- Justin Bieber...duh.
- Justin Bieber makes Zac Efron and Taylor Lautner look like a pair of whiskey-shooting, tobacco-chewing lumberjacks who spend their free time scouring NASCAR payperview nights in sports bars on the prowl for bitches and hos.
- Another vote for Justin Bieber.
- For your consideration: Jimmy Osmond.
- Neil Sedaka. No contest.
- Is Biebs really nelly, though? He''s kidlike and kind of androgynous because his puberty has been so slow to kick in, but he doesn''t strike me as effeminate in the way that Miss Taylor Lautner most profoundly is.
- That Jimmy Osmond video is brilliant. Did he ever put out an album of mammy songs?
- Bieber''s popularity mystifies me. I was SHOCKED when I found out his real age. I assumed he was 12.
- Justin Bieber doesn''t look like a man. He doesn''t even look like a boy. He looks like a very young lesbian. I don''t think he has any testosterone, nor has he gone through puberty (and he''s almost 18). Something is very weird there.\
Zac is slightly more masculine than Taylor Lautner, who is GLARINGLY gay.\
But then you have Robert Pattinson, who is so giggly and fey in all of his interviews.
- Osmond was never a teen idol, though.%0D\
He was like Jimmy Baio - a relative of famous people.%0D\
And why are his eye so damn far apart?
- R9''s post reminded me of this:
- [quote]nor has he gone through puberty\
He has now.
- I don''t think Bieber''s effeminate, either. He has no effeminate mannerisms (hands, neck) and unlike Lautner does not have gayvoice.
- Chris Colfer is probably the nelliest of them all. Remember he was second place in that ridic AfterElton list.
- Teen Idols are nelly by definition.
- Yes, it''s Chris Colfer.
- "Chris Colfer is probably the nelliest of them all. Remember he was second place in that ridic AfterElton list."%0D\
Chris Colfer isn''t really a teen idol, though. Gay men vote at AfterElton, not teen/tween girls.
- Tween/teen girls ADORE Chris.
- There was a pale, skinny blond kid (long hair) on the covers of teen magazines several decades ago. Put a stuffed bra on him and he could pass for a girl.
- Taylor Lautner makes Zac Effron look positively butch.
- But the irony is that Bieber is not gay. He actually strikes me as probably growing into a real pussy hound. %0D\
Zac Efron don''t like pussy. That is apparent when you first look at him. Zac is pretty, plastic and a closet case.
- Taylor Lautner owns this thread. He is very aware of his image, and how his effeminate nature hurts this image. Catch some clips of him when he has "let his guard down," so to speak... VERY nelly. His PR team is very good about keeping him out of non-acting situations such as interview and charity events for this reason.%0D
Justin Bieber is sort of an outlier, and certainly a unique case. His popularity, like someone else said, mystifies me since he became a teen heatthrob without even beginning puberty until at least age 17. When I was a teen (two decades ago), there was value placed on the attractiveness of somoeone who was clearly becoming a man, unlike Bieber, who was at the height of his popularity at age 16 without even beginning puberty. Puberty that delayed is unusual, but not unheard of. Bieber's PR people are aware that his extraordinarily delayed puberty is becoming noticeable, and they are careful not to place him in a sitaution where it would be obvious - ie. when he played in a televised charity basketball game recently, he played with a sleeved t-shirt under his sleeveless jersey to avoid making obvious his lack of pubic hair. Bieber, however, is now undergoing puberty and is, although VERY short, not at all nelly. He will be particularly young-looking and handsome when he's in his 30's.%0D
Zac Efron, by the way, is also not nelly.
- [quote]But the irony is that Bieber is not gay. He actually strikes me as probably growing into a real pussy hound. \
Really? I think his ''relationship'' with Selena Gomez is incredibly awkward and fake. \
Robert Pattinson not only looks like somebody who doesn''t like pussy, he has actually stated he HATES it. He''s also showmancing a lesbian...
