- Val Kilmer, Alec Baldwin, Bruce Jenner, Ryan O''Neal, Hugh Grant, Brandon Fraser.
- Kathleen Turner.
- Jerry Falwell
- I am not one of those screaming replicated-thread trolls. Usually I don''t care.\
However, I am very curious why this topic has to be revisited monthly? Could it be that it makes people feel better about themselves to know that certain well known people are looking weathered these days?
- "Kathleen Turner."\
What exactly happened to M. Turner? \
If she had a nose job, how can her nose now be so much fatter?\
I know she has severe arthritis, but that doesn''t explain the extreme facial changes.
- Antonio Banderas.
- The prednisone she takes for the arthritis DOES explain the facial changes.
- We give actresses (and Madonna!) a bad time here.\
But none of them can hold a candle to the dumpy, schlumpy men of show biz:\
most of their peers over 40
- Hugh Grant is almost 51 years old and looks bad. %0D\
Kate Winslet is 36 years old, yet she looks closer to 45.%0D\
Time has not been kind to David Duchovny. His aging is the oddest to me because he''s not a cigarette smoker.%0D\
- Honestly, Taylor Lautner. He''s only 19, but someone posted a close-up pic of him in the Lautner-Van Sant-Black thread, and his skin looks all leathery, and he has that greenish-greyish 5 o''clock shadow in the stache area that older guys get. He looks much older than 19.
- [quote] I know she has severe arthritis, but that doesn''t explain the extreme facial changes%0D\
Yes it does, my dear. She has rheumatoid arthritis, which is treated with corticosteroids. Corticosteroids cause weight gain and the face enlarges. People get what is called "moon facies" from corticosteroids.
- Julia Ormond is wrinkly as all hell ... but strangely, it suits her.
- Mel Gibson''s appearance has caught up with his personality.\
Vince Vaughan looks horrible. There''s no way in hell an actress could look like that and get lead roles on film or TV, not unless she was much, much older, like Kathy Bates. \
Jason Priestly went from 90210 to the senior center in record time.
- Helen Hunt.\
She''s 44 in this pic!
- Julia Ormond is absolutely gorgeous.
- Some part of me wants to like Vince Vaughn. He''s got that (former) frat boy thing which can be kinda hot.\
But I do admit he can look really bad. His biggest liability are the bags and dark circles under his eyes. It almost looks like the type of bloating you see in an alcoholic.
- Luise Rainer
- Helen Hunt smokes...that explains her face.
- I can''t believe people haven''t been all over Madonna on this thread. She had a natural beauty when she was younger and flaunted it behind all the makeup and transitions. Now she''s gone ABFAB. The ordeal she has put her body through all these years hasn''t helped, but it was the macrobiotic diet that killed her looks. It seems she now spends most of her time putting herself through cosmetic procedures. What is she going to be like in her 60s?
She was once hailed as the future of feminism
- "He''s only 19, but someone posted a close-up pic of him in the Lautner-Van Sant-Black thread, and his skin looks all leathery, and he has that greenish-greyish 5 o''clock shadow in the stache area that older guys get."%0D\
He''s probably drugging it up with Gus
- The ones aging quickly are the smokers. No surprise there.
- Madonna had a natural ugly. You are confused.
- Julia Ormond looked pretty sexy in her brief role on Law & Order CI. She''s aging just fine.
- Kathleen Turner was an alcoholic and an abuser of prescfrition drugs. She also smoked like a chimney. Now she is falling apart. And she is not well. She has terrible problems with arthritis and her bones are crap. %0D\
Honestly, if you want to see someone who really aged poorly, Elizabeth Taylor was not able to walk. Her boozing and cigarette smoking exacerbated her helath problems which she already had. She was shuffling like a centenarian while still in her 60''s.%0D\
Mel Gibson looks like crap. Booze and cigarettes. Look at Russell crowe. Bloated wreck. Booze and cigarettes. Need I say more.%0D\
Val Kilmer is the same. Booze pills, drugging, cigarettes. Shame, too, because he was a true hottie.
- Everybody I know who smokes and drinks and does drugs looks years and in some cases decades younger than they really are. I think you AAers are deluding yourselves.
