- Who watches commercials any more?
- "Our little bun in the oven is [simper] 2 little buns .... I''m not a number, I''m [moue] Lisa! Or [giggle] Mom!"\
I want to strangle her.
- Non-hate: I think "Baconalia" is pretty clever, though I''m afraid the allusion wasted on most of Denny''s customers.
- The commercial where the girl starts screaming when she sees a tarantula spider on a guy''s cell. Her screaming gives me a headache.
- I download anything I want to watch. No commercials for me.
- [quote]Who watches commercials any more?\
More important, who still watches television?
- Political ads by GOP politicians I hate.\
So cheesy, so smarmy, so bile-inducing.
It''s election primary time in my state -- ugh!
- THE FUCKING MORMON CULT COMMERCIALS!!!!!\
You know, the ones with the pod people saying they''re just like us but of course they''re not, and no one ever bothers to get around to explain one fucking thing about Mormonism. \
Oh, that''s right. Because it''s a cult, and that''s how cults operate.
- The trendoid slacker man who screeches at the end of every commercial for the fast food shitshop:\
"It''s Good Mood Food!"
- Jiffy Lube, keep my ride alive!
- R4, I forgot about that one. THAT one''s the worst.
- any commercial about body odor, twat odor, shit crusted toilet paper sticking to your ass no matter how cute the animated bears are, vibrators, how your teenager stinks and how febreeze solves the issue etc.\
they''re all just vulgar.
- That bigheaded freak with a faceful of obnoxiously garish lipstick who sells online insurance will never go away. As if the insurance company she shills for actually has a physical shop where people can come in and discuss which insurance they want with an actual human being. \
But it''s mostly her freak head and frightening hair, adorned with a do-nothing headband that gives me the heebie jeebees.
- The Taco Bell commercial where the idiot guy screeches, "I won!!!!!"
- As much as I hate Flo on the Progressive commercials, this baby dyke on the Esurance commercials annoys me even more. Her co-workers are just as obnoxious.
- The Tax Masters commercial on CNN. That guy is freakin'' huge. They try to de-emphasize his girth by filming him at 3/4 profile, but you can tell he''s spending all his client''s money on food.
- The phone commercial where the woman thinks she sees a real tarantula because the phone picture quality is so high. And she screams her bloody head off and most of the commercial is her screaming. I just want to slap her until she can''t move. That is the most annoying commercial on the air right now.
- Then there is the car commercial where the bratty curly-headed little boy watches his friend in another car with his parents singing in the front seat. The kid asks for help and brat boy turns away commenting how lame it is and how he should have a SUV with a back seat entertainment system like this kid has. Making that kid a post child for entitlement makes me wish the auto company would go out of business.
- The Taco Bell ad is annoying, but the guy is cute. He was also the Num Yummy guy on the Campbell''s soup ad and is the third in the "Does it really take two to tango?" insurance ad.
- The Coors Light ad with Ice Cube. "You think you''re colder than ME? Turn on the radio, who do you hear? ME! Turn on the on the tv. ME!" Can''t tell you the last time I saw the guy on television or heard him on the radio.
- The most annoying is the "Living the High Life" ads with the arbiter of all that is good and decent, an obese beer delivery man.
- The one with the kid in the denim diapers.
- You must watch a lot of tv, r17, since you apparently don''t read.
- [quote]The Tax Masters commercial on CNN. That guy is freakin'' huge. They try to de-emphasize his girth by filming him at 3/4 profile, but you can tell he''s spending all his client''s money on food.\
I love the beard that''s so desperately trying to hide his 10 chins.\
Surprise! The fat fucker is being sued for fraud.
- The "Hey, Marcel" commercial has me running for the remote. I don''t need these idiots yelling "Hey, Marcel" at me several times in a row. I think the commercial is for some cable tv service. %0D\
Another one I hate is were the guy keeps repeating "She was forty-three years old". Yeah, I know he wife died of cancer when she was forty-three years old but gosh what a horrible ad. I think he repeats himself about 4 times. %0D\
I used to be in the advertising industry before the recession so I sort of enjoy creative ads, but the annoying ads make me cringe. Unfortunately, studies show we remember the annoying ads more than the entertaining ones, and therefor the advertisers want to create annoying ads
- The obnoxious SUV kid, as mentioned.\
"Pudding face" the face is creepy.\
A local ad in Nashville featuring a screeching girl proclaiming "Hurt bad? Call my dad!" They do one every year, but this year the decided to do a retrospective and put 5-6 years worth into one long screaming string.
- I don''t know what the product is (since I can''t stand the commercial) but it''s that couple on the beach where the husband says to his wife, "You look like a beach angel" and she screams really loud in glee. I want someone to dump sand on her.\
And my partner and I loathe that curly-haired entitled brat in the SUV. I want so badly to see some other SUV smash into his and kill that stuck-up little twat!
- "The one with the kid in the denim diapers."\
This Pampers ad was initially banned because of the line, "I poo in blue." \
I''m not sure if the same voice over is being shown in all markets. \
In NY, the original commercial is now back on. It''s actually pretty clever.
- Another vote for "Hey Marcel!" Seems like that one has been in rotation for far too long. Hey Marcel, GFY!
- The extremely annoying Muppet faced woman, from the no longer being shown 1-800 Dentist commercials, where she is chattering in the elevator, is now on about two or three other commercials. Her face and voice make me nuts.\
I have no idea what these current ads are for, but I can''t stand her.
- The Rachel Bilson ads for some chocolate bar make me want to murder everyone involved.
- Anything with Ashton Kutcher.
- I''m probably the only one here not impressed with those new Chrysler commercials with the tagline: "Imported from Detroit."\
Beyond contrived! \
Hey that''s not clever copywriting, you bloody twit! \
I retired from the advertising business and sometimes I see creative that just makes me want to round ''em all up -- the brand managers on the client side, the copywriters, the broadcaster producers, the art buyers, the whole lot of ''em -- and horsewhip them in the plazas in front of their buildings.\
Those animated bears for that asswipe paper company make me hurl too.
- Jennifer Hudson in the diet commercial riffing on Feeling Good which was sung so purely and beautifully by Gilbert Price in Roar of the Greasepaint.
- The Wendy''s commercial with that scary baby slobbering over its food. Cut to the trashy fat parents slobbering over their nasty Wendy''s hamburgers. Cut to the scary baby slobbering and rocking its head in CGI. \
r30, muppetface is one of the most annoying faces in tv advertising today. She''s referred to up-thread in the Esurance post, and I''ve seen her mug in a dog food commercial. She looks like a cabbage patch doll.
- I''m so glad the cable TV ads with the fat ''reggaeton'' singer screeching what seemed like forever repeating the number to call for service, are no longer on! Talk about running for the remote.\
The guy sounded like he had a throat filled with phlegm! This was one of the worst TV ads in all advertising history!\
There''s also a local TV ad for some co-op, or condo, in Brooklyn, which is being marketed to hipsters, it''s annoying and nauseating. Now entire lifestyles are being built around these idiots?\
This ad is usually shown late nights during NBC''s weekend lifestyle shows or during NBC''s Open House.
- The one for the online "college" scam with the girl "learning in [her] pyjamas!"
- Agree on the Ashton Kutcher camera commercials, esp. the latest one with his stupid floppy hair. I would go out of my way to NOT buy one of those cameras.\
And it''s Toyota who does the commercial with the snotty little kid who turns away from his friend as the car pulls away. That ad bugs on so many levels, the first of which is the elitism that is so plainly implied and the second of which is the fact that the kid is driving around his neighborhood but still feels compelled to have to watch a video for a 5-minute ride. And the most ridiculous thing of all is that just about any SUV or van has that option these days, as do many cars, so its not even something unique about Toyotas.
- The gerber grow-up plan commercials. I think it is sick to get a life insurance policy on your kid.\
All of the tampon/pad/fds/erectile dysfunction commercials. I don''t want to hear about that shit while watching TV.\
The baby bullet food processor commercial. The mothers are so fucking annoying.
- "it''s that couple on the beach where the husband says to his wife, "You look like a beach angel" and she screams really loud in glee."%0D\
Actually, I think that one is funny, especially the part where their "genius" son is wandering the beach with a plastic bucket on his head. So sue me.%0D\
And I haven''t enjoyed an Old Navy commercial since the Clare Donovan days.
- No love for Ronnie Deutch?
"I''m Ronnie DOYYYYTCH!"
- "Honey, could you toss me some toilet paper"?\
- This one.\
Anyone in the Midwest (mainly Chicago) will agree with me. Cheesy. Bad acting and sadly, in heavy rotation:
- I''ve got free.....free flooring!!!!\
I thought this was finally over a few years ago. Can''t believe it''s back.
- I think, like EAGLE MAN, this one has now entered the annals of "bad commercials that people hate to love" and LUNA has brought this gem back and brought considerable air time.\
- Those creepy Gerber CGI toddlers are disturbing, especially the giggly indeterminate-ethnicity/gender kid.
- R4/23, you really are an ass. No one said you could only mention it once. And no, I didn''t bother to read your stupid post. Why should I?
And you''re a jerk, too. Get it?
- The ones that hired really, really, really, really, really, really bad actors, among them:%0D\
The Trojan Bachelorettes with the stiff hair%0D\
The Glade lady who looks like a flamingo%0D\
All the Sunny Delight kids (no I WON''T call it "Sunny D" as much as they try to make it happen)%0D\
The Farmer''s insurance tour people (too bad because tour guide J.K. Simmons is an excellent actor)%0D\
All children in car commercials. They should be simply banned. Zoom, zoom...just like that.%0D\
The stupid little girl who says she doesn''t like "pasketti cuz it looks like worms" and her contrite dialogue on some child-montage add.%0D\
ALL Lifetime Movie Actresses, whose directors somehow manage to make even the best of them look and sound horrible in their promos ("...he HIT yaeouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!")%0D\
- The Jell-O Pudding Pop kid is incredibly creepy.
- I wish they brought back Khakis-A-Go-Go. I''d actually jumped up and watched every time it came on.
- The only thing sadder than the fact that OP sees commercials is that he/she thinks they are among the things worthy of critical discussion.
- I''d >> I
Though, I have to admit I''m secretly fascinated by its awfulness, low budget, badly animated rapping squirrel, etc.
- The new Life Alert lady whose fall is symbolized by a leaping collander and rolling blueberries.
Neighbor''s track suit
- Oh, and the Allstate/Mayhem/Dean Winters commercials I could do without.
- That cheapply prodcued commercial for the blueberry plants featuring all those hideous children covered in blueberry goo. Disgusting.
- Game over, I win. THESE are the commercials that make me want to stick a fork in my brain. Some people think they have a certain genius about them - you will never forget them, that''s for sure. %0D\
Ladies and gentlemen, the comedy stylings of....Vern Fonk.
- The plus women talking about their titties. Hate it when they call them "the girls." Another one of those irritating heavy Lifetime rotation ads.%0D\
On a positive note, I''m so glad they canned Megan M. doing that "Turn The Churn Around" debacle (possibly the worst and laziest substitute lyrics ever) and replaced her with an overacting but sensibly blocked Kim Catrall, even if butter tones are not her best outfit color.
"Takin'' ''bout nutri - tion"
- Really Mia? I love those and - as someone who had never noticed and didn''t know who Dean Winters was before the commercials - now I think he is a decent actor who exudes sex.
- [quote]Linda Evangelista\
If Patton were alive, he''s slap your face! \
I also love the Dean Winters Allstate ads. He''s just amazingly hot.
- "Face it, I''m NOT GOING to college!"%0D\
Even worse it''s the third generation of actors in exactly the same commercial.
- There''s a series of commercials for a fiber breakfast cereal set in a grocery store. They star an Indian actor with the most annoyingly affected line delivery. I want to punch that guy.%0D\
Also hate the "Little Bit of Luck" lottery commercials. They stopped running the homophobic one, but the other ones are still on the air. I want to squash that little shit.
- I like the Ashton camera commercials.
- I do too, r63. I think they are Ashton''s best work.
- I enjoy Ashton''s commercials, as well.
- [quote]I''m so glad they canned Megan M. doing that "Turn The Churn Around" debacle %0D\
It''s "turn the TUB around," which is even worse.
Turn your own tub around, fatso
- 66 replies and no one has mentioned that ridiculous McNugget commercial?
- The black guy who screams about giving up going to Home Depot and instead going to Ace Hardwar because HD is too, too big. His voice is annoying and I want one of his neighbors to shoot him.
- The commercial I''m hating the most right now is actually a promo for a Fall show called "Whitney." I don''t know who that bitch is, but her show looks like the unfunniest piece of shit since...since anything Seinfeld''s done post-"Seinfeld." And I doubly hate the preening photos they show of her at the end of the promo. Bonus points for the fugly, unfunny husband.
- I want to black the eyes of Antoine in the "Blinds to Go" commercials.
- The ones where Carrie Fisher comes out as a lesbian. \
At least, that''s the only reason I can think of for her to be dancing in the background singing "I''m eating Jenny!!"
- The one for Gillette with that annoying douche who used to be on early seasons of MadTV.
- That damn fucking Weight Watchers commercial with Jennifer Hudson and her screaming/yodeling/singing.
- FUcking Pudding Face!!!!
- "The ones where Carrie Fisher comes out as a lesbian. At least, that''s the only reason I can think of for her to be dancing in the background singing "I''m eating Jenny!!""\
When I first heard her singing, "I''m EATING Jenny", I was like WTF? Plus, she doesn''t look as she''s really lost 30 pounds.\
My mom was visiting, saw the commercial and even she was laughing, "She''s EATING Jenny? Ha-haaa!"
