- I predict it will the NBC version of ABC''s flop The One from a few summers back.
- What the fuck is The One?
- The One was an American Idol type show that lasted 2 weeks on ABC in the summer of 2006.
- It''s going to be a career low for Carson Daly.
- I hate American Idol knock-offs. I hate American Idol and all the "talent" shows it spawned.
- THIS will be a career low for Adam Levine?
- Who is Adam Levine anyway?
- I expect a flop as well. Idol isn''t over yet; another singing competition will be overkill. They should have waited until the Fall for this. Also, the idea that these celeb judges "are choosing based on talent" is negated by the fact that producers already decided who gets to sing for the judges and who doesn''t. But, expect most people to buy the concept hook, line, and sinker, and for all involved (X-Tina, Levine, Cee-Lo, etc) to do the talk show rounds and talk about how "this takes looks out of the equation", etc.
Jaded and Tired of Tripe
- You sat there and typed this out on your iPhone? We just couldn''t go one minute without hearing your thoughts on this TV show. It looks fun, it''s just a goofy TV show. It''s not gonna make or break anyone. Relax, dearie!
C''mon, you don''t really care, do you? Really?
- I think the American Idol judges should do a group sing at the start of every show too. Show them how it''s done.
- Carson Daly is explaining the rules now and it''s already a confusing, convoluted mess.
- It was awesome and it will be a huge hit.\
They are repeating it Wednesday night and with good reason.\
The buzz will be very strong.
- Their country singer Patrick is much better than Scotty.
- I just saw it and LOVED it and im not a big fan of these types of shows. I like that they got straight to the talent and they are GOOD!!, unlike American Idol with all the unnecessary auditions. Can''t wait for the next episode
- I agree R14, it was surprisingly good.
- I will add my ''voice'' and say i LOVED it,too! Risky move with so many look a like shows but it will pay off for most of those involved.
- Much better than I''d thought it would be.
- Way better than Idol. I liked it too.
- But he''s not hotter than Scotty, R13.
- Loved it here, too.%0D\
I have never watched a single episode of Idol, btw.%0D\
Figured it was too much fake drama and not about music.%0D\
This show seems 100% about the music and it literally gave me the chills. I was nervous and joyed for the people, loved their authentic reactions.
- Never thought Adam Levine was particularly sexy until watching him on The Voice.
- I was pleasantly surprised, as well. \
I really liked it!
- another vote for "I liked it" %0D\
- Loved it, too. Hate these kind of shows, but the concept of not seeing the performers was intriguing. Didn''t like any of the judges save Ceelo, but now I like them all. The country dude is quite charming. Also liked Xtina''s four-finger grille of diamonds. Show bizzzzz.
- The judges shouldn''t be able to see who "votes" for each singer. Once their chair turns around, that''s when they should get the ''big reveal.''
- The early ratings indicate you''re wrong, OP. It''s a hit.
- r26, too early to look at ratings. A show like this is almost guaranteed a good first week because of the non-stop promos, viewer curiosity, and appeal of celeb judges. The true story is what happens next week, as that determines how many people enjoyed the show enough to watch it again.
- The online reaction has been huge, r27. The ratings will continue next week.
- I detest AI will all my soul. However, this show was a lot of fun. The friendly rivalry of the judges- Adam was pretty funny for swaying the contestant to vote for Cee-lo- and the fact that we don''t have to go through 20,000 auditions of maudlin singing.\
Plus 2 dykes!
- The thing I liked least about AI was the reliance on looks and tween appeal. I am looking forward to hearing some exceptional vocals and some interesting looking performers.
- I liked it too. I liked the pros singing Crazy. I like that there''s no age limit. I like that they''ll be mentored. %0D\
I liked that all the contestants can sing. It doesn''t have that icky feeling that AI does of pointing and laughing at people getting their dreams crushed. That''s what the Rainbow Express is for.
- I want to watch Adam Levine fuck the cowboy.\
Really, I do.\
Quite badly, in fact.\
Oh, the anti-ink squad can probably look away now, but Adam''s tatts are fantastic.
- The premiere trounced Glee (which is losing audience fast).\
That will be the ratings story of the day.
- hot pic! He is beautiful. And would be more so with a little less tattoos...but hot, nonetheless.\
I think I''ll check this show out.\
Thanks for the feedback, because I, too, was thinking it''d be a bore.
- [quote]NBC is promoting the he''ll out of this.%0D\
- I called it, damn it! I did!\
I fucking called it!
OP of the other thread, peeing myself
- Further evidence that Americans love shit.
- Seriously, have any of these wannabees ever become an "idol"? Adam Lambert was as close to a pin-up they''ve had, and he turned out to be queer (sorry all you chubby Japanese fangurls!).
- I liked the show more than I thought I would! %0D\
But I think the 22-year-old country singer from Texas whose mother died is going to regret choosing Adam Levine over Blake Shelton. Just because someone looks at you with big puppy-dog eyes and pleads "pick me! pick me!" doesn''t mean they''re the best match for you, career-wise. %0D\
If you were a singer and had your choice of those four coaches, who would you pick? I think I''d pick Cee-Lo.
- Blake Shelton is incredibly sexy and funny when he''s on Chelsea Lately. Not so much on this show...
- I''d pick Gaguilera and just shit on her the entire time.\
"Gee, ''Tina. Remember when you used to be big like Brit Brit?"
- Loved it.
- I''ll always be The Voice, bitches.
- [quote]The judges shouldn''t be able to see who "votes" for each singer. Once their chair turns around, that''s when they should get the ''big reveal.''\
That was my thought, too. I liked the show but thought that was an obvious mistake.\
Overall it was pretty lesbian-a-rific. That bald woman really split the difference between Janis Joplin and Melissa Etheridge with her vocals. Even if she doesn''t win, I bet she gets a lasting fan base at Pride and women''s music festivals.
- I watched the rebroadcast tonight. I was wrong about the show. I did enjoy it. It has a unique spin on the "Idol" type of contest. The coaches were a good pick as all of them seen genuinely interested in what''s going on and are supportive even of those not chosen. The 2 lesbians were very good and I''m glad they are moving on. I hope it continues to be an entertaining show. The opener certainly was.
- Surprisingly well done.
- Loved it. Can''t wait to watch this.
- Not a very good show, will never be like American Idol, And Cee Low and Blake Sheldon have the ugliest tattoos I have ever seen on a person. At least Adam Levin covers up.
- I have a thing for Adam Levine, so that is the only reason I decided to watch. But I ended up liking the show; and the contestants could actually sing, which surprised me.
- It''s already getting low ratings, sorry.
- Pay no attention to R50 (the already getting low ratings, sorry-troll). The Voice beat DWTS and built on its numbers as the night went on.
- It got very good ratings especially for a lame network like NBC. It''s well produced and hopefully will continue to be at least fun.
- That dyke has got to go, sorry!
- I enjoyed the judges. Christina Auguilra wasn''t a diva. Adam Lambert came off well and not as douchebaggy. Blake Sheldon wasn''t as obnoxious and Cee Lo Brown wasn''t as out there as I thought he would be.
- Did anyone notice the huge gaping hole under Christina''s lip? I watched it in HD and it was disgusting! I thought piercing holes heal up after the piercing is taken out. So people with eyebrow piercings will have two huge gaping holes above their eyes for life?!
