'dearest Heart' picture of Henry on his site, it doesn't look like he deleted all his photos of Henry afterall.
- i guess....
- "Those pics mysteriously disappeared once Cavill got the Superman job."
But you can still find a lot of photos of the two of them together if you know where to look.
- And another:
- Another Henry photo:
- I agree with R412 but what was a hottie like Cavill doing with a trailer trash queen like Corey?
- They seem to have been part of a larger circle of gay friends, R419.
- R419 Who are you to judge someone else's choice? Asshole.
- Why so defensive, R421?
R419 was asking a question that a lot of people would probably have asked. Handsome guys usually don't usually date guys much less attractive than they are. They normally go for someone decent-looking, although there can be exceptions.
- Facebook cock shots or GTFO
U bitches are hilarious, some are agressive and really wicked.
But all of u ´re clueless
By the way, good lesson to all goodlooking straight people : NEVER even shake hands with a gay, so that those bitshes won´t gossip later about you in Internet and won´t blame you to be closeted gay.
- Gay and gorgeous
- R422 I just really get tired of every stupid gay man thinking that looks are EVERYTHING and gays thinking they have the right to judge other peoples' choices just because they don't think someone is hot enough for someone else. I'm just so tired of all this shallow bullshit from gays (and no, I'm not ugly if that's you're next question).
- R 425
Super...gay and gorgeous
- He looks gorgeous, like an angel, in the Mondrian photo at R417.
- The question is, what were they doing at the Mondrian?
- Can anybody elaborate what the Mondrian is? Is it like a hotel, a resort, etc. Has it any significance in regards of being a hot spot for gay men?
- R428 God, get a fucking grip. You sound like a hard-up frau.
- Take your meds, R431
- He does look like an angel.
- The fangurls on his IMDB board recently mentioned DL and that they read this thread, so they do read this site. Now we know that if a post in this thread sounds like a fangurl, it most likely is.
- What did they say about it, R434?
- God, I hope so.
- Just curious what you all think! Yes or no?
- For R430:
"Mondrian Los Angeles is one of the most sophisticated, modern and urban West Hollywood Hotels"
- In this interview, Cavill talks about women and ex-girlfriends:
- R439 And???
Luke Evans also gave an interview to Cosmo titled "Things women need to know about men", which included some bullshit answers such as, “Absolutely we can have female friends and not want to have sex with them. You dream about having sex with them, but you don’t actually have sex with them.”
I rest my case.
- Thanks for the link, R440. I'm not saying Cavill isn't gay, I'm just saying that if he is then he seems willing to go through a lot of PR stuff to cover it up by talking about girlfriends in interviews.
Unfortunate if that's the case
- R441 I can't confirm whether he's gay or not (although I think he is), but I just wanted to point out to you that lots of celebs will go to extreme measures to look straight (like Luke Evans who was once openly gay and is now back in the closet now that better roles are being offered to him). Same with Ricky Martin - he used to deny he was gay all the time and talked about "girlfriends", and look how that turned out.
- Luke Evans is a fucking liar.
- R412, Henry's supposed fiancée is a show jumper (eg. horses), not an actress.
It was someone from DL that started a thread on IMDB HC board called "very gay" - that´s why. Posted exactly the same lies word-to word on several boards at the same time.
"When I first moved to West Hollywood YEARS ago, Henry was a waiter at restaurant. I think it was off of Santa Monica & La Brea and even then my friends and I thought he was gay. He's rather subtle though...until you saw him at [...] with his uber gay posse. He had lots of greasy hair and they were always outside near the gate because he always smoking."
There are links to photos of HC with his Irish girlfriend at some premiere about 5 years ago or so in that thread too.
" Susi Redmond. He took her to the Stardust prem. I found her on FB and actually messaged her, asked her about Henry (yes I know I sound like a stalker but I did it for a bet). I asked her why they split and she just said they didnt work out. Their relationship was very low-key, no one really knew they were dating, she never uttered a word about him or their relationship. I actually liked Susi as she seemed nicer and more respectful. I think she has a child with someone else now though. To me, that is proof he isnt gay at least. Straight or bisexual maybe, but not gay."