- 1-800-VICTIM2. Though, I have to admit I''m secretly fascinated by its awfulness, low budget, badly animated rapping squirrel, etc."\
A cousin knows one of the lawyers. I couldn''t believe how bad these ads are, perhaps they are so bad, the people involved figured that was how to accomplish the firm getting stuck in a viewer''s mind?!\
No, the lawyer is not ''hot''. He''s a family friend of my cousin''s, he''s str8 and married.
- Love the beach angel commercial; hate the commercials but Kutcher is hot! Pudding face is irritation itself. But Ronnie da-big-dyke Deuch is the worst.
- What''s wrong with Jennifer Hudson''s legs? She still looks like a ten lb. package in a five lb. bag! Trussed up in that sheath she looks like mermaid girl with those crooked gams pokin'' out underneath. Is there really that much difference between fat ghetto and thin ghetto?
The one with the baby talking about investing online.\
An ad for baby slapping.
Explicit and disgusting ads for toilet tissue.
Everest College, the online degree mill.\
First person testimonials from people who all look like complete losers.
- The ads for Activon pain reliever that show a man and woman against a white background. The man holds various body parts and moans in pain while the female shakes a bottle of Activon in his direction, like the pain relieving vibes float thru the air from her to his body.\
Oh, wait... here it is on Youtube.
- This Subaru "Love" commercial. I hate the cutesy couple, but mainly I hate the singer''s voice. I don''t know what he''s saying and the sound of his voice makes me angry - not the effect they wanted I''d imagine.
- The ones where the bank lady promises to save our debit cards from falling dominos are finally gone.
- I think the guy in the Subaru love commercial is hot.
- Another vote for the bimbo who screams bloody murder at her phone that has the tarantula photo on it and the dumbfuck who then smashes her phone.
- Not sure what it''s for, but the ad shows a woman and an Asian man coming into her apartment after a date. Her dog comes in the room and the broad says her dog can talk. The dude has to sit there with an interested smile on his face while waiting for the dog to finally get out the "words".\
I feel bad for the guy - he has a WTF look on his face after a few seconds of humoring this deranged female.
- The one where the mom tells her kids to "Get the fuck out" and "Mah-Jong!" over Oreos.
- The promos for ABC''s new series "Expedition Impossible", with that extremely annoying chick saying "We in the Sa-ha-ra, yo!"; she sounds so fake and forced. It''s enough to make me pray for that show''s failure.\
Here in Los Angeles, there were commercials all last summer for Universal Studio Tour''s new King Kong 3D ride; the commercial featured several ugly, harshly-lit people screaming and cowering in super slo-mo in response to the ride''s "scariness". Now there''s an even MORE annoying ad for the same ride, this time with a kid screaming in slow motion right into the camera for about 30 seconds, during which he for some god-only-knows reason "ages" from a kid to an old man. I dive for the remote every time.
- "The promos for ABC''s new series "Expedition Impossible", with that extremely annoying chick saying "We in the Sa-ha-ra, yo!"\
Looks and sounds like it''s cast with a bunch of entitled a-holes, based on the promo. Just the sound of that woman''s voice makes me decide I won''t be watching that.
- R87, it''s not so much that the dog can talk, but that the blonde chick keeps saying to the dog "We love our bank!" and the dog barks in response. The commercial is very stupid but what I find interesting about it is the casting. It''s one of the few times you will find a Caucasian woman paired with a non-Caucasian man. In the past, you would never have seen that kind of thing on a commercial. Companies didn''t want to upset the small minds of their customer base or create controversy.
Yes, the Expedition: Impossible adventure series, the ripoff of the Amazing Race.\
If the highlight of the show is the idiot woman saying, "We''re in the Sahara, there''s sand all over the place, YO!"\
(In exaggerated city girl accent)\
Think how awful an entire hour of it would be.
- The one with the blonde Sarah Palin lookalike standing in front of the refrigerator debating whether to eat a piece of cheesecake. First, it''s going to taste like shit because it''s been sitting uncovered in the fridge, and second, eat it or don''t, but shut the goddamn door.
- [quote]The commercial is very stupid but what I find interesting about it is the casting. It''s one of the few times you will find a Caucasian woman paired with a non-Caucasian man. In the past, you would never have seen that kind of thing on a commercial. Companies didn''t want to upset the small minds of their customer base or create controversy.\
That''s one of the reasons why I can''t hate on the commercial. It casts the Asian man in a positive light and not to be laughed at like the disaster that is The Hangover Part 2. It is the white person that they''re asking the audience to laugh at, not the Asian for a change. It''s one of the reasons why I''m behind The New Girl. It casts the Asian man as the desirable player that Zooey Deschanel wants to date.
- The Target commercial where people are cavorting in the stores aisle, doing all sort of summery things -- volleyball, a slip & slide, filling a kiddie pool. All to the sound of "Pictures of Matchstick Men".
- Kit Kat. I don''t know why, but the repeated little snaps of the candy bar breaking is incredibly annoying.
- Oooh, I hate those annoying Kit Kat commercials too. Ugh!\
I immediately hit "mute."
- The demented "Life Alert" commercials. Especially the old perv with his arm around his muu muu wearing squeeze and her horrible Korean wig.
- I hate those denim diaper commercials where the baby is strutting around talking in a weird generic European accent talking about being a number one but doing a number two in blue....so fucking stupid.
- The state farm commercials
- The Heineken commercial with the Adrien Brody lookalike doing all manner of weird things as he enters the party. The woman singing, and the song itself, are totally annoying.
- There''s a new Burger King commercial touting Turkey Burgers and it centers around a destroyed house with children screaming and breaking things and the clever slogan is "This is why Turkeys don''t make great babysitters". It''s just so unbelievably stupid.
- Commercials for stool softeners. \
Dulcolax has the charming line in their ad "when it''s hard or hurts to go to the bathroom, try Dulcolax".\
I caught a Miralax ad today showing a woman in a fancy dress trying to dance while there''s a length of toilet paper wound around her ankle. Translation: she''s tied to her toilet until Miralax fixes her bowels.
- Burlington Coat Factory.\
White woman to black woman: "Blah, Blah, blah, I speak 4 languages."\
Black woman: "I just got my my daughters 4 dresses for $50. Parlez vous GOOD DEAL" (with cliched black attitude).\
Black woman to white woman: "In yoga today I affected my bakasana."\
White woman: I got this skirt for $15 at Burlington. My bakasana lookin'' gooood!" (with cliched attempt at black attitude intonation).
- I hate the Yoplait commercial where the pitiful bastard can''t even sneak a cup of yogurt while that googly-eyed witch is on the phone.
- He actually kills her shortly thereafter, R106, and has sex with her corpse before eating all the damn Yoplait he wants.
- Love the actor who plays the husband in those commercials. I think he''s so cute.
- I loathe the "Drop the Itch" commercial for Scalpicin itchy-scalp treatment.\
Runner-up: the Sea-Bond denture-adhesive commercial featuring "Olga Ooze."
- I hate the commercials where the woman asks the waiter all the questions and when asked by her doctor if she has any questions, she just sits there like a lump.
- I hate about 95% of the commercials that are put out. The actors are for the most part smug smart asses or just asses. I can tolerate the Pine-Sol lady and the actress spokesmodels who do Cover Girl commercials. That''s about it.
- The skanky lap band adds. Beyond tacky.
- I love the mayhem commercials. I love dean and I like the music.\
I HATE the kit kat commercials, and have to mute the tv.
- "You got a weather balloon with points!"\
"Yes, I did."\
Uh, wouldn''t you have had that conversation hours ago instead of after the car ride and after setting up the balloon?
- I totally agree with r105!!
- "The Heineken commercial with the Adrien Brody lookalike doing all manner of weird things as he enters the party. The woman singing, and the song itself, are totally annoying."\
Adrien Brody himself is actually in a Stella Artois commercial, singing and sounding like Sting!
- If you think the old Swiffer commercials with the brooms were bad, the new ones feature\
women and men portraying the dirt on the floor, they are all moaning how they want to be "picked up".\
The dirt ''characters'' are lying on the floor wearing these old looking vinyl outfits which are supposed to represent dirt.\
These are some of the worst commercials ever, at least the ones with the brooms were kind of funny, these ads are simply repulsive.
- Magic Jack wins this one.
- I love the Heineken commercial. Catchy tune, a nod to all the film genres, and beautifully shot.\
The Dos Equis "coolest guy in the world" has nothing on main guy who looks like James Franco.
has replaced "I''ve fallen and I can''t get up"
Bedazzled Track Suits
- Ditto on the pudding face commercials and the phone commercial where the lady screams cause a picture of a spider pops up and then the loser dude smashes the phone...lame -_-%0D\
AND the Everest Collage commercial with the black guy yelling at you to get off the couch and do something with your life or whatever...irritates the fuck outta me. I mute soo fast..it''s like shut the hell up already! *finds a link*
- Angie''s List and all of the ugly people on it- esp the guy at the end who says "I love you Angie...sorry hon" and the black woman with the bad wig who says "I am busy, busy, busy". And fat Angie herself-who looks as Republican as can be.
- Waffles! Waffles! \
That ATT commercial about the little girl with the lost dog. GOD, I HATE IT! Want to track her down and make sure she gets lost.
- Geiko series introduced by the guy with the annoying voice that includes the man climbing out from under a rock.. Love their other ads but those ones suck.
- Why are there two threads on this?
- The Target 2-Day Holiday sale commercials with the obnoxious woman "training" for the sale are beyond annoying.
- Little tap dance girl on the LUNA commercial ..... I love kids an have a daughter but this little girl ERKS the hell outta me . Then there's the dish commercials with the idiots with satellite dish around there neck . Lastely the CORN DOG lady that try to act like she can sing .
- Safe Auto shame on you for exploiting the obese African American "Lady Rerun" in your Ads. I immediately get a mental image of the persons who are behind the commercial and the motives! Hmm.. Here, I get, insecure white female, perhaps attracted to or involved with black male, sees black female as enemy, have need to portray her unfavorably or held up as an object of ridicule!
I have the same perception of an old Kia Ad that features a potentially attractive black woman (uglied up -with a shabby dowdy outfit, hairdo & makeup) has spat with guy who drives away - she calls him they make up & hug- she says "We should get married" next scene he's speeding away! Msg implied? Black women are inferior, ugly and not good enough to marry. Consider Wall Mart Ad where they parade White Playboy type Models with glamourous makeup and hair strolling their aisles plus one average looking Black model sporting Afro. In a few seconds I could find a more attractive looking Black female in the grocery store to do this Ad! Tyra has proven that you can glamorize a Plain or unattractive female with hair clothes and makeup -IF you want to! Yet we get these same old messages, and the same old tricks since Aunt Jemima, and Mammy Belle! Well Kia, while running away from marriage can seem a typical male point of view - a male would not need the woman to be so frumpy. Unless he was gay! (Gay men seem to have more confidence and class to stoop so low - My bias showing?) Wonder how White guys react to Ad where Black male customer is portrayed as smart, attentive and "sexy" able to repeat Menu items verbatim vs White male portrayed as clueless dunce! Hmmm so now what? Do White men need another Ad to tell them how to compensate their women? Black men don't seem to mind being used to make White men feel inadequate- until it backfires -in a million ways - on the job, in a Court room, on a police traffic stop, etc... etc...
I just have to cite newer Kia "SOUL" Ad featuring rats in an alley dressed in hoodies like typical young Black men.. These Rats are shown scowling, lascivious, and looking like slimy, sneaky, thugs! Outrageous Blatant! insulting! I could go on and on... We should all be paying more attention because these images are repetitive, invasive and often have a subliminal hypnotic influence on our collective consciousness. These mean spirited messages harm us all. Advertising generates Billions so it's not too much to ask for vigilant reform and a modicum of character behind the messages.
- KIT KAT is by far the most obnoxious commercial the last few years. I deliberately stopped eating Kit Kats because of them and doubt I will ever eat one again. Each time I see them on the store shelves my stomach automatically hurts and I get extremely irritated. No commercial has ever made me feel this upset and angry. YES I know they make commercials annoying so they'll stick in your head but sometimes it backfires. It sticks in your head but it also reminds you that you hate this product and won't buy it. Anyway, obviously the commercials I am talking about is with the chomping, cracking, wrapper crinkling, people chewing like pigs, with all that crunching and weird Scromp sound when someone puts it into their mouths. I find myself turning the station every time those obnoxious Kit Kat commercials come on. Now when I see the candy bars on store shelves I feel nauseated and sick. I can't even bring myself to look at them. It's almost as annoying as when TV commercials include gulping sounds when people drink something like in a soda commercial or those Alive commercials when they swallow pills and you hear them swallow. Heck even if someone offers me a Kit Kat for free I will NOT take it. I won't even give them out during Halloween even if it was on sale. Kit Kat can go F themselves from now on!
- I absolutely despise Target's 2012 Christmas commercial...the girl and the guy act like stupid valley girls and have NO voice, singing a song where words are put together simply because they rhyme..HORRIBLE, and with so many talented people looking for work, totally unnecessary.
- Any women hygien products commerical!
- The home depot commercial the lady in it is really annoying
- Try watching the commercials on MeTV or AntennaTV for a few hours. You'll want to commit suicide before you get old.
- Getting pretty sick of "Jan," the Toyota Receptionist Idiot.
Didn't this actress appear in a series of commercials for Wendy's Hamburgers a few years back? She played off a really tall dork of a guy and they were always standing outside a store. They healed placards in their hands, as I recall.
- The one where the dog is out walking with his human and knows a ton of words to describe his feelings and his toy, but doesn't know the word ball.
Any of those awful Geico ads with the weird singing hipster duo. They make me physically violent.
- "healed" = had
- The Comcast Xfinity commercial with Usain Bolt's "brother" Insane, especially when Bob Costas pops up.
"Insane, you're insane!"
"You're crazy, Bob!" (except when Bolt says it with an accent, it sounds like "You're crazy, Bub.")
