- Progressive Insurance -- motorcycle insurance "Perfect hair every time."\
The dweeb who says the line is also in the "''80s Montage" spot.\
Flo is her usual awful self in both.\
- There''s a toilet paper commercial with a bunch of women going on and on about how important it is that the toilet paper get you clean. GROSS, TMI, etc. Some things are obvious and don''t need to ever be stated.
- The one with the two hipsters standing in front of their car with a smart phone, the uglier one calling up the blond on the plane so she can unlock the car from her phone.\
This shit has been playing almost every commercial break in the Pittsburgh market for the past couple of weeks and it''s really making me crazy. \
What is it with all these ugly hipster dudes in commercials lately?
- The two Southern Belles arguing about the \
Butterfinger candy. One of them looks like man in drag.
- The Swiffer (or is it Swifter) commercials with the people dressed up as dust and dirt waiting for love and being sucked up by the big duster - that whole campaign of commercials with the romantic theme of brooms and dusters being in love with people.... it''s just stomach turning and stupid. Don''t even get me started on Cealis and Viagra - what are those tubs for anyway?
- The bearded, sunglasses-wearing hipster in the McDonald''s commercial touting their soft drinks for a dollar.\
The douche is in nearly every shot and he gets on my nerves.\
I want to walk up to him and sucker punch him right in the stomach -- "Ooof!"\
Sunglasses flying off his head, cold drink cup flying, maybe slo-mo with the soft drink droplets flying through the air.\
Yeah, grievous harm definitely needs to befall this little dipshit!
- I don''t know about "hating," but I love the Dairy Queen commercial with the very HOT guy with a moustache. And I hate moustaches!%0D\
I researched him, and he actually performs on Broadway. Hmmm.... His name is John Behlmann.%0D\
He is very cute, though.
- It seems like all the music in commercials nowdays are performed by coffee house lesbians who sound like the lead singer of the cranberries. Seriously!%0D\
- R7, the guy is very sexy. He reminds me of those 70''s porn stars.
- He looks more like this picture in the commercial.
- ARGH, I just saw Andy "NuJack" Triscuit on some commercial the other night! \
If you think he''s bad on OLTL, he only mumbles one or two words on the commercial and the kid can''t even get that right!
- The one with the woman screaming when she sees the spider lock screen on the cellphone. I can''t even remember what brand phone or which carrier the commercial is for. But that woman''s scream is like a knife through my brain. Who thought this was cute?
- Could someone please explain the Capital One ads with those Viking type people. I have no idea what that is about.\
I hate them...but why do they have Vikings as their spokesmodel?
- The one where the young boy screams "DIRT DIRT DIRT DIRT DIRT" over and over again real fast.
- The more things change...
- ...the more they stay the same.
- They annoying toddler with the hipster mother. \
The kid keeps repeating "That''s for BAY-BEEES" over and over again ad nauseum.\
Until her groovy oh-so-hip mom offers her Cheerios, or some other cereal, to shut her up! What an annoying brat.
- R5 and R8 win!%0D\
OMG, those fucking Swifter commericals and playing the Heart song over, and over, and over and fucking OVER again.%0D\
Last week we bought cleaning stuff at Target and I went to grab some Swifter refills and then put them right back on the counter. My own protest against their incessant, weird ass commercials.%0D\
And the music. EVERY song being whined by what sounds like a waify hipster chick stumming a guitar. WHEN did that trend kick in and when will it stop?!?
- Well I''m new too.\
- I hate the MSNBC promo for Hardball with Chris Matthews talking about how the Republicans won''t give Obama credit for being an American.%0D\
- esurance commercials with that annoying pudgy blond guy. turn the channel every time it comes on.
- The gaggle of girls with their hair blown back because of a cheap vibrator. Why does the groom think it''s ''sweet'' that she got three? No work on his part?
- Oh, yes, R21. Those two women which are in the same commercial are also extremely annoying. One of them has her own commercial where she''s multitasking on the exercise bike trying to sell us Metamucil. Her super-happy vibe and bugged-out eyes creep the hell out of me.
- A PSA for vaccinating your children.%0D\
A weepy soccer mom standing in her sons room talks about how she finally put his toothbrush in the bathroom cabinet because " it''s been six months".%0D\
Throw the damn toothbrush away bitch...your kid is dead beacause you''re a moron who didn''t get him vaccinated because you and other self-deluded jackasses think they know more than doctors.
I want to slap her face.
- I hate the Ford commercial where a bunch a "moms" discuss how great their new Ford Minivan or whatever and how everyone is envious of them and they are known as the "cool" moms. I can''t tell if they are real or a bunch of actresses, but all I wish is for that all of them get dismembered in some sort of delicious "Final destination" style deries of accidents.
- Clearly, R22, he wants two of them shoved up his ass.\
I don''t know why people don''t like that commercial. It''s so realistic!
- anything with Regis Philbin in them
- I hate the PSA for the pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine. I always change the channel before that baby starts hacking.
- r15/16, I couldn''t find those old threads even though I knew I''d seen them. Try searching for "commercials" and you get a ''too many results'' message. \
r12, that''s my second most-hated commercial after the King Kong one I mentioned. Must be the screaming in both. \
r23, I swear that Metamucil woman is hypnotizing me with her bugged-out blue eyes. I hate that commercial but find it''s hard to turn the channel. Creepy. And yes, she''s in some dog food commercial and the e-surance ad as well.
"My name is Robin and I''m a pack a day smoker"%0D\
"My Benjamin, he helps me with the countdown."%0D\
"How many days is it Ben?"%0D\
"5 days mom. 10 days mom."%0D\
"I think after 30 days he got tired of counting."%0D\
Hopefully now that they know Chantix increases your rick of heart problems, I''ll never have to see that one again.
- There''s a commercial for AT&T uverse set in a classroom where a guy who works for a rival company is their on career day. There''s an annoying blond girl who says, "My mother says AT&T blah, blah, blah." I want to put that girl and the curly blond-haired kid in the back of the SUV in that SUV commercial and send them both off a cliff.
- [quote] The one with the woman screaming when she sees the spider lock screen on the cellphone. I can''t even remember what brand phone or which carrier the commercial is for. But that woman''s scream is like a knife through my brain. Who thought this was cute?\
That''s my nominee too. I hate it so, so much.
- I totally love this Travelocity commercial, and I was so pissed when Travelocity decided to change the scene with the mom laughscreaming. That was hilarious, and stupid Travelocity made the commercial so boring!%0D\
I don''t know why she laughed like that, but it was freakin'' hilarious.
"You look like a beach angel"
- Everybody loves the beach angel commercial. Bring it back, Travelocity!!
- I hate the DirecTV commercial where everyone turns into dollars. They play it to death where I am.
- That idiotic McDonald''s commercial where the girl has all these astoundingly stupid pet names for the guy. I think Snuggle-bunny(?) is one of them.\
The mentally deficient boyfriend struggles but finally comes up with "Sweet Tea" - Sweetie! Get it? Clever huh?
- The McDonald''s commercial with the guy talking about his dong and dipping it in the 4 new sauces.
- [quote]Everybody loves the beach angel commercial. Bring it back, Travelocity!!\
Bring it back?? It seems to run on a continuous loop here in Florida.
- The beach angel commercial is like nails on a chalkboard!
- [quote]There''s a toilet paper commercial with a bunch of women going on and on about how important it is that the toilet paper get you clean. GROSS, TMI, etc. Some things are obvious and don''t need to ever be stated.\
Plus, it''s for Quilted Northern, a Georgia-Pacific product, which is own by Anti-Christ candidates the Koch Brothers.
- The Jello for adults TV ad, for the Temptations or whatever it''s called, a Jello mousse product. \
The obnoxious parents are in a tent with their kids trying to scare them about a Jello Monster or whatever stealing their pudding. They scare their kids away, so they can eat the stupid Jello.\
Perhaps if these cheap bastards bought enough Jello mousse for the entire family, they wouldn''t have to come up with some bullshit monster story to get the Jello away from their kids?!\
This commercial is just so freaking ridiculous.
- That Gillette ProGlide ad with the obnoxious, shouty douche who used to be on MadTV.
- When I went to see Harry Potter yesterday [insert complaint about commercials before movies here], there was this jaw-dropping advertisement for feminine wash, which was one of the most horrifically crude things I could imagine. It''s not like they actually showed vadge, but they start off with this dusky voiced woman talking about something that is considered the source of life and something men have fought and killed over...\
And segues to a woman in a pharmacy aisle holding a box of Summer''s Eve. "So give it a little attention, ladies!" And it ends with the positively nauseating tag "Power to the V!"\
Since I don''t own a vagina, perhaps I don''t get to have an opinion about this, but I found the message of the ad ("Your pussy stinks!") offensive, but I found the idea that this was being run in front of a movie that a bunch of parents were taking their KIDS to was even worse.
The Voice of the Night
- [quote]Plus, it''s for Quilted Northern, a Georgia-Pacific product, which is own by Anti-Christ candidates the Koch Brothers\
That makes it even more disgusting.
- I loathe the commercials for Xfinity, where the family is being harrassed by their "U-verse bundle," which is a lump of ugly / scary wires and cords that talks. The voice of the bundle as well as the whole concept is the most annoying ad campaign running right now. (Not sure where it is shown, but it''s on here in Chicago constantly.)
- That''s fucked up, r43.\
My most hated commercial at the moment is the one for some 4G technology of some kind. I don''t know what it is because I don''t pay it a bit of attention until an Asian tween girl starts bleating, "When I get oldah, I will be strongah..." Then I hear that mess looped in my brain for the next hour.\
I think I''m definitely more sensitive to songs and jingles in commercials because I''ll watch Beach Angel any day in the week over the Swiffer/Heart or Weight Watchers/Jennifer Hudson ads.
- At least the U-verse bundle is quiet and mellow. \
I''m really sick of listening that bitch on the cell phone commercial scream about the tarantula picture on the cell phone, while the guy across from her insanely crushes it to death with his shoe.\
It''s forced me to mute all commercials.\
Plus, the commercial is so shitty and annoying that I have no idea what it''s for.
- I just looked up the 4G girl: it''s Maria Aragon, some sort of YouTube celebrity.\
Now my pain has a name.\
Another thing I hate about that commercial is the "You are..." proclamations about the viewer''s awesomeness. There''s a Hard Rock Casino ad that does that shit, trying to stroke the elderly baby boomer egos.\
For all you hipster haters, there''s also quite a few of them sprinkled throughout.
- It''s my own fault for watching digital subchannels, but on the Antenna TV local feed in NYC (channel 11.4) they constantly show a commercial for a product for Colon Flow, a pill to remove colon blockage. They graphically shows the buildup of fecal matter in your colon when you go several days without taking a shit (a graph that progresses showing the day-to-day fecal buildup), and then graphically shows what happens when you use this product and the several days of fecal buildup finally pass through the rectal tubes.\
It''s that and debt consolidators/tax negotiators/injury lawfirms/gold buyers and little else. Makes me not want to watch Benny Hill reruns while stoned.
- R46/R48- I''m with you on that commercial. I will change the channel or pause DVR until its over, I don''t know why but that commercial makes me want to commit violent acts. I''m normally a calm and very non-violent person.
- "I just looked up the 4G girl: it''s Maria Aragon, some sort of YouTube celebrity."\
Ugh--so she actually IS a Youtube sensation?!\
I thought she was just some adman''s lame idea of a Bieber-esque Youtube "star".
- R19 - The guy in those Allied Bank commercial gives me the creeps. He looks like the prototype for a pedo/serial killer.\
Kim Cattrall trying to sexy in those fake butter commercials. She has on a yellow caftan and it gives the illusion that the old slag is naked underneath. She is trying to be sultry as we imagine her screwing her young French boyfriend after their breakfast of toast and smear.
- The Be Ready commercial. The jingle Get Ready is really starting to get on my nerves, plus I don''t get what the product is they''re trying to advertise.
- The car commercial with the little meeskite home on facebook while her parents are out bicycling
- "When I get oldah, I will be strongah..." Then I hear that mess looped in my brain for the next hour... I just looked up the 4G girl: it''s Maria Aragon, some sort of YouTube celebrity."\
She''s annoying. In fact, we were making fun of that commercial last night, singing, in the most nasally affected voice we could muster: "When I get older, losing my hair, many years from now... When I''m 64."
- I hate those pooping cartoon bears with bits of toilet paper on their cartoon asses.\
But once in awhile, a commercial comes along that cracks me up. This is for a casino in either Iowa or Illinois.
- It''s OK, R43. Children know about vaginas (& penises too).
- I hate that Asian girl''s song as well. And no one has mentioned the fact that she can''t sing.\
Also, can''t stand the Arby''s commercial with that guy screaming, "It''s Good Mood Food" instead of singing it.
- R43 I don''t think they should run that ad at a kids movie either, mostly because I think it''s unethical to brainwash females at such a young age that everyday, natural scent is WRONG and girls MUST use this product that is totally unnecessary and can actually prevent the body doing its job properly, creating real problems. \
I didn''t see that ad when I went to see Potter this weekend, but I saw their print ad in a magazine, which inadvertently reminded the reader that for centuries women have attracted straight men (they used Helen of Troy as an example) without modern feminine products.
- I''m honestly hoping some of the parents complained. There was a really loud collective...I don''t even know what to call it, but I think it was an auditorium full of jaws hitting the floor. It wasn''t even nervous laughter, people sounded shock and/or disgusted by it.
The Voice of the Night
- "Since I don''t own a vagina, perhaps I don''t get to have an opinion about this"%0D\
Yes you do. "Offensive" is a universal concept. I know we''re all hostages to advertising, and it''s bad enough on TV when you can at least mute the sound or leave the room. But Jeezus, at HARRY POTTER??!%0D\
- I hate the State Farm Commercials with this roaster of a little man who is supposed to be a State Farm agent interviewing people. In one commercial there is a giant rock suspended over one woman''s head. In the worst one, he has 3 arms/hands to create shadow figures on a customer''s wall. His face is so ugly that I just can''t see the pyschological justification behind using him in a commercial that is supposed to attract people to a product.
- How about the new commercial with the supposedly really cool guy in what may be a snakeskin coat who takes his date to watch a cobra right? Is such disgusting activity even legal in the USA? %0D\
What a cool dude..."Hey, wanna come with me tonight and watch 2 cobra''s fight to the death?" %0D\
Probably the worst commercial in history.%0D\
By the way, I''ve also seen the colon cleanser commerical late at night, and I simply cannot believe that chart. If you do not poop for 1 day it is like carrying around 5 extra pounds. By day 3 it is something like 13 extra pounds. I simply don''t believe shit is that heavy.
- This may have been referenced, but our area is being deluged with einsurance commercials with this tech support guy (he''s reasonably OK), some 50ish grey haired guy who pretends to DJ on the weekends, and a pony tailed young woman who gives customers discounts on her computer and just happens to release "overweight grey haired 50ish" guy''s Dating Resume to everyone in the company. THe first time it was cute. Now I am up to about 150 times and I just want the greyish 50ish man to fall over with a stroke.
- For awhile there was an insurance company using Charlie Brown characters in the commercials. Who in their right mind would buy insurance from Charlie Brown cartoon characters?
- I think the moustached guy on the Diary QUeen commercials is very hot. He could bring back the moustache!
- R(62) that''s NOT State Farm, but Nationwide. Hate is ok, just know what you are hating....dumb ass!
- R62, that''s for Nationwide rather than for State Farm.
- There''s a commercial that advertizes the return of a new food show. Evidently, the food show is a competition to see who can stuck himself with the most food. In a world where 40,000 children die each day from starvation, only in America would you have a show for entertainment which shows fat people stuffing their mouths of scores of hot dogs or pizza. THe concept of the show seems to be that whoever is the biggest glutton is the winner.
- R67 - Please die, and leave the world a little more happy place, thanks. I really thought this thread was going well without the irrelevant insults, but the sicko''s are never far away.