Some of you here from DL started gossiping all over net, daydreaming, obviously. lol
That´s how I happend to find DL, btw
- DL'S ARE SUCH bitter queens lol..going all over the net posting that crap HAHHAHA ..like that will affect henry's career..get a life you losers
- He's super gay, obviously!
- 445...you're the liar. He's gay. Period.
- 446...go eat a cow you ugly, homophobic cunt.
- 445= cunt who doesn't understand the closet or how bearding works.
- 380= another imdb ugly cunt who can't get a man.
- 445... BTW... Liberace was engaged and Rock Hudson was married. Surprise!
- Oh and 445...here's the thing.
So an anonymous IMDB poster says that she...a complete stranger... tracked down Henry's "ex-girlfriend"...contacted her via Facebook...then asked her personal questions about her and Henry's relationship. And this woman...instead of saying, "It's none of your business" to the complete stranger... happily obliged. On what magical world would such a thing have taken place? If that isn't a planted PR story I don't know what is.
But even if it's true (on Neptune) here's the thing...Luke Evans' "ex-girlfriend" would say the same thing. "It just didn't work out." At another time so would the ex-girlfriends of Chad Allen, Matt Bomer, Ricky Martin, Neil Patrick Harris, etc. Because that's how bearding works.
Honestly, I don´t even care much about HC, I just was outraged by those gossips that bitter queens like u are spreading about people. That´s kind of personal for me, bcs my younger brother has recently been through such kind of story, also because he is very handsome and friendly to all people, when his mate at highschool a gay guy first was writing to him love letters, then stalked him and finally desperate and bitter started gossiping about him just the way you do here.
I totally agree to that from IMDB
"I always find it amusing that people who want someone to be gay always "win" because if they are with a woman its "shes a beard" if they marry it's "its a lavender marriage", if they have kids its "they had them through IVF" seriously they ALWAYS win because to them they are "in the closet". I find it funny I can't lie.
Funny people say about Henry (the silly fanboys who hate him as superman) that he is gay because there are old pics of him with an indie actor who is gay, people say that those photos have now apparently disappeared from the original place they were so according to these people henry and his team are trying to hide his aquaintance with Corey Spears.. YET Henry invited Corey to the immortals premiere and even posed for a photo with him!! So he certainly isnt ashamed of knowing Corey after all. Here is the photo that appears on Corey Spears PUBLIC FB profile"
- the more famous he becomes, the harder it's going to be for him to not have someone confirm the rumor
- Is Henry still engaged or is the engagement already over? I keep reading different things.
- only 6% of actors are gay, Henry is not one of them.
- R458, would you mind providing a link to the scientific research that shows that only 6% of actors are gay?
- [quote]YET Henry invited Corey to the immortals premiere and even posed for a photo with him!!
- [r454] Missy, do you honestly equate these two situations? You need therapy. Henry is not your brother. Queens gossiping on a forum that is specifically intended for just that is not the same as a gay "mate" stalking your handsome brother.
- The fraus from IMDB are all up in this thread now and it's driving them crazy that a guy they will never have a chance with anyway might be gay. Get over it!
- R445/R454/R455 = Fangurl meltdown
- Henry has 4 brothers. I know that at least one of them is in the military since there was that article recently about the brother getting an award for capturing someone in the Taliban.
Wonder if in Henry's family there is a pressure to be macho?
- Too many poor, delusional, brainless fangurls on DL. Get a life!
- young Henry Cavill:
- Henry leaving Chateau Marmont, followed by fans:
- Looking serious:
- Wet & shirtless:
- more shirtless:
- Henry with Jonathan Rhys Meyers during a 'Tudors' break:
- Immortals, big photo
- Henry Cavill, Kellan Lutz & Luke Evans !
- Henry & Luke.
Wonder if anything went down between them?
