- If that is indeed Weiner''s weiner, I know a couple of places he can rest it that I would be more than happy to help him with.
- I''d hit it.
- Too bad it''s inside the underwear...
- Too bad it''s cut.
- That picture could be of anyone.
- I approve.
- More Weiner, not less.
- Please. Only athletes and conservatives do such stupid things.
- That is definitely not his. Anthony is Extremely uncut, a fact which I heard caused all the questions over whether he was Halachically Jewish in the first place. He is; they just skipped the snip. His actual dick looks a lot like his face.
- How do yo know he is uncut?
- Is there any doubt he is gay? No dates nor links to women his whole adult life. He marries, for first time, at age 45, to Hilary''s "aide", an Indian/Pakistani, Huma Abedin. He reminds me of Ed Koch.
- He''s probably has hairier legs than whomever is shown.
- r10 is a goy.
- If Breitbart is involved then of course it''s a fraud. Next.
- Although I''m more interested in Anthony''s extremely musky butt, I would suck Weiner''s weiner until he jizzed in torrents all over my face.
Tina Turner''s "MuskBush City Limits"
- Brietbard faked it and lied. Again. WHY does anyone pay attention to this proven and habitual liar and cheat? Seriously...%0D
- no way. He''s cock is only 6 inches hard, slight curve to the left
- Anyone going by the last name of "weiner" is pure filth and bound to be trouble. No decent sister loving sister would ever vote for such a candidate.
- The Weiner says he thinks of himself as the Ed Koch of today. Ed must be embarrassed.
- So, he''s a closeted homo then r19?
- He''s a clown. Wanted Immigration to change laws on Green cards, so more European models could enter the country. ICE said "No." Each time he''s put out feelers to run for mayor, the polls helped him decide not to bother.
- Nice juicy mushroom head whosever it belongs it.
- Who let the fucking freepers in here? Don''t you guys have cousins you should be fucking?
- "Wanted Immigration to change laws on Green cards, so more European models could enter the country."\
And you have a problem with that because???
- [italic]Forensic analysis of the screen grab shows[/italic]\
Dems have their tinfoil hats on too tightly. \
Kos just settled a lawsuit for using junk polls via it''s web site. I wouldn''t trust them either. They''re pretty stupid.
- And shitstains like R25 will lie til they are blue in the face.
- Didn''t realize that marrying someone of Indian/Pakistani heritage was a telltale sign that one was gay, R11.
- They were the PLAINTIFF, r25.
- Does anyone find this suspicious - he got married recently and has been rumored to be family for years. This "scandal" is most to hype him as straight, which will help his candidacy for NY mayor.%0D\
I don''t live in the City but wonder if any who do think this could be the real explanation.
- Letter from the woman who was the alleged recipient of the alleged photo:
- How convenient to marry a Muslim. Must''ve thought this would endear him to more than Jewish voters, but it could back fire. Since she worked for Hillary the Clintons are now obligated to act like they are behind any office he runs for.
- He will never be mayor. He''s a joke. No one takes him seriously.
- His wife''s teeth are gigantically proportioned.
- You''re quite the bigot, R32.
- Anthony is really on the run today. Weiner jokes. Walked away from questions then came back so it wouldn''t look like he walked away from questions. He has so many pr advisors up his ass I wonder how he can walk anyway. Still ... I noticed he has kind of a hot crotch today. Nice fitting suit.
- nice trolling, r36
- [quote]Anthony is really on the run today. Weiner jokes. Walked away from questions then came back so it wouldn''t look like he walked away from questions. \
Keep spinning, wingnut bitch. Maybe you can get included in the lawsuit.
- Of course it''s a picture of him. Stop the nonsense. It seems like politicians never learn the sacred lesson imparted by Richard Nixon - it''s not the crime, it''s the COVER-UP! Wiener is looking ludicrous now.
- There are laws against this, right? If not, let''s pass one now, before this happens again!
Speaker John Boehner
- Unless Uncle Bill gave Tony a lesson in hubris, there''s no way in hell that a newlywed who''s been running for mayor of New York for most of his life would tweet some random coed a pic of his dick. It just sounds way too stupid for even a Palin or Bush to try.
- r35, the truth only hurts when it ought to.
- Weiner called Dana Bash''s producer a jack ass - on air. CNN in Washington lost power - but I saw it.
- The combination of arrogance and desperation he exhibits in this clip does not speak at all well for him.
- So it''s only an underwear pic and not even a nude pic? Why all the fuss?
- I''d like to see Weiner''s weener.
- He''s been vicitmized \
BUT he lacks fundamental good sense to know when to close his mouth.\
And I rather like the guy.
- God I hate CNN and Dana Bash and her asshole producer. Do they ever go after Republicans like this? Everyone''s treating Breitbart with kid gloves as if he''s actually RESPECTABLE. If he''s involved, it''s nothing but fraud. Why does the media keep giving that liar airtime and credibility. He''s full of shit and you''d think they''d know it by now,.
- I like the fact that he is one of the few genuine Liberals in the Democratic caucus. He speaks out for left-wing voices.\
He does have a big ego though.
- Remember Shirley Sherrod? What the fuck are people doing, treating Breitbart like he''s a serious journalist?!
- Jeffrey Toobin at least brought up the fact that Breitbart is not a reliable source
- Whoa R37 R38 are some people sensitive about Weiner or what? Sowwy! Also, now I SO regret what I typed in the unquoted part of that post. Saw Anthony and Dana in the same frame today and realized that God indeed has a sense of humor. By the way, he''s guilty as hell and O''Reilly is on the case now. This guy is the Sarah Palin for the right wing.
- Reality-based community? My ass.
- [quote]Kos just settled a lawsuit for using junk polls via it''s web site. I wouldn''t trust them either. They''re pretty stupid.\
You''re an idiot. He sued a pollster (who was quite reputable at the time) for faking the polls he was hired to do for DailyKos.
- Jeff Toobin''s the only person on CNN who tells it like it is with no sugarcoating. I''m sure they''d like to fire him because of it.
- The fact that Weiner is with Huma Abedin, makes me even more suspicious of his sexuality.%0D\
Huma was supposed to be Hillary''s girlfriend, and Weiner was always rumored to be gay.%0D\
My guess is that Hillary loaned out her girlfriend to Weiner, in order to silence the gay rumors all the way around.%0D\
Hillary gets cover and Weiner gets cover. Now I''m more certain than ever that both Hillary and Weiner are gay.
- Weiner''s lucky this happened AFTER the White House Correspondents Dinner. They would have been relentless. I like Weiner but at his last press conference regarding this affair he seemed VERY defensive and uncharacteristically evasive on some questions. Something''s up.
- JESUS R58, would you give it a mutherfucking rest with the Weiner-is-gay shit??\
The only people who''ve ever "suspected" that fug of being gay are you and the other lonely troll who keep beating this tired drum on Datalounge. The entire scandal is about his sending the pic to his GIRLFRIEND. I''m gay and have no problems calling out closeted politicians, but there''s nothing that reads queer about Weiner.\
Oh, and yes... He Twatted the pic himself and now he''s been caught. Maryoral dreams OVER.
- No, It''s a Brietbart fabrication. Anything with Brietbart as the source is a lie. Haven''t we all learned this by now??%0D\
What the fuck is wrong with you?%0D\
- There is a reason it is in underwear - you don''t see any details aside from the suckable head. Every cock is unique. Of course if it were a naked cock Weiner could whip out his at a press conference to show the differences. End of discussion.
- He''s too fugly to be gay.
- After seeing him at his latest Chuck Schumer''esque (i.e. famewhoring) "press conference" yesterday, I have no doubt that the photo is 100% his.\
Really, who cares? But, people do. Even the press is making it clear the photo is undoubtedly his.\
I think what''s going to hurt him is that he lied. He could have said it was a photo he''d sent to his then fiance'', now wife a long time ago. Or, just said it was a photo from his single days which was leaked. However, he was caught sending naughty pics of himself and now he can''t worm his way out of it.
- What is WRONG with politicians????
- This was planted by Breitbart because Weiner had been calling for Clarence Thomas to recuse himself from health care overhaul issues which were in conflict with Mrs. Thomas'' activism. It''s sad that Weiner''s substantive crusade is sidelined by a freak show issue that''s easier for the lamestream media to gossip about. Breitbart practically called Weiner a child molester courtesy of CNN who should know better than to give multiple liar Breitbart unfiltered access on their network. Still, a Huffington Post journalist on MSNBC seemed to also be on the blame the victim bandwagon.
- R64,you''re a gullible idiot.
- When I was growing up in Houston, there was a discount store called Weiner''s. It was awful.