- Still boycotting this after Blake Shelton''s queer joke on the CMAs.
- The fat black woman with the bald head. I think her name was Precious or something. Why was she kicked off Idol?
- Her name is Frenchie Davis. She was the frontrunner on American Idol until she was kicked off the show when someone unearthed some old photos she posed for when she was 19. Too risque and scandalous for American Idol.
- What was the queer joke?
- Very surprised to hear people liked the show so much.%0D\
I thought it was dull.
- [quote]Still boycotting this after Blake Shelton''s queer joke on the CMAs%0D\
He looks inbreed anyway, and his stupid tattoo looks amaturish.
- They've added Reba McIntire & Monica as advisors.
NBC's 'The Voice' Adds Reba McEntire, Monica as Advisors
It's not just about the four musician coaches anymore on NBC's The Voice.
The network announced on Friday that Reba McEntire, Monica, Sia and music producer Adam Blackstone have joined the series as new advisors who will help "judges" Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton in the "battle" rounds.
McEntire will be partnering with Shelton, Monica with Green and Aguilera will be teaming up with Sia. Levine and Blackstone will be helping their team.
The Voice debuted on Tuesday to big ratings, averaging 11.8 million viewers and a 5.1 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic. It was the highest-rated series debut since CBS' Undercover Boss early last year. An encore of The Voice also performed well, drawing 6 million viewers on Wednesday and snagging a 2.1 rating.
The blind auditions continue on The Voice next Tuesday from 9-11 p.m. with the following episodes airing after The Biggest Loser at 10 p.m.
- 10 Ways NBC can keep it a hit
This week, NBC%E2%80%99s new American Idol rival The Voice debuted with nearly 12 million viewers, making it the highest-rated premiere of the season. Another six million viewers tuned in for an encore of the two-hour premiere. How can NBC keep the show from becoming a future punch line on 30 Rock ? Here are 10 ways:
1. Keep the talent level high. We have one more week of blind auditions. We don%E2%80%99t want to see anyone come before (or behind) the coaches that producers don%E2%80%99t honestly believe has a chance of being picked for a team. We see the phrase %E2%80%9Ccolorful array of talented vocalists%E2%80%9D in an episode description, and we get nervous. Respect the coaches, respect the viewers. Javier Colon%E2%80%99s show-stopping stripped down take on Cyndi Lauper%E2%80%99s %E2%80%9CTime After Time%E2%80%9D has broken into the Top 20 on iTunes. He had two solo albums on Capitol before parting ways with the label and switching his sound. There are three other songs from contestants in the Top 200 today.
2. If the show gets a second season, don%E2%80%99t milk the blind audition round, though you%E2%80%99ll be tempted. Having the coaches%E2%80%99 backs turned to contestants, and the coaches having to sell themselves if more than one of them wants a contestant for his or her team, is one of the best reality show twists in recent memory. NBC could attempt to stretch it longer than two weeks. See No. 1.
3. Do not use theme nights. Every time these singers take the stage, it should be with whatever song they think they can sing best. Not what song out of this week%E2%80%99s options they can sing the best.
4. Keep the pressure on the coaches. The %E2%80%9CBattles%E2%80%9D round, which begins May 10, has the coaches pitting their own team members against each other in dueling duets. Each coach will choose which of his/her eight singers continue and which go home. We don%E2%80%99t like it when Idol makes it about the judges, but in this case, the coaches will have mentored each member of their team, so they are an integral part of the show. It%E2%80%99s that investment that makes what they have to say %E2%80%94 and the decisions that they will be forced to make %E2%80%94 mean something.
5. That said, fuel the coaches%E2%80%99 rivalries. If they%E2%80%99re doing a reality show, their reputations are already on the line. Now you have them choosing teams and mentoring. We%E2%80%99ve seen Christina Aguilera and Adam Levine be competitive with each other already. How many times did Adam and Cee Lo Green turn their chairs around at the same time?
6. Keep Blake Shelton%E2%80%99s mic on at all times. The country star could be the odd man out, but he%E2%80%99s the biggest smartass on the show, so he%E2%80%99ll keep himself entertaining.
7. Keep the focus on the contestants, not on their families. It%E2%80%99s sweet seeing loved ones tear up watching the auditions with host Carson Daly and praying a coach will hit his or her %E2%80%9CI want you%E2%80%9D button, but that%E2%80%99s enough of them. Viewers would rather watch the contestants with their mentors once we get past the first round.
8. Do not force two-hour shows. Beginning May 10, The Voice moves to its regular Tuesday at 8 p.m. time slot, shrinks to an hour, and goes head on with Glee and NCIS. (It was nice of Glee to do that 90-minute episode on The Voice%E2%80%98s premiere night to try to keep viewers from switching over, right?) With the two-hour Biggest Loser: Couples slated to air after The Voice then, NBC isn%E2%80%99t likely to try to supersize the episode, but let%E2%80%99s keep this in mind for the future as well: Don%E2%80%99t squander the audience%E2%80%99s good will by wasting our time.
9. If established singers guest on the show, put them to work. If the ratings remain high, we assume we%E2%80%99ll be seeing special guest stars at some point. We%E2%80%99d much rather see someone like Blake Shelton%E2%80%99s fianc%C3%A9 Miranda Lambert sing a few bars in a mentoring session than take the stage herself.
10. No swaybots. The appreciation for the talent on this show is genuine now. Never fake it.
- How does Carson Daly keep getting work?%0D\
Every time I look at Adam Levine I think about him fucking Jessica Simpson. He seems a bit of a dimbulb so I can see why they got along.%0D\
Glad to see Christina is not being a snot.%0D\
And I want Blake Shelton, how did he fly under my radar?%0D\
- [quote]6. Keep Blake Shelton''s mic on at all times. The country star could be the odd man out, but he''s the biggest smartass on the show, so he''ll keep himself entertaining.\
WTF? All mics are turned on all the time. Producers don''t remotely turn on someone''s mic when it''s their turn to talk.
- I think the writer was just trying to emphasize the point that Blake Shelton is funny.
- Who''s watching?\
None of them so far have impressed me that much. The country singer was meh, the dweeb was just slightly above meh, and the 16 yr old sang a song I detest. Oh and purple T-shirt pinged but singing Gaga rather badly didn''t help his cause.\
Wonder what the shocking conclusion is going to be?
- Every other contestant is gay? And coming out to his father on national TV?
- Blake Shelton picked the first gay guy (Soul Sister) and wanted to pick the bear, but Cee Lo got him first. Last week the Lesbians ruled and tonight the gay guys are taking charge.
- Ratings went event higher in week 2! Just as I predicted.\
Very gay show last night as well!
- I love Blake Shelton when he appears on Chelsea Lately. They have an intersting give and take that is sort of sexy and he''s very sexy on that show. He looks different somehow on The Voice. Not as hot...mmm...
- Ratings for last night.
- Wow. It''s really killing in the 18-34/49 demo.
- I love the blind auditions. It''s exciting to see who makes it and who doesn''t and what the judges like. I really thought this show was going to fall flat yet it''s good.
