- She stopped being able to hide her age 15 years ago.
- OP, in the picture now, she looks like Rachel Zoe.
- She''s at that point already.
The Sticky & Sweet DVD filmed 50 feet from the stage
- If the leaked music video to her forthcoming CD is any indication, she is already at that point:
- I think she''d have looked better if she hadn''t stuck to a low fat diet for so many years. I think a modified paleo or Weston Price approach helps one age better. You need good quality fats.
- Her skin looks really weird. It''s that Cat Lady skin plastic surgery victims wind up with for some reason.
- Dunno OP, but I lie awake at night worry about the way Madonna looks.
- Her second husband got away in time. I''m sure he was able to see the signs.
- She has really got to rethink the whole macrobiotic diet, but she has never resolved her issues with food so that won''t be happening. She really does believe that that diet is doing her wonders. But it is the first thing that cost her her looks. %0D\
She is obsessed with keeping her weight down, which ends up looking bad on anybody after a certain age. You need some fat to round you out. The grueling spectacle tours have become her forte in the last decade, and she will have to keep up with that. No one wants to see her just stand in front of a microphone and sing. And she isn''t the type of performer who can do that. Tina Turner still struts, but it isn''t just all that with her. You go to a Madona show, you want an Event.
- She''s starting to look like Sally Struthers.
- I simply don''t see what all are talking about. Firstly, Madonna has ALWAYS had a bony, angular face. She has prominent cheek bones, a pointed chin and a square jaw. Her diet certainly has made the bones more prominent. Although I think she''s probably done some fillers and botox, I have never seen any evidence that she''s had anything cut and sewn back tighter. She has not had a facelift. They are very obvious and distort the natural planes of the face. She does not have that effect. I don''t even think she''s had her eyes tucked.
- Geez, R11, what the hell do you call those cheek implants? In some photos you can see the outline of the edge of the implant. I can''t imagine who in their right mind gets these. I''ve never seen them on someone in person, but they always photograph badly.
- Delusional R11? Madonna has had tons of work.
- At what age? I haven''t been able to hide a flaw since the dawning of the Age of Aqueerius, cause you bitter bitches will not let a single wrinkle slide.
Madonna, coyly hiding her hands that rob the cradle
- As long as they have good injectibles, Madonna will never age.
- She was born at the right time. Plastic surgery gets better as she ages.%0D\
When she gets too old she''ll just pimp Lourdes.
- She''s already doing that, R16.
- "I see her now, and with the right lighting she can still pass as a woman in her 40s"%0D\
OP, it''s really not all that unusual for a 53 year old woman to be able to still pass for a woman in her 40s.%0D\
How many times has someone paid you a compliment, "Oh my God, you look four years younger!"
- When did Madonna get a facelift? Her hairline is farther back than it used to be so she obviously had one.%0D\
I didn''t know facelifts changed your hairline like this still. It seems so old school.
- whenever I see Madonna holding Lourdes'' hand, it always reminds me of Judy struggling to steady herself while holding Liza''s.
- haha R4
- "Firstly, Madonna has ALWAYS had a bony, angular face."%0D\
You must be delusional because that statement is ridiculously untrue. Anyone who looks at early pictures of Madonna can plainly see that she had a wide, doughy, full face back then. Especially during her early MTV video days; she was actually rather plump back in the day. And plastered with heavy makeup and dripping with geegaws (bows, torn lace gloves, crosses, jangling bracelets and necklaces) and wearing underwear as outerwear, with a wild mop of unevenly dyed long hair. She might as well have had SLUT branded across her forehead. But that was her image back then. And she''s still trying to hold onto that pose.
- The Ages of Reason, Enlightenment and High Definition.
- r11 here. Yes, Madonna had a doughy-er face waaaay back, because she had more body fat. Take away most of the body fat, with her extreme diet and workout regimen, and you get what she looks like now. She has NOT had cheekbone implants. I have 2 friends who chose this unfortunate procedure, and they don''t look anything like Madonna''s cheeks. Cheekbone implants are small, like 2" x 3" and do not extend down to the bottom of the cheekbone. They only cover the top part up by the eye. What you''re seeing on Madonna is the bones up underneath the skin with very little fat to cushion them. And p.s. most of the ''before and after'' pictures of celebs on sites like awfulplasticsurgery.com are not examples of surgery, but lighting and makeup.
