- I should have written, Dana Wynter, not Wynters. Sorry
- I forgot that she managed to bag Greg Bautzer.
- She did more films than just Body Snatchers. Alot of TV as well. A raven-haired beauty - like Ava Gardner and Elizabeth Taylor - but was a little too cool on screen and had no real sex appeal like other stars of the 50s.
- She was gorgeous on Invasion of the Body Snatchers. She really looked striking in the crisp black and white movie. I thought I saw her out with Sinatra once, he was probably pining for Ava, whom Dana slightly resembled. The only other movie that I saw her in was Airport.
- She was terrific and lovely in several movies like SINK THE BISMARCK and SHAKE HANDS WITH THE DEVIL and with Rock in SOMETHING OF VALUE, not seen that since I was a kid. She had a good career in television too - a lovely beauty but perhaps a second tier star, one of those leading ladies like Dorothy Malone, Martha Hyer, Vera Miles, Barbara Rush etc. and yes she certainly looked like Taylor. %0D\
Always a lady too, though she plays a good dipso in IN LOVE AND WAR with Wagner, Jeff Hunter and other 20th Century Fox players.
- Didn''t she also have a bit part as Pilot Dean Martin''s rich bitchy wife in the original AIRPORT?
- R6, she played Burt Lancaster''s neglected wife in Airport.
- When I was a kid they were always playing "Fraulein" (Her only starring movie) on TV. I loved it then but it probably doesn''t hold up well. However, she was excellent in it.
- Dean Martin''s wife was played by Barbara Hale.
- Pronounced "Donna" by the way. My friend used to mimic her dry Brit delivery in AIRPORT on the phone to Burt: "Where the HELL are you?"
- She was Stella the nurse in Alfred Hitchcock''s TV presentation "An Unlocked Window," about a nurse killer on the loose. It was a shock when it aired.%0D\
The outside of the "mansion" where the story took place was The Bates Hotel.
- She also played opposite Rock Hudson in "Something Of Value" about the Mau Mau uprising in Kenya. She was truly gorgeous.
- "it''s better to come from a broken home then live in one."\
I always remember her saying that to Burt Lancaster in Airport when she announces she wants a divorce and he says they have to stay together because of the children.
- She and Mel Ferrer were stunningly beautiful in FRAULEIN.
- On the phone to Burt: "It's always some damned excuse. Look, I'm not some ball game you can just order up!"
- If you can't stand the heat, don't look at her!
Dana Wynter as Becky Driscoll in Invasion of the Body Snatchers, 1956.
- I say if you can't stand the heat...
- Gorgeous Dana...
- Dana in dark...
- Actually I was surprised she was "only" 79.
Hair, makeup and dress made women in their 20s look very mature in the 1950s.
- R22, actually they were more mature.
- Weren't they....?
- Actually Dana Wynter was a very beautiful woman as you see
- She should play in Hitchcock movies.
- Dana Wynter & dog Yorkshire terrier and balloons Original photo, Hollywood
- 1955 Actress Dana Wynter and her escort Richard Egan Press Photo
- Dana Wynter sexy lady VINTAGE Photo Danger Has Two Faces
- ROCK HUDSON DANA WYNTER vintage 1957 MGM Dancing photo!
- 1957 Rock Hudson Dana Wynter star in the movie 'Something Of Value' Wire Photo
- 1971 Press Photo Dana Wynter in "Medical Center"
- In that last photo she looks a lot like Barbara Parkins.
- R33 :)
- Dana Wynter Rock Hudson...
- Really R15? WHY the fuck are you bumping a more than year old thread about a celebrity death just to post your picture porn?
- She was really beautiful, especially in Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
- With Richard Egan
- Yeah R38, i totally agree with you! She was awesome in that movie.
Dana Wynter, Dolores Michaels 'Fraulein'
- In Love and War...
- From the 20th Century Fox war drama 'Sink the Bismarck!'
- From the NBC TV movie 'Any Second Now' with Stewart Granger (1969)
- 'The View from Pompey's Head' with Cameron Mitchell
- Here she is again, a doll!
- About Dana Wynter...
- Dana Wynter and Mel Ferrer in 'Fraulein'
- What a view...
- She looks like Catherine Deneuve in here
- Hot again
- 1971 Press Photo Actors Dana Wynter Alf Kjellin The FBI
- With Danny Kaye in 'On the Double'
From the movie 'The View from Pompey's Head'(1955)
- From the same movie, this time she grasps him...
- Like dreaming away..
- Eye contact...and gloves
- Nothing less than beautiful
- Easy Mel!
- 'Something of Value'
- Vintage Carl Betz Dana Wynter LOVE AMERICAN STYLE '69 TV Press Portrait
- Bitches, why don't you post for Dana?
- What became of my photos fucking Brian's Drive-in Theater? Stingy ass lickers, fucking Brian's Drive-in Theater!
- Dana Wynter in 'The View from Pompey's head'...
She looks like Liz Hurley, doesn't she?
- Kevin McCarthy and Dana Wynter are given instructions by Don Siegel on the set of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
- 'Something of Value' director Richard Brooks shows Dana Wynter how to handle a gun
- Dana Wynter was an accomplished actress who started her career in British films and went to Hollywood to work for 20th Century Fox. Among her many film highlights, she made “D Day the Sixth of June”, “Invasion of the Body Snatchers”, “Sink the Bismark” and “Shake Hands with the Devil” which she made in Ireland. She mantained a home in Wicklow after making this film with James Cagney and Richard Harris. She has starred in most of the major U.S. television series e.g. “Ironside”, “Wagon Train”, “The Virginian” and “Hawaii Five O”. Irish audiences will also know her from her work in “Bracken” with Gabriel Byrne. The beautiful Dana Wynter died of heart failure in Ojai, California on the 5th May 2011.
- Guys i hope you love Dana
- 'Where Mystery Begins'
Tension reigns as Dana Wynter), just declared not guilty of murdering her husband, faces Ben Gazzara, the substitute lawyer who secured the verdict, but suspects he was compromised by her regular attorney, a man guilty of chicanery in the case.
- Dana Wynter (born Dagmar Winter on June 8, 1931 in Berlin, Germany) was a popular, elegant and sleek actress from the 1950s on.
Her most famous role was in the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers, in which she co-starred with Kevin McCarthy, Larry Gates and Carolyn Jones
- Her name is Dana Wynter
- Dana with the beautifully serious eyes
- The other guy in the pic at r62 is Mary Wicke's good friend, Elliot Reid. He is the guy who wooed Jane Russell in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes."
The handsome man in the pic at r70 is hunky and humpy Richard Egan.
- That Hitchcock TV show episode she was on about the nurses in the lonely house on a stormy night was the scariest thing ever shown on TV when I was a kid.
- I love this reader-submitted comment at the LA Times website:
Mark, your late dear mother was a great, gracious lady. Although we clashed on politics, she proved to be an extraordinary conversationalist and great story-teller. She loved her animals and living up on that beautiful, lonely mountain in the Upper Ojai. ("There was a bear on the roof of the barn the other day sunning himself", she once told me) She was a devout Liberal who often walked among the oaks with a pistol riding on her hip and a cat in her arms. And your Mom worked with everybody-- all the greats in the business at a time when Hollywood actors still possessed talent, guts and grace . She had plenty of all three. The world has produced few like her. May she Rest In Peace.
A great image, "pistol riding on her hip and a cat in her arms"