- Henry & Luke interviewed:
- Why would anyone think ANYTHING might happen between an actor who may or may not be gay and Confirmed Heterosexual Luke Evans?!?!
- Gay or straight he was fucking hot in the tudors.
Oh yes, I bet they were lovers.
- Since Kellan Lutz, another rumored gay, was in the same film, do you think he got in on the action, R478?
- Interesting article.
- by: get a grip, fraulein reply 461
It´s not about my brother or HC, if u cannot read then go back to school.
It´s about general agressive gossiping, about any goodlooking guy actor or not.
If u were just sitting and fapping here in DL I won´t even ever heard about u, but uré creaping out all over the net with ur fantasies, trying to convince people, that those fantasies are true.
Get your own therapy, useless looser!
Yes, it's an interesting article.
Shame that the brainless fangurls can't read.
- Dear pr guy - R211
Your fantasy theory makes more sense with women who are more likely to fixate on one man for years than gay men. There are exceptions but men in general tend to move on quicker and their attention wanders. Obviously there are women like that too but I am speaking in general terms.
There are also a ton more hetero women out there with mad money to feed their fantasies than gay men, as well as hetero men who want to see their comic book heros as their macho alter-egos. That being the case your pr game of feeding gay fantasy rumors makes no sense. Who would go for the smaller group at the expense of a substantial drop off of the larger group.
Actors generally try to publicly support gay rights to show they are gay friendly. With the exception of Hugh Jackman very few try to solicit gay approval demonstratively and even he doesn't like gay rumors in the press. Just hopes gay men knows he's singing, posing, winking, fucking, to, for, at, and with them. And goes on pretending he's faithfully banging his beard wife for moronic hetero women.
- R482 Honey, come back when you learn spelling and grammar.
English isn´t my mother tongue fyi, just one of two foreign languages I can speak more or less fluently. How many foreign languages can you speak , "sweety"?
I´m not coming back though, but you all should be aware of how much damage to your own comunity such agressive gossiping does, and how many people will turn away from you and keep as long distance from your kind as they can.
- "With the exception of Hugh Jackman very few try to solicit gay approval demonstratively"
Really? I thought most actors tried to appeal to their gay fans today.
French, Italian, a little German and Spanish.
And as far as "how much damage to your own comunity" is concerned, I just quote the article mentioned above:
"It's not as though we want to harp on about our cover stars' sex lives anyway – we just want to live in a world where it's not considered "bad for business" to be openly gay.
Jane Czyzselska is the editor of 'Diva'"
Think of it and good luck!
- Photo of Henry around the dinner table with some of his brothers & parents:
- I'm not sure about this. I went to his page and saw a small image of him in drag, sequined Marilyn gown and party hat, but he might have just been drunk on St. Patrick's day. In reality I feel a bit psychotic trying to identify with pseudo-jocks and queers who have one or two "days out', then get back to work, working for the man.
- Oh, well , I hope your grammar and spelling in those 4 are at least not worse than mine in English ;=)
Good luck to you too, but mind that spreading lies won´t help in any fight for equalty and when you are fighting for your rights don´t forget about the rights of other people for privacy and personal choices.
- I don't see any actors swishing it up either in their work or interviews like he does deliberately (and sometimes not deliberately). But supporting gay marriage is more common (Clooney, Pitt).
- Sorry the post above was a reponse to R487.
- R492, are you referring to Henry swishing it up or Evans.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY HENCRY CAVILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!
- [quote]HAPPY BIRTHDAY HENCRY CAVILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Who's Hencry Cavill?
2. Do you really think he's going to read your stupid message, fangurl?
- Oops Henry !!!!
- No need to be so nasty, R496. Someone above was just wishing him a Happy Birthday. We often do that here even though most actors presumably don't read this board.
I guess he is 29 today?
- yes his 29 today
- I watched him on 'The Tudors' several years ago, but I never paid much attention to him off screen. He never really pinged to me at the time, but the more I read about him, the more I am beginning to think he is gay.
- His 29 what? Luftballoons?