- The one for Yoplait yogurt - a bunch of women are sitting around and one starts to describe a bad date. This one broad gets so wrapped up in whether to choose yogurt or some cookies that she appears to not be listening to her friend. Of course, she chooses Yoplait.
Then she snaps out of her fugue, interrupts the speaker and mumbles something about "tell me the details of your date" in this really dazed voice. There is a shot of a plate of cookies broken in half that confuses me. Who did that?
- The newest trend of Spanish in comercials. If I wanted to watch Telemundo, I would.
- R139, do you mean that strident Target ad with the song "ula ula, hagamos ula ula"?
- There are few, there's one where a woman is talking about laundry detergent and her daughter is sitting there translating.
- R141, I think I know to which commercial you're referring but it's supposed to be a housekeeper and the daughter of the family for whom she works.
The cookies are heart shaped....they are cracked in the last shot because they're "heart broken" that they weren't choosen as a snack - the woman chose the Yoplait instead.
- I know I'm supposed to hate the Tena Twist commercial, but I friggin' love it. I love those dancing women (especially the really Rubenesque one at the end who is dancing so sexily and carefree). I love the weird song where it goes up a half step when "Tena" is being sung..
- The commercials for "The Hopper" for Dish TV, featuring what I assume is a South Boston Irish family. The accents alone send me screaming from the room.
"Shaddup, I'm watchin' the Hoppa!" screams Dad while he's sittin' on the crappah. (yes, they show the crappah.)
- The Shoedazzle ads with the perfect storm of obnoxious music, trashy "Who's That Girl?"-era bedazzled shoes, and Rachel Zoe narration.
- The Febreeze bullshit with people tricked into sitting in the middle of garbage and not knowing it.
Also Walmart's bullshit about tricking people into eating their food instead of the higher priced food.
Their gasps of astonishment from the big reveal are so fucking stupid.
"Oh my Gawd, this steak is from (gasp) Walmart?"
- The new Sierra Mist commercial, with a bunch of obnoxious mini-fraus dancing around a kitchen table, singing what sounds like some Taylor Swift piece-of-crap.
- "We're stronger than the storm"
An insipid melody with that beached whale Gov Chris Crisco sitting in the sand with a lavender shirt.
- This ad was heard on satellite radio, for a dating service called "cougarlife.com". It advertises that young guys can find sex starved older woman who will be happy to shower them with money. The worst part is the theme song where a woman sings the words "cougars with hooters, we're the bomb".
This is so tacky -- reminds me of an episode of Married with Children.
- I'm so sick of that "We're stronger than the storm" ad as well. Instantly hit mute or change the channel every time it comes on.
- I have come to loathe GEICO because its cheezy, stupid commercials are as omnipresent as pigeons.
I especially detest "Maxwell", and I'd have that smug pig roasting in a smoker in about 15 seconds if I ever got a hold on him.
I bet I'd like him with baked beans and cole slaw.
- There's a cereal commercial, I think it has yogurt clumps in it and the last lady shown eats a spoonful and says "I feel healthy". I want to take the bowl and bash her head in because she feels healthy eating a bite of sugar and wheat laden cereal.
- Another....that faucet commercial (Moen?) where the woman is seemingly doing interpretative dance to wash a plate, rinse lettuce, fill a glass to show the fact you can turn the water on just by waving something under the faucet.
But, how the hell does it "know" what temperature water you want???
- The travel website where the announcer says, "You booking nailed it!"
So the hook is that the name of the company rhymes with 'fucking.' Pathetic.
- I loathe the Wet Wipes commercial with that annoying redhead who talks about "tp".
- The Muller yogurt mongoloid who looks like the love child of Pauley Perrette and Taylor Swift.
- The Meineke commercial with the young, cute guy named Mike is nice. I fantasize about Mike and the mechanic getting it on in the back room of the shop...
- Fat pig Chris Christie and his hideous wife with the "Stronger than the storm" plug for New Jersey. God how I detest him.
- The "Don't Call Michael Bolton" Verizon one. Gets on my nerves.
- Whenever I buy a new car, I always try to find the salesmen who will let me take the car out and just drive it anywhere I want to go...maybe for a nice long dinner after which I will dream about that steak or maybe take it out to a lover's park where I can lay on the hood with my lover and stare up at the stars or on a nice long day trip where we wind up far away at a little roadside store and we both get out and buy stuff.
Such realistic commercials because all car salesmen are really tolerant and accommodating like that.
- I hate the one where Pia Zadora rapes Marcus Bachmann with a fan-shaped syringe of hydrogen peroxide. There are long and lingering shots of the violation, and you unfortunately catch a glimpse of the Bachmann ballsac - Michelle walks into the garage at the very last minute, looking very scrotal indeed. A baby chicken falls through the garage roof, and says, "Eat me now! Only at KFC!"...
Actually, I love that one.
- I had to find this thread again because I can't take the We Buy Any Car. Com ad. I may have to give up my beloved Judge Judy because of it.
- the jiffy lube commercial sucks and is just basically annoying as hell. Because of the commercial I will never take my car there. Who in their right mind came up with this crap and better yet who (and I would be surprised if they still have a job) approved this commercial for the company. Please take it off the air and fire everyone involved with its conception.
- The one with William Shatner shilling for some law firm. "Have you been hurt? Call the hurt line."
- Jesus Christ on a Crutch! Those annoying Sleep Experts commercials with that braying CEO, Christine Cook, yelling and pleading for us to buy her crappy mattresses. Someone tell her to stay in the board room and off the air!
- Komen Three-Day commercials, where they make breast cancer sound like some happy prance through a park, with everyone wearing stupid pink feather boas. That stupid, burbling music in the background makes me wanna HURL. Kum-by-YUCK!
- I'm getting very tired of that "puppy brother" commercial.
- That "People" magazine commercial...insufferable.
- Still anything to do with the hygienically challenged shitting bears.
- Jamie Lee Curtis has recruited her old friend Joely Fisher to help her shill for Activia. The commercial should have been fun, but they turned it into just another boring, bad commercial for regularity. They both look like they haven't been on roller skates in 30 years at the end of the thing.
- uSell.com, where they claim you can make up to $60 selling your old phone. The little white guy in the vest tries so hard to sound like a thug. "You cn' sell 'yo 'ol phone!" What a fool.
- The one which desecrates the Allman Brothers "Midnight Rider," a song that means a lot to me, reminding me of the days before exurban sprawl when nights were dark and towns weren't made up of housing developments.
- The aggravating old couple who find a whole carton full of Swifter shit on their front porch and then use it all for the first time. "Morty...Morty...are you listening to me?"
I want to strike them both, repeatedly, with the business end of a Swifter mop. Not cute.
1)Any of the ones for Red's Apple Ale. First of all, I would have to object to being hit in the head and knocked by an APPLE that apparently comes out of nowhere. The idiot comes to and then says, "I'll have a REDZAPPLELAIL." No enunciation!
2)Both Swiffer commercials with Morty and his blushing, 60+ year old bride.
3)All Booking.com commercials. " . . . one who couldn't get to the airsickness bag in time and one who left his shoes on the plane. HIS SHOES." And the one with the Asian woman and her clueless dorky husband trying to find their vacation house. Seriously? Would you want to stay in a house, no matter how beautiful, if you have to drive my the Sandinistas??
4) The Febreze commercial where the 2 laundromat workers and housewife are looking at each other intermittently because said housewife brought her queen-sized mattress to be cleaned. Ugh, Helen Keller could tell you that mattress won't fit.
I.P. During Commercial Breaks
- The creepy new one with chefs Rocco DeSpirito and Carla Hall for some boxed dinner from Kraft. Their heads are CGI'd onto kids bodies; then they critique the "food" like it's fine cuisine.
- The car commercials with Jan the receptionist especially the one where she starts shrieking about the escaped chameleon.
- The one where the goddamn fucking COWS - literally, with 4 legs and tails, not figurative - are talking in "valley girl" speak and worse, singing, rapping, WHAT-the-fuck-ever. Was cute at first; now I want to kill cows. And female voiceover artists. MAKE IT STOP!
- R132, I'm not able to get ME TV where I live (far Northern NYS) but I believe you. I'd like to add to that, the hideous commercials on GSN (serves me right for watching 30-yr-old game shows!). The worst is that hair-remover product "No-No." I don't know WHEN I've ever seen a more hideous commercials. Painful - in more ways than one.
Oh, and the one (haven't seen in a while) for an earwax remover? ALMOST as hideous.
- Rosetta Stone
- [quote]Oh, and the one (haven't seen in a while) for an earwax remover? ALMOST as hideous.
You'd think the guy had just gotten stabbed by a red-hot poker.
- [quote]The one where the goddamn fucking COWS - literally, with 4 legs and tails, not figurative - are talking in "valley girl" speak and worse, singing, rapping, WHAT-the-fuck-ever. Was cute at first; now I want to kill cows. And female voiceover artists. MAKE IT STOP!
Is that for the California Dairy Council, the same company which features the cow in the shower?
- We're barefootin'!
- Those Ally Bank commercials with the phony "hidden-camera" situations: "We set up a hidden camera at this dry-cleaners and replaced the clerk with a blender. How would you like it if your bank did this to you?" Cut to a bunch of actors putting on their best "confused" faces. They even blurred the face of the extra playing the role of "Woman Who Didn't Sign the Release #1"
- The Trivago guy and his red chest and neck. I can't even look.
- The Whirlpool Duet Washer & Dryer commercial with that annoying teen girl voice-over whining about mom washing her favorite pair of jeans. I reach for the remote and hit the mute button everytime it comes on.
- C'mon Shaq, you know your dick doesn't fit in that Buick.
- R184 -- That Trivago guy has Lester Holt's Fat Tongue Disorder.
Watch his mouth closely.
- Who watches commercials? That's so 20th Century.
- The Trivago guy looks and sounds like he just woke up after 3-day bender.
- That Target commercial with the "So Groovy" music playing is on all. the. time. A song I'll never be able to appreicate again.
- Glade has a new commercial where some cloth-eared bint starts blithering "No one says to wake up and touch, or see, or taste, or hear the roses. They say to wake up and smell the roses."
No, they don't say that, idiots. They say "wake up and smell the COFFEE." And they say to STOP AND SMELL the roses. Jeez.
Whoever wrote that copy has got to be an immigrant or under 25.
- The commercial with an older couple at a wedding, the bald husband is quiet, chopping on his food while his uber annoying harridan wife is going on and on, complaining about something, I think the wedding?
I don't even know what the fucking commercial is about, I just cannot stand the wife's voice, she reminds me of some annoying older female relatives!
There's another commercial with them, the wife is talking about going to the newlyweds new ultra modern home and the bitch faced Judy Judy-ish looking old bat is complaining about their house too.
The company must be pissed that viewers can't even remember what the damn commercials are even for!
- The promos for that show with Bruno Mars' four sisters. LYLAS, I think? Cannot mute the TV fast enough. Go. Away. Braxton. Wannabes.
- Don't know if it's been mentioned, but, my god in heaven, I LOATHE the new
Shut the fuck up already. Nobody cares to hear your telephone greeting.
Hate it, hate it.
- I still hate those incontinent pooping cartoon bears.
"We all go, so why not enjoy the go?"
- The one with the rich retired Baby Boomers "having the time of our lives" traveling around in their RV and raving about their Consumer Cellular service. I fucking hate these parasites and wish they would drive their RVs into the Grand Canyon.
- That Toyota Corolla commercial with the rip roaring dance track and all those dancers dressed in primary colors vamping and spasming about that dullard car like their very livelihood is on the line. Especially the long curly hairrd spastic contortionist popping and dropping like she's curing cancer with her dance but she's dancing for a fucking CAR!
- [quote]Don't know if it's been mentioned, but, my god in heaven, I LOATHE the new Apple commercial.
Is that the one for the 5c with the ethnically diverse hipsters? "Guten Morgen!" "Moshi moshi... Meow!" Hate it.
- [quote]The car commercials with Jan the receptionist especially the one where she starts shrieking about the escaped chameleon.
I know! Who's scared of a chameleon?
- I heart you, r197.
Love your turn of phrase.
- I don't hate this commercial, but does anyone have any actor information on the construction workers in the Rub A535 commercial?
It's the one where the older guy is talking about the product and the younger guy (standing behind) is mocking him.
- Yes, R198!! Despise it.
- The surreal ads for Pillsbury Toaster Strudels, with the bizarre, blond German boy popping into random kitchens and extolling the product. I hate the way he says "gooey". With his accent, he pronounces it "go-ey".
- By far the most annoying is Blythe Danner's wannabe Sally Field for Boniva commercial. "Break a leg"- "I used to love that phrase" Ugh.
- Maybe cuase I had to watch it 3 too many times this past weekend, but the insurance commercial with Aaron Rodgers forced into a middle seat between the 2 obnoxious Bears fans - Discout Daaaable-check (annoying!)
That Pack is Whack
- The Jan the receptionist commercial with the chameleon has been dropped, at least here in NY, I haven't seen it in a while.
Perhaps viewers wrote to the company to tell them how ridiculous that ad was.
Who the heck screams like that over a chameleon, it's not as if the customer dropped a bag of those giant Palmetto bug/roaches on her desk. Then I could understand her screeching!
Chameleons are beautiful and kind of cute!
- The TV ads for NYC mayoral candidate Bill deBlasio using his charisma-less kids. His sons big afro looks hipster ridiculous. The latest commercial with his charmless daughter and her stupid flower crown make me want them all to disappear.
- Gerber baby college life plan. It's on 40 times a day!
- "Maybe cuase I had to watch it 3 too many times this past weekend, but the insurance commercial with Aaron Rodgers forced into a middle seat between the 2 obnoxious Bears fans - Discout Daaaable-check (annoying!)"
And what's that thing they do with their hands when they say the word "daaaa-ble"? Why do they do it?
