- Jonny Quest.
- Jim Nabors
The young man who played "Billy" on "Shazam"!\
Ooooohh! Early 1970''s twinkage, but delish never the less!\
And Butch Patrick ( aka Eddie Munster) in "Lidsville" !
They just don''t make twinks like they used to
- David Cassidy
- Jan-Michael Vincent (Danger Island)
"Jan-Michael Vincent (Danger Island)''\
UH--OH! CHONGO! EEEEEEEEEYYAAAAA!
- Tony Dow but he looks like his "Dow" plunged many years ago.
Mr. Moony from "The Lucy Show"
- R3, Michael Gray played Billy Batson. He was a cutie.
- I''ll take Johnny Crawford from the Rifleman. When I was a kid, I wanted him to be my boyfriend.
- Luke...oh Luke....i used to rub myself constantly watching Flipper....until Bud hit the screen. What a boner killer!
- I don''t think of guys from that era being ''twinks.''%0D\
Not sure why; maybe because twinks know that they''re twinks and these ones did''t.%0D\
I think Jan-Michael Vincent was too muscular to be a twink in Danger Island.%0D\
Right now I''m going with Jonny Quest.%0D\
We all should have had a Race Bannon in our lives.%0D
- Johnny Crawford gets bonus points for doing nudity in some 70s movies but no one could hold a candle to Tony Dow at the time.
- Tony Dow''s ass (and seeing a picture of him in a speedo) made me realize I was gay! What a sexy dude he was!
- Whatever happened to Tim Considine? Wasn''t he on My Three Sons also? he was a pretty hot guy back in the day.
- I voted for Tim Considine - he was just the total manly boy one would have liked to be. And have. But then, looking at all the votes for Tony Dow, yeah, I see that too. Those belt-in-the-back pants were sexy, called attention to the butt, and Tony had Such A Fine One. Tim was a take-charge guy, but Tony had the bit of vulnerability that was so charming. Ah, the thoughts I kept tightly to my so-careful self in those days.
- [quote]I''ll take Johnny Crawford from the Rifleman. When I was a kid, I wanted him to be my boyfriend.\
He gave Chuck Connors wood too!
- Sadly you can''t zoom but here''s Johnny Crawford in the altogether.
- R18 you need an iPhone. Zoom works fine. Although the end result was disappointing.
- Tony Dow? Really? What was so sexy about Tony Dow?
- I don''t know r20, but it was Tony Dow for me too. Totally made me realize I liked looking at boys and not girls....
- Don Grady from My 3 Sons. God, what an ass.
- This is the reason I voted for Tony Dow...tight-ass muthafucka...
- Burt Ward.\
Tony Dow looked semi-retarded.
- Yes to what R23 said. Don Grady!!
- In Burt Ward''s book he discusses terrifying the wardrobe staff on Batman the year his dick got so big. They didn''t know how they were going to conceal it. Probably a story to color up the book, but it made me hot.
- There is no such thing as a "hot twink".
- Please. Tommy Kirk was more attractive than Jack Wild.\
And Tommy was gay...\
Big oversight OP
- I second that about Tommy Kirk. I knew I was gay little gay in training watching shirtless Tommy in SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON and watchin him on TV as one of the Hardy Boys. I believe he was my first fantasy boyfriend..%0D\
then I saw Fabian in HIGH TIME!
- Definitely Don Grady (Johnny Crawford a close second).
- Tony Dow had great hair.%0D\
I actually had a crush on Billy Mumy from Lost in Space when I was a little kid.
- "In Burt Ward''s book he discusses terrifying the wardrobe staff on Batman the year his dick got so big. They didn''t know how they were going to conceal it. Probably a story to color up the book, but it made me hot."\
That is a hot story, but considering how Burt Ward had already reached his sexual maturity by the time BATMAN began, I very much doubt it''s true. (Not to mention the fact that the show didn''t run that long.) If there was any problem concealing his dick, that problem would have existed from the beginning.\
Hot as these stories may be, to me they always smack of desperation on the part of the stars and/or their publicists. Remember how this was supposedly an issue with Brandon Routh when he played Superman? For that matter, does anyone remember Brandon Routh?
- Were any of these slutty twinks?
- In the last few season of "Leave it to Beaver," Tony Dow was featured in as many episodes as Jerry Mathers. %0D\
So he must have had as many female fans as male fans.
- In the final seasons of "Leave It To Beaver" Jerry Mathers got so ugly they''d probably do stories about Fred Rutherford''s favorite gloryholes if it meant less screen time for Beaver.