- R68, thanks for the correction without the need to debase me as a human being with name calling (like R67). My husband just said that anyone who does that on this forum is obviously a teenager since no mature adult treats anyone that way unless they are pure white trash (COPS TV show material).
- How about the commercial for Mexican beer featuring the most spectacular guy on earth, who turns out to be about 80 years old, flanked on each side by a succulent young woman who pretends to adore the old coot. %0D\
Is this guy famous in Mexico? Who the fuck cares what beer this guy drinks?
- I ABSOLUTELY AGREE! I will NEVER go anywhere near that ride just because of the friggin'' commercial with the non-stop scream.
- Between Netflix, Hulu and Tivo, commercials have been obsolete for about 10 years now. Who are you, OP, Edith Bunker?
- I wanna spend my nights licking the ass of the "Disaronno on the rocks" guy.
- R74, sorry that most of us on this thread are not as cool as you in avoiding commercials, but evidently a lot of us still watch cable or satellite TV where commercials are doing quite well, thank you very much. %0D\
I like watching the TRAVEL network which inexplicably has THE GHOST ADVENTURE featuring Zak, this very macho very well built guy with a sweet tight ass, always dressed in a skin tight black tee-shirt and black jeans as he explores old tee-rooms and other meeting places for ghosts. He is accompanied by Nick, an extremely cute guy who would never leave a bar emptyhanded. Their hilarious over reactions to every bump-in-the-night is great entertainment. Zak has an ego that could eat most of the San Fernando Valley, but it is fun to watch. I keep asking my husband "What do you think a straight muscle guy like that is like in bed?" He responds "mmmmmmm good, like Campbell''s Soup."
- R75, ditto.
- Zak Bagans is a hot and crazy mofo.%0D\
I always mute the Asian YouTube singing sensation girl too. It used to catch me off guard, but now I know when I hear those first notes of the piano I need to dive for the remote.
- Empire Carpet and Green Light Finance jingles drive me nuts!\
Universal Studios King Kong commercials are equally annoying.
- "How about the commercial for Mexican beer featuring the most spectacular guy on earth, who turns out to be about 80 years old, flanked on each side by a succulent young woman who pretends to adore the old coot.\
Is this guy famous in Mexico? Who the fuck cares what beer this guy drinks?"\
I think that''s for Dos Equis. The man is not real, he''s an actor! \
There''s also the stupid ad for Kahlua, with the attractive Latin woman, an actress, stating.... when you say things in Spanish, it sounds so much sexier. \
I read an article in the NY Times about this and other current commercials, The writer compared the Kahlua TV ad to the Old Spice ad with the hot black actor. The ads are nonsensical, but the attractive spokespeople suck you in.\
There are a ton of current TV ads showing very attractive men, and women, saying utterly incoherent and inane things.
- [quote]I like watching the TRAVEL network which inexplicably has THE GHOST ADVENTURE featuring Zak, this very macho very well built guy with a sweet tight ass, always dressed in a skin tight black tee-shirt and black jeans as he explores old tee-rooms and other meeting places for ghosts.\
I bet everyone on DL is well-acquainted with Zak.\
He''s known in most places as Scooby Douche.
- "Kim Cattrall trying to sexy in those fake butter commercials. She has on a yellow caftan and it gives the illusion that the old slag is naked underneath. She is trying to be sultry as we imagine her screwing her young French boyfriend after their breakfast of toast and smear."\
That commercial makes me laugh out loud, because the guy doesn''t even look remotely French or even European. He''s so common looking, he looks like an Irish-American bartender you''d see at any local bar!\
He doesn''t even look much younger than Kim, if that''s what they were going for, epic fail.\
The douchebag in the snakeskin jacket, in the Heineken ad, reminds me of Vincent Gallo, which isn''t saying too much. \
The commercial, of course, makes absolutely no sense. I hate the way these TV ads equate having style, hipness etc with drinking some beer or alcohol.
- "There are a ton of current TV ads showing very attractive men, and women, saying utterly incoherent and inane things."\
Wow. What a revelation.
- "Wow. What a revelation."\
Could think of anything else to posy, other than being a little snarky bitch? What a typical DL douchebag. Or should I say, a typical newbie to DL douchebag.\
I was quoting the NY Times article, READ and COMPREHEND. Something I realize is way too difficult for many people these days.
- Just heard "California Soul" used on yet another commercial, this time for Target. \
It was used on that douchey Dockers TV ad a few years age. \
I think when distinctive songs are used in TV commercials, lots of viewers end up more interested in obtaining the music, than buying whatever crap they''re selling.
- I hate Cialis/Viagra/Vagisil commercials.
- [quote]The one with the woman screaming when she sees the spider lock screen on the cellphone. I can''t even remember what brand phone or which carrier the commercial is for. But that woman''s scream is like a knife through my brain.%0D\
I agree. My hatred for this commercial knows no limits. It''s been getting a lot of overplay recently and it''s super annoying.
- The loud, lisping, screaming asshole (Mr. Responsibility) shilling for Taco Bell. Ugly, irritating, and the best reason to NOT eat at Taco Bell.
- [quote]Kim Cattrall trying to sexy in those fake butter commercials. She has on a yellow caftan and it gives the illusion that the old slag is naked underneath.\
I don''t like that Adam Corolla is in that commercial playing her lover. It just doesn''t fit.
- I''ll 2nd the Universal Studios commercial. I fucking HATE it and race to change the channel every time it''s on.
- The FiberOne snack bar commercial with the douchebag whining to his frau about having to eat fiber, then snatching the snack bar from her as he chides her for eating a candy bar.
- The one Logo is running for the new season of "The A List". A female has become part of the inner circle; I hate the commercial where she screeches "I am a woman - you don''t touch a woman!".
- Good grief!\
Check my post at R6. That lame-o bearded bastard in the McDonald''s commercial has a name and also his own channel on YouTube.\
He''s called "Mystery Guitar Man."\
Incredible -- only in America can putzes like this douche gain their :30 of fame.\
McDonald''s should be ashamed for encouraging this little dipshit with a commercial.
- What R46 said. I have no idea what the product being advertised is, but as soon as I see that girl at her keyboard I hit mute as fast as I can. I have no idea why it drives me up the wall so much.
- Stain! Stain! Gone! In the first wash!
- The E-Trade commercials with the talking babies. It''s not cute or clever, it''s just annoying and creepy.
- e-Harmony and Match.com
- The one about women who leak, with Whoopi Goldberg. It makes me feel a little sick.%0D\
The little girl whining for her lost dog, Waffles. I don''t even recall what the commercial is for.%0D\
The Activa commercial where a few women are sitting outside at a table and Jamie Lee Curtis pops up out of nowhere. It''s creepy.
- The commercial with the man who has to go to the store because his computer has a virus is starting to unhinge me a little bit more each time it runs, which is often. If you read about a Seattle man who went berserk for a seemingly ridiculous reason, it will probably be me.
- Wow, those Summer''s Eve commercials are worse than I thought.
The Voice of the Night
- I feel like I need deep seated therapy when I hear violent screaming.I will never ever go see any Peter Jackson movies or buy any products related to the screaming cell phone bitch!
- Heh, I''ve worked on 2 of these commercials that you''ve mentioned.
You see at least 2 commercials that I''ve worked on all the time.
I hate the 4GS commercial set in Grand Central Station; the one where the guy starts doing his flash mob dance moves before getting the message that the time had been changed from 12 to 12:30.%0D\
What I hate is the African American guy who looks so fucking angry! What the hell is his problem?! With the rolling eyes and scowl? I want to smack him!%0D\
Mild bemusement is the proper reaction, not unmitigated, uncontrolled rage.
- [quote]What I hate is the African American guy who looks so fucking angry! What the hell is his problem?! With the rolling eyes and scowl?\
He and the woman next to him were part of the flash mob and are now annoyed because the guy with the slow mobile data plan has ruined everything. Everything!
- The old man who advertizes eHarmony, and then the actual married couples who met via eHarmony. Is it too much to ask for eHarmony to hire a handsome hot announcer instead of an ancient man who looks like he''s into doing children? And the couples: looks that would enchant a Neanderthal! eHarmony isn''t doing itself any favors by showing such unattractive people. %0D\
Not sure this is eHarmony, but the commercial where a guy and gal are on the first date, and he is making unfunny remarks like "Shall we dance?" and she laughs hysterically. If I have to look at on-line dating rituals for straights, can''t they at least hire some good looking men?
- That old guy is the homophobic Christian founder of eHarmony.
- I like the cell phone flash mob commercial because the guy''s dance moves are appropriately dorky. I also like how the commercial shines a spotlight on how ridiculous flash mobs are. Now that they''re mocked in mainstream advertisements, hopeully they''ll go away.
- ANY of the insurance commercials.%0D\
They seem to run constantly - one right after the other. UGH.
- I do like the guy in the latest GEICO commercials who is a retro 70''s guy - longish hair, thick moustache, just an entire 70''s vib. There''s something very sexy about that vib to me. Why did moustaches go out of fashion. I like kissing a man and feeling some whiskers against my face - which really emphasizes that I''ve got a MAN''s tongue in my mouth. Yum. SO, OK. I''ve got a fetish for the new GEICO man (forget the lizard and caveman)
- I love the flash mob commercial.
- R112, I loved that commercial too the first time I saw it. But after 2000 repeats, I dash for the mute button.
- The insurance commercial where the husband is whispering into the phone and his wife comes up behind him and thinks he''s talking to another woman. The wife snatches the phone away; she''s such a shrew even after she hears a mans voice and the husband tells her it''s the insurance agent.\
It''s sad and puts marriage in a horrible light.
- OMG, I cannot stand the one where the girl screams at the TOP OF HER LUNGS at the spider picture on the cellphone. First, it scares the shit out of me and I jump out of my seat whenever I hear that scream. I am sure that everyone in AMERICA who happens to hear that earsplitting freak does the same thing. It comes out of nowhere, too. Then there is the "quality" of the scream, like the worst horror movie agonizing scream ever. And then the guy HITS the phone with his hand to "kill the spider" because, of course, they are all to damned ignorant to see that IT IS A FUCKING PICTURE. The whole thing should be illegal. Seriously, that commercial is abusive.
- Education CON-NEC-TION. FUCK!@
- The commercial with the 2 vampires watching 2 cobra''s fight. Where are the animal protection people? I hate snakes, but I can''t believe that snake fights (with betting) is legal here. Really disgusting people.
- The AT&T commercial, the one with the dumpy frau, with the man hands, sitting on the sofa in a room filled with her radio station contest wins. She''s entering another radio contest, then is shown looking up the answer on her cell.\
Inexplicably, Edgar Winter is in it. I think he''s one of the prizes!
- The ad is for some yogurt and has a woman talking to a cake decorated with a bear sheriff. She wants the delicious cake, but then a store worker tells her to try this yogurt instead.\
The ad is really silly, with this deranged chick talking to a display case full of cakes.
- [quote]I hate the 4GS commercial set in Grand Central Station; the one where the guy starts doing his flash mob dance moves before getting the message that the time had been changed from 12 to 12:30%0D\
Hate that commercial, and what is up with the stupid dancing? I don''t get this commerical at all.
- "She wants the delicious cake, but then a store worker tells her to try this yogurt instead."\
And WHY is the supermarket worker (or store baker) walking around the floor eating her yogurt to begin with?\
Workers in stores aren''t allowed to be eating on the floor!\
This commercial is just incredibly stupid on every level.
- As much as I love Oreo cookies, but hate the current commerical.
Shut the front door!
- Let''s not forget the screaming spider phone woman. Bravo constantly plays it during Real Housewives :|
- R119, that woman talking to the cake pops up in ads every few months or so. She''s currently in a Lean Cuisine ad. I know that because I hate her squeaky voice and fat face and I want to reach through my screen to give her a hard slap every time she appears.
- [quote]Let''s not forget the screaming spider phone woman. Bravo constantly plays it during Real Housewives %0D\
OMG, the screaming gets on my nerves. And, they have been playing this commerical to death.
- Any and all of the many ads for "erectile dysfunction" remedies. Boring & distasteful all at the same time!
- The DiGiorno with cookies commercial.\
The guy comes into the house filled with people who are apparently waiting to eat their DiGiorno, they were waiting for the two gallons of milk he''s brought in.\
First off, who the hell drinks milk with pizza? Yuck, how disgusting!\
Even if the milk is for the cookies, who the hell eats cookies and milk immediately after eating pizza, this ad makes me nauseous.
- [quote]The insurance commercial where the husband is whispering into the phone and his wife comes up behind him and thinks he''s talking to another woman. The wife snatches the phone away; she''s such a shrew even after she hears a mans voice and the husband tells her it''s the insurance agent.%0D\
I love this one and it''s because of the wife - I love how she says "she sounds hideous". I think it''s funny.
- [quote]I do like the guy in the latest GEICO commercials who is a retro 70''s guy - longish hair, thick moustache, just an entire 70''s vib. There''s something very sexy about that vib to me. \
Plus, he''s always flirting with men in those commercials. If I drove, I''d buy Progressive (it''s not GEICO, btw; he''s slowly being phased in to replace Flo in the Progressive ads); that''s how successfully this campaign has targeted me.
- McDonald''s has released yet another cutesy-poo breeder ad where a man and a woman say the same thing at the same time. \
Makes. Me. Gag.\
I want the Burger King to sneak up behind them and headbutt them.
- The esurance pigtailed tomboy is named suzi barrett. Yes the commercial annoys me but she is really funny. Look up her video on YouTube called I hate la, it''s hilarious! I would link it but don''t know how on the iPad.
- [quote]There''s a commercial for AT&T uverse set in a classroom where a guy who works for a rival company is their on career day. There''s an annoying blond girl who says, "My mother says AT&T blah, blah, blah." I want to put that girl and the curly blond-haired kid in the back of the SUV in that SUV commercial and send them both off a cliff.[/quote]\
Ugh, me too!! I want to slap that smarmy little girl''s face!
My lord, they show so many straight guys of all ages (even quite young) having erectile dysfunction. My intuitive sense is that the reason these men cannot get it up is because they are closeted gay men. Forget those expensive pills, guys, and just locate the nearest gay cruising area in your town. I betch that your erectile issues will vanish.
- I hate any commercials for any product that has children doing the selling. Unlike straight married people with children, I do not make children the center of my life, and make their every whim my command. So using them in a commercial may work with straight parents who are part of the "my life is devoted to making my child''s every moment happy" brigade, but I am impervious.
- I''m so sick of listening to this boisterous cheerful twit hawking vinyl replacement windows nonstop.
Normally don''t have a problem suffering through cheesy low budget commercials
- There''s another telephone commercial with a husband and wife where the husband says he just signed up the family for unlimited calling and the wife starts berating him, "And where did you get the money for that? Maybe you should have have discussed it with YOUR WIFE before spending all that money? I knew I should have married [some guy''s name]". The husband then meekly says, "It was free" but I wish he would have replied, "Maybe you should have married someone else you shrewish cow. It would have made my life much happier!"
- That stupid Orville Redenbacher popcorn commercial with that douchebag Chris Angel.\
That dumb women screaming "he turned the bag into a bowl" or whatever nonsense.\
Ugh, that woman is sooo anoying.
- [quote]The insurance commercial where the husband is whispering into the phone and his wife comes up behind him and thinks he''s talking to another woman. The wife snatches the phone away; she''s such a shrew even after she hears a mans voice and the husband tells her it''s the insurance agent. It''s sad and puts marriage in a horrible light.\
You should post this on the OneMillionMoms facebook page.
- This one!
- I just saw that Summer''s Eve commercial. Good lord, how did they get away with that - by pretending it had "historical content"?%0D\
You know they were just dying to say "Power to the Pussy!"
- Quiznos had all those shitty commercials (and spent a fortune on them) and now they are about to go bankrupt
- Get a service which supplies DVD recorders. I have Direct TV satellite. They provide receivers in two rooms; each receiver has a programmable DVR. I record what I want to see and fast forward through commercials. \
Occasionally there will be a commercial I want to see, and I can watch it. Fast forwarding can be vastly rewarding for various reasons.