The drop-down grill concept was pretty good, though. I *did* laugh the first time I saw it.
- The ones featuring the kid who hates his parents for eating his Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.
- [quote]And what's that thing they do with their hands when they say the word "daaaa-ble"? Why do they do it?
R209, they're mocking Rodgers's championship belt "dance" move he made famous in 2010/11. It's terribly goofy looking. Made me long for the Icky Woods years.
Still love Rodgers, dull personality and all. He is a joy to watch.
- God, I HATE that "Happy" UPS commercial. All the idiot bigwigs are around a conference table, trying to come up with a shipping plan to make customers happy, repeat customers. Nobody got nuthin'.
Enter bouncy, big-haired black kid from the mailroom. He solves the problem (UPS for everyone!). Cut to overpaid execs in turn saying "I'm happy." Woman customer says "I'm happy." Happy happy happy.
I was expecting them to cut to next scene: the mailboy as new CEO. But this is corporate America. NO fucking credit given to the lowly mailman who apparently is "happy" his idea just got took. No bonus, no promotion.
They probably fucking fired his ass for getting above his station.
- For those in SW Florida ... there are ads on Fort Myers television for a car dealership run by a fellow named Frank(?) Fucillo, which are SO bad, I seriously wonder if the fellow is borderline retarded.
Nationally, I loathe "Flo" from Progressive.
- The medicare supplemental insurance commercial with a frog faced woman dressed in a cardigan and Capri pants taking a stroll. She comes off as a smug bitch from the get go. "I'm in my sixties..."
- R207 would let kittens be squished on the subway tracks.
- The current Accura commercial. Not so much the commercial itself, but the voiceover.
The woman sounds 'hipster cool', like she's either drugged or she's too cool to talk in a normal sounding voice. Her voice is extremely grating.
Same with the little bitch daughter in the current Yoplait commercial, the one who talks about manipulating her mom so she could continue dating her 'edgy' boyfriend.
The way she pronounces, what is essentially the word 'cream' drives me nuts. She says, 'crem'. I'll give her some crem!
- Saw for the first time the Cheerio ad where the girl makes her mother reflect on her own dead mother. Bizarre to say the least. My gawd, that is really pushing it to play on your emotions.
- I was also wondering about that weird Cheerios ad.
It's actually a little boy talking to his mother, who actually looks as if she could be the grandmother! That's what first struck me about the ad, the woman looks to be in her 50s.
Unless she died rather young, kids that age would still have a grandmother. If the kid had a mom in her 20s or 30s, his grandmother would be in her 50s or 60s!
- The one for some new cellphone with a supposedly great built-in camera. Hipster douchebags riding around a parking lot on light-bedecked *scooters* and doing really daring (not) stunts so they can take pictures of themselves. It's laugh-out-loud stupid!!!!
- The Clorox ad with two dads in a park with their kids. One man has an infant strapped to his chest and a kid about 4-5 is tugging at his arm. Dad is talking with another guy and brushes off the little kid. The camera shows the kid in a "crapping my pants" stance and then the dad makes a "what's that smell" face.
I wonder how the directer got the kid to act out the pooping cause it is so obvious/disgusting.
- Oh, God! Those horrible Hess truck Xmas commercials have started. They've run 4 in the last four hours.
Do kids even care about those pieces of junk?
- The commercial for yokel dating site FarmersOnly.com, with the talking livestock and the cartoonized [italic]American Gothic[/italic] couple.
- The fucking "People" magazine commercial. Gag!
- Actually, I am loving the Gogurt ad with the mom that does a smokey eye. I laugh every time.
- Commercial with meowing cats that has nothing to do with any cat products. I think it might be for insurance. Drives my cats crazy and makes me think it's one of my cats meowing.
- Agree with [R173]!!
- I was all prepared to hate the commercials with James Earl Jones and Malcolm McDowell, but I am slowly starting to love the one with them doing the "friends" requests.
JEJ is happy to friend Hannah and the other woman, but he goes quiet when Greg wants to friend him. The silent face he gives Malcolm has me laughing out loud.
- What planet is this? I'm in a big city--apparently huger than I thought--that doesn't carry any of these regional market commercials, or I don't watch enough tv. Probably the latter. Only the odious Flo do I know--and so useless is that as a commercial gull that I went to another company. BTW, since when do insurance companies, especially 'Progressive' companies have billions of extra profits lying around to billboard tv commercials 24/7: Put that f'ing money into reduced costs for my policy, you douche 'Progressives'!
Anyway, rant over.
Hate in my city, mentioned by everyone is the huge-nosed, disarrayed in multiple layers of Occupy mufti, Vonage creep with fleas literally jumping from his beard to his gross, unkempt hair. As he 'get's down' with immigrants in the most patronizing white person encounter with color since Pizarro.
Who the hell thought: 'Hey, this will really work!"
- I am hating the FiOS commercial where the little girl asks her teenaged brother and friends if she can play in their football game. Why would a 10-year-old girl think she could play football with guys twice her size? Of course, the brother is a snot to her, instead of saying simply, "You're too little."
- r229 I have to admit that the pervy side of loves looking at the brother in that ad.
- HATE that hump day camel ad.
actually all of them.
- the Kmart ad with the lisping little boy talking about Christmas presents - I hate him.
- There's a Kmart commercial airing now with a little boy who I cannot understand. He garbles something about a box and then PS 4. His inability to annunciate unbearable.
- Jinx, r233.
- That's a little freaky, R232 & 233. And you're both right. That ad is grating.
- 233 here. The thing is I make commercials for a living and I cannot believe anyone would cast that fat tongued tot. Not offense to him as he will most certainly grow out of it in no time. But my Lord, it's awful.
- WTF is going on in that KMart commercial with the creepy grandmother twirling around while holding her walker? Talk about depressing, incredibly stupid and patronizing all at the same time.
It's pretty clear the kid with the marbles in his mouth was hired as a favor for someone. Sometimes that works, as in the case of the old people on the popular Swiffer ad. IIRC, they got the job through being the relatives of a woman who was friends with the commercial's talent booker.
What the hell has happened to advertising?!!! TV and print ads used to be very clever, fun and memorable. Memorable in a good way, not an annoying way. Today it seems people only remember the most annoying commercials and print ads.
Are the CDs, ADs and everyone else working in the advertising field drugged or drunk all day? I used to work in the print end of the field, at the time there were a lot of slackers and tons of 'yes' people, who agreed on garbage because they were afraid to lose their jobs.
What kind of talent are today's art and film schools producing? Are most of the people working in the advertising world getting hired through nepotism? Where the hell is the true creativity, where are today's advertising mavens?
- ANY ad featuring the voice of a would-be hipster chick talking in that grating, laid-back, 'vocal fry' kind of voice. It sounds smug and know-it-all/above-it-all. They can ALL GO BLOW A DEAD, BLOATED BEAR!
- The new Kardashian line of clothes for ... SEARS. Honestly, I'm not a full-figure hater, but these women look HUGE, OUT OF SHAPE and SLOPPY. Gargantuan bodies squeezed into the cheesiest-looking trashy clothes. Then all of them teetering on their little high heels that are, I suppose, supposed to 'elongate' their legs. It's cringe-worthy.
- [quote]ANY ad featuring the voice of a would-be hipster chick talking in that grating, laid-back, 'vocal fry' kind of voice. It sounds smug and know-it-all/above-it-all. They can ALL GO BLOW A DEAD, BLOATED BEAR!
I mentioned this up thread. The MOST annoying for me is the oh-so-cool laid back female voice used on the current Accura ad. Her voice makes my ears bleed!
Normally I cannot stand people who talk very slooooow, drawing out every word, which makes this ad in even more excruciating!
- The Equlibris ad where 'grandpa' is trying to explain to a family member why his doctor has him on this drug: The grandpa/actor is apparently a product of that annoying acting school where stage-y, 'thoughtful' pauses between every group of 4-5 words is considered compelling. I guess it's supposed to sound realistic and casual. Nope. Sounds like grandpa's already *had* the stroke he's trying to prevent. Extremely annoying.
- Cheerios commercial when the kid says it's like they're eating Cheerios with the dead grandmother.
And then I just saw one last night in which a man gives his primary school aged step-daughter a piece of jewelery, to let her know he's happy to be in the family. Thoroughly creeped me out.
- I hated the "Stronger Than the Storm" post-Sandy PSAs for New Jersey as much as the next guy but now the one for New York is working my last nerve. Fox5 seems to run it every ten minutes like they're trying to get even with Jersey. Enough already!
- The singing assholes on the vistaprint commercial!!
- JC Penny where the woman is shopping in front of a choir that sings lines like, "Do you see what Liz sees" to the Christmas tune "Do You Hear What I Hear."
"She'll be rocking the peep toe shoes!"
UGH it's easily the worst Christmas commercial of all time.
- The new Kindle fire Mayday commercial where the customer service rep is available to talk to and the kindle owner says "I like you".
I find her incredibly annoying. In fact, I was going to get a kindle and that commercial turned me off so I got an ipad instead. The guy sounds so phony, "I like you". Go back to acting school you fucking douche.
- With you on that R246
Also hate the Safe Auto commercial with that vacant eyed unblinking black woman singing that horrible song. All Safe Auto commercials should be banned permanently.
- R197 The only way the Toyota commercial would be remotely enjoyable is if they played it backwards so that the music gets better as time goes on
- Can't wait for the holidays to be over and the Honda ads with that douchebag Michael Bolton stop.
What ad agency brainiac came up with that concept? I'll never buy a Honda again.
- This commercial runs pretty much round-the-clock on CNN; I can't hit the "mute" button fast enough when it airs. I think it's exclusive to Los Angeles.
The old man in the video is 99 years old, and a self-made millionaire who has "given back to the community". If so, then God bless him, but his relatives are annoying as hell.
- The Equilibris ad with the scenery-chewing 'grandpa' who thinks he sounds convincing by taking a big, thoughtful pause beween every three words. I wish he'd choke.
- I hate all holiday car commercials, but especially the one where people throw their car keys into a Salvation Army bucket after glimpsing an Audi on the street.
The Kindle Mayday chick needs a good punch.
- The one promoting pistachios and has this female Crypt Keeper in a track suit and blonde wig, doing something called "prancercize".
- The new Joe Boxer underwear commercial, because I want to ring those bells and I can't.
- Thank you Grandma for the dolls. I LOVE IT!!!
Ninjas kicking through the halls. I LOVE IT!!!
Mom's posting pictures on your wall. I LOVE IT!!!
- The one for the Hamilton Beach breakfast sandwich maker with the woman (in business attire, to convey how busy she must be) who complains "I barely have time for coffee!"
I get up at 4am just so I have enough time for coffee. Get your ass up earlier, Julie Chen-looking bitch.
- The Kay ads for "chocolate diamonds." Aren't those just cheap flawed brown diamonds?
- Any of the "he went to Jarrod's (or however the hell you spell it)" commercials esp the latest one on the plane
- Please return your Feyonce to her upright position.
- R212 Let me help you enjoy those UPS "Happy" Commercials.
The opening line is "Customer Erin ordered shoes and got the wrong size." Not happy, not happy, not happy.
(In my head) the closing shot is of "Customer Aaron" a 230 pound bearded bear holding a size five stiletto. Not happy.
- Thanks, R260, but nope. Still not feeling it. I don't care whether it's Erin the Shoequeen or Aaron the Stiletto-lovin' Bear. I care about the mailboy getting fucked over and his idea took.
Those overpaid execs must be the same idiots who hired the three worst-speaking 5 year-olds in existence for the new Kmart ads. White marblemouthed boy. Asian marblemouthed boy. Black marblemouthed girl.
WTF? That isn't "cute." Our parents never let us speak babytalk once we learned how to string two sentences together. When I was that age, all the kids who still spoke like KmartKids were forced into speech therapy. Or silence.
- The one for Halos tangerines, which are apparently only for kids. The ads show an adult eating a piece of the forbidden children's fruit and the kid bitches at the parent for having the nerve to touch their special treat.
I'd crush the whole box of the suckers and watch the kid's head explode. I paid for it, shorty!
- Are Halos and Cuties from the same brand? They are both advertising as only for kids. Why would kids want tangerines or Cuties? And why would adults want to give them such messy, sticky food?
- Will Farrell pushing his stupid movie...just go away, you're not funny
- hating those man whores shaking their dirty balls in the Joe Boxer commercial. Disgusting way to teach young men to be whores and to disrespect themselves and their bodies.
- The KMart "gifting out" commercial. Just damn annoying and creepy.
- This is really local to NY - a Brooklyn pawn shop chain has an ad with a bunch of 'street' looking guys rapping and then hitting up the pawn shop.
This ad is ghetto personified -- it has no budget. I cringe when the guys walk into the pawn shop and gleefully telling how they "get paper!"
- Update for the dopey Glade mentioned in R191: in the ad now they changed the copy to "Stop and smell the roses." They got ripped to shreds in the comments section for the ad at Youtube. I wonder if anyone got fired.
- Those ads for Papa John's new double cheeseburger pizza. #1) Papa John himself gives me the creeps with his dead-eyed smile and shaped eyebrows.
I also despise how those blonde twin girls say "double cheeseburger" with some weird Eastern European accent.
- A commercial for I think ATT; couldn't even tell you because the commercial is so stupid that I don't even notice who the client is. Rep in the cell phone store is telling a family they can get however many gigs of shared data for however many dollars per month, and then the whole family plus the agent all go "Yup! Yup! Yup! Yup! Yup!" I just don't get whatever cleverness there that I'm missing out on.
- Robot Flo. It makes me want to hurt somebody.
- The Mercury Insurance ads make no sense. Two agents teleport in and a guy teleports out. He teleports back in beachwear and says "What'd I miss?" In another commercial he is popping packing bubbles and says "I love this stuff!" Is he supposed to be the dumb airhead? Are they trying to create a Flo character?