Straight Girl Troll
- "This was planted by Breitbart because Weiner had been calling for Clarence Thomas to recuse himself from health care overhaul issues which were in conflict with Mrs. Thomas'' activism."%0D\
Very true. %0D\
But so is the fact that Weiner follows less than 200 people on Twitter - many of them are attractive young women across the country. Why bother to get married if you want to fuck around? Seriously.
- (rolling eyes at R69)%0D
- Why R70?
- It may be him but I don''t think he tweeted it.
- Weiner''s hand was forced. When he was hacked (or not) and it became public he HAD to address it, but NOW this is all about the little female hotties that HE followed (and requested) that he is trying to downplay. Which is maybe ONE of the reasons that he didn''t contact police.%0D\
This is only going to play out even further.
- There are members of Weiner''s staff that would have access to his account. While it should have come out already, I''m willing to bet that one of his staff befriended the girl. It could be someone she vaguely knows.
- This media notion that there is something unsavory about Anthony Weiner following a college student on Twitter is such BS.%0D\
I wonder if GOP politicians on Twitter are now rabidly scrubbing their "follow" lists. Please. It''s the most ridiculous thing ever.%0D\
- I doubt it, but there may, or may not, be questions about his communications with a college student.
- He''s hot, I''d suck his weiner
- FOX news actress, Megyn Kelly must be TAP DANCING over this latest development. I PRAY Megan and Anthony go toe to toe over this one. Their on air battles are legendary.
- Briebart is involved. IT''s BULLSHIT. \
And I hope Weiner sues the FUCK out of him.
- Thank you for today''s reminder that gay Republicans are mentally ill.
- I wish the Breitbart troll would stop trying to spin this into a freeper media issue.\
Weiner sent pics of his cock to a girl. That''s it. No question about it.\
Let''s all move on now.
- Keep spinning, wingnut bitch. You have no concrete evidence whatsoever, of course.
- You know, everything said and done, you have to appreciate Weiner''s tongue and cheek twitter profile pic. I like his self-deprecation.
- R81 is a gullible tool, a moron, and a liar.%0D
- "tongue and cheek"%0D\
My first "Oh dear"
- r83, tongue IN cheek.
- LOL!! and justly deserved R85!! Thanks!%0D\
"tongue IN cheek"
It''s also my first "Oh, dear" that I received.
- Why isn''t Breibart broke from Libel lawsuits? \
Anything related to him is absolute bullshit. He makes Matt Drudge look credible.
- I love that look on a guy.
- There was a huge post about this on ONTD political. Good discussion too. \
The whole issue is a total fraud
- [quote]Why isn''t Breibart broke from Libel lawsuits? %0D\
It isn''t libel when it''s true.%0D\
A person who answers a yes or no question by reciting a three minute speech without answering yes or no is guilty as charged.
- [quote]A person who answers a yes or no question by reciting a three minute speech without answering yes or no is guilty as charged.\
That might make sense on Planet Wingnut; back here on Planet Earth we rely on a handy tool of legal analysis called "evidence". You should look into it sometime.
- It''s called common sense, R92. If a married politician didn''t tweet a dick pic to a young woman then he would simply say he hadn''t when asked.
- Jesus H. Christ, the Weiner fangurls (see R82, R84 et. al) are spinning themselves into a shit tizzy over this.\
Calm down girls, your fuggy congressman just stated to MSNBC today that he "can''t say if the photo is mine or not".... i.e., it''s him. He fucked up and tweeted the pic himself. Shit happens, it won''t destroy him but stop making it into a tinhat conspiracy by the freepers. It isn''t this time.. it''s ALL Weiner and I happen to love it. He''s a cocky fuck and it couldn''t have happened to a more deserving asshole.
Oh, and he''s straight and he''ll NEVAH me mayor, bitches.
- [quote] "he''ll NEVAH me mayor, ..."%0D\
- Now he "can''t say with certitude" if the picture is his. It''s him. At least he was caught trying to pick up women.
Former Governor James J. McGreevey
- When will he be thrown out of office?%0D\
Why are some men such fucking idiots?
- The fix is in. MSNBC gives thirty seconds to promote the Weiner point of view then turns the story into a spot into a "how to protect yourself from hacking."%0D\
This is precisely the sort of lazy, corrupt, crony journalism one would expect from the network that hired Luke Russert.
- This scandal is so juicy it hurts. The right wing Finally has one of its most detestable targets by the balls. Weinergate is all about "payback" for that (already forgotten) repug congressman who bit the dust awhile back.%0D\
The public isn''t stupid, despite what we believe in the DL; as soon as someone dissembles, he''s done.
- The media should be going after that fat fuck fraud Breitbart. So what if Weiner showed his weiner.
- he has big dick face.
- As long as we''re on this topic, let''s look at the evidence at hand: A suspicious photo supposedly sent over the internet by a prominent progressive Congressman, who seems much too smart to do something as stupid as post pictures of his junk on the internet.\
On the one hand, we have the press conference of said Congressman in response, which was admittedly strange, evasive and not particularly helpful.\
On the other hand, we have a small mountain of evidence strongly suggesting that the screencap was faked. The supposed evidence is being strongly pushed by a pathological liar who a. has made it his mission to slander prominent progressive politicians; b. has a proven track record of fabricating evidence.\
Do you [bold]REALLY[/bold] want me to accept the word of Andrew Breitbart at face value? Really?\
Further, instead of discussing jobs, health insurance or the destruction of our environment, we''re all chattering away about Anthony Weiner''s dick.\
Sad, sad, sad.
- [quote]It''s called common sense, [R92]. If a married politician didn''t tweet a dick pic to a young woman then he would simply say he hadn''t when asked.\
He has said he did not tweet the pic to that woman. "I didn''t send [that] picture out" the congressman said.
- Face it, R102, if this story were the same except the Congressman was a Republican, DL would be doing a victory dance over this scandal. %0D\
If he were a real victim he would call for the FBI to solve the "hacking" rather than lawyering up and attacking those journalists who aren''t giving him a free pass.
- Oh, discussing jobs, health insurance or the destruction of our environment is so tiresome. I''d rather talk about Anthony Weiner''s dick. Just imagine how groesque that thing must be.
- I gave up on the OPs post after a few sentences because it was unreadable. \
Who writes such strenuously garbled prose? And who bothers to waste their time reading it?
- So you admit that apart from Weiner''s evasive comments you have zero evidence, R104?
- Why is this political news? I blame the Republican propaganda machinery hungry for something to put their teeth in to distract from all the major fuckups Republicans do on an hourly basis.
- Much better. Getting shrill now.
- His account was hacked, he did no such thing and he is lawyering up to see what he is supposed to do about the hacking problem in terms of privacy. %0D
The young woman who received the pic said she has had no contact with Weiner, she is certain it is a hack, in particular since she has been stalked by a right wing nut recently on Twitter. She believes it is a set up to try to discredit Weiner etc.%0D
I agree he comes off as an arrogant jerk much of the time- nasty as can be. He reminds me a great deal of one X governor or NY. But I don't think he sent this. I take him at his word. I do love his politics though and I love it that a liberal is as big and SOB as a whole bunch of right wing pols. %0D
I have so many friend complaining about social media problems, sex/dating cite problems etc. DL is as close as I get to social media. Given my proclivity for saying what I believe and feel, it is best I stay away from all these cyberspace human links. They are like catnip for human foibles and dysfunction.
- As a liberal Democrat and NYC resident, I have to say I''d be happy to see Weiner''s political ambitions cut short by this. He''s a showboating, narcissistic nightmare who is totally capable of doing something this stupid. (Yeah, Chuck Schumer never met a camera he didn''t like, but he''d never tweet a picture of his dick.) He''d make a fucking awful mayor, which is what he''s got his eye on, and if this nips that in the bud, so much the better. We have a lot of really good Democratic politicians in New York right now--including not only Schumer but Gillibrand, Cuomo, and Chris Quinn. Weiner is not one of them. He''s Eliot Spitzer Jr.
- [quote]So you admit that apart from Weiner''s evasive comments you have zero evidence?%0D\
If I were writing a post to 45,000 people on DL and someone in the back threw a pie or yelled out an insult, I would not spend the next two hours writing a post responding to that pie or that insult. %0D\
I would return to the things that I want to talk about to the audience that I want to talk to. That is what I intend to do in this post.%0D\
- r111, you''re a shill. Your contempt for him is too strong and vicious to come from a genuine liberal.
- I''ll take that as a "yes", R112. Keep spinning your bullshit, it''s obvious to anybody with a brain that it''s doctored.
- I do have to say as a New Yorker I am surprised he was so stupid - he is not married one frigging year yet! %0D\
I mean come on, at least wait one year before CREATING, SENDING, TEXTING or JUST HAVING bulge shots. If they pre-dated the marriage, DELETE them! %0D\
He knew quite well he was a target as well - earlier this year they found him to have more unpaid parking tickets than anyone else.