T. V. Gyde
- The current Philadelphia Cream Cheese commercial. That mother and daughter dancing around the kitchen makes me want to shoot my TV in. %0D\
The comercial that uses Buffalo Springfield''s Anti-War song "There''s something happening here." I think its for some kind of food product. Fuck, I hate that commercial - a beautiful song like that used to peddle ham or whatever the hell it is.
- Waffles . . . Waaaafles ???
The short-lived Quinos "Toasty Torpedo" spot is a legend!
- I don''t know if it airs in the United States or not (usually big American stars don''t do commercials that air in the U.S.) but the Nespresso commercial featuring George Clooney drives me up the wall. %0D\
By the way, what''s up with the woman asking him "are you Sir George Clooney?"
- The AT&T ad where the husband tells his wife he just signed them up for the service, and she gets all bitchy - asking him about money, why didn''t he consult her before signing them up, and then saying she should have married some other guy. The husband then tells her the service is free; the wife doesn''t even apologize.\
- Ooops; I didn''t see that R136 already posted the AT&T commercial.
- The Orkin commercial with the giant rats rocking out in someone''s home skeeves me out so much I don''t even want to think about Orkin, let alone buy their services.
- The Dairy Queen commercial with the pinyata and Mary Lou Retton. I want the guy to hit her with the club and then himself in a finale to the commercial.
- r147 / 148, I''m surprised that commercial wasn''t mentioned earlier unless it''s relatively new and/or playing in certain areas of the US. It seems like the perfect set-up for everything DLers hate.
- Any of the recent Heineken beer commercials. They seem to be reaching for some sort of cutting edge strangeness, but they are just trashy.
- Here I was just thinking the guy in R115''s commercial was a little chunky but hot (the one whose phone gets smashed). I thought it was funny.
- "Any of the recent Heineken beer commercials. They seem to be reaching for some sort of cutting edge strangeness, but they are just trashy."\
I kind of enjoy the one with the guy who enters the party greeting his friends while doing karate moves and changing his jacket, then he joins the band with the blond girl singing in a squeaky voice. Yep, strange but entertaining.\
The one with the guy fighting, and twirling his moustache, is annoying and just plain stupid.
- New Yorkers will know the local commercial for The Grand Prospect Hall in Brooklyn. \
I think it''s the same ad which has been running from the late 80s-early 90s. \
The commercial features the two Greek owners standing in their opulent ballroom speaking in heavily accented English, telling us, "We make your dreams come true!"\
They must be doing well, I read that they''re putting up a hotel near their ballroom.
- There''s a commercial for wireless internet with a clueless father, a pleasant mother who explains wireless internet, and a bitchy teen girl who snarks at her dad throughout the ad. "It''s an invisible cord, Dad." "It''s a really long cord, Dad." \
The dad should take away that nasty teen''s computer and phone, since he paid for them.
- The Ally Bank meanness-to-children commercials are back. Is this getting people to move their accounts??
- The very obnoxious people (adults & children) who insinuate themselves into the movies they are renting from Netflix. If these are the people Netflix are hoping will subscribe I want no part of Netflix or their customers.
- The Glidden paint ad with the couple painting their new home but the husband doesn''t want to cover the huge mural of Neptune(?) that the last homeowner left.\
The talking mural is creepy and the wife is all ''uh uh - not happening'' and quickly paints over the wall.
- Asking for help for something that''s driving me crazy. There''s a guy in a Progressive ad that I''ve seen somewhere but can''t place.... Who is the guy next to Flo?
- He''s in a Beneful dogfood ad, R160.
- Sun Drop girl droppin'' it.
- "I love that my daughter is part fish..."
- The "naked toilet paper" commercial by Cottonelle.
- LOL R163. Seconded!
- "keep trying combinations"
frock and slacks
- I don''t hate this commercial but for some reason I found disturbing the sight of Susan Sarandon acting like EveryMom as she shilled for the Got Milk people.
- I also hate the "It''s Morning Somewhere" commercials where some idiot thinks it has to be morning to eat a breakfast cereal, as if it''s the law.
- Suzi Barrett...the actress on Milo''s Kitchen dog treats and she also does Metamucil.\
She is SO SO ANNOYING !!!!!\
The worst is when she calls "Milo" the dog BRANIAC !!!\
OH MY...cannot stand her face.
- I HATE the excedrin migraine commercial with the blurry, bright, close-up shot of the actress''s face the whole time. She looks like crap and her voice drives me insane. I have to mute that one.\
Another awful commercial is the one for WWE Summerslam. A bunch of mostly-naked morons emerging from the ocean and ending up in front of a TV, oiled up sitting on a leather couch, tossing around a beachball and watching wrestling? Bleh. I can''t stand it!!
- Jell-O pudding face. Hate it. Cannot stand to see it.
- R170 does not believe Norwegian-Catholics exist.
- "Quiznos had all those shitty commercials (and spent a fortune on them) and now they are about to go bankrupt"\
Quiznos spent a fortune on those weirdo commercials featuring hamsters?! Or were they rats or gerbils?\
What were they smoking when they came up with that bizarre concept? Who wants to equate eating a sandwich with rodents?
- The Perdue chicken nuggets commercial is lame-o, but their head-nugget-maker-in-charge is so cute.
"Dang, that''s a good nugget!"
- FiberOne cereal commercial with the parents on edge cause they ran out of kiddy type cereal for their tween boy. They realize they''ll have to fool him into trying FiberOne - and he likes it. \
I hate how these adults get cowed by the possible negative reaction of this boy, instead of saying "You don''t like it? Starve!"
- "Quiznos spent a fortune on those weirdo commercials featuring hamsters?! Or were they rats or gerbils?"%0D\
They were SPONGEMONKEYS!!%0D\
THEY GOT A PEPPERRRRR BARRRRRR!!!
- Quiznos also used squirrels..!!\
Once again, RODENTS to sell food?!
- The "Oven Fucker" spot for Quiznos is the greatest of all time.
- Local stations are running these gruesome commercials to induce people to stop smoking; they show various people who have emphysema who are hooked up to oxygen. \
The worst part is the awful, gooey coughing and struggling for breath the victims do. The tagline is horrific too - "dying from smoking is never quick".
- FEED THE PIIIIG!
- The spots that use rotoscoped animation (some financial service) creeps me out. However, I did like the movie "A Scanner Darkly" that used the very same effect. Weird.
- Worse is the girl screaming at the cellphone, when she thinks she sees a real spider. That screaming is beyond annoying.
- "Waffles! Waffles . .."%0D\
God. I turn the television off when that one comes on.
- The whooping cough and anti-smoking emphysema PSAs are the absolute worst. Just die already!
- Crest''s whitening thing with the severe close-ups of all the mouths. I guess they think they''re very charming in a Benneton kind of way. To me the shots are grotesque, especially the ones who make gestures or smear the glass with lipstick.
- Wait for it ... wait for it.%0D\
Between that ad and all the others featuring that lady who looks like a flamingo, whoever is in charge of the ad campaign for Glade (Gladee in French) should be shot.
- This ain''t exactly "new" but it''s the ones with that curly haired little blond kid talking about cars.\
The second one (with the parents singing in the front seat while his friend is in the back of the ugly car saying "Help me") wasn''t so bad. \
But that first one....I just wanted to punch that smug little fucker and tell him he was lucky to not have to take the fucking bus. \
[[R35]] I hate that one too. And DirecTV sucks ass....we lose reception at the first wisp of a cloud.
- A little off topic, but has anyone ever experienced watching a show featuring an actor who then appears in one of the commercials for the show? I find it irritating only because at times it seems like it''s done on purpose to capitalize on Wendy Mallick''s popularity (with the limping dogs who are annoying in themselves) or Newman''s obnoxious behavior on Seinfeld.
Miranda''s boyfriend Skippy,suffering from flatulence and riding a car with a do
- ...riding a car with a dog sticking his ass out
- [quote]Suzi Barrett...the actress on Milo''s Kitchen dog treats and she also does Metamucil\
I hate her face too, she''s cross-eyed or something.\
There''s some commercial about a laxative or something where this woman is in a book store reading to a bunch of other ladies a story about someone being saved from "bad gas, constipation and diarrhea". Disgusting! I hate it.
- "Suzi Barrett...the actress on Milo''s Kitchen dog treats and she also does Metamucil."\
The very first commercials I saw this annoying woman in were the 1-800 dentist TV ads, where she''s in the elevator with the guy who keeps telling her to finally call a dentist.\
She gives him her bug eyes and then goes on and on about how she''s NOT going to see a dentist! She''s so freaking annoying you just want to strangle this woman.\
Aren''t most of these TV ads tested in control groups before being shown? Exactly how did the general public find this woman not annoying?!!
- The ads for the movie "Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star." Just who are they marketing this movie to, the mentally challenged?
- I saw this new one for Tide this afternoon.\
A prissy straight laced looking mom, who is sitting in a overly feminine living room, is bemoaning the fact that all her daughter wants to wear is hoodies and that the kid basically dresses like a boy.\
She complains that the Tide took all the dirt out of the daughter''s favorite clothes! Which meant she got to wear them again.\
The daughter is sitting on the floor, in what appears to be khaki camouflage style hoodie, she appears to be building something. The scenario leads watchers to believe the mom is very upset because her daughter might be a lesbian!\
It''s clear the mother is upset because her daughter isn''t feminine enough for her liking!\
What a ridiculous homophobic commercial, has anyone seen this?
- What is it with people in Microsoft''s cloud service commercials? "To the cloud"\
All people in the commercial look sedated and emotionless. And the commercials do not even tell you how to get the cloud service. So lame.
- "You got a weather balloon with points?"\
"Yes I did!"\
They play it every three seconds. Some Citibank commercial.
Huh? Why the hell am I "troll"?
The new Tide ad I saw today WAS homophobic and weird.
What the hell is happening to DL? It appears that people now come here, then throw around the word "troll' for no reason.
Here you go, moron!
Does Tide hate tomboys?
In a confusing new detergent ad, Mom's tired of her daughter's dirty hoodies. But is that the real issue?
Detergent ads have never offered just a simple narrative of how to vanquish tough stains. After all, the ladies know that dirty, stinky fabric is a reflection of personal failure, a reminder of some heavy emotional baggage, and of course, your crappy parenting. But now, apparently, even when you get your child's clothes clean, you're still a mess.
"Well, we tried the whole pink thing," the prim mom in the prim cardigan chirps through gritted teeth, while her khaki-and-camouflage-clad daughter happily plays with her blocks. "Nope," she continues stiffly. "All she wants to wear is hoodies. Hoodies and cargo shorts. Getting dirty. Then she left some crayons in her pocket and they went through the wash. I thought all her clothes were ruined. Enter Tide and Tide booster. The stains are gone. It's kinda too bad." She sighs and looks wearily at her child. "Another car garage, honey? It's beautiful." Buy Tide, the detergent that will thwart your attempts at gender-conditioning your offspring!
Since debuting last month, the latest "My Tide" story has not been quite the epic failure of the recently pulled PMS milk ads or those talking vaginas. Yet the ad has been attracting increasing critical attention as the latest in a year of bizarre campaigns.
As New Civil Rights Movement asked, "Hey, Tide, What's Wrong With Girls Wearing Camouflage And Cargo Shorts?" The Frisky mused, "Tide Thinks Your Little Girl Is A Big Ol' Lesbian Because She Likes To Play With Blocks."
more at link...
- Have to admit I found the spongemonkeys singing "THEY GOT A PEPPER BAR!" truly funny. Had never seen before but will be a hard one to shake.
- r197, My initial reaction was that you were reading in too much, sounding like One Million Moms. Next time you might provide your link with your comment which was clearly a result of having read the link in the first place, moron. Original thoughts much?
- I didn''t read the link first MORON @199!\
And WTF is, "One Million Moms"? Are you even a gay man? Gay men on DL seem obsessed with fraus.\
Who the hell are you to tel anyone to provide a link while commenting on anything?!!\
I saw the TV commercial for the very first time on Sunday afternoon. I didn''t read anything about this commercial online until I just GOOGLED it.\
After your absurd unprovoked attack on me, I GOOGLED to find the TV ad, as well as any commentary about it. \
You need to get laid, because you sound incredibly frustrated and really bitchy. \
Perhaps a Tide bottle cap might bring you some relief!
- Methinks the lady doth protest too much.\
You''re right about one thing, I do need to get laid.
- The McCann brothers...shoot them both and put them out of their misery. Probably all the same guy!
- Those State Farm commercials with some woman complaining that her husband got a Falcon from them. I don''t get it.
- Sidenote: Not every tomboy is a lesbian.
- R203, their point is that they save you so much money on insurance premiums that you can afford to buy stuff you really want -- the husband''s choice was a pet falcon.\
R204: so true.
- r193 -%0D
I see your point. Yours was my initial reaction (well, second to initial - see below) to the ad. But upon closer inspection, I was able to come around.%0D
The first time I saw the ad, I caught it midway, only in time to catch the hilariously performed punch line: "Another car garage, honey? It's beautiful!" (cue stressful smile). %0D
At first I laughed, thinking of that web site linked here a few months ago where gay people can post pictures from their childhood that totally gave away their gay selves from an early age. It also brought to mind the hilarious SNL spoof for Homocil (or whatever the name of that medicine was).%0D
Then I got offended - thinking "OK, this woman is clearly stressed out about her child's behavior and that sends a negative message about being a tomboy/subliminal lesbian."%0D
Then I finally saw the whole ad and - 1) remembering that it's one of a series of very personal, individual case stories 2) seeing how the mother's character was portrayed as extremely girly and loving of frilly decor - I realized it was a story contrasting characters from opposite sides of the spectrum with a humorous twist added. A mother-daughter Odd Couple of sorts.%0D
Not a representation of socially acceptable gender/sexual identifications vs. condemned ones. %0D
Why? Because the character portrayed as the one with the unstable behavior and quirky demeanor is clearly the mother, while the daughter plays away without a care in the world. Both individuals have extreme, unrelenting tastes, but only one of them is getting all bent out of shape.%0D
In other words - Tide can clean things for even the most ridiculous of obsessive-compulsive parents.%0D
Like your posted article says, it could be that Tide is reaching out to flawed people. It's actually a welcome break from the perfect all-American housewife behind the kitchen counter.
Mad Man Wannabe
- The commercials for the show "Pan Am". There is a voice over that says something like, "That is. Natural. Selection. At work. They don%E2%80%99t know they''re a new breed of woman."\
Who says shit like that?\
Another shows a woman running away from her wedding (at least that''s what it looks like). She jumps into a convertible and says, "I''ll be a Pan Am stewardess!" \
Uh. Yes, this seems very realistic.
- Adventure awaits!
Barf - looking forward to more lines like this
- Oops - just saw the ad, and the equally annoying line is %0D\
You better buckle up. Adventure CALLS
Tell her I''m not in.
- This one where they sing and some guy brings pizza and I HATE the part where the little boy and girl sing "he brought pizza it''s alright." I can never seem to move quick enough to the remote.
- The lady who''s pushing the Colon Health (or whatever) product who shows up at the most inappropriate places discussing gas, bloating, diarrhea... the worst is the one where she''s going on about this at a wedding.. a wedding??
- I mentioned that one somewhere upthread R211, it''s really ridiculous and disgusting.
- Do they actually show a CU of an asshole spewing explosive diarrhea after having taken Colon FLow?
- [quote]The commercials for the show "Pan Am". There is a voice over that says something like, "That is. Natural. Selection. At work. They don''t know they''re a new breed of woman." Who says shit like that?\
Male chauvinist pigs of the 60s said shit like that. It''s set in that time period.
- I know that''s the time period it''s set in, R214. The problem is it doesn''t even sound like something male chauvinist pigs would say. It doesn''t sound like anything an actual person, chauvinist or otherwise, would say in actual conversation.