- Different permutations of relatives stressing over dishwashing results.
- There's an ad for Twisted Tea that makes me turn off the radio during my commute. The female in the voice over has seriously forced vocal fry, and when she says "you need a little KICK," she pronounces it "Gkick." She sounds like one those women who refers to herself as a "cute girl." This radio spot makes me think the Snapple lady wasn't so bad.
- The ones with the stupid women who have never been on the internet. They are ad council PSAs so they are on every hour. Every day. For weeks.
- All TMZ commercials with the over-excited announcer, talking fast and manic and making bad puns.
- I hate the Triscuit ad where they pronounce it "Trisk-ay". Stupid and annoying.
Worst ad ever is 1-877-carsfor kids. My husband listens to CBS news radio in the morning and I put my fingers over my ears when that ad comes on.
- "Papa John himself gives me the creeps with his dead-eyed smile and shaped eyebrows."
I fucking hate Papa John (or whatever the hell his real name is)
- The Brit Bitch who thinks she can get away with saying "bum" in reference to peoples' dirty, shit-smeared assholes just because she's British and they say "bum" instead of dirty, shit-smeared asshole. She's selling toilet paper, of course.
- [quote]The Brit Bitch who thinks she can get away with saying "bum"
But she can get away with it, R279. And she has.
- All those insurance guys under attack that have to repeat the magic words so they are transported to the "safe" environment of the insurance office (oh the irony). And I can't even remember the phrase, so the ad's not working...
He went to Jared (hate all of them - and any reference to frauleins who shriek when they show off engagement rings)...
The stupid kid who leaves notes to his dad to get the gogurt - really? Though I wouldn't mind gettting Dad's personal milk delivered.
- Those commercials for catheters. As if it wasn't off-putting enough to watch Grampa talk about how much easier they go in, but they also have to demonstrate.
- Mira Kunis in those Jim Beam whiskey commercials, where it's set like she works in the plant. Fuck off!
- I don't even remember the product (so it's not effective) but the unfunny "I'm a psychic" guy. He almost looks CGI: he's creepy looking especially when he rolls his eyes back.
- IIRC, the Psychic jerk is from the Time Warner ads featuring a coach?
I can't stand the current IKEA ad, when the guy comes home from college (?) to visit his parents, they are gushing over their new IKEA kitchen.
Then he asks where his room is, they explain how they needed some of his room to expand their glorious new kitchen. C'mon, who has a bedroom, in a house no less, right next to the kitchen? It's a completely stupid commercial.
- [quote]Different permutations of relatives stressing over dishwashing results.
I think you are referring to the Swiffer ads? The first one featured the old Jewish couple, the second ad featured what appeared to be either Greek or Italian women from Long Guyland and the third, the interracial California couple, the husband has no arm.
The Liquid Plumber ads still continue to be hilarious and obviously sexual. I can't believe they got away with the initial ad in this series, with the two guys and the woman.
- ALL OF THEM.
That's why I got the Hopper from DISH. I skip all that shit now. It's fantastic.
- There are commercials for some allergen repellent that are totally repellent to me. They show little bits of flowers and other flora flying up and clinging to the nose of the people who are allergic to such things.
Ugh, I wind up brushing at my own nose to get that stuff off of me.
- [quote]That's why I got the Hopper from DISH.
Ad that fucking Hopper TV ad to the list of grating commercials!
"The HOPPER, THE HOPPER" repeated ad nauseum....hearing those weird Boston accents repeating that over and over again makes me want to puke!
- R289 LOL LOL LOL...but really, ignore the annoying commercial & get the Hopper. It's totally worth it.
- The Zyrtec commercial where the allergic woman sitting in an auditorium does a silent sneeze, only to have the older woman sitting in front of her turn around and give her a nasty look. I always expect Sneezy to say "Fuck you bitch".
- The ones when the people complain about having to take pain reliever pills throughout the day, as if that was sooooooo hard to do, that it was unbearable.
The creepy guy at the book club who's selling coffee. He's a straight guy's idea of a hot got. And he's not hot.
The "cute" little girl with the speak impediment who shills for the singles web site. Also creepy. I turn that one off every chance I get.
I don't mind Flo, who sells insurance,
- I hate the ones for the La Quinta Inn
- I once worked with a black woman who named her oldest daughter "LaQuinta" because she said that's where the child was conceived.
They called her "Keeta."
- Jesus, god, that damned hopper commercial is beyond grating.
That damn Filet 'O Fish commercial. Damn to the darkest pit of hell whomever made up that jingle.
- That insurance commercial where the guy with good insurance is immediately saved by his insurance agent and the one with bad insurance gets the "help" of his mother waiting on the phone. "Hey, it's grandma!" says the man's kid. "I know who it is," sighs the man. "Five callers ahead of us, Jimmy" quavers the old lady. His attitude and lack of appreciation for her help pisses me off and I miss my mother. It's depressing and I always have to change the channel.
- The AT&T realtors. "Let's close."
- The Progressive Auto Insurance commercials, particularly the dude that SCREAMS into the microphone. I would never buy a product from them because of the commercial - for real!
- "GO CRESTOR!!!!"
Wow, that guy is annoying and while he is prancing through the house cheerleading for Crestor, his family just shrugs and rolls their eyes.
I'm embarrassed for the actor that they make him look like such an asshole.
- E-Insurance, the old woman who says "I saved more than that in NAFF the time." That "naff the time" bitch has been torturing Investigation Discovery viewers from months now. What an annoying mispronunciation, and she says it so loud too.
- [quote]I don't mind Flo, who sells insurance,
I grown to love Flo.
- [quote]Different permutations of relatives stressing over dishwashing results.
[quote]I think you are referring to the Swiffer ads? The first one featured the old Jewish couple
Uh, no. I didn't realize Swiffer is used to wash dishes.
- The Pellegrino commercial that shows 3 obnoxious Italians breaking into a hotel kitchen in Shanghai and stealing food and Pellegrino. The tagline is "Live Italian". So you're saying Italians steal and we should steal Pellegrino?
- The one for Little Caesar's pizza, with the bizarro Mexican band playing something about "bite bite, sip sip". This ad creeps me out.
All those musicians look like they don't have any idea what's going on, that their families are being held hostage and they are being forced to smile and sing.
- R304 = racist.
- Consumer Cellular. The people on the commercial are so cheap and are always looking for things to do that don't cost any money, like walking in the woods and staring at trees. They go to a market and only want to pay for half a basket of vegetables. You know people like this in real life and you keep your distance from them.
- [quote]So you're saying Italians steal and we should steal Pellegrino?
Italians are horrid people.
- R306 The wife is a bitch, too. Kept waiting for hubby to push her pushy, nagging ass over the edge of the Grand Canyon.
- The Fiat desert commercial. "Welcome to SOIREE!"
- R309 hates black people.
- I hate them all.
I won't do business with a company, store, or business that advertises.
Not one red cent.
- Yes to 304 and 306
Hate Geico and Progressive commercials both
The only good Flo one is the one in the rain with the hot wet guy whose nipples show through his shirt
also sick of the stupid Progresso ring ring commercial
- The Geico pig
- I used to like the geico pig , but now I'm over it.
- I unfriend you, R300.
- The one for Exedrin where the couple is in bed; the woman has taken an Exedrin and pronounces that her headache is gone. Her husband quick shuts off the light and rolls towards her like "I'm getting some now!". She turns the light back on and says "don't even think about it".
Kinda funny and kinda tacky.
- The Hopper commercial features an animated, stuffed kangaroo with an Aussie accent. Ugh!
Just saw the Pellegrino ad for the first time earlier this week. It is quite weird. Three hot guys make dinner and have . . . PELLIGRINO??!! Should have been a commercial for wine or pasta or something Italian.
- Ugh, I'm staring to hate the dumb guy from the Sonic commercials.
What a fucking moron.
- I'm another one that hates that Time-Warner psychic commercial. I always have to quickly mute it.
I usually only do that when there is something like screaming, screeching or bad music going on.
It isn't the noise level of the T-W commercial, just the imbecilic dialogue.
- Who is the guy in all of the Time Warner ads a famous football coach? Because he's a really bad actor and not much to look at.
I saw a commercial where the bitchy brown M&M voiced by Vanessa Williams was trying to buy insurance from the Geico lizard. So fucking stupid.
- I must live on another planet because other than the Geico commercials, I don't recognize any of these.
Typing from Uranus
- R320, that's former Steelers Coach, Bill Cohwer.
JB, Dan, Shannon and Boomer from NFL Today
- Oops, make that CoWHer. Spelled his name wrong.
- Those ads with Gary Oldman shilling phones. Both ads are tedious and ponderous, shot in dark surroundings to try for cool. In one he keeps repeating "blah blah blah", and in the other he stares silently at the camera for long seconds. Snore!
- The smoker lady with the amputated fingers. Timed perfectly to coincide with my morning cigarette.
In the car, all I have to hear is the opening bars of "1-800 Cars for Kids..." and the station is changed.
- David's first potty
- Cindy Crawford's skincare infomercial. It makes me cringe with embarrassment.
- R327 agreed, the part where she calls up her fan is so wooden and pretentious that I just want to slap her.
- The Microsoft commercials with Sara Bareilles warbling "Honestly--I wanna see you be brave", or, this years "Somebody left the gate open!"
- The EHarmony commercial with the founder's straight-from-central casting "granddaughter" rattling off the site's statistics like the trained parrot she is.
- There is a ad here in New Orleans that is being ran during EVERY COMMERCIAL BREAK. It's targeting Sen. Mary Landrieu and is paid for by the Koch Bros. This nasty "nice" cunt says, "People don't like politicals ads. I don't like them either, but healthcare isn't about politics. It's about PEOPLE. Blah, blah, lie, blah, lie, lie, blah." She ends with, "Obamacare doesn't work. It just does not work."
- Whatever that commercial is for Shaun T's fat frau workout. "You don't have to do situps to get great abs! SAAAAAY WHAAAAT" cut to Shaun T greased up like a rodeo pig while fraus spastically flail in the background trying to keep up. Yeah, he's got a nice body but the commercials are on non-stop and and I've had it. Wish he'd fuck off already.
- The eHarmony ad with the couple that sneak away from the party to get it on and then we see the founder speaking in what appears to be the same room they are in is disturbing.
- The commercial with the Quirky Girl singing an insipid jingle that she's supposedly making up as she describes what she's doing. Makes me want to push her out a window.
- I can't stand the sound of John Corbett's voice. He's the voiceover for every Walgreen's commercial that ends "at the corner of 'I sound like such a horse's ass' and 'you want to stick your TV up my ass'". I could shop at Walgreen's, but I don't because of this annoying asshole.
- Nespresso ad with Penelope Cruz. She serves some hipster guy a cup. He asks "what's this foam" and she says "it's coffee crema".
What the fuck is coffee crema and where did it come from? Is it magic - does it just appear on top of the coffee? Do you buy it somewhere? Vague answer bullshit.
- Think this is local (NY) ad for a law firm - one of those "did you slip on some ice? Call us!" firms.
They have this woman talking to the camera how the firm handled the case of her son who was shot by cops. OMG This woman is a monster! Picture Biggie Smalls as a 60 year old woman. She has stringy, thin hair held by a head band. Her eyes are set in with dark circles and sag down like a basset hound. She speaks like she's mentally impaired and has lung congestion.
Why would a business choose to use this person.
Oh jesus, I found a picture!
- She is nightmare inducing. Is that some medical condition or genetic disorder? Is she blind on top of everything else?
- I'm amused by the ads with the beautiful 50- and 60-something women posing like Tawny Kitaen for the post-menopause vagina strengthening pills. Instead of all those billowing white curtains and arched backs, all I can picture when I see them is Jerri Blank giving herself a few quick slaps between the legs and exclaiming, "Now I'm like a catcher's mitt down there!"
- R333 I think the general consensus is that eHarmony ads are the most cringe-worthy ads ever created. Does anyone actually use eHarmony except stalkers and other creepy people?
R337 I have to go scrub my eyeballs. That is horrific.
R339 I thought the Viagra/Cialis commercials were vomit inducing, but those vagina commercials are worse.
- There are women all over the boner pill commercials but no men in the vagina rejuvination commercials. Hm.
Is there a term for pseudo-folky music sung by a quirky white girl-woman strumming a guitar or tinkling on a piano? I'm thinking of that Sara Barelles "I Wanna See You Be Brave" song or anything sung by Zoe Deshanel. Because that shit, whatever it's called, has got to stop.
- I must watch better TV than some of you, or not as much. I see boner pill commercials only infrequently, and vagina pill commercials never.
- R342 It's not a vagina pill, it a vagina cream. No word on if it comes with a knuckle for application. Watch daytime talk shows and you'll see the commercials non-stop
- That Axion low-T commercial with the scruffy dipshit with the dead dingle.
I laugh at the TV: "Face it, Clyde! No one wants your worm anymore even if you can jumpstart it with that shit!
"At your stage of life, your job is just to pay for everything connected to your family operation.
"That's it -- the fucking's over for you!"
- [quote]Watch daytime talk shows
Yeah, eh, that's not likely to happen.
- Hating this Citizens Bank commercial which seems to play all the time in the Philly area.
- [quote]Is there a term for pseudo-folky music sung by a quirky white girl-woman strumming a guitar or tinkling on a piano?
Or, in the instance attached, played on a ukulele.
[quote]I'm thinking of that Sara Barelles "I Wanna See You Be Brave" song or anything sung by Zoe Deshanel. Because that shit, whatever it's called, has got to stop.