- Nobody could out-nellie Leif Garrett with his pouty lips, fluffy hair, queenie poses...
- Sweet 16
- More Miss Garrett prior to jail.
- Someone could try.
- [quote]Chris Colfer isn''t really a teen idol, though. Gay men vote at AfterElton, not teen/tween girls.\
LMAO.. really!?!? I beg to differ. How do you explain the fugly Darren Kriss coming up on top if fangirls didn''t vote? They were actually allowed to vote in their hot men. And btw.. yeah, I don''t think Darren Kriss is hot at all, and he doesn''t deserve to be on the list, I can name 100 guys who are hotter than him. That said, I can kinda see how people would find him attractive, or good looking (NOT hot or sexy), so it does make sense he''s on the list. I know I''m in the minority to find him ugly. But and this is the major thing.. do you think he deserves to be #1?!?! Is he hotter than that werewolf guy from True Blood (sorry, can''t remember his name), or hotter than Ryan Gosling? Uhm.. NO. I can''t wait for all this Glee shit to be over, and for the girls to finally realize how fug Darren Kriss is. It''s like they''re in a haze right now, blinded by their stupidity.
- Oh c''mon r23, Robert''s comment was tongue-in cheek. I''m not saying that he''s straight, but the statement was about being overwhelmed during a photoshoot that he was glad when that particular photoshoot was done.\
I think some define nellyness a bit different than others. \
There are some who claim that someone is nellier when he tries to hide his femme side while acting all butch and let his nelly side shine through accidently when he gets caught off guard while others think someone who''s femme 24/7 is the nelliest. \
Personally I believe in the latter of the two definitions I mentioned.
- This one out-nellies Lautner, Efron, Bieber and Colfer.
- Leif Garrett going directly go jail.
- [quote]Chris Colfer isn''t really a teen idol, though. Gay men vote at AfterElton, not teen/tween girls.\
You must be a naive little fangurl yourself if you think AfterElton is has anything to do with gay men. It''s infested with fraus and fangurls. Even the votes that are supposed to be from gay men are mostly women/girls posing as such.
- Bieber doesn''t seem Nelly to me. Although, this picture surely does.
- Chris Colfer is not considered hot by teens and tweens, so he doesn''t really qualify. He''s the cuddly, gay best friend. Not a heartthrob.
- "Zac Efron, by the way, is also not nelly."%0D\
Are you kidding? You need to watch High School Musical. He is supposed to be a high school basketball star but he comes across as more delicate than his "girlfriend" Vanessa Hudgens%0D\
- Zac Efron has the nelliest nose job.
Park Avenue Plastic Surgeon
- How has nobody mentioned Justin Timberlake yet?
- Chris Colfer owns this thread.
- [quote]Chris Colfer is not considered hot by teens and tweens, so he doesn''t really qualify. \
He''s a teen idol teens and tweens want to hang out with. He''s unthreatening.
- How soon they forget me! Barely cold in the grave...
Michael Jackson (doing it for my dear friend, Katharine Hepburn)
- Henry Orient
- Anybody who has seen Leif on the "World''s Dumbest Criminals" show has to have seen how nellie he is sometimes.
- The 14-year-old Taylor Hanson
While I think Efron is beautiful, I didn''t think he was nelly at all in Charlie St. Cloud (horrible movie) or Me and Orson Welles (good movie). When high school musical was shot, he was 17-18. As he''s gotten older, he has developed more manly mannerisms. Whether it''s due to hard work or natural changes, who knows.
- I''d say Joe Jonas is really nelly, but you can tell he tries hard to hide it and act "manly".
- Who played James at 15?
- And who''s that other boy in the High School Musical movies? The little brother of the mean girl. He wears a lot of hats.
- Lance Kerwin...he was pretty but not really nelly. He had that husky voice and you could buy him fucking older woman Kate Jackson
- I really think that the Justin Bieber thing is several years younger than claimed. I don''t know why, maybe a mid-teen kid is more salable than a prepubescent, but he''s gone from looking about eleven to looking about fourteen.%0D\
I mean, what''s more likely, a delayed puberty or a lying publicist?