- Peter Brown from "Lawman" -
- Peter Brown showed his hot ass and dick in a Oui Magazine spread.November, 1974.%0D\
"Peter Brown Goes Down with the Ships"
- Tony Dow looks like young Vicki Lawrence.
- Let''s hope someone''s got some pics R38.
- I''ve got the magazine R40.. he''s hot. Or at least he was hot. It was 1974 after all....
- I''m not normally attracted to hairy chested men, but Ricky Nelson was absolutely gorgeous.
- Wesley Eure
- I love this video of Ricky from August of 1985. He was killed on New Year''s Eve that same year in a plane crash.
- fond memories of these early boy-crushes.%0D\
another fave from those days... they guy who played Dobie Gillis, Dwayne Hickman.%0D
- Hey! I didn''t know that Don Grady was a choice here! I''m chnaging my vote to Don Grady, the sexiest teen boy around!! Why wasn''t he in more stuff? Both he and Tim Considine were hot, but Don was the sexiest mf of all!
- Don Grady did a regional production of PIPPIN with Alyson Reed here in 1979. He was shirtless for some of it... swoon! So much better eye candy than original Broadway Pippin John Rubenstein.
- Tony Dow was hot as hell. There were rumors that he had his dick sucked by a guy more than once....damn
- I have heard rumors that Rick Nelson had a larger than normal dick....Anyone know if that was true?%0D\
(He was sexier as a teen heartthrob than as an adult, I think.)
- R31 called it. And Peter Brown, while pretty, was a really nasty, homophobic guy.
- I voted for Tony as well, but Luke Halpin and Billy Mumy and Billy Gray (Father Knows Best) were pretty cute too.
- Tony Dow had exceptionally beautiful eyes, in addition to his totally edible ass.
- Actually Richard (Dick) Crenna when he was teenaged Chester Conklin on Our Miss Brooks was awfully hot.
- Dobie Gillis was a hottie.
- Hey what about the guy who played Patty Duke''s (Patty Lane''s) boyfriend on the Patty Duke show?\
He was hawt in a dorky way.
- Kristy McNichol, in Family.
- The late Ted Bessell, R55? He died in 1996 at age 61 from an aortic aneurysm. I think that''s what also killed John Ritter.
- Ted Bessell played Donald Hollinger on That Girl. He was Marlo Thomas''s boyfriend and too old to be a twink.
- Eddie Applegate plays Patty''s boyfriend.
- I had to look up who Spin and Marty are/were. Nothing too exciting about their looks, I''m not surprised they don''t have any mention here in the comments.
- Robert Conrad
- He is the epitome of "twink."
- Robert Conrad would punch your face so hard for calling him a twink. Robert Conrad was hardly a twink.\
His sons, the other hand...
- Oh R60 say it ain''t so. 1955-6-7, just the time the first baby-boomers were having stirrings, here comes a serial on a BOYS RANCH ferchristsakes. Funny, looking at the picture of Spin in the Wikipedia article, he''s a skinny little kid! Sure warn''t in 1955. As for Marty, wow the ultimate in not-hotness. I personally had a bit of a crush on Ambitious, who tended to stay in his bunk and "read" (uh-huh.)
- Another vote for Wesley Eure!\
Between Land of the Lost and Days of Our Lives, he was on my TV set six days a week!\
Plus he''s gay in real life!
- WEHT Wesley Morgan, Junior on "The Life of Riley?"
- I could never have told you the name of the actor who played Junior on The Life of Riley, but YES he was hottie! Wish I could find a photo to prove it.
- Paul Peterson, bitches!!!!
- Paul Peterson was gorgeous!
- How "vintage" is vintage?\
Because the 70s were full of twinks.\
Shawn Cassidy, Leif Garrett, Ike Eisenman, Lance Kerwin...
- Peter Brown was not a twink, hardly. I found him in Larado.%0D\
Ricky Nelson, yessss and that dreamy voice and laconic delivery... he made my little self melt. Still does, only not little any more and I don''t melt. Something different happens.
- Another vote for Don Grady from My Three Sons.
- I always liked how Robbie Douglas'' pants would hug his tight chunky ass. Thank god that fitted pants were the norm during Don Grady''s young adulthood.
- ...I can still see Robbie coming through the front door (the old house with the traditional front door and entry) with a short sleeve plaid shirt on, tight pants that were a bit too short, and a stack of schoolbooks under his arm....\
Perhaps not vintage enough, but I loved Peter Barton in "The Powers of Matthew Star" and later as Scotty Grainger on "The Young and the Restless". Beautiful face.
- Yeah I don''t think you can call Robert Conrad a twink. A hunk, or a pretty boy, yes, but a twink... twinks aren''t stars of action series in which they take on and defeat armies of thugs... unless, of course, they''re Batman''s lover...