- Lindsay Lohan
- Tom Hanks - he''s got the puffy face of a drunk.
- [quote]David Duchovny. His aging is the oddest to me because he''s not a cigarette smoker\
- Agree with picking Lindsay Lohan. I can''t believe she''s only 25. If I was seeing her for the first time, I would have guessed 40. I wish some stylist or image consultant would tell her to get her red hair back.\
Russell Crowe went from very handsome to meh & doughy in a very short span of time. Same with Gerard Butler.\
Robert Redford probably does look good for his age and maybe I should give him a break, but he''s just so leathery. He''s done terrible things to his skin. It''s not just age. Maybe too much skiing?
- R29 Yeah, what the hell happened to Tom Hanks? He still looked relatively good in his 40''s, but the last several years he''s looked like total shit.
- Booze, R32
- Alcohol did that to him?
- Abe Vigoda
- I saw Chuck Woolery in a commercial today and he is aging beautifully. Looks the same as he did on love connection.
- Gary Busey
- The years are catching up with Johnny Depp sadly.
- Whitney Houston
- Courtney Cox. She looks like an anorexic porn star whose time has come and gone something like 20 years ago....
- Mickey Rourke. Awful. It's painful to look at his earliest movies and see how handsome he was.
Second Kate Winslet.
Tori Spelling. She looked weird even when younger though. Seems like she started plastic surgery at a young age and it actually made her look older. Now of course she IS older. And looks bad.
- Julia Ormond is a great one. But she's more like one who just didn't have the surgery to combat it. She has lots of lines, but probably is one of those who genetically age quicker + smoking etc.
I liked her in that English film with the ScarJo lookalike from Downton Abbey. Was shocked how different she was, but it worked.. at one point she was an It Girl groomed for stardom but I like how she is now. Not sure about her Vivien Leigh in My Week with Marilyn, that was underwritten.
- As much as I admire him, Tom Selleck has not aged well. There is a pic of him out there walking down the street. Man, he looks very haggard and aged. The untucked shirt and jeans don't help much.
- Someone in another thread posted a pic of Joni Mitchell. Shocked the shit out of me.
Redford looks like shit but the wig and the plastic surgery make it so much worse.
- Hugh Jackman ---overuse of steroids show in his face
Madonna---disgusting veiny hands and bad facial plastic surgery
John Travolta---fat and bad toupees
- Tbh after the age of 30, or even mid 20s for some, not everyone is gonna still look young - Fassbender et al.
There are probably reasons like drinking and you get the likes of Gerard Butler. Madonna has never looked young and is naturally hard looking.
Some can get forehead lines pretty early.. like at age 19, but the worst are the nasolabial folds which some people just get early on.
- Elizabeth Bathory
- Henry Cavill
- There's no treatment for that, Elizabeth Bathory. Get over it.
- You do know that people in their 60s naturally look older than when they were in their 20s, right? I don't know how you can blame it on aging poorly when it's normal aging.
If men take good care of themselves a lot of them can look quite good into their mid 50s but after that there's usually a sharp decline.
- Micheal Fassbender for sure. I can't believe he's in his thirties.
Tom Hiddleston is rapidly aging too.
- Mr Stunning Gorgeous himself Jon Hamm. He and fellow ginormopeened Fassy can pull it off, probably adds to their appeal.
David Beckham - haggard, has been for a while but can get away with it. The tats, not so much.
Robbie Williams - Seriously, there are no words. He looked 50 at 30, now looks like the gross Uncle you always hated. Drugs can't do that much can they?
Maybe they can - Courtney Love
- I clicked on that link for a photo of Joni Mitchell. YIKES!
- Joni's picture is AWESOME. Karma isa bitch.
- Fiona Apple. A few years ago when she was dating Jonathan Ames she still had that beauty and quirkiness that captivated proto-hipsters in the 90s. Sadly, enough she looks even skinnier than she was before and has aged 20 years in the last year. She now has Medusa like hair that makes her look a trailer park princess! All told Fiona needs to actually eat an apple every now and then instead of ingesting her signature marijuana lemonade everyday.
- Blake Shelton. Not so much bags, but a whole luggage set under his eyes.