- Ten years ago. Blondes, even bottle blondes, don''t age well especially if they have lived a FULL life!
- Can anyone honestly look at this face and not think she''s had plastic surgery.%0D\
The hair on the sides of her face hide a multitude of sins.
- This woman is a joke. Her paid boyfriend looks like one of Lola''s classmates.
- She''s anorexic and it has taken a toll on her face.%0D\
That, and she was unfortunate genes. Italian women don''t age well. Yeah, Sophia Loren is the lone exception, but get real.
- She looks ridiculous swimming in that jogging suit. She probably looks scary naked.
Madonna has the thick middle of a woman going through menopause.
- [quote]She looks ridiculous swimming in that jogging suit. She probably looks scary naked.%0D\
She also looks ridiculous wearing a hat in the ocean while she''s swimming. Her hair is wet, so I bet that hat smells like a wet dog.%0D\
BTW, why doesn''t she ever do anything with Mercy''s hair besides having it in cornrows all the time? Poor little girl must get tired of that.%0D\
- Isn''t her bf a dancer? I''d expect him to have a better body. He has pasty white legs, too.
- Madonna is "well-preserved", not youthful - she''s entering her 6th decade and looks it. But her hands are those of an aged crone.
- She''s officially entered Norma Desmond territory.%0D\
I don''t give a shit how much fuck-you money she has. She looks ridiculous, foolish and desperate with these boys.%0D\
- [quote]I don''t give a shit how much fuck-you money she has. She looks ridiculous, foolish and desperate with these boys.%0D\
I completely agree. You would have to have low self-esteem to pay someone to be with you when you know damn well that if you weren''t rich, these 20-somethings wouldn''t give you a second glance. She''s the female Kelsey Grammar.
- The question should be: " At What Age Will Madonna No Longer Be Able To Hide Her RAGE?"
- R37 What do you mean "no longer"? It''s always been obvious she''s a miserable unhappy hag.
- Why single out Kelsey Grammer? Pretty much any straight male celebrity uses his money to get twenty-somethings and other women he''d probably never be able to get ordinarily.
- R39 I was just using him as an example - I don''t have time to list them all. But he came to mind first since he''s on his fourth marriage.
- The plastic surgery is making her face look older. She is getting the menopausal puffy look. She has fat deposits in all different parts of her face. She put domes in her cheeks to give her the appearance of baby fat, and sometimes it looks good. Other times she looks frightening, like she's a hamster. They had her surgeon on television, and he looks like a freak! He looks like that guy who now is dubbed the walking Ken doll.
She definitely has an eating disorder, and body dismorphic disorder. She works out for hours every single day, and she goes on and on about how fat she is. She's a control freak. I understand and respect that, but she's gone off the deep end now.
She's no longer wearing her Kabbalah string, nor going to the Kabbalah Centre anymore. I guess she's finally had enough, especially after they scammed her, and got her in trouble three times with the FBI.
They say you either have your body or your face when you're old. You have to pick one. The problem is, her body looks horrific, and that's the one she's chosen to spend her time on, leaving her face to the doctors. Both look ridiculous. If you're a touring act, you need stamina, but she's not doing the workouts just for that. She actually thinks she looks sexy. At least she doesn't seem to be jealous of Lola -- yet. She's using her daughter now.
- [quote]She''s no longer wearing her Kabbalah string, nor going to the Kabbalah Centre anymore. %0D\
Do what cult/religion is she going to join next? Is she gonna become Islamic like her boyfriend for attention?
- Yeah, the drowned rat look is not a flattering one, but this pic shows she''s still looking pretty youthful.
- She doesn''t look youthful.%0D\
She looks unhappy and blurry with bright lights shining in her face in the dark. The lighting makes anybody look ''youthful''.%0D\
She also has dreadfully age-inappropriate hair.
- What is her fetish with the ethnic men?
- i always thought she looked better with shorter hair. She''s had that dirty wild child hair since her 40s.
- [quote]What is her fetish with the ethnic men?%0D\
I don''t know, but what I find funny is that she likes to fuck ethnic men but won''t marry them. With the exceptions of her ex-husband and Warren Beatty, almost all of her men have been Black or Hispanic. So it''s obvious she just wants to fuck ethnic men, but doesn''t think they''re good enough to marry.%0D\
- I don''t like this guy at all. Every pic I have seen him in when at the beach or the ocean, he''s always wearing shoes. Never trust a man who hates showing his feet. %0D\
At least Jesus liked his (own) feet.