- Would Jack Larson as Jimmy Olsen count?
Noel Neil Nuel
- Little Ricky
- More about ''cute ass and cock in 1974'' Peter Brown''s homophobic attitude. Proof?
- As a kid they ran all these shows in reruns and syndication on local affiliates or cable. I had a huge crush on Billy Mumy in the increasingly tight outfits they put him in on Lost In Space. And Tony Dow made me feel funny.\
Ike Eisenmann as Christopher Lee''s shirtless slave in one of the Witch Mountains was also jo fodder when I was 12 or 13.
- I remember Ike Eisenmann. I wouldn''t say he was cute necessarily, but I can see his appeal. Here''s his IMDB page. He''ll be 50 next year.
- DON GRADY wins! Sexy hot!
Oh, my...."Shazam"! Now THERE was an odd show! A pretty young man traveling around the country in a camper with an older man! Then young pretty boy turned into Captain Marvel, who was a rather chubby dude in a form fitting leotard!\
I used to play "Mighty Isis." I would put on my mom''s Cher wig, spin around and chant "Oh, Mighy Isis!" NTTAWWT !
Some Boi and a Daddy In a Camper
- The first Captain Marvel (Jackson Bostwick) was handsome, in shape, well-cast. Then he was fired 2 episodes into the second season and recast with a fat blob.
My, my MY! Aren''t we fabulous? SHAZAM! Check out THIS uber cheesy pic!
- If we''re going to include the 70s, Vincent Van Patten was one of the best twinks of that decade.
- Vince as the Bionic Boy on THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN!
- Wasn''t Robert Conrad about 5''2" or 5''3"? I would consider that twinkish. Right? I used to live across the street from him and his lawn mover was bigger that him.
- bump for more hot Don Grady shirtless pics.
- Bobby Conrad was about 5''7" -- and wore three inch heels. You''re thinking of Robert Blake, who was 5''2".\
I once had dinner with Bob. I''m just under 6 feet, and with his high heels and 2 inch fancy pompadour hair, we were about the same size.
- Well Richard Crenna played Walter Denton on OUR MISS BROOKS, not Chester Conklin....not that it matters.\
I met Tim Considine recently...very short....compact....moustache. Nice looking older guy, but if he hadn''t been pointed out to me, I wouldn''t have recognized him.
- Then who played Chester Conklin and what show was he on?
The addle-pated poster upthread
- Wasn''t Chester Conklin the principal in Our Miss Brooks? And wasn''t he played by Gale Gordon (?) who also played the Lucy''s boss on the Lucy Show? Richard Crenna played the teenage boy on Our Miss Brooks, as well as a hundred other roles, notably as Luke on The Real McCoys.
- Mark Goddard, as Major Donald West, on LOST IN SPACE...%0D\
What a tight ass he showed in his 1st season Silver Nomex Spacesuit
Eros In Orbit
- Robert Conrad was one of the most beautiful studs I had ever seen. I watch the reruns of Wild, Wild West on Retro TV and his good looks are just incredibly magnetic. However, he is one messed up individual who has major psychological issues about his sexuality. Uh? he was a friend of Robert Wagner''s, hum? Hello! He can%E2%80%99t accept he is gay. I have heard he was really rough with his sons always pushing that macho BS on them and giving them a bad time. %0D\
Is Ike Eisenmann Gay? He was married a short time and then got a divorce. He has no children. %0D\
Is Johnny Crawford gay? I read he fairy recently married his high school sweet heart? and then got a divorce no long after. He never had children either. I read he owns a band, and travels around the country playing Big Band music from of the 30%E2%80%99s and 40%E2%80%99s. %0D\
Check out the link.A picture can say a lot! %0D
- Another picture of major stud Robert Conrad.
- OOps! her is the link for studzila Robert Conrad!
- Mama Mia! Here is Conrad in color!
- Little Rickie was hot.
- Just watched Harper on TMC starring Paul Newman (stunning as usual), and Robert Wagner is in the film as a young pilot. HE was breath-taking. They show him in a bathing suit. Not quite the ass I was hoping for (nice but not quite plump enough), but he had beautiful thighs and a great chest, esp. for that era.
- R99 Wagner in the 50''s was truly a thing of beauty. Didn''t HARPER come out in the 60''s or early 70''s?
- Harper was 1966 (had the feel of an early ''70s movie, though). While my use of the word "young" was probably a bit off, he was absolutely beautiful in the film. It just reminded me what a gorgeous twink he was when he was younger.
- Anyone rem Mark Slade
- I feel dirty for saying this, but....%0D\
Look at Tim Considine now at 70! Damn, he looks adorable. I''m half his age and think he still is cute.