- I think Joni Mitchell looks good for 70. I mean come on, she's fucking 70! Nobody is going to look young at that age.
- r57 [quote]Nobody is going to look young at that age.
I do! I'm 72.
- [quote]Nobody is going to look young at that age.
- Candice Bergen looks 100.
- "Hugh Jackman ---overuse of steroids show in his face"
OK - now this makes sense - I just saw a clip of him yesterday in that documentary about Oscar Hammerstein and I realize dewey youthfulness does not last BUT I was shocked at how handsome and "pretty" Hugh Jackman was on-stage in Oklahoma. Now, he looks like he could be that man's very old father. He does not look rugged, he just looks like shit.
- Carly and Joni were always ugly though so I don't see what difference it makes. Joni might actually look better at 72 than she did at 32.
- Joni in "wise boho crone" mode is hipper than these crazed old Hwood victims wth their sad or dead eyes. Her face isn't actually that lined when you consider her smoking.
Chatting with older women with their tits out in the current pathetic mode is always a little sad.
I am disappointed Joni was not wearing a poncho, however.
- Terribly aging means becoming ugly with age, and Michael Fassbender, Henry Cavill are certainly far from ugly they're doing fine with aging prosess. I find younger-looking with zero facial lines middle-age men like Matt Bomer and Zachary Quinto to be freakishly scary and asexual looking.
- Fat Cavill is aging terribly. His looks peaked 4 years ago. Now his hairline is receding bad and he has it long and greasy to try to hide the thinning. All the wrinkles are bad too. Then again, he is British, and they all look like shit after 30.
Gerard Butler is another one that looks like shit for his age. He's only 43 but looks 53.
- Robert Downey Jr has really aged in the last three years.
- Madge at the London concert on June 1 showed the downside of too much filler: it appears to have migrated, giving her a jowly appearance, downturned mouth, and fully sagging neck behind her chin. The change since the Super Bowl is dramatic. She's definitely going to need another lift, which is not good for someone in their fifties.
- Receding hair is totally fixable with microgafts these days and the result can be undetectable. Just look at the job they did on McBongo.
- Tom Hiddleston. He looks 60.
- R68, is micrograft a type of hair transplant?
- I wish Paul McCartney would stop dying his hair. It looks ridiculous.
- Gays are so superficial and vapid, always talking about age and beauty. Sad, sad, sad.
- Oh, yeah, only gays do that, r72.
- Exactly R73 - I almost fell out of my chair laughing at the stupidity of that remark.
- People posting in the Greg Louganis thread talk about how great he looks but I think he looks absolutely horrible. At least in that People pic. Wrinkles and lines and grey hair. He looks 70! 53 year olds should not look like THAT.
- [quote]However, I am very curious why this topic has to be revisited monthly? Could it be that it makes people feel better about themselves to know that certain well known people are looking weathered these days?
Yup! Nothing like a bit of schadenfreude about people looking old, celebs and people you know.
- The crazy part about all of this is that these girls think that the WORLD is changing and not them. It is another example of the physical concept of relative speed. Girls, you are getting equally as haggard as the celebrities you shit on here. I guaranfuckingtee that.
- Aaron Tveit
- Johnny Depp, Leonardo Di Caprio and Brad Pitt used to be considered by some (not me) as beautiful men, now they look like idiots. Maybe the ones who are only celebs, but without considerable talent are the ones who age badly, because they are not interested in their art, but rather cheap PR tactics and drugs and alcohol.
- R79= DL's resident Queen of Knowledge.
- A super healthy lifestyle helps but it's the genes that decide. I hate to break it to you but everybody looks worse as they get older.
- Alec Baldwin looks better now than he did when this thread was started. Sometimes a little weight loss can work wonders. Tom Hanks looks bad due to being overweight, not merely "alcohol bloat," although alcohol may be the reason he's gained weight. I'll add Vince Gill to the list, because last time I saw pics of him it looked like he'd gained weight. He's really been a yoyo dieter since marrying Amy Grant ( not that I'm blaming Amy--it's probably a combo of aging and her good cooking).
- Did anyone mention James Gandolfini? Oh well if they did they were on to something.