- Ryan Seacrest
- R49 I think the same blessed thing you do. I really do. It is like some publicist decided that he would look cuter longer if they lied about his age like the dickens. \
Taylor Hanson owns this thread a mite bit. Someone else already mentioned him. But for the love of Pete he sure is gay. \
Check out this silly you tube clip I found. He pings hard even now.
- Bwah, r41! I LOVE that movie!\
A teen idol must be a romantic object. Chris Colfer is not one.
- r15, I beg your pardon?
the late great Ricky Nelson
- LOL @ R40''s clip! %0D\
Now there''s a trip down memory lane...
- [quote]Justin Bieber doesn''t look like a man. He doesn''t even look like a boy. He looks like a very young lesbian\
LOL! You''re too much!
- Homosexual tinymeat Brad Pitt would be our choice.\
A candid cell phone video some years ago revealed that she is a pouty little queen, in other words: all woman!
Mrs Patrick Campbell
- For your consideration, Miss Justin Timberlake from Memphis, Tennassee:
- R57, he comes across as even nellier in this Star Search clip
- R34 Anyone who thinks teen girls don''t find Chris Colfer hot have never talked to one. Go check out the Chris Colfer tag on Tumblr any day of the week and you''ll see evidence of it. Go look at it now, in fact, because they''re lusting over set photos of him from Struck by Lightning right now.
- Nellier than Sal Mineo? Oh please.
- Jimmy Baio ....LOL
- Shaun "hardy boy" Cassidy
- Neil Sedaka
- Taylor Lautner. He is marketed and viewed as a macho sex symbol even though he actually is very feminine acting naturally. Weird dichotomy that owns this thread.
- Taylor Hanson
I feel bad for him. In the YouTube clip I am linking to he tries with all his might for a purse to not fall out of his mouth to no avail. Poor dear.
- Rene Simard!
- Michael Jackson was hiding in plain sight, am I right?
- In history? Frankie Avalon.
- Like R5, Neil Sedaka is immediately who comes to mind - and he's even before my time.
For you eldergays, was Richard Chamberlain nelly as the doctor? I sure as hell knew he was nelly when I was a six year old watching Thorn Birds.
- I always found Will Wheaton a little too femme for comfort.
- Well, I was straight and not as big an idol as I wanted to be, but I was the nelliest little mezzo crooner you EVER saw.
- r47, that was Lucas Grabeel. But that was just the character he played. Wasn't really teen idol status, either. Teen yes, idol no.
Speaking of HSM, Disney does seem to have a constant stable of super nelly teen boys. Wouldn't quite call any of them idols, but you've got Cole Sprouse, Sterling Knight & Kenton Duty as just a few recent examples. Nelly, nelly, nelly & gay, gay, gay. Does Disney do some type of market research which indicates that little girls will quickly fall in love with nelly, gay actors & therefore watch their shows?
Aaron Carter owns this thread. Although he was trying to rock the whole kiddy hip-hop thing, it struck me that he mostly looked & sounded like he'd rather be playing with Barbies.
- BUT (going off topic) Wayne Newton did have a sense of humor, so long as your weren't making fun of his masculinity, Indian heritage, or bizarre facial surgery/roof tar hair color.
Here is his duet with Janis Fucking Joplin.
- Was Prince ever considered a teen idol?
- Is it true that Justine wore overalls to meet the president of Canada?
- thread closed
- The Hanson brothers have really turned out to be quite cute.
- R74, No, he was too old and too sexual.
- Danny Pintauro
- Watching R76's clip.
Is the guy in the blue speedo @1:47 actually hearing the music?
- Oh honey, no contest:
- R76 I'm still laughing from that video!!! It was so wrong on so many levels.
- Hunter Parrish?
Not sure if he qualifies as a "teen idol".
- Not exactly a teen idol, but does anyone remember that child actor Hunter Allan who played Noah on Y&R? The kid couldn't contain his jazz hands.