35 year old that LOVED M3S as a kid.
- Tony Dow was real cute; I watched the show as a young kid and there was always something I liked about him..duh. But, I just saw ''Sunrise at Campobello'' (sp?) on AMC and Tim Considine played FDR''s son, James. Damn he was so cute, too! Looked the typical blond surfer kid. I had to google him. Don''t remember his other roles, though.
- Tim Considine was a major Disney boy ingenue playing Spin on Spin and Marty and Frank Hardy on their version of The Hardy Boys. He also appeared opposite Annette Funicello in the mini-series Disney did called Annette. These shows were all originally part of The Mickey Mouse Club.
- I wonder if Tommy Kirk ever got it on with Considine (or tried to).
- Luke Halpin was smoking hot!
But this queen's obsession is frightening.
Check out the "body parts" gallery at the bottom.
- When I was a kid I had a huge crush on Eric Scott, the twinky ginge who played Ben on [italic]The Waltons.[/italic] He aged into a rugged daddy.
- After "Leave It To Beaver" wrapped in 1963, Tony Dow did some guest stints in several other shows, including "Lassie" and five episodes of the teacher/student show "Mr. Novak." Seeing how popular he was with teenage girls (and gay boys, perhaps), they put him in a 1966 pilot called "Weekend" about a group of young people living in a beach house. Dow spent almost all of his screen time in just a bathing suit! Unfortunately, the pilot did not sell. Not even mentioned on his IMDB, except as a trivia note.
Where did I get this from? The name of the book is QUEERING TEEN CULTURE: ALL-AMERICAN BOYS AND SAME-SEX DESIRE IN FILM AND TELEVISION
by Jeffrey P. Dennis. A really interesting read about how Hollywood knew how popular their stars were with gays. The book's original 2006 publisher is out of business, and it is being reprinted at a price about four times what it sold for originally (Paperback is like $50!) Some libraries might have it.
- Conrad is the hottest of all the TV twinks. Always taking off his shirt, flexing his muscles, wearing skin tight clothes. But at R94 says, he was a hot mess. Just not a tranny.
- It's interesting to read that Tony Dow wins the poll by a big margin as the hottest vintage TV twink. He truly was. When the Leave It To Beaver series started in 1957 Tony was twelve. Shirtless photos of him at the time show even at that young age he had a very chiseled muscular body. Obviously a high testosterone level. By the time the series ended in 1963 he had grown and filled out into an eighteen year old man. He was a knockout. Very thick wavy hair and a boyish face with beautiful blue eyes. A great body with a thick neck, chiseled pecs. biceps that bulged even at rest, washboard abs, and a bubble butt. In 1965 he was in a short lived television soap opera called "Never to Young" He appeared most of the time with an open shirt or jacket or shirtless of course. There are some segments of this series on YouTube. In segment #4 at 2:06 you can see him showing off his pecs and abs to a young gal. Definitely a man who should be cloned.
- Lance Kerwin was pretty hot.
- If you love Paul Peterson, check out the newly minted Donna Reed - The Lost Episodes on DVD!
Besides 39 vintage (1961-62)and beautifully restored episodes, including those with Paul singing She Can't Find Her Keys!, Shelley Fabares singing Johnny Angel and guest star Jimmy Darren singing Goodbye Cruel World!, the bonus extras show a remarkably sincere filmed conversation with Paul and Shelley reminiscing about the old days. They talk about Tim Considine and a bio he has been writing which will honestly tell his full story. Can't wait for that!
And you also get Carl Betz and his ultra muscular and hairy forearms as Dr. Alex Stone in 39 episodes!!!!!!! Now that's a bonus.
- I voted for Ricky Nelson but wish "Bud" from Father Knows Best was there. Loved him . .
- As a guy 70 my first love was for tony dow , what a manley twink he still drives me wild in his early photos
- [quote][Mr. Moony from "The Lucy Show"
Lucie Arnaz said Desi Jr was always so uncomfortable around him, and that he was probably doing something he shouldn't.
Which meant drugs or sex. And then she says, "Gale Gordon was always and I mean ALWAYS sober"
So you know what that means.
- How can anyone think that Robert Conrad was a twink? Tony Dow and Luke Halpin were twinks. Conrad was a fully-grown man.
- OMG, R107. That site is kinda hot but ridiculous at the same time! Luke get my vote.
- I don't remember the season of Flipper that I was watching, but Sandy lifted his arm and we saw hair for the first time. I was in heaven.
- Warren Beatty on Dobie Gillis! He was so HOT then!!!
- Damn, time can be cruel. Oh Tony, what happened?