Alec supposedly gave up diary along with his weight loss. His younger wife must be keeping him rather busy as well. There's nothing like a younger woman to light a fire under your ass....a young man would do the same in a same sex relationship though!
- People can't stay young forever! It's really nobody's business. Besides, the people that age naturally fit into older rolls and I like that.
- Glenn Frey - man, he hit the wall hard.
- R82 is right, extra weight ages most people. But the reverse is true, too. Skinny, skinny people often look older than they are.
- Chuck Woolery is gorgeous in person. Beautiful skin, twinkling eyes, charming and a gentleman.
- R65, yes I agree, all british men age badly, another one is Daniel Craig. Looks like shit.
- Kirk Douglas looks awful, he looks like he's 95.
- Too bad he's a rightwing lunatic on a Pat Sajack level.
Is every game show host some insane Palin-level rightwinger?
- Add Jeremy Renner, Mel Gibson, and Sean Penn. They all look like beef jerky.
- Debbie Harry
Mick Jagger, Steve Tyler & Keith Richards
Greg Loose Anus, I mean Louganis
James Caan & Al Pacino
- Can you say Poz-Face?
- Jude Law is nowhere near as good looking now as he was even a few years ago.
- The Schwarzenegger owns this thread! He's gone from a young Hercules to a sagging wreck, his movie career over, his political and social ambitions crushed by his own his own arrogance and stupidity.
It's like one of those old morality tales where Satan takes back everything he gave.
- Given the opportunity, I'd still fuck him, but Michael Biehn who was such a beauty in the 80s and 90s isn't looking so great these days.
- Rider Strong from Boy Meets World. He's still not bad looking, but he's not the heartthrob he used to be.
Sean Paul Lockhart, aka Brent Corrigan. He's gone from wholesomely handsome to being average looking and he could easily pass for his early 30's when he's 27.
Haley Joel Osment from Sixth Sense looks horrible. His drinking has really taken a toll.
- Randy Quaid
- Dave Foley- he was handsome 20 years ago. You'd never know if you saw him in person.
Macaulay Culkin- what a train wreck of a person. I've seen men in their 50's look better.
Jude Law- I know he's not 30 anymore, but still.
Edward Furlong- his evil persona is showing up in his bloated appearance.
- Baldwin got fat again. He looks awful.
- James Franco- 10 years ago, he was so handsome and cool that it was hpynotic, now he's a middle-aged exhibitionist who's goten slightly lumpy. He's not ugly yet, but if he doesn't change direction, he will be in 10 years.
- Matt Dillon. The hair alone is nightmarish these days.
- James Read, he's now on "Days of Our Lives" he's playing on old man, the father of two characters who are on the run from him. Hard to believe he's only 60 years old, he looks about 75.
- George Clooney, he looks disgusting
Angelina Jolie, even with all the Botox she looks
a lot older than her age.
- R105 is joking, I hope. We should all age as well as those in that list, medical help or no.
- As a counter-point, I think Diane Keaton looks just beautiful these days. THAT is an example of ageing gracefully & beautifully. Very classy.
- My God, Luise Rainer looks like absolute shit for 104.
- I was watching Dave Clark, from the Dave Clark Five, on on CNN's The Sixties tonight and he looks really bad. There are worse older pics of him than this one.
- R107 I would have said that until a couple of years ago. She has always stayed thin ( probably by continuing to be a complete obsessive about her weight, no matter) and that has kept her from looking matronly (compared to the Streeps of this world) but this past year or so she's gotten skinny to the point where she looks scarecrow like, , coupled with that gray hair. And I'm not one of those "too thin" police kind of people. I think that face/ass maxim is greatly exaggerated.
But r58's pic shows what - or who - she would look like had she gotten some work done. They look kind of scary alike.
- Beverly D'Angelo has looked bloated and terrible since at least the time of the Chevy Chase roast, which was over 10 years ago. She wasn't that old then, either.
- David Hyde Pierce looks terrible too.
- Joan Van Ark owns this thread.
- Funny, isn't it? I look great but dear Mare looks like the desiccated, plundered remains of Rameses II.