- Blake is funny although there''s something about his comments that make me think that in private he''s probably quite the homophobe. Christina is trying her best to appear normal but she definitely gives off a diva vibe. Cee Lo seems cool and Adam Levine seems genuinely nice and funny. Total hard on for him now.
- On one hand, I thought it was funny that Shelton picked the gay Mormon kid. On the other, what are the chances Shelton will put the poor kid through the battle rounds?
Slim to none, hon.
- Moving the show to 10PM seems like a poor idea.
- We NEED the ratings at 10pm, r77.\
We''re still trying to recover from that Leno fiasco.
- Little slow on the uptake, huh r65?
- I don''t think Blake was too happy when he realized he''d picked a gay nerd boy. Look for an early cut there.
- Give it up, r56. He didn''t say anything during the CMAs that we didn''t create threads about here on DL.
- Im watching, but this is one of the first times I have actually seen Cee Lo Green, is he like a midget or something? Or just super short?
- On March 5, country music star Blake Shelton scored his eighth No. 1 hit on Billboard''s Hot Country Songs chart for his cover of "Who Are You When I''m Not Looking."\
Tonight, however, people were looking when a tweet from his personal, verified account appeared to advocate anti-LGBT violence.\
The tweet -- which claims to be a "re-writ[e]" of Shania Twain''s "Any Man of Mine" -- states that if a man "tries Touching my behind He''s gonna be a beaten, bleedin'', heaving kind of guy..."\
Shelton currently also is a "vocal coach" on the NBC show The Voice. The other coaches include Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green.
- I just looked at this clown Shelton''s Twitter and was suitably impressed. He''s been drunk-tweeting idiotic and homophobic gems like that all along, so it''s no surprise. Some of his gay fans are apparently shocked, though.\
At 34, he''s outlived Keith Whitley (dead via alcoholism) by a year. Time''s a wastin''.
- Blake has been on the Twitter again. This time advocating violence against gays. He needs to be replaced on this show immediately.
- "He needs to be replaced on this show immediately."%0D\
People doing American Idol or The Voice are as stupid and ignorant as Blake Shelton.%0D
- No, he has NOT been advocating violence against gays. He was rewriting Shania Twain''s song from HER perspective. It''s saying that if a man touched a woman''s butt without permission, SHE should beat him to a pulp.\
But anyone, even a gay man, deserves what he gets if he touches another man''s behind without permission.
- If it''s a Shania Twain song, it''s already from her perspective isn''t it? No re-writing necessary. And why would Blake suddenly make himself the voice of Shania Twain. That excuse makes no sense and doesn''t hold water. He was tweeting about himself.
- BUMP for tonight''s show
- I felt bad for the gay Mormon kid Tyler paired up against the country guy. CeeLo and Adam both said Tyler should have won, but it was obvious Blake Shelton was going to pick the country kid.
- Blake Sheldon has to be inbreed, just look at his weird eyes. And, someone explain that stupid tattoo on his forearm, is that something from Looney Tunes?
- I believe it''s a tattoo that a bunch of gay hooligans forced on Blake during a brief stay at some Tennessee Correctional Institute.
Phineas Phinster, DUI Lawyer - None Best
- The matchups tonight were pretty tough. I couldn't help but think of some of the people I thought were weaker from the blind auditions who made it through; why couldn't they have been paired off to get eliminated? But I guess the producers wanted to start off with some strong singers to establish that there would be tough choices. Hopefully some people will get the chance to come back later.%0D
I wouldn't have picked Frenchie from the first match up - her singing's just a bit too plain and pitchy for me; she doesn't have full control over her big voice. But I accept the other singer was going to go because her pitch was off too with some of her runs.%0D
With the gay Mormon and the country singer, I know people will say Blake was biased because of the country / homophobic angle, but as good a performer as the Mormon was (better energy and style than the country guy), I thought he was a bit behind the beat and dragged the song; seemed like the band had to slow down to accomodate him. And the country singer really does have a great voice; the Mormon guy's voice is just good, but he makes it sound better by performing well.%0D
The 18-year old in the sausage casing dress showing off her boobs, looking like a mini-Mariah or a Jersey hooker, was hilarious. She has a great body, but I bet (hope) her dad was uncomfortable. I thought she deserved to go on; her voice was just more interesting to me.%0D
Last pairing was the toughest, since both were great performers and had great voices, but I thought they made the right choice.%0D
Overall, a really good show - looking forward to next week.
- [quote]Blake Sheldon has to be inbreed, just look at his weird eyes. \
Sorry, I didn''t notice with the human Picasso that is Reba McIntire sitting next to him.
- I wish I could say I was shocked he sent his gay team member home.
- I only started watching this for Dia Frampton who I''ve always loved. If dumbass Shelton sends her home I''m done.
- Worse. Show. Evah! Not even close to being as good as American Idol.
- Amen, r94. Whenever I look at her now, I see Jack Nicholson as the Joker in the first Batman movie.
- I thought the girl who went against Frenchie was better yet she lost the battle.
- Blake sent the gay guy home, but did he also keep a gay guy? Here is the bio/profile of the young country singer he kept: nerd in school, bullied by other kids, bad at sports, preferred singing to athletics, is attractive but has no girlfriend. Of course, he could be just a nerdy, nonathletic, shy straight guy, but still. It would be so neat that in his effort to nuke the gay guy, Shelton ended up with one anyway.
- That seems to be the minority opinion, r97.
- R100, I thought the part where Reba asked the country guy whether he had a girlfriend he could imagine singing to (and he said no) was SO awkward. I could see him being gay, but closeted, given the audience he''s hoping to reach.
- Loving Adam Levine with the facial hair. In my dreams, he has his body of several years ago: cut, with body hair and only a few minor tattoos, not all those stupid huge ones he has now.
- Not watching anymore. Watched the previous episodes but I''m done now.%0D\
Fuck that redneck.
- I hate that Tyler was cut;I thought he was the better singer. However, I knew Blake was going to pick the country guy no matter what. Well, at least Adam looked super hot tonight.
- Cee Lo had the hardest decision to make. Both of his "girls" were far superior to Xtina''s divas, Blake''s "boys", and Adam''s duo. I would have put both of Cee Lo''s girls through before allowing the country singer a spot or Frenchie. However, the show has a format to stick to so we''re stuck with the Hunka Burnin'' Love, Frenchie and Adam''s little ray of sunshine (who I also really liked).
- I could not believe my eyes when I saw Reba!\
Can''t these stars just grow old gracefully???\
IT DOESN''T LOOK GOOD!!!! SHE LOOKS LIKE A PLASTIC DOLL!
- The country boy is gay, too. I know that for a fact.
- Why does a nice Jewish boy like Adam Levine have so many damn tattoos?
- Yeah I kinda feel like that Patrick kid is gay too.
- Agreed with Adam and Cee Lo''s decisions. Christina and Blake''s, not so much.
- Agreed that Xtina and Blake made the wrong choices. I don''t understand why CeeLo had two of his best up there against each other..not smart if you want to win the competition. That being said I''m glad Vicci won. I love her heart and she is a hometown girl too here from Seattle. She reminds me of a softer Joan Jett..making the "warrior" attitude like CeeLo said..
- What a surprise - the delicate DL kweens whining about body hair and tattoos. You''d think they got a dime or a token out of Mom''s basement every time they do it.