- R500 Me too.
- he's gotten huge for the role... maybe too big?
- smoking hot in costume
- So no new pictures of the fiancee and him yet? Did they break up?
- Apparently, R505.
- he's gay, i know him from high school.
he used to go to every birthday party with his (boy)friend invited too.
he's never tried to hide it, but he's never told it to every person he's met.
i remember birthday party, at which he was kissing his longtime boyfriend
- when is the movie coming out?
- Not until 2013.
- R508: they have high school in the UK or did HC go to school in the US?
- He went to boarding school in the UK as far as I know.
- I do not believe they call it high school in the UK, so I think maybe the poster who said he went tohigh school with Henry is a fake.
We do use "High School" in the UK, but I think R508 is a fake anyway. If Henry were regularly bringing his BF to the High School bop and slavering over him in public, there would be a lot more kiss-n-tell stories from that period than there are. That would have been strikingly bold behaviour for a schoolboy in England when Henry was that age, and indeed it still would be.
- A recent interview with Henry said he went to boarding school in England when he was 13.
no mention of the U.S.
- He's gay, whatever school he attended.
- R508 doesn't sound like a native English speaker.
- Perhaps he is, R517. It's hard to know for sure yet.
- "he's gay, i know him from high school."
R508, someone who went to school with him said he had a girly arse and hips. Does or did he, and what did he or other people say about his butt?
- Don't tell me that his fans actually bought that "engagement"? One of the most feeble attempts at bearding I've seen.
- Why would he do it, R521?
- For R520:
They certainly did. They said "what a curvaceous and womanly bum" (that's Brit-talk for butt). Those were the very words they used.
- Getting back to the bearding, why didn't they just have him 'date' a woman? Or connect him with a bunch of women and portray him as a pussyhound?
Why go through a fake engagement?
- R523, thanks for the information and see the link below which is where I got tidbit about his hips and butt. How did he react to people saying that about him?
"He´s got a womans arse and hips and i know him - school - your all crazy and weird! and psycho - jude Law is what i call fit!"
- Henry and male friend on couch:
- He's still lovestruck by Jillian Michaels, lbr.
- there's got to be more people coming forward as the superman release date approaches... when is that, anyway?
- Not until 2013
- What's this story of Henry Cavill dating Gina Carano?Anyone know? She's filming in London and been seen w/ Henry. Is he gay or bi then?
- Henry Cavill dating Gina Carano seems staged for PR purposes, dont know whose party came it from.
- He's gay.
- Do you guys realize that this is the first result that comes up in Google when you search "Henry Cavill Gay"?
LOL! Poor Warner Bros.
Don't worry Warners, I will see the movie even if Henry is gay!
- I know I should support him since he's gay, but his acting is awful almost painful to watch. Luckily, lots of brainless fangurls follow him.
- 533 I just used Google. The first result I got was "henry cavill superman" followed by workout and girlfriend.
Since I posted more than 200+ posts ago no further evidence has been put forth to take me off the fence. I really would like to know either way. I've been trying to figure out his sexuality for 4 years. Isn't there a gay person who has worked with Henry that can give us his or her impression of whether he's straight or gay?
- The photos of Henry with Cory Spears appear to raise a strong possibility that he is gay.
- Can someone give sufficient evidence that Henry Cavill is gay aside from the photo with Corey Spears???
- His two known relationships with women were with Jillian Michaels, an Amazon professional fitness trainer who is now an out lesbian, and with the Amazon show jumper who just broke off their engagement.
- He is gay. He was barely ever with his former "fiancée" and then there were no surprises when the engagement was called off. I expect him to beard up with some starlet when Superman comes out.
- So, the rumors of him dating Jake Gyllenhaal on the downlow a couple of years ago is true?
- I suppose it's possible, R540.
I'm a lot more willing to believe Henry Cavill is gay than Jensen Ackles.
- How is Henry Cavill'
s publicist? Jennifer?????????
- Gina Carano? SERIOUSLY???? That chick has more testosterone than I do!