- Peer Billingsley, who hacks into the bank's computer by using the password "Scrooge."
- That Bobby Vee song peaked at #3 on the hot 100... #2 on the Easy Listening charts and hit #9 on the R & B charts!!!
- R81, that is the most FABULOUS thing I've seen in months!
- Colfer is not a teen idol in its original sense were teen girls get their pussies wet for him. He's popular, yes, but so not someone teen girls have sex dreams about, because they already know he is gay (because he plays one and came out as gay).
Teen girls still need that little bit of ignorance of not knowing for sure that their idol is indeed gay to see him as a true teen idol they can have sex dreams about.
- Do teen girls realize that Tay Tay is gay? I mean, seriously, no one can be THAT ignorant.
- R87, Neil Sedaka is happily married with kids...MARRIED!
- r19 Sounds like Chesney Hawkes.
- Bobby Vee has early-stage Alzheimer's.
- R90 = John Travolta
Allow Rod Stewart's son to tell you the story about the time he got hit on by Sedaka in rehab.
- IMHO Michael Jackson owns this thread; even before he started dressing like Norma Desmond he spoke, walked, and dressed in a very feminine fashion.
Liberace would OWN this thread, if he'd ever appealed to teens. But he appealed to their mothers.
I still think Bieber is several years younger than he claims. He looks like a normal boy of 14, and behaves like a little babydouche.
- r83, I've seen that clip before, and it never fails to crack me up. I especially love, "Tell that to all the...(awkward pause)...girls out there." Chelsea seems to be in on the joke. Hunter is a strange case. I would bet money on gay, but apparently he's somewhat of a fundie. I wonder if he still lives with Kyle Sherman. They make a cute couple...
- Hunter is so gay, but I like his singing.
- Poor old Johnnie Ray...
- I love the scene in the ballet studio!
- Me too, Taylor!
- Lance Bass is the nelliest of them all
- I wheel no mi nate Ondy and Daveed Wheeliyoms.
- "Colfer is not a teen idol in its original sense were teen girls get their pussies wet for him."
It's never been about what gets your pussy wet.
Most teen idols teen to be "safe" and asexual. I doubt any girls get wet looking at Bieber unless they are baby dykes.
- R93. Allow ME to tell you about the time I looked into the heart of an artichoke....some snowy evening in front of the fire.
- shecrest and timbashake own this thread
never heard if jimmy osmond altho donny still pings
- Bobby Vee was not nelly or especially feminine, but he was very cute, with his hair and his eyes and lips. My girlfriend at the time watched him on American Bandstand and said she thought he was the sexiest boy she had ever seen. Neil Sedaka, on the other hand, screamed nelly to me every time he opened his mouth--never mind that he was married with kids. (Sorry about Bobby Vee's dementia! I didn't know!)
- Zac and Taylor are actors. They do not go around bragging they bareback in the sack, perform effeminate gyrations with there hands and ass just saying hello, etc. For those reasons alone they shouldn't be lumped into the gay concentration column. These two might be homosexual, but that's a different category all together.
There are gay straight people, gay homosexuals and the two are indistinguishable when not engaged in sex. There are straight straights and straight homo's, again the two being indistinguishable outside the bedroom. So OP's question needs to be more clearly defined in order to provide a reasonable answer.
Some Johnny Weir type would likely be the faggiest/nelliest teen idol, but I don't know what his name or claim to fame might be.
- [quote]There are gay straight people
No, actually there aren't.
- I've seen macho stars off-camera, acting "nelly".
I've observed Jackie Chan, in a shocking pink shirt, acting as he pleased.
Taylor Lautner has taken karate lessons for a while.
- You're wrong r108, there are more gay straight people than all other types of gay people.
- I'm not saying Justin Guarini, but I should point out I was NOT the most feminine star of "From Justin to Kelly"
- Another vote for Jimmy Osmond, with Leif Garrett close behind. Probably literally.
- Justin Timberlake