- I think they were trying to pair up the ones with the most similar voices. Which would be why Cee Lo put Vicci and Niki together. They were both amazing, but they sounded very much a like.\
I agreed with everyone''s choice... but Blake''s. Although I can''t say I dislike that Patrick guy, he''s cute and he seems sweet, but Tyler was better.
- Is CeeLo on the down low?
- That''s the rumor, r115.
- Is it me or is Xtina making googly eyes at Vicci everytime she sings? I heard Vicci broke up with her girlfriend during the show..hmm..wonder if she and Xtina had some "special" coaching sessions..
- Just watching this episode on E. Christina is a mess. She is all puffed up. She''s really looking like a boozehound.%0D\
Someone needs to talk to her. She needs a complete restyle. Her hair is awful, her clothes are awful, and her makeup is awful. She''s dressing like a 20 year old and she needs to just stop.%0D\
The booze is making her fat too. %0D\
Someone who loves her needs to talk to her.
- Wait - I thought this was an amateur singing competition.%0D\
Frenchie was on fucking Broadway after she was kicked off Idol. This is kinda bullshit if you ask me.%0D\
The woman was nominated for a Grammy. How the hell does that make her an amateur?
- Who said it was an amateur singing competition?
- Yeah, R20.\
I think a few of the contestants have performed on Broadway.
- Looks like some interesting match-ups for tomorrow night. I heard Vicci is going to be on the Today show on Tuesday morning in case anyone is ineterested.
- Here''s the new "Broadway"/"A Star is Born" TV show NBC will pair with The Voice next season.\
It''s called "Smash".
- Did anyone else notice that CeeLo picked his openly gay singers (the Bear guy) and (the baby dyke), Xtina picked her openly Lesbian singer Beverly, but Blake did not choose his openly gay singer (the Mormon kid). CeeLo openly gushed over Beverly''s performance last night.\
Doesn''t look very good on Blake what with all of his tweets and such.
- Well I guess it''s not a "big embarrassment for all involved," is it OP?
- [quote]I thought the girl who went against Frenchie was better yet she lost the battle.\
Perhaps it was the way the editing was done, but the girl who sang with Frenchie and got sent home was acting a little too cunty, even though she could sing better.
- The one who sang against Frenchie was off-key more than she should have been. Just like she was during her first performance.
- The girl who went against Frenchie had a better suited voice for the song they performed, but she screamed certain parts, and had an ugly lacefront. Frenchie had a better tone.
- I have to be honest, I didn''t agree with Cee Lo''s choice. I love the fact that this show is gay-friendly(these out and proud contestants would not make it very far on Idol),but I thought that the guy with the big Afro shouldn''t have been cut. His voice was beautiful during his battle with the chubby guy who growled too much.
- Frenchie''s opponent was Tarralyn Ramsey who won VH1''s series "Born to Diva" and also had a recording contract with Tommy Mottola, so credentials wise, it was a fair fight.
- I''m ready for Dia Frampton''s battle. I''ve always loved her.
- Season 1 is still not finished and the Season 2 premiere has been announced already. It will follow the Superbowl on February 5, 2012.
- Levine was spot on " I stand by you" was out of range for both teenage singers. But give Blake credit for owning up to it and also saying you do have to sing tough songs sometimes. As noted by the judges , they were nervous nellies which was endearing.
- E! is rerunning the shows so far. They''re in the battle rounds now.
- for a show called the Voice, there are very few contestants on here that actually have good voices.
- So tired of these "talent" shows.
- It''s 2 hours tomorrow night (June 7/11 9:00 PM) and the "coaches" will be performing a number together. I wonder if the home audience can vote the coaches off too?
- Singers Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green and Blake Shelton will perform a medley of Queen songs on their US talent show The Voice.\
The four judges will perform Queen hits Bohemian Rhapsody, We Are The Champions, and We Will Rock You on the first live broadcast of the show due to air on Tuesday.\
The four stars sit on the judging panel of the hit talent competition - and offer wannabes advice on how to improve their performances.\
The artists last sang together on Gnarls Barkley hit tune Crazy during the new show''s debut.
- Uhmm hello. Tonite was the live show. Snarking to begin.\
Blake and Adam hot.\
frenchies and that Rachel gal hit bum notes.\
Xenon poor dear very nervous.\
ceelo needs his glasses.\
I want to see Bo and his jandras.
- Xtina was a fucking pain in the ass to watch tonight. At the end when she told the short little gay country singer to take off his pants I was so embarrassed for him, what with his parents and little sister watching him in the audience.\
I think the country singer will be safe as he is the only one on the show to sing country.\
The rocker lesbian (Beverly?) was really good tonight but then I''ve loved her every week she''s performed. I hope the gays power vote for her.\
Frenchie is one of only two black performers (is there anyone else besided Colon & Frenchie?) so I can''t see her not making it through.\
Dia Frampton was okay but nervous. I liked the way she performed the Kanye song, very different but very good.
- I think it will be Dia and the country guy for Blake, Frenchie and Beverly for Christina
- Whoreistina made someone take off his pants in front of everyone??? What a freak!%0D\
I refuse to watch this show because I can''t STAND Carson Daly. He''s so boring and dull. And why has he had the same haircut since the 90''s?
- I think there were a few quick nipslips in the Lady Marmalade performance. Christina''s bosoms were a booming out of that dress.
- Team Blake blew Team Xtina out of the water with the team performance. They killed with their cover of Maroon 5''s "This Love" and Adam''s reaction was hilarious.\
Rachel Campos looked like Gloria Estefan''s Mini-Me. Our gal Bev gave the best performance from Team Xtina, though choosing Melissa''s "I''m the Only One" was just too cliched.\
Patrick Thomas will probably be the one from Blake''s team to make it to the finals.
- What no mention about Xtina telling Dia she wanted to curl up on the couch with her and watch TV or a movie?\
Xtina is such a bitch and a letch.
- Oh goodness, Xtina had them singing Lady Marmalade? Is she trying to relive her heyday?
- Yes, R146. Next time? The Mickey Mouse Club Singalong!
- Loved Dia''s performance!
- Christina looked whorendous in those shorts and that makeup during the Queen number. Dear God, her thighs are enormous! And it must have been incredibly uncomfortable to have to sit in those things.\
I wish Blake Shelton wasn''t a homophobic asshole/country singer. And I still mourn that Adam Levine defaced his cute body with all of those stupid tattoos.
- Dia is definitely my favorite, and the only one I''ll waste time voting on.\
I''m hoping for her, the country guy, and the two bald ladies.
- It''s a good concept. I have said for years that if Janis Joplin came along now she''d never stand a chance with her looks. Looks get way too much consideration.
- Frenchie''s performance was on a whole other level. She was freaking amazing.
- She''s out of tune, r152.
- re 153%0D\
...maybe for someone who is tone deaf.
- I fast forward through all the hooplah (and Carson) and there is remarkably little actual performance. Anyhoo...Beverly (although agreed cliched song but I love that song and if you get a chance to see Melissa''s video for it take it), Frenchie and Dia were the best. Also kind of liked the desperate rocker dad of six but the half assed attempt at the Bret Michael''s look just has to stop. That shy girl should just go away. I agree about Adam. So cute and so fucked with all the tatoos. Christina is seriously hard to look at. Cee Lo (whose cd I love) does need eyewear and Blake got some glamour shots and lighting last night worthy of Marilyn.