They're really just biding their time until Taylor Swift to become available again, right?
- He seems to like athletic, masculine women. His ex-'fiance' was a show jumper.
- [quote]He seems to like athletic, masculine women.
You're 2/3's correct.
The Mail just got that article from fan sites and ran with it. Henry hasn't been seen with what fans think is Gina for months, and the times they were her face was never shown.
Seriously, fans were running through names, until they finally decided it had to be Gina.
So, who knows really whether or not it was her.
The only link I can see how Henry could have met Gina was through Luke Evans, since they starred in Fast Six together.
Luke already is flying around town with his publicist, Holly, so . . .
- Luke Evans and Henry Cavill are both gays.
- R547 That's the real couple
- They're not a couple but they enjoy each other's "company" occasionally.
- Do you know something about them, R549? Tell us.
- Up for this kernel of gossip.
- Yeah, what's up with them? Watching those Youtube interviews, I was catching a little fawning and eye gazing from Henry to Luke. My ears perked up, and I figured they had something going on, but if you have SOMETHING TO SHARE, please don't deprive us.
I will share that I have a photo of Luke wearing Henry's ugly Gucci shoes.
I don't know if anyone is aware of HC's infamous ugly Gucci shoes, but they are notorious. He wears them a lot and not well.
Anyway, I happen to be looking at a photo of Luke at Wondercom, and he's wearing the same damn shoes. For some reason, the shoes look better on Luke. I guess you have to wear them with dark pants.
Here's HC in the Gucci shoes.
- Here's the photo with Luke wearing the shoes.
- Ya know, yes (sigh), you're client is a good looking man, Miss PR Shill. But something isn't clicking with the DL, gossip sites, paps, whatever. Leave it till a fortnight before Man of Steel comes out you'll do better then.
- Haha, you're mental.
- Oh wow, those are the same shoes.
So Luke was the bottom?
- Gina is said to be the top pick for Wonder Woman in the upcoming Justice League film. Pretty much says it all. Cavill is gorgeous, hopefully Superman is a hit and he becomes a huge star.
- And ???
- R556, I don't think he is a bottom. Of course, I'm a straight chick but gay friendly.
I follow him on Twitter and FB, and he seems to balk at any hint of being fem. My guess is Henry is the bottom, as he's always dropping hints that Luke is strong and a Honeybadger, which is British for a tough a@@ dude.
Watching their youtube interviews, you can get the hint that Luke is the boss. Skipping pass the big boobs, notice, when the interviewer asks them the first question how Luke tells Henry to go and he jumps to it. To me, that's says it all.
- I WILL NOT LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE HENRY CAVILL IS A BOTTOM!
SUPERMAN [bold]MUST[/bold] BE AN EXCLUSIVE TOP!
- Didn't they both star in "Immortals" together? Was it all that time spent half-naked together on set?
- He's not gay.
- said the frau
- So apparently, Henry is [bold]very[/bold] uncomfortable filming love scenes with women. Luke seems to smirk (I think he knows the real reason why). He even pokes fun at Henry, basic telling him that he's going to ruin every straight girl's fantasy. Love it.
PS: Note how butch he seems to be in this interview.
- Now, continuing the previous thought, notice how he has [bold]always[/bold] been really uncomfortable filming love scenes with women. In fact, the entire exchange starting at 1:40, where he describes not being into any of his co-stars, is very telling. He also was less butch as a babygay; jazz hands--and jazz head--for days. Finally, the little chat with the groupie at the end was totally awkward. The verdict: Yes, Henry is on our team. He has just gotten more polished about hiding the evidence.
- All you need to do is Google Image Search "Henry Cavill girlfriend" and see what you get. Then Google any straight actor with "girlfriend" and compare the two.
The straights are picking up on this too, on a comic book forum for Man of Steel one of them pointed out that a straight guy with Henry's looks would be bringing actresses and supermodels to premieres, but Henry is never seen with a female date.