- I don''t use twitter, I found this online, would it work?\
easiest way to pull off this as a hoax would be if you knew weiner''s yfrog email address. email a blackberry pic to that email address with (@subject) in text and you''d create exactly what happened here.\
would require no password hacking (you wouldn''t even need to know his password to do it).
- I meant to add this link.
- [quote]I''ll take that as a "yes"%0D\
You DO recognize that I was parodying Weiner''s own reply on the subject, don''t you?%0D\
If you take that quote as a guilty plea for me, then it''s a guilty plea from Weiner too.
- Somehow I have a feeling that in 20 years time it will be unusual if a politician HASN''T tweeted a pic of his dick
- Why does this matter, even if he did send the photo? Is it illegal to send a dick photo in the U.S.?
- A "dick" pic was never sent, ladies.
- And yet, R118, you don''t have a single thread of concrete evidence indicating guilt. Keep spinning, wingnut bitch.
- r113, I''m not a shill--in fact, I imagine that I''m more of a New Yorker than you are, and certainly more of a liberal. Anthony Weiner may be a darling of the left to those who only see him making big speeches (usually to an empty house floor) on cable news. But look at him up close, and he''s not great--he''s far, far less vocal and supportive on gay-rights issues than many other congressmen in the New York delegation, and he''s pretty appallingly anti-Palestinian (which, no, DOES NOT go with being Jewish--there are plenty of progressive American Jewish politicians who don''t have a complete blind spot about Israel). He''s got more of a talent for making noise than for making policy. And ambition and visibility trump everything with him.
- I agree R120. He''s not a "family Values" politician so it lacks scandal that that hypocrisy causes. The woman wasn''t underage so it''s not illegal.
- Oh come now, R121. A pic of a boner popping out in relief in someone''s undershorts is a "dick pic."%0D\
Or does it depend on what your definition of "is" is?
- Something is really fishy here. I''ve never seen the press go so crazy over a prank...part of me thinks that where there''s smoke, there''s fire...
- r126, yeah in your pants as in "Liar, liar, pants on fire!"
- More like: where there''s smoke, there are ratings.
- First, I''ve been a NYer for 30 years and never heard that Weiner was "rumored to be family for years." \
Second, we have the ones in this thread claiming Weiner''s marriage to a nonwhite woman is some kind of cryptogay issue. \
Then we''ve got the other people in the thread having knicker pulsations because Weiner has 200 people on his twitter list and many if them are college age females. \
So we''ve got a gay politician who likes college girls and married a nonwhite woman to make some kind of sexual/political point?\
Get a fucking grip on yourselves, you addled syphilitics.
- If he "can''t say with certitude" that it''s a pic of him or not then he knows that his boner has been photographed before. %0D\
That is obviously a posed shot. We all know for a fact whether we have posed for erotic photos or not. %0D\
Sounds to me like he meant to send the pic to one person and accidentally broadcast it to all and sundry. %0D\
Now he''s the "victim" of a "prank" but, hey, let''s not waste any time and effort on a technical search to find out how his account was hacked. Let''s just "move on," eh?
- Who does wingnut shill R125 work for, I wonder.
- He just did a live interview on CNN with Wolf Blitzer. It will air again during Wolf''s ''Situation Room'' at 5:00 pm.
- He did an interview with the Posterboy of Nepotism Russet and said he couldn''t deny it was him.\
- He just did an interview with Diane Sawyer and he couldn''t deny that she''s married to a gay man.
- Some people who are not twitter savvy don''t realise that, while you can send a Direct Message that is visible to just one person, if you send a link to a twitpic or a yfrog, anyone can see the picture if they look. They just won''t get the message that it''s there.
- So what does that mean, R135?
- R131, I simply believe that when it comes to public servants, we the public should be prepared to "afflict the comfortable," especially as it appears that so many professional shills in the media would rather protect the powerful than challenge them.%0D\
The assumption that "he is a politician therefore he is lying" may not be fair but you''d be surprised how often it turns out to be correct.
- [quote]I simply believe that when it comes to public servants, we the public should be prepared to "afflict the comfortable"\
Translation: Andrew Breitbart, financed through the Koch Brothers. With Roger Stone probably involved as an intermediary.
- [quote]The assumption that "he is a politician therefore he is lying" may not be fair but you''d be surprised how often it turns out to be correct.\
And what pray tell has Weiner lied about so far? He said he didn''t send the picture, and there''s no concrete evidence that he did.
- Refusing to answer a Yes or No question and then calling a reporter a jackass, proves he could never be mayor. Every little conflict would get his gray undies in knots.
- R140 is right. I like Weiner because he is one of the few Liberals in the Democratic caucus who is willing to speak up for left-wing causes, but he is too much of a loose canon to have a position of greater responsibility.
- "And what pray tell . . ."\
Unless you are Maggie Smith playing aristocracy, do not use this expression.\
It makes you seem like a horrendous twit.
The Truth Fairy
- R129, I''ve been here 30 years and heard it as soon as he was on the radar...years ago.
- Truth Fairy, I think you are off on this one.
- Irrelevant and evasive, R142.
- [bold]WEINERGATE is exploding all over the net![/bold]\
And he keeps making it worse.
Monica''s Stained Dress
- David Frum predicted on CNN an hour ago that this will be the end of Weiner''s career
- And yet, R146, there is no stained dress, despite highly labored wingnut efforts to fabricate one.
- I agree with Frum. His refusal to say whether it''s him or not is going to be the final nail in his coffin. I''m thinking late night drunk, home alone antics and he was caught. That''s why he hired an attorney instead of having the FBI handle it.\
I see divorce court.
- Well, as they always say, it''s not the crime, it''s the coverup that gets you.
- This is such a juvenile country.
- You may be right, R151. This wouldn''t be an issue in most European countries.
- The Tweet was not illegal.\
It''s the lying and the coverup that will be the end of him.
- Obama must be secretly happy about this since it distracts everyone''s attention from today''s worst job report in a long time
- He needs to fire his fucking communications staff immediately. Why the fuck would he open the door to further speculation by declining to say whether or not the photo was of him? Didn''t Uncle Billy teach Tony to DENY DENY DENY? I bet Hillary is comforting Huma as we speak.
- What would Arnold do?
- The Weiner is roasted. %0D\
His buns are toasted.%0D\
Stick a fork in him, he''s done.
- How does the hacking of google gmail accounts of govt officals fit into this mess? Could he have taken the picture and stored it, and then the pic was sent to this girl by a hacker?
- [quote]Could he have taken the picture and stored it, and then the pic was sent to this girl by a hacker?\
- You''d think the hacking of a U.S. Congressman''s Twitter account would be considered a potential threat to national security. A person could set off a panic or a riot by pretending to be a Congressperson and dispersing false threats. %0D\
I don''t see how a government that won''t let me board a plane with a nail clipper can allow such an egregious breach of security to go uninvestigated.
- He''s has stated over and over again he didn''t Tweet the pic. Unless he''s a total idiot, which I doubt, he''s telling the truth. Again, the picture is probably him but he didn''t send it. I don''t see an issue if someone hacked his computer and Tweeted the pic, as long as he didn''t send it.
- Eh, if you''re a politician and someone hacks your account and does this - what is the first thing that you do? You would call the police and start an investigation - if for no other reason then to prove you had nothing to do with it.\
He has a bad temper....hard to believe that he wouldn''t have done that\
He''s guilty - not that it is a crime
- "the picture is probably him but he didn''t send it."\
If the picture is him, how did someone get it? And why does he take photos of himself in his underwear?
- goddamn is this country fucked.\
WHO FUCKING CARES???\
And I''m talking to YOU, the media.\
What is the purpose of this?\
Much like the whole Palin/Trump summit. I mean, they are FOR REAL fucking television performers and the news (MSNBC included) acts as if it''s real news.\
WHO CARES if that''s his cock. He''s not even nude. At all.\
Yet this country is fascinated with these details.\
And so is the rest of the world (The Royals, anyone??).\
The media rules the world.\
And we are sheep.\
End of story.
- It may not be a threat to national security. But it''s embarrassing--and a threat to his marriage and standing in Congress.
- Dana, if Anthony asks you to go on a morning news show and denounce this "massive right wing conspiracy", call me first
- R164 has a point. In many countries this would not be a big deal. Why should an underwear picture cause someone''s political downfall?
- R164, would you like to start a thread or comment here on the abysmal employment numbers released today?
- Shep Smith thinks that Weiner should be able to recognize his own weiner.
- Something is weird about his response. He doesn''t remember if he took a snap of his cock in his underwear?%0D\
- [quote] if the picture is him, how did someone get it? \
Are you microcephalic? By hacking his computer, as has been mentioned more than 10 times already.