- [quote]She also has dreadfully age-inappropriate hair.%0D\
I agree - all the bleach over the years must have ruined her hair because it looks thin, stringy and fried.%0D\
I honestly think she looks better with her natural hair color, like from the Like A Prayer days or the Power of Goodbye video.%0D\
The blonde hair is tired
- Come on, she looks good in the picture I posted at R43. The vast majority of women would KILL to look that good when they get to 53.\
Hate her for dating teenagers or for being an insufferable cunt, but she looks good for her age.
- [quote]But she looks good for her age.%0D\
That''s up for debate. The fact that she looks like this AFTER plastic surgery isn''t saying much.%0D
- France? None told me they were going to France. And who is that woman Madonna is talking to?
Ingrid, all jittery and nervous that her time is up
- "The vast majority of women would KILL to look that good when they get to 53."%0D\
The vast majority of women WOULD KILL THEMSELVES if they look like that when they get to 53.%0D\
There, fixed it for ya.
- Just for the record, many Italian women age well. Generally, they age much better than English, German, Central European and Balkan women. %0D\
French women also age well. Hit or miss in Spain.
- What makes this guy "ethnic"? Isn''t that pretty racist? I''m not trying to start a flame war, but it is pretty stupid to use for people who aren''t white. Madonna''s not really what people considered "white" for ages since she''s Italian anyway.\
I think her hair looks fine. I wish she''d do something completely shocking with it again. She''s been so fucking boring for the last decade. Ditch the wigs already!\
I loved her dyke cut around the "Girlie Show" era. \
She''s so pale that dark hair can make her look like a zombie creature. She looked stunning in "The Power of Goodbye", but that was a dye job. "Like A Prayer" was her own hair color, as was "A League of Their Own". She was pissed when she had to change it for the "Sex" book which was shot right after filming ended.\
It''s amazing that she doesn''t worry about looking this bad in front of her bf, when there are young girls his own age standing around. She must really have him paid well.
- You sure about that R54? Italian women are like Cinderella at the ball when the clock strikes midnight. Stunning until about early forties, then fast train to thick waists, hairy moles and mustaches.
- Italian men on the other hand, with their thick hair, my god, can go on an on. \
Irish men are the equivalent of Italian women, just so you know I am not sexist. They reach about early forties and get those gigantic meat heads.
- Nah, r56. Italians historically and scientifically look better than other groups when they age due to the oil in their skin. If they''re healthy, they always look pretty much younger than their official ages. Madonna is simply not healthy.
- Damn! Shes the most major fag hag of all time. Of course "the gays" hate her cause, still, they want to be her & resent the fact that they aren''t a rich blonde bitch... shes fucking hot "straight blatinos." I give her a pass and you bitches should too.
Pee Wee Poundstone
- Yes, the Irish have it the worst. The women have their faces fall to the ground the moment they hit 40. It''s tragic. You can tell what they''re going to look like when they''re older when they''re young.
- Ok, here is a high resolution photo of her, arriving at the Vanity Fair Oscar party on February 27, 2011.\
She looks amazing. This is a candid shot. Go to the photo link and click the photo to enlarge it, it is huge. \
Unless the photographer rubbed Vaseline on the lens, she''s a knockout. \
I''ll see if I can find more.
- R61 LOL! Are you serious? That''s AFTER the stylists, makeup artists, and hairdressers fixing her up. Take all that away, and then what''s left? Not much.
- R61, no shit. I never said she didn''t have makeup on. \
Anyway, look at these BROWS!!\
Again, click the photo twice
- Lola is looking more and more like a Kardashian.\
This photo is from March 2011, and all 3 are caked in heavy makeup.
- Madonna''s brows are higher and more taught than Lourde''s or Kelley''s
- Compare to this close up of Goop who is decades younger.
yes, click twice to enlarge
- And Christy Turlington (wow,talk about aging!)
- Still something beautiful about Cristy. An inner beauty that shines through, even though she has no make up on.
- Goop may be insufferable, but I always thought she was an attractive, pretty woman.