Even his one attempt at bearding - with Ellen Whitaker - was so transparent that the Daily Mail makes fun of it (every time they write about him, they mention she broke off the engagement to go live with her best friend Jennifer.)
So yeah, Henry is probably on our team. I don't expect him to come out or anything, but I hope maybe we're at the stage where he can just be quietly gay and conduct himself with some dignity instead of going all Jeremy Renner and disavowing his gayness.
Can I just say that I LOVE Henry and I hope the rumors don't hurt "Man of Steel" or Henry's career. He is equal parts Superman and Mr. Darcy and deserves to have a great career on the big screen.
- I whole-heartedly echo the sentiments of your last two paragraphs, R566. (And your third paragraph gave me a good laugh!)
I love Henry too, ever since I first saw him in the Count of Monte Cristo. Even then, you could tell he'd be a breathtakingly beautiful man. I have a thing for Superman, too, so I'd drop to my knees for him faster than a Baptist at the Rapture. I wish him nothing but the very best.
- It is so eerie watching the Comic Con Superman trailer because it has Henry saying, "If the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me..."
...how true is that? Would people reject Henry as Superman if he was gay? Or if he is that good, would people be able to say, "I don't care what he does off the set, he's a good Superman and that's all that counts?"
I think that if he was gay, and if the movie is a hit, and he was as good a Superman as he appears to be and the fans loved him, he'd have their support if he was to come out - or at least be very transparently glass-closeted. But he could, IMO, conceivably be the first openly gay movie star if he chose that path.
- Ironically Matt Bomer apparently lost the part because he was gay.
His engagement always seemed like complete bs. For being engaged for so long they were almost never spotted together.
- Bomer being gay probably contributed to his losing the role but what happened was a little more complicated. You can read R357 in the "Jackie Collins" thread to get a rundown.
What is ironic is that Henry Cavill came very close to being cast as Superman right after the Bomer debacle. McG took over the project (Superman Flyby) and he wanted to cast Henry. But McG was removed from the project before anyone could be cast (he refused to board a Warner corporate jet to Australia to scout locations; apparently he cannot fly over water.) Then Bryan Singer was brought in and the project became Superman Returns.
Basically it came down to having a strong advocate push you for the role; Bomer didn't have one in Ratner but Cavill did in Christopher Nolan.
- The description of the new Man of Steel trailer is linked below. It's being released this coming Friday and will be shown before The Hobbit.
Notice Jonathan Kent's advice to Clark. This, in addition to the dialogue r568 pointed out,@ seems to indicate they're taking the same approach to "super powers as a metaphor" as the X-Men films did.
- What's funny is that Henry played a pussyhound on 'The Tudors'.
- 15 million views since Tuesday!
- ^ it's a SUPERMAN movie, what do you expect?
- r570, the fact WB even considered him at all tells you how fucked up this project is.
They knew he doesn't fly before they signed him up, so I suspect it was more complicated.
I don't know how much input the Nolans have. They've distanced themselves from the project and kept a low profile.
I heard they had serious script trouble; and god knows Christopher Nolan isn't going to get them out of that.
- Even though he's gay, as long as he's in closet, he's as straight as John Travolta.
- [quote]R570, the fact WB even considered him at all tells you how fucked up this project is. They knew he doesn't fly before they signed him up, so I suspect it was more complicated.
WTF does that even mean?
- [quote]I don't know how much input the Nolans have. They've distanced themselves from the project and kept a low profile.
Um, this movie exists because he agreed to produce it. He assembled the creative team and the screenplay is based on his story. And he's never distanced himself from it. Holy hell, you're a dumbass.
- r577, it means that McG has a well known fear of flying, and anything around that, like location shoots and promotion would be problematic. Anyone who hires him knows that going in; he wouldn't be removed for that reason alone.
r578, that is a tentpole property for WB, Nolan is not central to its production. There are odd rights issues/lawsuits around this that effect the production dates, i.e. they want it out sooner than later.
As for the "story" it was a co-credit with David Goyer, who is given sole screenplay credit.