Hopped up on caffeine at work
- I watched it this morning. If you recorded it, go to the 1h34m or thereabout after Blake Shelton makes a joke about having a big dick. Levine says "Really? Really?", and Daly says "That''s nice. Real classy."\
Then watch Daly check out Shelton''s bulge.\
- I wanted to like that desperate rocker dad of six but I really don''t care for his voice and I like his stupid get-up, complete with bandana, even less.
- I could barely hear the shy girl. I felt bad for her because I know she''s still a young girl and all of this is probably overwhelming; but I think she''s going home. I liked Bev and Frenchie (and a few others I can''t think of at the moment). I also liked super hot Adam of course lol.
- Frenchie has lost most of her voice. She sounds really weak now. Same for Xtina.
Melissa, making a batch of sprinkle cookies for your
- I like Xenia''s voice. I hope she makes it through. It''s going to be very interesting to see her transform from a shy little girl into a real performer over the course of the show.
- [quote]It''s going to be very interesting to see her transform from a shy little girl into a real performer over the course of the show.\
It''s not that hard.
- Dia Frampton is a bad ass on this show. I hope she wins.
- So glad Dia made it through. \
Is Christina trying to get a guest spot on Jersey Shore? Wtf is up with that tan?
- I was shocked that Blake picked Xenia. I like her and her voice, but there''s no way she was at the level of the two guys. She''s obviously the stable donkey for Dia the racehorse.
- Xenia has an incredible voice and tone. I don''t get the fuss over Dia.
- Lil'' Baby Dyke sang the shit out of Jolene.
- I''m loving Christina for jetisoning the two two tweens and going with a pair of fierce bald women.
- This show goes on and on but that being said there is some good singing going on. Last night the baby dyke, Adam''s girl who played the guitar and the gnarly gay guy were the best. Could not stand the queen (although he doesn''t know it) who mentioned his dead mom and sang Carrie U and the country western dude who sang addicted to love. The latino guy did way too many runs and it was just so freaking distracting in the context of such a pure song. Awful. Speaking of doing too many runs, Christina A. is really grasping at this chance for a comeback. Last night she was certainly animated. Adam is wicked cute though.
- I get serious stalker vibes from Dia. Something about her eyes.%0D\
- Who is baby dyke?
- The chick who sang Jolene. So far there are three out gay people...Beverley, baby dyke and gnarly bear.
- Vicci Martinez is the baby dyke. Blake said that Xenia offered the most opportunity for "change," meaning he wants to see how she develops over the course of the show. \
Jeff and Curtis, the country dudes, are almost caricatures of country singers, all style over substance. Tori and Taylor just plain sucked. For Cee Lo''s team, it has to be Vicci and Nakia.\
For Adam''s team, it''ll be Javier and Casey or Devon. I hope that Jeff''s dead mom story doesn''t get him advanced by the viewers.
- I think it''ll probably be Vicci, Nakia, Javier, and Jeff. I really like the first three, and I doubt they''ll eliminate all the country singers at once, so I think Jeff will stay since Curtis doesn''t have a chance.\
I was happy Beverly, French, and most of all Dia made it. I was rooting for the cute country guy over the little girl with a snaggle tooth, but I guess you can''t win them all.
- Looks like "The Voice" is not the embarrassment the OP and all the Christina-haters had hoped for:\
[bold]TV Ratings: NBC''s ''The Voice'' drowns out the competition[/bold]\
"The Voice" didn''t have much trouble shouting down the competition on Tuesday night since NBC was the only network running original programming in its time slot. Another NBC offering, "America''s Got Talent," also trumped a slate of (mostly) reruns on offer from the other networks. FOX''s "Masterchef," also running in the 8 p.m. slot, failed to attract a significant audience.
- Is there a site that you can view the downloads from I-Tunes? The coaches were talking about Dia''s downloads from I-Tunes being more than the others. Is there a web-site where you can track which singer from The Voice has the most downloads?
- Just look at the top singles on iTunes. Currently Dia is at number 12 which means she''s still higher than everyone from this week except Javier who''s at 11.
- I like the voice - they at least have contestants with talent unlike the last american idol shows.
- I can'' recall any TV competition in which 1/2 (maybe 2/3 if my gaydar is working?) of the finalists were gay and out.\
Beverly is so over the top talented you can''t not admire her. Plus she seems genuinely gracious. I''m even getting used to her tattoos and shaved head... God help me! I really like her partner also. How did they ever get together? She seems so "normal".
- I was surprised to see that bald dyke was America''s choice.%0D\
She seems like a nice person and all, but she''s more bravado and force than actual talent. Nothing wrong with that, but she seems more like a really great bar-band singer than an actual star in the making.
- The show itself may not be an embarrassment but now a second coach is being accused of homophobia.
[bold]Cee Lo Green defends himself against homophobic accusations[/bold]
The Voice coach Cee Lo Green has defended himself against accusations that he is homophobic, after his Twitter rant last week.
The 37-year-old singer was left feeling angry after a music editor, Andrea Svensson, blasted his performance in Minneapolis with pop star Rihanna.
On Friday, he posted on his Twitter page: "I respect your criticism, but be fair! People enjoyed last night!
"I'm guessing you're gay? And my masculinity offended you? Well, f*** you!"
Cee Lo quickly deleted the post and later spoke about the offensive message, claiming it was just a joke.
He said: "At the time I didn't even know what gender the person was. I was being a little outspoken that night, a little outrageous.
"I always expect people to assume that everything I do is part of my character and sense of humour.
"I assumed that whoever it was would assume it was all in good fun. It wasn't taken so well, apparently."
Green went on to insist he is not homophobic.
He said: "I most certainly am not harbouring any sort of negative feeling toward the gay community.
"I'm one of the most liberal artists that I think you will ever meet, and I pride myself on that.
"Two of the remaining members that I have on my team on The Voice are proud and outspokenly gay."
But the Forget You singer did admit he wishes he could turn back time.
He added to US Weekly: "If I could take it all back, I would. I was not being serious, I just wanted to defend our performance.
"It was only our third show with a whole new crew and we were all really proud about the progress that we had made."
- I checked the ITunes top 100 downloads and here''s the standings for The Voice:\
#54 - Dia Frampton (already moving on)\
#74 - Javier Colon - Team Adam\
#87 - Vicci Martinez (Baby Dyke) - Team Cee Lo\
Nobody else from last week made the top 100. Does this mean Javier & Vicci (from different coaches) are both safe?
- Has Bev ever made the top 100 on ITunes?
iTunes isn''t the only thing that counts. Phone votes and poll votes on the official website also count as well, but it is a good indication of who will probably be safe. Anyway, that who I figured would make it anyway. If the four that advance aren''t Javier, Vicci, Nakia, and Jeff... I''ll be very surprised.
- I''m shocked he took Casey over Jeff. I guess I have to accept Adam is straight after all because wanting to fuck her is the only reason to keep her over Jeff.
- Beverly, Javier and Nakia killed last night. I really think Javier will win the whole shebang.