- Christy looks natural. Madonna does not.%0D\
Madonna really messed up her face with those cheeks. She looked fine before. I think she had an eye job too because her eyes seem slightly off.%0D\
- 25 to 30.%0D\
That''s when your metabolism begins to wind down, your lung capacity lessens,and if it runs in the family-gray hair makes it''s first appearence. %0D\
The stars in ages past simply moved through the roles available to them and did what they could, with what nature gave them, to stay before the public. And gracefully went behind the scenes, or retired when the natural gifts had been spent.%0D\
There''s nothing more admirable than knowing when one''s time in a certain part of their lives is done with, and moving along. As it is, all these Youth Worshippers are doomed to play their own finally scene in Sunset Boulevard.
- r70, Madonna didn''t look fine. She looked like she was dying. In the first half of the 00s, she looked like the living dead. She got all the botox and the fillers money could by mid-way through that decade, and then it just wouldn''t work anymore. She dumped Richie right before her 50th, and I guess she did the typical "birthday present to herself", a body makeover. She looked really good during some of 2008, which is when the cheeks made their debut. Then we got that infamous shot of her coming out of the Kabbalah Center, looking like a chipmunk. She looked really scary last year when she opened one of her gyms. She looked like she had gained 50 lbs. in her face. They do say that once you start with the plastic surgery, you can''t stop. Most people become addicted, and Madonna being such a control freak, wanted everything perfect, she is the perfect candidate for addiction.
- I''m going to post some pix of her with all the face work, pics in which I think she looks actually pretty good. Some people say she looks horrible in them. You be the judge.
- 2010 Rio.
- Nine premier.
- With Jesus.
- Oscars 2009.
- Oscars 09.
- VMAs 2009.
- Gym pic comparison.
- [italic]Shes the most major fag hag of all time.[/italic]\
She ditched the gays during the Guy Ritchie years. Her tour dancers are straight, although that''s not shocking since the majority of these hip hop dancing kids are straight. The only gays she has around her now is photographer, Steven Klein, and when she''s doing her tours, Jamie King. That''s all. She has an entourage, but it now only houses one gay dude. I don''t think Madonna has many friends to be honest. She has Paltrow, Stella McCartney, and Jessica Seinfeld.
- R80 and R81 are gorgeous. She done fucked up since then.
- werewolf hairline
- Oh damn, double click on R85. That is one hairy Mary!
- She looks good to great the the R75-82 pics, though some are from over two years ago, which does make a difference.\
I think the fact is that she''s 53, she has aged, obviously. Depending on her hair, make-up, lighting, how much weight she''s carrying, and how any surgery or procedures (botox) she may have has settled, Madonna at this time can look any number of ways from really good to quite bad. The links in this thread show the spectrum.\
IMO, the main thing she has to avoid is looking harsh -- too skinny, too angular, to gaunt. She looks horrible like that. And, I hope she avoids trying to have a super skinny body but then wants a fuller face so she gets fillers.
- I wonder if she''s getting menopause bloat. No doubt she hasn''t gotten her period in years since she works out, getting her body fat down to nearly nothing, and takes hormones. She probably doesn''t even know if she has any eggs left, or if she''s totally grey without the hair dye.
- Sure sometimes, with a soft focus, the right lighting and when the work has settled in. . . she looks good in photos. But even when she looks better, she doesn''t seem confident and has lost any sense of style (probably along the same timeline as r83 mentions).\
She seems quite asexual these last few years. I think the boys are just accessories, part of the effort to appear more youthful.\
I guess I don''t understand her drive to remain in the pubic eye when it''s torture for her due to her vanity.
- I don''t know r89. This is pretty sexy.
- Oh, and..
- R72, all I know is up until Hard Candy and Filth and Wisdom timeframe I thought she looked fine. Then all of a sudden she she sprouted those ridiculous cheeks that only look good in certain angles and with the right lighting and makeup.%0D\
I think she only had fillers before 2008 then decided to go with cheek implants.
- Just want to say that my Italian aunt is almost 50 and truly as stunning and gorgeous as she ever was.
- charlie (R7), why are you here? Most of the time, I get your, shall we say, "seasoned" approach to threads and respect my elders. But gurl, get gone unless you want to participate in the "pointless bitchery" that is clearly the point of this thread.
- I guess she''s caught between a rock and a hard place. Once you get that much plastic surgery, including cheek implants, don''t you have to keep getting more to maintain it? You''d look weird if you just suddenly stopped getting it after a certain point.
- OMG, she's wearing a new wig that looks JUST like Joan Crawford, only black!