- [quote]I'm thinking of that Sara Barelles "I Wanna See You Be Brave" song
For the longest time, I thought she sang "I want to see your big brains"
I hate that damn song that's used on countless commercials, the latest being Value City Furniture, or as it's known locally, Very Cheap Furniture
- The Honey Nut Cheerios commercial with the black chef who tried to change the bee's outfit and voice. He wants to get fucked by the bee's honey wand.
- The KFC commercials with the jittery camera jump cuts supposed to look like shitty homemade facebook videos
- Any commercial which tries to look like amateur footage. There's one in particular for dental products (rinse or something) and the featured perky girl is so annoying.
- R351 are you talking about the toothpaste commercial where "unbeknownst to ____" their shitty toothpaste is switched with the advertised shittier toothpaste, then are "surprised" candid camera style to catch their reactions?
Everyone on those commercials should be beaten.
- R352, the commercial I'm talking about features only one younger woman who says things to the camera like "my dental hygienist is always telling me I need to take better care of my teeth, so I tried [product] for a week and LOOK at the results! Won't SHE be surprised!". And then the woman is shown leaving an office and gloats about what a great check-up she had and then name checks the product again.
- The Swiffer commercial with Mr. One Arm. He comes across as a critical, judgmental asshole to his family.
- R349, that's not a "black chef." That's rapper Nelly!
Have you never heard his song, "Must Be the Money"?
- R349 lives in a retirement home in Arizona so no, he's never heard of Nelly or that song.
- The new Crestor commercial with the chubby guy in orange dancing around like a moron.
The puppy is cute and when he's laying on his stomach with his ankles crossed talking on the phone like a teenaged girl from the '50s is worth a chuckle. The rest is cringeworthy.
- Yes, that guy is really nelly. Don't know if he's a rapper or not. If he's not a chef, why was he wearing a chef's coat in the kitchen?
- The Cosmopolitan commercial with Original Don always wakes me up in a panic when I've fallen asleep with the TV on.
- The idiotic Toaster Strudel commercial, with the 10 y/o (maybe) kid sitting at a kitchen table, complaining about "worst morning, ever"...who then gets said strudel from a Hitler Youth in lederhosen...
I wish someone would start a thread about this, as I was cracking up when I saw it...I couldn't believe it was for real at first. There's a new "ailment" out there, seems right up there with fibromyalgia...
It's PBA...Pseudo Bulbar Affect. Ppl who have it, laugh or cry uncontrollably at inappropriate times. And there's evidently medication for it already (imagine that).
- R354 I am right there with you though I just hate his twee hipster-ness, especially his line about the swiffers being dust magnets just like his kids.
- The ones for some neurological condition that causes people to laugh or cry uncontrollably. They have slo-mo shots of people in the throes of tears or laughter that are scary. Another thing I hope that I never get.
- The new Sprint commercials centering around 'fRamily.'
Which raises a serious question: Does anyone actually use Sprint as their carrier?
- R362: It's called Pseudo Bulbar Affect...even has it's own catchy acronym, PBA...and there are even meds for it already...
- When I first saw that commercial, R36, I thought it was a parody. So odd.
I hate that Payless commercial where the girl rips off the Molly Shannon SNL "I love it, I love it!" character and uses a really bizarre voice in order to do so.
- Forgot one: Those suddenly completely ubiquitous Non-24 commercials with the blind people.
- The "Tena Twist" commercials with all the fat fraus & their urinary issues, doing the twist. I half expect at least one of them will drop a dookie right there on screen.
- Direct TV, where two guys are saying how much they hate (cable) wires, then one guys wife comes into the room and she' a marionette with strings. Suddenly the friend is backpedaling like crazy. It's just dumb.
- Any commercial that uses that horrible, annoying song "Best Day of My Life."
- W&W R367 but don't give them any ideas for future commercials
- [quote] There's a new "ailment" out there, seems right up there with fibromyalgia.
And Chronic Dry Eye. And Low-T. And the new favorite, Desiccated Vagina
- Like a sound you hear that lingers in your ear but you can't forget from sunrise to sunset.
- I just saw that unsettling commercial R368 - it was beyond creepy.
- The ones with Gary Busey screaming his name at the camera. He is a mess and his teeth are so bad.
- [quote]There's a new "ailment" out there, seems right up there with fibromyalgia.
[quote]And Chronic Dry Eye. And Low-T. And the new favorite, Desiccated Vagina
The eye drop commercial with the woman who has chronic dry eye and says "My doctor said I had a medical condition. That's a serious problem". I always think to myself, "Yeah, ranks right up there with cancer".
- Agreed R374 Except that his teeth are fine, but I don't know how he keeps them in his mouth with no gums
- I hate the Trivago commercials. The guy shilling them has a shifty clammy face. He looks like a druggie or alkie who is trying to find a place to crash. NOT an image I want to associate with a nice hotel.
- Random Red Couch
- I hate the California milk commercials with the cow who sounds like a middle-aged cat lady with no social boundaries. "And he had way too many selfies on instagram!" Just so much aggravation.
- I agree r377 The Youtube comments agree as well.
- If the chronic dry eye is caused by Sjögren's syndrome, it is serious. Not cancer-serious; more like lupus-serious.
The Days Inn hair metal ballad commercial is particularly bad.
- The new source of my vitriolic hatred is the Samsung S5 commercials. Blah blah this motherfuckers.
- Every video commercial on YouTube before, in the middle, and after videos.
- Those dumb ones for some Hawaiian rolls, where the people inhale them off the plate and the rolls fly Into their mouths.
- Really, R384? I think it's hilarious.
- Sip, sip.
That's how you do the Mango Tango.
- The subaru ad with the hideous bratty teenager saying "What" at the end.
- I hate W'greens for many reasons-- but I have always hated their commercials b/c of that annoying voice. Now I know who it is. Sounds like some idiot who is high.
Hate Flo and that stupid gecko--so old and tired--dump them both.
I REALLY hate those morons sitting and saying, "Mine was earned in Kuala Lampur" or "Buttf*** Iowa" or whoever--some idiot insurance company that acts like you have to "earn" the right to do business with them--and they have war zones mentioned--so the idiot Bush followers will think, oh, I want to be patriotic so I will buy this!
I also agree about any of the body odor/issue ones.
I LIKE the one for some product where the guy applies it under his arm to improve his potency--a hot daddy!
- The new AT&T commercials have me missing Beck Bennett and the kids.
- This one.
Which perfectly captures the shittiness smug ad agency hipsters are capable of inflicting on the rest of us.
- R390 That made me laugh but it was just the first time I saw it. I imagine repeated viewings will induce rage
- [quote]The new AT&T commercials have me missing Beck Bennett and the kids.
Why is Beck not doing more ads? Is he too busy doing nothing on SNL?
- Those awful car ads with Ricky Gervais. Trying for edgy but really annoying.
- For R386:
Do the new Deep Dish Combo Mambo
The Trumpet Player in the Band
- Weight Watchers with Sharon Osborne looking like a wax figure, talking to a bird about how delicious her WW meals are.
What horrible marketing.
- Must be TERRIBLE marketing, R395. The commercial is for the Atkins diet and its products.
Anyone see the new Jenny Craig commercial with DL fav Kirstie Alley? She's wearing a very light pastel blue dress with ruching(?) in all the wrong places. Did they want her to look an Easter Jabba the Hut so that her weight loss (AGAIN!) will look dramatic?
I found it interesting that JC started advertising again. I've been inundated with Marie Osmond shilling for NutriSystem and Sharon Osborne shilling for Atkins. I was wondering what happened to Jenny!
- I've seen someone with Pseudo Bulbar Affect (the laughing kind). He was sort of adorable and the laughter was infectious, but the poor guy was exhausted, you could tell. Imagine having gut-busting laughter every time you had to speak with someone.
Back to commercials...I hate the Trivago guy, too. I agree that he looks like a substance abuser who got his belt taken away in lock-up. The husband says he's why you don't lie down on the comforters.
- HONESTLY!! I WANT TO SEE YOU BE BRAVE!!!
(formerly know as SOMEBODY LEFT THE GATE OPEN!!!)
- Yeah, that Nespresso ad is really dumb. A sullen woman is holding Penelope Cruz in a room and making her serve bad coffee to strangers one at a time.
The woman seems jealous or something, so why let anyone interact with PC? So dumb.
- The one for Subaru with the father teaching his two horrible sons how to drive. The dad is a saint, but those two brats need a slap.
- R400, are you kidding? The boys are adorable. I wonder if they like to swim.
- R354 I don't know why, but I find that guy HOT. He can sweep my place anytime!
- Japanese commercials are the best. The are not always crazy, but always creative.
German commercials are almost always terribly boring. Same for the uk, restom Europe and NA.
Swedish commercials are by far the worst, they look like they were all made by the same person using Final Cut Pro templates.
American and Canadian commercials are between Swedish and rest of Europe.
Chinese infomercials are hilariously stupid and funny.
Korean commercials have become too westernised, but there is an occasional good one.
- Can not stand the McDonald's random red couch commercial.
- r297 mentioned it: AT&T ad with the frau realtors and the faggy moron. I want to throw things at the TV.
- Wanted to ask if anyone's seen this "commercial" yet...
It's about 15 seconds long, it appears to be filmed with a home video camera for that kind of Blair Witch Project/Cloverfield look..ppl in a living room at a party, someone opens the apt. door & the hallway has dozens of rats running around. Then it just ends...
Anyone seen it? Any idea what it's about?
- Currently in heavy rotation on the MLB channel: "I'm Tony Siracusa and I'm teaching guys who leak a little to guard their manhood!!!" The voice is horribly loud and grating and all the manliness in the world doesn't disguise the fact that he's selling pantiliners for men.
- Couple of hours ago, saw a DISGUSTING commercial (on Animal Planet or GSN - yes, I have no life) - for mini Teena or"Poise" pads. Can't remember the product exact name, but it was some double-entendre; a woman on a plane talking to seatmates; saying she had ".....in her pants."
THEN: she TAKES OUT A (dry, thank GOD!) mini-Teena (for incontinence, if anyone is lucky enough NOT to know what these are) pad and shows it to people!!!
Gross, gross, gross (and I'm a woman, BTW.)
- ALL HAIL FRAUS! ALL HAIL THE V!
- R400, do you think the twins have sex with each other?
- New one for tortilla Pringles. The people are off-putting and so's their eating.
- That Car something.com commercial is my current pet peeve. The one with the music thst sounds like what you would hear on a loop under anesthesia. The Asian dad says "It's the truth!" and one of his bimbo daughters giggles like an idiot.
- The Breakfast Fairy commercial. He's so hot!
- Thank God people mentioned the Trivago guy. He totally creeps me out.
- The new Kohl's commercial with the little girl learning how to ride a bike and she and her mother SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER when she does it on her own. Oh God. My bleeding ears.
- this one for MADD
- They show this Wells Fargo commercial to death around here. There's nothing really awful about it other than how often they show it. Maybe they love the girl's big afro and guitar.
[quote]The one for Subaru with the father teaching his two horrible sons how to drive. The dad is a saint, but those two brats need a slap.
This is one of the few commercials I actually like, I think the twins are realistic and cute.
- r407, that sounds hilariously awful.
- I hate that commercial r417 It is forgettable up until the last shot when they have one of those fake movie/commercial scenes were the couple say two different things to the banker (he says motorcycle and she says remodel) So they just decided to go to the bank together but didn't bother to discuss with each other what their loan would be used for? Come on honey let's drive down to the bank and ask for a loan!
- Haha R419, I always tune out that commercial when it comes on so I didn't even notice what was going on with the couple at the end, but you're right, it's ridiculous.
- Meineke commercial with the annoying little...girl? Boy? "This is a dipstick!" *giggle giggle* "Dipstick..."
I guess I wouldn't hate that commercial if they didn't run it every. Freaking. Break.
- This may have been said earlier in the thread, but who still watches live TV? I record anything of interest on the DVR and fast forward through commercials.
- Apple's latest hipster-ific ad for the iPhone 5s:
"Gigan-tic! Gigan-tic! Gigan-tic! A big, big--load(?)!"
- I was going to mention that one R423 too but I figured someone else would eventually. It's just that annoying.
- I hate, hate, hate Sprint's Framily commercials.
- Agreed! Not only are the commercials themselves annoying, the portmanteau "framily" is stupid as sh*t.
- "This may have been said earlier in the thread, but who still watches live TV?"
Most of America. Check the statistics.
- Not just one commercial per se, but I can't that little brunette actress with the high pitched voice. She seems to be in almost every commercial these days.
- One for a travel site, where the teacher is in front of the class and has carved the hair on the back of his head to look like a face, so he can teach class while he checks his PC for travel bargains. It's creepy.
- [quote]I hate, hate, hate Sprint's Framily commercials.
I've seen this commercial a dozen times and I still don't get it. The dad is Beck Bennett's friend from SNL but the little girl also calls her hamster Dad? What the hell is going on?
- Those Framily ads also feature the voice of Andrew Dice Clay as the talking hamster. So random....
- Truecar.com. That music in it is driving me to drink. They always play those commercials during breaks on the BBC World News Channel. That and the one for Sanya, China tourism with that incredibly irritating little boy voice-over.
- The whole, "If you don't buy are stuff something bad (and silly) will happen to you" genre.
- [quote]Direct TV, where two guys are saying how much they hate (cable) wires, then one guys wife comes into the room and she' a marionette with strings. Suddenly the friend is backpedaling like crazy. It's just dumb.
Are you kidding me? That commercial is awesome. Although how does a young hot guy have a son that old already? Did he have him in high school? High school wood shop?
- Where did they get this dirty bum for the Trivago commercial? Looks unbathed. Some cheap filth bag they picked up on skid row. I'm trying to see if he has teeth. How bout those dirty hands? Sickening that someone like this is dispensing advice. Didn't I see this guy in a tent with the occupy movement? I can only image the stench of his filthy oral cavity emanating the foul odor of last nights bottle of bum's wine or the shot of gin they gave it to wake him for the commercial. Fingernail filth? God, what must his dirty hole smell like?