- I think it''ll be Javier or Dia who wins. I would be shocked if is wasn''t one or the other.\
And unfortunately I have to disagree and say Vicci was better thank Nakia and will probably be the one to advance. As much as I''d like a non-stereotypical gay man in the finals, I think it''ll be two lesbians getting 3rd and 4th place.
- I don''t understand the appeal of Dia Frampton. She is unremarkable.%0D\
I think Nakia is the best vocalist. He has an interesting, strong voice. Unfortunately, his image is something that won''t appeal to enough people to sustain a mainstream or close to mainstream career. He has to lose the weight, shave and cut his hair.
- The only pairing that I had to think about last night was Nakia and Vicci. I think Vicci''s great, but in my opinion that song seemed to overwhelm her at points. I think she''ll win, but I voted for Nakia.\
I was not expecting the scoring to be "Dancing with the Stars" style with audience and judges 50/50. Can''t imagine it will make a difference, but it''s potentially interesting if they show the vote percentages.
- Vicci is through to the finals.\
I''m rooting for Javier & Bev.
- At first I wasn''t sure about Bev, but now I''m a big fan. I hope she wins, if she doesn''t, then I hope it''s Javier ( he''s kind of cute too).
- I love Bev and Frenchie - I wish they both could go through to the finals.\
I really feel for the coaches...
- I honestly want to vomit when I watch Carson daly. He has NO personality. He continues his cue no matter what the judges or contestants say. He''s talentless to the point of this being my very first post about any show. This show could have something if they had a good presenter like Ryan from American idol. Get someone who banters better and has personality and maybe this show will work as that job can make or break a show.
- I think Javier, Dia and Vicci will be the final three. I think Dia is OK but I am afraid she might win the whole thing. Either Vicci or Javier would be fine with me. \
I like Carson way better than Seacrest.
- I like Carson as well... and I think he''s sexy.
- I felt so bad for Frenchie, but I''m very happy that Bev made it through.
- Well Javier''s song was pure unadulterated shite. I would never buy it or even download it for free. Full of trills and so much melisma I thought I''d go deaf. He really has such a nice voice and why they''d stick him with this crap I don''t know. I guess they truly want Dia Frampton to win.
- I''m actually watching this and not impressed so far. The black guy on America''s got talent who sounds like Sinatra is tons better than these people. That bald lesbian is good however.
- CeLo is wearing a caftan!
- Vicci''s song was a bit better than poor Javier''s but it was so much a Bonnie Tyler Total Piece Of The Heart type remake. I would probably donwload it for free, but I doubt that I''d buy it as I already have Bonnie''s version.
- Sorry it''s Total Eclipse of The Heart.
- I thought the duet bwt Bev and Christina was brilliant!! Too bad you can''t vote for the duets. \
- Dia sings like an asthmatic kitten....I don''t get it.
- Agree with R201; the Christina/Beverly duet was the best thing on the show tonight.\
Vicci''s original song wasn''t bad, but the rest were stinkers. Probably pulled from the bottom drawer of the "songs we own but nobody wants" cabinet. I had to fast-forward through Dia''s.\
Did Brad and Blake go out after the show? Did they run into any gay people?\
I''ll be happy if anyone but Dia wins. I voted for Bev.
- I actually liked Bev''s original a lot....it was just retro 80''s rock without a brain in it''s head.
- I want to plow Adam Levine''s hole senseless
- Xtina & Bev singing Beautiful
- Cee Lo & Vicci doing Love Is A Battlefield.
- Adam Levine & Javier Colon duet on Man In The Mirror.
- R206 Poor Christina, trying to relive her heyday by singing one of her songs from almost a decade ago.
- It was pretty trashy, or perhaps dirrrrrrrrrty for Xtina to be singing her own song when all the other judges picked other artists'' songs to sing for their duets.
- Actually it was Beverly who chose that song to sing with Xtina. I''m sure Xtina didn''t need any coaxing to sing it with her. I think it was a highlight of the show to hear them sing that together.
- R210 That''s exactly what I was thinking.%0D\
R211 I think that Bev was "encouraged" by Xtina to sing that song for the exact reason that R210 mentioned. Christina simply wanted to relive her heyday when she was actually relevant.
- Ok, Dido has a song called "Afraid to Sleep" that has exactly the same lyrics as the Vicci Martinez song, but a completely different melody. Odd.
- [quote]This show could have something if they had a good presenter like Ryan from American idol. \
Oh, my sides.\
- I continue to scratch my head over the fact that Dia appears to be the favorite when I think she''s the worst. I fully expect the shy, thin-voiced waif to win tonight.
- Christina A''s voice is completely gone. All she has left is a husky growl.
- R215 Sorry you can''t see it. They''re all excellent, but she''s by far my favorite.
- All of these "singers" are horrible and talentless.
- R218 Is a jealous whore singing into his toothbrush in the bathroom.
- J''adore Dia!
- And Javier for the win.
- I''m crying about it right now. Fucking 2%. And less people bothered to actually BUY Javier''s song.
- Dia got a boost from Blake''s fans. Definitely. And to have his good ol boy BFF Brad Paisley on last night? You kno the country folk were tuned in in force.%0D\
But Javier won and I''m glad. I was happy for him and I LOVE Adam Levine. I only knew him thru his mnusic before the show. Adam is cool.%0D\
Cannot stand Christina now that I''ve seen her personality. Tonight, when she had her turn for last words for Bev, she had to make it about her,used the time to talk to her fellow judges, trying to smooth over her insulting behavior. She''s an embarrassment. I guess we should be grateful that she was sober for the show.
- [quote]And less people bothered to actually BUY Javier''s song.\
- I guess the best (only) man won tonight. I was so sure Dia was going to win but I actually shouted a little for Javier. I would have preferred Vicci, the baby dyke to win it all but that wasn''t in the cards for either her or her big sister Beverly. \
It was funny but when Bev sang with that guy (who ever he was), I thought she took over the performance and blew him out of the water. \
Dia''s weak voice was spotlighted when she sang with the Reba-wannabe (who was married to Blake). It was very telling that she had no country voice or rock voice. She should make records of easy listening crap that you hear \
while shopping. That would be her forte in my opinion.\
Javier and Stevie Nicks sang beautifully together. He had no trills or melisma in his rendition. It was great.
- R223 I agree. I cannot STAND Christina and I think they should get rid of her as a judge. She''s always trying to make everything about her. So sick of the bloated whore.
- I hope they replace Christina with Pink. That''s be awesome.
- [quote]I hope they replace Christina with Pink. That''s be awesome.\
I just peed myself a little.\
That would be awesome.
- Best part of the evening: Beverly''s cane.
- I expected Javier to win. Unfortunately, he will be in the same position he was in before the show began. He actually won a previous singing competition on TV. His popularity quickly fizzled afterward. Black people are not receptive to that kind of music at this time.%0D\
I thought Adam Levine made a bigger idiot out of himself this season than Christina. He made mountains out of mole hills with Christina. She did come off as self-centered, stubborn and pretentious. I didn''t like that she took the opportunity tonight to talk about herself instead of Bev.
- If anything, they should have a whole new slate of judges/coaches next season.
- [quote]Black people are not receptive to that kind of music at this time.\
I had no idea that black people had elected you the spokesman for their tastes, R230. Congrats!
- R228 Ugh, no thanks. I don''t like Christina, but I DESPISE Pink. She tries so hard to be tough and it comes off so fake.%0D\
How about Diana Ross? She''s got nothing better to do these days.