- Look at her eyes. I hate what happens to most blue or green eyes when people age, they get darker, and dull, sort of grey.
- She's no Janet, who continuously looks youthful and beautiful.
- I predict that Madonna will become irrelevant around the Year 2000. Just a prediction.
- Everybody dies!
- Middle aged HR advisor:
- "She's no Janet, who continuously looks youthful and beautiful"
Janet Jackson looks like the Grinch, you retarded Janet Jackson fangurl.
- [quote]Janet Jackson looks like the Grinch, you retarded Janet Jackson fangurl
Oh, get bent you stupid hater. Janet is beautiful, and eternally youthful and gorgeous..you know..like, the opposite of yourself.
- Madonna is now the victim of her own steely ambition and determination to be thin, exercise like a maniac and diet religiously. Unfortunately, it hasn't made her look better or younger. She looks like an elderly athlete-all tendons and sinews.
Can you imagine how grim her life must be? Must exercise more! Must eat less! She must be totally joyless to be around. How often is there a photo of a genuinely happy or laughing Madonna. Sad.
She should have redefined aging the way she redefined women in popular music. A little subtle surgery, pilates etc but also a little champagne and caviar. She gave the finger to everything in the 80s but caved in to a fight she can't win. She should have said Fuck you to aging and just enjoyed her life!
- Madonna has also been a notorious insomniac most of her life. She would stay awake all night not partying but just working things out in her head or working on something.
You can eat and exercise with the best chefs and the best trainers, but if you don't sleep, you age prematurely.
- I think the thread is better titled At What Age Was Madonna No Longer Able to Hide her Age?
- I agree R105. Her regimen seems so joyless and austere. On Letterman they did a bit where Dave took her for pizza, and she asked for just dough with sauce - no cheese or meat and finally agreed to a few black olives. She took a demure bite. This is the same woman who ate leftover McDonald's fries she picked out of bags from the garbage in the late 70's.
- [quote]Her regimen seems so joyless and austere. On Letterman they did a bit where Dave took her for pizza, and she asked for just dough with sauce - no cheese or meat and finally agreed to a few black olives. She took a demure bite.
I remember that. It was pathetic. And then after one bite, she gave the rest of the pizza away.
Think about it - if someone can't even "let go" and eat some pizza or some junk food every now and then, she must be INCREDIBLY boring. One slice of pizza with some cheese and toppings on it every now and then isn't going to ruin your body for crying out loud.
- She used to live off of cheese popcorn in her NYC days. You'd think she'd shovel in food by the mouthful now that she can afford it.
- She should let herself go and enjoy some food!
- Here's a picture from her Instragram profile. I'm shocked she posted this. She looks old
- Why does she exclusively wear black!? It looks awful on her and is so tiresome. The endless cut off lingerie/biker/lace and leather look is beyond played out and just looks like hell on her.
- Probably chubby Janet Jackson would be the person best able to answer that question.
- You mean Jurassic Janet Jackson, don't you?
- Why do you people of DL continuously fall for the Madonna hater who comes out of her cave once every 3 months, sees her own shadow and types a screed about Madonna?
If you trolldar this thing, you'll find her talking asking AND answering the same questions. She's a sicko.
- Elder-ghey thread.
- Funny, after all the work she's had done- she just ends up looking like any well-kept woman in her mid-50's. It's like all the effort is just to make her look her age.
- The expiration date on that product was about 20 years back.
- Madonna Van Doren.
- Grandma is trying to be hip with the kids and is now wearing a diamond grill on her teeth (not joking).
Man, this bitch is a joke!
- "Pats, I'm 72."
- Her body's pretty nice for her age (except that her arms are too sinewy and veiny) and she still has her hair, I think.
If she would have just left her face alone, she'd look fantastic. She's be a fantastic-looking 54 year old woman who gave birth to two children. Not twenty, not thirty, but a great-looking older and experienced woman.
The fear of wrinkles has ruined her looks. It is the fear of rich women. To them, it is worse than death.
Ladies, just allow yourselves to look older, more mature, and wiser. It's a good look, it has it's place in life, as your wisdom is needed in this world.
- When Lourdes has grandchildren, she'll have to come clean.
- [quote] On Letterman they did a bit where Dave took her for pizza
Wasn't that because she said she had never had a bite of NY pizza? (She was lying, of course.) I am the remembering this wrong?