- What R170 said. Also, his flippant responses just bug.
- The underwear is not the focus of the pic, R167, the erect penis beneath it is. %0D\
In US politics it is a given that married men shouldn''t send pics that show off the size of their erections to women half their age. %0D\
How they feel about such things in other countries is immaterial. Weiner is an American politician. %0D\
My guess is that he denies sending the pic because no one can prove that he did. But he can''t deny being the person in the pic because he may have sent it or other pics like it to other individuals he can''t fully trust not to come forward. You don''t have to be Miss Marple to see how odd and evasive his reaction has been.
- And in February of this year . . . \
WASHINGTON %E2%80%94 A married congressman from upstate New York resigned suddenly Wednesday after a scandal erupted over emails and a shirtless photo supposedly sent to a woman in response to a Craigslist dating ad.\
Republican Christopher Lee had just begun his second term representing New York''s 26th District. Just hours after the scandal broke on Gawker.com, Lee announced that he was quitting Congress, and a clerk read his letter of resignation on the House floor.
- [quote] Why should an underwear picture cause someone''s political downfall?\
- [quote]In US politics it is a given that married men shouldn''t send pics that show off the size of their erections to women half their age.\
Maybe he took the photo of himself and sent it to his wife. \
He has said he didn''t send the photo to the woman in Seattle.
- R174 & R176, so?
- From David Frum''s mouth to G-d''s ear.
- Was Huma Abedin in Pakistan with Hillary Clinton on the 27th?
- Someone must have hacked or the picture wouldn''t have ended up on the internet.
- You don''t see Hillary or Michelle Bachmann tweeting pics of their pussies to young men. \
Why are men such pigs? Nobody wants to see some old man''s penis.
- So many mindless Dems will believe anything that''s told to them.\
Keep circling those wagons.
- First of all, the photo does not show Weiner''s penis. There is no nudity in the photo.%0D\
Secondly, Weiner is not old.%0D\
Thirdly, you are clearly stupid, R181.
- r181 = woman.%0D\
- [quote]You don''t see Hillary or Michelle Bachmann tweeting pics of their pussies\
You don''t know that. It just hasn''t been made public.\
[quote]Nobody wants to see some old man''s penis.\
Weiner looks pretty impressive.
- The wingnut PR shills are certainly earning their keep tonight. Wonder what PR firm is working on this.\
Also, I''m willing to bet a month''s wages that Karl Rove or Roger Stone had their hands in this. The GOP are consummate professionals at ratfucking.
- Weiner is old. He looks like the crypt keeper with that hollowed-out face. Disgusting!
- r186=tinfoil hat\
If the GOP were behind this, Weiner would have the FBI on it in 2 seconds.\
His foot dragging = GUILTY!
- Do you also think that Jon Stewart is ''old''?%0D\
Jon Steward and Weiner are the same age - they were college roommates.
- Even if Weiner did mail the photo using twitter, who cares?%0D\
What I care about are his progressive politics and his fighting for progressive issues and legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- The womon in Seattle got a message that Weiner''s account had been hacked right after she received the picture. She''s not the on who took the picture public, Breitbart''s hacker associates are.
- R189, Jon Stewart is not a good example of a hot guy.
- Since there is no weiner in the picture who cares? Most boring twitter photo ever!
- R192, your lack of reading comprehension and lack of cognitive ability are flabbergasting and shockingly low.%0D\
I wasn''t saying that Jon Stewart is ''hot'', you dimwit.
- Jon Stewart said that weiner''s not Weiner''s.%0D\
They were not roommates but were friends at college. Jon alluded to having it seen it and that ain''t Weiner''s.
- Weiner declares himself an alcoholic who takes his own crotchshots in 5-4-3-2...
Bitch it''s nice. Own it!
- He''s talking about this on Rachel''s show, right now!
Well, in about 2 minutes
- Fuck.....now I have to go to the NYC pride parade to cheer Anthony Weiner...... he''s got my vote!
- I''ve never seen my "husband''s" weiner, so I cannot confirm or deny that is said Weiner''s weiner.
- [bold]''Weinergate'' Porn Star, Stripper Ginger Lee Speaks Out[/bold]\
#Weinergate rolls on for Rep. Anthony Weiner, New York Democrat. Now we''re learning that the plagued congressman shared private communications with porn star and stripper Ginger Lee. In a March 13 tweet, Tennessee-based Lee indicated that Weiner sent her a private Twitter message:\
[quote]"You know it''s a good day when you wake up to a DM from @RepWeiner," Lee tweeted. "(I''m a fangirl, y''all, he''s my trifecta of win.)\
When contacted by The Daily Caller, Lee wouldn''t say what Weiner sent her in that private direct message, or DM in Twitter-speak.
- Here is what probably happened:
Wiener has been sending out dick pics to groupies for a while. They got into the wrong hands; either thru entrapment, by a right-wing blogger pretending to be a possible lay for Weiner; or through hacking. The first makes sense to me; that's why the first tweets regarding an upcoming scandal appeared on May 5. So the dick pic recipient gets in touch with Breitbart and they start planning on how to release the pictures; they decide to hack into his twitter and post the picture, which they did last week. The Seattle girl is most likely a red herring who was chosen because she was young and pretty.
Anyhow, the reason I suspect that Weiner is giving us this song and dance now is because there are MORE pictures - ones that could conclusively identify him as the person who sent the dick pic. If it was just the single dick pic, why wouldn't Weiner deny it was him - even if it was, who could prove it? But there are more, which are probably going to be released any minute now... Of course, the flaw in this theory is that if the hackers did have identifiable dick pics, why didn't they just post them the first time.
- "no way. He''s cock is only 6 inches hard, slight curve to the left"\
My left or his left.
- What kind of DL thread is this? I was expecting pages and pages of in depth evaluation of Weiner''s little weiner! I''m so disappointed.
- R188 - insurance industry PR shill
- Get real and welcome to this century.\
Only the most pretentious, old queen says "And what pray tell . . ."\
It''s an embarrassment, like doilies on the back of the sofa.
- Just count you blessing Miss Sidewinder''s not posting Cal Ripken pics in here.
- Just let it go, R205.
- Are you ALL school marms in here?!?%0D\
THERE WERE NO DICK PICS!! %0D\
HE HAD UNDERWEARE ON!! UNCLENCH, MARYS!!!
- [bold]Jeepers, what a coinkydink![/bold]
The Honorable Justice Clarence Thomas
United States Supreme Court Building
1 First Street Northeast
Washington, D.C. 20543
Dear Justice Thomas:
As an Associate Justice, you are entrusted with the responsibility to exercise the highest degree of discretion and impartiality when deciding a case. As Members of Congress, we were surprised by recent revelations of your financial ties to leading organizations dedicated to lobbying against the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. We write today to respectfully ask that you maintain the integrity of this court and recuse yourself from any deliberations on the constitutionality of this act.
The appearance of a conflict of interest merits recusal under federal law. From what we have already seen, the line between your impartiality and you and your wife's financial stake in the overturn of health care reform is blurred. Your spouse is advertising herself as a lobbyist who has %E2%80%9Cexperience and connections%E2%80%9D and appeals to clients who want a particular decision - they want to overturn health care reform. Moreover, your failure to disclose Ginny Thomas%E2%80%99s receipt of $686,589 from the Heritage Foundation, a prominent opponent of health care reform, between 2003 and 2007 has raised great concern.
This is not the first case where your impartiality was in question. As Common Cause points out, you %E2%80%9Cparticipated in secretive political strategy sessions, perhaps while the case was pending, with corporate leaders whose political aims were advanced by the [5-4] decision%E2%80%9D on the Citizens United case. Your spouse also received an undisclosed salary paid for by undisclosed donors as CEO of Liberty Central, a 501(c)(4) organization that stood to benefit from the decision and played an active role in the 2010 elections.
Given these facts, there is a strong conflict between the Thomas household%E2%80%99s financial gain through your spouse%E2%80%99s activities and your role as a Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court. We urge you to recuse yourself from this case. If the U.S. Supreme Court's decision is to be viewed as legitimate by the American people, this is the only correct path.
We appreciate your thoughtful consideration of this request.
ANTHONY D. WEINER
Member of Congress
- Any guy who reaches age 45 and has never been married, and suddenly marries a nonwhite girl, is gay. Period.
- This is what we know:
1) The girl who that image was supposedly tweeted to never received it.
2)By now, several tech bloggers have demonstrated how VERY easy to send a photo on someone else's twitter feed via YFrog. You just have to use the YFrog account name and send it to that email address. Most twitter user's use a variation of their twitter account name for their yfrog email accounts. Technically it's not even hacking but it's the same effect. Email a pic to X@Yfrog.com and it's posted, boom.