- Ann Coulter. I hear her balls are dragging along the ground these days.
- Jan Hooks. There was a Woman of SNL special a couple of years or so ago and she didn't appear in person. She was in bed and looked absolutely horrible and whatever she has is affecting her speech as well.
Anyone know what's up with her?
- Kathy Bates
- But now old friends are acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day
Clooney and Jolie already had stuff done on their faces, they would look even worse without it.
Fassbender is 37 and he looks a lot older.
Depp looks like walking corpse
- I saw Camryn Manheim was on Halle Berry's new show this week and she looks great.
- A worse Dave Clark pic.
- As we all know, Justin Timberlake has gotten very fat.
- Carrot Top owns this thread and several adjacent ones.
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse….
- [quote]people that age naturally fit into older rolls
If R90's pic is any indication, Daniel Craig's problem is all about rolls.
- R116, Jan Hooks is obviously ill because her looks changed so rapidly, but I don't think anyone knows with what. She looked terrific in "3rd Rock from the Sun" in episodes filmed in 2000. Less than two years later she did those 10-10-220 commercials and looked decades older.
This is Hooks in 2000:
- Sorry, I screwed up the pic. This is Jan Hooks in May of 2000:
- You know what, just shoot me, I can't get the pic of Hooks from 2000 to post so enjoy that last one from 1990. This is how she looked in 2004, and I found the nicest photo from this particular set that I could.
- Mick Jagger - but then again, he's looked elderly since about 1982.
Tom Hanks has gotten very paunchy, with beady little eyes.
Goldie Hawn looks like a plastic surgery ad.
- Jared Padalecki.
He's been going downhill for some years now, but recently he's looking more awful than usual. He's broken his shoulder but there's something else going on.
He's lost a lot of weight and always looks tired, stressed and anxious.
- Almost all French actresses, Brigitte Bardot, Jeanne Moreau, etc.
- Mel Gibson . . . once so beautiful.
- Jan Hooks looks a little chipmunky - like maybe she's on cortisone for something - maybe RA, like Kathleen Turner?
- Jan's Sad Decline, poor thing
- r87, someone who believes blacks and gays don't deserve civil rights is not a charming gentleman in my book. 2 faced, perhaps, but not charming or a gentleman.
- Dakota Fanning
- Jan Hooks
- Anthony Edwards
Tommy Lee Jones
- Olivia Newton-John
- Has anyone seen Catherine Bach on Y&R lately?
- [quote]Jeanne Moreau, etc.
Moreau is 86. How would you like her to look?
- Please, Jeanne Moreau has been looking like shit since she turned 50.
- The lead singer from Color Me Badd:
- Peter Frampton
- David Cassidy
- You know who's aging really well? Bruce Willis. He looks fantastic for his age.
- Billy Crystal just did a walk-on on Letterman and looks bad. He's wearing a wig on the front part of his head and has done something to his face. He had no forehead lines.
- Morgan Freeman. He's a fucking fright with that white hair.
- I see fat people
- Leonardo Di Caprio owns this thread.
- I appreciate R102's use of the word hypnotic.
- Leonard Nimoy.
- I'm so glad Mikhail Baryshnikov has chosen to age old gracefully, sans plastic surgery. So much better looking than that overrated old bag Paul McCartney.
- I try to avoid cosmetic surgery few more years and look natural.
- For comparison, here's Paul McCartney:
- Paul's eyebrows are starting to look like Lucille Ball's
- Ron Eldard. Just saw his new movie from Netflix called "Poker Night" that he filmed in the summer of 2014 and he looks awful.
He's still fat with the long hair but his face is very tight and shiny and bloated and doesn't really move.
I don't know if it's Juvederm or Botox or what. Maybe booze.
Also Edward Norton. He was so hot in American History X and Pride and Glory.
Sylvester Stallone looks like hell too. I guess Satan is collecting from him too.
- Sean Penn looks absolutely frightening in the trailer for his new movie.
Renner and RDJ look pretty bad too. The studio probably spent a fortune in editing, just on them alone.
- Brigitte Bardot
- R160 If you cannot save your face, save the animals!
- Catherine of Aragon
You lookin' OLD, gurl!