- R423, It's "big, big love" and yes, it's my latest ear worm.
That commercial makes it look like Apple has decided to stop showing how useful iPhones are in the business world and now just pushing hits shitty apps. Other than anarchists, WTF needs a "Launch" app??!! If this is how they are showing the advantage of iPhones over the Samsung Galaxy, good luck with that.
I, too hate "The Framily" ads. They really go to the extreme in showing who can be part of your plan. A Black man is now "Dad" or "Grandpa" and GorDON creeps me the fuck out.
OT but why do some shows still have their characters using Blackberry phones?
Daddy Does Love Brunch
- "I'm K-A-T-E and I have C-O-P-D."
- god, those ads with the marionette wife and kid are beyond creepy
- See R406:
Has anyone else seen this creepy commercial, besides me?
Very curious as to what it might be about...
- That guy in the TriVago commercial is named Tim Williams. He is American born but now lives in Germany. He is a muscian there.
Please don't flame me, But I think he is gorgeous! I just don't see why everyone thinks he's gross. He is one DILF who I'd hump into the middle of next week.
Okay, if you must flame me at least be gentle about.
- That birth control commercial where the dog humps the black gf's leg for about a minute
They show the table shaking, the stupid ass unware bf still eating his dinner.... GAG
Unbelievably bad. I can never get to the remote fast enough!
- I just saw that one R395, and it's pretty bad.
But, not revolting, like the one I just discussed.
- It's a regional commercial for some lame shithole community college called "Southern Career's Institute".
There's a whole series of them with a bunch of Hispanic women shrieking "I GOT THE JOB! I GOT THE JOB! I GOT THE JOB!"
And it's on ten thousand times a week here in Austin.
- Lame ass KFC commercials.
- What is up with that Apple "gigantic, big,big load" song!?! It's on constantly! And what does it even mean?
- Ha! That commercial is for Windows. Dumbass.
- Yeah, that "Giant" commercial is on so often it's become obnoxious. Never mind EVERYTHING they show in that movie that an iPhone can supposedly do requires significantly expensive additional hardware and specialized software... so it's deeply misleading as well.
- Maybe you should get your hjead out of your ass.
- [quote]What is up with that Apple "gigantic, big,big load" song!?! It's on constantly! And what does it even mean?
How could you not know what a gigantic big big load means? Are you on depression medication? Are you old? Do you cum dust?
- Dear Big, Big Load Person,
Next time that commercial starts, hit the closed captioning button on your remote.
- The "Old Spice" commercials where retarded middle aged mothers are crying because their sons are dating REAL girls.
They blame Old Spice for turning their sons into men who aren't still on the teet.
- I really hate that commerical that uses "Gigantic" by the Pixies. One of my favorites and its about a big black cock!
- The commercial for AT&T where the couple go in to buy a new phone plan and then hush the girl who tries to help them because they are toting around a sleeping infant. STAY HOME!!
- That Apple commercial needs to die in a fire, my god, I don't think I've ever hated a song, and a commercial that fast.
After seeing it, maybe twice, I loathe and despise it.
I mute it immediately.
Those Sprint commercials are annoying and dumb.
- So the big big load is about a big black cock?
- [quote] STAY HOME!!
Entitled cunts who thinks the world needs to bend to them. Were they walking through the mall telling everyone to shush before they reached the AT&T store? AT&T thinks this is cute. Fuck them. They got rid of Beck Bennett for this shit??
- R453 - the other baby commercial for Toyota where the couple gets so excited, they whoop for joy and wake up their sleeping infant. And speaking of Toyota commercials, did I really see one with a pregnant Jan?
- R445 and R455
Gigantic by the Pixies
And this I know his teeth as white as snow
What a gas it was to see him
Walk her everyday into a shady place
With her lips she said
She said, "Hey Paul, hey Paul, hey Paul
Let's have a ball
Hey Paul, hey Paul, hey Paul
Let's have a ball
Hey Paul, hey Paul, hey Paul
Let's have a ball"
Gigantic, gigantic, gigantic
A big, big love
Gigantic, gigantic, gigantic
A big, big love
Lovely legs there are
What a big Black mass, what a hunk of love
He'll walk her every day into a shady place
Like the dark, but I'd want him
She said, "Hey Paul, hey Paul, hey Paul
Let's have a ball
Hey Paul, hey Paul, hey Paul
Let's have a ball
Hey Paul, hey Paul, hey Paul
Let's have a ball"
Gigantic, gigantic, gigantic
A big, big love
Gigantic, gigantic, gigantic
A big, big love
Gigantic, gigantic, gigantic
A big, big love
Gigantic, gigantic, gigantic
A big, big love
Gigantic, gigantic, gigantic
A big, big love
A big, big love
A big, big love
A big, big love
- It's still crap, R458.
- I hate the bitch on the Home Advisor commercial who whines "I need lights put up, I need lamps put up, who's gonna do that?" What a moron.
- Another vote for the Sprint Framily commercials. From the Hamster in a ball, the French speaking girl, the Bro with the Fro, the geeky QIT boy with the awful southern accent..it's awful. But, you remember it is a Sorint commercial, and that is their goal.
- At least those Apple commercials have stopped. They went back to Robin Williams waxing poetic.
- Dear god in heaven those Direct TV commercials with those marionettes??
Creepy as fuck!
They are horrid, nightmare-inducing abominations.
- Pregnant Jan. Who's the babydaddy?
- The Home Goods commercials with the bitchy old-timey voiceover about how to set up your home.
- Ugh, that Discover Card commercial!
- Sorry, got it wrong, the blonde bitch in the Home Advisor commercial actually says "I need fans put up, I need lights put up, who's gonna do that?" And right after her there's the red haired lady describing what she had done but always looks down never at the camera.
- The testosterone ads! Androgel etc. Ugh! That dopey music in the backround as the middle aged couple wink at each other. Annoying.
- There is a car ad (Mazda?) they show at least three times during "Mad Men." The spokesperon would be handsome except for his weird teeth.
- The "painful sex after menopause" ads. Geeez. Isn't that something a woman discusses with her doctor? No one cares to hear about your sandpaper snatch, granny.
- Two that may be local to SoCal:
Like a sound you hear that lingers in your ear...California Sooooouuul (some kind of car commercial)
I love you California, you're the greatest state of aaaallll (sung in a pinched 1930s style vocal - not sure what it's advertising)
Both were fine the first two hundred million times they aired but good Christ ENOUGH!
- No way would this guy want grandma- "cougar" or not.
- Apparently car dealers in California are convinced that people will be AMAZED that a vehicle can get them to the beach AND the mountains. Astounding!!
- Those freakin' Restatis commercials for "chronic dry eyes". Some dewy-eyed fembot posing as a doctor speaks in very quiet, lilting tones--as if she's about to dissolve into a puddle of tears herself!
Speak up, bitch!
- R463," I didn't say it was weird, I said it was not-weird.
You are right, that commercial is the worst on tv
- [quote]The testosterone ads! Androgel etc. Ugh! That dopey music in the backround as the middle aged couple wink at each other. Annoying.
I always refer to those bluesy riffs they play in the low T and ED commercials as "You're about to get some old cock!" music.
- The Red Cross commercials/quasi-PSAs for the Heimlich Maneuver with the painfully dim-witted, mumble-mouthed little blonde girl who says something like, "My mom is the one who performed the Ham...Hammerler Manooover." She then continues to regale us with a tale of the elderly choking on meat and how frightened her baby brother was. Choking on Red Robin steak is bad, yes, and expelling the foreign object is good, but that little girl...I just want to slap her until she can say, "Heimlich."
- Hating all of those Gold Bond commercials with Shaq. He's smarmy and creepy looking while smiling and shimmying his shoulders cause he's so happy to be using body powder that stings.
- "I'm H-A-T-E and I have C-O-P-D."
"I'm B-A-R-F and I have C-O-P-D."
- Exede internet. I want them both dead.
The cheerios commercial with the little girl "Now I'm going to go back to being a kid"
The medicare advantage commercial Old man: "I took out the garbage" Condescending old crone: "I know and thank you so much for that"
All the Low T/limp dick prescription ads show men having a good time and all the women's dry crotch ads showing sad women and flowers
- The Credit Karma commercial with the two friends on the bench and the one annoying one going, "I know my uhhhhh...and my uhhhhh....but I don't know my credit score."
- I've come to despise that Toyota lady (pregnant eating ice cream and hot peppers, etc.).
- All of them. Netflix is my new buddy.
- I have come to hate the damn Eggland's Best ad with the fraus repeating "It's EB!" and then the ugly kid at the end with the dog whistle voice grates my last nerve. It wasn't annoying until CBS started playing it non-stop.
- Saw this on late night TV over the weekend. Me & the other half couldn't stop laughing...
Who here has seen the short infomercial with the chubby frau, selling her DUMP CAKES & DUMP DINNERS cookbooks?!
"Hey, honey, welcome home! I'm in the kitchen dumping out your dinner & dessert!"
That has to be the worst branding I have ever heard...
- I am strangely fascinated by that commercial R485.
The whole idea seems hideous and yet I am kind of curious as to how some of them turn out.
Perhaps it's nostalgia. My mother was not gifted in the kitchen.
- LOL R485 That one is hilarious, I love that woman. She does the equally cheesy XPress thing. I could watch those all night (Chronic insomnia.....)
- Is that the same lady whose grandkids LOVE pancakes with cut up hot dog pieces in them?
- R488 That's here!
Funny thing about the Xpress thing, I see them at yard sales all the time. Anyone actually tried cooking with one? Are they really that bad?
- Empire Life Insurance
Dumb ways to die
- That Coke commercial with the weak, lame, teen version of the song Safe and Sound. Embarrassing.
- The McDonalds commercial with the dad putting in ear plugs when his loud mouth screeching harpy daughters fly into the room and scream to celebrate their egg mcmuffins.
This is what's wrong with 'merica. Mark my words.
- There's a local commercial running here in Hawaii for Times Supermarkets, where they interview longtime employees. If you didn't know it, you'd swear that the interviewees were SNL creations, right down to the accents, the costumes and what they actually say. MY BF likes to equate them to actual SNL alumni. The first guy is a Fred Armisen stand-in, the second guy is a Jason Sudeikis wannabe, and the third lady could be played by current SNLer Nasim Pedrad.
When this TV ad finally gets to YouTube, I'll post it.
- The truck commercials with the dueling "California" songs--Jeep Grand Cherokee with "I Love You California" and Dodge Ram with "California Soul" (a song I used to like until that commercial started airing practically on a loop).
- Apple is annoying me once again.
WTF is that "chicken fat" song??
- The woman blow drying the chicken, so she can get fluffier eggs. WTF?
The voiceover tells her to add 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" to her eggs instead.
The latest ad features the chicken in headphones, listing to the word "fluffy" over and over again! These are some damn stupid and absurd TV commercials.
- Is the fireman in the Hellman's olive oil mayonnaise ad supposed to be gay? I sure get that from the parade remark.
- The KFC ads make me want to drive to the nearest one and burn it to the ground.
- Those cable TV ads with the human-size marionettes and the "no wires" TVs... so creepy (but the guy is hot)
- Here's the story behind that jarring "chicken fat" song.
- That iPhone 5s commercial with the smarmy voice singing "Go, you chicken fat, go." I hate that one.
- [quote]The Credit Karma commercial with the two friends on the bench and the one annoying one going, "I know my uhhhhh...and my uhhhhh....but I don't know my credit score."
Oh, I HATE that one, too. Every time I hear it I remember those old comedy duos from the 50s-60s, like Bob and Ray, May & Nichols, Stiller & Meara, the Smothers Brothers, Rowan & Martin, etc. The patter and cadence are EXACTLY the same.
- The one for Excedrin with the boy spills a box of toys and his little blonde sister shrieks "Quiet! Mom has a headache!".
The kids loud shout and 'I'm-the-boss-of-you' attitude is enough to give ME a headache.
- Any of the bleach commercials featuring the retarded children who take a shit in the bathtub, crap their pants at the playground, etc.
- YES, R504. Those inevitably air while I'm eating. Disgusting.
- I'm one of those kids that used to exercise to that "chicken fat" song in school.
I gotta tell you - it really could get you moving! I don't think we cared one bit about the lyrics. We just thought it was funny.
I hate those Time-Warner commercials with the coach. First off he is an awful actor. I know he's a real coach but I'm sure they could have found another coach that was a better actor than this guy.
Most of them are just so idiotic (the one with the bride? Jesus!) but then, some how - they made that one with the redhead who's asked if she's "settled". She's eyeballing the stud next door and when her fat, doofus husband walks in.
That one is decent. How does that happen? Do they farm them out to different agencies or something?
- [quote]Here's the story behind that jarring "chicken fat" song.
That song does have a "60s musical flop" vibe to it.
- When I first heard that chicken fat song, I recognized Robert Preston's voice and I thought it was from his movie The Music Man. I see from R500 that it was written by the same dude who wrote Music Man. Explains a lot.
- The X-box commercial with Aaron Paul. "YO!"
- Beggin Strips Party Poppers. Can't you just toss the treats in the air? You have to pop them off the top of the container now? How much extra does that cost?
- Everything Apple does is twee and self precious and obnoxious.. and of course insists that you're only meant to buy their products if you're under 30, attractive and live in a large metropolitan area.
Has Apple ever thought to portray a young farmer or perhaps a 'cool' black couple who live in the country or mid-fifties person?
I say this as someone in his late 30 who owns Apple everything (though I'm hardly in their demographic). But after all these years, I'm really ready to start stepping away from their products based on their self adoring, obnoxious, classist advertising campaigns alone.
- [quote]Is the fireman in the Hellman's olive oil mayonnaise ad supposed to be gay? I sure get that from the parade remark.