- Surprising R230. I found Adam to be the most realistic of the judges this season, and I found every member of his team to be very talented. There was at least one person on each of the other teams I found to be a questionable choice, but if you remember in the beginning, he took his time and picked the people he really believed in.
- Thank god the man won. Even if it had to be a man of color. At least one of those carpet munchers didn''t win, especially that complete bull dyke one.
- Nakia, man... Nakia shoulda been there.
- I''m glad the best singer won. \
Javier had the best voice.
- [quote] J''adore Dia!\
- Next season, it would be a more interesting show if the word "amazing" was banned from being used. I think the judges and contestants would be speechless
Save Amazing for the Truly Amazing
- The Voice came along at the right time.\
America is tired of bitchiness.\
The Voice was fun because the bitchiness was half-hearted and between the judges.\
It will be really interesting to see how Simon Cowell does with his new show.
- I liked the Voice better than Idol. Not all of America wants to hear from singers aged 16-24.
- [quote] I liked the Voice better than Idol. Not all of America wants to hear from singers aged 16-24.\
How do you know?
- R225, Miranda Lambert may be many things (including a bitch -- I''ve met her) but she is NOT a Reba wannabe.%0D\
Also, again, the bald dyke had a cane, people!
- Which of The Voice Judges Are Returning Next Season?\
- This was a test run.\
The Super Bowl lead-in next year makes it a mega-hit.\
- [R241], Idol''s age requirements are 15-28.
- The big question is: Will NBC put "The Voice" head-to-head against "American Idol" next year?
- Why exactly did Beaverly have a cane with her? I honestly thought that was just a bad DL joke.
- R248 That cane looked retarded. I also thought the whole "lesbians with a cane" thing was a joke, but apparently not!
- I started really interested and excited in the Voice then I thought it kinda sucked. Didn''t vote in the last one or even watch the finale.%0D\
The coaches get on my nerves. Why do they bother asking them how they did when no one says anything different. Just talk to their coach not all three to have them say the same shit they say about everyone each week.%0D\
I appreciated it being different and I liked them having more input from professionals but it was too much Blake, Levine, Celo and Christina. Didn''t really like it being so much about them.
- I respectfully disagree R250....the fact that the judges had a vested interest and were actually involved is what made the show exciting to me. Idol bores me to tears because the judges are essentially neuter. Why are they there if they don''t really have a say in who wins?
- My niece refers to Beverly as "Auntie Fester" but it is really a term of endearment. She loves her.
- US star Cee Lo Green is reportedly set to sign up for the UK version of The Voice.\
The Forget You singer, 37, is already a coach on the US version of the talent show and it''s claimed he will be signing up for the new BBC version when it launches in the UK next year.\
According to UK newspaper Daily Star, he said: "I have been offered the coaching gig. I plan to take it.\
"We just have to work out a schedule that is not completely overbearing."\
It''s claimed Cheryl Cole is also on the wishlist of BBC bosses for the new show, which is set to rival The X Factor.
- Christina was paid more then the other 3 coaches combined.%0D\
I wonder if the other 3 will get raises for a second season...
- [quote] Christina was paid more then the other 3 coaches combined.\
Who told you that?
- Yeah she was paid 250,000 compared to 75,000 for the men. She also got her own personals assistants and stylist.
- [bold]The Voice bosses deny rumours Christina Aguilera will be axed[/bold]\
Christina Aguilera is in no danger of losing her spot on The Voice after network bosses have slammed rumours she will be axed from the singing talent show.\
It was claimed that producers at US network NBC planned to fire the 30-year-old as a coach on the show, where she serves alongside Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Cee Lo Green.\
And despite the fact that Aguilera has already signed on to return to the show for a second series, network chiefs were said to be unhappy with the amount of time the Burlesque star spent with the acts and wanted her removed from the line-up if the programme goes into a third run.\
However, Paul Telegdy, NBC Executive Vice President, told Access Hollywood: "There is absolutely no truth to the rumour."
- Aaron Bing and Tarralyn Ramsey's new song "Believe" is now on itunes. Nice smooth jazz tune.
- I have zero interest in this show now that Christina has quit.
- Shakira isn't terribly likable - sure, Christina was a bitch, but she had that gay bitchiness that made it interesting. Who is the other new coach?
Christina actually gave the best advice to her team.
I honestly can't even understand what Shakira is saying in the clips.
- check out tarralyn ramsey's duet with aaron bing
i hope sasha allen wins this season! stunning voice! a mixture of whitney and deborah cox.
- Michelle Chamuel has some really good original stuff out under her handle of "The Reverb Junkie" -- not sure what to call the genre, though. Electronic? Alt-Dance?
Love Sasha Allen also and Judith Hill. Not so impressed with any of the guys so far.
- Christina gave terrible advice. She was amusing to watch for the bitchiness alone, but her prickly and self-absorbed personality makes her incapable of nurturing. Her singers always fail.
- What a total ripoff for Team Adam on tonight's show. All three of his team members should have advanced. You could see his surprise when they were both sent home.
Team Blake had two singers place, both of whom should have gone home. Danielle Bradbery was going to place and she knew it and looked totally smug prior to her name being announced. The Swon Brothers and Amber Carrington both should have been sent home. It seems like The Voice is turning into a country show rather than an all around singing competition. I don't want to see smug Blake Shelton win another year in a row either.
- Exactly what R266 said.
- R266 here. Sorry, I meant Holly Tucker should have gone home, not Amber Carrington. How totally disappointing this show was tonight.
- Betcha Judith already had a record deal and was using the show as a vehicle to get her name out there.
In the end, it will be the cute little country singer vs. Michelle with glasses. Glasses will win.
- Miss Adam.
- I was flipping through the channels and watched about 5 minutes of this show, and I couldn't believe how gay Adam sounds. Does he talk like that all the time? Do you actually think he's straight???
Also, that Shakira bitch is snotty.
- [quote]What a total ripoff for Team Adam on tonight's show. All three of his team members should have advanced.
Amber is a given and I'll give you Judith, but Sarah turned in literally the worst performance I have ever seen on this show. She deserved to be eliminated twice.
- Sasha seems to be the most versatile. She can pull off any type of song. Thought when she did Beatles "Oh, Darlin'" as a torch song it was amazing.
Was glad to see Judith leave. IMO she is a professional having been Michael Jackson's back-up singer and should never have been chosen.
- I pretty much checked out when all the country singers were saved and Josiah was let go.
- 273 Judith is/was a back up singer and would have had a duet with Micheal in his This Is It tour if he had not died. There have been a few other back up singers as contestants as well she is not the first. I like having the more professional artists on this show. It is nice listening to people who know how to sing for a change. If you want strict amateurs stick to watching Idol.
- Blake being a country artist has that entire fan base that will vote for his artists. It will be difficult to get anyone to be a winner as long as a country artist is on the panel country fans are loyal and plentiful any other genre doesn't stand a chance against them. Not even adorable Adam's fans are enough to eclipse it.
- [quote]I pretty much checked out when all the country singers were saved and Josiah was let go.
I agree. Why do all of these singing shows always have to turn into country shit? Don't they have a shitty competition show on CMT where they can have all the country music they want?