- so don''t watch TV.
- AFLAC. Hate.It. hate the singing commercial for "Freecreditreport.com" Christ, it sucks!%0D\
Hate thehealth insurance commercials for people who need supplemental insurance to go with their Medicare. %0D\
Hate the commercials for the little electric scooters for people who can''t walk too much. Hate any and all commercials for a prescription drugs. All of them.%0D\
I love to watch food commercials. I love to watch car commercials. Actually, I hate most everything else.
- R215 - get yourself a copy of Helen Gurley Brown''s "Sex and the Office" and believe me, you will read MUCH worse, directly from Ms. Brown herself.%0D\
Wait till you get to the part about the office panty raids.
You can''t make this shit up
- Oh I totally believe that men said horrific things about women - they still do. Back then, they just felt more comfortable saying it to women''s faces.\
The reason why I find that particular quote ridiculous isn''t because it''s sexist (which, it is), but because it''s just bad writing and a laughable reading by the actor. Maybe it would be better in a full scene, but in the context of shitty commercial, wow, does it grate.
- Those dog food ads with the droning monotone voice of David Duchovny.
- Cheerios ad with a father and young son grocery shopping. The kid asks why his dad chose Cheerios - he asks if there are stickers/toys, etc. in the box. Finally he asks if there''s super heroes inside.\
The kids endless questions grate.
- "Ewww ... ear smudge! Toe fingers! I''m a spoiled worthless little cunt!"
- That drunk and/or retarded sounding guy on those "Bucky Larson" movie ads: "Let''s get Bucked Up!"
- I absolutely detest the AT&T commercial with the guy who tells his wife about signing up for a family plan and she berates him and says she should have married someone else. Just fucking insulting.
- THANK YOU, R224. \
I want to repeatedly punch that unfunny motherfucker.
- [quote]she berates him and says she should have married someone else.%0D\
"I should have married John Clark..."%0D\
I went to college with a John Clark who happens to be gay (and works for the film industry). He had many friends at least back then. This commercial makes me think of him everytime it plays and I''m sure many of his friends do too!%0D\
It has to be strange to see a frumpy housewife moping that she should have married you, especially if you like men.
- That Geico commercial with the office nerds playing with different iphone apps. Stupid enough but they play it constantly.
- The "I Like Mike" song that plays up in the corner every fucking time I look at DL in IE. Every time it starts I just think, "That''s enough DL for me today" and go read something else.
- Yes, the DL "I Like Mike" ads are ultra annoying, I have to turn them off immediately. \
Actually any video type ad screws up both the browsers I use. I always get a slow script message because of those stupid ads!
- [quote]That Geico commercial with the office nerds playing with different iphone apps. Stupid enough but they play it constantly.\
I watch that one to the end only because I keep trying to figure out if the last one is the same actor who plays the husband who gets the free unlimited mobile minutes with the cunty wife in the greenhouse.
- The Geico commercial where the dog plays the keyboard and the bird sings "Take On Me" makes me cringe. That bird singing voice is awful. Instant headache from the screeching.%0D\
At least a-ha is getting paid for the use of the song.
- In Florida Universal Park is already showing commericials for their Halloween parties. They try to see how grusome and scary they can make them. Nothing like watching tv alone in a dark house and one of these ads come on. Every year this happens and I have to either ff or change the channel.
Re: reply 233\
- You didn''t say I could have a real pony.%0D\
You didn''t ask.
- One specific and one generic.\
Specifically, I hate the MetroPCS ads with the Indian guys. Who decided they were funny? And strangely, they''ve been airing for a couple of years.\
Generically, I hate all of the current beer commercials which feature some schlub who thinks he''s getting one over on his girfriend (the guy who tells his gf that he''s studying "the bar", the guy whose residence is now limited to an entry list which doesn''t include his gf, etc). I''d love to see ads when take place a few seconds after these with the gf hooking up with a hotter guy and sharing the same brand of beer.
- Right this second? Those commercials where the little girls are singing in tribute to the NYC firemen. Sweet in and of itself... until you see it is for goddam STATE FARM. State Farm insurance!%0D\
Good news is they seem to be the only ones who have used the tragedy of 9/11 to sell something... at least the only one I saw today. There is a special place in hell for advertising folks who do this.
- Another moronic Geico ad, this time some asshole parents, who explain that they can''t afford sushi, have eaten their daughters fishes!\
The kid walks in with the empty fish bowl asking them if they''ve seen her pets, the father makes some stupid comment, meanwhile the schmuck father, who is at the dining room table, is eating one of them.\
Who ever comes up with this tripe doesn''t deserve to even be working!\
I''m old enough to remember when TV ads were clever, funny and memorable.
- Regis and Kelly in those tedious TD Bank commercials. His nasal voice grates.
- Sadistic "save the animals" commercials. The latest one, with a picture of a scrawny, horribly limping dog walking by a dirty building, with the words, "When am I going to eat again?" makes me sick. It''s obvious that animal is going to starve to death, it can hardly walk. I turn the channel as fast as I can.%0D\
With the last "In the Arms of the Angels" commercials, I had to change the channel as fast as I could so the cat wouldn''t have to see it. She would see starved, frightened, horribly depressed looking animals and turn away, I kid you not. One day I wasn''t home when this commercial came on, and the person who was there saw her get up and leave the room.%0D\
Who the hell thinks people are going to give money so these people can make more of these animal porn commercials? Why can''t they make a commercial with a happy story of an animal adoption, instead of freaking everybody out with animal horror stories? I know several people who change the channel when this comes on.
- Lean Cuisine has some new snack things - gloppy looking dip and flat bread. The commercial has this chick singing to the snack "I''ve been waiting for a snack like you to come into my life". \
This is sung to the tune of "Waiting for a girl like you" by Foreigner
- The people at the wedding with the "you had me at probiotic" I just want to put my foot through that guys face - what a fucking asshole
- Here in Canada, the current Joe Fresh commercials. A pedo''s dream.
- The commercials for the new NBC show, Whitney--they''re running it 24/7 that I don''t want to see her face ever again! and then the other show with Christina Applegate and Will Forte and a new baby.
- WTF is up with those angie's lists commercials, did they search the globe for the fucking creepiest looking people they could find - what's with that lady - you could back a damn caddy up her fucking nostril and that guy is so pasty white with a fake smile and a big head he looks like a fucking marionette - and that pear shaped gal with the wavy long hair out of the 70s somewhere that's covering half of each eye - wtf?
- Clorox has a really gross one. A little boy, about toilet training age, runs to tell his mom that he made 'doo doo'. Mom runs into the bathroom all happy that the kid seems to finally learned to TCB.
She looks in the bowl - nothing in it. She turns and asks the kid 'where?'. He points to the tub.
The next shot is of the mother measuring out some bleach.
- My gosh, they make commercials with retarded children on them now?
That lady's got a retarded tub shitter -- hard habit to break, no doubt.
- The Jimmy Dean sausage guy dressed up like the sun, who revitalizes sadsack planets & clouds by feeding them breakfast sandwiches. Don't know why it irks me but it does.
- "and then the other show with Christina Applegate and Will Forte and a new baby."
I guess the ads have no impact on you, because the actor is Will Arnett, Amy Poehler's husband, not Will Forte.
- Once again, the two asshole parents eating their daughter's pet fish on the new Geico ad.
It's like WTF? This has got to be the most MORONIC ad currently running on TV. How does this stupidity get past focus groups?
There's not much food on two small fish, because that's all the daughter had, two fish in a small fish bowl.
How cheap are her parents, the are so poor, they couldn't afford to buy some frozen or fresh fish?!
This commercial is completely absurd.
- The new Rembrandt add gets on my nerves. I really don't get this new fad of having someone with an awkward, artsy, yet slightly pretty look in commercials.
It's like the advertisers sit in some big meeting all agreeing in unison that the only way to make their product seem fancy and of good quality is to have someone artsy and foreign in the ad. Oh and the less sense it makes the better.
- Those Charmin toilet paper commercials with the "cute" cartoon bears with nasty wiping habits;
The annoying trend of obnoxious spokespeople singing "funny" jingles; the worst offenders are the Arby's "Good mood food" guy and the El Pollo Loco "Feel the Mexellence" mariachi singer.
Not a specific commercial, but a very annoying trend: every commercial now has to be color-coordinated to match the company logo; for instance, Pizza Hut commercials have to have the entire set and everyone on it dressed in bright red, and the pizzas have the reddest pepperonis I've ever seen.
- r.240: if you think the "save the animals" ads were sadistic, you should see new St Jude Children's Hospital commercials running practically every break on Antenna TV! Features plenty of slo-mo shots of ill little children with bald heads and tubes coming out of their noses gazing mournfully at the camera, all while some weepy female vocalist "Ooooo...ooooo"s to what sounds like the absolute saddest tune ever written. And the commercial goes on for nearly three minutes! One of the most maudlin and manipulative commercial ever.
- The commercial where the stupid female production assistant delivers Weight Watchers meals to a movie stars dressing room. The PA knocks on the door to deliver numerous meals, but finds herself eating from the plate each time, because the food is so "delicious." I think she even licks her fingers! Nasty.
- not a big fan of the eHarmony commercials. Especially the ones that show the single schlubs who manage to display at least a dozen different personality quirks and traits that i personally cant stand, all while attempting to market themselves to the opposite sex.
its hard to stomach the fact that these smug, smarmy guys are actually going to find someone, someday...but, im sure they will. also hate the new Plenty of Fish commercials, and the Golden Corral commercials with the obnoxious waiter, "Joey"
- I can't stand the new commercial for Toyota Prius. It's the one where the people are all wrapped up together to make one big person. It totally creeps me out.
- Totally agree with R240 and R253. And late one night, I saw Patrice O'Neal on Comedy Central,and he nailed that crap.
- Definitely the McDonald's commercials that are casting all women as ball-breaking immasculating bitches and cunts, and their men as hen-pecked pussies that lie to them in order to keep the peace.
"My sister's new boyfriend says Sundays are just for sports... can you believe that?"
The guy stops and fantasizes that if he says the wrong thing, she'll dump him and kick him out of the house.
Finally, saying he's smart enough to buy things off the dollar menu, he says/lies "He's a jerk!"
And the woman looks all smug.
UGH. Horrible commercials. The entire line.
- I just saw some weird 'vagina has power' commercial on STYLE earlier. I was half paying attention and was like, WTF was THAT?
I forgot what they were selling, but the gist of the ad was" "Women, listen up, your pussy gives you power, especially over men!"
- I really hate that Navy DUI commercial.
It's effective but sadder than shit....
Had his whole life ahead of him and then BOOM, it's taken by a drunk.
- There's that eHarmony ad with a guy named Craig who goes on some incomprehensible rant about soccer. Very annoying. That said, Craig is extremely hot and I would fuck him senseless...
- Nissan. No I don't believe some pilot with broken landing gear landed his plane on your truck. Nor do I believe that your truck pushed dune buggies up and over the dune.
Fuck you for this blatantly fraudulent advertising.
- "The Jimmy Dean sausage guy dressed up like the sun, who revitalizes sadsack planets & clouds by feeding them breakfast sandwiches."
Ah, come on, the one where the planets are all staggering around in the office and bumping into each other is cute. That's exactly how I feel every Monday morning.
- The McDonalds commercial with the group of 20-somethings all gathered around eating McNuggets and the one douche gong on about how the sauces make the meal. "It's like the ping to the pong. The ding to the dong."
- Whoever is double posting, please stop! Simply reload your page after you post, you will then see your post.
Anyway, that annoying Keranique hair loss commerical. What these liars DON'T tell you, the 'secret' hair re-growth product is minoxidal.
There is no other proven hair loss medication out on the market, other than minoxidal and Propecia.
Keranique not 'free' either, they ask for your credit card number so you can pay for the postage on the initial 'free' bottles. Then, they start billing you monthly and sending you this crap, even though you never requested it monthly.
It's a total scam, so many of my bosses patients have been ripped off.
- Another vote for the creepy Prius commercial. I've seen that "face" in European music videos and commercials-they seem to like ugly stuff.
- There's a new commerical for some car with Jennifer Lopez that is posing as a music video for one of her shitty new songs. Makes me lunge for the remote every time!
- Velveeta mac & cheese commercials w/the guy looking like a blacksmith and calling the imitation cheese product "liquid gold".
- "GOOD MOOD FOOD!"
Hey, my idea of "good mood food" is Xanax with a tequila chaser. So fuck off, amateur.
- This one. It's so off-putting.
- By the way, Consumerist is running their annual poll of the worst commercial right now.
- R271 ... none of my top ten is even ON that list to vote for!
- I hate the Nutella commercial where the mom brags about what a healthy breakfast Nutella on whole wheat bread is for her kids.
Yeah - the whole wheat might be healthy for them. But Nutella? Its first ingredient listed is sugar. Followed by palm oil.
- r267 that would be JLo for Fiat and it really is annoying.
Aflac with the ghetto duck saying "Major Medical Boys Yeah!" and then other animals rap including frogs and the people join in.
- [quote]The commercial where the stupid female production assistant delivers Weight Watchers meals to a movie stars dressing room. The PA knocks on the door to deliver numerous meals, but finds herself eating from the plate each time, because the food is so "delicious." I think she even licks her fingers! Nasty.
OH MY GOD!
This one makes me sick to my stomach.
First of all, the girl is a chubby little slob, stuffing her face and talking with her mouth full the whole time.
She sticks her fingers into CARRIE FISHER'S food and then licks her fingers.
Then, they show her rubbing the bank of her hand across her mouth AND HER (presumably snot-covered) NOSE!
They should have just shown her taking a shit on the food and then eating it. It would have been less disgusting.
Why would a DIET product want to feature a fat, ghetto piece of trash?
- C'mon R275, overreacting much?
The young woman is NOT fat nor is she '"ghetto", then again, I don't know what constitutes "ghetto" to you.
The commercial is kind of nasty, but I find it ironic that the queens here posting how gross this ad is would think nothing of blowing or rimming a stranger they just picked up in a bar or by cruising them on the street.
MARY to you!
- R270, you beat me to it. That commercial is the most horrible ad I think I've ever seen. The absolute cuntiness of the wife, and the defeated misery of the husband who can do nothing right makes me sick every time I see it.
I cannot imagine what makes AT&T think that commercial would entice anyone to do anything other than file for divorce.
It makes me want to get a divorce, and I don't even have a spouse (and that ad makes me virtually certain I'll never want to marry anyone enough to risk being in that situation).
- The McGladry golf commercials. The golfer treats his caddies like shit. I want to see him guillotined.
- The chubby guy with heartburn who keeps wondering when to take a pill. He has little flames breaking out all over his body.
"Pill now...pill later....Pill now?"
- R277, those commercials are the same as those McDonald's commercials... with the smug cunt wife/girlfriends and the patheticly pussy-whipped boyfriends/husbands who have to lie to keep their woman happy.
"Sweet Tea Pie!"
- ITA, R280. I'd forgotten about Sweet Tea. Every time I see those, I cringe.
WTF? Sweet Tea Pie, my ass. People got PAID for writing that garbage?!
- Just as bad (or worse) is the one mentioned above, with the girlfriend being all judgemental about her friend's boyfriend who thinks Sundays are just for football.
"He's a jerk!"
UGH! I want to punch that smug sanctimonious bitch in the face, and tell her boyfriend to grow some fucking balls.
- The LUVS baby diaper animated ad, with the babies on stage, their asses are towards the audience.
The soundtrack is “Poops, There It Is” (at least that what it sounds like they’re singing!)....as they are shaking their asses the backs of their diapers are expanding and you can surmise the diapers are filling up with their poop.
It's pretty gross, not to mention pretty damn dumb.
- Agree with R270; cringeworthy. Maybe the ad ex had an axe to grind?
- A commercial that I'm LIKING is the one for Capital One with Jimmy Fallon and the little toddler.