3) There was an obsessed hater of Weiner boasting about an upcoming scandal well before this event happened, who continually harrased followers of this man, and who lo and behold , was the very first to RT the message from "Weiner." He has since deleted all his tweets and disappeared.
4) Briebart is involved enough said. Everything this man is involved in proves to be a fraud.
5) It doesn't matter if the image is of his underwear or not. He didn't send it. Frame up. The image - whether it's his weiner or not- was not sent by him.
- The fact that it''s a nice big plump cock with a suckable mushroom head makes the dorky Weiner extra-hot (even if it isn''t his cock).
- That unopened package makes my mouth water, like on Christmas morning.
- [bold]The smoking gun has debunked the man who stirred this shit up[/bold]
JUNE 2--The prescient Twitter provocateur who, weeks ago, somehow divined that a lewd photo scandal was looming for Rep. Anthony Weiner claims he is fearful that his leading role in %E2%80%9CWeinergate%E2%80%9D will focus attention on a multitude of his own %E2%80%9Cmajor personal problems%E2%80%9D that he is %E2%80%9Cafraid%E2%80%A6will all come out,%E2%80%9D The Smoking Gun has learned.
As a result, %E2%80%9CDan Wolfe%E2%80%9D has distanced himself from his online coterie of fellow conservatives, none of whom appear to know the true identity of Wolfe, who uses the Twitter handle %E2%80%9Cpatriotusa76%E2%80%9D and describes himself (assuming he is male) as a %E2%80%9CConservative Reagan Republican%E2%80%9D opposed to %E2%80%9CObamacare, socialism, sharia.%E2%80%9D
He also noted that, %E2%80%9CI am having major personal problems right now getting worse by the minute.%E2%80%9D
In a subsequent May 30 e-mail, Wolfe expounded on these troubles, explaining why he wanted to avoid speaking with his Twitter cronies. %E2%80%9CI have ALOT of personal problems I didn%E2%80%99t want to go into--but as I become the focus of this I am more and more afraid this will all come out.%E2%80%9D
Wolfe then went on to state that his ex-wife was suing him for custody of their two children and %E2%80%9Cfor lots of other stuff right now. Her attorneys are after everything I own.%E2%80%9D Additionally, he reported that, %E2%80%9CI have an ex girlfriend who has mental problems causing issues for me at work. My business is suffering as a result.%E2%80%9D
Explaining his hesitation to speak on the telephone, Wolfe wrote that his ex-wife (working in conjunction with a former girlfriend of his) had twice secretly recorded him and that the resulting tapes had %E2%80%9Cgotten me in a lot of legal trouble.%E2%80%9D As a result, he contended that if his ex-wife%E2%80%99s attorney %E2%80%9Cgot a hold of a call recorded with me on it they%E2%80%99d have a field day with that. I want to try to avoid.%E2%80%9D
While not addressing who would make such a recording, how it would surface, or why it would do harm to him, Wolfe concluded, %E2%80%9CI am screwed. If all this comes out along with everything I%E2%80%99m dealing with here--I don%E2%80%99t know what to do.%E2%80%9D
Wolfe%E2%80%99s reluctance to actually speak with Breitbart surfaced only hours after he had e-mailed the conservative blog titan a series of screen captures that he %E2%80%9Ctook live%E2%80%9D after the infamous tweet was directed to college student Gennette Nicole Cordova. Wolfe%E2%80%99s e-mail to Breitbart was sent at 4:16 AM (Eastern) and included six .jpg images. His e-mail to Breitbart concluded, %E2%80%9CWe have more.%E2%80%9D
[For %E2%80%9CWeinergate%E2%80%9D completists, TSG is offering the six screen captures sent by Wolfe in his early-morning e-mail, which provided Breitbart with a brief description of each screen grab. Wolfe named the files:
In response to a TSG e-mail sent yesterday to his Yahoo account seeking an interview, Wolfe only wrote, %E2%80%9CWho gave you this email address? Private.%E2%80%9D Wolfe did not respond to several subsequent e-mails sent to him.
Wolfe%E2%80%99s reticence apparently has been triggered by the fallout from a May 27 tweet emanating from Weiner%E2%80%99s account that was sent to a 21-year-old college student in Washington State (that tweet included a link to a now-infamous underwear photo). The Weiner tweet and the accompanying photo was spotted late Friday night by Wolfe, who tipped Big Government, the conservative blog run by Andrew Breitbart.
For months, Wolfe and several Twitter sidekicks have excoriated Weiner, 46, in the harshest terms. They have criticized his looks, claimed his marriage is a sham, and accused his wife of having ties to al-Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood. On May 5, Wolfe floated a rumor that compromising photos of a %E2%80%9Cbig time%E2%80%9D congressman were in the hands of a %E2%80%9Ctop 5 Right Wing blogger.%E2%80%9D He tweeted, %E2%80%9C@RepWeiner are you this Congressman?%E2%80%9D He reprised this photo rumor in a May 11 tweet.
As the Weiner story began to spread over the weekend--and detractors started accusing him of somehow hacking Weiner%E2%80%99s accounts--Wolfe balked when Breitbart sought to arrange a conference call to discuss how to further exploit and advance %E2%80%9CWeinergate.%E2%80%9D In e-mails sent from his Yahoo account, Wolfe asked, (...rest at link)
- [quote]that''s why the first tweets regarding an upcoming scandal appeared on May 5.\
See the post at r214. The guy who was "predicting" this is a complete psycho.
- Why is Weiner posing as Janis Ian in his Twitter Pic?
- Is tweeting a picture of your weiner called "tweinering"? Could be.
- Bump for the true story.
- [quote]Is tweeting a picture of your weiner called "tweinering"? Could be.\
Then what would you call hacking an account and posting an image of a weiner?
- [quote]He also noted that, "I am having major personal problems right now getting worse by the minute."\
It sounds like this loser needs to stop stirring up shit on the internet and obsessing over Anthony Weiner and spend more time on cleaning up his messy life.
- Weiner''s reluctance to prosecute makes him look GUILTY!
Everyone with an IQ over 100
- [quote]Weiner''s reluctance to prosecute makes him look GUILTY!\
Um, no. You''re insistence that the LAW get involved in such a trivial prank makes YOU look like an anal retentive harpie idiot
- It is shocking how many truly dumb and stupid people are on Datalounge, such as R222
- It''s not trivial if it brings down his career.\
Hacking a government official''s account is serious.\
The FBI can find the hacker''s IP address in a couple hours.\
They can also find out that there was no hacker, hence the reason they will never be called.\
BTW, while Weiner had several thousand followers, he himself was following around 90 people. Many of them "hot" young girls. One of them a porn star.\
Where there''s smoke, there''s fire.
- [bold]SPIN, LITTLE WINGNUT, SPIN![/bold]
- [quote]You''re insistence that the LAW get involved in such a trivial prank makes YOU look like an anal retentive harpie idiot%0D\
A hacking that was leaked to Brietbart for the purpose of smearing the Congressman and harming his career sounds more like a conspiracy to defame than a trivial prank. %0D\
You shouldn''t misspell the word "your" when you''re calling someone else an idiot.%0D\
- Sad little fucker. \
How about medicare? Who cares - WEINER''S PENIS!
- Really, the FBI. \
It''s pretty clear who did this, why do you want to wast FBI''s talent and money on this issue? \
Do you really fucking believe he sent that photo, r225. \
Have you read ANY of the links posted here about how easily it could have been done by someone else? \
You are a fucking idiot.
- Who''s to say the FBI Isn''t investigating, anyway? \
The one thing that screams FRAUD to me is the fact that the guy who "predicted" this faux-scandal has since shut up and run away.His bailing on the issue after being OBSESSED with Weiner for so long is the most hinky aspect of all of this. If he had anything to brag about he''d be all over the news and taking money for interviews. \
Where''s there is smoke, there can also be mirrors.
- Why wouldn''t Weiner jump at the chance to prove he was a victim of the vast right wing conspiracy?\
He''d damage the GOP and score political points for himself.\
His reaction doesn''t pass the smell test.
- Seems to me he is acting as if the hacker is someone he knows~i.e. the person who posted the pic. It was someone else who "ran with it." There is more to this, but it may not be anything serious and Weiner probably knows that.
Ya know it is not a BFD~let''s move on.
- the guy sounds like a wingnut, much like any wingnut from either party who scream over and over about how the shit''s about to rain down on their enemy du jour (or enemy de l''ann%C3%A9e, as the case may be). most of the time, like 99.999999% of the time, nothign comes of it, but sometimes it actually comes true...\
this guy seems to have gotten lucky, as he seems completely incapable of doing anything to move it along...I could see him shooting the guy, but I can''t see him setting him up like this...