- I agree, too much country. I thought Josiah was robbed. For future contestants, I would never pick Blake because he tossed out any non country artist in the knock out round or whatever they call it.
- Blake has never won with a country singer, so it stands to reason that people just like him, not his music.
- Josiah may have been handsome, but he was smug and unlikable. Backup singer material.
Judith already has the connections. She is using the show as a tool. It's a crap shoot from here on out but my odds are on Glasses.
- Josiah was a contestant on Bravo's "Make Me a Supermodel".
His voice was thin and he came off as cocky and "vote for me because I am pretty"
- You mean Liz Lemon 280?
- Datalounge would have voted Josiah through to The Voice championship if he had performed in a Speedo. Poor coaching decision, I say.
- I thought Blake was being short-sighted when he eliminated his more talented team members in order to keep an all-country team, but he was actually very shrewd. All those country artists (including Adam's) means the majority of the show is country music, which draws more country fans, which results in more country voters. Poor Michelle and Sasha should enjoy their last performances next week, after which the show turns into the Grand Old Opry.
As I was fast-forwarding through most of the performances on this week's show, I thought about how exclusionary country music feels to me. That is to say, I can listen to any other type of music in the world, even if it's not my taste or part of my culture, and still enjoy it and/or relate to it on some level; except for modern country music. Every other music says, "hey, here's what we're about, come party with us" -- while country says, "just stay over there with your own kind." How do they manage to make the universal language so unfriendly? It's like fucking up scrambled eggs.
- I hope Sasha Allen wins!
- Judith's voice is not my cup of tea. Pretty girl but not that disappointed that she's gone.
- I hated that "Grandpa" song, because it sounded like a paean to the so-called "good ol' days" when you never had to see a gay and the negroes knew their place. Blech.
I'm giving the show another week to see if anything other than cornpone survives. If not, then I hope NBC plans to sell a lot of Confederate flag memorabilia on their little show because no one else will be watching.
- [quote]Grand Old Opry
- r284 - so you hate Tammy Wynette & George Jones??
- Levine is in hot water for muttering "I hate this country" when his team was eliminated. I really don't blame him.
- [quote]Was glad to see Judith leave. IMO she is a professional having been Michael Jackson's back-up singer and should never have been chosen.
I guess you don't really know what kind of show the Voice is do you? From the beginning, they made it clear this show is not to discover amateur singers. Sure, some do get in, but most have been performing for a while already and many are "indie" artists and have even put albums out already. The Voice casting people even seek out professional singers who haven't quite "made it" yet.
- Judith Hill is "shocked" that she was eliminated. It is precisely this attitude that I think made her unlikable.
- Judith Hill came off as phony, that is why she was eliminated. Very fake acting. She stated early on that after MJ died she had many offers but decided to take a step back. I don't buy it. Most likely nothing panned out for her, hence her appearance on "The Voice".
- Oh, what wretched pandering crap is being foisted on the public by Blake Shelton! He just forced "The Swon Brothers" to sing the Tea Party classic "Okie from Muskogee" (sample lyric: "We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee" and "we don't take trips on LSD"). I suppose he is hoping to pimp the Oklahoma tornado tragedy by selling it on iTunes.
I wish Michelle Chamuel or Sasha Allen would sing "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" just for the irony.
- Sasha and Michelle killed it last night. My money is on Michelle, but if Sasha sings again like she did last night, who knows.
Michelle singing the Taylor Swift songs proves something else in my book. Like her or not, Taylor Swift, if nothing else, is a song writer.
The Swon brothers will have a career regardless. I would think any touring star would love to have them as an opening act. There aren't many in country music at any level that don't know about the Swon bros.
Give some due to the man from Muskogee. He was around long before there was a tea party. They did a great version.
- Shakira and Usher are better coaches than Christina and Ceelo. I don't look forward to their return next season.
I have checked out now that it is mostly a country show. I know other people who stopped watching this week as well for the same reason.
- [quote] Like her or not, Taylor Swift, if nothing else, is a song writer.
People still think she actually writes her own songs?
BTW, what color is her hair? Khaki? Straw?
- I liked how Shakira gave Sasha a country song to sing at the end.
She killed it. None of those other folks would be able to sing "Ain't no way" like she did." But alas, it will prob go to one of the other females.
- They should just do a spin off called The Voice Country.
- Given the declining ratings in recent weeks, viewers seem to be turned off by the all country show.
- I know I am. I like a variety of music, including some country music. Having said that, this show and the recent voting off of two much better singers really has turned me off to The Voice.
- It might give you some solace to know that it looks like Sasha Allen and Michelle Chamuel (the two non-country singers) are hitting their strides and likely to stick around for a while.
I've said it before, but it is definitely worth checking out some of Chamuel's original music (she has recorded as "The Reverb Junkie" but also with her former band "Ella Riot"). I especially like "You Don't Know" and "It Could Be."
She's gay, too, FWIW
- This is the first season I have seen the show from the beginning. Now that Adam & Shakira have lost their last team members will they no longer be on the show?
- They will be there for the finale. I'm sure they're contractually obligated, and Xtina was there last year even though she didn't have a contestant anymore.
Does anyone else think Usher is so devoted to his contestant, Michelle, because she is a lesbian and he is closeted? It's a really interesting dynamic the two of them have.
- I agree with the others - I'm tired of how all these singing shows always seem to somehow end up focusing on country artists.
BTW, has anyone noticed that the winners of previous seasons have basically just "disappeared"? This show doesn't seem to help launch careers at all.
- I only watched cause Sasha was on and now I'm over it since she's been eliminated. Fuck these country artists. Most of them are boring as fuck and dykes and closet cases.
- Just think of country music like the Republican party. White and cohesive. Will always follow the party line and vote for whoever is left running just to make sure one of their own wins.
- I hate that The Voice is tied to iTunes. I don't use it. If they had a tie-in with Spotify, then I'd follow the contestants more closely.
- Blake Shelton was recently quoted as saying it was he, who pushed for the direction of country on the show. And he made no apologies for it, either.
The Voice is going to be a big embarrassment...
- If Michelle Chamuel wins, will she be the first out singer to win a major US singing competition?
Dunno. I really like her original music, though. She's the only non-country singer in the finals, so I think she has a good shot at winning.
- Every time this thread title shows up I think it is about VotN's impending move to NYC.
- [quote]Blake Shelton was recently quoted as saying it was he, who pushed for the direction of country on the show. And he made no apologies for it, either.
One more reason not to like that asshole.
Country is a niche market for white trash with no taste.
- What seems to confuse Shelton and the producers is that while he is an appealing TV personality who has achieved a widespread popularity, as a country singer he is still just very popular with that audience. As a singer he has not crossed over.
- That damn teenager better not win. Sasha Allen had the biggest diversity of style. I would have thought she was going to win it.
I like Michele...just wish she would learn some other moves besides the bending down on one knee routine.
- Tarralyn Ramsey's new Christmas album "Tis the Season for Miracles" is available on iTunes.
- I'm still going to watch the show but just the auditions and battle rounds. It seems most Voice viewers have shit taste.
- Ha! To the original post.
- I watched this show the first season. Before that, I watched a few of the American Idols. Not anymore. Am so sick of it!
They telling sob stories of the contestants.