It's funny the way the Cheerios stick to Jimmy's lips, and that baby has some cute/scary facial expressions.
- R285, you're in the wrong thread.
- Another vote for 270. So uncomfortable! Makes me want to take the poor sod out for a drink and that can't possibly be the company's aim. Or can it? I really don't know what they are going for with this ad.
- R282, that smug, sanctimonious bitch really needs to wax her upper lip.
- The Progressive ad with the 1970s porn star moustached guy who is talking about insurance rates to the couple looking at mattresses. He then winks at the husband.
It's actually a pretty funny ad, but I have no idea what the point is of him winking at the guy.
Is the porn 'stached guy is supposed to be gay? Is he cruising the guy in front of his wife?
- the one with the dead boy in the casket saying im dead tired basetvile caskets are number one! i love it!
- The Truvia commercials with the tone-deaf hipster chick singing about how much she loves her newly discovered natural sweetener. Makes me want to jab a pen in my ear. I'm sure it's not Zooey Deschanel singing but that's who I picture and it makes me hate her even more.
- AT&T commercial with man and woman in their home terrarium. Husband tells wife he received something from AT&T and she (blonde wife) while pruning plants tells him that he shouldn't have signed them up without asking her, and then says, "I should have married so and so." He then tells her he got it free when he signed up. She then looks at him with a look that says she knows she put her foot in her mouth. I HATE THIS COMMERCIAL. The woman portrayed is so bitter sounding. It puts me off and I change the channel e.v.e.r.y. time. Take it off the air, people. It is so negative.
- R292, let me introduce you to R270.
- R270, R292, this actually came up at work.
The guy is so genuine and likable and everyone wants to kill this hag.
- The ad for Walmart, where they spotlight Degree anti-perspirant.
A couple are dancing together, the woman has arms raised high. The man dances really close and basically puts his face in her pits, to check that Degree is keeping her dry and stink free.
- Worst quote:
"It's time to get real about what happens in the bathroom"
Especially when the next commercial is:
"My husband thought it was a three-sheeter. I thought it was a one-sheeter."
- Dirty diaper commercial fittingly named America's worst ad of 2011
By Rick Porter; October 19, 2011 1:58 PM ET
Congratulations, Luvs. Or maybe not: The diaper maker's recent TV spot featuring animated babies competing in a poop-off has been named the Absolute Worst Ad in America for 2011.
The title comes courtesy of the readers of Consumerist, whose second annual poll named the "Poop, There It Is" spot -- which combines a silly premise with a doody-related cover of Tag Team's 1993 hit "Whoomp! There It Is."
The Luvs ad earned 32 percent of the vote in the poll, beating out an AT&T ad in which a woman uses her husband's act of signing up for unlimited mobile messaging as an excuse to air out her years of regret over their marriage. (On both counts, we are with the readers of Consumerist. Good choices.)
The poll also hands out dishonors for Most Grating Performance by a Human (AT&T's solitary flash-mobber beat out Flo from Progressive), Worst Abuse of an Existing Song (Heart's "What About Love" for Swiffer) and Trend That Needs to Stop Being a Trend (dudes who can barely stand their wives, as exemplified by Klondike and McDonald's).
Here is the, uh, winning Luvs commercial. What do you think of the poll's choices? Which ad do you hate most?
(Video at link)
- My sentiments exactly, [R291]! Unfortunately, those 'tone-deaf, hipster chick-singer' commercials are in every fucking commercial these days! Always some cutesy-voiced chick bleating out inane lyrics while tunelessly strumming a guitar or beating a piano key.
The latest offender is the new diamond engagement ring commercial, with Colby Caillat's "I Do" in the background: "You make me wanna say I do, I do, I do do do do do do do do!"
Knowing American women, this will probably become The Wedding Song for 2011-2012!
- I have a brand new hated commercial; I just saw it during the World Series. It's the new Taco Bell chalupa ad, with that wannabe "wild-man" poseur, Brian Wilson (the baseball player, not the Beach Boy), and his stupid fucking beard. He's trying way too hard to "happen", with his wacky attention-grabbing antics, yet people buy into his obvious shtick.
- The J. Lo ads for FIAT, she's driving around STILL trying to convince the world that she's still 'Jenny From the Block' and how 'real' she is. Yeah, riiiight.
I want to vomit.
- R297, I already mentioned the LUVS ad up-thread.
- Double my speed dot com! Double my speed dot com! Double my speed dot com! Double my speed dot com! Double my speed dot com!
Kill. Me. Now.
- NYS Lottery
Can't get the fucking song out of my head.
Are you ready? Are you ready? Are you ready? Get ready.
Over and over again.
- Totally agree with r303. Annoying as all get out.
Here in NYC, the single worst offender for carrying all those three-minute endless suffering animal/children commercials is NY1. I can't switch the channel fast enough.
usually followed by the wheezing, dying emphysema commercial
- FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS CASH!!! FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS CASH!!! (...blah blah great neck nissan...) FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS CASH!!! FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS CASH!!!
On the other hand I love the amatuer Corner Furniture ads. The ones with the old pimp doing the bad rap
- Any prescription medication commercial. Keep that unnecessary-drug money rolling in. Talk to your doctor.
- If I could start threads, I would start one specifically on how much I hate that fucking old navy commercial with the horrible (but cute) white guy trying to "rap" to a horribly reworked Wiggle It, Just a Little Bit.
It is SO BAD I can't look away. It's like a spoof of that type of commercial.
And please, take a moment to watch him dance at the end. It'll make your day.
- "It's funny the way the Cheerios stick to Jimmy's lips"
It's like whole oats bukkakke. I always think of jizz flying across the screen and sticking to his lips, but then again I think he's very fuckable.
- Whoever thought Jerry Stiller should be a TV pitchman should be fired. That's not a face I want in my living room.
- The one for Smart (un)car where people yell or sing BIG except for a dorky guy at the end who sees a Smart and says "Small."
Initially it was interesting but now just annoying as hell.
- 'Reege' & Kelly Ripa on those bank commercials, I don't know who's more annoying Regis or Kelly!
- Elizabeth Hurley's hawking some makeup. It's so obvious how she's over-lit and CGI'd to smooth out her face. How can anyone fall for this fakery.
The same trickery is used for Andie McDowell, Ellen Degeneres, Linda Evangalista and Drew Barrymore in their ads.
- Those Ford commercials with the fake press conferences presenting fake customers extolling the virtues of their Ford. Yes, so believable.
- The new Honda Pilot commercial, with the family singing "Crazy Train". As if the kids in that car even heard of that song.
Youtube has an extended version of the commercial. You know the Honda Pilot is marketed to soccer moms, because this add looks like a scene from the worst, most cliche-ridden chick flick ever made:
- all these damn Medicare Advantage commercials. I am sick of them.
- well there are so many, where to begin. The powerful stuff subaru commercial with the annoying young couple - the guy needs a slap to wipe that stupid smile off of his fucking face and then a good bath - and a haircut. And the progresso soup one - where these woman have lost weight from eating soup so they use soup cans and string to call the chefs and tell them - except this one lady gets this stupid knuckle dragging clueless dumbass straight guy who has no idea about what's going on - I could just hurl a soup can at his fucking face
- anything with that yelping/yodeling thing the 20- 30-somethings think passes for passionate music. And anything with some dumb hipster 'cradling' a big mug of coffee in TWO HANDS and looking very smug. Suck it, dumb shits.
- In Dallas, it's the home-made Freed's Furniture ad, with the awful-looking hooker prancing around in her CFM pumps and caressing the Gawd-awful crap that passes for furniture. Me want stab her!
- R315 is right -- the Honda Pilot ad with the fucking singing family gets me crazy.
I want the whole fucking family to blow up in that fucking ugly minivan.
- My friend is in that commercial, r311. While it is annoying, he's making a good paycheck off of it, so there's that.
- Why would a Chinese guy need Rosetta Stone to be able to speak Chinese with his parents? If they both speak it, wouldn't they have taught him as a child?
- The D-Con rodent-poison commercial with the shlub in the mouse costume.
- "Hey.. you're all eating tacos? Don't you think that is some information I would have wanted to know?"
God, I hate that commercial.
- "I'm Bonnie, and this is MY CVS!"
Shut the F up. Please.
- The State Farm commercials with the annoying song in the background with the lyrics "uh-oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!"
- The "Cinnamon Toast Squares" cereal commercial is pretty weird.
It's the one where a cinnamon square EATS another square! It's really bizarre, especially as the ad is most likely geared to kids.
Cereal cannibalism anyone? loool
The worst animation I have ever seen. That squirrel looks like it was drawn by a toddler.
- Commercial for Elderplan, with the two couples singing the song "Go Where You Wanna Go" by the Mamas and the Papas.
- Pretty much all of them, which is why there's a mute button.
- Rosetta Stone - i want to fucking bitch slap everyone on the commercial - hard! what fucking patronizing assholes - "I can now say to my way jen nay say kwa - dumb ass
- Those goddamn FreeCreditScore.com commercials. Formerly FreeCreditReport.com with an obnoxious phony band, they just changed the name and hired a different, even more obnoxious phony band.
- Possibly homophobic R327, as he eats the other one after it has licked him.
- R324=paranoiac who is the laughingstock of her office!
- The new JLO Fiat ad, apparently an "apology" of sorts for the first one, where she goes back to the streets of the Bronx.
- Shoot Flo the Progressive Insurance Lady. So tired of her.
So tired of the contact lens commercial where the guy cries on his wife's shoulder, saying, "my BRAND!". WTF???
- The McDonald's commercial with the young couple at the airport on their way to their honeymoon when he is interrupted by friends sending him photos of the McRib sandwich. So stupid.
- R337, the only thing I hate about that one is that it's yet another in a long line of McDonald's commercials where there's a couple where the woman is a complete bitch/cunt, and the guy is a complete pussy/wuss/moron.
- I actually adore the guy in the Old Navy ad -- yes, the "Wiggle It" one and, yes, including his little dance at the end. Don't know why, he just makes me smile.
BUT the girl in that McDonalds ad, the "I married a 14 year old" incites rage in me with that flat voice and cunty demeanor. And she's in, like, three national commercials at once doing the same nerd schtick so you can't escape her (the Ebay jeans commercial is just as obnoxious). MAKE HER GO AWAY! She'd have been straight-to-video sex comedy actress in the '80s.
- R322 = ignorant
- The incredibly DUMB new Amazon ad.
A woman appears to be walking down the street, then she approaches her building. There' a parcel she's been expecting, it was simply left by the building's entrance door!
As if something this stupid would happen in any big city!?
In her package is some type of Kindle or a iPad, whatever is, I assure you a package just left on a city building's doorstep wouldn't be there very long!
Who the hell dreams up these commercials!? People who grew up in areas where everyone kept their doors open?
- "We're the cool moms!!!"
Ugh, that commercial makes want to see all those fraus get run over by their "cool" new minivans. And they are such a diverse group of cool moms, all blending into one big piece of white!
- I see that not infrequently. UPS will leave it on your doorstep if you sign a release.
- Those education connection commercials...HATE THEM
- Andrea True’s “More, More, More (How Do You Like It?)” is now being used on the Honey Bunches of Oats commercial.
I wonder if the cereal company, or even the ad agency who created this ad, realizes that Andrea True used to be a porn star in the 1970s! looool
- “I see that not infrequently. UPS will leave it on your doorstep if you sign a release.”
Perhaps if you live in a nice suburb, where you can trust your neighbors, but never on an outside doorstep in an urban environment. Leaving a package delivery on an outside doorstep, is simply asking for your parcel to get stolen.
I live in a non-doorman co-op in NYC. The lobby door is locked, there is no buzz in system, the USPS and UPS have pass keys to get in. They both always leave parcels behind tenant’s doors. I’ve been in my building over 15 years, nothing have even been taken from behind my door.
I try to never use FedEx because they don’t have a pass key, plus they have bizarre delivery hours, in my area, their last delivery is 5 or 6PM. The few times I did use FedEx for pet supply deliveries, it took nearly 3 weeks to finally get my parcel because either I wasn't home and/or the locked lobby door problem. They actually left a card for me to pick up the parcel at their Queens depot! What’s the point in paying for a delivery service, then having to go pick up your parcel..?!!
Say what you want about the USPS, I’ve never had any problems with their deliveries!
- The Freedom Disability commericals seem really dumb - a bunch of healthy looking, fit people crowing about how Freedom Disability got them their disability insurance money - for what? Not one of them looks sickly or disabled. It just annoys me because it is misleading.
- The Coupon Suzy broad with her huge titties. Guess she saved on implants.
- The Subway commercials where adult office worker talk like little kids. Annoying!
- I can't stand that perky Coupon Suzy! I want to see someone just run on screen and punch that smile right off her face.
- "Paw-Paw has the coolest chair in town."
I just know those who have seen it loathe this one as much as I.
- Every time I see that washed up rugburn Kim Cattrell's commercial for "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter" where she tells us her recipe for French toast with Jacques (who's voice is obviously dubbed), it makes me want to spit out my sugarcube!
- "The Coupon Suzy broad with her huge titties. Guess she saved on implants."
I guess you meant: she saved up FOR the implants!
That guy on Kim Cattrell's "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter" commercial looks like comedian Adam Corolla! He's not very French looking at all.
He's as French as my Afghan Hound and my Burmese cat!
- By all means, please use the war to sell your cheap ass jewelry, you shameless cunt.
God, do I hate Jane Seymour. She'll no doubt be selling her bowel movements next.
make her go away
- The Audi commercial where the guy comes home for Christmas and his parents sneak out, taking his car as he looks out the window. Nice family message there, Audi!
Not sure how good the movie is but for some reason, I dislike the Marilyn Monroe movie ad with Michelle Williams breathing "Yardley's lavendar".
- I like Jane Seymour but I hate those Open Heart (or whatever its called) jewelry commercials.
- [quote] like Jane Seymour but I hate those Open Heart (or whatever its called) jewelry commercials.
- “Not sure how good the movie is but for some reason, I dislike the Marilyn Monroe movie ad with Michelle Williams breathing "Yardley's lavendar".”
What’s the problem, they couldn’t get the OK to have Michelle actually name the REAL fragrance she wore, Chanel No. 5?
Anyone who’s a Marilyn fan knows her famous line is that she slept in nothing but Chanel No. 5!
“What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course” - Marilyn Monroe
- I was annoyed they fucked up that iconic Marilyn line, too, R359.
I hope this movie tanks.
- Ugh--brace yourselves..
I'll bet Kohls couldn't wait to roll this shit out. I hope their sales drop dramatically because of this.
- Incredibly hateful ad with the yuppie scum sitting around the restaurant table - "it's $37 each" and they all whip out their little i-whatevers and e-pay the bitch, and the other smug bitch turns to the hapless guy who has (how gross!) actual money and patronizingly tells him "I'll show you how". I want to slug all of them.
- "Ugh--brace yourselves..
I'll bet Kohls couldn't wait to roll this shit out. I hope their sales drop dramatically because of this."
I don't think Rebecca Black actually wrote that craptaculous 'song', so, she hopefully won't be get a fucking dime off that TV ad, unless she's 'singing' it.
WOW, these ad agencies are so creative these days! It used to be, they actually hired professional jingle writers to create music specifically for TV ads, now they're too cheap or lazy to even do that. Now they simply use already recorded music or, in this case, change the lyrics!
Barry Manilow got his start writing commercial jingles, most of what he came up with are memorable tunes.
I recall reading in, I think, The New York Times of all places that Rebecca Black makes $20,000 a day from downloads of that ear shattering piece of shit song, this can not be true!! I hope that included the 'songwriters' cut!
- [quote] Incredibly hateful ad with the yuppie scum sitting around the restaurant table - "it's $37 each" and they all whip out their little i-whatevers and e-pay the bitch, and the other smug bitch turns to the hapless guy who has (how gross!) actual money and patronizingly tells him "I'll show you how". I want to slug all of them.