- Oh, I wasn't sure what you were saying because you said "this production", I thought you were talking about Man of Steel. My bad.
The McG story is apparently true and was written about in the book "Superman vs. Hollywood". He was fired after he failed to show up for a flight to Sydney with studio executives on a charter jet from LAX; they had arranged the special jet just for him, after he had refused an offer to fly a Qantas flight that Warner had offered to buy out every seat in first class. In the lead up to his dismissal he had actually gone so far as to prepare presentations for the Warner execs on why they should shoot the film in Canada or New York, but Australia was offering the best tax incentives so Warner insisted it be shot there; McGinty for his part did finally consent to it only to stand up the executives at the airport.
While Warner was facing a court case over the rights issues (which they would eventually win), there was no particular incentive to sequelize or reboot Superman after the failure of Superman Returns until Nolan came onboard. He may not be directing it but it is his "brand"; he is the reason why the film looks the way it does (it looks like a Christopher Nolan film, not a Zak Snyder film); why it is being written by his Batman collaborator David Goyer; why Hans Zimmer is scoring it; and Nolan is also the reason why the fan support is so overwhelming.
- No, guys, you are gay.
- He's a bi. He loves both.
- How can fraus and teenagers be so dumb, it's beyond me. He's gay, gay, gay.
- How can you tell? Gay can tell who is gay?
- R584, get lost frau. What the fuck is up with the frau invasion here lately? Go back to imdb.. I'm sure there's plenty of fraus there who will share your opinion on him being straight. But don't you fucking dare to come on to a GAY website and proclaim he's straight. Seriously.. fuck off you homophobic cunt.
- R584 makes me think that the psycho from this morning kind of had a point.
- Sorry, I meant r585
- Excuse me.. I'm in the wrong for wanting to discuss a gay celebrity, just because I don't want to read "he's straight!" without any proof what so ever on every effing thread here lately? FFS, I've been here for 7 years. I've never been attacked like I have lately. The frau invasion needs to stop.
[quote]How can you tell, gay can tell who is gay?
This is clearly from a frau.. all of the bad grammar makes it clear it's a woman, and if it was a gay guy he wouldn't write that, because gaydar is something that every gay man knows about.
Again.. if you want to discuss celebrities, and insist they're gay.. go to the millions of websites that actually cater to straight women. Leave us alone. Let us discuss the celebs we want to discuss. Don't come barging into every thread just to claim someone is straight. This is a GAY website for a reason.
- [quote]Again.. if you want to discuss celebrities, and insist they're gay..
Sorry, I meant "insist they're straight".
- No, you are in the wrong for acting like you have the privilege to determine who has the right to post in this thread. BREAKING NEWS: HENRY IS NOT AN OPENLY GAY CELEBRITY. Assumptions about his sexuality can only be peiced together from circumstantial evidence. You have NO RIGHT to say, "He is gay, accept it or go away" because you have nothing to stand on.
- R591, go choke on Henry's gay egg.
- Apparently, I directed myself to go choke on Henry's gay egg. Sorry, Freudian slip. (And I don't mind doing it at all, gurl!)
The other gay egg was intended for R590, who's busy embracing her inner frau with glee.
- R592 Look up Groupthink and see if any of the symptoms resonate with you.
- Please, start a new thread. Thanks.
- Why are people linking to cartoon versions of him on DL lately? The real thing is much better.
- Another thread coming to an end.
- Henry may be gay, I'm certainly seeing more indications that it is possible, but to be honest we don't really know until we see him with a guy.
- @598. Wouldn't the lack of seeing him (consistently) with women provide you with the same conclusion?
not willfully ignorant
- Well, yes, possibly, R599, but that's not proof that he is gay.
Many heterosexual people are not necessarily photographed with their romantic partners walking beside them - that doesn't mean they are gay.
Henry Cavill has consistently said he is straight and referred to being with women (as in the interviews linked above) and he was briefly engaged, even if it was a suspicious engagement.
So I'm leaning towards gay, but need something a little bit more before I can reach a definitive conclusion.