- LEAKED EMAILS SHOW TIP TO BRITBART
The ongoing scandal surrounding a lewd tweet sent from Rep. Anthony Weiner's (D-NY) Twitter account took yet another turn for the weird Thursday as alleged e-mails between the person who first noticed the photo and conservative media guru Andrew Breitbart were leaked.
Breitbart first reported the Weiner story Saturday on his site Big Government using a screengrab from the person in question, Twitter user "@patriotusa76," who lists his name on his account as Dan Wolfe and said he captured the image from Weiner's feed before it was deleted. Weiner has said his account was hacked and a number of liberal blogs have pointed to Wolfe -- who had a history of crudely taunting Weiner online -- as a person of interest.
In response, Wolfe has tweeted denials that he hacked Weiner's account or had anything to do with the publication of the photo.
Breitbart began to raise suspicions on his own Twitter feed about Wolfe's involvement in the incident in recent days, calling on him to come forward about his role, and is currently linking to a post on his Big Government website that questions whether @patriotusa76 did, in fact, hack Weiner's account.
With that as background, [bold]The Smoking Gun published emails today from Dan Wolfe, AKA "patriotusa76," at least one of which listed Breitbart as a recipient. [/bold]In the first email, Wolfe tips off Breitbart to the screengrab as well as key details of the story and promises at the end that "we have more."
[bold]In the second email, Wolfe appears agitated and warns that he will be in big trouble if unspecified details about his role in the incident leak:
(Quote at URL..insert more blathering woe-is-me freeper drama)
In addition to the two published e-mails, TSG described additional correspondences, including one email on May 25, several days before the Twitter incident with Weiner, in which he said he was afraid of Weiner's connections to the Clinton administration. Weiner is married to Huma Abedin, a close aide to Hillary Clinton.
"Clinton connections--they have people everywhere," he allegedly wrote. He brought them up again in a later email to Breitbart after the Twitter photo went online.
"I personally don't fell [sic] comfortable giving him my phone number because of the Clinton ties to this," Wolfe wrote. "Weiner is sneaky and I don't need Clinton problems."
Weiner has claimed that he was hacked, but has said that he is not sure whether or not the photo in question depicts his own body.[bold] TPM asked Weiner yesterday whether he was suggesting that someone broke into his account, obtained actual photos, and then Tweeted them in order to embarrass him. He did not dismiss the notion.[/bold]
- The correct response is:\
"It''s not me. I didn''t send it. I''ve been hacked/framed. The FBI has been contacted."\
The culprit would have been discovered by now. The scandal would be all about the "Evil" right wing hackers and who was involved. If this were a concerted effort by the GOP, a lot of unexpected heads could roll.\
Weiner would be smelling like a rose.\
Instead, he''s acting like he''s guilty and his political future is now in question.
Sarah Palin''s Hacked Email Account
- So, Wiener had picts of his own underwear, big deal. It is pretty much accepted that he did not post this picture himself. There is NO scandal here.
- R231: do you think Wiener''s wiener is all "spunky down there"?
Click on the Cock
- Hes'' not going anywhere and we''re not listening anymore, wingnut. Just go back to your own cave.
- What''s funny is that the most-likely hacker is terrified of the Clintons because everyone who knows anything about the Clintons knows that they are like the Gottis and Gamibinis, they can have you killed.
- There are obviously more pictures and Weiner is trying to stay cool, hoping they won''t be released. Because they probably show both cock and face.
- R235, meet R234.\
And do keep up the spinning, it''s amusing to watch.
- if he''d come forward and just given a straight answer, this would be over, but clearly, he knows it''s his cock and can''t admit it, so he looks like he''s hiding something.\
He wants it both ways; hell, he even claims his twitter acct is personal, yet he tweets political stuff routinely. He''s dug himself into a big hole because of the way, he''s dealt with this, not because of the initiating incident. he has demonstrated zero leadership skills.\
by the way, he''s always reminded me of a hot version of Arnold Horshack.
- Well aren''t you brainy, R242.%0D\
Your analysis is so deep, penetrating, and insightful - I am just bowled over by your braininess.
- fuck off, R243. Based on your posts on the thread, all you can manage is name-calling. I gave a summary of the situation. You''ve just called people idiots. You can do better, Sport. Come on, little guy, add something of value to a thread for once....
- Your insightfulness, R242, R244, leaves me weak in the knees with admiration.
- R243 R245: Why are you so personally vested in this topic and go so batshit when you hear anything contrary or inconvenient?
- The grossest part is that Weiner seems to be relishing the attention.
- R234 solved the case - it is all a vast right wing conspiracy!\
Light up the cigars, pour yourselves a whiskey! Another mystery solved during R234''s lunch break at 7-11. Or, should he eat a corn dog and piur himself a Slurpee?\
Either way he''s a moron
- R242 = Alberta Einstein.
- Is there any topic under the sun that won''t degenerate in short order into idiotic bitchery and sophomoric namecalling here on Datalounge? Guess not....
- Something is hiding.. Dick behind the gray underware!
- The first one, from May 30, does not list a recipient, but includes some notable admissions from Wolfe:%0D
"I have ALOT of personal problems I didn%E2%80%99t want to go into--but as I become the focus of this I am more and more afraid this will all come out. I want to tell you why I haven't talked on the phone yet," he writes, continuing:%0D
I have an en exwife suing me for custody of our 2 kids and for lots of other stuff right now. Her attorneys are after everything I own.%0D
I have an ex girlfriend who has mental problems causing issues for me at work .%0D
My business is suffering as a result.%0D
If my exwife's attorney's got a hold of a call recorded with me on it they'd have a field day with that. I want to try to avoid.%0D
She had recorded me twice before. She worked with my exgirlfriend and had two calls recorded.%0D
It has gotten me in a lot of legal trouble.%0D
I am screwed. If this comes out along with everything I'm dealing with here -- I don't know what to do.%0D
This is intriguing -- especially that final line. And while the recipient on this email is blurred, the Smoking Gun report seems to suggest it was written in response to Breitbart's attempt "to arrange a conference call to discuss how to further exploit and advance 'Weinergate.'"%0D
- I actually do think he was hacked in some way. The photo lacks the metadata indicating where it comes from, unlike every other picture in Weiner''s account. \
"a Dartmouth professor, compared the picture to a database of 15,000 photograph-taking devices and found it didn''t match any of them, which suggests it had been manipulated before appearing on Weiner''s account."
- This is Al Sharpton''s words while filling in fro Ed Schultz on MSNBC tonight:\
[quote] "As someone who has had his fair share of controversy, let me offer some crises management advice: Shut Up. Either explain yourself fully, or say nothing at all. Don''t announce that you''re going to stop talking about the issue, just stop talking about it."\
Excellent advise, Mr. Sharpton.
- it if was hacked, which I believe it was, why should he have to answer questions about whether it is a picture of his penis. He shouldn''t.\
end of story
- R255: Meanwhile, in the real world . . .
- AL Sharpton could not read a teleprompter convincingly to save his life. It''s embarrassing to listen to him stumble and pause for an hour. Why of all the qualified individuals who must surely exist in NYC did MSNBC select him to fill in for Ed?
- Damn...hot daddy dick! That dude is hung.
- The blog Cannonfire, which closed the case yesterday on the so-called Weinergate affair when it demonstrated conclusively how anyone could use a simple technique to publish any picture they wanted to another person''s Twitter stream, now reports that yfrog.com has disabled the e-mail service that enables such exploits, thereby acknowledging the existence of a security problem and tacitly acknowledging that it has been abused. In short, it is no longer possible for a reasonable person to believe that Rep. Weiner was not framed by an outside party.
- To make a long story much shorter than it deserves: Every Twitter user who uses yfrog to store photos for posts (I'll be cold in my grave before I ever call them "tweets") is given an e-mail address in the form [account_name].email@example.com, where xxxxx is a short string of alphanumeric characters. Any time an e-mail message with an attached photo is sent to this address, the photo is automatically uploaded to yfrog.com under the recipient's account and posted to the recipient's Twitter feed as a publicly viewable message. Both the yfrog photo and the Twitter post would appear to have been posted by the e-mail recipient, and there would be no apparent connection to the e-mail sender.
The Cannonfire post explained clearly how one would do this, and blogger Joseph Cannon kindly established a Twitter account, @gdowson153, for use in demonstrating how the exploit works. Never one for believing others about something I can easily verify myself, I sent a picture I created to firstname.lastname@example.org, the upload address for the gdowson153 account. You can see the picture at yfrog.com here, and the resulting automatic Twitter post here. I never had access to gdowson153's password or any information related to this account other than the above e-mail address. Many others were inspired to try the same technique, resulting in a humorous parade of random images posted to the gdowson153 Twitter account. (For a nice illustrated tour through this exploit, see Dreggas' valuable diary here.)