"Bitch, I only had a salad. How do I owe $37? Doesn't that gadget have a calculator on it?"
- Xfinity, Sofia Vergara: "Ew... You got de scrrreen awl grrrreeeeassyuh!"
- That blonde robot in training for Christmas shopping in the Target commercials--horrendous campaign. Why the hell did they bring it back?
- Nooooooo R348 Bette is hilarious in that Acura commercial -- especially that jolt when her hat pops and the little scurry away at the end.
I HAVE MISSED HER!
unapologetic queen for the hour
The ad with the swinging couple in formal wear (he's a redheaded guy with artfully stubbly facial hair, she's an Asian girl in a black dress) dancing their hip asses through a nightclub.
Being ushered in the side door and high chef loves you. Namaste, chef. (Let hipster do some veg chopping.)
Thumbs up to the fire breathing magician! Yeah, red haired guy's an amateur magician, too. Only better. (Asian girl looks on digging it.)
Dance on tabletops! Smash through paper room divider. Slap the aquarium, hipsters! Everyone stop eating and salivate over the delectable redheaded man and his arm candy.
It's for beer. I had to look it up.
- [quote]Xfinity, Sofia Vergara: "Ew... You got de scrrreen awl grrrreeeeassyuh!"
No, that's the best part.
- I could never figure out what the psychiatrist is saying in the Coupon Suzy commercials. "I want to visit the circus go crazy!" WTF?
- This thing called "Forever Lazy" which is feetie pajamas without the feet. The part that bothers me is when they show people wearing this shiz IN PUBLIC.
- They also show people going to the bathroom in them with the little trap door of the bottom of the Forever Lazy.
- I hate the updated "Peter comes home" Folgers commercial where they turn Peter into a transexual. This girl opens the door and yells "Sister!" That's your sister? He/she looks like a man. And then they had to add that he/she was coming home from South Africa. How contrived. And then the girl puts a bow on her "sister" and says "You're my present this year." Ugh. I know they're trying to be progressive with the trans community but why do they feel the need to mess with the original?
- Thank goodness all of the Black Friday ads are finally done. Now all we have to look forward to is several weeks of nauseating Christmas ads.
- I fucking LOATHE these hipster cunts...
and they're not even real
- Hilarious, R375, they are friggin' CARTOONS and I want to punch them both out. Guess that shows how much I hate what they represent. Could they be bigger creeps? Sign me up for THAT building.
like a bad "SNL" skit - "for a lifetime of shallow values,you're going to hell!"
- That badly bleached middle-aged meth head shrieking and slobbering over the Target ads. I could smack that bitch in the eye.
- The bleached Target freak looks like she could be Jerri Blank's identical cousin...
- The McDonald's ad with the woman making up ridiculous and embarrassing baby-talk nicknames for her boyfriend. Is she mentally deficient?
- The blonde woman in the Target commercials is comedian Maria Bamford. If you know her standup you'd understand she's completely ripping on Christmas shopping-obsessed, Martha Stewart wannabes. She talks about her sister being one. But I can see how she'd come off annoying to people who don't know her.
- Ellen DeGeneres shilling for Cover Girl. So much wrong. She's way over lit, to try to not show wrinkles, combined with overdone eye makeup. I hate the dumb 'I'm so sexy' faces she makes. Looks like a chimp instead.
- "The ad with the swinging couple in formal wear (he's a redheaded guy with artfully stubbly facial hair, she's an Asian girl in a black dress) dancing their hip asses through a nightclub."
The song used in that ad is an old 1960s pop hit by some Indian singer, it was used in the film "Ghost World". I actually have this song on vinyl, wish I remembered the name!
- I can't stand the Home Goods Christmas ad, with the smug frau who seemed so happy that her friend is delighted with her $20 limit cheapo glass bottle, meanwhile her other female friend asks, "I thought there was a $20 limit."
She snarks back to her, "There was!" Or something equally obnoxious. Then, gives a self satisfied smirk. WOW, all in the spirit of the Holiday Season! Lovely!
- R380, it doesn't matter if she's riffing or satirizing or being ironic or what. It's just so fucking annoying I hope I never see her in anything again.
- I'm hating the Best Buy commercials where they are mean to Santa Claus.
- On the Food Network, the Michael Symon ads where he's shilling for Calphalon appliances. They're supposed to be funny ("Oh, look, the stagehands are stealing the coffee! I need some for my sauce!") but they are amateurish and annoying instead. And he needs his teeth punched out.
- R385, when I saw this thread on the first page, I was about to post about those same commercials. For some reason, they really annoy me.
- Those fucking 1-800-GET-THIN ads on the radio. That song they sing is so insipid it makes my head hurt.
They play the song at the end of the TV commercial. ARGH!
- The one with the bitchy teen who sings to her family about how much she's hated all the presents she'd gotten from them before and wants to make it clear to them exactly what they should get her this Christmas. I hope she gets a bucket of coal and a drop-kick out of her house.
- I stumbled onto this local commercial on YouTube. Have any of you NYC folks cringed at its awfulness?
- "SOMEBODY LEFT THE GATE OPEN!"
I hate, detest, loathe this commercial. I don't know what it's for, but when that voice (ugh, that *voice*) starts "singing," i turn the channel or hit mute.
- This one!
Imagine that cheeky Infiniti daring to challenge the automotive majesty that is BMW.
- The Yoplait yogurt commercial where two woman are ordering high calorie coffee drinks. Then one changes her mind and grabs some Yoplait.
The 2nd woman gives the yogurt eater side-eye looks like "you're making me feel like a bad fatty for choosing this coffee drink".
- That's the one working my nerves these days R391. It's for Visa. The woman talks about picking up a few things before vacation. She says "nylons" and they show a nylon climbing rope - "shoes" they show climbing shoes because they're actually (wait for it) going [italic]rock climbing[/italic] on their vacation.
Clever, huh? But that friggin' song! You want to find out who sings it so you can track her down and punch her in the larynx.
- That Jennifer Hudson commercial where she sings with her old fat self for weight watchers. It's on every 10 minutes now.. Ugh
- The Ford commercials with smarmy Mike Rowe. In one of them the "customer" says "Are you sure you're not a salesman?" as if he's not a salesman.
Honey, he didn't invent the car. He didn't manufacture it. He gets paid by Ford to sell cars even if he smirks as if he isn't salesman.
- the tony the tiger commercials where the father is outside playing sports with his son (one has fucked up teeth) and tony. after a few plays they go inside for the "best part" a bowl of frosted flakes. in each ad, father acts like spilling a few flakes is a major tragedy because they're way too good to waste.
netflix ads where game show host asks incredibly stupid question (which is supposed to be off-the-wall funny) then contestant correctly answers with equally stupid response (also quirky funny) ex: if march comes before may, what do i have in my left pocket? ans: half a mint and a rusty switch blade. hahahaha NOT! incredibly stupid ad campaign.
- Well, here's a DL double feature for ya: the Charmin toilet paper chards bears and the Citi SOMEBODYLEFTTHEGATEOPEN!! lesbian.
- [italic]SOMEBODY TURN ON THE GAYDAR...[/italic]
- Everything you imagined the Gate Open singer to be and then some.
- I'm not going to read through 400 replies to see if this has been posted, but Nationwide and its jingle:
- The detergent commercial where the dude and his wife have triplets and they are folding clothes. Then he has this giggle fit at the end.
- "I made potty", as the kid points toward the bathtub. That kid is retarded, correct?
- The Trojan Twister commercial where the woman happily shows her neigbor her new sex toy and you can spot the people who have one by their wind swept hair.
- I'm getting sick and tired of ALL the truck commercials on right now! They sometimes show two or three during a single commercial break and they're all cheesy and annoying.
- "poop there it is" for luvs diapers . . .babies showing off their respective defecations. unspeakable.
- I want to kill the singing bitch in the Hyundai commericals.
Fucking hate her.
- I think it's Hyndai commercial, a young woman is playing a guitar and singing some annoying Holiday based song completely out of tune.
I actually think she's strumming an electric guitar, I don't think you can strum an electric guitar without producing some ear bleeding sounds, so right there, you can figure she's not a musician. And from the sound of her 'voice', she's not a singer either!
She's actually a few other characters in the ad, one who resembles George Harrison during The Beatles hippy' peace/love era, complete with a wig, psychedelic clothes and moustache. Or she could be going for the Jason Schwartzmann look!
She's also on another commercial, singing while she's driving. This woman can't sing for shit, she must have connections to get hired for these TYV ads.
- Geez -- you can see by the way she "strums" the guitar that she isn't a musician...
- "Geez -- you can see by the way she "strums" the guitar that she isn't a musician..."
YES, I actually can see, and hear from her crap voice, that she's not a guitarist OR a singer. Don't be an ass. There must be ton of talented attractive women who sing who could have been hired, yet this chick gets the job?!
Perhaps she can actually play another instrument? Piano? Meat flute? Who fucking knows, though it's pretty clear the chick is tone deaf in the singing department.
I used to photograph rock concerts for a living, so I think I can remember how real musicians play their instruments. I don't recall any electric guitarist strumming their instrument, strumming is usually reserved for acoustic guitars.
- at&t 4 G commercia: Why would they run this spot when you cannot understand what the talent is saying? so What ago???
What a stupid director to let this air.
- I am the egg McMuffin of commercials.
- Teh Foundation for a Better Life ads. It's a tax dodge, it's insulting, and the worst is the Dickensian orphanage where the little kid asks for more and they give it to him because he said "Please" and "Thank You." They ought to be ashamed, billionaires poking fun at orphans.
- The one where Jamie Lee Curtis tells us to videotape ourselves taking shits.
- What is wrong with Hyundai?
First I saw that one with the little girl and her dad (or molestor) singing a Christmas song in the back of their car. Now, they have one with wannabe rapper or hip-hop looking actors prancing around looking like idiots.
Whichever agency did these ads should be disbanded.
- How soon we forget, Redi Whip at Breakfast
- This one has to be up there.
- R407 and R408 totally beat me to it. Everytime it comes on, I hit the Mute button or change the channel. She's so fucking annoying.
- The annoying voice-over actress who is in the Excedrin and Chex mix ads, just to name a few. Also, the Swiffer sweeper voice-over actress is horribly annoying. She sounds like a pretentious valley girl / cheerleader.
- Jamie Lee Fucking Curtis.
Like to shove her Acivia right up her bony ass.
- the one that goes "this new AT&T 4G LTE is fast". where the two office bitches with their new and improved "crackberries" are so addicted to their phones. next time this comes on, watch the red-heads face instead of her phone when she shows the clip of f-ing "face-cake" to her co-worker. I am not a violent person, but I would LOVE to slap this woman
- I second the [R407] and [R408] - came here to specifically complain about her.
She's like a bad Miley Cyrus imitation.
I liked the Pomplamoose Hyundai commercials from last year a lot better.
- r408- you do realize that she had no say-so of what guitar she uses- the client picks them out for their looks. And she appears to be actually doing some chord changes on the fret- most of the time they randomly slide their hand up and down without any fingering.
75% of products used on what you see in commercials/tv/film will be chosen for its looks, rather than what its proper usage. I'm always amazed at that- I'll see something that is climbing or surfing related, and it'll be all wrong (and completely unsafe in real life).
And I've worked on several of the commercials that been mentioned in this thread.
Back to the subject:
Milk commercial with the Mom shaking the milk substitute.
- There's a creepy Doritos commercial with a guy in an office who sucks the Dorito crumbs off of one coworkers fingers. Then he rips the pants off a different coworker so he can enjoy the smell of Dorito crumbs the guy wiped off onto his pants leg.
- Isn't the whole Hyundai thing that they asked the viewers to do their commercial for them, by sending in youtubes about Hyundai? Aren't they trying to imply she did so? Talk about cost cutting....Free ads!
- [quote]"SOMEBODY LEFT THE GATE OPEN!"
I hate, detest, loathe this commercial. I don't know what it's for, but when that voice (ugh, that *voice*) starts "singing," i turn the channel or hit mute
It's for citi cards.
I am with you, HATE IT! Hit the mute button when that stupid girl on the rock mountain commercial comes on.
- Any FreeCreditReport.com commercial.
The songs are always annoying and the latest is no different.
And also? If you use them (at least as your sole channel to get your credit report) you're stupid. The government lets you get one free report from each credit bureau every year.
If you need your credit score, itself, I can maybe understand paying for that. But if you are just checking your report, why pay for something that's FREE?
- Anything having to do with the huge marketing wars, e.g., insurance, diet, or mobile conglomerates at each others throats, each with an ad stupider than the other. Recent culprits include FloBot, Chief Pope Sells Out, That Inane Pig Going "Weee" Down The Mountain, and Jennifer Hudson Singing With Her Fatter Self.
Also, add one more vote against the Honda Interracial Van Singers (HIVS for short), especially Junior Miss Granola and her "A-ye, A-ye, A-ye!" percussive beats.
On the other side of the coin, I have yet to get tired of the BRILLIANT "I'm gonna get wet..."
- I don't know most of these. I guess I watch almost everything on DVR these days.
- I am not loving this..
- R428 Chicago is filled with beaches, so they are offended by that ad.
- Who is that older daddy, wears a cap and jeans and is on Ford and other commercials. I want that.
- Doesn't Mike Rowe do the Ford commercials?
- I HATE this chlorox commercial. Revolting.
- I'm sick of any and all Mucinex ads.
I don't want to see boogers/snot talking anymore than I want to see a bear with TP stuck to its ass.
- The fucking Gerber College Life Plan.
I've seen it seven times this evening .. arrrggghhh!!
- Emirates ad. They are building the plane while some guy is delivering the water.
Doesn't inspire confidence in the safety of the flight.
- Bikini season is not about beaches r431, it's about weather. The Windy City By The Lake can probably claim a total of 30 days of "bikini" weather, that is if the lovelies bring a sweater for after sunset. Conversely, Las Vegas - with no beaches in sight whatsoever but tons of resorts - has bikini season practically year-round.
Should we pack a bikini next time we go to Alaska, Canada, or Russia, with their hundreds of thousands of miles of beaches?
Sorry, Crystal Light 1, Sensitive Chicagoans 0.
The ad stays
- Mike Rowe is so hip in some of his commercials:
"That's how I roll!"
"I'm gonna rock your world!"
Way to keep up with the times, Mike. Try these lines too:
"I'm keepin' it real, ya'll!"
"Ford cars are bootylicious!"
Try to work in Ramen noodles or Pez too. Those words always raise a chuckle.
Oh, and you can afford a new baseball cap, which you should try wearing backwards. All the youngin's will be hep to that jive.
- I want to punch the "That's so 27 seconds ago" guy in the face.
- At Eastern Motors
Your Job Your Credit
- The new pizza hut commercial with this idiot playing guitar singing about 10$ pizza's is horrible. I want to kill the TV when I hear that commercial. I change the channel and never go back. Boycott pizza hut till they take this commercial off the air. I called corporate and complained.
- That vitamin D drops comercial where the little girl, schlepped out on the set to be cutesy-pooh, asks her boring soccer mom of a frau mom what her vitamin D drops are. "They're like little drops of sunshine."
"Woooooooooow," the little girl replies myopically, then comes back to the counter with sunglasses on, announcing she is ready for her drops, to which the hate-filled cunt that plays her mother does a very poor performance of loving-filled laughter, sounding more like a long boring fart leaking out from her clenched up pucker.
- ABC's THE REVOLUTION.
Fuck em all!!!
I have only One Life to Live and today it is ending.
- "Hi there funky people are we having FUN?!"
Didn't know that satirizing annoying people could in itself get just as annoying.
No es lo mucho sino lo seguidito
- The Doritos commercial with the microscopic nipples.
- This is the best commercial.
We sure did!
- The ones with Bill Cosby and the pudding. Haven't seen them in years, but I am apt to hold grudges.
Oh, and the Ayn Rand thing for the Daily News. Her grammar drove me up the wall. "It's the best read newspaper because it is the best written." "Best read" is not the idiom that she implied. She didn't even seem to mean "most easily read." She meant "most widely read," which it was, at the time.