- Robert Conrad wasn't ever a vintage TV twink. He was born in 1929 and was 30 years old when he started in TV in the Hawaiian Eye series. He was 36 when he started on Wild Wild West. His bio has always listed him as being born in 1935 but his drunk drving trail showed his birthdate to be 1929.
- Billy Mumy pre-'Lost in Space', Ronny Howard until the color episodes of 'Andy Griffith', Little Ricky on 'I Love Lucy'.
- That sexy kid from 'Hazel' was pretty hot during the first couple of seasons.
- R42 (which I know was posted almost a year ago), Ricky wasn't just a hairy chested man... in that video he was 17.
- Tony Dow
- Tony Dow was a competitive diver, wasn't he, which would account for the tight body?
Jerry Mathers did not get bad looking until he was an adult. Then the dam burst.
The Nelson boys were my faves. Ricky was so pretty but David was pretty hot himself.
All this talk of Don Grady, and no pics? Shame on y'all. See link.
- Tony dow i grew up watching and he is the hottest young guy that i still love to see his early pictures heeee wwas hhhhoooottt
- tony dow all the waaayyy
- Tony Dow looks like he's still packing -
- Tony Dow was all that that i ever wanted
- Robbie Douglas
- Tony Dow with out a doubt.
- When Tony got to be about 15 he was the hottest guy i have ever seen
- Tony Dow was the hottest guy when he was YOUNG
- I'm surprised the didn't have Tony Dow in some shirtless scenes during the final season of Beaver in 1962-1963. His body was amazing at age 18. You could tell he was solid muscle even with his shirt on. The last episode was "Family Scrapbook" which aired June 20, 1963.
- The older son who never wore a shirt in Flipper.
- My brother is on that list but I cast my vote for a brunette. Haha.
- Just saw Paul Peterson in "The Happiest Millionaire"...damn sexy fucker.
- Who's your brother, r139?
- Billy Mumy in those tight Lost In Space outfits still turns me on! I'd love to have eaten that ass!
- everydAY when beaver came on it was my bands break time they never knew it but i was so in love with wally those muscles omg i love the whole package even now. love ya guy............
- [R143] Tony Dow was amazing. He had a nice body as a 12 year old when "Leave It To Beaver" started in 1957. By the time the series ended in 1963 and at age 18 he was solid muscle. Even with a shirt on you could tell he was ripped. His thick muscular neck and big arms looked great. I wonder if the sensors didn't allow him to be shirtless in any of those last episodes. Too sexy.
- Ricky Nelson, toward the end of "Ozzie and Harriet" ..... Damn he had some nice hairy arms!!
- I could easily see Jay North in a William Higgins production.
- Rubin Kinkaid seemed like he was secretly producing child pornography with Chris and Tracy Partridge behind Shirley's back.
- I just voted for Ricky Nelson, but I hardly think of him as a twink.
- Ronny Burns was a dreamboat.
- Ross (the brother) and Richard (the boyfriend) were a cute down-low couple on The Patty Duke Show.
- r144, my sensors were in overdrive watching him, but the network censors were too busy making Robin wear two jockstraps to keep his bulge down.
- OP, you are an idiot. There were no TVs then, only those odd black and white picture box things.
- Richard Crenna was no twink on Our Miss Brooks. He was 28 playing a high school student.
- I've had a crush on Tony Dow for most of my life, but Ken Osmond/Eddie Haskell wasn't bad either. He certainly aged better...he's a silver fox now!
- Don't make me bitch-slap you, R153!
- Is it true that Rick Nelson was hung large?? I've heard this over the years. He certainly was a sexy fucker.
- You know, if Tony Dow had a decent modern haircut in r122's photo, he'd still look damn good. He's got great skin considering he's well into his 60s.
And he'd look sensational if he was 20 lbs. lighter. Great hair and teeth!
- When Rick Nelson was in his late teens and early twenties he grew into one hell of a well built, handsome man. The thick black hair on his arms and chest was sexy as hell, that combined with his handsome face and big muscles made for male perfection.
- Rick Nelson's puberty gave The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet an unexpected shot in the arm and about ten more years' worth of episodes.
Just as the show was losing any sense of relevance and currency, Ricky's bedroom eyes, Cupid's Bow pout and dark curly public hair propelled the show back to the Top Ten. And his singing wasn't bad either.
- I highly doubt Ricky Nelson was flashing any pubic hair on the show.
- pubic hair? .... arm hair yes, but definitely no pubic hair.
- Sorry, I thought pubic hair included chest hair, underarm and forearm hair...any hair that sprouted during puberty.
- R162, you can't afford to waste any time here.