How might one obtain the secret e-mail address required to upload photos to another person's account? There are a number of possible ways. To a non-technical person, it might not be evident that this address should not be shared. If someone sent a photo to their upload address and CCed someone else in the same message, or forwarded a message from their Sent folder to another party, the address would be visible to anyone receiving the message. A potentially more likely approach, explored by Rachel Maddow's blog yesterday, would be to simply brute-force it. There are approximately 11.9 million possible combinations of five or fewer Latin letters%E2%80%94a lot for a human to work through, to be sure, but computers are very very good at doing repetitive tasks fairly quickly. One could easily set up a spambot to send messages to every possible e-mail address in question until finding the one that works. The whole process could be done in several hours. (Edit: The number of possible "words" that must be tried is apparently much, much smaller than 11.9 million. For details, see this post from the still-hard-to-believe-how-rehabilitated-they-look-today Little Green Footballs blog.)
[bold]Shortly after this technique was revealed, it seems, Yfrog disabled the upload e-mail service.
Yfrog has not issued a statement about why this service has been disabled, but I think we can assume it is not a coincidence. Bear in mind that the site's operators would have access to all of their server logs and it should be a fairly trivial task to determine exactly which e-mail account had been used to send each picture uploaded to yfrog using the e-mail service, even if the site itself had not been architected to store this information with each photo as internally visible metadata. [bold]If the supposedly incriminating photo had been uploaded to Rep. Weiner's account from an e-mail address he had never used before, this would be immediately apparent.[/bold]
- I look forward to learning the results of the internal investigation that Yfrog is surely conducting or has already conducted. Until then, as is so often the case, we may turn to Occam's razor to help us decide which of a number of competing scenarios to believe.
We could believe that a very motivated right-wing blogger who'd already displayed an unhealthy obsession with Anthony Weiner's personal life might take advantage of a casual technique available to anyone%E2%80%94probably using a throwaway e-mail account and not expecting to be caught%E2%80%94to frame said member of Congress using a photo that, despite being suggestive and certainly harmful to his reputation, is nevertheless impossible to associate with him specifically (unlike, say, certain other photos), aided and abetted by a man who is known to be a serial liar.
Or we could believe that Dan Wolfe and Andrew Breitbart are the ones telling the truth here, and that a member of Congress whose intellect and judgment most of us have long respected experienced a brain failure so colossal in its scope and impact as to cause him to send a suggestive photograph to a college student over a public communication channel on which it would be seen by any and all of his hundreds or thousands of followers, only to completely regain his senses approximately four minutes later.
The choice, dear reader, is yours. When making it, be aware that you may be called upon to account for it in some capacity in the future.
- So it appears that YFrog is investigating. I predict they will make a statement that reveals this upload did not come from Weiner''s account. This is taking some time because YFrog has some egg on thier face: the whole incident shows how easy it was for their accounts to be hacked and they have to make a statement about that. \
Meanwhile the original twitter user - the only one to see and RT this photo- has shut up citing typical Clinton paranoia. I would be surprised if Brietbart himself is the one who set up this twitter user and got him to tweet the photo. I hope this whole thing brings Breitbart down.
- Daily Beast poll: Weiner could still be NYC mayor despite Weinergate
- It''s too bad someone didn''t upload something to Breitbart''s twitter before yfrog.com disabled the e-mail service that enabled such exploits.
- LMAO...Thomas Roberts is filling in for Lawrence O''Donnell and he has to cover "Weinergate." How appropriate...\
- Is that Thomas Roberts?
- Maybe Lorena Bobbitt had something to do with it - after all, she is an experienced weiner-hacker\
Weiner says he has hired a security firm to find out who hacked into his twitter account. It reminds me of when OJ Simpson said that he wouldn''t rest until he found his wife''s killers\
How massive is Weiner''s collection of photos of his own junk that he can''t simply check the photos on his computer and say with certitude that weiner in question isn''t his?
- Probably because the hackers photoshopped the pictures that they stole and greatly increased the size of his dick. Jon Stewart said he doesn''t remember Weiner''s weiner being that big.
- A couple of Junes ago I saw Weiner marching in the Gay Pride parade. As he marched by waving at everybody I knew that he was straight.
- There are a group of online bullies on Twitter involved in this mess. One member of this group is the ONLY person who saw and retweeted the dick photo (patriotusa/Wolfe). And in the few minutes before the picture was deleted, this one individual had the time to copy everything - the tweet and the photo and the archive at TweetCongress. He then immediately passed this along to Breitbart adding "We have more". The "we" apparently includes another man (goatred) who had been harassing two 16 year old girls and alleging that they had inappropriate relations with Weiner. They had not, they'd never met him. They had not exchanged any inappropriate contact with him.
[quote] Ultimately, Rep Weiner had to unfollow our daughter as a favor to her so these attacks would stop. We were sorry that these bullies caused this and we were disgusted to see that even after he unfollowed her, this group of so called mothers and grown men %E2%80%94 continued to try and contact my daughter.
[quote] As a result, we forced her to shut her twitter account down. Isn%E2%80%99t that a shame? Bullied right off of something she enjoyed.
This has been going on for a while and is probably why Weiner is not eager to discuss it. But the way he is handling it is causing more problems. He should just allow the authorities to investigate this online bullying gang for creating this story to discredit a congressman, as well as for harassment of the children.
- Just read that thread today at Mediaite, R 270.\
I think it''s entirely possible that he had such a shot somewhere in his, ahem, digital files. That would explain him conceding that he can''t be sure it''s NOT him. Maybe someone hijacked it. Maybe it was intended for his wife, who knows. \
BTW, as added color to this story, many here on DL speculated about his wife being a lesbian during the last pres campaign. There were Internets rumors that she was Hil''s lover.
Been here too long
- Huma and Hillary remind me of Lalitha and Walter in "Freedom."
- Since the way he has handled this personal crisis tells us he can''t run his own life, how in hell does he think he could be a mayor?
- Cheney shot a man in the FACE, r273, and remained VICE-PRESIDENT.
- Dick Cheney''s MISTRESS shot one of his friends in the face. Cheney took the blame to cover up her presence at his allegedly guys-only canned hunting party. %0D\
Perversely, this scandal will probably AID Weiner''s plans to become Mayor of NYC.
- [quote] As he marched by waving at everybody I knew that he was straight.%0D\
Of course, he just never found the right girl until he was 46 years old. And then the right girl was a lez Muslim.
- If Rudy could be a beloved NYC mayor when he ditched his wife and dressed in drag all the time, why would this stop them from letting Anthony Weiner be their next mayor?
- No he didn''t but those who did are running for cover...
- [bold]WEINER'S TALE UNRAVELING[/bold]
As the world has attempted to make sense of Rep. Anthony Weiner%E2%80%99s claim that his Twitter account was hacked, a key clue has been missing: exactly how the notorious groin pic was posted online.
But according to data provided exclusively to The Daily from TweetCongress.org, a nonprofit website that captures each member of Congress%E2%80%99s Twitter feeds in real time, the shot seen round the world was transmitted using TweetDeck %E2%80%94 a popular Adobe desktop application that links up with social networking sites. A review of Weiner%E2%80%99s Twitter stream from May 27, the day of the crotch pic, shows that Weiner had been posting only from TweetDeck %E2%80%94 one of many ways to post messages to Twitter %E2%80%94 that entire night.
Chet Wisniewski, a senior security adviser at security software company SophosLabs, said the TweetDeck stamp %E2%80%9Cdoes make it more plausible that it did come from him.%E2%80%9D
Weiner used TweetDeck frequently, but he often also posted from the Web directly or from his BlackBerry. A widely circulated explanation for how Weiner%E2%80%99s Twitter account could have been hacked by email would also seem to be incompatible with the fact that the message in question originated on TweetDeck. If email had been used, the message probably would have originated via the photosharing site Yfrog, where the infamous picture was posted.
However, this information doesn%E2%80%99t rule out the possibility that the congressman%E2%80%99s Twitter account was infiltrated %E2%80%94 as Weiner has publicly suggested. But experts say it adds another hurdle for an alibi that has come under increasing fire.
%E2%80%9CThe complexity goes up,%E2%80%9D said Chris McCroskey, the Texas software developer who founded TweetCongress.org. The site, which has advocated the increased participation from congressmen on Twitter, aggregates and archives all the feeds of the 112th Congress from Twitter%E2%80%99s application programming interface. It is the only known database to do this other than the Library of Congress, which does not publicly share its data.
Robert Stribley, a senior information architect at Razorfish, a social media strategy agency, reasoned that if Weiner used the TweetDeck app, %E2%80%9Cit would probably make it less likely his account was hacked.%E2%80%9D
When reached by The Daily, TweetDeck%E2%80%99s community manager, Richard Barley, declined to comment.