(See what I mean about grudges?)
- What's the deal with the Cancer Center commercials? Are the people in these ads actors and actresses?
It seems the current ads, showing an attractive blond woman, with Stage 4 breast cancer, Jane and her husband Eduardo, are the SAME people who are going to be on upcoming episode of the BIOGRAPHY series "I Survived" or whatever it's called.
They were supposedly held hostage for a huge ransom and Eduardo was threatened with a needle filled with HIV tainted blood.
I'm figuring these two are actors? It's two much of a coincidence that this woman Jane had Stage 4 breast cancer and was also held for ransom!
- Ooops, TOO much of a coincidence......
- They've been running a new commercial for Jack In The Box about a guy getting married to a slice of bacon. It's literally one of the most stupid ads I have seen in quite some time.
"Oh Bacon...I love you..."
- Not one commercial but since when did children with missing teeth equal cute in ads? There are a few commercials featuring kids like this, most noticeably one for the Association of Realtors (or some such organization) with the kid sitting on the front stoop of the house with his grandfather and the kid is missing something like four teeth in his mouth. Why not have Grandpa without his dentures to make it extra cute?
- This has been running in NYC non-stop, it's as annoying as the man couging up his lungs!
"Mrs. Whitely, I'm very sorry....you have lung cancer...."
Why must Mrs. Whitely look like a woman who has been living in a trailer park or a homeless shelter? Her hair looks greasy, it's matted down, she has blond hair with dark roots, basically, the overall look is 'poor' and/or homeless.
I guess professional working people don't smoke cigarettes huh? What a load of bullshit.
I often wonder exactly who these terrible public service health ads are geared to. If the demographic for this particular anti-smoking ad is geared to homeless women, I doubt they have much time to watch TV!
- I also wanted to add, 'Mrs. Whitely' needs to do a Dove or Pantene commercial, to get rid of her greasy flat hair!
The stupidity of these public anti-smoking TV ads really irk me, this ad is suggesting that only downtrodden, poor and/or unsophisticated people smoke? Which is an utter load of total bullshit. Tons of successful, wealthy and sophisticated people smoke, drink like fish and take drugs, addictions are across all demographics.
I know the idea of any commercial is to get the public's attention, but these local NY ads are so low rent, annoying and tacky.
- Any Geico commercial with the pig
any J.G. Wentworth commercial
- Me too, R436. The parents who've "got to get started" are both such sadsacks -- mom has a horsey face & horrendous hairdo, dad looks like a dimwitted basset hound. Their poor kid damn well better go to college, she's going to be too ugly to catch a husband.
- I hate almost all of the commercials on super-late at night. That lint remover - "schticky" (or something like that) and the beyond-anoying actor/comedian who hawks it. Hate hair remover commercials. HATE K-Y commercials beyond belief and description; the one with the Asian couple is especially obnoxious.
Love to see some gays in commercials in my lifetime!!!
- Any AT&T 4G commercial. They're so twenty-six seconds ago.
The Geico pig commercial as mentioned above. Didn't care for the original and hate the new ones even more.
- That coffee (Folger's?) ad where the woman slurps her morning cup & promptly waxes ecstatic in a dance/exercise class -- succumbs to hysterics with a classmate & erupts in joyful worship with arms raised heavenward at the end. She looks like a demented virgin about to sacrificed in some Mayan ritual. If this is the effect the product has on wholesome housewives, it ought to be outlawed.
- I want to slap every adult in those A T & T commercials that says "That's so 20 seconds ago." So now we have adults talking like 12-year olds and they're supposed to be the ones we relate to in the commercial??? I also can't stand the commercial where everyone is at a meeting and whips out their iPads and then makes fun of the guy who is writing with a pen.
- Ditto, 459 - waving their arms in the air, etc., yuck. Folgers - why not bring back an updated Mrs. Olsen, her grand-daughter, or something. "Mountain-grown - that's the richest kind!"
- The yoghurt Swapportunity commercial. It's bad enough that we have millions of undereducated idiots running around but now we have yoghurt manufactures making up words and trying to make them happen. And the kid in the commercial has one of the whiniest voices ever.
- After the Oscars snub, I hope I never again have to endure that trailer from The Descendents where Clooon keens over his dead wife
- Can't stand the Allstate commercials with dennis haysbert, eho has that annoying sounding voice.
- I just want to say how much I HATE the excedrine commercial with the "in your face" woman that talks to us like we are some kind of idiot if we don't take excedrine for a migraine. We know excedrine is out there, it doesn't work for all of us!
- On Lawn Guyland there is this commercial-- I mean, what young woman doesn't have a ton of scrap metal littering her house? And it's just so typically Guyland ...
- Another fun Lawn Guyland commercial was for Brothers 3 pools. A young guidette woman intoned, "My uncle makes 'em, my faw-thuh instawls dem ... You can't beat DAT comby-nay-shun."
Unfortunately, the only extant Internet version of this commercial is the later version, after they obviously reshot it with the help of a vocal coach who lightened up Guidetta''s Guylanduh accent.
- Somebody redid the scrap metal ad!
- Yoplait yogurt commercial with the black woman and her tween daughter in the supermarket. She tells the kid to go get some yogurt -- the kid has such a sullen, pissed off face. She even sort of rolls her eyes when she turns away to go get the yogurt.
They really picked a kid actor with bad case of "sourpuss", cause her demeanor is more amiable while picking the flavors.
- Not to mention the pretentious spelling of yogurt, R462.
- Ad for some insurance company called "The General". They use a cartoon character dressed in military uniform interacting as their "mascot". Their recent commercial has the cartoon salsa dancing at a party. One of the human females looks down at the cartoon and says "Ay Papi!" like he's the man of her dreams. So stupid.
- An ad where an Asia and/or Amerindian woman is stocking the freezer section when she coughs and some military officer appears out of nowhere, calls her a soldier and demands she use Halls cough drops.
- There's a new Activia ad that depicts how the product helps digestion. It shows a cartoon cross section of a stomach and intestines. The stomach is filled with little chunky looking things all grouped together. The liquidy Activia splashes into the stomach and the "chunks" loosen up and rush down into the intestines.
Too much information!
There's another one with various women saying it's time to get real - they want toilet paper that gives them "that clean feeling". Who doesn't!
- The commercial for Geico with the guy being followed by 3 teen girls, who show up and look on in disgust as he tries to eat various snacks. They stare at him and in turn say "ew, gross, seriously?".
- The stupid douchebag Siri ad with the idiot "Rock God" kid. And all the other Siri ads, while we're at it.
The screaming pig ads. Truth: the first one (the little pig going "whee whee whee" all the way home in the SUV) was funny. Every subsequent one is just shrill and annoying.
- The new McDonalds minty shake thing commercial says it all. What the frik??? Says that it should be ok to be emasculated! Right? Yeah, like it won't cause anyone to stray from a woman like that. Just once, I'd like to see a woman back me on this...
I'm 100% behind equal rights, but this crap has to stop, it is NOT getting better. Men? We must find OUR Oprah!
- I hate the car commercials (I think it's Ford) where they supposedly interview real people. So annoying.
- The Total Transformation course run by a husband & wife team who will teach "defiant, disrespectful" kids to behave themselves.
The wife looks like an owl & the husband looks like an ex-con quack/shyster/charlatan who should never be left alone with a young boy.
- The skittles advert with the all the men wearing dni AND
That silly Tomblerone commercial
- The Charter commercial with the "Kristin, you're such a good listener" song.
- The commercial where the boy is singing (and can't) " you are such a good listener" to his girl friend on the phone It has played at least 6 times in the last half hr. It is an Android commercial put on by Wal Mart I will quit shopping there if they don't get that stupid commercial off It is making me so nervous ewww!
- The one where the company seems to think that hiring people to act stupid and abnormally woiuld somehow convince me to buy their products.
"Flo" from Progressive is Stephanie Courtney, btw. I think she talks so fast becuase she's afraid some guy will hit on her if she shuts up for more than two seconds.
- Old PSA:
"If you have schizophrenia, you are not alone."
- The FreeCreditScore.com commercials with those stupid songs that try to sound cool.
- Truvia commercials are the worst. So is the "blueberry pa-AAAAAAAAAAAAAN-cakes" commercial. Thankfully, I haven't seen that one for a while.
- The NY PSA with the black man , hacking up his lungs, is back on again, it's as gross and annoying as "Mrs. Whitely, you have lung cancer".
I'd like to punch the ad agency assholes who came up with these horrid in-your-face ads.
As for the women in TV ads, it's clear whoever conjures up all these emasculating anti-men ads actually hate women, it's not the other way around.
I worked in advertising for many years, designing the print ads, there's a ton of men working in the field who hate women.
When you see a woman treating a man like crap in a commercial, it's because some misogynist with an axe to grind thought up that ad. It sounds convoluted, but it's true.
- In California we have the black man with the very labored and noisy breathing and another with a white woman in bed that is being turned over by her husband who is also having very labored breathing. I get it that that's the point of the anti-smoking ad, but it's starting to get on my last nerve.
- For all those who hate the "Call me Rock God" commercial, I give you this:
- All of those commercials with Ellen DeGeneres hawking JC Penney. She is so dry, low-key and unfunny -- it's painful.
- That Android ad with the chubby teen on the stairs talking to his girlfriend, which was already mentioned here, makes me want to take away his phone and step on it.
Ah, the joys of parenting in the age of electronic gadgets and a shitty economy! ALL these extra expenses past generations never had to deal with!
My cheapo parents would never have bought my siblings and I cell phones, that's for sure.
My siblings and I did have our 'own' phone, but it was merely an extension phone, in a spare guest room, which we used as needed.
Eventually the phone bills were too high and we lost the extension when we were in our late teens, which was exactly the time we really needed the phone!
- Here in LA they have been running ads for a Star Wars museum show that is driving me nuts. It just won't stop airing!
On the flip side, the Geico "Ew. Seriously? So gross..." commercial makes me LMAO.
- The *cough cough* tussin vaccine *wheeze* commercial. Because the safest place *cough* for your baby *wheeze* may not be in your arms. *wheeze*
- The most recent (I think) State Farm commercial when the guy is talkiing to a rep and the dialog is like, "can you give it to me?"; "yes, I can give it to you now", etc., etc. We GET it! A previous commercial with the "Jake from State Farm" dialogue was much funnier and made the point already.
- R491, I'm glad that "ew..." commercial makes you laugh your ass off; I, on the other hand, want to throw things at the TV and would like to see the teenage girls die slow and painful deaths (in a movie, of course!)
- 500 posts later and this thread proves that. . . .
WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU IDIOTS WATCHING COMMERCIAL TELEVISION?????
- R482, thank you for mentioning who the actress who plays "Flo" is. While I greatly admire (and envy!) her doubtless huge success$$ with all these commercials, I wonder if it will keep her from being cast as, really, anything else.
Cause I like her! and I could totally see her in "Whitney", playing Whitney's slightly older sister, for example. Or on some other sitcom; I could definitely see more of her.
- The commercial for - okay, now I forget the damn product! - where a yuppy-older-than that, actually woman is going on and on in a beyond-annoying voice about cornish game hens, everyone having "their own little chicken", blah, blah, and trying to get into a fancy car when her husband has to tell her they drive a station wagon.
Shoot. That.. fucking. bitch. now!
- ANY commercials with the word "colon" in them. ewwwww! while I'm eating?? HATE gross commercials.
- r.497, I think this is another Geico commercial. I know it's for insurance. Every time she says, "they have their own baby chicken on their own baby plate" and her going on about endive, I want to smack her.
- r497 and r499 that commercial is for some telephone/data plan. The tagline for all the ads is "The I saved so much I think [I'm a rap mogul; I can buy the crown jewels; etc] effect"
- Hi. I'm Jennifuh' Hudson and I use weight watchers because it works.
Wish you had learned to speak English in the language lab honey because you are not coming through. Houston, we have a problem... and it is a fat black ass who can not pronouce the English language.
That is why I have to lift my arm to reach the remote to hit mute every time I see her ugly mongloid face... just sayin..
- I don't like commercials that I know are going to go sailing over the heads of the audience. Like the burning pants (liar, liar pants on fire) in Progressive Ads.
- Match.com ads. Every time I hear a Match.com jingle start playing during commercial breaks I feel the fool. Maybe I'm sensitive for being suckered to join. Dating site ads annoy me. They are everywhere. The TV ads are almost as bad as the desperate guys Ive seen. Stop all the ads so I can forget I was such a sucker!
- Join Christianmingle.com. Find Gods match for you. I hate that commercial.
I love the Cartier commercial featuring leopard though.
- Giant lobsters hitting hungry people.
Pigs zipping by and talking.
Tigers refusing to holler.
Cheetahs jumping fences and attacking deluded humans.
Cartoon cheetahs (now the dancing construction man, on the other hand,...)
Over animal gimmicks
- The one with the sharks taste-testing people who've eaten candy bars. What sick fuck would even think of that and how many sick fucks approved it and produced it?
The Ford spots with customers being subjected to press conferences are all ridiculous but the most egregious one is the one with the plain chick with the long blond hair who seem to take it for granted that all of these reporters would be wanting her attention. Like she's some kind of star in her own mind.
- I hate most all commercials, but I am loving the Geigco commercial with the guy who hires the popular middle school girls to help him loose weight.
Ew...Seriously....That is so gross.
- The H&R Block commercial that takes place in a bike store. An ANNOYING female hipster in skinny jeans, jacket and backpack, is offered a free bike by the bearded slacker salesman in flannel shirt and wool cap. She PUSHES him and says "Shut-UP!" She saunters around the bike, he offers it for free again, and she repeats "Shut-UP!"
Horrible actress, awful commercial, because it took me forever to remember the product.
- There's nothing like AUSTRALIA.....There's nothing like AUSTRALIA.....There's nothing like AUSTRALIAAAAAAAAA.....THERES NOTHING LIKE ASSTRALI-YAH !!!!!!!
So FECKIN sick of THAT one
- Speaking of Australia, ANY commercial which features a person speaking in a stereotypical thick Aussie accent especially the one for Sunsweet dried plums (or figs or whatever they are)
- Whatever the commercial is for where the actors speak the lines to "Bohemian Rhapsody". It is so awkward.
- Mr. Sandman for Kia. Sick of the music, sick of the stupid imagery, sick of the boring "Supermodel," sick of the concept that people give a shit about Motley Crue.
- The one for Ikea where an Asian couple takes turns choosing glassware & stuff for parties.
The wife wears a sleeveless dress & has flabby upper arms. Doesn't she know that about herself? Didn't anyone notice it while filming the commercial? She'd look fine with sleeves, but she's a monstrosity without them.
Drives me crazy!
- Alissa Milano scolding us into giving 50 cents a day.
Reprimand - colored with a trembling passion and stiff lips - has replaced outright crying, after Laurie Metcalf bombed as a cryer.
- [quote]An ANNOYING female hipster in skinny jeans
ANYthing with a hipster in it should be set on fire.
But I still have eternal hate for Progressive Insurance's Flo, with her hair bump and kabuki makeup. Each subsequent commercial featuring her gets less and less funny.
- The Conoco Phillips ad featuring three smug college students debating the pros and cons of natural gas, as if they actually have a say in anything.
- Hate Hate the yogurt woman at the spelling bee. Swappertunity.
Also hate the Sloman Shield guy who watches his house on the computer while at work. He's just so self-satisfied I want to give him a wedgie and stuff him in one of his cubicle desk drawers.
- Aside from the beyond annoying, beyond over-played "Rock-God" commercial...
That stupid commercial, with the "Did you just check your phone?" / "What am I, a 'summoner' who can just SUMMON a game to his phone??"
Ugh. That too is grossly over-played.
And is anyone else getting annoyed at all the commericals with the "dumb guy, shrew girlfriend" scenario?