Duh, he's gay. Did the whole commercial go over your head?
- This chick needs a swift kick in the ass with a pointed shoe.
- The chicken fat thing didn't work on me. I tuned out so early I forgot apple was the product.
- There are two where they yell "goal" for a long time, like in a soccer match - Progressive Insurance and Volkswagon. Makes me want to shoot my television. (I don't mind it during an actual match)
- Sprint - horrible song about living the life of dreams. It's repetitive as shit and goes on and on and on.
- See you around, r511.
We'll alert our competitors that we are releasing you to buy their products.
Best wishes and don't come back.
I hate any commercial with that short brunette in it. It seems she is in every other commercial these days. That high pitched, bird likr voice of hers is vomit inducing!
- I can't believe they are still making commercials with the dialogue "Roll that beautiful bean footage!" as if it's a catchy tag line.
- Awful Geico ad with Kenny Rogers rasping that Gambler song. He looks frightful.
- The Office Max/Office Depot commercial. You now the one. "Whoa! Where'd you get that?" Smug fraus-in-training: Office Max! Office Depot!
Die. Just fucking die.
- The dump cake principle is basically the same as "Cuppa-Cuppa-Cuppa" from [italic]Steel Magnolias.[/italic]
- The AT&T ad for their family talk plan. The ad features a husband, wife and this 2 month old baby. The guy is swaddling the baby in this hipstery baby sling bouncing around enough to give the baby shaken baby syndrome. It kind of looked like he had to go to the bathroom more then he was trying to keep the baby quiet. Also for an ad that is touting the benefits of a family plan, just how many minutes does AT&T envision the 2 month old baby using. It didn't even speak, so how is it supposed to make phone calls or texts, presumably chatting with its baby friends? Such a plan would be useless for just 2 adults, no? Stupid and irritating all around. I think that they were trying to target women with the ad by imply that they make the financial decisions in the household while the guy was tasked with taking care of the kid. The role reversal didn't bother me so much as the presence of the douchey baby sling. No man or women should be seen in public wearing something so stupid looking.
- All of those Toaster Strudel commercials but especially the one with the kid saying "Worst day ever" and then after biting the strudel saying "Best day ever" and you see the food in his mouth. Gross.
- Those yogurt commercial where the fucking idiots make a snack out of paper and eat it.
- There's a lot wrong with this "Wayfair.com" commercial, but why the obvious CGI on the first guy's mouth? Do we really need to see that his lips are forming the words to the stupid jingle?
- R523, I also hate that commercial, but the couple also have two other kids that they gesture to who are old enough to talk on cell phones.
- The Lucky Charms commercial with the woman who discovers her husband has taken all the marshmallows out of the box. "Seriously?" she says, in an oozy, drippy baby voice.
- A local commercial for an auto place called Goldy Auto.
Everybody in this area despises this commercial.
- The Direct TV ads with the cable wires on puppets. HATE IT!
- Agreed, R524.
But the fawn is oh-so adorably cute. I watch the ad just to see it pop up in the window.
Fuck the mouth-breathing tween and young Heinrich Hitler.
- Beggin Strips Party Poppers? Is this some dog orgy enhancer?
- There is a commercial for something that is the result of a blueberry farting and the fart is sucked into a machine and magically made into something you eat or drink. I'm not sure which it is.
When the blueberry farts, you can hear the noise and see the "fumes" wafting from it. I guess it is supposed to be cute.
- R533: Yes! I hate that one too. It's gross. Believe it or not, it's for a line of magic markers.
I also hate the Cottonelle one, with the English chick talking to ppl about their ass-wiping habits. There's just no way to avoid the mental visual that goes with that commercial.
The latest Big Pharma female product (forget the name), with women off-camera talking about how painful it is to fuck with their post-menopausal, dried out twats. MARY !! You can almost hear the labia creaking in the ad.
- R534 and they're all bitch faced with their pursed lips and frown lines. Contrast that with the ED ads with happy smiling men. WTF does that tell you?
- My two least favorite right now:
"That's not a Buick!"
"That's what I TOLD him!"
That old lady makes me want to punch her face.
And then the Aamco commercial where the customer is imitating the sound her car makes and the mechanic is echoing it back. Annoying as fuck.
- [quote] I also hate the Cottonelle one, with the English chick talking to ppl about their ass-wiping habits. There's just no way to avoid the mental visual that goes with that commercial.
Ewwwww. The speed dating one. "How do you wipe your bum?" "With my hands"
- R535: It tells me that I'm very thankful that I like hot men with hard dicks & not frumpy fraus with squeaky dry cunt lips.
- E-Harmony.com with gramps and his cunty little baby- talking granddaughter, who tells everyone that e-harmony has all the hot babes. No mention of the hot dudes. How sexist!
- [quote]I hate any commercial with that short brunette in it. It seems she is in every other commercial these days. That high pitched, bird likr voice of hers is vomit inducing!
Did she play Janet in Three's Company?
- Gerber baby college fund
- The Toyota commercial with people driving and yelling out the window "Only Toyota has the smartest value on the road." The first guy has a gross 70s porntasche that just screams douche. Is that guy serious with that creepy look?
The second guy can't even commit to his line and it trails off at the end. He's in a car with his wife and teenage daughter yet he looks to be in his 20s or 30s. Did they have the daughter when he was 10? Or is that actually his second wife?
- No R40. That was Joyce DeWitt. I don't know the name of this bitch, but I wish she would just go away!
- NY region:
"Where's Roscoe?" "Where's Roscoe?" "Donde esta Roscoe?"
- The stupid Nissan Altima commercial with the salarymen neighbors racing to get home to the 'burbs.
Heaven help any little kids playing in the street as they race through their neighborhood.
And those Nissan Altimas are Douchemobiles, despite this ad's attempt to make them somehow "cool."
- The car insurance commercial with the bear shouting SWITCH AND SAVE
I keep hoping the black guy in the Kia runs him over
- Hate, hate, HATE the "Credit Karma" commercial. Those 2 girls are plain; the one with the glasses is f--king RETARDED acting.I wonder if they're even professional actors.
- I mentioned those before, R547. The one with the glasses is vocal fry incarnate. Can't take it.
- Shawn from State Farm and the screechy wife saying "We'll she sounds hideous!"
- The Silk Vanilla Almond Milk where the guy is afraid to taste it, finally decides to, and then fills up a huge tumbler with it to "taste" even though he thinks he's not going to like it.
- Almost every car commercial these days are bad. The latest one is the one modeled after a summer action blockbuster.
- The phone commercial with that "living the life of dreams dreams dreams" song results in an immediate channel change for me.
- TruBiotics. Erin Andrews and her constant mispronouncing of the word gut can go fuck themselves with a cactus.
It works in your GOT.
No Erin, you bimbo, it doesn't.
- The ones with raspy voiced ghetto-tastic Neicy Nash, for some car company. I hate her "sassy" persona but I give her props for getting into ads for a national sponsor.
- Those creepy MediFast commercials where the "before" version talks to the "after" and cries about how beautiful the "after" looks - BUT HOW DO THEY KNOW???
- The Lipozene commercial with LaToya, raving on & on about how she "don't have time to go to no gym", but she's "almost back to her HS weight".
While wearing bad drag & a greasy-looking, cheap weave .
God only knows what that Lipozene shit really is, or does to you.
The whole commercial is so ghetto.
- Thank you R556- every time one of those ads come on, I say I need to bust on this product and Latoya, who looks no different in her before and after shots.
- Greenies commercial where they talk about how kids don't like brushing their teeth but dogs do. As if a chore and a treat are an equal comparison.
- Lyrica commercials with the fat people going on about their diabetic nerve pain and how awful it is.
LOSE SOME WEIGHT!!! I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR YOU!!!!
- A commercial for Citizens Bank which airs in the Philly area (not sure how wide the target is for the ad) featuring a slacker douchebag and his roommate with the douche talking about how easy it was to get fee-free checking because he looked dressed up in a suit. He actually uses the phrase "banker dude".
- I don't listen to commercials. that's what the back button on the remote is for.
- I find the forward button works better, R561
- re: R560. found the commercial online.
- That twee "lIm living a Life of dreams" iPhone commercial that tries to show how tough yuppies have it raising kids.
- All five commercials for Nutrasystem featuring Marie Osmond! She has big fat lips, makeup plastered on her face and she says "I'll never forget that moment". Referring to the moment she realized she was over weight, like it happened in a second -- boom! she's fat! And now she thinks she's gorgeous. She's the same damn person! Everytime her voice comes on I have to change the channel. I just hate her.
- Who's the cowboy guy in the new Geico commercial? He's on a horse and then hits his head on the "The End" credits. He looks familiar.
- They haven't started yet. They will be the endless political commercials for 2014.
- I also can't take any commercial that shows bugs or sick/hurt/starving/abused animals.
The bug ones because I'm phobic about insects and they disgust me and the animal ones because they set me off crying like nothing else. Either one I switch the channel when they come on.
- Rapid Advance Loans.
Who thought a local theater musical production was a good idea?
- [quote]They haven't started yet. They will be the endless political commercials for 2014.
They've already started in the Philadelphia area -- Tom Corbett vs Tom Wolf. There's a particular nasty one from the Corbett campaign focusing on Wolf's tax plans (as if he personally and individually raised taxes) as well as him moving his company to Delaware.
- The Papa John's commercials.
Unfortunately, his is the "official pizza" of the New York Yankees. The day after the Yanks score 6 runs (doesn't happen often lately) you enter a promo code on line and get a cheap pizza that tastes like shit.
Mama Celeste, Rolling Over in Her Grave
- The Amazon Fire phone ads with the two know-it-all pre-tweeners who shill the product. One has them dressed up like hipsters. The male kid is wearing over-sized glasses and a newsboy cap. The girl has on a big slouchy woolen hat. Do any real kids dress like commercial actors? Blergh.
Second ad has them using the phone to identify a particular movie playing in a waiting room. They are so condescending to the adults in both.
- The AirBNB rebranding is appalling and pretentious.
- There's a third one now, R572. I just hate the idea of normalizing the use of electronics among kids so I hate every single one. They make me cringe.
- The Famous Footwear or Payless commercial with the Mommy and her two little brats who chant "Oh yeah! Oh yeah!" when mommy explains how fashionable their new shoes for school and what a deal she got. I can't turn that one off fast enough.
- As soon as I heard the chicken fat song Jr. HS gym class came flooding back to me. I thought it was just a Brooklyn NY thing. I didn't know it was done at schools all over the country. It really did get you moving.
- The CDC anti-climactic anti-smoking ad. So she has to talk to her premie through a hole. Big whoop.
- The hole the preemie came out of, R577
- And I have to agree about the Amazon Fire phone ad. Hey mouthy brats, maybe it's time for a time out for an hour or 8 in my 130 degree car?
- Those goddamn Fire phones cost $600. Give your unappreciative brat that expensive "toy" to drop or misplace.
- Doritos Mom, just back from store, minivan full of groceries: "Boys, can I get some help?"
Wiseass Kid: "I dunno--*CAN* ya?"
If that were my kid, he'd be asking ME the same question about five years later, when it's time to pay for college.
And I would tell him NOW exactly what he told me THEN.
- Liberty Mutual's current campaign, especially - although is a good actor - black actor talking about, "your little girl". Barf, gag me with a spoon.
- SOrry; meant to say, "'cause she's your baby girl." NAUSEATING. Also another Liberty Mutual ad featuring my MOST-HATED, overused, word "boom." TWICE.
- Agree with the poster who mentioned, "Living a Life of Dreams." Fucking song goes on for forfucking EVER; I cannot hit mute fast enough.
And the Cottonelle campaign with that BEYOND-obnoxious British cunt. Hate, hate, HATE all the "bums" this and "your bum" that. Disgustring.
- May have posted before; apologize if so.
THe Credit Karma ad with 2 girls talking; one says she has no idea of what her score is; the other points out the importance. But the clueless girl is the lousiest, worse-looking, fact, ugly, HIDEOUS-glasses, "actress" I think I've ever seen in ANYthing. Barf.
- Been on this earth for nine years, and have never seen anything like it.
The Amazon Prime Kid
- Hate the one for some satellite/cable service where the guy lying on a bed and his marionette girlfriend/wife is dancing around in front of him desperate to entertain him or turn him on. Sickening and objectifying and sexist.
- I thought the exact same thing when I saw that commercial, R435. He looks like a homeless guy that they cleaned up just a little bit. The guy looks like he smells bad.
- I find the C-O-P-D commercials ridiculously cheesy.
- r587, the marionette ad gives me nightmares
- The commercial with Misty Copeland for Under Armour. That child narrator has the weakest voice and significant vocal fry. How did she get that job?? I cringe every time it comes on.
- I want to punch Lily from the AT&T ads in the gunt. Stupid talentless bitch!
- The J. G. Wentworth commercials can stop now.
The opera singing was cute the first 2 times I heard it. Now they got one with "regular Joes/Janes" on a bus singing.
It's My Money and I Need it NOW!
- Phew! I scared me
- The Windows phone ones with the ohh so smart children who have a start up and the one where the kid is buying a house. They are terrible actors to boot. When the kid jumps up and says "We're going public!' I want to drive a car right into the garage.
- R596 is so annoyed by that commerical he/she doesn't realize it's an ad for Amazon's Fire Phone.
Madison Avenue should count that as an epic fail. The point of commercials is to create awareness of the product. It's a bad ad if you can't recall the product!
I'll add the Sparkle Fairy commercials. That woman's parents must be SOOOOOOOO proud!
- WTF is eagle man?
- R556, is that an infomercial? I've never seen it.
Still haven't seen the Old Navy commercial OP mentioned.
- The Progressive commercials.
- What R572 said.
- Any ads with pretentious, bratty kids.