Experts caution that there are several scenarios in which the congressman%E2%80%99s Twitter account could have been compromised. Wisniewski cautioned that a savvy hacker may have intentionally noted Weiner%E2%80%99s posting platform the night of the offending tweet, and intentionally matched it.
%E2%80%9CIf I had his password, I could add his account into my TweetDeck and start sending tweets, and it would all say %E2%80%98TweetDeck,%E2%80%99%E2%80%9D Wisniewski explained.
On the other hand, Matthew Green, chief technology officer at Independent Security Evaluators, said that if the offensive tweet had been transmitted through something other than TweetDeck that night, it might have gone a long way to exonerate Weiner.
%E2%80%9CYou have to keep in mind that if the person%E2%80%99s goal was really to frame this guy and really embarrass him %E2%80%A6 they know all the previous posts,%E2%80%9D Green said. %E2%80%9CThey%E2%80%99re going out of their way to make sure it looks like it came from him.%E2%80%9D
TweetDeck is not hacker-proof, said Jason Falls, and there still is the possibility that someone with authorized access to his Twitter account intentionally or inadvertently logged onto Weiner%E2%80%99s account and sent the picture.
In a case that has grabbed headlines recently, a woman who worked for the Red Cross accidentally tweeted about getting drunk on the organization%E2%80%99s Twitter account, thinking that she had posted it on her personal one.
As for Weiner, the TweetDeck stamp won%E2%80%99t solve the case itself. But McCroskey knows what can.
%E2%80%9CHere%E2%80%99s the thing that solves it all,%E2%80%9D said McCroskey, %E2%80%9Cfor him to call for a criminal investigation. All they have to do is look at his TweetDeck and see if it came from there, see what IP address [it had]. The local police department or Capitol Police could probably figure this out in 15 minutes.%E2%80%9D
- If a simple investigation could reveal the truth in under an hour and Weiner refuses to allow a simple investigation, well, then what does that tell you?
- Breitbart''s biggovernment has a couple more pictures that they say Weiner sent to another woman.
- More Weiner topless pics from gawker.\
So I''m guessing that he will be resigning later this afternoon?
- Huma can always go back to Hillary.
- He''s admitting it!!!!
- Hahahaha...he lied...it was him and he sent it.\
Now he''s breaking down as he talks about hurting his wife who''s less than a year.
- But he didn''t break any laws.
- And he''s not resgining, so I guess your digital circle jerk wasn''t too effective.
- Who is this dumb twat in the press corp. making such a big emotional deal about this?
- Who is this stupid cunt that keeps saying, "She''s young enough to be your daughter"?
- Hey Charlie, how about a post admitting how stupid you are?
- Some of you people are really nuts. Let us count his sins:\
1) He exercised extraordinarily terrible judgment, repeatedly, over three years.\
2) He lied about it, repeatedly, and only came clean when he was caught.\
3) He embarrassed the Democratic Party and his constituents.\
4) He gave conservative assholes a big, hideous win.\
5) He undercut any effectiveness he had by becoming a sustained national punchline.\
OF COURSE he should resign. A special election can be held in his district, which is solidly Democratic, and his constituents can actually elect someone who doesn''t think with his dick. Really, you''re all going to waste time defending this piece of shit? I''m furious at him! He just made things that much harder for Democrats. We can''t afford people like him, and this is not the occasion for us to parse whether his personal behavior should matter--it''s the time to say, "Hit the road, moron."\
This is moot, because he''s a goner within the next week.
- So what''s the story between him and Huma and the Clintons before and after this?\
Did he and Huma have a deal that he would beard for her lesbiontrics and she would give him the wife and Clinton connections he wanted to help him to seek higher office in New York?
- So, to answer OP''s question: yes.
- Anyone who wants to understand the sheer hypocrisy of the extreme left wing inhabiting this site, go back to post 293 or so and watch the worm turn and slither away.
Feels like puking
- Meanwhile R294, you''re still getting your nightly news from Bill "Sexual Harassment" O''Reilly.
- [quote]he talks about hurting his wife who''s less than a year.\
Talk about underage.
- You''re still an asshole and a troll R294.
- Jon Stewart''s take -%0D\
"Perhaps the most upsetting thing about having a friend caught up in a scandal of this nature is finding out, A) he''s packing jumbo heat, and B) he''s ripped."
- Word from the few persons who have seen picture #5 is that Anthony''s fully erect weiner reminds them of his face.
- SOOOO all you asshole liberals who were bashing Breitbart, calling him a faker a liar, etc. \
What do you have to say for yourselves NOW? \
Looks like ONCE AGAIN, we''ve got a lying liberal in office who thought he could do wrong and get away with it. \
SORRY! WRONG! \
Thank you Andrew Breitbart - for doing a MOST EXCELLENT JOB. Now if we can just bust open the fraud in the white house and get that liar impeached and imprisoned, then come 2012, we can get back on the right road to fixing what is broken in this country!
- Awww -- too bad LOSERS! \
Andrew Breitbart is RIGHT ONCE AGAIN. \
SO -- whattya gotta say now, haters and accusers who think you know so much? \
I love it. \
Got some egg on your faces now, don''tcha? I''d guess a few hundred TONS of it from the way you were shouting and screaming that Breitbart was a liar, faked the pictures and the story, etc. \
So - come on -- hit me with your flaming wit and rhetoric - I can''t WAIT to hear what you''re going to try and say in reply! LOSERS!
- Impeached and arrested for WHAT????
- Breitbart put Acorn out of business by acting like his associate James O''Keefe dressed like a pimp and secretly taped Acorn employees. It never happened. O''Keefe filmed the pimp bit later and made up the story. %0D\
Here''s another of his doctored videos where he tried to get 2 professors fired -
- Breitbart is scum.\
Weiner is an idiot, but his political heart is in the right place.\
r300/301 is both an idiot AND scum, so he/she wins.
- Jon Stewart is a hypocrite.%0D\
Last week, believing his friend Weiner to be the victim of a hacker, Stewart declared, "If he''s guilty, he''s got to go."%0D\
This week it turns out that he IS guilty and all Stewart has to say is, "Wow, he''s packing jumbo heat and he''s ripped!" %0D\
Stewart is lucky to be in a position where he can be taken seriously when he wishes to be yet he can always duck behind his profesional clown mask when it''s more expedient to do so.
- R304, I agree completely. I''d still take Weiner a thousand times over Breitbart.
- His collapse is complete. He''ll never be president now!
- I almost hate to post this, but the cockshot is out. Breitbart lied about not releasing it to protect Weiner''s family. It''s a a small, blurry pic of Breitbart''s phone, but he''s still releasing it, the fucking asshole.
- I''m sorry R300/R301, did you say something relevant?
- ROFLMAO - R305 - Jon Stewart is a COMEDIAN - not a journalist - he''s said so and he''ll make no apology for stuff like that. He''s going to say what is funny - sure he educates thru humor and helps a LOT of people see what is happening, but in no respect has he ever put himself up as a Glen Beck or an Anderson Cooper, someone people should take seriously - he''s there to make fun of those guys and does it brilliantly.
- The gray underware shot is better than the nude photo.
- [quote]Jon Stewart is a COMEDIAN %0D\
Yes, a comedian who in dead seriousness opined that "if he''s guilty he should go."%0D\
Then Weiner turned out to be guilty and Stewart switched into "comedian" mode and changed the subject, making a joke of the whole thing. %0D\
Stewart does expect to be taken seriously sometimes. I imagine he made a display of "integritiness" not thinking his friend was actually responsible for tweeting the underwear pic.
- John Stewart is overrated IMO. He is an entertainer and not a political expert.
- I think Carson Daly is HOT!
- Weinergate is back.
So, it turns out that the former Congressman (and very recent new father) is a little bi-curious.
The Voice of the Night
- I'd mess around with him.
- From Perez:
Back in November, Anthony Weiner's former mistress Traci Nobles was shopping around a tell-all book about her online relationship with the former congressman.
Now, Nobles has revealed an old conversation between herself and Weiner, in which he tries to get her to have a threesome with him…and another guy!
Here are some excerpts from the convo:
WEINER: "I'm not really talking about other chicks… How about with another guy?"
NOBLES: "Hmmmm, haven't done it before."
WEINER: "It can be hot."
NOBLES: "Are you turned on by other guys?"
WEINER: "Well it depends on the guy, but generally yes."
- Why is this being brought up now? Oh, that's right, a book deal...
- Weiner getting it on with another guy?
- I think I may vote for the Weiner. At least he's not lesbian Bloomburg Jr.
- Did Anthony Weiner Flip the Bird at his Own Party?