- SLOW MOTION FOOD. Why is it that so many commericals for food products have to show the food falling or bouncing in slow motion? Why do they think it will make you more likely to buy it? It's annoying mostly because it's so pervasive.
- Food in slow motion reminds me of bad early '80s porn. They would always do the cum shots in blurry slow motion.
- "Houston, we have a problem... and it is a fat black ass who can not pronouce the English language."
Oh, dear . . .
- Should there be a comma between "oh" and "dear"?
- R517 = Tony DiNozzo
- "Having triplets is SUCH a blessing!!"
Blah blah blah...inane inane inane...
"You suck at bowling!"
Chortle chortle, snicker snicker, guffaw guffaw.
Ewww...seriously? ....so fucking totally gross!
I hope somewhere in 500+ posts someone has expressed a visceral hatred for the Liberty Mutual Insurance commercial where everyone is doing some trivial good deed, which some bystander observers and becomes totally overwhelmed by The Great Warm and Fuzzy. Then he or she in turn does some equally minor deed... Everyone except for the blind woman. She just waits around for everyone to do things for her.
- "... when you're up for anything, you go to a Turkish Bath house! When you go to a Turkish Bath House, you meet Charlie Sheen!"
- The Cottonelle "Respect the Roll" campaign is getting even more obnoxious. First-world problems indeed!
- "The Cottonelle "Respect the Roll" campaign is getting even more obnoxious. First-world problems indeed!"
Even worse is that Cottonelle had offered FREE toilet roll covers LAST Fall through their silly TV commercials. Cottonelle have yet to honor their fucking offers. Now they are offering the rolls for a charge and UPC codes.
The FREE holders campaign did ask for UPC codes, then, the company never honored their Free Offer, a ton of consumers never received the covers.
- [quote]The H&R Block commercial that takes place in a bike store. An ANNOYING female hipster in skinny jeans, jacket and backpack, is offered a free bike by the bearded slacker salesman in flannel shirt and wool cap. She PUSHES him and says "Shut-UP!" She saunters around the bike, he offers it for free again, and she repeats "Shut-UP!" Horrible actress.
It's not an actress. It's a hidden camera situation.
- [quote]The one with the sharks taste-testing people who've eaten candy bars. What sick fuck would even think of that and how many sick fucks approved it and produced it?
This commercial makes me sick. So the Snickers company is murdering teens just to do market research. Do they have no respect for human life?
- [quote]The most recent (I think) State Farm commercial when the guy is talkiing to a rep and the dialog is like, "can you give it to me?"; "yes, I can give it to you now", etc., etc. We GET it! A previous commercial with the "Jake from State Farm" dialogue was much funnier and made the point already.
Actually you don't GET it at all. A previous commercial did not make the point already. You're just talking out of your ass and it's embarrassing. In this commercial, they were both reciting lyrics to a song and then said that they shared a [name of band] moment. Then they started talking about the 1983 concert from that band. It was NOTHING like the other commercial where the premise was that the wife thought the husband was talking to a mistress.
- Name of band - Journey
Stephanie "Flo" Courtney is forty years old, has been in Mad Men, and has done a lot of stage work.
As for how much she makes, I think it's $104 per market every time the commercial airs. In other words, about $3 zillion a year.
I don't think she's worried about other work. Commercials are among the most lucrative of all acting gigs at that level.
- The BDO (a/k/a BDO Seidman I believe) commercials where businesspeople act like "knowing BDO" makes them hip or cool.
I'm sure they do fine work, but they're not fucking Apple.
- The Hulu ads with Will Arnett. I never liked him - he's creepy looking.
- Well, most of them... as virtually any negative character in a commercial is: White, Male or the father. The damned dancing ad you're all face-farting about - of course the dumbass is the white guy. Moms are all super smart, as are their little shits - uh - kids. The clumsy, dumbass, insulting, angry, embarrassing characters are white males. They are also the weenies, shown to cower as their boss-bitch wife PWNS them in front of store clerks, usually females, with that fucking "Poor stupid male asshole" look on their face. Just loving the ad where the three...WHITE assholes play with their smartphones (the ad itself makes you want to kill someone), but of course the sensible black female co-worker looks on, baffled. And well just fuck you SWIFFER for your ads where ONLY white people are the DUST and DIRT to be cleaned up. Check the Kraft Mac & Cheese ads on YouTube - the dads are all white thieving bastards, STEALING their kids' food. And check out on YouTube: "Mac and Cheese - Father and Son" - Shows a dad having a great day with his son and being treated with respect by his wife. GUESS what race the family is? Fuck You Kraft. And O...M...G... how can so many white actors sell-out to portray their own race this way? You must be so proud of your work. Fucking whores.
- [quote]The Hulu ads with Will Arnett. I never liked him - he's creepy looking.
Well, since he plays an outer space alien in the commercial, this works out very well for you.
- OK I guess this thread is over now....
- r536, you'll get complaints. They racial obsessives here don't like it when the agendas they support get pointed out.
The will SQEEEEAAL!
- "It's not an actress. It's a hidden camera situation."
You honestly BELIEVE it's a hidden camera and not a real commercial with an actress and an actor?! I feel sorry for you.
It's a commercial meant to LOOK like a hidden camera situation.
There is NO reality in TV any longer, there are very few shows like "Candid Camera" anymore. Even the Animal Planet documentary shows are scripted somewhat.
So called reality shows are scripted or are you not aware of that either?!
- R524, it's even worse...
"You suck at FOLDING" (not "bowling").
Followed by peals of fake laughter at something not funny. Fake hetero baby humor, ugh. Aren't we the perfect couple?
- [quote]I'm sure they do fine work, but they're not fucking Apple.
Well, I would certainly hope not!
- For those who hate the commercial where everyone pulls out their tablets/pads and makes fun of the guy with the pencil, I teach college classes. The other day, I was talking through the schedule for the next couple of weeks. While I went through the schedule, everyone is furiously inputting the info in their electronic calendars and one of my students is writing it down with pen and paper. All the students using their electronic devices kept asking me: what did you say was happening the week of the 26th, I missed what you said about this day, etc. Meanwhile, the student who was using the pen, just looked at me and smiled because he was able to write it all down when I said it, while everyone else was furiously trying to input it and not getting it correct.
- The Malibu recovery program. It looks like the country club of recovery programs and they knock AA in the commercials. AA is been responsible for many millions of recovering people without ever spending a penny on tv commercials.
- AA is also a very tacky religious cult.
- There's a Kotex commercial with a female "comic" who talks about tampon commercials and the feminine hygiene "wizards", all leading up to how Kotex uses natural supplies. It follows a long line of television ads where the person is supposed to be funny, usually telling jokes in front of a cabaret backdrop, but isn't.
- I'm going to kill the next person that says Depot time. Especially if said with a head tilt.
- 1) The one for Eddie Murphy's new movie. I hate when the blind guy says "white people is so nice". Jeeze, it's 2012 - why the Sambo act? (I'm black, FYI)
2) The one with the mother and daughter having a tea party. The mother says something about the heads being bitten off the cookies. I wanna smack the whiny kid when she says "Sharky!" It's just tedious.
- The one (for a cruise line?) with the couple reminiscing about a past vacation. They show a flashback to them trapped in a car, screaming, with a bear and a cougar outside.
- The fucking Target commercial with the brightly dressed cracked out people dancing to 'Alouette'.
- [quote]I wanna smack the whiny kid when she says "Sharky!" It's just tedious.
Do you even know what "tedious" means?
- "There's a Kotex commercial with a female "comic" who talks about tampon commercials and the feminine hygiene "wizards", all leading up to how Kotex uses natural supplies. It follows a long line of television ads where the person is supposed to be funny, usually telling jokes in front of a cabaret backdrop, but isn't."
I always thought the annoying blond in that Kotex ad was the same annoying brunette whining about needing jeans in the eBay commercial. is it?
The eBay commercial is the one where the mom offers her daughter some ugly 'mom jeans' from her "jean bin", then the whiny daughter tells her mom she already bought the jeans she wanted on eBay. I want to strangle that woman.
If it's not the same women, it sure SOUNDS and LOOKS like her. I thought it was the Kotex blond in a brunette wig.
- "The one (for a cruise line?) with the couple reminiscing about a past vacation. They show a flashback to them trapped in a car, screaming, with a bear and a cougar outside."
That woman screaming sure is fugly, she reminds me of a super ugly Aida Turturro.
It seems these days ad agencies go out of their way to hire unattractive, dull looking people. As she was screaming, I was almost rooting for the bear break the car's window and rip her head off.
It's ANOTHER super annoying TV ad featuiring people screaming. At least those horrid JC Penney screaming ads are over with.
- Ebay "Mom Jeans" ad
- Kotex "Numbers" ad
- The ugly lady in the auto shop with her extra head in her hair singing??? creepy
- Ugh, you can't post youtu.be videos!!
- This bullshit...
- Any commercial with the word Geico or Aflac in it. The Tostino pizza roll commercial with the brain dead teen complaining to his Mommy that he is dying and can't even find the Pizza Rolls when they are in his vacant face. God I hate that kid.
- WHAT'S a yakiSOBA???
- R559 I agree with you so much about the Totino's ad. I want to smack those useless kids. Let 'em starve if they can't even find/fix a snack.
- Kenmore refrigerators
"Carry on, you gazers, you grazers, you thieves ..."
- The WalMart commercial where the guy teaches the yokel about the store's low-price guarantee. I hate the guy, I hate the yokel, and I hate the concept.
"What did you learn today?"
"Every dollar counts and now I can bring back more to mah fambly!"
HATE them both
- The fat black lady that wants to buy my gold.
ANY commercial that starts with "THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO ....."
- ANY late night TV ad which goes on about "working from home". I feel bad for the individuals who are suckered in by these scams.
I work from home, I freelance for friend's legit business. Rest assured, these work-from-home scams usually involve someone purchasing a shit-load of useless junk from some company who had their crappy items made in China.
Then your wonderful work-from-home job is to try selling the overpriced junk you bought. The only people getting rich are the companies who scammed people into these schemes.
- I hate the new screaming Great America commercial where the whole family is screaming at the breakfast table and the mom says the dad screams like a girl. The whole family is so awkward.
The chick is weird but that's not what bothers me. It's when she tells us that psyllium fiber gels to remove "unsexy waste." NASTY
I can't find the commercial where she says that, but attached is another with her talking (which irritates me).
- This plays in my area all the time. You find yourself yelling, "Applance Direct!" unconsciously.
- R548, I cannot stand that "Sharky!" commercial! I mute it whenever it comes on which seems to be every 10 minutes.
- This one.
Still playing in my head
- The commercials with the quirky-voiced girl singing ever so slightly under pitch about some crystallized sugar substitute.
You know it has to be that ukulele girl who's been shoved down our throats in "Scrubs", "Raising Hope", and countless other commercials.
And the shit looks like crystal meth
- I found myself humming "Do the Potty Dance" this morning in the shower.
- The creepy ads with the guy dressed like a blacksmith, screaming about "liquid gold". Please, it's fake cheese sauce.
- THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!! THE HOPPER!!
I fucking hate that commercial.
- Definitely, the Yoplait Swapportunity advertisement comes to mind right off the bat. The actress looks like a big, ugly witch, eating during the spelling bee. It's terribly inappropriate. As usual, destroying the English language seems okay to these morons. There is no problem whatsoever with making up silly words that do not exist. Most of all, I hate it because she makes a child uncomfortable, as if kids don't have enough stress, what with bullying and the wide range of troubles they have to suffer when growing up! Yoplait, please take it off!
- In addition to the Turkish bath Charlie Sheen ad, there is now yet another Charlie Sheen ad for something in heavy rotation. I don't know what the product is because I change the channel as soon as I see it coming. Does anyone really want to see this disgusting person on their TV screens ever again?
- Those fucking annoying "Sun Drop" commercials are way up there on the list of commercials I'm hating right now.
Don't know if it's just on the east coast but the strangely addicting ad for Liberty Medical where they're selling catheters for women and they interview Julie who talks like she's on crystal meth ("Everybody's gonna want one"). Hate it, but can't stop watching it.
- R574 - the absolute worst
- This is local to NY/NJ - there's a commercial for a live show for something called "Phinneas and Ferb". It features people dressed in big character heads singing, dancing, jumping, somersaulting, using excessively broad exaggerated movements in front of a constantly changing backdrop.
The "actors" never stop moving - I guess they believe that kids will get bored if there's no action. The ad could induce a seizure I get irrationally angry every time this ad runs.
- Here in Canada we have a Juicy Fruit commercial with three annoying douchebags in a life raft. I challenge anyone to watch that piece of shit without wanting to punch newborns and baby kittens.
- [quote] The Hulu ads with Will Arnett. I never liked him - he's creepy looking.
I HATE Will Arnett and his sloppy-assed wife who looks like the deadly Doll With Teeth from India in an old Night Gallery episode.
- Yikes, isn't that Estelle Costanza?
- Color photo of Amy Poehler
- The Kotex comedienne ad was mentioned earlier but today I happened to catch the ad and it appears as if it was recut. They removed some of the woman's witty comments including the one about the tampon wizards. Hmmmm, I wonder is marketing execs read DL...
- I'd like a strooberry bawnawnaw smoooothee
I have several commercials I don't like, but Angie's List pisses me off for this:
"Businesses don't pay to be on Angie's List, so you knmow you can trust their reviews!"
Maybe the reviews are good, but is it really that difficult to pay someone to write fake reviews, without Angie's List even konwing?
- [quote]The Tostino pizza roll commercial with the brain dead teen complaining to his Mommy that he is dying and can't even find the Pizza Rolls when they are in his vacant face. God I hate that kid.
You know those two were going to jack off together on chatroulette after they ate.
- The commercials for 1-800-Ask-Gary. Their spokesperson actually pronounces it "aks" Gary. You really, REALLY think that they would've noticed that.
- The know-it all brats in a college auditorium lecture upfront spouting oil-natural gas company propaganda. ACTUALLY the oil-natural gas people are evil fuckwads who are doing everything they can to raise prices and suppress production.
- The one with the skinny red head running across the country to her boyfriend who is an incompetent klutz...Awful stereotypes and what in the hell is Ms. Perfect doing with this guy? The whole juxtaposision of the irritating perfect female and the sloppy doltz of a guy is just too, too much...plus, I have no idea what they are selling...a shoe?
- EVERY car commercial with the guy at the end mumbling a bunch of legal stuff as quitely as he can
"tax tax 5 9 something something insurance blah blah must apply for lasdfajdflajdagjlg loan something something"
i have no clue what hes saying but it drives me insane
- Anything with "pet parents". I've had dogs, cars and other pets both when I was child living with my parents and as an adult but I was never a pet parent.
- 1) Jane Krakowski shilling for Tropicana OJ, where she stands on an apartment balcony singing while her roommates/friends watch. SHOOT HER!
2) The ads where the people speak/sing "Bohemian Rhapsody". What are they selling anyway? I always turn the channel before I see what the product is.
- R574, I love yoU!; I want to join you in a protest march at the corporate HQ of that company or whatever - HATE! HATE! HATE! THE FUCKING HOPPER!
- The NEVER-ENDING amount of commercials - late-night tv and the Game Show Network (yes, I have no life), especially: for hair remover products. Gross, annoying, and probably a bunch of shit; this is what electrolysis (very expensive, yes) is for, ideally.
- Agree with 594: what the FUCK was Krakowski thinking? Annoying enough on 30 Rock; BEYOND annoying in this stupid commercial. (and I like OJ!)
Not only do I find that ad annoying, but the characters creep me out. They look like something out of Tim Burton's Beetlejuice.
- I HATE THAT PROTOTYPE 2 COMERCIAL its so cheezy that it gives gamers a bad image -.-
- The Life Alert ad - it shows 4-5 different older women saying how the service saved their lives. One woman has a oxygen cannula on her face and states "I'm willing to give up bread, beer, wine or soda, but I won't give up my Life Alert".
What a stupid statement.